06/06 Instance: Pool Fun

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

06/06 Instance: Pool Fun

Post by Ferguson »

Timeline-current

Christopher: Chris jumped into the pool and started swimming laps. Heh a sane person would be tired of water after that vacation.

Sophia: Sophia slipped out the patio door and tossed her towel over to the table as she made her way toward the pool. Once she caught sight of Chris, she paused to watch, not sure if she'd be in the way.

Christopher: After a few laps Chris lifted himself up out of the pool with ease and sat on the edge. He wiped the water out of his eyes and contemplated jumping back in.

Sophia: She chewed on her lip as he pulled himself out. This was turning out a lot like her coming into the rec room...

Christopher: Chris looked over and noticed the new person present. "Oh hey there... uhmm Sophia right?" He rubbed the back of his head and then walked over and grabbed his towel.

Sophia: "Wha- Oh, yeah, Sophia," she nodded, brushing a few stray strands of hair out of her face, "Hi."

Christopher: "You okay?" He put his towel over his shoulders and sat down in one of the chairs by the pool.

Sophia: Sophia nodded again, "Yeah, fine. Just wasn't sure if I was interrupting..."

Christopher: "Oh no it's fine. It's a pretty big pool I can share." He smiled and looked up at the sun. "Hmm I wonder if I can tan even though I have a healing factor."

Sophia: She returned the smile and forced herself to move toward the pool, sticking her foot in to test the water, "I have no idea how that'd work."

Christopher: "Me neither I'm still new to this power thing." Chris rubbed his knuckles. "Accidentally blasted one of my friends the other day when I found out I had a new power."

Sophia: "Yeah, I am, too." Sophia raised an eyebrow and glanced back at him, "So, you go for people instead of furniture now?"

Christopher: "Nah I go for just about everything." He set the towel down and then ran over and swimmer dived into the pool just to resurface halfway across the pool.

Sophia: She laughed and watched him dive into the pool, averting her gaze when he surfaced and taking a step into the pool... only to miss the step. Yelping, she hit the water with a splash. Smooth, dumbass.

Christopher: "Woah." He swam over to her to see if she needed help. "You okay Sophia?" He treaded water next to her.

Sophia: Sophia pushed herself to the surface, spluttering. Taking a deep breath, she cleared her throat and managed a nod, trying not to look over too much as she answered, "Fine. I just slipped."

Christopher: "Uhmm okay." He swam over to the edge and hopped up so that he was sitting on it.

Sophia: She brushed her hair out of her face again, "So, how'd you accidentally blast someone?"

Christopher: "Long story you really don't wanna know. I'm just glad he had a healing factor." He rubbed his knuckles some more and then got up out the pool and stretched.

Sophia: "Well, I guess it could've been worse then..." she took a quick glance at him stretching before swimming to the opposite side of the pool.

Christopher: Chris walked back a few steps and then ran towards the pool jumping as high and as far as he could. "Cannon Ball!"

Sophia: She held her arms up to shield her eyes from the spray, grinning.

Christopher: He swam back up to the surface. "So what have you been up to since you've been here?"

Sophia: "Not much. Unpacking, getting used to the place, learning how to cook for myself," Sophia gave a shrug.

Christopher: "Oh so the fun stuff. I'm glad they taught me to cook in Boy Scouts." He leaned back and began to float on his back.

Sophia: "Boy Scouts..." Sophia trailed off in thought before adding, "I think I've heard of them..."

Christopher: "Uhmm survival stuff." He kicked a little swimming on his back around in the water.

Sophia: "We have something like that in Mexico, I believe," she gave a shrug and swam back to a spot where she could stand.

Christopher: "Well it is kinda a world wide thing, it's not called the same everywhere but it's the same basic thing." He got over to the edge and rested there with his arms on the edge of the pool so his chest was mostly out of the water.

Sophia: "Ah," Sophia nodded, "I guess we'd have that, then..."

