Summer 2011: Jason

Check out what goes on between semesters here!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

Post by Ferguson »

Jason: Gripping the wheel of the van, Jason narrowed his eyes at his enemy, the semi in front of him. "You know, I'm beginning to suspect I get roped into driving just for the sake of everyone else's amusement.." Not that he minded much. There was something very amusing about driving the giant van at speeds giant vans really shouldn't be going. There also was the temptation to illusion it into a police car...again.

Monet: "Well, darling, you are quite amusing." She grinned and relaxed in the passenger seat. "You do know where we're going, correct?"

Anna: "I like driving fast, get's it over with faster." Anna grinned, "And if we crash it's no big deal - I can fix it."

Jay: Jay clung to the sides of the van with a white-knuckled grip, wings squashed uncomfortably. "Cain' we slow down a li'l...?"
[
Monet: "If we crash, I won't be harmed. So I'm not worried at all." She looked over her shoulder at the new bird-boy. "Close your eyes, amant. Pretend it's a roller coaster."

Raya: Raya leaned her arms over the back of the seat in front of her, smiling at Anna's point. "Don't like going so fast, Jay?"

Monet: She looked over at Jason at that idea. "Jason, make him believe it, would you? I don't feel like invading his mind."

Jason: "That's the wonderful thing about narcoleptic parapelegic telepaths. They can deliver driving instructions much better than any GPS system ever dreamed of." Oh that truck did not just cut him off. "Little bastard!" They sped up and were soon around the offending driver. "But making him believe it would be nice...and probably confuse the hell out of the other drivers." Jason found himself tempted.

Jay: Jay just gave Monet a tight-lipped glare before flicking a look at the other girl. "Not when Ah ain' flyin' Ah don't." Not like Monet would get far into his head anyway. He'd been taught how to shield by some of the best of the Morlocks.

Anna: "It'll be fine, Jay, don't worry." Anna gave Jay a reassuring smile, "If you like I can make you feel better."

Jay: "Ah'll be fine." Jay took a deep breath.

Raya: "It's okay, just relax a little. Want to sit over here, so you don't have to squash your wings?" Raya gave him a half-smile, very used to how everybody drove around here. It wasn't that much worse than where she was from.

Monet: "Are you threatening me?" Monet glared at Jason, "I know you can do better than that. Because that was just pathetic."

rachel: Why had she agreed to go with this? She sighed and leaned back in her seat, glancing out the window every so often. With the way Jason was driving, she would've thought they would be there by now.

Jason: "...I'm talking about Xavier, not threatening you. Other people can to your mind probing mojo you realize."

Monet: "Oh yes. The bald man is narcoleptic isn't he. I never pay attention to him."

Anna: "The bald man pays for all our food and gives us a place to sleep, you should pay attention to him." Anna told Monet.

Jason: "It's difficult to pay attention to snores and drool" Jason nodded, turning down one of the more abandoned streets.

Jay: "The guy's given me a safe-house. Can say Ah'm plenty grateful."

Monet: "I could pay for all of that and more if I wanted. I do not need his money."

Anna: "So leave if you don't like it." Anna folded her arms and sat back in her seat, "Are we nearly there yet?"

Raya: "Well then why're you here?" Raya asked with a shrug. "We all need something Xavier offers us. Who is it we're going to get, out here?"

Jason: "I can be grateful without being attentive. And don't make me turn this van around, people."

Monet: "Believe me, if I could have, I would have never even come."

Jay: Jay managed to worm his way in his seat so that his wings weren't so cramped. He should have just flown, but he had no idea where they were going.

Monet: "The only reason I'm here is because of my father. I do not need the parapalegic man."

Anna: "Well then maybe you should have a little respect for our kind caretaker." Anna grouched at Monet, "And you can't turn the van around - we're on a mission." She poked her tongue out at Jason.

rachel: "We're closer to the location than we are to the school, so I'd rather not turn around," she tossed in.

Raya: "Hey, you're getting your feathers mussed." She reached out and smoothed one down that had been poking out. "Wonder what the new kid is going to be like, when we get him."

Jason: "I don't see how that stops me." Jason turned down another road despite thinking about doubling back and picking up some lunch instead. "You mean you don't want to go sightseeing in this wonderful slice of Americana? We could go poke the homeless...though that sort of is our 'mission', isn't it?"

Jay: "Hey, Ah'll fly. Ah don' care." He smiled gratefully at Raya. "Thanks...they're too big fer a van, really."

Jason: "We could strap you to the front, call you a hood ornament."

Jason: "I'm afraid you'd leave a mess on the windshield though."

Anna: Anna snorted. "Careful Jason."

Jason: "Careful what?" He asked, slowing down and eyeing the warehouses that were coming up. Those were probably it right there.

Raya: "Yeah, but they're pretty," she smiled back.

Jay: "Y'all wouldn't be able t' see a thing if I was, dude." Jay smirked.

Anna: "Careful you don't end up with a mouthful of feathers?" Anna grinned at Jay.

Jason: "Who needs to see in this thing? I'd win most collisions."

Monet: "This is quite the tank."

Jay: "Nah. Promised Bobby he can have all the fallouts."

rachel: Rachel just shook her head, "I grew up around here. I don't need to go sightseeing."

Monet: "Oh did you? How.... quaint."

Jason: "I wonder if we could get Xavier to spend some money to get a tank. We have a jet, why not a tank?" Jason pulled over, putting the van in park. "...as much as I hate to say it I believe we're here." It looked...yes, quaint was an interesting word for it.

Anna: "That's good, if we get lost you can show us where they keep the food..." Anna smiled at Rae.

Jason: "And if we get stabbed by bag ladies looking for fresh meat?"

Anna: "I'll heal you all up good as new."

Monet: "Good. I'll just wait in the van then. Would rather not get my shoes scuffed on a homeless person's dirty head."

Piotr: Piotr heard a car screech to a halt ....from the direction of sound it seemed to be right outside Just freekin great now what!

rachel: "Well, not all of us can be rich, Monet," she rolled her eyes and gave a slight smile to Anna.

Jason: "Oh no, you and Rachel are our guides!" Jason gave Monet the biggest fake smile he could muster. "You get to probe away and find the mutant among the great unwashed!"

Raya: "We'll let you go first to protect us against that," Raya quipped at Jason, climbing out.

Jay: Jay clambered out of the van and immediately stretched his wings gratefully, scratching at the scarring on his side. So was not geting in the van for the way back. Even the sewers weren't that cramped.

Monet: "Alright. But if my foot collides with something lying on the ground, I am going to swear I thought it was a trashbag. Besides, they're all trash anyway. It's not too far off."

Anna: Anna went to climb out, realised her seatbelt was still on and laughed, "Ooops..." she unhooked it and got out, managing not to fall over.

Piotr: Piotr heard voices outside...voices that seemed to belong to people around his age. Oh bunch of kids looking for a crash pad to party...hope they have plenty of vodka and hopefully some good weed

Jason: "I don't have enough meat on me for the bag ladies to go for first." Jason opened the door and looked down. Well, now or never. He stepped out, pointing to the building they apparently wanted. "Onward!"

Monet: "Go get him, Lassie," Monet shooed Jason with a hand. "Go find Timmy."

Raya: "Be careful Monet. Some of that trash can kick your ass," came the murmured reply, as Raya slowed to fall back with Anna.

Monet: "No one can kick my ass, you measley dust mite."

Jay: Jay ignored Monet's comment, pushing himself in the air with a powerful downsweep of wings, the rush of air buffeting everyone. "Eh. Sorry." He said unconvincingly.

Anna: "One of these days I'm going to possess her and dress her in a bin bag and carpet slippers...." Anna muttered darkly to Raya.

Piotr: Piotr stood up and smoothed out his ragged Cannibal Holocaust shirt and attempted to tuck a tuft of hair covering his ice blue eyes behind his ear.

Raya: "Funny thing about that is that it's one of those things people can only disprove," she countered, blowing her loose hair out of her eyes at Jay's downdraft. "I would pay you so much money to give me pictures of that."

Jason: "Well...that's one way to clear the walkway." Jason looked up at Jay, shrugging before walking towards the building. "You find him for me, Old Yeller, before we put you down for your distemper."

Monet: "You could try," she called cheerfully over her shoulder to Anna. "And remember, darling girl, I can hear you from quite a distance."

Anna: "I don't care, Monet!" Anna sang back, she grinned at Raya, "I'll loan you the camera."

