Summer 2010: Victor

Check out what goes on between semesters here!
Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator
Title: SCP-3068
Nightscrawlearth Character: :selene :mayhem :icarus :warren :sabretooth

Post by Scumfish »

The Night Before

-

Vic tapped the razor, grinning at the woman across from him in a way that could only be described as predatory. He put it down, picked up the metal tube and snorted the lines quickly and efficiently, closing his eyes as the burn started before starting on the next lot. There were cheers as he put the tube down, winking at the woman.

“And?”

The girl shook her head, laying three fifties on the table. “Never would have believed it, corporal. You took enough to OD there.”

Vic picked up the stack, rolling them and tucking them into a pocket with a grin. “Yeah well.” He tapped his nose, then sneezed, which made the small crowd laugh. “I’ve had practice.” He reached for his bottle of vodka and down a good part of that, too. “Alright, I won my bet, we good t’ go?”

”Fuck yeah. I wanna see you dance, blondie.” The woman got up and slinked over to him, straddling his lap and leaning down for a long, slow kiss that had the group hollering. Vic purred, sliding his hands up her body before breaking the kiss.

“Wan’ the reward before the show?” He smirked.

The woman was red-headed.

-

He’d been back in England for what, a day? Hard to get used to the cold climate after being baked by Afghanistan for months. Debriefing wouldn’t take place for another couple of days and he’d headed to the nearest pub to the base, determined to get blind drunk rather then think about what he was going to in America.

Funny, it was a small world. He’d met up with an old friend from his days on the run. She’d sat with him and they’d had a few drinks, caught up, the usual. Vic had found himself confiding in her about Rahne and she’d been a sympathetic ear. Among other things.

Ended up with him meeting a few of her friends and being invited to a rave. At first he wasn’t so sure, considering how much trouble drugs had gotten him into, but they’d been very…persuasive.

Heh.

So Vic now found himself in the back of a four-by truck, laughing hysterically at a barely-heard joke over the music as they passed a joint laced with God-only-knew-what back and forth. Crack, probably, knowing this lot. It was potent, enough to be felt by him of all people. Hah, if he’d thought about it he would have bought some stuff from the locals in Afghan and smuggled it over.

Why’d he say no to drugs again? Anything was better then dealing with the shit with Rahne.

He pushed away the sensible inner voice that told him that these were the things that caused half the problems in the first place, stealing the joint and taking a long drag.

He smelt the rave before they got to it, high adrenalin, burning rubber from the racers and heady sweat, climbing out of the truck and stumbling. Fuck, he’d had that much already? Healing wasn’t broken, was it? He tested it out with a claw, grinning as it healed. Nope. All good. Too numb to feel the pain and-

“Whoa. Hands off. I c’n walk.” He smirked at the girl as she pulled him to the rave, picking her up and slinging her across a shoulder as she let out a shriek of laughter.

This was the life – he took the offered poppers and cracked them straight away, heading straight into the knot of people right by the speakers, putting the girl on her feet where she promptly ground against him-

Yeah, this was the life.

The rave lasted hours, breaking apart well into the early hours but they didn’t want to go home, not with fresh coke in their systems, more drugs in the truck and a town to trash. There were bars, clubs, dances, one after the other, a back alley that was handy and hid them from view when she got him a little too hot. More drink, more drugs, he lost track of what he was taking and how much – chasing the dragon? Why not, though that made him think of Dai which made him laugh hysterically and then cry. It passed quickly though, the pain forgotten with the next joint and the next quick fuck in someone’s garden.

The whole night passed in flashes, sliding from one song to another to him in bed, the girl on top him, undressing her. How’d he get here? Didn’t care, too high, too drunk, what had he taken? Where had he gone?

He was going to regret this, but regrets were best left for the morning after. Right now he had a girl in his arms, hot, willing and just enough to lessen the gnawing terror behind the drugs.

The nights before were always fun.

[Edited on 15-10-2008 by Scumfish]
Those who know, don't say; those who don't, say too much.

Aodhfionn 'Fianna' MacDuibh's Character Blog (for Nightscrawler's RPG)

My (NSFW) Art/General Blog || My Trans Blog || My (SFW-ish) Art
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

Post by Esynthia »

.........BAD VIC! BAD!

on the other hand, REALLY well written, scummable. as always :D
ImageImage

Remy: he feels lust for everyone
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Originally posted by Esynthia
.........BAD VIC! BAD!

on the other hand, REALLY well written, scummable. as always :D
I'll just second that - well done, but... doesn't he ever learn?

:P
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

:o

:shifty such a tomcat.

Now just to wait for another phonecall from a pregnant woman :cracked
puppygirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pigeon Fancier
Nightscrawlearth Character: :blink :warlock :morph :deadgirl

Post by puppygirl »

Tsk, tsk Vic, just you wait till you get your phone call in the morning :eeevil

Awesomely written Scummy, very much so *hugs*
Image NightscrawlearthImage

Pup's Blog -- Pup's Tumblr
"Why can’t people appreciate how much effort I put in to not becoming a serial killer?"
Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator

The Morning After

Post by Scumfish »

Vic nuzzled into the warm softness that was in his arms, eyes closed and still in that in-between of awake and asleep. A warm sort of fuzziness wrapped around him, actually making him purr.

He was awake enough to know that the girl in his arms wasn’t Rahne – the scent was totally different – but it made all the difference to not waking up alone.

His eyes opened as the girl rolled over in his arms, smiling at him. He smirked back.

“Good night last night.” She murmured.

“Mmm.” Vic sighed, closing his eyes. “What I c’n remember of it…” He frowned. He couldn’t remember it. Oh damn. He hadn’t got that wrecked for a very, very long time. “Hah. How many got arrested?”

The girl giggled. “Only a couple. You actually stayed out of trouble, Creed.”

“Maybe. My CO’s gonna have my skin tha’ I didn’ come back on base las’ night though.” Vic rubbed his face. What had he taken? He didn’t get the comedowns any more to work out what, though memories did resurface a couple of times.

Shit. He’d taken smack. He’d actually…holy shit.

…How could he be so stupid. He was meant to be going to America to be a father and he was doing what?

“Vic?” Soothing hands on his chest brought him back and he looked at the girl. Red-headed girl. Oh for- he hated his subconscious. “You alright?”

”Yeeaaah.” Vic let the word out as a long sigh between his fangs. “Jus’…shouldn’ta done that las’ night.”

“What?”

“Not y’, darlin’, you know tha’.” Vic pushed himself up, yawning. “Jus’ considerin’ where I’m goin’ that was probably not a brigh’ idea-”

He was cut off by his phone going off. Grumbling to himself, Vic leant across and grabbed his coat, rifling through it to pull his phone out. He saw the number and groaned.

“Oh fuck.” He flipped the phone open and winced. “Mornin’, Sarge.”

“Why are you not in base, Corporal?”

“Was off-duty, sir.” Vic rolled his eyes at the girl, who smiled and went to make him a coffee. “Met up with some frien’s.”

“Hmph. We’ve been trying to find you, Corporal Creed. You’ve received a phonecall from America.”

Vic’s heart suddenly jumped to his throat and an icy chill crept down his spine. “Who fr’m?”

“From something called Xavier’s.” The sergeant sounded a little irritated. “Regarding a Miss Rahne Sinclair. Ring any bells?”

“Oh shit.” Vic closed his eyes, all sorts of possibilities going through his head. “What’s happened?”

“You sitting down, son?”

“Yeah.”

“Seems your kid was born yesterday, Creed. Seven weeks premature. She’s in good health, doing well from what the doctor said at the other end. Congratulations, son. You’re a father.”

Vic just sat in stunned silence for a second, staring at a piece of flaking plaster on the wall. “Wh-what?”

“A girl, Corporal. Miss Sinclair’s had a little girl. We want you back on base by this afternoon for debrief – sober, Creed – and then you’re free to go. See you by thirteen hundred.”

“Yessir.” Vic put the phone down, staring at the wall blankly as the girl came back in, two coffees going onto the locker.

“Vic?”

“God.” Vic said quietly. “Oh God…”

“Vic, what’s wrong? You haven’t had your lave cancelled, have you? There’s a party toni-”

“I won’ be going.” Vic’s voice was dead-pan, eyes still fixed on the wall. He felt a hand and shrugged it off. “I…I gotta head back to base. Got…oh shit. Plane tickets. Fuck.”

“Vic- what the hell’s happened?” The girl sounded hurt.

“I’m a dad.” Vic said simply. Then he put his head in his hands and started to sob. “Oh god…she’s had a little girl…”

And where was he when what was probably his daughter was born?

Off his face on every drug he could lay his hands on.

Nice going, Creed.

steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by steyn »

Hee!
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Esynthia »

awww :( not sure whether to smack him or hug him. either way, damn that sucks :(
ImageImage

puppygirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by puppygirl »

:shakeno Silly boy, that'll teach you won't it? Very touching scummy, poor silly Vic *pets*

"Why can’t people appreciate how much effort I put in to not becoming a serial killer?"
Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator

Homecoming

Post by Scumfish »

Victor: Vic yawned, rubbing his eyes as he signed a form before sliding it back over, picking up his hat. The woman nodded, saluting him, and he returned it before putting the hat back on and smoothing down his smart blues. He hadn't slept since he'd got the phonecall two days ago.

Victor: Moving over to the luggage pickup, he waited for the two duffel bags and then slung one over his back, carrying the other. Only one was full of clothes - and a spare uniform - the other was full of....well. Baby stuff. And things his Mama had told him to give to Rahne on pain of death.

Victor: Coffee. He needed coffee. And he needed it now, whether Anna was here or not. He made a beeline for the nearest Starbucks.

Rogue: Rogue pulled out her phone for the time just as the person ahead of her moved away from the counter. He should be here soon, but there was enough time for her to sit for a couple minutes. She passed over the magazine she wanted to buy and ordered a coffee for herself. She'd get Vic one when he got in if he wanted it. These little magazine stand type places were good about having more than just magazines for sure.

Rogue: They passed over her coffee and she slid the money over the counter before moving to grab a small table, propping her feet on the opposite chair as she flipped to the article she bought the magazine for.

Victor: Vic yawned again as he headed for the counter and then paused, smiling as he caught a very familiar scent, looking around. There she was, nose in the magazine. Coffee could wait for a few minutes. Probably. " 'Ello Anna." He grinned down at her tiredly, plonking a bag beside her with a sigh.

Rogue: Rogue was only a bit startled by the deep voice, but she looked up and gave him a broad smile. "Hey, sugah!" She put the magazine down and stood up to hug him gently around the waist. "Flight ok? Ya look nice an' like shit at tha same time," she pulled back to smile at him again, "Ah'll never know how ya pull it off. Want coffee?"

Victor: "God yes." Vic gave her a one-armed hug back. "Y' wanna know how? Coffee. Proper, black, sweet Arabic coffee. Can' get the shit over here." He let go of her, pulling the hat off with a sigh and running a hand over his ponytail. "Mind ya, tha' migh' not be helpin' the sleep, or would be if I didn' heal, an' shit, you know I'm tired because I'm talkin' total bollocks." He ended that with another yawn.

Rogue: Rogue laughed and gave him a gentle shove towards the spare chair, passing her coffee to him. "Feel tha same 'bout chicory. Remy's spoiled me." She sat down and looked him over for a few minutes, "How ya doin'? 'Sides not sleepin'..."

Victor: Vic sighed, sitting down and putting the hat on the table and closing his eyes, leaning back. "How do I feel. Well, I'm a father." He opened them, taking a gulp of coffee. "How do I feel? I...." He shrugged. "Not a fucking clue." He wouldn't meet Anna's eyes. No need to tell her.

Rogue: She sighed and leaned over, putting his bag on the other side of her chair so she could scoot her chair closer to him. Rogue looped a loose arm around his shoulders and gave the one closest to her a small kiss. "Yeah. Yeah, Ah can get that. Got any ideas yet f' when we get home? Or would ya rather Ah just shush an' let ya stew f' a bit?"

Victor: Vic let out an explosive breath. "Stew. I really don' know...." He shook his head. "It's all fucked up, an' somehow I gotta make it right but....that can wait." He pulled out his sleeves. The dress uniform was uncomfortable but expected. "Anythin' I missed? School blown up?"

Rogue: "Heh, no. Not yet... Not missed much. Ah think Ah've kept ya pretty up ta date on Myspace... Ya know Bobby an' Lorna got married back in April, um..." Rogue frowned and stole the coffee for a drink as she thought, "Nothin' Ah can think of, sugah. Car's lookin' pretty good."

Victor: "Heh. Good." Vic pulled a face at the mention of the wedding. "Good for them." He couldn't help the slightly dead tone. He was meant to be married by now. "How's....how's Rahne dealin'?"

Rogue: Rogue chewed her lip and looked away from him, "Ah wish Ah knew, sugah. Ah ain't seen her. Remy says she's alright... But he didn't offer more'n that an' Ah didn't ask... When we get back, Ah can take ya stuff ta ya room if ya wanna head down ta see her first thing."

Victor: Vic shook his head slowly. "No....I'll get settled firs'." He downed the rest of the coffee. "How's Remy?" He looked at the empty cup, before putting it down. He needed more coffee. Or sleep. God, he should have slept on the plane but he was too tense....

Rogue: "He's doin' ok." She looked back at him, "Remy always does ok." Rogue picked up the cup and went to toss it in a nearby can. "Ya want more? Ya know, we can take as long as ya need ta get home. Ah can drive five miles an hour on tha highway if ya want. Ain't nothin' that says ya gotta head there just yet. It's a lot ta swallow. But ya should probably do it sooner rather'n later, if ya want mah opinion... Puttin' it off too long might make it harder."

Victor: "I know." Vic sighed. "I jus'....I don'....I can' handle this. Not yet. i though' i still had a month'r so t' let it sink in." He felt the guilt from the rave well up and resolutely pushed it down. "I don' think it'll get any harder'n it is right now."

Rogue: "Ah know it, sugah. Ah know it." She moved up behind him and leaned over, resting her chin on his shoulder as she hugged him. "They told ya it's a gal yet? L'il baby girl. Remy says she's precious. Well, ok, he didn't say precious.." she chuckled lightly, "Cain't imagine him ever usin' that word."

Victor: "Yeah, yeah. They told me." Was in bed wit' another fuckin' woman when they did. Vic was grateful for the hug. "Makes it worse, but then what'd make this better? C'mon. Let's go find yer car 'fore I start cryin' in the airport, eh?"

Rogue: "How in tha world does it make it worse? Didn't ya want a girl?" She picked up her magazine and his bag in one hand, slipping her arm around his waist as he stood with his other bag. "Yeah, didn't figure y'all'd ride bitch on mah bike," she winked at him.

Victor: "I ride bitch for no one." Vic smiled tiredly. "And I wanted one. Badly. Wit' Rahne. That's what makes it worse." He bit a lip, wiping his eyes briefly and swallowing the lump, hiding his expression by putting his cap back on. "Fuckin' drugs." He muttered.

Rogue: Rogue's step faltered a bit as she heard him, but didn't say anything about it yet. "Ah can get that a bit, Ah guess. But ya still got what ya wanted, even if it wasn't how ya wanted it... So there's a silver linin' in there." She detatched herself from him so she could dig in her pocket for the keys once they got to the lot. She popped the trunk and put his bag inside, frowning as she heard a squeak, then looking up at him with an amused smile.

Victor: Vic shrugged, tossing the other bag in the boot too. "I guess." He took off the hat and opened the passenger door. Too tired to drive anyway. "Yeah, one of those bags is shit-stuffed with kid stuff." He came back round, opened the bag and pulled out a well-chewed, almost thread-bare giant rat whose face and tail were scarred with sewn-up rips. "This....is Mouthy." He smiled a little, doing up the bag again.

