6/9 Instance: Cooking Up Cat-Astrophe

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Timelined current.

Rogue: Rogue stood up reluctantly from her spot at the island, keeping her eyes on the page until she couldn't anymore, turning to pour the pasta into the boiling water. She stirred for a moment then checked the sauce and the breadsticks in the oven before going back to her magazine. She ripped out the page and turned to her notebook, filing it away as an idea for the ceremony.

Tigra: Tigra jumped up onto the wall from the lawn and hopped off it onto the patio, heading for the kitchen. She could smell food, someone was cooking. Which was good because she was hungry.... or bad depending on which way she looked at it. She opened the door and stepped inside.

Sophia: Sophia made her way to the kitchen while on her search for Hec. So far, the search had been a failure, and a break wouldn't hurt. She glanced around the room. Well, she knew Tigra, but she didn't know the other girl... And, no Hec. Of couse when she actually wants to talk to him, he's not around. Typical.

Christopher: Chris perked up from his seat in the rec room. Mmmm Rogue must be cooking. He sniffed the air taking in the amazing smell and got up to see if he could attempt to get a bite or two. When he got in the kitchen he noticed a few other people had gotten the same idea as him. "Hey there gals. Mmm Rogue that smells amazing."

Rogue: Rogue didn't look up as people came in until she heard someone speak to her, "Hmm? Oh, thanks, Chris!" She glanced at the other two girls and realized she didn't know them. "Hey, y'all! Ah'm Rogue. Y'all new?"

Tigra: Tigra nodded, "Yeah... new... Tigra..." she gave her a small smile, the sudden entrance of two more people making her a little nervous because of the confined space. "What're you cooking?" She sniffed at the pot, her tail curling behind her.

Sophia: "Yes. I'm Sophia," she shot Rogue a smile, then glanced at the other two, "Hi Chris, Tigra." She moved into the room and toward the fridge, going for a drink.

Christopher: Chris leaned back against one of the counters waiting till Sophia got a drink to get one himself. "Hmm now I don't know if I was drawn by the intoxicating smell or the cute girls." He shot a smirk to whoever was paying attention.

Rogue: "Nice ta meet y'all," she smiled at them both. "Pasta an' garlic bread at tha moment, gal. Y'all want some when it's ready? Gonna make some pie f'r mah fiancee after it's done but Ah could spare a piece'r two Ah'm sure."

Tigra: Tigra shook her head, "No thank you... smells nice though..." she filed those scents away, it'd been a while since her nose had smelled things like that. Her stomach reminded her that she was still hungry so she made her way over to the fridge, reaching past Sophia to snag some steak.

Sophia: Sophia slipped out of the way with a bottle of water since the fridge seemed to be in demand, "Nice to meet you, too. I think I've heard someone mention your cooking before. I wouldn't mind trying it."

Christopher: "I would never pass up a chance for some of your cooking Rogue." He got into the fridge and grabbed a coke after the two girls moved away from it. "Want a drink Rogue?"

Rogue: "Well thanks. If ya change ya mind, Ah'm makin' plenty. Always hafta 'round here. Mah food goes quick." She grinned, "Someone mentioned mah cookin'? Good things Ah hope. Surely Chris. Sweet tea, please, sugah. Should be a pitcher in tha back." She marked her place in one magazine and pulled a different one over.

Christopher: Chris grabbed a glass and then the pitcher, carefully pouring her a glass. "Here you go Rogue." He handed the sweat tea over to her and looked down at the different magazine's. "Uhmm... having fun?"

Sophia: "Yes, good things," she grinned and opened the bottle, taking a sip.

Tigra: Tigra pulled the steak out of the microwave after it's fifteen seconds of de-colding and climbed up onto a stool, perching carefully on it. Once she was sure it wasn't going to tip her off, she started eating. Mmmm steak. It was so much better when it wasn't cooked.

