8/16 Instance: Getting Along like a House on Fire

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

8/16 Instance: Getting Along like a House on Fire

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

Timelined for the day after [Game]Phantom Of The Cabaret.

Heather: Heather merrily crackled away in the fireplace. She didn't need to eat but sometimes it was nice to consume wood in her firey state, destroying things had the effect of making her feel better. It was almost like eating... but mostly it was just the burning things into ash. Thinking about it... she should probably keep that quiet around Pietro.

Rose: Rose headed into the library. Pietro had told her that he had a friend with very similar powers that would be a good guide for her to do some more awesome things. She looked around for the other girl.

Heather: She heard the door open and wondered if that was the person she was supposed to be expecting, she extended a plume of smoke to look around. Yep. "Hello Rose." Her voice eminated from the flames in the hearth.

Rose: Rose looked toward the voice, slightly surprised to not see a body. "Heather?"

Heather: "Correct." The flames flickered and condensed forming the shape of a woman who stepped calmly onto the rug and straightened up. "Nice to meet you," she smiled politely.

Rose: Rose smiled back. "Now that is something I've never done... how did you do that?"

Heather: "It's... hard to explain..." she gestured to one of the chairs by the fire, inviting Rose to sit with her. "It... feels natural to be in that state."

Rose: "I think I want to try that sometime..." Rose sat down in the chair, crossing her legs neatly.

Heather: Heather sat down too, also crossing her legs and clasping her hands in her lap. "So. Pietro tells me you have a similar mutation to mine..."

Rose: "Yes... I can pretty much do anything with fire that I want to. I've never tried to BE fire though. Though... I am hotter than most people."

Heather: Heather smirked a little, "Yes I've been there."

Rose: Rose smirked back. "Does your temperature run higher too?"

Heather: "It used to but now that only happens when I lose my temper or..." she blushed a little bit but quickly shook it off.

Rose: "Or... what?"

Heather: "Never mind that," she skirted the issue, "My point is it's about control... at least for me."

Rose: "Hmmm control..." Rose thought that over a bit.

Heather: "Incidentally... how is your control?"

Rose: "I'd say pretty good. I don't have accidents with the fire anymore. When I get really upset it's harder to keep control, but I haven't lost it in awhile."

Heather: "That's good... how long have you had your powers?"

Rose: "A few years... since... my dad died."

Heather: Heather nodded understandingly, "To get such good control in so short a time is impressive." she gave another smile.

Rose: "I used it a lot..."

Heather: "I'm sure you have but still, many mutants who have had their powers for longer than you - some since birth, can't control their powers."

Rose: Rose shrugged. "Maybe so."

Heather: "Believe me I know - I've met them." She cocked her head on one side, watching Rose in an appraising fashion.

Rose: "What do you mean?"

Heather: "In my old job... I saw a lot of mutants," she shrugged, "Many different mutations and circumstances, all with varying degrees of control. Some are just better at it than others."

Rose: Rose grinned a bit. "So I'm just a naturally good talent?"

Heather: "It seems you could be," she smiled, "But talent shouldn't be wasted... if you like, I could offer instruction - see if our mutations' similarities extend further."

Rose: Rose smiled happily at her. "That would be so great!"

Heather: "I'm sure it will be helpful to you, even if your mutation doesn't allow you to do all the same things I can... but I suppose we'd have to find somewhere to do that. Where I normally live is quite far away..."

Rose: "Yeah... how is this going to work?" Rose tried to work out some logistics.

Heather: "Well I could move nearer or some transportation could be arranged. Which ever is easiest for you." she settled back in her seat, resting her hands on the arms of the chair now instead.

Rose: "I don't see that you moving is quite fair."

Heather: "It's no trouble," Heather assured her, "I'm sure I have more than outstayed my welcome in Pietro's home. I never intended to stay as long as I have. Moving would be good for me, I'm sure."

Rose: "Well I guess that is your decision then. Don't move just on account of me, though."

Heather: "It's fine, don't worry about me," Heather gave her another smile, "I will find somewhere to stay nearby and send word with Pietro when I'm settled. How does that sound?"

Rose: "Sounds excellent." Rose smiled at her. "Thank you so much for your help."

Heather: "No problem, I see no point in standing by and not helping when I might be able to. Of course, I might not be able to teach you anything but there's no harm in trying."

Rose: "I really appreciate you being willing to try, Heather."

Heather: "It really is the least I can do. Have to make up for my past sins somehow," she smiled ruefully.

Rose: "I'm sure you couldn't have done anything too horrible."

Heather: Heather laughed a little, "Oh are you now?" she raised an eyebrow and smirked slightly, "With powers like ours you think I could help myself?"

Rose: Rose smiled softly. "Maybe not."

Heather: "If you haven't been tempted yet I'm sure you will be... and I won't bother telling you not to. That somehow always makes it seem more tempting than ever..."

Rose: "I understand." Rose said simply. No need to tell her she already toasted plenty of people.

Heather: "Don't worry," she added, "I won't lecture you if you have either. That would make me a hypocrite... and I suspect any objects of your wrath would have fully deserved it."

Rose: Rose just smiled sweetly. "So you've... killed people before?"

Heather: Heather nodded once, it seemed more an affirmative incline of her head.

Rose: Rose put a gentle hand on her arm. "I won't judge you either."

Heather: "Thank you. But I don't fear judgement from any source." it wasn't like they could really hold her anyway.

Rose: Rose smiled and withdrew her hand. "Well I am glad you are so... strong minded?"

Heather: "I've had a long time to get used to these things," she replied, "I'm probably just desensitised."

Rose: "Were the things you did that bad?"

Heather: "Sometimes, to do nothing is the worst thing you can ever do."

Rose: "So, you knew bad things were happening at your old job... and you let it?"

Heather: "That's what I was paid to do." She replied, "And I'm sure worse things would have happened if I'd tried to make life difficult for the one responsible."

Rose: Rose nodded her understanding.

Heather: Heather gripped the arms of the chair a little tighter for a moment then straightened up once more, "So... now that arrangements have been made, is there anything else you wish to know? Or perhaps you'd like to start now?"

Rose: "Well, I have some studying to get to, but I have some time tomorrow if that works for you."

Heather: She nodded, "Yes I will still be here then. Sophie wanted to stay for a few extra days and spend some time with her brother which I would rather avoid witnessing..." she rolled her eyes a little.

Rose: Rose laughed good naturedly. "Well thank you, Heather. Tomorrow around 3 then?"

Heather: "Sounds like a plan," she smiled and stood up, offering a hand to Rose.

Rose: Rose took it with a smile. This was all too easy.