Summer 2015: Hope

Check out what goes on between semesters here!
TechPrincess
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Little BABY!! Fairy <3
Nightscrawlearth Character: :jean :emma :husk

Summer 2015: Hope

Post by TechPrincess »

Curt: Curt looked over at the snoring Sue and then over to Hope, who was across the aisle in the plane. He was glad he had an aisle seat, he didn't like planes. He didn't hate them, but he couldn't look out the window. Sue's head bumped against the portal window as she snoozed and Curt rolled his head over towards Hope's direction again.

Curt: "Hey... Guess what? I have a girlfriend."

Johnny: Johnny was staring at the ceiling of the plane, head resting against the back of his seat. He was starting to wish he'd just fall asleep. He sighed.

Hope: Hope blinked at Curt, then glanced at Johnny, then back at Curt. "You have a girlfriend?"

Curt: He sat back, Grinning. "Yup. Laura." Returning his gaze to the on-flight movie. The Muppets, Curt thought, man.... Jason Segel was hilarious.

Hope: "Awww that's adorable, Curt." Hope rested her head against Johnny. He was a bit bony for a pillow but he'd work.

Curt: "She totally saved my life too. Took Lizard's leg out of a bear trap."

Johnny: "It'd be more adorable if you'd stop mentioning it every half hour," Johnny put in with a roll of his eyes.

Curt: "... Well... it's big news. I mean... Mate, come on. I have a girlfriend."

Hope: Hope laughed at Johnny and smiled at Curt. "That's very sweet, Curt. The best significant others are good at saving your life." She poked Johnny gently.

Johnny: He squirmed away from the poke as well as he could in the small space, eventually relenting, "True. It is pretty amazing that you ended up with a girlfriend."

Curt: "Mmhm." Suddenly turbulence kicked in and the intercom popped on. The very British-sounding pilot reminded everyone to please pop their trays back in their place, fasten their seat belts, and enjoy the inflight movie as they rode out the bumpy ride. Curt began to sweat.

Curt: "Turbulence can't bring down a plane. Physically impossible. No plane has crashed from turbulence. Scientifically proven."

Johnny: Johnny followed the instructions of the pilot, glancing between Hope and Curt, "It'll be fine. It's only a little turbulence."

Hope: Hope took Johnny's hand. It was fine.

Curt: Curt looked to Johnny, panicked. "Yeah. Fine. I'll be great. It'ssss fine." He half coughed, half cleared his throat.

Hope: Hope reached across the aisle and took Curt's hand. "Breathe." She told him firmly. "You're fine."

Curt: He nodded repeatedly. "I know. We're fine." The flight attendant came up the aisle and asked that Hope please not reach across during turbulence. "I can stitch seats if you would like to be with your nervous boyfriend if you'd like."

Hope: Hope just stared at her. She looked to Johnny as she took her hand back. Really? Had she really just suggested that Curt was her boyfriend instead of Johnny?

Curt: Curt looked to Sue who appeared to be out cold. The headphones in her ears, her head against Melati's shoulder, it was a wonder how he had startled her so many times before.

Johnny: Johnny rolled his eyes at the suggestion that Curt could even get Hope and slid his hand into hers.

Hope: Hope sighed and rested her head against Johnny again. "I'm glad you got a girlfriend, Curt. Laura is nice."

Curt: He smiled through the turbulence. "She is, huh?"

Johnny: "Nice and creepy," he mumbled under his breath.

Hope: That caused Hope to giggle, trying to hide it from Curt. "So you're going to miss her this summer, yes?"

Curt: "Yeah, I'm trying not to be gone the whole summer. Once I'm done visiting my parents for the week, I'm going to fly right home. I didn't tell her yet, but I have tickets to go to a summer music festival. Thing."

Curt: "If she doesn't want to go, it's fine, 'cause they were free. Mostly." The hours I worked at Wonder Labs to return the favor weren't free, but that's besides the point he thought to himself.

Hope: "I bet she'll like that. Who would't?"

Johnny: Johnny refrained from another comment.

Curt: He shrugged. "People who don't like the bands who are playing." The turbulence had almost ceased and Curt realized thinking about her and the concert had almost immediately taken his mind off it. He smiled brightly. "Hey that helped, thanks Hope!"

Hope: Hope flashed him a grin. "Anytime." Though she didn't know what she had done. "And I guess that's fair enough, but it should still be fun."

Curt: Curt looked over to Johnny. "You okay over there, mate? You look like you're holding in a fart."

Curt: "Yeah, I'm hoping it is. It will involve tents, it's a one-night thing, but I'm going to bring one with a separator. I am also trying to include myself in more group-social activities, sort of as a way to socialize the other side of me. And then sometimes I'm trying out the wilder side and letting him pick the activities. I don't think Laura's too interested in those."

Johnny: "I'm fine," Johnny replied with a nod, giving him a smirk, "Are you sure about that?"

Curt: "Well... I dunno. Maybe she wants to do the more Lizardy-stuff, but I doubt it. I figure by now she's had her fill of crazed, mutants who- Hey! I get what you mean with that! Not cool."

Johnny: He laughed.

Hope: Hope just rolled her eyes. Boys.

Curt: "I just... I don't want to think about those things. ... Yet." He looked shiftily away.

Johnny: "How can you not want to think about those things?"

Hope: "Those things are awesome."

Curt: He blushed. "I just... that's... not what this is about." he wanted to add yet, but he didn't feel it was appropriate. "I'm trying not to push those things 'cause this is her first relationship. The physical stuff is... monumental for most people. Worth sitting on."

Hope: "Nothing wrong with waiting either." Hope shrugged a bit.

Curt: "Well, point is, separated tents." He cautioned to Johnny.

Johnny: "Sounds disappointing to me, but I'm sure she won't know the difference," he shook his head.

Hope: Hope smirked at Johnny. Such a boy.

Curt: "Well what, you think I should make a move? That seems... dangerous. And not worth it. I am basically gaining her trust. I mean... we didn't really kiss yet even." He realized the woman in front of the other two was clearly listening in.

Johnny: He shook his head, "I never said that."

Curt: She was leaning on her arm rest, her ears perked out just enough towards Curt to hear everything. She began to snicker as Curt admitted they hadn't kissed. He frowned.

Curt: "Then what did you say?" He asked, ignoring the snoop.

Hope: Hope glared at the girl, then looked at Curt. "No. You're doing the right thing, Curt."

Curt: He shrugged. "I try to be a good person, so... I would think so."

Hope: "You are a good person." Hope assured him. She started to reach across the aisle to pat him again, but stopped herself. Stupid flight attendant.

Johnny: "Yeah, you are," Johnny agreed with a nod.

Curt: "Uh... okay, thanks?" Curt asked the flight attendant, as she passed, for a ginger ale. She brought it to him and he popped it, satisfied with the taste. "I'm worried that I might be spending too much time away... too long."

Johnny: "Don't be all clingy," Johnny advised.

Curt: "Well... I know. But I mean, it's the beginning of the relationship. It's like saying 'Hey I like you, we should date. Bye, see you in a month!'... seems distant."

Hope: "It'll be ok, Curt. It's not like she doesn't get the concept of summer break now." Right?

Curt: "Well... I'm also worried she doesn't have anything to do there. She said she'd fill her time with meeting new people, but I can't imagine there's a lot of them there in the summer."

Johnny: "Probably better. It wouldn't be overwhelming," he reasoned.

Hope: "Ease her into society." Hope added in.

Curt: "Yeah, true. Hey, Johnny I'm wondering now... are your parents aware that two uh... Lizardy people, are coming?"

Johnny: Johnny nodded, "Yep. Sue told them about Melati. Made it easier to explain you."

Curt: "I'm warning you now, Lizard in London... I'm gonna do my best to contain that, but I can't make any promises."

Johnny: "If you make it to London, you're on your own."

Curt: "We can't go to London?" He whined.

Johnny: Johnny made a bit of a face, "Why would you want to?"

Hope: "I've never been either." Hope glanced between them.

Curt: "'Cause... London?" He said pointedly.

Johnny: "I don't see the appeal..."

Hope: "That's because you're a native."

Curt: "You're too British." He said flatly. "You're too British about things."

Johnny: "...And you're too Australian...?"

Curt: "Oi! No such thing!"

Hope: "...I'll settle for being too awesome." Hope rested her head against Johnny, again trying to go to sleep.

Curt: Curt smirked as he looked back to the screen. "I wish they could show an interesting documentary or something."

Hope: "Oxymoron."

Johnny: "I wish you would both be quiet," he sighed.

Hope: "You shush." Hope smirked at him, closing her eyes again.

Curt: "It's not an oxymoron. And yeah, shush. You sound like you're not excited to be bringing your girlfriend, sister, and friends home?"

Johnny: "Or I'd like to have a nap before having to deal with my parents?"

Curt: "Your parents can't be that bad." Curt looked to Sue. "Well... they can't be worse than her."

Hope: "Cuuuurt." Hope whined. "I'm trying to go to sleep."

Johnny: "Wake her and Melati up and tell them all about Laura," Johnny advised, resting his head against Hope's.

Curt: He rolled his eyes. "Herman Cain is more interesting than this plane trip..." he mumbled.
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

Re: Summer 2015: Hope

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

Summer sucked, Hope decided as she sat by the river, throwing rocks into it. She wasn’t really friends with Melati. She and Sue weren’t really on speaking terms. She didn’t want to bug the guys with their bromance. So that left her, by herself, either staring out the window or down by the river.

Normally Hope wouldn’t mind the alone time, but she didn’t want to be alone. Not now. Now when she was alone she couldn’t stop her mind from replaying the awful events over and over in her mind. Could she have fought better? Harder? Could she have overpowered Essex? Could she have escaped and never been made into War?

Hope threw another rock into the river. Why was she even here? It wasn’t like she ever got to see Johnny now. His parents were nice, but she knew that pity look they gave her. Why was she there? She ran her fingers through her hair in frustration. She had been stupid to blurt out that she loved him to Sue. She have been even more stupid to repeat it to Johnny. He obviously didn’t feel the same way, he was just too stubborn to realize it.

So where did that leave her anyway? It left her in a foreign country with no ticket home until the end of summer. She was stuck. Stuck with the parents that pitied her. Stuck with the sister that hated her. Stuck with the friend she didn’t know very well. Stuck with the boyfriend that didn’t love her. That one hurt the most.

Somewhere deep inside her War was gleeful. He’s an ass and he’s using you. He just wants you for sex. He’s probably sleeping with Jess on the side too. You know he would. You’ve seen how he looks at her. War whispered the lies into Hope’s subconscious, delighted to hear her say them out loud. Soon she would be able to regain control. She wouldn’t even put up a fight. She’d just give in. Yes, this was excellent.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Hope: Hope threw another rock into the river, liking the sound it made as it splashed. She sighed and leaned back onto her hands, stretching her legs in front of her and watching the river.

Curt: "Hope?" Curt came around the corner, sort of surprised anyone else was out here. There goes my postcard writing he thought.

Hope: Hope jumped at the voice, then smiled a bit. "Hey Curt. Looking for a place to hide from everyone?"

Curt: "Uh... sorta. I was gonna write a postcard to some people." He said with a half-shrug. He stuffed them into his back pocket. "What's going on with you, why you out here... hiding. From everyone?"

