Summer 2012: Eddie

Check out what goes on between semesters here!
Chaos
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: Mr. President
Nightscrawlearth Character: :venom :spidey etc.

Post by Chaos »

'Antivenom'

“Seriously; the first movie's always the best!”, Eddie smirked, leaving the Cinema with the girl he'd hooked up with who shook her head with a grin at Eddie's words. She was a petite girl with short brown hair and a cute lollita-esque blue dress – rare and attractive, just the way he liked them. He adjusted the retro-3D glasses on his head.

“What about 'Aliens'?”, the girl retorted, Eddie just laughed at her.

“Come on, really? That was the saddest movie since, like, ever! I mean, even Terminator 2 beat that!”, he remarked, to which the girl suddenly jumped into excitement.

“You see? Terminator 2; a GOOD sequel!”, she raved. The girl was fun, granted, but things were still dull for Eddie Brock the last few months.

Nothing much really happened, at XU, not to him. Eddie had tried to get closer to people, but had ended up becoming more secluded and self-oriented. For a moment, Eddie thought about Ronnie (or 'Raven'; whatever she wanted to be called); was she really the sort of company he felt good around? No way – this girl was definitely better...

Shit. What was her name again?

“You still haven't answered my question...”, the girl said sweetly, green eyes locked on him. “What's this 'special school' you go to?”

Eddie smiled, but inside, he was completely lost for words; “It's ah...”, he managed.

-

Angelo swung fast through the city skyline, feeling the strong wind blast around his frame.

-

“...'a' what?”, laughed the lollita girl. Eddie shrugged in reply. What to say? She looked impatient for her answer.
“It's a school for the gifted...”, Eddie began.

“'Gifted'?”, the girl asked. “How so?”

-

Angelo leapt out of his swing-arc, landing hard on a building top, he looked down at the people below.

-

Eddie looked up at the figure now standing on the building – he'd seen that swing, he'd done that swing. “Gifted like that...”, he murmured, gaze transfixed on the figure. Who the hell was that? Another mutant?

The girl hadn't been looking, but a few bystanders had been; what the hell was that lunatic thinking? Using his powers in broad daylight in front of so many people? The girl turned to see what Ed was staring at; “How did that guy get up there?”, she asked innocently.

Eddie shook his head – he needed to give that imbecile a time-out. “Listen uh...'Karen'...?”

The girl turned to him. “Yes?”

Sweet! He'd gotten it right! “Look, I need to go real quick; lemme just...hang on...”, Eddie took off his 3D 's and drew out his No.3 graphic pen, scrawling his name onto the side of them and handing them over. “Call me, alright?”, he called, sprinting off past the crowds and trying hard to ignore Karen's protests...

Duty called. Again.

-

Angelo fell onto his bottom with a thump. Damn, it was lonely.

He brushed his short, dirty-blonde hair out of his face and eyes, unzipping his black & white hoodie to let the cool breeze in. Being a mutant wasn't bad where free-running was involved, at least, but what should he do? He couldn't go home, and the authorities would surely stick him in yet another kind of prison...

...Angelo needed help...

“Hey!”, came a voice from behind him. Angelo leapt up, turning and darting for the edge of the rooftop.

“Sonofabitch...”, Eddie sighed, leaping after the other web-slinger. They both swung at dangerous speeds past buildings and through alleys, Eddie landed on another rooftop, sprinting across and jumping to another, and another, and another. Angelo zipped along the skyline, trying to get further upwards by landing on an unmanned crane and running up it – a mistake; a black line of webbing tied about his leg as Eddie pulled him down to the rooftop below with a crash.

Angelo's arm writhed with white tendrils, forming into a blade-like shape, he cut his leg free and turned to face Eddie.
“Who are you?!”, Angelo called over. Eddie raised an eyebrow – this was new.

“My name's Eddie! Eddie Brock. You?”, Eddie called back, not daring to move and make this kid leap at him; no conflict today, not in daylight. The blonde male lowered his sword-arm a little.

“Angelo Fortunato.”, he answered. Eddie nodded.
“And what're you doin' up here, Angelo?” he asked.

“Getting away – there's nobody like me, Eddie.”, Angelo said, his voice sounding desperate to be wrong.

“Untrue, Angelo, untrue...”, Eddie smiled. “I know a place you'll be safe, where there are others like us.”

Angelo paused. Others?

“Are you a mutant?”, he called over. Eddie nodded. “Prove it!”

Eddie shrugged, releasing a line of webbing randomly onto the floor. “We have a similar power, I see.”

Angelo gasped. “Y-you can also do...this...?”, he asked, gesturing to his arm. Eddie nodded. No way. Was it possible?

“You are 'Venom', aren't you?”

Eddie froze. “...what did you say?”, he began, bracing for the other's movements.

