Summer 2011: Beena

Check out what goes on between semesters here!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

"You have no more career here Boston, sorry." Is what Ed Swangler had said. Ed ran the music company that gave Ben and his band their label. Now Ben was fired from the band.

However, it wasn't Ben who was really being replaced in his own band, it was Boston Jones.

You see, Boston Jones was a mutant, and even though they were perfectly aware that Boston Jones was an alias to a name they didn't care to know, Ben had registered and copyrighted all his songs to his alias. His now unveiled mutant alias.

Needless to say this was a legal batter for a later time.

With no career worth noting now, Ben was determined to make this summer a way to start off fresh. He was able to spend more time with his soon-to-be delivering wife and then his child, and even was able to get in touch with some friends.

Lebron Wyles agreed to pick up sax for him while Gary Young was going to play keys and synthesizer. He got old friend, Ozzy Harrison to come in to town (at some point?) for drums, and with his fellow band mate, bassist Frank Freize joining him, Ben already was on the right path to getting a new band. A new sound. Back to the café's...

He was happy with the punk scene, but it was too competitive and too angry. The hostility and necessary political stand point that was demanded of him was too much. It was fun to let loose, but it was never fun to have to defend yourself to the wrong kind of people.

Romance though, that was something everyone could relate to.
Love as well...

So ben sang songs about love, about hopes, about dreams... one of them he wrote on a very strange day where he felt happy to be in love, but sad to know it would never happen again...

Playing Guitar
In the snow
Playing to you now
so that you know
i'm a bad friend,
I'm a lazy end
to a stick
that you beat yourself with.

I'm the poor ending
to a romantic story
one that you can
get lost in.

I'm not to be expected
to wash my own sins
I wear yours like a necklace
it pinches my own skin.

(Whooo Whoooo)

Who was I
supposed to be
Why Couldn't I
be that way
Why did I make promises
that I can't keep.

I lost your love
and I left your life
I regret it now
but I can't be in the right.
I want to shelter you
and be a tennant
to your warm warm heart
your good good intentions.

I'm not to be expected
to wash my own sins
I wear them
like a necklace
it pinches my own skin.
I miss what we had
even though we never had it.
(even though we never had it)
I miss what we almost had
even though you never
would have had it
never have had it,
you'd never have had it.
(who who who)

Who was I suppoed to be
Why couldn't I be him?
I wanted to be it SO BADLY
but I lost it, I lost it,
wait...

I never EVEN HAD IT!
No (nooo noooo) NO!
No (whooo whooo) NO! No, nooo!

I wear it
(whoo whoo)
Like a necklace
(whoo whoo)
I miss it
(whoo whoo)
even though I
(whoo whoo)
never had it now
I miss it, I wanted what I had
in my mind in my head.
Why couldn't I keep it together then
and who am I without you then?
(who, who who)
who am I?
(who, who, who)
I wore it out
(who, who, who)
I wore you out.

I play in the snow
up to my shins
playing guitar
playing alone
I wanted it.
You won't have it.
You can't have it.
"I can't have it."
Playing guitar to you
in the snow...

R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Raven Hare
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: Talking Pussy

Post by Raven Hare »

Poor Ben! But at least he's taking it well. New start and all. :)
:hepz :kitty
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

rachel: Rachel slipped outside, carrying a few different boxes. She set them down on the pavement and checked her pocket for the matches.

Benny: Shaking the seasoning on the steak, Ben checked the oven and looked back to the timer. Okay.... Neena would be home just in time for him to present his special dinner that he cooked. Granted, it was a point-proving meal but as long as she got the point that he could cook on his own, even while she was all laid up with the baby...

rachel: Opening the box, she pulled one of the tiny sticks out and experimentally struck it against the side of the container, watching it as the tip went up in flames. Rachel shook the match out once the flame was just above her fingers. She was going to end up burning herself or blowing her hand off someday. At least then she'd probably never play with fire while bored again.

Benny: He moved on to the salsa, a vegetarian natural salsa made from scratch, which thankfully Neena had plenty of recipes for. He had bought tortilla chips earlier that day and figured this would be a good starter for Tex-Mex Steak.

rachel: Rachel eyed her collection of fireworks that she'd aquired the previous year, and they surprisingly hadn't been used. She had decided this needed to be fixed...

Benny: Ben took the bottle of sparkling cider and brought it up to the bed room, placing it in the small silve rpail of ice. Then he went back downstairs and checked the oven. Hot enough, good. He put the steak in and looked into the freezer for the frozen corn.

rachel: Rachel pulled out four that were a little smaller than tennis balls and set them down for a moment to pull a match out. She laid them out and lit the first one, grinning as she lit the other ones.

rachel: She ran back a bit and watched as the fuse got shorter. The first one went off, and she cringed a bit as it hit the other three.

Benny: Ben was about to put the corn in the metal pan when he heard a loud... well a boom. A very loud boom. Poking his head out to the window, he abandoned the food and walked to the back door, near the garage. "Uhhh.... Remy?"

rachel: Her jaw dropped at the explosion and the black smoke rising. Okay, that wasn't supposed to happen...

Benny: Ben came around the corner and saw Rachel, her hair in her face and a plume of smoke from the other side of the garage where he kept his scooter. "Rae, what's going on?" He asked her.

rachel: Rachel glanced over at Ben and just blinked as she struggled to come up with an excuse. "...Nothing?"

Benny: "Did you just-" He looked at the smoke. "Did you seriously just blow something up?" He walked over to the source of the smoke and dropped his jaw at the sight. "My.... my scooter!" There lay Connie his scooter, crumpled and twisted, mangled and burned, exploded into parts due to Rachel's fireworks.

Benny: "What the hell!?"

rachel: "Well... I, uh, didn't mean to, but I guess I did..." she gave a shrug, still staring at the remains.

Benjamin: Ben stared at the wreckage. "Rachel! What the fuck!?"

rachel: Rachel tore her gaze from the pile of burning rubble to glance at him, "What? I didn't think anything would blow up. ...Well, besides the stuff that's supposed to..."

Benjamin: "You were playing with fire works Rachel! SHIT BLOWS UP!" He took the fire extinguisher and put the flames out. He didn't rush though, he could tell it was too late. "Connie...." He said softly.

rachel: "I said besides the stuff that's supposed to, meaning the fireworks. I didn't think anything else would be exploding." She ran a hand through her hair, chewing on her lip, "I can replace it, if you want..."

Benjamin: Ben sighed. "You can get me a new helmet." He said. "I need to get a car anyways..." He glared to her. "Which you are not to blow up!"

rachel: "Why do you need a new helmet, if you're getting a car?" she rolled her eyes at the glare.

Benjamin: "'Cuz I'm going to get a new scooter too!" Ben said. "I'm getting paid for an album y'know, I have cash. And besides, with the baby coming, Neena's been on my ass to get a car. And apparently Felicia wants someone to teach her how to drive." He cackled. "I thought of making you the teacher but I decided Dark Rachel is not safe in a car."

rachel: "Then, I'll buy a new scooter and helmet for you. Not like I don't have any money from tattooing," Rachel shrugged, "I wouldn't be the best teacher anyway. I don't drive that often since I don't really have to, living in New York and all..."

Benjamin: "You can get me the helmet." Ben said. "To be honest, i was going to force myself to trade in a couple of amps for a new one anyways... you can contribute but I would never ask for full compensation for Connie... she's not something you just replace..." Ben frowned at the burnt scooter.

Benjamin: "You know I drove her off a cliff and lived right?" He said. "This one time I was trying to be cool with Ozzy and... well yeah. I was half-drunk."

rachel: "Okay, I guess that'll work," she shook her head, "I'm not sure I want to know how you managed to get out of dying from that."

Benjamin: "Spider-sense and webbing." Ben said poignantly. "So yeah, I was wondering, Neena's baby is coming soon, is there any chance you can help me when she delivers? I need someone to keep Felicia out of the room. She's talking about being there to videotape it, I don't get it but it's not happening."

rachel: "Um, as long as I don't have to see anything being born, I will..."

Benjamin: "Well, there's a minimal chance of that." Ben said. "If she gets past you and into the delivery room, or some other unforseen instance that is unlikely to happen." He grinned and threw the extinguisher aside. "Think we should tell anyone, or wait for their reactions?" He asked, nodding to the smoking pile of blowed-up scooter.

rachel: "Guess I'll just have to make sure she doesn't get past me, then." Rachel considered the trashed scooter, vaguely recalling the whole bomb incident, "With some of the trouble we've had before, it seems like a good idea to tell..."

Benjamin: Ben looked around suspiciously. "I'm surprised no one else came running out here... school must be driving everyone to bed early and into dense-sleep-mode. That, or... it's common practice with you." He shrugged and walked back to the house. "I'm cooking steak for Neena, you can have some if you'd like."

rachel: "Well, leftover fireworks and boredom don't really go together and to keep from blowing anything else up, as awesome as it'd be, I think I'll take the food," she grinned.

Benjamin: "Good, you can start by not touching anything in the kitchen. The scooter was enough for tonight." He opened the door and let her in. "And by the way, you can tell Forge or whoever why my scooter is crumpled up and burnt."
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

rachel: Rachel leaned back in her seat and glanced at the clock with a yawn. She groaned at the time. Still another hour or so, and she didn't have anyone scheduled. It meant she got to do absolutely nothing, which most likely wasn't going to be exciting. Great. More doodling, if her brain could produce anything creative after doodling for the last few hours.

rachel: Sighing, she glanced down at the paper in front of her and leaned over, sketching over a few lines. Maybe she could get away with sleeping.

