Summer 2010: Lorna & Bobby

Check out what goes on between semesters here!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Shaw: Sebastian opened the office door, holding it in place with one perfectly polished shoe as he kissed the back of Lorna's hand. "You're most welcome, and please, let me know of your decision."

Lorna: "We will." Lorna nodded, smiling at the gesture. She supposed she would have to talk everything over with Bobby but as far as she was concerned the decision was almost already made.

Bobby: The kiss really shouldn't bother him, but the guy was just really... smarmy. Bobby schooled his expression as Shaw turned to him to shake his hand. "Sure, I mean, absolutely. Thank you for taking the time to talk to us." He decided to retreat before babbling more bid him farewell, taking Lorna's arm to go find Lizzie in the main room of the Hellfire Club.

Lorna: Lorna got up on her tiptoes briefly to see if she could get a glimpse of Lizzie. "Well, that was definitely something, what do you think about it?"

Bobby: "I don't know." Bobby noticed a guy in black PVC looking at them -- both of them -- as Lorna stretched and put his arm around her bare waist. "I do know this place kinda gives me the creeping willies." He decided to keep moving and finally saw a flash of white lace and purple hair. "Oh, thank God."

Elizabeth: Lizzie gave her little waiter bitch a flick with her duster and rolled her eyes as he scurried off to go get her a drink. This was going to be one of those nights...Glancing around, she finally saw the sought after dynamic duo. "Oh, there you two are! I thought you'd gone home or something."

Lorna: "Yeah, it definitely has it's creepy elements but..." Lorna shrugged then heard Lizzie's greeting. "Hey! Nope, not homeward bound, just had a bit of a talk." Lorna couldn't help but smile at the duster and wonder if perhaps she should have broken out her Zatanna costume for the event. That would have been exceptionally weird in her opinion really.

Bobby: "Nah, we were just passing time with your boy Bastian." Distracted, he looked around to make sure the Hellfire dude wasn't right behind him, arm still loosely around Lorna's waist. "I kinda felt like I needed to kiss his ring."

Elizabeth: "I meant go home right after seeing him," she turned to pick her drink up from the waiters tray and made a bit of a face at Bobby's statement. "He isn't my boy."

Lorna: "Well, I can understand not hurrying too much. Sort of fun to dust waiters I guess." Lorna was pretty sure she would never get used to the club. This particular night wasn't exactly the one that would help a person get accustomed though. She patted the hand at her waist, wondering if Bobby was fairing any better. "I'm glad I wasn't the only person tempted about the ring thing. Makes me feel better."

Bobby: Bobby flashed Lorna a smile, twining his fingers with hers. "'Gonna make you an offer you can't refuse, my dear,'" he said, smoothing out his voice to mimic Shaw. He picked up a flute of champagne from another waiter's tray and passed it to Lorna before grabbing one for himself.

Bobby: "Sorry, Liz... I guess I'm just not used to... this." He gestured at the room with the glass. "Or, maybe it's the pants cutting off my circulation," he muttered, then took a drink.

Elizabeth: "Yes, you might want a fertility test. I'm sure it isn't healthy for your little soldiers," she remarked with a snicker, then looked at the club. "Oh, and don't worry. It does take getting used to. Just enjoy it and put your drinks on my tab."

Lorna: Lorna tried not to snort at Bobby's impersonation but didn't have much success. Oh well, there was champagne. That made up for things. "Hmm, well, the soldiers will probably soldier on. Hate for him to have to retire those pants."

Bobby: "I think as long as the general doesn't stand at attention we might make it through this campaign." Bobby chuckled, forcing himself to relax. "Okay, Liz, babe, you know... you already got the costume. You should just come work at Megatokyo."

Elizabeth: "Work? You do realise I have about four jobs already. I'm not going to go and be paid minimum wage to serve cardboard fast food to slightly sweaty adolescent wannabe Japanese boys...."

Elizabeth: "No offense or anything."

Bobby: "None taken. I was more thinking the view would make it worthwhile for me." He wrinkled his nose teasingly, giving her the once over. "Four? Holy shit, woman."

Lorna: "You would think you were having trouble keeping yourself occupied." Lorna smirked slightly a the general talk and tried not to put that in her mind along with adolescent Japanese falsies.

Elizabeth: "Well, I model, got several contracts, I work for Shaw at his offices, I do the jet duties and I assist teaching, so...That's four. Alright, the last two I don't get paid for, but still. And you can buy a magazine and stick my picture to the wall if you want to stare at me. Or better a one of your wife, mister!"

Bobby: Bobby laughed, though the mention of 'jet duties' reminded him of why he was really here in his Han Solo pants and a puffy shirt that would make Seinfeld cry. "Yeah... seriously... you have to know what he offered me -- us -- in there. You suggested this. Think it'd work?"

Lorna: "Yeah, I mean everything sounds good but is it really for real?" Lorna had to admit there was a bit of doubt there, after all. It was just a bit too much to believe. "I mean, is there going to be some sort of paying back later or what because it just seems like a lot."

Elizabeth: "It's for real. And no paying back. It's a drop in the ocean to the Club. Plus, a pilots lisence is useful after all. Not saying you'd ever be called to be a runaround boy, but still, it's not something that you won't benefit from in a useful, practical way."

Bobby: "Yeah.... I mean, I definitely didn't just go through all that training for my health. I want to get my license, but, Liz, maybe it's my old man talking here but there's no such thing as a free lunch, is there?" He moved behind Lorna to rest his chin on her shoulder.

Elizabeth: "There is when your friend is a bloody millionaire heiress.”

Lorna: "Well really, what's the worst that could be asked if there was some sort of payback?" Lorna snorted a bit and leaned back against Bobby. "It's not like they're going to make us whack some uppity business competition."

Bobby: "Yeah," he laughed, finishing the champagne and putting both arms around her. She was just way too naked in public for his comfort. Wait. "Wait.... he won't, will he?"

Elizabeth: "No, he won't. There are more devious and interesting ways to do that..." she gave them an innocent glance and sipped her drink.

Lorna: "I am so glad I'm fairly certain you're joking." Lorna laughed, sure that Lizzie wouldn't get them tangled up in anything too questionable.

Bobby: Bobby wasn't quite so sure. He looked around the room, arms tightening around Lorna so the metal of her bikini top dug into his forearm. "Yeah."

Elizabeth: "He really won't. There're people you can hire for that who know what they're doing."