Without another word, Angelo charged with his blade-arm, swinging wildly at Eddie with a sudden prejudicial hatred. Eddie dodged what he could, blocking what he couldn't; the barrage continued until Eddie's fist hit Angelo in the face with a force powerful enough to knock the boy off his feet.
Angelo rolled back, forming another blade-arm and preparing for another charge.

“What exactly is your deal, man?!”, Eddie shouted.

“They made me to kill you! This is what I'm meant to do!”, Angelo spat in reply. Eddie grunted. Whatever that meant. He flexed his hands, warping them into bone-clad fists. Some people just didn't get it.

Eddie's opponent doubled his attack, still swinging with wild abandon. Eddie easily parried the strikes, ducking and upper-cutting his opponent. As Angelo stumbled back, Eddie charged forward, webbing his face and sliding between his legs; Ed pulled hard, sending Angelo crashing face-first into the concrete roof.

“Are you done yet?!”, Eddie roared in frustration more than wrath. Angelo roared back like an animal in a cage, turning and webbing Eddie's torso. Boy, this stuff was sticky. Angelo slammed Eddie around like a ball and chain, lifting him up into an overhead C-Arc with incredible strength and slamming him down.
Eddie surged with pain as he formed his scythe-arm, slicing himself free of the white webbing and racing towards Angelo, the blonde challenger turned as Eddie leapt forward, both hands firing streams of webbing onto Angelo's arms and dragging him flying forwards into Angelo's chest in a beautifully executed drop-kick; Eddie back-flipped off Angelo's torso, landing graciously.

Angelo drew forth his sword-arm again, suddenly struck in the face by a lash of web-like tendril still extending from Eddie's own hand; he was knocked down by a sudden powerful blast of high-pressure black webbing from his dark-clad opponent, sending him flying meters across the rooftop and crashing against a wall, stuck as a drawing pin on a noticeboard.

“Are we done now?”, Eddie sighed. Angelo still struggled to get free. “What's your deal, Angelo? Huh? How come you just flipped like that?”

Angelo continued to attempt to wrest himself free. “I was human – and they made me into this to hunt, to kill you and your kind!”

Eddie grinned half-heartedly; “Who are 'they'? And seriously, 'make' a mutant? No way.”

Angelo's form swelled, tearing him free; his body coated itself in white tendrils, solidifying into an exoskeleton. Angelo looked like a cross between the Alien Xenomorphs and Skeletor.

“Yes way!”, Angelo's new form roared back, webbing himself into the air.

“Not a chance!”, Eddie shouted, webbing Angelo's leg once more; only this time he'd miscalculated the distance. Eddie fell, dragged along the rooftop by Angelo's speed and strength until he slipped off the edge, still swinging by Angelo's momentum. Eddie looked forward at the building construction site opposite and braced himself for impact with its wooden coverings.

-

Eddie crashed through the thin barricade, his webbing snapped as he soared through the would-be interior and slammed hard against the cold steel floor. That hurt.

Eddie climbed to his feet slowly, taking a good hard look around. There were people.

“Hey, kid! What the hell was that stunt just now?!”, one of the workers called to him. Eddie looked at the bearded man, and then to his point of entry; Angelo was there, scowling in his monstrous form.

“You guys need to get out of here, now!”, Eddie yelled, the men took one look at Angelo and fled. Eddie crouched a little, his form running with a mass of black tendrils and coating him in the tight, ebony armour that was his 'Venom' outfit; “You wanna play, Angelo? Let's go!”

With a bestial roar, Angelo leapt at Eddie, who somersaulted over his larger rival. Eddie webbed for a small cement mixer and brought it spinning about into Angelo's body; the white demon barely staggered for a moment, clawing Eddie in his crocked talon-like hands. Eddie recoiled in pain, leaping over Angelo again in a second somersault and webbing his back; Eddie landed and pulled as hard as he could, causing Angelo only partial imbalance. When Angelo pulled, Eddie was sent flying into the adjacent wall, crashing with a mighty force.

“Give up! They made me stronger, better than you!”, Angelo taunted in a distorted voice. Eddie climbed back to his feet; true, Angelo was tough, but so was he. Eddie's form grew in size, his muscle mass bulging and his blade-fanged maw sneering.

“You picked a very bad person to be wrong about, Angelo!”, Eddie snarled, leaping down to meet his pale counterpart. He lifted a girder with two strong arms and threw it in Angelo's direction; the ivory monster caught the girder, throwing it aside – leaving Eddie a perfect chance to get close.
Eddie leapt onto Angelo, striking hard and fast with each punch with his large, brutish fist while his off-hand held tightly onto Angelo's skeletal head. With a blood-curdling roar, Eddie lifted Angelo and threw him into a stack of cinder-blocks; as Angelo regained his sense, Eddie landed above him, throttling his neck.

Eddie's beast-like maw opened and came apart in a lick of inky black, revealing his human face behind the black frame of a titan; “Will you listen to me?! Please!”, Eddie cried. “I'm not trying to kill you! I want to help!”