Victor: He squeezed it a little. "Was mine. Gonna give it to th' kid, if Rahne lets me."

Rogue: Rogue smiled at him and reached up to tuck a strand of his hair behind his ear, "That's real sweet, Vickerz. Ah'm sure she'll let ya. It's cute." She reached down to touch its head gently, "Looks loved f' sure. Ah'm sure ya baby'll love it too." She gave him a tighter hug and rubbed his back a little before pulling back, "C'mon, let's get home, huh?"

Victor: Vic resisted the jerk back at the hand. "Yeah." He tried a smile. "Think I migh' go see her straigh' after." He looked down at the rat and then got into the car. What a homecoming.

Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Scumfish »

Victor: Vic was walking slowly, Mouthy still in his hand and still in his RAF blues, tail whipping in agitation. He'd helped Anna with his bags to his room and then had come straight down to the infirmary before he chickened out.

Victor: At least....that was the idea....but his steps were slowing even more. Rahne was going to be there. What did he say? What right did he have to say anything? He stopped, leaning back against a wall and pulling off his hat, wiping his suddenly damp eyes. The girl....she'd looked so tiny in Rahne's myspace photo. What did he do? Nothing, nothing could have prepared him for this.

Remy: Remy stopped as he came down the hall, a small cooler in hand, filled with treats from Tante. He'd promised Rahne that he'd be back to help, but it looked like she was gonna get help from another source, which was good. Vic needed to meet her. Clearing his throat, he smiled lightly at Vic as his eyes jerked back to him. "Hey."

Victor: Vic hurridly pulled himself up straight, putting his hat back on and forcing out a smile, concentrating on sorting his sleeves. "Heya, mate." He cleared his throat. "Everythin' alrigh'?" He finally looked up at Remy when he was sure everything was okay.

Remy: "Was gonna ask y' d' same thing." He shrugged. "Guess everythin' went pretty good considerin'. We were hopin' she wouldn't give birth dis early, but..." He shrugged. "So y' jus' get in?"

Victor: "Yeah. Literally abou' ten minutes ago." Vic shifted, tail flicking. "How- how are they?"

Remy: "Well...d' baby's small. She's doin' pretty good for a premie, but she's still gotta get help, y' know? She can't keep her body temperature up or nothin' on her own yet. But she's fiesty." His eyes rolled a bit and he grinned. "Jus' like her maman. An' speakin' of which, y' know how pissed Rahne is at y', oui?"

Victor: "I have an idea, yes." Vic looked down. "I deserve it." He tried another smile. "Good t' hear the girl's doin' good." He breathed out. "Jesus."

Remy: He remembered being in this pinch. "Yeah, not a lot of fun is it? I mean...it's jus' a whole pile of overwelmin'." He studied Vic for a moment. "Y' know...whatever happens she's got a place wit' me, oui? She's been recoverin' better since she found out she was pregnant. Cussin' an' rude as hell sometimes, but she's still come far an' done a lotta work."

Victor: "Recoverin'...?" Vic looked hard at Remy. "Recoverin' from what?" He swallowed. "Thanks, Rem. I jus'....fuck. Should have a place wit' me."

Remy: "What d' y' mean 'from what'?" He was a bit irritated at this. He'd warned Vic, damnit. "From d' drugs." Biting his tongue on the rest he waved a hand at the room they were in. "What did y' think? Didn't she tell y' anythin' about what she an' d' baby are likely t' go through wit' it?"

Remy: "An' as for a place wit' y'...I dunno. Would be better in ways, oui, but where Vic? Y' gonna quit d' army? An' don' forget she's kinda wantin' y're balls on a platter right about now."

Victor: Vic growled. "Remy. I was supposed to fuckin' marry her. I was supposed t' be fuckin' there. I know. I. Do not. Need to be fuckin' told. How much of a fuckin' mistake I made." He closed his eyes, struggling hard not to lose it. "Don't. Alrigh'?" He let out a small sob before he caught it, leaning against a wall. "God. I can't do this. I can't."

Remy: Well, damn. He set the container down and stepped nearer to Vic. "Y're gonna have t' face y're mistakes. Dere's no undoin' dem. Jus' like Rahne has t' face hers. But y' will get through dis - hell, I'm walkin' proof." He hesitated for a minute and touched Vic's shoulder. "Y' know...Rahne thinks y' hate her."

Victor: "God no." Vic took off his hat and wiped his eyes. "No, I don'." Not gonna cry, not in fronta Rem, can't do this. Gotta do this. He shook his head, a tear escaping. "Shit. Look at me. I'm a fuckin' mess. I can' do anythin' for either of 'em."

Remy: "Well...it's a lot t' take in. An' she's...well, she's beautiful, but she's gonna have some problems for d' next bit. So I can understand dat dis is a lot. But Vic, y' have t'. Y' don' got a choice. Y're d' papa."

Remy: "An' y' know...through all dis, I'm here t' help y' both. It's been...good for me too - t' have Rahne an' d' baby." His mouth quirked up to the side. "Johnny's excited as hell. Wants t' meet her - but she's jus' too little yet."

Victor: Vic put his hat back on and wordlessly squeezed Remy's shoulder. "I know. I-I gotta." He pushed himself off the wall. "Y' know, I'd leave th' RAF if I could. F' her. If she asked." He drew in a breath. "Rahne alone in there?"

Remy: "Well her an' d' baby." He gave Vic a quick hug. "Y' want t' go in an' take d' food as an offerin'? Works well wit' moody women, trust me. At least y' can use it t' protect y're more delicate areas."

Victor: Vic gave him a one-armed hug. "Actually....can y'....I can't go in there alone, Rem. Please?" He looked down at the Mouthy that could only be described as 'well-loved'. "Already got a peace offerin'."

Remy: "Yeah, no problem." He plucked up the container and knocked quietly on the door, not giving Vic much chance to double think it. "Rahne?" He peeped in. Ah, she was asleep.

Victor: Vic looked over Remy's head, letting out the breath he didn't know he was holding, not sure if he should feel relieved that she was asleep. "Should I come back later?"

Remy: He gave a quiet but firm snort. "Non. Get y're tail in here." Setting the food down on a table he crossed the room to check on the baby. Vic was still lingering in the doorway and he gave him a jerk of his head. "C'mon. Y' ain't got nothin' to loose an' a whole bunch t' gain."

Victor: Vic edged in, taking his hat off and looking at Rahne. She'd....she'd changed but....he had to look away. Last time he'd seen her was the night he'd legged it. Quietly putting the hat and Mouthy on a table, he looked at the box with the baby in. "That....that her?" Not that he needed to ask.

Remy: He reached a hand out and drug Vic the last few steps over to the incubator. "D' one an' only." Beside Vic's tall frame she looked even more minute, almost unreal. She stretched in her sleep, mouth making sucking movements. "She's amazin', neh?"

Victor: Vic just stared down at her. He could see Rahne so strongly in her. "She's....tiny...." He almost whispered, putting a hand on the side of the incubator. He could probably hold her in one hand. "She's...." Mine. He hesitated and looked at his hand. "I'd break her." Mine.

Remy: "Ah, no y' won't. She's tougher dan she looks. An' I know y' can be gentle." His eyes slid up to Vic and he smiled. "An' she'll grow." Patting Vic on the back he grinned. "I see lots of poop in y're future. Rahne's so sore, it's easier for someone else t' change her."

Victor: "Yeah...." Vic wasn't listening, just watching the tiny baby in the incubator. Without even thinking about it, he reached in and stroked the back of a finger over her stomach, claws automatically sliding in totally. She smelt like his. He didn't need a DNA test. This was his daughter. It hit him, then. "My girl." He didn't realise until a tear hit the back of his hand that he was crying.

Rahne: Rahne frowned in her sleep and rolled over in her bed, making small snuffling noises as she did so ... she was sure she could smell him ... but maybe it was just a dream.

Rahne: Blinked her eyes open there was something on the table next to her, she rubbed her eyes to clear them and frowned in confusion, a military cap and a ... toy mouse thing? And the both smelt off ... she sat up and looked over at the incubator and at the backs of the two men standing next to it .... Vic was here. She chewed her lip, scared to let them know she was awake ... OhGodohGodhe'sherewhat'mIgonnado? ... he was crying, she could smell it ... oh fuck ...

Remy: He heard a rustle of sheets behind him and turned, seeing Rahne looking frozen. Leaving Vic to stare in at his child like a kid with his nose pressed to the candy store window he crossed to her side. "Brought y' some food. Y' get a good rest?"

Victor: Vic was aware of Remy talking. Rahne must be awake, but he couldn't take his eyes off the girl, wiping his eyes and trying hard not to cry. The hand gently stroking the baby was shaking slightly.

Rahne: "... Yeah, I'm okay ..." Rahne said, not taking her eyes off Vic ... he hadn't even looked at her! "You just gonna ignore me then Creed!?" she snapped, finding security in the old anger.

Remy: Well shit. He brushed a hand down her back quickly, trying to reassure her a bit.

Victor: Vic almost jumped. "No." He took a deep breath, closing his eyes and wiping them again. C'mon, Creed. Y've faced worse. He reluctantly turned from the incubator and looked at Rahne. "Hello, Rahne."

Rahne: Rahne took a deep breath herself, "Long time no see," okay ... she had to stay calm for the baby's sake, they had to do this for the baby's sake ...

Victor: "Yeah." Vic couldn't hold her gaze for long. She was trying, but he could smell the anger. He glanced at the baby behind him and took another shuddering breath. "I brought a loada clothes an'....an' toys..." He gestured lamely at the rat beside his cap.

Remy: He gave a smile to the pair of them. At least she wasn't eating him. "Remember t' eat somethin'. Dere's plenty for two. I'll be back in a bit. An' no overdoin' things, chere, y' need y're rest." He gave Rahne an absent kiss on her forehead and nodded and smiled at Vic.

Victor: Vic didn't miss the kiss. That and what Remy had said earlier....things clicked and he didn't like how they were connecting, but he didn't comment, just dropped his gaze. Like he had any fucking right to. If Remy could make her happy....well.

Rahne: "Thanks Rem, i'll do my best ..." she looked back at Vic as he left, hessitanting about what she should say ... and settled for the phrase that had served women well down the ages, "Well?"

Victor: Vic felt the panic spike as Remy left but pushed it down, eyes going back up to Rahne. The patented 'well what?' died in his throat when he remembered what was behind him. "What do ya wanna know?" He settled for instead, putting his hands in his pockets. He was feeling so much that....he just went numb.

Rahne: "I just ... I wanna know why this happened, what your excuse is." Rahne said, trying to keep her voice level and quiet so as not to wake the baby.

Victor: "Excuse." Vic walked over. "Mind if I sit? My plane got in abou' an hour ago an' I ain' slept since...." He looked over to the incubator before sitting in a chair without waiting for Rahne's permission, though staying a good distance from the bed. "My excuse....too many drugs. Addiction, Rogue doin' what she did, an' feelin' like I was worthless I guess abou' sums it up."

Rahne: Rahne shook her head, "That's not a reason for why you left! Why would that make you leave me, we were going to get married, why couldn't you have just satyed with me and we could have sorted it, what the fuck had i done to make you leave!?" She demanded, trying hard not to start crying again.

Victor: Vic swallowed. "Y' didn' do anythin'." He said quietly. "There wasn' anythin' y' could do. Rahne, y' were the one that held me t'gether fer as long as...." He looked away, covering his eyes with his hand. "I was stupid. I though' I could take it, tha' I wouldn' get addicted....I made one fucker of a mistake an'....god...." His voice shook as tears slipped down his face. "Nothin' was y're fault."

Rahne: "Why the hell are you crying?" Rahne wiped her face quickly with her hand, "If anyone should be crying it's me, I ... I thought you loved me!" She wiped her face again, all of the hurt and anger and betrayal spewing out of her now that she was faced with him.

Victor: "Why'm I cryin'?" Vic wiped his face. "Th' reason's lyin' in tha' incubator. Because I fucked up. I did love y'. I still fuckin' do love y'. That's why I left. Wasn' good enough fer ya then an' I sure as hell ain' now."

Victor: He looked up at Rahne then. "Look what I was doin' t' ya. I let y' do cocaine, Rahne. I was takin' ya down a road I promised mysel' I wouldn' let ya go down. Remy was righ'. What was I gonna do next? Give ya pills?" He sucked in a breath. "Everythin' I ever wanted." He said bitterly. "Righ' here, in this room. Only I fucked it. All of it." He leant forward, head in hands as he tried hard to hold in the sobs.

Rahne: "Stop fucking emoing, it doesn't suit you!" Rahne sighed and rubbed her face, taking some deep breaths to try and steady herself and to stop herself from crying, and almost on que from the tiny box a piercing wail emitted, they'd managed to waken the baby, "Oh for fuck's sake ... great," She pulled back the cover and stood up carefully, making her way slowly to the incubator, "Fine fucking lot we are all bawling like this ..."

Victor: Vic wiped his face, sitting back and closing his eyes. "Wouldn' say I was emoin'." He said blankly. He watched Rahne walk to the incubator, so many emotions going through him that he could barely breathe, just watching what should have been his wife going to comfort his daughter. "Maybe we shoul' talk abou' this some other time." He sat forward, pulling off the dress uniform's jacket and hanging it on the back of his chair.

Victor: "Got more importan' shit to sort, eh?" He pulled off his tie too, then picked up the toy rat, playing with it distractedly. "Like I said....I bought a loada stuff wit' me." He looked into the face of Mouthy. "An' I'll get ya anythin' you need. Anythin'. All y' hafta do is say th' word." His voice was almost blank, the tiniest shake the only show of emotion.

Rahne: Rahne put on one of the baby handling gloves and poked her hand through the incubator, stroking the baby to shush her, he was right ... they both were, needed to focus on the baby, she was the important thing here, "Remy's got a bunch of stuff from ... you know ... that he said I could have," Rahne said, her voice a little strained and shakey, "you'll have to figure it out with him, where are you gonna be staying?"

Victor: "School. I wanna be as close as I can." Vic shrugged. "Remy lookin' after ya alrigh' then? An'....this is your girl too, Rahne. Y've got some say." Remy would make a better dad then him anyway. He was a soldier for one and a bastard for another. "I said I wanted t' be involved, as much as y'll let me. It's up t' ya."

Rahne: "Yeah well ... despite what everyone seems to think I'm not so much of a spitefull bitch to keep you from her ... that's if she is yours of course, MacCoy said he can do the test for us when you're ready." That's it ... keep on track, keep to buisness and she didn't have to think about just how confused and angry and hurt and relieved she was at seeing him again.

Victor: "She's mine." There was no uncertainty in Vic's voice. "Trus' me on that." He stared at the rat. "I'll do the tes' but it'll only tell ya what I know." He got up and hesitated, before moving to stand the other side of the incubator - not too close. "She's beautiful, Rahne." He said softly. "So tiny....I didn' expect her t' be so small...." He looked down at the rat. "It's almos' bigger'n her."

Rahne: "That nose of yours eh?" The baby screamed some more, high enough to melt earwax and Rahne grimanced, "Normally she just likes being petted, maybe she wants to be held?" She bit her lip, Remy would know, where was he? She looked around, he'd probably gone back home ... coward.

Rahne: Rahne sighed and opened the top of the incubator, picking up the baby's blanket and wrapping her in it before holding her close and jogging her gently, "What is that anyway?" she asked, nodding towards the toy in Vic's hand.

Victor: "Yeah. My nose." Vic swallowed, looking away. "This? It's....one of my old toys, actually. Mama foun' it an' never got rid of it an'....figured she'd like it...." He trailed off. Why the hell would Rahne want him to give her this? "It's called Mousey....only I used t' have a lisp so it was 'Mouthy' an' it stuck....it's safe, Mama checked it over." It had so many repairs in it the original face wasn't recognisable.

