8/7 Instance: Break Point

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

Post by Ferguson »

Timelined for the day after [Instance]Earthquake.

Eddie: Eddie sighed, sipping from his Subway drink's straw as he casually strolled across a rooftop. His mask was retracted so he could take a few calming breaths. So, that was...what, two pure-stealings and a fight in a sandwich bar so far today? Boy, it was slow...

Eddie: Which didn't help his mood. Eddie was still dreading the inevitable argument with Pietro, the soon-coming dinner with Rose. God, his life was a bigger mess than CSI: Dead Space. He sat on the edge of the roof, looking over the city. Anything to take his mind of things.

Pietro: Pietro had been up to the school to look for Eddie but he wasn't there so he'd decided to check the city instead. It wasn't like it'd take him a long time to search it all over. He ran up the side of a building and spotted a shape a few roofs away. Moments later he was on that same rooftop. He cleared his throat.

Eddie: Eddie froze, turning to look over his shoulder slowly. He glanced up to the sky, "...you fucking hate me, don't you?", he muttered, turning to face Pietro.

Eddie: "Hello, Pietro.", he sighed, sipping some more of his drink and awaiting the berating.

Pietro: Pietro crossed his arms over his chest, "Eddie. We need to talk."

Eddie: "Well, I don't need Spider-Sense to tell me shit's about to go down.", Eddie remarked neutrally, approaching him, "It's written all over your face.", Eddie strategically stayed a good five meters away from him.

Eddie: "Alright. Shoot."

Pietro: "Illyana told me what happened and what you said to her the other day... and, it's probably obvious, but I'm not happy about it." he kept his tone carefully level. "Since I'd rather not resort to violence or threats thereof, I've come to ask you to just leave her alone."

Eddie: Eddie paused, carefully putting his drink down and standing again. "You want me to leave her alone, thereby forbidding me to see her or...?"

Pietro: "I'm not forbidding anything." Pietro replied, "I'm asking you to leave her alone." Why did people insist on putting words in his mouth lately?

Eddie: Eddie nodded, voice in his head snarling like a berserk hound. "Fine.", he said blankly. "Not like she wants anything to do with me anyway, not when she's marrying 'Flash Gordon'....", he sighed, mostly at himself - could he have sounded any more bitter?

Pietro: Pietro raised an eyebrow, "Right..." Flash Gordon? Really? "Look... I doubt she'll just cut you out... so when she does talk to you again, no more of this. Alright?"

Eddie: "No more of what?", Eddie asked, "Being honest? Seriously, I challenge you to be stood in my shoes and not have done exactly the same!", he took a few breaths. "It's not like I committed a crime, alright?"

Pietro: "A crime? No... but it was completely tactless... and don't think for one minute you're the first person to fall for someone that's already involved with someone else." He had done exactly the same thing after all.

Eddie: "'Tactless'?", Eddie laughed dryly, probably taking more offense to that than he would have in a good mood. "Look, I can't help how I feel, alright? So...I'll deal with it my way. And 'fyi': apparently you won anyway, so there's no point in even thinking about it."

Eddie: 'Then why are WE thinking about it!? Kill him! KILL HIM!'

Eddie: Eddie winced, as if he'd suddenly been kicked in the back of the head. "...not the time.", he whispered to himself.

Pietro: Pietro frowned, "Why? You want to know why I'm coming here to make sure now? How about because I don't think you'd have the sense to stop if I didn't?"

Eddie: Eddie's eyes turned dull for a moment, his expression darkened as he looked back up at Pietro. "You fucking what now?", 'Alright, calm down there...he doesn't want to fight, he said so.'

Eddie: "It's got nothing to do with 'sense'...", Eddie half growled, "...anyone with a fucking clue could tell you she deserves better.", he felt his body strengthen up suddenly.

Pietro: "What?" Okay so now he was annoyed again.

Eddie: "Oh, don't seriously pretend not to see where I'm coming from! Look at you!", Eddie straightened up, gesturing at him, "'Leave my 'precious' alone', like she's a fucking commodity, not a person!"

Eddie: "You've ALWAYS been this way; always so jealous of me...", Eddie snarled. "Like one day she'd realize that I could make her so much happier than you."

Eddie: "And what's more?", his mask reformed, revealing a sinister fanged grin. "I bet that kiss yesterday was the most happy she's felt since you first walked into her life."

Pietro: "Jealous of you? Don't make me laugh." he shook his head, "And don't even try to pretend you wouldn't tell a guy to back off if it was the other way around!" Oh that was it. The last comment pushed his temper up and he swung a super-fast punch at Eddie's face.

Eddie: The punch knocked Eddie back, though he managed to flip and land. His body started growing as hate seemed to blur his mind. Eddie had let go completely, no more holding back.

Eddie: "We....will END YOU.", the distorted beast roared, "WE ...ARE... VENOM!!!", it leapt forth, releasing hundreds of black tendrils across the rooftop to ensnare Pietro,

Pietro: Pietro ran from the tendrils and circled the roof behind Eddie, aiming a kick into his lower back when he reached him again. "You've tried this before, Eddie!"

Eddie: Venom stumbled forward, that was true. 'We...I have, even...', it simply waited. He'd get close again, and when he did....

Pietro: Pietro slid to a stop on the far side of the roof, "Now let's think, shall we? Who won last time?"

Eddie: 'It's true. His power set is versed pretty well for fighting u-...me'. Venom turned, snarling. "I won the girl's heart; I've beaten you somewhere you can't possibly win.", it seemed to laugh...if the distorted 'chuckle' counted as such.