Angelo's skeletal mouth opened, revealing his face also. He looked at Eddie and stopped struggling. Eddie smiled. “Alright, now w-...”

He was silenced by a sudden sick, agonizing feeling in his stomach. Angelo smiled as he looked down upon his body – a tail...Angelo's form had a bladed tail...and he'd been impaled by it.
Angelo lifted Eddie up and tossed his body aside, wiping the blood from his scythe-like tail and receding into his human shape.
“They called me 'Antivenom'.”, he stated, matter-of-factly. “They told me it was my duty to kill you and others like you; all I want is my humanity back. This is the only way.”

Eddie's form receded also, leaving him clad in his casual clothes in a pool of blood. He coughed in pain, looking over at Angelo.

“It really is.”, Angelo went on. “For what its worth; I'm sorry, Venom.”, Eddie's assailant webbed the wall, swinging out of the hole in it. Eddie crawled over to a corner, sitting up and wincing as his healing factor took effect, rejoining his body in a contortion of inky black veins.

“Worth almost nothin', 'Antivenom'.”, Eddie grunted, reaching in his pocket for his mobile. Time to call in some friends to deal with Mr. Fortunato...

-
"I've met dozens like you. Skipped off home early, minor graft jobs here and there. Spent some time in lock-up too, I'll warrant; but less than you claim. And now you're, what, a petty theif with delusions of standing? Sad little king of a sad little hill..." - River Tam, 'Firefly'

Achievements: ImageImageImage
Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator
Title: SCP-3068
Nightscrawlearth Character: :selene :mayhem :icarus :warren :sabretooth

Post by Scumfish »

Adam was lounging on a sofa in the recroom, managing to take up the entirity of it, reading a Narnia book without really paying attention to it. A PVC-clad leg was hooked over the arm, hair in green cyberdreads and goggles firmly in place as he enjoyed the peace. And no fucking ferals. Anywhere.

An acute sound of chewing pierced the tranquility of the room; a short haired girl with gray-blue eyes walked into the room gripping a chocolate pudding cup in her left and a spoon in her right. She paused at the sight of Adam. "...uhm, hi.", she said quietly.

Adam glanced up from his book, wrinkling his nose at the smell of chocolate, before looking at the girl for a few moments. "...Hi." He didn't make a move to relinquish his hold on the sofa, bright blue eyes flicking from her face to the pudding cup and back again.

The girl looked down at her pudding. "Uh...chocolate's my fave.", she smirked awkwardly. "D'you mind if I sit? It's just, I have a Lobby game scheduled on Halo: ODST and I'm a half hour late.", she smiled at Adam, trying to hide her scanning of his chest behind the short blades of blonde shadowing her pale skin.

"...You're a girl and you play Halo? Then be my guest." Adam gave her a slight smile and shifted over, though still sprawled, gloved finger keeping his place in the book. "Really? I never would have guessed you liked chocolate. Considering you're eating it and all..." He scratched his chin around the labaret spike idly.

The girl giggled awkwardly, sitting down and lifting a controller from beneath the couch. "Sorry, that was stupid; I'm Emily by the way.", she extedned her hand for a shake.

Adam eyed up the hand for a moment, before taking it. "Adam." He gave her a wary smile. "New here, in case you didn't hear it on the grapevine. You...can't read minds, right?" He eyed her suspiciously.

"No, not me.", Emily beamed, "Although I've had no end of trouble from those who can...". 'Case in point; Monet...', Emily thought, not without some bitterness in her inner voice. "Fitting in alright?", she asked, facing the television and bypassing the various menus etc. on screen.

Adam snorted. "What do you think? I've never seen another freak in my life and suddenly I'm in America surrounded by them and find out that I might be a fucking half-animal thing because I share ninety-eight percent of my mutations with them." He tossed the book onto his bag. "Also, I dress like this. I don't like fitting in."

Emily inclined her head, nodding slightly. "Yeah, sounds just like m-...", she stopped, "...my brother's first days here.", Emily sighed.

"You had a brother?" Adam shrugged. "Well, can't say I care about fitting in or being nice. I give it a few more weeks before I'm moved out, unless they sent me here to forget about me." He rubbed his nose. Damnit, he'd managed to ignore the craving too...

Emilly watched Adam's reaction out of the corner of her eye and smiled, reaching for the half-finished pudding and offering it to him while her character on-screen reloaded. "No need to 'fit in', I just kick-ass and live; end of."

Oh god, she was offering it to him. Adam shook his head a little, though his eyes were fixed on it. Chocolate was private, damnit, though part of him wanted to snatch the cup and scurry away with it. "Yeah well, I found most places aren't even worth that. I'm just me, and if people can't handle that, it's their problem, not mine."

Emily looked again at the pudding cup, placing it on the table beside the couch. "Suit yourself, handsome. And to be fair, I agree with you.", Emily laughed shortly, watching a Battle Rifle burst fell an opponent on-screen. "Fucking noobs waste time moving over from COD...", she smirked cockilly.