Lorna: Lorna laughed again but didn't sound quite as sure about it being a joke. Well, either way she didn't want to know. That was just best. "Well, I guess it's a pretty good deal then."

Bobby: "It's ... definitely tempting. Way tempting." He trusted Lizzie, and he didn't have a reason to distrust Shaw, other than the Club rankled his Midwestern sensibilities. Bobby bounced his chin contemplatively on Lorna's shoulder.

Elizabeth: "It's up to you, after all," she played with her skirt a little. They both didn't seem that sure. "Look, my opinion is going to be biased, naturally, as it's my suggestion in the first place, and I gave the shining references, soo...Enjoy the night and max out my tab, I have to get on."

Elizabeth: She gave them a grin and a face rub with the duster before vanishing off.

Lorna: Lorna looked over at Bobby, smiling at his 'in thought' expression. "Well, it is a really good opportunity...it'd save us a lot of hassle plus fix the pilot licensing."

Bobby: He snorted a little at the face dusting and made a show of rubbing his nose against her. "It really could. I just don't, like, want to fix one problem now just to set us up for another one down the line, y'know?"

Lorna: "Yeah, but who knows? Might not even be a problem at all." Lorna shrugged a little. "I mean, he's not exactly tracked you down to get a favour from you for bailing you out. This is bigger yeah but I guess I just mean that it's not completely unlike him."

Bobby: "Hmm. You have a point there, Starshine." He kissed her tattoo. "I guess I'm just too suspicious." Bobby laughed, making a face. "Must really be my old man in me. Gah, can't have that."

Lorna: "Hey, if that's as bad as it gets as far as you being like your dad I think I can live with that." Lorna played with the sleeve to the puffy shirt, smirking at it. "So are we going to go to the DR later and play at pirates or what?"

Bobby: "Pirates, eh?" Bobby grinned against her bare skin. "Me dear, I'd think ye'd catch y'r chill o'death on th' high seas." He shifted to press his hips against her rear. "Booty like y'rs is finely suited f'r Tatooine."

Lorna: "Oh that was fantastically bad." Well, at least this was a place at the moment where their antics wouldn't draw attention. "So, running up Lizzie's tab or no?"

Bobby: "Aye, it was." He dropped the piratey growl with a chuckle, but held on. "Um... we can just run up Xavier's tab like usual?"

Lorna: "Works for me." Lorna nodded. "This thing is beginning to dig in anyway."
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Lorna: Lorna folded up the blueprints and tucked them away in her pocket as she looked around the DR. Well, they had done a pretty good job of making it as close to the real thing as possible. "So, are we clear as to what we're doing? Just sort of like...ultimate hide and seek?"

Bobby: Bobby saluted Lorna, fiddling with the zipper of his uniform. "Aye, boss lady. Makes more sense to do it with real live..." he paused to look at Moon "um, moving, targets."

Rogue: "Yes, ma'am," Rogue smirked at Bobby's salute then took a moment to look around their surroundings. "So how many seconds do we get ta count?"

Moon: Moon smiled brightly at Bobby. "Thanks for the invite. I love a good run."

Nezhno: Nezhno was feeling kinda nervous about this training session. "So Moon and I hide and the teams seek, or the other way around." Nezhno asked nervously.

Lorna: "So really, your choice on how to react when you're found." Lorna turned to Nezhno and Moon. "You can be peaceful happy sewer dwellers or horrible fiends. We sort of need to prepare for everything I guess." She snorted at Bobby's small slipup. "We'll just let the two of you get well out of sight. Go wherever you wan to go really."

Nezhno: "Shall we leave now?" Nezhno asked.

Moon: "Yes, let's." Moon said to Nez. The two ran off in opposite directions, waving to each other.

Rogue: "No time like tha present," she winked and watched them go.

Bobby: Bobby watched the two guinea pigs scurry off and clapped his hands. "Awesome. One one-thousand, two..."

Bobby: He took a deep breath, making a rude noise. "Wow, babe, why did we have to program the real smell again?"

Lorna: Lorna squinted and couldn't see any more sign of them. She couldn't hear where they were now either. "Right then. Roll out." She felt absolutely ridiculous saying that and had to make a face. "Preparation...and possibly I was being cruel to myself, good god."

Bobby: "Do I look like an Autobot? That'd actually be pretty sweet, come to think of it." He realized they were 'on mission' now and lowered his voice... echoing wasn't so smart.

Nezhno: Nezhno kept running as fast as he could. He wanted to try and get as much distance between him and the others as possible. He came upon a little indent in the wall. "This looks as good a place as any." He said to himself as he crept inside and waited for them to come after him.

Lorna: "You know, now that I've said that I'm going to be so tempted to do it when we actually are in the sewer." Lorna couldn't help but laugh at herself. "Am I normally this cheesy when we're practicing?"

Moon: Moon found a random hole in the brick walling of the sewers. She noticed that it didn't go far back, maybe four feet, but it was so dark here no one would see you. Tearing off a piece of her shirt, she pinched it into some stone. Who said you can't learn anything form TV?

Moon: Continuing her way down, she left the scrap of her shirt in the hole, giggling to herself as she jumped into the gross water.

Bobby: "Yes, but it's part of your leaderly-like charm." Bobby gave Lorna a lopsided grin and looked around the tunnel. "So... three of us, two of them. I would say we should split up, but I might have a bad feeling about that..."

Lorna: "Nah, sticking together for now. I would separate if it were an even team. Don't like splitting off one person alone." Lorna returned the grin before getting back to business. "Well, should this be a powerless test or not?"

Moon: Moon floated, face down, in the water, being sure to keep her legs and arms tightly together. In the dark she would either appear to be some sort of driftwood or worse off, just some carcass. Most likely however, no one would notice, they would hopefully all looking away, as well as avoiding, the water.

Rogue: Rogue shrugged, "Maybe so. Ah mean, wouldn't wanna go bargin' in down there powers at tha ready if they're friendly. Might force 'em ta be hostile, ya know?"

Nezhno: Nezhno bided his time and waited. He wondered if they would split up or stay together. Either way he really didn't know what he was gonna do if and when they found him.

Bobby: "Good point, though we wouldn't have to be, um, aggressive." He tapped his cheekbone near his eyes, starting down the tunnel.

Nezhno: Nezhno decided that it had been long enough and ran out of the indention and darted down the tunnels and rounded a corner and waited...again.

