06/27 Instance: Chocolate Bunnies

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Freak
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Doctor Nemesis

06/27 Instance: Chocolate Bunnies

Post by Freak »

((Timeline current))

Adam was holding on to the bar with one hand, eying up the ground beneath him (way beneath him) with some trepedition. Well shit. He looked up, blowing blond hair out of his face, then narrowed his eyes at the wall beside him. It's the DR, it won't hurt if I fall, really won't...oh man...

The light was on over the DR door, showing someone was running a program. Kitty had checked just about everywhere else, so this was one the last places Adam could be. She'd meant to tell him sooner, but the whole nightmare with Sam and 'Kevin'... Well, no time like the present. At least this was happy news and they could all use some of that. Kitty pressed the button and to doors slid open.

Adam swung, planting booted feet on the wall and hissing out a breath as he grabbed the bar with both hands, letting go with the first hand and trying to shake the burn out of the shoulder. Wait - door was opening? He sniffed. Oooh, Kitty! He grinned, eyes shifting red as he used the blood-sense to work out where she was.

He took a deep breath, blurred into speed and ran across the vertical wall, pushing off and doing a sideways-flip into another one, before running down that one and somersaulting - landing right in front of her. "Hey Cait!" He panted, eyes still red.

Kitty took a step back instinctively, then she clapped, laughing a little. "Hey Adam, that was amazing!" she grinned.

Adam preened a little, before grinning, his eyes fading back to normal. "Got bored, ran out of people to irritate, got too much energy so figured y' know, we have this...holodeck thing, might as well...you know?" He dropped to sit on the floor, folding his legs, leaning back on his hands.

His top was bare and he had his ever-present gloves on, though he had plain black jeans and boots for once, his normal blond hair plain.

Nodding, Kitty sat down too, criss crossing her legs. "Yeah, I've been trying to keep busy with class and putting up all my summer clothes... just trying to keep busy. J and I have been hanging out." She sighed, rubbing her neck. "I've had to sleep in the rec room the last few night because Julie turned crickets loose in our room." Her expression showed exactly what she thought of that.

Adam raised an eyebrow. "...Why'd she do that? And aren't there any spare rooms you could use?" He hadn't really met Julie much, but she seemed a little tapped, and that was coming from him. "I'm...sorry I haven't been around much...um..."

"Who knows! Maybe, she dropped the container or maybe she decided to let them out to play or something. I don't know. I'm just waiting for that little purple lizard thing of her's to eat them all." She frowned. "I'm just hoping they don't breed or something," she cringed. "Then I will have to get another room."

"You can stay in mine if you want!" Adam grinned at her. "I mean - if you want to." He rubbed the back of his neck, not looking at her. "I promise all you'll get is maybe some chalk on you and possibly a tin-hat into the bargain." That was a point...he needed to drop around to Lorna's room. "Angelo won't mind. He usually just writes poetry or something about roses."

Tin hat? Kitty grinned but shook her head. "I appreciate it, but I think I'll pass. But if you of anything that repels crickets without hurting rabbits..." She perked back up. "Speaking of rabbits - how are you and LIttle Bit betting on?"

"Fire." Adam said promptly. "Fire gets rid of everything. Just take your bunny out and all your stuff and set it on fire." He gave her a smile that left whoever saw it unsure if he was serious or not - and wondering where his syringes were. "Oh, fine! He's...been a real help...after everything..."

"Umm..." Somehow she didn't think burning down the school was the best way to deal with the cricket infestation problem. She smiled at his last line. "I'm glad. You know, I was talking to Darren..."

Adam cocked his head slightly, tightening his gloves and running his hands through his hair. "Oh?"

"Well, yeah. I mean, Spook is Little Bit's daddy," she explained. "So I wanted to make sure he'd be ok with it if I asked if you'd like to keep Little Bit - you know, like... permanently." She grinned that added quickly. "I mean - only if you want to..."

Adam stared at Kitty. "You mean...keep him? A-as a pet? For me?" His sky-blue eyes were wide. "Really? You're not kidding?"

She shook her head, "Nope, not kidding," It ocurred to her that that would be a terrible joke to play on someone. "Darren even said you'd build you a hutch if you like."

Adam grinned widely, his whole face lighting up. "Like? I'd love it! Oh god, this is amazing! I-I mean, I figured you'd want him back but I was kinda hoping you'd forget I had him. He's been great, I've been loving having him - he's really soft and quiet, and seems to be fine with me being weird."