Victor: "Didn' used t' have as good control over my claws an'....well, I chewed it a bit too." Vic shrugged. "It jus'....I though'....y' know."

Rahne: The little girl had quieted down some but was still grumbling and distinctly unhappy, "Mouthy?" She gave a shrug, "Well she's got one of my old bears in there so I don't see any reason why not .. oh will you please be quiet!?" Her attention turned back to the baby, "You can't be hungry and you havn't shit yourself so what's the problem? You normally hate being handled unless there's a bottle in it for you."

Victor: Vic took that as acceptance and put the toy rat into the box. "...Can I hold her?" He asked quietly, almost shyly, not looking at Rahne. "Remy's righ', y' should be restin'."

Rahne: Rahne instinctivly gripped the baby tight for a couple of seconds before shrugging, "If you can get her to be quiet, be my guest," she said, feigning indifference. She hessitated for a couple of seconds before holding out the baby to Vic, "Don't drop her, okay? Be careful." A slight note of worry comming through her abrupt manner.

Victor: Vic looked up at Rahne, showing her that the claws were pulled in far enough to ache before taking the girl gently, carefully holding her close to his chest and looking down at her, tiny in his arms. She looked like all he needed to do was touch her and she'd shatter. "Hey there." He purred down at her. Something heavy seemed to shft from his stomach to his heart and he felt a huge well of possessiveness rise up. Mine.

Victor: The girl hiccuped, tiny arms moving in the blankets as her grumbles quietened to burbles. Vic stroked a finger over her cheek. "Y're so perfect...." He said quietly.

Rahne: Rahne felt a sudden wave of jelousy rise up her throat at seeing just how naturally Vic held the baby, and how happy she seemed in his arms, and she stalked back over to her bed and sat down on it, "She needs a name," she said bluntly, "I figured I should wait till you got here before I decided anything." One hand grabbed the blanket and scrunched it up in a fist anxciously.

Victor: Vic's eyes snapped to Rahne's at the sudden shift in scent, frowning in confusion before looking down at his tiny daughter. "Yeah....she does." He sighed. "Y' got any ideas, then? I....I haven' really thought abou' names....at all, ya know?" Last name would probably be Sinclair. Rahne wouldn't want his any where near it. The little girl yawned, and he couldn't help the smile as she snuggled into him.

Victor: "Well, y' got me roun' yer little finger, ain'tcha?" He swallowed, eyes misting again. God, how many times was he meant to cry today? He swallowed them down.

Rahne: "Well ... I've only thought of one name ... Marie, I think it suits her and i'll keep mam happy, you know the whole scary christian thing about having some form of 'Mary' in the first daughter's name ..." she left off pawing at the blanket and scratched her wrist, "what do you think?"

Victor: "Marie?" Vic looked up at Rahne and then at the little girl as she squinted up at him blearily. "Are y' a Marie, kid?" He smiled. "I like it. She does look like she'd suit it. Marie Sinclair...." He grit his teeth slightly, the girl squirming slightly.

Rahne: Rahne moved to scratch the back of her neck, "Umm ... acctually I was thinking about that and ... well, you know how my middle name's the scottish spelling of Marie? Well ... umm ... since we're both pretty sure she's yours I thought maybe for a middle name 'Jamie'? And we could double-barrel for her last name?" She said slightly sheepishly, she didn't want to dick around when it came to her own daughter's name after all ... that wasn't the sort of th

Rahne: She said slightly sheepishly, she didn't want to dick around when it came to her own daughter's name after all ... that wasn't the sort of thing you should be petty over.

Victor: Vic looked at Rahne in surprise. "Y-y' want....my name?" He swallowed. "I....yeah. Yeah....that soun's good...." He looked down at the little girl. "Rahne, I....I mean....thank y' for lettin' me...." He couldn't finish.

Rahne: "No need to thank me ... if I didn't let you, you'd only make me after all ... so I guess we'd better sort out all the offical crap that goes with birth, Marie Jamie ... Creed-Sinclair, yeah, that sounds better then the other way around, that' her name then?" Rahne said buisness-like, trying not to let the sight and scent of Vic about to start crying again get to her.

Victor: "I wouldn'." Vic said quietly. "It's y're choice." He swallowed. "Yeah....if that's what y' want." His tail whipped then curled as he tried to keep his voice steady. He'd been hit point-blank with machine-gun fire. Why was holding a baby so hard? "Jus' tell me where I need t' sign."

Rahne: "You know, if you wanna be her father you can't be such a bloody pussy, it's about what you want too, it's half your fault you know, and you can't exactly just 'yes dear' me, do you like the name or not." Rahne said pissily.

Victor: "Half my fault? So she's a fuckin' liability now?" Vic snapped back, before closing his eyes. "Yes, I like th' name." He sucked in a breath. "I ain' pussyin', Rahne. I mean it. It's y're choice how...close y' let me be...." He shrugged. "Not tha' I'm gonna be close anyway. Little fuckin' hard when y're thousands of miles away shootin' people." His expression went a little blank as he looked down, stroking the girl's cheek.

Rahne: "You know what I mean," Rahne foulded her arms, "And you are pussying, either that or you think I really am a fucking super-bitch from hell, she's only a fucking baby," she looked down at thier daughter and her face softed a little, "none of this is her fault, and it wouldn't be fair to stop her from having a father, even if he is a compleatly irrisponcible wanker, so you're as involved as you and she want you to be, okay. Never had you down as such a bloody doormat."

Victor: Vic was only half-listening to her, trying not to let the words hurt as much as they did. "Yeah, well. People change." He said quietly, just looking down at the newly-named Marie. His tail curled as she squeaked, a small smile tugging at his lips as he stroked over the tuft of hair. Nothing seemed to matter with her there.

Rahne: "Do they, do they really?" Rahne said archly, before giving a loud, exagerated sniff, "Good party was it? And what was she like, good in the sack, did you tell her you were gonna be a father?" She sniffed again, she reconised that smell from Remy, "Nice thing about your mutation though, means you don't need to worry about shareing needles huh?"

Victor: Vic visibly flinched. Shit, she would have been able to smell it. "Yeah. It was." His voice was blank. "She knew. Old frien' from time on the run. Ended up spillin' my guts to her over a pint. That was before the rave." What was the point in lying? She'd know. "I don' know. I can't remember." He shrugged, keeping his focus on the girl while somewhere inside something curled up.

Victor: He remembered something about what Remy had said. "An' what abou' you? Why's there 'possible problems' wit' Marie? Y' never explained that, Rahne, or why she's prem."

Rahne: "I didn't find out I was pregnent untill I was comming into the third trimester, up untill that point I just carried on as usual, what do you think?" Rahne said defeinsivly.

Victor: "As usual?" Vic did look up then. "What d' ya mean, 'as usual'?" He felt a lead weight drop into his stomach. "From d' drugs. What did y' think? Didn't she tell y' anythin' about what she an' d' baby are likely t' go through wit' it?" Remy had said that before they'd come in. Shit. "Rahne....what've y' been doin' since I....?"

Rahne: "Coke, been living the life of a rich bitch party girl me, really living it up you know? Sex, drugs and rock and roll, though before you phone up your lawyers to take her off me for being an unfit mother I stopped when I found out I was expecting okay?" Her broken heart prompted her to add, "What, did you just expect me to run back home to mommy and cry? Maybe end up a sad old spinster wandering around the house still in my wedding dress, huh?"

Victor: Vic looked down. "I...don't know. Not tha'." He snorted bitterly. "What, take her off y'? An' give her t' an unfit father? Fuck no. Y'll probably do a far better fuckin' job of lookin' after her'n me." He swallowed, not bothering to hide the shaking as everything started to hit him. Marie started to grumble, little face screwing up, and carefully he put her down, hands smoothing out the blanket gently.

Victor: He felt detached but at the same time too close, wishing hard that this was just a bad bloody dream and he'd wake up in Afghanistan or something. Everything, everything about this was wrong. So wrong. He sank into a seat placed beside the incubator and put his head in his hands, forehead touching it. "Oh god...."

Rahne: "Oh God, don't start crying again you'll set the rest of us off," Rahne snapped, looking away again.

Victor: Vic barely heard her. He couldn't handle this, couldn't deal with it, needed to get out of here. Standing up, he grabbed his hat and jammed it on. "I'll be back later wit' the stuff." He managed. "An' I'll talk t' ya abou' shit. I need t' go." He didn't look at Rahne, just turned and went to head out of the door.

Rahne: "Fine, just run away again and I hope you feel better for it! I'm sure there's already a que of your admirer's outside your room anyway!" She called angrily after him.

Victor: Vic stopped at that, looking back at Rahne, hand on the door. "Why? I'm th' bastard here, Rahne. Remember? I'll come back when y' feelin' better." With that he shut the door quietly so he didn't disturb Marie and then slid down it, arms wrapped around his knees and crying silently.

Rahne: Rahne glared at the shut door, almost daring it to open again for him to come back in. All the times she'd thought about what would happen if they'd even meet again she hadn't counted on feeling so hollow and ... unsastified, he hadn't given her a real answer as to why he'd left, and he hadn't reacted! Didn't he care about her enough to get angry at her?

Rahne: He was still outside the door, and she could smell that he was crying and something twisted in her gut, a combination of sadness and grim satisfaction, standing she went back over to the incubator and looked down at Marie, the baby's face twisted in a sullen expression and Rahne felt her heart sink.

Rahne: Going back over to the bed she climbed back in and pulled the covers over her, "So much for being able to put your needs first ... I'm sorry baby."

steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by steyn »

wow, that was a big instance. Nice one all three.
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Perfect Pair

Post by Esynthia »

Victor: Vic was sat outside in one of the chairs, blank white eyes fixed on the blue sky above him, a cigar in one hand. He took a drag and blew a stream of smoke up at the one cloud skudding across it. Although he looked deep in thought, he wasn't actually thinking at all. Well, except for the little words I have a daughter occasionally running through his mind.

Monet: Monet glanced out the window as she walked by and almost did a double take as her step faltered. She paused and looked out for a few minutes before deciding that it wasn't her eyes playing tricks. She opened the door and leaned against the frame, "You're not supposed to be here unless I'm mistaken in who you are. Which I'm likely not."

Victor: Vic blinked, frowning. He didn't recognise his voice. Lifting his head, he looked up. "Hey?" A name flicked across his mind. "Oh. Monet, righ'?" He smiled tiredly at her. "Home on leave. Little earlier'n planned, but hey." He scratched his bare chest through his open shirt, absently stroking his mane. "Sorry I didn' get back t' ya on myspace. Busy few weeks."

Monet: "Do you really think that it bothers me that you did not 'get back to me'? Or that you've been busy even." Oh, God, why was he here? She fixed him with a blank stare, trying to ignore his open shirt as she straightened in the doorframe. "You do not match you picture as I remember," at least what she would allow herself to look at.

Victor: "Nah. Part of my healin', that is." Vic sat up a little straighter, knocking the ash off his cigar as he noted the scents. "Ever read Anne Rice? My hair does th' vamp trick whenever I hafta heal from somethin' big. That an' it grows quick anyway. Got sick of havin' to shave every week, so last time I got machine-gunned I jus' stuck wit' a bun."

Monet: "No. I can't say that I have. I am familiar with who you are talking about though." She crossed her arms under her chest. "Machine-gunned? I can't imagine that would be much fun." Now she was being sympathetic? Well, the most she had been to anyone besides her family in a while anyway. "When do you return?"

Victor: "Few months." Vic shrugged, looking away. "Nah. Probably a lot less fun fer th' gunner though." He said matter-of-factly. "Corpsey's a well-earned nickname, I s'pose." That had been the time he'd come round in the cell with no idea of who he was, let alone what had happened. "So what y' been up to, doll?"

Monet: "Do you make a habit of creating corpses then, m'sieur?" Monet gave him an amused grin but pulled her arms in a bit tighter. "I had been sitting in and observing classes until break. Now I just go and do as I please. I can't very well go home, so I've stayed, and I have to say that it is quite boring."

Victor: "Oui, cherie, I do." Vic smirked. He'd hung around with French engineers and troops enough to pick up a working knowledge of the language. Same with German, Spanish and - to a certain degree - Arabic too. "Well, if I hafta. It's more seein' me walk aroun' wit' bits on show that shouldn't be. I'm an engineer, but I'm a soldier too." He waved at a seat. "Siddown. I don' bite. Not unless y' ask nicely."

Monet: "And if I did ask nicely?" Monet felt the corner of her lip tug up and she quickly schooled her face again as she went to sit, pulling her chair a bit away from him. "Bits on show that shouldn't be, hmm? Sounds much like a personal issue, why would they care?"

Victor: Vic just gave her a humourless smile. "Was more talkin' about walkin' dead man. You ever seen th' damage a machine gun does at short range?" He scratched at the memory of heals as he took a drag. "Anyway. Doubt y'd ask me nicely. I have fangs." He bared them at her before sitting back. She seemed nervous, judging by scents, despite her attitude.

Monet: "No, I can't say that I have, but I do have a vivid imagination." She smirked at him, slightly amused, "And fangs do what to invulnerable skin? Because as far as I've learned, nothing has gotten through it." With the collar off, she added bitterly to herself.

Victor: "Hah. Another one?" Vic shook his head, looking at the end of his cigar. This was a welcome distraction from thinking about Rahne and his girl. "Tha' must be borin'. I like knowin' I can bleed." He ran his fingers through his unbound hair, shaking it out of his eyes. "Imagination's a good thing, stops y' from bein' bored."

Monet: "Quite the opposite. I like knowing that nothing can harm me," for the most part. She sat up a bit to pull her shirt down, then leaned back slightly. Being around him was slightly unsettling. She was thinking too much about Marcus. "And what do you mean 'another one'? Didn't I tell you on Myspace that I was invulnerable?"

Victor: "Yeah. So's Rogue." Vic shrugged, noting her pull the top down. He slung a leg over the arm of the seat, relaxing bonelessly into it. "Guess mutation runs along th' same track. Coul' say I'm invulnerable, in a way - ain' found anythin' that coul' kill me, 'cept maybe drownin'." He closed her eyes. "Never told ya what I got, did I?"

Monet: "Yes, roadkill told me that." She crossed her legs at the ankles, "You could say that except things obviously get past your skin making you vulnerable." Monet gave a small shrug, "Judging from your fangs and claws, you're a feral. And you obviously have a healing factor. What else then?"

Victor: Vic cracked a smile, keeping his eyes closed. "Well, if I told ya tha' I know I make y' nervous...." He opened one eye slightly. "Why is tha'? Ask anyone. I'm a pussy cat. More likely t' purr an' do tricks fer catnip then anythin' else." He closed the eye. "Y' should work on calmin' ya heartrate too, doll. Kinda giveaway." He took another drag of his cigar.

Monet: Monet glared over at him and took a slow breath, "You do not make me nervous. You look more like an alley cat to me. Pussy cats tend to be well groomed."

Victor: "Hmph, ain' that the truth." Vic chuckled. "Darlin', I have a sense a' smell so strong I can tell what y' had fer breakfas' four days ago by y' sweat. It's stronger'n a dog's as far as I'm aware. I c'n hear yer heart beat, same with th' people sittin' in the kitchen. Pretty much th' same for any sense, 'cept touchin', thank fuck." He opened his eyes, smiling a little.

Victor: "To be honest, sweetheart, I don' give two shits if I make y' nervous or not. I'm a soldier, I kill people fer a livin'. You get used t' it. I also don' care abou' attitude. Y'll soon find tryna do that shit t' me is like smackin' yer head on a brick wall." He frowned, poking his solid chest. "Literally." He smiled at her again. "Anyway. Foun' anyone interestin' enough t' keep yer attention yet?"

