Summer 2015: Paige

Check out what goes on between semesters here!
TechPrincess
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Little BABY!! Fairy <3
Nightscrawlearth Character: :jean :emma :husk

Summer 2015: Paige

Post by TechPrincess »

Rachel: Rachel was sprawled across a chair, legs over an arm with her head hanging off the side over the other arm, as she stared at the television. Out of the corner of her eye she could see her drink, but... she'd have to sit up to actually drink it.

Sue: Sue was sat on the sofa, legs crossed and a bowl of popcorn sitting in her lap. STAAAAR WAAAAAAARS.....

Paige: After dropping her things off in her new room, Paige went exploring. She knew to check the rec room first off as it usually had at least one person lurking in it. She was surprised to see not one, but two. And one was a familiar face. "RACHIE!" She pounced on Rachel for a hug.

Rachel: "Gah!" she flailed as she was attacked. And now she was missing lightsaber battles!

Sue: Sue eeped and put up a forcefield around herself as she turned invisible.

Paige: Paige laughed at her and backed up to flop onto the couch next to the other blonde. "Hi! I'm Paige... Miss Guthrie... whatever... hey where'd she go?"

Rachel: Rachel took a deep breath to recover from being squashed and looked over to the couch, blinking, "She didn't move?"

Paige: "She was just here... and now gone... It's super cool magic!!!!"

Sue: "I'm still here...." she turned visible again but kept the forcefield up.

Rachel: She let her head fall back in order to stare at the screen once more, watching for a few moments before asking, "When'd you get here, Paige?"

Paige: "Liiiiike 5 minutes ago maybe?" Paige laughed and looked at the screen. "What is it? The effects are terrible."

Rachel: Rachel just stared at her.

Sue: Sue also stared. "Blasphemy!"

Rachel: "Obviously, you need this marathon more than we do."

Paige: "There's a marathon of it?" Paige reached for popcorn, then paused. "Can I have some popcorn pleeeeeease?"

Sue: "Only if you promise not to hug me?" Sue replied, cautiously lowering her field.

Paige: "Why would I hug you? Do you need a hug? I can give you one if you want!"

Rachel: "I think the point was she didn't want you to squeeze the air from her lungs."

Paige: "Pssssh! As if!" Paige went for popcorn.

Sue: "I like hugs but you're a complete stranger...."

Paige: Paige laughed again. "I at least have to know your name first."

Sue: "Susan Storm... but you can just call me Sue...."

Rachel: "Uh oh, now she's going to hug you..."

Paige: "Not now... she's expecting it." Paige grinned.

Sue: Sue put a forcefield up again. Just in case.

Rachel: "Ninja hug?"

Paige: "Exactly!" Paige beamed at Rachel. "You catch on!"

Sue: "I think I might have to go back to wandering around the school invisible...."

Paige: "But then you'll never make friends... and you'll be sad and lonely and have to go live in an emo hut in the woods. You don't want to do that!"

Rachel: Rachel couldn't help it. She laughed.

Sue: Sue raised an eyebrow and looked over at Rachel then back at Paige. "Emo hut?"

Paige: "Where we send sad, pathetic people who whine a lot... like Rachie! Who is not so emo anymore!" Paige reached over to pat Rachel's head.

Sue: "... I'm not sad and pathetic..." though the look she was giving them said otherwise.

Rachel: "Hey!"

Paige: Paige giggled at them gleefully.

Rachel: Rachel reached up to fix her hair, smoothing it back down as she muttered, "Thankfully, I am not anymore."

Paige: "Exactly. So the moral to the story is... um... I need candy." Paige got up to run to the kitchen.

Sue: Sue blinked after her, "... What just happened?"

Rachel: "Just let the moment go," Rachel advised.

Paige: Paige was quick to return with a bag of gummy bears. She skated into the room then hopped onto the couch. "What did I miss?!"

Sue: "... Nothing?" Sue was glad for her field. She was safe behind it. Safe from the crazy.

Rachel: "Only the best part ever."

Paige: "So. Sue. Where are you from? LOVE the accent!" Paige munched on a gummy bear's head. "Awwww I always miss the good parts."

Sue: "Um... I'm from England?" there was absolutely no point giving an American the name of the town.

Rachel: "Sarcasm, Paige."

Paige: "You don't know how to speak another way do you?" Paige eyed her old friend. "I've always wanted to go to England."

Sue: "It's full of chip shops. I miss it."

Rachel: "Oh, I've been there," Rachel grinned and shook her head, "And, no. Not really."

Paige: "Well aren't you going back for summer? Most people do that... or used to."

Sue: She nodded, "Yeah... we're leaving soon..."

Paige: "Ohhhh so exciting!!! Wait, we?"

Sue: She nodded, "Yeah I have a brother here too... but we're bringing people home with us...."

Paige: "Awwww that's so sweet of you guys! What are your summer plans, Rachie?"

Rachel: "Um... I don't know yet. I've been hanging out here since... everything, but I'll have to go back to our apartment at some point." Which she was secretly dreading.

Sue: Sue went back to watching the movie and shoveling popcorn.

Paige: "Do you want me to go with you?" Paige offered, eating another gummy bear head.

Rachel: "I'll have Josh, but if you want to..." Rachel shrugged. Maybe it would be better if she had others with her... Maybe.

Paige: "Always ready to help." Paige assured her with a big smile.

Sue: Sue looked between them again, "Are you a student?"

Paige: "I'm your new teacher!"

Rachel: "I'm sorry," Rachel apologized to Sue.

Sue: ".... You know you're really late for classes, right?"

Paige: Paige giggled. "Really early you mean."

Angelina: Angel was in the kitchen and had snagged an apple for a snack. Hearing voices, she poked her head around the doorway into the rec room.

Rachel: Rachel spotted her and grinned, "Angel, please say you're here to save us."

Paige: "Angel?" Paige glanced up, then jumped up to give Angel a hug. "Angel!!!!"

Angelina: "Perche? From what?" Angel looked at the television, but saw no sharks. Then she "-Paige!" Angel was engulfed.

Sue: Ha. Forcefields were ace. She didn't have to fear that.

Rachel: "From that."

Angelina: "Paige.... dio mio! When did you get here?!" Angel returned the hug after a moment of stunned silence.

Paige: "Pffft, like you need saving from meeeee! How have you been!? I got here like.... 10 minutes ago now I think? Yeah!"

Lorna: Lorna was just lugging her bags to put into Millie as she heard a familiar voice calling while glomping onto Angel, by the sounds of it. She had to see this. The bags were abandoned at the entryway and she was soon peeking into the recroom, smirking.

Angelina: "Wow, that's... exact." Angel laughed, disentangling. "Some people aren't quite as enthusiastic about the hugs, you know," she giggled.

Paige: "LORNA!!!!!!!!!!!!" Paige abandoned Angel to pounce her bestest good friend ever.

Angelina: Angel took her opportunity and slid past Paige into the rec room, taking a seat by Rachel. She bit into her apple. "Good to be back, si?"

Lorna: "I really hope all the super-hearing students are all ready out, heya Paige." Lorna laughed, returning the rather pouncey hug.

Rachel: "Totally," Rachel nodded with a grin.

Sue: Sue vanished from sight again.

Angelina: Angel flicked her wings and watched. "She... has not changed a hair. It's uncanny."

Paige: Paige lingered just a bit, then backed up, grinning. "Where's Bobby?! He doesn't get to be immune."

Sue: And she was glad she was invisible as she cringed for that question.

Angelina: "Oooo," Angel winced, keeping her voice down and taking another bite of apple. She busied herself with the strap on her sandal.

Rachel: She bit down on her lip at the questioning about Bobby and actually sat up to reach for her drink.

Sue: It struck Sue while she was trying to look everywhere but at Lorna, that she was in a room full of women... And she wasn't allowed to look at any of them because they were all teachers. This SUCKED.

Lorna: She winced at the question, looking just as tired as she had after the whole memorial blow-up. "Secret government prison...how about Eve?"

Paige: It was Paige's turn to fall silent at a question. She darted it and turned to sympathy. "Lorna, I'm so sorry." She hugged her friend again.

Rachel: Rachel shot a glance to Angel. Things had just gotten a bit... uncomfortable.

Sue: The bowl of popcorn slowly floated its way mysteriously from the sofa to the table.

Angelina: Angel widened her eyes at Rachel and took interest in her other sandal, leaning over and showing more leg than intended.

Sue: The popcorn missed the table because Sue got distracted.

Lorna: "Nevermind, I've all ready had my breakdown of the week anyway, so, what are we doing in here?" Lorna was ready to change the topic anyway. "Oooh, Star Wars."

Sue: "Bollocks!" Sue tried to save most of it before it hit the floor.

Paige: "Yes I was just commenting on how terrible the effects were." Paige caught her up.

Rachel: "Because she's insane," Rachel commented. Star Wars was a safe topic.

Paige: "I'm not crazy... my mother had me tested."

Lorna: "...I don't know you anymore." Lorna told Paige, bending down to help clean up the popcorn. "Sure, Sheldon, sure."

Angelina: Angel tried to help Sue, but had to start laughing at Paige. "Tested?!"

Sue: What she'd managed to save in a bubble got dropped back into the bowl and she got up from the sofa. "Gonna go make more popcorn...." and she was also staying invisible. At least this way she could stare.

Paige: Paige pouted a bit. "I'm not crazy!"

Angelina: "No, not crazy, just perky!" Angel grinned. She was dying to know about Eve, but she knew about men and not wanting to talk about them.

Rachel: "That's one word for it..."

Lorna: "I like to call it eccentric exuberance."

Paige: "I like to call it not letting the crap in life get you down!"

Angelina: "Really perky, yo!" Angel nodded, hair bobbing along.

Lorna: Falling into the sofa, Lorna just let herself laugh. "It's good to have you back, Paige. Staying at the school from here on out, yeah?"

Sue: Sue made more popcorn in the microwave and brought it out, setting it on the table and going to curl up in a chair where she could see everyone and they still couldn't see her. Invisible was awesome.

Rachel: "I've been told that I should stay," she tossed in after taking a sip of her drink.

Lorna: "So...have you all traumatized Sue to the point of invisibleness or was she like that when you all got here?"

Rachel: "She fears ninja hugging."

Lorna: "....good reason."

Paige: "Yep! Staying! Rachie you should totally stay too."

Rachel: "I was also told I should be a teacher and have been called 'professor'..."

Angelina: "You should," Angel said, taking another bite of her apple. "Yeah... imagine when we were students if McCoy and Wagner and Xavier just started trying to hang with us and watch Star Wars. I'd hide too, yo."

Paige: Paige laughed at Angel. She started to say she had somebody to hide behind then, but she quickly thought of something other than Eve.

Sue: "I promise it's just the hugging...." Sue mumbled, adding the rest in her head. Because it was totally also that she was staring a little.

Lorna: "Believe it or not, it doesn't have to be as weird as all that...though you should all draw the line before flying your car buzzed with Melati."

Sue: "... You flew your car?!" She became visible again, "That is so awesome!"

Angelina: Angel looked up from locating a new biting place on her apple to blink at Lorna.

Paige: "Like... in Harry Potter?"

Rachel: Rachel had been about to comment that McCoy would totally have the bonus of twinkies if they were to have a movie marathon but also paused to blink at Lorna.

Lorna: "I think I might've claimed to be a secret Weasley..."

Lorna: "Actually, definitely did."

Sue: "You are the best teacher ever." Sue openly stared in awe.

Paige: "But you have green hair. You're the green sheep of the family."

Lorna: She preened at Sue's comment, flashing a grin as she let herself relax again. "My mother's ginger, maybe if I wasn't a mutant I would have been."

Rachel: Rachel set her drink down to rake her fingers through her hair, "So that's why she doesn't have a soul..."

Paige: "Says the redhead..."

Sue: Sue laughed.

Angelina: "Hey, I ain't complained about my powers for a long time, but ... you guys suck, yo." Angel laughed. "I could spit on this apple and gross you all out. Just for spite."

Lorna: "If it makes you feel any better, Angel, Paige has to rip her skin off before she can do anything cool."

Paige: Paige made a face at Lorna. "Yeah yeah, rub it in that you got the cool power."

Sue: "Ewwwwww...." Sue wrinkled her nose.

Angelina: "Punto buon, si. Marginally." She flicked her wings back. "Some of us draw the short stick, so we just have to make due with beauty." Angel grinned at Paige conspiratorially.

Rachel: "I think I've done fine with both," Rachel grinned.

Paige: "Which is why I have the better hair." She winked at Lorna. "I need to get ahold of yours! Those split ends!" Paige tsked at Lorna.

Sue: "Wings are pretty cool in my opinion. I'd love to be able to fly."

Paige: "I can turn into small animals." Paige offered. "I just don't like to... then again I don't like to use my power at all right?" She laughed.

Angelina: "I like the wings," she admitted, ruffling them. "But spitting acid?" Angel made a face.

Rachel: Rachel gave a shrug, "I could leave the telepathy, but telekinesis? So awesome."

Paige: "I think it'd be pretty cool to know what people thought sometimes."

Sue: "Ew." Sue wrinkled her nose again. "I can only turn invisible and make forcefields... But I have to really concentrate for the forcefields or they go away."

Angelina: "I could see knowing thoughts to be good and bad," Angel considered.

Paige: "It'd sure save time dating. You'd know if he liked you or not right away."

Angelina: "Si, or if you should just get the restraining order ready!" Angel giggled.

Sue: "You don't know what I'm thinking right now, do you?" Sue was suddenly worried her staring hadn't been quite so stealthy.

Rachel: Rachel laughed and glanced to Sue, shaking her head, "Should I be paying attention to that? Because I can."

Paige: Paige forced a smile at retraining order. She pushed past it to laugh at Sue.

Sue: She shook her head, "Nooooo it's fiiiiiiiine."

Rachel: "You know... I should just go out and charge money for being psychic..." she mused.

Paige: "You could make a killing!"

Angelina: "....I'll be your agent!" Angel was suddenly all in for this plan.

Rachel: "I am completely for trying this sometime."

Paige: "Can I be the sexy sign holder girl and draw people in?"

Sue: "Um... hate to be the one to point this out because you're all teachers and I'm just the lonely freshman here... but isn't that a bit unethical?"

Angelina: "Not at all -- she's a real psychic!" Angel bounced slightly.

Paige: "See? Winning!"

Rachel: Rachel glanced between Angel and Paige before looking back to Sue, giving a shrug. That was true. She was actually psychic.

Sue: She wrinkled her nose, it didn't sound right.

Paige: "Ohhh lighten up Sue! Those things are just for fun anyway!"

Sue: "I'm not really known for my ability to lighten up.... you can ask Johnny."

Angelina: "They'd just be getting more than they expected for the money," Angel shrugged. "Johnny?"

Paige: "Who is Johnny?" Paige reached for her gummy bears again.

Rachel: Rachel considered the name. It sounded familiar, but everyone's name sounded a bit familiar by now...

Sue: "Johnny's my little brother.... except he's in the year above me."

Lorna: "We need a proper stagename for Rachel if she's going to be a psychic." Lorna pointed out. "It just won't look good in the adverts."

Paige: "Hmmmm...." Paige got to thinking.

Rachel: "Oh, and I'd totally have to raid the costume closet for an outfit."

Angelina: "Miss Chel tells all."

Sue: "We had one on tv on the lottery called mystic meg, you could try something like that."

Lorna: "Oh, I can absolutely outfit you...I'll finally have a reason for the hoopskirts!"

Rachel: The hoopskirts sounded almost as terrifying as Paige, but on the other hand there was the chance to terrify others...

Paige: "And I can do your hair!!!!"

Rachel: Rachel pushed her fingers through her hair again as she considered Paige, "I don't know..."

Paige: "Please... I've done your hair plenty of times." She grinned, biting off another gummy bear head.

Sue: Sue wasn't sure she'd want to let someone that crazy near her head with anything sharp or hot.

Angelina: "I'll even let you do mine, 'cause the manager has to look as fabulous as the talent, si!"

Paige: "Of course I'll do yours too! You will look... fabulousa?"

Rachel: "I reserve the right to let you do mine until I know whether Angel comes out unscathed or not."

Paige: "You doubt me?!?!?"

Rachel: "...Yes."

Angelina: Angel applauded Paige's effort, holding her apple in her teeth to free her hands.

Lorna: "Don't worry, I'll be here to guide any pointy objects away from flesh."

Paige: Paige pouted at Rachel.

Rachel: Rachel considered the pout and tried to resist. "Fine..." she relented.

Paige: "Yay!!!!" Paige hugged Lorna, who was closer.

Angelina: "It's a hair party plan!" Angel cheered, laughing at Lorna's sudden attachment.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Re: Summer 2015: Paige

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Danny: Danny rubbed his bald head as he stared into the fridge. He was confused... he had opened the door for something... but nothing was in there. Nothing he wanted.

Paige: Paige came wheeling into the kitchen and straight to the coffee pot. "Hiiiiiiiii! I'm Paige!" She announced to the strange looking bald kid with a beard.

Danny: He popped his head over the fridge door. "Oh... Hi? I'm uh... Danny." He closed the fridge and bowed to her cordially as he had been taught to when greeting a young woman for the first time.

Paige: Paige mimicked his bow right back. "Well, I guess Miss Guthrie is what you are all supposed to call me... still not used to that." She laughed a bit and poured herself a cup of coffee. "So where are you from, what can you do, how's your summer?!"

Danny: "Uhm... Well I just got back from rehab so... not great so far. But... now it's going to be pretty good." He smiled and took his beanie out of his back pocket. He put it on his head, noticing she had looked at his head.

Paige: "Ouch... well I'm glad you're all cleaned up and groovy now!" She flashed him a grin, then took a sip of her coffee. "I just got in myself. Ready for this fall semester to begin already!"

Danny: "Yeah, I'll say..." He had never seen a student so... jolted. "Can I ask what you're going to be teaching?" Hopefully not a science. I can't see her staying too focused.

Paige: "Cosmetology, fashion design, and dance. You look like you have some killer moves!" She danced a little bit for him. "You should take dance!"

Danny: He watched her twirl and couldn't help but smile. "I probably would like it, but I have a full load coming up. Trying to finish early."

Paige: "Awwwww a smarty britches. Why are you in such a hurry to finish?" She hopped up on the counter, her foot bouncing to an invisible beat.

Danny: "I don't want to be here any longer. I screwed up royally, I'm tired of being a failure. I have .... a place in this world. My family's company. I don't belong in this school like some of the other students. I don't need to teach here."

Danny: "I need to finish what I started, and that's living up to my family's name." He rubbed the beanie and squished it around on his bald head, nervously.

Danny: "I'm honestly just scared I'm going to wake up and find out I've wasted all this time, lost my chance to be a part of the family company."

Paige: "How are you a failure? What did you screw up on?" Paige tilted her head to the side a bit as she studied him. "And how would you miss out on that?"