Jason: "Play nice, children. We're being student ambassadors." Jason called back in a sort of sing-song voice.

Jay: "Quit arguin', kids, let's go find this guy." Jay sighed from his height twenty feet off the ground.

Anna: "Who's arguin'?" Anna asked, looking up, "I'm having fun!"

Monet: Monet arched an eyebrow at Jason and smirked, "Un, you need to work on your sing-song voice. Deux, you're one to talk."

Piotr: From the sound of the voices they seemed like rich yuppie types quibbling over who was like the totally awesomest. Piotr shook his head Just great my favorite type of people

Raya: Raya laughed, nodding as she followed the group. "Does that mean we can throw shoes at each other, like the UN?" she called jokingly to Jason. "If he's here illegally he probably wouldn't be on the first floor."

rachel: Rachel ran a hand through her hair after the draft Jay created, attempting to get it to sit right again. She followed the others toward the building, slightly wishing someone would pop up and stab her so she wouldn't have to hear the sound of Monet.

Piotr: Piotr gently crept to the railing in an attempt to get a look at his revered guests

Piotr: The floor creaked slightly under his muscular frame.

Anna: "Ooo a penny!" Anna dived on it, "Mine!"

Monet: Monet looked up at the creak and flew up to see whoever was peering down on them. "Spying is rude."

Anna: Oooh and it was shiny. She watched the light reflect off it.

Jay: Jay grinned, perfectly imitating Monet's voice. "Oooh, look, a bug on my Prada!"

Raya: Raya cocked her head at the creak, looking up, but losing her concentration on the sound at Jay's imitation. "I like you already, Jay."

Anna: Anna snorted at Jay's impression, "That's uncanny! Do it again!"

Jason: "Yes, throw all of the shoes you want." Jason was sure that they could do a good deal of damage. "And I am one to talk. I thought I've been behaving myself actually. This is my good." He stopped, looking up as Monet seemed to be greeting who might be their prey. "Rude but probably a better form of entertainment than what one would usually find here."

Monet: "You lack humor, Joshua." Her attention turned back to the man. "Who are you?"

Piotr: Piotr looked at the group Well they don't all look Richie Rich, but at least that one certainly was "I beg thy pardon madam," Piotr said in his best faux ettiquite, "But it's you who are being rude coming into my pad."

Piotr: "I might ask you the same question M'lady."

Monet: "You are mistaken. I have not entered your 'pad'. I'm still in the street. Or, rather, the air above the street."

Jason: "I'm sorry, I doubt you own this building." Okay, who thought it was a good idea to send Jason on a mission to pick up people? Xavier must have been half asleep when he got him for driving.

Raya: "Hey! Can you come down from there? Please?" Raya called, assuming talking with Monet alone would get them nowhere fast.

Piotr: "Squatters rule my friend...no one was here when I got here...finders keepers."

Monet: "Jason! Would you like to come meet the trespasser?"

Jason: "And we're very delighted to not have to keep it." Jason smiled, stepping closer.

Piotr: Piotr looked over at another one of them who seemed to have basic social graces, "Sure thing, be down in a second."

Monet: "Finders keepers? And Jason thought we were childish."

Jay: Jay pulled a face at Monet as she flew, before grinning at Anna. He manuvred himself in front of the new guy, his wings working to keep him airbourne and arms folded.

Jason: "Sticks and stones, sticks and stones."

Raya: "Thanks!" Raya smiled up at them, hair blowing in the little breeze Jay's wings kicked up. "No whips and chains, Jason?"

Piotr: Piotr leapt from the railing making quite a ruckus as he kicked up quite a cloud of smoke as he landed.

Jay: "Seems to prefer politeness to bitchiness, lady." Jay smirked at the girl, before heading down to land. "Wow, big guy."

rachel: She snickered at Jay's impression and glanced at the guy, putting in, "Feel free to ignore her. We all try to."

Anna: "Oh no... another tall one... I'm gonna stand with Raya...." Anna shuffled over to the other girl.

Piotr: "Yea?, Piotr said curtly.

Jason: "That entirely depends on who is asking." Jason answered Raya. He waved his hand in front of himself, trying to get the dust and...whatnot in the air away from him. "Quite...the impact. Do you have something against your floor?"

Piotr: "According to you Jeeves...it's not mine," Piotr said with a snicker.

Raya: "Oh wow. That's...pretty cool," Raya murmured, backing up a step at the dust cloud, completely unaffected by it in her face. "Hey there," she repeated, quieter now that he was closer.

Jay: Jay snorted. "Ah can hardly say anythin'. Ah lived in a sewer for a while. So...what're you doing here, dude?"

Piotr: "What brings you to Hunt's Point?"

Jason: "Far be it for me to quibble about squatter's rights. Though I must make an acception, not a butler." Jason smiled more. "You named it? Really?"

Raya: "Looking for someone, actually."

Piotr: "Look around preppy...this whole neighborhood is Hunt's Point."

Jason: "Hmm, maybe they'll let loose the hounds sometime."

Piotr: Piotr put an arm around Jason and turned him, "See those ladies over there...they're hookers....tranny hookers at that HA!" Piotr said slapping Jason on the back forgetting his strength for a moment.

Monet: "Are you blind Jason? He's already loose." She flew back down to stand beside him and looked up at the man. "He's just chosen to stay in an area he's not allowed to be in."

rachel: Rachel shook her head. This was going to take forever.

Jay: Jay sighed, running a hand through his pillarbox hair before taking to the air again, whipping up the dust. He so did not have the patience for this any more.

Piotr: "Well if Muffy and Biff here can keep their traps shut....what are you guys doing here in the armpit of hell I call home....currently"

Anna: "Looking for you.... I think." Anna replied, still slightly distracted by her shiny penny.

Raya: "Looking for you," Raya smiled calmly. "We're here to extend an invitation, if you wwant to come with us."

rachel: "I don't think it's possible for them to shut up."

Monet: Monet looked up at the man then at Jason under his arm. "I believe, it would be just Jason in the armpit of hell."

Monet: "You should put your arm down. You need a shower. Quite badly."

Piotr: Piotr got a nervous look suddenly and stepped back towards the door, "Who sent you?....was is Shostepovelik's men?"

Jay: "Trust me, dude. It's a sweet deal they're offerin'."

Jason: "I can't say as I'm surprised by the hookers." Jason winced, that was...well he had a feeling as to what mutty's mutation might be now. "Yes, as you can tell by our friend of the crimson wings and as I can tell by the fact that you've tried to remove my shoulder blade we have something in common."

Raya: "Um. No, it's a school. You should come with us, you get free food and a clean room with cable," she said, curious in the face of the guy's nerves. "We're not out to get you...not in a bad way."

Jason: Freedom! Freedom from the armpit of hell! "So no, not whoever that would be."

Jay: "...The first asshole to say they're blood-coloured gets a ballistic angel kick free of charge."

Piotr: Cable Huh

Piotr: "And where exactly is this school?"

Monet: "Stop being an imbecile. We do not know anyone by the name of Shostepovelik," Monet said in Russian as she rolled her eyes.

Piotr: "I'm an imbecile....yet you are the one wearing name brand multi hundred dollar shoes in the worst neighborhood in NY." Piotr said with a chuckle.

Raya: "Out in Westchester. It's really nice, actually, you should come," Raya said quietly. "Everyone's pretty nice there. Except those two," she pointed vaguely at Jason and Monet.

Monet: "I did not choose to come here. But you are trespassing and apparently, someone wants your ungrateful, completely disgusting self, at our school."

Jason: "Westchester" Jason answered, rubbing his shoulder some. "And nice takes far too long and isn't nearly half as rewarding."

Raya: "Told you."

Jay: Jay folded his arms, rolling his eyes. "Yanno...Ah'm a rich kid from Georgia, and Ah don't act like a spoilt brat."

Jason: "But you do preen your feathers, don't you?"

Anna: "Money is overrated...." Anna mumbled, still looking at her penny and reflecting the light onto Monet's shoes.

Piotr: Piotr spun around and got face to face with Monet and pointed a finger directly in her face, "I've had just about enough of Blair and Chastity over here....if you are all mutes like me, besides our airborn friend what else do you people do?"

Monet: Monet didn't even blink at the sudden movement from the man. "You would rather not have me show you."

Jason: "I think the last thing that could be associated with her is the word chastity."

