Summer 2011: Rachel

Check out what goes on between semesters here!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

rachel: Rachel slipped outside, carrying a few different boxes. She set them down on the pavement and checked her pocket for the matches.

Benny: Shaking the seasoning on the steak, Ben checked the oven and looked back to the timer. Okay.... Neena would be home just in time for him to present his special dinner that he cooked. Granted, it was a point-proving meal but as long as she got the point that he could cook on his own, even while she was all laid up with the baby...

rachel: Opening the box, she pulled one of the tiny sticks out and experimentally struck it against the side of the container, watching it as the tip went up in flames. Rachel shook the match out once the flame was just above her fingers. She was going to end up burning herself or blowing her hand off someday. At least then she'd probably never play with fire while bored again.

Benny: He moved on to the salsa, a vegetarian natural salsa made from scratch, which thankfully Neena had plenty of recipes for. He had bought tortilla chips earlier that day and figured this would be a good starter for Tex-Mex Steak.

rachel: Rachel eyed her collection of fireworks that she'd aquired the previous year, and they surprisingly hadn't been used. She had decided this needed to be fixed...

Benny: Ben took the bottle of sparkling cider and brought it up to the bed room, placing it in the small silve rpail of ice. Then he went back downstairs and checked the oven. Hot enough, good. He put the steak in and looked into the freezer for the frozen corn.

rachel: Rachel pulled out four that were a little smaller than tennis balls and set them down for a moment to pull a match out. She laid them out and lit the first one, grinning as she lit the other ones.

rachel: She ran back a bit and watched as the fuse got shorter. The first one went off, and she cringed a bit as it hit the other three.

Benny: Ben was about to put the corn in the metal pan when he heard a loud... well a boom. A very loud boom. Poking his head out to the window, he abandoned the food and walked to the back door, near the garage. "Uhhh.... Remy?"

rachel: Her jaw dropped at the explosion and the black smoke rising. Okay, that wasn't supposed to happen...

Benny: Ben came around the corner and saw Rachel, her hair in her face and a plume of smoke from the other side of the garage where he kept his scooter. "Rae, what's going on?" He asked her.

rachel: Rachel glanced over at Ben and just blinked as she struggled to come up with an excuse. "...Nothing?"

Benny: "Did you just-" He looked at the smoke. "Did you seriously just blow something up?" He walked over to the source of the smoke and dropped his jaw at the sight. "My.... my scooter!" There lay Connie his scooter, crumpled and twisted, mangled and burned, exploded into parts due to Rachel's fireworks.

Benny: "What the hell!?"

rachel: "Well... I, uh, didn't mean to, but I guess I did..." she gave a shrug, still staring at the remains.

Benjamin: Ben stared at the wreckage. "Rachel! What the fuck!?"

rachel: Rachel tore her gaze from the pile of burning rubble to glance at him, "What? I didn't think anything would blow up. ...Well, besides the stuff that's supposed to..."

Benjamin: "You were playing with fire works Rachel! SHIT BLOWS UP!" He took the fire extinguisher and put the flames out. He didn't rush though, he could tell it was too late. "Connie...." He said softly.

rachel: "I said besides the stuff that's supposed to, meaning the fireworks. I didn't think anything else would be exploding." She ran a hand through her hair, chewing on her lip, "I can replace it, if you want..."

Benjamin: Ben sighed. "You can get me a new helmet." He said. "I need to get a car anyways..." He glared to her. "Which you are not to blow up!"

rachel: "Why do you need a new helmet, if you're getting a car?" she rolled her eyes at the glare.

Benjamin: "'Cuz I'm going to get a new scooter too!" Ben said. "I'm getting paid for an album y'know, I have cash. And besides, with the baby coming, Neena's been on my ass to get a car. And apparently Felicia wants someone to teach her how to drive." He cackled. "I thought of making you the teacher but I decided Dark Rachel is not safe in a car."

rachel: "Then, I'll buy a new scooter and helmet for you. Not like I don't have any money from tattooing," Rachel shrugged, "I wouldn't be the best teacher anyway. I don't drive that often since I don't really have to, living in New York and all..."

Benjamin: "You can get me the helmet." Ben said. "To be honest, i was going to force myself to trade in a couple of amps for a new one anyways... you can contribute but I would never ask for full compensation for Connie... she's not something you just replace..." Ben frowned at the burnt scooter.

Benjamin: "You know I drove her off a cliff and lived right?" He said. "This one time I was trying to be cool with Ozzy and... well yeah. I was half-drunk."

rachel: "Okay, I guess that'll work," she shook her head, "I'm not sure I want to know how you managed to get out of dying from that."

Benjamin: "Spider-sense and webbing." Ben said poignantly. "So yeah, I was wondering, Neena's baby is coming soon, is there any chance you can help me when she delivers? I need someone to keep Felicia out of the room. She's talking about being there to videotape it, I don't get it but it's not happening."

rachel: "Um, as long as I don't have to see anything being born, I will..."

Benjamin: "Well, there's a minimal chance of that." Ben said. "If she gets past you and into the delivery room, or some other unforseen instance that is unlikely to happen." He grinned and threw the extinguisher aside. "Think we should tell anyone, or wait for their reactions?" He asked, nodding to the smoking pile of blowed-up scooter.

rachel: "Guess I'll just have to make sure she doesn't get past me, then." Rachel considered the trashed scooter, vaguely recalling the whole bomb incident, "With some of the trouble we've had before, it seems like a good idea to tell..."

Benjamin: Ben looked around suspiciously. "I'm surprised no one else came running out here... school must be driving everyone to bed early and into dense-sleep-mode. That, or... it's common practice with you." He shrugged and walked back to the house. "I'm cooking steak for Neena, you can have some if you'd like."

rachel: "Well, leftover fireworks and boredom don't really go together and to keep from blowing anything else up, as awesome as it'd be, I think I'll take the food," she grinned.

Benjamin: "Good, you can start by not touching anything in the kitchen. The scooter was enough for tonight." He opened the door and let her in. "And by the way, you can tell Forge or whoever why my scooter is crumpled up and burnt."
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

rachel: Rachel leaned back in her seat and glanced at the clock with a yawn. She groaned at the time. Still another hour or so, and she didn't have anyone scheduled. It meant she got to do absolutely nothing, which most likely wasn't going to be exciting. Great. More doodling, if her brain could produce anything creative after doodling for the last few hours.

rachel: Sighing, she glanced down at the paper in front of her and leaned over, sketching over a few lines. Maybe she could get away with sleeping.

Felicia: The door slammed open, the jingling bell ringing loudly as Felicia stumbled. "Rachel! OmigodI'msooooooo glad you're here!" She snorted and duck-walked over to the table, various customers and fellow employees staring suspiciously at the young girl. "I need... my boyfriends name... CODY! C-O-D....I think he uses an I?.. HERE!" She slapped her chest. "Right on my left tit... or my ass maybe? Somewhere he loves..."

rachel: She jumped slightly at her name and the voice that had spoken it, internally cringing at the attention she was gaining. Glancing up at Ben's sister, she stared blankly at her for a few moments and shook her head as she moved from her chair. So much for being bored. It'd be better than dealing with Felicia.

rachel: "Okay. How about we discuss this outside?" Rachel started leading her to the door. If she was lucky, she wouldn't be questioned about this later.

Felicia: "H-okay... but... you gotta refill my vodka thingy..." She shook her empty flask. "I think... I think I drank it all though that girl who I was with Marsi.. waitasec, where the hell is she?" She turned around in the shop as if someone had followed her in, then turned back to Rachel. Stunned to see the red head before her she smiled and hugged her. "I'm so glad you're here!"

rachel: "Right..." she took the flask and finished pulling her out of the shop, glad she had once the younger girl decided to cling to her.

Felicia: "Y'know... your hair is pretty..." She said. "I wish I had red hair... everyone thinks I'm dumb 'cuz I'm a blond-whoop!" She stumbled and fell against the wall. Snorting and snickering she slid against it until her bum hit the pavement. "Ooooooh man! Tonight has been FUN! Seriously though Rachel... I need a tattooooo... something cool. Like a platypus!"

Felicia: "Or maybe a chameleon! Just make it an outline all 3-d like, y'know? Like it's actually there but... IT'S NOT!"

rachel: "Uh, thanks, but I can't give you a tattoo..." Rachel shook her head again, trying to think of a way to deal with this. Why did his sister always have to come to her?

Felicia: "Whaaaat? Why?!" She looked up at Rachel, tears beginning to flow. "I... I was so sure you would do this for me! Rachel I neeeed one! Ben's so cool with his tattoos, and I want to be coooool!" She looked at the street and smiled. "I think I'm gonna hurl."

rachel: "I can't because you're underage and drunk. I don't think you need one either. It's not like you'll die without one," she said, ignoring the tears and making a face, "If you're going to puke, go over there. Just don't puke all over the sidewalk in front of the shop... or on me."

Felicia: "Oooh.... Rachel I'm sorry... this is totally embarrassssssssing!" She tried to stand up and instead crawled over to the No Parking sign, using that to pull herself up instead.

Felicia: "You know what's crrrazy? I totally like.... I don't regret it at all!!" She smiled and tried to focus on Rachel and Rachel and Rachel.

rachel: "Don't regret it... yet," Rachel muttered under her breath. "It's okay. So, take it this is like the usual... you want something, come to me, and I'm not supposed to tell Ben?"

Felicia: "NoooooooO!" She said as she danced around the metal pole. "You shouldn't tell him, but I don't care if he knows I lost my V-card, whatddoicare? He's not even my brother! He's like... half of one..." She finished her lazy spin and groggily looked to Rae.

Felicia: "Look... he's a jerk anyways, he promised me he'd take me to the zooersumthin', and he's been blowing me off for his pregnant chick. Like... he won't even marry her, he keeps telling his mom he's scared, he's such a BABY!"

Felicia: "He's a lazy jerk! And I don't think he's that great a brother now anyways, I mean... I called him tonight to pick me up, and he didn't even answer. Like, wheredafuck is he, huh!? Hesnt on tour anymore, he's been outted as a mutie or whatever."

rachel: She blinked, "You what? ...Actually, I'm not sure I want to know." Rachel ran a hand through her hair, taking in everything she said about Ben, "It's kinda late, which could be why he didn't answer, most people are asleep at this time."

rachel: "Even though he can be a jerk, he's still your brother, and I'm sure he'd try to work something out if you told him all this. They're getting married after the baby, and I don't blame him for being scared. When you're engaged, you can complain about that. It's kinda a scary thing."

