06/23 Instance: Dinner Talk

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

Timelined – the evening of ‘Powerball’

Sophia: Sophia: Sophia sipped at her drink as she glanced over the menu, trying to decide what she wanted. Nothing was bound to be as good as it was at home, but it couldn't be that bad. She looked across the table to Hepz and grinned, "Do you know what you want?"

Hepzibah: "Hmm..." Hepz knew the menu by heart, but she always looked over it just the same. "I usually just go with the number three with cheese fries and a vanilla milkshake. Hec usually gets the number five..." Hunger had driven them to swipe Hector's car and make for town to pick up some dinner.

Sophia: She took them choices under advisement and looked them over, debating, "I have no idea what I'm going to get."

Hepzibah: "Well, stay away from the 'South of the Border' section. After tasting real Mexican food, I think this place would just be an insult," she grinned, tucking a lock of blonde hair behind her ear.

Sophia: "I figured it wouldn't measure up," Sophia snickered, deciding she'd go with whatever Hec got. It couldn't be too bad if he liked it. Plus, so far she hadn't had a bad experience with food.

Hepzibah: The waitress came around, refilled their drinks and took their orders. After they were alone, she lowered her voice and asked. "So how are you holding up? I mean with what all happened to Sam and Sammy?" This was a hell of an intro to XU...

Sophia: She took another sip of her drink, giving a slight shrug, "It's... sad. I didn't know them though, so in a way easier to deal with... I guess. It's hard to imagine that all happened right in the kitchen..."

Hepzibah: "I'm still not sure what happened, myself. Everyone's still pretty spooked." Hepz tapped at her straw. "Figured it would both of us some good to get out for a while. Get you out from under Hector's mother henning," she teased trying to lighten the mood a little.

Sophia: "He's not that bad..." Sophia smiled, "Well, most of the time."

Hepzibah: Hepz laughed, "Well, he keeps a pretty close eye on me but then again, I probably tend to get into a lot more trouble than you. If there are two choices, I'm going to make the wrong one - every time."

Sophia: She laughed, "I actually don't see him very much, which may be the point. We went out to dinner while you were away though."

Hepzibah: "Yeah... just because you don't see him, don't assume he's not there," she grinned, taking a sip of her water while she waited for her milkshake. "Glad you to got to go hang out. Have fun?"

Sophia: "Yeah, it was pretty fun. It's nice to be able to spend time with him again," Sophia smiled.

Hepzibah: Just then, their plates arrived. Hepz took her coney and cheese fries with a smile as the waitress sat her milkshake down. "Hec's built up a rep around the school. He's ragged some of the other students pretty hard, so you might hear some shi - stuff that don't sound too good. Just got to ignore that."

Sophia: She thanked the waitress and nibbled on a fry, nodding, "Yeah, I've heard some stuff from my roommate about him. I asked him about it, he changed the subject, so I just let it go."

Hepzibah: Hepz raised her eyebrows and started to ask 'what kind of stuff', but stopped herself. Hector didn't need her to fight his battles for him, even though it was tempting sometimes. She tried to think of something to talk about as her hand went to the catseye around her throat. "So... I was going to ask. This pendent... why was your father going to be 'unhappy' to see it?"

Sophia: Sophia took a drink and eyed the pendant for a moment before answering, "Ah, um, Hector took it when he left, which wasn't a great period for our family. Plus, it's an heirloom. It belonged to our grandmother."

Hepzibah: That made her blink for a moment. Hepz figured he'd just lifted it from somewhere; she'd never dreamed it was a family heirloom kind of a thing. Suddenly it made even more sense why he'd reacted the way he did when Pietro had kept it after sending her back. She rubbed her fingers over it and smiled a little. "Oh... well, that explains a few things." She drank her milkshake and contemplated that.

Sophia: "Yeah, father was less than thrilled," she popped another fry in her mouth, considering how to word it, "So, you know how I told you Pietro was getting me notes about my powers? He gave them to me, and they've been pretty useful."

Hepzibah: Hepzibah froze and slowly looked up at Sophia. "Do you know how he got that information?" There was a low, barely detectable growl in her voice. Hepz already knew how much blood was on that paperwork - but she prayed Sophia hadn't thought about it.

Sophia: "He didn't mention anything about the notes," she shook her head, "But, I can imagine from what you told me. I also told him I know about all of that."

Hepzibah: "Then you know that a mutant was kidnapped and tortured - probably to DEATH so Pietro could try and impress you with some cheat sheets??" Hepz felt her voice rising and fought to reign it in.

Sophia: "He told me the mutant was fine," Sophia replied, deciding it was better to just tell Hepz, "He, uh, also wanted me to tell you some stuff..."

