06/19 Instance: ...Or Else It Gets The Hose Again.

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

06/19 Instance: ...Or Else It Gets The Hose Again.

Post by steyn »

[Timeline: 3 days after fic 'It puts the lotion on the skin' plz]

<@Jay> Jay was studying himself in the mirror of the bathroom - already the blue was fainter, more washed out. Whatever this was, it worked, and he smiled. He'd miss it, but not all that much. But...there was one small problem...

<@Jay> Because of how his wing sat and the way his back was, there was a spot he couldn't reach no matter how hard he tried. He needed another hand, but the idea of asking Darren to cream up his back... Jay pushed wet hair out of his face with an embarressed grin at his reflection. There was no way the guy wouldn't take it as a proposition.

<Darren> Darren was sat at his desk in the room, an antiquated(sp?) clock in bits on the table infront of him, hands morphed into various delicate files and tweasers and a look of intense concentration on his face.

<@Jay> Jay chewed his lip. He really needed that part treated too, or it was going to end up a random blue spot in the middle of his wings. He grabbed the tub, opening the bathroom door - checking that he'd remembered to pull on jeans this time - and peered around the door. Yup, Darren was there.

<Darren> Darren half turned his head at the door opening, "You done then man? Okay if I grab a shower then when I'm done with this piece-a shit?" He waved a cog in demonstration, one of the permement marks of Jay that had been left on his personality was the urge to shower every now and then, esspecially after doing greasy jobs like this.

<@Jay> "Uuuh...sure..." Jay looked down at the tub in his hand. "Listen...uh...can Ah ask y'all a favour, Gede? A seriously big one?" He glanced over to the metal wing on his bed - it still creeped him out a little that it was removable.

<Darren> "If it's to add a flame-thrower to your wing, sorry but no, Sel and I already tested that idea out and the wing blew up," Darren said, smirking in a way which left the viewer unsure if he was actually joking or not.

<@Jay> Jay grinned. "Non, Ah'm pretty cool wit' just bein' able to fly again - though it's still a li'l too heavy to fly for long." He raked a hand through his dripping hair, remaining wing pulled close to his back. "Um...but Ah do kinda need y'all's hands..." He winced. "Not dat way! Just...well..."

<@Jay> He held out the tub wordlessly.

<Darren> "Yeah, I'm working on developing some alloys that I think might help with that ... did you know this place has a nuclear bunker? Best place if you're trying to superheat metal to the temperature of a star," Darren blinked as Jay continued, then eyed up the tub suspiciously.

<@Jay> "...Remind me t' ring y'all before Ah disturb ya in d' labs den, ami." Jay blinked. "Ah don't wanna end up bein' vapourised by accident." He looked at the tub, then rubbed the back of his head. "Uuuuh...dere's dis spot..."

<Darren> Darren opened his mouth, the closed it and then raised an eyebrow at Jay, looking slightly credulous, "... Where exactly, I've seen your fornication-fantasies, I know where this is going ..."

<@Jay> Jay blushed, looking less purple and more reddish now. "Fuck y'all, dude, Ah just need a bit on my back done." He rolled his eyes. "Can reach dose bits jus' fine...not dat...y' know, Ah'd mind if you wanna lend a hand dere."

<Darren> "Want to lead a hand? I don't want to lead a hand, you know who would though, Kyle, got get him to do it," Darren said, trying to ignore the part of his brain that still thought it was Kyle, it wanted to lub-lotion Jay up, best send him to real Kyle incase anything ... funny happened.

<@Jay> Jay looked away. "Not until he stops leerin' at me. Bad enough y'all have d' memories of d' band, man. And...Ah dunno...since d' whole thing Ah've just...not...really wanted to, Ah guess." He shrugged. "Please, garcon? It's only a bit on my back between d' wings. Ah'd rather not have a random blue bit."

<Darren> "Trust me, Kyle will never stop leering at you," Darren responded a little gloomily, "and from where I'm sitting you invited any attention he's given you," Darren sighed and pushed his chair back from the table, "just the spot on your back then?" As far as he was concerned, a dip in Jay's sex-drive was a good thing, less chance of him being traumatised by one of the guy's dreams ...

<@Jay> "Yeah, just my back. Promise." Jay held out the cream, feeling oddly self-conscious. Well...Darren had Kyle's memories now, which meant that he'd seen him...yeah. Awkward. "Not 'sactly my fault, Gede. Guess Ah'm just dat good." He gave him a half-smile.

<Darren> "Yeah, you are," Darren said casually, from Kyle's point of view, he was. He took the tub and unscrewd the lid, getting a handful of cream and smeering it all over his fingers, "Roll ov-" he caught himself and sighed, wincing, Damnit, Kyle! "Turn around then."

<@Jay> That made him blush, doing as he was told wordlessly, wing flaring slightly before he stretched it out. Jay wanted to apologise, but it wasn't anyone's fault - and he'd half-expected this. It wasn't that long since the merge with him, and Kyle had only been maybe a week ago. "...Dis is fucked up, ain't it?" He muttered.