Hope: "It's awkward with the girls... and I'm being not clingy with Johnny. So river it is." She tossed another rock in. "I won't bother you then if you need to concentrate."

Curt: "No, no. It's fine. I'd actually like to talk to you."

Hope: She laughed a little at him. "I like talking to you too, Curt. You're a good friend."

Curt: He almost replied you too, and realized he hadn't really spoken with her very much about personal things. The most he could say was... she's a good person. "Yeah... thanks, I guess?"

Hope: "I'm really glad Laura took notice of you too. You must miss her." She moved her eyes back out over the water.

Curt: "Yeah... I really do. I don't get Johnny's dislike of her. I mean... if (and this is a big if) something like say,... marriage? --ever came around? He'd be my best man. What then?"

Hope: "Well I would hope that would be a long ways away... so give it some time?" Hope suggested. Marriage... she couldn't picture Johnny attending a wedding, let alone being in one.

Curt: "I figured as much. I know in the end he'd do it for me... I'd do anything for him and I'm fairly confident he's the same way. It doesn't always seem like it but... besides Laura the only other person to show any significant concern for Lizard is you and Johnny, and Johnny was definitely the first. He's seen me through some seriously bad spots."

Curt: "I sort of... have his back by proxy, on just about anything. I don't know what I would've done if he had been part of X-Force. I don't know how I could've rationalized that, after the fact that they had Laura do it. And she doesn't even register how bad it was."

Hope: "He's good about that." Hope felt calm at the thought of that, then anxious at the mention of x-force. "He's too... moral for that. So you don't need to worry about it."

Curt: "I know he is." Curt said firmly. "I do know that, I just... I worry he doesn't always know what he's doing. He flies by the seat of his pants, doesn't keep control."

Curt: "He sort of wings it. All of it. Everything. Sometimes that's great but... sometimes it's not. And it really makes me doubt what I'm doing with Laura. I think I'm winging it, like Johnny does but ... I'm not. I'm not anywhere close to his ability to be spontaneous."

Hope: "You can't compare yourself to Johnny... he's his own creation just like you are your own. And every relationship is different. So as long as you and Laura are happy, that's what matters."

Curt: "That's true." He said, "and... I think we are. Or will be. Hasn't really been that long. Damn, I wish I could call her or something."

Hope: "I'm sure Johnny or Sue can help you with calling her. She's staying at the school right?"

Curt: "Yeah, but I'm not going to bother calling the school to talk to her, we've been dating for like... two weeks? Tops? It's a bit... Johnny's right. It's a bit clingy."

Curt: He really did want to talk to her though. Not like he was missing her so bad he was crying, but he felt a deep guilt that he had let her down leaving, even though he also knew deep down she didn't understand the idea of being left behind. Not like this, at lest.

Hope: "I think it would be ok to call her and let her know you got here safely and that you look forward to seeing her... whenever it is you are going back. Just don't call her everyday." She smiled at him, finally looking over at him again.

Curt: "... That's true. That's... that's a good idea, thanks Hope!" Curt's smile brightened. "I'll write the letter too 'cause... it's gonna be a good one. I'm thinking of some good science jokes I know."

Hope: Hope laughed easily at him. "There you go. Sometimes I think Johnny thinks any sort of affection is clingy, so there's that."

Curt: "He is the opposite of a barnacle."

Hope: Hope laughed again. "Yes... whatever the opposite of a barnacle is."

Curt: "Rolling stone? Current? I dunno..."

Hope: "He's like fire... hot and nice to look at, but you can't get too close to it."

Curt: "Ha! It's funny 'cause... yeah." He knew she got it as soon as he started talking.

Hope: Hope laughed again and grinned. "I'm so punny with my metaphors."

Curt: He chuckled and poked her. "Oh so punny. Wanna hear a good science one?"

Hope: "Sure Curt." She laughed with him. "What's your science joke?"

Curt: "You can get never get a straight answer from an oceanographer. They just say, 'it deepens'." He snorted and laughed.

Curt: "Get it? It's hilarious. That's one I've heard at the lab a few times, sometimes with different alterations, like Speleology twists."

Hope: Hope laughed with him a little. "You're such a nerd, Curt." She smiled and patted his shoulder a bit.

Curt: He frowned. "... Laura likes that I'm a nerd. Well... she doesn't call it a nerd per say."

Hope: "It's what makes you adorable."

Curt: "Yeahuh." He said, scratching the back of his head, reddening.

Hope: Hope laughed at him again. "Awwwww I made you blush!"

Curt: "No." He denied, trying to hide his face with the postcards. "I'm getting sun burnt. There's overcast."

Hope: "Awwww I'm sorry I made you uncomfortable, Curt." Ok she wasn't, it was adorable.

Curt: "Nono, I'm fine. No uncomfortable." He brushed his hair away and cleared his throat. "I'm worried about this three day concert though..."

Hope: "Why are you worried about it?" Hope tossed another rock into the river.

Curt: "Why wouldn't I be? I may have a separater, but my girl friend is in the other half." He bit his lip. "Okay, ... I'll admit something... it's not fear. I mean, maybe a bit, but i'm not worried so much as... anxious."

Hope: "I don't know, Curt... I've never really had that problem... so I don't know how to give you advice."

Curt: "Yeah. Hey, speaking of giving advice, can I ask something?"

Hope: "Always Curt. You don't have to ask permission."

Curt: "Well... what the hell is going on with you? You're a bit of a recluse, and that's sorta weird 'cause you're here to be around Johnny and his family and us. It's a group vacation, more or less. Johnny and I went to the pub. Together. Sans anyone else."

Hope: Hope blinked at him. Wow that was sudden. "I uh...." She fumbled for words.

Curt: "Not to throw you off guard but,... if this is about War, I think you should take the vacation as time to sit on her, put her out of your mind. Hence the point of the vacation. As I had sorta advised before."

Hope: "I already told you. It's weird with the girls and I can't just spend all day hovering with Johnny. That's clingy." She shrugged a bit. "And there is no War." She lied to him. It was getting too easy to lie about that.

Curt: Curt bit his lip as he chose his next words carefully. "I think you're better than you think you are." He said slowly, trying to think about the words as he said them. "And you're not giving yourself enough credit. Which might change how they see you. And that's not fair to them or (more importantly) yourself. You're better than that."

Hope: "I don't follow... what do you mean better than I think I am? I think I'm awesome." She flashed him a grin, though it was admittedly a bit forced.

Curt: Curt stared placidly at the grin. "You hate what you did and therefore you hate yourself. You may have become severely misanthropic, maybe even misotheistic and given up all hope that there's something or someone out there who cares, but there are. And they're mostly all inside that house." He pointed.

Curt: "Just saying."

Hope: "Inside the house is the person who also tried to kill me. So there's that. And Johnny has drilled it into my head that I am not responsible for War or the things she did."

Curt: "Yet..." He tried to encourage her to give him more.

Hope: "So you think Essex is coming back for me too?"

Curt: "What?" he blinked. "No. I am saying you are came here, despite Sue. Despite any doubts you may have about yourself or what you did. You came here to be happy. Essex is gone. He's not coming back. And... if by some strange hellish miracle he does? Laura, Johnny, myself, and many others, would probably tear him to shreds before he got within a foot of you. Didn't I tell you about the biological security program I'm thinking of installing?"

Curt: "I'm gonna propose ti to Xavier. It recognizes your body chemistry, X-Rays you instantly as you walk through, checks that your organs are where they're supposed to be, memorizes eye patterns, pupils, irises, hair follicles. No shape shifters or anyone else can get through, ever again."

Hope: "Sounds too good to be true." Hope sighed and lay back on the grass. "And Jess. You forgot Jess." She missed her friend, which was an odd feeling. She didn't really miss people. People let her down.

Curt: "Yeah, yeah. Crazy girl who dates FistyCuffs, her too." He said rather flatly. Jess? Whatever. She constitutes as a friend and I'm sure she'd break people in half for Hope too...

Hope: Hope laughed and looked over at him. "That's the one. We discovered we actually have a lot in common, once I got over being jealous of her."

Curt: "And it's not too good to be true. Science is unstoppable. If you have an idea and drive, you can make something happen." He made fireworks in the sky with his hands and explosions from his mouth and then spirit-fingered the sparkles falling to the water. "SCIENCE!"

Hope: Hope just stared at him, then burst into laugher again.

Curt: He cringed, feeling hurt. "... I thought it was funny..." he said. "And wait, jealous?" Curt was taken aback. "About what? What is there to be jealous of?"

Hope: "I thought she was trying to get with Johnny. And it was funny. You're awesome."

Curt: "She was what?" He thought about it. "Ohhhh... yeah I can see how you might think that."

Hope: "Ok good I'm not the only one then." That made her feel a bit better. "But it's not really an issue now. She's my person."

Curt: "Yeahuh. Girlstuff, I get it." He didn't, but he didn't need to.

Hope: Hope grinned at him. "Yeah. Girl stuff. You got it." She sighed a bit. "I usually talk to her about stuff that I can't with Johnny. So it's kind of weird to not have her around now."

Curt: "Well... I sort of serve as Johnny's go-to, but... I care about you to. And if you two need to talk separately, I can hopefully mediate." He realized what he was saying could be misconstrued. "Not meddle. Just mediate. Or... exchange another side the other person might not see." He realized that was still meddling.

Curt: "Or I could shut up. I just feel bad both of you have helped me so much with Laura and i'm useless trying to help either of you."

Hope: "It's not that we're having problems... it's just... it's a girl thing.... wait Johnny needs help with me?"

Curt: "Nooooo. No. Not really. Not - no. I think both of you seem exasperated. You two should go out on a date. Just you two, while you're here."

Hope: Hope just managed to not roll her eyes as she sat back up, throwing a rock at the river. "Sure thing."

Curt: "Duuu eeeet." He insisted playfully. "Or go pounce him, smex him, whatever."

Hope: "That's just awkward... his parents... and sister... and ew."

Curt: Curt shrugged. "Go somewhere else? I dunno. I doubt he has a preference."

Hope: "I'll uh, keep that in mind." Hope realized she was officially weirded out by Curt trying to act as her pimp.

Curt: "Well, I'm just saying, I -... I dunno. Doesn't sex like... make problems go away? People hype it up as if it's so important."

Curt: His eyes got wide. "I mean... Of course it is. I know that. I've totally done that like... it's so important." He looked away as if it was nothing. "Like, easy."

Hope: "You totally have your V-card don't you?"

Curt: "Whaaaaa-don't be stupid. Come on? Like the sheilas don't come... knockin' for... this wild.. uh... ride."

Hope: Hope bit the inside of her mouth to keep from laughing. "Of course they do, Curt. You are one... uh... wild ride. I guess... having never ridden... ok yeah so I'm uh going to go grab some lunch."

Curt: Curt frowned. "What'd I say?" He asked himself as she ran off. "Is she crying"
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Curt: "Someone needs to take a Swiffer to this place..." Curt said to Johnny, under his breath, as they entered. "I thought that last time, I still think it."

Johnny: Johnny gave a shrug as he led the way into the pub, "Floods every year. I imagine it'd be hard keeping any place looking nice with that."

Curt: Curt shivered as he thought of the hundreds of different types of mold in the beer cellar. "Okay... so, what do you usually get here?" Curt asked. "Stout? Ale?"

