8/12 Instance: Poolside Romance

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

8/12 Instance: Poolside Romance

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

Timelined a couple of days after [fic]Much Needed Closure and before the families started arriving at the school.

Christopher: Chris showered off the dirt and grime from the day and got ready to head out to jump in the pool. He walked out onto the pool deck and tossed his towel onto a chair.

Greer: Greer was stood at the top of the high dive with her back to the pool so she didn't see Chris come in. Taking a breath to focus herself, she jumped off the platform and twisted in the air before breaking the surface of the water and disappearing cleanly below it. She swam the length of the pool then popped back out again.

Christopher: "Well hey there cutie." He tied up his trunks tightly and walked towards the pool..

Greer: "Hey!" she smiled at him, treading water, "Got some time to kill?"

JackSkulls: "Just barely. Job and classes take up too much fuckin time." He slid his feet into the pool and sat on the edge of it.

Greer: She hauled herself out of the water and sat beside him, running her hand through her wet hair, "Yeah, tell me about it... not that I mind the work though."

Christopher: "Heh I love this internship Curt got me. Get to put my studies to work."

Greer: "Oh yeah? That sounds great." she smiled giving him a nudge, "Gonna actually go for a swim or just sit here and stare at the pool?"

Christopher: "What's wrong with sittin here?" He nudged her back and returned the smile.

Greer: "Well I would've thought you came in here to just use the pool but if you don't want to..." she shrugged, "You're dressed kind of funny for just sitting."

Christopher: "Oh you don't like being able to stare at my sexy?" He slid into the pool.

Greer: "It's kind of distracting..." she grinned, getting up to climb up to the top diving platform again.

Christopher: "And that's a problem?" He watched her climb up.

Greer: "Only if I miss the pool on the way down..." she walked to the edge and grinned at him.

Christopher: "That would be a problem." Chris dunked under water and came back up.

Greer: She turned around again and performed another spectacular dive into the pool.

Christopher: Chris relaxed against the side of the pool and watched her swim. "Amazing."

Greer: She smiled at him when she resurfaced, "Thanks."

Christopher: "You're welcome, I wasn't talking about the dive though." He grinned and swam back from her slowly.

Greer: She blushed a little but grinned all the same, splashing at him.

Christopher: Chris dropped back under water. "Missed." He stuck his tongue out at her.

Greer: "You got wetter than you would if I'd hit you so I'd call that a win," she replied with another grin.

Christopher: "Psh you missed I call that a loss." He splashed at her.

Greer: She laughed and splashed back, deflecting the water he sent her way.

Christopher: "No witty comeback. I call that a win in my book." Chris laughed and splashed at her again.

Greer: "I can't see the point in arguing with you, you never know when to quit."

Christopher: "Ouch...." Chris stopped and frowned.

Greer: "What? It's true. I usually cave before you do because I lose interest in arguing." she shrugged, "That's just how it is."

Christopher: "That's a wee bit hurtfull." He splashed at her.

Greer: She frowned, "How?"

Christopher: "Dunno." He stuck his tongue out at her.

Greer: "Well now you're just being silly."

Christopher: "When am I not?" He moved closer to her.

Greer: She considered that, "Hmm you make a good point," she laughed a little.

Christopher: "So...." He got ready to splash her again. "Guess. what."

Greer: "Do you want me to really guess?"

Christopher: Chris gave her a big splash and swam back as fast as he could. "That."

Greer: She scowled and swam to the edge of the pool, hoisting herself out again and sitting on the side to watch him.

Christopher: "Aww giving up on me?" He started treading water in the middle of the pool.

Greer: She shook her head, "No, I'm just feeling too lazy to chase you around..."

Christopher: "Aww..." He ran his fingers through his hair.

Greer: "What? I'm just here practising my diving, didn't expect company that I'd have to chase around the pool."

Christopher: "Well now I'm here, you should do something about that." He splashed at her but missed pathetically.

Greer: "Nu-uh. I'm not chasing you. Remember?"

Christopher: "I meant you should." He swam backwards a little. "It'd be more fun I promise."

Greer: "Will I get anything out of it?" she raised an eyebrow at him.

Christopher: "Uhmm enjoyment? Me not staring at your boobs as you jump?" He laughed.

Greer: She shook her head, "Not out of the chasing. When I catch you. What do I get out of it?"

Christopher: "I dunno? How bout I let you decide?" He laid back on his back and started to float.

