Summer 2015: Bobby

Check out what goes on between semesters here!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Re: Summer 2015: Bobby

Post by Slarti »

<Paige> Paige stepped out of her (admittedly very cold) shower. After towel drying herself off a bit, she wrapped up in her bath robe and inspected her hair in the mirror. Bobby hadn't done a half bad job. It looked alright. Well, it would do at least. She sighed and dryed her hair before staggering back into her bedroom.

<Bobby> For his part, Bobby was already half asleep on the sofa, socked feet propped up on the arm since he was a little too tall for the thing. When he tried to lie down, he'd discovered the back of his t-shirt was spotted with wet, pink splotches and so had yanked it off. He'd find a replacement in a minute.

<Bobby> ...after just a few minutes to relax.

<Bobby> The room was spinning again.

<Paige> Paige paused to look at him. She remembered him being a scrawny kid. There was nothing scrawny about him now. He was built. The guy had to work out a lot. She gripped the door frame as her head started to spin. She made a (zigzagged) line for the toilet just in time.

<Bobby> The unpleasant retching sound finally cut through his fog and he sat up. "Paige?" Oh... sitting up was a mistake.

<Paige> "I'm fine..." She called. Nope. Not fine. She was sick again.

<Bobby> "Yeah, bullshit," he muttered, hauling himself off the sofa and gripping it for a moment until his head stopped spinning. Bobby made it as fast as he could into the bathroom and crouched beside her.

<Bobby> He fought the urge to yak himself then.

<Paige> Paige just gave him a pitiful look as she flushed. "You look about how I feel." She noted.

<Bobby> "Yeeeah." Bobby squeezed his eyes closed, instead of watching the contents of the bowl swirl.

<Paige> Paige eased back onto her bottom, hiding her face in her hands.

<Bobby> Bobby opened one eye to look at her and shifted to sit down himself, resting on his foot in the cramped space. "You feel any better now?"

<Paige> "No." She muttered. "And I'm a horrible person too."

<Bobby> "Because you puked?" Bobby snorted, leaning his head back to rest against the vanity. He closed his eyes and concentrated, working on filtering some of the booze out of his system. Sober was bad, but too drunk to help her was bad too.

<Paige> "The paperwork came in today. Already." She moved to lay down on the cool tile, then realized Bobby was Iceman. She rested her head against his lap.

<Bobby> "Oh." Paperwork. Sober was really bad. Bobby stopped his efforts with a sigh and then froze when he felt Paige shift into his lap. "I'm sorry, Paigey." He relaxed a little. She was super drunk, sick, upset... he smoothed her hair back and laid his hand on her forehead, cooling his skin.

<Paige> Paige sniffled a bit from his lap. "I just didn't expect it to be this soon... or this hard."

<Bobby> "Yeah... I know that feeling." He petted her hair a little. Goddamn that was pink.

<Paige> Paige shut her eyes. "I don't think I can do this."

<Bobby> "You can." He kept petting, thinking the same thoughts himself, but... it was a totally different situation. Right? "It sounded like Eve turned into a whacko and you shouldn't have to be tied to that."

<Bobby> But that's what Lorna thinks of you, too. Bobby bit down hard on the inside of his lip.

<Paige> Paige sat up a bit, wiping a stray tear from her face. "Would it be ok if you slept next to me just for tonight? I just... I can't..." She she hid her face in her hands again.

<Bobby> He hadn't abused Lorna, he hadn't... but he'd lied. Hidden things from her. Undermined her authority. Isn't that just as bad? Bobby let out an unsteady breath, his hand on her hair pausing.

<Paige> Paige didn't bother to stop herself from crying. In just a few weeks she had completely cut the love of her life out of her life. And it had been great at first, to be free, but suddenly it didn't feel so great. It hurt. Despite what Eve had done, he had always loved her and she hadn't even given him a chance to fix it.

<Bobby> Fuck. Bobby felt ill-equipped to deal with a crying woman when he was pretty fucking close to tears himself. He made soothing shushing sounds at her and leaned over her to try to see her face. "It's okay, Paige. I... I know how much it sucks." He licked his lips.

<Bobby> Sighing, he moved his hand to her arm, trying to soothe her.

<Paige> "I'm sorry... I know you're going through crap too. You make this a little bit easier to deal with." She admitted through her tears.

<Bobby> "It's okay..." Making his decision, he gathered her up, only then realizing she wasn't wearing anything under that robe. Bobby cast his eyes skyward and got up, kicking down the toilet seat and sitting her down. "Tell me where to get you something to wear and I'll get it for you, yeah?"

<Paige> She nodded a bit. "Dresser... bottom left drawer." She looked down at the floor, wondering who chose that tile anyway.

<Bobby> He shuffled into the room and found her pajamas, trying really hard to not think about that he was rummaging around in a woman's lingerie drawer. Bobby brought her the clothes, put them on her lap and headed for the door. "I'll wait right outside, okay?"

<Bobby> He glanced back at her to make sure she wasn't going to pass out or puke again.

<Paige> Paige nodded, not looking up. She waited for the door to close before she carefully got dressed. She managed to not throw up again and headed back to the door, keeping ahold of the counter to guide her. She paused at the door, eying her bed. So far away... why couldn't she teleport?

<Bobby> Bobby had noticed his phone blinking from the table near the sofa and shuffled over to pick it up, checking his messages.

<Bobby> He made a noise and threw it at the sofa. "All done?" Bobby turned back toward Paige and winced. "Stay put. Don't... pass out. Or puke. Either. Or both." Shit. "Just don't move."

<Paige> She slumped against the door frame, trying to make the room go level again. It didn't work.

<Bobby> Sprinting the short distance half drunk wasn't a smart idea, but he caught Paige and picked her up, carrying her to her bed and carefully laying her down in the middle.

<Paige> Paige stared up at the ceiling, then shut it out by closing her eyes and reaching for her blankies. "Thank you Bobby... you're the beeeeeeeeeest." She yawned a bit.

<Bobby> "Sure." He smiled a little and helped her with the blanket, then realized something. "Hold that thought." Bobby fetched her a trash can.

<Paige> She opened her eyes to watch him, then smiled. "You've done this a time or two."

<Bobby> "Yeah, or two." Bobby sat on the edge of her bed and reached over to squeeze her hand. "You'll feel better in the morning. Promise."

<Paige> Paige nodded and closed her eyes again. "Ok... night night Bobby."

<Bobby> Bobby just smiled at her again and let go, heading back to the sofa. He threw himself down with a huff and dug his phone from beneath him, staring at the message from his mother. This... this was bad.

<Paige> Paige covered her head with the covers and tried to cry herself to sleep as quietly as possible.

<Bobby> Bobby wasn't deaf. Years of listening to a wife who mumbled Tom Waits songs in her sleep had trained him well. With a sigh, he got up and went over to her bed.

<Bobby> Tucking the covers around her, he laid down behind her and held her. "This didn't happen either, babe."
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

What's sadder... her or him? It's hard to tell.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Curt: Curt saw Professor Drake walking down the hall and stopped short. "Professor Drake!" he called out.

Curt: He hustled over from his place further down the hall towards the teacher.

Bobby: Bobby stopped, and turned. "You don't have to call me that, Curt. Just Bobby."

Curt: "Uh... okay. Warning now though, it'll be hard to not do that. I have a couple questions for you." He adjusted his glasses, they had bounced further down his nose when he had jogged down the hall. Now his satchel was all uncomfortable too. He adjusted that as well.

Bobby: "Fair enough." Bobby watched Curt fidget and fuss with himself, amused and reminded of himself, but worried now what fresh hell he was in for. "What's on your mind?" He leaned against a nearby wall table, crossing his arms.

Curt: "Well, next year after I graduate, I'm looking to be a teacher." he said. "Mutant Physiology, animal plants and sciences, maybe bio-tech? But I have a couple questions on conduct first"

Bobby: "And you're using me as a study of what not to do?" He snorted.