Monet: Monet rolled her eyes, "If you think I do the attitude for you, then you are highly vain. This is who I am, so I would recommend that you keep on as you are if it does not phase you." She looked away and watched the wind rustle the new leaves on the trees. "Yes, the hearing can get quite annoying, don't you find? And no. No one here is interesting at all."

Victor: "Yeah, sure thing, darlin'." Vic smirked. Definitely a welcome distraction from the whole mess with Rahne. "I'm a cat. 'Course I'm vain. Show me a mirror an' I'm happy fer hours." He blew a smoke ring. "Not interestin', or jus' below your standards, mon ami?"

Monet: Monet thought about that for a few moments before smirking at him, "Both."

Victor: That made Vic throw his head back and laugh. "Honest. Like it." He flicked the spent cigar butt over a railing, his tail flicking up to curl loosely around a leg. "So where y' from, Monet? Y' sound plummy."

Monet: "I'm sorry? Plummy?" Monet scoffed a bit. "I'm from Bosnia." She shook her head and rolled her eyes, "If you like it when I'm honest, you'd love it when I lie. It's much more interesting. For me at least."

Victor: "Plummy. Posh bint. Same diff." Vic waved a hand. "Bosnia, eh? Interestin'. London boy born'n bred, me." He stretched. "I always love it when girls lie, darlin'." He gave her a heavy-eyed smile.

Monet: Monet narrowed her eyes at the 'bint' but ignored it. "I'm sure that being from London you realize that many girls get paid for that, you pervert," she smirked, "But I'm not one of them. Even if I was, you couldn't afford me."

Victor: Vic chuckled humourlessly. "Well, growin' up in a whorehouse, can say I do know tha'." He eyed Monet with a smirk. "I wouldn' pay." He shrugged. "Never needed to, so why should I start now? Though I'm sure Mama coul' find y' a place wit' her girls." He patted a pocket, pulling out a packet of cigarettes and a lighter. "D' ya smoke?"

Monet: Monet glowered at him, "I am no whore. I already had to have this discussion with Remy. Do not make me have it again. And I will occasionaly, but I'm not in the mood, merci," her voice dripped with disdain on the last word.

Victor: "Heh. Touché, madam." Vic chuckled. "Y'll get used t' me. I ain' that offencive, doll, an' t' be honest, to me bein' a whore ain' a bad thing. I ain' lyin', I grew up in a whorehouse. Never met a nicer buncha girls. Mama was a whore an' she's got my respect." He grinned. "So it ain' a bad thing from my pointa view." He tapped out a cigarette and lit it. "Let me know if y' are, alrigh'?" He tossed the packet onto the table.

Monet: Monet raised her eyebrows in a silent acknowledgement at the cigarette offer. "No wonder you look so unkempt. The women may be nice, but they really do not know how to take care of themselves properly." She looked down at her nails for a moment, "And I am not a madame."

Victor: "Aaah. That's where y're wrong." Vic grinned. He wouldn't rise to this girl. She was too easy to wind up. "I'm like this 'cause tha's how I choose t' be. I smarten up good. But you try keepin' fur straight. Seriously, pet th' hair. It's fur." He winked. "But no. Ain' seen a cleaner house. It's more like a high-level escort service. You hafta have a lot of money t' be allowed Mama's girls."

Victor: " 'Course, means all my pocket money's dirty but what do I care?" He snorted. "Think I prefer bein' filthy rich t' clean an' poor."

Monet: "Why not be clean and rich? It's not a bad way to be," she shrugged. Her eyes trailed over his hair and she shook her head, slightly irritated, "Petting a man's hair is not my idea of a good time. It does not get me anything."

Victor: "Oh? Y' prefer pettin' somethin' else then?" Vic grinned. Yeah, this kid was fun. "I'm th' kinda guy tha' gets a kick outta bein' naughty. It's a hard habit t' break."

Monet: Monet fixed him with a flat look, "Apparently so. And no, petting something else is not on the menu either." Her eyes were drawn to his shirt as the wind blew at it a bit, showing off his muscles. She quickly averted her eyes, trying to get the image from her mind.

Victor: "Like I said. I'm a cat." Vic didn't miss the look, mouth curling in a smirk. "You're th' one who said abou' alley cat, doll." He pushed the thought of Rahne away. What did she care if he flirted with another girl? She was living with Remy. Didn't take a genius. "You one of these look-but-don'-touch girls then?"

Monet: Monet's eyebrows arched up in question and slight insult, "I try not to even look," she hadn't figured out a way to lie and make it convincing. She knew he had caught her looking, unfortunately. "Cat or not, it doesn't mean you have to lower yourself to others standards and stereotypes."

Victor: Vic laughed at that. "Oh darlin', you really don' know me at all. I don' lower myself t' anythin'. What y' see is what ya get." He grinned at her. "Mostly." He hadn't missed the raise of the eyebrows. "Once y' get ta know me a little better, y'll understan' what I mean. An' I get th' feelin' we're gonna be gettin' ta know each other very well." He breathed out a plume of smoke.

Monet: Monet scoffed at that, "Is that so? Unless you left it out, you do not have precognition, so you would likely be mistaken. Why in the world would I want to get to know you better?"

Victor: "Why in the world are y' still talkin' to me, darlin'?" Vic shot back, smiling. Heh. "An' no, I don' have precog, thank fuck. Th' only mental shit I have is the ability t' keep all you 'paths out." He shrugged. "But I ain' told ya everythin' I'm capable of, an' I ain' gonna either."

Monet: "Because it's rude to just leave in the middle of a conversation, that's why," Monet rolled her eyes and shook her head. This man was completely ignorant to social politeness apparently. "You don't have to. I haven't asked, have I? That means I really could care less."

Victor: Vic just answered that with a chuckle. "I doub' that'd stop ya, precious, really do." He watched her carefully, tail tapping lightly. "Well, I ain' stoppin' ya, if yer really that bored an' ya have better places ta be, I'd prefer t' be left alone anyway."

Monet: "If you would prefer to be alone, why in the world would you come here on leave. No one ever leaves you alone it seems." Monet gave a small shrug and a small wave. "Have fun then."

Victor: As Monet went to leave, he leaned his head back and closed his eyes. "That'll be because my daughter was born a few days ago. Otherwise I'd be happy t' stay the fuck away from this place for as long as I coul'."

Monet: "Daughter?" Monet paused and looked over her shoulder at him, "Why in the hell are you up here then and not with your wife and child?"

Victor: "That, Monet, is no' somethin' I'm willin' ta talk abou'." Vic gave her a forced, pain-filled smile, which fell. "She isn' my wife." He added quietly, looking away and lighting another cigarette off the dying one in his hand.

Monet: "Oh no?" Monet thought of several harsh remarks to him getting someone pregnant who wasn't his wife, and several more about the child itself. But even she wasn't willing to say such horrid things about someone's family. Even if they were a broken one, they were still a family. "Well I guess it makes it easier for her when you're away with the military then."

Victor: "Yeah. Yeah it would." His tone of voice had gone flat.

Monet: Monet let out a long sigh and rolled her eyes as she stepped back out, making a face as she went up behind him and put a hand on his shoulder, giving him a pat. "Congratulations on the new baby girl, then."

Victor: Vic shrugged off the hand, smiling up at her though it was forced. "Another thing y'll learn." He stood in one fluid motion, towering over the girl and turning to face her. "I don' really like bein' touched." He sighed. "Sorry, doll, it's a bad subject fer me. I don' wanna go int' details and I don' wanna talk abou' it." He shrugged. "Y' in the mood fer a cigarette yet?"

Monet: "I'm not one for it myself either," she replied with a flat look, "It is very rare when I give it. And no, I can't say that I am." Monet arched an eyebrow and gave a small smirk, "Though I am wondering if you're using that as an excuse to get me to stay."

Victor: Vic give her a shit-eating grin at that. "Well now, a pretty face like y'? Why'd I wanna drive that away, eh?" He sobered. "Plus I get th' feelin' ya probably know what it's like t' sit alone when y' really don't wanna be thinkin' to hard, oui?"

Monet: Monet blinked slowly, her eyes blank and her smirk gone. "Maybe I do. But why would I care if you don't want to think too hard?"

Victor: "Why would I care if y' didn'?" Vic shrugged, watching her. "Y're interestin' ta talk to, ya kill time an' no offence, but y're a good looker too. Don' take tha' the wrong way, I don' mean anythin' by it, despite wha' people might tell ya abou' me." He smiled, sitting down again.

Monet: Monet actually laughed a bit as she went to sit down again as well, "Interesting to talk to? Really? That comes as quite the surpirse. I have no doubts that I look good, though, so I'm not taking offense to that statement." She arched an eyebrow, curious, "What would people tell me about you?"

Victor: "I am - was - the school slut." Vic said bluntly, nudging the packet closer to her. "They'll prob'ly tell ya tha' a commen' like tha' from me would basically mean 'come to my room'. It don', at leas' not always. I'm no' that bad." He smirked. "Not any more. But yeah, y're pretty interestin'. After all, rich people gotta stick t'gether."

Monet: Monet cut her eyes to the pack, shaking her head slightly at the pathetic attempt to get her to take one. She would if she wanted one. "Is that so? All that says to me is that you enjoy sex. That does not make you a slut. Now, if you decided to sleep around behind your significant other's back, take other people's significant others to bed, or were not caring about the person you made love to, that is a different story."

Monet: He actually got her to chuckle again, "Do we? Even dirty money and clean money?"

Victor: Vic coughed a little uncomfortably at that before picking up her subject of money. "Oh yeah. Balances ou' there, ya see. I jus' have a more interestin' way of keepin' money in circulation."

Monet: "I fail to see how it balances out, darling. But you may keep your imaginated view of things," she smirked and took the packet, tapping out a cigarette. "Light?" Monet held the cigarette out to him. "However, keeping money in circulation is a good thing, so long as it doesn't involve killing people. And I doubt your mother's whores are doing that. At least not on purpose."

Victor: Vic obliged, smirking around his own smoke as he lit hers. "Aye well, I jus' know how it works. An' no, they don'." He grinned. "So how do y' keep your money goin, princess?"

Monet: Monet took a slow drag and almost narrowed her eyes at the 'princess' but it was better than 'Mo' so she let it slide. She blew the smoke out just as slowly, watching it curl in the air. "Merci. And my father is a European ambassador. It comes with the territory."

Victor: "Mmm. Impressive." Vic shrugged. "Diplomats come few enough, but their money's pretty much th' same colour as mine, 'specially when we have 'em come through Mama's houses." He grinned, blowing a smoke ring. "Hah. Shoul' be smokin' expensive cigars, sittin' in suits an' sippin whiskey'n cocktails, talkin' about this shit." He raised the cigarette in mock-salute and took a deep drag.

Monet: Monet glared at him, "My father does no such thing. And he earns his money the right way."

Victor: "Mmmhmm." Vic just smiled. "I didn' say yer father did, darlin'. Jus' I've seen a few diplomats who do. An' coppers. Members of Parlimen', though they're pretty corrupt anyway."

Monet: Monet took a slow breath then took another drag as she nodded, "Parliment is pretty corrupt. Having power does that to most people." She smirked, "I wonder if that's why some people are so afraid of mutants. Afraid we will become corrupt." She shrugged it off as soon as she closed her mouth, not really caring all that much.

Victor: "What d' ya mean, 'will' become corrupt?" Vic laughed. "Dunno abou' ya but I'm pretty much corrupt from birth. An' I've been a mutan' abou' as long too." He tugged on the tip of a pointy ear and grinned.

Monet: "Alright then. Maybe they already have a reason to worry about you." She smirked and took a slow drag as she cut her eyes to him, "Maybe I should follow their train of thought."

Victor: "Maybe." Vic smirked. "Bein' unkillable'll do tha'."

Monet: "Then maybe they should be worried about me as well if that's the criteria." Monet shrugged and tapped the ash off.

Victor: "Heh. You died yet?" Vic grinned. "Seven times an' countin' - well, would be if I hadn' lost coun' at the las' one."

Monet: "There's no way that I know of to even try and make me even slightly die," she smirked back, "So, while you may come back from being dead, I will never get there."

Monet: Monet gave a hollow laugh and let her voice drip with sarcasm, "Seems like the perfect match."

Victor: "Heh. It would." Vic shrugged. "See why y' interes' me? Such scathin' wit." He watched the tap of his tail. "Wouldn' say I've ever....really died."

Monet: Monet smirked again and gave a low chuckle, surprised that he managed it yet again. "So then you can't say you have died 'seven times and counting'."

Victor: "Well...." Vic pretended to think about it. "Got th' entire back of my head crushed. Bin shot across here-" he traced the path across his upper torso "-point-blank wit' a machine gun. Bin burnt, shot again, had my throat torn out....there's others, but I can' remember 'em off the top of my head." He shrugged.

Monet: "Dear, you aren't dead unless your heart and brain fail to function for at least a minute. And obviously your brain still worked when you had your head crushed in and your heart either did not stop for long or did not stop period when you were shot point-blank." She gave him a level look, "So you have not died."

Victor: Vic just laughed. "If ya say so. Not in the mood t' explain." He smirked, finishing his cigarette. Talking about death was making him a little uncomfortable, not that he'd show it. "Anyway, princess, I'd better go get myself summat t' eat 'fore the hordes take over th' kitchen. I'll prob'ly see ya aroun', an' don' be afraid t' track me down if yer in th' mood for another smoke." He winked, picking up the packet and headed for the kitchen.

Monet: Monet smirked and watched him walk away, enjoying the view now that he wasn't watching her. She finished off the cigarette and stubbed it out on the arm of the chair. She might take him up on that offer. But then again, she might not.
ImageImage

steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by steyn »

for some strange reason, even though I know Vic wants to be alone, through this whole instance, I just kept thinking Kyle was lying on the floor sleeping on the other side of the chair that Vic's sitting in. Like some rich person, lazing about with their dog, talking to another rich person about the woes of the world with money.
Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Scumfish »

Remy: He hooked his fingers over the ledge and did a bit of a chin up. "Vic?" Eyes scanning the rooftop, colour washed out of it by the oncoming night, he finally found a lump that wasn't supposed to be there. "Dere y' are." He twisted his body and flung a leg up. "Y' have no idea how hard I've tried t' find y'. Thought I'd find y' down wit' Rahne an' Marie if I waited long enough, but..."

Victor: Vic didn't turn, just hunched up more. What the hell was he of all people doing here? "Hah. Yeah well. Hadn' ya better get back to 'em?" He half-growled. He couldn't help it, just the thought made him....made him want to punch Remy and just keep going.

Remy: "Dere asleep." He frowned at the snarl. Well ok then. "Damnit Vic, I don' have t' be dere if y' are...if y' aren't upsettin' Rahne dat is." He pulled up his own little chunk of roof and sat. "Why are y' up here?"

Victor: "You even hafta ask tha', Remy?" Vic didn't bother looking. "Y' really hafta wonder why the fuck I'm stayin' away?"

Remy: He sighed. "Look Vic. I know it ain't gonna be easy wit' Rahne. Dieu knows, I know, cause I've been livin' wit' her an' I know damn well how crabby she can get, an' it ain't me she's mad at."

Victor: "Yeah." And that was it right there. Vic knew he had no fucking right to be angry, no right at all after what he'd done to her. But that didn't stop the nasty, worming little knot of jealousy that made him want to tackle Remy for making her happy. He would be happier with Rahne after losing Talia - hell, look at what he did when Rahne 'died'. Still.

