Summer 2009: Selene

Check out what goes on between semesters here!
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

Post by Starfish »

Rahne: Rahne peered critically at her reflection in the mirror of her room at the hotel room and adjusted the clips that kept her hair piled up. She was a little nervous of what people might thing, dispite telling herself that they'd be happy for her there was still that little note of worry.

Remy: He studied the platter of food infront of him, one eyebrow raised. "Now...dis cajun's heard some rumors about Scottish food. What d' hell is 'safe'." Not a sprinkle of cayenne in sight either. It all looked wonderfully done up, just so...well definately not cajun.

Victor: Vic ran a hand through his hair and then ovre the mane on his chest, stepping behind Rahne and wrapping his arms around her. "Y' smell nervous, darlin'." He murmured.

Rogue: Rogue looked over the bottles in the bar, contemplating what to try first before moving over to the food and eyeing it cautiously. "Smells alright."

* Northstar came up behind Remy. "I believe as long as it's not called 'haggis', it's fine... that's... intestines or something."

Northstar: He tugged at his tie in annoyance. He hated dressing formally, even if he looked sharp in a tuxedo, if he could say so himself.

Rogue: Rogue overheard JP and turned to him, "Really? People eat intestines?"

Kyle: Kyle came up next to Remy, also checking out the food. "Looks safe to me..." Kyle scratched a finger over some mushy kind of stuff and licked his finger. "Tastes okay."

Rahne: "Jus' nervous ... everyone's gonna meet tha whole new me after all," she lifted up his hand and kissed it, "Thin' it's time fer us to go down? Say aye quick afore I chicken ou'." She smiled.

Remy: He laughed. "Oui. Well, what d' hell does 'haggis' look like?" He eyed Kyle. "So long as its 'animal' its 'jus' fine t' y', mon ami. No offense."

Remy: He clucked his tongue. "Honestly...some days a boy jus' wants t' see some bisquits an' gravy."

Victor: Vic grinned, giving Rahne a once-over before nodding. "Aye. Y'll blind 'em, babes." He leant down and kissed her.

Kyle: "I don't just eat animal/" Kyle said, while sniffing the next thing that was rather too sweet to actualy be meat. He looked up around, then picked a bit and tied it. He was wrong. It was meat.

Rogue: "Maybe it's not as bad as it looks, sugah." She moved up beside Remy to look at the platter he was standing in front of.

Rahne: She kissed back for a moment before taking his hand in her's and walking out of thier room down to where thier friends were.

Remy: "Je sais, but y' must admit dat it be y're favorite, homme. An' in many conditions." He shrugged. "Oui. Well, might as well jus' leap in an' try it den, non?" He smiled at her. "How was y're flight anyways petite?"

Rogue: Rogue scoffed slightly and arched an eyebrow at him. "Don't ask. Think they have a new design pattern in tha arm rests."

Rahne: Rahne hovered inside the door and stiffled a giggle as Vic went in first ... this was going to be fun dispite ther nerves ...

Victor: Vic smiled and slipped into the room first, grinning. "Ladies an' gents, please welcome th' birthday girl!"

Remy: He chuckled. "Y' should jus' take a bunch of happy pills on d' way back an' sleep through all of it. Unless y' wanna immigrate here."

Remy: He turned at the familiar voice, nodding at Vic in greeting. "I would, mon ami, but where d' hell is she?"

Rogue: "Too damn cold here," she laughed, "But that's a good idea. Might have ta figure out where ta get some of those." She turned to smile at Vic.

Rahne: She waited a moment before walking in behind Vic and smoothing down her skirt and giving everyone a small wave "Righ' here Remy ..."

Kyle: "It's not that cold" Kyle said with a mouth full of mystery food. Delicious mystery food.

Rogue: "Happy birthday, sugah!" Rogue grinned. Rahne was looking awesome. "Thanks f' invitin' us all." She looked at Kyle, "Says tha boy covered in fur."

Remy: He paused, blinking in suprise. "Rahne?"

Northstar: Jean-Paul smirked slightly. "I'd expect you to be the one complaining, Remy. You weren't born with antifreeze in your blood."

Rahne: She gave Remy a smile, "Aye ..."

Selene: Selene opened the door to peek into the room the moment Vic announced Rahne, then she cautiously slipped inside, closed the door behind herself and stepped aside to stand in the corner. She fidgeted with her hair and her dress while curiously watching everyone else in the room. Better to stay out of the way at first.

Victor: Vic wrapped an arm around Rahne, smiling as he pressed a kiss to the top of her head, tail curling.

Remy: "Well no sense, no feelin'." He shook his head at Jean-Paul, giving him a small teasing grin as he stepped forward to give Rahne a big hug. "Look at y' petite. When did dis happen?"

Kyle: Kyle was still facing the platters and trying out new foods when he heard the voices and smelled Vic and Rahne. He turned around and saw Vic, and was a little surprised to see Rahne like that.

Rahne: Rahne grinned and hugged Remy back, "A couple o' weeks ago ... it's good to see yer Remy, than's fer commin', where's Teej?"

Kyle: Kyle wiped his mouth, swallowing what he collected in his cheeks, and finally managed a, "Hi Rahne! Hi Vic! Did you know they have these small chocolates with small peanuts pack and small bottles in small fridges in the rooms?"

Victor: Vic spotted Kyle and grinned at the boy. "Yup. Take it y're room's gonna need restockin'?"

Selene: Selene blinked in surprise when she recognized her roommate. That certainly had to be a very special kind of therapy Rahne must have gone through.

* Northstar smirked. Someone who liked to eat as much as he did.

Rahne: She waved at Kyle and spotted Selene in the courner and gave her a wave too over Remy's shoulder.

Remy: "She's jus' upstairs wit' Johnny. He was nappin' an' didn't want t' wake him early or dere'd be hell t' pay later on. She should be down soon."

Rahne: "Groovy," she pulled away and looked down at herself, "So ... what're yer thin'?"

Selene: After finishing with being startled, Selene manged to lift an arm and wave back while she continued to look Rahne up and down. What an astounding change.

Remy: "I'm glad y' got some of y're control back." He gave her a small kiss on her fuzzy cheek. "I know dat was somethin' dat weighed on y're mind. An' y' did it. Good for y'."

Rogue: Rogue hung back a bit and let Remy say hello before stepping up to hug Rahne then Vic. "Ya lookin' great, Rahne."

Victor: Vic snagged himself a glass of whiskey, scanning the room, before his eyes fell on Jean-Paul. Wow. He'd actually come? He smirked and then grinned at Remy. "She's bin workin' on it fer a while. I only foun' out the other day."

Remy: He stepped out of the way to let others say hi, and clapped Vic on the shoulder, giving him a hug too. "Oh oui? Dat musta been a suprise. How'd she show y'?"

Rahne: "Month's acctually ... I got tha idea fer it from one o' tha other pacient's in tha hospital," she explained, "It took alotta work, an' effort, was a real figh' ta do it."

Selene: Selene let her gaze wander around the room. She was grateful that they had booked the entire hotel, as she wouldn't have wanted to endure the presence of too many other people at the moment. The flight to Scotland had been bad enough. It had taken quite an effort by her various gifts to make it through the airport and customs and then to this hotel.

Kyle: Kyle scratched his his jaw, "You look pretty." he told Rahne, then spotted the glass in Vic's hand "Do you guys want something to drink? I'm getting thirsty."

Victor: Vic smirked at Remy, before breaking into a wide grin. "Well...." He winked. "It was intreestin'." He held his glass out to Kyle. "Yeah, whiskey, mate."

* Northstar opened his mouth, then realized Kyle probably wasn't addressing him. Oh, there was an open bar, right? He wandered off with purpose.

Selene: She peeked at the unusual looking assortment of foods. She'd definitely have to sample some of these things. But at a later time. Selene curiously peeked back at Rahne, still fascinated by the change she had gone through.

Rahne: Rahne smiled and walked a little closer to Selene, "Noticed yer starein' so ... what're yer thin'?" she asked her.

Kyle: Kyle was holding Vic's glass up at the bartender to refill it, then was a little confused on what to get for himself. He ended up asking for the same whiskey.

Selene: "Oh!" Selene blinked again as Rahne approached her. She stopped fidgeting with her hair and dress. "Hello, Rahne. Happy Birthday." She gave her roommate a small smile and a nod. "I think that you're looking fascinating." Selene shyly tilted her head to the side. "In a very beautiful way. This new look suits you very well."

Kyle: Kyle came back next to Vic and looked down at the two glasses, forgetting who's is who's, then just gave the nearest drink to Vic.

Victor: Vic took the glass with a nod. "Go see if Rahne wants anythin', mate." He smiled at Kyle.

Rahne: Rahne blushed a little, "Than's Selene," wow that was a real compliment there! "So yer gonna stop alon' wit' us fer a while then? Duncan can't wait to meet yer,"

Kyle: He took a small sip from his glass as he shuffled over to Rahne, giving a small throat clearing sound. Whiskey here was a little different from the stuff back in America. "Rahne, you want something to drink?"

Selene: "I'm sorry if it's not appropriate for me to just stand around here." She glanced around again. "But I'm afraid this is my first party, so my experience concerning festivities is kind of limited." Selene nodded at the question. "Yes, I have plenty of time, so I will spend some time with you and your family before I continue to travel to London and Venice."

Remy: "Y' look real good too Vic. Happy an' content. Y're summers goin' pretty good den?" He gave Vic a small inquiring lift of his brow and then coughed slightly at the small bite of food he'd taken without really looking at what he was eating.

Selene: "If that's in order by you, of course?" Selene fidgeted again, trying to figure out if it would be appropriate to offer Rahne a hand to shake. Eventually, she extended her right hand. "So, uhm, congratulations."

Victor: Vic's smile turned into a wide grin and he nodded slightly. "Summer's bin pretty fuckin' good." He pushed the thought of what happened in Edinburgh and the letter Mama had forwarded out of his thoughts. "Y' alrigh', mate?" He frowned slightly.

Northstar: Jean-Paul blurred back with a vodka martini, basically just to prove that he could with a drink in hand; it accelerated with him. He smiled slightly and sipped it.

Rahne: "I'd love a drink Kyle," she gave the boy a warm smile, "whiskey please," she said before turning back to Selene, taking her hand, "Than's Selene, tha' sounds great ... Vic an' I need to head down to London soon, we coul' driver yer if you'd like. I know yer ain't so keen on public transport."

Remy: He swallowed and nodded. "Oui." He promptly stole Vic's glass and took a sip. "At least y'all know how t' make booze right."

Rogue: Rogue made her way to the bar and ordered a whiskey then moved to look at the food again, contemplating what to try first.

Victor: Vic laughed. "Ain' used t' Scots cuisine yet, Rem?" He took his whiskey back and took a sip. "Strong food t' line yer stomach against th' booze."

Selene: "Really? That would be most welcome. Thank you." She nodded eagerly. "Yes, indeed. I don't like to travel by plane, buses or trains. It's always kind of awkward for me. Getting through customs here was quite problematic."

Remy: "More like stomach t' line y're stomach wit'." He teased and picked up a carrot stick. "At least I know what dis is."

Kyle: Kyle almost gave his own glass to Rahne but thought she might prefer her own. He turned back over to the bar, taking another sip, feeling nice and warm in his tummy. "Another whiskey like this please?" he held up his own glass, then took the one the bartender gave, and walked back to Rahne.

Rahne: "Yeah?" I have problems wit' customs 'cos o' how I look ..." she sighed, playing with her lion's head ring which she now wore on a chain around her neck.

Kyle: Kyle got almost confused with the glasses in his hands again, until he noticed the one was holding less whiskey. He gave held up the other to Rahne. "Whiskey" he adde a nice smile to accentuate the -ey.

Selene: Selene continued to tug on the various ribbons of her dress. The thing was complicatedly cut and she had troubles keeping all the pieces in place, but she had found that Rahne's birthday warranted a more elegant style of dress.

Rahne: "Than's cub," Rahne took the glass and sipped it, "So how're yer both findin' Scotland so far?" she asked them both.

Victor: Vic laughed. "Yeah....takes some gettin' used t' I fin' it's better not t' ask what yer eatin'. Not that it bothers me...."

Selene: "Yes, they didn't let me take my knife into the plane, but that was to be expected." Selene shrugged. "They also wouldn't allow me to take your birthday gift along." She paused. "However, the lessons Xavier gave me concerning my telepathy took care of both problems."

Kyle: "I like it. Food's nice. And it's not as cold as people keeps saying." He said with the ever enclosing glass to his lips, and took another sip.