Felicia: Felicia clicked her tongue against the roof of her mouth which made her sort of sick, so she bent over the car and hurled over the other side of it. "There see, not on the sidewalk. It's on the street." She smiled and laid on the hood of the car. "Look, Rayshul.....I.... I think he's a great guy, but he's totally drinking again or something.... something's wrong with him and he keeps something secret in his coat. I-I don't know what it is, but he won't let us see it." She sneered at the memory of him shooing her away.

rachel: "Yeah, that's good... I guess..." Rachel supposed someone's car was better than the sidewalk in front of the door. "I'm sure he's fine. Probably just stressed about losing his job, the whole baby thing, and the wedding."

Felicia: She sat up fast, realizing this was a mistake, tossed her cookies quickly over teh side of the car... okay mostly onto the car, and walked over to Rachel. "Look..." She said, popping half a roll of Mentos into her mouth. "Mmm... they are the freshmaker... okay, Look!" She pointed to Rachel. "I know Ben..."

Felicia: "Not... notaswell as I'd like but gooder enough. An' I think he's drinkin' again. You should use your jedi-mind shit and find out if he is or not! So we can put him in rehab or have an intervention ersomething!"

rachel: "I know him better than you, and he wouldn't start drinking again. He knows he'd get his ass kicked a few times, and he'd lose Neena," she shook her head, "I'm not going to use my telepathy on him."

Felicia: "Fine... but when he like drives a pole into his car and hurts the baby or himself... or worse just remember that I tried to w-OHMIGOD A COP!" She hopped behind Rachel and cowered as a patrol officer began to walk down the sidewalk towards the two girls.

rachel: Rachel rolled her eyes, "Yeah, you freaking out doesn't make us look suspicious at all..."

Felicia: The officer was looking into all the windows of the parked cars, carefully peering into the back seats as if in search of something. As he approached the two girls he smiled, sort of, and flashed his light at them. "Excuse me ladies, have you seen an orange mutant in a four door sedan? Colored green? He appears to have stolen it." He looked suspiciously at Felicia. "She okay?"

Felicia: "Oh, so, a mutant is colored funny and suddenly you appears to have stolen cars?" She asked, trying very hard to be sober.

rachel: She shot Felicia a look and put on a smile for the officer, "Haven't seen a thing, and she's just peachy."

Felicia: "I'm peachy!" Felicia said pointedly. "Not a peach..." Is that a drunk-thing to say?? The officer was about to speak when his radio cracled. "*Kkkkktt* Joe, we think we got the kid in a basement, over." Officer Joe sighed and took the walkie talkie. "Location, over."

Felicia: "*Kkkkttt* Appears this punk thinks it's funny to touch people and turn off their motor functions or something. We got six vegetables in a house on Park View, number *murmur murmur*" Felicia couldn't make out the rest. "He seems kinda scared Joe, over." Joe looked to the girls and frowned. "Coming. Over and out."

Felicia: He put the walkie-talkie back to its harness on his shoulder and stared at the girls for a moment. "Take her home." He said pointing to Felicia, but looking to Rachel. Walking back up the sidewalk and into the dark, Felicia sighed relief. "That was close!"

rachel: Rachel just nodded at the officer's command and rolled her eyes again once he'd turned his back. Right. Like she was being roped into taking her home again. "Yeah, that was kinda a drunk thing to say, and it wasn't that close."

Felicia: "Rachel that poor kid! He's going to get shot by cops for being a scared mutant! You should tell X to tell Ben to go save him! He can do it, I bet he can!" She tugged at Rachel's arm. "Do your brain-mail thing!" Her phone rang and she promptly dropped Rachel's arm and answered it. "Lora!? Omigod I drunk dialed you and you didn't pick up wainot!? OMIGOD you're not!" She covered the phone and in between laughs said, "She's drunk too!"

rachel: "And, this is the part where I stop caring since what your friends are doing doesn't matter to me," she pulled her arm away and crossed them, "Once you're done with the phone, we're going to go back inside, sit quietly, and be bored until I get off. Then, I'm going to find some way to send you home. Hopefully, you'll be somewhat sober by then." Not that drunken was much different from sober with Felicia.

Benjamin: Ben pulled up in the taxi and paid the driver. "We'll take the shuttle from here..." He said with a wave. He turned with a grimace to Felicia and Rachel. "Any reason why you hang up on me when I call you? And why doesn't your father have any clue where you are?" He walked over to her and gave a half smile to Rachel.

Benjamin: "Thanks... I can tell already she's shitfaced. Please tell me she wasn't too much trouble?"

Benjamin: Felicia looked to Rachel with pleading eyes. "Don't tell him anything pleeease!" She bawled.

rachel: "You said you didn't care if I did earlier," Rachel shot her a grin and glanced up at Ben, "She only came in drunk and demanded a tattoo... of her boyfriend's name..."

Benjamin: Ben looked to Felicia and decided it wasn't best to ask. "Cody still?" Ben asked. "I guess he didn't get the first punch I gave him." Felicia started but Ben snatched her arm. "Let's go missy." He said, guiding her down the sidewalk. "See you when you get out!" Ben called. "Thank you!"

rachel: "Well, you have to keep in mind he isn't the brightest," she mumbled loud enough for Ben to hear. "No problem, talk to you later."
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Neena: "My contract said wine red for the ribbons. This is clearly magenta," Neena fingered the florist's ribbon between her thumb and index finger. "I want to see what will be in my arrangements, like I signed in the contract." The florist nodded and simpered off to fetch the ribbon she wanted. Neena turned to Rachel. "Seriously. You pay them and they still mess stuff up."

rachel: Rachel blinked and looked away from the spot she'd decided to stare at in boredom to Neena, "I'll keep that in mind."

Neena: The florist returned with two rolls of ribbon in hand. "Ah. Perfect," Neena said approvingly. "Make sure this is the one. Now the arrangements will look just like this, yes?" She pointed to the elaborate pieces, bloodred roses with lemongrass woven along the stems and fern backdrops. "Aren't they dramatic, Rae?"

rachel: "Hm?" Oh, right. She was supposed to be acting like she was paying attention to all the flowers and that she liked them. Rachel nodded, "Oh, yeah... sure..."

Neena: "I wasn't sure if I shoud go with roses or something else, but I figure, hey, they're classic, why not, right? Especially since the bouquets are white. I think it will give a good contrast." she winced a bit at a cramp in her belly, but ignored it. It was just another false alarm, though this false alarm had been going on for the past half hour.

rachel: "Uh huh..." she just kept nodding. Flowers were another thing to not look forward to when it came to planning for her wedding. She decided she should probably say more than what she had so far, or Neena might catch on... "I'm sure everything will look fine."

Neena: "Yeah, you know I just don't know how the hydrangeas will hold up in the heat. But Ben insists we do this now," she held her side. Another one? "Hey Rachel, remember when I gave you that timer? Yeah?"

rachel: Oh. Something that wasn't about flowers. Rachel managed to wiggle the item out of her pocket and held it up, "This thing?"

Neena: "Start it," Neena waved her hand and walked over to the arrangement destined for her wedding. She turned to the florist. "It looks fine. Can I see the bouquets now? I want to check the sizes." As they waited for him to return, Neena turned to Rachel. Another wave had come. "How much time has gone by on the clock?"

rachel: She flipped the timer around in her hand, fiddling with it for a few seconds before it finally decided to start. At least this gave her something to focus on while Neena messed around with all the flowers. "Uh..." Rachel glanced down at the device, "Eight-ish minutes."

Neena: "Keep timing," she said as the florist returned with his assistant, carrying a large box. Inside were six bouquets, all of blue hydrangeas. Neena felt her eye twitch.

Neena: "Blue? Blue?! I specifically asked for white! The contract said WHITE hydrangeas!" she pointed at the box. "These are all wrong! Where are my white bouquets?? And why is the bride's bouquet the same size as the bridesmaids'?" The florist stammered out that he was new to the shop and might have read the order wrong. Neena shook her head, her blood boiling. "This is unacceptable! Unacceptable! You've ruined my flowers!" she was shaking, and she thought she felt a sharper pang in her belly.

rachel: Rachel looked over the flowers and gave the florist a sympathetic look, coughing, "Bridezilla."
Neena: "At least you can fix this, yes?" Neena looked at the florist, who stammered out that the last of the white hydrangeas had been used for another wedding. ""Excuse me? What?! I paid a hundred extra for WHITE flowers and you don't even HAVE them?" Neena couldn't believe it. "You will refund my money AND you will get me the flowers I was promised!" She punctuated the statement with a step towards the florist. As her Jimmy Choo clicked down she felt a rush between her legs that was distinctly different from the energy pulsing through her body, set off by stress.

rachel: Rachel looked between the florist and Neena, slightly wishing she had popcorn. That was the only thing that could make this better. She quickly glanced at the timer, so she wouldn't miss anything and blinked as Neena paused. And, here she thought that Neena was going for the kill...

Neena: "Rachel," Neena clutched the sides of her skirt. "She's coming. Omigod she's coming!"

rachel: Her eyebrow raised as a puzzled look crossed her face, "What are you -- Oh... that..."

rachel: Rachel ran a hand through her hair now that she understood what Neena was talking about, "Sooo... what exactly am I supposed to do?"

Neena: "You," Neena pointed to the florist, breathing heavy. "Get me paper towels NOW. You," she jerked her head to the assistant. "Get outside and call a cab. Rachel get a hold of Ben please and tell him to be ready, we're on our way to the mansion."

Neena: She was trying her best to look dignified and in charge with amniotic fluid running down her leg and her back almost doubled over in pain.

rachel: She stuffed the timer back in her pocket and switched it out for her phone, flipping it open and clicking to create a new text message. Taking a moment, she considered what to put, eventually deciding on 'Neena's water broke. Help me.' Rachel stuffed the phone back in her pocket after hitting send, "Ben should know, assuming he has his phone on him."

Neena: "Good," she croaked, accepting the paper towel from the florist and trying with some difficulty to wipe her legs. The florist offered his arm and she accepted gratefully. "Then let's go."
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Poor Rae, forced to be involved in this whole ordeal.

She's getting something awesome later..
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

ANTONIA IS BORN!

Benjamin: Ben rushed out to the cab, waving frantically. "Neeeenaaaa!" He opened the door to the cab before it had even rolled to a stop. "Rachel! Oh, thank God!" He smiled to Neena, as best as he could. His brow was covered with as much sweat as hers at this point. "Hey babe, you okay? Breathing, right? I got Anna calling Felicia and your family. My mom and Aunt are out of town, but they're getting called too!"

