Summer 2015: Johnny

Check out what goes on between semesters here!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

Summer 2015: Johnny

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

Curt: Curt looked over at the snoring Sue and then over to Hope, who was across the aisle in the plane. He was glad he had an aisle seat, he didn't like planes. He didn't hate them, but he couldn't look out the window. Sue's head bumped against the portal window as she snoozed and Curt rolled his head over towards Hope's direction again.

Curt: "Hey... Guess what? I have a girlfriend."

Johnny: Johnny was staring at the ceiling of the plane, head resting against the back of his seat. He was starting to wish he'd just fall asleep. He sighed.

Hope: Hope blinked at Curt, then glanced at Johnny, then back at Curt. "You have a girlfriend?"

Curt: He sat back, Grinning. "Yup. Laura." Returning his gaze to the on-flight movie. The Muppets, Curt thought, man.... Jason Segel was hilarious.

Hope: "Awww that's adorable, Curt." Hope rested her head against Johnny. He was a bit bony for a pillow but he'd work.

Curt: "She totally saved my life too. Took Lizard's leg out of a bear trap."

Johnny: "It'd be more adorable if you'd stop mentioning it every half hour," Johnny put in with a roll of his eyes.

Curt: "... Well... it's big news. I mean... Mate, come on. I have a girlfriend."

Hope: Hope laughed at Johnny and smiled at Curt. "That's very sweet, Curt. The best significant others are good at saving your life." She poked Johnny gently.

Johnny: He squirmed away from the poke as well as he could in the small space, eventually relenting, "True. It is pretty amazing that you ended up with a girlfriend."

Curt: "Mmhm." Suddenly turbulence kicked in and the intercom popped on. The very British-sounding pilot reminded everyone to please pop their trays back in their place, fasten their seat belts, and enjoy the inflight movie as they rode out the bumpy ride. Curt began to sweat.

Curt: "Turbulence can't bring down a plane. Physically impossible. No plane has crashed from turbulence. Scientifically proven."

Johnny: Johnny followed the instructions of the pilot, glancing between Hope and Curt, "It'll be fine. It's only a little turbulence."

Hope: Hope took Johnny's hand. It was fine.

Curt: Curt looked to Johnny, panicked. "Yeah. Fine. I'll be great. It'ssss fine." He half coughed, half cleared his throat.

Hope: Hope reached across the aisle and took Curt's hand. "Breathe." She told him firmly. "You're fine."

Curt: He nodded repeatedly. "I know. We're fine." The flight attendant came up the aisle and asked that Hope please not reach across during turbulence. "I can stitch seats if you would like to be with your nervous boyfriend if you'd like."

Hope: Hope just stared at her. She looked to Johnny as she took her hand back. Really? Had she really just suggested that Curt was her boyfriend instead of Johnny?

Curt: Curt looked to Sue who appeared to be out cold. The headphones in her ears, her head against Melati's shoulder, it was a wonder how he had startled her so many times before.

Johnny: Johnny rolled his eyes at the suggestion that Curt could even get Hope and slid his hand into hers.

Hope: Hope sighed and rested her head against Johnny again. "I'm glad you got a girlfriend, Curt. Laura is nice."

Curt: He smiled through the turbulence. "She is, huh?"

Johnny: "Nice and creepy," he mumbled under his breath.

Hope: That caused Hope to giggle, trying to hide it from Curt. "So you're going to miss her this summer, yes?"

Curt: "Yeah, I'm trying not to be gone the whole summer. Once I'm done visiting my parents for the week, I'm going to fly right home. I didn't tell her yet, but I have tickets to go to a summer music festival. Thing."

Curt: "If she doesn't want to go, it's fine, 'cause they were free. Mostly." The hours I worked at Wonder Labs to return the favor weren't free, but that's besides the point he thought to himself.

Hope: "I bet she'll like that. Who would't?"

Johnny: Johnny refrained from another comment.