Curt: "Actually, yes." He said rather factually. "But not just that. I'm currently dating Laura, and I'm worried about being a teacher aaand... dating a student. She's a freshman now."

Bobby: Bobby smothered a smirk. "Yeah, I guess I could see that one being iffy. I guess if it's an existing relationship before you're promoted to teacher..." He shrugged. "That'd be a question for Xavier though."

Curt: "See, Professor Guthrie seems like a pretty nice lady. She said the same thing, but I wasn't totally sure. She's new, y'know? You met her, right?"

Bobby: "She and I were students together." He shifted his weight a little, not sure he felt like telling this kid he was occupying her sofa. "Paige is the nicest lady you'll ever meet."

Curt: "I could see that." He added with a smirk. "Also -- You don't think the Lizard could be a problem, do you? I mean... Mutant school so that's that but, how do you keep something like a split personality away from the classroom?"

Bobby: Bobby tilted his head. "You've met Wade, right?"

Curt: Curt laughed. "Point taken, thanks." He nodded. "Alright, so that's not going to be an issue, awesome. My last question is... sort of not really a question so much as a statement." He wasn't sure what he was doing saying this, but he knew the Lizard in him was teething at the bit.

Bobby: "Okay?" Bobby wondered if now was the pronouncement of his villainy and braced himself slightly.

Curt: "Thank you for keeping Laura alive, despite everyone around your group's best efforts to see that wasn't the case" He said flatly.

Bobby: Yep. There it was. "Yeah."

Curt: "No. Seriously. Considering, in my opinion, her being a part of the group was completely backtracking any progress she had made coming to the school, I'm going to thank you anyways because she came back alive."

Curt: "What you did? Was wrong. But... understandable. In Nature, it's unreal to think you can escape your predators simply by constantly running. Every prey on earth develops a defense. Usually, this defense is meant to kill."

Bobby: "Getting her, or any of the younger students, involved was a mistake. She was... uniquely qualified to help and she was given a choice about whether she wanted to help or not." He sighed.

Bobby: "But the whole thing was a clusterfuck. None of it happened the way it should have."

Bobby: "Hell, it probably shouldn't have happened at all in the first place," he snorted.

Curt: "Y'can say that again, mate." Curt looked over his glasses at Bobby. "And for the record, Lizard has been babbeling about competing mates, something to do with the Other Professor Drake. If you see him going on about this, do yourself a favor and ignore it."

Bobby: "Wait, what?" Bobby wasn't as confused by this as he should have been.

Curt: "He thinks there's another guy. Competing mates, it's Lizard talk. Whatever it is, it'll only up the paranoia, just ignore it. I try to stay out of stuff, but... Lizard is what Lizard is, y'know..."

Bobby: "Competing mates." Bobby repeated it, gnawing the corner of his lip.

Curt: "Like I said... ignore it. It's pointless riddles. He sees everything as... all id. Food, mate, shelter. He sees her, smells anyone else new? Assumes it's a new mate."

Bobby: "Yeah." That Lensherr guy. Bobby ran his hand through his hair and shifted again.

Curt: Curt looked up. "Can I ask you a personal question?"

Bobby: "Sure," he said, still lost in thought. Dark thoughts. Bad, dark thoughts ending with ice in bad, dark places.

Curt: "The hell is up with your hair, mate? It's pink." He looked to Bobby with uneven brows. "Did you know this? I feel like you visited a cosmetology teacher recently..." His eyes became shifty.

Bobby: "It's Paige's favorite color. She's practicing." Bobby snapped out of his paranoia and looked at Curt again. "There was vodka involved."

Curt: "I'm sure there was... Looks like it was a necessary element, even." he said pointing to the very pink hair.

Bobby: "Definitely." Bobby sighed. And he would get to see his parents with it. Yay.

Curt: "Anyways, Bobby-" took him a second to say that without the Professor before it. "I have to go. Bugs to catch, species to classify, you know the drill I'm sure. Thanks for the help. Try not to stress out too much, most female species in Nature return to an original mate after brief separation. Unless… y'know... original mate is killed by a contender." Curt shrugged.

Curt: "I don't know who could kill you but... not likely. So you're good. Chin up, whatever. Bye." He continued his way down the hall and then up the stairs.

Bobby: Bobby watched him go, a bemused expression warring with a worried one on his face. "Bye?"
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Slarti »

<Maddie> "....but I just don't understand what pink would have to do with training?" Maddie just couldn't stop fussing with her son's hair as they walked into the restaurant. It was so... bright.

<Bobby> For his part, Bobby barely stopped himself from jerking away for the third time since they'd gotten out of the car. "Well, not mine... there's a new teacher and it was practice for... nevermind."

<Bill> Bill frowned. "You look like a queer."

<Bobby> Bobby returned his father's frown, but didn't answer.

<Maddie> "Bill!" She looked at her husband with astonishment.

<Bill> "What? He does. Look at him. Next he'll be wanting to wear makeup and dresses."

<Bobby> "Yeah, you're right. I'm gay as fucking gay can be, dad."

<Maddie> "Bobby! Language!"

<Lorna> Already inside the restaurant, Lorna poked at the complimentary appetizer, not actually eating it but at least it was something to fiddle with while she was waiting and trying to work out how to actually act during this meeting. This...was just not going to be fun.

<Bill> Bill glared when he saw a familiar hair color. "This is all that green haired freak's fault. She turned him gay."

<Bobby> Bobby moved in front of his parents when he spotted the familiar hair as well. He lost momentum as he got closer though, all his fears coming back in spades. She'd agreed to this, but it didn't mean anything... did it?

<Maddie> "Lorna, dear!" She elbowed Bill on her way past him and went straight to the younger woman to give her a hug.

<Lorna> "Hi!" Lorna grinned wide as she saw Maddie hurrying towards her, getting up to give her the hug and look at the others coming up behind the woman. "Hello, hello. How was your trip up here?"

<Maddie> "Oh, it was a long flight..." She rolled her eyes toward Bill and after the hug held Lorna at arm's length to look at her. "How are you, dear? My, you're coming right along, aren't you?" She smiled brightly. She was going to be a grandmother! Finally!

<Bill> "Coming right along indeed. You get those divorce papers sorted yet? Sooner you get this... mistake handled, the sooner Bobby can find him a nice human wife."

<Bobby> Bobby had been speechless since seeing Lorna stand up. Not that he'd been avoiding her... but he'd totally been avoiding her. Seeing her like this... she had a clear bump. Knowing this was his wife, his child, and he could barely be in the same room with her...

<Bobby> He rounded on his father. "You! You shut the fuck up," he hissed, trying to keep his voice low, but enough was fucking enough.

<Lorna> "Don't worry, Bill, I'm sure we can handle any mistakes there are on our own time." Lorna just smiled at the bastard, motioning to their table. "Shall we then?" She didn't wait for them, getting right back to her chair.

<Bobby> Bobby gave Lorna a sticken look. This... so, so sucked.

<Bill> Bill ignored his son. "Good. My son deserves better than a green haired freak.... even if he does look like a queer."

<Maddie> "Now what did we talk about, Bill?" Maddie took her husband's elbow and gave him an earful as she pulled him to a chair.

<Bobby> Bobby sat beside Lorna, literally the closest he'd been to her for months. He tried to smile at her. "Hey. Sorry about my dad."

<Lorna> "You should have heard me yelling at him over the phone." Lorna chuckled under her breath, giving a bit of an eyeroll over the whole thing. "Well," she said to the whole table. "I don't know about you all but I am starving."

<Bobby> Bobby stifled a laugh, watching her. "Food sounds good." Bobby pointedly opened a menu, hoping his parents would take the hint.

<Bill> "Well parasites do take a lot of food."

<Lorna> "See? I knew you'd be hungry." Lorna said it just loud enough to be heard over her menu as she looked over her options.