Northstar: Jean-Paul smiled slightly. Hearing stories like those made him realize how useful his mutation was; he never had to deal with little annoyances like law enforcement.

Selene: "The landscape and scenery is divine," Selene replied. "But I barely got to see anything since arriving here. I was mostly busy with getting my things and myself to this hotel."

Remy: "Y've never been too fussy over what y' ate." He said with a wink. "I'm gonna grab a drink. Y' good wit' what y' got?"

Selene: "Though, I'm looking forward to explore more of this country. I think the countryside will be fascniating."

Rahne: "I'll take yer fer tha guided tour later on, there's some beautifil scenery," she paused in sipping her drink, "Yer got me a presen'?" she smiled warmly, "Tha's really sweet o' yer Sel,"

Victor: Vic knocked back the rest of the whiskey. "Nah, I'll come get a refill. An' hey, I like a bitta meat." He winked and patted Remy's ass as he passed.

Selene: Selene nodded again. "Well, it's a common custom to do so, no? And since we're roommates and friends, after all, it's only appropriate for me to do so. I hope that you will like it." She pointed behind herself. "I had to store it in a separate room. Some of those annoying staff people here were not agreeing with it being here, but thanks to my gifts, I could convince them otherwise."

Rahne: "Umm ... okay," Now she was slightly worried as to what this present was, "Yer can give it to me later ..."

Rahne: She tured back to Kyle, "So how lon' yer stayin' over here then man?"

Kyle: "I dunno" he said in his glass while drinking the last bit of whiskey, and then bringing the glass down, "You think I can stay here longer?"

Rahne: She frowned and tucked a stray strand of red hair behind one pointed ear, "Well, yer'd have to ask Vic tha' ... he's payin' fer everythin' ..."

Selene: "Of course. It has time until later." She nodded and lifted a finger in a knowledgeable manner. "It took me a while to think of something interesting to get you, but then I thought of a conversation we had a while back and got the perfect idea. I thought that it should be something both fascinating, entertaining, and durable. A quality not easily found, but I think I succeeded."

Rahne: Rahne desperatly tried to think back to any discussions they'd had about presents.

Kyle: "You got her gloves?" Kyle asked, "Socks?"

Selene: "No, nothing like that. I said it's fascinating. That's a term I wouldn't use to describe gloves or socks."

Victor: VIc caught the present conversation and supressed a groan as he got a whiskey refill. Oh hell.

Rahne: "Umm ... hey yer wan' anythin' to eat Selene?" Rahne said, finishing her drink, "I thin' I need another drink too."

Kyle: "I don't wear either so I wouldn't know. I'm just guessing. I'm gonna get me more drink." Kyle said and took a couple steps closer to the bar

Remy: He chuckled at Kyle, and sipped his own whiskey leaning against the bar. "What converstations can y' have about socks?"

Victor: "Depends what socks y' talkin' abou'." Vic smirked, before wondering idly if this was the sort of conversation an engaged man should be having.

Selene: "Yes, something to eat would be welcome. I would like to try some of the local specialities."

* Northstar chuckled, coming up to the bar for a refill.

Remy: He frowned, well and truely confused. "Y' know, I consider myself t' possess a finely dirty mind, but even I can't figure out what kinda socks would be interestin'."

Selene: "We're discussing the present I've gotten for Rahne, which she will receive later tonight," Selene informed the others while she fidgeted with her dress again. This thing was too complicated to wear.

Rahne: "Well ... yer a vegitarian arn't yer?" They drifted towards the buffet, "So I guess tha rules ou' tha haggis," she pointed at the large, meaty mass on the table

Kyle: Kyle was standing next to JP, waiting for his glass to magically grow more whiskey, "Thanks," he told the bartender, and went back to Rahne and Selene.

Selene: "Now, I said that I usually try to keep my diet free of meat, but that doesn't mean that I'm a strict vegetarian." She shrugged. "But yes, maybe we could try to start with something meat free first."

Northstar: Jean-Paul smirked at Remy. He'd get it; how many possibilities were there?

Kyle: "So it was haggis I was eating? Why do people complain about it? I liked it." and he was planning on grabbing some more

Rahne: "Well, if yer wan' somethin' local ... there's tha clootie dumplin' though it's more a puddin'-dessert sorry," She pointed at it (((Link: http://www.scottishrecipes.co.uk/clootiedumpling.htm)http://www.scottishrecipes.co.uk/clootiedumpling.htm))

* Northstar muttered, "But of course; you're a feral..."

Victor: Vic snorted at Remy. "Condoms, Rem." He grinned and took a sip, sharing an amused glance with Jean-Paul. "Hey. I like meat too." He said innocently.

Northstar: Jean-Paul just managed not to choke on his new vodka martini. That reminded him, he hadn't hooked up with Victor yet. He quirked an eyebrow.

Selene: "Ah, I see." She stepped over to said dumpling. "Well, dessert or not isn't of importance. One must have a fairly limited and ignorant mind to refuse starting a meal with the dessert." Selene smirked and helped herself to some dumplings.

Remy: "Clootie?" He shook his head on overhearing that. He made a faint noise. "Oh. Well why d' hell would anyone call dem a sock? I know y're well endowed Vic, but even I wouldn't go dat far."

Rahne: Rahne sniffed and then grinned, "Teej's on her way," she commented.

Victor: Vic grinned at Rem. "Ever heard a' th' term 'sex inna sock', Rem?" He glanced at Rahne, then sniffed too. "Yup."

Northstar: Northstar's eyebrow climbed further.

Remy: "Non. Guess dere is still dat streak of purity in me after all." He put on a little boy grin for that.

Rahne: Rahne left Selene to her dumplings and sidled over to Vic "This mean we can do tha announcemen' now?" She whispered in his ear.

* Northstar did snort at that.

Victor: Vic laughed at that. "Doin' the Sister Purity thing again, Remy?"

Victor: He turned to Rahne slightly and nodded, smiling a little.

Remy: He snickered and shrugged. "Well, y' can't blame me for tryin'."

Talia: She let Johnny walk in himself, holding his hand tight as he tried to pull away to explore every little thing they passed. Finally they made it to the room and spotting his father, he pulled and she let go, letting him run over.

Selene: Selene took her plate of dumplings and stepped over to the bar, perching on one of the stools. When the bartender approached her, she ordered a glass of sugar-free lemon juice.

Rahne: Rahne walked forwards to TJ, smiling widly, "Hey! Birthday girl an' Mrs. Lebeau!"

Remy: He scooped Johnny up just as he was ready to do a header into his legs. "Hey. Y' finally woke up an' let y're mom come down." He smiled at his wife, and let Rahne maul her first.

Northstar: Jean-Paul peered down at the little newcomer in distaste. No one told him there would be children at this event.

Kyle: Kyle had to move quick not to spill his drink when a blue boy ran past him to up to remy

Rahne: Rahne held out her arms, "So ... wha' do yer thin' o' tha new look? I'm askin' everyone."

Victor: Vic smiled at Johnny. " 'Ello mate. Y're lettin' y' mum have some fun now?"

Remy: He moved his whiskey out of reach of small hands. "An' apparently tryin' t' have some of his own. Y' don' need t' take after y're papa dis quick."

* Northstar smirked, remembering Talia was not amused when he did end up offering the kid a beer.

Selene: Selene frowned. She had heard about the marriage through some other students, but it had been TJ's birthday, as well? She took a sip from her glass and put her plate down on the bar. Then she hopped from her stool and stepped over to TJ and Rahne. "Hello, TJ. Happy belated birthday, I guess." She gave TJ a kind nod and shook her hand.

Selene: "I'm sorry that I don't have a present for you, as well."

Kyle: "You want me to get him something from the bar?" Kyle asked Remy while he himself was keeping his own glass also away from tiny hands.

Kyle: Kyle then wondered if the tiny bottles i nthe tiny fridge were actually meant for little kids like Johnny...his hand's were tiny.

Remy: "Dey jus' have some juice?" He asked. "Like...apple. He can have water too, but he'll be distracted better wit' d' juice. Might jus' slip a tiny bit of whiskey into it before we head upstairs though, so he'll sleep d' night. D' flights gone an' messed his schedule up a ton."

* Northstar smirked. Sounded like the best method of handling kids to him.

Victor: Vic blinked at Remy, then remembered that Moira tended to do the same when Duncan was bitching - and when Mary wasn't looking. "Heh. Start 'im young, eh?"

Kyle: Kyle sipped his whiskey noticing it was almost done. "Okay," he said, and walked back to his new best friend The bartender. After a little while he came back minus his own whiskey but with two glasses. one made of glass, the other looked plastic.

Remy: "Well...it ain't like I'm gettin' him drunk." He grinned and shook his head. "I'm sure given a few years...quite a few...he'll manage dat on his own."

Talia: "Hey Rahne! You look...different...way good though!" she gave her a quick hug. "And thanks, but this is your birthday, isn't it??"

Talia: She gave Remy a nudge. "We are not giving him any alcohol!!!"

Kyle: "They got apple juice and appletini. I'm not sure what's the difference. Which does he want?" Kyle held up the two glasses

Rahne: Rahne hugged back, "Than's, bu' ... well this ain't jus' to celebrate my bein' twenty one, is it love?" She turned to Vic and smiled slyly.

Victor: Vic grinned back and rolled his eyes. "Wan' me t'?" He mouthed.

Rahne: "It's yer job, yer tha man," she poked his ribs where she knew he was ticklish.

Selene: "It's not?" Selene looked around questioningly. "Does someone else have birthday, too. Or did an unpleasant person die?"

Remy: "Juice, merci." He chuckled and took the plastic cup. "Y' can try t' 'tini. Might be a bit sweet for y'."

Victor: Vic almost spilt his whiskey, tryng to avoid the poke. "Alrigh', fine." He mock sighed, then raised his voice. "Uh...guys? Got a wee announcemen' t' make, now Teej is here."

Rahne: Rahne just grinned at Selene and said nothing.

Talia: "Announcement??" she looked between the two, before leaning toward the bar. Shit, she needed a drink too.

Kyle: Kyle tried the appletini drink. It was sweeter than Remy had warned him...but it still had alcohol, so he didn't spit it back. Only drank more of it. He'll need something to wash it down later on.

Rahne: Rahne nodded and walked over to Vic, linking her arm with his and resting her head on his shoulder.

Victor: Vic wrapped his free arm around Rahne, smiling down at her. "Yeah. This party was t' celebrate Rahney's twenty-firs' but we got a coupla other things t' celebrate now."

Remy: A couple? He was half expecting one...but not a few. "Oui?"

Victor: "Firs', tha' Rahne's foun' a way t' look cuter'n ever...." Vic winked at Remy. "An' secon'.....I'd like yeh t' meet th' future Mrs Creed."

Rahne: Rahne smiled and blushed happily, holding up her left hand to display the ring.

Rogue: Rogue's eyes went wide, "Y'all are engaged? Congratulations!" She beamed at the two of them.

Remy: He started to clap. Ahh so he had done it. "Congratulations y' two!"

Selene: "Oh, so we will still get a funeral, yes?" Selene's eyes widened in a hopeful manner. "I hope whoever passed away really deserved it." She paused as she heard what Vic said. "Mrs. Creed? Where?" She looked around, then back at Rahne. "Oh! You!"

Remy: He began laughing at Selene's words. "One things for sure, we'll not be bored wit' y' aroun', petite."

Rahne: "Aye me," Rahne winked at Selene, "So's I hope yer all are enjoyin' our engagmen' party, than's fer commin'." She leaned up and gave Vic a quick kiss.

Talia: She took a large sip of her wine. "You're engaged?! That's awesome!!!" She moved up to give Vic a little smack. "Told you!"

Northstar: Jean-Paul raised his eyebrows then sighed, knowing that everyone present was familiar with his take on relationships and regardless, condolences weren't appropriate. "Congratulations," he offered.

Victor: Vic smiled and deepened the kiss unexpectedly, before pulling away with a grin.

Selene: Selene glanced at everyone in the room, still feeling somewhat puzzled. Then her gaze returned to Rahne and Vic. "Congratulations." She stepped over to shake both of their hands.

Victor: He laughed at TJ. "Yeah, yeah, I know." He smirked. "I chickened ou' th' firs' time though."

Remy: "But y' managed it d' second? Or did y' take more dan dat?" He sassed.

Talia: She gave Rahne another big hug. "So so congratulations! We have to start like, an old married wives club or something now."

Kyle: "Err...are you two going to go back to the college then? Or are you going to stay here and start a family or something?" Kyle asked Rahne and Vic.