Felicia: The door slammed open, the jingling bell ringing loudly as Felicia stumbled. "Rachel! OmigodI'msooooooo glad you're here!" She snorted and duck-walked over to the table, various customers and fellow employees staring suspiciously at the young girl. "I need... my boyfriends name... CODY! C-O-D....I think he uses an I?.. HERE!" She slapped her chest. "Right on my left tit... or my ass maybe? Somewhere he loves..."

rachel: She jumped slightly at her name and the voice that had spoken it, internally cringing at the attention she was gaining. Glancing up at Ben's sister, she stared blankly at her for a few moments and shook her head as she moved from her chair. So much for being bored. It'd be better than dealing with Felicia.

rachel: "Okay. How about we discuss this outside?" Rachel started leading her to the door. If she was lucky, she wouldn't be questioned about this later.

Felicia: "H-okay... but... you gotta refill my vodka thingy..." She shook her empty flask. "I think... I think I drank it all though that girl who I was with Marsi.. waitasec, where the hell is she?" She turned around in the shop as if someone had followed her in, then turned back to Rachel. Stunned to see the red head before her she smiled and hugged her. "I'm so glad you're here!"

rachel: "Right..." she took the flask and finished pulling her out of the shop, glad she had once the younger girl decided to cling to her.

Felicia: "Y'know... your hair is pretty..." She said. "I wish I had red hair... everyone thinks I'm dumb 'cuz I'm a blond-whoop!" She stumbled and fell against the wall. Snorting and snickering she slid against it until her bum hit the pavement. "Ooooooh man! Tonight has been FUN! Seriously though Rachel... I need a tattooooo... something cool. Like a platypus!"

Felicia: "Or maybe a chameleon! Just make it an outline all 3-d like, y'know? Like it's actually there but... IT'S NOT!"

rachel: "Uh, thanks, but I can't give you a tattoo..." Rachel shook her head again, trying to think of a way to deal with this. Why did his sister always have to come to her?

Felicia: "Whaaaat? Why?!" She looked up at Rachel, tears beginning to flow. "I... I was so sure you would do this for me! Rachel I neeeed one! Ben's so cool with his tattoos, and I want to be coooool!" She looked at the street and smiled. "I think I'm gonna hurl."

rachel: "I can't because you're underage and drunk. I don't think you need one either. It's not like you'll die without one," she said, ignoring the tears and making a face, "If you're going to puke, go over there. Just don't puke all over the sidewalk in front of the shop... or on me."

Felicia: "Oooh.... Rachel I'm sorry... this is totally embarrassssssssing!" She tried to stand up and instead crawled over to the No Parking sign, using that to pull herself up instead.

Felicia: "You know what's crrrazy? I totally like.... I don't regret it at all!!" She smiled and tried to focus on Rachel and Rachel and Rachel.

rachel: "Don't regret it... yet," Rachel muttered under her breath. "It's okay. So, take it this is like the usual... you want something, come to me, and I'm not supposed to tell Ben?"

Felicia: "NoooooooO!" She said as she danced around the metal pole. "You shouldn't tell him, but I don't care if he knows I lost my V-card, whatddoicare? He's not even my brother! He's like... half of one..." She finished her lazy spin and groggily looked to Rae.

Felicia: "Look... he's a jerk anyways, he promised me he'd take me to the zooersumthin', and he's been blowing me off for his pregnant chick. Like... he won't even marry her, he keeps telling his mom he's scared, he's such a BABY!"

Felicia: "He's a lazy jerk! And I don't think he's that great a brother now anyways, I mean... I called him tonight to pick me up, and he didn't even answer. Like, wheredafuck is he, huh!? Hesnt on tour anymore, he's been outted as a mutie or whatever."

rachel: She blinked, "You what? ...Actually, I'm not sure I want to know." Rachel ran a hand through her hair, taking in everything she said about Ben, "It's kinda late, which could be why he didn't answer, most people are asleep at this time."

rachel: "Even though he can be a jerk, he's still your brother, and I'm sure he'd try to work something out if you told him all this. They're getting married after the baby, and I don't blame him for being scared. When you're engaged, you can complain about that. It's kinda a scary thing."

Felicia: Felicia clicked her tongue against the roof of her mouth which made her sort of sick, so she bent over the car and hurled over the other side of it. "There see, not on the sidewalk. It's on the street." She smiled and laid on the hood of the car. "Look, Rayshul.....I.... I think he's a great guy, but he's totally drinking again or something.... something's wrong with him and he keeps something secret in his coat. I-I don't know what it is, but he won't let us see it." She sneered at the memory of him shooing her away.

rachel: "Yeah, that's good... I guess..." Rachel supposed someone's car was better than the sidewalk in front of the door. "I'm sure he's fine. Probably just stressed about losing his job, the whole baby thing, and the wedding."

Felicia: She sat up fast, realizing this was a mistake, tossed her cookies quickly over teh side of the car... okay mostly onto the car, and walked over to Rachel. "Look..." She said, popping half a roll of Mentos into her mouth. "Mmm... they are the freshmaker... okay, Look!" She pointed to Rachel. "I know Ben..."

Felicia: "Not... notaswell as I'd like but gooder enough. An' I think he's drinkin' again. You should use your jedi-mind shit and find out if he is or not! So we can put him in rehab or have an intervention ersomething!"

rachel: "I know him better than you, and he wouldn't start drinking again. He knows he'd get his ass kicked a few times, and he'd lose Neena," she shook her head, "I'm not going to use my telepathy on him."

Felicia: "Fine... but when he like drives a pole into his car and hurts the baby or himself... or worse just remember that I tried to w-OHMIGOD A COP!" She hopped behind Rachel and cowered as a patrol officer began to walk down the sidewalk towards the two girls.

rachel: Rachel rolled her eyes, "Yeah, you freaking out doesn't make us look suspicious at all..."

Felicia: The officer was looking into all the windows of the parked cars, carefully peering into the back seats as if in search of something. As he approached the two girls he smiled, sort of, and flashed his light at them. "Excuse me ladies, have you seen an orange mutant in a four door sedan? Colored green? He appears to have stolen it." He looked suspiciously at Felicia. "She okay?"

Felicia: "Oh, so, a mutant is colored funny and suddenly you appears to have stolen cars?" She asked, trying very hard to be sober.

rachel: She shot Felicia a look and put on a smile for the officer, "Haven't seen a thing, and she's just peachy."

Felicia: "I'm peachy!" Felicia said pointedly. "Not a peach..." Is that a drunk-thing to say?? The officer was about to speak when his radio cracled. "*Kkkkktt* Joe, we think we got the kid in a basement, over." Officer Joe sighed and took the walkie talkie. "Location, over."

Felicia: "*Kkkkttt* Appears this punk thinks it's funny to touch people and turn off their motor functions or something. We got six vegetables in a house on Park View, number *murmur murmur*" Felicia couldn't make out the rest. "He seems kinda scared Joe, over." Joe looked to the girls and frowned. "Coming. Over and out."

Felicia: He put the walkie-talkie back to its harness on his shoulder and stared at the girls for a moment. "Take her home." He said pointing to Felicia, but looking to Rachel. Walking back up the sidewalk and into the dark, Felicia sighed relief. "That was close!"

rachel: Rachel just nodded at the officer's command and rolled her eyes again once he'd turned his back. Right. Like she was being roped into taking her home again. "Yeah, that was kinda a drunk thing to say, and it wasn't that close."

Felicia: "Rachel that poor kid! He's going to get shot by cops for being a scared mutant! You should tell X to tell Ben to go save him! He can do it, I bet he can!" She tugged at Rachel's arm. "Do your brain-mail thing!" Her phone rang and she promptly dropped Rachel's arm and answered it. "Lora!? Omigod I drunk dialed you and you didn't pick up wainot!? OMIGOD you're not!" She covered the phone and in between laughs said, "She's drunk too!"

rachel: "And, this is the part where I stop caring since what your friends are doing doesn't matter to me," she pulled her arm away and crossed them, "Once you're done with the phone, we're going to go back inside, sit quietly, and be bored until I get off. Then, I'm going to find some way to send you home. Hopefully, you'll be somewhat sober by then." Not that drunken was much different from sober with Felicia.

Benjamin: Ben pulled up in the taxi and paid the driver. "We'll take the shuttle from here..." He said with a wave. He turned with a grimace to Felicia and Rachel. "Any reason why you hang up on me when I call you? And why doesn't your father have any clue where you are?" He walked over to her and gave a half smile to Rachel.

Benjamin: "Thanks... I can tell already she's shitfaced. Please tell me she wasn't too much trouble?"

Benjamin: Felicia looked to Rachel with pleading eyes. "Don't tell him anything pleeease!" She bawled.

rachel: "You said you didn't care if I did earlier," Rachel shot her a grin and glanced up at Ben, "She only came in drunk and demanded a tattoo... of her boyfriend's name..."

Benjamin: Ben looked to Felicia and decided it wasn't best to ask. "Cody still?" Ben asked. "I guess he didn't get the first punch I gave him." Felicia started but Ben snatched her arm. "Let's go missy." He said, guiding her down the sidewalk. "See you when you get out!" Ben called. "Thank you!"

rachel: "Well, you have to keep in mind he isn't the brightest," she mumbled loud enough for Ben to hear. "No problem, talk to you later."
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Benjamin: Ben kicked the kitchen door open and held up the front page of the entertainment section. "What the fuck is this?!"

Benjamin: On the front page was a picture of the back of Ben's head as he swung, on web, in the dead of night between two city blocks. Under it a caption read; "Local Artist Revealed to Be Mutant; Record Deal Abandoned"

Amara: Amara looked up from her bowl of cereal and blinked at the paper, "A newspaper?" she looked down at her food giving up and pushing the bowl away, "Nice picture..." she slid carefully off her seat and walked over to the fridge.