Victor: "Woulda bin nice to have bin tol' she was on fuckin' drugs when she fuckin' well came back here." Vic managed to growl out. "I had no fuckin' clue what I was walkin' inta there, besides knowin' she wants my balls. That's a fuckin' given. I would have liked some fuckin' warnin' that my daughter coul' have problems there, mate."

Remy: He raised a brow, not sure if he could see it in the dusk, but knowing Vic and his vision... "Vic, I damn well did say. If y' didn' get it cause I wasn't outright bein' an' asshole, den dat's not my fault. I told y' back when y' were fuckin' around wit' dem parties - when y' were still here. Warned y'. So don' get mad at me cause y're reapin' what y' sowed."

Victor: That earned the unoffensive bit of roof beside Vic a punch hard enough to crack it. "Remy fuckin' LeBeau, as far as I was fuckin' aware Rahne had fuckin' stopped. She wasn' fuckin' addicted when I left an' I fuckin' well left FOR that reason! Because I let her do somethin' I swore I wouldn', alrigh'? I didn' know she'd carried on doin' it! I didn' know she was addicted."

Victor: "An' I sure as fuck didn' know she was pregnan'!"

Remy: "Neither did she." He said softly. "Look...I ain't sayin' she's blameless. She made her own choices. Y' both did. D' only one dat didn't get t' make any was Marie."

Victor: There was another punch, another crack. Vic was shaking. Actually shaking. Shit, not now. Not here. No. "Remy, jus'....jus' shut up, alrigh'? Jus' shut the fuck up and go th' fuck away if all y're gonna do is rub my face in it." His voice was shaking too, that nasty shake where you didn't know whether you were going to cry or haul off and hit someone until you couldn't feel your hands any more.

Victor: He rubbed his knuckles absently. They hadn't even split. No damage, no bruising. Hah. Always heal.

Remy: He let out another sigh. "Non. I wasn't comin' t' rub y're face in it. Je suis desole." Scooting a bit closer to Vic he eyed the cracked roof. "Gonna have t' get d' repairmen up here tommorrow, neh? Good thing it don' look like rain. Y' feel any better for it?"

Victor: "No." Vic flexed his fingers, turning his hand over and inspecting the palm, anything to not actually look at the man beside him. Best friend or not, he hadn't exactly waited to worm in on her, had he? No. That wasn't right. He closed his eyes. Fuck. "Remy, jus'....go away."

Remy: "T' let y' sit up here an' ignore y're daughter? Is dat what y' want? Why did y' even come here den Vic?" He was surprised at how much bitterness he was holding. Maybe Rahne'd rubbed off on him some. Maybe it was just regrets for his own lost child and wife.

Victor: Vic didn't say anything, didn't give any warning as he suddenly turned and punched Remy hard in a clean straight hit, knocking the man back. Following him, Vic balled a fist in Remy's collar and slammed him against the surface of the roof. "Jus' shut the fuck up, LeBeau." Vic snarled, baring his fangs in Remy's face, somehow glad that the man was still concious.

Victor: "Quit while y're fuckin' ahead, boy. I don' wanna hear any more, alrigh'? I don' wanna hear how y're so much fuckin' better'n me at lookin' after 'em. I'm sure y're all lookin' forward t' me goin' back t' Afghan or Iraq or somethin', eh? I'm sure y' can't fuckin' wait."

Remy: He was stunned for a moment by the attack, not expecting it. Eyes flaring he rolled to the one side, hearing his shirt tear. Lifting himself to a crouch he stared at Vic, ignoring the bruising and blood running down from a cut on his cheek. "What d' fuck are y' talkin' about? I'm y're goddamn friend Vic. I never wanted y' t' go anywhere - dat was y're choice."

Victor: "Friend? Yeah, thanks a fuckin' lot fer that." Vic spat, already in a crouch, arms wide, claws out and tail whipping. He was snarling more then talking, his tunnel vision concentrated straight on Remy. "How long did it take, eh? How long 'till y' two decided tha' the bes' way fer her t' 'heal' was t' be wit' ya? A month? A week? How long's she fuckin' been here for, Remy? Why didn' ya tell me?" He was yelling now, too angry to cry.

Remy: "Fuck y'!" That tore it. He would have thrown something at him if he could have found something on this damn roof to throw at him. "Y' fucker!" His vocabulary seemed rather limited at the moment so he stood and took a few deep breaths in and out through his nose. "I'm married Vic. Rahne's jus' a friend."

Victor: "Really." The word was as cold as Bobby's ass when he was in snowman mode and dripping with sarcasm. "That ain' what I fuckin' see, Remy. That ain' what I fuckin' smell." Vic flexed his fingers, itching to lay into him. "Tell me what I'm supposed t' be fuckin' thinkin', eh? When y' touch her like y' do? Not that it's my fuckin' place, o' course, I'm the bastard wanker tha' fuckin' left her."

Remy: "Y're bein' an' ass! I can't believe dat y're even sayin' dis shit. Smell what? Y' sure as shit don' smell anythin' dat would take dis beyond friendship." He tore the rest of his wrecked shirt off and balled it and tossed that at Vic's head. "I'm not doin' anythin' beyond dat. An' fuck y' for bein' a suspicous asshole."

Victor: Vic easily deflected the shirt, eyes still fixed on Remy. "Y' migh' not be fuckin' her, Remy, but tell me how I ain' mean' t' be readin' inta this." He said it quietly, taking a step nearer. Something was telling him Remy wasn't lying, but he was beyond caring, savouring the adrenaline of an upcoming fight, letting the white wash over the pain. "What. Am I. Supposed t' see."

Remy: He met Vic's glare with his own for a long moment and then his brow creased deep and he let his hands fall. "I dunno, Vic. Maybe a guy dat couldn't save his own wife an' child. I jus' wanna help her. Dat's it."

Victor: Vic just stood, tail lashing, watching Remy for a second before he crumpled, sitting on the roof with his head in his hands, shoulders shaking as he sobbed again. He was crying so much these days. That one small sentance had literally pulled the carpet out from under him. Oh god, he'd been so stupid. Why Remy? Why'd it have to be Remy?

Remy: He wiped at the blood on his face, muttering a bit under his breath and then hunkered down again. "Dieu. Y' gotta hand on y' dat's for sure." He wasn't sure how volitile Vic was at this point. "Vic - I promise y' - I ain't after Rahne. Not like dat at least. If y' show up knocked up, I promise I'd do d' same for y'."

Victor: Vic took his hands away, wiping his face, trying to stop crying. Just once. "Wasn' even tryin'. Y'd be dead if I had." His claws scratched the surface of the roof under him, not even cracking a smile at the joke. "Promise me, Rem, promise tha' or so help me God I'm gonna break every bone in yer body righ' here."

Remy: "Promise y' which? Dat I'd look after y'? Or dat I'm not out for Rahne?" He looked at his hands, at the band on his left. "Vic...oui t' both anyways. I can't explain t' y' how I feel...but I'm not lookin' for anyone." He gave him an assessing look. "Y' know eventually someone might get interested in her, oui? Kyle...Cessily...dey both shown interest before."

Victor: "I know...." Vic trailed off, pulling his legs up and wrapping his arms around them, leaning his head on his knees so that Remy couldn't see him crying. Emoemoemoemo "I...I can't....handle even thinkin'....I can't....I'm sorry, Rem. I-I can' think righ'. Nothin's workin' righ'."

Remy: "It's a lot t' take in. I know." He felt like he should set everything straight. "Rahne'll stay livin' wit' me as long as she wants though. She'll be under my roof - my protection. If she's not got anythin' else...I gotta - I wanna offer her dat."

Victor: "I know. Now. I jus'. I though'....when I saw....an' heard....I didn' mean t' do tha', I'm sorry." Vic curled his tail around his feet, the tip quivering. "I'm such a wreck....I can' deal wit' this. I jus' wanna run all th' time. I'm doin' it now. I can' handle this, Remy. Y' jus' saw what happens. I can' look after 'em, either of 'em."

Victor: "CO was righ', they shoulda locked up El Tigre."

Remy: "Y' can if y' want t' enough Vic. Y' gotta wanna change." He found his shirt and pressed it to the spot to get it to stop bleeding. "Y' know I'd help y' wit' dis as well as her. She's y're child too." The rest of what Vic had said didn't make sense either. "Al Tiger?"

Victor: "El Tigre. The Tiger. Got it after I wen' feral las' time. Didn' even remember my name f' days after." Vic swallowed. "Haven' felt righ' since. El Tigre an' Corpsy. Heh."

Remy: "Dat don' sound good." Turning he eased down onto the roof, letting some of his guard down. "Dey know why? Are y' mutatin' again?"

Victor: "Dunno. All I know i-is I can' handle this." Vic wiped his face. The tears were stopping, slowly. "Too close t' losin' it there. On y' of all people. After y' done so much. Je suis desole. I keep snappin' like tha', normal t' angry or sad an' then back t' normal." He clicked his fingers. "Like tha'. Feel like I'm goin' nuts."

Remy: "Have y' talked t' McCoy or someone? Dey'd be d' ones wit' d' most information." He finally edged near enough to touch Vic, their shoulders rubbing together. "What happened, Vic? It's like everythin' blew up in jus' a few months. Y'all left, den Talia..." Swallowing he took a hard breath. "I dunno - it's jus' like everythin' went t' shit. Dere anythin' left?"

Victor: Vic leant into Remy, relaxing enough to wrap an arm around him and pull him in tight, able to smell the pain on the man over his own stupid anger and the blood. "I don' know. I really don'. All I know is I got a daughter an' a bitch of a patchup job wit' my ex an' you got a son an' someone t' care for." He leant his forehead against Remy's shoulder. "An' I wanna fix this. So d' ya. But we can'."

Remy: "An' why not? I fixed it with Talia. Y' know dat. An' y' have someone t' care for jus' as much as I do...if not more. She's gonna need y' Vic. Dey both will in dere own ways, even if Rahne don' want y' back. She's still gonna need y' t' be a dad."

Victor: "I can'." Vic bit his lip. "I don' know how. I can't even think straigh'. I'm a soldier, Rem, I kill people f' a livin'. How can I be a father?"

Remy: "Cher, I used t' steal for my livin' an' fuck everythin' dat moved. People change. Y' didn't used t' kill people for a livin' - y' can choose not t' do it again. It'll maybe take time - but ain't Marie worth it?"

Victor: "I can' not go back, Rem. I'll be put inside for AWOL." Vic said quietly. "When I signed up, I signed up lifetime. This is my life now."

Remy: Letting out a rather discusted low sound at that, he nudged Vic. "What d' hell prompted y' t' do dat anyways?" Dabbing at the cut to see if it had stopped he looked thoughtful. "What about gettin' discharged?"

Victor: "Seemed a good idea at th' time. Do somethin' that'll keep me occupied f' years, do somethin' I'm good at - I'm a Royal Engineer, fully qualified - an' do some fuckin' good fer a change." Vic thought about the discharge. He'd never thought about that. After a few moments, he shook his head. "No. Not unless they wanna on medical grounds an' they don' seem to. I jus'....RAF's too much fun."

Victor: "Marie...." He felt a well of possessiveness come up. "She's worth everythin', but I wan' her t' have a dad she's proud of, ya know? I jus'....I want her t' be happy, wan' Rahne to be happy an' I wan' my life. I'm parta somethin' there an'....I jus'...." He trailed off. "I don' know...."

Remy: "Well first, knock dat shit off about y' bein' not good enough. Dat's jus' y' bein' harder on y'reself dan y' need t' be. An' it's full of bull." He tugged on a lock of Vic's hair. "Y' gotta choose Vic. Her or y'. Can't say a parent's glamourous work. Not very excitin'. Jus' same thing day in day out."

Remy: "For all dat - it's rewardin' beyond anythin' else y'll ever do." He felt tense, wondering which he'd choose.

Victor: Vic stared off into space for a while. "I....know." He said quietly. "I'm scared, Remy. I-I can' think abou' it righ' now. I don' know what t' do." He didn't want to move, Remy's scent wrapping around him and reminding him of better times.

Victor: "Well....I-I got a few months t' think abou' it...." He closed his eyes, leaning his forehead against Remy's shoulder again.

Remy: "Few months? Y're here dat long?" He eased into the embrace, feeling the fine tremors that ran through him.

Victor: "Yeah." Vic drew in a sharp breath. "CO figured I could use paternal leave if she was mine an' camp docs chipped in tha' I coul' use cool-down time an' hell, even th' padre threw in his lot."

Remy: "Dat's good...I didn't know how long y' had here. Figured it was more days. An' dey were right. Y' need t' loosen up an' relax. Get t' know y're daughter."

Victor: "An' Rahne again....if she'll let me." Vic huffed a humourless chuckle at that. "Remy....I'm sorry. Shouldn'ta d-done tha'. Not t' ya."

Remy: "Ah well. Y' can pay me back another time for it." He studied him. "Y' still want her? After all dis?" As if he had to ask.

Victor: "I still love her." Vic said quietly. "Jus' 'cause I walked away didn' mean I stopped." He swallowed. "Yeah. I still wan' her."

Remy: "Well fuck." He gave him a serious look. "Dat's gonna be one hell of a challenge. She's pissed. I say 'pissed' cause dey don' make a word for what she's feelin' for y'."

Victor: "Wants t' rip my bollocks off an' wait fer 'em t' grow back so she can do it again." Vic said bluntly. "I know. She ain' the firs' girl I fucked over. I jus'....I wanna....fuck know what I wanna do, Remy. I wanna run away but I can' an' it's tearin' me apart."

Victor: Victor: "Wants t' rip my bollocks off an' wait fer 'em t' grow back so she can do it again." Vic said bluntly. "I know. She ain' the firs' girl I fucked over. I jus'....I wanna....fuck know what I wanna do, Remy. I wanna run away but I can' an' it's tearin' me apart."

Remy: "So what den? What are y' gonna do? Y' think y' got a chance t' do it? She's been though hell - which was some of her doin' with d' choices she made - but still."

Victor: "Ain' got a chance in hell." Vic tried not to let it hurt. "Not gonna try, Remy. All I c'n hope is tha' I migh' be able t' be friends again, fer Marie. It ain' a lot but...."

Remy: "It's enough. If y' two can be parents an' get along...dat's great." He pulled at Vic. "So y' gonna stop hidin' from dem den?"

Victor: Vic, if anything, shifted closer. "....Maybe later. Righ' now I'm good wit' bein' dumb on th' rooftop wit' my best mate." He looked up and smiled a little at Remy. "I migh' try again later."

Remy: He smiled at Vic and shook his head. "Dumbass." He said affectionately. "So did y' give me a black eye? Or jus' d' cut? Y' hit like a truck."

Victor: "I wasn' even tryin', Rem." Vic carefully raised his free arm, turning Remy's head via his chin and looking him over before wincing. "Y're gonna have a beaut of a black eye and....well. At leas' y' ain' gonna have stitches. I gotta make foreplay less violen'."

Remy: He laughed at Vic's joke, but raised a hand to prod gently at the swelling. "Should be glad y' didn't cave my head in den. Make havin' a conversation a bit harder."

Victor: "Yeah." Vic let go of him reluctantly. "What's th' poin' in doin' that? Couldn' get a decen' figh' then."

Remy: "Asshole." He smacked him again. "Y' do owe me for dis y' know. An' if y' need help or have questions, den ask, alright? Don' go assumin'."

Victor: Vic snorted, then sobered, looking at Remy seriously. "I don' think I woulda really cared if y' were or not, Rem. I was spoilin' fer a fuckin' figh', y' bastard, an' ya didn' give me one." He paused, looking down. "I know. An' I will....thank y'. An' I shoul' probably thank ya fer not risin' earlier too."

Remy: "Well, I kinda was." He snorted. "I was angry, Vic. Angry for my reasons jus' as much as for d' facts. I just...I would give anythin' t' have my family back - an' y'rs jus' got left y' know?"