Jay: "Only to get the shit out, dude." Jay grinned down at Jason. He cocked his head, taking on Monet's voice again. "Well...I can be a bitch sometimes...but give me a nice back scratch and I'm yours."

rachel: "Be careful," she warned the guy as he got in Monet's face, "She's likely to bite, and you don't want whatever she may have."

Raya: "All different sorts of things," Raya answered. "Want to see proof?"

Anna: Anna cracked up at Jay's impression of Monet again. "I like you already!" she told him.

Monet: "No, dear Jay. Give me a nice back rub and I'll make you mine. I belong to no one."

Piotr: "Oh I'm not worried....," Piotr said as suddenly his entire body turned into a bright shining metal...with some spots where it seemed tarnished.

Raya: "Oh wow..."

Piotr: "Let's see her bite through this!"

Jay: "Well sorry, Miss Prada." Jay grinned, still using her voice. "But you're not my type, darling."

Jason: "Be careful, last time I did my impression of her it got me into a world of hurt." Jason laughed at Jay before turning back to Piotr. "...please, we don't need anyone biting some shiny metal ass."

Anna: "Ohhh that's cool! If we get in trouble, he's my new hitchhiking target!" Anna grinned.

Jason: "Just don't plow a car into him?"

Monet: Monet arched an unimpressed eyebrow. "I don't need any fake jewelry or mounts on the wall. And dear, that's all you are to me."

Piotr: "Would you prefer if I kicked the silver spoon farther into your pompous ass?"

rachel: "I don't think it'll go any farther."

Monet: "I like it in my mouth, merci." She grinned. "Step down."

Piotr: "I'm sure among other things."

Jay: Jay dropped his voice at the metal-man. "Wow. Remind me not to try to pick y'all up, dude." He flew over to him to get a better look. "See, everyone gets the cool abilities."

Raya: "Too much information," Raya murmured. "So, other than already clashing with a few of our illustrious mates, you want to come back with us?"

Piotr: Piotr was officially dont talking to those two so he turned to the others, "Sure why not lemme grab my stuff be right back."

Piotr: Piotr walked back into the warehouse.

Jason: "You have stuff? We'll hook up the hose when we get back."

Monet: "That was extremely easy. How sad."

Piotr: "Sooo funny," Piotr's voice echoed from the warehouse.

Anna: "What were you hoping we'd have to smack him around?" Anna raised an eyebrow at Monet.

Jason: "We're just that hard to resist." Jason smirked to Monet.

Monet: "With how he was behaving, it would have been incredibly fun to see him try and hurt me." She grinned at Jason, "Oh darling, we're irresistable."

Raya: "Only if you're a masochist," Rays said dryly at Monet.

Piotr: "sorry cupcake you nor her are my type," Piotr said as he exited the warehouse carrying two trunks on his shoulders.

Jason: "Was that to her or to me? If it was to me then I think I should start believing in God just so I would be able to thank him."

Jay: Jay pushed himself higher with another downsweep aimed specifically at Monet, dust kicking up again. "Makes me wish Ah had my mp3 with me." His voice drifted down.

Piotr: "God is simply Dog backwards as far as I can tell."

Monet: "Oh good, then I don't have to put up with you fawning at my feet." She arched an eyebrow at Jason, "You should thank Him anyway, just in case."

Raya: "I'd ask if you need help, but I doubt I'd be much good," Raya chuckled at Piotr. "I'm Raya. You got a name?"

Anna: "Careful who you say that to." Anna warned the new guy, brushing her fingers over the small silver crucifix around her neck.

Monet: Monet closed her eyes and flew up with the force of wind, making sure she wouldn't fall. She turned in the air to face Jay, "That was not very nice. I have not done anything to you yet."

Jason: "Well, I'm sure that the school will help you grasp greater concepts." Jason started towards the door, ready to be out of here. "And you're right, I should probably cover my bases. Thank God....no it feels horrible in my throat."

Jay: "Yeah you have." Jay smiled easily. "You asked me if Ah killed my family." With that, he swooped under her, circling over the crowd below. "Hey! We done here, y'all? Ah wanna get home."

Piotr: "I allow all to beleive as they like...as long as they do the same with me...I'm Piotr."

Jason: "How terribly gracious of you. I feel so very free."

Jay: "Name's Jay." Jay grinned down. "Would offer mah hand but don't wanna get it crushed, no offence."

Monet: "Because if you had killed them I would kill you. How was I supposed to know you lived there? All you said was you were there and that was how you got the scars. It could have easily been someone protecting their home from you."

Raya: "We're all pretty cool with the beliefs thing," Raya smiled. "Good to meet you, Piotr," she offered him her hand, small as it was, but with a genuine smile.

Monet: Monet landed softly on her feet. "Monet," she said to the new guy and moved towards the van. "Let's get out of this hell hole, shall we?"

Piotr: Piotr placed the trunks into the van as best he could then reverted back to flesh and blood, "Sorry forget when I change sometimes."

Anna: "I'm Anna," She told the guy, "And don't worry too much about breaking somone's bones by accident - that's what I'm here for." She grinned.

Piotr: Piotr took Raya's hand and looked her over for a moment, "Errr...nice to make your acquaintence."

Raya: "Same goes," she said. "Don't worry about the beliefs thing. Everyone's different. Some just more so than others."

Jason: "Surely, and quickly I'm thinking." Jason got back behind the driver's seat. "Just try not to put on your armour of dog while in the van. Might give it a bit of an issue I'd imagine."

Monet: Monet climbed back in the passenger seat.

Jay: Jay didn't even acknowledge Monet's speech. He didn't want to be as angry as he'd been burying Jill again. Not yet. He pushed up into the air. "Ah'm flyin'!" He called down.

Monet: "Don't get lost," she called up.

Anna: Anna got back into the van, wishing she could control her teke long enough to fly on the trip back. Didn't like being in the same place as Monet.

Jay: "Not likely." Jay muttered, a good fifty feet and climbing. "Not with your whining."

Piotr: Piotr looked toward Raya and Anna and smirked slightly.

Raya: Raya waved up to Jay as he gained height, climbing back into the van with the others. "So. Piotr...Russian, right? I think..."

Jason: "So, who would like to get back a bit quicker? I know I would."

Piotr: "Da...I mean yes...I speak it but I've been out of any culturally russian area for many years."

Monet: "The quicker the better, darling."

Anna: "Quick is good, Jason," Anna replied with a smile, "I think I said that already." Need to get back inside somewhere safe. Hope Wade isn't working...

Jason: Jason smirked, starting up the corner and putting the police cruiser illusion over the van before speeding off. That would at least earn them some space on the road.

Piotr: Piotr looked dead into the rear view mirror, "ARE WE THERE YET!"

Raya: "I don't speak it but for a couple words...but I've got enough other languages to more than compensate. Pretty cool though." She covered one ear at the yell, shaking her head at the noise.

Anna: Anna winced at the yell and fought to keep herself together. Notrightnowgodno!

Monet: <Shut up or I will push you out of this van myself.>

Piotr: Piotr looked at Raya and Anna, "Sorry that was meant for them."

Jason: "Don't tempt me into getting rid of your voice."

Monet: "Oh yes, please do."

Raya: "Okay, no more shouting in my ear, hm? Kinda hurts when you do that." Raya pushed her hair back, but smiled lightly.

Monet: She looked over at Jason, "I would give you that trip to Europe you wanted before."

Anna: "Not good with sudden noises.... or surprises in general right now...." Anna replied, "Please don't do that again."

Jason: "...really now?" Jason looked up briefly.

Piotr: Piotr nodded sheepishly to Anna

Monet: "I would."

Jason: Jason smirked wickedly. "It would only be polite to show what else I could do, wouldn't it?"

Monet: "We'll work out the details later. It wouldn't be the exact same deal, you realize."

Raya: "Not while you're driving," Raya settled into her seat, crossing her arms around one bent knee. "Can you wait till we're actually back at the school and stopped? Please?"

Monet: Monet frowned, "What in the world are you talking about, Raya?"

Jason: "Oh, of course." Jason nodded to Monet. "Why wait? I've already got one illusion going, another wouldn't hurt at all."

Raya: "Jason showing off."

Monet: "He can drive and illusion more than one thing at the same time. He's quite talented."

Jason: "Why thank you, Monet."

Monet: "Pas d' problème.."

Piotr: <r> I somehow forsee this is not the last time I shall butt heads with well these two buttheads.<r>

Raya: "No idea what you just said."

