6/27 Instance: Leave Cancelled

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

6/27 Instance: Leave Cancelled

Post by Starfish »

Timeline: On the same day as the game "Cannonballism."

Amanda: Amanda put the tray down in the middle of the table on the patio that the kids were all sitting around, "Lemonade, homemade since Darren told me that you had a thing for lemons," she said, smiling at Selene as she straightened up, tucking an errant strang of blond hair back from her face.

Darren: Darren watched the tray skeptically, "... Lemonade mom? We're not nine."

Selene: Selene's expression noticeably revealed her excitement when the tray with the lemonade came into view. "That's very considerate of you, Mrs. Kent," she said, putting on a courteous smile. "Thank you." She turned to Darren and gave him a look. "Be nice to your mother," she told him, then added under her breath: "Maybe she spiked it for us."

Jay: "Mesi, Mrs. Kent." Jay gave her a smile, wings flicking slightly, looking at the tray. Ever since he'd walked through the door, he'd felt mom loom up, though he'd managed to keep it back so far. "Ah'd say she had a thing indeed." He shot Selene a grin, picking up a glass.

Amanda: "Amanda, please," she sat down on a spare chair and picked up a glass, winking at her son, "it's a mother's pregoative to embaress her children, and I've got five years to make up for in your case," she took a sip.

Darren: "Yeah, yeah, alright mom," Darren rolled his eyes, taking a glass ... his mom did make good lemonade to be fair.

Selene: "If you need any suggestions to help you out with the embarrassment business, I'd be my pleasure to provide some examples of awkward moments in your son's life," Selene said, smirking briefly before lifting he glass to her lips to take a sip. "That's a delicious lemonade."

Jay: "Ah dunno, think y' and me can put our heads together on dat, Sel." Jay grinned and took a sip, then made a passable attempt at keeping his face from turning inside out. Sour, mom!

Darren: "Mom's already got plenty to go on guys, don't worry about that," Darren groaned.

Amanda: "I can always use more material however," Amanda smirked, "please, feel free to indulge an old woman."

Darren: "Aww, mom you're not that old," Darren put in.

Amanda: Amanad grinned and spread her hands, "Ahh, look at my good son, how well trained he is."

Selene: "That wasn't an easy task, by the way," Selene remarked. She chuckled before having another sip of lemonade, then turned to Amanda with a slight smile. "I have to agree with him, however. You're certainly way different from the mental image I had of Darren's mom before coming here."

Selene: (( http://www.futurama-madhouse.com.ar/fan ... inator.png ))

Jay: Jay simply grinned winningly at Darren. "Ah got some stories, given Ah'm his roomie an' all, eh, Gede?" He risked another sip. Yeah, not so painful this time. "And y'all ain't dat old, M-Amanda." He smiled at her, feeling oddly surreal - he could remember her being his mom, after all.

Amanda: "Well, niether of you are quite what I'd imagined either," she settled back, "and housetraining men rarely is, Selene, I see you've even got him using the litter box," she raised an eyebrow at Jay's comment, she wasn't entierly sure she'd want to hear any stories his queer room mate might have for her.

Darren: "That's 'cos she always makes sure she ats first before letting me plug in to recharge," Darren joked, reaching over to take Selene's hand.

Selene: Selene cocked her head and gave Darren a smirk, lightly squeezing his hand. "No worries, Amanda," she then said. "I doubt anyone knows exactly what to expect before meeting me. And not only for the first time, either. I have to commend your son for his patience when dealing with my antics."

Jay: Jay felt oddly out of place, wrapping his hands around his glass as he watched the three, wings curling a little. "Think Ah've just about got used to y'all, Sel." He smiled a little. "An' Darren's a handful to be sure. Spook an' Patches are less trouble'n him."

Amanda: "Oh, yes, I'd heard that Spook had been ... spreading his oats," Amanda chuckled, taking another sip of her lemonade, "you were able to find homes for all the kittens then?"

Darren: Darren nodded, drinking a little more as well, "Yeah, a couple went to some of Kitty's friends, Jay got one and this other kid at the school called Adam took in the last one," he squeezed Selene's hand, "hey, I like your antics babe."

