Summer 2010: Rogue

Check out what goes on between semesters here!
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

Post by Esynthia »

Homecoming

Victor: Vic yawned, rubbing his eyes as he signed a form before sliding it back over, picking up his hat. The woman nodded, saluting him, and he returned it before putting the hat back on and smoothing down his smart blues. He hadn't slept since he'd got the phonecall two days ago.

Victor: Moving over to the luggage pickup, he waited for the two duffel bags and then slung one over his back, carrying the other. Only one was full of clothes - and a spare uniform - the other was full of....well. Baby stuff. And things his Mama had told him to give to Rahne on pain of death.

Victor: Coffee. He needed coffee. And he needed it now, whether Anna was here or not. He made a beeline for the nearest Starbucks.

Rogue: Rogue pulled out her phone for the time just as the person ahead of her moved away from the counter. He should be here soon, but there was enough time for her to sit for a couple minutes. She passed over the magazine she wanted to buy and ordered a coffee for herself. She'd get Vic one when he got in if he wanted it. These little magazine stand type places were good about having more than just magazines for sure.

Rogue: They passed over her coffee and she slid the money over the counter before moving to grab a small table, propping her feet on the opposite chair as she flipped to the article she bought the magazine for.

Victor: Vic yawned again as he headed for the counter and then paused, smiling as he caught a very familiar scent, looking around. There she was, nose in the magazine. Coffee could wait for a few minutes. Probably. " 'Ello Anna." He grinned down at her tiredly, plonking a bag beside her with a sigh.

Rogue: Rogue was only a bit startled by the deep voice, but she looked up and gave him a broad smile. "Hey, sugah!" She put the magazine down and stood up to hug him gently around the waist. "Flight ok? Ya look nice an' like shit at tha same time," she pulled back to smile at him again, "Ah'll never know how ya pull it off. Want coffee?"

Victor: "God yes." Vic gave her a one-armed hug back. "Y' wanna know how? Coffee. Proper, black, sweet Arabic coffee. Can' get the shit over here." He let go of her, pulling the hat off with a sigh and running a hand over his ponytail. "Mind ya, tha' migh' not be helpin' the sleep, or would be if I didn' heal, an' shit, you know I'm tired because I'm talkin' total bollocks." He ended that with another yawn.

Rogue: Rogue laughed and gave him a gentle shove towards the spare chair, passing her coffee to him. "Feel tha same 'bout chicory. Remy's spoiled me." She sat down and looked him over for a few minutes, "How ya doin'? 'Sides not sleepin'..."

Victor: Vic sighed, sitting down and putting the hat on the table and closing his eyes, leaning back. "How do I feel. Well, I'm a father." He opened them, taking a gulp of coffee. "How do I feel? I...." He shrugged. "Not a fucking clue." He wouldn't meet Anna's eyes. No need to tell her.

Rogue: She sighed and leaned over, putting his bag on the other side of her chair so she could scoot her chair closer to him. Rogue looped a loose arm around his shoulders and gave the one closest to her a small kiss. "Yeah. Yeah, Ah can get that. Got any ideas yet f' when we get home? Or would ya rather Ah just shush an' let ya stew f' a bit?"

Victor: Vic let out an explosive breath. "Stew. I really don' know...." He shook his head. "It's all fucked up, an' somehow I gotta make it right but....that can wait." He pulled out his sleeves. The dress uniform was uncomfortable but expected. "Anythin' I missed? School blown up?"

Rogue: "Heh, no. Not yet... Not missed much. Ah think Ah've kept ya pretty up ta date on Myspace... Ya know Bobby an' Lorna got married back in April, um..." Rogue frowned and stole the coffee for a drink as she thought, "Nothin' Ah can think of, sugah. Car's lookin' pretty good."

Victor: "Heh. Good." Vic pulled a face at the mention of the wedding. "Good for them." He couldn't help the slightly dead tone. He was meant to be married by now. "How's....how's Rahne dealin'?"

Rogue: Rogue chewed her lip and looked away from him, "Ah wish Ah knew, sugah. Ah ain't seen her. Remy says she's alright... But he didn't offer more'n that an' Ah didn't ask... When we get back, Ah can take ya stuff ta ya room if ya wanna head down ta see her first thing."

Victor: Vic shook his head slowly. "No....I'll get settled firs'." He downed the rest of the coffee. "How's Remy?" He looked at the empty cup, before putting it down. He needed more coffee. Or sleep. God, he should have slept on the plane but he was too tense....

Rogue: "He's doin' ok." She looked back at him, "Remy always does ok." Rogue picked up the cup and went to toss it in a nearby can. "Ya want more? Ya know, we can take as long as ya need ta get home. Ah can drive five miles an hour on tha highway if ya want. Ain't nothin' that says ya gotta head there just yet. It's a lot ta swallow. But ya should probably do it sooner rather'n later, if ya want mah opinion... Puttin' it off too long might make it harder."

Victor: "I know." Vic sighed. "I jus'....I don'....I can' handle this. Not yet. i though' i still had a month'r so t' let it sink in." He felt the guilt from the rave well up and resolutely pushed it down. "I don' think it'll get any harder'n it is right now."

Rogue: "Ah know it, sugah. Ah know it." She moved up behind him and leaned over, resting her chin on his shoulder as she hugged him. "They told ya it's a gal yet? L'il baby girl. Remy says she's precious. Well, ok, he didn't say precious.." she chuckled lightly, "Cain't imagine him ever usin' that word."

Victor: "Yeah, yeah. They told me." Was in bed wit' another fuckin' woman when they did. Vic was grateful for the hug. "Makes it worse, but then what'd make this better? C'mon. Let's go find yer car 'fore I start cryin' in the airport, eh?"

Rogue: "How in tha world does it make it worse? Didn't ya want a girl?" She picked up her magazine and his bag in one hand, slipping her arm around his waist as he stood with his other bag. "Yeah, didn't figure y'all'd ride bitch on mah bike," she winked at him.

Victor: "I ride bitch for no one." Vic smiled tiredly. "And I wanted one. Badly. Wit' Rahne. That's what makes it worse." He bit a lip, wiping his eyes briefly and swallowing the lump, hiding his expression by putting his cap back on. "Fuckin' drugs." He muttered.

Rogue: Rogue's step faltered a bit as she heard him, but didn't say anything about it yet. "Ah can get that a bit, Ah guess. But ya still got what ya wanted, even if it wasn't how ya wanted it... So there's a silver linin' in there." She detatched herself from him so she could dig in her pocket for the keys once they got to the lot. She popped the trunk and put his bag inside, frowning as she heard a squeak, then looking up at him with an amused smile.

Victor: Vic shrugged, tossing the other bag in the boot too. "I guess." He took off the hat and opened the passenger door. Too tired to drive anyway. "Yeah, one of those bags is shit-stuffed with kid stuff." He came back round, opened the bag and pulled out a well-chewed, almost thread-bare giant rat whose face and tail were scarred with sewn-up rips. "This....is Mouthy." He smiled a little, doing up the bag again.

Victor: He squeezed it a little. "Was mine. Gonna give it to th' kid, if Rahne lets me."

Rogue: Rogue smiled at him and reached up to tuck a strand of his hair behind his ear, "That's real sweet, Vickerz. Ah'm sure she'll let ya. It's cute." She reached down to touch its head gently, "Looks loved f' sure. Ah'm sure ya baby'll love it too." She gave him a tighter hug and rubbed his back a little before pulling back, "C'mon, let's get home, huh?"

Victor: Vic resisted the jerk back at the hand. "Yeah." He tried a smile. "Think I migh' go see her straigh' after." He looked down at the rat and then got into the car. What a homecoming.
ImageImage

Remy: he feels lust for everyone
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Fly-by

Post by Esynthia »

Sam: Sam walked across the lawn, having made successful touchdown. His brother may tease that he looked like a drunk guy trying to do swan lake when he landed, but hell, he landed on two feet and no face, so he was considering that a vast success. His heart jumped as he saw the familiar white stripe of hair in a distant figure reclining by the pool. "Rogue!"

Rogue: Rogue jerked her head around, having to squint even through her sunglasses, but instantly beaming at the voice. She flew off the chair and over to him, "Rebel!" She tackled him, pressing her lips roughly to his, not able to stop smiling. SamSamSamSamSam!

Sam: He laughed, taking a few steps back before becoming unbalanced, tumbling back with her on top and squishing his backpack under him. After a few breathless moments he broke free and laughed. "Ah missed you too darlin'."

Rogue: Rogue laughed with him, kissing him all over his face. "Ya home!" She rose up enough to look in his eyes, putting her sunglasses on the top of her head, "How long're ya able ta stay?" She didn't give him enough time to answer before kissing him again then trailing her kisses down his neck so he could.

Sam: "A few days. Ah got some time off for hard work." He grinned at her and half sat up. "And Ah told you Ah'd be up to visit. How's your summer goin'?"

Rogue: "Borin'. Ah miss y'all," she pouted some. "Ah'm glad ya can stay here f' a bit. Neena's gettin' kicked ta Ben's room," she put her finger to his lips gently, "Y'all're sleepin' with me, no arguements allowed." Rogue grinned at him then hugged his neck, pressing her cheek to his as she closed her eyes and breathed him in, content for the moment.

Sam: He hugged her back, puffting at her hair as it tickled his nose. "So everythin' looks pretty much the same. You keepin' outta trouble?" He gave her a goofy grin.

Rogue: "Of course Ah ain't keepin' outta trouble. This is me we're talkin' 'bout, sugah," she winked at him and stood up, offering him a hand. "Y'all keepin' outta trouble? Have an ok flight? Nobody caught ya, right?" And there she went, worry flooding over her teasing demeanor.

Sam: "Nobody caught me but a few birds that Ah swear Ah scared the crap outta. Ah managed not to run them over so it wasn't that bad. And Ah don't see where Ah'd have the time to get into trouble - mah parents went and put an extra field in durin' the spring, and whoo boy is it a lotta extra work. The money'll come in handy for them though - Ah may be gettin' free schoolin', but there are still others to consider."

Rogue: Rogue had to laugh, "Ah'll just bet ya scared 'em. Scared a few mahself." She slid her arms around his waist and rested her face on his shoulder for a moment, "Ah'm so glad ya have tha time ta come home. Not sure Ah'm gonna let ya leave now," she smirked.

Rogue: "Yeah, ya siblin's ain't mutants, right? Or at least not that we know of," she winked at him.

Sam: "Nope. So no more free rides, but Ah don't think that mah parents are unhappy about that. As for stayin' here, Ah'd love to, but mah parents would surely have mah hide then." He craned around, looking at her. "So what's new here? There's a lotta people stayin' this year, isn't there?"

Rogue: "Yeah, there are. It's kinda nice, but definitely weird. Ain't usual at all..." She slid her hands down to hold his, smiling at him, a bit uncertain. "Vic's home too... Rahne had tha baby seven weeks early."

Sam: "Yeah you mentioned Vic." He said a little quietly, before he shook his head. "Wait, Rahne had it? Is it alright?"

Rogue: "Yeah, it's alright. Ah haven't seen 'er mahself, but Remy says she's real tiny..." She squeezed his hands gently then slipped back in to hold him for a minute, "She was real mad at me when we were settin' up graduation. Not like that's anythin' unusual, but... She made a remark 'bout maybe Ah should just take tha baby." She sighed and closed her eyes, "Heaven help me, Ah wanted ta say ok but think Vic might have a problem with it..."

Rogue: She looked up at him with a small girn, "An' y'all too. But Ah know she was just sayin' it 'cause she was angry..."

Sam: "Wait. Y' wanna adopt Rahne's baby?" This was moving very quickly. "Ah...it's just a lot, hey? Ah'm glad she's alright though. Little girl?" He gave her a small smile. The idea of kids honestly freaked the living hell out of him. At eighteen it was a lot to think about.

Rogue: "No. Ah don't. Well, Ah do, but... Ah dunno how ta explain it. Think it just tugged at me a bit 'cause Ah cain't have one... An' if she's just gonna give it up, it ain't really fair, ya know? She was bein' so hateful 'bout her, just made me ache." She bit her lip, "Ah wouldn't seriously consider it, sugah. Ah know Vic wants her even if Rahne don't."

Sam: Rubbing her back he tried to soothe her. "Ah imagine it would be hard to see a momma so damn upset an' angry like that. Ah hope she can get over that - be a shame for the baby." He gave her a smile. "Ah think you'd do a good job though - but yeah, it's a bit early an' things for you, ain't it?"

Rogue: "Don't matter how good Ah'd do. Babies need ta be held an' kissed an' touched. Ah cain't do that safely. Not in tha way they need." She gave him a small smile, "Ah hope she can too. Ah think she'd be a great mama if she set her mind to it. She's great with Duncan. Ain't seen her with Johnny much, but she's alright with him too."

Sam: "Well, her life has been a bit screwy lately. As you said, hopefully she can get over that." He took her hand and tugged on it to lead her across the lawn. "So...we have a few days. What did you wanna do? Ah've saved up - we can do whatever you want darlin'."

Rogue: "Well first of all, Ah don't want y'all ta have ta use all ya money. Ah got some too, ya know." She smiled at him and lifted his hand to her mouth to kiss the back of it. "Maybe ta start off with we could take a shower... Welcome ya home properly, just tha two of us," she gave him a wicked grin. "Then maybe we can go out an' grab some food? Catch a movie?"

Sam: "Ah'm suspectin' the way you have showers with me that it'll be a late dinner." He'd managed to supress most of his blush, but none of his grin. "But yeah, that sounds nice. Just mellow. Ah'm just happy to be seein' you."

Rogue: "Wouldn't be very much like me if Ah didn't shower with ya like Ah do," her grin grew. "Oh yeah? How happy," she winked then laughed, "Ah'm just teasin', Rebel. Ah love you," she leaned in to kiss his neck.

Sam: "I love you too." He picked her up and swung her around. "Oh! Hey! I pretty much got landin's down now."

Rogue: Rogue laughed and clung onto him with a small squeal of delight. When she heard what he said next it was her turn to pick him up. "Really?! That's so great, Sam!"

Rogue: Rogue put him down and kissed him, holding his cheeks in her hands. "Ah did notice ya didn't have any dirt on ya face."

Sam: Jeeze, he was glad the guys back home couldn't see this. He liked the sentiment though. "Yeah, well, practice makes perfect, hey?"

Rogue: "It sure does, Rebel." She grinned at him, a twinkle in her emerald eyes as she met his, "Think we should practice somethin' else soon."

Sam: Ducking his head, he gave her a shy smile again. "I'm sure that'd be a lot of fun. You sure that your roommate won't mind? Ah mean, we're always imposin'"

Rogue: "Darlin'," Rogue mock chided, "She's probably busy with Ben anyhow. An' she's still workin' off usin' mah bike." She pressed her lips to his slowly and slid her hands to knot in his hair. "Maybe we could take a boat out on tha lake tanight... Have a picnic tamorrow? Ah'm callin' Lil an' tellin' her Ah ain't workin' f' tha next few days."

Sam: "Yeah, that does sound fun. And that'd be great if you could have the time off." They were near enough to the pool now for him to see her drink and scoop it, taking a sip himself. He was a bit hot after all that flying. "So you just been sunbathin' today?"

Rogue: "Yep," she smiled at him, "An' Ah think Ah deserve tha time off... An' she cain't fire me. Ah'm too good f' business," she laughed and gave him a wink. "We could go up ta tha roof an' sunbathe tagether," her eyes twinkled a bit, "Full sunbathin'... Cain't have tanlines after all."

Sam: He didn't really want to think about how she was good for business. Her suggestion did make him go red, but not with the sun. Setting the glass down he wrapped his arms around her tightly. "Ah dunno about that. Ah'm pretty hot actually." He took a couple steps forward, working her backwards.

Rogue: "Sam," her eyes went a bit wide and her voice held a hint of worry. "What're ya doin'?" Rogue held onto him tighter as she heard the pool's water lapping get a bit louder with each step. "Saaam," she said again. "Last time Ah got dumped in tha pool Ah ran off... Sure ya wanna test that again?" She was bluffing and knew he knew it, but she had to try.

Sam: "Well...that's true. But you did say you wanted a bath together, right?" He gave her a grin. "And you freaked more cause you couldn't touch no one - right? You can touch me just fine, Marie."

Rogue: Rogue couldn't stop laughing and she knew it was all her nerves. "Ah meant naked. In mah bathroom." She managed to step out of her flip-flops at least, smirking when Sam stepped on one of them. "Yeah, Ah can," she grinned, "Thanks f' tha reminder." Rogue reached up and slid his pack off his back, letting it fall to the ground as he kept pushing her, her hands slid quickly over his back and she smacked his rear hard with both hands.

Sam: Yelping he picked her up and jumped, glad she'd thought to keep the rest of his clothes dry. The water closed over the pair of them and he kicked upwards, shaking his head as he broke the surface of the water. "Oh man, that feels so dang good."

Rogue: Rogue shrieked and took a breath just in time. When he pulled them up she smacked his chest and pushed away from him, treading water as she mock-glared, a dangerous smirk in place. "Good? No, Rebel. This is fuckin' cold." She dove at him and pressed down on his shoulders to dunk him for a few seconds before swimming towards the diving board and jumping up to hold on to it.

Sam: Laughing at her fiestyness he grinned. "But it was hot today, you gotta admit. And maybe it's a bit nicer for me, given that Ah got pretty hot, blastin' all the way here." He lazily paddled over to see her. "It's warmer than the lake."

Rogue: Rogue rolled her eyes a bit, "Ah never said we'd go swimmin' if we took that boat ride." She kicked out at him lightly. "Wish Ah'd absorbed Bobby 'fore y'all got here... Then Ah'd not be bothered by tha cold an' Ah could make y'all freeze ya balls off."

Rogue: "Figuratively speakin' of course," she added with a wry grin.

Sam: He gave her a horrified face in jest. "Ah would hope so! Ah think things would get a bit awkward without them."

Rogue: "Oh, Sammy. Tell me ya ain't sayin' ya'd not still mess 'round without 'em," she gave him a dose of her big green puppy eyes. "Ya know that don't matter ta me all that much."

Sam: He blushed again. "Well..if you froze them though woul...oh hell." He splashed her. "You done teasin' the hell outta me?" Dunking again, he shook the hair better out of his eyes.

Rogue: Rogue squeaked at the splash then laughed, letting go of the board to tackle him, wrapping her legs around his waist as she caught his lips with hers. "Never," she murmured before kissing him again and flying them above the water.

Rogue: She smirked, "Ya ready, sugah?" Rogue held on tight with her legs as she let go slowly with her arms, then suddenly released her legs, letting him fall a bit before catching him again with a laugh.

Sam: "You really are cruisin'. But you forget you ain't the only one that can fly here, even if you're the only one outta the two of us that can bench 400 pounds."

Rogue: "More'n that, darlin'. That's like a paperweight ta me," she let her grin grow slowly wider and she lowered him about two feet over the water and let go as she blew him a kiss.

Sam: He dropped with a splash in there, getting water up his nose, and promptly blasted right back out, heaving even more of a load of water out, accompanied by steam. "Oh, you know what Ah'm gonna do now? Find some nice place t' drip on." He hollered as he shot past.

Rogue: Rogue let out a squealing laugh as he rose above her and got her even more wet. She flew away from him a bit but he followed her, so she rose up to be level with him, following him each time he tried to get above her, laughing all the way. "Oh, no ya don't. Not taday, Guthrie." She wrapped around him again and gave him a deep, passionate kiss. "Ya know, Ah've heard sex is fun in tha water," she tested a bit.

Sam: "Uh. We're not in the water." He looked down at the itty bitty blue dot that was the mansion pool.