Monet: "He's being rude."

Piotr: "Don't worry bout it...regardless I'm sure you agree."

Jason: "To be certain." Jason agreed with Monet, pressing down on the gas more as cars finally got over for him. Really, this was the only way to drive.

Raya: "To you? Who would ever do that?"

Piotr: <r> "Rudeness begets rudeness, princess." <r>

Monet: "Oh no, he was speaking about you, darling." She grinned at her white lie and ignored the lunkhead.

Piotr: Piotr looked at Raya and knew she didn't beleive this overly pampered poodle in prada...cheap prada.

StAnna: Anna sighed and started tapping a foot. Want to be home now.....

Raya: "I'm nowhere near your darling, but thank you anyway," she smiled dryly at Monet. "You okay, Anna?"

Monet: "Darling, nothing I buy is cheap. But you wouldn't know the difference between real and knock-offs anyway."

Piotr: Apparently neither do you

StAnna: "Huh? No... er.... wait... what was the question?" Anna blinked at Raya.

Raya: "I asked if you were okay. You look a little razzed," she supplied.

Monet: "You really are a child aren't you?" She looked over at Jason, "It would help to turn off his brain as well." Monet smiled contently as she put her shields up so tight nothing could get through.

StAnna: "I...er.. I don't know... I think... I just want to be home now...."

Piotr: <r> "You'd think with all that money your parents could have afforded to teach you If you have nothing nice to say don't say anything at all." <r>

Jason: "But then there would be drool and lose of bodily control...so not really that big of a change." Jason reached up, shutting the illusioned gate between the front and the back. A barrier was a nice thing.

Monet: "Ah thank you. That is much better." She grinned at Jason, "He really doesn't know who he's dealing with does he?"

Jason: "Not all of the players on the board can be up to our level of play." He sighed, just shaking his head as he finally got to the main road.

Piotr: "So....tell me more about this school, with free food and cable," Piotr said to the two sitting on either side of him.

Raya: "The kitchen's always stocked, and open all the time, with...practically everything. A few of us will cook stuff during the week and leave it in the fridge," she explained. "And the TV's in the rec room. Again, always open, though you might have ti fight someone for the remote. Other than that, and all of us being mutants, it's pretty normal. Classes, grades, everything."

Piotr: "Classes...I knew there was a catch," Piotr said with a smirk.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

"That's the wonderful thing about narcoleptic parapelegic telepaths. They can deliver driving instructions much better than any GPS system ever dreamed of."
:LOL

Wish we'd had him in Texas....

[Edited on 15-8-2009 by Slarti]
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ferguson »

Monet: Monet leaned back in the passenger seat, barely paying attention to where Jason was driving. Not like it would phase her if they wrecked anyway. "What's the name of this one then? Something about a crater, right? Did she drop in from space then?"

Miranda: Miranda played nervously with the ends of her hair. Why had she thought this was a good idea again? She'd been listening to Remy too much apparently.

Jason: "Not sure about space but I'm rather amused about the crater." Jason smirked, turning off on the exit for the NYU campus. "Emma something. Frost, that's it right?" He looked back to the others for verification.

Hector: "Yeah, Frost..." He said from the back seat.

Monet: "I recognize that name... Hmm."

Miranda: Miranda caught his eyes in the rear view mirror and shrugged. "Hey... maybe it'd be a good idea if you whammied us into other people... you know, with Graydon here and all? Especially if this Emma chick is a mutant."

Monet: "Whammied? Are you at all educated?" Monet arched an eyebrow and glanced back at the girl.

Hector: "I don't think Graydon will try anything..." He mused to himself, And if he does... well, probably why me and Monet are here anyway...

Jason: "Certainly a good idea despite the questionable term." Jason agreed, speeding around a pizza delivery guy. Yes, they were getting close to campus. "And you never know, I'd imagine."

Miranda: Miranda rolled her eyes and looked out the window.

Jason: "People. do not know. how to drive!" Jason barely resisted the temptation to lay on the horn, glaring his best death glare at the little old lady in front of him instead.

Monet: "She can't hear you," she said casually as she looked down to make sure she didn't have a hangnail.

Jason: "My vocalizations are solely for my own benefit." His gestures, however, were not.

Monet: "Because it helps you do what?"

Jason: "To not go on a killing spree."

Monet: "But that could be fun to watch."

Miranda: It'd been nice and quiet at home in New Mexico... why had she come back again? Bored, Miranda looked over at her own seat companion. "So... how'd they talk you into tagging along for this?"

Hector: He kept his eyes on the window, bored and a little underwelmed at the 'rescue mission' they were on. He turned to Miranda, "Was this or brat duty, and one of the girls at camp keeps following me around...." He grinned at her, "How bout you?"

Miranda: Her nose wrinkled. She'd managed to avoid the kids so far. "Well... it's NYU. Since I, like, go there... until last spring, anyway, I guess." Miranda shrugged. "I dunno."

Jason: "When are we getting rid of the kids, anyway?" Jason had taken to hiding from them for the most part. He and children weren't really a wise combination if the truth was to be told. Maybe that's why he kept driving on these things, Xavier wanted to keep him away from impressionable youth. He pulled off into the first school parking lot, giving the woman one final glare as he did.

Monet: "Hopefully soon. The fat one likes me I think." She gave a tiny shudder and unbuckled when Jason put the car in park. "Where are we supposed to find this one? Do we know where she's supposed to be about now? Or do I have to find her myself?"

Hector: "No idea. Guess we can find the hole in the ground, and look around there." He grinned at her as he unbuckled himself and slide the van door open.

Jason: "I think we need to find that hole even if we find her before. I think I want pictures."

Monet: "Of a woman shaped hole in the concrete? Of course you would."

Miranda: Miranda climbed out of the van after Hector and looked around, blinking in the light. Students bustled everywhere -- moving in, moving out, doing what she would be doing if she wasn't a mutant... or if she hadn't been dating the young Hitler.

Hector: Hec slid the door back shut, "Ok... which way to the crater? We can just ask around, let the students point us in the right direction...."

Jason: "It's not every day you have the opportunity for that. It's really quite...unique." Jason made sure the illusions were in place before stepping away from the van. "She'd be in classes now? Feeling anyone with residual embarassment at causing a giant crack?"

Monet: "No. But that doesn't mean I won't. She could be across campus. Let's walk and see if we find anything or if I pick up anything."

Hector: "Sounds good." He turned to Miranda, "You wanna lead the way around campus? Your home turf."

Emma: Emma was bored. Sitting in the useless business class, she was reading the students minds for entertainment. The closeted jock is crushing on the small nerd two rows ahead of him.

Emma: It was much more entertaining than the middle aged slightly balding man who was babbling about supply and demand or some other useless dribble

Jason: Jason eyed the students around them, thinking he saw a familiar face here or there from the FoH rallies but, thankfully, they wouldn't be recognized by them. "Let's hope crater girl has some interesting thoughts. Not exactly looking forward to staying around here long."

Monet: Monet opened her mind wide, trying not to get a headache from all of the voices invading, but she wanted to find this crater... A few of the students were hiding paniced thoughts about it. And others were stressing over a test they hadn't studied for. And occasionally one or two would be thinking about food or sex. How odd that it was so rare. Especially on a college campus. Anyway...

Monet: "This way." Monet followed in the direction a thought had lead her, hoping to find the crater and go from there.

Jason: "Tally ho." Jason would be very surprised if he wasn't hit for that one but followed anyway.

Hector: Hec braught up the rear, following the others, "If we get this done quick, I could probably turn a profit before we head back..." He grinned and eyed the kids as they passed by.

Monet: Monet ignored Jason, no sense causing a scene and she had work to do.

Jason: "I'm not sure what it says about the school trying to sell to people while we're getting new students...probably make us a good deal more popular."

Emma: Emma really wanted out of this class. Though the jocks thoughts were incredibly entertianing and the ones she was getting from the cheerleader were hilarious. It really was a tough choice as to which frat house to go to tonight.

Hector: "Yeap, I'm an ambasator to a whole new group of people for us." He gave Jason a wink.

Jason: "Truly the light of a generation." Jason muttered, scanning the crowd...until he sees a section of sidewalk roped off. "Ha! Here it is!"

Monet: Monet arched an eyebrow at the woman sized crater. "Wow." She looked around and searched more thoughts. "Business class. Business building is this way."