Benjamin: "Strange, you know who that is! Thankfully no one else did! The record execs only know me as Boston Jones, so now I've been replaced in the band! Well.. Boston Jones was, but STILL! If I wasn't wearing that Chili Peppers Sweatshirt, no one would've known it was me..."

Benjamin: "Awful coincidence isn't it? That someone would take a picture of me in that sweatshirt? On that day, swinging around in my webs? And mail it to my record company ruining my career!" He slammed the paper down and stared at her with heated anxiety.

Amara: Amara retrieved a carton of grape juice from the fridge and, with great difficulty, straightened up, "Of course I know it's you. I don't know anyone else that swings around on webs." She headed for the cupboard to get a glass, "But your career got ruined? Oh I'm sorry."

Benjamin: "Amara! I saw Selene that day with a camera! I saw her! Now I know she's a weird duck, but there is absolutely no reason for her to sabotage my career in music... no reason except one, and that's upon someone else's request." He drummed his finger tips on the small island's marble top.

Amara: Amara poured her drink and took as sip, watching Ben over the rim of the glass, "Any ideas who it was?"

Benjamin: Ben pounded the marble table and pointed to her with a long, angry, finger. "YOU!" He said sternly. "No one else, nobody could get Selene to do something so ridiculous. I don't know what you told her it was, I don't know how you put her up to it, but we are through. Forever. Forever. You've tried to ruin my relationship, you have ruined my career, I won't have you ruin anything else!"

Amara: Amara put her glass down, "Me? Why on earth would you think something like that? I don't know what you're talking about, Ben, ruining your relationship? What have I done?"

Benjamin: "Crazy!" he pointed an accusatory finger to her and his jaw dropped. "You. Are. Crazy! How do you not remember hiding in my closet? Or not remember trying to kiss me two times, or the fact that my computer was turned on and files were used that I hadn't touched in months, and why Neena gets weird e-mails from inactive e-mail accounts?!"

Amara: Amara blinked at him, vaguely remembering something Teagan had said to her when she'd finally left the medlab. She shook her head slowly, "I remember kissing you once after I turned Raya to glass...." she shrugged, "nothing else sounds familiar. Are you feeling alright?"

Benjamin: Ben grabbed his hair and groaned. What is wrong with this girl!? I got a baby coming, I now have no job, and she's trying to ruin my relationship and here she is pretending she didn't! Ben calmly took a few breaths and then looked back up at Amara. Realizing he still wasn't ready to look at her, he turned away and got a glass of water.

Benjamin: "How in the hell can you forget all that? Would I be lying Amara?"

Amara: Amara stared at Ben, "I... I don't know... I don't think so...." she ran a hand through her hair, "But I honestly don't remember doing anything you seem to think I have..."

Benjamin: "That's because you've gone Loco!!"

Amara: Amara raised an eyebrow, "I beg your pardon?"

Benjamin: "You've gone bonkers!" Ben threw his glass into the sink, it bounced up (thankfully it was plastic, and landed on top of a turned over pot and after bouncing again, settled in the sink with a spin to a stop. "I'm done with it! Good bye Amara, don't talk to me ever again, and don't ever, ever get near my child!" He stormed out of the kitchen, grumbling about setting booby-traps around the crib.

Amara: Amara watched him go feeling extremely confused. Maybe she'd try talking to him again when he'd calmed down and get him to explain what the hell it was all about.
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

Neena: "My contract said wine red for the ribbons. This is clearly magenta," Neena fingered the florist's ribbon between her thumb and index finger. "I want to see what will be in my arrangements, like I signed in the contract." The florist nodded and simpered off to fetch the ribbon she wanted. Neena turned to Rachel. "Seriously. You pay them and they still mess stuff up."

rachel: Rachel blinked and looked away from the spot she'd decided to stare at in boredom to Neena, "I'll keep that in mind."

Neena: The florist returned with two rolls of ribbon in hand. "Ah. Perfect," Neena said approvingly. "Make sure this is the one. Now the arrangements will look just like this, yes?" She pointed to the elaborate pieces, bloodred roses with lemongrass woven along the stems and fern backdrops. "Aren't they dramatic, Rae?"

rachel: "Hm?" Oh, right. She was supposed to be acting like she was paying attention to all the flowers and that she liked them. Rachel nodded, "Oh, yeah... sure..."

Neena: "I wasn't sure if I shoud go with roses or something else, but I figure, hey, they're classic, why not, right? Especially since the bouquets are white. I think it will give a good contrast." she winced a bit at a cramp in her belly, but ignored it. It was just another false alarm, though this false alarm had been going on for the past half hour.

rachel: "Uh huh..." she just kept nodding. Flowers were another thing to not look forward to when it came to planning for her wedding. She decided she should probably say more than what she had so far, or Neena might catch on... "I'm sure everything will look fine."

Neena: "Yeah, you know I just don't know how the hydrangeas will hold up in the heat. But Ben insists we do this now," she held her side. Another one? "Hey Rachel, remember when I gave you that timer? Yeah?"

rachel: Oh. Something that wasn't about flowers. Rachel managed to wiggle the item out of her pocket and held it up, "This thing?"

Neena: "Start it," Neena waved her hand and walked over to the arrangement destined for her wedding. She turned to the florist. "It looks fine. Can I see the bouquets now? I want to check the sizes." As they waited for him to return, Neena turned to Rachel. Another wave had come. "How much time has gone by on the clock?"

rachel: She flipped the timer around in her hand, fiddling with it for a few seconds before it finally decided to start. At least this gave her something to focus on while Neena messed around with all the flowers. "Uh..." Rachel glanced down at the device, "Eight-ish minutes."

Neena: "Keep timing," she said as the florist returned with his assistant, carrying a large box. Inside were six bouquets, all of blue hydrangeas. Neena felt her eye twitch.

Neena: "Blue? Blue?! I specifically asked for white! The contract said WHITE hydrangeas!" she pointed at the box. "These are all wrong! Where are my white bouquets?? And why is the bride's bouquet the same size as the bridesmaids'?" The florist stammered out that he was new to the shop and might have read the order wrong. Neena shook her head, her blood boiling. "This is unacceptable! Unacceptable! You've ruined my flowers!" she was shaking, and she thought she felt a sharper pang in her belly.

rachel: Rachel looked over the flowers and gave the florist a sympathetic look, coughing, "Bridezilla."
Neena: "At least you can fix this, yes?" Neena looked at the florist, who stammered out that the last of the white hydrangeas had been used for another wedding. ""Excuse me? What?! I paid a hundred extra for WHITE flowers and you don't even HAVE them?" Neena couldn't believe it. "You will refund my money AND you will get me the flowers I was promised!" She punctuated the statement with a step towards the florist. As her Jimmy Choo clicked down she felt a rush between her legs that was distinctly different from the energy pulsing through her body, set off by stress.

rachel: Rachel looked between the florist and Neena, slightly wishing she had popcorn. That was the only thing that could make this better. She quickly glanced at the timer, so she wouldn't miss anything and blinked as Neena paused. And, here she thought that Neena was going for the kill...

Neena: "Rachel," Neena clutched the sides of her skirt. "She's coming. Omigod she's coming!"

rachel: Her eyebrow raised as a puzzled look crossed her face, "What are you -- Oh... that..."

rachel: Rachel ran a hand through her hair now that she understood what Neena was talking about, "Sooo... what exactly am I supposed to do?"

Neena: "You," Neena pointed to the florist, breathing heavy. "Get me paper towels NOW. You," she jerked her head to the assistant. "Get outside and call a cab. Rachel get a hold of Ben please and tell him to be ready, we're on our way to the mansion."

Neena: She was trying her best to look dignified and in charge with amniotic fluid running down her leg and her back almost doubled over in pain.

rachel: She stuffed the timer back in her pocket and switched it out for her phone, flipping it open and clicking to create a new text message. Taking a moment, she considered what to put, eventually deciding on 'Neena's water broke. Help me.' Rachel stuffed the phone back in her pocket after hitting send, "Ben should know, assuming he has his phone on him."

Neena: "Good," she croaked, accepting the paper towel from the florist and trying with some difficulty to wipe her legs. The florist offered his arm and she accepted gratefully. "Then let's go."
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Muahahah!
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

Post by Svartfreja »

Benjamin: Ben looked at the plot of land by the woods he had picked for the apple trees and frowned. It wasn't that this was a bad patch of land to try and grow some apple trees, it was simply that he knew he was starting way too late. But with everything that had been going on... well, it wasn't easy. He looked to his little Red Flyer wagon filled with fertilizer, specifically for orchards, his shovel, and his other needs for this project.

Benjamin: "Why am I the only one interested in doing this stuff??" He wondered. He looked around for someone to borrow so he could get assistance bringing the small apple tree saplings over. They looked like Charlie Brown Christmas trees, it was quite frankly pathetic.

Anna: Anna stepped outside, feeling more than a little aprehensive, "So... what did you want to do? Sunbathe? Swim? Picnic?" She grinned at Wade, "Of course if it's a picnic you want we'll have to go right back inside and find food." Please say picnic...

Wade: "Well the thought of seeing you in bikini is quite delicious....and seeing myself in a swim trunks does sound good in a hot summer's day....relaxing, draining in the sun and some nice pina coladas..." Wade went into a dreamy moment, "Wait, what was the question again?"