Melati: "An infection, I reckon," Melati commented, strolling in after the guys. "Don't get me wrong, I mean that as a compliment."

Curt: Curt tried not to laugh too hard. "Mel, I'm glad you came along."

Melati: "Couldn't let you two bring down this place all by yourself, could I?" She smirked, standing with her hands in the pockets of her torn army pants, and casually scanned the room.

Johnny: "I haven't died yet," Johnny grinned. Then, a thought occurred to him. "...If you're with us, that means we just left Hope and Sue alone together."

Curt: Curt shrugged. "Let them work their things out." He said, patting Johnny's back. "Don't worry about it, it's best for everyone."

Melati: "You think that'll end up being a problem," Mel asked, turning to look at Johnny. "All possible scenarios my mind can come up with for this end with them making out angrily."

Curt: Curt tried not to show how hot he thought that was.

Johnny: Johnny shuddered, "If it was anyone but Sue and Hope..." Like, Jess.

Curt: "I wonder if Jess and Laura ever made out, as some sort of social experiment to see what it's like?" Curt wondered. He then ordered his pint and pondered on that some more. "... Seems fairly likely..."

Curt: Curt sighed "No wait, she's with that FistyCuffs guy. She wouldn't ever do that. Or maybe she would?"

Johnny: He had to resist the urge to mention catching Hope and Jess because one of them would kill him if it got back to them.

Melati: "I'm afraid it'll forever remain a secret of us girls how much of that is a male fantasy and much is truth," Melati commented, taking a seat and signaling the barkeeper to order a drink.

Melati: "Just for the record, I don't count as a valid example," she added. "Unfortunately, not everyone is like me."

Johnny: Johnny ordered himself a drink through snickering, nodding in agreement, "It is unfortunate that very few are as awesome as you."

Curt: "Unfortunately." Curt said, raising his glass for a toast to her.

Melati: Picking up her pint as soon as it was put down in front of her, Mel shot the guys a smirk and returned their toast. "And let it be known it's not because I wouldn't try hard to set an inspiring example for everyone."

Johnny: "You're already an example for everyone, much like me," he smirked as he took a sip from his glass.

Curt: Curt rolled his eyes. "You're the perfect example of an ass." He said with a sneaky smirk to Johnny.

Johnny: "Everybody says that, but everyone still loves me. Obviously I'm doing something right."

Melati: "Hey, I can be an ass, too," she commented, before taking a swig from her beer. "I just look better than him while pissing people off, so they tend to ignore it."

Curt: Curt shook his head. "I could never be an ass... Do you hear yodeling? From way in the back corner?"

Johnny: "Hey... I look amazing..." Johnny replied, shaking his head, "Maybe it's just you?"

Melati: Melati frowned. "Yeah, must be you," she told Curt. "Who knows, maybe you're developing a third personality aside from the Lizard and non-scaly you. You know, as a means to live out your bavarian side."

Curt: "We need some drinking songs." Curt looked around "Nobody sings in this pub? What kind of a pub did you bring us to Johnny?"

Hope: Hope had decided to stop being mopey and explore the little town a little bit. She ducked into a pub, figuring they would have food... and booze. Booze sounded awesome.

Johnny: "Drinking songs? I don't think we're drunk enough for drinking songs..."

Melati: "I knew I should have brought my guitar," Mel commented. "Give me a couple minutes and a few more drinks, then I'll hit you with my acapella skills."

Curt: "You don't drink enough?" The Aussie in him as immediately offended. "Mate, you need to get on that."

Hope: Sitting down at an empty table, Hope was soon joined by one of the local boys. She flashed him a dazzling smile. She was still hot. She could totally drink for free in any country.

Johnny: "No, I just haven't had enough yet..." Johnny grinned.

Melati: "Then we need to get around to work on that." Mel nodded and clinked her glass against the others.

Curt: "Aye, let's get on it!" He quickly turned his pint up and his neck back, letting the cool beer soak down into his mouth, and a bit around his cheeks. He downed it, burping loudly when he was finished.

Johnny: Johnny downed what was left of his drink and signaled for another round.

Hope: The cute little local boy was quite charming and soon had Hope laughing at his jokes.

Johnny: He blinked at the laughter, trying to work out why it sounded familiar and glanced around, gaze landing on Hope with another guy. He frowned. Maybe it wasn't actually her. He looked back to Curt and Melati, nodding in their direction, "Is that who I think it is?"

Melati: Leaning sideways on her chair, Mel peeked past the other two at the table in the back. "Depends on who you're thinking it is," she said. "In any case, I predict fun to be had."

Hope: And there was more laughing. "No you don't have to buy me another drink, I can pay."

Johnny: "Well, I don't think I'm to the point of imagining Hope with other guys after one..." Johnny replied, looking over his shoulder at the two again.

George: "And what kind of gentleman would I be if I let a lovely lady buy her own drinks?" He flagged down the waitress.

Melati: "You know, I could deck him, if you like," Mel offered, still watching the two in the back.

Johnny: Johnny looked thoughtful over a long drink, debating the offer. He set his glass back on the table, "I want to see where it goes before punching him in the face." Then, he added as an afterthought, "You don't think she'd actually... y'know...?"

Melati: "Nah... I doubt it." Melati frowned, peeking over her glass. She frowned, before giving a shrug. "Then again, I don't know her that well. So, who knows?"

Johnny: "That's... not really reassuring."

Melati: "Hey, all I can say for sure is that if she's even the tiniest bit like me, you're pretty much screwed." She cracked a grin.

George: Pubguy leaned in to kiss Hope.

Melati: "Yep, you're screwed alright," Mel added.

Johnny: Johnny decided to take another long drink at that and gestured for another round, "What?" He looked over his shoulder and simply stared as he let that scene process. His mouth worked for a moment, and he finally managed words, "Go punch him."

Hope: Hope leaned back to get out of range, nearly falling out of her chair doing so.

Melati: "Finally!" Melati put down her drink, got to her feet, and crossed the pub with a couple wide strides. "Oi, duckface!" The poor sod barely had time to give her a surprised look, his lips still puckered to kiss, before Mel's fist send him tumbling over his chair and onto the ground.

Hope: Hope blinked at that, getting to her feet. "Melati?"

Melati: "Oh, hey there," Mel replied, showing Hope a grin. "What a coincidence, eh? Was just hanging out here, sipping some beer, and saw you with something sticking to your face."

Hope: "Yeah I was handling that...." She glanced down at the guy who was out cold. "But thanks!"

Johnny: Johnny finished off his drink before going to follow Melati, slinging an arm around her shoulders, "That might end up being my favorite part of break."

Hope: Ah hell. Johnny. She grinned at him. "It was great, wasn't it?"

Melati: "Oh, you're welcome." She shrugged, before turning to look at Johnny. "Well, what can I say? I live to provide good times for everyone." Shrugging again, she nodded her head at the unconscious guy on the floor. "Granted, maybe not totally everyone."

Hope: "He totally deserved it for half of his jokes anyway." Hope shrugged.

Johnny: "Yeah, that part was," he nodded. The rest of it was another story. "I'd say he'll always remember being punched in the face by a lizard chick, but... you're not very lizardy right now... and I'd be impressed if he remembers anything."

Melati: "So, what are you doing here, anyway," Mel asked. "Guess you didn't feel like spending the afternoon with Sue then."

Hope: "Yeah no. Figured I'd get out and do some exploring. What's the point of being here and not seeing anything? What are you all doing here..." Without me.

Melati: "Figured you and Sue needed some time alone to work out that obvious sexual tension between you two, so I grabbed Curt and Johnny here to have a guy's night out." Melati shrugged again. "Guess between the three of us, we almost manage to add up to one guy."

Hope: Hope just stared at them for that comment.

Johnny: Johnny laughed.

Hope: Mocking me... Hope shook her head a bit. She glanced down at the guy on the floor. "Thanks for the drinks, George. So where are we sitting?" She asked as she looked back up at Johnny and Melati.

Melati: "On our asses, of course," Mel replied, thumbing over her shoulder. "Back there, by the bar."

Johnny: "Speaking of sitting on our asses... We should probably sit Curt back up."

Melati: Turning her head to look back, Melati frowned. "And here I thought he were part-lizard, not part-turtle."

Hope: Hope laughed and tried to read Johnny's face. Was he mad?

Johnny: Johnny eyed Curt's slumped form with a bemused expression, starting back across the pub, "Is he trying to yodel?"

Hope: Hope sighed and downed the rest of her drink before following. When did things with him get awkward?

Melati: "Sounds more like he's trying to imitate a chicken to me," Mel remarked.

Johnny: "Now the question is... Do we give him more to drink or leave him thinking he's a chicken?"

Melati: "More to drink, definitely." She nodded with determination. "This can only get better, after all. If we get lucky, we may find out he can actually turn into more than one animal."

Hope: Not wanting to be the smarty pants and point out that he wouldn't, Hope just grinned. "Challenge accepted."
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Hope: Hope lay back on the picnic blanket with her head in Johnny's lap, looking up at the clouds. After the incident in the pub, she figured it was a good idea to take Curt's advice and kidnapped Johnny for a date. A picnic was perfect. "Do you think it's going to rain?"

Johnny: "Most likely," Johnny answered from his spot, staring up at the clouds in the sky. "Amazing it hasn't yet."

Hope: "Too bad nobody around here has weather manipulation... I could make it sunny again."

Johnny: "It's not supposed to be that sunny. It's England," he pointed out.

Hope: "Well, at least make it not rain on our heads."

Johnny: "Well, it hasn't yet."

Hope: "Obviously...." Hope sighed a bit.

Johnny: Johnny noted the sigh but didn't say anything of it. "Maybe we should pack up and head back before it does."

Hope: "Afraid of a little rain?" She smirked up at him.

Johnny: "Of course not," he shook his head. He wasn't afraid of rain... as long as it was only a little...

Hope: Hope sat up so she could look at him better. "You're still mad about the pub aren't you?"

Johnny: "No," Johnny shook his head again, "I wouldn't be mad that you were letting another guy buy you drinks. Not at all."

Hope: "You are totally jealous!" Hope was slightly amused.

Johnny: "I'm not jealous," he denied.

Hope: "You are so." She smiled and poked him gently.

Johnny: Johnny moved to sit up at the poking, swatting at her hand, "I am not."

Hope: "Oh so I should have let him kiss me then? Since you don't care?"

Johnny: "I'm sure you would've liked it, seeing as you found him so charming."

Hope: "Surprised you noticed me anyway."

Johnny: Johnny raised an eyebrow, "How could I not with all the laughing? I'm sure the entire pub noticed."

Hope: "I'm sorry that I'm hot enough to get someone to notice and buy me drinks without bitching about it. Maybe you should date somebody ugly and then you won't feel so insecure!"

Johnny: "Maybe I should!" he snapped.

Hope: "Johnny..." Hope sighed, resting her forehead against him. "I'm sorry."

Johnny: "Yeah," Johnny muttered.

Hope: "You've gone out twice without me now... I didn't think you'd care."

Johnny: "I've gone out with Curt twice. Not gone to pick up other women."

Hope: "I didn't want to pick him up... I just didn't want to pay." She nuzzled him just a little. "And his jokes were way lame. Yours are much better. And you're so much hotter."

Johnny: Johnny rolled his eyes a little, still scowling.

Hope: Hope kissed on his cheek, moving to his jaw. "Why would I ever want him when I have you?"