Curt: He shrugged. "People who don't like the bands who are playing." The turbulence had almost ceased and Curt realized thinking about her and the concert had almost immediately taken his mind off it. He smiled brightly. "Hey that helped, thanks Hope!"

Hope: Hope flashed him a grin. "Anytime." Though she didn't know what she had done. "And I guess that's fair enough, but it should still be fun."

Curt: Curt looked over to Johnny. "You okay over there, mate? You look like you're holding in a fart."

Curt: "Yeah, I'm hoping it is. It will involve tents, it's a one-night thing, but I'm going to bring one with a separator. I am also trying to include myself in more group-social activities, sort of as a way to socialize the other side of me. And then sometimes I'm trying out the wilder side and letting him pick the activities. I don't think Laura's too interested in those."

Johnny: "I'm fine," Johnny replied with a nod, giving him a smirk, "Are you sure about that?"

Curt: "Well... I dunno. Maybe she wants to do the more Lizardy-stuff, but I doubt it. I figure by now she's had her fill of crazed, mutants who- Hey! I get what you mean with that! Not cool."

Johnny: He laughed.

Hope: Hope just rolled her eyes. Boys.

Curt: "I just... I don't want to think about those things. ... Yet." He looked shiftily away.

Johnny: "How can you not want to think about those things?"

Hope: "Those things are awesome."

Curt: He blushed. "I just... that's... not what this is about." he wanted to add yet, but he didn't feel it was appropriate. "I'm trying not to push those things 'cause this is her first relationship. The physical stuff is... monumental for most people. Worth sitting on."

Hope: "Nothing wrong with waiting either." Hope shrugged a bit.

Curt: "Well, point is, separated tents." He cautioned to Johnny.

Johnny: "Sounds disappointing to me, but I'm sure she won't know the difference," he shook his head.

Hope: Hope smirked at Johnny. Such a boy.

Curt: "Well what, you think I should make a move? That seems... dangerous. And not worth it. I am basically gaining her trust. I mean... we didn't really kiss yet even." He realized the woman in front of the other two was clearly listening in.

Johnny: He shook his head, "I never said that."

Curt: She was leaning on her arm rest, her ears perked out just enough towards Curt to hear everything. She began to snicker as Curt admitted they hadn't kissed. He frowned.

Curt: "Then what did you say?" He asked, ignoring the snoop.

Hope: Hope glared at the girl, then looked at Curt. "No. You're doing the right thing, Curt."

Curt: He shrugged. "I try to be a good person, so... I would think so."

Hope: "You are a good person." Hope assured him. She started to reach across the aisle to pat him again, but stopped herself. Stupid flight attendant.

Johnny: "Yeah, you are," Johnny agreed with a nod.

Curt: "Uh... okay, thanks?" Curt asked the flight attendant, as she passed, for a ginger ale. She brought it to him and he popped it, satisfied with the taste. "I'm worried that I might be spending too much time away... too long."

Johnny: "Don't be all clingy," Johnny advised.

Curt: "Well... I know. But I mean, it's the beginning of the relationship. It's like saying 'Hey I like you, we should date. Bye, see you in a month!'... seems distant."

Hope: "It'll be ok, Curt. It's not like she doesn't get the concept of summer break now." Right?

Curt: "Well... I'm also worried she doesn't have anything to do there. She said she'd fill her time with meeting new people, but I can't imagine there's a lot of them there in the summer."

Johnny: "Probably better. It wouldn't be overwhelming," he reasoned.

Hope: "Ease her into society." Hope added in.

Curt: "Yeah, true. Hey, Johnny I'm wondering now... are your parents aware that two uh... Lizardy people, are coming?"

Johnny: Johnny nodded, "Yep. Sue told them about Melati. Made it easier to explain you."

Curt: "I'm warning you now, Lizard in London... I'm gonna do my best to contain that, but I can't make any promises."

Johnny: "If you make it to London, you're on your own."

Curt: "We can't go to London?" He whined.

Johnny: Johnny made a bit of a face, "Why would you want to?"

Hope: "I've never been either." Hope glanced between them.

Curt: "'Cause... London?" He said pointedly.

Johnny: "I don't see the appeal..."

Hope: "That's because you're a native."

Curt: "You're too British." He said flatly. "You're too British about things."

Johnny: "...And you're too Australian...?"

Curt: "Oi! No such thing!"

Hope: "...I'll settle for being too awesome." Hope rested her head against Johnny, again trying to go to sleep.

Curt: Curt smirked as he looked back to the screen. "I wish they could show an interesting documentary or something."

Hope: "Oxymoron."

Johnny: "I wish you would both be quiet," he sighed.

Hope: "You shush." Hope smirked at him, closing her eyes again.

Curt: "It's not an oxymoron. And yeah, shush. You sound like you're not excited to be bringing your girlfriend, sister, and friends home?"

Johnny: "Or I'd like to have a nap before having to deal with my parents?"

Curt: "Your parents can't be that bad." Curt looked to Sue. "Well... they can't be worse than her."

Hope: "Cuuuurt." Hope whined. "I'm trying to go to sleep."

Johnny: "Wake her and Melati up and tell them all about Laura," Johnny advised, resting his head against Hope's.

Curt: He rolled his eyes. "Herman Cain is more interesting than this plane trip..." he mumbled.
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Re: Summer 2015: Johnny

Curt: Curt was unpacked, relaxed, and stretched out on the spare bed bedroom. He sighed as he thought of Laura. How far away she was. He knew he shouldn't cling and be concerned but... Wow she had a presence. He missed the heck out of her. He felt his hand going down his flat belly, not even thinking about it.

Johnny: Johnny had unpacked his things, which really meant he'd tossed his bags to the floor of his bedroom, before he went to see how Curt was settling in. He didn't really think he needed to be overly cautious until what he'd just walked in on had processed, "Oh my god, Curt!"

Curt: Curt shot up, surprised. "Bwah-wait, uh-" he rolled off the bed, his hand in his pants his face hitting the floor.

Johnny: Johnny covered his face with both hands and turned around to face the hallway, "Are you done?!"

Curt: "I wasn't even-..." He didn't know what he had been doing. "I'm sorry! I didn't think,... Yeah. Done."

Johnny: "...Are you sure?"

Curt: "Yes." He insisted, grumbly. He got up and fixed the sheets. "Johnny, I promise, it's not... that."

Johnny: "Well, it looked like that."

Curt: "Alright, alright just.... keep it down man. I just... y'know it was quiet. I didn't even think about what I was doing, I just had Laura on my mind all day. I can't really text her and say hi or anything, y'know?"

Johnny: Johnny debated the safety of moving his hands from his face to cover his ears, "I don't want to know what you're fantasizing about!"

Curt: "I wasn't fantasizing! I told you, I'm trying not to go that far yet in the relationship! I'm not even trying to think about it... it was just... I dunno? Instinct? Habit?" Did he just admit masturbating was a bad habit?

Johnny: "...Do we have to keep discussing this? I mean... I can walk back to my room and try again later."

Curt: "No, I just... I...." He groaned. "Sorry, okay? The V-Card in me is showing I get that."

Johnny: "Dude... I don't even know if I can look at you now..."

Curt: "What? 'Cause I haven't... that? Really? That's not a big deal." Is it?

Johnny: "No, no, no... Because of what I just caught you doing..."

Curt: "... I didn't do anything!" he insisted. "I swear."

Johnny: He risked pulled his hands away from his face and resolutely stared at the wall in the hallway, "That's not what it looked like!"

Curt: "It should be!" he barked. "Dude, I wouldn't. Not here... never here. Your sister? Your mom? I was like... stretching! Or something!"

Johnny: "Stretching?! With you hand in your pants?! What sort of stretching goes on with your hand in your pants besides... y'know!"

Curt: "Mate, calm down." Curt said softly. "I get it. I'm sorry. Okay? I'm sorry. Tugging ain't gonna happen, promise. Can we like... move on?"