Rahne: Rahne giggled happily and accepted Selene's handshake. "I'd like to talk to yer about somethin' later," she said. Before hugging TJ, "Oh we so shoul'!!" She squeezed TJ before breaking away.

Victor: Vic flicked Remy's ear with a grin. "Cheeky ass. Jus' th' second."

Victor: "We're stayin' at the school, Kyle." He smiled.

Kyle: "Oh, good. I was getting worried that i'll be the only person riding a bike there."

Rahne: "Umm ... we ain't set a date o' anythin' yet ..." she said to TJ, "Bu' ... umm, I was wonderin' if yer'd like to be my chief bridesmaid?" She asked hopefully, she'd already thought about this and there wasn't anyone else she'd rather have.

* Northstar swore inwardly that if they had kids in the mansion... bratty, squalling, furry kids, he was going to go Columbine on their asses.

Selene: "Of course." Selene nodded again, at TJ and Remy, as well. "My belated congratulations to your wedding, as well. Apparently everyone at the school feels the sudden need to pair up." She smirked. Maybe a strange kind of epidemic, or it simply was mating season for mutants.

Talia: Talia blinked. "Me?? You want me to be the like...maid of honor? Really?!"

Rahne: "Aye yer," Rahne said, grinning, "Who else?"

Remy: "Ah well. Y' know what dey say. Practice makes perfect." He pulled him into another hug, thumping his back hard. "An' merci Selene." His smile still curled his mouth. "I'd say it was spring fever, but we're all into summer."

Selene: Selene tilted her head sideways, pondering. "Isn't it customary to have a drink to the newly engaged couple. At least, that's what I've read about things like this."

Talia: She smiled wide. "Of course I'll so do it! That'd be awesome!! Is there anything special I gotta do?? I gotta look into that."

Rahne: Rahne gestured over to the bar, where obedient to instruction the staff were pouring out glasses of champane for everyone in responce to Selene's question.

Victor: Vic hugged Remy back, suddenly grinning widely. "Thanks, man. Seriously."

Remy: "I think in dese guys case we might have t' have a few, but y're right." He hoisted his drink aloft. "T' d' future Mrs. Creed." He spoke in a false whisper. "An' don' forget dat y' can lead him aroun' by his balls."

Victor: "No she bloody can'." Vic clipped Remy around the back of the head, holding his own drink up with a grin.

Talia: Talia held her drink as well, giving Remy a silly smile.

Selene: Selene took one of the glasses of champagne that was offered to her and lifted her glass to mirror the others.

Kyle: "Yes she can." Kyle matter of factly added, then downed his sweet drink.

Rahne: Rahne blushed as everyone toasted her, giggling to herself.

Northstar: Jean-Paul sighed and raised his own glass, then drained it.

Remy: "Truth hurts." He rubbed his head wryly and gave him a wink, putting down his glass so he could loop that arm around Talia, Johnny wide eyed at all the silly adults.

Rahne: Rahne gave Vic a dirty grin, "I can thin' o' better thin's to do to yer balls." She reasured him.

Talia: She put her own arm around Remy, taking a sip of her wine. Johnny reached for it and she moved it away, so he wiggled to be let down. "Now he's way to full of energy."

Victor: "Oh, I know. I know. But later, darlin'." He winked at Rahne.

Selene: Selene stepped back from all of the others and quietly drank her champagne by the bar.

Kyle: "You know, I think his tail works just as well if you don't want to pull him along at his balls." Kyle said, trying to lick the last bit of drops from his glass

Rahne: Rahne giggled at Kyle, "Vic likes havin' his tail pulled, don' t yer sweetheart?" she winked at him.

Victor: Vic leveled a deadpan look at Kyle, said tail twitching. "Yeah." He smiled at Rahne again, leaning down to give her a kiss. "Only by y', though."

Selene: She frowned and shook her head when she overheard the discussion. Yes, it most certainly was hormones running rampant or some kind of mating season with those people.

Remy: "Oui, but its better dan him bein' whiny an' cranky." Johnny shoved at his chest, and he set him down, but kept a couple of fingers in the back of his shirt, which didn't impress him either.

Rahne: Rahne kissed Vic back before looking down at Johnny, "Been dopin' him up on sugar?" She grabbed a glass of whiskey from the bar.

Talia: "No, he's just really really well rested. We learned our lesson about too much sugar," she told her.

Rahne: She drank her whiskey and squatted down on her haunches infront of Johnny, "So wha'd yer thin' o' Auntie Rahne's new look Johnny?" She asked him.

Remy: "Though dat hasn't stopped other people from feedin' him it. It wouldn't be so bad if he didn't get into shit, but y' know d' second I let him go he'll be drinkin' out of half empty cups or pullin' d' table cloth off or somethin'."

Talia: He reached out to pet her face gently, before grabbing a fistfull of fur to pull.

Selene: Selene pondered. Maybe it would be the appropriate time to give Rahne her birthday present. She mentally reached out to the members of the hotel staff she had to keep telepathically influenced so they'd take care of the gift she had brought. A few moments later a young man walked in and handed Selene a head of lettuce.

Rahne: "Ow!" Rahne yelped, pulling back a little, "Looks like he's hit tha terrible two's a year early huh?" She rubbed her cheek.

Talia: "Yeah, they like to tell you it doesn't start til two. It really starts as soon as they walk," she said, kneeling down beside them. "Don't pull on Auntie Rahne like that, baby. It hurts her."

Kyle: "And that's why I don't come into reaching distance." Kyle said, staring at his empty glass

Remy: "More like he doesn't get what hurts yet." The yelp from Rahne'd startled him enough that he was looking wide eyed at her. "Though when he wants down he pulls some pretty good tantrums." He gave a small frown to his son. "Y' need t' be gentle."

Victor: Vic looked at Johnny, carefully pulling his tail out of the way. He had piercings, damnit.

* Northstar stared at the man and the head of lettuce. He winked at the man in assessment. He had no idea what was going on.

Rahne: Rahne stood up, "Duncan disnae pull fur, bu' he's grown up aroun' animal's ... he'll learn," she smiled before looking over at Selene and frowning ... where had she got that lettuce from?

Selene: After taking the lettuce, Selene ordered the young man to open the door the nearby room, while she would concentrate to give the table inside that room a telekinetic command. She smiled in satisfaction as she felt it respond and set itself in motion. Selene stepped over to Rahne and held out the lettuce. "Rahne, this is for you. Your birthday present."

Northstar: The man hadn't responded before he walked out; Jean-Paul frowned darkly, then realized he'd looked drugged, therefore, Selene was doing something tricky. How bothersome.

Kyle: "You got her lettuce? Socks would have been better. Or gloves." Kyle said

Rahne: Rahne took the lettuce, when had she ever asked for a lettuce? "Umm ... than's?"

Talia: Lettuce?? She looked over to Selene. What a weird weird weird girl.

Selene: "You're welcome. But it's not meant for you. It's meant to feed your present." Selene gestured towards the door, where a large telekinetically animated table walked inside, carrying a giant land turtle on it's back. The turtle glanced around the room, languidly, but curious. "Rahne, meet Filburt."

Victor: Vic just stared at the turtle. "What th'...."

Talia: Her eyebrow shot up. Turtle? Was that less weird? She was kind of glad Selene didn't give Johnny anything for his birthday.

Rahne: Rahne stared at the land turtle .... oh shit!! That talk on webcam ... "Ha! Haha!! OhmiGOD!! That's SO awesome!!" She ran forwards and held out the lettuce for her turtle.

Remy: Johnny squealed, pointing excitedly at the animal. He picked him up, not sure what turtles really did, but there were enough snapping ones around home.

Northstar: OK, so apparently she got it... Northstar rolled his eyes and headed back to the bar for a gin and tonic. His drink choices were degrading as the event dragged on.

Kyle: ".....yeah....but how do you eat it?"

Victor: Vic just blinked, then memory flipped a card of the webcam conversation.... "Oh hell...." He shook his head, grinned, and turned back to the bar. He was too sober for this.

Rahne: "Hey! Yer can't eat my turtle!!" Rahne giggled again, "Selene this is AWESOME! Where's yer get him?"

Selene: "I'm glad that you like it." Selene stood next to Rahne and smiled. "It wasn't exactly easy taking it over here. The two of us met in a zoo over in New York. We had an engaging conversation, and afterwards he simply decided to follow me around." She smirked. "Or something like that."

Talia: "You took him from the zoo?!" TJ asked, then stopped. "Wait, you talked to a turtle??!"

Kyle: "You could have gone for any animal but chose one that you can't eat?"

Selene: "But rest assured, I didn't just steal him. I actually asked if I might have him, and the people at the zoo said yes." She shrugged again. "There might or might not have been some kind of telepathy involved, though."

Remy: He laughed at Kyle. "Acutally, turtle soup is supposed t' be pretty good. But some animals are pets. At least she didn't get her a bunny, non?"

Victor: "Says somethin' that I'm willin' t' marry a girl wit' a turtle fer a pet." Vic muttered over his whiskey.

Rahne: Rahne looked over at Selene, then back at her turtle ... who was happily chewing on his lettuce ... "Vic? Can I keep him please?"

Victor: Vic grinned. "Hell yeah. S' long as y' look after him, alright?"

Talia: Johnny was squirming, trying to get closer to the turtle, and TJ looked to Selene. "Does it bite??"

Selene: Selene twiddled her thumbs. "The zoo people said that he was meant to be taken to another zoo anyway, but that we might be allowed to legally keep him if we keep him in an appropriate manner. I assured them that the school grounds would suffice."

Rahne: Moral abuigity be damned, a turtle would make such and AWESOME pet!! Who else had a pet turtle!?

Remy: "Y'd marry her if she had an elephant, an' it slept in d' bed." He said, nudging Vic.

Selene: "No, I don't think so," she told TJ. "It only eats fruits and salad. I guess it's one of the most peaceful and docile animals you could get."

Kyle: "Do you get mutant elephant peple?" Kyle wondered

Victor: Vic sighed at Remy. "True, dat." He knocked back te whiskey.

Talia: She looked to Remy, then Johnny. "Wanna pet the turtle, angel??"

Remy: "Sides which, it keeps her from puttin' a little pink belled collar on y' now don' it?" He grinned a bit wider.

Rahne: Rahne hugged her turtle, "Hey ... he ain't freakin' ou', mos' animal's freak ou' 'cos o' how I smell."

Victor: Vic gave Remy a deadpan look before grinning. "Y' jus' wanna see me catnipped all t' hell, don' yeh?" He smirked. Rahne hadn't seen that, and with a bit of luck, she never would.

Kyle: Kyle had a wonderful idea that involved a pink belled collar, and in the bell, catnip. That would be so special.

Kyle: He sighed.

Selene: "You know, I think the grounds of Xavier's school are large enough to accommodate an area to properly keep animals." She tapped her chin while she pondered. "I think we could come to an agreement with those zoos to take the animals they don't have enough space to keep."

Kyle: "That'll be a great idea! I was getting bored with rabbits."

Victor: Vic grinned at Kyle. "Not t' eat, boyo."

Remy: "Wait wait...don' we already have enough? Dere's like birds an' rabbits an' d' odd deer." He was slightly alarmed. "I ain't really into goin' out t' sit on d' patio an' comin' nose t' nose wit' somethin'."

Rahne: Rahne helped herself to another glass, grinning at her turtle ... this was a really awesome party.

Talia: She took Johnny from Remy to see the turtle, helping him pet gently. "Gentle, see?"

Talia: Then she turned to Remy. "Well....we talked about a dog, remember?"

Kyle: Kyle had gone to his buddy and came back with another glass. He din't know what it was, but the bartender said it's good. "I wonder if we can get alligators. Laura mentioned alligators back at her home. I wanna wrestle an alligator."

Selene: Selene asked someone of the hotel staff to bring more fruits and a bowl of water for the turtle, then stepped aside. She felt content that her gift was received so well.

Rahne: She then frowned, and looked down at her glass ... it had been well, well over a year since she'd drunk more then a glass or so ... I'm tipsy already ain't I? She giggled a little to herself.

Remy: Oh merde. "Kinda??" Johnny was still reaching out for the turtle. "Guess its better dat a tiger or somethin' from d' zoo." He fixed Kyle a look. "No gators, mon ami. Dem things are bad news. I'll take y' out t' d' bayou an' let y' see some if y' want...but don' really want dem around my home."

Kyle: He took a sip of his drink, then had to stick his tongue out a little, making a funny sound in his throat. "What's SoCo? It tastes weird."

Rahne: She walked over to Vic, "This is a rreally grreat parrty ain't it?" She snuggled into his chest.