Johnny: "I don't know," he sighed.

Hope: "Exactly. Now we can spend the rest of the day fighting over somebody that doesn't matter... or...." She pulled him into a kiss.

Johnny: Johnny debated and allowed himself to be pulled into the kiss. He supposed they should get this over with before it rained.
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

Post by Svartfreja »

Hope: Hope took Johnny's phone and went to find a quiet corner in the house. She curled up in it and thumbed through until she found Jess's number. She hit dial.

Jessica: Jess startled a little, not really expecting her phone to ring at all never mind in the middle of the night. She grabbed it and slipped out of the window, adhering to the wall while she answered the call, "Johnny? Do you have any idea what time it is?!"

Hope: "Sorry.... it's Hope... where are you?" Hope cringed a bit. She felt bad for waking her up.

Jessica: "Hope?" she checked the caller id. Nope. Still said Johnny. "I'm in Tokyo with Danny..."

Hope: "Ah crap. Sorry... I can call back later?"

Jessica: "No, it's fine... later is not going to be good..." she ran a hand through her hair, "What's up?" She watched the lights of the city out in front of her. Maybe she could wander up to the roof....

Hope: Hope sighed and leaned her head back against the wall. "I don't know what's going on with Johnny. He's just... more distant than usual. And he's gone out drinking with Curt and then Curt and Mel, which meant that I was here alone with Sue, so I went to town on my own."

Jessica: She raised an eyebrow, "Didn't he invite you there? What's he doing not taking you out drinking?" Yep. Roof. She counted the windows as she headed up.

Hope: "I don't know. So I went to the pub by myself and some local guy bought me some drinks and he saw us and got all pissy with me over it. Like he doesn't flirt with anything with a vagina."

Jessica: "Ugh... he's being stupid. Did you tell him he's being stupid?" She sat down on the edge of the roof.

Hope: "He thought I'd actually go sleep with that guy. I mean seriously? Seriously?!"

Jessica: She wrinkled her nose, "That's ridiculous! What does he take you for?!"

Hope: "I don't even know! And then on top of his crap, I keep getting these bad thoughts that just won't go away. And they are backed up by his attitude. Like does he even really still like me? Or is he just staying with me out of obligation throgh my PTSD?"

Jessica: "Oh now come on... why wouldn't he still like you? Yeah he's being a complete ass but that is kind of normal for him..." she chewed her lip, "If I was there I'd offer to talk to him for you but I suppose there's not a lot I can do from here..."

Hope: "Curt slipped up and mentioned that he's exasperated with me. I don't know what I'm supposed to do. I try to give him some space so I'm not all clingy and crap and it's just not working." Hope bit down hard to keep herself from crying. No way was she going back into Sue's room with tears on her face.

Jessica: She frowned, "I don't know what to tell you... I'm not exactly an expert at this relationship stuff... have you tried just talking to him about it?"

Hope: "It's hard to get any time with him at all, let alone, you know, alone." She pulled at her hair a bit.

Jessica: "So go on a walk with him somewhere? I'm sure there are nice hiking routes nearby or something... just do something together. You're supposed to be dating I'm sure the others will get it if you want some alone time..."

Hope: Hope nodded, running her hand through her hair. "Ok... ok you're right. You're amazing, you know that?"

Jessica: "Oh don't you start," she said with a small smirk, "Next thing I know you'll be blurting out the l word too."

Hope: Hope laughed at her. "Well I already blurted that out once already and look where it got me?"

Jessica: "Well with me it might get you thrown of a roof... I think Danny's deliberately avoiding saying it on roofs for that reason." she ran a hand through her hair. "I got hugged by his teacher-father guy too... that was totally weird by the way."

Hope: "Yeah no kidding! Is it just gorgeous there?"

Jessica: "The village was really nice but we only stayed for a couple of days... it got totally awkward after he mentioned the whole x-force thing and then he was all banished and whatever... did I mention it was just weird?"

Hope: "....ouch. He got banished?! That guy just can't catch a break." Sounded a bit like her own luck lately.

Jessica: "Yeah, tell me about it... also he's being poisoned by some supersecret ninja assassins so I'm supposed to be on guard duty." She peered down to her window.

Hope: Hope just blinked at that, then realized Jess couldn't see her face. "Like for real? Not like... some crazy joke?"

Jessica: "Yes for real. Welcome to my life. It's fucked up."

Hope: "And I thought I had problems." She sighed and lay down on the floor, staring at the ceiling.

Jessica: "I want your problems, they're less crazy..." she looked down the side of the building again then decided to move onto the roof properly before she did something dumb like drop her phone thirty stories. She found a spot and lay back to look up at the stars. "It's looking like we won't be in Japan much longer though..."

Hope: "I'm sorry... I'm here till the end of the summer. Providing Sue doesn't kill me in my sleep. I think she's considered it."

Jessica: "She won't kill you, she's too much of a good girl really. And don't worry about me, I'm sure I can find something to do..." she chewed her lip, "Something else crazy happened before I left..."

Hope: "What else crazy happened?" Because really? Wasn't there only so much crazy in the world?

Jessica: "I went to take some money out of my account so I could get it exchanged... I got kind of a surprise at the bank..." she scrubbed her face with her free hand, "There was... a lot more in there than there should have been..."

Hope: "But... how?!" Hope nearly sat up at that, then remembered to keep her voice down.

Jessica: "I have no idea... they insisted it wasn't a mistake - someone gifted it into my account and asked to remain annonymous..."

Hope: Hope wrinkled her nose a bit. "You think like, Xavier would do something like that? Maybe I should check my own account..."

Jessica: "I don't know... wouldn't he have warned me first or something?" she frowned, "It's not the first time something weird like this has happened though..."

Hope: "What else weird has happened?"

Jessica: "This phone was a surprise gift too... Johnny was there when I opened it. All paid and everything..."

Hope: "That's... really weird too." She chewed on her lip. "Who would be sending you money and a prepaid phone?"

Jessica: "I don't know... As far as I know I don't have anyone out there in the world... but someone's trying to look after me. I'd really like to know who it is so I can say thanks..." She pushed her fingers into her hair.

Hope: "Yeah... maybe some kind of Aunt or Grandparent maybe? That's just... kind of awesome, but freakishly scary all at once."

Jessica: "Yeah... like how would they get my bank details? I didn't have an account until I got to New York..." she sighed, "Anyway... look... don't tell anyone about that. I haven't even told Danny... I don't want it to get awkward...."

Hope: "Hey we're the dark and twisty friends. Our secrets stay with us. Since they are all, you know, crazy."

Jessica: She laughed a little, "Which one of us is dark and which is twisty?"

Hope: "I think it's safe to say we're both both of them. But I might be crazier so I'll be twisty." She smiled at that. Talking to Jess always made her feel better.

Jessica: She laughed again, "Sure and I'll be all dark and mysterious. That works." She watched the lights of a plane pass overhead, "So, is there anything else we should talk about?"

Hope: "Oh! Curt and Laura are dating."

Jessica: "Oh I know, I did that." she grinned a little. "Took forever."

Hope: "You are quite the little match maker!" Hope laughed at her. "Now if you can fix mine, I'll call you a miracle worker."

Jessica: "I don't know if it works long distance but I'll try for you... and you can call me any time, really... just not tomorrow. Tomorrow is going to be busy..."

Hope: "I'll remember that. And you can call too. Make Johnny give me the phone. But hey. Thank you... for listening. Really. There is a reason you are my person."

Jessica: "Well I ask you: What is the point of having super sensitive ears if you don't use them for listening once in a while?" she smiled, "But you're welcome."

Hope: Hope laughed again. "Yeah but I whine at you all the time. We need to go do something fun when we get back to school. No whining activity."

Jessica: "Like what? Because I have to tell you, I can find a reason to complain about anything. It's a gift."

Hope: "I don't even know. It will still be too hot to do anything fun like ice skating. We could go for a hike or something. Get away from all those people."

Jessica: "That sounds like an excellent idea. There are waaaaay too many people in Tokyo... I forgot how busy it is. Needing some serious quiet time..."

Hope: "We should go hike out to a lake or something. I like the water. But I'm not fucking staying in the woods. Clarice saw a damn bear."

Jessica: "Pfft. I can handle a bear." she said dismissively. "You forget who you're talking to."

Hope: "She teleported it into a tree." Hope laughed again. "Though together we could fry it. Roasted bear."

Jessica: "Never tried that. Sounds like a fun experiment. I accept your challenge." She grinned a little.

Hope: Hope groaned. "You're killing me!"

Jessica: Jess raised an eyebrow, "How? What did I do?"

Hope: She laughed again. "It's an expression. Sorry."

Jessica: "Ooooh... then pardon my fail."

Hope: "We have to watch The Sandlot when you get back. They say it a lot, only about this one kid, Smalls. So You're killing me Smalls! Great, great movie."

Jessica: She filed that piece of information away, "Okay I'll bear that in mind... we can have popcorn on the sofa in the rec room and glare at anyone that tries to ruin movie time."

Hope: Hope was lost to a fit of giggles. "...bear...."

Jessica: Jess blinked then laughed herself, "Oh you are terrible."

Hope: Hope laughed more. "See? We need to go on vacation together next time. I miss you too much."

Jessica: "We can have fun trying to find somewhere I haven't been yet." She offered, "Or I can show you all the best places out of the ones I have been to."

Hope: "Well, considering I'm a broke college student who probably will need to get a job this fall... maybe a road trip would be more within those means."

Jessica: "Hey I have money now, it's fine... and I also have a job. We can totally pull this off without either of us having to drive anywhere."

Hope: Hope grinned, though Jess couldn't see that. "Ok then. We have to think of somewhere cool to go for Christmas break then."

Jessica: "Well somewhere warm would be better," she joked.

Hope: Hope made a face. "What's the point of escaping the snow when we escape it all summer long? I like the cold."

Jessica: "Cold makes me sleepy... like for real. If I stand still too long I fall asleep. You are going to laugh your ass off at me in the winter."

Hope: "I can't wait to laugh my ass off at you this winter! You'll have to come skating with us. I am going to convince Johnny to play hockey with me this winter too."

Jessica: "Oh I'd pay to see that." She laughed, "I've never been skating before though so I'm not sure how well that'd go."

Hope: "Ohhhh it'll be great! I'll have to convert you to a hockey fan."

Jessica: "One step at a time." she reminded her.

Hope: "Right right, sorry. Baby steps."

Jessica: "You can't throw the crazies in at the deepend. We'll drown everyone else trying to stay afloat." She nodded sagely, "So unless you're a sadist..."

Hope: "I'm the twisty crazy one." Hope laughed at her. "Shouldn't I be warning you about that?"

Jessica: "I'm dark and mysterious, I can do whatever the fuck I want."

Hope: Hope laughed happily at her again. "I wish you'd want me up some cheesecake right about now."

Jessica: "I could really go for some cheesecake... I think the bar downstairs is open all night I may have to go and get some... you should guilt Johnny into getting you some."

Hope: "He'd probably tell me to have George go get me some cheesecake." She sighed. "He was so jealous... I didn't even think that was possible. You have to care to be jealous."

Jessica: She frowned, "Hope... he does care...." She sat up and ran a hand through her hair, "If you'd seen him when you were gone you'd know that.... I'm sure he's just worried about what to say to you. You need to talk to him..."