Handsome? She just called him handsome? Adam actually stared at her for a moment, cheeks flushing slightly and glad she was engrossed in her game, before his eyes went back to the cup. "Uuuh...preferred the sword myself." Great, and now all he could smell was chocolate.

"I just love it when players with that mentality go straight for the Energy Sword; it's why Bungie invented the Covenant Trip Mine.", Emily laughed, glancing over at Adam again and taking a quick glance at his torso once more. 'Like a page 3 model at the sauna...', she thought with a material grin.

Adam shrugged. "Don't go straight for it. The newbies have no strategy to speak of." He caught her looking at him and narrowed his eyes. Was she checking him out? "So apart from being a girl-gamer, what do you do, exactly?"

Emily shrugged, her avatar planting a plasma grenade on an unsuspecting player's back. "I spend my time listening to 'The Faint' and 'Curve', drawing, writing and sometimes going out and drinking.", she looked over at Adam again, "It's been a while for, you know, anything else.", Emily smiled, turning back to her game.

"Anything else? Powers-wise?" Adam watched her play, rubbing his nose again. At least the pillowcase had come out clean and Darren just thought he'd bled on it normally. He could live with that. "You don't use yours too?"

"No, I do...", Emily answered, cursing as her avatar's back literally exploded to life from a Shotgun burst. "My ability's described as 'Biomass Manipulation'; I change form. With more style than the name entails.", Emily smiled.

"You shapeshift?" Adam blinked. Telepathy and shapeshifting...this was comic-book stuff. But then he ran faster then...well, he didn't know how fast he could run, actually.

"'Shepeshift' is such a...I dunno, 'Cartoon-y' way of saying it, but basically, yeah.", Emily said frankly, smiling at the end-of-game table that appeared on the T.V, and watching the X-Box headset hanging from her controller explode to life with the ramble of the other players.

"Nice." Adam nodded to the score. "Well, you shift your shape. And let's face it, being a freak like us is kinda cartoony." Us...well, don't I feel included in the family now? He smiled a little bitterly.

Emily left the controller beside her pudding, walking over and pressing the 'off' switch on the console. "I guess so, but I like being an adult every now and again, too.", Emily winked at Adam. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I have things to do."

"Being adult is boring. That's why I read Narnia still." Adam tried not to look at the pudding cup. "Yeah, you go do boring shit. I'll be down here with my kids things."

Emily walked away, not glancing back. 'Damn! I can't believe this works!', she thought, with a mild 'glee-spasm' as soon as she was clear of Adam's view. Few more of those and little Adam would be right where she wanted him. Emily's eyes glanced down at her crotch; would deffinately be worth talking to Darren about that anatomy-query soon...

Adam waited until the odd girl had gone properly, listening carefully as he put his books away. Then, in a blur of movement, he grabbed the half-eaten pudding cup and blurred so fast up to his room with it that the pictures on the wall swung in his wake. My chocolate now...

[Edited on 25-5-2010 by Scumfish]
Those who know, don't say; those who don't, say too much.

Aodhfionn 'Fianna' MacDuibh's Character Blog (for Nightscrawler's RPG)

My (NSFW) Art/General Blog || My Trans Blog || My (SFW-ish) Art
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

Post by Svartfreja »

Tigra: Tigra sat by the window in the rec room, watching the rain. She supposed it had to rain sooner or later. But she was getting impatient. She wanted to go outside for a run but she didn't want to get mud on her nice new clothes. She pressed her nose up against the glass and mewwed plaintively at the gardens.

Eddie: The sound of boot-heel against wood preceeded Eddie's emerging into the room, he ignored the figure at the window, instead sitting down in front of the television and searching about for an X-Box controller.

Eddie: "Seen the 'zapper' about?" asked Eddie over his shoulder. That was weird; never seen her before.

Tigra: Tigra's ear twitched at the new sound and she teared her gaze away from the window, "Um.... Maybe..." She uncurled herself and moved over to the sofa on all fours, sniffing around, then she stuck her hand between the cushions and pulled it out. "There you go." She handed it over.

Eddie: Eddie accepted the device from the outstetched 'Paw?'. "New here, chick?" he smiled.

Tigra: She nodded, "Yeah.... kinda..." She climbed up onto the back of the sofa, "How about you?"

Eddie: Eddie smirked. "Nah, I was here before it was cool." he switched on the console, more interested in the new girl. "Been here long?"

Tigra: "Um... since the start of summer... not really sure how long ago that was I, er... not too good at keeping track of days... out of practise..." She rubbed the back of her neck distractedly, "Um... name's Tigra." She offered her hand to shake.

Eddie: Eddie accepted the friendly shake; "Eddie." he returned. "Yeah, was busy around then with this girl...uh..."

Eddie: He paused. "Yeah, anyway, she never called back..." he laughed dryly. "Brought another guy into the house though, thanks to that trip."

