7/02 Instance: Foiled

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

7/02 Instance: Foiled

Post by Starfish »

[Timeline: current]

Angelo opened the door of his shared room and faced its insides with a look of sheer confusion; tin foil adorned most of Adam's side of the room, not to mention there was no visible wall behing the collage of posters from Christ could only tell what at this point, there were smiley faces on everything, and what was more, the line on the floor was at least two inches further towards his bed.

Taking a deep breath, Angelo closed the door behind him and forced his eyes shut in a moment of silent meditation. "You had better have a damn good explination for this, Adam..."

Adam was sitting cross-legged on his bed, humming to himself, Adagio for Strings on the stereo as his fingers blurred, working on something small, complicated and shiny, his slightly too-large tin-foil hat tipped back. He looked up at Angelo, pausing and blinking at him, before pointing to the other boy's bed. "I maded you a hat..." He smiled, childlike.

Angelo looked towards his bed, lo and behold, a tin foil hat was placed almost like a holy relic in the dead center of his bed. "...thanks.", he said, approaching his bed to sit and taking the hat into his hands.

For a moment, Angelo looked at the hat; impressive, though strange. He tried it on in a few styles before taking it off and speaking. "No, seriously, what bought all this on?", Angelo asked, looking across at his roommate.

"Having some asshole mindrape me." Adam didn't look up as he went back to what he was working on, the Adagio finishing and a Silent Hill soundtrack starting. "Figure it probably won't stop him again, but it feels better to have a lid on my head." He glanced up, giving him a disjointed smile. "I had a bad day yesterday. It made me feel better."

"Yesterday?", Angelo pressed. "What happened partucularly then?", of course, he'd been very busy the last few days himself.

"Nothing. I just had a bad day." Adam shrugged, adjusting his hat and casting a critical eye over his creation - a very small replica of his own hat, only with apparent rabbit ears, again with specially designed holes so that the wearer could still hear. "What's your thoughts on Celldweller, by the way?"

"Good music, crappy publicity...", Angelo answered simply. "By the way, what is that?", he asked, pointing at the...was that a teeny tiny hat?

"Wouldn't know about the publicity side. Good to know you like him, because you're probably going to be sick of him by the time I'm done with you." Adam rubbed his nose and held it up. "This? Well, can hardly have my rabbit in danger, can we?" He said proudly, still not quite believing that Kitty had given him Bit. To keep.

"...you're keeping the rabbit? Damn, I heard you had one but you're keeping it?", Angelo smirked and shook his head. "Long as it dosen't poop everywhere or start eating my shoes or something, cool."

Angelo kicked back on his bed, still observing the hat in his hands. "Really scared you, didn't it? That...whatever the hell everyone said it was..."

"Yeah, Kait's lettin' me keep it. It's a room-bunny, and goes in the litter-box and he doesn't chew anything." Adam said smugly, then his face dropped and he looked down at the hat. "Not a thing. He was human too." He said quietly. He still wasn't sure if Kevin had been a bad guy or not, even with the mindrape.

"Oh, sorry. I guess it's rude of me to say it like that.", Angelo leaned his head to one side, still looking at Adam. "You don't have to talk about it if you don't wanna, I do understand..."

Which also wasn't true; how could he understand what it was like to have someone inside your head? Talking, listening, using you? Angelo sighed to himself.

"No, don't really care, there's worse things I don't talk about in there." Adam placed the hat to one side with a sigh. "You should be more worried that you have a roomie who'll blow you up if you look at him wrong." His face, for once, was completely honest and open.

Angelo laughed a little. "True, but I trust your control. Besides, if you wanted to do it, you'd have probably done it already.", he smiled at Adam. "Seriously, you're one of the few people I trust nowwer days; don't ask why, still trying to work that out...", he gestured to the line.

"Hey, that doesn't move. Unless chalk can suddenly shapeshift too-" He eyeballed the line. "That's a good point, actually. Kevin was kinda pastelly." He got up, going into a draw and pulling out bright green duc-tape. "Anyway. I wouldn't trust me, I'm on drugs. If I miss a dose, you're fucked."

He climbed onto his bed, pulling out the tape, and started to cover the chalk line with it, starting up near the ceiling.

"At least you're honest.", Angelo smirked to himself, trying on the hat he'd been made again. "You're sure this offers protection?"

"I have no idea. It just makes me feel better." Adam frowned as he worked on making sure the line was entirely straight, covering all the chalk. "Light side, dark side, holds the universe together, just like the Force that way." He muttered in a sing-song voice. "Also keeps creepy telepathic emos from stealing what's left of my mi-iiind..."

Angelo looked over at Adam again. "Y-you...uh...ok?"

"Oh yeah, perfectly fine." Adam had reached the middle of the floor now, and looked up at Angelo with a wide grin. "You okay?"

Angelo let the elipsis run for a moment. "Yeah...fine thanks.", he stood up and had a stretch. "Think I might go back down to the Danger Room for a bit; found some interesting training programmes in there."

"Don't forget your hat then." Adam grinned. "Oh...and uh...don't load the ones with 'Sabes' at the beginning of the filename..." He flushed. "They're...um...they're corrupted." In some instances, being curious really did kill the cat.

"'Sabes'?", Angelo asked, curious. He just knew he'd look anyway. "I'll do my best to avoid them.", he popped on his tin cap. "Thanks again.", with a smile, Angelo left.

Once he was sure Angelo had gone, Adam grinned. Like hell he'd not look, poor bastard. He sidled over to the bed, grabbing a roll of tin foil and proceeded to cover up the line. Once he'd done that, he started taping out a new line - two inches closer to Angelo's bed.

Angelo sighed to himself as he walked down the corridor. Adam was a weird one, but a good person, really. But that line...the thought of it played on Angelo's mind - he was sure it was moving...
"The secondary penis slides into view. And they all lived happily ever after."
Kieron Gillen