7/01 Instance: Difficult Questions

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

7/01 Instance: Difficult Questions

Post by Starfish »

[Timeline day after 'Surprise!Lesbians']

<Jay> Jay was holed up in the library, hunched in a reversed chair and humming in perfect tune - as always - with the music coming out of his mp3 player. Three music textbooks were open on the table in front of him and he had his scorebook open, tweaking one of his compositions for class. He'd be fucked if he was just getting a 'B' for it.

<@Emily> With a sudden clap as her tome shut, a brown haired girl walked over and sat down across from Jay. Re-opening her book ('2000 AD: Judge Dredd, The complete Case Files'), she winked at him and bit her lip, going back to her reading.

<Jay> Jay glanced up at the sound, gold eyes flicking over the girl, wings twitching a little. Not another one...he pulled out one of the headphones. "...Hello Eddie." He said heavily. Please don't hit on me, please don't hit on me...

<@Emily> "Oh, play along!", Emily sighed, "What's wrong with you, Jay? You seem...shaken up?", she giggled, closing her graphic novel and leaning on it. "Bet I could consel you..."

<Jay> Jay actually winced. "Ah ain't in d' mood today, man." He tapped his pencil on the pad, before sitting back. "What? Ah'm fine. It's nothin'." He yawned, trying to ignore what the other guy...girl...whatever it was calling itself said. "Seriously."

<@Emily> Emily shrugged. "Killjoy; come on, what's up? You look really down.", she leaned her head on her right hand and blew some hair out of her face. "Please talk to me? Bored as hell...."

<Jay> Jay sighed, sitting back a little, taking out the other headphone. "Ah'm sorry, ami. Nothin's really up, guess Ah'm just below d' weather a little. Workin' too hard. Y' know?" He watched her for a moment before looking back at his work. "Y'all do know dat don't work on me, right?" He gave her a small smile from behind a lock of hair.

<@Emily> "Why not?", Emily asked, looking a little dissapointed, "Prefer some 'man-power'?", she smirked slyly, "Because I still have uh...'certain' things working."

<Jay> Jay actually blushed very slightly. "...Dat's just made me curious, now. And Ah don't really want anythin' right now." Liiiiiiar, the inner Darren chanted. He ran his hand through his hair, wings flexing a little as he did.

<@Emily> Emily laughed at Jay's reaction. "Such a 'cherry', aren't you? Well, whatever, if you get curious enough, a bit of fun wouldn't kill either of us.", she stuck her tongue out with a smile. "What are you working so hard on, anyway?"

<Jay> "...Ain't we already established dat Ah ain't a cherry, feé?" Jay said archly. "An' Ah'm sorry, but at d' moment satisfyin' any sort of curiousity's outta d' question." He scratched his bare chest absently. "Eh? Jus' some composition work. Ah'm a music major."

<@Emily> "Uh-huh...", Emily said, focussed moreso on Jay's chest. Damn, how long had it been since she'd...anything? Sure, she didn't wanna be a whore, but...well, there was Jay, just sitting there.

<@Emily> "S-sorry...uh...", Emily shook her head, "Didn't know you were into composition.", she covered herself with a genuine smile.

<Jay> Jay frowned at her before shrugging. "Wit' a voice like mine, bit hard not t' be musical. Plus, Ah'm in a band, an' Ah write songs. Might as well major in somethin' Ah'm good at. Anythin' y'all got in mind?"

<@Emily> Emily smiled, sitting up a little. "I'm thinking literature; English is my favourite thing ever so....yeah.", she shrugged, "One of the few things I'm good at, to be honest..."

<Jay> "Besides flirtin', y' mean?" Jay raised an eyebrow, smirking a little. "No wonder y' in a library den." He looked away for a moment. "Dude...can Ah ask y'all a question?"

<@Emily> "Of course, anything.", Emily smiled genuinely.

<Jay> Jay smiled. "Why'd y'all shift a girl? Ah mean..." He paused, trying to think of a way to put what he wanted into words. "Y'all...still a guy up here...right?" He tapped the side of his head. "Like...Darren?"

<@Emily> Emily nodded. "Honestly? It makes me feel...nice. Safe. People are nicer to me, flirting works better, it's fun and personally...", she paused for a moment, looking at Jay and smiling shyly. "It makes me feel beautiful."

<Jay> Jay blushed a little, without quite knowing why. "Oh..." He fiddled with his pencil. "Wh-what about...Ah mean, d' whole...sex thing...?"

<@Emily> "Ah...well...", Emily blushed a little, too, laughing slightly. "I have the power to give people whatever kind of pleasure they want, and I get to enjoy it, too!", she grinned toothily. "Does that not pretty much write itself? Besides, variety is win."

<Jay> "Fair enough." Oh man, that just made it worse. He knew why Darren shifted a girl anyway...why'd he ask? Jay wanted to facepalm at himself. Seemed the more he thought about it the more confused he got. "Mesi f' lettin' me ask, though. Ah just...my roomie does it too an'...Ah was jus' wonderin'." It wasn't common knowledge he shared all of Darren's experiences, after all...

<@Emily> "What, really?", Emily shook her head, "It's no problem, none at all; will you answer a question from me though?"

<Jay> "Sure, if Ah can. Shoot." Jay smiled at her.

<@Emily> "...uh, geez.", Emily began, "Would you...I mean, would you want to...you know...", she gestured with her hand, "Anytime, maybe?"

<Jay> Jay flushed hard. "Wh-what, as...as a girl?" Shit. "Uuuuh...y' know? Ah don't think Ah can...Ah mean..." He stared down at his sheets. "Y'all ain't really my type, ami." He settled for, lamely. Ah'm fuckin' gay. Ah like cock. What d' fuck is happenin' to me?

<@Emily> "...oh.", Emily managed, not without a hint of dissapointment in her voice. "Fair enough I guess. I'm gonna go...do something else, ok?", she tapped her novel before picking it up. "Read this one anyway.", she laughed nervously.

<@Emily> Emily got up to leave, "Sorry to...well, you know...", she said over her shoulder.

<Jay> Great, and now he felt like a complete fucking tool. "Hey, Ed- Emily, wait. Ah didn't mean it like dat." Jay half-stood.

<@Emily> Emily paused, taking a breath and turning around. "And how did you mean it? I didn't think anything of it. Whatever.", her inner Eddie poked her in the noggin, good plan(!), deny you actually care, he'll buy that(!)

<Jay> "Y'all had a funny way of showin' it, darlin'." Jay snorted. "Look...jus'...Ah ain't interested in...in anythin', right now, with anyone, alright?" You fuckin' liar, Joshua Jameson.. "Ah'm jus' tryna deal with some shit and pass grade at d' same time. Ask me again in a few weeks or somethin'."

<Jay> And please ask me as Eddie...

<@Emily> Emily nodded, trying not to seem disheartened. "Uh...'k, sure. See you.", with that, she left.

<Jay> Jay sighed, sitting back down and staring at his work, before letting his head hit the table with a dull 'thnk'. "Fuuuuuuuuuuck." He groaned. Fucking...fuck. He was gay. He'd always been gay. Never had any doubt. Then he had to share heads with his deviant of a roommate and now...

<Jay> Jay stood, packing up his gear. Fuck this. He needed to get away for a bit. Shoving his books into a bag, he headed to the open window. Pulling himself onto the sill, he spread his wings and jumped into the air, heading for his and Darren's room.
"The secondary penis slides into view. And they all lived happily ever after."
Kieron Gillen