Neena: "Slow down," she panted, holding onto his hand tightly. "I need to get to the lab quick, they're coming in closer now. The contractions," she clarified for Ben, who looked confused.

rachel: "So, which one of you is going to pay him?" Rachel looked between the two and nodded in the general direction of the cab driver. She supposed she could, but she'd rather not so asking them was worth a shot.

Benjamin: Ben waved to Anna. "Anna, can you pay for the cab?" Ben carefully picked up his wife-to-be. "I'd let you walk, but let's face it, you're giving birth."

Anna: Anna nodded at Ben, "Probably... no that wasn't to you..." she found some money and gave it to the driver, "You can pay me back later... no, not you, oh for goodness sake, no I don't want change, shoo!" she glared at the driver, "Sorry about that, cab driver... yeah yeah, she looks fine, don't you start!" Anna told Felicia down the phone, "Stop yelling at me! I'll hang up!"

rachel: Rachel followed Ben and Neena, feeling slightly bad for Anna since she could hear Felicia on the other end of the phone. At least she sounded sober...

Neena: "Who is that, Anna?" Neena asked over Ben's shoulder. "Give me the phone," she reached over and snatched it out of Anna's hand, hearing Felicia. "If you plan on yelling this shrilly when you get here don't bother coming. I won't have anyone other than me shouting at my delivery," she didn't wait for Felicia's reply and gave Anna the phone.

Anna: Anna blinked at Neena, then spoke to the silence on the other end of the phone, "See, what did I tell you?"

Benjamin: Ben snorted as he brought her into the med-lab. "Okay, here we are..." He put her on the table and smiled. "Anna, can you keep her calm for me? Rae, can you keep everyone out here? I know you're not up for this so..."

rachel: "Yeah, sure," she moved to stand by the door. She was pretty sure she'd do just about anything to not see this. The video she had to watch in high school was bad enough.

Neena: "Why are you smiling?" Neena gasped as pain rolled through her lower back. It felt like the baby was trying to come out that way instead of between her legs. "Stop smiling! This isn't funny." Her face screwed up in pain and she allowed herself a groan as the contraction passed. "Anna, make him stop smiling."
Anna: "Ben stop smiling or I'll get Wade to hit you again." Anna grinned at Ben and shuffled to stand next to Neena, "If you start to feel panicky tell me and I'll heal it away." She told her.

Neena: "Now would be a good time!" she hissed, afraid of the next contraction. She knew that since her water broke so quickly her labor would be short. The pain scared her.

Benjamin: After a few moments of waiting for Neena to be subdued Ben kissed her on the cheek as Doc McCoy began his handywork. Ben waited for the text and he finally got it. "They're here... how much longer doc?" McCoy indicated a while, and Ben kissed her again. "I'll be back..."

Benjamin: He left the Med-lab and went into the hall to meet Lazarus, Felicia, and Neena's parents.

Anna: Anna smiled at Neena, holding her hand and hoping that she wouldn't squeeze too hard. She wondered if she could heal pain too.

Neena: "Where is he going? Is he leaving?" Neena looked up at Anna. "And where is my mother? I need her here."

rachel: Rachel moved out of the way as Ben shoved by her, willing herself not to turn around as she answered Neena, "He's not leaving. There's just people here that he's going to get."

Benjamin: Felicia hugged her brother and smiled. "You're so awesome! You're gonna be a Dad!" She held up her video camera and tilted her fedora down. "And I'm gonna capture it all on camera!" Ben noticed Lazarus glaring at him. "Nice to see you too... and no neither of you are allowed in, sorry."

Anna: Anna continued to smile calmly at Neena, "I'm sure Ben's just gone to greet the arriving relatives. He'll be right back - maybe even with your mum."

Neena: "And Lazarus. He promised me he'd be here," Neena craned her neck to try and see.

Lazarus: "How is she?" Lazarus tried not to look pained but he knew he did. Neena had said she wouldn't take the drugs, and he was afraid for the doctor's life if he tried to handle his sister in labor.

Benjamin: "She's fine. We're fine. I'm going to go back in now." Ben told them. "Mrs. Thurman you can come in when the baby comes, I'll have Rachel here come get you." He pointed to the others. "You. Lazarus... and Felicia. This is where I have my family, in there." He looked to Lazarus. "This is it, this is where you show you trust me. That's my daughter being born in there, so you don't get any ideas of commandeering."

Benjamin: Felicia winced. "I'm... I-..." She sighed and forced a smile. "I get it, don't worry. You want it to be you two, I get that."

Neena: "I trust you to honor my sister's wishes," Lazarus folded his arms. "And I can hear her screaming in there. Now if you don't get a hold of her or let our mother pass she''ll probably end up killing the doctor."

Neena: "Mother!" Neena wailed. The contractions were coming in waves, and her body was reacting under the stress, amplifying every sensation. "Ben!"

rachel: Rachel blinked at Ben saying her name, "I'm going to do what?"

Benjamin: Ben turned back and looked again to Lazarus. "You'll be an uncle next time you see me." He said to him. Running back in, nearly kicking the door open, he looked to Neena. "Neena, you okay?" He put his hand in hers.

Benjamin: Felicia pulled at Rachel's sleeve. When she turned, Felicia put the video camera on her. "How's it feel to know you're about to be an Aunt... sorta?"

Neena: "Do I look alright to you?" she glared at him. "I feel like I'm going to pass a whale! Where is my mother?

Benjamin: Ben looked to Anna for re-assurance. He could feel himself going to tunnel-vision again. What was she saying? Mother? Her mother is outside, and will stay there until... wait... whale?! "She... uh..." He felt a qualm of cold overwhelm him and he slumped to the ground, his hand still in Neena's.

Benjamin: Felicia turned the camera back on herself. "So as I've already said, today is the day you were born. This will be your uncle, this is Lazarus, this is your grandpa and grandma, this is your crabby Aunt-Rachel, and I'm Auntie Felicia!"

Anna: "Ben, calm down you're not helping. Neena, I'm going to keep the blocks off my power so it'll just keep healing you, okay?" She gave Neena's hand a reassurring squeeze, "Hopefully it'll counteract the weird stuff your mutation does... Ben, maybe you should let Neena's mum in here?"

rachel: Rachel pushed the camera out of her face, rolling her eyes as Felicia focused it back on herself, "Keep that out of my face, or you won't have it anymore."

Benjamin: Felicia smiled at the camera. "See! She's a total grouch! But don't worry, by now she has to have eased up,... right?"

Benjamin: Inside, Ben felt his dizziness fade, and his momentary black out reversed itself. Helping himself up he pulled a chair up and rubbed Neena's hand. "You're doing okay..." he said, more to himself than to her. "I promise..."

Anna: Anna reached over Neena and put a hand on Ben's, sparing him a quick heal to be on the safe side. No panic attacks in from of the woman giving birth. She was going to be exhausted by the end of it but it'd be worth it.

rachel: She cut off another comment to Felicia at the thought, "Uh... Mrs. Neena's mom... they want you or whatever in there..."

Neena: "Mom," Neena reached for her mother's hand as Beatrice breezed in. "You were right. I should have taken the damn shot!" she took her mother's hand but squeezed Ben's as her body lurched through another contraction. "Why can't she just come now?"
Neena: "Be patient sweetie," Beatrice chuckled. "The first one is always the longest. I was in labor with your brother for 12 hours before he decided to pop out."

Anna: "Twelve hours, huh? Maybe I should find a chair..." She smiled at Neena, "I'll stay as long as you want... or I can go now?"

rachel: Rachel leaned back against the wall by the door, looking between Ben and Neena's family. Debating sabotaging Felicia's video camera, she eventually decided not to.

Neena: Neena didn't really care at this point, so she waved Anna away, managing a thank you.

Benjamin: "Don't worry babe... however long, I'm here."

Benjamin: Four, grueling, shrieking, and sweaty hours later, McCoy showed his plump head and smiled. "Here she comes! Just a few more pushes!"

Neena: Neena groaned. He said a few more pushes several pushes earlier. She grabbed Ben's collar and pulled him close. "We. Are. NEVER having sex again. EVER."

Neena: Beatrice laughed gaily. "Oh, dear. I remember saying that to Clem when Lazzy was born."

Benjamin: Ben gasped. "Whatever you say!" He tried to smile, but it was no use. Outside Felicia kept her camera on the door. The battery was already winding low, so she had plugged it into the socket. "This is taking forever! I've had two pee breaks and you're still not here!" She put the camera on herself. "How rude! Your poor mother!"

rachel: "I'm impressed you've managed to sit still and stare at the door the whole time besides those two pee breaks."

Anna: Anna bounced excitedly in her seat, "Gaaaah!! I don't like waiting!!" She got up and began pacing, "Do you think she's nearly out yet?"

Neena: Somewhere out beyond her hot, tired mind, she heard McCoy telling her the baby had crowned. Neena mustered up whatever strength she had left to push once more before she heard the most beautiful words from her mother. "Stop pushing, sweetie, she's here!"

Benjamin: Ben was standing over Neena's legs held up in the stirrups, his hand still in hers. He looked to Neena and smiled as Doctor McCoy took the newborn child from Neena's womb. Once a cry came out, Ben felt himself get choked up as he squeezed Neena's hand. "Our daughter...Antonia." He smiled at the small newborn.

Benjamin: "She's beautiful..." Ben whispered. McCoy smiled as he cleaned Antonia off, for the most part, and wrapped her in a small, warm blanket. Giving the child to Ben, who had been trained already by Remy how to hold her, the two smiled at eachother. "Thank you." He said to Hank. He looked at his daughter and felt a tear roll down his cheek.

Neena: "Give her here," Neena reached out a tired hand. "Give her to me! Let me see her."

Benjamin: Ben smiled. "'Course." he said, putting their daughter into Neena's arms.

Neena: "Finally," Neena placed the baby on her chest, staring down at the little face. Normal skin, lovely and pink like a baby's skin should be. "You sure were a lot of work, Toni," Neena closed her eyes, wanting nothing more than to sleep now that the baby was there and safe.

rachel: "Apparently, the baby's here and everyone's allowed in now..." Rachel announced, slightly glad that seeing the baby wouldn't take long so she could go do something other than waste away in the medlab.

Anna: "Baby!" Anna dived for the door, "Congratulations!!" she yelled.