Danny: "I uh... If you don't mind I've exhausted myself of that explanation during rehab. Maybe another time, but right now the only thing you need to know is I let myself go to a dark place, substituted my pride and my conscience for something worse. And I'm afraid I'm going to be in jail or worse. There's a family fortune waiting for me, a corporation for me to be a part of."

Paige: "Well, not knowing the situation... all I can tell you is that redemption isn't out of the question. You can always redeem yourself."

Danny: He shrugged. "I'm doing my best to make it up to those I've hurt. I'm not concerned with my image in this school to the others, but I'm worried about Jess. She's my girlfriend. I don't want her to get treated poorly for my mistakes." He chuckled.

Danny: "She'd kill me for saying that. She'd accuse me of trying to protect her. But really, I'm protecting us. I don't think that kind of pressure should be on our relationship. I want to finish school, get out, move on with my life, and I want to make a comfortable life for both her and I."

Danny: "I don't want to be an X-man anymore."

Paige: "You can still be here and not be an X-man you know. And if people blame her for what you did... then um please send them to me! Yeah! I'm a teacher! I can take care of that! Because that is about stupid to blame her for something you did... whatever it is."

Danny: He chuckled. "Thanks. I'll keep that in mind. But yes, I agree it is stupid. Hence why we're going to find our way out of this school. Or at lest I am." He silently hoped she'd be able to follow, but he couldn't plan how tied to this school she was. Especially now that he'd been gone for a month.

Paige: "Just... make sure it's what she wants first."

Danny: He nodded. "Nothing but the best for her. If she doesn't... we'll probably have a talk about how things will work after. I'm interested in giving it a try but I can't... I can't keep coming here once I'm done."

Paige: Paige concentrated on keeping her face cheerful. An ultimatum. She settled for a longer blink than normal to compose herself internally. "I see... so cake?!" She offered, going to the fridge for something to do.

Danny: He shrugged. "I'm trying vegan for awhile. No thanks."

Paige: Paige wrinkled her nose at that. "But that cuts out all the good stuff."

Danny: He laughed. "Yeah... it does. That's sort of the point. And hey, Professor Guthrie? I don't want you to get the impression that I'm off to abandon her and this is 'do-it-or-we-can't-be-together' I just... I know where I don't want to be anymore and it may sound selfish but..."

Danny: "If I can't be here, it will make me miserable. Which will make our relationship miserable. I want to make it work outside of the school. I hope it can... I don't know if I can trust that it will."

Paige: Sighing a bit, Paige smiled as she got her cake. "Relationships take a lot of work and a lot of give and take. Though obviously mine didn't work out, so I can attest first hand that they are a ton of work.. hey I used a high dollar word! Attest!" Paige giggled.

Danny: He tried not to roll his eyes. "Yup. Big word." He hopped onto the counter and pulled off the beanie. "This bald thing is... surreal. I love it."

Paige: "So keep it? Anytime you need it rebalded you can come by my classroom!"

Danny: "Really?" Cosmetology. Oh yeah! "Hey, that's great, thanks! Could you help me shape this uh... mess? Make it look worth having?" he used his hand to indicate the entire beard/goatee thing he had tried.

Paige: "Why don't you give me something hard to do?" She laughed happily. "Of course I can!"

Danny: "Alright!" He was very excited to hear this. "Fantastic! And you're teaching it, so you gotta be good at it!"

Paige: "You shouldn't doubt my ability." She winked at him. "I live for this kind of stuff!"

Danny: "Well then, you have a volunteer." He flashed a grin and hopped off. "If you don't mind though, I need to run to the market and get some food that's... well... vegan."

Paige: Paige wrinkled her nose at him again. "Sure thing! Take care!" She waved a bit, finishing off her coffee.
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

Post by Svartfreja »

Jessica: Jess was taking a walk around the grounds because she figured she'd miss having the freedom to do what she wanted while she was in Japan at this temple place with Danny. She'd been in the greenhouses and checked out everything in there and now she was in the outdoor gardens. There were lots of roses. They were nice to look at and reminded her of her childhood.

Paige: Paige was just taking a stroll through the gardens as well, putting on a smile as soon as she saw the student. "Hiiiiii!"

Jessica: Jess gave a start of surprise and turned to look who was greeting her. The voice was familiar but she didn't know the face. "Uh... hello..."

Paige: "I'm Pa-Miss Guthrie! You like the gardens? Aren't they pretty?! I like to spend time outdoors."

Jessica: She blinked a little. Wow she talked fast. "Um... yes... they're very nice... I'm Jessica..."

Paige: "Jessica like Danny's Jessica? Or is there another Jessica?"

Jessica: "As far as I know there's only one of me... and if by 'Danny's' you're asking if I'm dating him then yes...." she nodded.

Paige: "I met Danny. He seems nice. And good to meet you! And no I didn't mean to show possession because you aren't a possession you're a person, but yeah it helps keep people straight!"

Jessica: "Oh... okay... nice to meet you too?" She chewed her lip and shifted awkwardly.

Paige: "So where are you from, what can you do, want a gummy bear?" She offered to share the bag with Jess.

Jessica: Jess shook her head at the offer of sweets, "I'm from... a lot of places... but I was born in London..." she looked around, "My powers are hard to explain..."

Paige: "Why are they hard to explain?" Paige munched on a bear.

Jessica: "It's just better if I can demonstrate... and I try to keep one of them quiet but you're a teacher so you probably have to know...."

Paige: "Oooo demonstration!" Paige clapped her hands a bit. "Yay!"

Jessica: "Well I can fly... that one's easy enough..." she lifted into the air a little. "And I can stick to things... like the other spider person here..."

Paige: "Ohhhh bravo!" Paige applauded her. "Very cool!"

Jessica: "I have stupidly good hearing," she landed, "And this..." she charged a venom blast in her hand and held it up. "It's bio electricity so don't touch it..."

Paige: "Ohhhh!" Paige tried to keep her voice down just a bit. "It's so pretty though..."

Jessica: "Yeah but it hurts like hell... I got myself with it once years ago. Oh my God."

Paige: "Ouch! No fun to not be immune to your own power." Paige laughed a bit.

Jessica: "It really isn't... but I think my powers were just given to me to be a major pain in the ass anyway... the enhanced hearing is not fun either and then there's the other thing..."

Paige: "I imagine it would be a pain... especially with excitable people. What is the other thing?"

Jessica: "I can release two kinds of pheromone... One kind makes people terrified of me... and the other makes people attracted to me..."

Paige: "Well that could be handy... but suuuuuper awkward!"

Jessica: "Yeah... I don't have a lot of control over it... and I'm worried if people knew they'd think I was manipulating them and I don't have a lot of friends as it is..."

Paige: "Well... you should make more friends! Everyone here has a power they couldn't control at one point. You'll get the hang of it."

Jessica: "But I won't though... it's a natural thing my body does... sometimes I don't even realise it until it's too late... I can actively use it too but it's the not using it when I don't mean to that's the problem... I freaked out when Danny said he liked me because I thought I'd accidentally used them on him but we tested it and it's okay... that's actually real..."

Paige: Paige wasn't quite sure what to say to that. "Who says you won't get control over it?"

Jessica: "I do. I've been trying for years... I can't tell when I'm doing it sometimes... it's like a defence mechanism... I do it when I'm anxious or frightened or angry and I can't stop it from happening..."

Paige: What was it with this pessimistic couple anyway? "Well, at least it's not your only power right?!"

Jessica: "Yeah there's that..." she nodded, lifting a hand to run her fingers through her hair before thinking better of it. "I just have to be extra careful and there are some people I should probably just not ever be around on my own..." she frowned a little. "Oh yeah there's another power that I forgot about... I don't like it so I try to pretend that isn't there a lot..."

Paige: "Which is....?"

Jessica: "I'm immune to any and all drugs and toxins," she sighed. "Can't even get drunk."

Paige: "But that's kind of awesome! Why would you want to forget about that?"

Jessica: "Because it's not as awesome as it sounds. You have an operation when you're wide awake and can feel everything and then tell me it's great." She lifted her top to show the scar on her side.

Paige: "Ouch! But they have patches to block your powers now!"

Jessica: "I know... but I spoke to Doctor Summers about it and he said it could make my powers come back stronger... and I don't want it to be even worse with my pheromones..."

Paige: "Well that's only temporary... and better than an operation awake!"

Jessica: "Yeah... honestly I'd rather just avoid the need for any more operations."

Paige: "Well of course there's that. But I'm just saying... ouchie!!"

Jessica: "Mmhmm, it hurts... I passed out somewhere in the middle so it's not all bad..."

Paige: Paige couldn't stop herself from hugging Jess. "I'm so sorry."

Jessica: Jess blinked at the sudden hug and wasn't sure what to do with that. Was it okay to return a hug from a teacher? "It's fine..."

Paige: Paige released her with a smile. "Well good. So are you into hair, nails, makeup anything girly?"

Jessica: "Um... I don't think so? I've not really... I don't have a lot of female friends... this is kind of all new to me... the friends thing..."

Paige: "You should come try cosmetology. You have gorgeous hair. I can show you some neat things to do with it."

Jessica: "I, um... I don't know... I kind of just... I don't do a lot with it..."

Paige: Paige just stared at her, waiting for her to make the connection.

Jessica: She chewed her lip, "Did you mean... right now?"

Paige: "Not right now, but definitely this fall. Though I'm always open to play beauty shop for events... like dates and such."

Jessica: "Oh... um... we don't really... we haven't had a lot of time..." she wasn't especially comfortable with this topic.

Paige: "You don't really go on dates? Awwww maybe you will now that he's back!"

Jessica: "I don't know... I don't understand the point..." she gave a shrug.

Paige: "In dates?! There's all kinds of point in dates!"

Jessica: "Like what?" she cocked her head on one side. Maybe she could actually learn something useful.

Paige: "The point is to go do something fun with the person you like. I mean, sitting around, talking, watching movies, that's all great... but half the adventure of life is outside. So going places... doing things..."

Jessica: "I've never really... I haven't had a lot of experience with outside... I was kind of sheltered.... so all I know is inside fun...."

Paige: "Sounds like all the more reason to leave the mansion every now and then... or just use the danger room."

Jessica: "I thought the danger room was just for training?"

Paige: "Mostly... but you can always take it out for fun things!"

Jessica: "I didn't know that..." she ran a hand through her hair, "But even so... it'd just be awkward... I've never done that stuff and neither has he... it's scary..."

Paige: "Avoiding something because you're scared of it, doesn't help you in the long run. It just feeds the fear and keeps you trapped where you are. Never allows you to grow."

Jessica: "But why should we both suffer just to fulfill some social convention? We don't need to do it..."

Paige: "You could argue that everything we do is a social convention built on tradition and culture. Everything we do falls under one convention or another. And being able to function in that society is a pretty big deal."

Jessica: "I don't know how..." she looked down at the ground, "There weren't tutors for that."

Paige: "Because nobody thinks of things like this!" Paige was exasperated. People who didn't see the point of functioning outside the mansion? "I mean, you can't stay holed up here your whole life. Or anywhere. Trust me... there's only so much Oprah you can take!"

Jessica: "I don't know what that is..." she chewed her lip, "I grew up confined to the house... you can't miss what you've never had..."

Paige: "Ok... when Lorna and I go shopping... you might need to come with us. Because this saddens me greatly!"

Jessica: "Maybe... when I come back from Japan.... we're going soon..."

Paige: "Ooo Japan!"

Jessica: "Yeah... he wants to visit where he grew up... so I said I'd go with him..."

Paige: "That sounds like a neat trip! It's cool to see where people grew up."

Jessica: She gave a shrug, "I suppose so..."

Paige: "You aren't excited to go?" Paige munched on another gummy bear.

Jessica: "I've been to Japan before..." she rubbed a hand over where the scar was distractedly. "He grew up in a temple... he said the village is small and quiet and that I probably wouldn't be allowed that far into the grounds themselves so.... I don't know... it's hard to be excited... but I think it'll be nice and relaxing..."

Paige: "Why wouldn't you be allowed onto the grounds? That sounds odd."

Jessica: "Not really... it's a distraction to have a woman around when they're training and meditating..." she gave a shrug.

Paige: Paige snickered at that. "You're just too pretty for them!"

Jessica: She laughed a little, "Could be." She ran a hand through her hair and glanced back to the school. "But we'll see when I get there... I'm sure I can find some way to occupy myself."

Paige: "I'm sure you will." She smiled at her. "You seem clever enough."

Jessica: "I've always been told I'm bright. I guess we'll find out if that's true or not when I join regular classes."

Paige: "You are still welcome to try any of mine. They are more... hands on. Less academic."

Jessica: "Well I'll see how it goes... I've been choosing classes based around my work schedule but I'll probably have to have a proper sit and think about it before next semester starts...."

Paige: "Well, if you have the time. You're more than welcome." Paige smiled at her.

Jessica: She smiled back, "Thanks... I'll think about it..."

Paige: "All I can ask! Well, enjoy the rest of your walk!"

Jessica: "Thanks... I'll try..." she gave a small wave and turned to carry on.

Paige: Paige hummed happily to herself as she went about her merry way.
:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Hmm... But what now?
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

Post by Ferguson »

<@Paige> "Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee!" Paige spun in her co pilot's chair, laughing merrily. "I should have come back yeeeeeeeeears ago! This is an awesome seat!" They were flying out to Washington on Paige's very first recruitment mission. She was unable to contain her excitement as thus.

<Lorna> "Yeah, and some time we'll teach you how to fly in it." Lorna joked. Of course, she only know the rudiments of the whole thing as any time she was behind the pilot's seat she was cheating terribly. "I take it you've settled back in then? Got your classroom ready and everything?"

<@Paige> "Well... procrastinating on that. Still waiting on some things to come in, but Xavier said they should be in soon. Something about being patient..." Paige trailed off looking out at the world below. "But seriously?! Me fly!? Cooool!!!"

<Lorna> "Why not? It's a brave new world." Lorna chuckled, sitting back in her own seat. "We should be there soon, yeah?" She nodded over to the little screen where their estimated time of arrival was.

<@Paige> "Shouldn't be much longer it looks like." Paige tapped the screen just a bit, then pulled out a bag of jelly beans to munch on. "Jelly bean?"

<Lorna> Lorna noded, taking a few of the offered jelly beans. "Thanks, so, how are you anyway? I mean, considering all of the Eve stuff?"

<@Paige> "Kind of in limbo I guess... I filed paperwork and nothing." Though she could have killed him... she doubted that. "How about with you?" Paige popped another jelly bean into her mouth.

<Lorna> "I filed too, going to try to send a letter through with Darren, though my lawyer's fast enough the paperwork will probably beat it. Had to have some of it changed on my way back, 'Petitioner is now pregnant' and all that."

<@Paige> "Yeah I'd... WHAT?!" Paige looked over at her quickly.

<Lorna> "Yeah, so this means you'll buy cute pink things for the baby instead of for me, right?" Lorna smirked over teasingly. "It's my Get Out Of Pink Free Card, yeah?"

<@Paige> "Unless you have a boy.... wait... who... um...." She actually blushed a bit, afraid to ask.

<Lorna> "Hey, boys can have cute pink things, too. Though, boy or girl, you know my kid's going to have an epic collection of the cooler variety of toys." She arched her eyebrow over at Paige as she seemed to not be able to say something.

<@Paige> "Is it... Bobby's?" She finally blurted out.

<Lorna> Lorna gave Paige a funny look, eyes scrunched up as she wondered why anyone would actually really ask that. "Well, if it isn't maybe we'd better fly to Bethlehem and find ourselves a manger because I don't know who else it'd be."

<@Paige> Paige gave her a relieved laugh. "I just had to ask... I don't know how long he's been gone. You could have some smoking hot boyfriend on the side by now! If so, does he have a brother?"

<Lorna> "The last person I dated aside from Bobby was that one asshole with the van...god, what was his name, Terry's cousin. I think this time I'll at least not start that fast so I can do a little bit better than that."

<Lorna> "Ahha, looks like it's time to land." Lorna smiled as she saw their pick-up point ahead, finding a place to set the jet down.

<@Paige> "I wasn't kidding about the brother part..." Paige reminded her as she watched Lorna land the plane.

<Lorna> "I promise, if I date and he has a brother I'll see about it." She laughed, standing up and opening the hatch. "Shall we then?"

<@Paige> "Excellent! Thanks!" Paige was up on her feet in no time. "I'm ready!" She put on her serious professor face, then laughed. She couldn't hold the look.

<Ruth> Ruth was settling into being behind her favorite counter. It had taken her a while to memorize the location of everything, and to get her bearings, but she had finally figured it out. And once she had, she had customers coming back--ones who stopped mentioning the sunglasses.

<Ruth> Her regulars, well, they payed nicely. Especially since she always had their drinks ready before they sat down. She just knew what they wanted.

<Ruth> She got the jack and coke ready for Stanley. He was her number one regular. He was always there right after she started her shift. He'd be there any minute, and she'd have his drink. Like always

<Lorna> "...Paige, I can't drink, this is wrong." Lorna whined under her breath as they came into the bar, having a look around to see if she could spot who it was they had been sent out to find. "Xavier said she worked here, right? Well, unless she's in the back she's not obvious. I guess we'll just have to ask around."

<@Paige> Paige wrinkled her nose and patted Lorna. "It'll be alright. I won't drink either. Hows that?" She smiled at her friend. "What was her name again?"

<Lorna> "Ruth Aldine." Lorna answered, moving towards the bar. After all, that was the best place to ask about things in a bar. "And you can if you like."

<Ruth> Ruth heard footsteps and unfamiliar voices entering her space. She sighed. She hated getting used to new patrons, thank you!

<@Paige> "Nah, but I might have a cherry coke! Those are just awesome in bars." Paige grinned at her friend.

<Lorna> Lorna leaned against the bar, waiting for their turn in the pecking order. "Cherry cokes are different in bars? Are you sure someone's not been spiking your drinks?"

<@Paige> "Well, it's fresh syrup... much better than the canned crap."

<Ruth> Ruth slowly approached the newcomers and adjusted her ray-bans. "Pardon me, uh..ladies, what can I get for you this fine evening?"

<Lorna> "Well, apparently cherry cokes are something that is a thing and I wasn't aware of it all this time. Also, do you have a Ruth Aldine here, by any chance?"

<Ruth> Ruth reached down for two station glasses. As she scooped ice into the cups, she casually said, "I'm Ruth. What's it to you?" She filled the glasses with coke, put three cherries in each, and slid them across the table.

<@Paige> "Cherries!" Paige was sidetracked by picking one out of her drink to eat it.

<Lorna> Now that was lucky. It always paid to ask. "My cherry obsessed friend here is Paige and I'm Lorna. We're here to talk about a university with you. I understand you are a mutant, yes?"