"it is a little weird," she admitted. "I mean that he took to you so fast," she explained quickly. "Little Bit doesn't usually like anybody, even me." She stretched her legs out and wriggled her toes in her sneakers to get the circulation going again. "I would have let you have him sooner. But, Darren if his grand daddy," she grinned. "I wanted to make sure he'd be cool with it."

"Explains a lot about Darren, if his grandkids are rabbits." Adam grinned. "No, no, that's okay - and animals like me, or something. Maybe I'm familiar." He hesitated, then carefully reached for Kitty's hand and squeezed it briefly before pulling back. He would get better at it. "Thank you, Cait. Seriously. It...means a lot."

She squeezed back for a split second before he withdrew his hand. "It's no problem Adam. I don't know if Little Bit would let me take him back now." she grinned then chuckled at his crack about Darren. "Well, yeah... Darren's all right though, really. Him and J both..." she mentioned, biting her lip a little knowing there was at least a little tension between them.

"Well...J did...kinda help me with...with the whole..." He gestured. "I-I guess he's not a bad kid. I just...I just...don't want any extra voices in my head and...there's things...I really don't want seen..." Adam shuddered. It had nearly all come out with Kevin. "Darren's just...well, I don't really know him well. He's just a little..." Too much, but he couldn't put why into words.

Kitty nodded. She didn't really understand but let it go satsified that at least Adam didn't have some kind of death wish for them. "If you like, I-I can talk to J for you. Just let him know you don't like it when he 'flashy things' you," she smiled. "

He's done it to me so many times, I hardly even notice anymore." Kitty had so very few secrets, the thought of someone reading her mind never really bothered her. But she did understand that people had a right to their privacy.

"I'd...I'd like that. I'm starting to come to the conclusion that no matter how hard I try, I'm going to end up making friends here." Adam gave her a half-smile as he fiddled with his gloves again. It was odd, he actually liked Kitty. "But I can appreciate he didn't...know...and he did help me."

Kitty smile, knowing J would be glad to hear that. She hated it when her friends were pissed at each other and she considered J and Adam her friends. "Yup, a friend or two and a bunny," she joked grinning. She looked around. "So what were you doing in here, besides burning off energy?"

"Just...that, really. Never got the chance to use what I have in Ireland. Was always warned to keep my 'weirdness' on the quiet." Adam air-quoted and rolled his eyes. "I've never been in a place where I'm completely accepted and after Kevin? I kinda figured you know. Should probably get into practice." Won't be caught again.

Nodding Kitty stood up. "Yeah, I can understand that. I got into a couple of pretty bad situations I kinda figured the same thing. I've gotten fairly decent at using a bostaff," she said a little proudly.

"Bostaff? I did karate a little while back." Adam grinned, standing up as well, towering over Kitty a little. "Maybe I should brush up on it. Actually start getting fit." He looked down at himself, gloved hands going over his thin chest. "Always been a little skinny." He chewed the inside of his cheek. "I..." He hesitated, looking around. "I think I like it here. A little."

Kitty almost poked his ribs teasingly, before she remembered that he didn't like being touched. "It's hard to keep from getting fat around this place. Professor Xavier makes sure the kit... there's always food around." She cleared her throat. "I'm glad you like it here... you know, a little," she grinned.

Adam gave her a shy smile, neatly ignoring her slip. "Eh, I won't get fat. No worries there. There's not much I can eat and I don't have huge portions anyway." Except chocolate. I need chocolate. I deserve chocolate. "Um...Kitty...? You uh...you wouldn't know where I can get proper chocolate from...would you? Like...English chocolate." He fidgeted nervously.

She put her finger to her chin and furrowed her brow in thought. "Well, I'm sure there's got to be a place somewhere." Her eyes brightened a little. "There's a gourmet chocolate shop in town. If they don't have it, I'll be they would know where you could get some," she said helpfully. "I'm not doing anything if you wanted to go check it out."

"...Now? I mean - I'd like that." Adam grinned again. "You better watch it, you're spoiling me. Um..." He thought for a moment. "Let me go get changed and get my money...I'll be with you in - literally - a few minutes?"

Kitty bounced a little. "You kidding? I'm always looking for an excuse to go to town." Nodding, she looked down. What she was wearing was fine, but she probably did want to grab a jacket. "Sure, meet you in the foyer in five minutes?"

"Sure!" Adam grinned. Chocolate! He bounced on the balls of his feet. He couldn't remember the last time he had a friend to go out with, let alone actually going somewhere with someone that he wanted to. "Um...I'll need to take meds and grab my happy box...not that anything'll happen, but..." He flushed a little and looked down. "Anyway. Five minutes. See you then!"

With that, he blurred out of the DR, grinning widely and just about resisting the urge to whoop.
:freak :andreas They're fighting!