Rogue: "Not at tha moment." She had a thought and her face lit up a bit more, "Flyin' could be fun, too..." She kissed his neck, "Sex while flyin'... Ah bet other people've done it. Sure it ain't impossible. We should try it since we're both fliers."

Sam: "Marie...mah legs are basically on fire. Ah dunno if that sorta thing is a good idea. Besides which, ah can't imagine how awkward that'd be...like what - do we fly naked? Where the heck do we land then? And uh...what about the side effects?" He was a big boy. He could have this sort of conversation.

Rogue: "Then Ah'd be tha one doin' tha flyin' if ya that worried 'bout it. Y'all's fire don't hurt either of us. An' we could strip somewhere secluded, land in that place an' get dressed 'gain... But... Ah mean, there's ways ta have sex without gettin' fully naked. Though Ah reckon it ain't as fun." She kissed his neck, "Side effects?"

Sam: "Um..." Ok now he was really really red. "What we'd do with stuff after...and uh...stuff that might..." He made a face and looked to the heavens for inspiration. "Leak?"

Rogue: Marie smirked as she mouthed at his neck, "Leak, sugah? Guess we'd just let it leak." She was highly surprised he wasn't steering the conversation elsewhere but she wasn't about to let him know. That might give him the opening to change the subject.

Sam: He smacked a hand over his face and stopped blasting, letting them hang suspended under her power alone. "What is some poor family gonna think about that? Ah can just see it like...landin' on Father Wagner's car or somethin'. Ah'm pretty sure that'd be sacraligious or somethin'."

Rogue: Rogue had to laugh out loud at that mental picture as she tightened her hold on him to support him also. "So then we fly over tha woods maybe. Or through them..." She gave a shrug and nipped at his lip, not sure how to bring it up, so just spouting off with it, "But ya know... since Ah cain't get pregnant ya don't hafta... Ya know." She shrugged a bit. "An' then there's always protection. Helps with tha... leakin'."

Sam: "Ah really, really cannot believe we're havin' this conversation at over a thousand feet." He gave her a bemused look. "Suppose there's no chance of us gettin' overheard though, is there?"

Sam: Kissing her softly he brushed her face with his hand. "Ah...damn. Ah'm not sure what to say. Ah really don't think this sorta thing was what Ah had in mind...when." His ears heated up again.

Rogue: "When...what? When ya decided ta come home ta me? Or when ya decided ta dump me in tha pool?" She smirked at him and reached up to run her fingers lightly over his ears, "What're ya embarrassed 'bout, Sam? It's just me," she kissed him gently and gave him a warm smile. "Just ya Marie."

Sam: "Ah know. If Ah was havin' this conversation with anyone else Ah woulda had a heartattack an' died by now."

Rogue: "Ah doubt it... Think if ya'd been with someone else 'sides me ya woulda had this conversation at some point."

Sam: "Ah dunno about that." He put his hands in her hair, ruffling in the upper reach breezes. "Ah ain't ever felt the way Ah feel about you Marie."

Rogue: Rogue felt herself blush and she couldn't surpress a small giggle. "Ya never know what coulda happened if Ah didn't come back though, ya know." She met his eyes, "Coulda been someone else ya'd be flyin' with right now. Glad it ain't though."

Sam: "Nah, Ah was so sweet on you Ah think Ah woulda waited a long time for you to come back, Marie. Ah never did have eyes for any other girl here. Ah mean, they're nice and all...but Ah just didn't."

Rogue: Anna about beamed at that, "Really? Ya wouldn'ta gone with anybody else if Ah'd stayed gone f' a while?" She caressed his cheek for a moment before giving him a deep kiss. "That's amazin' ta me."

Sam: "Why? You had to know Ah had a crush on you - right? Ah mean, Ah don't think anyone here didn't know...when you were gone they were all talkin' to me about it."

Rogue: "Yeah, but it was just a crush... Didn't realize ya were so sweet on me." She gave him another soft kiss and spun them in a circle, "Were they? Ah'm sorry... Musta been hard since ya were crushin' so bad. People keep bringin' it up makes it hard ta get over, ya know?"

Sam: "Yeah, well and we were worried about you." His hand tightened on her, sliding down to cup her neck. "Ah don't know what Ah'd do if Ah had to go through that again. Ah was worried sick."

Rogue: "Yeah?" Rogue frowned at him, "Y'all weren't even all that close with me yet... Ah mean, sure we were friends, but... wasn't nothin' like we are now or what Ah got with some o' mah other friends... Hadn't had time ta get that close, really..." She chewed her lip, "Ah'm sorry Ah worried ya so." Rogue lowered them to the ground and hugged him tight, pressing herself against him as much as possible.

Sam: He hugged her tightly to him. "Yeah, well, it wasn't like love or somethin'. Ah just knew you were someone really special - and someone that'd made a big dent in mah life. Didn't wanna lose that. Wasn't hard fallin' for you though."

Rogue: That surprised her a bit, "How in tha world had a made a big dent in ya life so early on?" She smirked, "'Less ya were already thinkin' 'bout me late at night when ya were all alone," she winked and gave a chuckle. "Gotta admit, sugah. Was hard fallin' f' y'all... But only 'cause Ah wouldn't let mahself. Fought mahself every step o' tha way."

Sam: His eyes widened a bit and he looked guiltily at his feet. "Um. Well. You were just so kind and all. Ah was nervous comin' here and you made it easy."

Rogue: Rogue giggled and bent under his head to kiss him softly, "Ah was just teasin', sugah. Ah'm glad Ah made it easier on ya. Wasn't all that hard seein' as how ya caught mah attention first thing. Then tha fact that ya spoke like me... Didn't feel as alone," she winked again.

Sam: He kissed her back on her nose. "Ah'm glad it was mah accent that caught your attention. Lord knows it couldn't be somethin' like looks or brains - it's that Ah sound funny." Teasing her he gave her a tickle and then snuggled closer.

Rogue: Rogue giggled and reached up to rub the back of his head, fingers catching in his wet hair a little. "Sound sexy. Not funny. Get it right, Rebel," she held him tight and let out a content sight. "Lord also knows that it was ya looks that first caught mah attention, ya accent that hooked me, an' ya compassion that kept me 'round."

Sam: He didn't really know what else to say to that, and there were certain complications that came with standing pressed up against your girlfriend who you hadn't seen for a while. Especially if she was in a wet shirt. "Um, you wanna have that shower now?"

Rogue: She gave him a broad grin and kissed him quick and passionately before tearing away from him with a laugh, scooping up their stuff on her way to the door. "Wanted ta have that shower second Ah saw ya."

[Edited on 12/31/2009 by Esynthia]
ImageImage

Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Ben's An Idiot

Post by Esynthia »

Benny: Ben punched in her digits and climbed to the top of the incredibly tall pine tree. He wasn't sure if it was one of those really huge ones he hears about so often, but he knew it was a fucking big ass tree, and he'd still get good reception as well as be far enough from Neena that he could get away with calling Rogue.

Benny: He had to tell her, he couldn't hold it in any longer.

Rogue: Rogue snuggled closer into Sam and smiled as she kissed his chest. Her eyes shifted to the clock and she screwed up her nose, knowing they should probably go down and find dinner, but not wanting to move from her bed.

Rogue: He held her a bit tighter and she took that as her cue to close her eyes and let out a content sigh...Just as her phone went off. She groaned and he frowned when she moved, but she rolled over to pick it up anyway. "This better be good."

Benny: "Oh it's freakin great!" Ben roared, the top of the pine tree swaying a little as the wind picked up. He slithered down below some of the branches so as not to tempt the sturdiness.

Benny: "I'm in California!" He said happily.

Rogue: "No fuckin' kiddin'. Ah'm in mah room. Without a roommate... An' a boyfriend visitin'," she said, a bit irritated. "That ain't good 'nough, Ben." She hung up and tossed her phone back to her nightstand before rolling back over to Sam. "Sleep is good," she muttered following a quiet laugh from him.

Benny: Ben rolled his eyes and punched the digits in again, allowing it to ring.

Rogue: Rogue made a frustrated noise and reached behind her without rolling over or even opening her eyes. She put the phone to her ear and gave a low growl before saying anything, "What, Ben? Ah said good. Not somethin' Ah already knew."

Benny: "Did you know that I proposed to Neena before we left?" Ben asked, biting his lip and hoping Rachel hadn't told her yet. Or Josh.

Rogue: "No, Ah didn't. Ya couldn'ta said that 'fore 'Ah'm in California'? Ah said good. That would've been fine. Ah'm in Cali ain't fine." She sighed and pushed to sit up after giving Sam a kiss. "Ah'm guessin' she said yes since ya in Cali."

Benny: "This state" Ben exclaimed loudly "is almost, almost as beautiful, as my beloved Neena!" He looked to the ground quickly to make sure no one was near by. Thankfully Neena and her friends were still at the shopping plaza. Of course.

Benny: "Her friends however; are insane! They wall want me to buy her this hugely expensive ring, and I just don't have the money right now!"

Benny: "I'm thinking of going to see my Aunt for a loan..." He grumbled. "And yeah, her family was not happy to hear this. Well... not all of them."

Rogue: "Ben?" Rogue waited for a noise of acknowledgement, "Lower ya voice, please. Ah ain't deaf." She took a deep breath, "Of course they want ya ta buy her an expensive ring. They want tha best f' her. An' ta be honest, Ah think ya shoulda waited ta propose anyhow. Ya ain't got tha money f' it." She laid back down, resting her head on Sam's chest as he wrapped her in his arms, staying quiet so she could talk.

Rogue: "An' of course her family ain't happy. Y'all're still young. An' gettin' married now means gettin' registered."

Benny: Ben's eyes flashed open. "Oh, shit." He had totally forgotten about that. "...Crap. Well... good think we're looking at a super long engagement."

Benny: "And, yeah it was sort of impulse." He said shrugging. "It just hit me, this realization that I didn't want to spend another day without her, and certainly not with anyone else. You know what I mean? I just look into her eyes and I see our future sometimes. You ever get that with Sam?"

Rogue: Rogue was glad Sam couldn't hear the half of the conversation going into her ear. "Um, no, not really. Ah try not ta think that way." The future still scared her, why would she want to see it at all? "Shouldn't always follow ya impluses, hun."

Benny: "I'm so happy though Rogue! I had to tell you.... but you can't tell anyone else. Just you, Josh, and Rae know now. Neena doesn't want anyone else. To be honest I don't think she wanted you to know either." He played it off as if he was un-sure when he knew perfectly damn well she had flat out said "No, not Rogue."

Rogue: Rogue frowned, "Why would she not want me ta know?" She already thought she knew the answer to that, though. The entire idea made Rogue want to squirm.

Benny: "I'm not really sure. She seems to want to keep it under wraps until I get a ring, though I have a sneaking suspicion it might have something to do with our previous history. Which, no offense, wasn't even crossing my mind when I thought of telling you, nor has it been for quite some time." He nearly danced as he said the next part. "I love her soooo much!"

Rogue: "Heh. No, Ah have no issues with y'all gettin' hitched 'cause o' our previous history, sugah." She smiled and snuggled into Sam, "None at all." Rogue kissed Sam's chest again. "Ah know ya do, hun, but ya really should think through things more... Ya got a habit o' not doin' that.."

Benny: "Yeah, but for once, I'm totally confident of this decision. I've never wanted anything more, and naturally, she feels the same. We're going to draw out the engagement as long as possible, don't worry. And you'll be at the top of our invite list." He smiled. "And our favorite Academy Award is going to be my Best man. And if he won't do it I'll have his girlfriend make him."

Rogue: Rogue had to laugh a bit, "Thanks.. Ah think." She shook her head and let the laugh fade to a smirk. "Ya could always have her be ya best man if he won't. Ah was Bobby's."

Benny: "Rachel would probably do it too..." Ben thought fondly. "But, I really do want Josh. I'd rather make Rachel the flower girl." Ben snickered at the idea of Rachel tossing flower pedals to the floor down a church aisle.

Rogue: Rogue arched an eyebrow, "Ben, y'all know better'n ta ask her ta do that. There's no way in hell she'd say yes. She'd probably hit ya first."

Benny: "That may be true but the image in my head is hilarious!" he cackled. "I could ask her, if Josh doesn't want to. And how awkward was the bachelor party for you?" Ben asked, eyebrow up. "I mean, hell, I can't imagine Rachel coming up with a bachelor party for me... at least not a safe one."

Rogue: "Heh... Well, we didn't really get that far 'fore Bobby an' Lorna kidnapped me an' Liz an' sprung an elopement on us. Think they only took me 'cause Bobby knows Ah woulda killed him 'cause he knows how mad Ah was 'bout Remy doin' it." She smirked, "But Ah had some good plans comin' tagether."

Benny: "How is everyone back home?" Ben asked. "How's Sam? Or should I say, how're you and Sam?"

Rogue: "Everybody's... crazy, Ah guess... Vic's home. Rahne had tha baby seven weeks early..." She smiled, "We're absolutely wonderful," she paused to give Sam a lingering kiss. "Even though he has ta leave again soon," she added with a frown.

Benny: "Wait, wait... Rahne had the baby? Wow! How is she?"

Rogue: "Not sure. Remy says she's doin' ok. Vic ain't really up f' visitors at tha moment though Ah think he'd let me in if Ah tried..." She winced at the grunt from Sam, "But Ah'm gonna leave him be f' a bit. Ain't allowed ta go see tha baby just yet... It's a baby girl an' she's real tiny... Remy says she's havin' ta be kept in an incubator... But she should be alright."

Benny: "Aww... I'm glad Remy's there to help out. How's he holding up lately?"

Rogue: "Doin' good. Think tha baby bein' born's helped him even more'n just helpin' Rahne did f' him. Johnny's real excited ta see tha baby, but he cain't yet." She smiled a bit and snuggled closer to Sam, "Look, as much as Ah don't really approve of ya impulse poppin' tha question... Congratulations, hun."

Benny: "Hey, thanks Rogue. I know it doesn't seem like a good idea, but I promise, it's the best thing I've ever done." He watched the skyline and realized it was about time he headed back.

Benny: "Okay, I gotta go have another talk with her brother. Wish me luck okay?"

Rogue: "Luck. Ya probably gonna need it." Rogue laughed a bit, "Talk ta ya later, sugah." She held the end button on her phone to turn it off instead of just hanging up this time, then tossed her phone over onto Neena's bed. She nuzzled into Sam's neck and kissed it some before cuddling back in and closing her eyes. "Ben's an idiot," she mumbled on a chuckle as Sam pulled the blanket over them and kissed the top of her head.
ImageImage

steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

Rogue: "An' of course her family ain't happy. Y'all're still young. An' gettin' married now means gettin' registered."
Really? I thought registering is voluntary.

sweet instance though
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Esynthia »

It is... but you have to register to get the certificates. at least that was my understanding. even though registering is voluntary, if you want any kind of government document, you have to register.
ImageImage

Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Rough An' Tumble

Post by Esynthia »

Sam: She hung up the phone and put it down. He waited till she put it back in it's place before pulling her close again, snuggling into her in thier nest of warmth. The air conditioning in the school was nice, but it could feel chilly. It made snuggling that much better though.

Sam: Marie tucked herself back in against him like she was made to fit. He pushed his face in her hair and closed his eyes. "That sounded kinda crazy. What was he goin' on about?"

Rogue: "He proposed ta Neena... An' she said yes. He ain't even got money f' tha ring." Rogue sighed and ran her fingers down his chest, "He didn't think through any o' tha consequences first. An' neither did she Ah think." She looked up to give him an apologetic smile, "Sorry, sugah."

Sam: "He what? That's a big committment to be makin' to a girl he has no way of providin' for. And they barely know each other, right? They just started datin' around when we did, didn't they?" Now he knew why Marie had sounded like she had.

Rogue: "Yeah, they stared datin' only a month'r so after us. Maybe two. Ya cain't tell anybody, darlin'. Ben thinks Neena didn't even want me knowin'." She wrinkled her nose, "Ah know they love each other... But still... It's a bit soon f' that kinda thing. An' he did it on impulse. Didn't really plan it out'r nothin'."

Sam: He was very relieved to find that she didn't think that it was 'romantic' or any of that stuff. Meant he was off the hook more. "Yeah. Ah mean, what's wrong with just gettin' to know her?"

Rogue: "Well Ah know they know each other better'n we do, if ya know what Ah mean." Rogue bit her lip, "They started with that pretty early too, Ah thought. But hey, ta each his own, Ah guess..."

Sam: "Yeah." He gave her a smile and kissed her gently. "Ah'm just happy with what we're doin' and all that. Though Ah'm gonna miss you when Ah go."

Rogue: Rogue pouted and looked at him with sad eyes, "Don't go. Stay a while longer?" She kissed him back and brushed her fingers over his cheek, "Ah'm happy too, f' tha most part," she gave him a half smile.

Rogue: "When do ya think ya can come back again?"

Sam: "Maybe in a month. There's just that much work to get done, and it's hard work. Up at dawn and Ah generally don't get to stop till dinner at seven." His stomach gave a loud growl in rememberance. "And if you can believe it or not, Ah eat even more at home." He unwrapped one arm from around her and held it up, flexing. "And see? Ah'm even bulkin' up a little. So Ah guess the fresh air and exercise got somethin' for it."

Rogue: Rogue laughed and reached up to squeeze the bicep, "Ooooh, very nice, sugah." She grinned and gave him a lingering kiss, shifting to lie on him then tucked her face into the crook of his neck on a sigh, "Should we go eat somethin'? Still got a few 'till seven if ya wanna wait," she smirked again and kissed his neck.

Sam: "Oh, Ah can wait a bit. But food gives me a lotta energy, right?" He gave her a wink, impressed with himself at making a semi-lewd joke without blushing. He wouldn't have managed it infront of others, but with just her it was easier. "How about you? When can you come down and visit?"

Rogue: She gave him a broad smile and ran her fingers through his hair, "Is that right? Might should get ya fed soon then." Marie kissed him again, sucking his lip into her mouth for a teasing moment. "Whenever ya want me, sugah. Just so long as it ain't f' much longer than three'r four days. Lil'd kill me Ah think," she smirked. "An' Ah gotta work f' a week'r so after ya gone 'cause she's been so nice as ta let me off while ya been here."

Sam: "Any time is good. And Ah'm sorry you are gonna have to work so hard, but not sorry that you're here rather than there." He rolled ontop of her a bit. "Ah could take you any sorts of places. We could camp or swim or maybe even if we time it right go to a barn dance somewhere."

Rogue: "Ah ain't sorry Ah'm gonna hafta work so hard. Ah like mah job. An' it does mean Ah get ta be here with y'all." She wrapped her arms around him and grinned, "Ah'd go anywhere y'all wanted me to, sugah."

Sam: "Is that so?" He grinned. "So, ahh, you mentioned Vic and the baby and all. You been hangin' out a lot?" Well, he knew not since he got there, cause they'd been spending so much time together.

Rogue: "That's so," she kissed him gently. "Nah, not really... Haven't much seen him since we got here. Should probably go check on him soon. He wasn't doin' too well..."

Sam: "Yeah? Why not?" His hand tightened just slightly on her, but he reminded himself that they'd made promises to each other and that it was ok.

Rogue: "Well... Ah mean, what would y'all do if ya found out ya were gonna be a daddy sooner'n ya wanted ta be, an' then on top o' that, tha baby's a premie, tha mama's actin' like she hates ya, an' it's all ya fault in tha first place o' why she would." She shrugged, "It's a lot f' him ta carry..."

Sam: "Well you reap what you sow, right?" He felt rotten after that statement. Marie was friends with this guy after all and all he was doing was making it harder for her, not him. "Ah can see where he'd be a bit flumoxed, yeah. Ah'm glad that the baby's doin' alright."