Christopher: Chris pulled himself up out of the pool again but just sat on the edge this time. "Yup prolly. I've never been to Mexico so I wouldn't know."

Sophia: "I've, uh, never really been anywhere but here or there," she shrugged, "It's nice there." Well, she thought it was nice there, but that could be due to the fact that her family, house, and amazing cooks were also there.

Christopher: "Oh cool I've been a bunch of places. Australia, Hawaii, those were just this summer. Uhmm Japan, the Virgin Islands, uhmm a few more places but I can't remember the names right now."

Sophia: Sophia grinned, "That's really cool."

Christopher: "Yup It's pretty epic but I don't think my trips will be as often as they used to be." He ran his hands through his hair and brushed water out of it.

Sophia: "Why not?" she walked back until she reached the edge of the pool, then pulled herself out to sit at the edge.

Christopher: "Dad didn't much like that I am a mutant. Kinda disowned me. Mom's trying to help me out but it's not working to well so far." He laid back against the pool deck.

Sophia: "Oh..." Sophia glanced down at her feet, moving them around in the water, "I'm sorry."

Christopher: "Eh its fine. Mom gave me a shit ton of money for summer and I took a little of that and placed it in a safe place. So I'm set money wise until dad cools down. Other than that I don't really care. He wasn't my real dad. But then again he didn't want me either."

Sophia: She gave another shrug, "I don't think either of my parents were thrilled, but they accepted it. I mean, it's not like it'd be fair if they got rid of me and not Hec..."

Christopher: "Eh, I don't think my dad cares about fair." He leaned up and slid back into the water to cool off. "Damn it's hot out here."

Sophia: Sophia looked around the yard, shaking her head, "Eh, it's not that bad."

Christopher: "Well it’s a good deal hotter down in Mexico isn't it?" He dunked under and then came back up.

Sophia: "It is," she nodded, looking over at him.

Christopher: "Sounds uhmm fun." He decided to climb out of the water and walk over to where she was so they could talk face to face.

Sophia: Sophia watched him for a few moments before glancing back down at the water, "its okay." There wasn't much she could say, otherwise she'd give away who their family was, which Hec told her to not do.

Christopher: Chris set his feet in the water. "So you ready for classes?"

Sophia: "I think so. From what I've heard they aren't too hard."

Christopher: "Nope as long as you study they're pretty easy." He cracked his knuckles. "I usually just skip and do something else cuz tests and essays are just about all that matters."

Sophia: "So, what do you do instead if you aren't in class?" She imagined skipping class all the time would be boring. Eventually, you'd have to run out of things to do.

Christopher: "Work out, study up on bio stuff. Listen to music. Stuff like that." He looked up into the sky.

Sophia: "Ah. Don't you ever get bored though?" Sophia snuck a glance while he wasn't paying attention.

Christopher: "Hmm then I just find something else to do. But I do like working out. Especially when it's swimming." He looked around at the clouds.

Sophia: "I don't know that I could get away with skipping if I didn't do well on essays and tests," she commented, "I don't know how Hec would react, and I don't want to deal with an overbearing older brother."

Christopher: "No idea. I don't socialize with Hec much. Only his girlfriend Hepz. She's pretty cool." He leaned back again staring up as the clouds floated by.

Sophia: "He brought her home this summer for the family to meet. She is cool," Sophia agreed, looking over again as he leaned back.

Christopher: "Getting a nice view?" He chuckled a little. "Or would you like me to move a little?"

Sophia: "No, uh... I mean, um, yes..." she stumbled over the words as she turned her gaze back to the water, face burning slightly. "I, um, mean you're...uh, fine."

Christopher: Chris laughed some more. "Wanna get a drink?"

Sophia: Sophia slowly let out a breath and gave a nod, moving to stand up and fetch her towel, "Yeah, sure."

Christopher: Chris grabbed his towel and hung it over his shoulders. "Anything in particular that you like?"

Sophia: She grabbed her towel and wrapped it around herself, pulling her hair back, "Uh, not really. I'm good with whatever you choose."