Victor: "Yeah. I know. I know who th' real bastard out of us is, Rem, an' I ain' likely t' forget it." Vic shook his head. "Was a mess. Still am, but that's wha' I'm here t' try an' fix, ya know?" He sighed, running a hand over Remy's back soothingly. It must have been hard, losing his wife and unborn child and watching his best friend just....drop the love of his life.

Victor: For once, Vic could actually see just how much of a selfish prick he really was.

Remy: "All y' can do is try t' fix it. Y' can' change d' past. No point in dwellin' on it. Make up for it, sure, but don' stay stuck on it. Jus' make amends as much as y' can."

Victor: "Yeah." Vic sighed, letting his head rest on Remy's shoulder again. His hand flattened against his lower back, thumb stroking the skin lightly. "Somethin' like that." Absently he nuzzled the shoulder.

Remy: "It'll be ok Vic - I told y' I'd help y'. An' at least she can't crawl aroun' an' get into stuff yet." He teased before he realized that she had a heck of a long way to go till she could.

Victor: "God. Please, I ain' even used t' the idea that I'm....I'm a dad." He nuzzled again. "I though' I had longer t' get ready fer this..."

Remy: He gave a wry laugh. "Yeah, well, I am hearin' y' dere." He laughed and dug his fingers into Vic's hair, giving him a bit of a rub. "Y're rubbin' on me like a kitty, Vic."

Victor: "Rawr." Vic purred deeply, moving to nuzzling Remy's neck as he relaxed against him, clawtips scraping against skin. "Well....y're pettin' me....keep doin' that an I'm gonna get the wrong idea." He chuckled a little to show it was a joke.

Remy: He changed the pets to a gentle smack across the back of Vic's head, laughing. "Dieu, I swear dat y' are jus' one ball of hormones."

Victor: Vic sighed, smiling a little. "No. Jus' want comfort I guess. Sorry. Wan' me t' back off?"

Remy: "I'm fine wit' snugglin' sort of things." He returned to the half hug. "Jus'...as I said. Married, oui?"

Victor: "Oui. I get tha'." Vic let out a sigh. "Though....y' ain' bein' fair. 'Fore I hit Englan' and met up wit' an old friend I had one fling. One. In more months'n I wanna think abou'."

Remy: "Yeah? An' what was dat like?" He gave him an odd look. "Y' know, dat's not gonna endear Rahne t' y' if she hears about dat."

Victor: "An' how many's she had." Vic snorted bitterly. "I ain' no fuckin' fool, Remy. She tol' me as much. I jus' ain' wanted t' or had th' time to."

Remy: "Yeah." He didn't quite know everything, but the rumor mill did fly. "I dunno what t' say about dat either. Guess y' both deal wit' things in a pretty single minded way."

Victor: "Yeah. She deals in th' way I taught her." Okay, the tone of voice was getting a little bitter. Maybe this was a good time to end this before he started getting angry again. "Listen....Rem....can ya jus' shut up fer a while? Don' wan' ya ta go or anythin' jus'....stop talkin'. Please?"

Remy: "Ain't a problem." He dug his fingers back in his hair and just sat offering what comfort he could. For everything...he had hope for them as a family at least.

Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Esynthia »

I'm torn between wanting to smack Vic and crying... that was really good yall. great bonding with them :)

also? reading Marie for the first few lines confused the FUCK out of me. especially when it was a Remy line b/c I guess my mind just went "Sam: blahblahblahMarie" >< boo no sleep. esy's brain doesn't work well.
ImageImage

steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by steyn »

D'awww, that was nice!
puppygirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by puppygirl »

:shakeno Rahne isn't going to be pleased when she finds out about this, excellently played guys :D

Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

Post by Starfish »

Cessily: The summer began to turn really lovely. Only a few, small clouds, and otherwise a blue sky and unobstructed sunshine. A gentle wind from the sea wouldn't let it get too hot. Cessily took a stroll through the woods near the mansion and carried her camera with her, always looking out for potential picture motives.

Cessily: The summer break was long, so she was in no hurry to leave school just yet. She had made all that plans last year, so this time she had decided to take each day by itself and see where it would take her. Especially with all that was going on, both outside the mansion and with her friends right there, she preferred to stay around a bit longer.

Cessily: Following the path back towards the main building, Cessily was torn out of her daydreaming by a trail of smoke that caught her eye. It rose from a nearby tree trunk. She stopped, hesitating. The news about Rahne's baby being born and Vic being back at school had circulated quickly. Slowly, she approached the source of the smoke.

Victor: Vic blew out a plume of smoke, closing his eyes. He was leant back against the base of the tree, music going through his earphones from his mp3 and a flask of coffee beside him. He'd come out here for a quiet couple hours....think, really. Only he hadn't really done much else except go through a twenty-pack of cigarettes, his entire flask and St Mark's gospel again.

Victor: Anything to avoid having to think about the things Remy had said.

Cessily: Cessily paused and let out a quiet sigh upon seeing Vic. She was happy to see him back safely. On the other hand, she couldn't deny her conflicting emotions. In fact, she wouldn't have been able to accurately describe her feelings, at all. Seeing that he had his earphones in, she didn't say anything and instead stepped into a ray of sunlight to let it reflect off of her skin.

Victor: Vic's eyes snapped open and fixed on something as the light suddenly changed, blinking and seeing a shape in the afterwhirls. "Cess?" He pulled his earplugs out. "What th' fuck're you doin' here?" Alright, a lot rougher then he meant it to sound but he was this far away from the school for a goddamned reason.

Cessily: "It's wonderful to see you again, too," Cessily replied with just a tad sarcasm in her voice. She didn't drop the small smile that curled her lips. "I'm just out here, enjoying the great weather, and seeing if the opportunity for a picture presents itself." She cocked her head to the side. "I can go back to doing that and leave you to your brooding, if you'd prefer that."

Victor: "No. I'm jus' out here t' avoid people makin' me more miserable then I already am. I'm emo like tha'." Vic said sarcastically, running a hand through his hair. "Don' get me wrong. It's good t' see ya too." He sighed. Cess wasn't so bad, and it was better then any of the rest. "It's a free wood." He said by invitation to stay.

Cessily: "Doesn't mean I have to force myself on you," Cessily replied, but then sat down on next to him and placed her camera on the tree trunk. "Don't worry. I'm not here to make you feel miserable. I'm not going to congratulate you on what took place between Rahne and you, but I figure that you're already blaming yourself enough."

Victor: "Jus' don' mention it, alrigh'?" Vic sighed, letting his head fall back with a thud. "Please. I don' care what people say, I don' want another oh-so-helpful fuckin' therapy session. I'm dealin', I'm unhappy, I fucked up, I'm tryna fix it. End of." He closed the small worn combat-print bible and placed it on his knee. "So how's y' been, Cess?"

Cessily: Cessily turned her head to look at him for a few silent seconds, still smiling, then chuckled softly. "Like I said, don't worry. You won't get a sermon from me. I guess I understand how you're feeling right now. If that's possible. But from what I can tell, you're already on the right track." She grinned. "Just let me know when you've changed your mind and want that kick in the butt, okay?"

Cessily: "After all, that's another thing that friends are there for." She crossed her arms behind her head and leaned back. "Me? I've been alright. Missing Japh, though. And now I'm thinking about what to do for summer."

Victor: "Thought I said t' stop talkin' about it." There was a slight edge to Vic's voice, and he sighed. "Sorry, Cess. I'm jus'....a little wound up. Don' pay attention t' what I say, alrigh'? Japh's gone?" He looked over to her, frowning slightly. "Why?"

Cessily: Cessily gave Vic a frown before she shrugged. "No problem," she eventually said. "I know you're stressed out, so it's okay. Like I said, I'm just here to say hi to you. It's good that you're back safely." She paused, shrugging again. "Well, he graduated. So he's currently trying to find a job. Or find out what he wants to do with his life."

Victor: "Oh. He left?" Vic sighed, looking away again. "Jesus, where the hell does th' time go?" Graduation....he'd have done that, if he hadn't screwed up so bad. He breathed out another stream of smoke. "Guess I missed the big party....so what y' plannin' t' do? Stay?"

Cessily: "I'm really not sure yet." Cessily pulled a leg up to her chest. "With all that's going on - MRA and all that - I'm sure that I want to visit my family for at least a week or two. Maybe longer. Perhaps doing some travelling, as well." She bit her lip. "I wouldn't know what to do here all summer long."

Victor: "Well....I'm gonna be here all summer at least...." Vic shrugged. "So y'll have someone t' talk to." He frowned. "The MLF?" His gut tightened as he remembered the night him and Andy had trashed a place, leaving a MRA banner and settting the place on fire. Surely the idiot hadn't carried it on....

Cessily: Cessily smiled again. "Hm, sounds like a much better idea already. Maybe I'll stay a while longer then." She wasn't surprised that Vic would want to stay at the school. In fact, there were so many things that she was dieing to ask him. But she respected his wish to leave the topic be for now. "Yeah, the registration law they passed a few weeks back."

Victor: "Oh righ'." Vic shrugged. "I dunno, I can' see what th' fuss is abou'. It's no' exactly compulsory an' it ain' like they're puttin' us in solitary confinement or curfew."

Cessily: "At least not yet," Cessily tossed in with a dry laugh. "Oh well, I don't want to sound overly negative again. Maybe it's not going to be as bad as some people, me included, think it might be. Still, it has a lot of people worried, you know? Another reason why I want to go home for a while. To talk to my family and see what they're thinking about it all."

Cessily: "But like I said, I don't want to be negative again." The slight smile returned. "It's summer, after all. And we have semester break. So I also want to enjoy myself."

Victor: "Yeah....maybe that's best. But y' know...." Vic picked up the bible and then shifted to fish in a pocket for the ever-present military passport, his ID for when he wanted cigarettes. "I'm a registered mutan' both sides a' the pond." He gave it to Cess to look at. "If anythin', it's made my life easier."

Cessily: "Hm, yeah, I guess it does. Mind you, I'm pretty sure that I'll have no choice but to register if I don't want to go through a lot of hassle." She tilted her head sideways, gaze falling upon the bible in Vic's hands. "I didn't expect to find you reading in that particular book. Did you suddenly turn into a believer?"

Victor: "What?" Vic looked down. "Oh. Yeah." He looked away, shoving it into a pocket and blushing slightly. "Uh, no. Maybe. All troopers get one. I read it....it makes everythin' seem not so bad." Never mind the peace of mind and- yeah. He wasn't ready to think about that, not yet. "So no."

Cessily: "I'd have been really surprised if you did, to be honest." Cessily remarked, showing just a small smirk. "So... you got any plans for the summer? Well, aside from... you know, what we agreed to not talk about today?"

Victor: "Not really....I'm gonna be visitin' Mama an' pickin' up my bike at some poin' so....jus' takin' it as a relaxin' - hah - holiday." Vic took the passport back and pushed that into a pocket too. "Jus' gettin' my shit t'gether I guess."

Cessily: "Sounds like a good plan to me," Cessily commented, nodding slowly. She paused for a moment, trying to think of something to talk about that wouldn't inevitably lead to Rahne and the baby. Eventually, she simply smiled at him. "Well, remember that I'm a friend, okay? So, if you ever need to go out and do something fun, or just want someone to hang out with, tell me."

Victor: "I will, babes. Jus'....wait fer me t' come ta you, righ'?" Vic debated asking her for a moment, before shrugging to himself and moving, rolling over slightly so that he was straddling her lap and leaning down to kiss her gently. "An' I have missed ya, Cess." He murmured into it. Rahne wouldn't be able to smell anything. "Missed me?"

Cessily: Cessily was about to form a reply when she was caught by surprise, her lips touching Vic's. She didn't resist or fight the sudden kiss, instead found herself leaning into it, eyes closed. They separated, and Cessily looked up at Vic, her lips slightly parted. Talk about conflicting emotions. She felt torn apart into several fighting pieces inwardly.

Cessily: "Really need an answer to that," she returned the question, unable to keep her voice from getting husky. Oh my. Why did he have to be so damn irresistible?

Victor: Vic just smirked a little, pushing the gnawing ache of guilt to the furthest part of his mind. "Well, no, but I like t' hear it. Fan my ego a li'l." He smiled a little, leaning in a little and nuzzling her throat. "Hmm?"

Cessily: "I missed you," Cessily told him eventually, tilting her head to give him access to her neck. "A lot." She knew others would possibly blame her for doing something they deemed inappropriate, but Cessily would neither mind, nor agree with them. She wasn't like them, and wouldn't apologize for it any more.

Cessily: "But wouldn't you prefer if I just showed you instead," she asked, licking her lips. This was her way to comfort a friend.

Victor: "I think I would." Vic didn't hesitate. "But....t' make my life easier, Cess." He leant back a little, laying a finger against her lips. "Make sure Rahne, Remy an' Rogue never find ou'. I don' wan' any more shit then what I got, alrigh'?" He smiled, replacing the finger with his lips and tangling his hands in her hair.

Cessily: Cessily kissed him passionately the moment their lips touched again, unable to hold back anymore. He always has had that effect on her, and it hadn't changed. "It's a promise," she breathed, then arched her back to push her chest against his and wrapped her arms around him. "Aren't we about to do bad things that you don't publicly talk about, anyway?" She smirked. "Well, other people don't, that is."

Victor: Vic was left a little breathless as he mirrored her smirk. "Y' really do want me." He leant down and lapped her throat, before pausing, warm breath washing against the damp skin. "Or d' ya jus' want a quick screw in general?" He kissed her throat and then sucked on it lightly.

Cessily: "Oh, you know me," Cessily said, Vic's attention to her throat bringing forth sighs from her every few seconds. "When have I said no to a quick screw?" She pulled back and gave him a serious look, pausing for a moment. "But it's true. I really missed you. And yes, I really want you." She leaned in to lick his neck. "You know why. There are some things only you can give me."

Victor: "Hmph." Vic purred at the lick, leaning his head back for her. "An' what are they?" This was probably the wrong thing to do but....he needed this. And how could it be cheating on Rahne when they weren't together?

Cessily: "Now, where to start," Cessily wondered aloud, chuckling dryly. "Your endurance can actually keep up with mine, you're simply irresistible in a very primal, feral way, and you always bring out that deviant side in me." She trailed kisses along his neck and up to his jaw and mouth. "I like that." Cessily bit Vic's lower lip.

Victor: Vic purred deeply at the bite, pushing harder against her. "Good." He kissed her hard. " 'Cause you do th' same t' me. An' I think I'm gettin' a kick outta this, doll."

Cessily: "We both must be doing something right then." Cessily ground her body against Vic's, kissing, licking and biting his mouth and neck. "You know I aim to please." Her hand sneaked beneath his shirt.

Victor: Vic's purr turned into a low moan at that. "Enough talkin'." He murmured. "You said summat abou' showin' me. So show already."
"The secondary penis slides into view. And they all lived happily ever after."
Kieron Gillen
puppygirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by puppygirl »

:shakeno Reeeeeeeeally aren't helping your case here Victor, nice instance guys :)

steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by steyn »

nnnope, not helping his case at all.

[Edited on 23/10/2008 by steyn]
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Hah - he was wise to put that disclaimer on.
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

The Bastard, the Bitch, and the Bike

Post by Esynthia »

Rogue: Rogue flew back up to the house as fast as she could, slamming open the door when she got there. It didn't matter that Remy had said things were ok. Vic had fucking attacked him. She checked his room, knowing he wouldn't be there, but checking anyway. She growled a bit in frustration as she was running out of places to look. She would have seen him on the roof while she was flying, so she knew he wasn't there.

Rogue: She finally decided to head to the garage to go for a ride on her bike around town. She knew he would less likely be in town, but it would be a good way to blow off some steam. Rogue paused as she flung the door open, watching as Vic unlocked the door to one of the cars. "Vic," her voice was flat and level, her face calm except for the burning green of her eyes.

Victor: Vic stopped as soon as he heard the door open, not bothering to turn around. "One, I ain' runnin' away, I'm goin' somewhere. Two, save it. Y' smell pissed so I'm guessin' y've either seen Remy or talked t' him, an' we've already sorted it." His own voice was just as level, though his tail flicked in irritation. Why the hell didn't people leave him the fuck alone?

Rogue: "Yeah. Ah am pissed. Can always trust that nose o' y'alls." She went over and leaned against the car door, looking over at him. "Remy told me that part too. If ya think it's gonna make me feel better, ya wrong." She took a deep breath and clenched her jaw for a moment. "Mah best fuckin' friend has a black eye tha size of a potato, Vic. Don't tell me y'all'd do tha same if it was me that decked him. Y'all'd be pissed as hell at me."

Victor: "Probably. Get out of my way."

Rogue: "No." She narrowed her eyes at him, "Ain't gettin' off that easy, Vic. An' no, Ah don't give a fuckin' shit if ya hit me f'r it. Know ya won't 'cause ya don't hit gals, but Ah could care less at tha moment." Rogue shifted to push his arm away from the door with her hip and went to cover most of it with her body. "Y'all had no fuckin' reason ta hit him like that. Not one that makes it right anyway."

Victor: Vic gave Anna a long, level, heavy stare. "Really now. An' y're sayin' that, when you ain't heard th' situation, when y' don' hold the facts, despite th' fact me an' Rem have sorted ou' - like the best mates we are. Interestin'." His tail hit the side of the car hard in irritation as he folded his arms, having to physically resist the urge to pick her up and move her. "As fer not hitting girls? I've shot 'em. What difference does hittin' one make?

Rogue: "Fine. Hit me. See if Ah give a damn." She met his eyes with a flat look. "An' Remy told me his whole side of it. How could ya be so stupid, Vic? Y'all shoulda known better. Ah know what it looks like, but Remy loved Teej way too much. He's still fuckinm' grievin' f' her. Ya really think he'd do that?"

Victor: "His side. Not mine." Vic clamped his mouth shut. He really did not want to talk about any of this right now. "I dunno. Stupid enough t' leave Rahne? Move."

Rogue: "No," she insisted and crossed her arms under her chest. "So tell me y'alls side then, Vic. Ah'm all ears," she clenched her jaw again to remind herself to be quiet.

Victor: "Fine. Fuck y'. I thought him an' Rahne were together. I got jealous. I'm crazy. End of. Move now."

Rogue: "So Ah was right then." She shook her head, "No, Vic. Ah ain't movin'. What tha hell were y'all thinkin'?"

Victor: "Ain't it fuckin' obvious?" Vic closed his eyes, turning away from Anna and rubbing the bridge of his nose. Controlling temper. Another thing he'd lost since the stupid feral. "I wasn't. Just. Move, please? I wanna be gone an' back before people get th' wrong fuckin' idea an' think I'm runnin' again."

Rogue: "Yeah, actually, that was obvious, but Ah thought Ah'd let ya tell me otherwise in case Ah was wrong." She rolled her eyes, "F' tha last time, no, Ah ain't movin'. Where in tha fuck are ya goin' anyway?"

Victor: "My bike. It's in Tennessee. An' I miss it." Vic said bluntly. "Fine. Not gonna move, I'll take a differen' car." He tossed the keys onto the bonnet and went over to the key rack.

Rogue: Rogue made a noise of frustration and followed him, making sure to snatch the keys and stuff them in her pocket. She flew ahead of him and blocked his way again. "Don't think so, sugah."

Victor: "Anna-Marie will you get the fuck out of my way!" Vic suddenly snapped, claws snapping out to full length. "I do not want to fuckin' talk. Is that not fuckin' clear enough? Y've got your fuckin' answers!"

Rogue: Rogue shook her head and gave a small laugh, "Tough fuckin' shit. Ya ain't gettin' rid o' me that easy, y'all should know that by now. May have answers, but Ah ain't fuckin' satisfied."

Victor: "Tough shit indeed." Vic pulled away from her, fighting hard to keep from doing to her what he did to Remy. Couldn't she see that all this was doing was making it worse? Trapping him- backing him into a corner- no, stop thinkin' like that. Stop. Now. He shrugged, moving away from her, sitting on a handy work bench and pulling out a cigarette, hands shaking so badly he had to steady the flame with both to light it.

Rogue: "Ya got shit ta work through if ya goin' 'round knockin' tha crap outta ya best friends, Vic." She watched him hold the lighter with both hands and shook her head, "Ya wanna fuckin' hit me? Would that make ya feel better? Won't show if ya do. Won't even fuckin' hurt. Go right ahead, Vickerz."

Victor: Vic stared straight ahead, trying to block out what Rogue was saying. His vision was tunnelled again. Taking as deep a drag as he could, he closed his eyes to block it out, savouring the smoke before blowing it out. Best to ignore her. Ignore her and she'd go away. Fat chance, she never leaves alone. Bes' mate, remember? Don' wanna hurt her, already hurt Remy.

Rogue: Rogue took a few steps toward Vic, just watching him. Sometimes she hated his eyes. Couldn't really tell where he was looking. "Vic, y'all need ta get some kinda help. When was tha last time ya talked ta Dai?" When he didn't respond immediately, she took another step, "How many more best friends ya gonna beat up 'fore ya get over whatever tha hell is wrong?"

Victor: Vic opened his eyes, staring straight at the rear bumper of one of the school cars as he took another drag. "Dunno. Depends how long 'til I die, I guess." His voice was toneless, totally neutral, and apart from that he didn't acknowledge Anna at all. "Nothin's wrong."

Rogue: "Bullshit nothin's wrong. Ya fuckin' coulda killed Remy, if ya had even tried, Vic. Over a gal. Ah know ya love her, but what tha hell happened ta friends 'fore lovers, huh? Ya shoulda known he'd never do anythin' like that ta ya." She shook her head, "Ya hardly looked at me since Ah picked ya up at tha airport, too. That says a lot."

Victor: "Don' wanna talk." Same neutral tone. "There's more t' it then tha'. But I don' wanna talk. Get it yet?" There was a definite growl on the edges of his voice and he swallowed. "Don' make me."

Rogue: "Since when have Ah given two shits if ya wanted ta talk'r not? Yeah, might be fuckin' selfish, but no good comes outta keepin' shit bottled up, Vickerz." She took another step, trying to force her anger away so she could focus on helping him. "So then we'll just be here f' a few hours. Y'all not talkin', me waitin' not so patiently f' ya ta say somethin'."

Victor: "It's a free garage." Vic stared straight ahead. He didn't want to think about the feral, how he'd been acting and thinking since, the fact that he couldn't even remember his name let alone anything else for days afterwards. Added to the whole thing with Rahne and Marie and....he felt like the slightest touch would shatter him if he wasn't careful. He'd come close, very close with Remy that night.

Victor: He didn't want the same with Anna. Vic closed his eyes, lowering his head slightly and trying to block her out. Go away.

Rogue: "Yup." Rogue pulled up a spot on the bench next to him and crossed her arms, her feet copying that by crossing at the ankles. "Why ya keepin' all o' whatever it is locked away? Have ya talked ta anybody 'bout it?" She sighed, "An' why haven't ya barely looked at me? That's really bugged me."

Victor: Go away. "Avoidin' everyone. 'Everyone' includin' ya."

Rogue: "Ain't fair," she shrugged, "Not ta anyone. Includin' y'all. It'll only get worse Vic." She looked over at him, "'Least tell me why ya avoidin' me."

Victor: "Beacuse I don' wanna talk? This is jus' goin' in circles, an' I'm wastin' time." Vic shrugged. At least talking like this meant that he wasn't getting wound up. "Everyone wants t' be my fuckin' therapist lately an' it's gettin' just a little irritatin'. I don' like th' sound of my own voice all tha' much, Anna."

Rogue: "Now ya avoidin' tha subject of avoidin' me. Did Ah do somethin' ta upset ya 'gain?" She rolled her eyes, "Besides this. 'Cause Ah know ya damn well not happy with me at tha moment."

Victor: Vic rubbed his eyes. "I'm not avoidin' it. I don' wanna see anyone. I don' wanna talk to anyone. At all. I jus' wanna be left alone."

Rogue: "So ya home f' a few months an' ya just gonna spend ya time avoidin' people?" She shook her head, not understanding. "Do ya realize how happy Ah was when ya said ya were comin' home? Tell me ya at least not avoidin' ya daughter," she was starting to get irritated again.

Victor: "Rahne's there." He answered simply. Then he sighed, long and low, between his fangs and put his head in his hands. "Look. Y're not gonna leave me alone on this, are y'. Alrigh', fine. Wanna come on a drive wit' me, Anna? 'Least then y' can drive th' car back when I pick up my bike, yeah? And....I'm drivin'. We c'n talk on the way."

Rogue: "Fine. Where's ya bike?" She pushed off the bench and pulled the keys out, tossing them to him. "And Rahne may be there, but she's you're daughter, too. Don't give up what time you have with her right now. You'll regret it one day."

Victor: "Like I don' regret enough." Vic murmured, unlocking the door and then hauling up the garage door, sliding behind the wheel and waiting for Anna. His grip was tight on the steering wheel as he debated just flat-out lying to her. It would make her feel like he'd opened up to her and still keep her in the dark.

Rogue: Rogue slid into the passenger side and buckled up, looking over at him slightly expectantly. "Where we goin'?" She decided to ask again to maybe get the conversation on a neutral ground first.

Victor: "Tennessee. Las' place in America I wen' 'fore I took a plane t' Englan'." Vic bit his lip, starting up the engine. Yeah. He'd lie. He really didn't need Anna knowing. Remy was bad enough, and he'd be damned if Rahne would ever know. "Put my bike in some Angel-owned garages. Expensive but at leas' I'll know my baby's safe."

Rogue: "SInce when is money an issue f' y'all?" She turned enough in the seat to face him, pulling her leg up to make it more comfortable.

Victor: Vic pulled out of the garage, the door automatically rolling shut after him as he spun off in a spray of gravel and a squeal of tyres. "Y' know, drivin' a Yank car after drivin' a tank is so friggin' weird." He commented. "No gun turret." He waited until they were on a proper road, heading to an interstate. "Alrigh'. Y've got questions, I have miles a' country t' bury y' in. Shoot."

Rogue: Rogue nodded, "Bet it would be." She shifted a bit to get more comfortable, "Talk ta me. Tell me why ya avoidin' people. An' don't give me tha crap 'bout not bein' ready ta be a daddy yet. 'Cause ya ain't avoided me online when we talk 'bout that. Which is another point, ya talk 'bout that."

Victor: "Alrigh'." Vic breathed out. "Tha' I did answer f' ya back in the garage. I really do not wanna see people righ' now. I ain' feelin' righ' at the momen', Anna. Am I actin' like I shoul' be? Wouldja really think I'da punched Remy unless somethin' was wrong wit' me? Me an' him are like....well, we're brothers, amis, lovers, all tha' gushy shit. An' I migh' be a bastard but I ain' that much of one t' throw tha' away."

Victor: "I can' deal wit' talkin' t' people. I'm....tryna deal wit' bein' a dad. An' failin'. Not tha' there was any choice, but this couldn'ta come at a worse time."

Rogue: "Why's it such a bad time, then? 'Sides y'all bein' in tha RAF. Ah know that part of tha answer, sugah." She put her head on the back of the seat and watched his face carefully. "'Cause even tryin' ta deal with bein' a dad ya wouldn'ta done that ta Remy, which is why Ah'm buggin' ya 'bout it. 'Cause Ah know ya better'n that."

Victor: Vic was silent as they pulled up to a set of lights, looking around to distract himself. He spotted a kid staring at him through the window of an SUV and smiled, before baring his fangs at it. The kid giggled, the parents turning to see why. When the lights went green, the SUV shot off the line so fast he almost thought it had turbos. "Nice." He sighed. "It's jus'...." Lie. He was a good lier.

Victor: Only he didn't want to lie to Anna. That wasn't fair. "....Somethin' happened. I don' wanna talk about it."

Rogue: "Somethin'? What kinda somethin'? Don't hafta give me details if ya don't want... But, Vic, if it's bad 'nough ta make ya do that ta Remy..." she trailed off and chewed on her lip, eyes watching the SUV as it peeled around a corner. "Scaredy cats," she mumbled.

Victor: Vic breathed out. "I went feral. Killed a lot of people." He said it quickly, in the neutral, corp's-hiding-something tone of voice he used for the ruperts. "Not th' firs' time it happened but it was th' worst. Poin'-blank wit' a machine gun." He kept his attention on the road. "Opened me up - as y' can imagine. It took me over a week t' come out of bein' feral, an' I couldn' remember my name, who I was....what I was...."

Victor: "Since then I've had....issues wit' things. I can' think properly sometimes, I can' control my temper....I dunno. I jus' feel...wrong. Rubbed up th' wrong way, or somethin'. Remy caugh' th' bad end of tha'.”

Rogue: Rogue sat in silence for a moment, not having expected that. "Damn, sugah," she said quietly. "Well, it all makes sense now, kinda. Ya got any idea as ta how ta get things back under control? Maybe talkin' ta Dai?"

Victor: "Darlin', if I though' that'd work I'da gone t' her." Vic let out a breath. That had been....theraputic. Kinda. "I'm jus' givin' it time. But tha' happened maybe a month ago, I dunno."

Rogue: "How much more time do ya think it's gonna take? Darlin' that ain't healthy..." She chewed her lip, "So ya went feral... Fully feral 'cause of a machine gun attack? Hun, maybe ya should get out... That ain't safe f' anyone, includin' y'all."

Victor: "Fine fer our side." Vic said a little bitterly. "Apparen'ly I get 'em ou' first, or they read the signs or somethin'. I'm a weapon. Knew it'd happen sooner or later...." Nowyou'rejus'likemeboy He swallowed and turned onto the interstate that would take them in the right direction. "I jus'....wasn' expectin'....this."

Rogue: "Vic... It ain't good f' y'all. Don't care if ya keep ya side safe. How is it good f' ya if things like that happen ta y'all?" She frowned in concern, "Sugah, it ain't safe."

Victor: "War ain' in general." Vic shrugged, then chuckled humourlessly. "Y' an Rem, man. I'll leave the fuckin' RAF when I'm ready."

Rogue: "What 'bout us?" She tilted her head, not getting what he was talking about. "When will ya be ready, sugah? When ya dead?"

Rogue: "Or when ya don't remember who ya are or what tha hell ya doin' f' tha rest of ya life?"

Victor: Vic closed his mouth. "See, this is one a' th' reasons I don' wanna talk t' anyone." He kept his eyes on the road. "I wanna work this ou' fer myself, not have people guiltin' me int' decisions."

Rogue: Rogue closed her mouth tight and faced front as she blew a breath out her nose, "Ah'm sorry. Ah didn't mean it like that. Ah'm just worried."

Victor: "I know. But this is up t' me, babes." Vic pulled into a block of garages. "Well, here we are."

Rogue: Rogue sighed and looked back at him, "Ah know it is. Just think 'bout it ok? Ya got more at stake now..."

Victor: "I know. Thanks f' remindin' me." Vic said deadpan, killing the engine. "Y' know, I've really missed my bike." An' peace an' quiet too. "Hopefully she won' be too rusted."