Rogue: Rogue stiffened a bit and chewed her lip, "Yeah... Ah am too." She cleared her throat and gave him a kiss on the cheek, trying to shake it off. Sam had a right to not like Vic. "He thinks he's gonna be a shit dad an' everythin'... He's bein' too hard on himself. He can fix things, he just doesn't know how yet."

Sam: "Well, pretty much he has to straighten up and stop bein' an ass, right? Stop runnin' away from his responsibilities and stop partyin' and stuff like that."

Rogue: Rogue gave him a tight smile and shifted to roll out from under him, pushing to sit up. "Yeah. Pretty much."

Sam: He rested his hand on her back, sitting up beside her, knowing he'd pushed too much. Reaching for something - anything to make a subject change he leapt to the first thing to mind. "What would you do if you could go anywhere you wanted? Like, where would you wanna go?"

Rogue: Rogue frowned, startled by the sudden change of subject. "What?" She looked over at him, confused, "Where in tha world did that come from?" Taking a breath she shook her head and shrugged, "Ah dunno... Ah mean, really, Ah could go anywhere Ah wanted... Done it since Ah was twelve. Makes it easier now that Ah c'n fly though," she smirked then really thought about his question.

Rogue: "Anywhere y'all were'd be where Ah'd wanna be," she gave him a smile, knowing it was a corny answer, but it was the complete truth.

Sam: Rolling his eyes slightly he shook his head, nudging her. "Well, as much as Ah appreciate that darlin', that's not what Ah meant. If you and me could go anywhere...where would you wanna go. Ah mean anywhere...not just in the states."

Rogue: Rogue chewed her lip and frowned as she though, "Ah dunno, darlin'... Um." She brought a knee up to her chest and let her chin rest on it. "Transylvania," she said with a grin and a wink to show she was teasing. "Ah dunno darlin'. Pompeii maybe? Where would y'all wanna go?"

Sam: "Somewhere we can just be us...so somewhere remote. Just not like great white north remote...somewhere warm. You think about it - we could go anywhere. End up on a little island all to ourself. We just gotta figure out a way to bring enough food and water and stuff. Ah know you're strong, but Ah'm still figuring it would be campin' fairly rough." He laughed. "Or we could fly somewhere like you said. Ah'm figurin' we got the whole world to our fingertips like this, you know?"

Rogue: Rogue laughed and gave him a weird look, "Y'all're serious? When did this come up? We ain't got time ta do anythin' like that, sugah." She leaned over and gave him a gentle kiss, "Not that Ah don't love tha idea though..."

Sam: "Well not now maybe...but sometime if we can get a long weekend and take an extra day or two off school maybe? Heck - winters a quiet time for me and my folks - so maybe on break. It'd be nice to go somewhere warm then, wouldn't it?" He looked down for a second, a thoughtful frown starting.

Sam: "Ah really don't know how much mah power is. Ah pushed harder when Ah came here, and it wasn't nothin' to do the trip in a couple of hours. That surprised me. Ah think as Ah practice Ah'm gettin' faster. It's cool and all - but it makes me feel all a bit unsure too, y'know?"

Rogue: Rogue gave him a bit of a concerned frown and brought her hand up to caress his face, "Why, sugah? That's a good thing, right? Ya powers're gettin' more developed. Shouldn't ya be excited 'bout it?" She gave him a tiny smile, "An' somewhere warm this winter's a great idea."

Sam: "Well...Ah suppose. But they've always been a bit uncertain to me, y' know? So Ah just...it's just weird is all." Pressing a brief kiss to her lips he smiled. "Yeah. Mah parents may freak out a little - but Ah'm growin' up too, right? So Ah should get to go on a little trip. It ain't like Ah'd wanna go do anythin' really crazy."

Rogue: "Yeah. But y'all got tha hang of 'em soon enough, right? Ah mean, Ah know it's weird f' anybody when they manifest an' all of a sudden have these... powers that ya've never even known were possible," she gave a small humorless chuckle. "So them bein' weird ta ya is normal, darlin'. But Ah think it's great that they're gettin' more developed. Means ya doin' good at handlin' 'em, Ah think."

Rogue: She gave a laugh colored with real humor this time. "Crazy's what makes things fun, though." Rogue leaned in to nip at his lip, "An' if ya think 'bout doin' me, ya already wantin' ta do someone crazy," she winked and laughed again.

Sam: He was confused. "Doin' you? What do you mean?" Then he coloured. "Oh, um. Y' didn't mean that did you?"

Rogue: Rogue laughed a bit more and gave a nod, "Yes, Ah did mean that. But Ah was just teasin' ya, sugah."

Sam: "You are so bad. Mean to me." He pushed her over and tickled her sides. "Ah swear you must sit there at night and think of things."

Rogue: Rogue squealed with laughter and squirmed under his hands, "'Course not," she managed on a gasp. "Sit here durin' tha day too," she giggled and managed to get an arm around to tickle his sides.

Sam: He jerked and laughed and overbalanced and ended up tipping off the bed, dragging her off in the process. They ended up in a tangle on the floor. "Ouch. Was that you're head that hit the stand? Ah heard somethin' thunk. You ok?"

Rogue: Rogue giggled and rolled on top of him, "Yeah, it was tha side of mah head, an' yes, Ah'm ok." She shook her head and grinned, "Y'all should know that by now. Didn't really feel a thing," she poked her tongue out and gave him a kiss.

Sam: "Well Ah just..." She shut him up with another kiss. "Well - we're outta bed. Wanna get that food?"

Rogue: Rogue arched an eyebrow and smirked at him, answering him with another kiss and running her hands down his arms to lock her fingers with his. "Only if we can hurry an' get it back up here." She grinned, "Ah just thought of a better use f' tha food." She demonstrated by licking a slow line up his neck then blowing cool air on it.

Sam: "Huh? What do you mean? Ah'm rather fond of eatin' it. What other things do you do with food other than a food fight?" Which really honestly sounded like a dumb idea at this point. For one reason he wanted to eat. For another he didn't really feel the need to pelt his girlfriend with food.

Rogue: Rogue gave him a smile and kissed him again. "Sugah, we will be eatin' it... Offa each other," she smirked and got up, pulling him with her. She wrapped her arms around his waist after he was up and pressed her lips firmly to his. "Don't tell me ya ain't ever thought o' that."

Sam: "Ummm." He tried to visualize eating a baloney sandwich off of her. Or maybe a bit of biscuit with gravy. "Umm. No. Ah've not. Plates generally work pretty good...less messy."

Rogue: "Whipped cream don't sound appetizin' bein' licked offa me? Or chocolate syrup?" She sighed and shook her head. "Y'all ain't as corrupted as Ah thought. Got more work ta do with ya." Rogue gave him a lighter kiss, "C'mon, lets go eat."

Sam: "Oh! I wasn't thinkin' dessert." He laughed and got up with her. "Sounds good."
ImageImage

Love das flockige
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Love das flockige »

And so the corruption continues....:D

And will we be having a sam/rogue vacay in the future?:puppy
Support Love's business, visit Kinosei: Plushies by MG

http://plushiesbymg.wordpress.com
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Lorna: Lorna folded up the blueprints and tucked them away in her pocket as she looked around the DR. Well, they had done a pretty good job of making it as close to the real thing as possible. "So, are we clear as to what we're doing? Just sort of like...ultimate hide and seek?"

Bobby: Bobby saluted Lorna, fiddling with the zipper of his uniform. "Aye, boss lady. Makes more sense to do it with real live..." he paused to look at Moon "um, moving, targets."

Rogue: "Yes, ma'am," Rogue smirked at Bobby's salute then took a moment to look around their surroundings. "So how many seconds do we get ta count?"

Moon: Moon smiled brightly at Bobby. "Thanks for the invite. I love a good run."

Nezhno: Nezhno was feeling kinda nervous about this training session. "So Moon and I hide and the teams seek, or the other way around." Nezhno asked nervously.

Lorna: "So really, your choice on how to react when you're found." Lorna turned to Nezhno and Moon. "You can be peaceful happy sewer dwellers or horrible fiends. We sort of need to prepare for everything I guess." She snorted at Bobby's small slipup. "We'll just let the two of you get well out of sight. Go wherever you wan to go really."

Nezhno: "Shall we leave now?" Nezhno asked.

Moon: "Yes, let's." Moon said to Nez. The two ran off in opposite directions, waving to each other.

Rogue: "No time like tha present," she winked and watched them go.

Bobby: Bobby watched the two guinea pigs scurry off and clapped his hands. "Awesome. One one-thousand, two..."

Bobby: He took a deep breath, making a rude noise. "Wow, babe, why did we have to program the real smell again?"

Lorna: Lorna squinted and couldn't see any more sign of them. She couldn't hear where they were now either. "Right then. Roll out." She felt absolutely ridiculous saying that and had to make a face. "Preparation...and possibly I was being cruel to myself, good god."

Bobby: "Do I look like an Autobot? That'd actually be pretty sweet, come to think of it." He realized they were 'on mission' now and lowered his voice... echoing wasn't so smart.

Nezhno: Nezhno kept running as fast as he could. He wanted to try and get as much distance between him and the others as possible. He came upon a little indent in the wall. "This looks as good a place as any." He said to himself as he crept inside and waited for them to come after him.

Lorna: "You know, now that I've said that I'm going to be so tempted to do it when we actually are in the sewer." Lorna couldn't help but laugh at herself. "Am I normally this cheesy when we're practicing?"

Moon: Moon found a random hole in the brick walling of the sewers. She noticed that it didn't go far back, maybe four feet, but it was so dark here no one would see you. Tearing off a piece of her shirt, she pinched it into some stone. Who said you can't learn anything form TV?

Moon: Continuing her way down, she left the scrap of her shirt in the hole, giggling to herself as she jumped into the gross water.

Bobby: "Yes, but it's part of your leaderly-like charm." Bobby gave Lorna a lopsided grin and looked around the tunnel. "So... three of us, two of them. I would say we should split up, but I might have a bad feeling about that..."

Lorna: "Nah, sticking together for now. I would separate if it were an even team. Don't like splitting off one person alone." Lorna returned the grin before getting back to business. "Well, should this be a powerless test or not?"

Moon: Moon floated, face down, in the water, being sure to keep her legs and arms tightly together. In the dark she would either appear to be some sort of driftwood or worse off, just some carcass. Most likely however, no one would notice, they would hopefully all looking away, as well as avoiding, the water.

Rogue: Rogue shrugged, "Maybe so. Ah mean, wouldn't wanna go bargin' in down there powers at tha ready if they're friendly. Might force 'em ta be hostile, ya know?"

Nezhno: Nezhno bided his time and waited. He wondered if they would split up or stay together. Either way he really didn't know what he was gonna do if and when they found him.

Bobby: "Good point, though we wouldn't have to be, um, aggressive." He tapped his cheekbone near his eyes, starting down the tunnel.

Nezhno: Nezhno decided that it had been long enough and ran out of the indention and darted down the tunnels and rounded a corner and waited...again.

Lorna: "Well yeah, I meant more use them to find people...though I guess finding Moon would be pretty difficult." She wasn't exactly warm after all and didn't give off much else than a dead body would. Well, there probably wasn't that much of a chance that they would have their own living dead girl as well but it was still something to take into consideration.

Rogue: "True, but that's really all Ah got at mah arsenal," she smirked, "'Less'n Ah borrow from y'all, but thinkin' ya might need 'em."

Moon: Moon heard steps get near to her. She giggled to herself, making some bubbles surface. With a quick jolt she sprung to life and began to high-tail it down the water stream, up onto the brick and down to the right. Giggling the whole time.

Bobby: "Hmm. Sucking just doesn't appeal right now," Bobby started, then sped up when he heard giggling? "Or, maybe we don't need powers for this."

Lorna: That had to be the strangest thing she had seen for a long time. Lorna blinked and tried to not giggle herself. "Right then..."

Rogue: Rogue blinked at the giggles then quickly followed after Bobby, keeping her eyes peeled to her surroundings.

Moon: Moon pulled herself up and onto some pipes that ran the course of the ceiling. Getting atop of them, they were rather thick and sturdy, she watched the three run beneath her. She crept slowly along the pipes in their opposite direction and when she knew she was only a few feet away dropped down into the water with a splash and ran back towards the direction Nez had gone.

Bobby: Bobby spun in place, but zombie-girl was already out of sight, leaving only a trail of disturbed water. "Anybody else having Resident Evil flashbacks?"

Rogue: "Ah'd say yes if Ah'd ever seen it Ah'm sure." She flew over the sludge, making her way in the direction they had just come from, following Moon.

Lorna: "I'm so glad I'm not the only one." Lorna sighed. Moon was more slippery than she had thought she would be if you didn't count the giggling. Actually the giggling might make it creepier.

Bobby: Bobby trailed after Anna. He was tempted to freeze the water again, just to avoid the boot squish, but the girls would probably bitch about the cold.

Nezhno: Nezhno decided to shake things up... literally. He bulked up as only the Nez can and took out one of the walls. "That oughta liven them up a little."

Rogue: "Shit!" Rogue flew faster as she heard something crumble and collapse a couple of tunnels over. "What in tha sam hell..."

Lorna: Lorna looked up a bit nervously as she heard crashing. Bad crashing. "I think...they're that way." She pointed to the right and started running, reminding herself that there wasn't any crazy man with a harpoon knocking the ceiling down.

Bobby: "Sam's in hell? You bad, bad girl!" Bobby shrugged and iced the floor to move faster.

Nezhno: Nezhno could hear something coming and decided to hide behind what was left of the demolished wall and scare the crap out of the others.

Moon: Moon froze in place suddenly. "Aw, crap." She muttered. She contemplated tearing her legs off. It wouldn't hurt, but she didn't really feel like making it difficult to find them later.

Rogue: Rogue barked a startled laugh at Bobby, "Well, ya know how Ah like ta corrupt tha nice ones," she winked over her shoulder then frowned at the sudden temperature change. "Damnit," she grumbled to herself, but kept moving.

Rogue: Rogue pulled up short as she nearly ran into Moon. "Hi, sugah." She dropped to the ground and looked down at Moon's feet. "Y'all ok?"

Moon: Moon frowned. "I think he froze some poor ratties..."

Lorna: Lorna skidded on the ice and decided now was a good time to fly. "Any sig-Oh, hey Moon." Lorna blinked, guessing that she hadn't exactly expected that to happen.

Bobby: "They're not real rats." Bobby slowed down briefly as he slid by.... oh, was that her feet? "Whuuuups.... but hey, got you!" He caught up to Lorna as she neared the debris.

Rogue: "Right, gonna keep goin'. Y'all ok with that?" She looked at Moon for a moment, "Ya sure ya alright, hun?"

Moon: "Oh yeah..." Moon said, letting out a sigh of relief. "Totally forgot! And yeah, I'm okay Rogue. Thanks for checking." She waved.

Bobby: Bobby jumped off his ice slide and squinted into the collapsed tunnel, trailing one hand along the wall. It was really creepily claustrophobic... it was still hard to believe it really was Jay living in a hellhole like this...

Lorna: "Any sign of him?" Lorna hovered up, not trusting herself to climb the ice slide up to see for herself. "Definitely hope we don't have to worry about any of them taking the sewer down around them."

Bobby: Deciding to screw the rules, Bobby looked through the debris for heat fluctuations, but it seemed even the fake DR gas was enough to screw with his sight. "No... and no. Don't need that again..."

Rogue: Rogue gave Moon a small smile, "Not a problem, sugah. Glad ya ok." When neither Bobby nor Lorna answered, she kept going, trying to find a way around the debris by taking a detour down a different tunnel.

Bobby: He did ice the crumbling concrete enough to make sure this time the ceiling didn't come down and cut them off.

Nezhno: Nezhno saw Rogue pass the debris and decided to have some fun. He grew to an adequate size and bashed another section of the wall on top of Rogue.

Rogue: Rogue didn't even have time to react as her instincts went crazy and she dropped to the ground only to be covered by a collapsed wall, her curse cut-off by the debris. Shitshitshitshitshit.

Moon: Moon heard the crash and looked forward, trying to peer through the dark. "What does this kid do? Blow up?" She considered this and decided he seemed to nice to be the kind of guy who just blew up on people.

Bobby: Bobby turned at the crash. "A- fuck" He caught himself, but it was unsettling to see an entire chunk of wall fall on her.

Lorna: "Son of a bitch!" Lorna looked up as she heard the crashing again and tried to catch as much of the wall as she could. "You know, I think we really needed the practice."

Nezhno: Nezhno thought he might have taken this training session a little too seriously and started taking the rocks and debris off of Rogue.

Bobby: "I think so, Dee..." Bobby iced the unstable-looking debris into place. "Dude, she's gonna be pissed," he chuckled, joining the big guy in moving the rocks.

Rogue: Rogue closed her eyes and tried to breathe, but all she could get breaths of was dust and dirt. Mother fucker! She opened her eyes a crack and tried to see, feeling relieved when she saw a speck of light. She used that as her guide and flew up, busting through the wall. "What tha fuck," was the first thing that came out of her mouth in a gasp of air as she turned on Nez.

Nezhno: Nezhno could see that he had stepped in it big time right now. "I am so sorry Rogue. I got carried away with all the demolition. Is there anything I can do to make it up to you?" Nezhno pleaded.

Moon: "You can break me out!" Moon shouted down the dark halls of the sewers.

Lorna: "Right then...that's probably enough for today, right?" They were going to have to get in some more practice before Lorna felt okay about going on into the sewers. That didn't really sit well with her though. They had a friend, possibly friends down there after all.

Rogue: Rogue clenched her jaw and fisted her hands at her sides, "Ah get that this is trainin', but damn! Ya coulda killed me if Ah was almost anybody else." She blew out a long breath and flexed her fingers before curling them up again, her mind racing back to Harpoon-head.

Bobby: "Dude, watch out if she asks to suck you." Bobby winked at Nezhno and then heard the echoey call from Living Dead Girl. "Oh! Sorry!" He slid down the tunnel and defrosted her.

Nezhno: "Again Rogue, I am so sorry. I guess I just was so involved and everything was so life like and real I just got carried away. I will do anything to make it up to you... anything." Nezhno continued to plead.

Moon: "Thank you." Moon said happily. "Thankfully I don't have any circulation to stress over. Just got crazy being still." She heard Nez's pleas and snickered. Walking by Rogue she whispered "Anything?"

Lorna: "Well, this is why the DR has safety settings." Lorna looked towards Bobby, wondering if it was just her or things were unnecessarily tense.

Rogue: Rogue glared at Moon, "Ah have a boyfriend, Ah ain't gonna do nothin' like that." She rolled her neck and shook out her hands, trying to destress a bit. "Alright, Nez. We're sparrin' later. An' ya gonna make me brownies," she grinned.

Bobby: "Yep, the safeties were operational, right computer?" He pitched his last words to carry and heard a beep in response. "Don't sweat it, guys." He followed Moon back to the group and gave Anna a shoulder squeeze.

Nezhno: Nezhno agreed to Rogue's demands. "Alright sparring and brownies it is. And Rogue, I am really, really sorry." Nezhno then walked out of the danger room to go to bed and rest. The exercise had really taken a lot out of him.

Rogue: Rogue gave Bobby a tight smile at the squeeze and gave him a nod then followed Nez out with her eyes. "Ah feel bad f' gettin' so upset..." She wrinkled her nose and chewed her lip, "Hope he doesn't think Ah'm too awful..." Rogue shook her head, "Wait, why am Ah worried? Ah got a new sparrin' partner an' a batch o' brownies just f' me," she beamed.