Victor: Vic wrapped his arms around Rahne. "Yeah." He purred. Heh, she smelt a little tipsy, but then, so was he. "Wanna go continue it elsewhere?"

Rahne: She slapped his arm lightly, "We'rre tha hosts, tha'd be rrude, 'sides, it's my parrty an' I wanna get hammered!"

Victor: Vic pouted. "Fine. But y' owe me later, pup." He grinned, leaning down to kiss her softly. "I love you."

Selene: Selene left the others to themselves and perched on the bar stool again. She looked at the empty glass of champagne and frowned, wondering if it was a wise idea to drink alcohol, considering her unstable condition. She hoped that a single glass wouldn't hurt, but ordered another glass of lemon juice and reached for her pill box. Just in case.

Kyle: After a couple more sips Kyle got used to his new drink. Well, not new anymore seeing that half of it was already gone. Correction, most of it. Kyle was sad when he saw the clear bottom of his glass. Everything was so blurry, even when he had taken the glass away from his face.
"The secondary penis slides into view. And they all lived happily ever after."
Kieron Gillen
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Starfish »

Victor: Vic stretched and filled the kettle with water, humming a little to himself as he looked out of the window to the Highlands. He turned to the house's only other occupant for the moment. "Wanna cuppa, Selene?"

Selene: Selene tore her gaze away from the large window for a moment. The scenery was mesmerizing. She looked at Vic, contemplating his words. "Is that tea? If so, yes, I would like to have some. Thank you."

Victor: Vic flashed her a grin, pulling another cup out of the cupboard. "Y' learnin'." He noticed her looking outside. "It's beautiful, ain't it?"

Selene: "Indeed." Selene nodded and sat back in her chair by the window, crossing her legs. "It's a quite soothing sight. I would like to go for a walk sometime later."

Victor: Vic poured the boiled water into the cups and leant against the counter. "Don' see why no'. It's a nice day. I'll watch th' house while y' do, if ya wan'."

Craig: Ross Craig sniffed as he arrived at the door to the Sinclair's house, noticing the two fancy looking car's parked outside, such crass materialism and luxury tarnished the soul, but he supposed he should pay a visit to his fallen daughter, if only for her poor dear mother's sake. He rang the bell.

Selene: "Thank you." She took the cup Vic offered her with a nod. "That would be excellent. I hope to see a few interesting things and get some peace of that party." She looked to the side when the doorbell rang.

Victor: Vic nearly dropped the mug, putting it on the side and experimentally sniffing. Okay, he didn't recognise the scent, and he doubted that there were that many determined salesmen that would come up to a farm in the Highlands. "I'll get it."

Victor: His tail curled curiously as he went to the door and pulled it open, revealing an old man. "Hey, c'n I help ya?"

Craig: Craig took a step back as a ... a thing opened the door, it looked like a man but he had a tail!?

Craig: "Who tha hell are ye-" He stopped as his memory threw up a reference card, the fiend had been sent to a school for freaks like herself, this must be one of the other students.

Selene: Selene occupied herself by staring at the tea inside the cup she was holding, but after another moment curiosity got the better of her and she leaned over, trying to peek around the corner and out of the kitchen. She hoped to get a view of their visitor at the door and strained her ears to eavesdrop.

Victor: Vic raised an eyebrow at the man, tail ticking at the tone. "Migh' ask yeh th' same thing, sir. Th' name's Victor."

Craig: God save him! Look at those eyes! "I take it yer a cohort o' tha hell hound's then?" He almost spat.

Victor: Vic's lip curled. "Ah. Craig. Yeah, I do happen t' be Rahne's fiance." Behave, Creed. He pushed down the urge to sneer. "I've jus' put th' kettle on, if y' wanna come in. They're ou' righ' now."

Selene: Selene frowned as she overheard a few fragment of the conversation. There was apparently a very confused and possibly senile old man at the door. Perhaps he had lost his way and was asking for directions. Or even worse, shelter. She sighed as Vic offered him some of their tea, but sat back in her chair before anyone could catch her snooping around.

Craig: "Her wha!?" Craid demanded, "Las' I'd heard she'd done tha worl' a favour an' gone back to whence she'd come." Craig frowned, this sounded like it warrented further investigation however so he strode past the beast-man and into the house.

Victor: Vic couldn't supress the growl as the man pushed past him, but he managed to keep the claws in. Civil. Be civil. "Yeah. She got better." He said shortly, following him. "Too nice fer Heaven t' keep an' all." He ran a hand through his hair, glancing at Selene.

Selene: Selene tilted her head and gave the newcomer an odd look when he and Vic strode into the kitchen, but decided to not say a word for now. She took a sip from her hot tea.

Craig: Craig stopped when he spotted the lass sitting curled up in a chair, she looked fairly normal, but those wierd clothes and pale looks, probably one of those silly dim girls who messed around with oojar boards or whatever they were, probably fitten in comfortable with that witch Moira.

Craig: At least the clothes were a respectable black, "Who's this?" He asked 'Victor' ... russian name, probbaly a communist as well as an abomonation.

Victor: "Selene, this is Craig, Rahne's grandfather." Vic shrugged. "Craig, this is Rahne's roommate, Selene." He picked up his tea. "Y' wan' some tea, sir? Y're welcome t' sit down too. Th' family'll be back soon." I hope.

Selene: Selene kept on looking warily at this Craig person. Well, at least no weird old stranger, but a weird old relative of Rahne. Wait, wasn't that even worse? You could get rid of strangers more easily than relatives. Well, let's wait and see. Selene gave him a cautious nod. "Hello."

Craig: Craig's eyes bristled, so another 'mutant', he should have known, and she looked decidedly shifty ... then again she sounded spanish. "How'd yer do," he said stiffly, taking a seat as far away from the mutants as possible.

Selene: "Acceptable," Selene replied, her eyes narrowing. Her social skills might have been woefully underdeveloped, but it wasn't that hard to notice the animosity emanating from that strange old geezer. He was Rahne's grandfather, but didn't seem to be too fond of his family. "May I return the question? How's the prostate?"

Victor: Vic almost snorted on his tea at that, smirking at Selene before taking a seat at the table. Screw Craig, he was going to be comfortable.

Craig: Craig's eyes widened, "Wha!? Tha tha ell kinna question is tha to ask!?" Bairn's these days had no manners ...

Victor: "Well, she's only tryna be polite." Vic gave Craig a smile. "So y've bin keepin' in good health, eh?"

Selene: "Yes, please excuse my way of talking," Selene replied, smirking around her cup as she took another sip of tea. "I'm not from around here. Other countries, other customs."

Craig: "I wasn't aware tha even tha spainards were so uncouth," Craig snapped, "So yer both go to tha freak school in america then?"

Victor: Vic snorted. "She ain' Spanish, leas' not tha' we've foun', eh Selene?" He sat back, eying the old man. "Aye, Craig, we go t' th' school fer mutan's." 'Freak', eh?

Selene: Selene blinked and hesitated for a moment, making a thoughtful face. "To be honest, I'm not entirely sure. I don't really remember my place of birth." But she was aware of her Spanish accent and the Mediterranean complexion. Her gaze shifted back to Craig. "Regardless, I don't consider myself uncouth. Or a freak, for that matter. I simply try to repay the manners I'm faced with in kind."

Craig: "In kind? Have I inquired as to yer unmentionables?" Craig glowered at them both.

Victor: Vic looked calmly right back. "No. Y' jus' came in here, called us both freaks, called my fiance -an' yer granddaughter - a hell-houn' an' sounded disappointed when I tol' yeh she was alive."

Victor: "If y' like, I'll respon' on kind an' call yeh a senile, dispicable ol' man who gave my girl nigh'mares an' who coul' do wit' takin' a leaf outta tha' 'hell-hounds' book." Vic sniffed slightly. "Oh, did I mention incontinen'? Y' know, at yer age y' coul' get a good price on them old people nappies."

Victor: "But I'm civil, y' see, so I won' actually say tha'." Vic smirked. "Oh, interestin' fact. Rahne ain' a hell houn'. Generally they're male, have two heads an' can' take human form." He took a sip of his tea calmly, lashing tail the only thing showing that Craig was really irritating him.

Selene: Selene glanced at Vic, blinked three times, then showed a slight smile. "I second what Vic said. Rest assured that Rahne is not a hell-hound. Mind you, it would be fascinating if she were, but she is not." She gave Craig and intense stare. "She is my roommate and my friend. So please, reconsider insulting her in my presence. Even I have enough tact to understand that."

Rahne: Rahne hummed under her breath as she ambled up the road, Slumpie the cat clamped in her arms and giving her balefull looks. "Ach! Dinnae be lookin' at me like tha, yer know yer ain't allowed outta th house," she sighed and the stopped when she sniffed a scent she hadn't smelt in years. "Oh hell!"

Craig: Craig stood up, "She's one o' satan's lot, jus' like all yer abominations afore God!"

Victor: Vic stood up as well. "I think tha's jus' abou' enough, mate." He said coldly. "I've seen a lot of abominations in my time, an' most of 'em were human. It was nice t' meet th' one in Rahne's life. You will leave now, Craig, before I call th' police an' have yeh escorted off the premises fer trespassin'."

Victor: "Rahne is far closer t' Heaven then y' ever will be, old man. How dare you decide whether she has any righ' t' be happy or not. How dare ya take it upon your high-an'-fuckin' mighty shoulders t' condemn th' sweetest girl I have ever known jus' fer somethin' she has no control over? And how dare you come here, to her house, t' do it."

Victor: Vic was almost snarling, he was so angry, but he didn't care. "Get out, old man."

Selene: Selene's gaze wandered back and forth between Vic and Craig, waiting, then she leaned back in her chair and folded her arms. "Again, I have to agree with Vic. Basically, he said it all." Her eyes narrowed and fixed on Craig. "And it's not the first time I've been called an abomination or some kind of demon. Who knows, maybe you are even right about it."

Selene: She leaned forward, resting her folded arms on the kitchen table. "But I do know that should you keep on talking like this, you will find out whether that god of yours is actually real or not."

Rahne: Rahne kept the cat in one arm as she wreastled with the front door, dropping the cat with little ceromony on the hall floor, where she suantered into the kitchen and sat infront of Selene, looking up at her whistfully and ignoreing the enraged old man.

Rahne: Rahne followed the cat, fear and anger fighting for dominace, she hadn't forgotten the time he'd beat her, but the thought of what he might have said to her friends caused the feeling of rage to come up top. "Yer!" She snarled as she came into the kitchen,, "Wha' tha hell are yerr doin' here!?" She damanded.

Craig: Craig turned around as the door slammed open, then visably paled when he saw the creature striding towards him ... but the eyes, the eyes he reconised, "I see yer've taken yer true form at las' then, werewolf!"

Victor: Vic swallowed the snarl, but couldn't do anything about the raised hackles. He went to Rahne, keeping himself between the old man and her. "Get the fuck out!" He roared, tail lashing and claws sliding out. "You will leave now."

Selene: "Hello, Rahne." Selene gave her friend a kind nod and a small smile, then looked down at the little cat that had walked in and frowned. "I see you brought a friend. Now, what are you looking at," she asked the cat, her arms still folded. "Oh, I know that look you are giving me. Don't try to fool me, little one. I've been told that I have a cat's mind, so don't even try to play me like this."

Selene: Selene got into a staring match with the Slumpie the cat, while she barely paid any attention to Craig. She let out a sigh. "I already called her by that name, old man. Believe me, she isn't one, so why don't you stop making a fool out of yourself?" She shook her head. "You are like an angry little child. With the exception that most children can be adorable and don't smell that strange."

Rahne: "Aye, acctually I have, an' I'm happy," Rahne pointed at the door, "Get ou'! Get ou' o' my damn house aforre I thrrow yerrr ou'!"

Craig: "Yer house? Las' time I check it was yer witch o' a grandmother's house, 'less yer've eaten her."

Rahne: Rahne's eyes narrowed and turned yellow, "I will nae be baited, grrran'fatherr, jus' get ou' aforre my poor motherr gets home!"

Craig: Craig snorted, "Poor mother? Tha' whore? Dinnae worry I'm leavin', fiend o' tha pit, if there's any justice in tha worl' yer an' all yer kin'll be put ta tha holy flame!"

Rahne: Okay! That was IT! With a snarl Rahne grabbed him by the scruff of his neck and picked him up off the ground like one would a kitten. "Out!" She carried the swearing man down the corridor and out the front door.