<Ruth> "A uh, what? I'm just Ruth Aldine. Res born and raised. Bartender. Going to University of Washington...I don't understand what you are talking about. Thanks though. Let me know if you want another." Ruth frowned. "Although," she said pointing to Lorna, "something tells me I better just bring you water or at least diet coke next time."

<@Paige> "Hmmm why would you think she would need water instead of another coke?" This poor girl didn't even know she was a mutant!

<Ruth> "Oh no!" Ruth thought. Racking her brain for a explanation... "Look, it's just a feeling I have. No big deal. I, uh, have other customers, alcoholic customers who need their fix." Ruth started to the other end of the bar where yet another regular sat down. This time, it was a vodka soda she had to fix.

<Lorna> "Thanks, but it'll be fine with the caffeine." She smirked, wondering if they had a telepath or something else entirely. "Those studies aren't exactly conclusive and they only said to cut back in any case, our medical staff at the school will certainly be keeping an eye."

<Lorna> "Mutants can be born anywhere, I don't think the reservation is really going to factor in one way or the other on that." She was off though, getting another drink. "Bit of a flighty one, hm?"

<@Paige> "That wasn't my fault right?" Paige looked to Lorna.

<Lorna> "You haven't even said anything yet, unless the girl really doesn't trust Texans obsessed with cherries."

<@Paige> "Heee!! Cherries are awesome." Paige took a sip of it. "But... well.. she'll be back... and we can explain that it's her mutation that lets her know things."

<Ruth> Ruth was mixing drink for her regular customers, but was preoccupied. She had a customer actually ask her to fix their drink. Something about vodka not being rum, blah blah blah. She calmed her self, and decided to go back down to Paige and Lorna.

<@Paige> Paige pounced as soon as Ruth was close enough. "You already know I want another drink don't you?" She smiled sweetly. "Because you always know things about people don't you?"

<Ruth> Ruth stared a Paige for a second, and leaned down to grab a shot glass. She loaded it with cherries. "You don't want the coke do you? Just the cherries right? I could be wrong. I don't know you, but it's uh just a feeling. Maybe I should just make you another drink with 4 cherries to give you what you really want." As an afterthought, she sat a glass of water in front of Lorna. "Pardon me, but I think you really should have this instead."

<Lorna> Okay, that was a little bit annoying actually but Lorna let it stand. "So, as we were saying, when did you first start getting your feelings? Is it telepathically based, intuition, or something else entirely?"

<Ruth> Ruth hung her head and sighed. "I was about 4. At least that's when I first remember knowing things before they happened. I guess you could say some are telepathic and some are precognitive. I'm not sure. I just know, that the better I know someone of the place, the better at it I am. I don't have a lot of experience around other people beside my parents and drunks. I stayed at home alot."

<Ruth> Ruth's hands flew to her sunglasses. "I'm different, okay, but I am not special. I don't know what you want from me, but I'm okay here, slinging drinks for the drunks."

<Lorna> "If that's true then why are you going to go onto university?" She smiled, relaxing against the bar. "We're just here to offer you a place, Ruth. It's nothing to get nervous about."

<Lorna> "Our school is a place for people like us, where you can learn to control what you can do and strenghthen it along with whatever else you want to learn...us for example, they've sent half the arts department to pick you up today."

<@Paige> Paige smiled again. "Yep! A lot of us don't understand our abilities at first. That's what the school is for. It is a place for us to learn and be awesome. And you were right. I just want the cherries." She popped one into her mouth.

<Ruth> Ruth took a second to compose herself, and to ignore the nagging feeling that there was about to be empty cups from the couple a few seats down. "How did you find me?"

<Lorna> "An old bald telepathic man's magic computer." Lorna deadpanned although, really, that was the answer. "He keeps 'an eye' open for mutants around the right age for us to pull. He doesn't find everyone by any means but you'll still have a pretty good class."

<Ruth> Ruth smirked. "Really, you expect me to believe that some old dude's magic computer just 'found' me. What do you really want from me? Help with the black jack table? Just tell me the truth, and I'll consider your offer."

<@Paige> "That is the truth. We were both students at the University before we became teachers. If you can see things about people, why is it so hard to imagine that his abilities could be amplified enough to find people like us?"

<Lorna> "Seriously, he named it Cerebro. Don't worry though, he stays out of people's heads, just looks enough to find mutants." Lorna laughed. "I trust you've seen enough news to know the X-men?"

<Ruth> "I've heard some buzz about the X-men from my, uh clients." Ruth stammered. "Aren't they the odd uh," she paused looking for a better word, "people who save the world?"

<Lorna> "They operate from the school, although, of course, participation in that is not mandatory. We are first and foremost a school...a free to attend school."

<@Paige> "But we also save the world." Paige nodded seriously, eating another cherry.

<Ruth> Ruth looked at Lorna, at least she hoped she was 'looking' at Lorna. "Free, huh? Would I get like a real education, or is it like a superhero education. What would I get, a degree in telepathics or a degree in... uh psychology for instance?"

<@Paige> "Oh no. You're degree would be in whatever you want to study. Physics... mixology... cosmetology... the other part is just for you."

<Ruth> Before she could respond to Paige, the bartender who came to cover the next shift tapped her on the shoulder to alert her that her shift behind the bar. "Would it be her last?" She thought.

<Ruth> "Tell you what, I have to close out because my shift is over, but there is a bathroom just outside the bar on the left. Meet me in there. I want to show you something. It may be a deal breaker."

<Lorna> "We'll be there." Lorna answered, though she looked a bit curiously to Paige. Oh, if only this girl knew the things that all ready weren't a deal breaker.

<@Paige> Paige nodded her agreement and finished her coke. "We'll see you there!"

<Ruth> Ruth took her till to the office for someone to count, and took her tips from the jars. She'd take them to the bank later, but they felt lighter than usual. She knew it was because of these two women that had approached her. She'd see how they'd react. She pushed open the door to the bathroom clutching her designer bag. "Paige, Lorna are you in here?"

<Lorna> "I can't believe we're going to the bathroom together all ready, I feel as if I've known you forever now." Lorna answered back, grinning. "Yes, we're here. So what do you have to show us?"

<Ruth> Ruth tensed up a bit. Snarky was not what she needed in this moment. Only 3 other people had seen this, her parents and the healer on the reservation. "Will you please check the stalls, and make sure no one is in here?"

<@Paige> "Already did before you came in." Paige bounced a bit from foot to foot. What was the big secret!?

<Ruth> Ruth took a deep breathe in, and removed her sunglasses. Where eyes should be there was skin. Smooth skin where eyes should be but not even a hint that there had ever been any. "I'm blind." She said simply. She hoped that the trust she had put into these two women was not misguided; she felt like she could trust them. That was the only reason she took of the glasses.

<Lorna> Lorna just shrugged. "You're not the first blind student we've had...although I guess Michael doesn't really count anymore. Is that what you were worried about then? You don't have to, we can accomodate pretty easy. I mean, it might take you a while to learn your way around the place but you can do that over the summer if you like."

<@Paige> "You also are not the only one with a physical mutation, so you shouldn't feel self conscious about it. We're all very accepting of one another." She wasn't sure if mentioning Bunny Jack was a good idea or not.

<Ruth> "So the fact that I don't have eyes, and never have had any eyes doesn't bother you?" Ruth figured this was all a joke. "When would I be able to go? It generally takes me a long time to get used to a new place."

<Lorna> "You're not even the most visible mutant in this room once you put your shades back on. We've got the jet waiting for whenever you're ready. If you need some time, Paige and I'll just putz about the area, if not we're good whenever you're good."

<Ruth> Ruth was silent, took a deep breathe and replied, "I just need to get my clothes. And say goodbye to my parents. They'll understand... I think." Laughing to herself, Ruth added, "You might want to get some airsickness bags. I've never flown before."

<@Paige> "We'll make sure the plane is stashed with them." Paige laughed a little. "So pick you up in say... an hour?"

<Ruth> "Sounds good. Do you need the address, or did the creepy old guy give you that too?"

<@Paige> "We've got it." Paige giggled. "Creepy old bald man is helpful at times. See you in an hour!"
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

Yay Blindfold!
Might want to change the RP rules now that we got a precog.
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

Rachel: Phone still to her ear, Rachel glanced up and down the sidewalk as she lied about the fact that she was actually listening to what her husband was saying, but Paige was likely to turn up soon.

Paige: Paige was just pulling up, waving at Rachel as she parked the school van. She hopped out as soon as the car was off, moving to Rachel.

Rachel: Wrapping up the conversation, Rachel pocketed the phone and gave Paige a wave in return, managing a tight smile. She was attempting to hide her nerves, but she wasn't exactly sure how well she was doing.

Paige: "Everything ok?" Paige gave her a somewhat worried look.

Rachel: "Yeah, fine," she nodded, raking a hand through her hair. Rachel gave a nod to her building and started toward the door, "Just need to pick some stuff up."

Paige: "Sure thing. I brought the van just in case. This thing could possibly hold the entire school so it should be plenty big."

Rachel: "Yeah, I debated it myself, but... I didn't want to drive it," she made a slight face as she moved to press the button for the elevator. Right. Everything was fine so far. This was all good.

Paige: Paige laughed and patted Rachel a bit. "Well, it does smell funky."

Rachel: "Does it? I've managed to avoid the van since I've been back," Rachel managed a grin.

Paige: "I don't blame you for avoiding it... and I don't know what it smells like, but it smells funky that's for sure." Paige laughed at her.

Rachel: She stepped into the elevator once the doors had opened and pressed the button for her floor, leaning back against the wall, "Thanks for coming, by the way."

Paige: "Hey I wouldn't want to come alone either." She assured her. "It's no problem."

Rachel: She eyed the screen as the numbers increased and shook her head, "I haven't really been back since I woke up..."

Paige: "Why not?"

Rachel: "Had to be cleared to leave the medlab at first," Rachel shrugged as she straightened, waiting for the elevator doors to open back up, "Past that... I just... I don't really feel comfortable... I mean, Exodus teleports. Nothing to stop him from getting in again."

Paige: "Nothing to stop him from getting you at school either though, Rach." Paige sighed a bit. She wanted to tell Rachel about Eve and how paranoid he had been. And how he had been right about that part. But she couldn't. She pushed it back.

Rachel: "Yeah, but if I destroy an entire section of the school, there'll be someone coming to help," she reasoned, digging in her pockets for her key.

Paige: "Well, true. I pity the fool who takes us on head on."

Rachel: Rachel nodded and took a deep breath before pushing the door open, hesitantly stepping inside and taking a glance around. There was definitely a lack of furniture and a few other things, but it'd been cleaned up... Hardly surprising, she supposed. Josh kept things neat. It was her that caused most messes.

Paige: Paige peeked in, oooooing in Rachel's ear.

Rachel: The ooooing definitely did distract her, and she shot the other girl a puzzled look, "What?"

Paige: "It's super nice." Paige smiled at her.

Rachel: "Oh... Thanks," she gave a small smile in return, actually moving through the doorway and into the place. She waited for Paige before closing the door behind them, sighing. This still wasn't so bad, right?

Paige: Paige stepped on in, taking a look around. She was slightly jealous.

Rachel: Rachel moved through the living room and paused as she caught sight of the knife in the wall. Obviously someone hadn't been able to pull that out. Hardly surprising with the force she'd sent it with. She slipped into the kitchen, grabbed the handle, and gave it a pull. Yeah, definitely not going to be able to pull it out.

Paige: Paige's eyes followed Rachel and stayed on her and the knife. "Maybe the mansion is a better idea."

Rachel: "That's my handiwork..." she admitted, using her telekinesis to pull it out and placing it in the sink.

Paige: "Yes but... that you had to do that..."

Rachel: "Well, I didn't have to... and probably shouldn't have..." she moved back out to the main room, taking another glance around before starting down the hall toward the bedroom, "Seemed like a pretty sweet idea at the time though."

Paige: Paige sank down into one of the chairs. "Will none of us ever be completely safe?"

Rachel: "Apparently not," Rachel sighed as she dug through a closet for a bag, "And I'd just been saying that we don't live at school for that reason... Now it's not looking so bad..."

Paige: "Yeah... we fell off the grid... that's about the only way to do it. Completely off the grid."

Rachel: "We still kept in touch with some people... like Bobby and Rogue... and I tattooed some people from the school..." she shrugged, glancing over to Paige as she dumped her bag on the floor. Now she had to make decisions on what to bring. "How'd you manage that exactly?"

Paige: "We lived out in the middle of nowhere. No phones. He'd go into town once every week or less to get groceries and supplies... but it was awful."

Rachel: Rachel made a face, "That sounds pretty awful. I'm assuming that's why you wanted to come back then?"

Paige: "I had a really bad day one day and realized I couldn't even tell Lorna about it. That was kind of my wakeup call."

Rachel: "Ah... So...?" she trailed off, not exactly sure what she'd been going to ask from there.

Paige: "So your things?" Paige tried to be helpful.

Rachel: "Oh, right," Rachel nodded, looking between the closet and Paige. She managed a small grin, switching to a subject she knew Paige would latch onto, "How am I ever going to decide what shoes to bring?"

Paige: "Because you bring them all!!!!" Paige was up and on her feet at once.

Rachel: She laughed and shook her head, "I'm going to need, like... find another bag or so then..."

Paige: "I can help with that!" Paige went browsing to find a suitable shoe moving device.

Rachel: "After shoes, we can move onto clothes, I guess..." Those would also be all sorts of fun to go through. She sighed, "I totally need to cut back on both."

Paige: "What?! No you do not! You just need more place to put them all."

Rachel: Rachel looked around her room, "I dunno... It's pretty bad if everything won't fit in here..."

Paige: "Well... fair point." Paige laughed at her. "But that's always my solution. A bigger closet!"

Rachel: "It sounds like the best one to me," she snickered as she started pulling some shoes out.

Paige: "I can't think of anything better than a giant closet!" Paige giggled happily. She started helping Rachel pack up her clothes.

Rachel: "Y'know... We have yet to go on that shopping trip..." she pointed out as she started putting shoes in her bag.

Paige: "Of course we do! We have lots of shopping to do. I need a whole new wardrobe!"

Rachel: "Well, I guess becoming a teacher gives you an excuse to get one," Rachel grinned.

Paige: "Absolutely it does! I can't think of a better excuse to get all new clothes and shoes! Can you?"

Rachel: She paused to actually think, eventually shaking her head, "Nope, don't think I can."

Paige: "Best idea ever, Rachie!" Paige put the last of the shoes into a bag.

Rachel: "I'm known to have some good ideas every once in a while."

Paige: "Like what?" Paige got started on another section of the closet.

Rachel: Rachel blinked at the question and paused to think about it, "Um, I haven't been conscious to have any recently? Besides the shopping one?"

Paige: "Ha! We'll just have to fix that! You are bound to have some more brilliant ideas in your head."

Rachel: "I'd hope so," she laughed before continuing on the packing. "I figure I can at least grab the clothes and deal with the rest of our stuff later, so we don't have to spend a ton of time here."

Paige: "I understand that... want to get out of here quickly." She reasoned. She couldn't imagine someone actually taking her from her home. Just the thought was terrifying.

Rachel: "Yeah..." Rachel nodded as she zipped up her bag, "Plus, I want to leave something for Josh to do because I don't want to do all the work."

Paige: "How does he feel about moving back to school?"

Rachel: "He's not extremely thrilled, I don't think..." she sighed, "He's never been big on the whole X-men thing."

Paige: "He does realize he doesn't have to be an x-man right?"

Rachel: "Well, yeah. It's me being one he has issues with. Well, he did," Rachel shrugged, "He gets the reasoning for why and all that, but it's still dangerous, y'know?"

Paige: "Being a mutant is dangerous. Period. Doesn't really matter where you are."

Rachel: "No shit, and he's far more obvious than I am."

Paige: "So he's just being a man and overly sensitive?"

Rachel: "Basically."

Paige: "Silly men." Paige gave Rachel a smile.

Rachel: Rachel returned the smile, finishing up with her closet, "So, now that I have clothes... We can go back to the van and go buy your wardrobe?"

Paige: "...YES! I am all for this plan!" Paige was already back on her feet.

Rachel: "Then what are we waiting for?" Rachel asked as she hauled up some of the bags, starting back toward the front door.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

<Bobby> "Thank you, sir. I'll see you later." Bobby closed the door of Xavier's office and blew out the breath he'd been holding. One down... a million to go. He hitched the strap of his duffle bag higher onto his shoulder and looked around the hall. Empty.

<Bobby> That was a good thing in his book, because he wasn't quite ready for the torrent of explanations and apologies he knew he'd be delivering. Boathouse first. He needed his phone, his keys, his wallet – hell, his own clothes, since all he had were BDUs like the ones he wore -- and that's where they'd be. Hopefully. And where Lorna might be.

<Bobby> He pulled his Army-issued cap lower over his eyes and started down the hall quickly.

<Paige> Paige was coming down the hallway and shrieked when she saw a uniformed soldier. They were here to get her! She panicked and took off her shoe, throwing it at the dude's head. That'd show him!

<Bobby> Bobby turned a corner and looked down at his feet, planning to avoid whoever this was, until he heard a scuffle, looked up and ducked. The shoe clipped his shoulder as he ducked. "Hey, what the fuck?! I didn't escape!"

<Paige> "You'll never take me alive!" Paige threw her other shoe at him.

<Bobby> "What?! I don't want to take you anywhere!" The crazy blonde was winging her other shoe at him now and he caught it, dropping his bag and backing up.

<Paige> Paige blinked at him. "You aren't here to take us all in?" Why was he here then? Were they already under occupation? House arrest?!

<Bobby> Bobby got a good look at her face then and his mouth dropped open. Oh, this was a dream. It had to be. He was dreaming, and Fury hadn't really released him. He was in his cell. He was... losing his mind.

<Bobby> "Paige?" He tilted his head, looking from the shoe in his hand to the blonde again.

<Paige> Paige stared at the man again. "How do you... know... my...." She got a better look at him, stepping closer. "....Bobberz?"

<Bobby> His eyebrows shot up and he nodded. "Last I checked?"

<Paige> "Bobberz!" Paige quickly closed the distance to tackle him with a hug.

<Bobby> "Oof!" She sure felt real... and as strong as he remembered. "Paige?!" He stood awkwardly still, debating his sanity. "You're... real... right?"

<Paige> Paige laughed at him. "Of course I'm real! I'm alive! Are you sure you are real?" She eyed him a bit. He was supposed to be in prison.

<Bobby> Bobby's eyes wandered to the side as he considered it. This was real. His face lit up with a grin and he grabbed her in a hug of his own, picking her up and giving her a spin around the hall. "Paigey!"

<Paige> It was Paige's turn to go, "Oof!" She laughed happily and held onto him. "Bobberz!"

<Bobby> "Holy shit! What're you doing here?" He set her back on her feet, handing her back her shoe and looking around for her other one.

<Paige> "Long story, but I'm going to be a teacher this fall... wait!? Are you on the lamb!? Do I need to hide you from the authorities?! I will whack them with my shoe!!!" She promised as she slid it back on.

<Bobby> "Wow, so you're back-back!?" Finding her other shoe, he handed it over and laughed. "Nope, I'm legal. Promise." Bobby straightened up and looked her over. Still Paige. It was ... beyond awesome to see her. And weird. "You're probably the only one who would."

<Paige> "I'm baaaaaaack!" She giggled as she put her shoe back on. "And yaaaaaaaaay! I'm so glad you're back! Oh yeah... something about a hit squad, but meh. You're back!" She hugged him again.

<Bobby> Bobby winced and returned the hug. "Well I'm not on a hit squad now," he said, wincing again. Not exactly. "SHIELD cut me loose this morning... with nothing but the clothes on my back, but hey!" He gave her another spin.

<Paige> "Oooo nice outfit! I'm glad to know you aren't on a hit squad anymore. Though that's really all I know... Lorna and I have a kind of... unspoken rule. We don't talk about you or Eve." How was Lorna going to take him being back? Would she be glad?

<Bobby> "So I guess that means Eve isn't back too, huh?" Bobby set her down again, trying to not think about the L-word either.

<Paige> Paige gave him a bit of an uneasy smile. "No. And while I'm here, he can't."

<Bobby> Bobby knew enough to take that hint. "Oookay. Well, you're the better half anyway." He put on his best grin.

<Paige> Paige put on a genuine grin for him at that. "I am, aren't I?! How have you been!? Aside from the crap."

<Bobby> "Oh... you know... got recruited for a super hero team! I mean, another one... not the X-Men, 'cause... hit squad... but yeah!" Bobby took off his hat and ran his hand through his hair. "Crap has pretty much been it."

<Bobby> "How about you? Aside from crap?"

<Paige> "Get to teach and get on with my life... but crap pretty much sums up before that."

<Bobby> "Well, we can be crap buddies then, yeah?" Bobby snorted, picking his bag back up from the floor.

<Paige> "Absolutely! It takes teamwork to put the crap behind you sometimes. It's not something you should have to do alone. Need some help?"

<Bobby> "I'm sure I will after I talk to Lorna." Now that he was really here, he didn't really know what to say to her. "Have you, uh, seen her today?"

<Paige> Paige tucked a bit of her hair behind her ear. "Not today, but she shouldn't be far. But my room is over in the teacher wing for our crapsational meetings. You can't miss it. It's full of pink!"

<Bobby> "Ha! Yeah, I remember the pink..." Bobby nodded and leaned over to give her another half-hug. "Wish me luck then?"

<Paige> "I wish you all the luck!" Paige hugged him back and saluted him with her free hand.

<Bobby> "Thanks," he returned the salute. "I'm gonna need it."

<Paige> Paige nodded and headed off to her room to clean it. He was certainly going to need luck... and possibly her couch.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Slarti »

<Bobby> Paige's room wasn't hard to find at all, considering her name was on the door. In pink, puffy, glittery letters. Bobby had to smirk at it as he again shifted his bag and slipped his phone into a pocket.

<Bobby> He knocked, shave-and-a-haircut, hoping she was home. He could use some cheering up after getting off the phone with his parents. And after Lorna.

<Paige> Paige bounced to the door and opened it, slightly worried to see him standing there with a bag. "Bobberz!" She hugged him happily anyway.

<Bobby> Bobby happily returned the hug. It was nice someone didn't think he was a psycho. "Paigey!"

<Paige> "So come on in!" She left the hug to make room for him to enter her beautifully decorated room.

<Bobby> "Thanks!" Bobby followed her and then stopped. It was... pink. So very, very pink. "Wow."

<Paige> "It's so great to finally get to decorate however I want." She grinned and went to grab some candy from her stash. "Want some candy?"

<Bobby> "You have to ask?" Bobby smiled, still looking around the room, which really was more of a small apartment, just like the one he and Lorna had shared when they were first married. The smile faded and he turned to her. "Can I borrow your bathroom?"

<Paige> "Of course." She gestured toward it, going for gummy worms and hopping onto her bed.

<Bobby> He went in and rummaged around in his bag -- the one from Pietro's, which held his clothes -- and quickly changed out of the SHIELD uniform. Wallet, keys and phone fit perfectly back into his jeans and he looked in the mirror. He was finally himself again.

<Bobby> Coming back out, he shrugged and sat next to her on the edge of the bed, dropping his bag at his feet. "Oooo, gummies!"

<Paige> "I have more! Probably whatever you want." She tossed a gummy at his head.

<Bobby> "Gummies are awesome." He didn't catch it before it bounced off his nose and down the front of his Batman shirt. Bobby fished it from his lap and bit it in half. "Fuck yeah. Sugar." He rolled his eyes back in not-so-mock ecstacy.

<Paige> Paige paused at the shirt. Batman. Eve had love comic books, and Superman had been her nickname for him. She shoved two gummy worms into her mouth and went for more. They needed bears... and fish. She tossed them both onto the bed.

<Bobby> "I totally craved this kind of shit." He finished off the worm. "Probably better for me to not eat so much crap, but I missed my caffeine and sugar." Bobby went for a fish. "So... saw Lorna."

<Paige> Paige winced at that announcement. "I take it by the fact that you're here that it didn't go too well then?"

<Bobby> "Understatement." He was trying to not get emotional again, so he went for another fish. "Of course, I guess since she filed for divorce I should have expected that. Wish I hadn't found out she was pregnant from the divorce papers though." Bobby pulled another fish apart and stared at it before eating it.

<Paige> Paige moved to hug Bobby tightly, resting her head against him. A part of her felt badly for feeling sympathy for him because of Lorna, but she pushed that aside. She did feel badly for him.

<Bobby> He sucked in a surprised breath, but put his arms around her. Closing his eyes for a moment, he leaned his head against hers too, trying to keep in control. "Thanks."

<Paige> "We need drinks." She announced after a moment.

<Bobby> "I'm all for this." Bobby nodded.

<Paige> Paige nodded. "Just uh, let me change." She got up from him and went to her closet.

<Bobby> "Want me to... go outside or put a pillow over my head?" It was so weird she was back, after seeing her pic in that magazine... But he sure wasn't complaining as he watched her pick through her closet.

<Paige> Paige laughed and waved her hand at him. "I have a bathroom." She grabbed an outfit and disappeared into said room.

<Bobby> Making her do that giggle was always fun, too. He grinned and tried to toss a gummy fish into the air and catch it with his mouth. He failed, the gummy bouncing off the edge of the bed.

<Bobby> Bobby growled and leaned over, finding it in his bag... and noticing the "For Sale" sign he'd ripped from his truck's windshield. Fighting back another surge of emotion, he grabbed it and the wayward fish.

<Paige> Paige didn't take long. She came back out with her knee high boots and white trench coat on with the sleeves rolled up. It was one of her favorite outfits. "Here we go!"

<Bobby> "Well, I feel under-dressed," he said, popping the fish into his mouth. Or over. Instantly the trench coat made him want to make a joke about flashing, but just as quickly he remembered this was Paige.

<Paige> Paige laughed and shook her head. "Never!" She grabbed her purse, double checking her ID was in there. "They never believe I'm over 21."

<Bobby> "Are you sure you are?" Bobby got up and grinned at her, patting his ass to make sure his wallet was there. "I can drive." He waved the sign. "At least I got back to her before somebody snapped up my baby."

<Paige> "Too bad you can't fly... maybe we should take a taxi so we can both drink?"

<Bobby> "...better idea." Bobby agreed, folding up the sign and tossing it in her trash can. "Technically... I can... but it would involve getting naked aaaaand I never did it to anybody else."

<Paige> "Nice try at getting me naked!" Paige giggled as she dialed for a taxi.

<Bobby> There was the giggle again. He grinned.

<Paige> ---Time Passes--

<Paige> Paige took her seat at the bar, having checked her coat at the door. She flashed a grin over at Bobby. "Batman suits you." She decided.

<Bobby> He snorted, sliding onto the tall chair. "Oh, but with all the yelling they did at me, my parents definitely aren't dead." He signaled the bartender, more than ready for some booze.

<Paige> Paige happily ordered her Cosmo and turned to look at him better. "Everyone is just super upset with you..."

<Bobby> "Again, understatement." Bobby ordered a neat scotch, not wanting to fuck around with the getting drunk. "You're the first person I've seen who hasn't been at least somewhat hostile."

<Paige> Paige sighed a bit. "It's just... I get it."

<Bobby> "You get why they're pissed? I do too, I just... it's ... kind of exhausting." Bobby felt like he already needed to go back to base and talk to that SHIELD shrink again.

<Paige> "No..." She took a sip of her drink, then set it down, running her finger along the napkin. "I get what it's like to have to make that hard decision. To make an unpopular decision and have to stand by it. And to have your decision go horribly wrong..." She paused to take another drink. "And to lose everything because of it."

<Bobby> Bobby raised an eyebrow at her over the rim of his now-chilled scotch. She looked older now, and more serious than he'd ever remembered seeing her. "What happened?" He'd forgotten how much the drink burned, but it was a good burn.

<Paige> "Do you really want to know?" She met his eyes this time. She didn't want to taint Eve to people, but Bobby had been his friend... he kind of deserved the truth.

<Bobby> "Well yeah, of course." He took another drink and turned toward her. "Crap buddies, right?"

<Paige> Paige smiled at that and sighed deeply. "Crap buddies. It didn't start off as bad. Eve just wanted to spend more and more time with me. And school kind of sucked, so I stayed in Texas and he went back for a bit... and then he came back.”

<Paige> "So he wanted more time. And slowly I fell out of contact with you guys."

<Bobby> "Yeah... you guys kind of fell off the radar. I remember Lorna saying she'd called you a few times. Eve... well, we didn't talk much after he left." Bobby could tell he wasn't going to like this.

<Paige> "After he came back, we'd still go see my family for holidays and my birthday. But it became fewer and fewer. He convinced me, me to take birth control too. And then... once the registration act hit, he really lost it. He flipped out."

<Bobby> Bobby took a long drink. "Well, we all kind of did..." Though he didn't think that was what she meant. "Lorna dyed her hair, McCoy figured out these patches that negate your powers temporarily..."

<Paige> "He moved us out in the country. Cut off our cell phones. He'd go into town and get supplies, and at first I could go... then he stopped letting me go."

<Bobby> He coughed. "Okay, yeah, that's kinda, uh, extreme?"

<Paige> "We stopped going to visit my family sometime too, I can't remember when. I saw you guys on the news a lot. Usually when he was gone. He didn't like me watching the news."

<Bobby> Bobby made a face and nodded, taking another long drink. Holy shit, Eve, way to be nuts.

<Paige> She really didn't want to tell him the rest. She downed her drink. "Then the bad day happened... and I couldn't go to the doctor, and I wanted to call Lorna. That's who I wanted. And I couldn't. And I realized what had happened then."

<Bobby> "The bad day?" Bobby shook his head, confused, and starting to feel the alcohol.

<Paige> "Birth control doens't always work... and it can..." She took his drink and finished it off. "It caused a miscarriage."

<Bobby> It was something he'd wondered himself ever since he got the paperwork. Lorna had been on the pill for years. They'd never so much as had a scare. Bobby looked down, blinking rapidly, eyes burning. "God, Paige... I'm sorry," he finally managed.

<Paige> Paige shook her head. "You're the only one who knows any of this..." She flagged down the bartender for more drinks. Lots more drinks. She switched to cake flavored vodka.

<Bobby> "I won't say anything." Bobby reached over and covered her hand with his, giving it a squeeze. "That... so, so sucks." He chewed the corner of his lip. "What'd Eve do?"

<Paige> Paige squeezed his hand back, pouring them both more drinks now that they had bottles. "He was so furious at me for getting pregnant."

<Bobby> Bobby made a disgusted noise and downed half his drink. Now, if his eyes were red, he could blame the scotch.

<Paige> Paige stared into her glass, zoning out. The only way she could get through the rest. "So when he went to town the next time I packed."

<Bobby> He stayed quiet, holding her hand and watching her stare blankly. She'd changed so much. He kind of wanted to punch Eve.

<Paige> "When he came back I told him I was done. That I wanted out and I was leaving." She smirked just a bit, taking her shot. "He didn't like that news."

<Bobby> "Fucker." Bobby just rolled his eyes and took a drink himself.

<Paige> Paige smiled at him. "It's ok, Bobby. I whacked him. Just one good punch. And then I took the keys to the truck and left."

<Bobby> His eyebrows shot up. "Whacked? As in...?"

<Paige> Paige thought about that. "Well... I called the cops once I was in town... and he's been served divorce papers and a restraining order... guess if he turns up we'll know!" She downed another shot.

<Bobby> Wow. Yeah, that called for more booze. Bobby had another drink. So both their marriages ended in shit. Tears threatening again, he finished the glass. "Well, I'd offer to kick his ass for you, but you took care of it nicely yourself."

<Paige> Paige laughed a bit and gave his hand another squeeze. "That I did. So you see why I say I understand. I get it. And until you're in a situation where it's you or them, you don't get it."

<Bobby> "Yep." Bobby turned his hand and laced their fingers together. He was feeling the alcohol and feeling terrible for both of them.

<Paige> Paige smiled at him. "It's all ok now though... kinda... I have a super cool awesomely groovy job... you're free... back with my friends... so things are looking up!"

<Bobby> "For you." Bobby returned the smile, a little sadly. "I'm glad things are better for you now though." It was nice to be close to someone again, and someone who understood.

<Paige> "Don't give up yet, Bobby... you aren't in jail anymore right? And you saved your truck."

<Bobby> "Heh... yeah." He stared down at their hands and then poured them both another drink, this time from her vodka bottle since it was closer.

<Paige> Paige grinned and scooted closer to rest her head against him. "Thing will look up. You'll see."

<Bobby> "Mmm. Guess they already are." The cake vodka tasted like cake, which was... awesome. Paige also smelled pretty awesome, so he leaned into her.

<Paige> "You know... you're pretty awesome." Paige giggled a bit.

<Bobby> Bobby blinked, realizing he must have said part of that out loud, but too drunk to really care. "Your giggle is pretty awesome too."

<Paige> That made Paige giggle more. "Really!?"

<Bobby> "Really." He laughed and twisted, planting a loud kiss on the top of her head.

<Paige> Paige giggled more and looked up at him after the kiss. Hey, when had he gotten so good looking? And he had super sexy eyes... so blue.

<Bobby> Bobby grinned at her, taking in her smile and wrinkled nose. Yep, making her giggle was awesome. Licking his lips, he leaned toward her.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Slarti »

<Paige> Paige slept peacefully in her bed snuggled up to the warm body next to her. She mumbled a bit and snuggled closer to it in her sleepy, trying to block out the cold air outside the covers.

<Bobby> Nose twitching when something brushed it, Bobby made a sound of protest and moved his head slightly. He pressed his face further into the pillow, arm tightening around another pillow, though something other than the headache he was slowly becoming aware of tickled in the back of his mind.

<Bobby> That wasn't a pillow.

<Paige> Paige moved with the arm, wrapping her's around Bobby, pressing herself against him.

<Bobby> Still half asleep, he realized it was a body. Confused, he decided he was dreaming, because it was... nice.

<Paige> Paige opened her eyes just a bit, then they flew open in surprise. Bobby. A very close Bobby snuggling very close to her. She realized that she was practically on top of him. She shrieked and fell backward off of her bed, taking her covers with her.

<Bobby> The screaming made him start screaming, though he wasn't sure why yet, until he untangled himself from the blankets she had yanked over his head. Bobby sat straight up and regretted it, falling back against the bed and cracking his head on the headboard. "Oww..."

<Paige> Checking herself over revealed that she was still fully dressed. Her relief was short lived. She winced at the ow. "...are you alright?"

<Bobby> "Jesus, my head!" He slid down and tried again to sit up, staring down at her on the floor. "Bwuh?" Bobby looked at her, mussed but still dressed, and then at himself in a similar state. "We... uh... didn't...?" He made a face, rubbing his hands over his face and trying to think.

<Bobby> Thinking hurt. "Did weee?"

<Paige> "Did we what? You think we would do that!?" Paige threw a gummy bear at his hurt head.

<Bobby> "Well, no, not normally!" Bobby's glare wasn't very successful and he realized his mouth felt like he'd been licking Kyle. "But we were really, really drunk..."

<Paige> "Yeah... and then you took my bottle of vodka and drank straight from it." She giggled at him. "It was so good wasn't it!?" She held her head a bit. Her own voice gave her a headache.

<Bobby> Bobby shifted to ice, wincing and trying to filter the last of the booze from his system.

<Paige> Paige just stared. "Ohhhhh that's totally awesome! When did you learn to do that!" She winced again.

<Bobby> He shrugged, shifting back. Much better. "It's... just natural now." Bobby dragged himself up to sit on the side of the bed and drew out the extra moisture he had left from his change, forming a little crystal flower in the palm of his hand to show her.

<Paige> "Oh wow.... Bobby..." Paige grinned at him, moving to look at the flower better. "I'm so impressed."

<Bobby> Bobby returned the grin and dissipated the flower, offering her a hand up. "Come on, let's get you off the floor."

<Paige> Paige took the offered help and sat down next to him on the bed. "Just so we're clear... that... never happened... right?" She looked over at him.

<Bobby> "What happened?" He returned her look and snorted, shaking his head. "I don't remember a thing." Hangover now gone, he totally remembered leaning toward her, wanting to make her laugh, and picking up a long lock of her hair to give himself a nice mustache before the drinking from said bottle started.

<Bobby> "Still think I should grow me a good porn 'stache though." Bobby smirked at her.

<Paige> Paige laughed and shoved him just a bit. "Nothing happened. We came back here and I went to wash my face and when I came back out, you were passed out. And I was too tired to move you, so there we go. But the cuddling? THAT never happened." She eyed him a bit.

<Bobby> When her face got serious again, he paused. "No, it didn't." Bobby sighed and rubbed his eyes. "It really, really didn't. I'm sorry."

<Paige> Paige gave him a quick hug, then got up, going to her closet and tossing him a towel. "No need. Now go get cleaned up so we can get breakfast."

<Bobby> The towel hit him across the face. Sighing, Bobby pointed at the pink sofa. "Is that spoken for tonight?"

<Paige> "Nope. You can stay here tonight... but then you need to go back to Lorna if you want to try and fix things."

<Bobby> "I don't think she wants to try to fix things." He cracked his knuckles, staring down at his hands.

<Paige> "She'd be retarded not to... you're Bobby..."

<Bobby> Bobby snorted. "Yeah, I think that's the problem."

<Paige> Paige sat back down next to him, looking up at him. "Bobby... I'll do whatever I can to help. Alright?" She took his hand in her's, giving it a reassuring squeeze.