Jason: Jason looked up from his phone as he took the picture he wanted. "Found her? Well then, who knew this could count as a footprint."

Hector: "Lead on." He pulled his cell phone out and took a picture as well. "Maybe I should take a business class..."

Jason: "You're already self-employed."

Hector: "Yeah... But couldn't hurt... Might find a more profitable way to expand." He grinned.

Monet: "Hush you two." Monet pushed into the building and paused, focusing on picking up Emma's brain waves.

Emma: Emma was busy hearing the pros and cons of the different frat houses when she heard a voice call out to her.

Monet:

Hector: "I think she's doing her brain thing at the moment..." He said to Jason as they walked down the hallways.

Emma:

Monet:

Emma:

Jason: "Something tells me you're right." Jason just shook his head, following behind. "Nothing like a mental game of marco polo I suppose."

Monet: Monet started moving again, heading towards the mind. Tracing it like a dog on the hunt, ironically. Monet had made sure everyone with her was properly shielded by her own mind from Emma. She wasn't sure what kind of telepath this girl was yet and she wasn't about to find out the hard way.

Hector: "Yeah... " He looked into the rooms as they passed. "You know... Me and you could have a field day here at some point.... No telling how much chaos we could cause on a normal college campus...." He thought out loud idly.

Emma: Emma quietly grabbed her prada bag and left the classroom.

Monet: Monet was waiting outside the door, arms crossed and smirk on her face. "Now how did you make such a large hole in the pavement?"

Jason: "We do so well at an abnormal college campus I'm sure it would be magnified anywhere else." Well, there were probably some things that they got away with at Xaviers that wouldn't exactly fly here but still. "Oh, is Marco Polo over?"

Monet: "Meet Emma Frost. Emma, this is Jason, Hector, and Miranda."

Emma: Emma tried to look amused, but it was hard with the company she was now standing with. "Hi..." She said trying to seem interested in the people. "The crater was a manifestation of a power I really didn't know I had. It showed up a few weeks ago."

Hector: "Seems so..." Not bad... He grinned, "Hola... Yeah... That happens..."

Monet: "It hasn't to me. It would seem Miss Frost doesn't have control of her powers." She smirked, "You get to come with us. There's a narcoleptic bald man in a wheelchair just dying to meet you and try and help you with this."

Jason: "Oh that doesn't make us sound like some creepy underground sex slave ring at all."

Monet: "What, you don't like it, Jason?" She grinned over her shoulder at him. "I thought you would like Emma here as a sex slave."

Jason: "You're not supposed to tip her off until she's in the big white van."

Emma: "Wait, I have control of my telepathy, but that whole turning into a giant gemstone is a pain in the ass." Turning to Jason she just looked him up and down. "Um...no."

Monet: "Yes. That is exactly my point. You do not have control."

Hector: "He doesn't really look like that. It's actually much worse..." He pointed out.

Monet: Monet frowned and glanced over at Jason, "Drop the illusions."

Jason: "Trust me, at the moment looks are a bit decieving." Jason defended himself on impulse....then turned to glare at Hector. "At least I don't double as an under the epidermis anatomy lesson."

Jason: Jason blinked at Monet's request...but the hall was pretty well empty. He stepped away from the door just in case and let the illusions slip off.

Emma: "So, you want me to come with you, where?"

Hector: "Hey, I got that under wraps." He grinned. "Oh it's a great place..."

Monet: "Much better. Merci." She turned back to Emma, "And now you know what we really look like. To our school out in Westchester."

Jason: "It occurs to us that making a dent in the same campus a certain organization is headquartered in might not be the best thing for you. We're here to offer you an alternative."

Emma: "Well you aren't wrong. I skipped classes all last week and went to the penthouse until things died down. So what the hell is this place all about?"

Monet: "All of us there are mutants. It's a school like any other beyond that fact. And those who need help with their powers, I.E. you can recieve that there as well."

Hector: "Yeah, and besides, the campus is much nicer than this place..."

Emma: "Well there are a hell of alot of nicer campuses than this shit hole. You suck at this selling things you know that?"

Emma: "Not to be rude or anything."

Monet: "I'm not selling. I could care less if you come."

Jason: "We're not who they usually let do this. Maybe Xavier thought the two of you would bond since you have the same handgags." Jason nodded to Monet's purse.

Hector: "Yeah, we arn't the pep squad." He grinned, Wonder what she's got in the bag...

Monet: Monet promptly hit him in the stomach with said 'handgag', eyes still on Emma. "Are you coming or not? If you don't like it, we can arrange to send you back. Unlike most high-fashion retail, you are fully returnable."

Jason: ((*Handbag! Hand bag ><))

Monet: (( LOL aww but it was funny!))

Emma: Emma looked over to Monet and smiled. "Well, I was going to say that you have a fantastic outfit. Way better than most I've seen. And alright I will check this place out. It can't be anyworse than this shit hole I'm going to here."

Jason: ((leave it in the log as a freudian slip))

Monet: ((LOL woo!))

Monet: "I have the money to be able to. It's a blessing and never a curse." She smirked and turned around, heading for the door. "Let's go. Mission accomplished. I'm done here."

Emma: "Well since I won't be back here even if I hate your school. Just a moment." Emma walked back into the classroom and looked up to the nerd. "Okay, that pretty boy jock two rows up likes you. And you skanky cheerleader, don't go to the frathouse, you don't need anymore bloating due to alcohol."

Emma: Walking back out she joined the group. "Alright let's get the hell out of here."

Monet: "Classy," Monet murmured as she rolled her eyes.

Emma: "I heard that."

Monet: "Good."

Emma: "I'm starting to actually like you a little. Though that will probably change."

Hector: "Ha... Well, yeah, it does..." He grinned, and followed the girls out.

Emma: "And you creep me out a little."

Monet: "Stay out of my way and you won't have to worry about it." She pushed the doors open and made her way back to the van.

Jason: "He does most people."

Emma: "Oh honey, me staying out of your way won't be a problem, it will be you staying out of mine."

Monet: "My turf, my rules, Miss Priss."

Hector: "How long till we get a cat fight?" He said quietly to Jason.

Jason: "Hopefully they at least wait until we're there. I'd hate to have to concentrate on driving."

Emma: "You won't get to see one if you keep acting creepy like that you little churo."

Hector: "Ha... See, I know you think you're amazing with your powers... But you're just another telepath to the rest of us." He grinned at her. "And you're not even the best of the bunch."
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ferguson »

Jason: Pilfered Chinese leftovers in hand, Jason wandered into the rec room, devouring his ill-gotten gain and claiming a seat. "Nice and quiet, did someone lock the mini-mutants in a closet or something?"

Emma: Emma sauntered into the rec room and had a seat in one of the chairs. "God I hope so. I didn't know when I signed up for this place I would have to deal with children."

Jason: "They'll be gone soon enough." Jason assured her. "If you frighten them enough the first go they won't bother you much later." Sometimes ...actually all the time, illusions were a good thing.

Hepzibah: Hepzibah wandered into Rec Room. "Oh, hey Jason." She turned to an unfamilar face. Well, the new semester was about to begin. Probably be seeing a lot of new faces. "Hi, I'm Hepzibah," she nodded at the newcomer.

Emma: "Hi. I'm Emma." She said nodding back at Hepzibah.

Jason: "Scratch her behind the ears and you'll never get rid of her." Jason looked back to warn Emma. "She's murder on black pants."

Emma: "I could tell." She said looking over to Hepzibah. "I take it you are used to this idiots banter? Cause it still annoys me." She said glaring over at Jason.

Hepzibah: "He grows on you, like mold." Hepzibah grinned at Emma. "And keep that up - I'll yak a furball into your slippers," she smiled sweetly. Perching on the back of the sofa, she looked around. "So, where is everybody?"

Jason: "I'm my own kind of charming, I assure you." Jason was going to have to make sure he stowed away anything that he didn't want to find a furball in though because he knew what his brand of charm earned him. "No idea, makes me nervous when this place gets quiet. Makes me think we should prepare for another zombie apocalypse or something."

J: J wandered nervously to the door. Looking back quickly to the kids in the car, he turned to the large door and knocked loudly 3 times.

Hepzibah: Hepz was about to speak again when she heard the door. "Who could that be this time of night??" Most of the students wouldn't bother knocking at all. Her fur ruffed slightly in apprehension as her tail ticked slightly.