Pietro: "No. You haven't. We're getting married in May, Eddie. I asked her if she wanted to postpone the wedding to work this out and she said no. I won. You lost." he glared at him.

Eddie: "If only we could read her mind...", Venom mused, "...we wonder...how many times has she thought of US and not YOU...?"

Pietro: Pietro definitely didn't want to think about that. He ran at him again.

Eddie: 'There it i-iiiiis!', Venom's mind cackled, throwing itself into Spider-Sense to slow things down. Pietro was as fast as Adam, at least. Of course, he'd beaten Adam. Once it had pinpointed a direction, Venom released hundreds of tendrils with tiny mouths full of fanged teeth, slicing past Pietro to grab and rend him. Each one hit with the force of a small fist.

Eddie: "GoT YOu NoW, pieTRO...", it salivated.

Pietro: As he felt the impacts, Pietro shifted to defensive mode, vibrating his molecules to free himself.

Eddie: Venom roared, it couldn't hold if it was being shaken apart. But it could hit him. The hulking beast spun around smashing its great arm into Pietro to send him soaring across the rooftop.

Pietro: Pietro landed heavily and rolled, letting out a yell as he heard something snap and felt a searing pain in his left leg. He stared at the sky overhead as he lay flat on his back, trying to work out whether he should risk getting up.

Eddie: Venom let out a shrill cry. 'wE DID IT. We've BEAteN hIM!!!', it lumbered over to Pietro, leaning over him and grabbing his neck. "Oooh, pIEeeeTRo? wAke u-UuUUUp...",

Pietro: Pietro put both hands on the arm holding him and sent a stronger vibration directly up it. There wasn't much else he could do.

Eddie: Venom's arm reverberated apart for a moment, causing it to roar and crash a fist down beside Pietro's head. "wE WiLL KiLL Yyyou!", it screamed, opening its mouth around Pietro's face, dripping saliva onto him.

Pietro: "Eddie! Snap out of it!" Pietro yelled, he glanced at his leg. Yep. Broken. Ow.

Eddie: '...wait, what the hell am I-!? Stop. STOP!', Venom backed off, taking a few steps away and roaring. 'Get out. Get out of my head!', it fell to its knees, form falling apart in places.

Eddie: It looked as if Eddie was clawing his way out of the monster's form. Moments passed with him crying out, pulling it away until he fell on his knees, breathing heavily. Back to his regular, jacket-clad human form.

Pietro: Pietro let his head fall back onto the surface of the roof again and relaxed a little, until there was another sharp pain in his leg. "Eddie..." he managed to get out.

Eddie: Eddie looked up, panicked. What the hell had he done!? He rushed over to Pietro, slipping a little. "Pietro! Jesus, Pietro...are you alright?"

Pietro: He shook his head, "No... leg's broken..." he winced again, trying to push himself up into a sitting position.

Eddie: Eddie hesitated to help him up. How had he lost control like that? Was this what it had come to? "Oh, God...I'm sorry. I'm so sorry.", he tried to stop Pietro from moving too much. "L-lemme get you to the hospital or something."

Pietro: "Yep. Hospital sounds great." They had pain meds. He frowned a little, wondering how he was going to explain this to Illyana.

Eddie: Eddie winced. Should he suit up? Use his powers? What if...what if he lost control again? "I c-...can't risk..."

Pietro: "Eddie, there is no way I'm getting off this roof without help." Pietro said as calmly as he could manage, "So either we wait for some paramedics with a helicopter and then try and explain what we're doing up here... or you help."

Eddie: "...y-you're right...", Eddie took a few deep breaths, closing his eyes and cladding himself in his 'costume' again, he took Pietro carefully into his arms. "Hold on, alright?", he asked, standing and approaching the rooftop edge.

Pietro: Pietro let out another shout of pain when Eddie lifted him and nodded at the instruction. Illyana was going to be angry with him for this, he was sure of it... at least when she found out how it happened. Before that she'd probably just be worried.

Eddie: "There's one not too far. Don't worry.", Eddie said, before his mask covered his face. He hopped off the roof and webbed the block across from them, swinging as fast as he could. 'Don't worry', he'd said. To Pietro? Or himself?

Eddie: Eddie tried not to think. The last thing he wanted to do was think.

Pietro: Pietro nodded again, breathing through the pain and focusing on the fact that he was at least on the way to a hospital and there would be drugs.

Eddie: Glancing at Pietro, Eddie wanted to say sorry, he really did. But...he couldn't. He just carried on moving as swiftly as he was able. This would haunt him, didn't need Spider-sense to know that.

Eddie: '...always watching. We are always watching...'

Eddie: Again, Eddie's precious little life had descended into a waking disaster. What better way to start the week...
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

Post by Starfish »

Oh my...

That talk certainly could have went better. ><

Though... the end kinda is responsible that now I got the theme music from Costner's Bodyguard stuck in my head.
"The secondary penis slides into view. And they all lived happily ever after."
Kieron Gillen
Chaos
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: Mr. President
Nightscrawlearth Character: :venom :spidey etc.

Post by Chaos »

Star, you complete me. <3 xxx
"I've met dozens like you. Skipped off home early, minor graft jobs here and there. Spent some time in lock-up too, I'll warrant; but less than you claim. And now you're, what, a petty theif with delusions of standing? Sad little king of a sad little hill..." - River Tam, 'Firefly'

Achievements: ImageImageImage
TechPrincess
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Little BABY!! Fairy <3
Nightscrawlearth Character: :jean :emma :husk

Post by TechPrincess »

lol!

More serious note: Those boys are in so much trouble.
Paige :husk -------- Emma :emma -------- Hope :jean