Hope: "Well... he did come save me..."

Jessica: "He did. Because he cares about you."

Hope: "Ok... we'll go on the walk and see what happens. You always know what to say. Sure you aren't a telepath?"

Jessica: "Pretty sure... I sometimes think I should be though." she smiled, "Look I'm sure it's a reasonable time of the day there so go and get yourself some cheesecake and relax. You're on holiday."

Hope: Hope laughed and smiled softly. "Ok. I'll do that. See if I can get Johnny too. You should get some more sleep."

Jessica: "Eh, I wasn't sleeping anyway... I'll just wander down to the bar for an hour and have some cheesecake myself." She got to her feet and crossed to the edge of the roof. "Remember, anytime but tomorrow."

Hope: "Sure thing. Bye Jess. And thanks. Again. Really."
:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

You left him alone while he was sleeping?! ...

Good read. I like "here's-what-you-missed" instances.
TechPrincess
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by TechPrincess »

I saw this and thought of Jess.

Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Hope's craaaaaaaazy. :shifty
TechPrincess
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by TechPrincess »

:shifty

Maybe.
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Hope: Taking Jess' advice, Hope walked along the river with Johnny. She glanced up at him, not really sure what she was supposed to say to him. Oh hey you're a distant ass how do we fix that? Yeah that'd go over well.

Johnny: Johnny loosely held onto Hope's hand as they walked, trying not to be too close to the river. He'd had bad experiences with it before and generally liked to avoid it.

Hope: Hope sighed in her mind and kept walking. She tried to think of something, anything to say. "So the Penguins were awesome this year," she blurted out.

Johnny: He blinked. Sports. Right. He could talk about sports... even though he only vaguely knew about American hockey teams. "Were they?"

Hope: "I'm hoping we can win the cup this year. We signed a bunch of awesome players."

Johnny: "Hopefully," he replied, considering that, "New York has a team, right?"

Hope: "Rangers and the Islanders... why?"

Johnny: "Maybe we could see a game or something..." Johnny shrugged.

Hope: Hope smiled and held his hand a bit more firmly. "I'd love to see you at a hockey game."

Johnny: "I can ice skate and play hockey."

Hope: "And look sexy, all at the same time. What a catch!" She grinned more. "Are you any good at hockey though?"

Johnny: He shrugged again, "I'm alright, I suppose. Only played in winter with some mates."

Hope: Hope moved toward a tree, leaning back up against it. "We should take Curt to a karaoke bar sometime."

Johnny: It took Johnny a moment to process the sudden change of subject, but he nodded anyway. "Possibly. I'm not sure we should encourage his drunken yodeling."

Hope: Hope laughed easily. "Awwww but it's hilarious."

Johnny: "Hm... Maybe if we take a video of it..."

Hope: "Like the one of you giving JP a bj?"

Johnny: Johnny simply stared for a few moments. "No. Nothing like that."

Hope: Hope snickered at him, then moved to wrap her arms around him. "I've yet to see this gem. Only heard of it."

Johnny: "It was a dare. And it wasn't an actual one."

Hope: She studied him for a moment. "Do you do anything you're dared to do?"

Johnny: "Usually?"

Hope: "Hmmmm that's handy to know." She leaned up to kiss the tip of his nose.

Johnny: Johnny's eyebrow went up, "Is it?"

Hope: She smiled and rested her head against him. "Naturally."

Johnny: "So... When did you want to head back?"

Hope: "I... hadn't really thought about it, honestly. Jess is in Japan right now, so there's that..."

Johnny: Johnny blinked, "...What does that have to do with going back to the house?"

Hope: "I thought you meant back to school..."

Johnny: "No..." he slowly shook his head.

Hope: "Ok... well answer is still valid, minus the part about Jess."

Johnny: "Oh... Well..." Johnny struggled for another topic to discuss, eventually asking, "Do you know when she's getting back from Japan?"

Hope: "She didn't know. She's with Danny." Being poisoned by ninjas...

Johnny: "Ah."

Hope: Hope closed her eyes and just stayed close to him. She couldn't deny the awkwardness, though she was at a loss as to how to fix it. She felt a little piece of her giving up. "You should probably head back. Looks like it might start raining again."

Johnny: "You're not walking back?" Johnny questioned, glancing between her and the way home.

Hope: "I.. well.." He was so confusing. She shook herself and slid her hand back into his. "We should head back." She corrected.
puppygirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pigeon Fancier
Nightscrawlearth Character: :blink :warlock :morph :deadgirl

Post by puppygirl »

Hmmm, Darren needs to send the video along at some point :scratch
Image NightscrawlearthImage

Pup's Blog -- Pup's Tumblr
"Why can’t people appreciate how much effort I put in to not becoming a serial killer?"
TechPrincess
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by TechPrincess »

Hope was aware that something was not right before she ever opened her eyes. She could hear the lapping of the water against something, which wasn’t right. She cautiously started to open her eyes, and then let them fly open when she saw she was no longer in Sue’s bedroom. She was in the river. A real, live, wet, moving river! She wasn’t moving though, so that was good. She checked around her, trying to take it in. She had either floated in there and gotten tangled or somebody had tied her there. Why was she even in the river?! Sue… She snarled a bit.

She rubbed her hands over her face, trying to think of what to do. She was close to shore, but who knew what was in that river. And she was in her skimpy nightgown! With no shoes. Fucking awesome. She moved to sit up and realized she was tied to the stupid mattress. She was so going to drown Sue for this. Set her on fire and then drown her in the fucking river herself. “Hello?! Help?! Anybody!?” She was able to wriggle out from under the rope, which relieved her greatly.

There was no time to cry over this now. She had to get to safety. Unfortunately, some other people had taken notice of the scantily clad redhead and were coming around to see if they could help her. Hope started to move as they threw a rope down to her. She was just able to make out the flash of a camera as she fell into the river.

Water rushed around her, sucking her under the air mattress. She opened her mouth to scream, gulping in water. Hope fought. She kicked with all she was worth and grabbed onto the rope again. The fire brigade pulled her in as they felt the rope tighten.

After much shouting and fast action by the townsfolk, they pulled the soaked Hope out of the river and wrapped her in a blanket, all the time asking her a hundred questions. What was her name? Where was she from? How had she gotten into the river? Where were her parents? Where were her clothes?

This was too much. Hope hid her face in her blanket and tried to shut them all out. She was vaguely aware of someone putting her into the back of an ambulance and shutting the door. It was a tedious ride to the hospital with poking and prodding. She had to tune it out. She couldn’t watch.

The doctors fussed over her forever, finally getting her to tell them her name. At last, after what felt like hours, she was alone with her tea. Hope sniffled and looked up to find herself on the local news. She grabbed the remote and turned the TV off then buried herself under the covers and finally let herself cry about the ordeal.

War was most pleased. This would be a perfect opportunity to usurp control. Emotionally distraught Hope wouldn’t be able to fight back like she usually did. I need to go home. It sucks here.
puppygirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pigeon Fancier
Nightscrawlearth Character: :blink :warlock :morph :deadgirl

Post by puppygirl »

O.o

Wait, read the Sue/Mel now. Poor Hope, Clarice will have some very strong words to say about this if she finds out about it.
Image NightscrawlearthImage

Pup's Blog -- Pup's Tumblr
"Why can’t people appreciate how much effort I put in to not becoming a serial killer?"
TechPrincess
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by TechPrincess »

Read the mel/sue FIRST :)
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Hope: Hope hadn't said a word the entire ride home from the hospital. She didn't say a word as she moved through the Storm house to Johnny's room, sinking down on his bed.

Johnny: Johnny followed Hope into his bedroom and quietly closed the door behind him. He stayed near the doorway as he eyed her, not entirely sure what to say.

Hope: "Either I'm moving in to your room, or I'm going back to school." She finally said.

Johnny: He stared at her for a few long moments as he let that process, frowning slightly. "Then, I guess you're going back to school."

Hope: Hope looked up at him, surprised. "Seriously?"

Johnny: "Well, you can't stay in here. I can't imagine my parents being cool with that."

Hope: "So your parents are cool with her nearly drowning me instead?"

Johnny: Johnny rolled his eyes, "It was a joke, Hope."

Hope: "Well it wasn't fucking funny!" Hope slid her hands to her face. She refused to cry over this crap again. "Funny is.. swapping out shampoo with washable hair dye that washes out in a few days. Funny is ping pong balls in your locker so they fall out on you."

Hope: "Tying somebody to an air mattress and putting them into a major river in the middle of the night isn't funny. I could have flipped and been trapped and drowned. I nearly drowned when they tried to rescue me!"

Johnny: "You're overreacting," he stated simply.

Hope: Hope threw his pillow at him. "I'm not fucking overreacting!" He may have helped.

Johnny: "What the fuck?!" Johnny exclaimed as he ducked the pillow. "Seriously, take a fucking joke! It was just some prank!"

Hope: "How about I tie you to a mattress and set you afloat and see how fucking hilarious YOU find it duck boy!"

Johnny: His jaw set as he took that in, giving her a glare, "At least I'd be able to see the funny side. You have absolutely no fucking sense of humor."

Hope: "Says the guy who won't step within 10 FEET of a body of water."

Johnny: "Of course not! Why would I after you tried to drown me!?" he snapped before he really thought about what he was saying.

Hope: Hope swallowed hard. She bit the inside of her mouth until she could taste the blood in her mouth. "So you're also a damn liar too. You swore up and down that it wasn't me and told me to get past it. No wonder you've been such a distant bastard. You still hold a grudge just like your bitch of a sister!"

Johnny: "I hold a grudge? I hold a grudge?! You're the one that can't get past whatever fucking issues you have with her, but I'm the one holding grudges? Are you that fucking delusional?" Johnny questioned, adding, "And if I'm such a liar and bastard and you can't deal with my sister trying to pull a joke on you, maybe you should fuck off back to school!"

Hope: "She tried to SUFFOCATE me and now she's tried to DROWN me!? What the fucking hell is WRONG with you!?" Hope wiped one stray tear away. "But I guess you don't really care anyway." She got up to push past him to go to Sue's room.

Johnny: "I thought you two were past the whole incident in the hall! And, she wasn't fucking trying to drown you, nor was she entirely responsible for it!" Johnny yelled after her, moving to follow and slamming his door behind him, "Since I don't really care though, I guess we're done."

Hope: Hope just gave him a look. "You think? You're perfectly ok with what she did. She sent me to the hospital. And you think it's cute and funny and I'm overreacting. I had to have a mother fucking PSYCH eval. They thought I was crazy! I'm not crazy! I'M NOT FUCKING CRAZY!" She started gathering her things, shaking the entire time.

Johnny: "Maybe you should try accessing your uncrazy side, so I could fucking tell!"

Hope: "The only crazy thing I ever did was telling you how I felt." She zipped up her bag. "You obviously never felt the same way." She started looking around again. "....I need my ticket."

Johnny: "The only crazy thing you did..." Johnny scoffed under his breath as he stormed down the stairs to go find her ticket, completely oblivious to the looks he was receiving from his family.

Sue: Sue stared after Mel as she made a swift exit from family awkward time. Traitor! She was totally paying for that later.

Hope: Hope hit herself in the leg a couple of times to keep herself from crying. Not yet. She picked up her envelope from the hospital and started down the stairs, glaring death at Sue.