Greer: "Because that's lazy of you and still offers me no motivation since I don't know what's okay."

Christopher: "It's me? What isn't okay?" He swam back till he got to the edge of the pool.

Greer: She frowned, shrugging slightly. It was kind of hard to explain.

Christopher: Chris sighed a little. "I'll just do some laps so you can dive." He pulled himself out of the pool and walked over to the far end of the pool.

Greer: Greer frowned again and pulled her knees up to her chest just watching him again.

Christopher: "What's wrong?" He stopped at the end of the pool.

Greer: She shook her head, "Nothing."

Christopher: "You sure?" He stretched a little before he got ready to swim laps.

Greer: "Yeah I'm fine. I'll just sit and watch for a while if that's okay."

Christopher: "Why not come join me cutie?" He sat on the edge of the pool.

Greer: "Don't want to get in the way. It's fine. I'll wait til you're done."

Christopher: "What if I want you to come join me?" He stood up and jumped into the pool.

Greer: "Then I guess you'll have to convince me it'll be worth my while."

Christopher: "Don't know how to do that other than saying you'll get to be with me."

Greer: She raised an eyebrow, "I'm already with you."

Christopher: "Not really when you're way over there." He swam slowly so he could hear her.

Greer: "Well I'm more with you than I would be if I say... went to take a shower....?"

Christopher: "Unless you invited me to join you." He caught the edge of the pool and grinned at her.

Greer: "Oh? And what makes you think I'd do that?" she smirked a little.

Christopher: "Cuz you know how good I am." He grinned and threw a splash at her.

Greer: "Wow someone's confident." she laughed.

Christopher: "Too many compliments I guess." Chris pulled himself along the edge of the pool towards her.

Greer: "I still don't feel convinced to get in there with you...."

Christopher: "Well what would convince you then cutie?"

Greer: She shrugged, "Don't know... but you could try harder."

Christopher: "Well I could just come up there and drag you in now couldn't I?" Chris' grin turned evil for a moment.

Greer: "You could..." she lay back on the floor, keeping her feet in the water.

Christopher: "But you might maul me if I did that wouldn't you?" He got to her feet and ran a finger across one.

Greer: Her foot twitched at the sensation - it tickled. "Can't maul you with no claws."

Christopher: "Sure about that?" Chris laughed a little and ran a finger up her leg slowly.

Greer: "Sure I am." she lifted her legs out of the way.

Christopher: "I think you just like making me chase after you." He tried to catch her foot as she pulled it away.

Greer: "You say that like it's a bad thing..." she said to the ceiling.

Christopher: "Well if I knew that maybe I'd be a little better at it." He climbed up out of the pool and poked her side.

Greer: She put her hand over the part he poked at and turned her head to look at him, "Maybe if you paid attention to the fact I keep reminding you I'm a feral mutant you'd have worked that out for yourself..."

Christopher: "Does that mean I should start petting you too?" He leaned over and kissed her. "Okay bad joke.... Sorry."

Greer: She sighed, "It's okay... heard worse.... anyway, kind of don't mind a nice bit of petting when I'm all fuzzy."

Christopher: "I'll remember that." He rolled over on his stomach.

Greer: She let out another sigh and turned her gaze back to the ceiling, "So how come you never used your science brain to work out how I might respond to things? I mean... I know I get mad a lot when people call me an animal or whatever but... there's no point denying that I'm programed that way a little..."

Christopher: "Dunno. Never thought about it. I usually try to treat you like a human being." Chris slid closer to her.

Greer: "You do. And I like that you do... but with some things... it's kind of pointless..."

Christopher: "Kay." He kissed her cheek. "So how's your day been?"

Greer: She shrugged a little, "Same as usual... Work, school, homework..." Mindless terror for FoH members.... she smiled to herself.

Christopher: "Sounds boring. So...." He chewed at his lip.

Greer: "Well... work pays the bills, schoolwork means I'll pass my exams... gotta be done, right?"

Christopher: "What bills do you have?" He poked at her.

Greer: "I have a car...." she reminded him.

Christopher: "Touche." He smiled and ran his fingers through his hair. "Those things can be quite expensive... I still need to get my oil changed, been putting that off for too long."

Greer: "I can do that for you, just drop by work," she smiled at him, "I'll give you a discount."

Christopher: "Heh i can do it myself cutie. I helped build that car." He leaned over to her. "I wouldn't mind you helpin me though so we can get all dirty together." Chris whispered.