Jason: "Put your hackles down, I doubt anyone who was up to anything too sinister would take the time to knock." Well, that wasn't true. If Jason was going to be up to something he would probably knock. It was a good idea really. He got up though, heading to answer the door.

Emma: Emma decided to follow Jason to the door. It had been a very slow day, and she needed some excitement. "I'll come with you, you charmer you."

Jason: "Now see, you're even beginning to play along. That's how I start."

J: J knocked again, "Come on..." He shifted nervously. Lights are still on... someone's got to be home....

Hepzibah: Hepzibah slowly followed, stopping in the hallway, just out of sight. Good news always comes at decent hour...

Jason: "I promise, you'll find the process enjoyable." Jason opened the door and turned to their late-night guest.

Jason: "Can I help you?"

J: "Um... Yeah... I... You don't look old enough for kids... Are your parents home?" He asked nervously and a bit confused.

Hepzibah: She couldn't resist a peal of laughter as she eaves dropped. Even without her hyper hearing, this guy did not sound like a threat. "No, we're just playing school around here. It's a real animal house." She stepped out from hiding, wondering if he'd run away screaming or faint dead away.

J: He saw Hepz step out behind Jason, "Oh dear..." His knees buckled... Another one... "Oh... Ok... I... uh, found some kids... One of them said they were from here..." He wiped his hand up and down his arm.

Jason: "...you mean we've unleashed them on the public and didn't give you time to arm? That was rude of us."

Hepzibah: "Oh Christ! Don't tell me the camp kids made a break for it." Hepz stepped out. "And I'll bet the ring leader was a little green kid with a big mouth, right??"

Emma: "That's the one that tried to get me to play with them." Emma said with a smirk.

J: "Uh... Yeah... They smashed my car... And I dont think any of them had a drivers liscense..." He stepped to the side to show the smashed up car. "Yeah... He was the one that gave me the directions back here...."

Jason: Now, Jason wasn't as socially inept to think it was approproiate to start laughing at this. This didn't stop him, however.

Emma: Emma immediately slapped Jason on the arm. "Shut up." Turning to the man at the door. "Sorry, we don't normally let him out of his room."

Hepzibah: "They smashed up your-" She did a face palm. "They were driving? Driving what?" Please let it be a school van, those things are indestructable... She bit her lip to keep from Jason laugh spreading to her. "It's not funny, Jason." But a tickled grin pulled at her lips.

Jason: "Oh it on'y took her, what, a day before she slapped me? That might be a new record." Jason was smiling, quite proud of that. "You'll have to excuse me. I'm easily amused. So, what do you say we at least relieve you of your unwanted children. We're not abortionists but we'll do."

J: "Ah..." He nodded to Emma, and then to Hepz, "Um... Was a 'Vette... Was a nice one... I can show you guys where it's at if you want to try salvaging it..."

J: "Yeah... They are right down here..." He turned and lead them down to the car.

J: J opened the passenger side door with the sleeping Leech inside, and opened the backdoor to reveal the piled bodies of the 2 girls and the pink kid.

Jason: "Yeah, I'm afraid we have to claim them. I was in hopes you had the wrong ones."

Hepzibah: "What the Hell happened to them??" She picked up Artie in her arms, "Why are they out cold?" She eyed the new comer a bit suspiciously.

Jason: "You're complaining?"

J: "Ah... yeah... I uh, think the 3 in back might need medical attention... specially that one..." He pointed to Sally, "She was driving, got hurt the most... but the 3 in the back tried to run, and all passed out." He paused for a moment, "I.. I think a few of them are mutants...." He said quietly.

Emma: "Who would have thought that they are mutants? Lets get them inside." Emma said as she grabbed one of the kids in her arms and started to carry them into the mansion.

Jason: "...they aren't prone to keeling over randomly. I sure as hell wish they were."

Emma: "We wouldn't get that lucky."

J: "Yeah... Not sure what happened... But ya know... Best not to take them to the hospital... specially the 2 boys..." He shrugged and reached in and grabbed Sally out of the back seat, "I'll uh.. help carry them in... Just lead the way..."

Jason: "Will do." Jason nodded, doing just that.

Hepzibah: "We have our own medical facilities here - " It suddenly hit her that they had no idea what this guy's name was. "You got a name?" She shift Arties dead weight a bit as they came back into the foyer.

J: "Oh right, I beg your pardon... My name is John Graves... But I go by J. Like the letter..." He grunted a bit under the weight, but carried on.

Jason: "Well, I'd say it's a pleasure to meet you but considering the circumstances it would sort of be a laughing statement."

J: "Yeah..." He smiled nervously. "So... What is this place?" He asked as they went down the corridors and hallways.

Emma: "Don't ask me, I'm extremely new here. Ask the charismatic idiot over here." Emma said pointing to Jason.

Hepzibah: "No place a 'normal' would be interested in." She looked over the thoroughly human looking guy.

Jason: "She pleads ignorance yet calls the pereson you must turn to an idiot. That must fill you with such confidence." Jason laughed, hoping that Xavier's telepathic voodoo was strong enough to counteract how completely suspicous they were being before launching into the 'approved excuse' of the school.

J: "Yeah..." He shied away from the predatory cat woman. "Quite a few... mutants..." He said quietly.

Jason: Well, he might not buy that they were some cloister but, yes, hopefully the force was with Xavier.

Hepzibah: "Is that a problem??" Hepz stopped and turned on J. She would not be made to feel out of place in her own home.

J: "I'm sorry... that came out wrong..." He milled nervously, "I uh.. No... Have just never met another before...." He shied away again from the combative feline and continued following the others down the hall.

Jason: "...another?"

Emma: "He means he's a mutant idiot."

Emma: "He was sending mental signals of it constantly."

Hepzibah: "You know, Emma...we got to learn to communicate." Her expression was almost comic.

Emma:

Emma:

J: "Yeah... I am... but no one knows... so... you cant tell anyone...." He said hurridly.

Jason: "Some of us would rather pull a confession out rather than have you announce it, crater." Jason's eyes rolled. "Don't worry, what, do you think we're going to feed the kids to the pitbulls out back or something?"

J: "I... No.. I don't know... Maybe? I just wasn't going to ask..." His face went flush, and then pale again in an instant.

Hepzibah: Hepzibah laid Artie down on a sofa in the rec room. "Here, give me Sally. I'll take her to the med lab." Good God, she was heavier than she looked. She looked from Jason and Emma to J. "You want some coffee or something?" It was a pretty crappy olive branch, but it was something.

J: "Yeah... That'd be good." He nodded, handing the girl off, and then slumped into a chair, slightly out of breathe.

Jason: "Right, coffee then." Jason slipped off for the kitchen.

Hepzibah: "You know, he could have at least offered to carry her for me." Hepzibah shook her head. "But, then I'd be looking for pods down in the basement." She lugged Sally towards the med lab. "Be right back..."

J: "I'm sor..." He started as Hepz left, flushed again. "So... You read my mind earlier? Is everyone here a mutant?" He asked Emma, while trying to catch his breath.

Emma: "Umm... I think so. I'm not really sure, I'm really new here." Emma said with a smile.

J_: "Oh... Wow..." He laid back against the cushion. "Never knew there were this many..." He looked over at her, "How did you all end up here?"

Jason: "Kidnapped, obviously. And really, Emma, if you're going to be nosing around in people's heads you would think you'd have taken the chance to gather facts. Yes, we're all mutants." Jason passed their guest his coffee. "This is a school. Univeristy as we don't usually have the kids you found."

J_: "Ah... " He took the coffee and sipped on it. "I'm home schooled." He took another sip, "I wanted to go to University... But my mother said they wouldnt let me.... cause... you know...."

Jason: "Well, aside for lying and hoping for the best I'd say this is probably the only option out there."

Hepzibah: "Not all of us can just 'lie' about being a mutant and the Mutant Regisration Act is making it harder for even the most normal looking mutant to hide." Hepzibah came back into the room, smirking.

Jason: "Didn't say you could. Not all of us speaks inclusively all the time." Jason smirked back at her though. "Coffee?"

J_: "Well yeah... No one even knows about me... But itd be bad if anyone found out..." He drank some more. "Do you think... Never mind." He took another drink.

Hepzibah: "Yes, and an aspirin. I think I pulled something." She put her hand on the small of her back, sitting down. "Do we think...what?" She groaned a tiny bit, trying to get comfortable.

Jason: "Didn't think to pop pills while you were down there?" Jason just slid the cup over, digging to see if he had any aspirin.