Bobby: "Well, we all have our moments." He called out for the program to end and unzipped his uniform jacket. "Guess the main thing is this shows we need some work before we head back down there to look for Jay, and whoever..."

Moon: "Aw, no more rats." Moon sniffed. "Oh well, I'll go find some more. Thanks for the fun game guys, that was totally cool!"

Rogue: Rogue watched the dirt disappear from her uniform with a small shrug, "Yeah, we do. Still don't make me feel much better." She laughed at Moon, "Have fun with that, darlin'."

Lorna: Lorna nodded. "I guess we'll be booking the room pretty solid until then. No rest for the wicked I guess." Lorna looked up and smiled at Moon. "Well I'm sure there's rats somewhere. Shaz usually could find them."

Moon: "Oh, I'm just going to go find Kenny and Fresca out behind the shed." She beamed, waving to them. Skipping out of the DR she whistled the working song the mice sang in Cinderella.

Bobby: "Next time Rae-Rae gets knocked up, we're giving her the whole litter." Bobby nodded, watching Moon skip off.
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Rogue: Rogue carried the toy for Johnny in one hand and the cookies for all of them in the other as she walked over to Remy's. She had felt bad for missing Johnny's birthday by a few months... But it was better late than never. And she wanted to see her nephew and best friend anyway. Not like she needed an excuse to go over.

Rogue: She put the ride in fire truck on the porch so she could have a hand to knock with. Rogue rapped on the door a few times and picked the engine back up. "Cajun, lemme in, Ah bring gifts," she called with a grin.

Remy: "Oui?" He opened the door and blinked at the huge present, but Johnny'd already seen it and had started squealing and jumping up and down. Duncan, not exactly knowing what had gone down, nevertheless picked up on his buddies excitement and started to yell as well.

Rogue: Rogue winced at the high-pitched squeals, but laughed anyway. "Hey, sugah." She saw Johnny behind him and gave him a big smile, "Lil Sugah!" Rogue set the fire engine down and pushed it his way, "Happy really really late birthday." She looked back up to Remy finally and her smile fell when she saw his face, "What tha fu- heck happened ta ya?"

Remy: Here he went again. He decided for the short version this time, herding the boys infront of him and keeping a fight over front seat from breaking out. "Vic."

Rogue: Rogue blinked at him, not fully comprehending for a moment, "Vic? Vic ha-...." She cleared her throat and followed him in, heading for the kitchen to put the cookies down. "Why?"

Remy: "Cause he was angry at me." He left the boys to Rahne's dad who he could hear laughing at them. "Looks like y're present was a hit, chere."

Rogue: "Great," she smiled. "Glad he likes it." Rogue turned to look at him again, taking a good look at the black eye. "He was angry? That's it? So he just hauls off an' gives ya a huge-assed shiner?"

Remy: "Oui." He was glad the bandaids were covering the cut. "Why else do people clock others? Can't say I've had someone do it t' me cause dere happy."

Rogue: "That ain't like Vic. How many times has he been angry with ya before an' hasn't hit ya?"

Remy: "A few." He gave her a wry smile. "But none of dem when he's stressed like dis about other things. It's actually dem other things dat made him hit me - nothin' I did, so don' go thinkin' I deviled d' guy or anythin'. I did a bit...but not dat much."

Rogue: "What other things?" She touched delicately at the edge of the bruise, "Sugah, he coulda broken ya cheekbone..."

Remy: "But he didn't." He winced as she got to a particularily bad spot. "He jus' had a baby girl dat's a preemie...an' he doesn't know what t' do about dat or Rahne. Dere's enough dere t' make him antsy, don' y' think?"

Rogue: "No, not this bad anyway. Ya said ya didn't provoke him, but, darlin', this kinda thing wouldn't happen with just that bein' wrong an' y'all not provokin' him much." She sighed, "Why's he angry at ya?"

Remy: Giving her a harried look he tugged her out of hearing range of anyone else. "He thought I was screwin' her. Or close enough dat it counted."

Rogue: "Wha-" Rogue caught herself and lowered her voice, "What? Where in tha world did he get that idea? That's just idiotic."

Remy: "Outta his own sweet head really. Jus' watchin' me an' Rahne an' how we acted. How we always act. Dieu, I dunno when he forgot dat I'm jus' affectionate t' everyone, includin' his ass."

Rogue: Rogue blew out a breath and shook her head, fisting her hands at her sides, "So he just fuckin' assumed? Insteada takin' a second ta ask ya? Holy shit, Ah'm gonna kill him."

Remy: "Yeah, well, we figured shit out. He's already said he's sorry for it an' all. He knows he's done wrong. He's goin' through a lot of stress right now, y' know?"

Rogue: "That don't matter, Cajun. Stress'r no stress, it shouldn'ta happened in tha first place." She popped her neck and went back to the cookie platter, debating on picking one up and deciding against it. "That was a stupid move," she murmured under her breath.

Remy: "Well don' get y'reself jus' as upset about it." He rested his hand on her back and leaned forward and grabbed a cookie to wave under her nose. "C'mon. Cookie? It's got chocolate in it. Good for what ails y'."

Rogue: Rogue narrowed her eyes at the cookie then took a bite of it anyway. "Too late. Already just as upset 'bout it. Can ya blame me, though?"

Remy: He supposed in her shoes. "Non. But stop stalkin' around like a cat wit' a stepped on tail. Y' came t' enjoy y're time here, neh?"

Rogue: "Yeah, but Ah hadn't expected ta find ya with a face nearly beat ta shit."

Remy: "I'm alright, chere. Been beat up a lot worse dan dis before." He grinned, it a little lopsided because of the swelling. "Mind y' he's got one hell of a 'one punch'. We should make a boxer outta him."

Rogue: Rogue rested her hand gently on Remy's swollen cheek and sighed, "Yeah, but it wasn't by ya best friend. An' that might be a good idea. Air force has boxin' teams, right?"

Remy: "Damned if I know. I ain't about t' even look at a brochure, never mind sign up." He grabbed a cookie of his own. "An' I still got all my teeth."

Rogue: "Glad ta hear that, f' true. Wouldn't do well if y'all left, too." She snorted a small laugh at that and nodded, "That's true, ya do. An' they're as gorgeous as ever."

Remy: He struck a pose, giving his best and scariest toothpaste grin. "Yeah. Well. Some people get complimented on dere ass - some on dere teeth. Considerin' I didn't see a toothbrush very often, glad I still have dem period."

Rogue: Rogue laughed again. "Ah swear Ah'm gonna kill him though. Y'all makin' me laugh don't take mah mind off it much," she poked her tongue out at him then took another bite of the cookie.

Remy: "Well I'm tryin'." He folded his arms on the counter and leaned on them. "Y're a tough crowd. Should be glad y' don' have things t' throw at me."

Rogue: "Bullshit Ah don't." She broke off a chunk of the cookie and tossed it at his forehead with a grin. "Since when have Ah been an easy crowd?"

Remy: He plucked up the wasted bit and popped it in his own mouth. "Can't say I can answer dat one, on pain if I do answer it either way I'll be in trouble."

Rogue: Rogue laughed and gave him a shove, "That's answer enough, jerk." She tossed more cookie at him and thumped his arm.

Remy: "Ow! Hey! Am I t' get dis right? Y're gonna beat on me for makin' fun of Vic beatin' on me, cause y' wanted t' be mad an' now y' can't be?" He grinned and winked. "Got y' laughin' didn't I?"

Rogue: Rogue blinked at him for a moment, "Ok, that took a second ta process..." She smacked him lightly on the arm, "Maybe so, but Ah am still pissed. Hate how ya can always make me laugh. Ain't rightly fair."

Remy: "It's my talent. Need somethin' t' offset d' tidal wave of hormones y'all put out once a month." He made sure to have the island counter between them when he said that one.

Rogue: Rogue's jaw dropped but she couldn't help the laugh. She picked up a whole cookie and chunked it at his head. "Hey! That ain't even nice!"

Remy: He ducked. "Oh Tante's gonna have you're head for wastin' her cookies." Shuffling a few steps over to counter her movements he grinned wider. "Y' seen what she does t' me? She may be nicer t' y'all, but waste food an' she'll take her spoon t' y're bottom."

Rogue: "Y'all'll eat 'em anyway. Ain't wasted." She smirked and picked up a whole handful, "An' Ah brought enough f' y'all ta refill tha plate. She won't notice hardly." Rogue started tossing them at him one by one. "Tante loves me anyhow. 'Course, guess that means Ah'd get nearly tha same treatment as y'all..."

Remy: He got pegged once, but managed to avoid the rest. Manuvering he managed to snatch up a dishcloth and made a show of twirling it up into a rope.

Rogue: "Oh no ya don't." Rogue slowly took a few steps away from him, eyes darting from his face to the towel. She looked back to the counter and grabbed a ladel from the utensil holder, holding it out in front of her like a weapon. "Ah can hit harder'n Tante," she warned with a grin.

Remy: "Oh, y're someone t' talk about Vic hittin' me." He snapped the towel out at the ladel, hitting it with a smack.

Rogue: Rogue's grip tightened on the ladel, but she yelped in surprise. "Oh, Ah won't be punchin' ya an' ruinin' ya beautiful face. Ah'm gonna smack ya ass. That's covered with pants most times anyhow."

Remy: "Y' can try." he stopped and gave her a look. "Wait - y' are only pissed cause Vic 'ruined d' view'?"

Rogue: Rogue gave a shrug, "Maybe..." She lunged forward and lightly smacked at his thigh, "No, ya dork. Ah'm pissed 'cause he had no real right ta do that an' ya mah best friend. As is he... But think that makes me more mad."

Remy: He used her distraction with her explination to lunge for the ladle, but forgot how strong she was as she didn't release it and used his grip on it to haul him across the island, sending cookies everywhere. "Whooooops."

Rogue: Rogue laughed and fell backwards on purpose to pull him all the way off, landing in a heap on the floor. "Whoops," she said with mock-innocence as she grinned at him. She jerked the ladel away and reached around to smack his rear roughly.

Remy: He ooffed and rubbed his abused rear. "Y're jus' plain cruel." He rolled over to go sit up and froze at the sight of a pair of very familiar house slippered feet. Looking up he made a slight face. "Ummm...sorry Tante?"

Rogue: Rogue's shoulders shook with suppressed giggles as she looked up as well. "Hey, Tante..." She finally giggled a bit and had to bury her face in Remy's back to try to stifle them.

Remy: All it took was a look and he was scrambling up from the heap on the floor, knowing he'd just be digging himself deeper if he blamed Rogue, even if it was her fault. "I'll get d' broom." She gave them both a look, but at least there was a thread of humor in her eyes. She liked it when his friends came over because she said he didn't smile enough unless he was with them or his son.

Rogue: Rogue was laughing harder as he got up and she took a minute to calm down and push herself up. "Ah'll start makin' a new batch o' cookies?" She gave Tante an apologetic smile and Tante just shook her head at her, trying not to smile, Rogue thought.

Remy: "Y' can pick up d' cookies though." He swatted her butt with the straw broom once Tante's back was turned.

Rogue: Rogue jerked away and whirled around to smack his rear in retaliation. "Ah thought y'all were gonna eat 'em," she countered but squatted down anyway to start picking them up.

Remy: "Oui, but put dem on d' plate. 'Cept d' ones dat landed on d' floor. I ain't a dog." He stuck his tongue out at her and got caught by Tante as she rounded the corner. A shaken finger and she was back up to her room. "Oh, great. Now I'm gonna get d' treatin' women right talk."

Rogue: Rogue laughed and gave him a smug grin, "As ya should. Ya treat me just horribly," she tsked him, trying to make her face serious as she fought the grin. She tossed some cookies from the floor into the trash and jogged around the counter to swat at him as she went by to pick up more cookies.

Remy: "I'm gonna have t' start. Y' damn pest." At least he'd got her mind off Vic. "Gettin' me in trouble wit' tante. Spoilin' my son wit' d' coolest toy so dat he's all wound up."

Rogue: Rogue snickered and popped a piece of cookie in her mouth, tossing another chunk at his head when he turned around. "Ah try. F' all of it."
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

The Bastard, the Bitch, and the Bike

Post by Esynthia »

Rogue: Rogue flew back up to the house as fast as she could, slamming open the door when she got there. It didn't matter that Remy had said things were ok. Vic had fucking attacked him. She checked his room, knowing he wouldn't be there, but checking anyway. She growled a bit in frustration as she was running out of places to look. She would have seen him on the roof while she was flying, so she knew he wasn't there.

Rogue: She finally decided to head to the garage to go for a ride on her bike around town. She knew he would less likely be in town, but it would be a good way to blow off some steam. Rogue paused as she flung the door open, watching as Vic unlocked the door to one of the cars. "Vic," her voice was flat and level, her face calm except for the burning green of her eyes.

Victor: Vic stopped as soon as he heard the door open, not bothering to turn around. "One, I ain' runnin' away, I'm goin' somewhere. Two, save it. Y' smell pissed so I'm guessin' y've either seen Remy or talked t' him, an' we've already sorted it." His own voice was just as level, though his tail flicked in irritation. Why the hell didn't people leave him the fuck alone?

Rogue: "Yeah. Ah am pissed. Can always trust that nose o' y'alls." She went over and leaned against the car door, looking over at him. "Remy told me that part too. If ya think it's gonna make me feel better, ya wrong." She took a deep breath and clenched her jaw for a moment. "Mah best fuckin' friend has a black eye tha size of a potato, Vic. Don't tell me y'all'd do tha same if it was me that decked him. Y'all'd be pissed as hell at me."

Victor: "Probably. Get out of my way."

Rogue: "No." She narrowed her eyes at him, "Ain't gettin' off that easy, Vic. An' no, Ah don't give a fuckin' shit if ya hit me f'r it. Know ya won't 'cause ya don't hit gals, but Ah could care less at tha moment." Rogue shifted to push his arm away from the door with her hip and went to cover most of it with her body. "Y'all had no fuckin' reason ta hit him like that. Not one that makes it right anyway."

Victor: Vic gave Anna a long, level, heavy stare. "Really now. An' y're sayin' that, when you ain't heard th' situation, when y' don' hold the facts, despite th' fact me an' Rem have sorted ou' - like the best mates we are. Interestin'." His tail hit the side of the car hard in irritation as he folded his arms, having to physically resist the urge to pick her up and move her. "As fer not hitting girls? I've shot 'em. What difference does hittin' one make?

Rogue: "Fine. Hit me. See if Ah give a damn." She met his eyes with a flat look. "An' Remy told me his whole side of it. How could ya be so stupid, Vic? Y'all shoulda known better. Ah know what it looks like, but Remy loved Teej way too much. He's still fuckinm' grievin' f' her. Ya really think he'd do that?"

Victor: "His side. Not mine." Vic clamped his mouth shut. He really did not want to talk about any of this right now. "I dunno. Stupid enough t' leave Rahne? Move."

Rogue: "No," she insisted and crossed her arms under her chest. "So tell me y'alls side then, Vic. Ah'm all ears," she clenched her jaw again to remind herself to be quiet.

Victor: "Fine. Fuck y'. I thought him an' Rahne were together. I got jealous. I'm crazy. End of. Move now."

Rogue: "So Ah was right then." She shook her head, "No, Vic. Ah ain't movin'. What tha hell were y'all thinkin'?"

Victor: "Ain't it fuckin' obvious?" Vic closed his eyes, turning away from Anna and rubbing the bridge of his nose. Controlling temper. Another thing he'd lost since the stupid feral. "I wasn't. Just. Move, please? I wanna be gone an' back before people get th' wrong fuckin' idea an' think I'm runnin' again."

Rogue: "Yeah, actually, that was obvious, but Ah thought Ah'd let ya tell me otherwise in case Ah was wrong." She rolled her eyes, "F' tha last time, no, Ah ain't movin'. Where in tha fuck are ya goin' anyway?"

Victor: "My bike. It's in Tennessee. An' I miss it." Vic said bluntly. "Fine. Not gonna move, I'll take a differen' car." He tossed the keys onto the bonnet and went over to the key rack.

Rogue: Rogue made a noise of frustration and followed him, making sure to snatch the keys and stuff them in her pocket. She flew ahead of him and blocked his way again. "Don't think so, sugah."

Victor: "Anna-Marie will you get the fuck out of my way!" Vic suddenly snapped, claws snapping out to full length. "I do not want to fuckin' talk. Is that not fuckin' clear enough? Y've got your fuckin' answers!"

Rogue: Rogue shook her head and gave a small laugh, "Tough fuckin' shit. Ya ain't gettin' rid o' me that easy, y'all should know that by now. May have answers, but Ah ain't fuckin' satisfied."

Victor: "Tough shit indeed." Vic pulled away from her, fighting hard to keep from doing to her what he did to Remy. Couldn't she see that all this was doing was making it worse? Trapping him- backing him into a corner- no, stop thinkin' like that. Stop. Now. He shrugged, moving away from her, sitting on a handy work bench and pulling out a cigarette, hands shaking so badly he had to steady the flame with both to light it.

Rogue: "Ya got shit ta work through if ya goin' 'round knockin' tha crap outta ya best friends, Vic." She watched him hold the lighter with both hands and shook her head, "Ya wanna fuckin' hit me? Would that make ya feel better? Won't show if ya do. Won't even fuckin' hurt. Go right ahead, Vickerz."

Victor: Vic stared straight ahead, trying to block out what Rogue was saying. His vision was tunnelled again. Taking as deep a drag as he could, he closed his eyes to block it out, savouring the smoke before blowing it out. Best to ignore her. Ignore her and she'd go away. Fat chance, she never leaves alone. Bes' mate, remember? Don' wanna hurt her, already hurt Remy.

Rogue: Rogue took a few steps toward Vic, just watching him. Sometimes she hated his eyes. Couldn't really tell where he was looking. "Vic, y'all need ta get some kinda help. When was tha last time ya talked ta Dai?" When he didn't respond immediately, she took another step, "How many more best friends ya gonna beat up 'fore ya get over whatever tha hell is wrong?"

Victor: Vic opened his eyes, staring straight at the rear bumper of one of the school cars as he took another drag. "Dunno. Depends how long 'til I die, I guess." His voice was toneless, totally neutral, and apart from that he didn't acknowledge Anna at all. "Nothin's wrong."

Rogue: "Bullshit nothin's wrong. Ya fuckin' coulda killed Remy, if ya had even tried, Vic. Over a gal. Ah know ya love her, but what tha hell happened ta friends 'fore lovers, huh? Ya shoulda known he'd never do anythin' like that ta ya." She shook her head, "Ya hardly looked at me since Ah picked ya up at tha airport, too. That says a lot."

Victor: "Don' wanna talk." Same neutral tone. "There's more t' it then tha'. But I don' wanna talk. Get it yet?" There was a definite growl on the edges of his voice and he swallowed. "Don' make me."

Rogue: "Since when have Ah given two shits if ya wanted ta talk'r not? Yeah, might be fuckin' selfish, but no good comes outta keepin' shit bottled up, Vickerz." She took another step, trying to force her anger away so she could focus on helping him. "So then we'll just be here f' a few hours. Y'all not talkin', me waitin' not so patiently f' ya ta say somethin'."

Victor: "It's a free garage." Vic stared straight ahead. He didn't want to think about the feral, how he'd been acting and thinking since, the fact that he couldn't even remember his name let alone anything else for days afterwards. Added to the whole thing with Rahne and Marie and....he felt like the slightest touch would shatter him if he wasn't careful. He'd come close, very close with Remy that night.

Victor: He didn't want the same with Anna. Vic closed his eyes, lowering his head slightly and trying to block her out. Go away.