Lorna: "Well yeah, I meant more use them to find people...though I guess finding Moon would be pretty difficult." She wasn't exactly warm after all and didn't give off much else than a dead body would. Well, there probably wasn't that much of a chance that they would have their own living dead girl as well but it was still something to take into consideration.

Rogue: "True, but that's really all Ah got at mah arsenal," she smirked, "'Less'n Ah borrow from y'all, but thinkin' ya might need 'em."

Moon: Moon heard steps get near to her. She giggled to herself, making some bubbles surface. With a quick jolt she sprung to life and began to high-tail it down the water stream, up onto the brick and down to the right. Giggling the whole time.

Bobby: "Hmm. Sucking just doesn't appeal right now," Bobby started, then sped up when he heard giggling? "Or, maybe we don't need powers for this."

Lorna: That had to be the strangest thing she had seen for a long time. Lorna blinked and tried to not giggle herself. "Right then..."

Rogue: Rogue blinked at the giggles then quickly followed after Bobby, keeping her eyes peeled to her surroundings.

Moon: Moon pulled herself up and onto some pipes that ran the course of the ceiling. Getting atop of them, they were rather thick and sturdy, she watched the three run beneath her. She crept slowly along the pipes in their opposite direction and when she knew she was only a few feet away dropped down into the water with a splash and ran back towards the direction Nez had gone.

Bobby: Bobby spun in place, but zombie-girl was already out of sight, leaving only a trail of disturbed water. "Anybody else having Resident Evil flashbacks?"

Rogue: "Ah'd say yes if Ah'd ever seen it Ah'm sure." She flew over the sludge, making her way in the direction they had just come from, following Moon.

Lorna: "I'm so glad I'm not the only one." Lorna sighed. Moon was more slippery than she had thought she would be if you didn't count the giggling. Actually the giggling might make it creepier.

Bobby: Bobby trailed after Anna. He was tempted to freeze the water again, just to avoid the boot squish, but the girls would probably bitch about the cold.

Nezhno: Nezhno decided to shake things up... literally. He bulked up as only the Nez can and took out one of the walls. "That oughta liven them up a little."

Rogue: "Shit!" Rogue flew faster as she heard something crumble and collapse a couple of tunnels over. "What in tha sam hell..."

Lorna: Lorna looked up a bit nervously as she heard crashing. Bad crashing. "I think...they're that way." She pointed to the right and started running, reminding herself that there wasn't any crazy man with a harpoon knocking the ceiling down.

Bobby: "Sam's in hell? You bad, bad girl!" Bobby shrugged and iced the floor to move faster.

Nezhno: Nezhno could hear something coming and decided to hide behind what was left of the demolished wall and scare the crap out of the others.

Moon: Moon froze in place suddenly. "Aw, crap." She muttered. She contemplated tearing her legs off. It wouldn't hurt, but she didn't really feel like making it difficult to find them later.

Rogue: Rogue barked a startled laugh at Bobby, "Well, ya know how Ah like ta corrupt tha nice ones," she winked over her shoulder then frowned at the sudden temperature change. "Damnit," she grumbled to herself, but kept moving.

Rogue: Rogue pulled up short as she nearly ran into Moon. "Hi, sugah." She dropped to the ground and looked down at Moon's feet. "Y'all ok?"

Moon: Moon frowned. "I think he froze some poor ratties..."

Lorna: Lorna skidded on the ice and decided now was a good time to fly. "Any sig-Oh, hey Moon." Lorna blinked, guessing that she hadn't exactly expected that to happen.

Bobby: "They're not real rats." Bobby slowed down briefly as he slid by.... oh, was that her feet? "Whuuuups.... but hey, got you!" He caught up to Lorna as she neared the debris.

Rogue: "Right, gonna keep goin'. Y'all ok with that?" She looked at Moon for a moment, "Ya sure ya alright, hun?"

Moon: "Oh yeah..." Moon said, letting out a sigh of relief. "Totally forgot! And yeah, I'm okay Rogue. Thanks for checking." She waved.

Bobby: Bobby jumped off his ice slide and squinted into the collapsed tunnel, trailing one hand along the wall. It was really creepily claustrophobic... it was still hard to believe it really was Jay living in a hellhole like this...

Lorna: "Any sign of him?" Lorna hovered up, not trusting herself to climb the ice slide up to see for herself. "Definitely hope we don't have to worry about any of them taking the sewer down around them."

Bobby: Deciding to screw the rules, Bobby looked through the debris for heat fluctuations, but it seemed even the fake DR gas was enough to screw with his sight. "No... and no. Don't need that again..."

Rogue: Rogue gave Moon a small smile, "Not a problem, sugah. Glad ya ok." When neither Bobby nor Lorna answered, she kept going, trying to find a way around the debris by taking a detour down a different tunnel.

Bobby: He did ice the crumbling concrete enough to make sure this time the ceiling didn't come down and cut them off.

Nezhno: Nezhno saw Rogue pass the debris and decided to have some fun. He grew to an adequate size and bashed another section of the wall on top of Rogue.

Rogue: Rogue didn't even have time to react as her instincts went crazy and she dropped to the ground only to be covered by a collapsed wall, her curse cut-off by the debris. Shitshitshitshitshit.

Moon: Moon heard the crash and looked forward, trying to peer through the dark. "What does this kid do? Blow up?" She considered this and decided he seemed to nice to be the kind of guy who just blew up on people.

Bobby: Bobby turned at the crash. "A- fuck" He caught himself, but it was unsettling to see an entire chunk of wall fall on her.

Lorna: "Son of a bitch!" Lorna looked up as she heard the crashing again and tried to catch as much of the wall as she could. "You know, I think we really needed the practice."

Nezhno: Nezhno thought he might have taken this training session a little too seriously and started taking the rocks and debris off of Rogue.

Bobby: "I think so, Dee..." Bobby iced the unstable-looking debris into place. "Dude, she's gonna be pissed," he chuckled, joining the big guy in moving the rocks.

Rogue: Rogue closed her eyes and tried to breathe, but all she could get breaths of was dust and dirt. Mother fucker! She opened her eyes a crack and tried to see, feeling relieved when she saw a speck of light. She used that as her guide and flew up, busting through the wall. "What tha fuck," was the first thing that came out of her mouth in a gasp of air as she turned on Nez.

Nezhno: Nezhno could see that he had stepped in it big time right now. "I am so sorry Rogue. I got carried away with all the demolition. Is there anything I can do to make it up to you?" Nezhno pleaded.

