7/29 Instance: Cary Elwes Magic

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

7/29 Instance: Cary Elwes Magic

Post by Ferguson »

Current Timeline

"No powers, yeah? I tried this game with powers before and, well, as it turns out air hockey became a bit more literal." Jean-Paul gave a chuckle, twirling the little red disc between his fingers before plopping it down on the table and giving it a bump towards Reed's side.

"I can't say that I've ever played this game before. Actually, I know I haven't," he looked around the arcade and blinked with the machine gave a little ding that signaled he'd been scored on. Looking down, he sighed and pulled the puck out and smiled, "I guess I'm not that good at paying attention."

"Seriously? No air hockey? Please don't say I'm playing at being a Canadian stereotype or something with the hockey or else I'm going to be terribly embarassed with myself." He grinned back. "I assume correctly you're more the video aspect of the arcade? We'll have to frighten some children away from them...seriously, why are there kids up this late?"

Reed chuckled, "actually, it's just me. I've never....well I've never been to an arcade before. All the games that I play are on console or computer at home."

Jean-Paul blinked, a bit surprised "I suppose I had never thought about you not having been around these kind of places. Well, welcome to the joy of flashing lights, noises, and amusing if cheap prizes."

Laughing, Reed set the puck down and studied the table, then cracked the puck to the side and bounced it across he field. "Thanks....I never had anyone to go with me before, so I didn't think about going on my own."

The little puck was in full swing now, Jean-Paul missing and hitting the corner by Reed's paddle. "Aw, now that just makes me sad, nobody at all? Really? I guess it would have been pretty hard considering how much younger you probably were than any of the people you were around, yeah?"

"Being so many grades ahead above others my age didn't help, no. Being alone at college didn't help either. But it was okay. I didn't really know what I was missing, always happy to get lost in my studies and my projects. I'm still like that," he laughed a bit and shot the puck back.

"Except, now, you have people to actually distract you and now I shall redouble my efforts just for the saking making up for lost time when you should have been running around acting like a juvenile ass with the rest of the lot." The puck went in as he was making the point, Jean-Paul fake pouting at it and putting it back into play.

Reed grinned at him, a slight flush to his cheeks ", I guess you will. I can't say that I'm not looking forward to the new experiences. Always loved discovering new things."

Jean-Paul was going to take that last bit as a challenge, that much was certain. "Oh, we'll have to get in a good deal of things, then." He nodded, looking quite pleased with himself. "Will have to le tme know when it's too much, though. My mind is all ready flitting to naughty things as well, it's most natural state I suppose."

Now Reed was definitely blushing. And faltering over his words ", um.....well I've read.....that is to say......I'm not that unknowledgable....." And the puck went in while he floundered.

"Oh, wasn't meaning you were." Jean-Paul bit his lip, trying not to smirk too much at Reed's faltering. "I just needed the segue to let you know just how distracted my mind is at the moment wondering about the pros and cons of an air hockey table as a surface for those types of activities."

Reed is now blushing a rather furious red ", depends on whether we want to get arrested for public indecency or not, I guess. But....um.....you were saying about the arcade games?" He tried to change the subject and clear his throat.

"It'd sure get the kids out...I'd hope anyway, but in any case that is definitely an after hours activity that I can imagine will go on the list of someday...though it might not be all that comfortable." Nope, he was putting too much thought into this and he all ready had Reed's blush for the evening, it was time to go with the topic change. "Well, lets see, are you more of a classic arcade man or the newer, shinier games you think?"

Reed looked around and pondered a bit. Then he grinned brightly, "can't go wrong with a good classic, can you?"

That was met with a bright grin from Jean-Paul as well. "They're the best. After I utterly trounce you at this shall we move on to one, then?"

"Sounds like a plan," he nodded and set his mind back to the game in front of him. It was actually pretty fun when he really paid attention to it. "I think we'll have to see who beats who though."

"Oh, now it's on, Richards, on." He couldn't quite make that statement serious no matter how hard he tried.

Reed laughed and started to play as best as he could, mind working on angles and trajectories as he shot the puck.

Jean-Paul smiled absently, distracted with actually watching Reed play the game rather than playing the game.

With a resounding crack Reed sent the puck into JP's goal and he grinned. He was actually getting the hang of it, enjoying it. It was a shame that he hadn't had the cause to play it before.

"Oi, you've wounded me!" The dramatic outcry earned a few glances but that never stopped Jean-Paul in anything. "I admit that you are better than I am, but, you see, I am still smiling because I know something yuo don't know."

Tilting his head with a laugh, Reed was oblivious to the stares that Jean-Paul was getting for his dramatics. "Oh yeah? What's that?"

"I am not lefthanded!" He knew it was lame but it just came forth.

Reed stopped to look at him and then busted out laughing. He leaned against the table and just shook his head, taking a minute to catch his breath ", whaaaat?"

"Whaaaat? Are you whatting my sad little Princess Bride joke?" Jean-Paul stopped, waitng to fire after Reed had managed to recover, grinning as he was quite proud to have caused that outburst.