Rogue: "Yup." Rogue pulled up a spot on the bench next to him and crossed her arms, her feet copying that by crossing at the ankles. "Why ya keepin' all o' whatever it is locked away? Have ya talked ta anybody 'bout it?" She sighed, "An' why haven't ya barely looked at me? That's really bugged me."

Victor: Go away. "Avoidin' everyone. 'Everyone' includin' ya."

Rogue: "Ain't fair," she shrugged, "Not ta anyone. Includin' y'all. It'll only get worse Vic." She looked over at him, "'Least tell me why ya avoidin' me."

Victor: "Beacuse I don' wanna talk? This is jus' goin' in circles, an' I'm wastin' time." Vic shrugged. At least talking like this meant that he wasn't getting wound up. "Everyone wants t' be my fuckin' therapist lately an' it's gettin' just a little irritatin'. I don' like th' sound of my own voice all tha' much, Anna."

Rogue: "Now ya avoidin' tha subject of avoidin' me. Did Ah do somethin' ta upset ya 'gain?" She rolled her eyes, "Besides this. 'Cause Ah know ya damn well not happy with me at tha moment."

Victor: Vic rubbed his eyes. "I'm not avoidin' it. I don' wanna see anyone. I don' wanna talk to anyone. At all. I jus' wanna be left alone."

Rogue: "So ya home f' a few months an' ya just gonna spend ya time avoidin' people?" She shook her head, not understanding. "Do ya realize how happy Ah was when ya said ya were comin' home? Tell me ya at least not avoidin' ya daughter," she was starting to get irritated again.

Victor: "Rahne's there." He answered simply. Then he sighed, long and low, between his fangs and put his head in his hands. "Look. Y're not gonna leave me alone on this, are y'. Alrigh', fine. Wanna come on a drive wit' me, Anna? 'Least then y' can drive th' car back when I pick up my bike, yeah? And....I'm drivin'. We c'n talk on the way."

Rogue: "Fine. Where's ya bike?" She pushed off the bench and pulled the keys out, tossing them to him. "And Rahne may be there, but she's you're daughter, too. Don't give up what time you have with her right now. You'll regret it one day."

Victor: "Like I don' regret enough." Vic murmured, unlocking the door and then hauling up the garage door, sliding behind the wheel and waiting for Anna. His grip was tight on the steering wheel as he debated just flat-out lying to her. It would make her feel like he'd opened up to her and still keep her in the dark.

Rogue: Rogue slid into the passenger side and buckled up, looking over at him slightly expectantly. "Where we goin'?" She decided to ask again to maybe get the conversation on a neutral ground first.

Victor: "Tennessee. Las' place in America I wen' 'fore I took a plane t' Englan'." Vic bit his lip, starting up the engine. Yeah. He'd lie. He really didn't need Anna knowing. Remy was bad enough, and he'd be damned if Rahne would ever know. "Put my bike in some Angel-owned garages. Expensive but at leas' I'll know my baby's safe."

Rogue: "SInce when is money an issue f' y'all?" She turned enough in the seat to face him, pulling her leg up to make it more comfortable.

Victor: Vic pulled out of the garage, the door automatically rolling shut after him as he spun off in a spray of gravel and a squeal of tyres. "Y' know, drivin' a Yank car after drivin' a tank is so friggin' weird." He commented. "No gun turret." He waited until they were on a proper road, heading to an interstate. "Alrigh'. Y've got questions, I have miles a' country t' bury y' in. Shoot."

Rogue: Rogue nodded, "Bet it would be." She shifted a bit to get more comfortable, "Talk ta me. Tell me why ya avoidin' people. An' don't give me tha crap 'bout not bein' ready ta be a daddy yet. 'Cause ya ain't avoided me online when we talk 'bout that. Which is another point, ya talk 'bout that."

Victor: "Alrigh'." Vic breathed out. "Tha' I did answer f' ya back in the garage. I really do not wanna see people righ' now. I ain' feelin' righ' at the momen', Anna. Am I actin' like I shoul' be? Wouldja really think I'da punched Remy unless somethin' was wrong wit' me? Me an' him are like....well, we're brothers, amis, lovers, all tha' gushy shit. An' I migh' be a bastard but I ain' that much of one t' throw tha' away."

Victor: "I can' deal wit' talkin' t' people. I'm....tryna deal wit' bein' a dad. An' failin'. Not tha' there was any choice, but this couldn'ta come at a worse time."

Rogue: "Why's it such a bad time, then? 'Sides y'all bein' in tha RAF. Ah know that part of tha answer, sugah." She put her head on the back of the seat and watched his face carefully. "'Cause even tryin' ta deal with bein' a dad ya wouldn'ta done that ta Remy, which is why Ah'm buggin' ya 'bout it. 'Cause Ah know ya better'n that."

Victor: Vic was silent as they pulled up to a set of lights, looking around to distract himself. He spotted a kid staring at him through the window of an SUV and smiled, before baring his fangs at it. The kid giggled, the parents turning to see why. When the lights went green, the SUV shot off the line so fast he almost thought it had turbos. "Nice." He sighed. "It's jus'...." Lie. He was a good lier.

Victor: Only he didn't want to lie to Anna. That wasn't fair. "....Somethin' happened. I don' wanna talk about it."

Rogue: "Somethin'? What kinda somethin'? Don't hafta give me details if ya don't want... But, Vic, if it's bad 'nough ta make ya do that ta Remy..." she trailed off and chewed on her lip, eyes watching the SUV as it peeled around a corner. "Scaredy cats," she mumbled.

Victor: Vic breathed out. "I went feral. Killed a lot of people." He said it quickly, in the neutral, corp's-hiding-something tone of voice he used for the ruperts. "Not th' firs' time it happened but it was th' worst. Poin'-blank wit' a machine gun." He kept his attention on the road. "Opened me up - as y' can imagine. It took me over a week t' come out of bein' feral, an' I couldn' remember my name, who I was....what I was...."

Victor: "Since then I've had....issues wit' things. I can' think properly sometimes, I can' control my temper....I dunno. I jus' feel...wrong. Rubbed up th' wrong way, or somethin'. Remy caugh' th' bad end of tha'.”

Rogue: Rogue sat in silence for a moment, not having expected that. "Damn, sugah," she said quietly. "Well, it all makes sense now, kinda. Ya got any idea as ta how ta get things back under control? Maybe talkin' ta Dai?"

Victor: "Darlin', if I though' that'd work I'da gone t' her." Vic let out a breath. That had been....theraputic. Kinda. "I'm jus' givin' it time. But tha' happened maybe a month ago, I dunno."

Rogue: "How much more time do ya think it's gonna take? Darlin' that ain't healthy..." She chewed her lip, "So ya went feral... Fully feral 'cause of a machine gun attack? Hun, maybe ya should get out... That ain't safe f' anyone, includin' y'all."

Victor: "Fine fer our side." Vic said a little bitterly. "Apparen'ly I get 'em ou' first, or they read the signs or somethin'. I'm a weapon. Knew it'd happen sooner or later...." Nowyou'rejus'likemeboy He swallowed and turned onto the interstate that would take them in the right direction. "I jus'....wasn' expectin'....this."

Rogue: "Vic... It ain't good f' y'all. Don't care if ya keep ya side safe. How is it good f' ya if things like that happen ta y'all?" She frowned in concern, "Sugah, it ain't safe."

Victor: "War ain' in general." Vic shrugged, then chuckled humourlessly. "Y' an Rem, man. I'll leave the fuckin' RAF when I'm ready."

Rogue: "What 'bout us?" She tilted her head, not getting what he was talking about. "When will ya be ready, sugah? When ya dead?"

Rogue: "Or when ya don't remember who ya are or what tha hell ya doin' f' tha rest of ya life?"

Victor: Vic closed his mouth. "See, this is one a' th' reasons I don' wanna talk t' anyone." He kept his eyes on the road. "I wanna work this ou' fer myself, not have people guiltin' me int' decisions."

Rogue: Rogue closed her mouth tight and faced front as she blew a breath out her nose, "Ah'm sorry. Ah didn't mean it like that. Ah'm just worried."

Victor: "I know. But this is up t' me, babes." Vic pulled into a block of garages. "Well, here we are."

Rogue: Rogue sighed and looked back at him, "Ah know it is. Just think 'bout it ok? Ya got more at stake now..."

Victor: "I know. Thanks f' remindin' me." Vic said deadpan, killing the engine. "Y' know, I've really missed my bike." An' peace an' quiet too. "Hopefully she won' be too rusted."

Rogue: "Ah think she'll be fine. An' hey," she grinned over at him, "Think Ah'm an expert at gettin' rid o' rust now, if it is." Rogue unbuckled and turned to fully face him, "There's nothin' Ah can say ta make ya do anythin'. But Ah can let ya know that Ah'm worried f' ya an' ya ain't alone whether ya wanna be'r not. Ah love y'all, Vic. An' so does Remy an' Marie an' a bunch o' others... Whether ya know it'r not."

Rogue: Rogue gave him another smile and got out of the car to get to the driver's side for when he got out to get his bike.

Victor: Vic snorted, being careful not to let her hear it. Yeah, everyone loved the idiot who was beating up his best mate and not seeing his daughter. Well, Cess certainly did, if nothing else. He got out, shutting the door and tossing the car keys to Anna. "Since y'll be eatin' my dust on th' way home, if she starts." He smirked, digging out the other set of keys.

Victor: Popping the boot, he pulled out a Jerry can of petrol and some oil, heading over to the end garage. It seemed like years ago since he'd put her in here before catching the flight back to England.

Rogue: Rogue caught the keys one handed and followed him to the garage, grabbing gently at his wrist before he could get too far away from her. She gave him a quick hug then stepped away to let him work, heading back to the car. "Eat y'all's dust. Ha! If only Ah had mah bike..." She grinned, "We'll race when we get home. Not takin' no f' an answer."

Victor: "Y'll have t'. My beast ain' a racin' bike an' ain' got the acceleration or speed y'res has." Vic smirked, unlocking the chain and lifting the door, revealing the tarp'd up lump. Pulling off the tarpaulin, he smiled. Sure, a little dull, but there was his bike, as good as the day he'd left it. Needed a clean, though.

Victor: Looking over it and oiling where it was needed, he wheeled it out into the sunlight and opened the cap, filling it with petrol before letting it stand for a few seconds. Then he put his key into the starter and pressed the button. "C'mon, baby....please let one thing work f' me...."

Victor: It protested and groaned for a few seconds before kicking into life with a roar. Vic grinned, breathing a sigh of relief. "Thanks, God."

Rogue: Rogue laughed, "Hey, technically, mine ain't a racin' bike either. But it's fun as shit ta do it." She gave a shrug and a wink. "Beatcha home then, if y'all's bike cain't even hack a race with mine, this car can sure beat tha crap outta it. Call me if it dies." Rogue quickly got in and revved the engine, giving a look over to Vic before tearing out of the lot.

Victor: Vic sighed with relief as Anna tore away, looking down at his purring bike and relaxing finally. Well, if nothing else, it meant he got a quiet ride home. He straddled the bike after checking it over one last time, strapped his tail on and pulled on his gloves, twisting the throttle and feeling the kick. Yeah. This was better. He was home now.

Victor: As he pulled out of the lot - slowly - he sighed. Maybe he should go and see Rahne and Marie now. He'd already left it too long and....well. Kinda proven how much of a wanker he really was. But that didn't mean he couldn't take the long way home. It had been a while since he'd seen his baby, after all, and they needed to get reacquainted.

[Edited on 10/24/2008 by Esynthia]
ImageImage

Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

Post by Ferguson »

Elizabeth: Lizzie span in her heels on the dancefloor. It was hot. But in a good way. Maaybe she should think about a glass of water. After this song though, she grinned and twirled again to the music. It was so damn nice to go to a normal club.

Jason: Jason swirled his drink in his hand contemplatively. The name of the club was amusing enough though the kind of people he assumed to be regulars that came in were rather...interesting. Local flavour he supposed and he gathered that this place must do good business judging by their general state.

Raya: Raya sipped at her drink--which was virgin, much to the barkeep's dismey, probably--and watched the others pal around and laugh. She was enjoying the late night out, with the prospect of no classes to get up and go to in the morning; besides, in this club at least less people were looking at her that she could tell.

Nezhno: Nezhno was sort of uncomfortable being here in the club. It was very different from anything he had done in Wakanda, but he was actually kinda enjoying himself.

Raya: "Are you having fun, Nez?" Raya asked, raising her voice over the low din and smiling at the newer student.

Rogue: Rogue took a long sip of her drink as she pulled her hair up with the other hand, dancing to the music, closing her eyes and letting herself enjoy the time out. She missed Sam so she thought it would be good to try and enjoy herself anyway.

Nezhno: Nezhno took a long sip of his drink. "I am actually enjoying myself. But I was a little intimidated earlier when Rogue and Elizabeth decided to take me out to dance." Nezhno replied and smiled at Raya.

Elizabeth: Okay. That was a hand meeting ass. Discreetly, she slammed her elbow bwackwards into a rather tender stomach and pressed her heel down on a foot and carried on dancing away. Drink could wait as she did like this song...

Raya: "Yeah, it can be a little overwhelming out there." Raya smiled and laughed at his expression, downing the rest of her drink and being rather promptly brought another as soon as she looked behind her to the bar, flashing a smile. Though the fact she was wearing a borrowed top that dipped a little...low in the front could be helping. "Do you want to try it again, now that there are a few less people? I'd kinda like to dance a little, the mus

Jason: Jason laughed to himself as he saw the absolutely bewildered, not to mention pained, expression on the face of the man behind Lizzie. These were the reasons that powers were fun. He took another drink from his glass and looked around to see what other little amusements he could give himself.

Nezhno: Nezhno got up from the table. "Sure we could dance. After you Raya."

Raya: Raya smiled, setting down her drink as she slid off the chair, skirt breezing around her knees. "Thanks... Do you dance a lot? Or, did you back where you lived?" She maneuvered between the tables to get to the floor as the music switched over.

Nezhno: Nezhno followed Raya to the dance floor. "I really didn't dance a lot actually. If I did it was ballroom at my parents parties. Plus I didn't dance a lot in prison. However, there were some guys who made their own private prom. It was interesting."

Elizabeth: Glancing up she saw the expression on Jason's face. The rat had done something, she just knew it...Making a face at him, she pressed back a bit in the crowd to avoid tempting him into doing anything else.

Rogue: Rogue finished off her drink and went back to the bar for another, giving a wink as she got a look from someone she passed. He ducked his head and she laughed as she waited for her drink.

Miranda: Miranda laughed, flipping her hair over her shoulder and checking to make sure her ID was secure with her money as she followed Debra into the club. That name was just fantastic, so they had to stop by.

Jason: Jason gave the Lady Lizzie the most innocent look he could manage which was pretty much admitting that he had done something. It was something to answer the face she had thrown at him though before he laughed and went back to his drink.

Raya: "Huh. I didn't know you did ballroom." That was pretty neat, though...even if she wasn't the best dancer. "Sam taught me, kinda. I made the mistake of telling him I didn't dance much. What was the prom like?" She stopped in front of him, where there was a good spot on the floor.

Nezhno: Nezhno shuddered at his thoughts of the prison. "Well it was an all male prison. Let's just say Big Rick and Little Jimmy were the prom king and queen."

Elizabeth: "Ballroom is awful!" Lizzie span past Raya and Nez, making a face. "So, so dull! But whatever floats your boat!" she grinned and carried on through the crowd.

Rogue: Rogue went back to the floor with her drink, pausing as she saw someone she hadn't expected, "Miranda?"

Raya: "Aww, is not!" Raya called back, grinning at Lizzie's moves through the crowd. "Least not when you watch it in movies," she continued with a smile, lower in volume. "Well.... But did you have fun?" She asked, having no idea what an all male--or any--prison was like.

Miranda: On her way to the bar, Miranda stopped when a strange voice said her name and did a slow turn. "Oh! ....I know you. I know I do."

Nezhno: "Not really I was kinda in solitary for the entire time but I heard about it from the guys who crashed it and beat the crap out of the king and queen." Nezhno replied.

Elizabeth: "Oh please it bloody well is when you've been dragged off to some social event, you're bored, you have to partner a slobbering sixty year old oaf because your parents won't let you near anyone your age and you still have saddlesore from hunting!"

Rogue: "Ya do. Ya were pretty sloshed though, so maybe ya don't remember..." She smirked and took a drink. "Rogue, sugah. Met ya at tha beach."

Miranda: "Yes!" Her face lit up. "Oh... yeah... I was pretty wasted," she giggled. "Much less drunk tonight. So far. Woooow, you guys come here much?" She gasped. "Oh! Is this a mutant bar?"

Jason: Jason could have sworn he heard the word saddlesores float off from the floor but wasn't sure if he should fall into the temptation of asking for that one to be clarified. Probably not safe. In any case, the words 'mutant bar' caught his attention as well. He looked around, trying to find the source as he hoped that it wasn't actually. The idea of having their own bar was slightly amusing but he had already been making fun of the other occupants.

Rogue: Rogue laughed at her reaction, "This is mah first time comin' here, ta be honest. So, Ah have no idea if it's a mutant bar'r not. Might be, might not be."

Miranda: "Wow, well, I wonder if they have mutant bars." She nodded to herself. "That'd be pretty darn cool. Like gay bars, but with more color. Oooh, is the.... oh, I can't remember her name... the silver girl! Is she with you?" She peered around, shoving her hair from her eyes.

Elizabeth: "Mutant bars?" Lizzie stumbled across the new conversation and blinked. ""For some reason word acossiation is making me think 'nail bombs' but I could just be jaded."

Raya: "Oh, I'm sorry..." Raya's smile fell at the sound of that. "That's not very....well. I suppose people wouldn't be in there if they were ncie all the time." She shrugged, as the music slowed slightly. "Oh, look, someone's over with the rest. Maybe we should go see who."

Rogue: Rogue shook her head, "No, Cess ain't here. An', that sounds interestin'..." She took another drink, trying to hide the fact that she really didn't think it was a good idea to have mutant bars. "So, what're y'all doin' here?"

Jason: Jason pulled his way away from the bar once he found the source and seeing Rogue and Lizzie talking to the vaguely familiar person. Something that started with an M, for some reason made him think about drunks now. Miranda! That was it. "Well, I would say it made me think of nail bombs to but that wouldn't really help your case for being jaded."

Miranda: "Nail bombs?" She wrinkled her nose in confusion, then looked back at Rogue. "Oh, we just saw the name and started singing Night Moves ... only with squirrels, you know. 'Workin' on our night squirrels, tryin' to make some front page drive-in news...'" She waved over at her friends, who'd abandoned her to go to the bar.

Elizabeth: "Yes. Nail bombs. Go boom. Kill things." She gathered that this girl was rather slow or slightly drunk.

Nezhno: Nezhno joined everyone else and wondered what was going on with this girl he had no idea who was.

Miranda: "Well that's not very nice." She picked at her nails a bit.

Raya: "Nail bombs?" Raya quirked an eyebrow at Lizie's explanation of them. "What, you mean here, in a bar?" She curved a small smile, rather confused at where that had come up in the conversation. "Hi, Miranda, nice to see you again."

Rogue: Rogue wrinkled her nose, "Y'all this is Miranda. Miranda, y'all remember Jason an' Sooraya? An' that's Elizabeth an' Nezhno."

Jason: "Well, if they work for abortion clinics I suppose they'd work pretty well." He shrugged absently. "Yes, good to see you again, this time only starting on the drinking."

Elizabeth: Lizzie rolled her eyes. Obviously a London club thing. "Well it happened to a gay bar over in England a few years ago. Bars for the unpopular minority of the moment are not liked."