Sue: Sue instinctively shielded herself.

Johnny: He tore through the things on the desk until he came across the plane tickets, plucking one up from the pile and offering it to her with a scowl.

Hope: "Thanks." She said, taking one last look at him. She was about to cave and beg him to reconsider when a thought crossed her mind. Don't do it. He doesn't love you. He used you for sex. He doesn't want you. Hope shoved the envelope at Sue. "So you can see all the shit you caused in your little 'joke.'"

Sue: "Uh.... okay...." she opened up the bubble enough to take the envelope.

Johnny: Johnny moved to get the front door.

Hope: She looked to his parents. She doubted she'd ever see that stupid pity look again. She was relieved. "Mr. and Mrs. Storm, I'm very sorry for this scene. You two have been most gracious hosts, and I thank you." One look at Sue cemented her next sentence. "Sue is a lesbian." She held her head high and marched to the door, forcing herself not to look back.

Sue: Sue stared at her. Oh she did not-!? Oh God! She promptly vanished from view.

Johnny: Johnny had slammed the door after her and paused with his hand on the knob, letting that sink in. Oh, no...
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Nuuuuuuuuuuuu!! D:
TechPrincess
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by TechPrincess »

Hope got to the bridge to town when she realized how stupid she was for not calling a cab. She glanced behind her, but the house was way too far away. Plus… like they’d help her now. She groaned. WHY had she said that?! Why had she said any of it!? She hadn’t meant most of it. Of course I did. Johnny doesn’t give a flying fuck about me.

Growling, Hope hurried on across the bridge. Fuck Johnny. She knew he’d abandon her anyway, send her packing like every single other bastard in her life. At some point she sat down beside the road, finally letting the tears fall. Now what was she supposed to do? She had a plane ticket for the end of the summer, no money, no phone, no idea where she was.

“…if I talk to you am I going to get punched again?”

Hope started at the voice. “No… no we just broke up. Hey George.”

George sighed and offered her a hand up. “I’ll get you into town.”

“You really don’t have to do that. I got you knocked out last time we met.”

“Told you, I’m a gentleman. I can’t just let you sit here lost.”

Hope sighed and took the offered help up. Already he was a more decent guy than Johnny.
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Svartfreja »

Hope: Hope sighed as she looked around her, frustrated. Where the hell was she?! She had taken the train from the little station to Birmingham, just like George had told her. From there she had gotten on the train to the airport... or so she thought.

Hope: She looked around her, bewildered. She started walking. Maybe she could figure out where she was.

Hope: A stabbing pain in her heart told her that she should call Johnny for help, but she shoved that thought away immediately. She kept walking, taking in the busy city around her. She was unaware of how long she kept walking, but she eventually just stopped.

Hope: There was a technopath near by! She ducked into the nearest call booth and told the phone to call Jess's phone.

Jessica: Jess grabbed her phone from the wall and took in the caller id. It was a UK number. She answered, "Hope?"

Hope: "Hey you got it right this time!" She sighed a bit, all her energy gone. She bit her lower lip to keep from crying.

Jessica: "Hope... why is your area code for London?" She knew that code. "Are you okay?"

Hope: "So that's where I am... no... not really... I'm lost. Though the big ass clock should have tipped me off." She sighed, leaning back against the glass. "Johnny and I broke up. And he handed me my ticket and kicked me out. I don't know how to get back."

Jessica: "Oh Hope... I'm sorry...." she chewed her lip, "Where are you now? Exactly. Can you see a street name?"

Hope: "Uhhh Bridge Street."

Jessica: "Oh you're right by the clock... okay.... Are you on the same side of the river?" It was a good thing she still remembered her lessons.

Hope: "I haven't crossed the river... is that good or bad?"

Jessica: "It's fine... when you're on the same side of the river as the building with the big ass clock, keep that building on your left. There's a station there but I don't think it's a great idea to tell you to get on another train...." she sighed, "So just... cross the road and there's a pub on the corner opposite. Wait in there. I will come and get you."

Hope: Hope chewed on her lip again. "Ok... are you sure?"

Jessica: "Yes. If I take too long and it gets to kicking out time, just cross the road again and wait in the square. There's a big old statue of Winston Churchill. You can't miss it. I promise I will be as quick as I can." She was already up and gathering things.

Hope: "Ok. I can handle that... and Jess? On the way home? I want a gallon of ice cream and about ten boxes of brownie mix. Ok?"

Jessica: "I was going to suggest the same thing." she smiled a little, "Just stay safe. I'll be there before you know it."

IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Svartfreja »

Hope: Hope lay on the floor on a blanket in what was now going to be Her and Jess's room for the summer. They had finished off a pint of ice cream already, and they had gotten through half the bowl of brownie batter before Hope had to stop. "I guess it's all my fault really."

Jessica: She frowned, "Why would it be your fault?" She also lay on the blanket but her legs were in the other direction. She turned her head to glance at Hope.

Hope: "I got attached. I know better. I've never had somebody in my life for more than a year at a time. I don't know why I thought this would be any different." She glanced over at Jess.

Jessica: She wrinkled her nose a little and went back to staring at the ceiling. "That's silly."

Hope: "Is it? I had thirteen foster homes from the time I was born until the time I was kicked out of the system." She looked back up at the ceiling. "It's like I'm cursed. Nobody can stick around. Watch out, you'll be next."

Jessica: "Pfft. I stick to things. It's one of my powers. I'd like to see you try." she sighed a little.

Hope: "Maybe I should just go back to Alaska..." she glanced over at Jess.

Jessica: "Don't you dare. It's all cold and... cold there." she looked at Hope, "I'm not visiting you if you go to Alaska."

Hope: "I like the cold, remember? And I don't want to be around when he gets a new girlfriend or a sex buddy. She'll be all pretty and smart and perky and they'll be all disgusting and adorable. And I'll hate her. And I'll hate him. And I don't want to hate him. Hating him is exhausting." She looked back up at the ceiling.

Jessica: "Then ignore him. It'll use up far less energy." she gave a shrug and returned to staring at the ceiling too. "Or we can take it in turns... but if we do that I have to get new friends."

Hope: "I can try to ignore him... but he'll still be there. And Sue... uggggh Sue. He thought her prank was funny. Johnny, the guy who won't even get in a kiddie pool, thought it was funny." She sighed again.

Jessica: Jess bent an arm to give Hope an awkward pat on the shoulder. "I'll zap her for you next time I see her. Let her wake up somewhere unpleasant."

Hope: "Put her in the boys locker room. That has to be terrible for a lesbian. Oh... I didn't tell you that part." Hope grinned, sitting up on her elbow to look at Jess. "I outed her to her parents before I left. I'm a terrible person." She covered her face with her hands and lay back down. "But it was so worth it!"

Jessica: Jess sat up then to look at her, "Oh you are! You didn't even stay to see what happened!"

Hope: "Johnny kind of slammed the door after me, so no. Never seen him so angry. And I still can't believe he threw War at me. That's so not fair."

Jessica: "Ass..." she scowled and lay back down again. "I'll yell at him when he comes back too.... I have a lot of shouting in my future.... not sure how I feel about that..."

Hope: "Mind zapping him too?" She glanced over at her friend.

Jessica: Jess thought about that then gave a shrug, "Yeah alright... do you want him unconscious too or shall I just do it enough that he screams like a girl?"

Hope: "Why choose when you can do both? We can leave him somewhere very unmanly... but where.... Oh I got it. On a raft in the pool." She glared at the ceiling.

Jessica: "If we're going to put him in water we can do a lot better than the pool - there's a lake on the grounds."

Hope: "And then camp out and watch him wake up and flail. And ask him how funny is is now?"

Jessica: "Yes. That. We will do that and laugh... we should get a camera and record it."

Hope: "We could just hire Darren to camp out and film and taunt."

Jessica: "I think he'd be totally up for that. He seems the type for a good bit of revenge."

Hope: Hope laughed finally. "At least he'd see it is not funny."

Jessica: She laughed too, "But I think we just found out why it is a little bit funny."

Hope: "...ok so you're right about that one. However, I only find it funny because he'll scream like a little girl."

Jessica: "He will and it will be spectacular.... and he's not in a strange place with a load of creepers with cameras looking at him..."

Hope: "Course not. He won't be alone. So if anything does happen, he can be saved. They didn't do me the same service."

Jessica: "And that is why they must be punished." Jess nodded sagely.

Hope: "I don't know what I'd do without you, Jess. I guess I can't go back to Alaska."

Jessica: Another thing floated into Jess's mind at that, "... Aren't there bears in Alaska?"

Hope: "....yes there are. Lots of them in the wilderness." She eyed Jess.

Jessica: "And yet you still want to go there...." She looked over at her again.

Hope: "Well... they don't come into the cities... much."

Jessica: She giggled, "Okay okay, I believe you." she turned her head back up to the ceiling again. "So... are we going to lie on the floor all day?" She didn't want to lie there long enough for them to get onto the subject of Danny.

Hope: "I may lie here the rest of the year...."

Jessica: "You can't do that - you'd miss out on revenge time... and any hot new students."

Hope: Hope made a face. She didn't care about hot new students. "I think I'll live."

Jessica: "Oh don't get all sad again..." she frowned over at her.

Hope: "I never got unsad." Hope grinned at her. She sat up, going for the brownie batter again.

Jessica: Jess sighed a little and rolled onto her side. "We should do something fun."

Hope: "I consider stuffing my face and hiding from the world fun. What do you consider fun?" Hope took another bite.

Jessica: "Hitting things in the gym until I feel better."

Hope: "What if I just watch you? This brownie batter won't eat itself."

Jessica: She sighed a little but sat up, "I suppose it'll do for now. When you see how fun it is you'll want to join in anyway."

Hope: Hope seriously doubted that. "We'll see about that." She got to her feet, keeping her bowl captive.

Jessica: Jess gave a small grin and picked up her bag to take down to the gym, "I'll let you use my powers."

Hope: "You temptress...."

Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Svartfreja »

Jessica: Jess closed her eyes as she lay on the massage table and tried to remember to relax. That was kind of the point of all this. She wasn't sure she could get used to the idea of someone with their hands all over her like this though. It was weird. She sighed a bit and looked over at Hope.

Hope: Hope was having no issues with being mostly naked and having somebody massaging her with oil. She had a very peaceful, happy look on her face. She cracked an eye open to see Jess, then grinned. Ok, Danny wasn't so bad at all. "This is awesome."

Jessica: Jess smiled back at her, "I'm glad you're enjoying it."

Hope: "Are you?" She was excited for the mani/pedis that were to follow their massage too.

Jessica: "I don't know yet... it's a bit weird..." she eyed the people over her shoulder, "I'll get used to it."

Hope: "Just breathe. It's supposed to get rid of all that tension."

Jessica: "I suck at relaxing, you know that right?" She smirked a little.

Hope: "Which is why you need this more than I do." Hope laughed at her.

Jessica: "I'm fine..." she rolled her eyes a little, "I'm allowed to be uptight - I'm british."

Hope: "That's an excuse." Hope grinned at her. "Too bad we can't have pets in the dorm. I mean, besides Curt." She shot Jess a smirk.

Jessica: She laughed a little, "I'm sure we could if we asked nicely but I'm not sure I'd be a good pet owner...."

Hope: "What about a fish?"

Jessica: "Why the hell would you want a fish as a pet?"

Hope: "Well... if it dies, you can flush it."

Jessica: "Yeah but... they don't do anything...."

Hope: "Exactly... but they swim. They are cute to watch."

Jessica: She wrinkled her nose a little, "I would've thought the point of getting a pet would be to, well... pet it?"

Hope: "Then why do they call fish pets?"

Jessica: "Because it sounds better than 'boring swimming things'?"

Hope: Hope laughed at her. "You're so goofy sometimes. You know that?"

Jessica: She raised an eyebrow at her, "I don't know if I should be offended or not...."

Hope: "Not. I think... I don't mean it in a bad way at least."

Jessica: "Okay..." she put her head back down and tried to get on with that relaxing thing.

Hope: "I can do this right?"

Jessica: "Hmm? Can do what?" she opened an eye.

Hope: "Be happy again."

Jessica: "Of course you can," she gave her a smile.

Hope: Hope smiled back, though somewhat weakly. She doubted it. "You ready to get your nails done?"

Jessica: Jess thought about it a little then nodded, "Yeah okay..."

Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

I was super confused by the river dunking too >>

Bwahahah, outting Sue was great though.
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Svartfreja »

Curt: Curt knocked rapidly on Jess' door.

Jessica: Jess looked over at the door, frowning slightly as she went to answer it, "Oh hey..."

Curt: "Jess!" He looked like he couldn't breathe. He was taking gasping breaths. "Jess! Help!"

Jessica: "What's wrong?" she looked into the hall behind him, "Are you okay?"

Curt: "I-... no!" He ran to the bed and sat down immediately. "She's-... where is she?"

Jessica: "Where is who?" Jess followed him once she closed the door.

Curt: "Laura! She's not-... Jess, I can't do it! I can't be with her! I have to break up with her! I can't breathe! Jess, I think I'm having a panic attack? Paper bag? Something?"

Jessica: "Uh just.... breathe slowly, in through your nose, out through your mouth. Count to three on your inhale and exhale..." she rubbed his back a little, who kept paper bags in their rooms? "Calm down then you can explain this craziness."

Curt: "I... I can't... I can't do it..." he tried to breathe out his mouth. It felt like it was helping. "I'm not good enough. I have one arm. I'm a nerd. I can't do this. I can't. I'm pathetic."

Jessica: "Shhh, of course you can." She continued to rub his back soothingly, "Laura thinks your good enough."

Curt: "She's wrong!" He exclaimed. "She doesn't know better! I could turn into a monster and eat her! What if we had kids? I can't trust him around kids... Kids? Oh my God! Parents? We'd have to be married! I don't think she even gets marriage... Oh God..."

Jessica: Jess decided there was nothing for it. He was getting hysterical. She slapped him. "You're being ridiculous."

Curt: "Ow! I'm in pain! I'm hysterical and I'm in pain!"

Jessica: "You're in pain because you're hysterical. Now stop it or I'll hit you again."

Curt: "I'm not going to be able to do it!" he assured her. "I can't! I'm not right! This is such a bad idea! I mean look at Danny! He's got everything, he's successful, he's got you, he's got it all! I have Laura, and I don't have the things she deserves. I don't have the ability to get those things."

Curt: "Jess, I'm just some science nerd and I'm never going to be anything more. I should end it before it gets worse..."

Jessica: "Curt, listen to me now..." She moved in front of him and crouched to be level with his face. "None of that stuff matters. The only thing that matters is whether or not you care about her. And you obviously do. The rest is... not important. It's all just stuff. You think I want all that stuff Danny can buy for me now? No. I don't need it. All I want is for him to be here."

Curt: "But I'm unsuccessful and nerdy. And I have one arm. I can't even hug her properly..." He started welling up. "I don't know what to do!"

Jessica: "You need to stop freaking out." Jess sighed, "Laura likes you enough to date you. That should be enough. Don't worry about all the rest. You're being silly."

Curt: "I'm being realistic. In nature, the best candidate for a mate has something to offer. Bobby stopped being able to offer something, so Lorna dumped him. He stopped being capable of being responsible as a mate. Now... as Lizard's noticed, Professor Drake has competitors."

Curt: "Other, well... 'mates' are circling. And I'm sure the same is happening to me. I'm not... the right 'mate' for her." he hung his head and tried not to cry.

Jessica: Jess knelt up and hugged him, "Curt, you're not listening. Laura likes you. And you care about her. Believe me when I say that's enough. This isn't survival of the fittest. Relationships are built on love and trust and I know you two have that."

Curt: "But... I'm weak." He said quietly. He took the hug and sort of felt bad. Like Laura or Danny or someone should be judging him.

Jessica: "No you're not. You're smart."

Curt: "That doesn't really mean anything anymore..." he said flatly.

Jessica: "It does to Laura." She reminded him, "She likes your brain.... and not in a wanting to eat it kind of way."

Curt: "... What happened to Hope and Johnny after I left?" he asked, afraid to hear the answer. He noticed some of Hope's things in the room.

Jessica: "They.... had a fight and broke up." There was no point not telling him.

Curt: "Oh God..." He knew they weren't going to make it but he didn't want to hear that now.

Jessica: "Yeah... I'm trying to help Hope through it... I don't want to have to console Laura too so you need to get over this... thing."

Hope: Hope came in the room with a fresh bowl of ice cream. She blinked at Curt, then smiled a bit. "Hey Curt."

Curt: "Oh... Hi..." he scratched the back of his head looking away. "I'm uh... really sorry."

Curt: His eyes were puffy from not crying. He wasn't crying. Oh My God... I'm a puss.

Hope: "For.... what? What's wrong?" She offered him the bowl of ice cream instead.

Curt: He took it, unsure at first, then realizing he really needed it. His eyes rolled into the back of his head as he took a spoonful.

Jessica: Jess smiled at Hope and mouthed 'thank you'.

Hope: Hope just shrugged then frowned. Now what was she supposed to eat for dinner?

Curt: Curt smiled. "I'm sorry" he said, mouth full of ice crem. "I'm not trying to eat your dessert here, I just... Feel miserable." He looked to Jess to explain so he could eat more.

Jessica: "He's got it into his head that he's not good enough for Laura. I told him that's bullshit but apparently my word isn't good enough."

Curt: He quickly stuffed more ice cream into his mouth to hide his shame.

Hope: Hope just stared at him. "If you break her heart with your crap I'll end you."

Curt: "I'll... I didn't... she can't be that attached already, can she?" Then he froze. "Wait... she kissed me. She. Kissed me." He looked to them. "You didn't hear that."

Jessica: She laughed a little, "I told you she likes you." She ruffled Curt's hair then got to her feet.

Hope: Hope put two and two together from what he said. "You want to break up with her now?!"

Curt: "Well... I'm not... the right... mate..." he got considerably quieter as he talked.

Jessica: "You know... you could be onto something... you are an idiot..."

Curt: He hung his head. "Ouch."

Hope: Hope smacked him upside his head. "Snap out of it!"

Curt: He almost started crying again, ice cream spilling out of his spoon back ito the bowl. "Ow..."

Hope: "Don't you give me that look. Be a man. You want to be with her don't you?!"

Curt: "Y-yeah?" He said, meekly. "Of course. I - she's... so pretty. And she's funny. And she's awesome..."

Hope: "Then stop whining! Go be happy and shit."

Curt: "I-... I don't know..." What was she doing to him? She was making him feel bad. He wasn't right for Laura... was he?

Hope: "You don't know? Did you not think about this before you started dating her? Did you not carefully consider things? You are going to be the bigest dickwad if you break up with her now, and that includes Johnny!"

Jessica: Jess folded her arms so she wouldn't shake him.

Curt: Curt didn't like being compared to Johnny. "Y-... you're right."

Hope: "Duh. I'm always right."

Jessica: "Of course we are. Now pull yourself together, get off your ass and stop feeling sorry for yourself."

Curt: "Alright..." He got up and looked to them. He handed the empty bowl back to Hope. "You're right. Both of you. Thank you." he turned and ran out of the room shouting "Laura, here I come!"

Jessica: Jess smiled a little at Hope, "We're a good team."

Hope: Hope grinned and nodded. "Yeah. We are."

Curt: The sound of Curt stumbling down the stairs and crying out in pain echoed down the hall.

Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Svartfreja »

Jessica: Jess huffed as she flicked through the channels. They needed something else to watch. Shark WEEK was fine... if it only lasted a week. That was some false advertising right there. "See anything good yet?"

Hope: "No... ugh why is there nothing ever good on?!" She glared at the tv, willing something exciting to come on. Hope took a bite of her cake, chewing thoughtfully. Who first thought of puting icing on cake? They were brilliant.

Jessica: "I don't know... I suppose we could always go back to sharks but there has to be something better than that..." she frowned a little, "Oh hey. Did you know I have a motorbike now?"

Hope: ".....why?" Hope just stared at her.

Jessica: "I don't know. Danny sent Laura and me one each..."

Hope: "That's kind of special.... what's with all his gifts?"

Jessica: "I don't know... he wants to be nice to everyone I guess.... because he can now." she shrugged, "It's fine, he can do that... I'd just rather he give me time than things..."

Hope: "Where is he anyway?" Hope took another bite of her cake, glancing over at Jess. Boyfriends sucked anyway.

Jessica: Jess checked her watch, "On a plane to L.A."

Hope: Hope sighed. "Well, what is his deal anyway?"

Jessica: She glanced over at her, pausing in her channel hopping. "What do you mean?"

Hope: "I mean, why can't he be here?"

Jessica: "He wants to be in charge of his company... and I guess he's in a huge hurry and hasn't learned how to say 'no' when they tell him to go somewhere..." she ran a hand through her hair. "When he gets back he's supposed to be here for a few weeks though so that'll be nice..."

Hope: "Why does he have to physically be there though? If he's in charge he should be able to work where he wants to."

Jessica: "I don't know... he wants to learn how it all works... I don't think he's in charge yet." She frowned, "Which I don't get because his name's on the company but whatever... some complicated legal mumbo jumbo..." she went back to flicking through the channels.

Hope: "That sounds about retarded actually. I mean, if it's his company..." Hope shrugged. "Woah wait, go back. What was that?"

Jessica: "Uh..." Jess pressed the button to go the other way, pausing on the news. Pictures of a very bad plane crash were on the screen.

Hope: Hope squinted as she read the flight number from JFK to... LAX, crash landed in Minnesota. "Dang... that looks bad."

Jessica: The remote slipped from her hand and onto the floor and her hands went up to cover her mouth. Oh no...

Hope: Hope looked from her to the tv. Oh hell. "Was that...."

Jessica: She nodded, still staring at the tv with her hands over her mouth. Oh God. This wasn't happening.

Hope: Hope winced as the screen flashed a message that said no surivors yet.

Jessica: Jess choked on a sob.

Hope: Scooting over to Jess, Hope wrapped her arms around her. Well this just sucked.

Jessica: Jess curled up and leaned against her, "Please turn it off..." she managed to choke out.

Hope: Hope turned the TV off and cuddled up with Jess, just holding her. There were no words she could say to make this any better.

Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Svartfreja »

Hope: It hadn't taken Hope long to fall back into her routine of staying in bed for long periods at a time. When she did get up, it was usually to shower, use the restroom, or get more brownie batter or ice cream. She sighed from her spot on the floor, staring at the ceiling. It sucked at school without Johnny. No it doesn't. It's great! Freedom!