Benjamin: Wade! And Anna! "Guys!" Ben called, waving from a distance. "Hold up!" He shot a string of web and yanked himself over to them. "You guys want to help me plant these apple trees? I'm trying to get our own apples grown here, and then eventually an entire vegetable garden." He pointed to the dirt pile near the woods.

Benjamin: "I'll make everyone burgers when we're done!" He bargained with a grin.

Anna: Anna yelped at the sudden appearance of Ben and clung to Wade, "Er... trees?" She looked at Wade, "Aww and I was hoping to get plastered and go for a swim." she grinned. Maybe she could cope with outside if she was doing something? "What do you think, Wade? Should we help the guy out?"

Wade: "My brain says no, but my gut says yes. Probably saying yes just to see you get all sweaty hot...hold on....I said that out loud, didn't I? Dang." Wade waved his hand front of Anna, "You did not hear that."

Anna: Anna giggled, "I did hear that." She gave him a playful nudge, then grinned at Ben, "Okay I think that's a yes we'll help you."

Benjamin: "Good. I promise, we can get plastered afterwards." He gave them a thumbs up. "Okay, so the little baby trees are over by the side of the greenhouse." He started walking and felt his pocket vibrate, soon followed by the Carmen Sandiego theme. Rachel... 'course...

Benjamin: "Okay, let's get the trees in the wheel barrels and put 'em over there, six trees, three wheel barrels, this works."

Wade: "Hold on there, Bennie Greenthumb, wouldn't life be easier if we just ate a couple apples and spit the seads over yonder?" Wade asked, "Manual labour is starting to sound like work."

Benjamin: "Well, if you want to do it that way, we can wait for a year or two for apples to grow. And for the bees to do their handywork. Or we could just plant the tree and have apples within six months. Worst case scenario, next season." He shrugged. "I've been a little busy, haven't been able to do this."

Anna: Anna grinned, "Don't worry we can cheat." She grasped one of the trees and lifted it into the wheelbarrow as though it weighed nothing. "I love teke." She picked up a second and plopped it down next tot he first then wheeled the lot over to the previously indicated patch of earth.

Wade: Wade had to do it the old fashioned Amish way and actually lift with his knees. They weren't actually that heavy, but it just sounded better when he said, "Lift with the kneeeeees...."

Benjamin: Ben felt his pocket vibrate again. It was the reminder, meaning the text that was sent was important. "Who wants to be Rachel is texting me to bring her lunch at work?" Ben asked. He took his phone out and flipped it open. "We're just going to plant these guys along the edge here, and when-...." He read the text and his jaw opened.

Benjamin: It hung there, open, and his expression of surprise grew into fear. "Oh. My. God." He dropped the phone. "What do I do? What do I do!?"

Anna: Anna turned to stare at Ben, "What? What happened?" She abandoned her wheelbarrow and went over to him, "Why the shocked expression?"

Wade: "Forgot how to read again? Remember, just sound out the words." Wade helped.

Benjamin: "I don't know what to do!" Ben said again, quietly. He handed the phone to Anna and just walked a few steps away. "I don't think I'm ready! I know I'm not ready! How the hell can I be expected to be ready!? It was an accident! I thought we had more time!"

Anna: Anna blinked at Ben then looked at the phone and read the message, "Neena's water broke? Ooooh.... Oh! Shit! Er...." she laughed, "Wow that's great Ben, you're gonna be a daddy really soon!"

Wade: "D'aww, gonna be the proud papa of a crawling anklebiter. That's so adorable. I wonder how many pair of eyes the kid's going to have.....crap, that's outloud again, huh? I'm really out of practice." Wade's attention went back to the buggy daddy. "So you gonne decorate the kids room with webbing? All the cool newborns are getting it."

Benjamin: Ben felt himself begin to lose his breath. He couldn't hear Wade, and he could barely hear Anna. His vision was beginning to tunnel. "I can't! I cant do this! I don't know what I'm doing, I'm not ready! There's no such thing as ready, but I'm really, really not ready!" He spun to Anna and grabbed her shoulders. Nearly shaking her he yelled "What do I do!? I'm about to be a father!"

Anna: "Eek!" Anna flailed slightly, "First of all you calm down!" She yelled back and grabbed one of his hands with her own, "And then you remember what you rehersed. You knew this was coming you must have practised."

Wade: "Anna, that's no way to treat the recently insane. This is what you do." Wade pulled Ben around to face him and immediately yelled, "Get a grip!" and slapped him through the face.

Benjamin: "Gah!" Ben put his hand to his face. "Oh my God! Wade! She's about to deliver! She needs to be here!" He looked to Anna and then to Wade. "She's at the flower place, what do I do?! What if she has the baby there! Or in a taxi! What if she's noticeably mutant?!"

Anna: Anna sighed, "Ben, it takes a long time to have a baby, she's not going to have it in 5 minutes. You have plenty of time. Where were you planning on her delivering?"

Wade: "Anna, talking is not how you fix a situation like this." Wade slapped Ben again, this time on the other cheek, just to make him all round rosy. "See, he looks much more calmer now."

Benjamin: "Stop slapping me!" Ben cried hysterically.

Wade: "You're delusional! There is no spoon!" Wade cried back hysterically.

Anna: "Look, calm down or I will join in. Getting all crazy isn't going to help, is it?" She only just managed not to laugh at Wade, "Don't you think you should maybe go and find the doc? He'll know what to do." She patted Ben a little and wondered if she should try and heal the stress again.

Benjamin: "I-... I don't know Anna... am I really ready for this? I'm about to be a dad to a little girl! I mean... man.... she's my daughter!"

Wade: Wade gave another good hard slap through Ben's face.

Benjamin: "What was that for!?" Ben yelled.

Wade: Wade guffawed and snorted, "Duh, Chinatown, great movie"

Benjamin: "Well... yeah but... what does that have to do with-...Dude, what?!"

Anna: "Oi!" Anna yelled across the conversation, "Bigger problems, guys!! Neena. Baby. Now." She grabbed Ben's sleeve with one hand and Wade's arm with the other, "Let's go find the good Doctor and he can deal with it."

Wade: "Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh, we're off to see the doctor, the doctorate doctor of ex," Wade sang as the all started walking hand in hand in arm, "Hey, wait, where's the Tin Man?"

Benjamin: "He's getting the brain, right?" Ben asked Anna, hoping for some reassurance. Ben looked at his phone again. "Okay, they're almost here! We gotta get Hank! Anna, can you do me a huge favor and call the people who's names are in red on my phone, tell them Neena's about to give birth?"

Anna: "He doesn't need a brain - he has one." Anna replied, "You just have to know how to interpret it." She patted Ben gently and accepted the phone again, "Er... sure.. can't believe you're trusting me with something this important though.... promise I won't screw up!"

Wade: "Oh oh oh, do I get an important task? Ooh, you want me to deliver the baby? Once saw a documentary on the tv about it, not sure how I'll adapt the lifecycle of spiders on to you kid's delivery, but I can give it a whirl."

Benjamin: Ben spun to Wade and looked him in the eyes. "For the love of God, for your own safety, avoid that delivery room. Neena is still not happy about the Asian Restaurant and she's definitely not going to be any happier during delivery..." He held his finger up. "She's a lucky shot y'know."

Anna: "You can help me, Wade," Anna said with a smile, "In case I forget to hang up."

Wade: To go with Ben's last sentence, Wade imagined a giant bullseye where the doctor should be and Neena aiming for it. "Now when you say lucky shot...nevermind." Looking to banAnna, "Don't worry fifth time's the charm that you'll remember."

Benjamin: "Great... okay... well Anna, I'll see you down at the med labs, bring my phone." He pointed to Wade. "I mean it, be careful. Rachel's showing up and she's guarding the door." He spun around and went to the elevator. Turning back he waved. "Thanks guys!"

Wade: Wade's arm went around Anna's shoulder, waving to Ben as the doors closed, "Our little Benji's growing up so fast."
:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

ANTONIA IS BORN!

Benjamin: Ben rushed out to the cab, waving frantically. "Neeeenaaaa!" He opened the door to the cab before it had even rolled to a stop. "Rachel! Oh, thank God!" He smiled to Neena, as best as he could. His brow was covered with as much sweat as hers at this point. "Hey babe, you okay? Breathing, right? I got Anna calling Felicia and your family. My mom and Aunt are out of town, but they're getting called too!"

Neena: "Slow down," she panted, holding onto his hand tightly. "I need to get to the lab quick, they're coming in closer now. The contractions," she clarified for Ben, who looked confused.

rachel: "So, which one of you is going to pay him?" Rachel looked between the two and nodded in the general direction of the cab driver. She supposed she could, but she'd rather not so asking them was worth a shot.

Benjamin: Ben waved to Anna. "Anna, can you pay for the cab?" Ben carefully picked up his wife-to-be. "I'd let you walk, but let's face it, you're giving birth."

Anna: Anna nodded at Ben, "Probably... no that wasn't to you..." she found some money and gave it to the driver, "You can pay me back later... no, not you, oh for goodness sake, no I don't want change, shoo!" she glared at the driver, "Sorry about that, cab driver... yeah yeah, she looks fine, don't you start!" Anna told Felicia down the phone, "Stop yelling at me! I'll hang up!"

rachel: Rachel followed Ben and Neena, feeling slightly bad for Anna since she could hear Felicia on the other end of the phone. At least she sounded sober...

Neena: "Who is that, Anna?" Neena asked over Ben's shoulder. "Give me the phone," she reached over and snatched it out of Anna's hand, hearing Felicia. "If you plan on yelling this shrilly when you get here don't bother coming. I won't have anyone other than me shouting at my delivery," she didn't wait for Felicia's reply and gave Anna the phone.