Nezhno: "Nice to meet you Melissa." Nezhno replied

Jason: "Miranda. Sure you've not been drinking out of something that actually had alochol in it there?"

Miranda: "Hi, hi!" She gave them little waves, trailing it off as the biiig tattooed black guy got her name wrong. She wasn't going to correct him. "Thank you, Jason! My hero!"

Jason: Jason blinked. Her hero? Well, that was strange.

Elizabeth: Lizzie batted her eyelashes at Jason. "Aww, you've saved the day, stud!"

Raya: That made Raya snicker as she brushed a hand over her hair, where Rogue had done it into a different sort of plait. "How're you doing, Miranda? It's kinda funny, you meeting us again in such a short bit. You didn't bring your boyfriend with you?"

Jason: "Well, someone was bound to notice my day saving antics eventually." Jason fake preened before snorting.

Miranda: "Nooo, it's girls' night, you know?" She smiled, glancing over at them and noticing Debra giving her the 'wtf' look. "Oh, um, speaking of... I should ...." Miranda waved a hand at them and did a little dance in place. "I'll catch up with you guys soon! Hit the dance floor!"

Nezhno: Nezhno stood there very confused. "Who was that girl?"

Jason: "Oh, a possible wino we met at the beach." Jason shrugged. "Amusing enough certainly."

Elizabeth: "Sounds charming..."

Raya: "Hey, she's pretty nice. She and her boyfriend at least didn't shout nasty things at us on the beach." Raya elbowed at Jason in jest.

Nezhno: "Well thats a nice change from what normally happens." Nezhno took a sip from his drink.

Elizabeth: "She had a 'oh petting zoo!' look on her face, I must say. Not sure if I enjoy being a novel amusement any more than abuse."

Rogue: "She's just interested like anybody is when they find somethin' new. They said they'd never met mutants 'fore, so it' kinda nice ta have someone interested insteada shunnin', ya know?"

Jason: "Hey now, those are my ribs. We keep appendages out of my ribs" Jason brushed his shirt down at the elbowing. "But for novel amusement perhaps she'll buy a round."

Elizabeth: "It'll make up for being 'omfg!! like wowzy omg undersweet coolies!!' what the fuck are we, show dogs?"

Rogue: "Liz, c'mon now. She's nice."

Nezhno: "It's better than being locked up in solitary for six years. But I'm just saying."

Raya: "I still say it's better than her shouting obscenities at us for no reason." Raya shrugged, looking over at Jason. "I didn't hurt you... you're too skinny to hurt." She grinned.

Elizabeth: "I'm not saying she isn't nice. But wow. I don't want to be a piece of amusment. Is that such a problem?"

Raya: "Well, everyone's amusement in this city. Or so it's been apparent to me, when I've come out."

Nezhno: "Not really when the inmates would look at me like they were at a petting zoo. One that they could beat the animals at anyway."

Rogue: "No, but ya don't gotta be rude about it, neither. She wasn't doin' anythin' bad."

Elizabeth: "You call this rude," she raised an eyebrow. "I call it an opinion."

Jason: Jason arched an eyebrow at the too skinny to hurt comment but was more focused on whether or not being dancing monkies was worth a free round. "Well, if she comes at us with a vest and cymbals I, for one, am running and hiding."

Elizabeth: "Here here."

Raya: "Just...don't get the wrong view of her. I don't think she means anything by it." Raya shrugged, hoping no one would be getting too angry over Miranda coming to talk to them. "Vest and cymbals?" she cocked her head at Jason's comment, more than a little lost.

Jason: "Dancing monkies?"

Nezhno: "Little annoying novelties that you wind up and they go crash crash?"

Raya: "Dancing monkies." Raya raised an eyebrow at him, blinking.

Jason: "Exactly." Jason nodded. "Not something I want to be."

Rogue: "Ah call makin' fun of sombody rude, yeah. Especially somebody ya don't really know." She grinned at Jason, "Can Ah be tha organ grinder?"

Nezhno: "No thats what I wanted to be!" Nezhno jested.

Raya: "Uhm. Okay then." She brushed her fingers over one ear, still confused at the dancing monkey comment, but oh well. "Obviously I'm missing something here, that you all know about these monkeys."

Elizabeth: "Oh please, you really call this me making fun, then you don't know me," Lizzie rolled her eyes. Damn someone was on their high horse.

Jason: "If we're removing making fun of people from tonight's entertainment I am not the person to be here. but yes, grind all the organs you want."

Rogue: "So ya don't call mockin' somebody makin' fun of?" Rogue shook her head, "An' Ah cain't say Ah ever really did get a chance ta really get ta know ya, Liz. So, nope, can honestly say Ah don't know ya that well."

Jason: Jason couldn't help it. The opening was just too great. "Ladies, are you going to have to take this outside?"

Nezhno: Nezhno just snicked to himself at Jason's hilarious retort.

Elizabeth: "No, you'd enjoy it too much," Lizzie boredly looked through her bag. "And I was commenting on the way this girl was acting about how we're the new fucking pokemon. I'm not saying that personally she's an awful bloody person. Just her perspective."

Rogue: Rogue rolled her eyes and didn't reply. She moved away from the group and onto the dance floor, letting herself get lost in the music again.

Jason: "Oh God," He winced. "All my life I had hoped for nobody ever to compare anything I'm involved in with anything related to pokemon." Jason couldn't help but roll his eyes a bit as Rogue walked away. "And I was going to put money down on this too."

Raya: "Ooookay..." Raya watched her friend go, blinking at the sudden change in atmosphere at the table. "So what are you all drinking?" She nodded at the various glasses around the table, holding her own.

Miranda: One drink down, Miranda was dying for a smoke. Damn that no smoking sign! She excused herself and slipped outside, lighting up and sighing with relief at the first drag.

Jason: Jason finished his glass off. "Well, it was scotch." He straightened up, tugging at the collar of his shirt a bit. "Think I'm stepping outside for a bit, hot in here."

Elizabeth: "Think I'll join you," Lizzie continued to root in her bag.

Nezhno: "I think I will second that notion." Nezhno followed Lizzie.

Jason: "Someone best get Rogue too. Don't want her taking out her frustrations on the floor or else she'll have to pay for the damages."

Raya: "I'll get her." Raya ventured out to the floor and caught her attnetion, motioning that they were going outside. She stood for a minute to watch her dnce, envying some of those moves, but not really the looks they got.

Jason: Jason ducked outside, glad for the break from the noise inside. "Much better."

Nezhno: "Right there with you." Nezhno replied as he followed Jason outside.

Miranda: Oh, there were other people out here. The guys from the beach! "Oh, hey!"

Rogue: Rogue finished off the song and her drink, stopping by the bar to give her glass to the bartender. She followed Raya outside and leaned against the wall, her ears having to adjust to the change.

Elizabeth: Lizzie exhaled. "Oh yeah. Nice sky tonight," she looked up. "Well, for a city area anyway..."

Raya: "It's pretty, seeing all the lights on." Raya smiled, as she looked up with Lizzie at the hole framed by the high-rise buildings. "It always looks so light. Like it's either sunrise or dusk, instead of really night."

Nezhno: "It's nothing compared to a Wakandan sky out on the plains."

Jason: "Oh, hello again." Jason gave Miranda a nod, blinking as he thought he saw something moving a ways behind her.

Elizabeth: "Back home when it's cloudy, it never gets totally dark. It's like an orangey purple of all the lights hitting the clouds. Looks weird..."

Jason: He blinked again. Okay, he had not had enough to drink that he would be hallucinating. He was pretty sure he hadn't been in any case. There was a man down there he was pretty sure but something definitely looked off.

Rogue: Rogue smiled over at Miranda and gave her a nod, "Hey, sugah. Crowd get too much f' ya?"

Raya: "It gets....really dark back home. In the desert it's like, industrial-strength night. In the city not so much." she smiled contentedly as she moved to clasp her hands behind her. "I'd like to see England sometime. But I like to travel, anyway."

Miranda: "Yeah, I just wanted a sec... and..." She took a drag of the cigarette, making sure to blow the smoke away from Rogue. She caught movement from the corner of her eye. Odd movement. "Hey, what's that?"

Elizabeth: "I'm not actually going to see much of it this..." she trailed off, as a shadow caught the corner of her eye, along with a rather scatty thought pattern.

Rogue: "What's what?" Rogue looked around Miranda and frowned, taking a step away from the wall to see it better.

Jason: "Okay, so you all see it to? You have no idea how relieved I am to hear that." Jason could have sworn he saw something that looked like wings but they were pulled down tight as whatever it was crouched down over something in the back street.

Elizabeth: "I don't just see it...I;m getting slight thought impressions. Nothing solid though."

Miranda: "Um, a bum? Maybe we should go back inside?" She took a step closer to the group.

Rogue: Rogue turned her head towards Lizzie, but kept her eyes on the scene, "Like what, Liz?"

Elizabeth: "Bum's generally don't know how to sheild mentally...I'm not sure. Something about...Tunnels. Tunnels and tunnels and dark."

Rogue: Rogue blinked. Oh shit. Where were Bobby and Lorna when you needed them. "Underground tunnels?"

Jason: There was a faint dragging noise, something heavy and Jason, despite all common sense he had, took a few curious steps forward but before he could move much more whatever it was was gone and the dragging noise started again briefly. "What the fuck was that about?"

Nezhno: "Rogue that sounds a lot like our training session." Nezhno exclaimed.

Rogue: "Exactly... Maybe they're on ta somethin'. Sewer chicken that was not."

Elizabeth: "Yeah. Underground," she wrinkled her nose as if she was smelling something bad. "Damp as well. And cold..."

Nezhno: "Ok now this is getting wierd."

Elizabeth: "Ah, it's about average really."

Rogue: Rogue chewed her lip, "Ah think we should follow it...Him... Her?"

Miranda: "What are you guys talking about? Dude, bums are like.... they can be scary."

Jason: "Funny enough but I'm not really all that keen on following strange people down dark tunnels."

Nezhno: "I actually agree with Rogue. We should investigate."

Elizabeth: "Especially seeing as we don't know what power they could have."

Rogue: She gave Miranda a reassuring smile, "Yeah, sometimes... But that wasn't just a bum." She arched an eyebrow at Liz. "C'mon. Ya have me, tha mutant power sucker. That won't be much issue, Ah'm sure."

Nezhno: "Besides, I think we can take care of ourselves if anything happens."

Elizabeth: "I don't really think going down into the sewers to chase up Master Splinter over there, after having drunk would be wise. Especially with a great lack of information."

Rogue: "He might not be in tha sewer yet. We could catch him above ground still. Never said anythin' 'bout goin' in tha sewers."

Raya: "And everything else." She added for Lizzie. "But...we might be able to just see what or who he is....he might need some help, you know?"

Miranda: Miranda stamped out her cigarette and hugged herself, not sure at all what these people were carrying on about.

Elizabeth: "Oh yes, cockiness is always a wonderful weapon. I suggest we go back, or enjoy the rest of our evening, find out more, then do something."

Jason: Jason tilted his head at everyone, wondering if there had been some train of cocaine going on at the bar that he hadn't been aware of. "Did we miss the dragging sound and him not being in sight anymore? Let's not follow strange people in dark places when we don't know what's going on."

Rogue: "Ah ain't cocky. Just statin' a fact. Ya obviously don't know me very well."

Elizabeth: "I'm just stating that we can't go down there unprepared. That's cocky."

Raya: Raya shrugged lightly. "I could always go after him, I mean, it's not really going to hurt me if I'm dust..."

Jason: "This is how people get killed in really bad horror movies. I am really rather fond of living."

Rogue: "What if what he was draggin' was a person? An' that person needed help? Then find out t'morrow mornin' on tha news that person was found dead or somethin'. How would y'all feel?"

Elizabeth: "I can tell you for a damn fact it wasn't," she tapped the side of her head.

Jason: "I think we would have seen if it was a body, we could see him pretty well and he wasn't carrying anything before we heard the noise."

Nezhno: "I agree with Rogue. We need to find out what the hell is going on. Besides we can take care of ourselves if somthing gets hairy."

Elizabeth: "That person doesn't want to be followed so we're better off leaving alone until we know more, actually scrounge up a blueprint of the tunnel system so we know where we're going."

Rogue: Rogue shook her head slightly, knowing Lizzie was partially right, but something was nagging at her about it.

Raya: "Well... we can always depend on Rogue to get us out before we're really hurt. Being that she can't be." Raya listened to all the arguing for a moment, blinking as so many of the words overlapped. "If you want to stay up here, maybe you can listen for us if we need help." she rubbed her temple, thinking as she talked, turning to Lizzie and Jason.

Elizabeth: "I'm not officially taking over from Rankin til August but anyone dares go down there, you will be in shit. Got it?"

Nezhno: Nezhno knew that they were right. It was foolish to go down there unprepared.

Jason: Jason tilted his head at Lizzie now, wondering if she realized just what she was saying in front of someone who wasn't exactly part of their group.

Elizabeth: "Running off on a whim and an idea is never a wise idea. This is something to look into, but not now."

Rogue: "Don't threaten me, Liz." Rogue narrowed her eyes a bit. "Ah came out ta have a good time t'night, not get threatened by you."

Elizabeth: "Then stop going on and on Rogue and go have a good time."

Rogue: "Did Ah say anythin' else? No. So just drop it, alright?"

Raya: Raya looked to Miranda, who was noticeably looking lost, and smiled apologetically. "i'm sorry....we kinda tend to argue sometimes. I guess, human nature?" she shrugged, trying a laugh and a smile towards the girl.

Nezhno: "How about we go back inside and enjoy the rest of our night. And tomorrow morning we get to work on this whole 'mysterious sewer man who may or may not be carrying a person with him' business."

Miranda: This was getting uncomfortable... and why the hell would they want to go after that bum?! "Aheheh... yeah." She tried to smile herself, fumbling for another cig.

Elizabeth: Lizzie shook her head and turned away. She was making notes about this when she got back to school. If this behaviour carried on in class...

Rogue: Rogue looked over at Miranda and saw her messing with a cigarette pack, "Mind if Ah bum one, hun?"

Jason: Jason found himself rubbing his temple. Oh this was going to be one hell of a headache come morning. "Nobody's threatening anyone as far as I can see, just pointing out truths. Anyway, that's well over now."

Miranda: "Um, sure!" She took one out for Rogue and handed it over before getting her own, lighting it and handing her the lighter, then realizing maybe she didn't need a lighter and nearly dropping it.

Rogue: "Being told Ah'll be in shit if Ah do whatever Ah choose ta do isn't threatenin'? Ah'm mah own person an' we ain't at school'r on any kind of -" Rogue stopped before saying the word mission, remembering Miranda. "So, Ah don't hafta do what she says. Ah ain't stupid enough ta go down there without people with me, so Ah ain't goin', but Ah damn sure want to now that she's said that."

Rogue: She caught the lighter as Miranda fumbled with it and lit the cigarette taking a slow drag. Remy would kill her. But not like she cared at the moment.

Rogue: "Thanks, sug."

Jason: Exactly how many times are we going to bring up school and school related things around this girl? Jason eyed the wall, wondering if brain damage would be a welcome change at the moment. Maybe it was just the drinking but there was just a bit too much idiocy going on at the moment.

Raya: Raya gave a small smile to Miranda. "Wow. Crazy night. Summer kinda makes us all a little stir-crazy, doesn't it?" She did note the tension between the rest of the group members....and, yeah. "It was cool to meet you again."

Nezhno: "It was nice to meet you Miranda." Nezhno said as he gave Miranda a little smile.

Miranda: "Y-yeah! You too!" She knew she was smoking that cigarette way too fast, but she just wanted back inside. "Maybe we can work on those night moves again sometime without the squirrel?"

Elizabeth: Lizzie caught Jason's eye and shook her head. Oh yeah. This was definately being noted. And she was just going to stick to Hellfire. And some people had weird ideas of threats. She wasn't hardly going to stab anyone in the face with a psiblade...More detention if anyone went down that bloody manhole.

Rogue: Rogue smirked, "Totally. Ah think Graydon has mah phone number. Gimme a call sometime, yeah?"

Jason: Jason caught Lizzie's eye and had to swallow a laugh that wanted to come out.

Raya: "Yeah, that'd be great; he's got mine too." Raya smiled pleasantly as she watched the cigarette disappear a little quickly. "Enjoy your girl's night, Miranda, I hope you have a good time. The music's pretty good to dance, if you meet a cute guy."

Miranda: "Absolutely." She hurridly stamped out her cigarette. "I gotta pee, and Debra probably thinks I died. You guys... have fun too." She gave them all a little wave and with a last furtive glance down the alley went back inside.

Jason: Jason waved a bit absently and glanced around at the others. "So...home?"

Rogue: Rogue finished off hers and flicked it away, "Sounds like a plan. Ain't been more ready ta go back."

Nezhno: "I'm ready as well." Nezhno replied

Elizabeth: "Might as well," she made a face as she looked in her bag again. Could have sworn she had...Never mind.
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Esynthia »

[Instance placeholder]
ImageImage

Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Esynthia »

[Instance placeholder]
ImageImage

Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Birthday Island

Post by Esynthia »

Sam: He took a couple of staggering steps hitting the sand - he'd still not gotten the hang of that quite yet, but at least there wasn't a faceplant. He turned, trying to look more composed and gave her a smile. "Outta the way and a small little beach, but it's just a perfect size for the two of us, hey?"

Rogue: Rogue gave him a broad smile and looked around before stepping up to him and giving him a soft kiss on the cheek. "It's just perfect, sugah. Ya tha best." She gave him a wicked grin, "Is this why y'all asked me where Ah'd go?" Rogue looked around again, "It's absolutely beautiful."

Sam: "Yeah. I figured it's be nice." He wrapped his arms around her. "Ah mean, we coulda gone someplace fancy, but then there's all those people and all that noise. If we've got the ability to go to a little private bit of area then why not." Releasing her he took her hand. "Come on. Ah picked up some things and brought them up here before Ah came to get you."

Rogue: Rogue gave a small laugh, feeling like a kid on Christmas morning. "What is it?" She followed him along the beach, still taking her time to look around. "How in tha world did ya find this place, sugah?"

Sam: "Flew up the coast this time for the hell of it and then got that idea for your birthday. Ah mean, everyone can take their girl out to a big fancy restraurant for their birthday, but not everyone can do this, can they?" He gave her a shaky grin. "Uh, this is alright, right?"

Rogue: Rogue held his face in both hands and gave him a hard kiss, pulling back with a bright smile, "It's more than alright, Rebel. It's better'n Ah coulda even imagined. Ah love you."

Sam: He smiled, glad he got it right. Tugging her a bit further up to a bush he pulled out a box of things. "Ah got a blanket here we can lay on, and some towels incase we wanted to swim. He drug out a big insulated bin. "And Ah did get us dinner. Ah didn't make it, so don't worry. We may not be at a restaurant, but Ah still thought we could eat from one." He cracked the lid and smelt. "Mmm. Yeah, seems like it's still nice and hot."

Rogue: She gave him a grin and rolled her eyes, "Ya ain't that bad at cookin'. But Ah 'preciate it," she winked. "What'd ya get?" She leaned over and smelled what was coming out, "Mmm. That smells delicious, babe." She ran her fingers through his hair and gave him another kiss on the cheek before sitting down. "Damn... Twenty-two... Ah cain't even believe it." She made a face, "Ah'm gettin' old," she mock-complained.

Sam: He snorted and was about to say something when he closed his mouth. Instead he picked up the blanket and set it out to give himself time to think. "Well, Ah don't think you're old. Ah usually don't think about our age difference all anymore, unless things like this come up." He started setting the plates and things out. "Ah think you're just perfect. Age don't mean anythin' to me as far as that goes."