Selene: "I could simply make him leave," Selene suggested while she still exchanged looks with Slumpie. "Or... never mind." She smirked when Rahne carried Craig out, but frowned at the cat, wondering if someone ever considered checking if cats actually had some kind mind control power. "And if you're really looking for the devil's kin, you should start with that cat. It has uncanny abilities to play your emotions."

Selene: "What an annoying old man," Selene mumbled, tapping her foot while the cat actually dared to rub her leg. "All right, fine. Have your will." She sighed. "I'm powerless against your wiles." Selene leaned down and picked the cat up, cradling it in her arms. "There. Content now?" Slumpie meowed in return.

Victor: Vic followed Rahne and the old man, tail lashing as he fought to get his temper under control - although watching him being carried out was kinda funny. "Who said havin' a whore fer a mama was a bad thing?"

Rahne: Rahne slammed the door on her grandfather's curses and leaned against it, "Him aparrently ... I've heard it all beforre anyways ..." She took a deep breath, 'I'm sorry yer guys had t' see tha'," she said, comming back into the kitchen.

Victor: Vic came back in with Rahne and wrapped his arms around her, hackles going down. " 'S okay, Rahney." He smiled, nuzzling her. "Jus' glad y' weren' here when he arrived is all."

Rahne: "Oh Dia! Why? Wha'd he do this time!?"

Selene: Selene was busy ruffling the cat's fur and listening to its purrs while she watched Rahne and Vic. "There is no need to worry about us. He was annoying, but in an amusing way. It would have been entertaining to clobber him with one of the frying pans, though. You seemed to be much more upset about his presence. Are you all right?"

Rahne: "I'm nae really upset jus' ... arrgh!" She ran her hands through her hair and concentrated till her eyes were back to normal, "Firs' those dickheads in Edinburgh an' now him, this ain't been a good week fer me, it's jus' a mercy Mam an' Duncan weren't here fer tha."

Victor: Vic held Rahne tighter. "Hey, pup, it's alrigh'. He was jus' a bastard. He's gone now." He nuzzled her. "So me askin' yeh t' marry me an' the party weren' good?" He said in an injured tone.

Selene: "And getting a pet turtle," Selene added with a lifted finger, then went back to pet the cat. "I'm sorry to hear that. But I could still clobber him with a frying pan, if that would make you feel better," Selene offered. "He looked slow, so I guess he didn't make it far yet."

Rahne: "Oh nae, those were good, it's jus' tha evil o' men an' folk tryin' t' beat me up in back allys tha's made it suck. Is there tea in tha pot?" Oh God yes ... the turtle, it was still kinda awesome but now that she was sober it was random as all heck ... Her family hadn't seen it yet and she wasn't looking forward to trying to explain why there was a giant land turtle in the begonias ...
Kieron Gillen
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Starfish »

Selene: Selene followed the small trail that lead up the hill in a winding pattern, past alternating groups of trees and fields of long, green grass. It had been a fantastic idea to put on her sturdy boots and the warm coat and go for a walk through the highlands. Her gaze went from the foggy tree tops to Rahne, who walked by her side.

Selene: "This is a beautiful place. You certainly didn't promise too much when you told me about it. Thank you again for showing me."

Rahne: Rahne smiled, "It's nice to have a walkin' partner tha appriciates it, mos' folks ten' to start complain' tha they're tierd by now."

Rahne: "So wha' do yer thin' o' my family then? Appart from my evil grandfather tha is?"

Selene: "Oh, no worries, I don't get tired that soon. Actually, I think I could wander all day through these hills. You are quite fortunate to have such a home." Selene dug her hands into the pockets of her coat. "I think they are quite pleasant people. Apart from your grandfather, of course. He's not." She nodded. "I guess that I wouldn't mind staying for a few days longer with you and your family."

Rahne: "Well yer welcome to stay as lon' as yer wan' ... though Mam an' Nana thin' yer too skinny an' need feedin' up," she chuckled, "Plus Duncan likes yer, tha wee trick wit' makin' tha train's move made him yer frien' fer life I thin'."

Selene: "Oh, you're welcome." Selene gave another nod, this time with a small smile attached. "I tried this trick first with Johnny and he was similarly excited, so I thought that Duncan might like it, as well. I think he's a fascinating child. His curiosity and playfulness makes him quite likable." She shrugged. "I'm afraid that they won't succeed with that plan, though."

Selene: "It doesn't matter how much food I eat, I never seem to gain much more weight. It's possibly related to my mutation. That shouldn't keep them from cooking more of their delicious food, however." She smirked. "It's very enjoyable. And as far as I know, the summer break will last several weeks, so I should be able to stay several days before going to London."

Rahne: Rahne chuckled, "Well, if anyone coul' fatten yer up it's tha Scots, we invented deep fried mars bars after all." She shook her hair back, "Well ... wha' can I show yer nex' ... ooh I ain't shown yer tha cows yet, woul' yer like to go an' see our cows?"

Selene: "Cows?" Selene frowned. "Well, why not. Perhaps they are interesting. I certainly like the milk that they produce. In fact, have you thought about that cows are much like horses, but not as moody and inherently more useful because of their milk? I never understood why people kept horses instead of cows." She took out her pocket watch. "And it's still early enough."

Rahne: "We have a pony, bu' yer'd have to get my da o' somethin' to show yer," Rahne shrugged, "They panic if I come near 'em ... 'cos I smell o' wolf an' tha's horses natural predator ... bu' they are usefull, it's easier to get a horse to move then a cow, horses are born to run." She said while leading them over to the enclosure.

Rahne: "Tha breed we have are native to Scotlan' Highlan's, yer probably call 'em longhorn's bu' we know 'em as Hielan Coo ... tha translates basically as hairy cow," Rahne explained as it came into view.

Selene: "Hairy cow?" Selene followed Rahne to the enclosure. "Oh, I see why. The Scots seem to have a habit of naming things in a very pragmatic way." She stepped over to the fence, but started when all the cows turned their heads and looked their way. Some even started mooing. Selene blinked and stared back. "I guess they've seen us. Do you think they agree with our presence?"

Rahne: "Suck if they dinnae," Rahne leant against the fence, "Tha a wee bit more tollerant o' me 'cos as a wolf I help heard 'em," she frowned a little, "Though they've been milked already so I'm nae sure wha' they're goin' on abou' ..."

Selene: "Well, those horns look somewhat dangerous. And I think that one over there id giving us mean looks." Selene scratched her chin. "It's hard to tell what they are planning though. They seem to be occupied with eating, mooing and staring, but that could also be deceiving."

Selene: She looked at Rahne. "You used your wolf form to do that? Besides, I never asked you if you're still able to change your shape. You seem to have made a lot of progress with your abilities."

Rahne: Rahne laughed, "Aye, tha's wha' cows are good fer, starein' an' chewin cud," She looked at the cow Selene was indicating, "Oh ... tha's Sasha, dinnae min' her she's jus' got a squint."

Rahne: "Aye, an' to herd tha sheep too ..." She rested her arms on the fence, glancing down again at her engagment ring, "Well ... I can still turn wolf, I was a wolf fer a while after all ... bu' this is as human as I can manage fer now ... doc's say it's psychological."

Selene: Selene looked at Rahne for a moment, then looked back at the cows and nodded. "Maybe it is. In any case, I don't think that it makes a difference. Neither of us is truly human, so there's no need to conform to the looks of everyone else. Even regular humans rarely look alike. In your case, I would consider your unique appearance a gift. It accents your individuality."

Selene: She almost took a step back when the indicated cow, Sasha, slowly trudged over to where they stood. "There is nothing wrong with the way you look. Those who say differently are ignorant." She looked back at Rahne. "I know that I used your appearance to insult you when we first met, but please understand that I did this to keep you away from me. Now, my disposition definitely changed."

Rahne: Rahne reached up and patted Sasha between the eyes, "Aye ... well I'm fairly happy wit' tha way I look now, an' I'm proun' o' bein' a mutan', guess tha's why I've started dressin' more alternative, differen' is good."

Rahne: "Bu' ... yer know if I hadn't been a mutant I nae'er wouldda gone to Xaivers an' me any o' yer an' made frien's .. an' I certainly wouldn't be gettin' married ... speakin' o' which, can I ask yer somethin' Sel?"

Selene: "In that case, I'm glad that things turned out the way they did. I had my doubts concerning Xavier's school at first, but now I treasure our friendship. I wouldn't have expected to find people I can trust like I did with you and Lizzie." Selene glanced back at Rahne while she carefully petted Sasha. "Of course you can."

Rahne: "Well ... umm ... I really consider yer as one o' my best frien's Sel, I know we didn't really hit it off when we firs' met bu' like yer said ..." Rahne smiled and shrugged, "Would yer like to be a bridemaid at tha weddin'?"

Selene: Selene blinked in surprise and stared at Rahne in silence until she could think of a reply. "Bridesmaid. That's something special, isn't it? But I don't have a lot of experience regarding weddings. None, to be precise. So, I guess I could give you an answer if I'd know what would be required of me." She was nervous and quickly added: "But I feel honoured that you even consider me."

Rahne: Rahne smiled, "Well, I've never been married afore, bu' bein' a bridesmaid pretty much consists o' wearin' a nice dress, makin' sure I turn up at tha church an' standin' at tha alter wit' me. I've already asked TJ to be my maid o' honour. Yer can also help me plan tha weddin' if yer like as well." Rahne let the cow lick her hand and giggled.

Selene: "Oh, now, that doesn't sound too hard." Selene nodded. "So, yes, I'll gladly be your bridesmaid. Like I said, I feel honoured that you consider me one of your best friends." She patted the cow on the head and it gave a pleased-sounding moo. "Helping you to plan a wedding will most certainly be an exciting experience. I guess I will have plenty of intriguing ideas."

Selene: Selene frowned and pulled on her lip with a finger. "Though, would it be possible that we decide on the style of said nice dress together. I would be glad if it's something that suits my taste."

Rahne: Rahne nodded, "Oh yeah, o' course, yer hafta come wit' me to tha dress fittin's an' tha like. Plus we gotta sort flowers and decorations an' invites ... it's alotta work I'm gonna need all that help I can get."

Selene: Selene gave Rahne a small smile and nodded once. "Excellent. This sounds like an interesting challenge. And I'm relieved that I won't have to wear something atrocious like pink with flowers." She was momentarily distracted by Sasha licking her hand. "Uhm, good cow. Now, I think that I will have lots of good ideas for such a large festivity. I should fetch my notebook and start to write them down."

Rahne: Rahne shook her head, "Nae pink ... I thin' I'd like a green dress so mebby purple fer tha bridesmaids? That'd go nicely wit' Tj's skin an' a nice contrast wit' my dress ..."
Kieron Gillen
puppygirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pigeon Fancier
Nightscrawlearth Character: :blink :warlock :morph :deadgirl

Post by puppygirl »

Rahne: Rahne eyed up the cafe as they walked passed, various bags with leaflets and catalogues from bridal shops in her hand. She turned to Selene, "Fance a cup o' tea o' somethin'? I'm parched."

Selene: "A cup of strong coffee would be lovely right now, yes." Selene gave a nod as she inspected the cafe, as well. "Looks old and quaint. I like it. Let's take a break here." She stepped over to the door and held it open for Rahne. "Escaping all those people on the streets staring at us for a while will be a benefit all by itself."

Rahne: Rahne glanced over her shoulder at the looks they were getting from a few people walking passed. "Tell me abou' it, plus I really dinane thin' wearin' these boots were a good idea wit' this amoun' o' walkin'," she collapsed gratefully into a squishy arm-chair and rubbed her ankle through the high-heeled platform boot.

Selene: "That's probably true," Selene said with a glance at the boots before sitting down next to Rahne. "Nonetheless, they suit you." She looked around, noticing that a few other guests and the staff were giving them odd looks - especially Rahne - but a quick telepathic suggestion convinced them that there was nothing unusual about the two new customers.

Rahne: "Than's ... I'm jus' tryin' to break 'em in though, they're still a wee bit stiff ..." she trailed off when everyone who'd been stairing at them all lost interest at the same time and looked away. "Heh ... yer gettin' good ain't yer?" she smiled.

Selene: Selene shrugged. "I spent almost the entire last semester with Professor Xavier trying to refine my control over my powers. And Lizzie and Rachel have helped me, too. I'm glad that they're doing what I want them to do most of the time now." She frowned and made a face. "Using my powers before had a tendency to lead to rather unpredictable results."

Selene: A young woman stepped over to their place and asked them what they'd like to have. "A large cup of coffee, please. No milk or sugar."

Rahne: "Umm ... tea please ... an' a beef sandwhich wit' honey mustard?" The waitress jotted thier order down and walked off. Rahne turned back to Selene, "Unpredictable how?"