Tigra: "Oh... um... sorry she didn't call back...?" Her tail swished behind her and she chewed her lip, "So... what do you do? I mean... I'm kinda... obvious..." She gestured at her fur, "But a lot of people here seem to look pretty... normal."

Eddie: "Define 'normal'..." Eddie scoffed to the side. "I'm what they call a 'shapeshifter'; mutation in the form of 'Biomass Manipulation'. Fancy words for it."

Eddie: Eddie looked at Tigra again. "You don't look 'un-normal' to me, though." he smiled. "In fact, you look kinda cute." he winked. Good ol' charm.

Tigra: She grinned, "Yeah-huh..." She climbed down onto the seat of the sofa and curled up, pulling her tail into her lap, "Cute in an anime convention kinda way..." She rolled her eyes, "So, a shapeshifter, huh? Can I see?"

Eddie: Eddie nodded, looking around the room. His eye caught the bookshelf. "Pick a title on there." he said, inclining his head.

Tigra: Tigra looked over at the shelf, leaning a little forward and squinting because she didn't want to get up. Yay for enhanced eyesight. "Alice in Wonderland." Hey it was the first one she saw....

Eddie: Eddie raised his right hand and mouthed as a black tendril of coarse webbing whipped from his wrist and latched onto the book, he pulled it into his hand with the same alarming speed as he'd grappled it and handed it to Tigra. "Rate it?" he smirked smuggly.

Tigra: Tigra blinked, "Wow..." She turned the book over in her hands, being careful with her claws, "That was pretty fast...."

Eddie: "It's gotten quicker recently...not sure why." Eddie said, looking back at the T.V screen displaying Gears of War, but thinking more about his fight with Castle; those were some pretty sharp moves. "What about you then, honey? Another cat-furry come to live here?"

Tigra: "Yeah pretty much..." She stretched a little then curled up again, "Beats living in the woods.... especially in this weather...." she wrinkled her nose a little, "Dumb rain...."

Eddie: Eddie turned to her again. "You used to live in the wilderness?" he asked. "Seems dangerous. Well, on the other hand, what's danger to us 'god-modded' mutants?"

Tigra: "Eh, I can take care of myself..." She shrugged and extended the claws on her hands to show him, "I have enhanced strength, too... And I heal really fast.... And I'm not afraid to use it."

Eddie: "What, the healing? Yeah, it'd suck if you had a phobia of your best survival trait." Eddie joked, playing on the words. "You have the same mutations as a friend of mine, though he dosen't come here anymore..." he stopped looking at Tigra; seemed every cat-mutant reminded Eddie of him.

Tigra: "No, the strength..." She rolled her eyes then frowned a little when his scent shifted, "Your friend finished college? You miss him, huh?"

Eddie: "Finished?" Eddie laughed dryly, "No he...left." he explained. "Had his reasons, and yeah, I do miss him. From time-to-time."

Eddie: "You got anyone you miss?" Eddie asked, begining his Campaign game with a click of the 'Start' button. He should've recalled that the 'furries' could smell emotion.

Tigra: "Oh... I'm sorry..." She chewed her lip, her tail moving out of her lap to flick from side to side, "Um... no, not really... well.... I guess I'd miss my family if they were more accepting...." She shrugged, "but they're not. So...."

Eddie: Eddie shrugged. "Not everyone is; you should meet the irritating little bastard I picked up the other day!" he sighed. "Crazy story behind that kid..."

Tigra: "Sounds fun..." She grinned again, "So this is what you do for fun huh...?" She gestured at the tv and the console.

Eddie: "I murder creatures in cyberspace, apparently." Eddie grinned. "I could show you how to play if you like, and you can join me, too."

Tigra: "Oooh.... okay!" She bounced a little, "I'm sure I won't be very good at it but... I'm always open to try new things." She smiled.

Eddie: "Trust me, this is easy compared to living here." Eddie joked, not feeling the pun himself. 'Time to visit May soon...' he thought.
:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6
Chaos
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Chaos »

'Antivenom' - Part II

(Please bear in mind this happens BEFORE the two Instances posted above? Thanks. ;) xx)

“I never tire of this job...”, smirked Burke smugly, biting greedily into another doughnut and turning to his somewhat less pudgy partner; Malcolm was still staring at his badge, rubbing at it profusely to get the almost invisible stain of grease off of its shiny silver surface.
“Are you still at it over there?”, Burke grumbled to his partner, who paid no attention to the driver. Burke leaned over and slapped the back of Malcolm's head. “Pay attention! There's nothing on it anymore!”

Malcolm stuttered out a squeal of pain as Burke's hand made contact. “Nah! Nah. I just wanna make sure my badge is ok! It's a symbol, you know! Of the Law, of our position!”

Burke shook his head, going back to the pink-iced sugary treat in his hand. “You put way too much thought into this job...”, he grinned. “Way I see it, we just wait here until something happens, which it won't.”, Burke scoffed.