Moon: "You can break me out!" Moon shouted down the dark halls of the sewers.

Lorna: "Right then...that's probably enough for today, right?" They were going to have to get in some more practice before Lorna felt okay about going on into the sewers. That didn't really sit well with her though. They had a friend, possibly friends down there after all.

Rogue: Rogue clenched her jaw and fisted her hands at her sides, "Ah get that this is trainin', but damn! Ya coulda killed me if Ah was almost anybody else." She blew out a long breath and flexed her fingers before curling them up again, her mind racing back to Harpoon-head.

Bobby: "Dude, watch out if she asks to suck you." Bobby winked at Nezhno and then heard the echoey call from Living Dead Girl. "Oh! Sorry!" He slid down the tunnel and defrosted her.

Nezhno: "Again Rogue, I am so sorry. I guess I just was so involved and everything was so life like and real I just got carried away. I will do anything to make it up to you... anything." Nezhno continued to plead.

Moon: "Thank you." Moon said happily. "Thankfully I don't have any circulation to stress over. Just got crazy being still." She heard Nez's pleas and snickered. Walking by Rogue she whispered "Anything?"

Lorna: "Well, this is why the DR has safety settings." Lorna looked towards Bobby, wondering if it was just her or things were unnecessarily tense.

Rogue: Rogue glared at Moon, "Ah have a boyfriend, Ah ain't gonna do nothin' like that." She rolled her neck and shook out her hands, trying to destress a bit. "Alright, Nez. We're sparrin' later. An' ya gonna make me brownies," she grinned.

Bobby: "Yep, the safeties were operational, right computer?" He pitched his last words to carry and heard a beep in response. "Don't sweat it, guys." He followed Moon back to the group and gave Anna a shoulder squeeze.

Nezhno: Nezhno agreed to Rogue's demands. "Alright sparring and brownies it is. And Rogue, I am really, really sorry." Nezhno then walked out of the danger room to go to bed and rest. The exercise had really taken a lot out of him.

Rogue: Rogue gave Bobby a tight smile at the squeeze and gave him a nod then followed Nez out with her eyes. "Ah feel bad f' gettin' so upset..." She wrinkled her nose and chewed her lip, "Hope he doesn't think Ah'm too awful..." Rogue shook her head, "Wait, why am Ah worried? Ah got a new sparrin' partner an' a batch o' brownies just f' me," she beamed.

Bobby: "Well, we all have our moments." He called out for the program to end and unzipped his uniform jacket. "Guess the main thing is this shows we need some work before we head back down there to look for Jay, and whoever..."

Moon: "Aw, no more rats." Moon sniffed. "Oh well, I'll go find some more. Thanks for the fun game guys, that was totally cool!"

Rogue: Rogue watched the dirt disappear from her uniform with a small shrug, "Yeah, we do. Still don't make me feel much better." She laughed at Moon, "Have fun with that, darlin'."

Lorna: Lorna nodded. "I guess we'll be booking the room pretty solid until then. No rest for the wicked I guess." Lorna looked up and smiled at Moon. "Well I'm sure there's rats somewhere. Shaz usually could find them."

Moon: "Oh, I'm just going to go find Kenny and Fresca out behind the shed." She beamed, waving to them. Skipping out of the DR she whistled the working song the mice sang in Cinderella.

Bobby: "Next time Rae-Rae gets knocked up, we're giving her the whole litter." Bobby nodded, watching Moon skip off.
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator
Title: Sometimes the bark isn\'t worse than the bite

Post by littlebamf »

Lorna: "So, what are we starting with first?" Lorna looked over the office, mentally reminding herself not to refer to it as Rankin's. "We've got our work cut out for us, don't we?" She glanced over to Lizzie, smirking. "In more than one way too."

Elizabeth: "Oh, it's fine. Just a blank canvas," she waved her hand about. "Is it strange I'm going to miss him?"

Lorna: "No, I'll miss him too and you spent more time around him than me." Lorna nodded, remembering when he had come to talk with her about leading. "But yeah, good blank canvas. So are we painting pink butterflies on the wall? Or the jet?"

Elizabeth: "He really helped me out a lot. Hell, I bloody hated him when I first started here, but he was great really. I think I've learnt more from Rankin than anyone else here."

Lorna: Lorna nodded, smirking slightly as she imagined an unruly first year Lizzie mouthing off to Rankin. "Yeah, definitely going to miss him. No comment on those butterflies? You know I can do a mean one."

Elizabeth: "I don't know...Maybe a little one?" she looked at the walls contemplating. "I want to be professional. I'm going to be taking over Rankin and it's a hard example to follow."

Lorna: Right, professional. "Yeah, suppose we'll have to try to think like that. Makes our job a lot easier too really, less to do."

Lorna: Lorna turned back to Lizzie from looking over the desk. "Feeling nervous about it?"

Elizabeth: "Mmm, maybe some fairy lights," Lizzie cracked a grin, reaching into a large plastic tub she'd hauled down. "Make it shiny down here. It still gives off a man man impression down here..."

Elizabeth: "I suppose I am, not that much though as I've been his assistant for years but now I have to make lesson plans, grade, be very organised..." God. Did she have time for this and everything else?

Lorna: "Yeah, that'd give it more of a man woman impression. Guess that works." Lorna cracked her knuckles, ready to get down to work. "Well, you know, I'm not the most organized but I should be somewhat useful."

Elizabeth: "I know you'll do fine because you know I'll beat your ass if you don't!" Lizzie smirked, plugging in the lights to test them. "I have a Cross of St George flag in the box as well. And a Union Jack. More people will know the Union Jack though, but it pisses me off when they think it's the English flag, hence the Cross flag."

Lorna: "Oh, are we going to have a smack down to see who can beat whose ass? Best not tell anyone else or they'll recommend adding jello to the ring." Lorna looked at the walls again, trying to figure out where the best place to put the flags would be.

Elizabeth: "Smack down? I don't think so," Lizzie held the lights up. "Seeing as you're still technically learning I'm going to be coming down on you too to make sure you're grades are up to standard and so on."

Lorna: "Well, my grades are fine so hopefully you'll be sending me out to make slackers miserable? I shouldn't look forward to that but it is sort of enjoyable, isn't it?"

Elizabeth: "It is, but yes, you're going to be a general dogsbody now I'm afraid. And I'll be grading you on how you do that as well, so you know," Lizzie winked, putting the lights down to decide between flags.