Hepzibah: "Didn't start hurting till I got back up here. I think my back was in shock up till then." she grinned at him, waiting for the aspirin.

J_: "Oh.. Nothing." He finished the last of his cup, and looked in a bit suprisedly. "I was just thinking... Do you think... That I could apply here?... Is there a recruiting officer to talk to?...." He asked.

Jason: "We'll get you a meeting. If he snores and sort of rolls away you're in."

J_: "Ah..." He started to say something, and stopped. "Ok... Thanks." He smiled, "I'll still have to call my mom... She's gonna kill me when she finds out about the car...."
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ferguson »

Monet: Monet frowned at Hank and put her hands on her hips as he walked away to finish off his work. Well, damn. She started heading for the doors. Stupid doctor-patient confidentiality. All Dr. McCoy had been able to tell her was that the operation went fine and Mayhem hadn't died on the operating table. Thank you, Dr. Obvious.

Jason: Stepping out of the DR, Jason felt quite happy about the freshly designed program. There was something refreshing about Zombie Jesus Attack under the lable of McCoy Assignment 1 that he was sure was going to earn a pretty good reaction. "Well, imagine seeing you here. Back from getting your fangs filed?"

Monet: Monet's mind was going a mile a minute, trying to figure out another way to find out how Mayhem was doing without talking to him or anyone who would tell him she'd asked. She was supposed to not care. Unfortunately, she was so busy thinking, she wasn't paying attention to the other mind signature until he spoke. She jumped a tiny bit, startled, then gave him a glare, "Oh hush, mouse. Go find some cheese."

Jason: "Mouse? Well that's certainly not your usual fare." Jason tsked. "And that also just opens up to lewd and enjoyble things that cheese could be. Now what has gotten you off of your game? I'll be terribly upset if you'll be like this for long."

Monet: "Yes, mouse. Because you are tiny and inconsequential." She arched an eyebrow, "And why would you care what has put me 'off of my game'? Or how long I would be 'off of it'?"

Jason: "Because then my inevitable win is simply too easy!" Jason couldn't have that! "You have to at least be able to put up some form of struggle for any of this to be enjoyable."

Monet: "So sorry that my distracted behaviour makes you feel like you've won by default. However, I did not know we were playing a game, so apparently, I would lose anyway."

Jason: "Oh trying to depress me is just a low blow. Though the fake apology is more your style so I must commend you that extra little step." Jason gave her a golf clap to show his appreciation.

Monet: Monet rolled her eyes at the golf clap, "Oh thank you so very much. I do not know what I would ever do without your appreciation." She brushed past him and started for the elevator. "Just what are you doing here?"

Jason: "You'd wither and die, obviously. I'm being quite the humanitarian right now." Jason gladly stepped on the elevator as well. "Just leaving a gift for the more dilligent students who decide to get a jump start on some of the assignments with the DR."

Jason: "And yourself?"

Monet: "Like that new arrogant 'wannabe'? What was his name?" Monet thought for a moment then shrugged, "Nevermind, I do not care to remember or be reminded." She glanced over at him as they started going up to the main floor. "Checking in with the good doctors."

Jason: "Well, if I'm right on the one you mean I somehow doubt his dilligence extends to actually doing the work. Hopefully someone will." Jason pouted slightly as he considered his work going unappreciated. "Oh? And to think, I was only joking about the fang sharpening."

Monet: "Are you asking to be a 'victim', Jason?" She arched an eyebrow, "Do you have a vampire fetish that no one knows about?" She smirked, "Oh, I think this shall be a wonderous thing to share. I do so think St. John would appreciate knowing."

Jason: "The last thing I am is a victim." His eyes rolled. "And I was more playing with you being venomous than anything. The vampirism is strictly an added connotational bonus."

Monet: "Oh I am completely venomous. But it's not my bite you have to worry about." She smirked and stepped off the elevator. "I was on my way for coffee in the city. This place is getting very cramped. Would you care to join me?"

Jason: "Well, I don't really have to be concerned about how you spread any other kind of venom, do I?" Jason smirked back, following. "Any chance of getting out is most assuredly welcome and quickly taken. It would be a pity if I were left to entertain myself, after all."

Monet: "It wouldn't be quite the pity for me that I'm sure you would think it would be. I quite enjoy the thought of you pouting and being upset because I'm not around to entertain you." She pulled her keys out and headed for the garage, "I sustain you. If I were not here, you would die of boredom. I'm still not sure how you survived until I arrived."

Jason: "Through cruelity and maliciousness...so actually things haven't changed all that much. I wouldn't want you to flatter yourself too terribly much but I have done this to people in the past. You just don't hit me as often as they did."

Monet: "Of course not. I save it for when you really deserve it, then I completely beat your ass to a bloody pulp." She grinned at the memory and unlocked her car, getting in and putting the top down. "Conserve my energy, you see."

Jason: "Well, then consider myself appreciative." He grinned back, sliding into the passenger's seat and settling in. "Wouldn't want to overwork the good doctors, after all."

Monet: Monet snorted a bit, "No, no of course not. They get enough work as it is. Can't have you becoming a usual patient as well." She pulled out of the garage and tore down the driveway, letting the wind blow her hair. "Unless you would like to be. Then I would gladly schedule you for a completely legal beating every week in the Danger Room."

Jason: "Oh you would play dominatrix for me?" Jason faked a most ridiculous delighted look, clapping again. "Well, that is a relief because I had no idea who I was going to have to talk into that." Okay, enough of that joke. "What's this 'as well' you refer to?"

Monet: Monet rolled her eyes at the clap again and turned a sharp corner so he would get thrown just a bit. "What do you mean? For one, there's Mayhem. For another, all of the babies that have popped up the past few months. Or rather, out."

Jason: "I just wanted to see if there was a specific person you were refering to with the 'as well'. I doubt you're really concerned with what is popping out of any of the student bodies as far as offspring is concerned."

Monet: "Of course not. There are several people the doctors treat quite frequently. I was not referring to one specific person." She smirked, "No. I'm not concerned at all beyond them keeping their miniature drool-factories away from me. I do not like children."

Jason: "Well, who does? I'm fully convinced that the only thing that keeps some child owners happy with them is some sort of drug endorphins released at having created something. But if not the children that leaves one."

Monet: "So then they should create something other people enjoy. Like artwork. Or a better mousetrap." She arched an eyebrow as she pulled up to a light, "One what?"

Jason: "Person that would make up that 'as well'." Jason supplied. He didn't like letting go of any form of a slip of the tongue.

Monet: "I just said a few moments ago that the doctor's treat several people quite frequently. Unless those people stopped going. Then it really would be only one beyond the new mothers."

Jason: "Yes, but they treat several people frequently all the time. The 'as well' would be a pretty superfulous thing to toss onto that sentence if you weren't meaning someone specific."

Monet: "Several of the same people. Not random people."

Jason: "Are we still talking about the medlap, Monet?"

Monet: She looked over at him, slightly confused, "I thought we were. Did you change the subject on me and I didn't notice?"

Jason: Jason blinked, wondering how Monet could actually miss what she had just let come out of her mouth. "Well, I just wanted to make sure we were on the same page as to where random people weren't coming and going."

Monet: "Well, I'm sure the doctors treat several different people daily for abrasions and contusions from the danger room. But I mean they treat some of the same people quite frequently for chronic or recurring issues." She pulled into the parking lot and zipped into a spot.

Jason: "Of course, and you just happened to mention a specific one right off the top of your head."

Monet: "Well, I am more familiar with his condition than many others. But before we went to this 'everyone on every team' thing, I was on the medical team. I had to know who had issues that could cause problems in combat. Asthma, panic attacks, that sort of thing."

Jason: "Oh so you were just down there keeping tabs, were you?"

Monet: "Well why not? We're supposed to keep up on all teams now." She turned the car off and got out, making her way to the door of the coffee shop without looking back to see if he was following.

Jason: "Oh yes, your bedside manner is above reproach, Nurse Nightingale!"

Monet: "Hush, mouse, or I won't buy your drink."

Jason: "Yes, nurse, not a word."

Monet: Monet went up to the counter and ordered her drink and something for Jason too, paid for both and moved to the counter where they would set them when finished. "So what exactly were you doing down in the basement again? What kind of 'gift' were you leaving?"

Jason: "Just some mislabled programming, nothing original I'm afraid but at least those incoming students will get a taste of handling zombies. I consider it helping them catch up to the rest of us."