Rogue: "Ah think she'll be fine. An' hey," she grinned over at him, "Think Ah'm an expert at gettin' rid o' rust now, if it is." Rogue unbuckled and turned to fully face him, "There's nothin' Ah can say ta make ya do anythin'. But Ah can let ya know that Ah'm worried f' ya an' ya ain't alone whether ya wanna be'r not. Ah love y'all, Vic. An' so does Remy an' Marie an' a bunch o' others... Whether ya know it'r not."

Rogue: Rogue gave him another smile and got out of the car to get to the driver's side for when he got out to get his bike.

Victor: Vic snorted, being careful not to let her hear it. Yeah, everyone loved the idiot who was beating up his best mate and not seeing his daughter. Well, Cess certainly did, if nothing else. He got out, shutting the door and tossing the car keys to Anna. "Since y'll be eatin' my dust on th' way home, if she starts." He smirked, digging out the other set of keys.

Victor: Popping the boot, he pulled out a Jerry can of petrol and some oil, heading over to the end garage. It seemed like years ago since he'd put her in here before catching the flight back to England.

Rogue: Rogue caught the keys one handed and followed him to the garage, grabbing gently at his wrist before he could get too far away from her. She gave him a quick hug then stepped away to let him work, heading back to the car. "Eat y'all's dust. Ha! If only Ah had mah bike..." She grinned, "We'll race when we get home. Not takin' no f' an answer."

Victor: "Y'll have t'. My beast ain' a racin' bike an' ain' got the acceleration or speed y'res has." Vic smirked, unlocking the chain and lifting the door, revealing the tarp'd up lump. Pulling off the tarpaulin, he smiled. Sure, a little dull, but there was his bike, as good as the day he'd left it. Needed a clean, though.

Victor: Looking over it and oiling where it was needed, he wheeled it out into the sunlight and opened the cap, filling it with petrol before letting it stand for a few seconds. Then he put his key into the starter and pressed the button. "C'mon, baby....please let one thing work f' me...."

Victor: It protested and groaned for a few seconds before kicking into life with a roar. Vic grinned, breathing a sigh of relief. "Thanks, God."

Rogue: Rogue laughed, "Hey, technically, mine ain't a racin' bike either. But it's fun as shit ta do it." She gave a shrug and a wink. "Beatcha home then, if y'all's bike cain't even hack a race with mine, this car can sure beat tha crap outta it. Call me if it dies." Rogue quickly got in and revved the engine, giving a look over to Vic before tearing out of the lot.

Victor: Vic sighed with relief as Anna tore away, looking down at his purring bike and relaxing finally. Well, if nothing else, it meant he got a quiet ride home. He straddled the bike after checking it over one last time, strapped his tail on and pulled on his gloves, twisting the throttle and feeling the kick. Yeah. This was better. He was home now.

Victor: As he pulled out of the lot - slowly - he sighed. Maybe he should go and see Rahne and Marie now. He'd already left it too long and....well. Kinda proven how much of a wanker he really was. But that didn't mean he couldn't take the long way home. It had been a while since he'd seen his baby, after all, and they needed to get reacquainted.
ImageImage

Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Scumfish »

Rahne: Rahne shoved her hands into her pockets as she made her way down the corridor back to Marie's room after slipping out for a quiet smoke while her baby was asleep. Her sense of smell was still dulled from the smoke which is why she got the shock of her life when she opened the door to see no one other then Victor Creed himself with his arms foulded across the top of the incubator and his chin head resting on them, fast asleep.

Victor: Vic slowly stirred as he heard the door open, tail curling tiredly around his ankles as he cracked an eye to see Rahne silohetted in the frame. He groaned a little, looking down thruogh the plastic to his sleeping daughter before gently straightening and wincing as his back cracked. "Didn' mean t' fall asleep...." He murmured groggily, rubbing his face.

Rahne: "You finally decided to grace us with your presence? We're honoured," Rahne said in a voice dripping with distaste, "or was it just you hate being around me so much that you can only bare to see your daughter when I'm out?" She was pissed with him, but she had every right to be, this was the first time he'd come down to see Marie since he'd arrived.

Victor: "Not hate." Vic sat back, looking at his girl. He nudged the big duffel bag under the incubator with his foot. "Th' stuff I promised y' both. Shoulda come given it t' ya before but after what y' said...." He shrugged, before leaning forward and pressing two long fingers against the plastic of the incubator. "She's beautiful, Rahne. Ain' seen her this asleep before."

Rahne: "Well, she's getting bigger, should be strong enough to come home soon, and when I say home I mean Remy's and I ain't paying rent with my body okay?" She snapped, folding her arms, "I would have thought you'd be able to smell there's nothing between us." She looked down at the bag, "She likes the mouse by the way, cuddles up to it sometimes ..."

Victor: "Save it." Vic sighed, not looking up at her. "Already talked it out wit' Remy an' had Rogue on my flamin' back. I'm sorry, I shouldn'ta jumped t' conclusions." He kept his eyes fixed on his daughter, voice level and calm. "I ain' here t' have another figh', Rahne. I'm here t' talk. I'm glad Rem's lookin' after ya, I really am." Gently he put a hand into the incubator and stroked a tiny hand, smiling as Marie squirmed a little in her sleep.

Victor: "She does?" He asked quietly. "Heh. Though' she'd prefer a newer toy or summat....used t' love that thing."

Rahne: "Yeah, Remy said, I just wanted to make it crystal clear that no one was pissing on your tree and they won't be for a while if ever," she looked down at Marie and the toy, "well, guess it's really cuddly or something since it's already been pre-squished."

Rahne: "So ... you wanna talk, so talk." She gave another shrug.

Victor: "Oh please, Rahne." Vic glanced up at her then, knowing she wouldn't be able to tell. "Don' think of y'self like tha'. I'm a crazy bastard righ' now, that's all. Y're free t' do what the hell you please." And that really hurt to say, despite what he'd done with Cess. In fact, that just made it worse. He kept his eyes on the baby. "Y' wanted answers, righ'? I'll try an' answer as honest as I can. Jus'....no shoutin' this time."

Rahne: "Yeah, you must be to think i'm still your pet," she closed her eyes and took a deep breath, "Why did you leave? And I want a real fucking answer this time, not just lame-ass excuses you thought up, okay otherwise I will start to shout again."

Victor: "Look, Rahne, just fuckin' leave it, wouldja?" Vic closed his eyes and leant his forehead against the warm plastic, thinking for a moment. "Alrigh'. I wanna make somethin' clear. I didn' leave because of ya. You were....wonderful, I couldn'ta asked f' a better girl, Rahne." He breathed out, misting the clear surface. "Nothin' was your fault. Got tha'?"

Victor: "I guess if y' wanna understan' what I said the other day y're gonna hafta bear wit' me." He smiled a little humourlessly. "I've been doin' drugs - hard, nasty drugs - fer a very long time, Rahne. Stopped fer a while when I went int' nick an' Black Air an' started when y' died, then stopped fer a bit when ya came back, but apar' from tha' I've bin doin' em since I was a kid." He shifted back. "I was wrong, it turns ou'."

Victor: "I can get addicted t' it. At leas' mentally. An' that's what happened, really. 'Cause I was usin' it so much wit' ya, I ended up a crackhead an' Rahne, I was takin' ya down wit' me." Vic bit his lip. "Add t' that th' fact I was screwin' myself int' a ball wit' the nigh'mares....an' then Rogue hadta do that t' me." He shuddered, remembering the fear when he found out. "She didn' ask, jus' took. That was wha' did it, at th' end of th' day."

Victor: "Nothin' t' do wit' ya. The only thing y' did wrong was get curious an' get involved wit' me."

Rahne: "So?" Rahne bit her lip, "I could get that as being and excuse for wanting a break, maybe pushing the date back a bit but ... fucking hell Victor, you fucking left in the middle of the night without a fucking work, leaving a letter saying you couldn't get married and you fucking ring behind! Why did you have to do that!?" she could feel her voice starting to climb again and quieted down, "Why couldn't we have at least talked about it?"

Victor: "Because I was crazy, off my head fr'm drugs." Vic sat back and looked Rahne solidly in the eyes. "Y' shoul' at least understan' that, Rahne. An' I know I did it wrong - 'least, I know now. Seemed th' best idea at th' time." He dropped his gaze. "Always does, don't it? An' I'm good at runnin'." He swallowed the bitter tone at that. "I wish - wish all t' fuck - that I coul' take back what I did. But I can'."

Rahne: "No, you can't, niether of us can and she'd the one," she nodded at the incubator, "who has to live with it ... it's just ... I-I gotta know ... did you ever really love me? At all, or was I just conveniant?" She said quietly, looking away quickly, not trusting herself.

Victor: "Did? Rahne, I still do." Vic pulled his hand out of the incubator. "That's why it hurts, doin' what I did an' knowin' how badly I fucked up. Y're the only one f' me. Sure, I migh' have the occasional screw, migh' mess aroun' but I'll never have anyone else. I don' wan' anyone else." He looked down so that she wouldn't see the tears, keeping his voice even.

Victor: "Don' get me wrong. I ain' kiddin' myself. I know y' don' wan' me aroun' and yer only puttin' up wit' me fer th' sake of Marie, but I told y' I'd answer honestly. Owe y' that much." He looked at Marie. "An' her."

Rahne: Rahne sighed, "I don't even know if I can believe that, but I never stopped loving you, if I had I ... this wouldn't be hurting me so much. I thought I knew you Victor, but obviously I didn't." She rubbed at her eye.

Victor: "Y'd be able t' tell if I was." Vic shrugged, feeling a little drained. He sucked in a breath at what she said. "Y' do? I thought....heh, not tha' it matters." He shook his head. "Funny thing is, I though' I knew me too. Didn' think I was like tha'. Thought I was doin' the righ' thing. But now I look back an'....I did this a lot. When I was on th' run. Guess I never saw it though, 'cause I wasn' attached."

Victor: "An' now....I feel like I don' know myself at all any more." He sighed, leaning his head against the incubator and closing his eyes. "I mean, followin' in father-dear's footsteps an' all. Guess he was righ', I am like him."

Rahne: "Yeah, you are in some ways, but you havn't sexually assulted anyone so you're quite a way away from his level of frothing at the brain," she looked back at him and Marie, "You know, I was starting to think that maybe you were one of these guys who's idea of being and involved father was throwing money at the kid."

Victor: Vic winced visibly as she agreed with him, but then again, he was right. "Yeah. Remin' me t' go drown myself if I get tha' bad." He smiled humourlessly. "Tell ya th' truth, part o' me wanted t' do tha'. Like I said, good at runnin'. Rem kinda beat some sense int' me an' I guess Rogue helped t', an'....I did a lotta thinkin'." An' prayin', but I can keep that quiet. He looked at Marie. "A kid's not summat I can fuck abou' wit'."

Victor: "Figured if y' were willin' t' put up wit' me fer her sake then I was gonna pull my shit t'gether f' her too. I can' jus'....leave y' to it. She's my daughter too." Vic sighed. "I ain' ready fer this an' righ' now I ain' stable enough up here," he tapped his head "but tha' don' matter. She's here an' I'll do anythin' fer the pair of ya."

Rahne: "All that matter's is Marie and we should at least be civil and sensible for her sakes, if it was just me I wouldn't even be in the same room as you but ..." she shrugged, "you are her father. So yeah, we need to get this shit sorted, so first, would you be happier if we spent time with her separetly? Like joint custody type thing?"

Victor: "Surprised y'd trust me wit' her alone." Vic chuckled, though there wasn't anything behind it. "I ain' fussed, Rahne. I jus' wanna be able t' see my - our - girl. I'd....like t' be allowed t' see her alone, if y're alrigh' wit' it." He hesitated, debating telling her about the feral problem. She hadn't asked why he'd punched Remy yet, so maybe he wouldn't have to.... "Y're gonna get a lot of time wit' her when I go back anyway."

Rahne: "So you want alone time with her? Okay, guess I could use a break if nothing else," she unfolded her arms and pushed herself up from the door, "You want me to leave then?" So much for what Remy had said, but if Victor didn't want to be with her when he was with Marie that was his buisness, couldn't really blame him, they had too much history after all.

Victor: "What, now? Thought y' wanted answers." Vic looked up at her. A big part of him wanted her to leave but at the same time....wanted her to stay. Even this was better then the months of silence. "Besides, there's only so long I c'n stare at a sleepin' baby. Stay, Rahne. If she wakes up, I'll sort her but....if we're gonna do this then we better get used t' bein' aroun' each other again."

Rahne: Rahne frowned, "But ... I thought you wanted to have time seperatly?" she asked, "As in you don't want me around when she's with you and vis-versa."

Victor: Vic shrugged. "We aren' gonna be able t' avoid each other, Rahne. An' I didn' say I wanted tha' exclusively. What sorta family is tha' fer her? Shipped from one t' another? I've made enough of a mess as it is." He ran his hand through his hair. "I grew up wit'out a father an' now I'm puttin' another kid through tha'. Let's jus' do what we can, yeah? Nothin' wrong wit' some alone time but....there hasta be some....'family' time too."

Rahne: Rahne's face twisted slightly at the word 'family' but she didn't say anything, "Okay, fair enough," she came into the room and sat down on her bed and looked down at her feet, trying to think of something nuteral to say.

Victor: Vic sighed at the heavy silence. "How....how's she been?"

Rahne: "She's pretty bad-tempered, doesn't like being handled and she doesn't move much ... it's common for babies on withdrawal though but she'd gonna have problems when she'd older," Rahne said blankly.

Victor: "Yeah....I've seen tha'." Vic didn't want to probe any further. He'd heard enough to know and....didn't need any more then that. "Still beautiful, though. Takes after y're side a' th' genes there."

Rahne: "It'd be kinda bad if she took after you though, you'd make one hell of an ugly woman, but I can see some of you in there around the eyes an cheekbones though."

Victor: "I dunno. I'd look good in a skirt." Vic tried a smile before looking back at Marie. "Yeah? Well...at leas' she ain' got my ears or somethin'...." He stroked her arm again. "Growin' up lookin' like Dad ain' a good thing, sweetheart."

Rahne: "Niether would growing up to look like mam, people might try to set fire to her," Rahne said in a slightly hollow voice.

Victor: Vic's eyes flicked up to Rahne and he frowned. "Did tha' happen?"

Rahne: Rahne shrugged, "It's happening."

Victor: Vic's face deadened before he concentrated back on his daughter. Don' think abou' it. "Well shit."

Rahne: "Yeah, but shit happens, at least it's not happening to us here."

Victor: "No. That's a blessin' at leas'." Vic shifted. "No one treats me like a mutan' in Afghan either. Did at th' beginnin' but now it's jus'....I'm Corpsy, or Tigre, y' know? It's....nice, t' jus' be accepted like tha'."

Rahne: "A soilders a soilder, can't afford to take the piss too much out of someone who might have to save your life one day right?"

Victor: "Yeah, somethin' like tha'." Vic nodded. "Made a few frien's at least. An' got adopted by a sarge too." He chuckled a little. "Think he's tryna carve me int' his own image. I made corporal already, not sure if I wanna be any higher, 'cause then I hafta deal wit' ruperts."

Rahne: "Corporal huh? Well don't try giving me any orders, didn't work with Lizzie certainly won't work with you," she smirked.

Victor: "You think I'm tha' stupid?" Vic smiled, glad that they were at least talking, even if the tension was obviously still there. "Besides, I earned my stripes. An' I get t' bawl out enough grunts in Tent Town anyway."

Victor: He stayed looking at his daughter, the woman he would have married sat across the room from him and sighed. Though far from what he really wanted....for the first time in weeks, Vic thought he might actually be able to do this.

Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Esynthia »

Awwwwwwwwwww. Go Vic! Finally!! Roguey's proud :)

great instance yall. tension was very much believable. felt it while reading. LOL
ImageImage