Benjamin: Ben smiled at them and with his back turned to Neena mouthed the words, 'easy...'. Wiping his forehead clean of sweat he went over to Rachel and hugged her, then he hugged Felicia, and even shared a brief hand-shake/hug with Neena's father and Lazarus. Ben went to the other side of the bed with Hank as Hank did his diagnostics of the child, visually.

Neena: Neena sighed as she watched Hank, her eyelids heavy. She really, really wanted a nap about now. The room suddenly seemed crowded and blurry. She vaguely felt Lazarus' hand on her forehead and her mother's cool kiss on her cheek before slipping into blessed sleep.

Benjamin: Doctor McCoy expressed some concern at the pigmentation of Antonia's eyes, inbetween her tight squinting from the light. "Here..." Ben kissed Neena and took the child, letting Hank have a look. "This is astounding! Violet, her entire eye is colored violet!"

Benjamin: Ben nearly shat himself. "Is... that bad?" "Not at all, it's a mutation! I'm not sure what it means, but we won't know if this has effected her vision or not for a while... but she's healthy otherwise... Good weight, 7.92 pounds, very average length."

Benjamin: With a wink from the good doctor, and a kiss on Neena's head, Antonia was put back in her arms, and Ben smiled at his family. "Thank you, everyone."
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

Post by Svartfreja »

Anna: Anna was sat beside Teagan's bed in the medlab, waiting for her to regain consciousness. The doc had assurred her she'd be okay so now it really was just a matter of time. Anna rested her elbows on the bed and put her chin in her hands.

Teagan: She had been still for almost a day, but she suddenly stirred. Sitting up, sort of, she looked to Anna. "Où suis-je!?"

Anna: Anna jerked upright and blinked at Teagan, "Er beg your pardon?" then she grinned, "Yay you're awake!!" She lurched forwards and hugged her.

Teagan: Teagan looked around, panicked. She wasn't sure what she had just said. Did she just speak Spanish or something? "Pourquoi est-ce que je ne peux parler anglaise!?"

Teagan: She eeped and covered her mouth. "Non! Est-ce que je Néerlandais suis parlant? Pourquoi est-ce que je Néerlandais suis parlant? Est c'un rêve?! Où sont les giraffes?"

Anna: Anna let Teagan go and stared at her, "Giraffes? What?" She blinked at the other girl, "Er... Why are you speaking french?"

Teagan: "Française??? Oh non! Pourquoi est-ce que je Française suis parlant? Anna vous devez fixer ceci! Je ne veux pas à ressemble à de Monet!"

Teagan: Teagan began to sob a bit and curled up in a ball, covering her face. Even her crying sounded French.

Anna: Anna chewed her lip and patted Teagan gentley, "Erm... I don't know what you just said..." I wish I spoke French... "But um... I'll try to fix it.... some how... in the mean time... let's find you someone you can talk to?" Right who spoke french? "Maybe... er... Monet?" she winced as she said it, "Or... er... Remy?"

Teagan: "Aucun Monet! Et Remy me raillera seulement! Renversez-juste le!" Teagan pleaded. Why had this happened!? Had the blow to her brain scrambled her ability to speak of all things?

Anna: "Er.... what?" Anna frowned, "You know I don't understand you right?" She stood up, "Let me go find someone...." Why oh why had the Doc chosen now to go for lunch?!

rachel: Rachel stared blankly at her finger for a moment before putting the kitchen knife in the sink and started making her way down to the medlab. Yeah, so that hadn't worked, which not only ruled out things involving the stove but things involving cutting as well. At least she hadn't taken her finger off, and it didn't look that deep. She just needed a bandaid or something.

Teagan: Teagan crossed her arms and sat in despair and confusion, angry that whatever had happened to her, it had made her a Frog. Stupid Monet. If she needed a translator, she'd just find a way to kill herself over using Monet.

Anna: Anna took the sullen silence as a yes and headed out, "Back in a bit," At least Teagan seemed able to understand her....

rachel: She jumped back a bit as the door opened and Anna appeared, "Hey, Anna..." Maybe she wouldn't need a bandaid after all.

Teagan: Teagans eyes widened at the sight of her friend. Racing from the bed, she embraced Rachel tightly. "Rachel ! Oh remerciez Dieu ! Rachel ! Pouvez vous parler française?!"

Anna: Anna yelped as she was shoved aside by a low-flying Teagan, "Hi Rachel... maybe you can help... Teagan's speaking french... can you speak french?"

rachel: Rachel blinked as she was practically glomped and looked between the two, "Uh... how do you say maybe? And, it might help if I'm not bleeding." She held up her finger.

Teagan: Teagan wailed and flew back to the bed. "Anna, juste essai et guérissent mon cerveau! Vous l'avez fait pour patauger pourquoi pouvez vous ne pas le faire pour moi?"

Anna: Anna gave Teagan a helpless shrug, "Tea I really don't know what you're saying..." She looked at Rachel, "I can probably fix your finger..." She poked the injury and it healed over, "Now can you help Teagan? She understands me I think... so maybe her thoughts are still in English?"

rachel: "Thanks," she grinned as her finger healed and glanced over at Moon, chewing on her lip, "Maybe. I can try, but it's always been hard to get anything from your mind."

Teagan: Teagan blubbered a response and nodded anxiously. She tried to clear her mind of anything and simply thought "Don't hear French. Don't hear French. Don't hear French."

rachel: She reached out to the other girl's mind and focused on it, only picking up a faint sound. "Well... I think it sounds like English in there, if that helps at all..."

Anna: "Okay that's good... er... right... any ideas why she's speaking french?" Anna hoped it wasn't because some of Teagan's brain had leaked out through the hole in her head.

Teagan: "Puisqu'un ninja a poignardé mon cerveau!" Teagan cried.

rachel: Rachel raised an eyebrow as she tried to figure out what was being said. Then, she shrugged, "I'm guessing a ninja was involved in why she's stuck in French since that's the only word I got besides mon."

Anna: "Ninja?" Anna repeated, "She was saying something about a Giraffe before you got here..." she frowned, "There was a nasty gaping hole in the back of her head when I found her. She was lucky I could heal it."

Teagan: A ninja stabbed my brain you ass hats! she screamed in her head, frustrated. WIth a loud shriekish groan, she threw the pillow over her face and rolled over.

rachel: "Well, I'm gonna go with ninja attack since the hole in the back of the head kinda fills in the blanks."

Anna: Anna nodded but she was still confused, "But... I healed her! She should be fine! What the hell happened?!" She looked over at Teagan, "You don't get to answer unless you can be coherent."

rachel: "Um..." Rachel gave another shrug, "You missed a spot?"

Teagan: She rolled her eyes. "Essai me guérissant PAR Rachel peut-être? Pouvez-vous faire cela?"

rachel: "All I got out of that was my name..." she shook her head.

Anna: Anna gave another helpless shrug, "Don't look at me..." she sighed and looked at Teagan, a pitying expression on her face, "Maybe I should try healing her again?"

Teagan: "Oui! Jeez! Pourquoi vous a-t-cela pris tellement longtemps pour penser à cela!? Rien!" She shook her head and sighed.

rachel: "Maybe, but do we really have to fix her? We could all learn French," Rachel smirked to show she was joking.

Teagan: "Je vous blesserai!!"

Anna: Anna grinned, "Yeeeeah but I didn't bother the first time around, what makes you think I'd bother now? She knows what we're saying, that's good enough for me." She flexed her fingers, "Okay dead lady, brace yourself." She reached out and touched Teagan.

rachel: "I've never actually tried to learn another language, but I guess if we really have to try and fix it..." she sighed, rolling her eyes.

Teagan: "L'attente! S'assurent que vous êtes réellement correct this time, no making me speak German or whatever!" Teagan stopped and listened to herself. "Cow... Cookie. Bed frame. Pillow. Sex."

Teagan: She looked up to Anna and wrapped her arms around her neck. "Merci!" She screamed and covered her mouth. "Oh non!" She punched Rachel in the arm. "Gotcha!" Ducking she rolled around her red-headed friend and gave her a hug from the behind.

Anna: Anna laughed and cheered, "Yay! I'm so sorry, Teagan, I don't know what went wrong there."

rachel: "What is with you and hugging me today? Though, I'm glad you're speaking English again. I don't actually have to think about what you're trying to say..."

Teagan: "Okay well... thank you for the healing!" She gave Anna another hug and turned to the door. "Oh by the way, look!" She flicked her hands and as before, her finger turned to long spikes. "Pretty shwag huh?

Anna: Anna's eyebrows went up, "Woah! What the hell Teagan?!" She stared at the (for want of a better word) claws, open mouthed.

rachel: "Well, those are new..."

Teagan: "S'alright, I like 'em. They're good offensive weapons!" she tried to give a thumbs up and it didn't really work out. "Anyways, I'm gonna toodle off now. Thank you bunches girls, I'll make you both some Salmon-stirred milk shakes some night okay?"

Teagan: She winked at them and slipped out the doors, dragging her fingers across part of the wall and giggling at the marks it left.

Anna: Anna blinked at Teagan as she left, "Is it just me or did her creepiness factor just go up?"

rachel: Rachel just nodded, "Remind me to never let her watch Nightmare on Elm Street with me. She might get ideas from Freddy."
:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Benjamin: Ben played his ukulele quietly while using his foot to push back and forth (slowly of course) the small bed on wheels that his daughter was in. She burbled and grabbed at the air, not the least bit scared of the strange noises coming from his instrument.

Benjamin: "Boy am I glad I played so much around your mommy while you were cookin' in the oven." Ben said smiling to her.

rachel: Rachel slipped into the rec room, poking at the container of leftover rice. She was pretty sure she'd heated it long enough, so it should be warm. Taking a seat on the couch, she hesitantly took a bite and glanced over at Ben, "Hey."

Benjamin: Ben smiled. "What's up?" He asked as he looked back down to his strings. The baby's eyes drifted to Rachel. "Uh-oh. Auntie Rachel!" Ben said with a smirk, noticing his daughter from the corner of his eye.

rachel: "Not much. Turns out I managed to successfully use the microwave," she took another bite and glanced down at the baby.

Benjamin: "Microwave success? Damn Rachel, you've come far. I'm proud." Ben tweaked the strings and fiddled again with a chord. "I can't do this... I'm leaping back from punk to like... café, Jack Johnson stuff.... it's not easy. I imagine this is how Clapton felt during his time with the Yardbirds."

rachel: "I'm sure you'll get used to it." Rachel looked between the two. It was kinda creepy how it was staring at her.