<Bobby> Barely stopping himself from laughing out loud, Bobby instead coughed and hid behind his menu. "Good one," he congratulated her, watching her again.

<Bill> "Are you sure mutants even eat food? Wouldn't you prefer blood or small children? Grind some bones to make bread?"

<Lorna> "Well, you would know as you raised one." Lorna smiled again before looking to Maddie. Well, she might have problems with Bobby but at least he wasn't his father, right? "So, how long do you get to stay out here?"

<Maddie> “Now, now.” Maddie reached under the table and made sure Bill felt her command for him to knock it off.

<Maddie> “Just a couple of days. Bill needs to get back to work. But I've got a little something for you kids.” She produced a small gift bag from her enormous purse and set it down on the table, sliding it across between Bobby and Lorna.

<Lorna> "Oh! You really shouldn't have." Lorna wasn't quite sure she should have at all. Group gifts from the 'in'-laws...that was a bit weird. She gave a fleeting glance to Bobby, not sure.

<Bobby> Bobby shrugged one shoulder, not sure what it was either. Holding his temper at his father had taken up most of his concentration. He pushed it toward her. "You open it. You've got the... little Lorna." He swallowed hard.

<Bill> Bill made a face. "God, let us hope it isn't that."

<Bobby> Bobby shot his father another glare.

<Lorna> "Oh, okay then." She grinned to Maddie as she opened it up, gratefulness for the gift and baby hormones causing her to coo a little more than usual as she pulled out the blanket and antique baby silverware. "Heee, baby's first cutlery."

<Bobby> Bobby had to laugh at that. Leaning over to look at the gifts, distracted by his closeness to Lorna, he recognized the silverware and looked at his mother.

<Maddie> "That was my silverware when I was a baby," she said, smoothing out her napkin in her lap. "Bobby used it too. That's his blanket." Maddie gave Lorna a smile, looking between the two of them a little sadly. "We brought him home from the hospital in it."

<Lorna> "Thank you." Lorna said, glancing up to Maddie again and giving her a truly thankful smile. "It's really great of you."

<Bobby> Bobby repeated the thank you and looked down at his lap, hands clenched into fists on his thighs.

<Bill> "Though why she's giving it to you is beyond me. How do you even know the parasite is yours anyway?" Bill glared over the table.

<Bobby> "Because she's still my wife." Bobby ground out.

<Lorna> "Why did you come here, Bill?" Lorna said evenly but had obviously deflated some at his question.

<Bill> "Soon to be EX wife. And to make sure the paperwork was being filed, naturally. I don't trust a green haired freak to do something so important."

<Lorna> "Well, I'm not obviously going to be filing it at dinner so you might as well go wait in the car."

<Bobby> "You know what? Why don't you mind your own business? And don't start that I am your business, because as far as I'm concerned the whole disinheritment thing can just stand. How about we do it in reverse?"

<Maddie> "All of you, stop this! It's not helping anything."

<Bill> "I don't take orders from green haired freaks. Why don't you just cut and run. Isn't that what you do best? And as for you..." He rounded on his son. "Sit down and shut up. Isn't that what they teach you in the military now?" He patted his wife's hand soothingly. He'd take care of it.

<Lorna> Cut and run? Where the hell was that even coming from? She just looked confused at him, shaking her head and wondering what program he was reading from because Lorna was pretty sure out of her and Bobby that was not a move she was known for. "I'm sorry, Maddie."

<Maddie> She pulled her hand away, giving Lorna an apologetic smile and Bobby a somewhat hurt look. "Bobby, you don't mean-"

<Bobby> "Mom, it's not you, but he has to stop this or he has to go." Bobby jerked his thumb at Bill. "Does this look like base? No. Didn't think so. And she's not the one who screwed up out of the two of us. She's never been the fuck-up of the two of us, so you're not going to say another uncivil word to her."

<Bill> Bill glared as he got up. "I won't sit here and be spoken to like this. Come, Maddie." He stormed off, not even looking to see if she was following.

<Lorna> Lorna glanced to Bobby, smiling a little "I've fucked up plenty of times, now." That was her thank you for interrupting though. "So...shall we order without him?"

<Bobby> Bobby just nodded to Lorna in acknowlegement. "Not like me, but thanks."

<Maddie> She started to get up, then stopped and sat back down. "Yes, I think we shall." Maddie smiled at them both.

<Lorna> "Good, because I am still starving." She laughed, opening her menu back up and letting herself relax. "I'm glad you stayed, Maddie."

<Maddie> "So am I!" Maddie clapped her hands together before picking up her menu. "Nothing's going to stop me from spending time with my kids. And my grandbaby." She beamed.

<Bobby> Bobby chuckled -- now they were in for a whole different kind of uncomfortable. Picking up his own menu, he worked up his courage and leaned toward Lorna. "So, I think after this I owe you a better dinner. With one-hundred percent less parental crazy."

<Lorna> "It would give us a better chance to talk about things." In public where she couldn't let her temper get away from her. She nodded, knowing they had to get to that point soon enough.

<Bobby> Bobby nodded, internally thrilling. It wasn't an enthusiastic yes, but it was a start.
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

Post by Svartfreja »

Jessica: Jess sat stuck to the wall of the mansion outside the kitchen. She wanted some time to herself and also tea so it was a good place to sit. Most people never looked up. At least four others had been out there smoking and hadn't noticed her. She took a sip from her mug and stared out over the lawn.

Bobby: Bobby closed the door of his truck and headed for the door. It had already been a long day, and it wasn't over. He needed caffeine, so he headed for the kitchen door, intent on finding a soda, then hitting Paige's classroom for some supplies.

Jessica: She frowned into the bottom of the cup. Empty. She turned and crawled along the wall to the kitchen door and inside, dropping down from the ceiling. "Oh..."

Bobby: Head in the fridge, Bobby jumped at the sound behind him and cracked it against the bottom of the freezer door. "...ow."

Jessica: She winced in sympathy, "Sorry..." She knew who it was from the hair. "Your hair is really pink."

Bobby: "No problem." Bobby rubbed the back of his head, but still came up with a Mountain Dew. He turned and smirked. "Any pinker, it'd glow in the dark." Not for much longer though. "Hi, Jess. How are you?"

Jessica: "I passed your class... but otherwise, not great...."

Bobby: "Well, at least you passed?" Bobby opened the bottle of soda and leaned back against the counter. "I'd hope you would have. You were one of the best students in there, really."

Jessica: She smiled a little, "Thanks... you don't have to say that..." she moved to start making another cup of tea, chewing her lip a little. "Are you... coming back? To teach I mean..."

Bobby: "Why not? It's true." He took a drink, looking around the kitchen. "No. I really doubt they'll ever let me teach again."

Jessica: "Oh... that's sad..." she looked down at the floor, "New guy's kind of creepy..."

Bobby: He agreed, the whole five minutes he'd spent with the guy. "Oh yeah? Well that sucks."

Jessica: "Yeah..." she sighed and went to pour the water into her mug. "All in all, the new semester's not looking very promising...."

Bobby: "It can't be that bad." Bobby tried to sound upbeat, putting on his teacher voice a little. "One creepy professor's not so bad, especially when you're getting Paige too. Take her classes - she'll be fun."

Jessica: "One creepy professor, one severely depressed friend and no boyfriend... that kind of sums up my summer..." she frowned, prodding at the teabag with her spoon.

Bobby: Bobby huffed out a soft laugh and moved over closer to her to lean against her counter. "Actually, that sounds about normal for here." He smiled, taking another drink. "Want to talk about it?" Dealing with someone else's problems was always easier.

Jessica: "Rachel said I shouldn't talk to you about it." She took out the tea bag and threw it away. "But not talking isn't helping..."

Bobby: That earned her a bigger smile. "Did she?" He'd have to hug her later or something, but this didn't really bother him. "Well, I think I can handle it, if you want."

Jessica: She nodded, moving to sit at the table and folding her hands around her mug. "I don't know if you saw on the news yesterday... about that plane that came down... Danny was supposed to be on that plane..."