Anna: Anna blinked at Neena, then spoke to the silence on the other end of the phone, "See, what did I tell you?"

Benjamin: Ben snorted as he brought her into the med-lab. "Okay, here we are..." He put her on the table and smiled. "Anna, can you keep her calm for me? Rae, can you keep everyone out here? I know you're not up for this so..."

rachel: "Yeah, sure," she moved to stand by the door. She was pretty sure she'd do just about anything to not see this. The video she had to watch in high school was bad enough.

Neena: "Why are you smiling?" Neena gasped as pain rolled through her lower back. It felt like the baby was trying to come out that way instead of between her legs. "Stop smiling! This isn't funny." Her face screwed up in pain and she allowed herself a groan as the contraction passed. "Anna, make him stop smiling."
Anna: "Ben stop smiling or I'll get Wade to hit you again." Anna grinned at Ben and shuffled to stand next to Neena, "If you start to feel panicky tell me and I'll heal it away." She told her.

Neena: "Now would be a good time!" she hissed, afraid of the next contraction. She knew that since her water broke so quickly her labor would be short. The pain scared her.

Benjamin: After a few moments of waiting for Neena to be subdued Ben kissed her on the cheek as Doc McCoy began his handywork. Ben waited for the text and he finally got it. "They're here... how much longer doc?" McCoy indicated a while, and Ben kissed her again. "I'll be back..."

Benjamin: He left the Med-lab and went into the hall to meet Lazarus, Felicia, and Neena's parents.

Anna: Anna smiled at Neena, holding her hand and hoping that she wouldn't squeeze too hard. She wondered if she could heal pain too.

Neena: "Where is he going? Is he leaving?" Neena looked up at Anna. "And where is my mother? I need her here."

rachel: Rachel moved out of the way as Ben shoved by her, willing herself not to turn around as she answered Neena, "He's not leaving. There's just people here that he's going to get."

Benjamin: Felicia hugged her brother and smiled. "You're so awesome! You're gonna be a Dad!" She held up her video camera and tilted her fedora down. "And I'm gonna capture it all on camera!" Ben noticed Lazarus glaring at him. "Nice to see you too... and no neither of you are allowed in, sorry."

Anna: Anna continued to smile calmly at Neena, "I'm sure Ben's just gone to greet the arriving relatives. He'll be right back - maybe even with your mum."

Neena: "And Lazarus. He promised me he'd be here," Neena craned her neck to try and see.

Lazarus: "How is she?" Lazarus tried not to look pained but he knew he did. Neena had said she wouldn't take the drugs, and he was afraid for the doctor's life if he tried to handle his sister in labor.

Benjamin: "She's fine. We're fine. I'm going to go back in now." Ben told them. "Mrs. Thurman you can come in when the baby comes, I'll have Rachel here come get you." He pointed to the others. "You. Lazarus... and Felicia. This is where I have my family, in there." He looked to Lazarus. "This is it, this is where you show you trust me. That's my daughter being born in there, so you don't get any ideas of commandeering."

Benjamin: Felicia winced. "I'm... I-..." She sighed and forced a smile. "I get it, don't worry. You want it to be you two, I get that."

Neena: "I trust you to honor my sister's wishes," Lazarus folded his arms. "And I can hear her screaming in there. Now if you don't get a hold of her or let our mother pass she''ll probably end up killing the doctor."

Neena: "Mother!" Neena wailed. The contractions were coming in waves, and her body was reacting under the stress, amplifying every sensation. "Ben!"

rachel: Rachel blinked at Ben saying her name, "I'm going to do what?"

Benjamin: Ben turned back and looked again to Lazarus. "You'll be an uncle next time you see me." He said to him. Running back in, nearly kicking the door open, he looked to Neena. "Neena, you okay?" He put his hand in hers.

Benjamin: Felicia pulled at Rachel's sleeve. When she turned, Felicia put the video camera on her. "How's it feel to know you're about to be an Aunt... sorta?"

Neena: "Do I look alright to you?" she glared at him. "I feel like I'm going to pass a whale! Where is my mother?

Benjamin: Ben looked to Anna for re-assurance. He could feel himself going to tunnel-vision again. What was she saying? Mother? Her mother is outside, and will stay there until... wait... whale?! "She... uh..." He felt a qualm of cold overwhelm him and he slumped to the ground, his hand still in Neena's.

Benjamin: Felicia turned the camera back on herself. "So as I've already said, today is the day you were born. This will be your uncle, this is Lazarus, this is your grandpa and grandma, this is your crabby Aunt-Rachel, and I'm Auntie Felicia!"

Anna: "Ben, calm down you're not helping. Neena, I'm going to keep the blocks off my power so it'll just keep healing you, okay?" She gave Neena's hand a reassurring squeeze, "Hopefully it'll counteract the weird stuff your mutation does... Ben, maybe you should let Neena's mum in here?"

rachel: Rachel pushed the camera out of her face, rolling her eyes as Felicia focused it back on herself, "Keep that out of my face, or you won't have it anymore."

Benjamin: Felicia smiled at the camera. "See! She's a total grouch! But don't worry, by now she has to have eased up,... right?"

Benjamin: Inside, Ben felt his dizziness fade, and his momentary black out reversed itself. Helping himself up he pulled a chair up and rubbed Neena's hand. "You're doing okay..." he said, more to himself than to her. "I promise..."

Anna: Anna reached over Neena and put a hand on Ben's, sparing him a quick heal to be on the safe side. No panic attacks in from of the woman giving birth. She was going to be exhausted by the end of it but it'd be worth it.

rachel: She cut off another comment to Felicia at the thought, "Uh... Mrs. Neena's mom... they want you or whatever in there..."

Neena: "Mom," Neena reached for her mother's hand as Beatrice breezed in. "You were right. I should have taken the damn shot!" she took her mother's hand but squeezed Ben's as her body lurched through another contraction. "Why can't she just come now?"
Neena: "Be patient sweetie," Beatrice chuckled. "The first one is always the longest. I was in labor with your brother for 12 hours before he decided to pop out."

Anna: "Twelve hours, huh? Maybe I should find a chair..." She smiled at Neena, "I'll stay as long as you want... or I can go now?"

rachel: Rachel leaned back against the wall by the door, looking between Ben and Neena's family. Debating sabotaging Felicia's video camera, she eventually decided not to.

Neena: Neena didn't really care at this point, so she waved Anna away, managing a thank you.

Benjamin: "Don't worry babe... however long, I'm here."

Benjamin: Four, grueling, shrieking, and sweaty hours later, McCoy showed his plump head and smiled. "Here she comes! Just a few more pushes!"

Neena: Neena groaned. He said a few more pushes several pushes earlier. She grabbed Ben's collar and pulled him close. "We. Are. NEVER having sex again. EVER."

Neena: Beatrice laughed gaily. "Oh, dear. I remember saying that to Clem when Lazzy was born."

Benjamin: Ben gasped. "Whatever you say!" He tried to smile, but it was no use. Outside Felicia kept her camera on the door. The battery was already winding low, so she had plugged it into the socket. "This is taking forever! I've had two pee breaks and you're still not here!" She put the camera on herself. "How rude! Your poor mother!"

rachel: "I'm impressed you've managed to sit still and stare at the door the whole time besides those two pee breaks."

Anna: Anna bounced excitedly in her seat, "Gaaaah!! I don't like waiting!!" She got up and began pacing, "Do you think she's nearly out yet?"

Neena: Somewhere out beyond her hot, tired mind, she heard McCoy telling her the baby had crowned. Neena mustered up whatever strength she had left to push once more before she heard the most beautiful words from her mother. "Stop pushing, sweetie, she's here!"

Benjamin: Ben was standing over Neena's legs held up in the stirrups, his hand still in hers. He looked to Neena and smiled as Doctor McCoy took the newborn child from Neena's womb. Once a cry came out, Ben felt himself get choked up as he squeezed Neena's hand. "Our daughter...Antonia." He smiled at the small newborn.

Benjamin: "She's beautiful..." Ben whispered. McCoy smiled as he cleaned Antonia off, for the most part, and wrapped her in a small, warm blanket. Giving the child to Ben, who had been trained already by Remy how to hold her, the two smiled at eachother. "Thank you." He said to Hank. He looked at his daughter and felt a tear roll down his cheek.

Neena: "Give her here," Neena reached out a tired hand. "Give her to me! Let me see her."

Benjamin: Ben smiled. "'Course." he said, putting their daughter into Neena's arms.

Neena: "Finally," Neena placed the baby on her chest, staring down at the little face. Normal skin, lovely and pink like a baby's skin should be. "You sure were a lot of work, Toni," Neena closed her eyes, wanting nothing more than to sleep now that the baby was there and safe.

rachel: "Apparently, the baby's here and everyone's allowed in now..." Rachel announced, slightly glad that seeing the baby wouldn't take long so she could go do something other than waste away in the medlab.

Anna: "Baby!" Anna dived for the door, "Congratulations!!" she yelled.

Benjamin: Ben smiled at them and with his back turned to Neena mouthed the words, 'easy...'. Wiping his forehead clean of sweat he went over to Rachel and hugged her, then he hugged Felicia, and even shared a brief hand-shake/hug with Neena's father and Lazarus. Ben went to the other side of the bed with Hank as Hank did his diagnostics of the child, visually.

Neena: Neena sighed as she watched Hank, her eyelids heavy. She really, really wanted a nap about now. The room suddenly seemed crowded and blurry. She vaguely felt Lazarus' hand on her forehead and her mother's cool kiss on her cheek before slipping into blessed sleep.