He let the puck go by, thunking into the goal as he finished his laugh and looked at him ", what joke?"

"You're not serious, are you?" He asked, a little bit horrified at the idea he was. "Because if you are we're fixing that after the arcade, because that's just a travesty."

He blinked at that and raised an eyebrow ", what? I don't know what that joke is from." He shrugged and grinned a bit. "You keep forgetting how sheltered I was."

"Sheltered is one thing. This is just...are you sure they didn't put you in a bubble for half of your childhood or something?" He was a bit shocked. "Because Pricess Bride is practically mandatory viewing."

"Well I didn't exactly have a normal childhood, so there you go," he shrugged and smiled ", didn't say I would mind changing it though."

"Seriously, after all of this when we get home we're netflixing the hell out of that. I'm not sure how you've existed in the world without some things but we're going to be catching you up."

"I'm glad you've got my back on that then," he grinned and gave the puck another shot. He took a deep breath and smiled gently, enjoying himself and not really worried about anything at the moment.

"Oh yeah, I shall teach you the ways of the outside world." He grinned back, looking surprised as the puck clacked in. "Well, I do believe that's game."

He looked up to see who one and grinned a bit ", I won....by two points."

"Your tatics were obviously working." Jean-Paul smirked over the table before making his way around.

"Oh it's just all about math and knowing what way to hit the puck to get it to go where you want," he grinned and watched Jean-Paul make his way around.

"That and you're a wonderful distraction." He accused, poking Reed in the chest.

He blinked and looked at the finger, then at JP and then he grinned ", I....never really thought I was distracting you."

"Not purposefully." He took his finger back with a laugh, glancing abou at the open games. "I do believe asteroids is open. That definitely counts as a classic, shall we?"

Smiling, Reed nodded and looked over to the games. "I think it's a good idea," he started to make his way over to the game that was free.

---Time Passes, no, not like that, though the air hockey table is still intriguing---

Ducking out of the cab, Jean-Paul stood on the sidewalk, waiting for Reed to step out after him. "So, are you free tuesday? A few of us are going to be down in the city for the rally put together."

Climbing out of the cab, Reed looked around and then at JP ", um, no, I actually have to work then. Another time?"

"Well, next time there's a rally then I'll be sure to tell you in time to get some days off." He promised with a smirk. "We are definitely doing this again though, yes?"

"I would love to do this again. I had fun," he smiled a bit shyly and him and shrugged. "Sorry, I knew the rally was coming, but I was asked to do the work."

"Exciting work?" Jean-Paul asked as they made their way up towards the school, grinning in victory at the assurance he hadn't completely lost his skill to recent drama happenings. "Anything specific you would like to do or shall I pick something else you've not done before?"

"I think it is but then I find most of my work exciting when most people would be bored to tears," he smiled and shrugged, then looked over at him ", you did pretty well with picking tonight. As for something I haven't done, well you have a wide variety to select from then."

"I don't know, it all sounds interesting, even when I've no idea what your talking about so feel free to take advantage of that." He smirked, leading the way on in. "I'll surprise you then...you're definitely coming over to watch Princess Bride as soon as possible, though because that's still not right."

"I'll be sure to do that next time I'm excited about something I'm working on and want to tell someone," he smiled and followed him into the school, running a hand through his hair ", I think I can find the time to sit and watch a movie. If only to make sure I'm no longer so woefully in the dark."

"I will show you the light and Cary Elwes." He promised with a most serious nod. "And for days after everything will be beautiful and nothing will hurt."

He laughed and nodded ", I'll take your word for it and wait for it to work it's magic on me."

He grinned, quite pleased with himself as they walked along. "Well, one thing about being neighbours, quite the easy walk to the door, hmm?"

"Conveniently placed bathroom not withstanding," he smiled and nodded.

That earned a snort. "I'm not sure if that would be a third date thing or not." He took a moment to consider that, shaking his head. "In any case I suppose this is goodnight so you can actually have time to sleep before work in the morning."

Picking up on that meaning, Reed blushed. Then he nodded a bit, looking at his door ", I suppose it is."

"It is way too much fun to make you blush, just so you know." His grin turned wicked for a moment before kissing him goodnight.

He had been about to comment on that when the distance was gone. Cheeks going red again, Reed let his eyes close and leaned into the kiss.

Jean-Paul laughed quietly when he saw the red cheeks, pulling back just a bit as he ran his fingers through the hair at the back of Reed's hair. "A lot of fun."

Blinking his eyes open, he smiled a bit shyly and laughed ", you're very good at it."

Now it was time for the blush to be on the other cheek. "Well, I do try."

Seeing that, Reed perked up and grinned wider ", goodnight, JP."

"Goodnight, Reed." He gave a wave, slipping down the hall to his door and heading inside to do his silent but very energetic victory dance.

Reed calmly made his way into his room, smiling a goofy smile but otherwise setting about his normal night. With a goofy smile.