Rogue: Rogue took a sip from the glass, glanced up at Tigra then went back to her magazines. "Not really... Weddin' plannin's a lot more involved than Ah thought it'd be. Neena bought me all these magazines an' this here notebook an' told me what ta do. Gracious Ah'm worn out." She took another drink and went to check on the pasta, watching Sophia carefully for a moment, "Was it from Sam? He's kinda biased."

Tigra: "I heard your cooking was good I think...." Tigra frowned trying to remember, "Think Chris said...." She looked at him, "Did you say that?" her tail curled around her legs and tapped on her toes. "I don't remember who it was... hard to remember scents when there's so many in the room..."

Sophia: Sophia found a spot to sit and shook her head, "Who's Sam?"

Rogue: "Mah fiancee," she pointed to the notebook on the island, "There's a picture of us on tha front. Ya mighta seen'im 'round. He works down at tha stables on tha other side o' tha property." Rogue smiled at Tigra, "Thanks. So... Where y'all from?"

Christopher: "Uhmm it might have been me. I like her food enough to brag about it." He took a big sip of his coke.

Rogue: "Don't know anybody who don't, sugah," she grinned.

Tigra: Tigra grinned at Chris, chomping on another bit of steak. "I'm from Chicago," she told Rogue, "You're from down south somewhere, right?"

Sophia: She moved so she could see the picture and tried to think about whether she'd seen him as she answered Rogue's question, "Mexico."

Rogue: Rogue nodded, "Mmmhmm. Ah'm from Georgia originally... But claim Mississippi and Louisiana as mah homes too. An' now Kentucky. That's where Sam's from an' where all his family is."

Christopher: "Georgia here." He drank a bit more of his coke. "But you already knew that. I mean you did pick me up from the hospital."

Tigra: "That's a lot of states you got covered there..." she blinked, "Sure you got enough space?" Finishing her steak she hopped off the chair and went to clean off the plate.

Sophia: Sophia listened to the conversation as she took another drink from her water, vaguely wondering how much longer until the food was done.

Wade: "Hello everybody!" Wade yelled as he walked on to the stage with audience applause as if he wasn't on the show for a long time...in his head. In reality he just walked through the door. "So what's my favourite canucks doing all holed up in the kitchen?"

Rogue: "Yeah, that ain't even coverin' tha ones Ah roamed 'round in. Ah just lived in those. An' it don't count here, neither." She grinned as Wade came through the door, "Hey sugah! Ah'm cookin' pasta. Ya want some?" Rogue stirred the pot and pulled a noodle out to test it by throwing it at the fridge. It stuck so she took the pot to the sink to drain the noodles.

Tigra: "Jeeze.... that's crazy... having two homes is too many..." she put her plate on the side to drain, then climbed back up on her stool, looking over at yet another new person. "Uhhh.... hi?" she waved hesitantly, chewing her lip.

Rogue: "Ah got a real messed up past, sugah... Left home at twelve."

Wade: "I usually prefer having my food on a plate, but if that's how they serve it in Canadia...." Wade said as he watched the pasta on the fridge.

Sophia: "Hi," she greeted the guy that'd just come in, sipping at her drink again. He seemed a bit off...

Christopher: "Uhmm hi there..." Do I know this guy? "Wait who's canadian?" He stared at the person who just walked in.

Rogue: "Don't mind him, darlin'. Wade, sugah, grab some plates wouldja?" She moved the pasta back to the stove, setting it on a turned off burner before checking the sauce with a taste test.

Wade: "Yes el capitan," Wade turned, getting out plates, "Rutabaga here is from Canadia." Wade said nudging Rogue. He then stared at the plates. "Are you lot also eating? You better get your plates ready."

Tigra: Tigra watched the guy getting out the plates. "I ate already... and you're weird."

Sophia: Sophia blinked at him, "I, um, am. Could you grab me a plate too, please?"

Christopher: Chris definitely agreed with Tigra but he wasn't going to voice it. "Uhmm yeah I am." He walked over to where Wade was and reached around him to grab a plate for himself.

Rogue: "No, darlin', Ah'm from Georgia." She shook her head a little at Wade's antics then pulled the bread from the oven.