Greer: She giggled and blushed a little, "I'm sure that can be arranged."

Christopher: "You know it's really cute when you blush." He smiled wide expecting to get a smack for that.

Greer: She gave him a small shove as her blush deepened, "Yeah... thanks..."

Christopher: "Aww." He shoved her back playfully and laughed a little.

Greer: "So I guess you're not swimming anymore?"

Christopher: "Someone distracted me." He poked at her.

Greer: "Well you distracted me first. It's your own fault." she poked her tongue out at him.

Christopher: Chris poked her tongue. "Eh it was worth it." He laughed.

Greer: She gave him another shove, "You're really trying hard with the flirting today... is my lack of clothing and fur having an effect on you?"

Christopher: "You can't tell me you don't enjoy it. And maybe it is. Maybe it isn't, not that I don't like the fur though babe."

Greer: "You're probably the only one that does apart from me... though I definately shouldn't swim in the pool all furry, someone would complain..." she rolled her eyes.

Christopher: "Eh they can fuck off." He rolled back over onto his back. "Hey Greer... what's next for you? I mean like after you leave here? I've got a pretty sweet deal set up with this guy Curt knows, I think, and if not I've still got my mom that can help me out. What about you, what are you going to do once you leave here?"

Greer: She shook her head, looking up at the ceiling again, "I don't know... I still have two years to work that out though... maybe something will come up..."

Christopher: "I'm sure it will." He sighed still contemplating talking to her about what he wanted to talk to her about.

Greer: She sat up and ran her hands through her hair. Maybe she could move in with Simon in DC...

Christopher: "Maybe you could look into starting a garage."

Greer: "Maybe... but that's not really what I wanted to do in the long term..."

Christopher: "What do you want to do long term then? I kinda have my idea set."

Greer: "I wanted a research career... I think I told you that way back... but I kind of just forgot about it because well... no one was really hiring mutants.... but with stuff shifting I started thinking about it again..."

Christopher: "Researching what?" He sat up with her.

Greer: She shrugged, "Don't know... genetics is interesting..."

Christopher: Chris laughed a little and then pulled her into a hug. "You're interesting."

Greer: She flailed a little at the surprise hug, "Uh... I am?"

Christopher: "Yup. I dunno why but you are..." He chewed his lip a little.

Greer: "Probably because I'm not wearing very much..." she guessed.

Christopher: "Nah. I've seen you naked before Greer. Hey Greer..." He regretted it a little as soon as he said it.

Greer: "Hmm?" she looked round at him.

Christopher: "Why don't you think we should date?" He chewed his lip a bit more.

Greer: She raised an eyebrow, "I thought we'd been through this?"

Christopher: "Yeah... What if I think it's worth it to try?"

Greer: She turned to look at him properly, "I'd probably say you were crazy..."

Christopher: "Why?" He sat a hand on her knee.

Greer: "Because it'd be really hard work to date a feral... I know I want to date like a normal person but... I kind of gave up hope of it..." she shrugged helplessly.

Christopher: "You really think I give up when it comes to hard work? I'm double majoring, working, an eagle scout, and I know like six martial arts. I don't give up when things get hard."

Greer: "This is not the same. You know it's not..." she frowned a little, "And with all the stuff we talked about before with you and Sophia and Rose... I kind of figured you have enough problems in that area..."

Christopher: "Me and Sophia are over..." He turned away a little. "I called her a few days ago..."

Greer: "Oh..." she chewed her lip, "Well... that's... um... at least you have some closure..."

Christopher: "Yeah..." He ran his fingers through his hair. "I knew it would be once she left though." He sighed.

Greer: "But now you know for sure... and you can move on... try the single life for a bit without feeling guilty."

Christopher: "What if I don't want to?" He moved over to the pool edge.

Greer: She frowned, "Then... um... don't? I don't know... it's your life..."

Christopher: "Yeah well you're not making it easy...." He reached down and splashed himself a little.

Greer: "Oh.... sorry..." she pulled her knees up to her chest and hugged them.

Christopher: "Greer. I ...." He facepalmed almost. "I want you to be the reason I'm not single...."

Greer: "... Oh." she didn't know what else to say to that.

Christopher: "Yeah... thought that'd be the answer.... Just forget it." He slid into the pool.

Greer: "No, wait..." she put her feet back in the water, "Chris... you know I want that, I really do... But I'm just worried you don't know what you're getting into..."