Rogue: Rogue moved onto the blanket and leaned back on her hands, watching him with a small smile. "Well, 'this kinda thing' happens 'bout twice a year. Once f' me, once f' y'all..." She shrugged, "Guessin' ya right. It don' matter, but still... Feel like Ah'm robbin' tha cradle at times." She shrugged and leaned over to open another container, "Mmm. What shall we eat first?"

Sam: "Everythin'?" He said with a sheepish grin. "Ah got lots but Ah'm hungry as a horse." He cracked the lid off of more of them. "Ah got all sorts of things. Eggrolls, stir frys, rice, sweet n sour stuff, almond chicken..." He passed her a pair of chopsticks. "Take your pick darlin'."

Rogue: Rogue chewed her lip as she took the chopsticks, trying to decide what to dig into first and trying to make the chopsticks work right. "Ah'm used ta usin' these with gloves on.. More grip." She laughed at herself and ended up picking out some chicken and eggrolls. She took a vegetable out of the stir-fry and held it out for him. "Got a pretty good selection, sugah."

Sam: He bit it off the chopsticks and nodded, chewing before he talked. "Well Ah wasn't sure what you'd like exactly. Ah'd have gotten some different kinda food, but Ah thought that this'd keep the best." He got a bit closer to her so that their knees touched. "Ah'll pretty much eat anythin', but Ah hope that you like this."

Rogue: "Y'all know me, sugah. Ah'll eat just 'bout anythin' too. Cain't complain much after not gettin' a whole lot as a kid." She smiled at him, "Ah 'preciate y'all takin' what Ah like inta consideration though. An' ya right. This does keep real good." She took a vegetable for herself. "It's delicious, darlin'."

Sam: He ate in silence for a while, hungry as hell and content to just watch her and the waves. "So...what does it feel like to be twenty two? Is this what you expected?"

Rogue: Rogue frowned in thought, staying silent for a bit, chewing on the end of her chopstick. "Ah dunno.. Ah mean, it kinda snuck up on me this year, ya know... An' Ah don't really feel any older. Know Ah am, but Ah just don't feel it." She looked over at him, "Do Ah look any older?"

Sam: "Not at all. Ah think you got a while before you gotta worry about grey hairs and wrinkles darlin'." He pulled the chopstick from her mouth and kissed her. "All this good food and you're eatin' the wood?"

Rogue: Rogue laughed and felt a slight blush color her cheeks. "Maybe Ah was a beaver in another life," she suggested a bit sheepishly. "Hope Ah never get too many wrinkles. But Ah know it's inevitable with how Ah worry all tha time." She grinned over at him, "When y'all head back this time... What would ya think if Ah followed ya along?"

Sam: His smile got wider. "Ah'd love that. There's still a lotta places Ah've not shown you yet." Snagging a last peice of chicken he pushed the food to one side. "You wanna go for a walk? There's some neat animal trails up into the brush there. Or we can play in the water. Still warm enough."

Rogue: Rogue gave a shrug and smiled at him, "Ah'll do whatever y'all wanna do. Ah'm thrilled enough just ta be here with y'all." She leaned over and gave him a lingering kiss. "We have all evenin', too, so we could do it all."

Sam: "It's your birthday though." He shook his head. "Ah suppose we're gonna just sit here lookin' at each other an' sayin' 'you choose', hey?" He looped his arm around her and smiled as she snuggled in closer to him. "Oh! Damn. Ah nearly forgot your present."

Rogue: "Ya mean there's more?" Rogue gave him an excited smile, "Ya didn't have ta get me a present. This is really more than what Ah expected." She kissed his shoulder and looked up at him for a moment, trying to act calm. She laughed after a moment, "Ok, what is it?"

Sam: He got up and dug more in the box, bringing out a small wrapped gift. She was so surprised he was shyly happy about it. "Well, it's your birthday. Ah'm your boyfriend. Of course Ah got you somethin'."

Rogue: "All ya had ta get me was y'all visitin'," she smirked. Rogue chewed her lip, trying to keep her smile small as she took the gift from him and started to unwrap it slowly, drawing out the time to tease herself as much as him. She gave a laugh when she finally got the mp3 player unwrapped. "Sam, this is perfect!" She leaned over and gave him a big kiss. "Ah've been needin' one o' these f' when Ah work out. Thanks, sugah."

Sam: "Ah already opened it." He gave her another shy grin. "Programmed your favorite music on it already, but there is room for more if you want. Ah'm glad you like it."

Rogue: Rogue laughed a bit, "Y'all're amazin'. Absolutely tha best boyfriend a gal could ask f'." She looked the box over, reading the details about it, "This is absolutely perfect. Thank y'all so much." She set the box aside and tackled him, giving him quick kisses all over his face and neck, trying not to laugh while doing it.

Sam: "Ack!" He laughed and tried not to land on the leftovers. "Ah think you'd say that about anythin' Ah'd get you. Ah just was searchin' mah brain and that's the best Ah could come up with..."

Rogue: "No Ah wouldn't... Like, f' instance... If y'all bought me a trash compactor. Think Ah'd give ya a flat stare an' tell ya thanks anyway, but take it back." She laughed some and went back to kissing him.

Sam: "Oh even Ah'm not that naive." He rolled over so that they were both laying on their sides. "Where do you see this goin' Marie? Ah mean...life. Us. Things." He gave her a kiss on her hand.

Rogue: Well shit. She hadn't been expecting that. She gave a small laugh, "Ain't it tha gal who's supposed ta be askin' that normally?" Rogue chewed her lip as her joke fell flat to her own ears. "Ah dunno, sugah... Ah really don't. Ah try not ta think 'bout it too much, ta be honest. Ah just... Tha future's so uncertain, ya know? Why? Do y'all have a thought on it?"

Sam: "Well...Ah've been thinkin' some, yeah. Ah'm not ready to make any sorta big calls y' know? Ah don't wanna jump into things like Ben did. That just seems too hurried to me." He gave her a half smile. "But whenever Ah do think of things in the future...you're in it."

Rogue: She gave him a small smile, "Really?" Rogue shifted a bit nervously next to him, tucking her hair behind her ear. "Ah ain't sure what ta say ta that... How can ya be so sure?"

Sam: "Well Ah wouldn't be with you otherwise. Ah mean...Ah'm not into a casual sorta relationship. If Ah'm in one...it's cause Ah want to be here. Ah wouldn't be doin' the things with you that Ah'm doin'." His ears pinked a bit at that.

Rogue: "But somethin' could change that in a split second..." She licked her lips, "Ah mean, ya never know what's gonna happen t'morrow'r even a week'r a year from now..." Rogue took a deep breath, not wanting him to think she was trying to say something she wasn't. "Ah'm flattered though, darlin'. Ah'm glad ya think that. Makes me feel good."

Sam: "Ah know it could. Can for anyone. Look at things here - Ah mean...people have had fights and broken up. Your friend's wife died, right? Nothin' in life is guarenteed. You just gotta give yourself up to it - up to God - and try and do as good as you can, right?"

Rogue: "Ah guess..." She chewed her lip some, "Ah just... Ah guess it's not in mah nature ta get mah hopes up f' things." Rogue shrugged some and gave him a small smile.

Sam: "Marie...Ah love you." He leaned forward and kissed her nose. "And Ah'm so proud of that. It's gonna be fun havin' you back home. Just the thought that Ah'd have a girl like you on mah arm." He shook his head. "Ah dunno what Ah did to get this lucky."

Rogue: Rogue smiled and looked down, bringing her hand up to rub her thumb over her bracelet. "Ah love you, too, Sam." She glanced back up at him, "Ah don't think it's y'all that's tha lucky one here, darlin'. Never in a million years did Ah think Ah'd find mahself in a place like this with a guy like y'all."

Sam: "Then we'll do just fine, even with the stuff that's bound to happen." He kissed her briefly. "Ah should warn you about stuff at home...a couple of people in town have started to make a bit of a fuss. It ain't a big deal - they aren't close to the family or anythin', but they do say things."

Rogue: Rogue frowned at that and sat up, "What kinda things? 'Bout y'all? Who is it?"

Sam: "Just some people who're buyin' into all the stuff they hear. Not anyone that really means anythin' to me. They're just all up in arms about talkin' about mutants and how they're a danger." He sat up as well and shrugged. "It's just cause it's a small town...Ah mean everyone knows about me."

Rogue: "Don't matter if they mean anythin'r not. Sam, they shouldn't even be thinkin' that kinda thing. 'Specially since they know y'all. Even if they don't know ya well, ya can tell just from talkin' ta ya f' two minutes that ya a perfect gentleman." She frowned at him and stood up to pace by the blanket, starting to feel herself getting more riled up. She finally stopped and looked over at him, "If they hurt y'all... Ah'll kill 'em. Ah swear it."

Sam: "Don't worry...it's not like that." He frowned. "Ah mean, they're just talk. And it's not most of the town. Just a few people, alright?"

Rogue: She sighed and shook her head, "No. No, it ain't alright. Sam, those people... They know yall. They should know that's wrong..." She finally sat back down on the edge of the blanket and looked over her shoulder at him with a worried look, "Ah refuse ta let anybody do anythin' ta y'all."

Sam: "Come here." He tucked her under his arm. "Nothin' is gonna happen. It's a small town, right? It's kinda like a huge family. There's always your grumpy old uncle and the aunt that gossips. But there's also the cousin that helps you move and the grandma that'll feed you up with sweets. It's just...it'll be just fine. Ah just don't go around bein' really different infront of them to smooth things over."

Rogue: Rogue nestled herself into him and took a deep breath, closing her eyes. "Alright. Ah love you. Promise me... Promise that if things get worse y'all won't keep it from me." She looked up at him, "Ah know how much y'all hate havin' me wantin' ta fight f' y'all an' how much ya believe that it's y'all's job... But please don't keep it from me."

Sam: "Ah'll tell you. Ah told you about this, didn't Ah? And Ah'm fine. Ah can handle this - as much as Ah appreciate it, darlin', Ah can look out for myself. Ah'm a big boy." He winked at her. "Ah do get why you want to protect me though. Ah feel the same way about you."
ImageImage

tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

omfg. I want chinese food now. ...not that I'd be able to eat it with all the teeth-rotting cuteness... :P
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Esynthia »

Sam: He walked, hand in hand with Marie, the familiar smell of dust and hay and...well other things on the breeze. Farming held a bouquet of smells, and not all of them were 'good' but they all made him feel like he was at home. And he was bery proud to be here, going to the Dickson's barn dance with the prettiest girl in the whole country on his arm.

Rogue: Rogue smiled over at Sam then turned her attention to the path they were on, closing in on a crowd of people who were laughing and talking. There was music playing and a warm light coming from inside the barn. She was a bit nervous about being here with so many people, but it was important to him and it really wasn't that big of a deal. She just had to make sure to stay on her guard...As always. "So, Ah've never been ta one o' these... Whaddya wanna do first?"

Sam: "Wellll...usually you dance." He gave her a grin and a peck on her nose. "Ah mean, Ah'm sure we'll have to say a few hellos and then we can dance till we're footsore an' need a break."

Rogue: Rogue laughed, "Well, Ah know that... But ain't there like punch an' things kinda like school dances? Seems only polite ta have refreshments, right?" She kissed his cheek, "But Ah could definitely dance, sugah. Lead tha way. A few hello's seems like a small price ta pay ta spend tha rest of tha evenin' in y'alls arms," she winked at him.

Sam: "Yeah, there's always a stack of things. Pies and punch and stuff - remember them pies momma made? Everyone chips in." He ducked his head and smiled again. "Well, Ah think Ah'll be the lucky one here. Ain't any guy that won't be wondering how Ah managed to get such a lovely date." His face took on a weird look. "Uh, just one warnin'. Some of the older ladies...they tend to be match makin'. So don't be surprised if they're talkin' stuff like marriage and all. They do it to everyone."

Rogue: Rogue's broad smile faded at the mention of marriage. "Oh... Make sure ta point them out so Ah can politely avoid 'em, please..." She cleared her throat and looked around, "No offense, sugah, but that's... That's a lil overbearin', ya know?" Damn. Marriage? She loved Sam, sure, but calling him her husband? The thought of having one at all scared her a bit.

Sam: "Well anyone over fifty then." He gave a weak chuckle. "And yeah, Ah know, but this is just how things go. Just smile and nod and then say you have to powder your nose."

Rogue: She gave a nervous chuckle and nodded, "Alright. Think Ah can do that." She looked over at the sawdust covered floor and smirked a bit, pulling him towards it. "Can we just skip tha hello's an' head straight f' tha dancin'?" She kissed him gently, "Please?"

Sam: "Sure." He took her hands and let her lead him out onto the floor, busy with other throngs of people all pounding out the bouncy country beat with their shoes. Putting a hand on her waist and swiveling her other hand in his palm so that they faced the same way he grinned. "Ready?" At her nod he started with a hop, leaping into the crowd with gusto, following the familiar patterns of the dance as he always had.

Rogue: Rogue laughed as she followed along with him, "This is great, Rebel!" They followed the dance and the patterns of the lines people were forming, circles they were creating. It wasn't taking her mind fully off of the prospect of older women talking to her about marriage, though. That still had her stomach in a bit of a knot. What was the point of getting married if you couldn't have children anyway... She shook her head and smiled at Sam, trying to blow it off.

Sam: "Yeah, well it's not quite like we get up at the school is it?" Spinning her around fast he grinned as she just trusted him and followed his lead. "You're a good dancer! Where'd you learn?"

Rogue: "Ah taught mahself... Mostly." She smirked at him, "Thanks, darlin'." Rogue leaned into him, pressing a bit closer as he kept them moving, "What 'bout y'all. Sure know how ta keep a gal on her toes," she smiled, "In tha best possible way, of course."

Sam: He laughed. "Well Ah'm glad to hear that you like it. And Ah guess just from practice. Mah family's been comin' to these things since Ah could walk. Probably before that." He nodded over to the corner where his parents were standing, talking to another couple. "It's what we do for fun. Blow off the steam of workin' hard like we do."

Rogue: "Blowin' off steam's always good... Thinkin' we got other ways ta do that now though, huh?" She gave a small smile when his mother looked over and she chewed her lip, turning her attention back to Sam. "Speakin' o' that... Y'all ain't told ya parents, right?"

Sam: He flushed at her suggestion and then shook his head firmly. "Um, no. Definately not. Ah don't think that'd be such a good idea." He searched her eyes. "Ah mean, Ah don't regret things at all. It's just somethin' Ah don't think Ah should do. Ah mean...do you think Ah should?"

Rogue: "No. No, definitely should not tell 'em." She laughed some and gave him another kiss. "Glad ya didn't." Rogue smiled at some who people danced around them, "Think we can go get somethin' ta drink, maybe? It's gettin' a bit crowded out here."

Sam: "For sure." He wrapped an arm around her and guided her to the refreshment table. "Everythin's non-alcoholic...but there's pretty much anythin' you can imagine. Lemonade, punch, sweet tea. And food." He gave a silly smile to her on the last. "Ah think you know about me and food..."

Rogue: "Ah do," she smirked and pat his thigh lovingly, "An' so do ya hollow legs." She went and poured herself a glass of sweet tea, giving a smile and a polite hello to the women by the table, narrowly avoiding getting dragged into conversation. "Boy, think Ah might just drag yall up ta tha roof an' hide f' a while."

Sam: He blushed again, looking around carefully to make sure they weren't overheard. While he knew damn well sweethearts sometimes went and found spots in the hayloft to talk and kiss and things...the roof was much more private. The older folks were reasonbly tolerant of some canoodling at least. He thought of something secondarily. "We've not been here really long. This ok?"

Rogue: She gave him a confused look, "Is what ok, sugah?" Rogue looked around, "This? Yeah, it's great, darlin'," she smiled at him. "Why? Did Ah say somethin' wrong?"

Sam: "Ah just worried that it wasn't to your likin'." He took a glass of punch and then settled into getting himself a large piece of pie. "But if it was just me you wanted...then that's alright. You want some?" He waved the homemade pie infront of her.

Rogue: She laughed a bit and made a show of following the plate with her head, taking a deep whiff of it. "Smells delicious. Sure, why not?" She took a drink of her tea and looked over her shoulder at the women who were now watching her, "No, sugah, it's fine here. It's a real nice atmosphere... Just, a bit scary if ya get too close ta gabbin' women."

Rogue: Rogue placed a soft kiss on his neck, "Was just teasin' 'bout goin' ta hide... But we can if ya want." She gave his jaw a kiss then pulled back for another drink, acting as if she hadn't just done that. "We need ta talk anyhow."

Sam: He twitched a bit and blushed again as he caught the eye of one of his friends that was giving him a sort of thumbs up look. Then he tensed up, fork halfway to his mouth. "Oh? Talk about what?"

Rogue: "Just 'bout things." She took his hand in hers and turned it so the fork was facing her and she took the bite. "Shouldn't really keep puttin' it off... AIn't smart."

Sam: Ok...'things' wasn't always a good answer. But she was happy and relaxed, so it couldn't be anything bad. But God, why did women have to be so slippery with words. It wasn't just Marie. Was all of them. "Ok..." He finally took the bite so he didn't look like an ass.

Rogue: "Ya wanna just do it here, or ya wanna go outside? Or up ta tha loft?" She chewed her lip some and grabbed an extra fork, taking another bite of his pie. "In my opinion, we shouldn't be 'round all these eavesdroppin' ears f' this conversation, but it's up ta y'all."

Sam: "Oh." He looked around and quickly finished his pie and put the crockery in the bin where it belonged. "Ok..." He realized he wasn't very verbose. "Ah think Ah know a spot...Ah don't think that it's too wise to be flyin' right about now." He took her hand and led her out of the barn.

Sam: And ran right smack into someone he didn't want to see. "Oh. Dang. Ah'm sorry...Kendra." He had manners at least. Kendra was dusting her skirt down like he'd soiled it somehow, eyeing both him and Marie.

Rogue: Rogue's eyebrows went up as he said her name and she gave him a brief glance before looking back at the girl. "Hey," she gave a polite smile, "Ah'm Rogue." If there was one thing she didn't want to do while here was meet her. Rogue would have extended her hand for a shake, but from the look they were getting her guess was that it would be ignored.

Rogue: "Sorry 'bout us bumpin' ya like that..." Rogue gave a look to Sam again and squeezed his hand slightly, giving it a light tug, "C'mon, sugah."

Sam: "Oh...yeah." He was really sounding intelligent now. He'd said 'oh' for most of their damn conversation. "Have a nice evenin'." He said reflexively over his shoulder, walking with Marie till they were out of the ring of light. "So, the place Ah was thinkin'...it's jus' a short walk. And it's still 'public' enough that people won't think we're up to...well things that'll make mah parents ask questions."

Rogue: Rogue looked over her shoulder, watching Kendra go into the barn. She frowned a bit, taking a second to process what Sam had said. "Yeah, sugah... That's fine." She slipped her hand from his to hug his arm with hers as her other hand came across to grab his now freed hand. "That was... Interestin'. Thought she was over y'all? That look she gave us... Damn."

Sam: He dipped his head, feeling old stuff bubbling up under the surface. "Ah don't think it was jealousy or anythin' of the like. Ah think it's more that we're mutants."

Rogue: "Oh." She walked with him in silence for a while, thinking over that and trying to put together how she wanted to say things to him when they got where he was taking her. "Ah don't like her," she finally said, a bit quiet.

Sam: "What?"

Sam: He gave an little uncertain laugh. "You don't even know her." Finally finding the place he wanted he pulled her to sit in an old fashioned porch swing that had been attached to a big oak limb. "Is it cause of what we did before?"