Johnny: He took a deep breath and nodded, "Right... So... Obviously you're settled and comfortable, which is what I was coming to ask..."

Curt: Curt looked to the floor. "Yeah. Hey, thanks again for letting me come to England with you guys. This is a nice break from both my parents and the University. I don't think I could do this much time in either of those places."

Johnny: "Yeah, it's cool," he shrugged, "I mean, I don't want to be here with just my family."

Curt: "Hope seems .... good." He lied. "Though... sorta like something is eating at her too. Is she okay?"

Johnny: Johnny finally decided it was likely safe to turn around and look at Curt, rather than talk to the wall, so he did. Then, he found a chair to sit in, giving a bit of a shrug, "Well, I mean... There's ups and downs."

Curt: "Ups and downs?" Curt didn't like the sound of that. As much as he was indifferent to their repationship (and he was pretty indifferent to it), he was still concerned. They were both his friends, especially Johnny. "Shouldn't it all be ups but just with bumps?"

Johnny: "Well, I guess that's more accurate," Johnny answered, pausing as he tried to think of how to phrase things. "She just gets all... I don't know... She's all moody. Like, more moody than usual for women. Then, she was having nightmares and shit, but those have pretty much stopped... So, that's progress, right?"

Curt: "You think it's lady-stuff or leftover psychological trauma from being War?"

Johnny: "Most definitely psychological trauma."

Curt: "So what're you gonna do about it?" Curt asked.

Johnny: "I don't know," he sighed, "I just try to... be there and stuff..."

Curt: "And stuff?" Curt was new to this relationship thing and that didn't sound like he was trying very hard. "I think you've maybe been trying too much. You sound like you're out of ideas. She needs to sort of forge her own path to recovery at this point. You are supposed to be there to support her, not heal her. ... In my opinion."

Curt: "Sounds like we should go and do guy stuff. Head to the pub, get a pint?"

Johnny: "I think that sounds like a great idea."

Curt: "Great. To the pub!" Curt said, pointing to the air like Superman. "Pub, pub, and away!"
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Curt: "Someone needs to take a Swiffer to this place..." Curt said to Johnny, under his breath, as they entered. "I thought that last time, I still think it."

Johnny: Johnny gave a shrug as he led the way into the pub, "Floods every year. I imagine it'd be hard keeping any place looking nice with that."

Curt: Curt shivered as he thought of the hundreds of different types of mold in the beer cellar. "Okay... so, what do you usually get here?" Curt asked. "Stout? Ale?"

Melati: "An infection, I reckon," Melati commented, strolling in after the guys. "Don't get me wrong, I mean that as a compliment."

Curt: Curt tried not to laugh too hard. "Mel, I'm glad you came along."

Melati: "Couldn't let you two bring down this place all by yourself, could I?" She smirked, standing with her hands in the pockets of her torn army pants, and casually scanned the room.

Johnny: "I haven't died yet," Johnny grinned. Then, a thought occurred to him. "...If you're with us, that means we just left Hope and Sue alone together."

Curt: Curt shrugged. "Let them work their things out." He said, patting Johnny's back. "Don't worry about it, it's best for everyone."

Melati: "You think that'll end up being a problem," Mel asked, turning to look at Johnny. "All possible scenarios my mind can come up with for this end with them making out angrily."

Curt: Curt tried not to show how hot he thought that was.

Johnny: Johnny shuddered, "If it was anyone but Sue and Hope..." Like, Jess.

Curt: "I wonder if Jess and Laura ever made out, as some sort of social experiment to see what it's like?" Curt wondered. He then ordered his pint and pondered on that some more. "... Seems fairly likely..."

Curt: Curt sighed "No wait, she's with that FistyCuffs guy. She wouldn't ever do that. Or maybe she would?"

Johnny: He had to resist the urge to mention catching Hope and Jess because one of them would kill him if it got back to them.