Benjamin: "Neena's happier. And Antonia seems to enjoy it well enough... I just don't think I like the transition... but I sorta gotta stay away from the genre for a while until this shit blows over." He looked to Rachel who was trying not to cringe at the baby.

Benjamin: "You want to hold her?" He asked with a sneer.

rachel: "You can't do both?" she shook her head, "Wouldn't want to drop her."

Benjamin: "Both equals stress and time I don't have. And you wouldn't drop her, you're sitting. As long as you put the rice down, you can." He couldn't believe he was offering Rachel to hold his child. She does sort of have to get used to her... he reasoned.

rachel: "Um, it's possible to drop things while sitting. It just means the fall won't be as bad," Rachel rolled her eyes, "And, you aren't going to stop bothering me until I do hold her, are you?"

Benjamin: "You don't need to read minds to know that but just incase." <You got it right. And no cussing at the baby.> He smiled and put the instrument down. Picking up his child, he brought her to Rachel.

Benjamin: She cooed and coughed. "Hold you arms out like this-cool. You got it. Don't change position. Get comfortable on the couch first. Okay, ready?"

rachel: She held her arms like Ben had instructed and eyed the small child, "Not really."

Benjamin: "Good." he put her in Rachel's arms. "I wasn't either." The child looked right to Rachel. Normally, when being held by someone new, she cried. Instead she just stared at Rachel.

rachel: Rachel stared back at her and glanced up at Ben, "Now what?"

Benjamin: "Hold her. And enjoy it." Toni opened her small mouth for a yawn and blinked, slowly falling asleep in Rachel's arms. "Wow, she is really comfortable with you. I'm very impressed." Then Antonia did something Ben didn't expect.

Benjamin: ".... Did she just smile?" He looked back and forth from his friend and his daughter. "Did she just smile at you!?"

rachel: "Hell if I know..." Wait. Did hell count as some of the words she couldn't say? "She probably just thinks all the metal in my face is shiny."

Benjamin: "I am so jealous..." Ben took his baby back, gently. "You took her first smile!" Antonia blanched and began to cry. "Awww!" He hugged her and sat down on the couch he was on previously.

rachel: "Well, maybe she'll laugh at you. Your face is pretty funny," she smirked. Her expression twisted at the screaming, "And, way to go..."

Benjamin: "Here, hold on, I gotta go get the thing from upstairs." He gave the baby back to Rachel and web zipped out of the room. Waiting on the ceiling right outside, he nearly shouted "what the fuck!" when Antonia, now in Rachel's arms again, ceased her shrill cries.

rachel: Rachel took the baby and was about to protest, but Ben had left the room. She stared at the girl, hoping Ben would come back soon because she really didn't want to be stuck holding her or have something happen to her.

Benjamin: Ben dropped back in and pulled the small teddy (that was in his back pocket the whole time) and gave it to his daughter as he hoisted her up. She was already falling asleep again and once put back in her rolly-bed thing that Neena had made Ben purchase, she seemed to doze right off again.

Benjamin: "So... she likes you. That much is evident." He gave Rachel a thumbs up. "Awesome. You are on the track to greatness." He looked for his guitar pick. "I could've sworn it was in my pocket..."

rachel: "Oh, joy. Good to know that children love me," she rolled her eyes. "Are you sure you didn't set it down somewhere?"

Benjamin: Ben looked around and saw the silvery glittering pick on the mantle. "What the hell... did I put it down here?" He took it and looked at it. "I think I did... huh... Okay, so what song do you want to hear?"

Benjamin: "Acoustic version, mind you." He picked up the guitar.

rachel: Rachel shrugged, picking her food back up, "I dunno. I was more focused on not dropping your spawn. I don't care what music."

Benjamin: "Pick a song." Ben said again, strongly. "Oh wait, no don't." He strummed, plucked, and sang. "Well it ain't no use sittin' wonderin' why babe. Iffin' you don't know by now. And it ain't no use to sit and wonder why babe, it'll never do somehow. When your rooster crows at the break of dawn, look out your window and I'll be gone. You're the reason I'm a-travelin' on but don't think twice it's alright..."

Benjamin: The baby began to cry. "Well... I guess Dylan is no good for her." He said, stopping abruptly. "If it's not original or Punk Rock, she doesn't like it. I hope I didn't make a punk-rock-girl out of her. Neena will never forgive me."

rachel: "Well, no wonder she likes me. You've corrupted her," she grinned.

Benjamin: Ben sighed. "Shit." He looked to the baby. "Sorry."

rachel: "Pfft, you act like I'm a bad thing. Plus, there's worse than me."

Benjamin: "There's Felicia..." Ben said softly. He shuddered and he was pretty sure Rachel did at the same time.

rachel: "Yeah... there's Felicia..." Rachel made a face and shuddered at the thought. "Let's not get into how bad she is."

Benjamin: "Oh, by the way Rachel. We're going to California eventually for a little family reunion. I know this is random but,... you want to come? I was thinking of looking around at music label companies I didn't know if you wanted to tag a long. I'd say bring Josh but let's face it... Gold in California? Someone might take a pick to him."

rachel: She snickered, "I'll think about it. Depends on work, I'll have to discuss it with Josh... all that stuff."

Benjamin: "When is the uh..." He pointed to her ring. "Thing. Happening?"

rachel: "You mean wedding..." she raised an eyebrow. "Probably around Halloween."

Benjamin: "How very Rachel." he said with a snort. "We're probably sometime soon. We're thinking of winging it. Well... I am. We got all the planning done and stuff set for a date not too far off, but I told her make it earlier and get it over with." Strumming slowly he said, more towards the guitar than to Rachel, "Bridezilla..."

rachel: "Neena is definitely Bridezilla. I think she would've punched the florist if her water hadn't broke."

Benjamin: "Yyyeah... I'm sorry about that. I know originally you didn't want anything to do with the whole birth thing so, thanks again. You were great."

rachel: "I didn't do anything. Actually, nevermind. I sat in the waiting room with a video camera in my face thanks to your sister and got to watch Neena's brother look unhappy," she shrugged.

Benjamin: "Oh he was unhappy?" Ben said, pleased. "That's a change. Usually it's contempt and hostility he's feeling."

rachel: "I don't know. He looked pretty unhappy. Didn't say anything, so I wouldn't really know about the hostile part."

Benjamin: "He's miserable. Don't bother speaking to him." Ben finished strumming and put his instruments away in their cases. "I wanted to go out tonight and do something, but Neena has her meeting, so I got chica over there." He sighed.

rachel: "Welcome to parenting," Rachel smirked, "You get to have no life."

Benjamin: "Said the future-babysitter." Ben replied, a smirk just as wide.

rachel: She shook her head, "Pfft. I'm not doing any babysitting until after she's potty trained. I don't do diapers."

Benjamin: "Deal." Ben said, reaching out to grab her hand and shaking it. "There, you can't go back. Done." He took the baby and directed his head to the instruments. "I'll be back for those, let me drop her off to her momma."
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

Post by Svartfreja »

Pietro: Pietro frowned at his reflection in the shop window. Maybe he should just start dying his hair? Would sure save a lot of trouble. He sighed and paid for his paper, turning to the events page to see if there was anything fun on at the theatre. Nope. Maybe a bagel would cheer him up?

Pietro: He strolled down the street, watching the traffic and thinking about how much the city had changed over the last few months with all the crazy riots and anti/pro mutant demonstrations. He felt lucky that he didn't have to deal with that crap. He wondered idly if they'd start asking people to get tested where he worked. He hoped not. He liked the people in his office.

rachel: Rachel made her way down the crowded sidewalk, pushing her way past people to get to the street so she could cross. She briefly checked both ways before stepping out into the street. She might actually be on time to the bus stop today, which meant she'd be in the tattoo shop earlier and would actually have time to prepare for her first appointment.

Pietro: Pietro had paused to wait for the traffic to stop when he spotted a woman who didn't wait. She'd walked straight out and the traffic was still moving. Right at her. Without stopping to think, Pietro ran towards her. There was no way he could get there in time but he had to try.

Pietro: Everything seemed to slow down. The woman. The traffic. Everyone around them on the street. He reached her easily, caught her round the waist and pulled her to safety.

rachel: She blinked and stared at the guy, then looked around to see if anyone was staring. Opening her mouth, she ended up taking a deep breath instead of talking, like she'd planned. Though, that was probably a good thing since the only thing that was on her mind was what the fuck.

Pietro: "Are you insane?!" Pietro questioned the surprised looking woman, "Didn't anyone teach you to look both ways before you cross the road?" He stopped short of putting his hands on his hips since, for some reason, people were now staring.

rachel: "I think that'd be a question for my therapist," Rachel found her voice and managed to get something out that wasn't completely mean, "And, I didn't exactly see you look before you decided to jump out and save me."

rachel: She looked around again, "If you want to talk, maybe we should move so we aren't blocking the sidewalk..."

Pietro: "I did look." Pietro told her, "I looked at you walking out in front of a truck. A thank you would be nice." He folded his arms across his chest then frowned at the starers.

rachel: "Thanks, I guess," Rachel sighed, running a hand through her hair. Then, she raised an eyebrow, "So, how exactly did you get there in time?"

Pietro: Pietro stared at her, "I ran?" He moved out of the way of people on the street, "I didn't think I'd make it, but some how I did. Lucky you."

rachel: "Oh, yeah. Lucky me because I so couldn't have stopped the truck myself," she rolled her eyes.

Pietro: Pietro blinked, "You're one woman? With what are you supposed to have stopped that thing?"

rachel: Rachel shrugged, "Well, since last I checked I don't have super strength and I'm not invincible, probably my mind..."

Pietro: "Waaaait a minute...." Pietro stared at her some more, "Are you a mutant?" He tried to keep his voice low to avoid drawing any more attention to them.

rachel: She nodded, "That's kinda why I was asking about getting to me in time."

Pietro: "I don't get it... I ran... I thought that was obvious..." he scratched his head.

rachel: "Well, you had to have run pretty fast..." Rachel chewed on her lip for a moment as she looked around before quietly saying, "I have telepathy and telekinesis."

Pietro: "Good for you. I have a fish." Pietro couldn't think why she was telling him this. Didn't matter now, he'd saved her from going splat. That was his good deed for the day. "I run in my spare time. Practise makes perfect I'm sure..." he gave a small shrug, "The only odd thing about me is my hair and the less said about that the better - It's a bit of a sore point."

rachel: Okay, so he wasn't about to admit that he was one too. Whatever. She shrugged, "I didn't think your hair looked that bad."