<Bobby> "Thank you, for everything," he said, with a slight smile, returning the squeeze before he got up and threw the towel over his shoulder. He grabbed the bag off the floor before he disappeared into her bathroom.

<Paige> Paige smiled after him and went to pick out her outfit while she waited. She let out a sigh. Lorna just had to take him back. He was so sad!
TechPrincess
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by TechPrincess »

<Styger> Nils was in the teachers lounge, looking through final exams. He was really sort of confounded at Johnny Storm's attempt to explain why both an elephant and a human fell to the earth at the same rate.

<Styger> "because that's something you learn in secondary school". He didn't even put any punctuation in there. Nils sighed. He thougth Curt had taken him under his wing, but even Connors' papers had gotten worse. He was obviously distracted. The repeated drawing of a stick figure girl with a straight line for a mouth next to a stickfigure-ish lizard was humorous to him.

<Paige> Paige went wheeling into the teacher's lounge. "Ooooohhhhhhh I like it in here! Oh Hiiii!" She waved to Nils, flopping down on one of the couches. "Jelly bean?" She offered the bag to him.

<Styger> His eyebrows raised and his glasses went down the bridge of his nose. "May I help you? This is the teacher's lounge."

<Paige> "Well I am a teacher now. Does Hank hide extra twinkies up in here too?" She popped a jelly bean into her mouth.

<Styger> "... Oh! Paige Guthrie! That's right!" He bonked his own forehead with his palm. "I can't believe I forgot-- yes, I remember Xavier telling me now. How are you?"

<Paige> "Just fine and dandy! And yourself!? Looks like you have a joyful task of grading still ahead of you." Paige commented as she peeked at what he was doing.

<Styger> "Yes, unfortunately I teach physics. Not exactly a well-practiced topic apparently. I am hoping to teach an Astronomy course coming up, but we'll see."

<Styger> "You will be teaching Cosmotology, correct?"

<Paige> "You got it! With Fashion Design and Dance. I have always been a dancer and I wanted to be a fashion designer... I kind of got all my wishes at once with this job."

<Styger> "I'll say." he said, smiling wide. "I take it you're excited. Any questions about the job?"

<Paige> "Not yet... but that's probably because I don't really know what to expect." She laughed and popped another jelly bean in her mouth.

<Styger> "Well, expect students who think they know better." He said with a smirk. "Especially with mutant kids. Especially the freshmen. They think that because they've just discovered this new ability, and a school made just for them, they have the run of it."

<Paige> Paige giggled at him. "Ahhhh to be a freshman again...." But that made her think of Eve. She shoved a handful of jelly beans in her mouth. "So... Physics?"

<Styger> "Yes, and Logical Thinking." He added, rather proud. "I have to say, I make sure my students get some of the highest grades."

<Paige> "All of my work will be hands on. It will drive the class skippers crazy!" She giggled.

<Styger> He chuckled "That should do it. I know the students who miss labs seem to think they can jus tmake them up. But that's not the case."

<Paige> "Totally not." She giggled. "Unless they have a real reason of course. Not cruel." She nodded seriously.

<Styger> "Short of the school being attacked or death of a loved one, I can think of no suitable excuse. My labs are every Tuesday and Thursday. Every Tuesday and Thursday. Rain or shine. Or lasers."

<Paige> "Lasers!" She paused, looking at him. "Do you have lasers?"

<Styger> "I'm a physicist." he said, suddenly very serious with zero intent of being funny. "... Of course I have lasers."

<Paige> Paige looked around to make sure they were alone, then leaned in a bit. "...can we play with them?"

<Styger> Styger put down his glasses, again seemingly all business. "... I thought you'd never ask." His portal opened and the two of them were *shuoop!* sucked right in and shot right out into his lab, some papers blowing away as they stood in the middle of the room.

<Paige> Paige let out a squeal. "Oh you're the best!" She stole a hug.

<Styger> He patted her on the back, unsure of the hug. "Okay, so... let's see. This here is a Krypton Laser. It's for scientific research."

<Paige> She stepped back from the hug, bouncing just a bit, trying to contain her excitement. "OOoooooo"

<Styger> "It is an ion laser, which is a gas laser. We mix the krypton ions with argon for creation of what we call 'white-light' lasers, which are useful for laser light shows. Which I'm sure you've seen before." he flashed a smile and turned it on.

<Styger> Suddenly, with the laser display (the lasers fired off into shapes of stars, comets flying across planets and into suns, blowing up and rocketing into millions of smaller suns,) came the sounds of Pink Floyd. "An old favorite of mine."

<Paige> "Ohhhh awesome!" Paige marveled at the light. "OOOOO!" She was transfixed. And silent.

<Styger> So that's how you turn her off... He said to himself, making a mental note. "And this..." he turned the lasers off and the lights on, the music going of with both. "is a material processing, electrical discarge laser. It's mostly used for engraving, some types of manufaturing. You can engrave wedding rings with this ooor... well just about anything. Even bone." He turned it on and slid a piece of metal carefully in. He quickly turned it at vari

<Styger> He pulled it away to reveal his name, in cursive.

<Paige> Paige caught herself at the wedding rings. Her eyes darted down to where her's used to be. She quickly looked back at the lasers. "Oooo it's so pretty too!"

<Styger> "This is actually the laser I used to engrave the wedding ring I made for my wife many, many years ago. It's a bit old now, but she keeps on truckin'." He said happily.

<Paige> Paige forced a smile at that. More wedding talk! "Looks like a good machine."

<Styger> "It was." He ssaid fondly, rubbing it, practically.

<Paige> "Are you um... still with your wife?" She questioned gently.

<Styger> "No." he said, his voice drifting off into memories. "She died. And this is an Excimer Laser. For things like LASIK surgery, y'know?" He said, pointedly changing the subject.

<Paige> "Oooo so you could fix people's eyes?!" Paige made a note not to bring up his wife ever again.

<Styger> "Uh... sure. It has other applications but that's a prominant one."

<Paige> "We really can do anything here can't we?" She laughed happily.

<Styger> "With the proper licenses, sure." He admitted. "So those are my lasers..." He shrugged and pointed to the door. "How about you show me the cosmotology lab?"

<Paige> "Sure! It's not completely set up yet. Few things still somewhere in the mail. I am beginning to wonder about them... but you can come see!" Paige grinned at him as they walked. Yay for making friends!
Last edited by TechPrincess on Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

LOL, yay making friends!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Paige: After bringing in a couple of bottles of vodka to her new lab, Paige worked on mixing up some pink hair dye for Rachel's hair. "Ohhhh this is going to be so pretty Rachie!!!"

Bobby: "Okay, now this?" He pointed at the vodka bottle. "I know what to do with." Bobby abandoned the box of weird hair products for the booze.

Paige: Paige laughed at him and kept mixing. "I know you do at that! There should be some ice in the little break room area. Yes, I have my own break room."

Bobby: Bobby gave her a withering look and a raised eyebrow. "You have ice right here, babe."

Paige: "But we can't drink you!" Paige laughed at him.

Rachel: Rachel warily eyed the color Paige was mixing. That was... really pink. However, the vodka made up for it. She smirked, "Well... We could, but..."

Paige: Paige caught up and blushed bright red turning back to her mixing.

Bobby: Bobby snorted and stopped himself from making a really dirty comment. He found some glasses in her break room and made a point of making the ice in front of them to pour three drinks.

Paige: "Right... so you ready for color, Rachie?" She put back on her normal smile, seemingly unfazed.

Bobby: "Y'know, Pietro has this... well, employee, maybe?" What the fuck was Harvey anyway? "Anyway, he turns into water. And hides in the pipes." Bobby gave them both evil grins before handing them their drinks.

Paige: Paige gave Bobby a horrified look. "I never want to take another shower ever again." She took a sip of her drink to steady her nerves.

Rachel: Rachel took a long drink from her glass and nodded to Paige, "As ready as I'll ever be." Then, she blinked and gave him a wary look, "That's... Yeah. Same."

Bobby: Bobby just grinned and took a drink himself, winking at them.

Paige: "Wait... could you do that too?"

Bobby: "I could," he said, licking a bit of the vodka off his lip. He didn't care if it was kind of a girly drink. This shit was good!

Paige: Paige about dropped her drink. She set it carefully down on the counter, then moved to concentrate on Rachel's hair. Hair was good. Hair was safe.

Rachel: "But you don't? ...Hopefully."

Bobby: Bobby laughed, giving Paige a slightly perplexed look. "No, it's... weird." He moved around to get a better look at the scary color. "Not that it wouldn't be fun to try in the girl's locker room."

Paige: "Bobby!" Paige chastised him. "Some of those girls are minors."

Bobby: "Exactly," he agreed. "It would have been fun... I dunno, my first couple years here." He took another drink. "Of course, I couldn't do it then, so probably for the best."

Rachel: Rachel laughed, "You would've gotten your ass kicked."

Bobby: "Most likely." He leaned over to look around at Rachel's face. "I could have popped out of your shower head too, Rae-Rae." He grinned, widening his eyes.

Paige: "Indeed he would have." Paige concentrated on not making eye contact with Bobby while she got a grip on herself. Just because he was sexy meant nothing. Big brother. Friend zone. That was all. She had to fix his and Lorna's marriage after all.

Rachel: Rachel peered over at him and continued to snicker at the face he was making. She attempted to keep a straight face, but didn't quite manage it, "Oh, baby..."

Bobby: Bobby grinned and chuckled, taking another drink and wandering over to the box again. "What the fuck is neutralizer? It sounds like a bad code name."

Paige: Paige just laughed and shook her head at Bobby. "So what are your plans now, Rachie?"

Rachel: "Well, at the moment, my plans are to get wasted... and possibly high off the smell of this dye."

Paige: "That can be easily achieved." Paige promised, getting the last of the dye in her hair.

Bobby: "Protein filler?" Bobby bow-chicka-wow-wowed with a dirty laugh. He opened the bottle and took a sniff, then sneezed.

Paige: "Bobby you're going to get yourself high just sniffing things." Paige moved to clean up her mess. "We'll let that sit for awhile while we get toasted... but there sure is a lot of dye left...."

Rachel: Rachel about snorted her drink. She looked between the extra dye and Bobby.

Bobby: Bobby noticed the silence and turned around to look from one to the other, to the bowl of dye.

Paige: Paige hated to throw it out. It would be perfect for somebody with short hair... like Bobby. She looked up at him finally.

Rachel: "You know... You looked great with pink hair, Bobby..."

Bobby: "....oh no..." Bobby put the protein filler away and held up both hands, slightly ruined by the drink in one.

Paige: "I don't want to be wasteful..."

Bobby: "You like pink, Paigey... you could match your room!" Bobby grinned. "I could do you."

Paige: "It's not enough for my hair. It's perfect for your amount of hair!"

Rachel: Rachel held her tongue. She wasn't going to comment.

Bobby: "You could just do streaks... I definitely could paint straight lines." He sloshed his drink toward Rachel to point. "Or she could. She's the artistic one."

Paige: Paige gave Bobby a pitiful look.

Rachel: "I could paint streaks in your hair too..."

Bobby: Bobby sighed at Paige's expression, but then Rachel gave him hope. "See!" He took a long drink.

Rachel: "I meant on you."

Paige: Paige kept her pitiful expression on her face.

Bobby: "How about on both of us?" Bobby cocked an eyebrow and smirked.

Paige: "You want us to have matching hair?"

Bobby: "We're crap buddies, remember? Share the pink pain." Bobby drained the glass and gave her a bright grin.

Paige: A slow smile spread on Paige's face. "Ok then. Crap buddies all the way. I'll make up more dye."

Bobby: Bobby cackled, victorious. Although... it still meant he'd have pink hair. Hmm.

Bobby: He shrugged and refilled his glass. "Ladies?" He shook the bottle at them, offering refills.

Rachel: Rachel held out her glass for the refill, "At least this time I'll have pink hair with you?"

Paige: Paige downed what was left of her's, then held out her glass as well.

Bobby: Bobby grinned and did a Jack Sparrow swagger over to them to top off their drinks. Noticing their ice had melted down, he wrinkled his nose. "Okay. Time for a hard decision. More ice, or should I frost the bottle so we don't dilute the alcoholic goodness?"

Rachel: She acted like she had to consider that, "Frost the bottle."

Paige: "Frost the bottle." Paige agreed.

Bobby: "Wise decision!" Bobby frosted the alcohol almost to the freezing point and refilled their cups.

Paige: Paige giggled and took a sip before going back to mixing up more pink for her and Bobby.

Bobby: Bobby sneaked up behind Paige and peered over her shoulder to watch. "So... what'cha dooooin? Does it, like, come in those colors? Or do you have to mix them?"

Paige: Paige jumped at sudden Bobby, but smiled at him over her shoulder. "I have to mix it myself. But there are certain bases...." She trailed off. He smelled delicious. BOBBY. She quickly looked back at what she was doing.

Rachel: Rachel started to reach up to touch her hair, and then she remembered that it'd be a bad idea. She let her hand drop and took a drink instead.

Bobby: "Bases?" He laughed, taking another drink. "First, second, third... it's a homer! What color's a homer?"

Paige: It took Paige a moment to answer him. "Yellow!"

Bobby: Bobby yeched, reaching over her to pick up another bottle to inspect.

Paige: Paige had to pause as he brushed against her. "You should come take my class. I can teach you to color your own hair pink, Bobberz." She got back to mixing.

Rachel: Rachel had another drink and looked over to the two, worrying her lip for a few moments. She finally asked, "So, you've just been, like... chilling in here? ...No pun intended."

Bobby: "No thanks, babe." He chuckled, putting the bottle back down. "Other than the boring color nature gave me, I've just had colored hair twice. Pink." Bobby moved back over to Rachel and flicked the back of her ear. "...and green. In high school."

Rachel: She swatted at his hand, making a slight face as she got her own ear.

Paige: Paige snickered and moved to them again. "Alright Bobby. You're first!"

Bobby: He was happy for the distraction. "Well, not in here. I went to see Pietro and Illyana. I've been pestering Paigey here."

Paige: "He's living on my couch. Now he'll blend right in." She poked him with a smile.

Rachel: "Like a ninja," Rachel grinned, "And, yeah... I more meant with Paige."

Bobby: "Yaaaaaay." Bobby stuck his tongue out at her and took another drink, kicking over a stool to sit down for her.

Paige: Paige handed off the dye to Rachel, still giggling.

Rachel: Rachel blinked as she was handed dyed, double checking to make sure she was actually going to take a drink from her glass and not it. "So I actually am doing this?"

Paige: "You're the artist and I can do my own hair, but it's a pain.... unless you're nervous... then just make his whole head pink."

Bobby: "I wouldn't be upset if you feel you're too drunk to do it..." He made a face. "Not the whole thing!"

Rachel: "Pfft, I'm totally up for trying it, drunk or not," she grinned, downing what was left in her glass. She found a spot for the glass and got up. Right. She could totally stand without swaying. However, Bobby's streaks may not end up very straight. She didn't need to admit that to him though.

Paige: "You are sooo not getting out of this that easily, Bobberz!"

Bobby: "Hey, it's not getting out, it's ... negotiation!" Bobby turned to look at Rachel, narrowing his eyes. "How many of me do you see, Rae?"

Rachel: "There's only one real you," she answered and started putting dye into his hair before there was more protesting.

Paige: "Oh don't be silly. You're going to look fabulous!" Paige giggled and downed her drink, handing him the bottle to re-ice.

Bobby: The dye was cold and he winced slightly, rolling his eyes upward as if he could see what she was doing to the top of his head. Noticing Paige, he waved her away and concentrated for a moment, frosting the bottle again.

Paige: "OK, so you don't even have to get up to refrost?! You are definitely the man." Paige poured herself another drink.

Bobby: Bobby gave her a cheesy grin. "But you do have to get up to fill me up..." He drained his glass and turned on his puppy eyes.

Rachel: "Oops," Rachel mumbled. She could fix that.

Bobby: "Oops?!" Bobby started to turn around again.

Paige: Paige melted at his puppy eyes and got up to refill his glass. Too cute! "Don't move! She warned him. "You could get pink eyebrows."

Bobby: He made a whining noise and downed half the drink.

Rachel: "Nothing," she assured him. The whole back of his head may just be pink. "Can I give you pink eyebrows?"

Bobby: "No." Bobby started to turn again.

Paige: "It would be so cute though!" Paige put her hand on his cheek to stop him from turning. "Sit still!"

Bobby: Bobby made a face, but he really was worried. He looked up at Paige, trying to figure out from her expression how bad it really was.

Rachel: Rachel made a bit of a face as she fudged a bit more. "Maybe I'd be better at this if I drank more," she mused.

Paige: Paige gave him nothing but a brilliant smile. "That is also possible."

Bobby: "Paaaaigey," he whined.

Paige: "Bobberrrzzzzz..."

Bobby: "Saaaave meee?"

Rachel: She paused in the dying and pulled her glass to her with her teke, tongue poking out slightly as she focused on lifting the bottle to refill it as well. "I don't even know why you're complaining. I let her do my entire head."

Paige: "I'm afraid I can only do one thing, sweetie... painting the Bobberz pink, we're painting the Bobberz pink!" She sang for him, letting her hand go from his cheek.

Bobby: Bobby dropped his head to his chest and mock cried. "I so need to be drunker..."

Rachel: Her face twisted as the bottle slipped, and she reached to catch it. Right. She totally didn't spill any of the vodka. She dangled the bottle in front of Bobby's face.

Paige: "See? Rachie fixed that for you." Paige beamed at him.

Rachel: "Now I just have to fix your hair."

Bobby: Bobby didn't even look up to take the bottle, but he had to in order to drink straight from it. "There. Now I have my petty revenge. My spit's on your bottle."

Paige: "Like that bothers us. I had lots of brothers, remember?"

Rachel: "Though, I suppose that means we get to drink you... in a way..." Rachel smirked as she took her glass from the air.

Paige: "Will it make you feel better if you get to color all of my hair, Bobberz?" Paige gave Rachel a disturbed face.

Rachel: She just gave Paige an innocent look in return, taking a drink. She set the glass aside before returning to Bobby's hair, settling for the suggestion of making his whole head pink.

Bobby: "Means you get to swap spit with me, I guess." He tipped his head back to give Rachel a dirty grin. "You know it's been a lifelong dream."

Rachel: Rachel gave him a grin of her own, "Oh, totally."

Paige: Paige fell into a fit of giggles at them, taking another drink.

Bobby: Paige's comment though, was intriguing. "Yes, yes it would."

Paige: She sighed. "Fiiiiiine, you can dye my hair next."

Rachel: She passed Bobby the dye since she'd finished, "Go for it."

Paige: Paige downed her drink. "Supervise?" She begged Rachel.

Rachel: "I'll supervise the vodka."

Paige: "Not what I meant!"

Rachel: She laughed, "I'm not going to go drink it alone."

Bobby: "Bwahahahah!" Bobby jumped up and grinned at Paige. "C'mere, babe, let me have my way with you."

Paige: Internally Paige flailed at that. But she sighed and wheeled over to him. "You'll be gentle?"

Bobby: "Oh, of course." Bobby looked into the bowl of pink crap and stirred it around a little. "Any way you like it."

Paige: Paige took another drink. Oh this was a horrible idea! He was lucky he was so cute!

Bobby: "But first," he finished off his drink and eyeballed Rachel with the bottle.

Rachel: Rachel had finished her glass and just moved onto snickering into the bottle at the conversation. Suddenly, she was aware of the look she was getting and gave a wary one in return. "...Whatever it is, no."

Bobby: "But you have something I need, babe." He grinned. This was... way too fun.

Rachel: She considered that, smirking, "Oh, really?"

Paige: Paige covered her face with her hands. Oh this was so bad.

Bobby: "Ya, rly." One corner of his mouth curled up and he raised an eyebrow at the bottle. "Unless you had something else in mind."

Paige: Paige whacked his leg a bit. "Focus!"

Bobby: "Perv!" Bobby flicked her hair. "I need a refill! She has bottle control!"

Paige: "Who is the perv? I want you to focus on my beautiful hair! If it's ruined I'll cry!"

Rachel: "Everyone in this school," she answered, refilling Bobby's glass.

Bobby: "Nooo, no crying." He smiled in thanks at Rachel and got to work. How the fuck did he do this? He'd helped color Lorna's hair a couple times... Bobby pushed that away.

Bobby: He took another drink and set down both the cup and the bowl to pick up her hair.

Rachel: "I'm going to second the no crying."

Paige: Paige was positive she could dye it back her brilliant blonde, but she didn't want to have to do that. Maybe Adam could help when he got back. "I make no promises."

Bobby: He decided to start from the bottom, because she had a damn lot of hair, and separated it out before he started to apply the pink.

Paige: Paige hid her face in her hands again. She didn't want to admit that it was nice to have him playing with her hair. Nope. Sure wasn't!

Rachel: "It doesn't look that bad..." Rachel assured her with an awkward pat to the shoulder.

Bobby: Bobby made a worried face at Rachel and kept going, trying to be gentle. "I'm not, like, ripping your hair out am I?"

Rachel: At the look from Bobby, she added, "And by that bad, I mean it doesn't look bad at all."

Paige: "No... no you're fine. I just can't look." Paige, on the other hand, was totally not fine. This was torture.

Bobby: "You've got a shitload of hair," he commented, pausing to take a drink and wondering if this made him one step closer to a gay hairdresser.

Paige: Paige peeked out through her fingers. "Sorry... does it look ok?" She wanted to look back at him, but resisted.

Rachel: "It totally looks fine," Rachel assured her and took another drink.

Bobby: "You'd look gorgeous with no hair, babe." He had no idea how it looked, other than that he was trying to not leave empty spots.

Paige: Paige giggled at him. He was such a flirt. "Of course I would."

Rachel: "Well, you didn't get to be Miss USA or whatever for no reason... so, yeah..."

Paige: "I got it because I'm so smart right?"

Bobby: A memory returned to him and he grinned. "So smart you kicked my ass in math, even."

Rachel: "You both kick my ass in math..."

Bobby: "That's because you just never did any," he said, poking his tongue out at Rachel.

Paige: "I totally did! It was the one class I was good at." Paige laughed happily.

Rachel: "I did some..." she paused, brow furrowing, "Or maybe that wasn't math..."

Bobby: Bobby smiled, looking down. He had considered bursting her bubble, but now he couldn't. Separating out more hair, he shifted to see the top of her head.

Paige: Paige dropped her hands to tilt her eyes up at him. He was going to look adorable!

Rachel: "Regardless, I did manage to graduate... and I wasn't even that traumatized by the end of it, which I consider a success."

Bobby: "And now you get to teach the next generation of impressionable youth. Yikes."

Rachel: "Well, the government gave you a job, so there's hope for me..."

Paige: "Or we're all just doomed...."

Rachel: "Aren't you supposed to be the optimistic one?"

Paige: "That is my optimism." Paige grinned at her.

Bobby: Bobby laughed and reached over to tip her head back... way too much hair. And she might kill him in his sleep if he missed spots...

Paige: Paige swallowed, concentrating on looking at a nice neutral spot on him. Chin? Neck? None of that was neutral!

Bobby: He noticed Paige watching him and met her eyes briefly to give her a reassuring smile.

Paige: Paige gave him a smile back. She could totally do this.

Bobby: Oops. Bobby made a face and tried to catch the drip. "Aheh..." He wiped her forehead with his thumb and went for another drink.

Paige: Paige shrieked. "Are my eyebrows pink now?!" Yeah that was a good coverup.

Bobby: "No! Nonono... it's cool!" Bobby tried to pat her without getting pink shit all over her.

Paige: Paige wrinkled her nose at him. She giggled agian. She couldn't stay mad at that face.

Rachel: After taking another drink, Rachel looked between them with a giggle of her own.

Bobby: He thought he was finished... taking another turn around her and then looking at Rachel with a bewildered shrug.

Paige: "Alright, I need to rinse your hair, Rachie!" Paige stumbled toward the sink, giggling again.

Bobby: "Need some walking lessons, Paigey?"

Paige: "Or a walker!" She giggled more.

Rachel: Rachel surrendered the bottle at that, not quite able to fathom how she'd drink it. Well, unless she chugged the rest. But sharing was good. "Cane. Then, you can beat students."

Paige: "Awwwww I can't beat my students!" Paige gave her a pouty look.

Bobby: Bobby happily accepted and followed them. "Good idea." He took a drink. "Oh, believe me, you'll want to."

Rachel: "You obviously haven't been called old as many times as I have."

Bobby: Bobby snorted.

Paige: "Actually everyone is surprised I'm a professor. Styger nearly kicked me out of the lounge."

Rachel: "I've been questioned about whether I have kids..." she shuddered. Then, she realized that probably wasn't something to complain about given Bobby's situation.

Bobby: Bobby made a face, covering it with another drink. Not. Thinking.

Paige: Paige didn't want to think of that either. She took another drink herself.

Rachel: Right. Subject change. She pondered one over another drink as well. "Though, I also got asked why I ever moved out..."

Bobby: He watched Paige, reaching over and giving her a squeeze on the shoulder.

Paige: Paige gave Bobby a half smile and a nod. She looked back to Rachel, laughing. "Though it doesn't really matter. Crazies find us anywhere."

Bobby: Bobby watched Paige start to rinse Rachel's hair out and admired the view, taking another drink.

Rachel: "Apparently," she replied, making a slight face at the water. Cold.

Paige: Paige noticed that too and turned the heat up a bit. She used the good shampoo that wouldn't wash out the dye on Rachel, scrubbing her hair. "This is my favorite part." She admitted to them.

Rachel: "My hair is pretty awesome," she grinned.

Bobby: "Washing people's hair?" Bobby cocked his head. "What if you had to wash skeezy people though?"

Paige: "Well nobody here is skeezy are they?" Paige flashed him a grin. "And it's just... I like playing with hair."

Bobby: "Remember Shaz?" Bobby grimaced, taking a drink.

Paige: Paige shuddered. "Ok. You win."

Rachel: "I try not to."

Bobby: "Well, I showered today, you can attest to that, right Paigey?" Rachel's hair was looking... really fucking pink.

Paige: Paige turned off the water. "Can you start blow drying while I do Bobby?"

Rachel: "Yeah, I can handle that part," she nodded and moved to get up.

Paige: Paige grinned. "Yeah you did." She patted the seat for Bobby to sit down.

Bobby: Bobby smirked. "Well, well, Paigey. I never knew..." He sat down, balancing his drink on his leg. He leaned back and looked up at her with a dirty grin.

Paige: Paige realized what she said and she tried to flash him a grin while blushing. She got him with cold water on his head.

Bobby: Wow, she got red. His grin got bigger and then he squeezed his eyes shut at the blast of water.

Paige: Paige smiled at that and got to rinsing his hair out.

Rachel: Rachel fumbled with the hair dryer a bit. She flicked it on and gave it a baffled look. Oh. Right. It had to be plugged in...

Bobby: Bobby opened one eye and determined it was safe to open the other. He checked out his handiwork on her head.

Paige: Paige didn't catch him looking as she was paying attention to making sure she got his hair well rinsed, taking her time. His hair was so soft. She used the good shampoo on him too, scrubbing it in.

Bobby: This was... kinda nice. And the vodka was making the room slowly rotate too. Oooo, floaty.

Paige: She took longer than necessary to scrub his hair, then got to work rinsing it out. "Almost done."

Bobby: He just closed his eyes and smiled stupidly.

Paige: Paige giggled at him and turned off the water, ready with the towel.

Bobby: Oh, the water was off. No Harveys. He drew in a breath and opened his eyes, sitting up slowly. "'Kay, now I'm drunk..."

Rachel: She flicked the hair dryer off, "Join the club."

Paige: "You weren't before?" Paige teased him, towel drying his hair.

Bobby: "Yeah, but now I'm like... having a hard time with words drunk." He leaned against Paige.

Paige: Paige patted him and ran her fingers through his hair again. "Well, let me dry your hair, then I'll get you to my bed... room. My bedroom."

Bobby: He giggled. Then he noticed Rachel. "Oh fuck, we all look like that?!"

Paige: "Easter egg club!"
TechPrincess
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by TechPrincess »

<Paige> Paige stepped out of her (admittedly very cold) shower. After towel drying herself off a bit, she wrapped up in her bath robe and inspected her hair in the mirror. Bobby hadn't done a half bad job. It looked alright. Well, it would do at least. She sighed and dryed her hair before staggering back into her bedroom.

<Bobby> For his part, Bobby was already half asleep on the sofa, socked feet propped up on the arm since he was a little too tall for the thing. When he tried to lie down, he'd discovered the back of his t-shirt was spotted with wet, pink splotches and so had yanked it off. He'd find a replacement in a minute.

<Bobby> ...after just a few minutes to relax.

<Bobby> The room was spinning again.

<Paige> Paige paused to look at him. She remembered him being a scrawny kid. There was nothing scrawny about him now. He was built. The guy had to work out a lot. She gripped the door frame as her head started to spin. She made a (zigzagged) line for the toilet just in time.

<Bobby> The unpleasant retching sound finally cut through his fog and he sat up. "Paige?" Oh... sitting up was a mistake.

<Paige> "I'm fine..." She called. Nope. Not fine. She was sick again.

<Bobby> "Yeah, bullshit," he muttered, hauling himself off the sofa and gripping it for a moment until his head stopped spinning. Bobby made it as fast as he could into the bathroom and crouched beside her.

<Bobby> He fought the urge to yak himself then.

<Paige> Paige just gave him a pitiful look as she flushed. "You look about how I feel." She noted.

<Bobby> "Yeeeah." Bobby squeezed his eyes closed, instead of watching the contents of the bowl swirl.

<Paige> Paige eased back onto her bottom, hiding her face in her hands.

<Bobby> Bobby opened one eye to look at her and shifted to sit down himself, resting on his foot in the cramped space. "You feel any better now?"

<Paige> "No." She muttered. "And I'm a horrible person too."

<Bobby> "Because you puked?" Bobby snorted, leaning his head back to rest against the vanity. He closed his eyes and concentrated, working on filtering some of the booze out of his system. Sober was bad, but too drunk to help her was bad too.

<Paige> "The paperwork came in today. Already." She moved to lay down on the cool tile, then realized Bobby was Iceman. She rested her head against his lap.

<Bobby> "Oh." Paperwork. Sober was really bad. Bobby stopped his efforts with a sigh and then froze when he felt Paige shift into his lap. "I'm sorry, Paigey." He relaxed a little. She was super drunk, sick, upset... he smoothed her hair back and laid his hand on her forehead, cooling his skin.

<Paige> Paige sniffled a bit from his lap. "I just didn't expect it to be this soon... or this hard."

<Bobby> "Yeah... I know that feeling." He petted her hair a little. Goddamn that was pink.

<Paige> Paige shut her eyes. "I don't think I can do this."

<Bobby> "You can." He kept petting, thinking the same thoughts himself, but... it was a totally different situation. Right? "It sounded like Eve turned into a whacko and you shouldn't have to be tied to that."

<Bobby> But that's what Lorna thinks of you, too. Bobby bit down hard on the inside of his lip.

<Paige> Paige sat up a bit, wiping a stray tear from her face. "Would it be ok if you slept next to me just for tonight? I just... I can't..." She she hid her face in her hands again.

<Bobby> He hadn't abused Lorna, he hadn't... but he'd lied. Hidden things from her. Undermined her authority. Isn't that just as bad? Bobby let out an unsteady breath, his hand on her hair pausing.

<Paige> Paige didn't bother to stop herself from crying. In just a few weeks she had completely cut the love of her life out of her life. And it had been great at first, to be free, but suddenly it didn't feel so great. It hurt. Despite what Eve had done, he had always loved her and she hadn't even given him a chance to fix it.

<Bobby> Fuck. Bobby felt ill-equipped to deal with a crying woman when he was pretty fucking close to tears himself. He made soothing shushing sounds at her and leaned over her to try to see her face. "It's okay, Paige. I... I know how much it sucks." He licked his lips.

<Bobby> Sighing, he moved his hand to her arm, trying to soothe her.

<Paige> "I'm sorry... I know you're going through crap too. You make this a little bit easier to deal with." She admitted through her tears.

<Bobby> "It's okay..." Making his decision, he gathered her up, only then realizing she wasn't wearing anything under that robe. Bobby cast his eyes skyward and got up, kicking down the toilet seat and sitting her down. "Tell me where to get you something to wear and I'll get it for you, yeah?"

<Paige> She nodded a bit. "Dresser... bottom left drawer." She looked down at the floor, wondering who chose that tile anyway.

<Bobby> He shuffled into the room and found her pajamas, trying really hard to not think about that he was rummaging around in a woman's lingerie drawer. Bobby brought her the clothes, put them on her lap and headed for the door. "I'll wait right outside, okay?"

<Bobby> He glanced back at her to make sure she wasn't going to pass out or puke again.

<Paige> Paige nodded, not looking up. She waited for the door to close before she carefully got dressed. She managed to not throw up again and headed back to the door, keeping ahold of the counter to guide her. She paused at the door, eying her bed. So far away... why couldn't she teleport?

<Bobby> Bobby had noticed his phone blinking from the table near the sofa and shuffled over to pick it up, checking his messages.

<Bobby> He made a noise and threw it at the sofa. "All done?" Bobby turned back toward Paige and winced. "Stay put. Don't... pass out. Or puke. Either. Or both." Shit. "Just don't move."

<Paige> She slumped against the door frame, trying to make the room go level again. It didn't work.

<Bobby> Sprinting the short distance half drunk wasn't a smart idea, but he caught Paige and picked her up, carrying her to her bed and carefully laying her down in the middle.

<Paige> Paige stared up at the ceiling, then shut it out by closing her eyes and reaching for her blankies. "Thank you Bobby... you're the beeeeeeeeeest." She yawned a bit.

<Bobby> "Sure." He smiled a little and helped her with the blanket, then realized something. "Hold that thought." Bobby fetched her a trash can.

<Paige> She opened her eyes to watch him, then smiled. "You've done this a time or two."

<Bobby> "Yeah, or two." Bobby sat on the edge of her bed and reached over to squeeze her hand. "You'll feel better in the morning. Promise."

<Paige> Paige nodded and closed her eyes again. "Ok... night night Bobby."

<Bobby> Bobby just smiled at her again and let go, heading back to the sofa. He threw himself down with a huff and dug his phone from beneath him, staring at the message from his mother. This... this was bad.

<Paige> Paige covered her head with the covers and tried to cry herself to sleep as quietly as possible.

<Bobby> Bobby wasn't deaf. Years of listening to a wife who mumbled Tom Waits songs in her sleep had trained him well. With a sigh, he got up and went over to her bed.

<Bobby> Tucking the covers around her, he laid down behind her and held her. "This didn't happen either, babe."
TechPrincess
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by TechPrincess »

<Erik> Erik sliced the tape that sealed the package and flipped open the lid. A smile lit up his face when he pulled out the hand-operated coffee machine. Now that's the style. No more buttons, levers, and angry whirring.

<Paige> A now pink headed Paige came wheeling into the kitchen, nearly letting out a shriek when she saw an unfamiliar face. Sheesh how many people were at this school now? "Hiiiiiiiiiii!" She moved past him to her trusty coffee pot and started making a pot.

<Erik> Interrupting his admiration long enough to glance up, Erik merely caught a glimpse of something extraordinarily pink as it whizzed through the kitchen. "Well, good day to you, too," he said, turning his head to look at the young woman.

<Paige> Paige flashed him a grin. "How are you today? Don't believe we've met! I'm Neeeeeeeeeeeew Professor Paige Guthrie!" She held out her hand to him.

<Erik> Erik's eyebrows moved upwards when he took the offered hand to shake it, but he tried to conceal his confusion otherwise. "Why, it's a pleasure to meet you, Ms. Guthrie. My name's Erik Lensherr. I took over for Mr. Drake." He paused, a slight frown on his face, then simply had to ask. "Professor, you said?"

<Paige> Only by the magic that was Paige's usual smile did she keep a smile on her face at meeting Bobby's replacement. "Yep that's me! Speaking of Bobby, this is his handiwork!" She patted her hair a bit with her hands. It didn't look too bad... "We had to test out my new lab after all."

<Erik> "That's... impressively pink," Erik commented, giving an uneven smile in response as his gaze went up to Paige's hair. "Well, it's good to know that Bobby still seems to be put his talents to good use."

<Paige> "Bobby's the best." Paige hopped up on the counter to wait for her coffee to brew. "You seem surprised that I'm a professor... do I look that young?"

<Erik> "Now, I sincerely hope you won't hold it against me when I say that you do," Erik replied, putting aside the new coffee maker. "I would have placed you among our students, to be honest. Then again, seeing such young teaching staff seem to be nothing out of the ordinary here, or sporting such remarkable hair, for that matter."

<Paige> "Well now there's three of us with this shade of pink. And I can't hold it against you too much. Styger nearly kicked me out of the teacher's lounge." She giggled. "...though Rachel isn't a teacher and Bobby isn't anymore..." She shrugged and got a mug down.

<Erik> "Oh, would you be so kind to get me a cup of coffee, as well? I'm afraid the machine here and I don't get along too well, which is why I ordered this little gem." Erik patted the new coffee maker by his side. "So, I assume that means Mr. Dra... Bobby is going to stay at the mansion?"

<Paige> "Sure thing!" She got him down a mug as well, pouring him a cup. Did they really let people teach who couldn't operate a coffee pot? "Well yeah... his family is here... though he'd have to actually get off my couch to go do something about that."