Melati: "I'm afraid it'll forever remain a secret of us girls how much of that is a male fantasy and much is truth," Melati commented, taking a seat and signaling the barkeeper to order a drink.

Melati: "Just for the record, I don't count as a valid example," she added. "Unfortunately, not everyone is like me."

Johnny: Johnny ordered himself a drink through snickering, nodding in agreement, "It is unfortunate that very few are as awesome as you."

Curt: "Unfortunately." Curt said, raising his glass for a toast to her.

Melati: Picking up her pint as soon as it was put down in front of her, Mel shot the guys a smirk and returned their toast. "And let it be known it's not because I wouldn't try hard to set an inspiring example for everyone."

Johnny: "You're already an example for everyone, much like me," he smirked as he took a sip from his glass.

Curt: Curt rolled his eyes. "You're the perfect example of an ass." He said with a sneaky smirk to Johnny.

Johnny: "Everybody says that, but everyone still loves me. Obviously I'm doing something right."

Melati: "Hey, I can be an ass, too," she commented, before taking a swig from her beer. "I just look better than him while pissing people off, so they tend to ignore it."

Curt: Curt shook his head. "I could never be an ass... Do you hear yodeling? From way in the back corner?"

Johnny: "Hey... I look amazing..." Johnny replied, shaking his head, "Maybe it's just you?"

Melati: Melati frowned. "Yeah, must be you," she told Curt. "Who knows, maybe you're developing a third personality aside from the Lizard and non-scaly you. You know, as a means to live out your bavarian side."

Curt: "We need some drinking songs." Curt looked around "Nobody sings in this pub? What kind of a pub did you bring us to Johnny?"

Hope: Hope had decided to stop being mopey and explore the little town a little bit. She ducked into a pub, figuring they would have food... and booze. Booze sounded awesome.

Johnny: "Drinking songs? I don't think we're drunk enough for drinking songs..."

Melati: "I knew I should have brought my guitar," Mel commented. "Give me a couple minutes and a few more drinks, then I'll hit you with my acapella skills."

Curt: "You don't drink enough?" The Aussie in him as immediately offended. "Mate, you need to get on that."

Hope: Sitting down at an empty table, Hope was soon joined by one of the local boys. She flashed him a dazzling smile. She was still hot. She could totally drink for free in any country.

Johnny: "No, I just haven't had enough yet..." Johnny grinned.

Melati: "Then we need to get around to work on that." Mel nodded and clinked her glass against the others.

Curt: "Aye, let's get on it!" He quickly turned his pint up and his neck back, letting the cool beer soak down into his mouth, and a bit around his cheeks. He downed it, burping loudly when he was finished.

Johnny: Johnny downed what was left of his drink and signaled for another round.

Hope: The cute little local boy was quite charming and soon had Hope laughing at his jokes.

Johnny: He blinked at the laughter, trying to work out why it sounded familiar and glanced around, gaze landing on Hope with another guy. He frowned. Maybe it wasn't actually her. He looked back to Curt and Melati, nodding in their direction, "Is that who I think it is?"

Melati: Leaning sideways on her chair, Mel peeked past the other two at the table in the back. "Depends on who you're thinking it is," she said. "In any case, I predict fun to be had."

Hope: And there was more laughing. "No you don't have to buy me another drink, I can pay."

Johnny: "Well, I don't think I'm to the point of imagining Hope with other guys after one..." Johnny replied, looking over his shoulder at the two again.

George: "And what kind of gentleman would I be if I let a lovely lady buy her own drinks?" He flagged down the waitress.

Melati: "You know, I could deck him, if you like," Mel offered, still watching the two in the back.

Johnny: Johnny looked thoughtful over a long drink, debating the offer. He set his glass back on the table, "I want to see where it goes before punching him in the face." Then, he added as an afterthought, "You don't think she'd actually... y'know...?"

Melati: "Nah... I doubt it." Melati frowned, peeking over her glass. She frowned, before giving a shrug. "Then again, I don't know her that well. So, who knows?"