Christopher: "What do you think I don't understand?" He turned back to her.

Greer: "About how difficult it's going to be for you to keep me..."

Christopher: "I thought you said the feral wanted me too?" He moved over to her legs.

Greer: "She does... but I can't promise you it'll always be that way... if someone stronger comes along... someone beats you... her target could change..."

Christopher: "You could fight for me... I know the feral doesn't completely control your actions Greer...."

Greer: She shook her head and put her face in her hands, "That's not how it works with her... If I have to help you it's worse..."

Christopher: "I don't know what to tell you other than I don't give up Greer." He kissed at her leg.

Greer: She sighed and lifted her head out of her hands to look at him again, "You really want to try?"

Christopher: "Why wouldn't I Greer?" He looked up at her.

Greer: "Because I'm not worth it? ... Or because there's plenty of people around that're a lot less hassal and would probably be glad to date you...."

Christopher: "Why wouldn't you be worth it? And isn't that the point? There might be others but I want to be with you."

Greer: "I'm a lot of work..." she frowned, "I don't know... I guess I'm just wondering why me and not someone else... why not Rose?"

Christopher: "Greer... I'm like three years her senior, and I hardly know her. She prolly only likes me cuz I can speak spanish... I kinda think that's why I like her, she reminds me of Sophia."

Greer: "Oh... okay..." she ran a hand through her hair and sighed heavily.

Christopher: "What?" He pulled himself up enough to rest on the edge.

Greer: She shook her head, "Nothing..." she managed a small smile, "Just that... if you really want to go through all this... Well... I'd like that."

Christopher: "Really?" He looked over to her.

Greer: She nodded, "Yes. Really." She gave him another more genuine smile.

Christopher: "Uhmm..." He chewed his lip. "So...."

Greer: "So... this means we're dating now... which means I have to stop seeing other people..."

Christopher: "That would uhmm be perferable..." Chris smiled a little.

Greer: "I promise I'll try," she slipped into the water again, "Really really try."

Christopher: "I could just keep you hidden away." Chris grinned.

Greer: She smirked, "Mmm you could but I'd still have to go to work and to classes..."

Christopher: "Drats. You ruin my plans." He slipped back into the pool. "Hmm I could kick anyone's ass that tries to flirt with you?"

Greer: "What you're gonna stalk me now?" she laughed a little, "You can't watch me all the time, Chris... and I don't think I'd like that anyway..."

Christopher: "I know I was just kiddin babe." He ran his fingers through his hair.

Greer: She splashed him a bit, "So what happens now?"

Christopher: "I dunno babe. What do you want to happen?" He shook the water off and laughed a little.

Greer: She shrugged, "I don't know... I kind of mean in general... with us... what changes? It's been a long time since I did the relationship thing..."

Christopher: "Well uhmm I'll get you a lot of things?" Chris laughed a bit. "My mom might wanna meet you."

Greer: Greer blinked at him, "I um... okay...." she definately didn't know if that was a good idea. "My mom... won't... But Simon will..."

Christopher: "It's kinda different since we've already been sleeping together. We can go see movies and stuff?"

Greer: She nodded, "Yeah... we'll get the hang of it... I guess the hardest part is going to be the not sleeping with anyone else..."

Christopher: "I'm sure I can keep you well taken care of Greer." He moved closer and kissed her softly.

Greer: She smiled and kissed back, "We'll see." she grinned, "Now... I'm gonna go for a little swim and then I have to go to work."

Christopher: "Aww you can't come have some fun with me before work?" He grinned back at her. "And you know my bed is always open to you."

Greer: "And mine to you... and I guess I could... need to shower first though...."

Christopher: "Well I meant here and now but we can go hit the shower." He kissed her softly. "I can drop you off at work if you want."

Greer: "Not sure it's hygenic to do it in the pool," she grinned and licked his cheek before moving to climb out of the water, "You gonna pick me up too?"

Christopher: "Chlorine cleans everything out babe." He smacked her ass playfully. "Just call me. Or lemme know when, I don't mind."

Greer: "I guess I can call you, now are you coming or are you just going to stay in the pool?"

Christopher: "I'm comin I'm comin. Keep your panties on." He laughed a little and pulled himself out of the pool.

Greer: "Keep them on? That could make things complicated..." she grinned and headed for the showers.

Christopher: "Could be more fun." He smirked and followed her grabbing his towel on the way. "Ya never know, you might even like it."