Selene: "You only say that because you're scared of them," Selene said, flashing Darren a grin. "That reminds to find enough homes for Francesca's young. They recently came ouf of their eggs." She looked at the others. "She's a big wolf spider that happened to have migrated into one of my shelves, you know?"

Jay: "..." Jay stared into his glass and shuddered. "Y'all can keep dem away from me, mesi. Bad things happen t' spiders aroun' me." Fuck. He was checking his wings when he got back. And his bed. And under his bed. And then taking a vacuum to the entire room.

Amanda: "... How lovely dear," Amanda said polietly, though looking at the girl's manner of dress she shouldn't really be suprised that she liked spiders.

Darren: Darren grinned widly, "Maybe we should take them to the woods babe, otherwise your roomie's might crush them," he looked over at Jay, the feathers on his normal wing were all puffed out like a spooked pigeon and he couldn't help but laugh.

Jay: "Oh fuck y'all, Kent." Jay poked his tongue out at him. He'd know exactly what his train of thought was - and then he flushed. "Oh...shi- sorry, M-Amanda."

Selene: Selene put on a thoughtful expression, her head slightly tilted to the side. "You might be right about that," she said, but then a smile appeared on her face. "Oh, let me ask Adriana first. If she doesn't want to outright adopt her, she'll at least be able to give good advice."

Amanda: Amanda raised an eyebrow at Jay and sipped her lemonade.

Darren: Darren laughed, both at Jay and Selene, "Heh, yeah, good idea babe," he looked back over at his mom, "Adriana's another girl at the school, she does stuff with bugs," he explained.

Amanda: "Bugs? How ... interesting I'm sure ..."

Jay: Jay flushed at the look, taking another sip. Still as sour as he remembered. "Yeah...dere's a few strange ones. Though Ah ain't wearin' one of her hats again."

Selene: "Oh, I need to ask her about that twig hat she wanted to make for me," Selene said to herself. She chuckled at Jay's comment. "I don't think we have to hide our accomplishments when it comes to scoring high in the strance department."

Amanda: "Hat's huh? A fellow artist?" She looked over at her son, smiling proudly, "that's good that the school's encouraging that, what is it that you two are majoring in then?" she asked, finishing her lemonade and putting the glass back down on the tray.

Darren: Darren wondered if he should mention that the head of the art's department ideas for encouraging their creativity included chainsaws ... and thought better of it, he'd once gotten hold of the flamethrower his dad used for the barbeque when he was a kid and after that he'd been banned from ever going near any kind of gardening equipment.

Jay: Encouraging...right. Jay took another sip. "Music major. Composition an' performance...'parently Ah got a gift for it."

Selene: "Visual arts and literature," Selene said, nodding slightly. "Obviously us creatively inclined people go well together. I have to admit, we have quite brilliant teachers at the school. I doubt that my roadkill arrangement would have found much appreciation at a college with a more conservative attitude."

Amanda: "... Rooadkill you say?" Amanda asked carefully, "as in you scraped dead things off the road or?" Merciful God ... where had Darren found this one?

Darren: Sensing his mother's mood Darren groaned inwardly and covered his face with a hand.

Jay: Oh hell...Jay remembered the roadkill. Selene and Darren were on their own for this one - he was denying all knowledge.

Selene: Selene glanced at the others with shifty eyes, even she noticing that her remard hadn't been that well received. "Oh no, of course not," she said, thinking quickly to improvice. "It's made of food products, arranged to resemble roadkill. It's a representation of mankind's wasteful treatement of the environment and our mistreatment of animals."

Jay: ...Smooth, Sel, seriously smooth.

Amanda: "Oh ... well that sound's ... suitably arty I suppose," Amanda said, not missing the shifty look, "so I guess that's how you and Darren met then?"

Darren: "Actually we first met in the library, back when I'd lost my memory mom," Darren put in, finishing his own glass of lemonade off.

Selene: Selene nodded. "It's a good place when one has lost ones memory," she said. "The books there can be very helpful for figuring things out. Besides, it's a less popular place at she school, so it's also useful when one's looking for privacy."

