FROM THE FILES OF DIVISION
CASE NUMBER: 376 - 69 - Joshua Brock
Bartek Borowiec with wing by Steyn
Basic Suspect Information
KNOWN ALIASES: Icarus
DATE OF BIRTH: 13/1/1991
AFFILIATION: X-Men / Genosha
- Large wings allowing flight
- Limited healing
- 'Third eyelids' to allow for above-cloud flight
- Large lungs four times the size of humans and far more efficient at oxygen intake in 'thin air'
- Added muscles to cope with flight
- Hair and eyes are both natural 'obvious' traits
- Voice is able to replicate any sound heard or imagined
- Able to use voice destructively
- Immune to his own voice.
- Is known to occasionally turn blue
- Able to mesmerise with his voice
- It should be noted that when under the influence of Kick, his wings become pure energy (including the metal one) and he appears to have yellow lines similar to Darren's own, as well as slightly glowing eyes. It's unknown if Kick has any other effect on him, as Jay only takes it rarely.
LAST KNOWN LOCATION: Xavier's University
Detailed Suspect Appearance
ESTIMATED HEIGHT: 5'8"
ESTIMATED WEIGHT: 170lb
BUILD: Jay is best described as a footballer. The added muscles for his wings and the sheer level of fitness he's at means Jay is incredibly toned, and without the wings would look top heavy. With the wings he balances out nicely. Though short, he is proportionate, slim though solid with muscle.
EYE COLOUR: Bright gold (glows slightly when under the rare influence of Kick)
HAIR COLOUR: Bright letterbox red.
HAIR STYLE: Very long in defiance of his upbringing, usually left loose but occasionally tied back. Very, very rarely plaited, except for when he's in his role as Icarus of the X-Men - because no one wants to eat hair while they're kicking ass.
PREFERRED DRESS: Can't wear tops for obvious reasons, though occasionally he'll get fed up and try to customise one. Usually found in blue jeans and sneakers, occasionally boots, and fingerless gloves to help him when he's gripping onto a wall for landing. All his clothes are very, very expensive.
- Gambles. He loves gambling, but is sensible enough to make sure it's not a habit.
- Chain-smokes, thanks to Darren. Especially when he's stressed.
- Has developed a sudden love for sci-fi.
- Listens to a lot of music.
- Plays guitar to a professional level.
- Owns a rabbit by the highly original name of Patches.
- Does drink quite a bit, but again, it's not a problem.
- Takes New Orleans' unofficial motto truly to heart.
Suspect History Information
AGE: Late 30s
FATHER'S NAME: Jonathan Brock
SUSPECT HISTORY: Born in Georgia, Jay never knew his father until very recently. He was born a cripple, unable to walk or hold himself upright, with red hair and gold eyes. He had operation after operation, none of which served to do anything other than bankrupt his single mother, who was struggling to support a permenantly ill child and his freak of a twin sister. Unlike her brother, Jillian was born with her mutation of blue skin, prehensile tail and bat wings.
Then his mother met a Televangelist. They got married, and their financial woes disappeared. But Jillian ended up being locked in the attic and Jay was forced to dye his hair to hide his 'oddities' as his step-father used his wheelchair-bound son to garner more viewers and up his paycheck. This started to build resentment in the young Jay, who refused to pander to his step-father's wishes.
This all changed when his mutation finally began to become apparent - it turned out the extra 'growths' against his spine that had crippled the boy were pseudo-wings, and over a painful few weeks they grew out properly. Jay was able to walk for the first time in his life, and learnt how to fly despite his step-father's attempt at confining him.
It was about this time that live footage showed the Reverend Jameson being punched on stage by the 'angel' he'd called down to banish the blue-skinned 'devil'. Jay did not take kindly to being told to hurt his beloved twin sister.
The pair ran away from home at that point, settling for a while with a band in New Orleans, down on the Bayou, which is where he takes his current accent from and uses as his home city instead of Georgia. After seeing their step-father and mother in a car on one of his 'tours', they both spooked and joined a few mutants heading for a commune called the Fringes. They didn't settle there long, however - after a few disagreements between the leader and Jay, the twins were invited to go to a mutant school called Xavier's, promised free boarding and education. They took the opportunity with both hands, and there the story should have ended.
Unfortunately it didn't. A series of kidnappings spooked the pair, and they once again fled for Jono's Fringes, now underground - literally - in the sewers. Although it wasn't ideal, they were safe, and Jay took up thieving to help the community. He tried to keep bits aside so that he and Jill could one day get out and build a life for themselves.
Then the Massacre happened. Besides the child Leech, Jay was the only one to survive out of the mutants down in the sewer. Jill died in his arms after having taken a shot that was meant for Jay, saving his life. To this day Jay still doesn't know who or why. It took him a week to bury Jill, then another two for him to recover before he made his way back to the only safe haven he knew - Xavier's University.
And the rest, as they say, is a story for another time.
[AKA Scum will update this later, promise, just argh essay]