<Erik> "Ah, I see," Erik replied, smiling as she passed him the mug of coffee. "Thank you very much. Well, that's very generous of you. I know I can only speculate here, but I assume there is a lot tension between him and the rest of the residents at the moment, no?"

<Paige> "Is there? Why would there be? He's a super cool government super hero. I mean, I know things with Lorna..." She trailed off, sighing a bit. She was stuck between them too. She had to figure out a way to play match maker.

<Erik> Erik raised an eyebrow. "This is one way to put it, yes," he said, giving Paige a thoughtful look. "Did no one tell you about the circumstances that led to the loss of his professorship?"

<Paige> "Yeah yeah hit squad of doom." She waved her had dismissively, taking a sip of her coffee. "Did no one tell you of the awesome person that he is despite those circumstances?"

<Erik> "Oh, I'm quite sure history is full of examples where otherwise perfectly pleasant people turned to killing," Erik commented. "Still, I would not expect everyone to forget about the choice he made anytime soon."

<Paige> "So you want to vilify him? You don't even know him! All you know is what you've been told about him. Maybe if you were less judgmental and got to know him you'd figure out how great he really is. You didn't go to school here. You didn't watch your friends get taken year after year. Don't stand there and talk to me like you know anything about the situation."

<Erik> "I'm sorry if anything I said upset you, but nothing of it was meant to come off as judgment of any kind," Erik replied and sipped on his coffee, slightly taken aback by her strong reaction. "You will have to admit that it's highly unlikely everyone at this school will view the situation as you do."

<Paige> "I'm sorry... Bobby has always been there for me. And even now, when he is going through all this crap, he's still here to help me with my own crap. He's part of my family. You stick up for family. I trust you can appreciate that?" She eyed him a bit. She doubted it. Paige took another sip of her coffee.

<Erik> Erik bowed his head. "No need to apologize," he told her. "My comment was inconsiderate. As the new guy on campus, it's easy to forget that others here naturally are much more emotionally involved with these events."

<Paige> "Hey don't sweat it." She flashed him a smile. "I'm sure most people might agree with you. I just... it's Bobby..." Somebody she would still trust with her life.

<Erik> "I assume you've known him for quite some time then, am I right," Erik asked, taking another sip before cradling the hot mug between both hands.

<Paige> "We all started school together... Bobby, Lorna, Rachel..." Eve. "I fell out of touch for a few years due to some circumstances, but I'm so glad to be back now."

<Erik> "Ah, I see." The smile returned as Erik nodded. "With such history together, this place and its people certainly must be close to your heart. No doubt they'll regard your decision to return as an immense help. Especially during such troubled times."

<Paige> "I sure hope so. Everyone can use more smiles around here."

<Erik> He laughed. "I can see your class going to be one of the more popular ones," Erik said, raising his cup. "Don't let your students try to sell you a friendly smile to make up for missed assignments, however."

<Paige> "That's the joy of all in class assignments. They can't!" She giggled at him.
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

Post by Ferguson »

<Lorna> "You know, I cheat when I put these things together anyway but I still come across the fact that whoever writes the instructions for assembly furniture are the lowest of the low. They were children not only left behind but they weren't even on the list to arrive." Lorna groused, looking at the creature before her and wondering who in their right mind would suggest assembling the wheels first before the actual changing table.

<@Paige> Paige giggled at her as she admired Lorna's handiwork. "Everyone has useful powers and I'm still stuck with my super laaaame one." She pouted a bit.

<Lorna> "But hey, when you get a papercut you can turn it into awesome." Lorna came back with, grappling with plastic snappy bit C12 as it was supposed to attacked to D1 and it just...didn't. "I really hate this thing. It is the worst of things in the world and I don't understand why it's not edible because that's what it deserves."

<@Paige> "...go take it to Bobby and make him put it together!" The idea flew out of Paige's mouth before it had even properly processed. Well, she wanted them to talk didn't she?

<Lorna> "One, I don't know where he is right now and two, I'm fully capable and probably more equipt to put this together than he is. Plus he could have stayed here but he decided it would be better not to."

<@Paige> "He's possibly still hogging my couch, though he should be easier to find now with his gorgeous pink hair." Paige giggled a bit. "And I thought you'd like the nice punishment for him..." And damnit Bobby. She had told him to go back to Lorna.

<Lorna> "I bet that's quite something. So he decided not to go back to Pietro's then? Well, I guess we're in the same state this time." Lorna observed, finally getting the makings of the table to do her bidding. "I don't care about punishing him though."

<@Paige> "It is. Rachel actually did his hair and Bobby did mine... there was vodka involved." She worked on the crib mobile, putting it together. Putting baby things together was a lot harder on her than she thought it would be. "Well, what do you want to do to him then?"

<Lorna> She looked up, confused. "I don't want to do anything to him."

<@Paige> "Well... I uh... I got my paperwork in the mail. Signed. So I'll officially be a single lady soon. Just curious if you knew what you wanted to do yet."

<Lorna> "No." She answered just a bit shortly but sighed as she slapped another side of the table up. "Right now? Nothing's changed. Just because he's present doesn't mean anything's different."

<@Paige> Ouch. Poor Bobby. "Sorry... just want to help." She sighed a bit, setting her completed mobile aside. She wasn't sure her liver could support living with Bobby forever.

<Lorna> "You're fine, Paige, you certainly didn't do any of this." Lorna reached over, giving the mobile a flick and smiling. "Looks good!"

<@Paige> Paige grinned back at her. "Thanks! It's sure.... different." She glanced at the package. "Didn't know Star Wars was so popular."

<Lorna> "...so Texas is a giant rock people live under?"

<@Paige> Laughing again, Paige shook her head. "I'm sure there are plenty of nerdy Texans. I'm just not one of them."

<Lorna> "And obviously since you left your training has faded some." Lorna teased, going for the decorative parts of the table now. "But with Bobby...the divorce isn't about some kind of punishment or even just because I thought I wasn't going to ever see him again although that was a big....big part of it."

<Lorna> "I don't know the person who could have done that. I don't know the person I married anymore."

<@Paige> Paige looked over at her sadly. She knew that feeling all too well. How could she talk about giving him another chance when she hadn't given Eve one? It was worth a shot. "Lorna... he's still Bobby... and I can't tell you what to do by any means, but you should talk."

<@Paige> "Because somewhere under all that pink hair is the guy that you fell in love with."

<Lorna> "We'll talk but sometimes people just change, Paige. You know that as well as I do. I didn't say I wouldn't try, I said that right now that's what's still going to happen."

<Lorna> "And just because you love someone doesn't mean staying married is something you should do."

<@Paige> "I do know that, I know that better than nearly anyone. I also know that I'm really not one to be preaching about second chances, considering I'll never give Eve one..." But it was so different. She ran her hand through her pink hair. "Boys are stupid." she finally decided.

<Lorna> "And you probably shouldn't, it's best you keep away from him from what I gather." Lorna nodded, sure of that. "So, this looks stable, right?"

<@Paige> Paige eyed it carefully. "Maybe we should put a watermelon in it... to test it... and then you know... eat the melon." She gave Lorna a bit of a sad look. "The restraining order will stand that's for sure."

<Lorna> "Are watermelon the official artificial baby tester?" Lorna quite liked that...and she might colour hers to look like a ninja turtle.

<@Paige> "They are about the right size and weight kind of... and delicious. Though that sounds like we enjoy eating babies... Have to be sure to clarify that."

<Lorna> "Babies can be delicious. Meaty yet tender." She pointed out, getting up and heading for the fridge to get the watermelon.

<@Paige> Paige shuddered. "I'm glad I know you're joking!"

<Lorna> "How do you know I'm not just a very slow oven?"

<@Paige> "Because... uhhhh.... ewwwww!" Paige made a face. "You're just terrible!"

<Lorna> Lorna just laughed, cradling her watermelon. "I shall call you rump roast."

<Paige> "Well.. Rump Roast needs clothes on. You can't have a naked baby."

<Lorna> "Sure I can, it's a changing table after all." Lorna made her way over, plunking the watermelon down.

<Hope> Paige braced herself to see if it would collapse or hold. It held! "Hooray!"

<Lorna> "You see? I'm pretty awesome on my own still. So what else do we have to put together?"

<Hope> "Well we have the crib... so decorating?" Paige was hopeful.

<Lorna> "You are not, I repeat, not pinking this place up."

<Hope> Paige pouted at her. "Why not?!"

<Lorna> "You mean other than the fact that it's horrible?"

<Hope> "Are you telling me my hair is awful!?"

<Lorna> "I'm saying the colour in general is awful if you're going to surround me and a defenseless child with wall to wall pink. Your hair always looks nice. Clarice is our ultimate dose of pink, anything more than she has then it's too much."

<Hope> Paige gave her an exasperated sigh. "Fiiiiiine! But if you have a girl, I reserve the right to kidnap her for an outing with Auntie Paigey and dress her in pink for the day."

<Lorna> "Then I hope she throws up on you."

<Hope> Paige laughed at her happily. "She will loooove me. Babies love me!"

<Lorna> "I'm sure she will, but that doesn't mean she won't throw up on you." Lorna chuckled at her friend, sliding the table into place.

<Hope> "Well that's fair enough. I just hope it isn't a boy and it doesn't pee in our faces!" Paige laughed and stole the watermelon. "So... Roast Rump... it's time for your surgery. Now don't be scared... but I have to warn you that you have a 0% chance of living."
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Slarti »

<Bobby> Bobby rubbed furiously with the towel and straightened up. The mirror was a little fogged and he frowned, pulling the moisture from the air so he could see. He sighed and leaned closer. Nope. Still there.

<Paige> Paige headed into her room after her dance practice. She tossed her bag onto the bed and sat down to get her shoes off.

<Bobby> Picking up the bottle, he read the back... though it included mixing instructions. Fuck that. He climbed back into the shower to try again.

<Paige> Paige started at the sound of the water. "Bobby?" She knocked on the bathroom door.

<Bobby> Bobby vaguely heard a sound from the door between his muttering and his scrubbing. He paused, cocking his head to listen.

<Paige> "...Bobby?" Paige asked again, more concerned this time.

<Bobby> "...Paigey?" Shit, she was already back?

<Paige> Paige relaxed a bit. "Yeah it's me. Just making sure it was you."

<Bobby> He snorted. "No, it's the shower creeper." Well, he couldn't stay in here forever with her back. Fuck. She was going to kill him.

<Paige> "Eee! I will whack him with my gummy bears!" Paige giggled and moved to finish taking off her shoes.

<Bobby> Bobby laughed as he rinsed off, sticking his head under the water stream and alarmed that his hair felt... kind of sticky. That couldn't be good. Maybe he should just shave his head and start over?

<Paige> "I got us some more vodka and more gummies!"

<Bobby> "Ooo," he said distractedly as he got out and toweled off, again. He was laying off the drinking, too. It wasn't good for him, and he could heal. It definitely wasn't good for her.

<Paige> "I think the guy at the store was hitting on me... it was sooooo creepy!" She giggled and threw a sweatshirt on over her top.

<Bobby> "Who wouldn't, babe." Bobby called through the door, yanking on his jeans and a t-shirt. Socks were overrated, he decided

<Paige> "Weeeellllll yeah. But he was really old. Like 40!"

<Bobby> Bobby opened the door, wet hair slicked back tight against his head. Maybe he could escape without her noticing his... problem. He laughed, going to his bag. "That's ancient. You should have screamed and ran."

<Paige> "I might have." She admitted, going through some jelly beans. "I might also have giggled and walked off quickly... same thing right?"

<Bobby> "I believe so, in girl-speak," he chuckled, sitting on the pink sofa of doom. Maybe he was out of socks?

<Paige> Paige giggled at him and looked over at him. She slowly let her smile fade. "What happened to your hair?"

<Bobby> Bobby stopped rummaging and looked up at her. He put on his most innocent smile. "I washed it?"

<Paige> "Try again."

<Bobby> "I washed it like ten times?"

<Paige> "Robert Drake." Paige crossed her arms over her chest.

<Bobby> He cocked his head. "That's what my mother said."

<Paige> "Don't you dare lie to me!"

<Bobby> "She said that too." He sat up and pretended to study her. "Mom?"

<Paige> Paige narrowed her eyes at him and got up, going to inspect his hair.

<Bobby> Bobby sat stiffly, afraid if he moved she might attack. He clearly wasn't amusing her this time. "The bottle said 'color stripper.'"

<Paige> Paige smacked him (gently) on his head. "What is the matter with you!?"

<Bobby> "She asked me that, too." Bobby looked up at her and deflated a little. "I had lunch with my parents and Lorna."

<Paige> "And that gave you this idiotic idea?" Paige was far from amused. She prodded him to get up. She needed her lab for this mess.

<Bobby> He got up. "My dad called me a queer, my mother kept poking me and I got side-eye from Lorna." Though that probably didn't have anything to do with his hair, to be fair.

<Paige> Paige sighed and linked her arm with his. "I can try to fix it. In the future, don't touch my work!" She poked him with her free index finger.

<Bobby> "Well, technically, it was Rachel's work." Bobby patted her arm and gave up on the smartassery. "Thanks... I just... I don't want to give her any more reason to think I'm an idiot."

<Paige> "You know better than to mess with chemicals you don't understand." Paige sighed. She released him once she got to the lab and started hunting through her supplies, reading bottles.

<Bobby> "Yeah." Bobby found a chair and sat. "To say it didn't go well would be an understatement. My dad said he only came to make sure Lorna had filed the divorce papers."

<Paige> Paige cringed at that. "Ouch... some dad. Sounds about like my Mom. Maybe they should meet."

<Bobby> "The universe might implode." Bobby sighed. "Lorna basically told him she'd take care of her own mistakes. Not sure what that meant, but I can imagine it's nothing good."

<Paige> "Or you're reading too much into it?" Paige offered hopefully.

<Bobby> He shrugged. The image of her standing up to hug his mother kept replaying in his mind, the dress she wore clinging to the little bump of their baby. Bobby closed his eyes.

<Paige> Paige moved back to him, starting to work on his hair. "I wish I could help more."

<Bobby> "You've done plenty. It's my mess, anyway." Bobby leaned back into her touch a little.

<Paige> "If you say so." Paige massaged some more stuff into his hair.

<Bobby> "That smells good." Bobby wrinkled his nose and closed his eyes. "Better than that stuff I used, anyway."

<Paige> "I'm trying to keep your hair from falling out." She grumbled a bit.

<Bobby> "I could just shave it off." He shrugged one shoulder, shifting nervously in the chair. She still sounded pissed.

<Paige> "Nonsense. I can work miracles!" She smiled at him.

<Bobby> Bobby returned the smile, taking a deep breath and forcing himself to cheer up for her. "I believe you probably can, Paigey."

<Paige> "You can do better than probably!" She giggled at him and wiped off her hands, letting the conditioner set. "It would have been much easier to just tell me though."

<Bobby> "Yeah, well... nobody ever said I was smart." He made a face at her. "So, how was your day?"

<Paige> "My day was pretty good. Any day with new candy is good though."

<Bobby> "Candy makes everything better." Bobby sat and watched Paige, feeling the goop on his head slowly slide south. It tickled. He flailed a little, wanting to scratch.

<Paige> Paige caught the drip with her eyes and wiped it up with her finger. "Of course it does. Why do you think kids are so happy all the time?"

<Bobby> "And have to see the dentist so much." Bobby grinned at her in thanks. "So!" He wriggled again. "I suppose it wasn't a complete disaster. I got her to agree to go out to lunch with me. Just the two of us."

<Paige> "Yay! You got a date!" Paige squealed a bit, happily. She got to working with some more product in his hair. "Where are you going? What are you going to wear?"

<Bobby> "I'm not sure she would consider it a date," he said, though he felt like it was, in a way. He was nervous and excited and he might just puke. "I don't know and I don't know?"

<Paige> Paige scoffed at him. "Don't you worry Bobberz. I'll take care of your look."

<Bobby> He tipped his head back to look up at her. "Should I be worried?"

<Paige> "Oh Bobberz. You are going to look sooooo sexy!" Paige giggled at him.

<Bobby> Bobby laughed. "With melted pinkish hair." But he was nervous. In fact, his leg started to jump in time to the song stuck in his head. "But I have faith you'll fix it."

<Paige> "That's more like it." Paige smiled at him and rinsed out his hair. "Now, I need to dry it, and then I am going to recolor it. Hopefully you'll keep your hair. Because I'm magical!"

<Bobby> "Orange?" Bobby closed his eyes again at the water to the face. "Hmm. Green? That could be creepy, considering."

<Paige> Paige laughed at him and sighed. "No. It'll be close to your natural hair color, goof ball."

<Bobby> "Which iiiis?"

<Paige> "You don't know your natural hair color?"

<Bobby> "It has a name?"

<Paige> "Hmmm I'll have to look at my pallet to get you the name."

<Bobby> That made him laugh. "It's like... dirty blond, right? It's not really blond, it's not really brown... it's dirty." Bobby tipped his head back again and gave her a filthy grin. "I'm a dirty boy."

<Paige> Paige laughed at him and shook her head. "Alright Romeo. I was thinking it'd have a cuter name than that, but yes, dirty blonde is typically what it is called." She smiled down at him, then got to drying his hair.

<Bobby> Yup, he still won at making her giggle. He grinned to himself and let her fuss with his hair, listening to the drone of the dryer. Then he realized he could totally save her the time.

<Bobby> "Hey, turn it off." He twisted in the chair to look at her.

<Paige> Paige turned it off, giving him a puzzled look. "What? Why?"

<Bobby> Bobby wriggled his eyebrows at her and concentrated for a moment, drawing out the water. He ran both hands through his now-dry hair and had to admit it felt better. Still kinda weird, but all soft. Like a girl's. Hmm.

<Paige> Paige touched his hair again, then grinned. "Now if you can do that to my hair in the morning I'll be impressed!" She went to mix up some hair color.

<Bobby> "Well, I could, but I suppose that puts me even closer to my new career as a gay hairdresser." He followed her, since he had nothing else to do, and hovered.

<Paige> "You are still an important step away from that career though."

<Bobby> "Last I checked." Bobby leered at her playfully and then set his chin on her shoulder to see how long it took before he annoyed her into giggles again.

<Paige> It took all of five seconds for her to twist to get her shoulder free, falling into a fit of giggles. "Bobby!"

<Bobby> "Paigey!"

<Paige> "That tickles!"

<Bobby> "Oh, if that tickles, I should apply my full talents." Bobby waggled his eyebrows at her again and made grabby hands.

<Paige> "Eeee!" Paige ducked, trying to escape the tickle monster!

<Bobby> Bobby laughed and backed off, leaning against the table again to watch her finish her mixing. That was way too much fun.