Benjamin: Doctor McCoy expressed some concern at the pigmentation of Antonia's eyes, inbetween her tight squinting from the light. "Here..." Ben kissed Neena and took the child, letting Hank have a look. "This is astounding! Violet, her entire eye is colored violet!"

Benjamin: Ben nearly shat himself. "Is... that bad?" "Not at all, it's a mutation! I'm not sure what it means, but we won't know if this has effected her vision or not for a while... but she's healthy otherwise... Good weight, 7.92 pounds, very average length."

Benjamin: With a wink from the good doctor, and a kiss on Neena's head, Antonia was put back in her arms, and Ben smiled at his family. "Thank you, everyone."

[Edited on 13/6/09 by Ult_Sm86]
Love das flockige
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Love das flockige »

Her first thought when she opened her eyes was of her baby.Where was she? She missed the warmth of the little body against her chest already. Neena blinked a few times, trying to adjust to the dim light in the room, and turned her head to where she thought McCoy had taken Antonia to examine her. She saw her mother instead, standing next to the little box crib, a bundle in her arms.

"Well look who's up and ready, Toni," Beatrice cooed to the baby, and Neena saw the bundle shift. "Just in time to feed you!" She took Antonia over to Neena, who stretched out her arms eagerly. She felt an overwhelming sense of peace as her daughter's head settled in the crook of her arm, her little nose pert like Ben's, but her little lips full, like hers. Those lips were now settled in a hungry pout, and Antonia made a noise that sounded like a bleating lamb. Neena was beside herself as the noise grew to a hiccuping, weak little cry. Antonia opened her tiny mouth and wailed, her cries shaky.

"Mom," Neena panicked, knowing she had to feed the baby but completely unprepared for the actual idea of breastfeeding. She wanted to do it, she knew it was best, but where did she start? Neena shifted uncomfortably, her breasts felt full and sore.

"It's alright," Beatrice came forward to help, showing Neena how to tickle the baby's bottom lip to get her latching properly. The crying subsided to happy little gulps as Antonia fed greedily. "See? You're a natural, Nee-nee."

"Where's Ben?" Neena looked around, noticing for the first time she and her mother were alone in the room.

"I finally got him to go get some food for himself. And for you too. You need to replace those calories. Though if I didn't know better I never would have said this was your first labor. She practically flew out!" Beatrice chuckled, but Neena didn't think it was very funny. Her powers probably accelerated and amplified the contractions, shortening the birth, but it was still long, arduous, and not something she wanted to do again anytime soon.

"She's beautiful, isn't she?" she said instead, changing the subject to the child in her arms. It was true. Antonia was the loveliest little baby she had ever seen, all pink and tiny, all six pounds of her. And the best part was that she had no obvious mutation. She, unlike her mother, could easier hide what she was most likely carrying inside her. Neena wanted to cry with relief.

"She is. And her eyes are stunning," Beatrice said approvingly, leaning forward. "Won't you open your eyes for mama, Toni?" she coaxed. As if hearing her grandmother, Antonia cracked open her eyes slowly. Neena stared down at her baby, at the violet, pupil-less eyes looking back up at her. They really were extraordinary. Beautiful. Amazing. Obvious. Neena started to cry.

"Oh, there now," her mother stood up and went for the tissues. "I know, the hormones will be going nuts in there. You'll cry for no reason at all, and laugh the next minute. It's perfectly normal."

Neena nodded and accepted the tissue, but she didn't have the heart to tell her mother why she was really crying. It wasn't hormones at all. It was a sudden and irrational fear that her baby girl will be recognized for what she really was, thanks to her stunning jewel eyes.
Support Love's business, visit Kinosei: Plushies by MG

http://plushiesbymg.wordpress.com
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Very nice! Now Ben!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He knew the guitar was too loud, it would startle the baby. His banjo was certainly not worth it, so he decided on the ukulele. It was probably 4 a.m. but Ben actually didn't care. He loved staring at her, putting his finger inside her hand, watching her suckle from her mother. Everything she did was amazing.

What have you done... He thought worriedly to himself. He plucked at the string and smiled to see the baby's eyes open, but no cry. No tears. Antonia.

"What have you done,
you've gone done fall'd in love.
She's so beautiful.
Like her Mama,
strong like her Papa,
or at least so you hope.

She has eyes like gems
and if you ever breathe again
it will be because she breathes too.
You need her, yes you do.

Pulling at the strings of your heart
like a skilled player of a Mexican guitar
Mariachi trumpets at dusk.
You don't want to sleep but you must.
If you stare any more,
your eyes will fall on the boards
and you'll never be able to see,
the eyes they're so pretty.

She has eyes like gems
it's because she sees you
her look takes your breath away.
Maybe she'll give it back some day.

In a few years or more
you know she'll be four
and short time after that,
her boyfriend names Zack,
he won't squeeze your hand,
to show you he's a man.

But you'll let her go
but it's so damn hard
and when she walks down the stairs
for her junior prom,
you'll recall all the songs.
In the car you would sing.

The two of you, singing songs about whales
about pirates or watermelons, or fluffy squirrel tails.
And she's all the world,
she's your little girl.

If you walk her down the aisle
look her in the eyes.
Tell her with a smile
that you'll be alright,
she knows it's a lie.
But she tells you "Dad, you did fine."

She has eyes like gems
it's because she said "Dad".
You want to hear it so bad.
Her violet eyes
purple like a disguise
and her rosy red cheeks.
You watch her as she sleeps.

Those eyes like gems
they're closing again
sweet dreams my little girl,
welcome to your new world."

Ben plucked the last string and watched as his daughter lightly cooed and closed her eyes, sleeping again.
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Cute baby!!

Still, Antonia?? Poor girl. Ant for a nick name?
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Toni.

And it was Love's pick :shifty it actually has grown on me.

Besides, you guys voted for it!
Love das flockige
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Love das flockige »

Yeah, it's Toni for short. Besides, it means ""child of battle and victory" which I think is totally something Neena would pick :P
Support Love's business, visit Kinosei: Plushies by MG

http://plushiesbymg.wordpress.com
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

Post by Svartfreja »

Amara: Amara stepped into the recroom with a book and a bottle of water and went to sit by the window. She paused halfway, having caught sight of a foot. Changing direction, she went to see who it was.

Amara: Ben and baby Antonia were both completely out for the count on the sofa. She smiled, put down her book and bottle of water and carefully pulled the throw from the back of the sofa over them like a blanket - it was chilly in the recroom with the airconditioning on.

Benjamin: Ben snorted and the baby cooed and opened her violet eyes. They looked to Amara and though the baby couldn't quite smile, there was a certain rise in the position of her lips. A new face!!

Amara: Amara smiled down at the baby, "Hi," she said quietly, "You must be Antonia, I'm Amara." She gave a little wave then bent to pick up her book again, "Go back to sleep, I'll be quiet." she whispered.

Benjamin: Antonia took a deep breath in and gurgled at Amara. Her tiny eyes followed Amara's movements as she burbled. Ben groaned and opened his eyes, looking to his daughter. "Wakey-wakey, huh?" He looked up and saw Amara, instantly freezing. His arm wrapped around his child.

Benjamin: "We'll go." Ben said, sitting up and bringing his baby with him. Antonia, unhappy about this, began to wail. "Oh, man! And I thought you were on a quiet streak!"

Amara: Amara blinked at Ben, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to wake you... you don't have to leave on my account, I was just saying hello to Antonia." She gave the little girl another smile, "She woke up when I pulled the blanket over you both."

Benjamin: Ben noticed the blanket then and frowned. Nice. "Well, I better calm her down before I bring her upstairs... Neena's trying very hard to sleep." He patted her back and made whispery promises to her. He sang a bit of his lullaby he had written, and she seemed to enjoy it enough to downgrade to minor wimpering.

Amara: "That's some set of lungs she has," Amara said with a smile, "Must take after you there, huh?" She went to sit in a chair and opened her bottle of water, "Her eyes are beautiful." She'd noticed their unique colour, before Ben had woken up, "With eyes like that, she'll be beating guys off with a stick, you mark my words."

Benjamin: "Yeah, well... I'll be the one doing the beating I think." Ben said, smiling at his daughter's eyes. "She seems to see well enough.. so we don't think it causes blindness... strange though. It's clearly a mutation, but lord knows I have no idea what it means."

Amara: "Maybe she won't develop a mutation til later on? Til then she'll just have very nice eyes... maybe that's all she'll have?" she gave a small shrug, "Either way I won't be around to find out." She frowned as her own baby gave her a kick, "Ow..." she rubbed her belly.

Benjamin: "You know, Amara..." Ben sat down. "I would love for our kids to know eachother, even be friends. But you need to believe your friends, the people who care about you, and seek some help. Talk to someone about what was going on. I know you say you don't remember, and I'm not up for rehashing it all... just... talk to someone. And not yourself."

Amara: Amara raised an eyebrow, "Who said I was talking to myself?" she put the top back on her bottle and put it down, "And there's no way our children will know eachother anyway..." Even if Neena allowed it.

Benjamin: "And why would that be? You're kidding yourself if you think I'm saying in this country more than a year from now. When she's old enough to travel and I'm all graduated or whatever, we're bouncing. West coast? Sure. Though I'd rather be in Japan or France."

Amara: "You'd still be thousands of miles from me." She adjusted her position to make herself more comfortable, "I'm moving back to Italy once the baby's born. I'll have left before the new semester starts, if all goes to plan."

Benjamin: "Jeez!" Ben said. "Well... we can still visit. If you promise to stop showing up in my closet. And talk to somebody, Dai or someone I don't care."