Selene: Selene didn't answer immediately, playing with the salt shaker on the table instead. "I found it nearly impossible to control them. Especially my telepathy and telekinesis. I would always break stuff around me. Or accidentally hurt others." She paused again. "My telepathy troubles me even more. I could not prevent reading other peoples thoughts, or affecting their minds."

Rahne: Rahne looked down at her boots for a moment, "Heh ... soun's alot like my grandfather ... tha dead on' tha is, he was a telepath/telekinetic too, an' he had nae control ... killed himsel' when he was 17 ..." She said, not looking at Selene.

Selene: "I'm sorry to hear that." Selene replied, looking over at Rahne. She paused. "Then, he died around my current age. At least, that's what I guess my approximate age is. No worries, though, I find life far too interesting to consider death a viable option." She put on a small smile.

Rahne: Rahne looked up, frowning a little at Selene, considering that she considered her one of her best friends she realised that she knew very little of her in reality, "Yer dinnae know how ol' yer are?" She asked.

Rahne: The woman came back with a tray carring thier order and placed it on the table, "Oh, than' yer." Rahne said, reaching out to pour herself a cup of tea.

Selene: Selene gave the waitress a nod to thank her and took the large mug of coffee, turning it in her hands. "Unfortunately, no. I don't have any papers. Probably lost them some time ago. Or got them taken away. I can't remember." She tilted her head to the side. "Then, I have no more contact with my family, so there's no one I can ask about my birthday."

Rahne: Rahne lifted her cup and took a sip, "Yer dinnae yer own family? Can't yer remember anythin' abou' 'em?"

Selene: Selene slowly shook her head. "No, not really. There are... short flashbacks, memories of single moments, a few images of people and places. That's all there is. It's very difficult for me to remember things that lie too far in the past." She but her lip. "It's like a vortex following me around, messing my memories up and turning them into a chaotic mess after a while."

Selene: "I fear that this will happen to the memories I have from this school, too, eventually."

Rahne: Rahne frowned a little deeper, "So ... yer sayin' yer may ferget abou' us? Isn't there a way fer yer to stop tha from happenin'? Like ... gettin' tha memories back?"

Selene: Selene shrugged and took a sip from her coffee. "I'm not sure. And neither is Xavier. He says that all my memories are still there. They aren't lost... just... messed up, thrown together and mixed up. He said it should theoretically be possible to restore them, albeit with much work. But after all, that's why came to the school."

Selene: "But yes, as long as I don't find a solution for this, there's the possibility that I might forget things. Or remember them incorrectly."

Rahne: Rahne checked her sandwhich before lifting it up and taking a bite, "Doesn't tha worry yer though?" She asked.

Selene: "It does." Selene nodded, looking around to ensure that they had some privacy. "Quite a lot, to be honest. Living in this state is... annoying, to say the least. I do no want to live in a haze. But I'm much better already."

Rahne: Rahne chewed, glad that she could now eat infront of people without feeling like a animal, "Yer are? Tha's good then, i'm sure yer'll be able to get yer memories back." She smiled and washed down her mouthful with some tea.

Rahne: "So wha's Lizzie's place like then?" She asked, moving the subject to something Selene might be a bit more comfortable talking about in public.

Selene: "Oh, it's beautiful. She has plenty of rooms and lovely furniture, some of it even antique, a comfortable bed and a large bathroom with a fascinating mirror. Ah, and a large roof terrace that grants a fantastic view over London without letting annoying neighbors look back at you." Selene nodded. "I'm grateful she lets me stay for as long as I want. She also offered to show me more of the city."

Rahne: Rahne smiled, taking another bite, "Groovy, so Lizzie's doin' better as well then?"

Selene: She nodded again. "Yes, it seems that way. She apparently enjoyed this Sebastian Shaw guy and the Cessily girl from our school keeping her company. I guess the loneliness before was not good for her." Selene stretched her neck, tying to get a look at the magazines Rahne was carrying around with her.

Rahne: Rahne noticed the slight inflection on the word 'company' and raised an eyebrow, "Oh aye?" she chuckled a little before noticing where Selene was looking and pulled out a few of the magazines she had, pushing them over to her. "Yer can look if yer like, I'm jus' lookin' aroun' fer ideas at tha momen', we cannae really start till we got a couple o' the venues sorted ou'."

Selene: "Ah, I see." Selene grabbed a magazines and leafed through it, stopping here and there to look at the pictures. "I think I could enjoy working out a suitable decoration to make the event as unique as possible." She looked up at Rahne. "Oh, and you will need to get a dress, won't you?"

Rahne: Rahne nodded and smiled, "Aye, bu' tha dress fittin's ain't gonna be till nearer tha time though, so they'll fit."

Rahne: "I'm headin' back up to Scotlan' soon to see abou' churches."

Selene: "Say, do you have already figured out a date for the wedding?" She took another sip, then waved the waitress over to order a plate of the cafe's chocolate cookies. "I don't mean a concrete date, but a general time of the year. Because, if the weather would permit it, I could see having the party outside. Perhaps in Scotland. Imagine how lovely the scenery would be."

Rahne: Rahne chuckled a little, "We're thinkin' mid-december so some folks migh' freeze ... though tha scenery woul' be lovely ..." she took another thoughtful bite, "Though, yer can get those ou' door heaters can't yer? Tha'd be good ..."

Selene: "Or we could set something on fire," Selene suggested. "I mean, have a bonfire. Oh yes, I think there should be a huge fire as soon as it gets dark, and people can gather around it or possibly throw additional things into the flames."

Rahne: Rahne swallowed, "I dinnae ... there'll be bairn's runnin' aroun' so an open fire may nae be a good idea ... plus I thin' yer need licences to have a big one these days 'cos o' health an' saftey."

Selene: "Oh, I see. Yes, you're probably right." Selene pondered some more. "But what about torches? Aren't there special garden torches for such occasions? They should be save, and high enough so that no children accidentally catch fire, who would then start to run around in panic, setting other things on fire until the entire party is reduced to a pile of ash... uhm, yeah... so, torches?"

Rahne: Rahne finished her sandwhich "... Yer pretty keen on fire ain't yer?" She asked, draining her cup and pouring another from the pot.

Rahne: Oh God ... don't tell me she's a pyromaniac. Rahne thought to herself worridly.

Selene: Selene blinked, but was momentarily distracted by the waitress bringing the cookies. "Why yes, fire is fascinating, isn't it? I love watching it. Besides, it also gives us warmth, aside from its many other uses. I'd say it's one of the most beautiful things there are. Especially at night. The interplay of a flickering fire and the nightly shadows is outright mesmerizing."

Selene: Selene smirked, nibbling on a cookie. "Additionally, there's nothing quite like fire when you have to get rid of old baggage."

Rahne: "Like wha?" Rahne asked, slightly suspiciously.

Selene: "Like... what what?" Selene put on a puzzled expression, chewing on her cookie some more. "Oh, you mean the baggage. Well, just various stuff. This and that. Things you no longer want to keep around or put up with." Selene shrugged and waved a hand. "Well, in any case, we're going to need some food and music, of course. And not to forget a cake."

Rahne: "Ummm ... okay," Rahne said, this was Selene after all, "There ain't really much I can do abou' food and all tha stuff till we have a place, though I've looked up caterers an' tha like near home. I was thinkin' a buffet ... an' after fer tha cake my Mam says she want's to make it." She smiled.

Rahne: "Can I have a cookie?"

Selene: "Of course." She pushed the plate over to Rahne. "Ah, that sounds good to me. About the place, you're intending to do it in Scotland again, yes?"

Rahne: Rahne nodded, "I'm presbytarian, so we'd like to have a church service ... plus nana an' Vic's mama cannae fly really these days so America is outta tha question ..."

Rahne: She took a cookie and nibbled on it, calling the waitress over from some more tea.

Selene: "Yes, that makes sense. You'd have to make sure to get all the guest over again. Well, it worked very well this time with the engagement party." She nodded again.

Rahne: "Well luckily tha bank o' Vic's financin' all this," Rahne smiled, "He's left mos' o' it up to me fer tha plannin' .. bu' he's like ... gettin' a final say on stuff which is good. At leas' he want's to be involved."

Rahne: "I talked to Teej tha o'er day, she's said tha all tha Remy's doin' is jus' sayin' 'Wha ever yer wan'.' She's findin' it maddenin'." She shook her head.

Selene: "Hm, yes, I guess I can see why this would be annoying. It doesn't seem to be very helpful when you try to decide between several options." The smirk returned. "Besides, should something go wrong, you have another person to blame it on."

Rahne: Rahne let out a loud laugh, "Aye! Nae'er looked at it tha way bu' yer righ' ..." She chuckled and thanks the waitress who brought more tea. "I tol' Teej ta psych him ou' wit' it ... say she's gonna make everythin' pink o' somethin' ... tha shoul' scare him into takin' an interest, Remy hates pink."

Selene: "Usually I'm not too fond of pink myself. Even though it can work in small doses when paired up with some black. But otherwise, I can see why this would scare him. Too many bright colours make my eyes twitch. Oh, speaking of colours, I think there should be lots of flowers at the wedding. And possibly birds, too."

Rahne: "... Birds?"

Selene: "Yes, birds." Selene nodded, grabbing another cookie. "There are many colourful birds, and I think they would give the party a unique touch. For example, there could be peacocks walking around, or tropical birds sitting on some branches. Songbirds, too, perhaps. Oh, some kinds of chicken are also quite colourful."

Selene: "Of course, if you ask me, I'd prefer ravens and possibly some owls, even though we'd have to watch out that they won't peck the guests."

Rahne: "Umm ..." okay no how to word this, "Some folk are ... scared o' birds Selene, it soun's like a lovely idea bu' we dinnae wan' people to be scared, we wan' them to enjoy themselves."

Rahne: "An ... like yer said, birds dinnae really behave themselves ... they peck an' shit on thin's ... an' steal food."

Selene: "Oh. Okay. No birds, then." Selene emptied her mug and snatched one more cookie from the plate. "I guess that also rules out my ideas concerning the ferrets. Or the penguins, even though they'd already be appropriately dressed for the occasion. Ah, by the way, will there be some kind of pre-planning? Especially regarding what I will have to do at the wedding?"

Rahne: Ferrets!? Penguins? Rahne had to admit she was somewhat curious as to what these ideas would have been ... "Wha' do yer mean? Pre-plannin'? Yer mean like a rehersal?"

Selene: "Ah, yes, rehearsal. I guess that's the right word for it." Selene nodded. "Yes, will there be one? Like I said, I have no idea how such a wedding works. Aside from what I've seen on TV or read in books, that is."

Rahne: Rahne nodded, "Aye, there will be a couple o' 'em I thin', dinnae worry."

Selene: "Oh, good good." Selene sat back in her chair, slowly nibbling at her cookie. "So, you are feeling very happy to marry, yes? I haven't seen you as happy before. You seem to smile and laugh more often since the engagement party."

Rahne: "I'm really, really happy to be gettin' married," Rahne finished her cookie and drank some tea, "I nae'er though' Vic was tha marryin' type ... an' after everythin' tha's happened to me o'er tha las' while .... I never expected to ahve somethin' tha good happen to me."

Selene: "Yes, I see. I was asking, because I don't know how to relate to how you have to be feeling right now. Neither can I understand how it must be to get married or such things. But good to hear that it feels nice to you." Selene looked at Rahne for a moment, then showed a tiny smile. "Anyway, let me say that I'm happy that you're feeling happy."

Rahne: Rahne returned Selene's smile. 'Than's ... tha really means alot commin' from yer Sel, I'm glad I can make yer smile."

Selene: "You're welcome." Selene folded her hands in front of her chest, reclining in her chair. "So, where do we want to go next? I know that I would only get us lost should I try to lead us any further through London. Unless you'd like to get lost with me, that is."

Rahne: "Gettin' los' in London soun's fun ... an' tha nice thin' is tha wit' my nose," she taped it, "we'll always be able to fin' our way home."

Selene: "Well, in that case, I'd say we just head off in a direction that looks interesting and see where it takes us." Selene's smirked and waved the waitress over again, rummaging through her pockets to get some of the money Lizzie had given her earlier.

Rahne: "Soun's like a plan to me," Rahne laughed.
Image NightscrawlearthImage

Pup's Blog -- Pup's Tumblr
"Why can’t people appreciate how much effort I put in to not becoming a serial killer?"
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator
Title: Sometimes the bark isn\'t worse than the bite

Post by littlebamf »

Lizzie placed her order and handed over her menu with a grin to th hovering waiter, who as always in this place, looked stressed as all hell. "And just water to drink, thank you," she added, then looked to Selene. "How about you?"