<Paige> "You are evil!" Paige laughed at him, daring to go back for her mixing bowl. "And soon you will be sunkissed brown!"

<Bobby> "Ha! That's the name?" He moved in again to stare at the bowl of goop.

<Paige> Paige giggled at him before he even got close to her. "Yep. That's the name!"

<Bobby> "I love that giggle, babe." He snickered, edging back to let her finish. Sunkissed brown needed to look halfway decent, after all.

<Paige> "Well that's a good thing since you make me giggle all the time." She stuck her tongue out at him.

<Bobby> Bobby gave her a bright smile. She really did do wonders for cheering him up.

<Paige> Paige giggled at him again and moved back over to him, prepping him for the dye. "Well, I'm glad I can make you smile too."

<Bobby> "We are the most excellent of crap buddies," he nodded, getting back into position for her.

<Paige> Paige kissed his forehead from her spot over him and smiled. "You bet we are!" She slid her gloves on and got to coloring his hair.

<Bobby> His smile grew even bigger at that. "A-men." He made a horrified face when the cold color started seeping against his scalp again. This was happening way too much lately.

<Paige> She giggled again as she saw his face. "That look is oddly adorable."

<Bobby> "That's me all over, babe. Oddly adorable." Bobby tipped his head back and gave her a kissy face.

<Bobby> After a few minutes of color application weirdness, and him shifting uncomfortably, he sighed. "Let's just hope Lorna thinks so, too."

<Paige> "I hope she does too." Paige told him sadly. "I mean, 50 percent of marriages end in divorce... so between the two of us, yours should be safe in theory."

<Bobby> "....thanks?" Bobby's face this time was far less oddly adorable.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Slarti »

<Paige> Paige sat at her vanity in her room, staring at her face in the mirror. She was dressed up and done up, ready to go out externally, but she just sat there.

<Bobby> Singing, badly, Bobby practically jogged down the hall to Paige's room. As thrilled as he was to be getting a chance -- she still loves me, this can still work! -- he hated to leave Paige alone. "I've waited here for you, eeeverlong..."

<Bobby> They didn't really knock anymore, since he'd become a constant fixture in her life for the last five weeks or so. Bobby went into her room -- good, she was home! "Hey, Paigey! Cooome down, and waste away with meee," he continued the old song.

<Paige> She jumped at the suddenly Bobby, automatically smiling without a thought. "What are you singing?" She fidgeted with her earring. To wear or not to wear them?

<Bobby> "Foo Fighters." He grinned. "It's a love song." Considering this, he shrugged. "More or less." Bobby swept over to her and tapped her nose with his finger. "How are you?"

<Paige> Her smile faltered at the touch. She couldn't lie to her crap buddy. "I don't know." She admitted. She glanced back at the mirror.

<Bobby> "Aww, Paigey... what's wrong?" He pulled over her fluffy pink ottoman and sat down beside her.

<Paige> "I have a date. Why did I agree to this?" Paige looked back at Bobby.

<Bobby> "You have a date? Well... that's good!" Bobby took in her expression and wrinkled his nose. "Right?"

<Paige> "I don't know!" She laughed at him and rested her elbow on the vanity, propping her face up with her fist. "I thought so at the time... but now?"

<Bobby> "Just not ready?" He reached over and rubbed her upper arm comfortingly. "I mean... it doesn't have to be a big thing, right? Just tell yourself it's just for fun and no pressure." Or, she could cancel it, he thought. "Who is it, anyway?"

<Paige> "Collin Roberts.... I met him in town. He was really cute and sweet and I just couldn't say no."

<Bobby> "Ew, never trust a Robert." Bobby leaned into her line of sight and winked, trying to cheer her up.

<Paige> Paige smiled at him, taking his hand to squeeze it. She remembered that she had dressed him in that outfit. Her eyes also caught sight of something metal on his skin. "Where did you get those?" She reached for the tags to look at them.

<Bobby> Oh... He'd been so excited to tell her, but now... "They're mine." Bobby grinned, unable to hide his happiness completely. "I got them back from Lorna."

<Paige> Paige squealed and threw her arms around him for a hug. "Yay!"

<Bobby> "Yeah! So... it didn't go... terrible!" Bobby returned the hug. In fact, he felt like doing more than that, so he took the chance to sweep her up from her chair, hooking an arm under her legs and gave her a spin.

<Paige> "Eeeee!" Paige held onto him tightly as she was spun around, laughing at him.

<Bobby> "I think it was your sunkissed brown. Swept her right off her feet." He laughed, finally sitting her down on her feet with a kiss to her forehead. It was the perfect level for it, so it begged to be done.

<Paige> Paige laughed at him then looked up at him. "So... spill! What happened?!"

<Bobby> "Well, I told her I didn't want a divorce." He sighed. "We... argued a little... then we talked... it's not fixed. She says... well she says she doesn't know me anymore." It still depressed him, that she thought he was some kind of monster.

<Bobby> "But she said she still loves me." Bobby's smile at that was wide and bright.

<Paige> "Well... it's not perfect, but it's a start right?!" Paige hugged him tightly.

<Bobby> "It is! And it's more than I'd hoped for." He hugged her again. "She's... moving back to the boathouse." Bobby pulled back enough to look Paige in the eyes. "She asked me to move back in with her."

<Paige> Without missing a beat, Paige smiled for him and hugged him back so she could take a moment to compose herself. She knew this day would come, but she wasn't excited to be by herself again. By the time she pulled back she was all smiles again. "This is the best news I've heard in ages!"

<Bobby> He'd seen the flash of... something... in her eyes. Bobby returned the hug, chewing his lip. Poor Paigey. "It is! But yours is too! A date's good!"

<Paige> Paige smiled softly, nodding a bit. "Yeah... dates are good right? Just... what if he's crazy? Or a jerk? Or boring?"

<Bobby> "Well, boring you can just escape from. Like... text me or something and I'll call you with a pressing emergency!" Bobby smirked and cracked his knuckles. "And if he's a jerk... I can take care of that for you, too."

<Paige> There was more giggling and Paige hugged him again, pressing her head against his chest. "Too bad you can't like, go hide in the restaurant."

<Bobby> Bobby held her, petting her hair a little. "Be your bodyguard?"

<Paige> Paige grinned at that. "You'd be the best bodyguard!"

<Bobby> "I would," he nodded. "Because I could shrink his assets at a hundred paces if he so much as looked at you wrong."

<Paige> Paige laughed happily at him and stood on her tip toes to kiss his cheek. "So you help me survive this date and I'll help you pack your things when we get back?"

<Bobby> "It's a date, within your date." Bobby laughed. He cast a glance over at the pink monstrosity. "You know... I'm gonna miss that thing."

<Paige> "What thing?" She gave him a puzzled expression.

<Bobby> "The pink palace over there." He nodded at the sofa.

<Paige> "Well you can always come take a nap on it."

<Bobby> "I might have to take you up on that." Bobby chuckled and shook his head. "Nah, I don't think I'd be visiting for the sofa, Paigey." He reached over and tapped her nose again.

<Paige> She wrinkled her nose at him and grinned. "Well you can come visit me anytime."
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Clint: Clint fired arrow after arrow at the target. The center was already blown out so he'd picked a new spot to attack. His dad had decided to punish him for, well whatever he wanted clint didn't pay attention to the excuses anymore.

LadyLoki: In the interests of showing more involvement with the school since he decided to stay, Lukas had agreed to go on this recruitment trip after getting back to the school. In the interests of keeping everyone on their toes and boredom, he had shifted forms and was currently a young woman. Leaning back against the seat, she looked out the window and out over the world below. "Where are we? It looks like the middle of Farmtown, Nowhere."

Wither: Kevin glanced out of the window for the nth time. He resisted asking when they would arrive. It was better than sneaking glances at Lukas who had transformed himself into a woman. It was unnerving. He resisted asking about that too, since it was very un pc, he assumed. "Agreed," he finally said, scratching at his burnt skin under his clothes.

Paige: Paige twirled in her seat, and nearly shrieked at the suddenly woman. "I'll never get used to that..." She muttered.

Angel: Angel fussed with her old uniform and didn't look out the window. It reminded her of Nebraska, which reminded her of Scott.

LadyLoki: Lukas smirked and held her chin up. She did so enjoy keeping the others on their toes. This was just one of the easier and more natural ways of causing a bit of mischief ", I'm sure I'll get bored of this form soon. Someone I knew once told me that practicing was the best way of getting a handle on my shifting though."

Paige: "Well that's true enough. I shift in a different way, and practice really is the only way." Paige smiled at Lady Lukas.

Wither: "Handle something," Kevin muttered under his breath, steadfastly not looking. "Are we there yet?" he asked louder.

LadyLoki: Looking at Kevin with wide innocent eyes, Lukas blinked ", what was that, Mr Ford? I'm not sure I heard that first bit."

Clint: Clint kept it until he was out of breath. "Fucking bastard."

Wither: "I'm sure you didn't," Kevin replied mildly. "Shapeshifting is very cool. Much cooler than what I got." He scratched at his arm.

LadyLoki: "Well yes, it is. But all powers have their place," she winked at him.

Paige: Paige shuddered just a bit. That was unnerving!

Wither: "Not all." He scratched some more. Lukas was seriously creepy.

Angel: Angel flicked her wings, watching the exchange. "Not used to shapeshifters yet, no? We've had several over the years. It's an interesting power."

Wither: "Never seen one before. I think."

Angel: "That you know of," Angel grinned at the poor sunburned kid.

LadyLoki: "It's not my primary ability but it is the easiest to mess around with. The probability thing is a little....chaotic sometimes," she shrugged ", to be honest I'd rather not mess about with it while in the air." Lukas' nose wrinkled. Confident in her abilities but still not willing to risk her own ass.

Wither: Kevin suddenly sat up. He unbuckled himself and ran for the bathroom to be able to scratch in privacy. The peeling burn itched and the rash wasn't helping. "I'll just stay in the jet, y'all," he said as he scrambled past.

LadyLoki: Jerking back as Kevin ran by, Lukas raised an eyebrow ", I think he's gone to scratch himself all over." She looked to the two teachers in the front ", so, ladies, Miss Ladies, are we there yet?"

Paige: Paige shot Angel a look. "If I had a quarter..."

Angel: "We should start charging. Extra if they kick the seats," she giggled.

Paige: Paige giggled at her friend. "10 bucks for that!"

LadyLoki: "Do you honestly want to hand me more fuel," she asked with a cheeky grin.

Angel: Angel looked at the controls and the instructions. She wasn't entirely comfortable with this AI piloting program Darren had built in to the jet. "Allora, I think we are almost there... if we can find a spot to put it down."

Paige: "So yes... We are nearly there." Paige grinned back at the shapeshifter.

LadyLoki: Lukas smirked at Paige and then looked out the window ", I'd say pick a field you think will look good with a crop circle and set her down."

Paige: "Ohhh can we make it a pretty crop circle?"

Angel: "We'll see, si?" Angel punched in the appropriate codes and took as much control as the AI would allow to land. "Hold on... I've never done this before."

Paige: "Wheee! Adventure!!!" Paige buckled up.

LadyLoki: Lukas frowned and buckled in, sitting back. "That's a very reassuring thing to say," she announced and did not agree with the shriek of adventure at all. Not one bit.

Angel: Angel crossed her fingers when the jet set down and then let out a string of relieved, unintelligible Italian when it bumped to a stop.

Paige: "Eeeeeee everyone alright?!" Paige looked around to be sure.

Clint: Clint stared at the Jet that just touched down. "What the fuck....." He dropped the arrow he's just knocked.

LadyLoki: Looking around, Lukas let go of her seat and took a deep breath ", I'm good, we're down, right? Safely on the ground?"

Paige: "Down and good. Excellent job, Angel!" Paige patted her pilot.

Angel: Angel opened her eyes and unbuckled, standing up and buzzing her wings once. "I believe we have his attention," she said, looking out the front window. She'd wave, but he wouldn't see it. "We're very subtle, si?"

Paige: "Who needs subtle?" Paige was already heading out of the plane.

Clint: Clint wondered if he should call 911 or just let them crush the crops.

LadyLoki: Unbuckling herself, Lukas spared a glance for the bathroom and then headed towards the exit of the plane as well ", if it's just his attention we have then I'd be truly impressed." She pushed her hair out of her face and frowned out a nearby window ", does he have a bow?"

Angel: "He does have a bow." Angel hit the button to open the hatch and looked around. "So, who's arrow-proof?"

Clint: Clint stared at the weird looking plane. "Who the hell is coming here... It's the middle of nowhere Iowa."

Paige: "Cool I want a bow!" Paige was already off the plane and waving at Clint.

Angel: "Never mind. She can be, if she wants." Angel lifted off and buzzed after Paige.

Clint: "I.... is there a reason you landed in our corn."

Paige: "Your corn? Oh sorry!!! There wasn't a better landing spot. Hello!!!"

LadyLoki: "Well I can put up a shield or turn the arrows to something else," she shrugged and then ran off after her teachers. The school was full of crazy people and she was now one of them. When they approached, she eyed the young man warily.

Clint: "In front of the Barn? The field....." Clint stopped when he noticed the girl flying.

Paige: "Weeeeeellll newbie pilot. But it's totally fine she landed it great! I'm Professor Guthrie." She giggled. Professor...

Clint: "Okay my bow snapped back and hit me in the face.... I'm unconscious on the ground somewhere...."

LadyLoki: "You don't look like you're on the ground at all," Lukas smirked at him ", these two are professors. Just very enthusiastic teachers." She shrugged and looked at the two women.

Angel: "I'm Professora Salvatore," Angel said, setting down beside Paige. "Mi dispiace tanto... sorry about the corn. We are, ah, here to offer you a proposition."

Clint: "What?" He stared at Angel, confused for more than one reason.

Angel: Angel looked him over. Young, scared... was that a black eye? "You are a mutant. We can offer you help, a home, an education, a chance to be with other mutants. And it's free. Good deal, si?"

Clint: "What's the catch." He stepped back a little still holding his bow.

LadyLoki: Stepping forward a bit, Lukas smiled ", there really isn't one. Trust me, I would know."

Clint: "And I'm not a mutant. I can't do anything special."

Angel: "Our boss says you are." Angel looked him over again. He certainly wasn't obvious. "Are you sure?"

Clint: "I've been normal all my life. Pretty sure I'd notice something different about myself."

Paige: "Weeellll maybe it hasn't manifested yet?" Paige suggested.

LadyLoki: "Maybe it's something subtle," Lukas suggested. She was studying the young man and taking in his general shakey appearance.

Clint: "Maybe I'm just a normal farm boy. Different doesn't happen around here often. And the last time it did it was bad."

Paige: "He wouldn't have sent us to you if you weren't a mutant." Paige tried to reason with him.

LadyLoki: "You know, I've heard sometimes oppression can keep someone from manifesting. Or even that they do and just don't notice it," Lukas moved closer ", what do you think?" She smirked at Clint.

Clint: Clint raised an eyebrow. "Huh?"

Angel: "Oh, it does. I know another Midwest farm boy who can blow a hole through a mountain with his eyes, si?" Angel looked down at the bow then to the target. She noticed the bullseye. "You did that?" She pointed.

Clint: "I do that everyday. It's practice. Only thing that keeps me out of a full days worth of chores."

Paige: "But... you didn't miss... any of them..." Paige was amazed.

Clint: "I don't miss. That's why I practice. So I don't miss."

Paige: "But even great marksmen miss, even just a little." Paige inspected his target.

Angel: "But people miss sometimes, no matter how much they practice."

LadyLoki: "Are you sure you don't miss because of the practice or do you just....not miss," she asked and went to study the targets, touching the arrows.

Clint: "I practice. A LOT. My dad makes sure of it. If you want a demonstration I can show you." He lifted his bow up.

LadyLoki: Lukas stepped back away from the target at the sound of 'demonstration'. She had no intention of getting accidentally skewered even if she could probably stop the arrow.

Paige: Paige put a gummy bear on her head. "Shoot the gummy!"

Clint: Clint grinned. "Is that all you've got?" He knocked an arrow.

Paige: Paige grinned... then covered her eyes. She couldn't watch. She was so going to die.

Clint: Clint took aim and easily took the gummy bear off her hear and nailed it to the target. "Next?"

Paige: Paige dared to peep. "Oh my gosh you're so awesome!"

LadyLoki: Looking between the two of them, one of Lukas' eyes twitched. She'd seen a lot but she'd never seen a woman not being mind controlled cheerfully volunteer for death by headshot. She wondered vaguely if the headmaster knew. Watching the gummy go sailing into the target, her eyes widened.

Paige: "There's no way a normal marksman could make that... you are totally a mutant! And a very cool one at that!"

Clint: "You've never been to a gun show have you? Stationary target, easy hit. Moving are harder. But the remington spokesman is regular old joe and he hits eggs that the audience throws at any time."

Paige: "Hmmmm... shoot these!" Paige got a handful of gummy bears and threw them in the air.

LadyLoki: Lukas held up a hand, a soft green glow coming from them and then held out a crystal dagger ", using these."

Clint: Clint stared at the crystal dagger. "I...."

LadyLoki: "From the way you said it, you've shot guns and your bow. Try throwing daggers."

Clint: "You gonna give me more than one..." He took the dagger and tested it's weight for a second.

LadyLoki: She held out several more, smiling.

Clint: "Don't move your hand." He looked at Paige. "Got more candy?"

Paige: "Yay!" Paige got ready to toss more gummy bears. "Let me know when you're ready! I have lots!"

LadyLoki: Lukas held her hand steady and watched him, eyes focused.

Clint: "Whenever's fine." He waited a second and when she threw them and split them in the air.

LadyLoki: "Wow. Yeah that, have you practiced with crystal daggers before? Because that was pretty amazing."

Clint: "Just had to gauge the weight. They're not perfect but they're not off."

Paige: "You still want to argue that it's all about practice and no mutation?"

Clint: "I do. Because I don't like my talents being questioned. All I do that's of any worth is this."

Paige: "That doesn't mean what you do is any less amazing, Clint. It makes it even more amazing."

LadyLoki: "I've never met anyone that could do that. That just means you should be more proud," she sighed a bit. "What can we do to make you change your mind?"

Clint: "You know really... I don't care. Just get me out of here." He gave her a smile.

Paige: Paige grinned. "Great! Do you need to grab some clothes and things from the house?"

Clint: "If I go in there I'm probably not coming out without another one of these." He pointed at his eye. "I can buy stuff later. Well unless they freeze my bank account....."

LadyLoki: Lukas smiled and held an arm out to the plane ", then after you. I'm sure we can find something at the school to hold you over until you can buy something."

Paige: "You want me to go in there? I can whack them real good if they try to hit you." Paige pushed her sleeves up. "Oh right, or that. To the plane!"

Clint: "Cool." Clint smiled and let himself be led to the plane by the women. Definitely a great way to recruit people. He eyed the women with his peripheral vision.