Amara: Amara frowned again, "Talk about what? I don't remember any of that stuff you say I did, I can hardly give details on something I've no knowledge of can I? And the last time I checked, talking to your deceased partner is a perfectly normal coping mechanism."

Benjamin: "Amara... all I'm saying is I am mildly concerned. If you don't remember, that's even more cause for concern. All I ask is that you talk to someone. Even someone you would normally never talk about that stuff to. Somebody, I don't care who. I'd prefer you work it out with Neena, but not until she's feeling better."

Benjamin: "Let me tell you... you go anywhere near that door, and you'll have a shoe through your skull. Promise."

Amara: Amara sighed, "I wouldn't go and talk to her anyway... I'd rather she came to me at least then I know she'd want to talk to me instead of me forcing my company on her. But it's frustrating because I don't know what I did wrong..." she spared another small smile for Antonia.

Benjamin: The baby was already slowly drifting off to sleep, yawning and curling her fingers and toes up. "Y'know what's weird... last night I had this horrible dream that I dropped her, or she got bit by a dog, and just all these other horrible things happening. I was so upset! I didn't sleep at all!"

Amara: Amara laughed quietly, "Yeah, I'm told I should expect that too. It's perfectly normal paranoia." She gave Ben a reassurring smile, "Unless of course you're as clumsy as that Anna girl, then it's probably better just to avoid holding the baby."

Benjamin: "I'm nervous about bringing her around. You know, incase people want to hold her? I don't think I'd let Selene within five feet... Kyle, as much as I like him... oh God, Wade! Love the guy to pieces, but hell no. And Hector? Basically there's a very elite list of qualified baby holders for me." He chuckled.

Benjamin: "But like you said, it's paranoia. I just... first kid, y'know? I gotta adjust." He looked up to the ceiling and frowned. "If she wakes up and finds the baby gone I'm afraid the ceiling will open up and she'll land in front of me, veins popping."

Amara: "I'm sure all of those people you're so worried about would be extra careful with a small child." Amara told Ben, and she meant it, "But you're right, you need to adjust. And don't wrap her in cotton wool or you'll end up with a small version of me. I was a terrible child." She smiled at Ben, "Of course you might like that - my father was and is still my favourite parent."

Benjamin: "If I had it my way, she'd be wrapped in bubble wrap with a snorkel so she could breathe. Though I'm trying to find a way to create a web-holster for her. Save money, and it might look pretty cool."

Amara: "Maybe you could model one on those baby slings you can buy - they're apparently very comfy for the parent and the child." She'd been considering getting one herself. "But it would maybe be problematic for you - doesn't your webbing dissolve after some time?"

Benjamin: "I tell people it's a couple of hours, but it's more like a day or two. I'm trying to find ways to strengthen it, I think I can coat it with something. Or hell, just do it every time I take her out, y'know?"

Amara: Amara smiled and nodded, "I suppose you could, yes." It was nice to be able to talk to Ben again, it'd been hard having to avoid him all the time for reasons she couldn't remember. Now there was just Neena, "Sooo.... are you going to tell Neena I spoke to you?"

Benjamin: "I could." Ben said, suspiciously. "Only after a while though... I'll let her settle into this 'I'm-a-Mother' thing..."

Amara: Amara nodded, "Yeah... probably don't want to stress her out any more than's neccessary.... I just don't like feeling as though I should be sneaking around or feeling guilty just for talking to someone..."

Benjamin: "Oh, I'm not particularly pleased myself, it's just I'm more forgiving than-" He stopped as the baby started up again. "Really?" He bounced her and realized she was probably hungry. Or had to get the diaper changed. Neena's turn. "Okay, well I'm gonna go bring Toni back up to her mother, so I'll catch you later, okay?"

Amara: Amara nodded and smiled, "Nice to meet you, Toni." She gave a small wave, "It's nice to be talking again, Ben. Thank you."

Benjamin: Ben flashed a smile to Amara and then Antonia. "Thank her..." He said. "She's a nice restart button. Y'know? Here, have a clean slate. Make yourself better... for her." He shrugged and sang to his daughter as he walked up to the stairs. "Well someday we'll find it, the Rainbow Connection... the lovers, the dreamers, and me... do de do de dum..."

Amara: "Make myself better..." Amara said to herself, as she turned to pick up her water bottle again, "One step at a time Ben. Baby first, then me."
:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Benjamin: There was a loud bang, which woke the baby up and scared the shit out of Ben. "Gah!" He fell backwards as the "new" scooter exploded a puff of black smoke into his face.

Neena: "Benjamin Reilly!" Neena snatched Antonia up from where Ben had placed her in a carseat and held the wailing infant close. "How many times have I told you to keep Toni away from that damn thing! It's too loud!"

Benjamin: "It's a new scooter!" Ben roared. "You know Rachel blew up the last one, this is a different one!... and besides I didn't know it would be so loud!" He looked up his driveway to see his Aunt's head poking out of the kitchen window. "What the hell Benny!?"

Neena: "It doesn't matter," Neena held her hand over Antonia's ears as she went back into the house, trying in vain to keep out the noise. "There now, sweetie, mama won't let papa put you near that loud scary thing again!"

Benjamin: "It's just a scooter! She's going to be riding it some day!" Ben called, throwing the wrench down and wiping grease off his fingers.

Benjamin: "Can you ask my mom what's going with dinner?" He called.

Neena: Neena rolled her eyes before looking to Melanie. "I assume you heard
him too." She checked Toni's diaper before sitting down at the kitchen table. Dry, thankfully.

Benjamin: "Tell him chicken for us, salad for him. That rock star diet is no good." Melanie cackled as she stirred the chicken stir fry in the pan.

Neena: "I try to tell him but what does he listen to me for? He still insists on ramen and salt. And more salt for good measure." Neena stood again and walked to the window, looking down at Ben. "You're having salad. Mother's orders. And don't you dare come within a mile radius of our daughter with those hands."

Benjamin: Ben mimicked Neena with a Beaker voice as he washed his hands from the spigot outside. "I'm coming in now!" He called.

Benjamin: His aunt rushed down the stairs with the camera and fired the 15th picture that day in Neena and the babies face. "Another one! God you two are beautiful!"

Neena: "Lucy," Neena smiled, blinking away the flash. Thankfully, Antonia's eyes were closed, which avoided a potential deadly situation. "I appreciate the attention but really, I look awful. I still look four months pregnant, my face feels five times its size and my hair is a mess."

Benjamin: "And yet you're still a gorgeous mother!" Lucy chimed. "Here, I'll send this one to your family and friends!" She saved it and put the camera in the stair way. The new dog, Chappy the Labradoodle, was only a year old and was obnoxiously excited to see Neena.

Benjamin: Chappy barked loudly and leapt up to lick her arm. "Hey!" Ben roared, grabbing Chappy by the collar. "No!" Chap stuck his tongue out and anxiously panted in appreciation towards Ben. "Why did they mix such a smart dog with such a dumb one?" Ben asked outloud.

Benjamin: "Cause they are both notoriously loyal." Lucy said. "You just wait, someday that jerk Ken Jenkins' husky will jump that fence and eat my face off, and Chappy will be there to stop him!" She looked to the dog who had his head buried into his crotch, loud sloppy lapping sounds echoing in the hardwood floor hall.

Neena: "Of course," Neena raised an eyebrow. Her uncle used to raise border collies, but his dogs were always refined and well trained. She never saw any of them bury their faces in their crotch. Maybe the refinment came later...

Benjamin: Ben took his child and raised her up above his head. "Heyyyyyyy Macantoni!" he pretended to nom on the side of her ear. "You smell like cheese!" He said goofishly. "I lak cheese!" The baby burbled and her eyes connected with his and he kissed Antonia's forehead.

Benjamin: Melanie dropped the fork and covered her eyes. "I am so happy!" She blubbered, tears rolling down her face. "I'm a grandma! Ohhhhh sweetie!" She ran forward and hugged Neena tight.

Neena: "Heh, heh," Neena tried to breathe. Her sore chest felt even more sore as Melanie hugged her tight. "Well, you can take her whenever you want, really. Ben put the child down, she's not even a month old yet you can't be swinging her around like that. In fact, Melanie, you can take her from Ben right now, before he gives her brain damage."

Benjamin: "Oh, psh, Neena, you gotta learn to ease up hun." Lucy said. "You know Melanie dropped ben when he was in a hamperbasket down the stairs, right?"

Benjamin: Melanie stomped her foot. "Lucy!" Ben snickered. "Yet I came out alright. Wonder how that happened. Bet spider-sense had nothing to do with that." "You were wrapped up in so many pillow cases and towels!" Lucy cackled.

Benjamin: Melanie took her granddaughter regardless. "She's right y'know. Some what. You do need to be careful, I know what you were doing wasn't too bad, but just remember she's-" "Mom!" Ben said sternly. "I know, trust me." "By the way, Ben-" Lucy said, giving him a piece of paper with some numbers on it. "Ozzy called. He wants to see you tonight."

Neena: Neena raised her eyebrow and took the paper from Melanie, stuffing it in her bra. "Well he can very well do without then," she watched Melanie hold Antonia with a smile before turning to Ben. "This is family time, and I don't want that...person within a block of my child. Or you."

Benjamin: "He's out of rehab." Lucy said with a forced smile. "Oh good." Ben said, nodding absent mindedly. "Wait what?!"

Benjamin: "He was in rehab honey!" Melanie said, as if it was old news. She put the stir fry on a serving platter and shook some spices on it. "Baby food is in the fridge Nee!" "Since when!?" Ben asked loudly, restraining himself from full roar. "Well, he needed it hun. He started doing Cocaine and his drinking got out of hand. He asked us not to tell you... until he got out."