Bobby: "Oh, shit." Bobby hadn't really been paying attention to the news, but he'd remembered hearing coverage on the radio after that outing to hell with Lorna and his parents.

Jessica: "He got an earlier flight... so he's fine... but he didn't tell me he had so... when I saw that..." She looked down at her lap and bit down on her lip. She was supposed to be done crying.

Bobby: Bobby winced. Yeah, that sucked. He pulled out a chair next to her and sat down, leaning over to give her a somewhat awkward hug around her shoulders. "That's... total shit, for sure, but at least he's okay, right?"

Jessica: She nodded, leaning against him a little, "He called later... not because he'd seen it or anything... just to call... like it was normal... and I was so angry with him... I don't think I've ever been more angry than I was then...."

Bobby: "Well, yeah, that's understandable." Bobby moved into a more comfortable position to let her lean on him.

Jessica: "He didn't get why... he was all put out because I wasn't all happy that he got an earlier flight to come home earlier... And that was just... it was the last straw..." she reached to brush a tear from her cheek, irritated that she was crying again. "I was really looking forward to spending summer with him... and it was just horrible..."

Bobby: Way to go, Danny. He rolled his eyes. Bobby gave her a little squeeze and stretched to grab her a napkin. "Not that he wasn't being an idiot not understanding why you were upset, but he might realize he was being an idiot, you know? Sometimes we do."

Jessica: She took the napkin and dabbed at her eyes, "I think it's too late for that... we both said some things..."

Bobby: "Ahh." Yeah, didn't he know all about that. "Well, maybe. People can say lots of things when they're mad though."

Jessica: "I meant what I said... the delivery was crappy but... he needed to hear it... but he wasn't listening... he hasn't listened properly in a while... and he said I wasn't supportive or grateful enough for anything he did..."

Bobby: "Well..." Bobby made a slight face, realizing some parallels. "Sometimes, things don't work out and it can be for the best."

Jessica: "I know... Rachel said that... well half of it..." she took a deep breath and let it out in a sigh. "It was just... it hurt that he didn't think I was trying to be supportive... or that I didn't care that he was trying to make himself better. I did care... I just didn't want all the stuff... it made me feel..." she pulled a face, "Do you know what I was doing before here? It made me feel like that..."

Bobby: "Yeah, I know." Yech. "That was definitely no good for you then, if he made you feel that way." Though he spent most of his time in his own world right now, he had heard rumors of Danny doing weird things.

Jessica: "I kept saying I didn't want any of that stuff... I just wanted him to be here... but he kept insisting he was trying to give me a better life... he doesn't know what's best for me - hell, I don't even know. And then he got all shitty with me because I wanted to be a good friend to the ONE friend I have rather than follow him around from one boring ass meeting to another!" Oh hey. The anger was back.

Bobby: Another bit of parallel made him wrinkle his nose. What's best for her, indeed. "Yeah, it sounds like he doesn't need to be in a relationship himself until he can get his shit together."

Jessica: "He wanted me to move to L.A. or wherever with him... I just got here. I actually feel like I belong here which is a first for me and I'm learning how to function like a normal human being. I won't get that if I'm off following him around and he doesn't get why I want to stay here... it's like in Tokyo when I went to visit my dad's grave.... we went straight from that to a meeting..."

Jessica: She sighed heavily, "I didn't want that to be my whole life... and then have him apologise with some stupid extravagence that I don't even need. He bought me a motorbike. A fucking motorbike! I don't even have a licence!"

Bobby: Bobby let her go to let her vent, taking another drink of his soda. "Yeah. I'm going to stick with my statement that you're better off, then. Although, you can get a license. Might as well make some use of it."

Jessica: "I told him I wanted to send it all back but he said I should keep it. I don't know if I want to..." she ran a hand through her hair. "I just... I did everything I could do to be a good girlfriend... I don't know why he was so angry with me... except for one thing... and it's something I've already explained to him and he said he was okay with it... obviously not..."

Bobby: "Well, don't if it makes you feel... dirty, but that's your decision. It may not have anything to do with you -- his behavior, I mean. It could be all him." Bobby considered this. "I'm sure... what we did... it couldn't have helped his state of mind, either. It's a lot to deal with, and he just may not be dealing well."

Jessica: "It's not like that... he told me he loved me... after x-force... he overdosed... and when I took him to the hospital he said it.... and I punched him in the face. I told him not to say it and I explained why but he kept saying it over and over.... and he was really not okay that I couldn't say it back. That was mostly why I suggested just ending it..." She paused for a sip of tea.

Bobby: He overdosed after X-Force. Bobby sighed. Yeah, great. Another life fucked up. "I'm sorry, Jess."

Jessica: "It's not your fault..." she looked at him, "He said I wasn't grateful... for what you all did... and that I wasn't being supportive... I thought I was... I mean, I saved his life... He told me before everyone found out what you were doing and I didn't say anything... I stuck around afterwards and I offered my help every day.... he never took it. That's not my fault, right?"

Bobby: "No. No, it's not your fault." He reached over and took her hand, giving it a squeeze. "Nobody should really be grateful for what we did, anyway. What we intended, maybe, but not how it turned out."

Jessica: Jess turned and pulled him into a hug, "It's not your fault how it turned out." She assured him, "And, for what it's worth, I am grateful there are people that would do that... I'm sorry everything is such a mess now... If I can do anything to help fix it I will."

Bobby: Bobby smiled a little and returned the hug. "Hey, I'm supposed to be comforting you." But, it was nice to hear. "Thanks." He took a breath. "Look, I kind of tend to think that ... if something is meant to be, it will be."

Bobby: "If he... you know, figures his shit out, and learns from everything that's happened, maybe you guys will have another shot someday. You might both just need some time. You've... not had it easy. I know that. So, you can build a life here, he can there. Maybe fate'll bring things back around."

Jessica: She nodded, "I didn't want to be in a relationship... it just sort of happened... I don't think I'm going to be any good at it until I know who I am and I'm still figuring parts of that out... I surprise myself a lot..."

Bobby: "Well, there you go." Bobby nodded. "And sometimes, it's just time for a relationship to end." He clenched his jaw, working to not think about how this applied to him now.

Bobby: "I had a girlfriend in high school. Always thought I'd marry her. I came here and changed, she stayed home and changed too. When I went home for Christmas, things were just over."

Jessica: "This was my first ever relationship... I have zero experience in being a normal person so this is all... well... I guess it's a learning experience..." she sighed.

Bobby: "Yeah, breakups are that... and they hurt." Bobby's mouth twisted a little, so he took a drink.

Jessica: She nodded, "I found that out already..." she took a sip of tea, "I just though that he'd be able to understand, if nothing else... we had similar weird upbringings... and I think it would have been okay... but he came back all different from rehab... I don't know... I should probably just stop going over it... it's not helping..."

Bobby: "No, it doesn't help, not in something like this." Bobby realized he had little room to talk again, but... "I'd suggest you find something to do. Keep busy, distract yourself. I would say you could learn to ride that motorcycle, if it wouldn't make you think about how you got it."

Bobby: He shrugged. "On the other hand, it might just help you remember some of the good things and move on. Believe me, there's freedom in being able to drive - to just go. I do some of my best thinking driving."

Jessica: "Well I can fly so anything seems a bit surplus to requirements... but I guess I can think about it." She slid off her seat to give him another, proper, hug. "This has helped, thank you." She kissed his cheek.

Bobby: "Good point," he laughed. Bobby returned the hug and blinked at the kiss. "You're welcome. Go do something fun."

Jessica: "Yeah... hitting things in the gym sounds appealing right now..."

Bobby: "That can be fun too." Bobby sat back and took another drink. Sweet, sweet caffeine.

Jessica: "It's a good outlet. I recommend it."

Bobby: "Oh, it definitely is." He ran his hand through his hair, deciding beating something might be good after he took care of his problem.