Jay: Jay stayed quiet, concentrating on being polite and finishing the lemonade. It was times like this that Darren's memories were especially loud, and there was no way he was going to leave any room to make a slip. Besides...wasn't his place, he hadn't known Darren when he'd been 'Warlock' after all.

Darren: Darren just really hoped that Sel wouldn't go into detail about what had happened when they'd gotten more into seeking privacy.

Amanda: "Well, he's always loved reading, got that from his father," Amanda's smile grew a little sad at that, "always had his nose stuck in one of those terrible sci-fi novels."

Selene: "Some of them can be very interesting," Selene remarked, finishing her lemonade. She crossed her legs. "Personally, I prefer literature that delves into horror and the occult."

Amanda: "Really? You do suprise me now," Amanda smirked in a way very similar to her son.

Jay: Jay smiled a little behind his cup. "Dey've both done their best to get me into readin' but...ain't my thing, really." Lies. He had his own copy of War of the Worlds sitting guiltily in his bedside cabinate...but he didn't want to bring that up.

Selene: "Well, I always try to find some interesting reading material to recommend to my fellow students," Selene said, giving a slight not. "Or even introduce and read some books to them. With mixed results." How should she have known that de Sade's writings wouldn't make for the best reading material when it came to the more sensitive audiences at school?

Amanda: "Well, it's a gift to be able to guess books for people," Amanda said, "I've never really been one for reading myself, if God had meant for us to read he never would have invented televison huh?" She flashed Darren a grin.

Darren: Darren just rolled his eyes.

Selene: "I don't think he invented television," Selene remarked, a slightly puzzled look on her face. "Or books, for that matter."

Jay: Jay snorted. "Ain't dat d' truth, ma'am." Okay, ma'am he could do. Totally. He put down the glass. "Nothin' better'n veggin' out in front of a TV after studyin'."

Darren: "It's a joke Sel, don't worry, a really bad one." Darren said.

Amanda: "Oh not really, after all, all ideas come from God," Amanda said with a small smile, rolling her own eyes at the 'ma'am'.

Selene: "I guess... if you say so," Selene said, looking somewhat uncomfortable all of a sudden as she shifted to sit closer to Darren. Her eyes were trying to find the fastest escape route in case of sudden gospel outbreaks.

Jay: Jay's eyes narrowed and his wings flared a little as he tensed, before forcing himself to relax. Nothing wrong with Darren's mom having faith. She wasn't evangelical. Still...

Amanda: Amanda laughed a little at the expression on both the kids faces, "Oh, don't worry, I'm not gonna break out the holy water and start spraying you or anything."

Darren: Darren opened his mouth to argue, then froze ... he was getting a call from the school? He held up a hand, "Wait a sec, I just gotta take this call," he said, getting up and walking back inside as he answered, [Hello?]

Selene: Selene put on a wry smile. "That's good to hear," she said. "Bursting into flames certainly would have ruined my day. Not to mention my dress."

Jay: "Holy water don' do shit." Jay said bluntly, then winced. "Ah'm sorry. Bad experiences. Step-father was a preacher." He rubbed his shoulder, suddenly feeling oddly vulnerable without Darren there, caught between Selene (who he was still slightly unnerved about) and his mother...who he could remember being his...

Amanda: "Oh so is only the green ones that melt, the rest burst into flames?" Amanda chuckled, glancing back inside ... that didn't look like a happy conversation in there ...

Selene: Selene tilted her head, also looking inside to see Darren pace about. He really didn't look happy at all. "I wonder if the bunnies caused any trouble," she said.

Jay: "God, Ah hope not. But Patches an' Spook get on pretty well..." Jay grabbed the conversation gratefully, also glancing inside. Oh hell, that was Darren's game-face. "Unless Kitty's trainin' a secret army or somethin'..."

Amanda: Amanda cast a worried glance inside the room, no, her first and only son did not look happy at all, "Everything alright?" she asked him as he came back out onto the patio, looking visibly shaken, she got that sinking feeling in her gut that she always used to get with Jonathon whenever he got unexpected phonecalls.

Darren: Darren stared at his mother for a few moments, then looked over at Selene and Jay, "... No mom, they're not," he said carefully, "afraid we're going to have to cut this visit short ..."