Neena: "Thanks Melanie, but I'm still just breastfeeding," Neena shifted Toni in her hold. "Isn't that just too touching? It's a good thing we have phones these days. You guys can catch up all you want...on the phone."

Benjamin: "Hell no. I have got to see him Neena. Not necessarily right away, but as someone who also went to Rehab... this is important." He raked his hands through his hair. "Wow.... so what made him go?" "Well, the gunshot probably helped." Lucy said. "Whoops."

Benjamin: "What?!"

Neena: "I don't care if he saw an apparition of the Virgin Mary and had an epiphany! You see him I'm going back to california and I'm taking the baby with me!" Neena stamped her foot. "He's not your blood, you have no obligation to that man."

Benjamin: "Neena." Melanie said softly. "Ozzy has a lot of problems, but he was a childhood friend and a good person to Benjamin growing up. When his father died, Ozzy is the reason Ben didn't go all the way over the edge. Ozzy saved your life that night remember? When you had alcohol poisoning?"

Benjamin: "Not now, Mom..." Ben said, waving his hand. "Hun, Oz... is a jerk bag sometimes. But he just got out of rehab. That's Rehabilitation, this means he could possibly be a new person. I need to know what happened, now someone explain the gunshot, please?"

Benjamin: "Oh, he bought a gun, and accidently fired it in his pants, the bullet went into an artery in his leg. His mother and I almost killed him." Lucy said. "Absolute moron. But he called it his 'near death experience'." Ben nodded. "I can see him saying that."

Neena: "Do what you want," Neena shrugged. "He's not coming near my child until I say so."

Benjamin: "Okay guys, time to change the subject!" Lucy said. "How about we talk about something else like... Neena,... how did the birth go? Mel and I felt so bad we couldn't be there!" Melanie kissed her forehead. "I'll bet it was pain beyond reason. When i gave birth to Ben, I thought I was going to split in half like an egg."

Neena: "It came on really gradually," Neena replied, gladly accepting the change. "I had contractions all morning, but I just thought it was a false alarm, you know from wedding stress. But after my water broke I had a lot of back labor."

Benjamin: "Did Ben pass out? I bet he passed out?" Lucy prodded his shoulder while Ben rolled his eyes and slid a piece of chicken under the table to Chappy.

neena: "Honestly? I was the one who passed out as soon as they gave her to me. I was absolutely exhausted," Neena answered Toni's growing protests of hunger by throwing a receiving blanket over herself and opening her shirt to feed the baby. "Ben did great. He was really helpful the whole labor."

Benjamin: "Ben was great? Useful even? Lucy, someone slap me, 'cuz I am not entirely sure whose son this is." The two each laughed as they took forkfuls into their mouths. "Look, Mom... Auntie Luce, I gotta ask you guys a serious question." Ben looked at them both as he chewed thoughtfully.

Benjamin: "Do you think we can buy this house from you, with some of the money I retained from record sales?" Lucy coughed and Melanie followed through with it.

Benjamin: "What?!" They both said at the same time. "I mean later, when we graduate. Is that possible? I know you both talked about getting a flat in New York, sooo..."

Neeners: "I can help you finance a good penthouse in the upper east side," Neena suggested. "In the building where I used to own my place."

Benjamin: Melanie looked to Lucy. "That does take a lot of time off...." Lucy looked around and at the dog. "Dog friendly, right?" Ben nodded. "Nothing but. And this isn't right away either, y'know, this isn't until we're both graduated. We just... don't really want to hang around XU forever."

Neeners: "Especially with so much to do with our lives," Neena raised an eyebrow. "And we'll need a place on this coast where Toni can come and have a mellow place to stay."

Benjamin: Lucy shrugged. "I'm for it if you are Mel." Melanie nodded. "Well then, we're in." She smiled at Ben and Neena. Under the table, Ben squeezed Neena's hand.

neena: Neena squeezed Ben's hand back and handed him Antonia. "My turn to eat now," she grinned before digging in.

Benjamin: Ben took the baby who, now fed, fell right asleep in his arms. "Honey, you're going to be a great father." His mother said. "Like your dad was." Melanie looked away and bit her lip.

Benjamin: Ben pat her leg and the baby squirmed in his arms, fending off a dream or possibly uncomfortable position. She finally settled and Ben looked to Neena. "So when do we go out to see your family? And when does your family meet mine? It's gotta be before the wedding?"

Benjamin: Lucy slammed the table. "Wedding!" She stood up. "We've been putting this off for a while huh? Listen kids, you need to get married, and I got something for you." She brought over a newspaper. "Ben you said you found some good prices on tuxes at this place? Here's the coupons!"

neena: "Wow," Neena picked up the coupon. "Um, thanks Lucy." She offered a smile. "Most of the wedding is planned out already. I had to put some things on hold when I had the baby, of course."

Benjamin: Ben looked to his fiancee and considered something. "Look, why don't we just start planning it... here? This week?"

neena: "Excuse me?" Neena looked back at him like he had just lost his mind. "Are you kidding me? Do you have any idea what that means? Switching contracts, cancelling appointments, not to mention the negotiations with vendors?"

Benjamin: "No! I mean, planning it, like continue planning it here!" Melanie bit her lip and smiled. "I didn't mean re-plan at ALL! I just.... think if we can finish the planning this week... we'll have some time."

neena: "Oh," she sighed and clutched her fork, releived. "I was about to have a heart attack, I swear! This wedding crap is worse than planning a grower's gala. We are NOT renewing vows. Ever."

Benjamin: Melanie chuckled. "Say that again in forty years." Lucy snorted and Ben agreed with a nod. Once dinner was finished and the baby was put down, Ben called Ozzy upstairs in his bedroom while the ladies entertained Neena.

neena: "I'm sorry about snapping earlier. I guess its the new mom thing. I still don't want Ozzy near Toni, though," Neena put a protective arm around her baby.

Benjamin: "Honey, no one wants Ozzy around anyone when he's in trouble, but he is a good boy." Lucy stirred her drink as she spoke. Cocoa was good, even in the summer. "All you need to know is they're friends, nearly brothers. As close as he is with Josh or Rachel? That's how close he was with Ozzy."

neena: Neena didn't really understand how anyone can be a good boy yet be the kind of person no one wanted when he was "in trouble", but she said nothing. "I also know he encouraged Ben's drinking, right? Well," she shrugged. "What do I know about it after all. I don't want to stick my nose where it doesn't, like, belong."

Benjamin: "After Ben left, Ozzy just drank. He had nothing to do. When he and Rachel visited Boston, Ozzy was so far gone..." Lucy looked to Melanie. "Ben had forgotten about him. Left him alone, with that nice girl Gwen."

neena: She could have figured out a couple things to do in a friends absence but again said nothing. "I'm sure if he's really better it will show soon enough," she said with a diplomatic smile.

Benjamin: "If nothing else, Ben will give Ozzy something to aspire to." Lucy said wisely. "A good father, a good friend, and a sober person.

neena: "Yeah, that's it," Neena nodded. "I'm sure he'll do that." She decided it was time to change the subject. "By the way, I wanted to extend an invitation to you two to visit my family in California. We could all meet on the estate for a few days, and I could show you around the grounds."

Benjamin: "That'd be lovely Neena!" Melanie said. "Absolutely!" Lucy agreed. "Neena, nothing would make us happier!"

neena: "Good," she nodded. "Then I look forward to the visit."
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Welcoming the only free quiet moments he had left, Ben went to his personal calendar and opened it up.

He flipped through and wrote in some dates for performances with his new band. Small town stuff. Then he smiled as he wrote in the words:
"Interview with MakeShift Records!!" He already had an interview with a potential new record label. It wouldn't be long now, he could already feel it.

His daughter sighed and snoozed lazily in her crib as he moved, quietly, around the room and arranged baby things and Neena things. He responded to his mothers e-mail about Ozzy's condition since he had been out of rehab. He apparently ended his relationship with Gwen, or so he said, and was looking for full time employment with the very rehab that helped him.

Ben, proud as a peacock, sent him an e-mail of congratulations. He also e-mailed his little sister on her successful scholarship win. He had no idea she was looking into poetry scholarships, he was quite frankly impressed.

He replied to Rachel about tux fitting dates for Josh, and even e-mailed himself to remember that there were tux fitting dates set for he and Josh.
He e-mailed his professors and warned them that the upcoming year his child might prove to be a disadvantage and asked for patience and a few excused absences/late assignments. He trusted the teachers here, as he always had. They didn't let things blow away, they don't let anyone miss out, and they never, ever, let someone get left behind.

Finally, Ben e-mailed Lazarus.

"Dear Lazarus,
I apologize for all thE thingS we have done or said to eachother. I apologize whole heartedlY. For every time you have mistaken what I was trying to get across, for every time you have misinterpreted my intentions, and I even apologize for all the time I didn't let it go when you were being the jerk, I say this with the most sincerity allowed in a single statement. I am sorry.
No amount of apologies can undo these actions however, so I have a better idea.
I would suggest we start fresh. Naturally our initial instincts will be to eat eachother's throats out, but I have an inkling of an idea that we can work through this, for Neena if no one else, and become good friends.

I hope you are doing well in California, and here, along with this letter, are a series of pictures of Antonia and your sister. Enjoy, distribute appropriately, and remember not to hand these pictures out willy nilly these days. As proud as we all are, not everyone understands us.

With much appreciation and growing admiration,
BenjAMiN Reilly"

He turned to his daughter and rested his chin on the chair as his e-mail completed its sending phase. He really did have a nice stretch of life ahead of him.