Hepzibah: "Well, what the hell did you expect him to say, Sophia?! 'Here are some papers we brutalized a mutant to get. Oh - don't mind the blood stains??' They kept us in fucking cages!!" She was shaking all over. "There is nothing that sick bastard has to say that I am the least bit interested in hearing... except maybe that he has some incredibly painful, incurable, and fatal disease."

Sophia: She cringed. She'd known this probably wouldn't go over well, but she told Pietro she'd try. "He just wanted me to tell you that he has some stuff that he wants to give you. I mean, if you want, I can get it for you, so you don't have to see him."
Hepzibah: This is Hector's sister. This is Hector's sister. This is Hector's sister. She kept repeating that in the back of her mind, right next to where the feral was scratching and clawing to get out. Maybe Pietro had manned up and was ready to tell her where his old man was so she could finally balance the scales after all these years. "What 'stuff'?"

Sophia: "A note, some journals, business card. Things like that," Sophia shrugged, feel slightly guilty over bringing this all up.

Hepzibah: Hepzibah took a breath to calm herself and made herself nod while forcing down some more of her milkshake, her version of Prozac. "All right, Sophia," she said at last. "I'll talk to Hector - decide what to do. But I don't want you involved, all right? Just steer clear of him, ok? Please..." There was a sincere plea in Hepz's voice.

Sophia: "Okay, I'll try," she nodded, trying to think of something else to talk about, "Oh, J's helping me with my powers."

Hepzibah: "I know, I went to see him while he was working on your glasses." Hepz didn't even have the words for how grateful she was the change of topics. "He get them finished?" As the waitress came to check on them, she ordered take out for Hector and asked for a to-go box. It would be awhile before she'd be able to eat again.

Sophia: "Yeah, they're awesome," Sophia grinned, reaching into her pocket for the case. She pulled the glasses out and offered them to Hepz, "Wanna try them on?"

Hepzibah: "Oh wow..." Hepz slipped the glasses on and stared around. Her hand raised up to sweep at a passing air current, causing it to flutter into more air currents and disturbances. "This is way cool..." She played with them a little more, then took them off and handed them back before the people at the next table thought she was high on something.

Sophia: She ate some more of her meal as she watched Hepz with the glasses. She must've looked that ridiculous when she first tried them on, too. "J gave them to me, and we went outside to try them out. Played some basketball."

Sophia: Sophia returned the glasses to the case, "It was a lot of fun. I definitely won."

Hepzibah: "J's a sweetie. He's an odd little duck, but he's good as gold." Hepz smiled. "Don't really take for much of a basketball player... He's kinda..." She held her hand out denoting J's short height. "Now, horse jockey... that I could see," she grinned, finally starting to feel a little better.

Sophia: She nodded, returning the grin, "He's actually pretty good. He said he always wanted to be on a team but never got to."

Hepzibah: "Well, maybe we could start a basketball team. Get our jollies kicking the other colleges butts. Team full of mutants against a bunch of normals? How could we loose?" She was careful to keep her voice low so no one could overhear her. Most people were busy tending to the own matters after her outburst earlier.

Sophia: Sophia started to reply but paused when the waitress showed up with Hec's food, the to-go box, and check. She went for the check after the girl went away, then continued with her response, "That'd be amusing. I don't think any of us would even have to try."

Hepzibah: "Oh, here." Hepz dug into her pocket and dug out some twenties. "Here, Hector's buying - he just doesn't know it yet," she grinned devilishly as she dumped her food into the togo box and put it in the bag on top of Hector's food. "He's awesomely generous that way."

Sophia: Laughing, she took the money, "I could've paid, but I guess if Hec wants to be nice we should let him."

Hepzibah: "He nicer than he thinks he is," she laughed with her co-conspirator. She was going to suggest finding some trouble to get into. But Hec's food was getting cold... and he was going to miss his car eventually. "Home then?"

Sophia: "Sounds good," Sophia smiled and nodded, taking one last sip of her drink.
stjohn
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: The Boggy Man

Post by stjohn »

... Yeah... Very 'awesomely generous'... *glares!*
Stjohn: did i walk in on yall doing :shifty?
* Bobby covers Lorna's goodies and whistles innocently.
Lorna: You see nothing!
Stjohn: pay no attention to the couple under the covers?
Lorna: There is no couple, no covers, and, on a different note, no spoon.
Stjohn: I don't believe you. I'm holding a spoon right now.
Lorna: Well damn
Raven Hare
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: Talking Pussy

Post by Raven Hare »

But... They're bringing him back a plate. :halo
:hepz :kitty
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate