Summer 2015: Sue

Check out what goes on between semesters here!
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

Summer 2015: Sue

Post by Svartfreja »

Rachel: Rachel was sprawled across a chair, legs over an arm with her head hanging off the side over the other arm, as she stared at the television. Out of the corner of her eye she could see her drink, but... she'd have to sit up to actually drink it.

Sue: Sue was sat on the sofa, legs crossed and a bowl of popcorn sitting in her lap. STAAAAR WAAAAAAARS.....

Paige: After dropping her things off in her new room, Paige went exploring. She knew to check the rec room first off as it usually had at least one person lurking in it. She was surprised to see not one, but two. And one was a familiar face. "RACHIE!" She pounced on Rachel for a hug.

Rachel: "Gah!" she flailed as she was attacked. And now she was missing lightsaber battles!

Sue: Sue eeped and put up a forcefield around herself as she turned invisible.

Paige: Paige laughed at her and backed up to flop onto the couch next to the other blonde. "Hi! I'm Paige... Miss Guthrie... whatever... hey where'd she go?"

Rachel: Rachel took a deep breath to recover from being squashed and looked over to the couch, blinking, "She didn't move?"

Paige: "She was just here... and now gone... It's super cool magic!!!!"

Sue: "I'm still here...." she turned visible again but kept the forcefield up.

Rachel: She let her head fall back in order to stare at the screen once more, watching for a few moments before asking, "When'd you get here, Paige?"

Paige: "Liiiiike 5 minutes ago maybe?" Paige laughed and looked at the screen. "What is it? The effects are terrible."

Rachel: Rachel just stared at her.

Sue: Sue also stared. "Blasphemy!"

Rachel: "Obviously, you need this marathon more than we do."

Paige: "There's a marathon of it?" Paige reached for popcorn, then paused. "Can I have some popcorn pleeeeeease?"

Sue: "Only if you promise not to hug me?" Sue replied, cautiously lowering her field.

Paige: "Why would I hug you? Do you need a hug? I can give you one if you want!"

Rachel: "I think the point was she didn't want you to squeeze the air from her lungs."

Paige: "Pssssh! As if!" Paige went for popcorn.

Sue: "I like hugs but you're a complete stranger...."

Paige: Paige laughed again. "I at least have to know your name first."

Sue: "Susan Storm... but you can just call me Sue...."

Rachel: "Uh oh, now she's going to hug you..."

Paige: "Not now... she's expecting it." Paige grinned.

Sue: Sue put a forcefield up again. Just in case.

Rachel: "Ninja hug?"

Paige: "Exactly!" Paige beamed at Rachel. "You catch on!"

Sue: "I think I might have to go back to wandering around the school invisible...."

Paige: "But then you'll never make friends... and you'll be sad and lonely and have to go live in an emo hut in the woods. You don't want to do that!"

Rachel: Rachel couldn't help it. She laughed.

Sue: Sue raised an eyebrow and looked over at Rachel then back at Paige. "Emo hut?"

Paige: "Where we send sad, pathetic people who whine a lot... like Rachie! Who is not so emo anymore!" Paige reached over to pat Rachel's head.

Sue: "... I'm not sad and pathetic..." though the look she was giving them said otherwise.

Rachel: "Hey!"

Paige: Paige giggled at them gleefully.

Rachel: Rachel reached up to fix her hair, smoothing it back down as she muttered, "Thankfully, I am not anymore."

Paige: "Exactly. So the moral to the story is... um... I need candy." Paige got up to run to the kitchen.

Sue: Sue blinked after her, "... What just happened?"

Rachel: "Just let the moment go," Rachel advised.

Paige: Paige was quick to return with a bag of gummy bears. She skated into the room then hopped onto the couch. "What did I miss?!"

Sue: "... Nothing?" Sue was glad for her field. She was safe behind it. Safe from the crazy.

Rachel: "Only the best part ever."

Paige: "So. Sue. Where are you from? LOVE the accent!" Paige munched on a gummy bear's head. "Awwww I always miss the good parts."

Sue: "Um... I'm from England?" there was absolutely no point giving an American the name of the town.

Rachel: "Sarcasm, Paige."

Paige: "You don't know how to speak another way do you?" Paige eyed her old friend. "I've always wanted to go to England."

Sue: "It's full of chip shops. I miss it."

Rachel: "Oh, I've been there," Rachel grinned and shook her head, "And, no. Not really."

Paige: "Well aren't you going back for summer? Most people do that... or used to."

Sue: She nodded, "Yeah... we're leaving soon..."

Paige: "Ohhhh so exciting!!! Wait, we?"

Sue: She nodded, "Yeah I have a brother here too... but we're bringing people home with us...."

Paige: "Awwww that's so sweet of you guys! What are your summer plans, Rachie?"

Rachel: "Um... I don't know yet. I've been hanging out here since... everything, but I'll have to go back to our apartment at some point." Which she was secretly dreading.

Sue: Sue went back to watching the movie and shoveling popcorn.

Paige: "Do you want me to go with you?" Paige offered, eating another gummy bear head.

Rachel: "I'll have Josh, but if you want to..." Rachel shrugged. Maybe it would be better if she had others with her... Maybe.

Paige: "Always ready to help." Paige assured her with a big smile.

Sue: Sue looked between them again, "Are you a student?"

Paige: "I'm your new teacher!"

Rachel: "I'm sorry," Rachel apologized to Sue.

Sue: ".... You know you're really late for classes, right?"

Paige: Paige giggled. "Really early you mean."

Angelina: Angel was in the kitchen and had snagged an apple for a snack. Hearing voices, she poked her head around the doorway into the rec room.

Rachel: Rachel spotted her and grinned, "Angel, please say you're here to save us."

Paige: "Angel?" Paige glanced up, then jumped up to give Angel a hug. "Angel!!!!"

Angelina: "Perche? From what?" Angel looked at the television, but saw no sharks. Then she "-Paige!" Angel was engulfed.

Sue: Ha. Forcefields were ace. She didn't have to fear that.

Rachel: "From that."

Angelina: "Paige.... dio mio! When did you get here?!" Angel returned the hug after a moment of stunned silence.

Paige: "Pffft, like you need saving from meeeee! How have you been!? I got here like.... 10 minutes ago now I think? Yeah!"

Lorna: Lorna was just lugging her bags to put into Millie as she heard a familiar voice calling while glomping onto Angel, by the sounds of it. She had to see this. The bags were abandoned at the entryway and she was soon peeking into the recroom, smirking.

Angelina: "Wow, that's... exact." Angel laughed, disentangling. "Some people aren't quite as enthusiastic about the hugs, you know," she giggled.

Paige: "LORNA!!!!!!!!!!!!" Paige abandoned Angel to pounce her bestest good friend ever.

Angelina: Angel took her opportunity and slid past Paige into the rec room, taking a seat by Rachel. She bit into her apple. "Good to be back, si?"

Lorna: "I really hope all the super-hearing students are all ready out, heya Paige." Lorna laughed, returning the rather pouncey hug.

Rachel: "Totally," Rachel nodded with a grin.

Sue: Sue vanished from sight again.

Angelina: Angel flicked her wings and watched. "She... has not changed a hair. It's uncanny."

Paige: Paige lingered just a bit, then backed up, grinning. "Where's Bobby?! He doesn't get to be immune."

Sue: And she was glad she was invisible as she cringed for that question.

Angelina: "Oooo," Angel winced, keeping her voice down and taking another bite of apple. She busied herself with the strap on her sandal.

Rachel: She bit down on her lip at the questioning about Bobby and actually sat up to reach for her drink.

Sue: It struck Sue while she was trying to look everywhere but at Lorna, that she was in a room full of women... And she wasn't allowed to look at any of them because they were all teachers. This SUCKED.

Lorna: She winced at the question, looking just as tired as she had after the whole memorial blow-up. "Secret government prison...how about Eve?"

Paige: It was Paige's turn to fall silent at a question. She darted it and turned to sympathy. "Lorna, I'm so sorry." She hugged her friend again.

Rachel: Rachel shot a glance to Angel. Things had just gotten a bit... uncomfortable.

Sue: The bowl of popcorn slowly floated its way mysteriously from the sofa to the table.

Angelina: Angel widened her eyes at Rachel and took interest in her other sandal, leaning over and showing more leg than intended.

Sue: The popcorn missed the table because Sue got distracted.

Lorna: "Nevermind, I've all ready had my breakdown of the week anyway, so, what are we doing in here?" Lorna was ready to change the topic anyway. "Oooh, Star Wars."

Sue: "Bollocks!" Sue tried to save most of it before it hit the floor.

Paige: "Yes I was just commenting on how terrible the effects were." Paige caught her up.

Rachel: "Because she's insane," Rachel commented. Star Wars was a safe topic.

Paige: "I'm not crazy... my mother had me tested."

Lorna: "...I don't know you anymore." Lorna told Paige, bending down to help clean up the popcorn. "Sure, Sheldon, sure."

Angelina: Angel tried to help Sue, but had to start laughing at Paige. "Tested?!"

Sue: What she'd managed to save in a bubble got dropped back into the bowl and she got up from the sofa. "Gonna go make more popcorn...." and she was also staying invisible. At least this way she could stare.

Paige: Paige pouted a bit. "I'm not crazy!"

Angelina: "No, not crazy, just perky!" Angel grinned. She was dying to know about Eve, but she knew about men and not wanting to talk about them.

Rachel: "That's one word for it..."

Lorna: "I like to call it eccentric exuberance."

Paige: "I like to call it not letting the crap in life get you down!"

Angelina: "Really perky, yo!" Angel nodded, hair bobbing along.

Lorna: Falling into the sofa, Lorna just let herself laugh. "It's good to have you back, Paige. Staying at the school from here on out, yeah?"

Sue: Sue made more popcorn in the microwave and brought it out, setting it on the table and going to curl up in a chair where she could see everyone and they still couldn't see her. Invisible was awesome.

Rachel: "I've been told that I should stay," she tossed in after taking a sip of her drink.

Lorna: "So...have you all traumatized Sue to the point of invisibleness or was she like that when you all got here?"

Rachel: "She fears ninja hugging."

Lorna: "....good reason."

Paige: "Yep! Staying! Rachie you should totally stay too."

Rachel: "I was also told I should be a teacher and have been called 'professor'..."

Angelina: "You should," Angel said, taking another bite of her apple. "Yeah... imagine when we were students if McCoy and Wagner and Xavier just started trying to hang with us and watch Star Wars. I'd hide too, yo."

Paige: Paige laughed at Angel. She started to say she had somebody to hide behind then, but she quickly thought of something other than Eve.

Sue: "I promise it's just the hugging...." Sue mumbled, adding the rest in her head. Because it was totally also that she was staring a little.

Lorna: "Believe it or not, it doesn't have to be as weird as all that...though you should all draw the line before flying your car buzzed with Melati."

Sue: "... You flew your car?!" She became visible again, "That is so awesome!"

Angelina: Angel looked up from locating a new biting place on her apple to blink at Lorna.

Paige: "Like... in Harry Potter?"

Rachel: Rachel had been about to comment that McCoy would totally have the bonus of twinkies if they were to have a movie marathon but also paused to blink at Lorna.

Lorna: "I think I might've claimed to be a secret Weasley..."

Lorna: "Actually, definitely did."

Sue: "You are the best teacher ever." Sue openly stared in awe.

Paige: "But you have green hair. You're the green sheep of the family."

Lorna: She preened at Sue's comment, flashing a grin as she let herself relax again. "My mother's ginger, maybe if I wasn't a mutant I would have been."

Rachel: Rachel set her drink down to rake her fingers through her hair, "So that's why she doesn't have a soul..."

Paige: "Says the redhead..."

Sue: Sue laughed.

Angelina: "Hey, I ain't complained about my powers for a long time, but ... you guys suck, yo." Angel laughed. "I could spit on this apple and gross you all out. Just for spite."

Lorna: "If it makes you feel any better, Angel, Paige has to rip her skin off before she can do anything cool."

Paige: Paige made a face at Lorna. "Yeah yeah, rub it in that you got the cool power."

Sue: "Ewwwwww...." Sue wrinkled her nose.

Angelina: "Punto buon, si. Marginally." She flicked her wings back. "Some of us draw the short stick, so we just have to make due with beauty." Angel grinned at Paige conspiratorially.

Rachel: "I think I've done fine with both," Rachel grinned.

Paige: "Which is why I have the better hair." She winked at Lorna. "I need to get ahold of yours! Those split ends!" Paige tsked at Lorna.

Sue: "Wings are pretty cool in my opinion. I'd love to be able to fly."

Paige: "I can turn into small animals." Paige offered. "I just don't like to... then again I don't like to use my power at all right?" She laughed.

Angelina: "I like the wings," she admitted, ruffling them. "But spitting acid?" Angel made a face.

Rachel: Rachel gave a shrug, "I could leave the telepathy, but telekinesis? So awesome."

Paige: "I think it'd be pretty cool to know what people thought sometimes."

Sue: "Ew." Sue wrinkled her nose again. "I can only turn invisible and make forcefields... But I have to really concentrate for the forcefields or they go away."

Angelina: "I could see knowing thoughts to be good and bad," Angel considered.

Paige: "It'd sure save time dating. You'd know if he liked you or not right away."

Angelina: "Si, or if you should just get the restraining order ready!" Angel giggled.

Sue: "You don't know what I'm thinking right now, do you?" Sue was suddenly worried her staring hadn't been quite so stealthy.

Rachel: Rachel laughed and glanced to Sue, shaking her head, "Should I be paying attention to that? Because I can."

Paige: Paige forced a smile at retraining order. She pushed past it to laugh at Sue.

Sue: She shook her head, "Nooooo it's fiiiiiiiine."

Rachel: "You know... I should just go out and charge money for being psychic..." she mused.

Paige: "You could make a killing!"

Angelina: "....I'll be your agent!" Angel was suddenly all in for this plan.

Rachel: "I am completely for trying this sometime."

Paige: "Can I be the sexy sign holder girl and draw people in?"

Sue: "Um... hate to be the one to point this out because you're all teachers and I'm just the lonely freshman here... but isn't that a bit unethical?"

Angelina: "Not at all -- she's a real psychic!" Angel bounced slightly.

Paige: "See? Winning!"

Rachel: Rachel glanced between Angel and Paige before looking back to Sue, giving a shrug. That was true. She was actually psychic.

Sue: She wrinkled her nose, it didn't sound right.

Paige: "Ohhh lighten up Sue! Those things are just for fun anyway!"

Sue: "I'm not really known for my ability to lighten up.... you can ask Johnny."

Angelina: "They'd just be getting more than they expected for the money," Angel shrugged. "Johnny?"

Paige: "Who is Johnny?" Paige reached for her gummy bears again.

Rachel: Rachel considered the name. It sounded familiar, but everyone's name sounded a bit familiar by now...

Sue: "Johnny's my little brother.... except he's in the year above me."

Lorna: "We need a proper stagename for Rachel if she's going to be a psychic." Lorna pointed out. "It just won't look good in the adverts."

Paige: "Hmmmm...." Paige got to thinking.

Rachel: "Oh, and I'd totally have to raid the costume closet for an outfit."

Angelina: "Miss Chel tells all."

Sue: "We had one on tv on the lottery called mystic meg, you could try something like that."

Lorna: "Oh, I can absolutely outfit you...I'll finally have a reason for the hoopskirts!"

Rachel: The hoopskirts sounded almost as terrifying as Paige, but on the other hand there was the chance to terrify others...

Paige: "And I can do your hair!!!!"

Rachel: Rachel pushed her fingers through her hair again as she considered Paige, "I don't know..."

Paige: "Please... I've done your hair plenty of times." She grinned, biting off another gummy bear head.

Sue: Sue wasn't sure she'd want to let someone that crazy near her head with anything sharp or hot.

Angelina: "I'll even let you do mine, 'cause the manager has to look as fabulous as the talent, si!"

Paige: "Of course I'll do yours too! You will look... fabulousa?"

Rachel: "I reserve the right to let you do mine until I know whether Angel comes out unscathed or not."

Paige: "You doubt me?!?!?"

Rachel: "...Yes."

Angelina: Angel applauded Paige's effort, holding her apple in her teeth to free her hands.

Lorna: "Don't worry, I'll be here to guide any pointy objects away from flesh."

Paige: Paige pouted at Rachel.

Rachel: Rachel considered the pout and tried to resist. "Fine..." she relented.

Paige: "Yay!!!!" Paige hugged Lorna, who was closer.

Angelina: "It's a hair party plan!" Angel cheered, laughing at Lorna's sudden attachment.
:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Re: Summer 2015: Sue

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I started singing Van Halen's GIRLS GIRLS GIRLS!
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

Post by Svartfreja »

Sue: Sue sighed and rolled over, rubbing her eyes a little and blinking over at the shape of Hope on her air mattress. She frowned a little and rolled back to face Melati.

Melati: Who was already awake and grinning at Sue. "Are you thinking the same thing I am thinking," she asked, keeping her voice to a low whisper.

Sue: "I don't know, what are you thinking? I'm thinking we need some alone time and she might wake up."

Melati: That brought a frown to Melati's face. "No... but now that you mention it, I really should have thought of that, too." Sliding closer to Sue, she slipped an arm around her waist and placed a light kiss on her lips. "I guess asking her to join in is out of the question?" She grinned suggestively.

Sue: Sue giggled, "I don't think she'd go for that... we could just drag her out into the hall..."

Melati: "Oooh, now that's closer to what I had in mind at first," Mel replied, making an excited face. "Why stop there, though? We should drag her out in front of the house. It's summer, we're having a kind of sleepover, and she's on the air-mattress. It's tradition."

Sue: She giggled, "We'd have to get her down the stairs... but hey I have forcefields I can just float her out there..." she gave a grin then slipped out of the bed.

Melati: "That's exactly why I was counting on you," she whispered, slipping out on the other side of the bed. "Think we can fit her through the window?"

Sue: Sue eyed it, "Don't know... guess if I contained properly and we put her out diagonally...." She moved to put some shoes on. "But if we're going out the window we could leave her somewhere more interesting like the roof...."

Melati: Seeing little need for shoes in her case, Mel settled for grabbing her shirt. "And here I started to believe my bad influence was lost on you." She chuckled under her breath. "Wait..." Her eyes widened, the grin returning to her face. "I got something even better. Air mattresses float, no?"

Sue: Sue blinked at her and nodded slowly, "They do, yes."

Melati: Mel continued to grin at her, waggling her eyebrows before she asked: "How far is it to the river?"

Sue: She barely contained a laugh, "Not that far, like a hundred yards if we take a shortcut. I'll get some rope so we can tie her off."

Melati: "Wicked." She gave Sue both thumbs up. "I'll open the window and climb down first, just so I can catch her should anything go wrong during Operation Hover-Hope."

Sue: Sue snorted quietly and hurried to get a tow rope from the cupboard under the stairs. She was back a couple of minutes later, holding up said rope, "Got it!"

Melati: Melati signaled OK with her free hand, for one to not risk waking up Hope, but mostly because she was already out the window and on her way down. Looking down, she let herself drop the rest of the distance and landed on the lawn. "Alright, I'm good!"

Sue: Sue lifted Hope's matress veeeeery carefully in a forcefield and applied just enough pressure to keep her completely immobile for the slightly slanted trip out of the window. She bit her lip as she concentrated on tipping her just enough to fit and pushed her out slowly. Phase one completed, she set Hope horizontal again and followed her, walking out on a forcefield of her own and lowering them both down.

Sue: "Okay... this way...." She held out the rope to Melati and showed her to the foot of their long garden and the landing stage at the bottom.

Melati: "Right, let's do this," Mel said, grabbing the rope and walking ahead, making sure the way was clear. They had to walk carefully because of the dim starlight. "How's our sleeping princess?" She slowed her steps when the stage creaked underneath her feet.

Sue: "Still sleeping." Well she assumed she was, she'd had to lift her up over their heads quite a distance to avoid the bushes and trees on the steps down to the landing stage. She steered her out over the river a bit before lowering her down enough to come in under the canopy and onto the platform itself. "Yep. She sleeps like a log."

Sue: She ran a hand through her hair, "Okay, I'll lift her back up and you can get the rope around her, tie it like a parcel."

Melati: "On it," Mel confirmed, holding on to one end of the rope and leaning forward to wrap it around Hope on her floating mattress. "I just know this will end with me falling in." She turned her head to look at Sue. "You know, we should go grab a camera when we're done here. This is going to be one for the ages."

Sue: She giggled, "Sure... And if you fell in I'd save you." She promised, "I'll tie her off to the landing stage and then we can take a picture... assuming she doesn't wake up before then."

Melati: "No worries, I know what I'm doing." She didn't pause her rope-tying endeavour while cracking a grin at the other girl. "I've years of experience decorating drunks."

Sue: She laughed, "I'm sure you have." Sue moved to help checking the knots. Definitely didn't want those coming undone.

Melati: "Alright, looks like we're ready to launch our mighty ship." Melati carefully checked the knot, trying not to disturb the sleeping Hope, then took a step back. "Set her down when you're ready."

Sue: Sue grinned and moved to climb down the ladder, walking out onto a forcefield on the water before lifting Hope up and pulling her out too. She took the end of the rope and tied it carefully to the leg of the landing stage before gently setting Hope upon the water and gradually lowering the matress into it. "There." She lifted back up again. "I'll run and get a camera."

Melati: Melati gave a salute when Hope and her mattress were let down onto the water. "And hereby we christen this boat the Clueless," she said. "May fortune smile upon it on all its voyages."

Sue: She laughed again. "I'll be right back." She leaned to kiss Melati before carrying herself on a forcefield back to the house for the camera. This needed to be documented. Verily.

Melati: Watching Hope and her mattress drift gently on the light waves, Mel's wait for Sue's return felt to be over in an instant. "You know it's going to be great when she wakes up in the morning," she said, leaning against the other girl.

Sue: Sue grinned, snapping a picture, "It's a shame we probably won't get to see that part... it'd be hilarious." She leaned against Melati. "I actually can't believe she's still asleep."

Melati: "Well, the longer she sleeps, the better for us, no?" She looked at Sue, a smirk on her lips. "After all, the reason we did this in the first place is to get some privacy time."

Sue: "Yes. That is very true." She smiled, setting the camera down on the stage and slipping her arms around Mel.

Melati: Doing the same, Melati tilted her head and flicked her tongue at Sue's neck, before looking at Hope again. "Well, she appears to be in good hands," she said, turning back with a smile. "Wanna sneak back to bed?"

Sue: "I do want to sneak back to bed.... but also want to see how long it takes her to wake up... heeeeeey you know what we should do? Take her for a trip down the river and tie her to things and take more pictures."

Melati: "Ooh, we could bet on how far she'll go," Mel replied with a grin. "Though, I'm not taking the blame if she gets stolen by beavers."

Sue: She laughed, "We don't have beavers. Worst that'll happen is she gets crapped on by a duck." She got to her feet again, "Ever been in a kayak?"

Melati: "As long as we don't forget to take a picture of it, that's perfectly fine by me." She cocked her head and frowned. "No, not that I remember."

Sue: She went to climb down the ladder again and disappeared under the landing stage. Moments later there was a dragging sound and a small splash then she came back into view with two kayaks and two paddles, "It's fun."

Melati: She arched both eyebrows. "This is probably the point where I should say that we're going to regret coming up with this idea, but if I did that, I wouldn't be me, no?" Mel gave a suppressed laugh and began to climb down towards the dark water. "We're all going to drown."

Sue: "Nah, you're with me. Bubbles are your friend." She spread her field out over the surface of the water so Mel could walk on it to the kayak she would be using (it had straps for handles on both ends whereas Sue's had toggles). She also steadied the kayak in the water with her field so it didn't wobble about when she climbed in.

Melati: "Cheers," she said, getting comfortable in the small boat. "I knew you were useful to keep around aside from your pretty face." Mel grabbed the paddle and tried to get the hang of that thing.

Sue: Sue climbed in to her own and showed Mel how to hold the paddle before demonstrating how to use it by steering herself over to the landing stage to untie Hope.

Melati: "Right, looks like we've got our boats, some paddles, and our pet float," Mel commented, looking at Sue with a wry smirk on her lips. "Ready to hit the waves then?"

Sue: "I sure am!" She grinned, keeping hold of the end of the rope but mostly steering Hope with forcefields, "Oh wait the camera..." she picked it up in a bubble and put it in Mel's lap. "That's your job."

Melati: "No worries," she said, grabbing the camera and holding it up to snap a picture of Sue. "I won't disappoint."
:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

Hope: Hope hadn't said a word the entire ride home from the hospital. She didn't say a word as she moved through the Storm house to Johnny's room, sinking down on his bed.

Johnny: Johnny followed Hope into his bedroom and quietly closed the door behind him. He stayed near the doorway as he eyed her, not entirely sure what to say.

Hope: "Either I'm moving in to your room, or I'm going back to school." She finally said.

Johnny: He stared at her for a few long moments as he let that process, frowning slightly. "Then, I guess you're going back to school."

Hope: Hope looked up at him, surprised. "Seriously?"

Johnny: "Well, you can't stay in here. I can't imagine my parents being cool with that."

Hope: "So your parents are cool with her nearly drowning me instead?"

Johnny: Johnny rolled his eyes, "It was a joke, Hope."

Hope: "Well it wasn't fucking funny!" Hope slid her hands to her face. She refused to cry over this crap again. "Funny is.. swapping out shampoo with washable hair dye that washes out in a few days. Funny is ping pong balls in your locker so they fall out on you."

Hope: "Tying somebody to an air mattress and putting them into a major river in the middle of the night isn't funny. I could have flipped and been trapped and drowned. I nearly drowned when they tried to rescue me!"

Johnny: "You're overreacting," he stated simply.

Hope: Hope threw his pillow at him. "I'm not fucking overreacting!" He may have helped.

Johnny: "What the fuck?!" Johnny exclaimed as he ducked the pillow. "Seriously, take a fucking joke! It was just some prank!"

Hope: "How about I tie you to a mattress and set you afloat and see how fucking hilarious YOU find it duck boy!"

Johnny: His jaw set as he took that in, giving her a glare, "At least I'd be able to see the funny side. You have absolutely no fucking sense of humor."

Hope: "Says the guy who won't step within 10 FEET of a body of water."

Johnny: "Of course not! Why would I after you tried to drown me!?" he snapped before he really thought about what he was saying.

Hope: Hope swallowed hard. She bit the inside of her mouth until she could taste the blood in her mouth. "So you're also a damn liar too. You swore up and down that it wasn't me and told me to get past it. No wonder you've been such a distant bastard. You still hold a grudge just like your bitch of a sister!"

Johnny: "I hold a grudge? I hold a grudge?! You're the one that can't get past whatever fucking issues you have with her, but I'm the one holding grudges? Are you that fucking delusional?" Johnny questioned, adding, "And if I'm such a liar and bastard and you can't deal with my sister trying to pull a joke on you, maybe you should fuck off back to school!"

Hope: "She tried to SUFFOCATE me and now she's tried to DROWN me!? What the fucking hell is WRONG with you!?" Hope wiped one stray tear away. "But I guess you don't really care anyway." She got up to push past him to go to Sue's room.

Johnny: "I thought you two were past the whole incident in the hall! And, she wasn't fucking trying to drown you, nor was she entirely responsible for it!" Johnny yelled after her, moving to follow and slamming his door behind him, "Since I don't really care though, I guess we're done."

Hope: Hope just gave him a look. "You think? You're perfectly ok with what she did. She sent me to the hospital. And you think it's cute and funny and I'm overreacting. I had to have a mother fucking PSYCH eval. They thought I was crazy! I'm not crazy! I'M NOT FUCKING CRAZY!" She started gathering her things, shaking the entire time.

Johnny: "Maybe you should try accessing your uncrazy side, so I could fucking tell!"

Hope: "The only crazy thing I ever did was telling you how I felt." She zipped up her bag. "You obviously never felt the same way." She started looking around again. "....I need my ticket."

Johnny: "The only crazy thing you did..." Johnny scoffed under his breath as he stormed down the stairs to go find her ticket, completely oblivious to the looks he was receiving from his family.

Sue: Sue stared after Mel as she made a swift exit from family awkward time. Traitor! She was totally paying for that later.

Hope: Hope hit herself in the leg a couple of times to keep herself from crying. Not yet. She picked up her envelope from the hospital and started down the stairs, glaring death at Sue.

Sue: Sue instinctively shielded herself.

Johnny: He tore through the things on the desk until he came across the plane tickets, plucking one up from the pile and offering it to her with a scowl.

Hope: "Thanks." She said, taking one last look at him. She was about to cave and beg him to reconsider when a thought crossed her mind. Don't do it. He doesn't love you. He used you for sex. He doesn't want you. Hope shoved the envelope at Sue. "So you can see all the shit you caused in your little 'joke.'"

Sue: "Uh.... okay...." she opened up the bubble enough to take the envelope.

Johnny: Johnny moved to get the front door.

Hope: She looked to his parents. She doubted she'd ever see that stupid pity look again. She was relieved. "Mr. and Mrs. Storm, I'm very sorry for this scene. You two have been most gracious hosts, and I thank you." One look at Sue cemented her next sentence. "Sue is a lesbian." She held her head high and marched to the door, forcing herself not to look back.

Sue: Sue stared at her. Oh she did not-!? Oh God! She promptly vanished from view.

Johnny: Johnny had slammed the door after her and paused with his hand on the knob, letting that sink in. Oh, no...