Jessica: "I hope you stick around, Bobby... even if you're not teaching... you're a good man. There needs to be more people like that around."

Bobby: "Oh, I'm sticking, whether people want me to or not." He'd have a son soon, or a daughter, and he owed it to him or her, if nothing else. Of course, he wanted to be here for more. Wanted to be wanted back. "But thanks." He smiled at her, getting up to go to Paige's classroom.
:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Slarti »

<Bobby> Bobby rubbed furiously with the towel and straightened up. The mirror was a little fogged and he frowned, pulling the moisture from the air so he could see. He sighed and leaned closer. Nope. Still there.

<Paige> Paige headed into her room after her dance practice. She tossed her bag onto the bed and sat down to get her shoes off.

<Bobby> Picking up the bottle, he read the back... though it included mixing instructions. Fuck that. He climbed back into the shower to try again.

<Paige> Paige started at the sound of the water. "Bobby?" She knocked on the bathroom door.

<Bobby> Bobby vaguely heard a sound from the door between his muttering and his scrubbing. He paused, cocking his head to listen.

<Paige> "...Bobby?" Paige asked again, more concerned this time.

<Bobby> "...Paigey?" Shit, she was already back?

<Paige> Paige relaxed a bit. "Yeah it's me. Just making sure it was you."

<Bobby> He snorted. "No, it's the shower creeper." Well, he couldn't stay in here forever with her back. Fuck. She was going to kill him.

<Paige> "Eee! I will whack him with my gummy bears!" Paige giggled and moved to finish taking off her shoes.

<Bobby> Bobby laughed as he rinsed off, sticking his head under the water stream and alarmed that his hair felt... kind of sticky. That couldn't be good. Maybe he should just shave his head and start over?

<Paige> "I got us some more vodka and more gummies!"

<Bobby> "Ooo," he said distractedly as he got out and toweled off, again. He was laying off the drinking, too. It wasn't good for him, and he could heal. It definitely wasn't good for her.

<Paige> "I think the guy at the store was hitting on me... it was sooooo creepy!" She giggled and threw a sweatshirt on over her top.

<Bobby> "Who wouldn't, babe." Bobby called through the door, yanking on his jeans and a t-shirt. Socks were overrated, he decided

<Paige> "Weeeellllll yeah. But he was really old. Like 40!"

<Bobby> Bobby opened the door, wet hair slicked back tight against his head. Maybe he could escape without her noticing his... problem. He laughed, going to his bag. "That's ancient. You should have screamed and ran."

<Paige> "I might have." She admitted, going through some jelly beans. "I might also have giggled and walked off quickly... same thing right?"

<Bobby> "I believe so, in girl-speak," he chuckled, sitting on the pink sofa of doom. Maybe he was out of socks?

<Paige> Paige giggled at him and looked over at him. She slowly let her smile fade. "What happened to your hair?"

<Bobby> Bobby stopped rummaging and looked up at her. He put on his most innocent smile. "I washed it?"

<Paige> "Try again."

<Bobby> "I washed it like ten times?"

<Paige> "Robert Drake." Paige crossed her arms over her chest.

<Bobby> He cocked his head. "That's what my mother said."

<Paige> "Don't you dare lie to me!"

<Bobby> "She said that too." He sat up and pretended to study her. "Mom?"

<Paige> Paige narrowed her eyes at him and got up, going to inspect his hair.

<Bobby> Bobby sat stiffly, afraid if he moved she might attack. He clearly wasn't amusing her this time. "The bottle said 'color stripper.'"

<Paige> Paige smacked him (gently) on his head. "What is the matter with you!?"

<Bobby> "She asked me that, too." Bobby looked up at her and deflated a little. "I had lunch with my parents and Lorna."

<Paige> "And that gave you this idiotic idea?" Paige was far from amused. She prodded him to get up. She needed her lab for this mess.

<Bobby> He got up. "My dad called me a queer, my mother kept poking me and I got side-eye from Lorna." Though that probably didn't have anything to do with his hair, to be fair.

<Paige> Paige sighed and linked her arm with his. "I can try to fix it. In the future, don't touch my work!" She poked him with her free index finger.

<Bobby> "Well, technically, it was Rachel's work." Bobby patted her arm and gave up on the smartassery. "Thanks... I just... I don't want to give her any more reason to think I'm an idiot."

<Paige> "You know better than to mess with chemicals you don't understand." Paige sighed. She released him once she got to the lab and started hunting through her supplies, reading bottles.

<Bobby> "Yeah." Bobby found a chair and sat. "To say it didn't go well would be an understatement. My dad said he only came to make sure Lorna had filed the divorce papers."

<Paige> Paige cringed at that. "Ouch... some dad. Sounds about like my Mom. Maybe they should meet."

<Bobby> "The universe might implode." Bobby sighed. "Lorna basically told him she'd take care of her own mistakes. Not sure what that meant, but I can imagine it's nothing good."

<Paige> "Or you're reading too much into it?" Paige offered hopefully.

<Bobby> He shrugged. The image of her standing up to hug his mother kept replaying in his mind, the dress she wore clinging to the little bump of their baby. Bobby closed his eyes.

<Paige> Paige moved back to him, starting to work on his hair. "I wish I could help more."

<Bobby> "You've done plenty. It's my mess, anyway." Bobby leaned back into her touch a little.

<Paige> "If you say so." Paige massaged some more stuff into his hair.

<Bobby> "That smells good." Bobby wrinkled his nose and closed his eyes. "Better than that stuff I used, anyway."

<Paige> "I'm trying to keep your hair from falling out." She grumbled a bit.

<Bobby> "I could just shave it off." He shrugged one shoulder, shifting nervously in the chair. She still sounded pissed.

<Paige> "Nonsense. I can work miracles!" She smiled at him.

<Bobby> Bobby returned the smile, taking a deep breath and forcing himself to cheer up for her. "I believe you probably can, Paigey."

<Paige> "You can do better than probably!" She giggled at him and wiped off her hands, letting the conditioner set. "It would have been much easier to just tell me though."

<Bobby> "Yeah, well... nobody ever said I was smart." He made a face at her. "So, how was your day?"

<Paige> "My day was pretty good. Any day with new candy is good though."

<Bobby> "Candy makes everything better." Bobby sat and watched Paige, feeling the goop on his head slowly slide south. It tickled. He flailed a little, wanting to scratch.

<Paige> Paige caught the drip with her eyes and wiped it up with her finger. "Of course it does. Why do you think kids are so happy all the time?"

<Bobby> "And have to see the dentist so much." Bobby grinned at her in thanks. "So!" He wriggled again. "I suppose it wasn't a complete disaster. I got her to agree to go out to lunch with me. Just the two of us."

<Paige> "Yay! You got a date!" Paige squealed a bit, happily. She got to working with some more product in his hair. "Where are you going? What are you going to wear?"

<Bobby> "I'm not sure she would consider it a date," he said, though he felt like it was, in a way. He was nervous and excited and he might just puke. "I don't know and I don't know?"

<Paige> Paige scoffed at him. "Don't you worry Bobberz. I'll take care of your look."

<Bobby> He tipped his head back to look up at her. "Should I be worried?"

<Paige> "Oh Bobberz. You are going to look sooooo sexy!" Paige giggled at him.

<Bobby> Bobby laughed. "With melted pinkish hair." But he was nervous. In fact, his leg started to jump in time to the song stuck in his head. "But I have faith you'll fix it."

<Paige> "That's more like it." Paige smiled at him and rinsed out his hair. "Now, I need to dry it, and then I am going to recolor it. Hopefully you'll keep your hair. Because I'm magical!"

<Bobby> "Orange?" Bobby closed his eyes again at the water to the face. "Hmm. Green? That could be creepy, considering."

<Paige> Paige laughed at him and sighed. "No. It'll be close to your natural hair color, goof ball."

<Bobby> "Which iiiis?"

<Paige> "You don't know your natural hair color?"