Lorna: "I think I can trust you to be fair. Though if you aren't I don't know who I'm going to be able to complain about it too over coffee."

Lorna: "I suppose Bobby'll get tired of that." Lorna smirked. "So are you keeping the same furniture?"

Elizabeth: "Yeah. There's nothing wrong with it," she gave the desk a pat. "I might get a new cushion for the chair, though...Other than that it's good."

Elizabeth: Lizzie smiled a little at that. "Oh bitching sessions are welcome. Technically it's called session feedback I gather. Oh! That's one thing I can invest in. A kettle..."

Lorna: "Oh so I'm on the job while I'm complaining? That sounds like I'm going to clock in the hours." Lorna snorted. "Yeah, getting the desk out of here would be a pain anyway."

Elizabeth: "I like the desk. It's nice. And yes, you will have to tell me all the stuff. About who's whining, who's refusing to run, about who's turning up and going 'oh I don't need to be here because my powers mean so and so...' and so on."

Lorna: "This fills me with joy, you know this right?" Lorna flashed Lizzie a grin. "So you can have your kettle and set up a little table maybe? I'll arm myself with a coffee thermos when I've got tales to tell."

Elizabeth: Lizzie waved her hand to the sideboard in the corner that she supposed was for sorting trays and that sort of thing. "That'll do. Or there's the small filing cabinet."

Lorna: "Basically set then, yeah? Looks like there's less and less to do after all." Lorna leaned against the desk, smiling as she thought about everything coming together.

Elizabeth: "The light's aren't going to hang themselves up. I still need to pick a flag, get the computer set up my way, stationary, my name on the door..."

Lorna: "Still not as much as I was figuring. Thought you were going with both flags? Your name on the door, that's going to be something."

Elizabeth: "No, I'm deciding which one would be better. As I said I hate it when people think the Union Jack is the English flag...But, then peopel get confused with the real English flag..." Lizzie took a breath. "Yeah...It is," she glanced towards the door. "It's going to be weird."

Lorna: "I'd probably go with one on each side actually, then you can school people when they come in and ask what's up with that. It can be part of your educational mission. Kick people's ass physically, teach them proper flags." Lorna followed Lizzie's eyes to the door. "Yeah, it will be."

Elizabeth: She shook her head. "I'm putting one of them on the wall. It'd get in the way on the door. I always had issues with one in dorms in first year."

Lorna: "Oh well, I'm sure you'll choose. Are the lights good to go then?"

Elizabeth: "Yup. Around the noticeboard I think," Lizzie nodded, switching on the computer. "If you want to butterfly anything you can pimp up this..." se gestured to the moniter. "On the back or something."

Lorna: "Nah, it really wouldn't be professional. Each time someone came in they'd just smirk at it." Lorna took the lights and got to work. "Though it'd give you a reason to throw the book at them...figuratively or literally."

Elizabeth: "What, one little butterfly?" she tapped away at the keyboard, fussing with the settings.

Lorna: "What? You've met some of our students, haven't you? Plus they'll be coming in like 'oh it's just my old friend Lizzie'." Lorna flailed a bit before deciding it wasn't a good idea while she was hanging lights.

Elizabeth: "Hey you were the one talking about butterflies," she muttered, setting her password. "And they'd be doing that anyway even without the little touches that makes this place mine."

Lorna: Lorna arched an eyebrow a bit as she looked back. "Are you okay over there, Lizzie?"

Elizabeth: "I'm fine," she frowned looking up. "You were the one who brought up painting pink butterflies on the wall, how is having a small one on my moniter any stupider? It's symbolic of my power,"

Lorna: "I didn't say it was. You seem extra tense though. Are you that worried about taking over?"

Elizabeth: "I'm not tense!" she rubbed her forehead as she waited for the computer to load up a file.

Lorna: "...you're not being convincing either." Lorna plugged in the lights again. "You want to stop for tea maybe?"

Elizabeth: Lizzie looked up at Lorna, scowling. "Does anyone react well to that question?" she bit. "I just offered you to put a butterfly on my fucking moniter! But that's suddenly a daft idea!"

Lorna: Lorna turned to face Lizzie better and crossed her arms, not bothering to say anything else, waiting instead.

Elizabeth: "What? Is there a problem that I don't have a problem? There is nothing bothering me! Why the fuck does everyone always turn that on me!" she snapped, jiggling a bit as her tattoo was itching.

Lorna: "Yeah, you're not tense. That's why you're snapping at me right now. Because this is how our conversations usually go."

Elizabeth: She balled one of her hands on the desk. "Yes well being told I'm tense when I'm not is irritating. There's nothing wrong. Do you want me to have something wrong?"

Lorna: Lorna sighed. "No, I don't. I'll remember never to ask you if you're okay if I think you're acting off again."

Elizabeth: "Look, I'm fine. There is nothing wrong so stop thinking there is or I'll get really pissed off. If you dont want to help with the moniter I'll do it myself."

Lorna: "Right then." Lorna looked back to the lights, giving them a quick fix.

Elizabeth: She shook her head as she looked back at the moniter. What the fuck had that been about?

Lorna: "Though you know, when things are fine and someone asks that it's usually okay just to say 'no, everything's fine'. Makes things easier and there's a lot less yelling."

Elizabeth: "I said I was fine."

Lorna: "And then proceeded to snap at me."

Elizabeth: "Well you were the one that made the suggestion in the first place and really, I didn't snap at you. I commented. Anyone would think you're the one having the bad day here!" she laughed a little.

Lorna: Lorna laughed. "Oh well. We're probably just worked up about this."

Elizabeth: She smiled a little, still inwardly pissed off. Why the hell did she always have to have a problem. Well whatever.

Lorna: "So, you have any purple paint appropriate for it?" Lorna came over, looking over where on the monitor to paint it. "Could probably raid the art supplies too."

Elizabeth: "I might have some pink somewhere. No purple kicking around I don't think. And I think I'm allowed to raid the art cupboard now I'm staff..." she mused, ordering the desktop to her liking.

Lorna: "Allowed. Does that take some of the fun out of it or not? May have to prepare myself for that one day."

Elizabeth: "Of course it's still fun. It's authority and power!"

Lorna: Lorna snorted loudly at that. "Mad with power! Oh that does make things better!"

Elizabeth: "Oh not mad. Not totally mad anyway, as that would lead to the child locks going back on the jet..."