“B-but what if today's the day something does?”, Malcolm asked. “It could be; we have to be vigilant!”

Burke paused, turning to look at his cohort. “You just don't get it, huh?”, Burke laughed. “Still, good to see a man passionate about the job!”

Malcolm smiled. “Positive attitude yeilds results, right?”, he said, reaching for a glazed doughnut himself.

Burke patted him on the shoulder and winked. “We'll make you Officer of the Month yet!”, he laughed with Malcolm. They were quite a pair.

As were the two sudden, violent thuds on the roof of the Police vehicle.

-

Angelo bolted across the main road and into another alleyway. How had that stab not stopped him? Perhaps they were both tougher than he'd previously thought, still, the priority now was not to have to figure that out first hand.

Angelo imagined he would also be in a rather bad mood if someone stuck a bladed tail into their torso.

Eddie chased Angelo as fast as he could. Damn, he was a good runner. The retreating mutant threw over a skip in the alley to block Eddie. An amateur move; Eddie simply used the momentum of his run to 'wall-run' along one side of the alley over the upturned skip. Simple. Eddie smirked at Angelo's face as he turned to see the black-clad chaser catching up with him. As they fast approached the end of the alley. Eddie was close enough to grab the back of Angelo's hood now.

“A-and...Got-...”, Eddie managed to say, stopped half way by the sudden feeling he'd been hit with a freight train. Both he and Angelo were sent slamming to the tarmac of the road violently. Eddie looked up, he wasn't broken anywhere, and Angelo looked ok. He looked over at what had hit them.

“For God's sake...”, blasphemed Angelo. Could today get any worse?

-

“Get your unruly asses on the ground!”, commanded the pudgy police officer climbing out of the driver's seat, he reached straight for his handgun; the good ol' HK, standard issue in the American Law Enforcement Services. Somewhat confused at what the officer was asking, Eddie and Angelo just looked at each other and shuffled about on the floor into a face-down position with their hands on their heads. “Yo, Malcolm! Call in these two rubes!”

“'Rubes'?!”, exclaimed Eddie, “Who the hell even says that anymore?”, he smirked cockily, the officer frowned as Eddie snickered to himself. The skinnier officer beside the car went on his radio; not a good sign.

“Hey! I'm the one askin' the questions, you little perpetrator!”, he growled, somewhat gruffly “What the hell were you two maniacs doing, jumping on police cars?”

'Oh, yeah....that WAS a cop-car...', thought Angelo. “Look, Officer, all I've been trying to do is escape this lunatic! He's been chasing me all over the place!”

Eddie shuffled to look at Angelo, “Hey, screw you, mate! I was trying to avoid this situation!”

“You what?”, protested Angelo, leaning over to look at Eddie himself. “All you've done is chase me half way across town!”

“For your own God-damned good!”, Eddie scowled. “You know what? You'll thank me in about thirteen seconds...”

Angelo raised his eyebrow, looking over at the pudgy officer who'd turned around to talk to the skinny guy about their 'captured juveniles'. Eddie looked up too and smiled craftily, tripping the officer over with a quick web from an outstretched hand and the flick of a wrist. He scrambled to his feet and darted in the opposite direction. “Angelo!!!”, he yelled, sprinting off.

“Oh Sh-!”, Angelo began, jumping up and joining Eddie in his retreat, ignoring the protests of the officers.

“Get back here!”, yelled Burke, “Quickly, Malcolm! Fire a warning shot!”

Malcolm just stared in awe at the two fleeing boys. “D-did he just...shoot a 'web'? Out of his hand?”

Burke growled, hitting the tarmac with his hairy fist. “Call the Department; tell them they have to mutants running around down here, dodging authorities!”, that'd learn those kids. Learn 'em good.

-

Eddie and Angelo had been dodging police patrols for a good four hours; it wasn't especially hard, given that there wasn't anywhere they couldn't hide in the dilapidated suburban district they'd fled into. The two had stumbled upon a storm-drain at the edge of town, taking shelter in the dark as the evening sun set in.

“Kindly tell me what the fuck was on your mind when you tried to kill my ass earlier?”, Eddie asked, lighting a fire in a barrel where, it appeared, someone else had before them, most likely homeless guys or a gang. Angelo slumped into a corner, pulling down his hood.

“I j-...”, he stammered, looking up at Eddie who'd moved to lean on the adjacent wall. “My story's kinda complicated, Eddie.”
Eddie looked around, sarcastically as possible. “Gee, I wonder what else we could be doing with this time(!)”, he retorted. Angelo laughed dryly.

“True.”, Angelo answered. “Look, you're never gonna believe this; I was taken by some weird organization that made me into a Mutant. I used to be norm-... I used to be Human.”

Eddie paused. “Yeah, that's a pretty weird thing to say...”