Pietro: That stumped him a bit. "Oookay well each to their own I suppose... most people just think it's odd that a twenty-something person as completely white hair." he shrugged, "Anyhoo, I'm just gonna go now..." he turned to leave.

rachel: "Wait." Why was she trying to stop him? She tried to think of some reason. Ah... "I don't think I got your name..."

Pietro: Pietro rolled his eyes, but stopped anyway, "Pietro Maximoff. Yes, it's weird. No, I don't know where it's from."

rachel: Well, that kinda worked. "Rachel Grey," she offered her hand, "Sorry for being such a bitch at first."

Pietro: Pietro sighed and took her hand, shaking it before letting it go. "No problem, probably shock or something.... unless you're always like that?" he grinned to show he meant no offence.

rachel: "Well, actually..." Rachel gave a slight grin back as she focused on his mind, "I kinda am."

Pietro: "I'm sure your friends love you all the same." Pietro was still thinking about getting that bagel but he was also now wondering if Wanda had enough food and whether or not he'd done enough on that report his boss wanted.

rachel: "For some reason, they do," Rachel shrugged, "Sooo... why do your thoughts all sound like they run together?"

Pietro: "Why do my what all do what?... You read my mind?!" That was so rude!

rachel: She cringed at bit at the looks, "Why don't you scream it a little louder? I don't think the whole street heard you."

Pietro: "Sorry." He hadn't meant to be that loud, "But... why did you do that? That's invasion of privacy... or something..."

rachel: "Yeah, sorry. I try not to, but sometimes I have slip-ups." That was an easy lie, and sometimes she really didn't mean to pick up stuff. "If it makes you feel any better, I didn't understand a word. They all kinda blur together..."

Pietro: "Good." He folded his arms again, "I think quick, I always have."

rachel: "It's not exactly normal to think that quickly..."

Pietro: Pietro raised an eyebrow, "What are you getting at?"

rachel: "Well, I can't understand any of your thoughts, you run extra fast... I'm guessing I'm not the only one standing here that's a mutant."

Pietro: Pietro looked at Rachel in rather the same way Wanda looked at him. That is to say; he stared wide eyed at her and gaped wordlessly.

Pietro: "Beg your pardon?" he finally managed.

rachel: "You. Mutant. I don't think I can make it any more simple for you."

Pietro: "I'm not a mutant..." Or was he? That would certainly explain the hair... Was he going to get fired now? "I'm not a mutant." He said again.

rachel: "Denial," Rachel coughed.

Pietro: Pietro folded his arms, "If I'm a mutant I'd like to see you prove it."

rachel: "No other person could've gotten me out of the street without getting hit, too."

Pietro: What she was saying was making a lot of sense but it was too much to process. He was normal. Had to be normal. Right? He thought back, how easy it was for him to do calculations in his head. How easy it was for him to recall things. How fast he could work. It made sense. All these thoughts rushed through his head, far too fast.

Pietro: He sighed, "Okay so you might have a point... But it doesn't change anything..."

rachel: "Well, whatever you want to tell yourself..." she gave a shrug.

Pietro: Pietro frowned at her, "Well it doesn't - I still have to go to work and look after my fish, pay my bills. Just now I have yet another thing to hope people don't ask me about. So yeah... thanks a bunch for that."

rachel: "No problem," Rachel rolled her eyes and decided to tell him about the school, "I, uh, actually live in at a place for mutants, if you wanna check it out sometime..."

Pietro: Pietro raised his eyebrows, "A place for mutants?" Sounded like a zoo... he hoped he'd kept that thought to himself, "Where is this place?"

rachel: "Yeah, there is, and it's in Westchester..."

Pietro: "Westchester? Wow..." posh. "Not saying I want to go but... they just take anyone?"

rachel: "Pretty much, yeah."

Pietro: "Wow..." he thought about it (not for very long), "okay... look, I'm sure you're supposed to be somewhere," he checked his watch, "And so am I... So, how about I give you one of these..." he pulled a business card out of his pocket, "Has my mobile number on there somwhere, you can phone me any time after five thirty and tell me more about this place."

rachel: "I just need to get to work, but okay, cool," Rachel took the card. "I guess I'll talk to you later."

Pietro: "Er yeah... um... bye then?" he gave a slight wave, then turned on his heel and walked quickly away. Weird day. He hoped it would be a slow day in the office.
:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

Post by Ferguson »

Jason: Gripping the wheel of the van, Jason narrowed his eyes at his enemy, the semi in front of him. "You know, I'm beginning to suspect I get roped into driving just for the sake of everyone else's amusement.." Not that he minded much. There was something very amusing about driving the giant van at speeds giant vans really shouldn't be going. There also was the temptation to illusion it into a police car...again.

Monet: "Well, darling, you are quite amusing." She grinned and relaxed in the passenger seat. "You do know where we're going, correct?"

Anna: "I like driving fast, get's it over with faster." Anna grinned, "And if we crash it's no big deal - I can fix it."

Jay: Jay clung to the sides of the van with a white-knuckled grip, wings squashed uncomfortably. "Cain' we slow down a li'l...?"
[
Monet: "If we crash, I won't be harmed. So I'm not worried at all." She looked over her shoulder at the new bird-boy. "Close your eyes, amant. Pretend it's a roller coaster."

Raya: Raya leaned her arms over the back of the seat in front of her, smiling at Anna's point. "Don't like going so fast, Jay?"

Monet: She looked over at Jason at that idea. "Jason, make him believe it, would you? I don't feel like invading his mind."

Jason: "That's the wonderful thing about narcoleptic parapelegic telepaths. They can deliver driving instructions much better than any GPS system ever dreamed of." Oh that truck did not just cut him off. "Little bastard!" They sped up and were soon around the offending driver. "But making him believe it would be nice...and probably confuse the hell out of the other drivers." Jason found himself tempted.

Jay: Jay just gave Monet a tight-lipped glare before flicking a look at the other girl. "Not when Ah ain' flyin' Ah don't." Not like Monet would get far into his head anyway. He'd been taught how to shield by some of the best of the Morlocks.

Anna: "It'll be fine, Jay, don't worry." Anna gave Jay a reassuring smile, "If you like I can make you feel better."

Jay: "Ah'll be fine." Jay took a deep breath.

Raya: "It's okay, just relax a little. Want to sit over here, so you don't have to squash your wings?" Raya gave him a half-smile, very used to how everybody drove around here. It wasn't that much worse than where she was from.

Monet: "Are you threatening me?" Monet glared at Jason, "I know you can do better than that. Because that was just pathetic."

rachel: Why had she agreed to go with this? She sighed and leaned back in her seat, glancing out the window every so often. With the way Jason was driving, she would've thought they would be there by now.

Jason: "...I'm talking about Xavier, not threatening you. Other people can to your mind probing mojo you realize."

Monet: "Oh yes. The bald man is narcoleptic isn't he. I never pay attention to him."

Anna: "The bald man pays for all our food and gives us a place to sleep, you should pay attention to him." Anna told Monet.

Jason: "It's difficult to pay attention to snores and drool" Jason nodded, turning down one of the more abandoned streets.

Jay: "The guy's given me a safe-house. Can say Ah'm plenty grateful."

Monet: "I could pay for all of that and more if I wanted. I do not need his money."

Anna: "So leave if you don't like it." Anna folded her arms and sat back in her seat, "Are we nearly there yet?"

Raya: "Well then why're you here?" Raya asked with a shrug. "We all need something Xavier offers us. Who is it we're going to get, out here?"

Jason: "I can be grateful without being attentive. And don't make me turn this van around, people."

Monet: "Believe me, if I could have, I would have never even come."

Jay: Jay managed to worm his way in his seat so that his wings weren't so cramped. He should have just flown, but he had no idea where they were going.

Monet: "The only reason I'm here is because of my father. I do not need the parapalegic man."

Anna: "Well then maybe you should have a little respect for our kind caretaker." Anna grouched at Monet, "And you can't turn the van around - we're on a mission." She poked her tongue out at Jason.

rachel: "We're closer to the location than we are to the school, so I'd rather not turn around," she tossed in.

Raya: "Hey, you're getting your feathers mussed." She reached out and smoothed one down that had been poking out. "Wonder what the new kid is going to be like, when we get him."

Jason: "I don't see how that stops me." Jason turned down another road despite thinking about doubling back and picking up some lunch instead. "You mean you don't want to go sightseeing in this wonderful slice of Americana? We could go poke the homeless...though that sort of is our 'mission', isn't it?"

Jay: "Hey, Ah'll fly. Ah don' care." He smiled gratefully at Raya. "Thanks...they're too big fer a van, really."

Jason: "We could strap you to the front, call you a hood ornament."

Jason: "I'm afraid you'd leave a mess on the windshield though."

Anna: Anna snorted. "Careful Jason."

Jason: "Careful what?" He asked, slowing down and eyeing the warehouses that were coming up. Those were probably it right there.

Raya: "Yeah, but they're pretty," she smiled back.

Jay: "Y'all wouldn't be able t' see a thing if I was, dude." Jay smirked.

Anna: "Careful you don't end up with a mouthful of feathers?" Anna grinned at Jay.

Jason: "Who needs to see in this thing? I'd win most collisions."

Monet: "This is quite the tank."

Jay: "Nah. Promised Bobby he can have all the fallouts."

rachel: Rachel just shook her head, "I grew up around here. I don't need to go sightseeing."

Monet: "Oh did you? How.... quaint."

Jason: "I wonder if we could get Xavier to spend some money to get a tank. We have a jet, why not a tank?" Jason pulled over, putting the van in park. "...as much as I hate to say it I believe we're here." It looked...yes, quaint was an interesting word for it.

Anna: "That's good, if we get lost you can show us where they keep the food..." Anna smiled at Rae.

Jason: "And if we get stabbed by bag ladies looking for fresh meat?"

Anna: "I'll heal you all up good as new."

Monet: "Good. I'll just wait in the van then. Would rather not get my shoes scuffed on a homeless person's dirty head."

Piotr: Piotr heard a car screech to a halt ....from the direction of sound it seemed to be right outside Just freekin great now what!

rachel: "Well, not all of us can be rich, Monet," she rolled her eyes and gave a slight smile to Anna.

Jason: "Oh no, you and Rachel are our guides!" Jason gave Monet the biggest fake smile he could muster. "You get to probe away and find the mutant among the great unwashed!"

Raya: "We'll let you go first to protect us against that," Raya quipped at Jason, climbing out.

Jay: Jay clambered out of the van and immediately stretched his wings gratefully, scratching at the scarring on his side. So was not geting in the van for the way back. Even the sewers weren't that cramped.