"Hm?" Selene's head snapped back to look at Lizzie. "Oh, right." She glanced at the waiter, then down at the menu again. "I think I'll have... noodles. Yes. Well, I'll take these," she said, pointing at one of dishes. "And oh, these, as well. And could you add a bit of this pesto, too, yes?" She looked back up at the waiter. "Ah yes, and a glass of water, too. Thank you."

She ignored the odd look the waiter was giving her and handed her menu back, before shifting on her seat. "This place is rather busy," she told Lizzie, looking back at her.

"Oh, and some seaweed, that'll be all thanks," the waiter scurried off and she propped her elbows on the table, resting her chin on her hands. "It does get quite busy, there are a lot of hotels and bed and breakfasts around the corner, and Kings Cross is just over the road. It's a little out of my way now I live in Knightsbridge, but I still like it."

"Yes, it looks quite charming nonetheless." Selene watched the other guests, keeping her hands folded on the table. "I haven't been to a crowded city like London for such a long time without interruption like I did during the last few days. So far, I usually tried to avoid populated city centers. But this time it's different. Very interesting. It's a fascinating place."

"London is certainly all those things, but if you need some quiet there are some pockets where you can find peace or quiet. Or we could go to the zoo if you like while you're still there, we'll see if Rae wants to come as well."

"Ah, yes, I like zoos." Selene nodded, then glancing around again. She found that her appearance seemed to attract a lot less attention in this city than it tended to do elsewhere. "I would also like to see all the old buildings. And I've heard interesting things about the London Dungeon."

"The Dungeon is alright, I suppose, very touristy but it's still interesting. We could go and see the Tower of London as well, as it is walking distance to the Dungeons."

"That would be excellent. I definitely want to see the Tower. Oh, and maybe St Paul's Cathedral, if there's enough time." Selene nodded. "And yes, we can ask Rachel if she would like to come along. Thank you again for taking so much time to entertain us. I appreciate it. I hope that you have an enjoyable time, as well."

"No need to thank me, it's my pleasure," she smiled as their drinks and starter nibbles arrived, picking at some seaweed. "I am, it's nice to see people, before in the holidays, I wouldn't really get to see anyone apart from -" she broke off, sipping some water. "I'm glad you're having a good time."

Selene gave Lizzie a quick glance when she suddenly broke up, but decided to not pursue the matter further. "Yes, I have to say it is nice for me, too. Some time ago I was used to spend most of my time alone, but ever since coming to Xavier's school... I think I simply became accustomed to other peoples company." She frowned. "Is that seaweed? And it's edible?"

"That's one of the things about Xaviers, it makes you sociable," Lizzie winked, using a prawn cracker to scoop a little of the seaweed up. "Ih, yes. It's quite nice. Try some."

"I'm debating it, yes..." Selene frowned at the seaweed, then took a cracker and poked at it. Sociable, yes€.

"Sociable, yes. I guess I'm slowly learning how to do this. And I would gladly return the favour and invite you to stay at my home, but I guess my home equals Xavier's at the moment." She watched Lizzie out of the corner of her eyes. "So, you're enjoying your break, too, yes? You look happier than when I've last seen you." She ate the cracker, nodding in appreciation.

Nibbling on a mini spring roll, Lizzie shrugged. "I guess you can say so. I am happier, but sometimes I still find myself in a bad mood. Being kept company is helping a lot though, and I've had plenty of people to do that."

"That's good to hear." Selene scooped up some more of the seaweed with another cracker. "And only to be expected. That getting over your loss is going to take some time, I mean." She shrugged. "They say pain fades with time, and that a clear cut is often necessary to separate oneself from the baggage of the past. But let's speak of happier things."

She looked up. "Rachel told me that it's going to be your birthday soon, yes?"

She raised her head a little, watching for the food to arrive. "Yes, the 24th. I sort of know what's happening anyway, already. I'm not much interested in my birthday this year you see, so I'm not goign to make a fuss."

"Well, whatever you like best. I have never celebrated anyones birthday before anyone." Selene shrugged. "But if you would be okay with it, I would like to get a you small gift. Even though I won't be around on the 24th. I'm afraid I will already be on my way to Italy by then. As I've told you, Amara invited me to stay at her home for a while to see the city."

"I appreciate that you'd like to spend it with me, but I don't expect to be in a pretty celebratory mood this year. Next year will hopefully be different, though and you don't have to get me anything, there isn't anything I need..."

The main dishes arrived and she nodded her thanks before turning back to Selene. "Not that I'm not greatful for the offer and if you have an idea for a gift, I won't turn it down. I just don't really need any gifts..."

"Stop trying to talk me out of it. You gave me a gift with that pocket watch, so you'll get a gift in return." Selene looked over the dishes that arrived, trying to decide which one to try first. "And don't worry, it won't be anything big or extravagant. How does the saying go? It's the thought that counts? Yes, I think that's it. And this food smells delicious."

"If you insist, but you did need your pocketwatch," Lizzie smirked and picked up her chopsticks. "You get me whatever you feel best. Just...nothing living that I won't be able to bring back to school with me, alright?"

Selene smirked. "No, don't worry. It's a small trinket. Something nice, nothing fancy." She watched Lizzie pick up the chopsticks, then glanced at her own, then back at Lizzie. "I guess there's no way how I can try to do it like you without making myself look like a clumsy fool." She carefully picked up her chopsticks and tried to mimic Lizzie's movements. "Uhm... help? Please?"

Rolling her eyes with a laugh, she scooted aroind the table. "Alright, you take one, and hold it with your thumb and forfinger like so...Now just losely pinch the other on top and kind of flick it with your finger. Got it?"

"Yes, I think so." Selene moved her finger a few times as Lizzie had said, until she was sure that she had gotten then hang of it. "I never ate with sticks before. Thank you." Selene used them to scoop up some noodles and tried to look elegant while guiding them into her mouth. "Tastes delicious." She ate a bit more. "By the way, do you know this Amara girl?"

"It takes some getting used to, if you get too stuck just use the forks," pointing to a pot of plastic forks on the end of the table with her chopsticks, she picked up a prawn and chewed on it. "Amara? I don't know her that well, really, never had the call to hang around with her. She seems an alright person though. Why, don't you know her? You are going to her place!"

"I guess I'll keep the sticks now." Selene gave a shrug. "I do know her. She seems to be a very pleasant person. But that's why I'm asking. We don't know each other that well yet, so I was surprised to be spontaneously invited to the home of someone else. In fact, I'm surprised that people invite me to their places at all. Apart from you, of course."

"I wouldn't be too suprised, people enjoy your company, that's all," she gave Selene a smile, watching her struggle a little with her chopsticks. "I'd just enjoy it and see what happens, you'll get to know her properly, staying with her, so don't be too worried."

"Very well. Besides, I always wanted to see Italy. The old cities must be fascinating. The ancient ruins, as well." Selene managed to stuff a prawn into her mouth. "I guess it's just me who's not being entirely used to be that open and friendly with people yet. But I have to say, it's quite nice. After all, this entire trip is being paid for me, and Rahne even asked me to be her bridesmaid."

"Italy is lovely, I've been a couple of times..." she went a bit quiet and looked at her plate. "Oh, that's nice. I was a bridesmaid earlier this year for my brother...And, don;t worry, you'll get used to being open and all, you just need to give it time to get used to. Don't let people drag you out of yourself too much though, take it at your pace..."

"Yes, that's probably true." Selene thought that she was getting more skillful with the chopsticks and even balanced a piece of meat on them. "At times it seem to be too much. As if everyone and everything keeps on rushing in on me. I'm not used to be like this. And sometimes I get scared. That I might say too much again. Or the wrong thing. Or do something foolish."

"Well...Most people can feel like that from time to time. You just need to learn to keep your cool when it happens. If it does feel too much, you're perfectly entitled to draw back and have some alone time, no one can fault you for that, as we all need it, and if they do...They're not really that good a friend. You just need to get the balance right on it though, so you're not hding too much."

Selene nodded, chewing on her food. "Nevertheless, it sounds complicated. It was much easier before, when I had next to no social contact to anyone. Though, this was also a lot less interesting. Don't get me wrong. I do like being around other people. They are interesting, and now that I've learned some control over my abilities, it's much less unpleasant, as well."

"Exactly, it's a huge change for you, which is why you need time and understanding," daintily picking up some rice, she chewed slowly. "Yes, control over your powers will help a lot as well, I know that, and I'd always lived in an incredibly social situation, but ti was still hard for me, harder even, discovering my powers and being surrounded by so many people."

Selene nodded. "I know exactly what you mean, Lizzie." She was silent for a moment. "I was surrounded by other people most of my life. If I wanted to or not. My telepathy developed at a much younger age than the rest of my powers, so... it wasn't easy for me. All their thoughts in my head. What they were thinking. Especially about me. That's not pleasant. I was glad when I could get away from others."

"I wasn't young, well, not that young. I was thirteen, and developed it just when all the girls in my class in school were going through puberty. Now, if I could have gone home at night it maybe wouldn't have mattered, but I couldn't, I had to live with them, so it was very difficult, espeically as my manifestation was rather explosive."

"It was?" Selene put her chopsticks down for a moment. "Did anything bad happen, if I may ask?"

"Well, the netball we were using exploded and I passed out, then got beaten up a few hours later when I left the medical room," she replied nonchalontly, spearing a prawn.

"Oh," Selene commented, languidly chewing on some noodles. "I'm sorry to hear that." She paused, then shrugged. "Yes, that's in a certain way what happened to me, as well. Wherever I went, people didn't want to have me around them. I scared them."

"I scared my class, but, soon I was old news for the accident and they much preferred to gossip over the fact I'd turn up hungover in lessons. I didn have some friends, but no one close."

"Well, I didn't get to stay in one place for long, as far as I remember. My memory of this time of my life is extremely blurry." She frowned. "What I do remember though, is some of the thoughts I picked up. People were thinking bad things about me. Or thinking about what they'd like to do with him. I started to hate them all. But because I couldn't contain my thoughts, they knew that I did."

"So it only got worse and worse, wherever I went." Selene bit her lower lip and stared straight ahead. Her fist were slightly clenched. "In the end, all I wanted was to stay away from other people."

She looked up at Selene. "Do with him? And, I know what you mean. It was always easier to hear the negative thoughts over the good. The first thought I heard was from my PE teacher. She was..enjoying how badly behaved we were and wanted to punish us. She didn't stay at the school for much longer."

Reaching across the table, Lizzie patted the fist, watching Selene's face for it to relax. "I know...But it's alright now, and you can sheild which makes the world more bearable."

"What?" Selene glanced at Lizzie. "With him? Oh, no, with her? Or what they wanted to do with me? I... yes, that's it. They imagined what they wanted to do with me. Especially some of the men I met." She shook her head, tensing up visibly. "It's hard to remember. It's all a... vortex of memories, some my own, most of others, that are mixed up in my mind."

"But you're right. It's much better now." She showed Lizzie a small smile. "Shielding helps. I would have never imagines that i could sit in such a place and be around others and wouldn't mind it one bit. So, yes, maybe let's talk of more enjoyable things again."

"Ahh, I see. Yes, I can understand how that is myself..." she sighed a little.

"So, yes, lets talk of other things....Anything particular?"

"Hm, yes." Selene nodded, snatching some more noodles with her chopsticks. "I saw some beautiful clothes when I was wandering through Camden Market with Rachel the other day. I actually think that I will have to buy another suitcase to take all the clothes I'd like to buy with me."

"Well there's nothing wrong with that! It's a good place to buy clothes, as there're so many unique things to be had. But hold off buynig something, I might have some spare luggage at my brothers house. I have a lot of cases, all different sizes, for school, holidays, modelling trips, and I think I left some I dont use at his."

"Oh? Now, that would be most excellent if you could find something suitable." Selene showed Lizzie a small smile. "Perhaps something that I could also use to stow away some hats? I've seen some great hats the others day that I would really like to take along."

"I'm sure I have a case for hats lying around somewhere, or I'd be able to ask fran for one. She's bound to have one."

"Fantastic." Most of the bowls and plated of food were empty by then, and the waiter came over to politely clear their table. "So, how about some dessert? Or some coffee perhaps?"

"You can have coffee, I'm still not too keen on it, although Sebastian does keep on trying to turn me on to it. Dessert would be nice though."

"Very well." Selene ordered a large black coffee for herself and the dessert menu for Lizzie. "Sebastian? Ah, you mean Mr. Shaw, yes?"

