8/7 Instance: Murky Motives

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

Post by Ferguson »

Timelined after Date Night

Well, Jason was fairly certain Rose wasn't going to be the type he would have to drug back into compliance but he wasn't quite sure what it was she was doing here. Still, though, he was getting her the usual offered drink. "And how have things been treating you since we last talked?"

Rose smirked and watched him carefully. "Splendidly. Been implementing the plans you laid out at every opportunity."

"And how have they taken?" he asked with a smile. "Anything new to report along with that?" He slipped back in his and Ginny's front room, holding out her glass to her.

Rose took her glass. "Thank you. I'm not sure what to make of Eddie..." She moved to take a seat. "He seems very... conflicted in his head."

"He spends most of his time 'heroing' and soaking up the limelight from what I've seen of him recently. You would have to be conflicted in the head to do some of those things."

"Part of him is sympathetic to our cause, but he is stuck on this vigilante kick... I'm keeping a close eye on him."

"...don't trust him." Jason shook his head. "Even if anyone seems genuinely interested in our cause keep them at arm's distance. They'll be more useful to use as a scapegoat than as a new member unless they bring something else to the table."

"He is not membership material. I am more concerned that he would cause damage."

"What damage is that?"

"He's talking about building some sort of team... it sounded like a team to continue with his 'hero' work. He asked me for help."

"...Oh?" Jason's smile was slowly creeping up into a more genuine expression. "Something beyond the x-men? Why? What does he mean to accomplish?"

"I'm not entirely sure yet... uphold justice is his main idea."

"...that sounds a bit ambiguous." He frowned now, disappointed at not having more details. "Did he mention names?"

"Come now, it was a first date. Give me time."

"Date? Oh lord. Hump with caution." Jason shook his head. "How did you react to the gibberish he was spewing?"

"Naturally... I was interested. Who wouldn't be? It's fascinating to hear."

"I'm not sure we have the same definition of fascinating." He chuckled. "I can't imagine listening to old truth, justice, and the American way talks would be too terribly interesting to me. I want you in whatever this is, though. Hopefully whoever they are they will do something stupid. If not, it will still benefit us to know who to be cautious of and who to make others distrust more."

"I already accepted his request." Rose smiled at Jason.

"Any more specifics then? It'd seem he's not giving you much to go on."

"Not yet. I'm trying to build his trust... get him to let me in. If I pushed him, he'd get suspicious."

"I wonder why he has sought you out for this then..." He smiled more. "Desperation. They don't know who to trust but they have a whole list of people they don't."

Rose laughed. "Most likely. Or I am just that amazing." She winked at Jason and took a sip of her drink.

"Oh, you're going to turn out to be a regular Mata Hari."

"I do not think it bodes well you compare me to a lady executed by a firing squad."

"Oh, with all the human rights stuff and you being an immigrant they'd never get around to even getting the bullets. Plus I don't know about you, but I've no intentions of being caught."

"Plus I would hope that you're a single agent rather than a double. That is, unless there is ever a time we need one."

"It would seem that I am someone of a double while I investigate what Eddie is up to. I have no intentions of getting caught nor blowing my cover."

"Now, now, that only leaves you as a single. I wouldn't advise any more than that or else I might be in a bit of a bind."

"Don't you worry. I'll take care of Eddie and his club."

"Yes, hopefully we'll be able to earn you a partner as well. It'll all depend on who is in there."

"Play your naive card well, I'd suggest, just enough that it will not seem unnatural. Though I imagine as you're certainly not struggling with the language anymore that might prove more difficult."

"I do little else but study English." Rose laughed a bit as she admitted it. "I will play to his hero side." Of course, most of it isn't an act...

"Good, good." Jason nodded, settling back and sipping at his own drink. "So, I take it the smear campaign is going well?"

"Absolutely. They don't trust each other anymore."

"Perfect, absolutely perfect. Any new leads or ideas?"

Rose shook her head. She was brawn... not brain when it came to this stuff. "Not yet."

"Raven did mention your mail delivery idea. I dare say it shall be quite successful. Expect quite vicious hatemail from me soon...and I dare say I might send myself a letterbomb...would that be too much?"

"Perhaps... you were not in class."

"Of course not, but I also have a history with being vocal at such classes while I was still there."

Rose nodded. "Then maybe so..."

"I had considered making a public move of mutant support with the company....but considering some of our projects perhaps now is not yet the time. I'll have to consider it further."

"I certainly wouldn't want anyone using that as a reason to snoop too thoroughly...though I would love to see anyone try to break my security also...but no, we're not yet ready for that step."

Rose nodded. "So just keep doing what we are doing then, yes?"

"Yes, keep marching on. Let me know absolutely everything you can about what Eddie is attempting to do with whatever his little club is."

Rose nodded. "I will." She finished her drink and moved to get up.

"One last thing." Jason said after a moment.

"If possible, try to get samples of handwriting. Borrow notes and such things. It'd add a new dimension to your hatemail if it could be traced back to someone at the school, yes?"

Rose grinned. "I can do that. Easily." She waved to him.

He waved back. "Take care, and feel free to stop in again anytime."

"Thank you. I will when I know more."

[Edited on 9/8/11 by Ferguson]
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

Post by Starfish »

Oh gleeful shiftiness! :clap
"The secondary penis slides into view. And they all lived happily ever after."
Kieron Gillen
Chaos
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: Mr. President
Nightscrawlearth Character: :venom :spidey etc.

Post by Chaos »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2xxizpHuoo

By Brotherhood Scheming BGM: Daniel Licht - 'Blood Theme' ('Dexter' Official Soundtrack)

GOD, I get so hyped over this! >.>
"I've met dozens like you. Skipped off home early, minor graft jobs here and there. Spent some time in lock-up too, I'll warrant; but less than you claim. And now you're, what, a petty theif with delusions of standing? Sad little king of a sad little hill..." - River Tam, 'Firefly'

Achievements: ImageImageImage