06/17 Instance: The Line is Sacred

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

06/17 Instance: The Line is Sacred

Post by steyn »

[Timeline same day and after 'Holy War' plz]

Angelo hung awkwardly from the celing; it was really tricky to learn how to use his webslinging abilities, especially since he'd had no real basic training to start with. Blowing his fringe out of his face, Angelo looked down on his shared room's floor. That line Adam had drawn was slightly further towards his side...he was sure of it.

"Not like you to make a mistake like that...", Angelo muttered to himself. What was that all about, then?

The door opened to admit the red and black blur that was Adam, then shut, the boy landing on his bed and curling up on it. "Get off the fucking ceiling, you freak." He muttered, without even looking up. He'd had about enough of twats in webs for the moment.

Angelo jumped a little, falling off his web and crashing on the floor below. "God's sake....ow...", he complained, looking up at Adam while rubbing the side of his head. "'sup? Feelin' ok?"

"Just fine." Adam smirked, sitting up, knees pulled up to his chest and arms wrapped tightly around them and a general air of don't ask surrounding him. "How's it hangin'?" He grinned at his own crap pun.

"Badly, feel like I'm getting worse at controling the web-motions...", Angelo sighed, tactfully avoiding the topic that Adam seemed reluctant to talk about. "Well, if you ever need to talk, it's not like I'm gonna judge you; not anymore, anyway..."

Angelo laughed a little, walking over to his own bed ans sitting down. "I don't judge people anymore; new leaf I've turned, I think."

"Good for you. I wish your fucking doppelganger would do the same. Prick." His face darkened for a moment before he literally pushed it away. "Anyway, it's not like I've given a shit whether you judge me or not - I'm not gonna change just because of your opinion of me. And I'm not gonna talk either. Why do you wanna control it?"

Angelo shrugged. "I dunno, I guess that I just figured God put me here for a reason, maybe to open my mind.", Angelo shrugged, "If I can understand my powers, they'll become a benefit moreso than an affliction."

"Sorry, 'doppleganger'; you mean Eddie?", Angelo inquired, raising a finger.

"All fucking mutation is is a fucking affliction. I'd be happier if I never had mine." Adam scowled, not looking at Angelo. "And yes, fucking Eddie. The fucker who punched me." Oh man, he was in for an entire new world of hurt.

"Ahh, wouldn't get so het-up about him...", Angelo shrugged again. "End of the day, the man's more of a burden to himself than anyone here; leave him alone long enough and he'll destroy himself, I tell you."

"Mind you...", Angelo nodded, looking away in thought. "He did punch you..."

"Exactly. I'm a firm believer in Karma, and I'm sure it doesn't mind if I give it a hand occasionally." Adam shrugged. "And I'll get 'het-up' about him if I want to. Fucking prick." He hugged his legs tighter. "So why are you suddenly all wise? Been at my happy pills again?"

Angelo gasped. "Hey! I haven't touched them in the first place!", he opened his dresser and withdrew an old-looking Nokia handset. "I sent a message to my sister; she says that I can meet up with her soon!", Angelo smiled, looking back over the text.

"Very good mood...", he smiled adoringly; he missed Anna very much. Angelo looked down at the line across the room again. "On the topic of our stuff though, have you moved that line? Only, it seems closer than before..."

"So happy for you." Adam still didn't look at him. "The line never moves. It's a line, marking out the constants and controlables in my life, clearly denoting what's yours and what's mine. It cannot move, being a constant and only chalk." He looked at Angelo then, slightly unhinged. "Why, are you accusing me of moving it?"

A blade slid out, very slowly.

Angelo's senses picked up the movement of Adam's bayonette. "Wh-? I'm not accusing you of anything!", he explained, "Look, deal with the Eddie situation as it happens, but don't do anything too rash, ok?"

"You're not a murdering psychopath, drugs or not.", Angelo smirked wryly.

"Shows what you know. Leave my line alone." The blade snapped back. "Don't make the mistake of your little lover there and assume shit about me. I don't appreciate it." Adam looked away, suddenly bored, rocking slightly. "So if you're going to see your sister, does that mean I get the room to myself for a while?"

"Yeah.", Angelo answered. "I'm thinking of going away on the weekend so you'll pretty much have free reign in here.", he scratched his head a little.

"Only thing I ask is if you could not mess around with my stuff while I'm gone.", Angelo smiled to Adam.

"Wouldn't dream of it. I have issues with people touching my stuff, so I don't do it back. I haven't had my own room in five years." Adam shrugged. "Might do some redecorating though, if you don't mind."

Angelo gave him a thumbs-up. "The Repo! posters have grown on me; any more of those, go for it.", he grinned. "Now, If you'll excuse me, I'ma go pack some more clothes."

"Sure, posters...yeah." Adam looked around shiftily. "Yeah, whatever. I need to take my meds again. Say hi to your sister for me."

Angelo stood to leave, smiling once more at Adam. "Sure, if you like. And please, try not to kill anyone here? I do appreciate your company, even if you hate mine.", with that, he left Adam alone in their humble abode.

"Mfff. Fuck you." Adam waited until he was well and truly gone, then got up and rubbed out the line, moving it half an inch towards Angelo's bed. After another moment's thought, he drew a smily face on a piece of paper with the words 'No Psycho Here' and stuck it to the other guy's alarm clock.

Then he knelt down, looking under the chest of draws. "Bit, hey Bit. I know you're under there." He murmured in Irish, voice oddly gentle as he pulled off his gloves. The tiny rabbit lolloped out, and Adam picked him up, cuddling him as he curled up on his bed. "Thank you, Bit." He smiled, burying his nose in the bunny's fur and closing his eyes.