Lorna: "Back? Now that sounds like a story." Lorna smirked at that, wondering if she had missed a tale of Lizzie celebrating newfound authority. "Mad enough we should find a cat and you can spin around in the chair dramatically?"

Elizabeth: "Does it have to be a cat? I don't like cats," she pouted a little. "And yeah. First time I stole the jet I wasn't allowed near it again for weeks other than cleaning it."

Lorna: "Oh yes, story time after we've got things fixed up." Lorna contemplated what could be used to replace the cat. "Well, it wouldn't exactly be Blofeld but I'm sure we can find something else to take the cat's place."

Elizabeth: "Hah, oh it's a 'story' alright! And maybe a puppy? I've always wanted a dog..."

Lorna: "Something that'll grow up to be big and intimidating looking? You can take it for walks and use it to chase straggling runners." Lorna giggled at the idea. "I missed something really good, didn't I?"

Elizabeth: "No, you didn’t really. I had to take the jet at 3am to stop Jono and his lunatic little band of warriors setting bombs in an area of New York. I still have a scar from where he blasted me into a wall. Hence I always looked like I wanted to kill him when we joined forces."

Lorna: "Oh it's that story. Nevermind then." Lorna made a face. "Though I don't really remember what you looked like when he was joining forces. I can imagine though."

Elizabeth: "True..." she trailed off. Oops. "I wasn't a happy one with it. But we did what we had to do."

Lorna: "Yeah, it worked out and it doesn't look like we're going to exactly be running into him on the street or anything anytime soon." Lorna took a pencil, drawing out the butterfly before she painted it on.

Elizabeth: "Good. The furthur away he stays from me, the better. I'd happily knock that cretin out." She sighed. "Don't worry about doing the butterfly today. I need to get other stuff done."

Lorna: "Yeah, what would you like then? I am at your bidding, boss." Lorna smirked over at her, plopping the pencil back in it's place.

Elizabeth: "Nothing really...Most things are done until I've made my mind up," she shrugged, leaning back in Rankin's chair. Her chair. Wow.

Lorna: Lorna nodded, grinning as Lizzie tested out the 'captain's chair'.

Elizabeth: "So, yeah, if you need to go do stuff I think I have it from here."

Lorna: "Sure? Not that I exactly have a stuffed schedule at the moment."

Elizabeth: "Sure. And I’m sure Bobby doesn't either so you could always pounce him. I don't think me sorting my pencils is terribly exciting..."

Lorna: "Hey, you're taking over the helm. You're lucky I didn't nick Cessily's camera to annoy you with."

Elizabeth: "I'd just confiscate it," Lizzie smirked. "Now off you trot."

Lorna: "Trot? I'd best get an apple or a carrot out of it if I've got to trot." Lorna smirked back, tempted to neigh.

Elizabeth: "Scamper, bound, frolic, piss off? Your choice lady!"

Lorna: "Frolic! I shall frolic!" Lorna did her best to frolic towards the door. "You think Munroe's garden will work as a meadow? I can't think of anything really meadowy close by."

Elizabeth: "You don't need a meadow to frolic in....Or if you do just use the DR!" she propped her chin on her hand.
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

Post by Starfish »

Warlock: Warlock poked his food around the plate and took another sniff, "Self detects ... garlic, lots of garlic in this dish ..." he said thoughtfully, "self wonders if self should eat it since apparently women dislike so called 'garlic breath'," he looked across the booth at Selene, "tell me, what are you feelings on garlic selffriendSelene?"

Selene: "According to the legends, vampires are repulsed by it," Selene replied, busy with thoroughly inspecting the food on her own plate. "Should I take it as a good sign then that I'm not bothered by it too much?" She looked up from her meal and across the table at Warlock. "If things get to bad, couldn't you simply create your own mint breath?"

Warlock: "An excellent suggestion selffriendSelene," Warlock smiled and helped himself to a mouthful of food, which he savoured in his mouth to analise the flavour, "well self enjoys the flavour of garlic," he said at last, ignoring the looks they were getting from the other patrons at his odd mannor of speech.

Warlock: He swallowed and treated Selene to an impish smile, "Well ... self can think of one way to see if minty breath would be necissary?" He asked hopefully.

Selene: "Skipping the main course and rushing right for the dessert," Selene asked in return, mirroring Warlock's smile on her own. She popped an olive into her mouth. "I like the way you're thinking," she eventually replied, smirking, and leaned slightly across the table.

Warlock: Warlock leaned forwards as well, "That's an olive, I've never tried one before," he scooted around the table to be closer to her and gently held her back of her head to guide her lips onto his, tounge playing across her lower lip.

Selene: "Oh, you really should," Selene replied, her voice almost a whisper now. "The taste is exquisite." Their lips locked, and Selene pushed the olive into Warlock's mouth along with her tongue.

Bobby: "Thanks, man." Bobby nodded at the host as he showed him to their seats and waved him off to hustle to Lorna's side of the table an pull out the chair for her. "Nice, huh?" He looked around the restaurant as he took his own seat.

Bobby: The restaurant was dark, but not so dark he couldn't see other couples at similar tables dotting the room. Including one couple playing some pretty intensive tonsil hockey. "Well, well, well," he chuckled. "Bow chicka wow wow."

Lorna: "Yeah, real nice." She grinned, then looked in the direction Bobby was. Lorna tilted her head to the side, blinking but yeah, that was exactly what she was seeing, no hallucinationg there. "Now that's...interesting."

Warlock: Warlock shifted a little closer to Selene, his other hand moving down to her hip to pull her in a little closer as he bit down on the olive she'd 'given' him, "interesting taste, and it seems you have not been repulsed by the dreaded garlic breath, so even better." One of his sensors was beeping at him that someone familiar had come into the resturant but he was to into sampling Selene to really be distracted by it.

Selene: Selene could feel the other guests in the restaurant giving them odd looks through the dim light, but all it did was urge her mean streak on to continue weirding them out. "I'd say the good far outweighs the bad in this particular case." She kissed him back. An elderly couple gave them a whithering look, but Selene stared right back at them until they averted their eyes.

Selene: She leaned against Warlock, contemplating to move over and straddle his lap, and smirked. "How about a social experiment," she suggested. "We could find out what it takes to wear out these people's tolerance and we get thrown out of the place."