Johnny: "That's... not really reassuring."

Melati: "Hey, all I can say for sure is that if she's even the tiniest bit like me, you're pretty much screwed." She cracked a grin.

George: Pubguy leaned in to kiss Hope.

Melati: "Yep, you're screwed alright," Mel added.

Johnny: Johnny decided to take another long drink at that and gestured for another round, "What?" He looked over his shoulder and simply stared as he let that scene process. His mouth worked for a moment, and he finally managed words, "Go punch him."

Hope: Hope leaned back to get out of range, nearly falling out of her chair doing so.

Melati: "Finally!" Melati put down her drink, got to her feet, and crossed the pub with a couple wide strides. "Oi, duckface!" The poor sod barely had time to give her a surprised look, his lips still puckered to kiss, before Mel's fist send him tumbling over his chair and onto the ground.

Hope: Hope blinked at that, getting to her feet. "Melati?"

Melati: "Oh, hey there," Mel replied, showing Hope a grin. "What a coincidence, eh? Was just hanging out here, sipping some beer, and saw you with something sticking to your face."

Hope: "Yeah I was handling that...." She glanced down at the guy who was out cold. "But thanks!"

Johnny: Johnny finished off his drink before going to follow Melati, slinging an arm around her shoulders, "That might end up being my favorite part of break."

Hope: Ah hell. Johnny. She grinned at him. "It was great, wasn't it?"

Melati: "Oh, you're welcome." She shrugged, before turning to look at Johnny. "Well, what can I say? I live to provide good times for everyone." Shrugging again, she nodded her head at the unconscious guy on the floor. "Granted, maybe not totally everyone."

Hope: "He totally deserved it for half of his jokes anyway." Hope shrugged.

Johnny: "Yeah, that part was," he nodded. The rest of it was another story. "I'd say he'll always remember being punched in the face by a lizard chick, but... you're not very lizardy right now... and I'd be impressed if he remembers anything."

Melati: "So, what are you doing here, anyway," Mel asked. "Guess you didn't feel like spending the afternoon with Sue then."

Hope: "Yeah no. Figured I'd get out and do some exploring. What's the point of being here and not seeing anything? What are you all doing here..." Without me.

Melati: "Figured you and Sue needed some time alone to work out that obvious sexual tension between you two, so I grabbed Curt and Johnny here to have a guy's night out." Melati shrugged again. "Guess between the three of us, we almost manage to add up to one guy."

Hope: Hope just stared at them for that comment.

Johnny: Johnny laughed.

Hope: Mocking me... Hope shook her head a bit. She glanced down at the guy on the floor. "Thanks for the drinks, George. So where are we sitting?" She asked as she looked back up at Johnny and Melati.

Melati: "On our asses, of course," Mel replied, thumbing over her shoulder. "Back there, by the bar."

Johnny: "Speaking of sitting on our asses... We should probably sit Curt back up."

Melati: Turning her head to look back, Melati frowned. "And here I thought he were part-lizard, not part-turtle."

Hope: Hope laughed and tried to read Johnny's face. Was he mad?

Johnny: Johnny eyed Curt's slumped form with a bemused expression, starting back across the pub, "Is he trying to yodel?"

Hope: Hope sighed and downed the rest of her drink before following. When did things with him get awkward?

Melati: "Sounds more like he's trying to imitate a chicken to me," Mel remarked.

Johnny: "Now the question is... Do we give him more to drink or leave him thinking he's a chicken?"

Melati: "More to drink, definitely." She nodded with determination. "This can only get better, after all. If we get lucky, we may find out he can actually turn into more than one animal."

Hope: Not wanting to be the smarty pants and point out that he wouldn't, Hope just grinned. "Challenge accepted."
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Hope: Hope lay back on the picnic blanket with her head in Johnny's lap, looking up at the clouds. After the incident in the pub, she figured it was a good idea to take Curt's advice and kidnapped Johnny for a date. A picnic was perfect. "Do you think it's going to rain?"