Rogue: "No. It's 'cause o' how she treated y'all... How she looked at us. It ain't nice." She sighed and cuddled up against him as he put his arm over her shoulders. "'Sides which, Ah'm tha 'new girlfriend' an' she's tha 'old girlfriend'," she smirked to show she was teasing, "Ain't that how it's supposed ta work?"

Sam: He raised a brow. "Well that mean Ah'm allowed to hate your ex's?" And then he coughed cause he realized that was very true with Vic.

Rogue: "Sure. Seein' as how Ah only have one whom Ah ain't all that fond of anyhow." She smirked and rested her head on his shoulder as she pushed them to start swinging gently. "Sugah, Ah think we really gotta talk 'bout stuff. But, Ah wanna know what ya thinkin' Ah'm meanin' first."

Sam: Oh...well he had enough sisters to not fall for this wise one. This is where they went and had you list out all the things you felt guilty of but they didn't know about. Then they could catch your ass at everything and you'd assume that they always knew. "Ah'm sure Ah have no idea, darlin'. But Ah'm havin' to lean on the dirtier side of things if we couldn't talk in the barn."

Rogue: "Yep. That's it..." She chewed her lip some, "Ah just... Ah think we need ta talk 'bout what happened an' 'bout some things that probably won't happen..." Rogue lifted her head to look at him, "Y'all ok with that? Or should Ah just put it off s'more?"

Sam: "Oh no, Ah think it'd be good to talk about." He took her hand in both of his. "You aren't feelin' bad about it are you? Ah know it's a big step. And seemin' as we were both of each others firsts..."

Rogue: She shook her head a bit, "No, darlin'. Ah ain't feelin' bad. Not really. Feels a bit weird, but think it's just gonna take some gettin' used ta, ya know?" Rogue gave him a bright smile, "Makes me feel good that Ah was y'alls first too, though, ya know." She leaned up and gave him a lingering kiss, "Real good."

Rogue: "Y'all ain't feelin' bad are ya?" She put her free hand on top of his in slight anticipation of him saying yes.

Sam: "No, no." His smile came back, shy and soft. "Ah'm...it was pretty special all right." He leaned across to kiss her gently, but it got caught up in something more complex as she leaned into him.

Rogue: "Ah'm glad ya thought so," she murmured before kissing him again. After a moment she pulled away and took a breath - she had to stay focused or she would never get around to talking to him. "Sam," she started a bit nervously, taking a small pause to gather her words, "Ah had a few things Ah'd wanted ta talk ta ya 'bout... 'Bout all o' that."

Sam: "Ok." He backed off a bit. Oh shit. "Ah didn't...do it wrong did Ah?"

Rogue: "Goodness, no!" She gave him a slightly uncharacteristic shy smile, "Y'all did everythin' right." Rogue took a deep breath, "Ah just, Ah don't want y'all thinkin' we gotta do it again just 'cause we did it tha once. Ah still don't want y'all ta feel pressured 'bout any of it. An' then there's tha whole condom thing... An' kids..."

Rogue: She sighed, "Ah just don't want y'all gettin' ya hopes up f' a future where we could have kids." Rogue chewed her lip some, why was she discussing having children with him when she was too scared to even think the word 'marriage'?

Sam: She was going through a lot of issues quickly. "What? Kids?" He blinked. "Ah know about the whole thing with your powers, Marie. We talked about that lots before." He squeezed her hand again. "It don't change nothin'."

Rogue: "Y'all asked me 'fore we did anythin' if Ah was a hundred percent sure that Ah cain't... Ah just think y'all should know that Ah pretty much am. Ah mean, Ah think Ah'd be open ta options, but there's no way anythin' could survive." She gave a small shrug, "Just sayin'. An', Ah didn't want y'all ta freak out if one time we kinda got lost in stuff an' didn't use protection. Tryin' ta reassure y'all f' tha most part Ah think."

Rogue: "Not that we'd do it again if y'all didn't wanna," she added a bit quickly. "'Cause, like Ah said, still no pressure..."

Sam: "Oh, Ah wanna." He made a face at how eager he sounded. "And...Ah still think you should talk to the doctor. Ah mean, what if you...your baby would be immune from you? Or you learned control?" He stumbled badly over baby.

Rogue: "If mah family ain't immune from me, nothin' says a baby would be." She shrugged, "But alright. If it'll make y'all feel better." Rogue chewed her lip and leaned her head on his shoulder again, staring blankly at the landscape for a few moments. "Ah've pretty much come ta terms with not learnin' control though."

Sam: "But you have with me." He said softly, rubbing her hand between his. "Ah dunno, but you're still young, Marie. Don't give up yet."

Rogue: "Ain't given up, Rebel. Just copin', Ah guess." She broke her stare and lifted her head to smile at him, "An' that's all that matters really. Ah can touch y'all." Rogue snuggled a bit closer to him and leaned up for a kiss, "What more could Ah want?"

Sam: Kissing her back he brushed her hair behind her ear, brown mingling with the white. The night was warm, the sounds of crickets and rustling grass strong around them. "Ah think that we can't ask for much more happyness than we have right now."

Rogue: "Ah can think o' somethin'," she murmured quietly as she shifted to straddle his lap, the swing swaying with her movements. She laughed as she nearly fell into him, but righted herself and kissed him again. "Ah love you."

Sam: "Ah love you too." And he let the night fall away around him as he wrapped himself up in awareness of his lover.

[Edited on 11/2/2008 by Esynthia]
ImageImage

Love das flockige
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Love das flockige »

I love how frank those two are with each other. It's very real and so endearing! Bravo!
Support Love's business, visit Kinosei: Plushies by MG

http://plushiesbymg.wordpress.com
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Rogue: Rogue gave Tante a smile and Johnny a big hug and spun him around a bit after she got through the door. He laughed at it and hugged her back before she put him down so he could run and play. Rogue went to the kitchen first, grabbing a fresh cookie Tante had offered then snuck to Remy's office, knocking on the doorframe, "Boo."

Remy: He looked up from his paperwork, smiling at her. "Hey! Haven't seen much of y'." Pushing his chair back he stood and gave her a hug. "Y' been alright?"

Rogue: "Mmhmm, been amazin'," she smiled and hugged him back, squeezing a bit. "Wanna take a break?" She pulled back and took a bite of the cookie, offering him some also. "Summer's been kinda busy lately, huh?"
Remy: "Sure." He munched contendedly. "Love d' ones wit' d' walnuts in dem. What did y' have in mind?"

Rogue: "Ah dunno, maybe just talk f' a bit. Go out f' a drink later?" She took another bite and looked around the room and up at the ceiling, trying to act innocent, "Celebrate mah birthday late?" Rogue winked at him and started walking away from the office, towards the deck.

Remy: "Oh, oui, sounds good. Let me get Johnny down first before we go out though. I don' wanna miss puttin' him down." A small shriek started upstairs and he grinned, grabbing her arm. "Why don' we head on outside for now, Rahne's tryin' t' get her t' sleep an' by d' sounds of it, not havin' much luck."

Rogue: Rogue snickered as Remy led her outside, "How's tha baby doin'? Still ain't gotten ta meet her yet... Ain't so sure Rahne'd be real fond o' that idea." She grabbed the plate of cookies on the way by and cradled them to her body as they made it to the deck.

Remy: "Ah, Rahne'll come around." He gave Tante a kiss on the cheek as he passed her and she gave him a kind pat in return. He opened the door for Rogue, following her out to the far end of the deck. Stripping his socks off he plunked down at the far end of it, dabbling his feet in the water.

Rogue: Rogue sat on the deck next to Remy, legs crossed and the plate nestled in the hollow between them. She leaned back on an arm and looked out at the water, "Yeah, Ah doubt that. But it's alright. Ah don't mind her blamin' me or bein' mad at me anymore. Ain't nothin' Ah can do ta change it, might as well not let it effect me." She smiled over at him and took up another cookie.

Remy: "Worry ain't gonna change anythin' so dat's good. Y' should jus' chill an' be easy about it. As y're doin'." He took his own cookie. "So how was y're birthday anyways? What did y' do?"

Rogue: Rogue smiled to herself as she looked away from him, wondering what to tell him and what to keep from him. After a moment, she looked back at him, a bit thoughtful. "It was really good. Tha best Ah've had in a while. Sam had set up a picnic on a secluded beach he'd found while flyin' up here ta visit."

Remy: "Oh yeah? Sounds nice." He titled his head at her, noting that she was a bit solemn. "Y' been down t' see him too, oui?"

Rogue: "Yeah. He took me ta a barn dance. It was fun." She smiled a bit again and took a bite of the cookie. "Don't like his ex much though. Met her there." Rogue glanced over at him, "Ain't been seein' y'all're Vic enough. Or Bobby even... Or Rae. Damn... Ain't seen much o' anybody. Been too busy with him an' workin' when he ain't 'round." She smiled again to herself and took another bite. "What've y'all been doin'?"

Remy: "Dat's life, neh? Never enough hours in d' day." He shrugged. "Bit of dis an' dat, but mainly helpin' Rahne wit' Marie." His eyes slid to hers, full of amusement at the name. "She's a bit of a handful. Got a chance t' go dancin' wit' Cessily an' other stuff while Johnny was gone though. I'm glad t' have him back though."

Rogue: Rogue's eyes twinkled to match his, "Yeah, with that name, who wouldn't be a handful." She laughed a bit and leaned over to bump him with her shoulder. "That's good. Glad ya got ta go out. Miss hangin' out with y'all though. Gonna get a bit jealous soon," she teased, "Ain't got enough time f' Anna now an' days?"

Remy: "Of course I do. Y' jus' gotta wait in line I guess." He sighed but with a warm smile. "Y' know it's jus' gonna get crazier in ways when we got stuff t' add t' it like school work. But Rahne's feelin' better wit' Marie an' Tante's helpin' too - so it's good." He nudged her back. "So what can I get y' for y're birthday?"

Rogue: Rogue mock glared, "Ah shouldn't hafta wait in line, damnit." The cookie received a ruthless bite until she couldn't hold her seriousness anymore and smirked at him. "Ah dunno. Don't hafta get me anythin'. Didn't last year," she poked her tongue out at him. "Ah'm just teasin', sugah. Ah don't want anythin' though. Already got tha best present Ah coulda asked f'."

Remy: "Oh? An' what was dat?" He reached up and flicked her nose. "I could get y' a pony. What's better dan a pony?"

Rogue: Rogue flinched at the flick and jerked her head away from him slightly, "Rem, don't." She got her smirk back as she looked at him, "Y'all would not get me a pony. Wouldn't have anywhere ta put it. An' Sam's better'n a pony an' a lot easier ta take care of an' he fits in mah bed."

Remy: He raised a brow. "Ride a cowboy an' save a horse?"

Rogue: Rogue laughed and lay back on the deck and looked up at the stars, "Somethin' like that." She glanced over at him, her green eyes shining with a hint of delight.

Remy: "I'm glad y're happy wit' him. Y' must be missin' each other." He plucked another cookie up and broke a bit off it, crumbling it between his fingers. "All ready for everyone t' come back?"

Rogue: "Yeah, Ah guess so." She sat up and put her hand over his that was crumbling the cookie. "Hey... Ah know tha sayin' goes 'that's tha way tha cookie crumbles', but Ah don't think they meant literally, sug." She took the plate and set it aside so she could sit on her heels and face him, "Ah do miss him. But it's bearable..." She stroked her thumb over his hand, "Know y'all're gonna say no, but that offer still stands."

Rogue: She put her half eaten cookie on the deck to free up her other hand and brought it to meet the other on top of Remy's, "Ya don't have ta shoulder it alone."

Remy: It took him a minute to realize what she meant and he gave her a smile. "Non, but merci. I'm doin' a lot better. Y' just get moments now an' den y' know?"

Remy: He looked out over the water and flicked the crumbs out into it, before popping the rest of the cookie in his mouth, realizing he should have taken two bites of it rather than one. Chipmunk cheeked on the one side he ate it, giving her a smile. "See? Things are good when I can look like an idiot an' still smile about it."

Rogue: "Yeah, Ah do." She gave him a smile and reached up to brush some hair from his eyes, tilting her head a bit to look into them, "Just don't go off tha deep end randomly one day, 'kay? That'd kill me." She winked then sat back, picking her cookie back up. "But moments are ok. S'long as ya ain't gettin' clinically depressed'r nothin'." Rogue couldn't help but laugh at his face, "Y'all're nuts in tha good way then."

Rogue: She was quiet for a few minutes, looking at the water where the crumbs had scattered. "Sam thinks Ah should talk ta Hank 'bout makin' sure Ah cain't get pregnant," she said quietly. "Ah don't want to."

Remy: "Pregnant? Why?" He gave her another look. "Y'all did it, didn't y'?" He grinned. "Well damn girl. Guess it's d' real thing."

Rogue: Rogue felt her cheeks flush and she couldn't look at him, "Ya didn't think it would be?" She chewed her lip a bit, finally getting up the courage to look at him with a teasing expression, "Ah couldn't wait on y'all f'ever, darlin'. Ah'm so sorry." She couldn't help the snickering that followed, but she looked back at the lake with a small sigh, calming herself some. "What'd ya think Ah meant by Sam bein' better'n a pony f' mah birthday?"

Remy: His brow creased slightly at the 'waiting for him', confused, but he widened into a grin. "I knew y'all were foolin' around. I didn't know dat." He got a bit more serious. "So why don' y' wanna talk t' Hank?"

Rogue: "Ain't nothin' he can tell me Ah don't already know f' mahself. But hearin' it come from a professional makes it definite." Her face grew solemn and she looked down at the cookie in her hand. "Ah don't wanna hear voiced by a doctor that it ain't possible f' me ta have kids. Ah know Sam wants me ta get checked out 'cause he thinks there could be a chance Ah could eventually, but Ah just don't think so."

Rogue: She shrugged one shoulder, "Sometimes Ah think he's a bit too bright an' shiny when it comes ta tha world an' how things work. Ah love him so much an' Ah know he means well, but think it'd just break me a li'l ta hear Hank say it."

Remy: "I can get dat." He shrugged. "So jus' be careful for now den. Until y're ready t' discuss it." Wrapping his arm around her shoulder he hugged her close.

Rogue: "Yeah, but here's tha kicker," she leaned into him, "Ah told him Ah'd go. So now Ah'm in a bind. Break a promise'r break mahself." Rogue laughed a bit and rolled her eyes, "Damn, sometimes problems seem so small compared ta others." She pulled away enough to look at him but scooted close enough for their hips to be touching, "Ah'm sorry."

Remy: "Jus' go on d' pill or somethin' an' say dat y're not ready. Ain't dat y' gotta break a promise. Jus' explain things." He patted her leg. "Y're gonna be jus' fine."

Rogue: "Remy," she arched an eyebrow at him, "Do y'all really think it's necessary f' me ta take a pill ta prevent 'gainst somethin' mah body prevents automatically? Seems like a waste o' money an' resources somebody else could be usin' ta me."

Remy: "Well, sounds like its dat or talk t' McCoy. Or dere's condoms." Shaking his head he made a face. "When did I get t' be Annie?"

Rogue: "We use condoms," she thumped his leg. "We ain't stupid. Ah had just wondered out loud what was tha point in 'em, not sayin' we shouldn't be usin' 'em though." Rogue snickered and bumped him with her shoulder again, "This second, Ah guess."

Remy: "Y're a naughty girl." He tutted. "Remind me t' leave y' alone with Johnny when he's got d' flu. Y'll be clingin' to dem condoms."

Rogue: "No Ah wouldn't," she said with a slightly serious, yet sad tone. "But it don't really matter anyhow." Rogue cleared her throat and looked at the rest of the cookie in her hand, tossing it out to the water. "It's better'n Ah thought it'd be," she admitted with a shy smile on her face, trying to get off the topic of babies, but not able to get her mind to anything beyond Sam at the moment.

Remy: He cupped the back of her neck in his palm and pulled her close so that he could kiss the top of her head. "I'm glad for y'. Glad y' got dat."

Rogue: Rogue closed her eyes and the smile grew a tiny bit, "Thanks." She slid her arms around his middle and hugged him close to her, "Ah promise Ah'll make every moment count," she whispered, almost afraid to say it too loud, not wanting to make him hurt.

Remy: "Good girl." He gave her a tight squeeze and let go. "Ok. So no ponies. Y' want a saddle or a crop?" He waggled his brows.

Rogue: "Remy!" Rogue laughed and smacked at his arm, "An' ya called me naughty." She made a 'tsk'ing noise, "What would Tante have ta say ta that." Reflexively, she looked over her shoulder to make sure the woman wasn't watching them. "How 'bout a night out with mah best friend where he buys tha drinks?"

Remy: "Dat sounds fair. Wanna throw dinner in it too?" Eyes darting to the house he made a small noise. "Tante knows how I was. Mind was always corrupt."

Rogue: "Sure, why not. We can go all out. Dancin' too!" She laughed and pushed to stand, picking up the plate then offering him a hand. "Don't think y'all'd be tha same if ya weren't corrupt, Cajun. But it's good. Means ya have stuff ta teach me. Got a willin' student on mah hands now," she gave a wicked grin and waggled her eyebrows.

Remy: He laughed. "Oh dat face on y'. Man, I've let loose a monster. If it wasn't such a good thing, I'd feel sorry for Sam."

Rogue: "Ya know y'all love it," she laughed with him. "Ya should at least 'pologize f' any unbearable pleasure he'll be gettin'," Rogue winked to show she was teasing.

Remy: "Chere I doubt I'm d' one he'll be wantin' t' connect t' dat sorta thing." He gave her a smack on the butt. "Go on in an' take dat plate into Tante before she gives me heck for losin' it."

Rogue: Rogue laughed again and shook her head, eyes lit with humor, "Ya right, Ah'll take all tha credit f' y'all's ideas." She went in and set the plate on the counter, giving Tante a hug before going back out to Remy, "Gonna put Lil Sugah down 'fore we go?" She chewed her lip and gave him a cautious look, "Can Ah help?"

Remy: He gave her an assessing look, seeing that buried desire in her for contact with a child. Generally it was a him and Johnny thing, but it'd be cool. "Yeah. Sure. Y' good at readin' d' same story three times over? It's what he wants." He chuckled.

Rogue: "Sugah, mah job in Baton Rouge was readin' ta kids in a library... Got tha readin' things several times down pat." She gave him a small smile, "Ah'd be content ta just sit in a corner an' watch though... Thanks, Remy."

Remy: "Nah. C'mon in. Y're his auntie, an' he always loves spendin' time wit' y'." His words were underlined as 30 pounds of solid toddler hit his knees.

Rogue: Rogue's small smile got broad instantly as Johnny crashed into Remy and clung to him. "Ain'tcha glad he ain't any taller?" She had to stifle a giggle and reached down to ruffle Johnny's hair, "Y'all do what y'all do. Ah won't disturb ya any. Promise. 'Less'n tha Lil Sugah says he wants me ta do somethin'. Then, how could Ah refuse? Ah mean look at that face an' those charmin' eyes. Watch out, Rem, he'll beat ya on tha gal count one day."

Remy: "Don' even give him ideas. An' it's bedtime. So only bedtime sorta things. Calmin' down time." He picked Johnny up. "I don' wanna have t tell two people t' behave."

Rogue: Rogue held up her hands in a surrender motion, a smile flashing across her face, "Hey, Ah ain't tha one who has tha kid with tha charmin' face." She smirked and gave Johnny a wink, "G'nite, Lil Sugah." She blew him a kiss and followed where Remy was going. "Ah promise. Quiet as a mouse." She 'zipped' her lips and smiled as Johnny laid his head on Remy's shoulder.
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.