<Darren> "Oooooh yes," Darren sighed, as he eyed up the spot, a darker blue then the rest, "also I take it you know that if anyone hears about this you're crispy fried chicken, yeah?"

<@Jay> "You doin' my back or tellin' me to roll over? Because Ah ain't d' kiss-an'-tell type, garcon, y' know dat." Jay pulled his hair out of the way. "Ain't no one else's business what we do anyway." ...He could have worded that better. "Ah mean..."

<Darren> ... Darren went to facepalm, but remembered in time that his hand was covered in de-blueing cream so settled for just rolling his eyes, "All of it, we'll just pretend this never happened and next time you can get Kitty to help you out or something, okay?" he grumbled.

<@Jay> "...Ah'm sorry, man." Jay said quietly, hands in his pockets and head dropping a little. Hell, this was making things so awkward between them - even his half-hearted flirting was backfiring. "Ah didn't mean-" He cut himself off, shaking his head. "Fuck..."

<Darren> "Maybe there should be no talking either, unless we wanna dig out the invisible shovels," Darren said, trying to rub the cream on in the most masculine, non-gay way possible.

<@Jay> Jay just nodded, uncharacteristically quiet and trying to ignore the feeling of Darren's hand on his back, though his eyes slid closed and his wing curled a little - he liked being petted, damnit. "Yeah..." He murmured heavily. "Guess so."

<Darren> Darren's entire body language spoke of someone who was trying to crawl away from what thier hand was doing, he knew how much Jay liked being petted, "Thought we said no talking?"

<@Jay> Jay's wing slumped a little at that. Fuck, he wasn't sure how the hell he was supposed to act - he wanted Darren like hell and now the guy not only had all his sordid little secrets but could also 'remember' having sex with him, thanks to Kyle's memories - and even though he knew Darren was straight and didn't actually mean it, knowing he was disgusted by it kinda bit a little.

<@Darren> Darren finished rubbing in the last of the cream over the spot ... it was already starting to look a little lighter, "Done," he said, quickly wiping his hand on the blanket on the bed.

<Jay> "...Mesi, garcon." Jay moved away quickly, tossing the tub from hand to hand before putting the cream on the nightstand. "Listen...uh...Ah'm sorry...f' teasin' y'all about d' memories...guess it ain't so great..." He couldn't look at Darren. Fuck, why was he being so awkward?

<@Darren> Darren managed a smile as he continued to wipe his hand off, "Naaah, don't worry about it man, guess I'd worry something was really up if you didn't tease me about it."

<Jay> "Yeah well...still...y'll be okay, right?" Jay ran his hands through his hair, remaining wing still flared slightly. Tease? Yeah, he wanted to tease, but probably not the same sort of teasing Darren had in mind and it didn't help with the memories. "Look..." He sighed. "Ah'm gonna be studyin' tonight. Wanna get in some beers an' jus' chill?"

<@Darren> Darren finally finished wiping his hands down and stood up properly, the tension seeming to just drain out of the air, "Yeah ... that'd been cool, bro."

<Jay> Jay smiled, a little relief showing through. He didn't want to lose his best mate just because of a load of uncomfortable memories. "Awesome." Not that Darren would just...ditch him, but... "And Ah'll even do up some bayou gumbo, if y're up for it. Proper cajun style, fuckloads of spice'n shit. Ain' as good as Viv's, but it does d' job."

<@Darren> "Cooking for me?" Darren grinned, "You the woman in this relationship then, dude?"

<Jay> Jay blushed and grinned, flicking his wing at him. "Fuck y'all, y'd like t' see me in a skirt, Gede. But Ah ain't had gumbo f' a while - y're welcome to share it, if y'all got d' balls for some cajun spice." Okay, he probably shouldn't have winked there, but like Darren said - there was something wrong if he wasn't teasing.

<@Darren> Darren ducked the wing, "You can eat anything when you don't have a tastebuds, want me to go out now then while you get your bitch-ass back in the kitchen?" He smirked, getting ready to duck again.

<Jay> The wing went low to render the duck useless as Jay laughed. "Y're jus' jealous because Ah can fuckin' cook. Go rob a bank an' get me my beer, tortue, an' make it decent. If yer really good, Ah might even teach y'all t' cheat at poker."

<@Darren> "Pussy? Who you calling a pussy man," Darren grumbled, giving Jay a shove as he walked over to the window, "You'd just better have my dinner on the table waiting for me when I get back," he joked, opening the window and climbing out, "talèr" he called over his shoulder before dropping out into the sky.

<@Darren> Well ... that had been ... surreal ...

<Jay> "Auréwar, mo ami." Jay smirked and waved lazily before tossing the tub onto his bed and trailing out of the room. Yeah, things might be awkward, but they'd settle. He hoped. Really hoped.