Monet: "Well that was nice of you." She arched an eyebrow. "But you're absolutely right. They do need to catch up to us. Did you program the bugs, too?"

Jason: "It's terribly considerate of me. I'm afraid I didn't get around to the bugs though. I think I'll just slip them into the middle of another program...or just make them myself for a class." That way he would get to see the reactions. Yes, that was better.

Monet: "Do not do it in a class I'm in or I will know who to hunt down." She took her drink and moved to a table, sipping at it. "And you do remember what happened the last time I hunted you down, don't you?"

Jason: "Wade had some very delightful dreams."

Monet: Monet just stared at him, "Excuse me?"

Jason: "I'm just saying, he probably did." He sat down, grinning. "And thank you for the coffee. It won't make me forget you still didn't actually answer my questions, however."

Monet: "What does Wade having ni--" Monet's eyes went wide, "I should pour my coffee all over you. But since I already beat you to a pulp for doing what you did, I'm going to try and overlook what you most likely did as me with Wade."

Jason: "Oh please, I didn't do anything you don't already know about. I just don't make any promises for Wade's subconcious. Really, for all I know he dreampt about tacos that night."

Monet: Monet shuddered and suddenly didn't want her coffee anymore. "You are absolutely horrendous."

Jason: Jason made a shushing noise and laughed. "Flatterer."

Monet: "In your dreams."

Jason: "Have you been in my dreams? Tsk, that is certainly an abuse of power I would think."

Monet: "No, I haven't. But should I? Do you have an Oedipal complex that I need to make sure isn't getting the better of you?"

Jason: "Well, I fully admit to the daydreams of murdering my father but I could take or leave my mother."

Monet: "Oh? And why is that?" Now that they were off the subject of Wade, she took a drink of her coffee. "Is your mother not good enough for you? Or does it make you sick to think that she bred with your father and created you?"

Jason: "Both are contributing factors I would think." Jason laughed. "I mean, what logic would you apply to the situation with yourself involved? There's a plethora of reasons I'd hope."

Monet: "My mother is dead. So there is no situation with myself involved involving her."

Jason: "You rule out necrophilia so quickly? That's relieving."

Monet: Monet just stared at him, "That is not funny. My mother was murdered by someone we all trusted and my family is still searching for him. Making jokes about her death is not amusing at all."

Jason: "If you're going to get out of sorts over a joke then maybe you should go back and stroke Mayhem's mane."

Monet: "He doesn't have one," she arched an eyebrow, "Or didn't you notice a bald lion man walking around the school?"

Jason: "You do realize that one of the keys to humour is that it doesn't always have to be literal right? Drink your coffee and melt some of the bitch out of you or this isn't going to be fun at all."

Monet: "You want me to stop being myself? This is a new development."

Jason: "You're being crabbier than usual and apparently I've chipped enough away that you're letting things get personal. I would take this as a win but until you can fix that patch I'll have to bide my time and that's no fun."

Monet: "Well forgive me if the one thing that really sets me on edge is people making fun at my mother." She took another drink of the coffee, "You never win, darling. I do."

Jason: "Sorry, I found something personal to injure you with before you did the same for me. That's first blood, sweetheart."

Monet: "Oh, were we only going to first blood? I thought it was to the death. My mistake."

Monet: She grinned, "So... Why would you want to murder your father? Did he beat you? Touch you in places no one should? Or is it just that you can't stand that you're so much like him when you thought you were really an individual?"

Jason: "Oh, this is only round one." Jason assured her and chuckled at the question. "No, nothing like that really though the last fight did involve shooting now that I remember...illusionary anyway."

Monet: "Did you make him believe he was truly dying? Otherwise, I think that would be a horrendous waste of power."

Jason: "Well, it was more a snap reaction than anything. I'll be more stealthy when I actually mean it."

Monet: "If you succeed, I might proposition my father to pay for your services." She smirked and finished off her coffee. "Done?"

Jason: "Oh, I already know I can do it." Jason tilted his coffee back, finishing it up. "If I actually spent any time around him I assure you it would already be done but it's just not worth the trip back."

Monet: "Well until you actually do it, I'm not going to speak to my father about it. For all I know, you could be lying just to get at my family's money."

Jason: "Maybe we should just find a victim then?"

Monet: "But then I would be an accessory to your crime. And I can't have that." She arched an eyebrow, "But if you want to go out and do it on your own then come tell me about it, I could look the other way."

Jason: "And I could just be lying to you. It's Schrodinger's false murder."

Monet: "Well then it would be a shame. But I'm sure a murdered person would turn up in the papers the next morning. Don't you think?"

Jason: "Except eventually they'll realize they're not dead."

Monet: "Well of course. But that wouldn't be until after someone found them. Otherwise, where would the fun be? They would be dead and then all of a sudden alive? How intriguing for the media and how confusing for the person."

Jason: "I really shouldn't be as tempted as I am." Jason admitted.

Monet: "Well, you are just as bad as I am. Although, apparently to our school mates, they prefer you. Which I will never understand. You're just me without breasts."

Jason: "I have charm!" Jason declared. "Plus I think it's more obvious at times that I'm not always serious even though I mean what I say."

Jason: "When I tell someone to die in a fire I can still leave them oddly happy. Some of us have it." He preened, looking away innocently.

Monet: "Oh. So they don't like me because I am serious about what I say and I mean it? Where as you make them think that you're not serious so even though you mean it, they don't think you do. I see." She arched an eyebrow, "Yes, some of us have something. And you definitely something..."

Jason: "Don't worry, it's not too late to learn."

Monet: "I don't want to learn how to have your something. Because it's quite repulsive." She stood and made her way to the door, tossing her cup in the bin on the way out.

Jason: "Well, you're the one talking about people liking you. I was just going to help you make friends." Jason tossed his cup, walking a bit behind her

Monet: "I never said I wanted friends. I just don't understand their logic as to why they don't like you as well."

Jason: "But you're thinking about it. Why would you think about it if you didn't have a small bit of caring go on?"

Monet: "I was thinking about it because it was perplexing. I will never understand the odd people at that school and I cannot wait to leave and go home."

Jason: "And that's why you stayed at school for the summer, hmm?"

Monet: "Have you not paid attention? I'm not allowed to leave. I would never have come if I had any choice in the matter." She unlocked her car and got in, starting it up as she waited.

Jason: "I don't believe you've covered that."

Monet: "I have said it before, although not during this particular outing."

Jason: "I don't recall you saying that you were physically incapable of leaving the school for the summer. Believe it or not there are other places beside here and your home."

Monet: "The only place I would choose to go is somewhere in Europe. And I have to stay here." She pulled out of the space and onto the road. "Sorry to dissapoint you."

Jason: "Oh, I'm not disappointed in anything except for your lack of imagination, but that's nothing new." Jason made himself comfortable. "I'd say we're more different than you think."

Monet: "Oh? How so? I mean, we both like men, we're both incredibly witty, and we both know that we're better than everyone else."

Jason: "Well, I'm pretty much for both but that's not really an issue and you're here and wanting to go home and I came here so I would never have to be home again...which should depress me a bit more as this place is actually my 'rather be' place."

Monet: "You do still have the trip to Europe I promised to fund for you."

Jason: "This is true. Christmas?" Jason asked hopefully.

Monet: "There's still a couple of weeks left until school starts again. I would be happy to send you off. Although, then I would lose my entertainment..."

Jason: "No time, unfortunately. Still have business here but I'll be sure to clear my schedule sometime."

Monet: "I'm surprised that you're not jumping at the chance to escape the children."

Jason: "Well, I'll be spending as much time away from the school as possible, don't get me wrong."

Monet: "So what do you have planned to do for the rest of our summer?"

Jason: "Some of us do have to work, believe it or not." Jason clicked his tongue. "Working some with Shaw."

Monet: "Shaw? Who is that?"

Jason: "...and you accuse me of not paying attention. Remind me you should come to Hellfire with me when I go next."

Monet: "Would I enjoy this Hellfire place?"

Jason: "Oh yes, yes you would." Jason nodded, quite sure.

Monet: "Alright then. When are we going?"

Jason: "Your weekend open?" Jason glances back over. "It's usually more enjoyable on the weekends."

Monet: "I'm sure I could clear my schedule from the heathens we have at our school."

Jason: "Excellent." Jason settled back in the seat again, hoping that he wasn't going to regret this.