“Don't believe me?”, Angelo asked, “Then how else did I guess your name, have your powers, beat yo-...”

“Hey!”, Eddie stopped him. “You did not beat me, 'k 'Doppelgänger'? You incapacitated me for a few minuets.”

Angelo raised his eyebrow. “There's a difference? And it's 'Antivenom', not 'Doppelgänger'!”

“No, it's 'Doppelgänger'.” Eddie insisted, “There's only room for one 'Venom', mate. And that's me.”

“I didn't say I wanted to be 'Venom', imbecile! 'Antivenom' is what I said!”

Eddie stopped. “This is getting us nowhere...”, he stated, sitting down. Angelo remained quiet also. The two stared each other down for a few moments before Angelo broke the silence.

“These guys...I don't remember who, they are, they performed loads of experiments on me.”, he explained. “They kept on trying to create what they called the 'perfect weapon for use against mutants' by turning us into you.”

Eddie blinked out of his daydream. “What, 'us' as in 'Humans' into 'you' as in 'Mutants'? Dude, we're still 'Human' as a species...”. 'God-damned 'Supremacists'.

“No...”, Angelo half-lied. He didn't really like being affiliated with these abominations to the Human gene-pool. “'Us' as in the hundreds of people they attempted this transmutation on and 'you' as in you!”

“They tried to replicate me? Like some sort of messed up Sci-Fi?”, Eddie asked quizzically.

“Don't joke about it!!”, shouted Angelo. “It's a perversion of life itself! It's torture!”

Eddie smirked. “What, to be one of us or to be horribly transformed? Are you sure you're arguing what you think you are?”.

Angelo said nothing, merely looking away from Eddie, either aggravated at his nativity or embarrassed for being caught-out. Eddie suspected the latter.

“Look, I don't really give a damn how you feel at the moment; way I see it, now you know how it feels to be subjugated to irrational hatred.”, Eddie said with a shrug. “But lets face it, out here, you'll get yourself killed sooner or later.”

“I had a life, Eddie!”, roared Angelo, standing up. “I had a family, friends, prospects! Now what have I got?! They made me a freak! A freak like you and the rest of those mistakes!”

Eddie leapt up and slammed Angelo against the wall. “I have many friends who'd kill you for saying less, you sack of shit! It's guys like you who enslaved ethnic minorities for centuries, who pressure the homosexual community even now!”, he raised his right hand and manifested a twisted bone-knife from his wrist. “It's guys like you who make our lives hell! Through torture, bullying, ritual slaughter!”

“Alright!”, shouted Angelo in Eddie's face. “I'm one of you now, too! Don't you think that's retribution enough?”

Eddie narrowed his eyes, retracting his blade into his arm. “I think it'll be enough when you understand the suffering you once supported.”

“I've lost everything.”, Angelo stressed. “My family, my life; all of it, gone.”, Angelo slumped back onto the ground. “That not enough? I don't even have anywhere to run to! And you; the only other Mutant I've met since this happened to me, is gonna leave me to die? Or worse? How are you any different from me?”

Eddie turned away, swearing to the side. He took a deep breath and thought for a moment.

“Alright...”, Eddie finally said, turning to face Angelo. “I've called for a pick-up from some friends, they're a part of the University I live at; a Uni for Mutants like us.”

Angelo blinked, “Y-you mean I can come with you?”

“I mean that I'm better than you!”, Eddie stated. “...that and I don't want you to get yourself in trouble.”

“Really?”, Angelo asked, scrambling back to his feet. “You won't sell me out to them? The ones who did this to me, I mean.”

“Let's get one thing straight, Angelo.”, Eddie said, waving his finger at the bright eyed blonde. “'X-Men don't kill'.”

“'X-Men'?”, Angelo asked, confused out of his mind by the look of the expression on his face.

Eddie sighed. “There's a lot you need to lean about, dude.”, he smirked.

-
"I've met dozens like you. Skipped off home early, minor graft jobs here and there. Spent some time in lock-up too, I'll warrant; but less than you claim. And now you're, what, a petty theif with delusions of standing? Sad little king of a sad little hill..." - River Tam, 'Firefly'

Chaos
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Chaos »

'Trip...'

It wasn't him, it was the rest of the world.

Yeah. That was it. Definitely.

Eddie checked the speed of the car; a safe 30mph. Awesome. He tried to fix his ever tiring eyes on the road ahead. Weird, everything looked a strange purple...a hostile lilac. A paranoid pink.

“Wh-...the hell?”

What Eddie had taken that night, he'd no idea. He recalled a fight at a bar, some stolen cash in-

“The glove box!”, he laughed suddenly. Yeah, that's where she'd put it. Come to think of it, she wasn't in the car, yet he was.

Ah. Things to add to the 'not-his-property' list; Karen's car.

But more to the point, what was happening? Drugs was Eddie's best guess, and that was never a good combo with drinking; had he ever even done so after discovering his new 'super-sense' thing? How would this affect it?

