7/23 Instance: A Truce Over Tea

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

timeline: current

Johnny: Johnny was sat at the table with a cup of tea and biscuits, enjoying the silence of the kitchen. He sipped from the cup as he glanced over the paper that had been left in the room at point during the day, actually reading for once as opposed to just going for the news on the television.

Emma: Emma stretched her arms let out a small yawn as she made her way into the kitchen to make some tea. Though when she walked in she realized the kettle was already in use, and then she saw who was using it. She took a deep breath and grabbed a cup from the cupboard and helped herself to the hot water.

Johnny: He had taken note of who'd just entered the room, and he was trying very hard not to say anything. Closing the paper, Johnny eyed her as she stole his water, though not really because she was stealing his water.

Emma: Emma started to steep her teabag into the cup and hopped up to sit on the kitchen counter. She looked at Johnny and then looked away not really wanting to go back to her room to Rosalinda's sleeping and having to be extra quiet. She could take the awkward silence.

Johnny: Johnny automatically looked down into his cup as she glanced over toward him, going for a gulp of tea. Suddenly, sitting here wasn't so relaxing.

Emma: Emma noticed Johnny's awkwardness and was at least content to know that he was as bad as she was. Deciding to break the silence she looked over to Johnny and gave a small chuckle. "Wow we are good at this."

Johnny: She was speaking to him... Like, actually speaking to him again. He happily accepted this fact and gave a slight smile as he questioned, "What exactly are we good at?"

Emma: "Avoidance." She said sipping her tea.

Johnny: "Ah," Johnny nodded and reached for the box of cookies, deciding he could be nice since they were talking again, "Biscuit?"

Emma: Emma raised her eyebrow at Johnny's offer. "Sure." She said hopping down to the table and taking a cookie. "Glad to see not talking hasn't robbed us of our manners."

Johnny: "Well, maybe for you. I don't think most would say I have manners."

Emma: "You have your moments."

Johnny: He nodded, "I try for those I deem worthy."

Emma: Emma smiled. "Well now I have a question for you."

Johnny: His eyebrow raised, "Oh?"

Emma: "Are we still supposed to be mad at each other? Because I can still do that but just... well I wasn't entirely sure."

Johnny: "Uh, well... I mean, no. Unless you still want to be mad at me, that is..."

Emma: Emma let out a sigh. "Hmm...um, I don't think I want to be. I mean we haven't talked in days and you really pissed me off that night. But..." Emma shook her head. "What the hell is this? I don't do this... ever."

Johnny: "You mean you don't ever apologize for feeling awful about something?" Johnny grinned, quiet proud of himself for being able to accomplish the feat.

Emma: "To be frank. No I don't." Emma said with a small smile. "What is it about you that makes me do that?"

Johnny: He just shrugged, "I guess I'm just too awesome."

Emma: Emma rolled her eyes. "Oh God."

Johnny: Johnny finished off his cup and moved to make another, giving her a genuine smile, "Guessing I'm a bit off on that answer?"

Emma: "You guessed right." Emma said handing her cup to him. "Another please."

Johnny: Johnny took the mug, set it on the counter, added more water to the kettle, and heated it with his hand, "I am generally right."

Emma: "And generally very cocky." She said taking the cup. "Thank you."

Johnny: "True, and you're welcome," he replied as he surrendered the mug to her. He still remembered how she took her tea, which was impressive for him since remembering things wasn't his strong point. Well, unless it was something that interested him, which Emma did...

Emma: Emma took a sip and was surprised that Johnny still remembered how she took her tea but was going to keep that compliment to herself. "So, now that I think we've forgiven each other, what do we do now?"

Johnny: "Hug?" he suggested, trying not to sound too hopeful. Hugs always made everything better. Well, if you were making up with a girl.

Emma: Emma couldn't help but laugh. "Really? A hug?" She shook her head. "I'm not really the hugging kind of girl."

Johnny: He just smirked, "I didn't think you'd kiss everything better."

Emma: "Well you would be right." Emma said with a smile. "You would be definitely pushing your luck with that one."

Johnny: Johnny returned the smile, "I figured it was worth a shot."

Emma: "You are a risk taker, I will give you that." Emma said with a smile. "It might actually be one of the reasons why I can stand to be around you."

Johnny: Johnny nodded, "I'll keep that in mind if I ever feel the need to show off in front of you. ...Not that I already don't." And, why the hell had he said that?

Emma: Emma leaned back in her chair. "Is someone trying to impress me?" She said with a big smile.

Johnny: Well, no taking that back now, so he may as well just go with it. "Who wouldn't want to do that?"

Emma: "The cowardly." Emma said with a smile. "Which you certainly are not."

Emma: "But I think it's time I headed to my room." Emma said taking the last drink of her tea. "I'm happy we're talking again." Emma said as she walked over to Johnny and gave him a small kiss on the cheek. "But don't think for a second you've won me over. You might have to try a little harder." She said giving him another kiss on the cheek and walking out of the kitchen.
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

Post by Ferguson »

*snoooorts* I have to say I am terribly amused by their dancing around. Got a good laugh on the supposed to be mad questioning as well.
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

lol, this is good
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

Post by Starfish »

So much :love for those two! I've missed Emma, and Johnny is always great fun.

Awesome instance; I demand moar! :D
"The secondary penis slides into view. And they all lived happily ever after."
Kieron Gillen