Jessica: Jess sighed a little at her. "Come on... you're looking all pale and sickly. You need sunlight... and actual food." she held a hand out to her.

Hope: I am not a house plant. "I am not a house plant. I am fine here. And I am fine with my brownies."

Jessica: "People need sunlight too. It's called vitamin D. It's a thing. You need it to be happy. Come on..." she bent to take her arm and pull her up.

Hope: No! "I get vitamin D in the milk." Hope rolled away from Jess. You don't have to baby me. "You don't have to baby me."

Jessica: "I'm not babying you... you need to eat something other than brownie batter... it's not nutritious...."

Hope: "Eggs. Milk. Nuts. It's plenty nutritious."

Jessica: "It doesn't have all the vitamins you need... or any protein and if you cite the eggs at me I'm going to point at the cholesterol."

Hope: "Eggs are still the most complete form of protein." Nosey...

Jessica: She rolled her eyes, "Hope, please... at least let me cook you something.... have some tea with me?"

Hope: I don't want to have tea. "I don't want to have tea."

Jessica: "What about food? Aren't you bored of brownie mix?"

Hope: "Why would anyone ever get bored with brownie batter?"

Jessica: "Because it gets sickly after a while?"

Hope: "Maybe for you." Hope rolled her eyes. Why is she bothering anyway? "Why are you here anyway? Don't you have some awesome boyfriend you can call?"

Jessica: "I'm here because I'm your friend and I'm trying to help you..." she ignored the part about some awesome boyfriend for now.

Hope: "No one can help me!" She snapped at her.

Jessica: Jess startled a little, "Well not if that's going to be your attitude..."

Hope: Hope glared at her and got up. "I'm FINE. I don't need saving. I don't need fixing. I need left the hell alone!"

Jessica: "Well I hate to break it to you but you're on my floor, Hope. So, while you're there being a trip hazard, you're my responsibility."

Hope: Hope crawled onto the bed. "There?! Happier?!"

Jessica: "Still in my room." she pointed out, "I can't pretend you're okay, Hope. Not when I can see you like this... will you please just humour me and eat something else? Like a salad?"

Hope: "Does it look like I'm a giant rabbit to you?"

Jessica: "No... but I can probably change that if you give me five minutes to find Jack...."

Hope: She glared at her some more. "I don't need a babysitter!"

Jessica: "Well obviously you do because you're not taking care of yourself properly!" She took the bowl from her.

Hope: A deeper set glare passed over Hope's face. "Give it back."

Jessica: "No." She opened up the window and threw it out. "If you want it, you can go and get it."

Hope: Hope shoved her backward. "The fuck is wrong with you?!"

Jessica: Jess stumbled a little but caught herself, "I'm trying to do what's best for you!"

Hope: Not my mother! "You are not my mother!"

Jessica: "No but I am your friend!"

Hope: Some friend she is. "Some friend you are!" Hope went to start packing her things to go find a single room somewhere. She dropped one of her last vials of ketamine and watched it roll to Jess. Fuck.

Jessica: Okay that hurt a little. She shook it off and picked up the vial. "Hope... why do you have ketamine?"

Hope: "Why does it matter?!" Hope went to take it from her.

Jessica: Jess held it away from her, "Because this stuff is supposed to be administered by a doctor."

Hope: "And school is supposed to be safe. And rainbows are in the sky and little fairy bunnies hop along. Give me my stuff back!"

Jessica: "No! Not until I get a straight answer out of you! WHY?!"

Hope: I don't have to answer to you! "I don't have to answer to you! Give it BACK!"

Jessica: Jess jumped up and stuck to the ceiling. "You only have to answer me and you get it back."

Hope: "I'm not telling you shit! You tell that bastard everything!"

Jessica: "I don't tell anyone anything! What are you talking about?"

Hope: "Because this was all your doing! You told him about War in my head so that he'd break up with me and you could fuck him all you want!" Hope screamed at her.... then blinked. What?

Jessica: Jess just stared at her. "I haven't told Johnny anything! I haven't even spoke to him since before summer started! How could you say that to me?!"

Hope: Hope felt the color drain from her face. She shook her head a bit. "It's not me.... Jess... h...h... help." She swallowed hard, terrified now.

Jessica: "Wh-" part of her mind yelled 'It's a trap!' but she slowly lowered herself from the ceiling. "Hope, talk to me...."

Hope: Hope held her head, fighting for all she was worth. "Get me to help! Xavier, someone... and... and... be ready to zap me!" She stumbled backward a bit. NO! It's too late! You are mine now!

Jessica: Jess nodded, stuffing the vial in her pocket and steering Hope towards the door.

Hope: Hope struggled to walk with her, tripping every few steps. War was furious with her for figuring it out and trying to take over.

Jessica: Jess decided it would be faster to just pick her up and did so.

Hope: Hope started mumbling nonsense. War was trying to reach for powers to block out the telepath she was about to face.

Jessica: Jess picked up her pace, flying down the hallway and stairs with Hope in her arms. She didn't knock when she got to Xavier's office. "Help!"

ProfXavier: Charles Xavier startled out of his doze -- it was just for a moment, he swore! -- when the girl burst through the door. "What's wrong!" Though he had a good idea. "What happened to her?"

Hope: NOT HIM! Hope pressed her hands more firmly against her head. Yes him! She was going to win this.

Jessica: "I should have said something sooner, I'm sorry! The War psyche is still in her head!" She bit her lip.

ProfXavier: Charles only blinked in shock for a moment before he dove into her mind, putting his hand to his temple in concentration. "She's... someone is fighting me."

Jessica: "Yeah that'll be her...." She moved to sit down, holding Hope in her lap just in case.

Hope: Hope flicked the mental switch on her powers off, hoping it would give Xavier just enough time to get in. Her body jerked a bit as she fought with the psyche. You can't win old man. Go back to your nap.

Jessica: Jess tightened her hold on Hope at the twitching.

ProfXavier: Impudent little thing, aren't you? Xavier concentrated, sliding through an opening in her shielding. I'm afraid you don't belong here at all.

Hope: I'm afraid *you* don't belong here. Be gone with you and I may let you live when I finish taking over.

ProfXavier: Xavier smirked. The young ones were always so cocky. He pushed further into Hope's mind, quickly sifting memories, figuring out War's point of entry and why she hadn't been properly banished. And there was something else... a drug. He scowled.

Hope: Oh hey there boss man! Finally someone to get rid of that awful thing. She lives over there. I'll end you once and for all! Hope just wanted to go to sleep. This was exhausting.

ProfXavier: ....and something else entirely as well. "My... she has quite the crowd in there..."

Jessica: "Yeah, don't I know it..." she sighed. More hugging Hope now.

ProfXavier: Xavier dismissed the other voice, since it was... familiar. War, however, had to go. Forcing his will upon hers, he worked to "pry" this War persona from her throne within Hope's mind. A little help from you would not be amiss, he told Hope.

Hope: I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok. Oh SHUT UP! Hope took the distraction and pushed with Xavier at War.

ProfXavier: Using a fraction of his strength, Xavier pulled the persona loose from her mooring in Hope's mind. You are a cancer to be excised, he told War, weaving shielding around the persona.

Hope: Hope's body stopped jerking. She kept pushing at War, wanting that thing as far away from her as possible. War tried to fight Xavier to get back to her cushy spot.

Jessica: Jess released Hope with one arm so she could fish the vial out of her pocket because it was now stabbing her in the hip uncomfortably. She set it on Xavier's desk.

ProfXavier: Xavier searched the persona, just to make sure this wasn't something entirely different... like Malice. But no, it was just an echo. Another possible Hope. Decision made, he crushed War in his psychic grip.

Hope: And silence. Blessed, wonderful silence. Hope took a deep breath, opening her eyes.

Jessica: Jess chewed her lip, looking down at Hope in her lap, "Are you okay?"

ProfXavier: "She is far from it." Xavier opened his eyes and reached for the vial on his desk.

Jessica: Jess shrank a little in her seat. She was probably in trouble now.

Hope: Hope looked around the room for Johnny. Where was Johnny? Her eyes fell on Xavier, Xavier's face, and the vial.

ProfXavier: "I know why you thought you had to use this, I know how much you've used, I even know for how long." He tapped the top of the small vial. "The question now is, are you prepared to stop?"

Hope: "I don't know... will the nightmares be gone?"

ProfXavier: "That's not an easy answer. There are no easy answers."

Hope: "Well then how can I answer that?" Hope was frustrated. She rubbed her forehead. She wanted an excedrin and a month of sleep is what she wanted.

Jessica: Jess decided to pretend she wasn't there... and cuddle Hope.

ProfXavier: "We all must work for peace, Hope. You can always see Counselor Kincaid, or Dr. Guan."

Hope: "I have. It doesn't help." She sighed. But wait, why didn't it help? What was it she was trying to forget? She rubbed her forehead again. Too much thinking.

Jessica: "These things take time, Hope...." Jess said gently.

Hope: Hope searched their faces again. Johnny wasn't here. And she couldn't feel his powers. He wasn't anywhere close, and she finally realized why. "She... got rid of him, didn't she?" She looked to Jess for that answer.

Jessica: Jess bit her lip and nodded apologetically.

Hope: Hope closed her eyes, biting down hard on her lower lip. She could feel the tears already forming in her eyes. This was all her fault. Every bit of it.

Jessica: Jess gave her a squeeze, "I'm sorry, Hope... I should have realised...."

Hope: She shook her head. "No... it's all my fault. I knew what I was up against and I didn't say anything. I underestimated it." Johnny was better off anyway.

Jessica: She considered that she should probably save the blaming herself for when Professor Xavier wasn't staring at her.

ProfXavier: Charles looked between the girls. Ah, children. "So, are you willing to work to rid yourself of addiction, to truly get well?"

Hope: "No need to keep it up now." Hope told him softly.

ProfXavier: "Precisely." He sighed. "I can... ease things a bit for you. But the rest is up to you."

ProfXavier: "Would you like me to do that for you?"

Hope: She nodded, silent, trying to stop crying. She had nearly lost her best friend too. And herself.

Jessica: Jess rested her head against Hope's and sighed. At least War was definitely gone now.

ProfXavier: Xavier closed his eyes and entered her mind again, working to soften the sharp edges of some of her worst memories and dampen her psychological addiction to the drug. He checked his work, making sure.

Hope: Hope rubbed her head again. She wanted chocolate... and a steak. "I'm really sorry, Professor."

Jessica: "Me too..." Jess mumbled.

ProfXavier: He exhaled a deep breath and opened his eyes. "I know you are. Now, go get something to eat. Get some rest. Heal." Charles pocketed the vial. He'd have to have a word with Scott and Hank.

ProfXavier: He nodded at Jessica. "Thank you for bringing her to me."

Jessica: "I'm sorry I didn't come sooner...." she straightened up, setting Hope on her feet.

ProfXavier: "We all get a little blindsided sometimes." Charles smiled at them warmly.

Hope: Hope gave him a bit of a smile then sighed. She was mistaken. This fall was going to be worse than this summer had been.

Jessica: Jess held her hand out to Hope, "Come and have tea with me now? I'll make you whatever you want to eat."

Hope: Hope smiled and took Jess's hand. "Ok. I'll have tea with you... and that salad."