<Bobby> "It has a name?"

<Paige> "Hmmm I'll have to look at my pallet to get you the name."

<Bobby> That made him laugh. "It's like... dirty blond, right? It's not really blond, it's not really brown... it's dirty." Bobby tipped his head back again and gave her a filthy grin. "I'm a dirty boy."

<Paige> Paige laughed at him and shook her head. "Alright Romeo. I was thinking it'd have a cuter name than that, but yes, dirty blonde is typically what it is called." She smiled down at him, then got to drying his hair.

<Bobby> Yup, he still won at making her giggle. He grinned to himself and let her fuss with his hair, listening to the drone of the dryer. Then he realized he could totally save her the time.

<Bobby> "Hey, turn it off." He twisted in the chair to look at her.

<Paige> Paige turned it off, giving him a puzzled look. "What? Why?"

<Bobby> Bobby wriggled his eyebrows at her and concentrated for a moment, drawing out the water. He ran both hands through his now-dry hair and had to admit it felt better. Still kinda weird, but all soft. Like a girl's. Hmm.

<Paige> Paige touched his hair again, then grinned. "Now if you can do that to my hair in the morning I'll be impressed!" She went to mix up some hair color.

<Bobby> "Well, I could, but I suppose that puts me even closer to my new career as a gay hairdresser." He followed her, since he had nothing else to do, and hovered.

<Paige> "You are still an important step away from that career though."

<Bobby> "Last I checked." Bobby leered at her playfully and then set his chin on her shoulder to see how long it took before he annoyed her into giggles again.

<Paige> It took all of five seconds for her to twist to get her shoulder free, falling into a fit of giggles. "Bobby!"

<Bobby> "Paigey!"

<Paige> "That tickles!"

<Bobby> "Oh, if that tickles, I should apply my full talents." Bobby waggled his eyebrows at her again and made grabby hands.

<Paige> "Eeee!" Paige ducked, trying to escape the tickle monster!

<Bobby> Bobby laughed and backed off, leaning against the table again to watch her finish her mixing. That was way too much fun.

<Paige> "You are evil!" Paige laughed at him, daring to go back for her mixing bowl. "And soon you will be sunkissed brown!"

<Bobby> "Ha! That's the name?" He moved in again to stare at the bowl of goop.

<Paige> Paige giggled at him before he even got close to her. "Yep. That's the name!"

<Bobby> "I love that giggle, babe." He snickered, edging back to let her finish. Sunkissed brown needed to look halfway decent, after all.

<Paige> "Well that's a good thing since you make me giggle all the time." She stuck her tongue out at him.

<Bobby> Bobby gave her a bright smile. She really did do wonders for cheering him up.

<Paige> Paige giggled at him again and moved back over to him, prepping him for the dye. "Well, I'm glad I can make you smile too."

<Bobby> "We are the most excellent of crap buddies," he nodded, getting back into position for her.

<Paige> Paige kissed his forehead from her spot over him and smiled. "You bet we are!" She slid her gloves on and got to coloring his hair.

<Bobby> His smile grew even bigger at that. "A-men." He made a horrified face when the cold color started seeping against his scalp again. This was happening way too much lately.

<Paige> She giggled again as she saw his face. "That look is oddly adorable."

<Bobby> "That's me all over, babe. Oddly adorable." Bobby tipped his head back and gave her a kissy face.

<Bobby> After a few minutes of color application weirdness, and him shifting uncomfortably, he sighed. "Let's just hope Lorna thinks so, too."

<Paige> "I hope she does too." Paige told him sadly. "I mean, 50 percent of marriages end in divorce... so between the two of us, yours should be safe in theory."

<Bobby> "....thanks?" Bobby's face this time was far less oddly adorable.
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

Post by Svartfreja »

Jessica: Jess flew over the city looking for a good place with a reasonable concentration of people but not too many. "See anywhere good yet?" She asked her passenger, tightening her grip on his waist a little so she didn't drop him because from this height that would hurt a bit.

Bobby: "Hmm, how about the park? Get the isolated joggers." Bobby had flown with Lorna a few times, but this was different. Less like floating and more actual Superman shit. He scanned the ground below, not so worried about falling.

Jessica: Jess turned towards the park and flew a little lower, drifting over the tops of some of the trees.

Bobby: "How to you feel about the cold?" He could shift, snow on some folks, and confuse the hell out of them. That sounded fun.

Jessica: "It makes me super sleepy," she warned. "Oh look... people...."

Bobby: "People!" Bobby nodded, deciding he didn't need to shift then. He concentrated as she swooped lower, freezing the humidity in the air and letting it flurry down on the strolling couple.

Jessica: Jess selected a target, catching her tongue between her lips as she aimed... and got them! Right in the ass! That was going to be numb for hours! She laughed a little and quickly swooped away.

Bobby: Bobby laughed. "Nice!" This was an awesome distraction from responsibility, he decided. He turned his head to grin at her.

Jessica: She grinned back, "Let's find another one!" She checked her grip again and followed one of the paths in the park.

Bobby: "Absolutely." Bobby nodded, using his thermal vision. "There's somebody just off the trail about three hundred yards ahead."

Jessica: "Jogger - I can hear them." She kept her eyes on the ground below them to get them too. Had to be the leg this time.... faceplant! HA!

Bobby: "Between us, we're almost Superman," he snorted, feeling only slightly guilty about this misuse of power.

Jessica: She laughed a little, "Almost..." She was pleased that she got the reference. "Oooh hey... I hear a group of obnoxious teenagers."

Bobby: "Oh, well they deserve some shenanigans!" Bobby cackled, deep into his adrenaline rush. He squinted and spotted them himself as she closed in. Underage drinking... and did he smell pot? Heeee. This time, he formed a sheet of sleet to sluice across them.

Jessica: A couple got numb asses but then the others tried to run so she stopped that for more faceplanting hilarity. She didn't know why but it was always funny to watch that. Their friends were drunk enough to agree. She got them too. It was only fair.

Bobby: Bobby was laughing so hard he was afraid one of them might look up, and tried to cover his mouth to stifle himself. "Did you see that guy roll?!"

Jessica: "I did!" she flew them to somewhere safer so she could land and laugh. Setting him down on his feet, she let herself do that, "Oh God, I nearly lost it!"

Bobby: "Oh my God! He was all-" Bobby gave his best stunned face and staggered back dramatically, rubbing his ass and tripping, before errupting into new gales of laughter himself. "This... is too fun. I can't believe I've never done this before."

Jessica: "I used to pull crap like this all the time when I was younger... and then I got caught and yelled at a lot. But it didn't stop it from being funny as hell," she laughed again, "Surprised a guy into a pond once. The water wasn't deep but he looked so pissed!"

Bobby: "I bet!" Bobby leaned back against a tree, still chuckling. "I used to use my powers for pranks all the time in high school. Most everybody knew about me, so I didn't really get away with it, but it was still fun."

Jessica: "It's always fun... but I suppose I'm less worried about getting caught than I should be..."

Bobby: "Eh, something like this... it's innocent enough. Most people aren't going to connect it to mutants, honestly." Bobby grinned at her crookedly. "Besides, it's a good way to blow off steam."

Jessica: "It really is... it's like hitting things but better because the thing has a reaction." She gave a grin in return.

Bobby: "Oh, absofuckinglutely. And those kids smoking pot learned an important life lesson normally only learned from Jason Vorhees." Bobby did look around however, making sure there was no human heat signatures in their area.

Jessica: She laughed again, "We did them a favour." she nodded sagely, still grinning.

Bobby: "We did." Bobby smirked. Now... well, they were out in the woods themselves. He really didn't want it to get awkward, but, well...

Jessica: "Soooo... want to go find some more?" she offered, running a hand through her hair before she realised what she'd done. Oh well... they were outside... "Or we could do something else."

Bobby: "What else did you have in mind?" He tilted his head, watching her play with her hair.