Bobby: Bobby cackled softly. "That's a new way to share a meal," he said loudly enough to carry to the next table, opening his menu. The middle-aged woman there huffed slightly and his stifled his chesire cat grin. "So I take it you'd not be up for that at dessert?"

Lorna: "If she is she'll have to find someone else. Unless you have your heart on denture diving." Lorna snorted but looked back at the other...couple? "Well, I guess you learn something every day."

Selene: Just as she was about to drag Warlock across the table towards her, Selene spotted two familiar faces, both looking in their direction. Crap. "Excuse me for a second," she hastily uttered, let go off Warlock and basically hit the floor. Plates and cutlery clanged together when she hid beneath the table, and she was pretty sure that at least one glass fell over.

Warlock: "SelffriendSelene!?" Warlock blinked and looked under the table, "... Self hasn't come across a tradition of hiding under tables when it comes to dateing ..." he thought for a second, "unless it is for the purpose of oral pleasure in which case you should probably be a bit more subtle about it." He looked up and saw a couple of familiar faces looking at him and waved, "Oh, hello selffriendsBobby and Lorna, it is nice to see you, the olives taste interesting here."

Bobby: "Is that... it is!" Bobby recognized the hockey players just as Selene slid under the table and very nearly choked at Warlock's 'oral pleasure' comment. "War, you old dog you!" He couldn't seem to stop snickering and returned the wave, then realized they were yelling across the restaurant.

Lorna: Lorna didn't really know what to say. Especially after hearing the oral pleasure bit. She reached over and patted Bobby's back though, waving back. "Hey there!...will remember about the olives."

Selene: Selene banged her forehead against the wooden foot of the couch she's been sitting on. Her schoolmates witnessing her romantic relationships; just what she had always wanted. Broadcasting her not-so-secret-anymore experiments on public television probably wouldn't spread the news about it any faster. She cursed under her breath.

Selene: Figuring that it was too late to steal away and hide behind the lobster basin, Selene poked her head slightly above the table. "Hello," she muttered. "I dropped my watch. I'm merely looking for it."

Warlock: Warlock frowned, "But you arn't wearing a watch, but look, selfriendsBobby and Lorna are here as well, isn't that pleasent ... though selffriendBobby called me a dog which is traditonally an insult yes?" he looked faintly confused, "perhaps I should make sure that I have not insulted him?"

Selene: "Then I dropped my earring instead," Selene whispered with clenched teeth. "See?" She took off her earring, dropped it to the floor, then picked it up. "Oh, good, I found it." She glanced sideways at Warlock and gave him a frown. Perhaps the lobster basin still was an option.

Bobby: Bobby watched their scuffling and muttering with amusement, opening his mouth to say something and catching another glare from the older woman. Right, manners. He had those. "Let's go say hello properly." He gave Lorna an evil grin and got up to go to their table. "Hey, guys. So. Recommend the olives then?"

Bobby: He caught Selene's search for an escape route. "Or maybe the lobster?"

Lorna: Lorna returned the evil grin and felt really quite schemy right now. It wasn't every day you stumbled across something like ths just going out for the evening. "Lobster sounds good. So, how are you two? Having a good time I take it?"

Selene: Selene slid back up onto her seat with visible hesitation, giving the other two a wary look. "We're both doing fine. Thank you. I hope you're well, too." She straightened her clothing and attempted to appear unsuspicious by sitting upright and motionless. "We wanted to sample the food in this place. We've heard that it's supposed to be quite delicious."

Warlock: "Um ... affirmative, we're here to sample the food ..." Warlock gave Selene a slightly confused look but followed her lead, "And we ... havn't tried the lobster?" He hazarded, hoping that maybe someone would explain the significance of crustations to him.

Bobby: "Oh, we're good, thanks. Yeah, I heard about this place at work... I actually work up the street. Decided this was better to check out than more tentacle shakes." He grinned at them both, giving Warlock a wink.

Selene: "They make shakes out of tentacles," Selene asked with an arched eyebrow. "Tentacles of what?"#

Lorna: "I think it's best that nobody knows...it adds mystery." Lorna grinned wolfishly before laughing. Sample the food looked to be more like each other instead of food really. "And do you make a habit of sampling the local fare together?"

Warlock: "Well ... uhh ... acctually this is our first time ... sampling the local food together," Warlock admited, looking between Selene and the Drakes with a somewhat lost expression.

Selene: "Indeed," Selene added after clearing her throat. "We figured that this would be a more entertaining activity if done together." She paused, before quickly speaking on: "So we'd be able to hold an engaging conversation while eating."

Bobby: "Oh, it's entertaining, all right." Bobby slid his hands into his pockets and looked between the two, still grinning broadly. The harried waiter finally tired of people standing around and asked if they cared to have a seat and join their friends. "Uh..."

Lorna: "Well..." Lorna looked at the waiter a bit helplessly though she was sure he didn't exactly care too much. It would sort of be interrupting but she couldn't say she wasn't tempted now that they had stumbled up on this scene.

Warlock: "Umm ... well, we might as well affirmative?" He gave Selene a questioning look.

Selene: Selene glanced over to Warlock for a second, before looking up at the Drakes again. "Sure; that won't be a problem." She smiled slightly. "It's not as if you're interrupting anything. Sit down, please."

Bobby: "Um, well..." They weren't now. At least with them there War and Selene wouldn't be eating each other's faces and be thrown out, but that could have been really entertaining. Well, darn. He pulled out a chair for Lorna before taking a seat himself. "Well, ain't this cozy now."

Lorna: Not interrupting anything? Lorna had the sudden thought that they were going to continue right along with what she and Bobby had first noticed. It would definitely make for an interesting show to go with dinner but she wasn't sure she wanted front row seats. She shoved the thought aside and gladly took her seat though. "Thank you, yep, quite cozy."

Selene: ((Attention: Those seated in the front rows will get wet.))

Bobby: ((Deploy body condoms!))

Lorna: ((For ripping emergencies please employ buffet sneezeguard.))

Warlock: "Erm ... yes, cozy," Warlock found his hand rising automatically to scratch at his ear as he studied the table top ... yes, interesting varnish, "So how has your summer break been then selffreindsBobby and Lorna?"

Selene: Selene's gaze wandered between the other three while she tried to not show how awkward she felt at that moment. "Yes, did you get to see and do interesting things?"