"Yes, Mr Shaw," she played with one of her chopsticks, feeling a smirk spread over her face, hiding it with the menu when it came.

Selene frowned at Lizzie's odd reaction, until she finally pieced it together in her mind. Her eyebrows went up. "Ah, yes, I see. I should have guessed that there has to be a very concrete reason for your recently improved mood. And that you're smiling more often."

"Yeah, it's just my fucked silly face. It helps me forget, generally. And it gets me out more, as he likes me to go with him to the Hellfire Club. It looks good."

Folding up the menu she pushed it away. "'m not that hungry really..."

Selene shrugged. "You could just take a cup of tea instead," she suggested, shifting on her seat a little before she continued. "So, you're saying that you're basically... have pretty much only sex with him? To cheer you up?" Selene gave Lizzie a puzzled look.

Waving her hand off she nibbled a cracker. "I have plenty of tea at home, I'm fine with water for now. And I suppose...you could say that. He doesn't expect a relationship from me, and I don't expect one from him, but we're both benefitting from it anyway."

"Oh. Well, if you say so." Selene nodded slightly, not really knowing what she should say to this. "But if you're enjoying it, then it seem to be a good thing. Having fun, that is."

"Yes, well, it's a lot better than how I was when I first moved back here. Have you ordere everything you want? I'll get the bill," she gave a sublte signal and the waiter was over within the minute.

"Yes, I already ordered my coffee." Selene leaned forward and folded her hands on the table again. "And thank you for paying." She raised her hand and rested her chin on them. "You know, sometimes I think almost everyone around me is terribly obsessed with sex."

Pulling some notes out of her purse, she put them on the tray, along with a tip and laughed. "Well, as much as I do enjoy sex, I can actually live without it. I'm just not going to turn it down, especially not from one of the most elegible men in the world."

Selene merely shrugged on rolled her eyes, picking up her cup of coffee to take a sip after the waiter had brought it over to their table. "You are feeling better, so I'm not complaining."

Lizzie beamed widely. "Then that makes two of us."
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Starfish »

Selene: Selene hauled the two humongous shopping bags into the kitchen, but since they obstructed her view, let her run into the table and almost fall over it. Both bags tipped over and spilled a good portion of the assorted contents across the table. "Oh!" Selene scrambled around the table and tried to keep the stuff from rolling off onto the floor.

Selene: An egg escaped her grip and broke on the floor. Selene glared down at the offending splat. "Now, I wouldn't exactly call this a good start."

rachel: Rachel glanced up at the sounds coming from the kitchen and set her notebook and pencil aside, getting up to see what the noises were. As she entered the kitchen area, she raised an eyebrow at the contents of the bags scattered across the table...and apparently splattered on the floor. "You're back," she moved to help Selene gather the stuff back up, "So, what all did you get besides eggs?"

Selene: "Thank you, Rachel. Oh, I did many things. I looked up recipes for cakes and wrote the necessary ingredients on a note before I left." Selene made a face. "Unfortunately, I left it on the drawer in my room on my way out." She took a wet cloth and wiped the splattered egg away. "So, I just bought whatever I thought could possibly go in a cake. But that won't be a problem. We're just going to be creative."

rachel: "No problem," she shrugged. "Well, we could look at the recipe now and see if we have everything it needs. If we don't, maybe we can substitute whatever we need. And creative is good since...well, you've seen my cooking attempts..."

Selene: "Ah, yes, I think I have the recipe printed out." Selene glanced around, wearing an expression of obvious confusion. "Somewhere. But I'm a big friend of creative cooking anyway. And I think I'll remember the basic ingredients. I mean, there are eggs, there's flour, water, and... other things... like those lemons and cucumbers over here. I say we just get a few bowls and see what comes out of it, no?"

rachel: Rachel grinned and looked through the cabinets until she found the bowls, "Works for me. But, I think we should leave the cucumbers out. I can't imagine them being good in cake." She set the bowls on the counter, "Where do we start?"

Selene: "Oh. All right, no cucumbers then." Selene blinked at Rachel for a few seconds. "Perhaps we should take a look at that recipe, after all. But I guess we're starting with the dough." She started to rummage through the ingredients, setting some onions aside. "I remember Lizzie stating that she likes chocolate, so we should try to make a chocolate dough."

rachel: "Yeah, dough would be good since I guess we wouldn't have cake without it. And, chocolate is, like, the best thing ever," she nodded before thinking for a moment, "I wonder if we could make chocolate icing. What do you think? I could go get my laptop and look up how..."

Selene: "Chocolate ice? That sounds delicious. But wouldn't it melt too easily? Oh, no, wait, icing. Would that be something like molten chocolate that goes on top of the cake in the end?" Selene finished sorting things like flour, eggs and milk, plus several blocks of exquisite chocolate. "I think that would be a nice. Yes, but you should better look it up. I can start with the dough in the meantime."

rachel: "Yep, that's the stuff. It's kinda like hot fudge," she replied as she went to grab the laptop, coming back and setting it down while it booted up. She pulled her hair back and looked over the ingredients. "Well, hot fudge is better, but they're basically the same thing."

Selene: "Hm, fudge. Yes, sounds interesting." Selene nodded at Rachel. "I think I've seen a recipe for a fudge cake or something similar earlier. Basically, it had lots of butter, sugar, eggs and cocoa. It was a chocolate cake with white buttercream and several kinds of chocolate dough." She stepped over to Rachel. "Let's see if I can find it again."

rachel: "Sure," she pushed the laptop toward Selene. "That sounds really good though. I'm sure Liz'll love it." If it turned out edible anyway...

Selene: "I hope so." Selene searched through a few sites, until she eventually found the recipe. "There we go. Chocolate fudge cake. Seems like we need both dark chocolate cake dough and white buttercream with cocoa and then somehow mix it all together and make it look appealing. You could start with the cake dough, and I can try my hand at the chocolate buttercream."

Selene: "So, look like you'll need to get boiling water and mix it with some butter, the eggs, vanilla powder, cocoa lots of sugar and some flour. That should somehow produce cake." Selene gave a determined nod. "I'll get the other things ready. All that we need should be in one of those two bags."

rachel: Rachel looked over Selene's shoulder at the page before putting some water on to boil, "Okay, I think I can do that." She looked over the items for a moment and blinked. Right. Had to measure stuff out. She could do that...right? Well, she could try anyway. "So, now that we kinda know what we're doing, how's your summer been?"

Selene: "Very enjoyable, thus far." Selene grabbed a wooden board and started to unpack the chocolate. It would need cutting and melting. "I spent most of the time in Scotland with Rahne and Vic. Fascinating scenery, and a very relaxing countryside. London has been intriguing, as well. I try to see as much of the old city parts as possibly why I'm here. How was your summer so far?"

rachel: "I visited Ben in Boston for a while and went home. Cess and I hung out at my house and watched movies. Then, I went back to school to talk to Rogue, hang out with Josh, and get therapy. So, it's been pretty cool," she smiled.

Selene: "Ah, therapy. That's always delightful." Selene took out a large kitchen knife and started to hack away at the chocolate. Hackity hack, there goes the toe... hackity hack, and a pinky as well. She tossed the chipped chocolate in a bowl and looked at Rachel. "So, did it help you? Judging by that smile of yours, it did, yes?"

rachel: "Oh yeah, it's exciting." She worked on mixing the stuff together in the bowl with the hot water. "Well, it is helping. I haven't really done much yet. I've just talked to Dai about ways to deal with my nightmares, so I guess I'm getting there."

Selene: "Sounds like a good thing to me." Selene gave Rachel a nod before pouring the chocolate into a pot bit by bit, slowly melting it. Adding the other ingredients of the chocolate cream, she took it from the stove. "So far, so good. I've heard you're going to leave the same day as me? Will you go back to the school, or someplace else?"

rachel: Rachel found a spoon and started stirring the mixture, chewing on her lip, "Yeah, I am. I'm going back to the school. Josh's birthday is pretty soon after we get back, and I'd be coming back for the new semester anyway. Plus, home is too boring."

Selene: "Oh. I see." Selene stirred the mixture for a while. "Well, I guess in my case, the school equals home. But i won't return yet. This Amara girl invited me to come to her home in Italy, so I will do that. Italy is known for its fascinating cities, culture and history. It should be enjoyable." She took a look at the recipe, then at the pot. "It says that the cream has to cool off for a while."

Selene: "I'll just put in the fridge. We can make the dark and the white chocolate dough in the meantime." Selene rummaged through the bags again, finding more blocks of chocolate. "Hm, I found eggnog. We could add that one, too. And here's some sweet syrup, too."

rachel: "Italy would be cool, and Amara's okay," she grinned. Rachel finished stirring the dough she'd been working on, ready to go on to make the next kind. Her and Mara weren't on great terms since that fight, but they got along well enough, so it was all good. "Those should both be good. What should I do with the chocolate dough since it's finished? Just leave it til we finish the other ones?"

Selene: "Yes, I think it needs to settle, too." Selene nodded again. "When all the ingredients are ready, it has to cool off for a few hours before we can mix it together." She handed Rachel some of the chocolate. "It's basically the same as we did before, just so that we get different kinds of dough. Simply toss in everything that you think would taste good with white chocolate."

Selene: "And yes, I think Amara is quite pleasant company. She seems to be friendly." Selene frowned. "Even though I'm surprised that she invited me to her home already. After all, she barely knows me." She gave Rachel a questioning look. "Do you think there's a reason for me to distrust her?"

rachel: Rachel took the chocolate and started the same process she had with the other dough. She mulled the question over for a moment, "I dunno if I'm the best person to ask that, but I think she's okay. Pretty sure she won't do anything or something."

Selene: "Ah, good to hear." Selene tilted her head and proceeded to cut up some more chocolate, then melted it together with the rest of the ingredients to create more creamy dough. "I hope Lizzie will like this cake we're leaving her. It looks quite sweet though. But I also got her something else for her birthday the other day. Do you think she'll like a silver armband?"

rachel: She smiled and nodded, "Oh yeah, I'm sure she'll like it, along with the cake. I'm going to get her something when I get home and give it to her when she comes back to the school."

Selene: "Ah, yes, that's a good idea, too. I bought this armband in Camden Market the other day. It's silver with some small rubies. It should suit her well, methinks." Selene frowned. "I thought about leaving it her with a handwritten note."

rachel: "It sounds really nice. That works. Really, I'm just giving mine to her when she comes back to school is 'cause I already have half of what I'm going to give her. Just need to buy the other thing."

Selene: "Yes, I'm certain she'll appreciate it." Selene set the pot of creamy chocolate aside. "I guess now it is waiting time until the cream is thick enough so that we can assemble something cake-like. And possibly add one of those icings you suggested." She frowned, looking at all the pots filled with sweet cream. "And hope that Lizzie does not contract instantaneous diabetes when she tries it."

rachel: Rachel snickered as she finished her pot, "Guess so. We should probably wash some of the dishes we aren't using anymore, too. Less work later, and somehow we have to keep Lizzie from knowing..."

Selene: "Yes, that seems to be a good idea." Selene looked around, seeing that quite a bit of the cream had landed on the floor and the furniture because of their stirring. "It might also give away the surprise. But I guess it would have been a bigger surprise for Lizzie if we had burned down her kitchen, like I had initially feared we would."

rachel: "I think if we burned her kitchen down, she'd have a reason to use her pink mind knife of doom," she smirked, glancing around at the mess as she decided where to start. Rachel glanced at the clock to make sure they were good on time, too. It might be kinda bad if Liz walked in and there was cream everywhere. She grabbed a cloth and started wiping some off the surfaces.

Selene: "I would not like to have her angry at me. It's of her to let us stay at her place." Selene grabbed another cloth and wiped the table clean, then glanced at the clock, too. "We're going to have some time before we can continue with the cake. Do you have any time who we could possibly pass it?"

rachel: "Yeah, I really wouldn't want her to be angry at me either." Rachel chewed on her lip, trying to think of something, "Well, I'm sure Liz has some good movies or we could always go walk around...though that might result in us getting lost..."

Selene: "I'm all for getting lost. Life is most fascinating when you have no idea where you're headed." Selene smirked at Rachel. "Besides, we can watch movies back at school. So I'd vote for exploring London some more. How about Hyde Park? It shouldn't be that crowded over there. And besides, we still have our cell phones to call Lizzie for help."

rachel: Rachel grinned, "Sounds cool to me, and hopefully we can find our way back ourselves."

Selene: "If we won't, we can just go on. From my experience, it doesn't matter which way you're going. Go far enough, and you'll find something interesting."
Kieron Gillen