06/11 Instance: Out Clubbing

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

06/11 Instance: Out Clubbing

Post by steyn »

Timeline: Current

Eddie opened the door of his new room and surveyed its interior. It was definately big enough for two, but would probably still feel small with another person in it. Ed thought it a shame; he'd really enjoyed having a room to himself last year. Still, how bad could it be?

Entering the room and laying his bag on the bed nearest the window, Eddie sat down and took a deep breath; now to await his roomie.

Wade surveyed all he saw. Everything the light touches is our Kingdom. That's The Lion King. "Oh right." Wade shrugged as he stood on the rather sturdy but not very pretty DIY platform he built on the mansion's roof, and then yelled, "FORE!!!" and hit the golf ball and watched it shoot. It was nice of them to give us a room so close to the roof.

"What the hell?", Eddie said aloud, looking up at the celling. Was that someone on the roof? Eddie went over to the window and opened it, leaning outside to see who was up there. "Hey! Anyone above?!"

"...hello? Who is this?!" Wade yelled and looked around him. "God?!" Don't be silly, God wouldn't ask who's above him. "Devil?!"

Eddie laughed, "No. It's Eddie! Eddie Brock! Your new roomie!", he pulled himself out of the window and climbed upwards, reaching the roof with relative ease (God bless super-powers). Eddie propped himself up, looking over to Wade. "Hey."

"Fool me once, Devil, shame on you, but fool me five times..." Wade poked Eddie with a golf club. "Oh, wait no, you're real. Hey man, grab a stick." Wade said tapping the bag of golf clubs with his club.

"Golf.", Eddie said, stating the obvious. He climbed to his feet and looked around. "You're playing golf up here? Sweet.", he smirked, humouring this somewhat quirky character. Eddie inspected the selection of clubs. "Didn't get your name, by the way."

"His Honourable Sir Rumsteady Whiskeybottom von Dashingberg the Eighth, but people have trouble remembering that, so just call me Wade." Wade said, grabbing a ball from the basket and putting it on the tee.

"...'Wade' it is then, unanimously.", Eddie grinned, picking up a rather sturdy Hardwood. Oh, this guy was fun; mad as a crack-sniffing hatter, but fun. Eddie crouched down and inspected the ball selection, resting the club on his shoulder.

"You do this often then?", Eddie asked, pointing out to the distance. "Rain your balls hard on the local wildlife?", he snickered, 'raining balls', haha...

Wade pulled back and swung him club. Ball shooting off into the distance, a far off bird screaming for dear life and flying out of the woods rather limply.

Along with the ball, the club also flew, but not as far. "Nnnope." Was Wade's answer on his experience, "Luckily these aren't my clubs." He said, then reached over to get another one.

Eddie picked up a ball and approached the 'green'. "Not yours, eh? Too bad, nice collection. These were mine, I'd go straight to e-Bay when I got bored.", Eddie waved the blue ball he'd chosen, "May I?"

"You May." Wade answered, moving out of the way. "So what's a scruffy man like you doing in mansion like this?" Wade asked.

"My guess is that you tried out for the butler job, eh? Gonna get in the good books with the fatcat and when he got you in the will, one smack of the candlestick in the ballroom later, you're smoking cuban cigars lit by burning hundred dollar bills next to your pool filled with money?"

Eddie paused, turning to face wade with an open mouth and no smart reply in sight.

Instead, he laughed. "If you like, sweetheart.", he winked, turning around and placing the ball on a tee. He stood up and looked out to the distance. "You're an odd one, Wade; what do you do around here?"

Eddie looked over his shoulder at Wade, "Or are you partially hoping that you got my angle right and want in on my 'diabolical plan'?"

"Want in? Heck no, I'm orchestrating it all. I'm the dungeon master of your game, and I got you by the dice. It's either that or I'm spending my time here until I can find something better to do.

"Did you know they have free food here? It's like chimichangas from heaven, all you need to do is phone up the take away place, and, get this, put is on the 'tab'." Wade said, making airquotes as well. "I haven't found a fast food place that this mansion doesn't have a tab at."

Eddie laughed again, priming himself for his shot. "Yeah? Didn't know that; but I have noticed there's never a lack of chocolate puddings.", 'Damn...hungry for a chocolate pudding...'

"Oh that's because I ordered a truckload of the stuff a couple of months ago, you'd be surprised how long the stuff lasts. Already used most of them when we did the choclate pudding wrestling, good times." Wade reminisced.

Eddie swung, the ball making a satisfying 'smack' sound as it cleared the University grounds. "'Chocolate Pudding Wrestling'?", he echoed. "Sounds about as fun as the face you've pulled recalling it.", Eddie joked, gesturing to him.

"Oh that's nothing, you should have been here during the zombie attack. Nothing says excitement than lumbering through the mansion and repeating 'Braaaaaiiins' over and over. Mind you, they were really bad at the zombie acting, the other zombies."

"I don't remember much from that period of my life. It's as if I just remembered that bit, and the rest in between wasn't important enough to remember." Wade blinked. "My turn." He said, grabbing a fresh club from the bag.

Eddie stepped aside, greeting Wade's next turn with a gesturing hand and a slight bow. "So, any 'pet-peeves' or ground rules I should note for staying in a room with you this semester?"

"Only speak to me in the third person, never look me in the eyes, and ignore me when I watch you sleep." Wade put a ball on the tee, "Oh, and you might want to get some earplugs, the night terrors can get a bit loud."

Wade pulled back and swung. The ball shot off, straight for one of the garden statues, knocking off the one remaining arm of the woman. "Excellent! My Venus De Milo is completed!"

"Huh, nice shot...", Eddie commented. Wade had a damn good arm, that was for sure. "I'll be sure to note the eye thing, and don't worry about being creepy; I'm an expert. Proof: you can't ask anyone because they don't know..."

Eddie observed the selection of clubs once more. Though he did like the Hardwood. "As for speaking about you in third person, I may have some trouble."

"Him, speaking about him in third person." Wade corrected Eddie. He then shuffled out of the way, but accidentally knocked the basket of balls over. "Ack! My Balls! I'm losing my balls!" Wade yelled and scurried after some of them, which in hindsight wasn't that great of a plan, especially seeing that they were on a roof.

A roof a mansion. With nothing stopping him from falling. And nothing did stop him. So he fell, rolled a bit, and then fell some more all the way to the ground with an exclamated thud to make a point of when he landed. "THUD!"

Eddie darted to the edge of the roof, dropping the Hardwood and peering down. "Hey! You alright? If so, that looked awesome from here!", Eddie leaned a little further to see where Wade had impacted the ground below. "Still alive down there, Wade?"

"Gurglgghlgl grghaghlg arghh agghrlgh. Argh, gleargh arghlgh.*" Wade responded. * Translation: I fell off a mansion and broke my neck. I'm okay, but I think I landed on a rock, which is really uncomfortable.

Eddie frowned. "What?", he called down. This was silly. "Hold on! I'm coming down!", Eddie almost jumped down, but opted not to. Needed help. "Bear with me!", he called down, retreating back into their room via a window. Life was gonna be fun with this-un.