Bobby: "Oh, we did lots of interesting things. Didn't leave the room much, but it was real interesting all right." He gave Warlock a dirty smirk. "Nah, seriously, things been pretty quiet, except for hanging around the Hellfire Club with Liz." He slid a finger down the water glass the waiter brought, frosting the surface. "Looks like you guys are keeping busy..."

Lorna: Lorna elbowed Bobby teasingly over the first bit of their summer recap. "Yeah, pretty uneventful for a change. Really nice actually. Yours more exciting?"

Selene: Selene jerked her head around to gave Bobby a look, blinking a few times. "Oh, no, we're merely trying out a couple of new things." She was quick to gesture at their plates. "New kinds of food, I mean." Selene took a sip of her water and turned towards Lorna. "Yes, you could say that. We did a very interesting trip across the country."

Warlock: "Not that interesting really," Warlock said quickly, his hand that lay on the table twitching unconciously, "nothing that you would wish to hear about."

Bobby: "It's good to try those new things and foods and things, definitely." Bobby let his hand drop to Lorna's knee for a pat. "Oh? A not-interesting interesting trip? Sounds ... interesting."

Lorna: "Or...not." she laughed but arched an eyebrow in Bobby's direction, sliently asking him if he thought this was stranger now that they were actually sitting here. Well, Lorna couldn't exactly blame Warlock for acting a bit twitchy considering the continued interruption.

Selene: Selene glanced at Warlock for a second. "Yes, not terribly interesting indeed. The usual sightseeing that people do when they fly across the country. Mostly trees, lakes, mountains. Lots of houses. Really boring stuff."

Bobby: "Oh? You flew? Cool." Bobby sat up now, interested. There was a lot of glancing around going on though too, he realized, and gave Lorna's knee a squeeze in silent reply.

Warlock: "Very boring, not worth discussing at all," Warlock affirmed, "What are we going to eat now then selffriendSelene?" he asked her, changing the subject.

Lorna: "Okay then, calm summers all around." Well, food was a good change of subject. Lorna didn't bother to fight it

Selene: "Right; that's a good question." Selene shifted her attention to the menu. "I wonder if they have tentacled things here, as well."

Bobby: Bobby rubbed the back of his neck and gave a final glance around the table before picking up his own menu. "Squid has tentacles. Tastes good with marinara sauce too. Not so much with milk though."

Warlock: "Just look for something that has Cthulhu in the name and you're golden."

Selene: "Well, either way it boils down to seafood," Selene concluded, smirking, and leafed to the appropriate page.

Lorna: "Yeah, can't really think of many land tentacles." Lorna snorted at the idea of eating an Elder God though. "Cthulhu would probably come back up."

Warlock: "Pardon?" Warlock looked up from studying the menu, "What is Cthulhu?"

Selene: "Something like the god they talk about in chuch," Selene explained, not looking up from her menu. "Only with a worse PR agent; and more hungry."

Bobby: Bobby closed his mouth on the next tentacle joke and instead cocked his head at Warlock. "But, you had to know who he was and that he had tentacles to start the joke. Which, by the way, was a good one, so congrats. Blood must not have made it all the way back up to the big head, eh?"

Warlock: Warlock looked blankly at Bobby for a couple of seconds before saying, "... Self started the joke? Are you sure?"

Lorna: "Yeah, you started the Cthulhu talk. I'm just riding the coattails so to speal." Had Warlock possilby been sampling the drinks before the food came? Lorna wasn't quite sure what to think on that one.

Selene: Selene gave Warlock a lock. "Something must have distracted you," she offered as an explanation.

Warlock: Warlock pinched the bridge of his nose, "You ... you are probably correct selffriendSelene, self appologises." He said, not sounding a hundred percent convinced.

Bobby: "Ah, well, we all get a little distracted sometimes, right?" Bobby gave him a smile and reached over to give him a reassuring smack on the arm. Those two were even weirder than normal.

Lorna: "Yep, probably a bit...over-stimulated?" Lorna smirked and settled back in her chair. The night would definitely be interesting...or not.

Selene: "Hardly," Selene commented, then turned to glance at Warlock. "He doesn't look any different than usual." She bit her lip. "I presume...," Selene continued. "Not that I would know what he's like when suffering an overcharge; or something..." She cleared her throat. "Anyway, what are you going to eat?"

Bobby: Bobby just gave Selene a big shit-eating grin.

Warlock: "Self is functioning normally, thank you," Warlock looked between the three other diners, "You are all acting and speaking in a most strange manner, why is this?"

Selene: "I'm not!" Selene quickly tossed in. "I'm always like this."

Lorna: They were being strange? Lorna wondered if perhaps Warlock was stuck on some other language setting if that was possible. "Just fine on this side."

Selene: Selene took a deep breath and poked her salad with the fork. "Yes, yes, fine indeed. I think we're all trying to merely have some meaningless, friendly conversation." She gave Warlock a tiny smile. "Small talk, as they call it."

Bobby: "Yep, as we, like, humans do." He smiled and watched the poking and then was distracted as the waiter came and went and left more things for them to all poke. "Sooo. Looking forward to getting back to class?"

Warlock: Warlock nodded, joining in the poking, "It will be nice to get back to regularity of studies."

Selene: "Sure, why not?" Selene gave a shrug and popped another olive into her mouth. "A few of the classes look quite interesting."

Lorna: Lorna was glad for things to poke at. "Yeah, sometimes it's good to get back into the groove of things. Going to be weird it being our last year."

Warlock: "Have you decided what you are both going to do after this school year yet then, now that you mention it?" warlock asked, continuing along with the neuteral conversation.

Bobby: "No? I mean, I guess there's stuff we can still do at the school... guess it kinda depends?" Bobby began ripping a breadstick into bits and using that to poke the salad. Good question. Couldn't go back to St. Louis, after all.

Selene: "Planning that far ahead is overrated anyway," Selene remarked. "I usually try to avoid it. Deciding spontaneously can lead to so much more interesting results."

Lorna: "I can see how that would be true." Lorna took a breadstick for herself. "Yeah, just sort of depends on things." She looked to Bobby, shrugging.

Warlock: "Much in life seems to depend on things," Warlock commented. It was at this point that their ordered food arrived on large plates and Warlock gave Selene a small, slightly appologetic smile.

Selene: Selene gave Warlock an uneven smile in return and picked up her fork and knife. "In that case, it's just a question on whether one can avoid making oneself depend on things." She then fell silent and shifted her attention fully to her meal.
"The secondary penis slides into view. And they all lived happily ever after."
Kieron Gillen