Monet: "Alright. But if my foot collides with something lying on the ground, I am going to swear I thought it was a trashbag. Besides, they're all trash anyway. It's not too far off."

Anna: Anna went to climb out, realised her seatbelt was still on and laughed, "Ooops..." she unhooked it and got out, managing not to fall over.

Piotr: Piotr heard voices outside...voices that seemed to belong to people around his age. Oh bunch of kids looking for a crash pad to party...hope they have plenty of vodka and hopefully some good weed

Jason: "I don't have enough meat on me for the bag ladies to go for first." Jason opened the door and looked down. Well, now or never. He stepped out, pointing to the building they apparently wanted. "Onward!"

Monet: "Go get him, Lassie," Monet shooed Jason with a hand. "Go find Timmy."

Raya: "Be careful Monet. Some of that trash can kick your ass," came the murmured reply, as Raya slowed to fall back with Anna.

Monet: "No one can kick my ass, you measley dust mite."

Jay: Jay ignored Monet's comment, pushing himself in the air with a powerful downsweep of wings, the rush of air buffeting everyone. "Eh. Sorry." He said unconvincingly.

Anna: "One of these days I'm going to possess her and dress her in a bin bag and carpet slippers...." Anna muttered darkly to Raya.

Piotr: Piotr stood up and smoothed out his ragged Cannibal Holocaust shirt and attempted to tuck a tuft of hair covering his ice blue eyes behind his ear.

Raya: "Funny thing about that is that it's one of those things people can only disprove," she countered, blowing her loose hair out of her eyes at Jay's downdraft. "I would pay you so much money to give me pictures of that."

Jason: "Well...that's one way to clear the walkway." Jason looked up at Jay, shrugging before walking towards the building. "You find him for me, Old Yeller, before we put you down for your distemper."

Monet: "You could try," she called cheerfully over her shoulder to Anna. "And remember, darling girl, I can hear you from quite a distance."

Anna: "I don't care, Monet!" Anna sang back, she grinned at Raya, "I'll loan you the camera."

Jason: "Play nice, children. We're being student ambassadors." Jason called back in a sort of sing-song voice.

Jay: "Quit arguin', kids, let's go find this guy." Jay sighed from his height twenty feet off the ground.

Anna: "Who's arguin'?" Anna asked, looking up, "I'm having fun!"

Monet: Monet arched an eyebrow at Jason and smirked, "Un, you need to work on your sing-song voice. Deux, you're one to talk."

Piotr: From the sound of the voices they seemed like rich yuppie types quibbling over who was like the totally awesomest. Piotr shook his head Just great my favorite type of people

Raya: Raya laughed, nodding as she followed the group. "Does that mean we can throw shoes at each other, like the UN?" she called jokingly to Jason. "If he's here illegally he probably wouldn't be on the first floor."

rachel: Rachel ran a hand through her hair after the draft Jay created, attempting to get it to sit right again. She followed the others toward the building, slightly wishing someone would pop up and stab her so she wouldn't have to hear the sound of Monet.

Piotr: Piotr gently crept to the railing in an attempt to get a look at his revered guests

Piotr: The floor creaked slightly under his muscular frame.

Anna: "Ooo a penny!" Anna dived on it, "Mine!"

Monet: Monet looked up at the creak and flew up to see whoever was peering down on them. "Spying is rude."

Anna: Oooh and it was shiny. She watched the light reflect off it.

Jay: Jay grinned, perfectly imitating Monet's voice. "Oooh, look, a bug on my Prada!"

Raya: Raya cocked her head at the creak, looking up, but losing her concentration on the sound at Jay's imitation. "I like you already, Jay."

Anna: Anna snorted at Jay's impression, "That's uncanny! Do it again!"

Jason: "Yes, throw all of the shoes you want." Jason was sure that they could do a good deal of damage. "And I am one to talk. I thought I've been behaving myself actually. This is my good." He stopped, looking up as Monet seemed to be greeting who might be their prey. "Rude but probably a better form of entertainment than what one would usually find here."

Monet: "You lack humor, Joshua." Her attention turned back to the man. "Who are you?"

Piotr: Piotr looked at the group Well they don't all look Richie Rich, but at least that one certainly was "I beg thy pardon madam," Piotr said in his best faux ettiquite, "But it's you who are being rude coming into my pad."

Piotr: "I might ask you the same question M'lady."

Monet: "You are mistaken. I have not entered your 'pad'. I'm still in the street. Or, rather, the air above the street."

Jason: "I'm sorry, I doubt you own this building." Okay, who thought it was a good idea to send Jason on a mission to pick up people? Xavier must have been half asleep when he got him for driving.

Raya: "Hey! Can you come down from there? Please?" Raya called, assuming talking with Monet alone would get them nowhere fast.

Piotr: "Squatters rule my friend...no one was here when I got here...finders keepers."

Monet: "Jason! Would you like to come meet the trespasser?"

Jason: "And we're very delighted to not have to keep it." Jason smiled, stepping closer.

Piotr: Piotr looked over at another one of them who seemed to have basic social graces, "Sure thing, be down in a second."

Monet: "Finders keepers? And Jason thought we were childish."

Jay: Jay pulled a face at Monet as she flew, before grinning at Anna. He manuvred himself in front of the new guy, his wings working to keep him airbourne and arms folded.

Jason: "Sticks and stones, sticks and stones."

Raya: "Thanks!" Raya smiled up at them, hair blowing in the little breeze Jay's wings kicked up. "No whips and chains, Jason?"

Piotr: Piotr leapt from the railing making quite a ruckus as he kicked up quite a cloud of smoke as he landed.

Jay: "Seems to prefer politeness to bitchiness, lady." Jay smirked at the girl, before heading down to land. "Wow, big guy."

rachel: She snickered at Jay's impression and glanced at the guy, putting in, "Feel free to ignore her. We all try to."

Anna: "Oh no... another tall one... I'm gonna stand with Raya...." Anna shuffled over to the other girl.

Piotr: "Yea?, Piotr said curtly.

Jason: "That entirely depends on who is asking." Jason answered Raya. He waved his hand in front of himself, trying to get the dust and...whatnot in the air away from him. "Quite...the impact. Do you have something against your floor?"

Piotr: "According to you Jeeves...it's not mine," Piotr said with a snicker.

Raya: "Oh wow. That's...pretty cool," Raya murmured, backing up a step at the dust cloud, completely unaffected by it in her face. "Hey there," she repeated, quieter now that he was closer.

Jay: Jay snorted. "Ah can hardly say anythin'. Ah lived in a sewer for a while. So...what're you doing here, dude?"

Piotr: "What brings you to Hunt's Point?"

Jason: "Far be it for me to quibble about squatter's rights. Though I must make an acception, not a butler." Jason smiled more. "You named it? Really?"

Raya: "Looking for someone, actually."

Piotr: "Look around preppy...this whole neighborhood is Hunt's Point."

Jason: "Hmm, maybe they'll let loose the hounds sometime."

Piotr: Piotr put an arm around Jason and turned him, "See those ladies over there...they're hookers....tranny hookers at that HA!" Piotr said slapping Jason on the back forgetting his strength for a moment.

Monet: "Are you blind Jason? He's already loose." She flew back down to stand beside him and looked up at the man. "He's just chosen to stay in an area he's not allowed to be in."

rachel: Rachel shook her head. This was going to take forever.

Jay: Jay sighed, running a hand through his pillarbox hair before taking to the air again, whipping up the dust. He so did not have the patience for this any more.

Piotr: "Well if Muffy and Biff here can keep their traps shut....what are you guys doing here in the armpit of hell I call home....currently"

Anna: "Looking for you.... I think." Anna replied, still slightly distracted by her shiny penny.

Raya: "Looking for you," Raya smiled calmly. "We're here to extend an invitation, if you wwant to come with us."

rachel: "I don't think it's possible for them to shut up."

Monet: Monet looked up at the man then at Jason under his arm. "I believe, it would be just Jason in the armpit of hell."

Monet: "You should put your arm down. You need a shower. Quite badly."

Piotr: Piotr got a nervous look suddenly and stepped back towards the door, "Who sent you?....was is Shostepovelik's men?"

Jay: "Trust me, dude. It's a sweet deal they're offerin'."

Jason: "I can't say as I'm surprised by the hookers." Jason winced, that was...well he had a feeling as to what mutty's mutation might be now. "Yes, as you can tell by our friend of the crimson wings and as I can tell by the fact that you've tried to remove my shoulder blade we have something in common."

Raya: "Um. No, it's a school. You should come with us, you get free food and a clean room with cable," she said, curious in the face of the guy's nerves. "We're not out to get you...not in a bad way."

Jason: Freedom! Freedom from the armpit of hell! "So no, not whoever that would be."

Jay: "...The first asshole to say they're blood-coloured gets a ballistic angel kick free of charge."

Piotr: Cable Huh

Piotr: "And where exactly is this school?"

Monet: "Stop being an imbecile. We do not know anyone by the name of Shostepovelik," Monet said in Russian as she rolled her eyes.

Piotr: "I'm an imbecile....yet you are the one wearing name brand multi hundred dollar shoes in the worst neighborhood in NY." Piotr said with a chuckle.

Raya: "Out in Westchester. It's really nice, actually, you should come," Raya said quietly. "Everyone's pretty nice there. Except those two," she pointed vaguely at Jason and Monet.

Monet: "I did not choose to come here. But you are trespassing and apparently, someone wants your ungrateful, completely disgusting self, at our school."

Jason: "Westchester" Jason answered, rubbing his shoulder some. "And nice takes far too long and isn't nearly half as rewarding."

Raya: "Told you."

Jay: Jay folded his arms, rolling his eyes. "Yanno...Ah'm a rich kid from Georgia, and Ah don't act like a spoilt brat."

Jason: "But you do preen your feathers, don't you?"

Anna: "Money is overrated...." Anna mumbled, still looking at her penny and reflecting the light onto Monet's shoes.

Piotr: Piotr spun around and got face to face with Monet and pointed a finger directly in her face, "I've had just about enough of Blair and Chastity over here....if you are all mutes like me, besides our airborn friend what else do you people do?"

Monet: Monet didn't even blink at the sudden movement from the man. "You would rather not have me show you."

Jason: "I think the last thing that could be associated with her is the word chastity."

Jay: "Only to get the shit out, dude." Jay grinned down at Jason. He cocked his head, taking on Monet's voice again. "Well...I can be a bitch sometimes...but give me a nice back scratch and I'm yours."

rachel: "Be careful," she warned the guy as he got in Monet's face, "She's likely to bite, and you don't want whatever she may have."