Jessica: She gave a small shrug, "I didn't really think that far ahead..." she looked around, "We could pretend to be normal people and just go for a walk until with think of something?"

Bobby: "Sounds like a not-plan," he agreed, offering her his arm and a smile.

Jessica: She smiled back, linking arms with him. "Not plans are good plans. No pressure."

Bobby: "I agree." He found the trail easily and walked with her. For a while, they were quiet, just another couple out for a stroll.
:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

What is this madness?!?!

I love it though, good job!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Slarti »

<Lorna> "So," Lorna reached for a calm enough opener as she chewed on her calimari. That stuff just needed chewing on forever. "I guess pink wasn't exactly regulation, was it?" She smirked a little. "Wasn't a bad look though."

<Bobby> "Please. It was horrible. I looked like the gayest My Little Pony in the stable. Dad was right on that much." Bobby snorted and shifted in his seat, checking the room for Claude before he relaxed. "Fury never even saw it, luckily." He ran his hand through his hair. It still felt funny, but at least it was back to normal. Or better, as Paige had told him.

<Lorna> "Aw, I would have loved to have imagined his face." She sighed a bit wistfully. "Probably for the best, though, and your dad is rarely right about anything. Maybe if you were doing dressage with Jay on your back."

<Bobby> "He's... surprisingly got a bit of a sense of humor." Bobby picked a piece of calimari from the plate and inspected it before popping it into his mouth. Mmm, rubbery.

<Bobby> "I, uh, probably said this before, but..." He paused to consider his words. "I'm sorry you found out from the news that I was on that team... I just didn't know really, when Fury offered it to me, what it would really mean." Bobby shrugged and looked away. "Guess I should have had Darren tell you."

<Lorna> "He'd have to." Lorna admitted, just imagining the man's job. "Well...you didn't know that's how I would find out. I can't really blame you that we had horrible tastes in television that night." She glanced down, pecking at her food absently.

<Lorna> "...Angel calling in was pretty funny though." She admitted with a small smirk slyly glancing back up.

<Bobby> "I bet." Bobby grinned and nabbed another squid bit. Watching her and not talking was probably creepy, he realized, so he took a deep breath. "You look good. You, uh, feel okay?"

<Lorna> "Yeah, I'm doing okay." she nodded. "Things've definitely calmed down, anyway, not near as much stress. I just hope that stays true for when the students all come back." Lorna gave a laugh, though it wasn't the most actually amused one she had ever had.

<Lorna> "So...how's Paige's couch? Aside from violently pink?"

<Bobby> Bobby nodded, chuckling. "That's about it. Violently pink. It sets off the Pepto pink of the rest of the room nicely."

<Bobby> "She's..." he paused and fiddled with his menu, not sure he wanted to talk about her, but... "actually a lot stronger than I ever gave her credit for, to deal with all this and keep smiling."

<Lorna> "She's in a good place now at least." Lorna nodded, agreeing with Bobby. "Considering the alternative, it's a good thing she is but I don't think she can do anything much without smiling."

<Bobby> "That's true." Bobby laughed a little. He started to say something else, then stopped. The awkward pause dragged out.

<Lorna> "Well... it's good that things are okay there at least." Lorna tried to fill that pause up, not really sure what with but willing to jump right in the middle of it and flounder.

<Bobby> "Yeah, but... it's hard. And it's not really okay, is it?" Bobby decided to have some flounder as well.

<Lorna> "...no, not really." She admitted, slumping somewhat with the admission. "I don't really know what to try next."

<Bobby> "I don't want to get divorced." Bobby chewed on the corner of his lip, torn between meeting her eyes and watching the calimari between them.

<Lorna> "I don't think most people ever want to."

<Bobby> Bobby made a frustrated sound. "So that's it then?"

<Lorna> "What do you want me to say, Bobby? I don't know what to do any more than you do."

<Bobby> "Well, apparently you do, because you're the one who filed the papers." Bobby snorted, looking away. "Christ, Lorna, I found out you were pregnant from the fucking divorce papers!"

<Lorna> She gave him a harsh look at the filing comment but sighed as he went on. "I take it then that word through Darren didn't work after all then. I am sorry about that then."

<Bobby> Bobby shot her a confused glare at that, but he didn't have the energy anymore to fight. He slid down into the seat. "After Fury gave me this chance, all I was doing was focusing on getting out. I wanted to come back and try to fix things."

<Bobby> "I got that paperwork... and the way it read... I didn't know if there was even a reason to try anymore."

<Lorna> "And that's the point where I was when you left in the first place." Lorna sighed and rubbed her temple, turning back to her food. "Do I want to get divorced? No. Should I? I'm not sure yet, Bobby. I mean, I'm in no hurry to actually sign the forms and get a court date either, here."

<Bobby> Bobby echoed the sigh and sat up. "I can only apologize so many times, but I guess I can keep doing it. What we... what I did... what I put you through... it all boils down to that I was scared. Scared and stupid and I wanted this cycle to end and... thought there was only one way it would."

<Bobby> He leaned forward a little, trying to keep himself in check. "Is there anything I can do to fix us?"

<Lorna> "I'm not asking you to apologize anymore, Bobby. It's not like that." What would apologizing actually do anyway? It wasn't going to take anything away and it wasn't going to make either of them feel better. "It's not something that can be fixed like that. I don't know you anymore."

<Bobby> He blinked. "Yeah, yeah you do. I'm still the same... I didn't just... I don't know, get up one day and decide I wanted to just go kill people." Bobby lowered his voice. Even in Megatokyo some things were a little taboo. "Vertigo... I swear to God that was an accident. I didn't know I could do that -- hadn't been able to for years but I was scared and ... shit."

<Lorna> "No, Bobby, I don't. If I did then this wouldn't be nearly as hard as it is. I believe you about Vertigo being an accident but I believed that before too and it doesn't change anything."

<Bobby> "You know why Fury let me go? Why he put me in SWORD?" He stared at the plate, figuring he may as well get it all in the open. "He said he needed people who can make the hard decisions and still be heroes. And he wants me... to be like Darren. To do what he does -- has done."

<Lorna> Lorna had to bite her lip hard. She didn't want to make things worse but she had something pretty cutting to say to that as well. "Can you make the hard decisions then?"

<Bobby> "I guess I already have, for good or for bad." Bobby looked up at her, sensing a salad fork may be imminently aimed at his face.

<Lorna> Lorna wasn't about to stab him yet, but she was giving him a bit of a look again. If he was refering to 'that' decision Lorna would always believe that it had been the 'easy' way out and no job offers from Fury would make her feel any different.

<Lorna> "On turning yourself in I'll give you that."

<Bobby> "I sense a but in there." Bobby made a face. "Look... I know I kept things from you, I know I lied to you, even though at the time I thought it was for the best. I helped Rogue recruit some of the students, but I wasn't fucking behind all of that. Some of them I didn't know about until they were there. We never should have done that."

<Lorna> "It's more than keeping something from me Bobby. I mean, secrets are one thing but this is just a betrayal and it went against a whole lot of what I thought you were right beside me on. I mean... I can't think of many other things I would have had a bigger problem finding out you were involved in."

<Bobby> "I know." She wasn't going to accept this, but it was the truth. "And I was right beside you, until I saw Josh that day Rae was taken. It... brought it all back. And I realized that could have just as easily been me, or you. And then Rogue... and Sam."

<Lorna> "This kind of stuff is going to happen forever, Bobby. You know that and obviously Fury knows that or else you wouldn't have a job with him. I don't have to tell you why it was wrong anymore though, do I? We just... either have to find a way to move on from that together or apart."

<Bobby> "I'm just afraid your decision is already made," he said. "Except..." Bobby reached across the table and took her left hand, running his thumb over her wedding ring. "You're still wearing this."

<Bobby> Bobby leaned in and met her eyes. "I love you. Both of you, now. And that's not going to change, even if I have."