Why were there no other cars on this road?

This strange...purple-lilac-pink road.

Eddie shook his head, looking around at the scenery; trees. Lots of trees about. And a sign. Eddie squinted his eyes at the sign and read it aloud to himself:

“Lonely, are you, Eddie?”

Wow...that sign knew him better than he cared to. Eddie looked over at the passenger seat. It was Ronnie.

A somewhat more...provocative Ronnie. Wearing a buttoned-down shirt and a very short skirt.

“You know, one of the things I dislike about you is that you're the sort of guy who constantly does this...”, she said, applying lipstick carefully. Eddie's eyes narrowed on her, trying not to be distracted by her legs.

“Does what? Has fun? Gets laid?”, he smirked, looking back at the road. Ha, that's right.

“No, acts on impulse like an animal and only furthers his pathetic drudge throughout life.”, answered Ronnie, matter-of-factly as ever. “How are you ever going to win me over like that?”

Eddie cut his eye at her, damn her sexy demeanour and her good looks.

“Face the facts, Eddie.”, Ronnie said, leaning over the gearstick and placing herself against Eddie's side. “You want me, and you'll never get me...”

Eddie turned slowly, watching Ronnie's lips. Goddamn she was hot. He went to kiss her.

“Eyes on the road, jackass!!!”, came the sudden voice of Darren. 'Darren?', Eddie sprang to attention, grabbing tighter the steering wheel, narrowly swerving the car past a human-sized Teddy, wearing the Night Vision Goggles he'd taken from Castle. The large bear watched the car almost hit him like a sentinel, Teddy froze his emerald gaze on the vehicle as it swerved by.
“What the HELL was that?! You almost hit Teddy!”, Darren yelled. Eddie shook his head, patting it on one side as if to get something out; a commanding voice was yelling at him.

“Lost your mother! Lost your best friend! Lost your marbles! The total cost is £40.75! Cash, cheque or Credit?!”

Eddie head-butted the steering wheel with a groan, turning to Darren. “W-where did you come from?!”, Eddie shouted, Darren looked at him puzzled.

“You tell me, 'gimp-man'”, answered Darren. Eddie shook his head with a smirk.

“So why are you here, anyway?”, Eddie continued, half wishing he had Ronnie's company again.

“I have no idea, and that's weird for me; I'm a freakin' genius.”

Eddie nodded in agreement, that was true at least. Another sign came into view overhead; 'MAYSAYSHILOL', it read.

“Wow...”, Darren smirked, looking back at Eddie. “This is scary, isn't it? Even more scary than being responsible, eh?” Eddie froze in fear, turning to look at Darren as slowly as possible.

Mayhem was there. And angry. He pounced with a roar.

With a scream, Eddie found himself looking at the road again. This time he was driving past numerous people; the guys at XU, the bad guys...

“Hey slow down!”

Eddie looked down at the speed dial, he'd sped up to almost 70mph. Taking his foot off the accelerator he turned to see his company now; leaning over from the back of the car was Jay.

“Ha!”, Eddie laughed in his face. “Now I KNOW you ain't real!”, he triumphantly said. “You have short hair! It's long really!”

Jay looked disheartened, “You always thought it'd look better short...”, said the scarlet-haired lad, running his hand through his hair. Eddie eyed him suspiciously.

“True...but I know you prefer it long; makes you look gay.”, Eddie stuck his tongue out at Jay, who raised an eyebrow at him.

“Ah...have no idea what you're talking about.”, Jay said to him. Eddie laughed.

“Of course not! You don't know if you are or not, huh?”

Jay slumped back in his seat. “Know what? You're the one who needs to sort his life out.”, Jay leaned back over to Eddie. “Besides, where'd you learn how to drive?” Eddie nodded, that's right, he couldn't drive.

Eddie turned back to the road, slamming into someone. The person's face went straight through the windscreen and crashed into him.

It was his father.

-

“Jesus Christ!”, screamed Eddie, jumping awake. He was in the back seat of Karen's car. Ed looked around the interior of the car; in the passenger seat was Karen, laughing at the top of her voice, in the driver's seat was...

“Kaz...Kaz? Kaz!”, Eddie kicked the passenger seat until she turned to look at him. “Who's that?”

The blonde girl looked at him. “Brad, remember? He just crashed my car!”, Karen went back to laughing, obviously still high as a kite. Eddie looked at Brad; he was unconscious, but alive.

“Right, bored of this weirdness...”, Eddie said, leaning over to the glove box and withdrawing the cash inside. Ignoring Karen's protests he exited the car and began walking away from its wreckage.

“Where the hell are you going?!”, Karen screamed after him, Eddie turned around, still walking away from her.

“I'm donating this to charity and sorting my life out! Fuck this.”, he stated, turning around to leave.
'Well that was the weirdest shit that's ever happened to me, for real...', he thought. No more drugs with that kind of potency, not with alcohol, anyway.

-