Wade: "You got a tail and shed. I think we're even now." Wade told the pussy as he passed a plate to the tanned frenchie. "So, pasta, yumyumyum, my tummy want to nomnomnom. Gimme." he said holding up his plate."

Rogue: Rogue laughed and dished him up some pasta, pouring sauce over the top and then sprinkling some parmesean over that. "Want some bread too, hun?"

Wade: "Yus." Wade answered.

Sophia: "Thank you," she took the plate with a grin and waited until Rogue was done with Wade's plate.

Wade: Wade made a (^-^) face as he sat back down with his food.

Tigra: "I do not shed." Tigra told him, holding back a growl. "How dare you even suggest such a thing..." She folded her arms.

Rogue: Rogue paused as she started to put some noodles on Sophia's plate, "Hey now, gal. No fightin' in mah kitchen. Wade didn't mean nothin' by that." She watched her for a moment longer before going back to dishing up for Sophia. "Bread?"

Wade: Wade stared at the pussy for a long while, and then finally broke it with. "Meow?"

Christopher: Oh he's dead. He backed away slowly to keep away from the blood shed.

Tigra: Tigra raised an eyebrow, her tail uncurling from around her legs. "What?" she fixed her gaze on Wade, she didn't have to blink for a while. "You think that's funny?"

Sophia: "Yes, please," she answered Rogue, then glanced between Wade and Tigra. At least she'd have food that was better than popcorn if there was a fight...

Rogue: Rogue rolled her eyes and sighed, "Here we go." She put some bread on Sophia's plate and started to dish up faster for Chris. "Tigra, Wade cain't really help it. Ya just gotta learn ta roll with tha punches. Like Ah said, he didn't mean nothin' by it." She arched an eyebrow at Wade, "Did ya, sugah?"

Wade: "Well it depends, whether there's going to be a cat fight or not. If not, then no, I don't actually mean anything I say, then again, do I say what I mean? It all comes down to the psychological state of my mind and whether I'm fit to actually make up a sentence or just sit here and drool for half an hour. I think I'll drool after the food. Mmm...fooood." Wade shoved food in his mouth.

Tigra: "If you're not going to say what you mean, why talk at all?" She frowned, "It's a waste of time." A victory for the rational side of her brain! She'd managed to conquer the feral.... for now.

Rogue: "Because he's Wade. An' he likes ta hear his own voice." She dished up a plate for herself and sat back down with all her magazines.

Wade: I think it's my secondary, This is inside, use outside voice. "...I think it's my secondary mutation this talking thing. My main mutation is my pretty. Tertiary is my sanity. Quaternary would be my dress sense."

Wade: "Quinary is my inane ability to always guess the wrong answer even with true and false questions. Senary mutation is the uncanny fact that I usually am where need to be and I forgot my septenary, octonary, nonary and denary mutations."

Wade: "You can only guess what my vigenary powers are." Wade waggled his eyebrows at the kitty cat.

Sophia: Sophia took a bite of the pasta as she listened to Wade ramble, eventually commenting to Rogue, "This is really good."

Tigra: Tigra blinked at Wade. "You... Stop talking. You're making my brain hurt."

Wade: "That's my duodenary power, you know." Wade then nommed food.

Rogue: Rogue smiled at Sophia, "Thanks. But it's just pasta. Anybody can cook th-," she paused and made a face, thinking of Rae, "Almost anybody," she clarified, "can cook that." She blinked at Wade for a moment and then decided saying anything to him would distract him from eating and just confuse her more.

Rogue: Just as she started to take a bite, her phone went off. She glanced down and grinned at the text, "Ah'll be back in a few, y'all. Gonna go meet Sam f'r a few minutes between classes. Enjoy whatcha can o' tha food 'fore everyone descends 'pon it."

Wade: "... can you say that again, I don't speak french." Wade told Rogue who seemed to have missed hearing him as she just left.

Tigra: "Bye Rogue..." she waved then hopped off the stool to look in the fridge again.
Raven Hare
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: Talking Pussy

Post by Raven Hare »

Love Wade! Nice group instance. :)
:hepz :kitty