Amanda: "What!? Why?" Amanada almost whined, "you only got here yesterday."

Selene: Selene put on a serious expression as she looked back at Darren. "Oh no," she said, uncrossing her legs. "I knew it's the bunnies."

Jay: Jay looked from Amanda to Darren, then to Selene before deciding to keep his mouth shut.

Darren: Darren gave his mother a very apologetic look, "That was Xaiver, he says he needs us back 'cos ... well, um, guys?" He looked back at Selene and Jay, "Um ... he said ... he said Sam Guthrie's dead."

Darren: After a moment's thought he added, "... Properly dead this time, as in ... apparently he ... blew up."

Amanda: The annoyance drained from Amanda's face and she covered her mouth with her hands, "Gott im himmel, a student?" she asked, Darren mearly nodded in responce.

Jay: Jay froze, going white. "...Sam?" Oh god... "Oui, student..." He murmured faintly. "How? Why? We goin' back now?"

Selene: Selene just stared at Darren, clearly surprised by the news, but also quite confused. "He blew up," she asked, arching her eyebrows. Selene briefly wondered if Rogue had nagged him so long until he popped, but decided that it certainly was too early for such remarks. "That's not supposed to happen, is it?"

Selene: Remembering what had happened to Forge, she almost asked if it had been another bomb. Seeing how this might have unsettled Darren's mom, she thought otherwise. "By himself," she asked instead.

Darren: "No, that Sammy kid too, there was some kind of ... attack or accident involving someone else who managed to get into the school," he looked back over at his mom, "security and stuff, they want me to get back and help track the guy who did it down."

Amanda: "Go?" Amanda started, But you only just got here ... she wanted to say, but ... that would be disrespectful so she changed it to, "I though you'd always said this place was safe?"

Jay: "It is...Ah've always felt safe there. It's where Ah came back to after...after everythin'." Jay looked up to Darren - he was telling an outright lie, but he wouldn't leave XU for the world. "But if we need t' help our friends...?" Sam...dead...? Another friend gone?

Selene: "It's safer than other places, anyway," Selene said, looking between Jay, Darren, and Amanda. She wasn't too sure about that statement, but Darren's mother looked nervous enough already. "Also, your son makes for an excellent taxi. We could continue our visit another time without much effort."

Darren: Darren gave his mom an appologetic smile and took her hand, "I promise mama, once we've sorted this we'll come back for a proper visit, okay?"

Amanda: Amanda sighed, keeping to herself the fact that Darren had been promising this visit since before the start of the summer break, "Well, you're dedicated at least, you get that from your father," she glanced over at Selene, she hoped the girl knew what she was letting herself in for if she was in for the long term in her relationship with Darren.

Jay: Jay glanced at Darren and then looked down, before standing up, stretching his wings out to their full span. "Ah'll kick his ass about it until he does, ma'am, an' Ah can be pretty persistant when Ah've got a reason, right, Gede?" He smirked.

Selene: "Besides, I have my own means to make him comply with my wishes," Selene added, a small smirk on her lips as she got to her feet. "We'll find ways to make him come back here."

Darren: Darren grinned, "Yeah, don't worry mom, they'll make sure I get back home soon, I just gotta deal with this, 'kay?"

Amanda: Amanda sighed and rolled her eyes, "Well, I guess I'll just have to hold you guys to that then, won't I?" She stood up and gave her son a brief hug, "God bless, son, safe trip back, guess I'll just have to pack away all those baby albums till next time."

Selene: "Now if that isn't an incentive to come back," Selene remarked, smiling at Darren and his mother.

Jay: Don't exactly need to show 'em to me though... Jay smirked. "Ah look forward to it. Y'all good to go, mo amis?"

Darren: Darren bent down and gave his mother a quick kiss on the cheek, "You just had to mention the photo albums?" he smiled, "Yeah, come on guys, let's get going, take care mom, I'll call you when we get back."

Amanda: "You'd better, you're still not to old or to tall to go across my knee, after all," she said, only half joking.
"The secondary penis slides into view. And they all lived happily ever after."
Kieron Gillen