Raya: "All different sorts of things," Raya answered. "Want to see proof?"

Anna: Anna cracked up at Jay's impression of Monet again. "I like you already!" she told him.

Monet: "No, dear Jay. Give me a nice back rub and I'll make you mine. I belong to no one."

Piotr: "Oh I'm not worried....," Piotr said as suddenly his entire body turned into a bright shining metal...with some spots where it seemed tarnished.

Raya: "Oh wow..."

Piotr: "Let's see her bite through this!"

Jay: "Well sorry, Miss Prada." Jay grinned, still using her voice. "But you're not my type, darling."

Jason: "Be careful, last time I did my impression of her it got me into a world of hurt." Jason laughed at Jay before turning back to Piotr. "...please, we don't need anyone biting some shiny metal ass."

Anna: "Ohhh that's cool! If we get in trouble, he's my new hitchhiking target!" Anna grinned.

Jason: "Just don't plow a car into him?"

Monet: Monet arched an unimpressed eyebrow. "I don't need any fake jewelry or mounts on the wall. And dear, that's all you are to me."

Piotr: "Would you prefer if I kicked the silver spoon farther into your pompous ass?"

rachel: "I don't think it'll go any farther."

Monet: "I like it in my mouth, merci." She grinned. "Step down."

Piotr: "I'm sure among other things."

Jay: Jay dropped his voice at the metal-man. "Wow. Remind me not to try to pick y'all up, dude." He flew over to him to get a better look. "See, everyone gets the cool abilities."

Raya: "Too much information," Raya murmured. "So, other than already clashing with a few of our illustrious mates, you want to come back with us?"

Piotr: Piotr was officially dont talking to those two so he turned to the others, "Sure why not lemme grab my stuff be right back."

Piotr: Piotr walked back into the warehouse.

Jason: "You have stuff? We'll hook up the hose when we get back."

Monet: "That was extremely easy. How sad."

Piotr: "Sooo funny," Piotr's voice echoed from the warehouse.

Anna: "What were you hoping we'd have to smack him around?" Anna raised an eyebrow at Monet.

Jason: "We're just that hard to resist." Jason smirked to Monet.

Monet: "With how he was behaving, it would have been incredibly fun to see him try and hurt me." She grinned at Jason, "Oh darling, we're irresistable."

Raya: "Only if you're a masochist," Rays said dryly at Monet.

Piotr: "sorry cupcake you nor her are my type," Piotr said as he exited the warehouse carrying two trunks on his shoulders.

Jason: "Was that to her or to me? If it was to me then I think I should start believing in God just so I would be able to thank him."

Jay: Jay pushed himself higher with another downsweep aimed specifically at Monet, dust kicking up again. "Makes me wish Ah had my mp3 with me." His voice drifted down.

Piotr: "God is simply Dog backwards as far as I can tell."

Monet: "Oh good, then I don't have to put up with you fawning at my feet." She arched an eyebrow at Jason, "You should thank Him anyway, just in case."

Raya: "I'd ask if you need help, but I doubt I'd be much good," Raya chuckled at Piotr. "I'm Raya. You got a name?"

Anna: "Careful who you say that to." Anna warned the new guy, brushing her fingers over the small silver crucifix around her neck.

Monet: Monet closed her eyes and flew up with the force of wind, making sure she wouldn't fall. She turned in the air to face Jay, "That was not very nice. I have not done anything to you yet."

Jason: "Well, I'm sure that the school will help you grasp greater concepts." Jason started towards the door, ready to be out of here. "And you're right, I should probably cover my bases. Thank God....no it feels horrible in my throat."

Jay: "Yeah you have." Jay smiled easily. "You asked me if Ah killed my family." With that, he swooped under her, circling over the crowd below. "Hey! We done here, y'all? Ah wanna get home."

Piotr: "I allow all to beleive as they like...as long as they do the same with me...I'm Piotr."

Jason: "How terribly gracious of you. I feel so very free."

Jay: "Name's Jay." Jay grinned down. "Would offer mah hand but don't wanna get it crushed, no offence."

Monet: "Because if you had killed them I would kill you. How was I supposed to know you lived there? All you said was you were there and that was how you got the scars. It could have easily been someone protecting their home from you."

Raya: "We're all pretty cool with the beliefs thing," Raya smiled. "Good to meet you, Piotr," she offered him her hand, small as it was, but with a genuine smile.

Monet: Monet landed softly on her feet. "Monet," she said to the new guy and moved towards the van. "Let's get out of this hell hole, shall we?"

Piotr: Piotr placed the trunks into the van as best he could then reverted back to flesh and blood, "Sorry forget when I change sometimes."

Anna: "I'm Anna," She told the guy, "And don't worry too much about breaking somone's bones by accident - that's what I'm here for." She grinned.

Piotr: Piotr took Raya's hand and looked her over for a moment, "Errr...nice to make your acquaintence."

Raya: "Same goes," she said. "Don't worry about the beliefs thing. Everyone's different. Some just more so than others."

Jason: "Surely, and quickly I'm thinking." Jason got back behind the driver's seat. "Just try not to put on your armour of dog while in the van. Might give it a bit of an issue I'd imagine."

Monet: Monet climbed back in the passenger seat.

Jay: Jay didn't even acknowledge Monet's speech. He didn't want to be as angry as he'd been burying Jill again. Not yet. He pushed up into the air. "Ah'm flyin'!" He called down.

Monet: "Don't get lost," she called up.

Anna: Anna got back into the van, wishing she could control her teke long enough to fly on the trip back. Didn't like being in the same place as Monet.

Jay: "Not likely." Jay muttered, a good fifty feet and climbing. "Not with your whining."

Piotr: Piotr looked toward Raya and Anna and smirked slightly.

Raya: Raya waved up to Jay as he gained height, climbing back into the van with the others. "So. Piotr...Russian, right? I think..."

Jason: "So, who would like to get back a bit quicker? I know I would."

Piotr: "Da...I mean yes...I speak it but I've been out of any culturally russian area for many years."

Monet: "The quicker the better, darling."

Anna: "Quick is good, Jason," Anna replied with a smile, "I think I said that already." Need to get back inside somewhere safe. Hope Wade isn't working...

Jason: Jason smirked, starting up the corner and putting the police cruiser illusion over the van before speeding off. That would at least earn them some space on the road.

Piotr: Piotr looked dead into the rear view mirror, "ARE WE THERE YET!"

Raya: "I don't speak it but for a couple words...but I've got enough other languages to more than compensate. Pretty cool though." She covered one ear at the yell, shaking her head at the noise.

Anna: Anna winced at the yell and fought to keep herself together. Notrightnowgodno!

Monet: <Shut up or I will push you out of this van myself.>

Piotr: Piotr looked at Raya and Anna, "Sorry that was meant for them."

Jason: "Don't tempt me into getting rid of your voice."

Monet: "Oh yes, please do."

Raya: "Okay, no more shouting in my ear, hm? Kinda hurts when you do that." Raya pushed her hair back, but smiled lightly.

Monet: She looked over at Jason, "I would give you that trip to Europe you wanted before."

Anna: "Not good with sudden noises.... or surprises in general right now...." Anna replied, "Please don't do that again."

Jason: "...really now?" Jason looked up briefly.

Piotr: Piotr nodded sheepishly to Anna

Monet: "I would."

Jason: Jason smirked wickedly. "It would only be polite to show what else I could do, wouldn't it?"

Monet: "We'll work out the details later. It wouldn't be the exact same deal, you realize."

Raya: "Not while you're driving," Raya settled into her seat, crossing her arms around one bent knee. "Can you wait till we're actually back at the school and stopped? Please?"

Monet: Monet frowned, "What in the world are you talking about, Raya?"

Jason: "Oh, of course." Jason nodded to Monet. "Why wait? I've already got one illusion going, another wouldn't hurt at all."

Raya: "Jason showing off."

Monet: "He can drive and illusion more than one thing at the same time. He's quite talented."

Jason: "Why thank you, Monet."

Monet: "Pas d' problème.."

Piotr: <r> I somehow forsee this is not the last time I shall butt heads with well these two buttheads.<r>

Raya: "No idea what you just said."

Monet: "He's being rude."

Piotr: "Don't worry bout it...regardless I'm sure you agree."

Jason: "To be certain." Jason agreed with Monet, pressing down on the gas more as cars finally got over for him. Really, this was the only way to drive.

Raya: "To you? Who would ever do that?"

Piotr: <r> "Rudeness begets rudeness, princess." <r>

Monet: "Oh no, he was speaking about you, darling." She grinned at her white lie and ignored the lunkhead.

Piotr: Piotr looked at Raya and knew she didn't beleive this overly pampered poodle in prada...cheap prada.

StAnna: Anna sighed and started tapping a foot. Want to be home now.....

Raya: "I'm nowhere near your darling, but thank you anyway," she smiled dryly at Monet. "You okay, Anna?"

Monet: "Darling, nothing I buy is cheap. But you wouldn't know the difference between real and knock-offs anyway."

Piotr: Apparently neither do you

StAnna: "Huh? No... er.... wait... what was the question?" Anna blinked at Raya.

Raya: "I asked if you were okay. You look a little razzed," she supplied.

Monet: "You really are a child aren't you?" She looked over at Jason, "It would help to turn off his brain as well." Monet smiled contently as she put her shields up so tight nothing could get through.

StAnna: "I...er.. I don't know... I think... I just want to be home now...."

Piotr: <r> "You'd think with all that money your parents could have afforded to teach you If you have nothing nice to say don't say anything at all." <r>

Jason: "But then there would be drool and lose of bodily control...so not really that big of a change." Jason reached up, shutting the illusioned gate between the front and the back. A barrier was a nice thing.

Monet: "Ah thank you. That is much better." She grinned at Jason, "He really doesn't know who he's dealing with does he?"

Jason: "Not all of the players on the board can be up to our level of play." He sighed, just shaking his head as he finally got to the main road.

Piotr: "So....tell me more about this school, with free food and cable," Piotr said to the two sitting on either side of him.

Raya: "The kitchen's always stocked, and open all the time, with...practically everything. A few of us will cook stuff during the week and leave it in the fridge," she explained. "And the TV's in the rec room. Again, always open, though you might have ti fight someone for the remote. Other than that, and all of us being mutants, it's pretty normal. Classes, grades, everything."

Piotr: "Classes...I knew there was a catch," Piotr said with a smirk.