<Lorna> "I love you too." Lorna answered back, smiling just a bit. The problem was that it wasn't quite enough just yet. "I imagine you might want yours back, huh?"

<Bobby> "Yeah, I do... unless it's at the bottom of the lake?" Bobby grinned a little, and since no cutlery had come his way, squeezed her hand, trying to rein in the surge of emotion touching her had brought.

<Lorna> Lorna had to take the hand back, although she gave a quick squeeze back, before pulling the dogtags and ring out from her shirt and taking the necklace off. "Here you are then. Not much found it into the sink."

<Bobby> He didn't try to hide his disappointment, but it was short-lived. She'd been wearing his necklace, his ring. He took them and looked at them in his hand. "...the sink?"

<Lorna> "Nah, the only sink that met my ire was the one in the school." She answered, smirking just a tiny bit at that.

<Lorna> "Which I suppose means if you feel safe enough at the school you should feel safe enough at the boathouse."

<Bobby> Unthreading the ring from the chain, he bounced it on the palm of his hand. "You and that sink..." Bobby shook his head with a chuckle.

<Bobby> "The boathouse? Yeah. I suppose Paige might want her sofa back at some point." He already knew the answer, since as much as he'd been avoiding her before, now we was fairly aware of her movements. "Are you staying there?"

<Lorna> "With someone else there I will, yeah." She nodded, sounding a bit more confident than she felt, which wasn't too much, but at least she did feel like saying it. "It's at least a step to see if this can work, right?"

<Bobby> "Well, I guess I count as someone else." Bobby nodded as well, then stared at her for a long moment. "I want this to work, more than anything."

<Bobby> He slid his ring back across the table to her. "I'm never one to pass up a dramatic gesture, so... how about you decide when to give this back to me, okay?"

<Lorna> "...okay then, that sounds fair." Lorna nodded, biting her lip as she took up the ring again. "Well, if anything I guess that's progress then?"

<Bobby> Bobby finished fastening his tags around his neck and dropped them under his shirt. He lifted his glass of soda to give a semi-serious toast. "To progress?"

<Lorna> She laughed, grabbing her own drink up. "To progress. Even if it doesn't work we're at least going to be in each other's lives."

<Bobby> "We're having a baby." He blinked, shaking his head and still not quite believing it. "I want it to work, Lorna,” he repeated. “For all of us." Please, it has to.
TechPrincess
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Little BABY!! Fairy <3
Nightscrawlearth Character: :jean :emma :husk

Post by TechPrincess »

...d'awwww!!!!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Slarti »

<Paige> Paige sat at her vanity in her room, staring at her face in the mirror. She was dressed up and done up, ready to go out externally, but she just sat there.

<Bobby> Singing, badly, Bobby practically jogged down the hall to Paige's room. As thrilled as he was to be getting a chance -- she still loves me, this can still work! -- he hated to leave Paige alone. "I've waited here for you, eeeverlong..."

<Bobby> They didn't really knock anymore, since he'd become a constant fixture in her life for the last five weeks or so. Bobby went into her room -- good, she was home! "Hey, Paigey! Cooome down, and waste away with meee," he continued the old song.

<Paige> She jumped at the suddenly Bobby, automatically smiling without a thought. "What are you singing?" She fidgeted with her earring. To wear or not to wear them?

<Bobby> "Foo Fighters." He grinned. "It's a love song." Considering this, he shrugged. "More or less." Bobby swept over to her and tapped her nose with his finger. "How are you?"

<Paige> Her smile faltered at the touch. She couldn't lie to her crap buddy. "I don't know." She admitted. She glanced back at the mirror.

<Bobby> "Aww, Paigey... what's wrong?" He pulled over her fluffy pink ottoman and sat down beside her.

<Paige> "I have a date. Why did I agree to this?" Paige looked back at Bobby.

<Bobby> "You have a date? Well... that's good!" Bobby took in her expression and wrinkled his nose. "Right?"

<Paige> "I don't know!" She laughed at him and rested her elbow on the vanity, propping her face up with her fist. "I thought so at the time... but now?"

<Bobby> "Just not ready?" He reached over and rubbed her upper arm comfortingly. "I mean... it doesn't have to be a big thing, right? Just tell yourself it's just for fun and no pressure." Or, she could cancel it, he thought. "Who is it, anyway?"

<Paige> "Collin Roberts.... I met him in town. He was really cute and sweet and I just couldn't say no."

<Bobby> "Ew, never trust a Robert." Bobby leaned into her line of sight and winked, trying to cheer her up.

<Paige> Paige smiled at him, taking his hand to squeeze it. She remembered that she had dressed him in that outfit. Her eyes also caught sight of something metal on his skin. "Where did you get those?" She reached for the tags to look at them.

<Bobby> Oh... He'd been so excited to tell her, but now... "They're mine." Bobby grinned, unable to hide his happiness completely. "I got them back from Lorna."

<Paige> Paige squealed and threw her arms around him for a hug. "Yay!"

<Bobby> "Yeah! So... it didn't go... terrible!" Bobby returned the hug. In fact, he felt like doing more than that, so he took the chance to sweep her up from her chair, hooking an arm under her legs and gave her a spin.

<Paige> "Eeeee!" Paige held onto him tightly as she was spun around, laughing at him.

<Bobby> "I think it was your sunkissed brown. Swept her right off her feet." He laughed, finally sitting her down on her feet with a kiss to her forehead. It was the perfect level for it, so it begged to be done.

<Paige> Paige laughed at him then looked up at him. "So... spill! What happened?!"

<Bobby> "Well, I told her I didn't want a divorce." He sighed. "We... argued a little... then we talked... it's not fixed. She says... well she says she doesn't know me anymore." It still depressed him, that she thought he was some kind of monster.

<Bobby> "But she said she still loves me." Bobby's smile at that was wide and bright.

<Paige> "Well... it's not perfect, but it's a start right?!" Paige hugged him tightly.

<Bobby> "It is! And it's more than I'd hoped for." He hugged her again. "She's... moving back to the boathouse." Bobby pulled back enough to look Paige in the eyes. "She asked me to move back in with her."

<Paige> Without missing a beat, Paige smiled for him and hugged him back so she could take a moment to compose herself. She knew this day would come, but she wasn't excited to be by herself again. By the time she pulled back she was all smiles again. "This is the best news I've heard in ages!"

<Bobby> He'd seen the flash of... something... in her eyes. Bobby returned the hug, chewing his lip. Poor Paigey. "It is! But yours is too! A date's good!"

<Paige> Paige smiled softly, nodding a bit. "Yeah... dates are good right? Just... what if he's crazy? Or a jerk? Or boring?"

<Bobby> "Well, boring you can just escape from. Like... text me or something and I'll call you with a pressing emergency!" Bobby smirked and cracked his knuckles. "And if he's a jerk... I can take care of that for you, too."

<Paige> There was more giggling and Paige hugged him again, pressing her head against his chest. "Too bad you can't like, go hide in the restaurant."

<Bobby> Bobby held her, petting her hair a little. "Be your bodyguard?"

<Paige> Paige grinned at that. "You'd be the best bodyguard!"

<Bobby> "I would," he nodded. "Because I could shrink his assets at a hundred paces if he so much as looked at you wrong."

<Paige> Paige laughed happily at him and stood on her tip toes to kiss his cheek. "So you help me survive this date and I'll help you pack your things when we get back?"

<Bobby> "It's a date, within your date." Bobby laughed. He cast a glance over at the pink monstrosity. "You know... I'm gonna miss that thing."

<Paige> "What thing?" She gave him a puzzled expression.

<Bobby> "The pink palace over there." He nodded at the sofa.

<Paige> "Well you can always come take a nap on it."

<Bobby> "I might have to take you up on that." Bobby chuckled and shook his head. "Nah, I don't think I'd be visiting for the sofa, Paigey." He reached over and tapped her nose again.

<Paige> She wrinkled her nose at him and grinned. "Well you can come visit me anytime."