Johnny: "Most likely," Johnny answered from his spot, staring up at the clouds in the sky. "Amazing it hasn't yet."

Hope: "Too bad nobody around here has weather manipulation... I could make it sunny again."

Johnny: "It's not supposed to be that sunny. It's England," he pointed out.

Hope: "Well, at least make it not rain on our heads."

Johnny: "Well, it hasn't yet."

Hope: "Obviously...." Hope sighed a bit.

Johnny: Johnny noted the sigh but didn't say anything of it. "Maybe we should pack up and head back before it does."

Hope: "Afraid of a little rain?" She smirked up at him.

Johnny: "Of course not," he shook his head. He wasn't afraid of rain... as long as it was only a little...

Hope: Hope sat up so she could look at him better. "You're still mad about the pub aren't you?"

Johnny: "No," Johnny shook his head again, "I wouldn't be mad that you were letting another guy buy you drinks. Not at all."

Hope: "You are totally jealous!" Hope was slightly amused.

Johnny: "I'm not jealous," he denied.

Hope: "You are so." She smiled and poked him gently.

Johnny: Johnny moved to sit up at the poking, swatting at her hand, "I am not."

Hope: "Oh so I should have let him kiss me then? Since you don't care?"

Johnny: "I'm sure you would've liked it, seeing as you found him so charming."

Hope: "Surprised you noticed me anyway."

Johnny: Johnny raised an eyebrow, "How could I not with all the laughing? I'm sure the entire pub noticed."

Hope: "I'm sorry that I'm hot enough to get someone to notice and buy me drinks without bitching about it. Maybe you should date somebody ugly and then you won't feel so insecure!"

Johnny: "Maybe I should!" he snapped.

Hope: "Johnny..." Hope sighed, resting her forehead against him. "I'm sorry."

Johnny: "Yeah," Johnny muttered.

Hope: "You've gone out twice without me now... I didn't think you'd care."

Johnny: "I've gone out with Curt twice. Not gone to pick up other women."

Hope: "I didn't want to pick him up... I just didn't want to pay." She nuzzled him just a little. "And his jokes were way lame. Yours are much better. And you're so much hotter."

Johnny: Johnny rolled his eyes a little, still scowling.

Hope: Hope kissed on his cheek, moving to his jaw. "Why would I ever want him when I have you?"

Johnny: "I don't know," he sighed.

Hope: "Exactly. Now we can spend the rest of the day fighting over somebody that doesn't matter... or...." She pulled him into a kiss.

Johnny: Johnny debated and allowed himself to be pulled into the kiss. He supposed they should get this over with before it rained.
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Hope: Taking Jess' advice, Hope walked along the river with Johnny. She glanced up at him, not really sure what she was supposed to say to him. Oh hey you're a distant ass how do we fix that? Yeah that'd go over well.

Johnny: Johnny loosely held onto Hope's hand as they walked, trying not to be too close to the river. He'd had bad experiences with it before and generally liked to avoid it.

Hope: Hope sighed in her mind and kept walking. She tried to think of something, anything to say. "So the Penguins were awesome this year," she blurted out.

Johnny: He blinked. Sports. Right. He could talk about sports... even though he only vaguely knew about American hockey teams. "Were they?"

Hope: "I'm hoping we can win the cup this year. We signed a bunch of awesome players."

Johnny: "Hopefully," he replied, considering that, "New York has a team, right?"

Hope: "Rangers and the Islanders... why?"

Johnny: "Maybe we could see a game or something..." Johnny shrugged.

Hope: Hope smiled and held his hand a bit more firmly. "I'd love to see you at a hockey game."

Johnny: "I can ice skate and play hockey."

Hope: "And look sexy, all at the same time. What a catch!" She grinned more. "Are you any good at hockey though?"

Johnny: He shrugged again, "I'm alright, I suppose. Only played in winter with some mates."

Hope: Hope moved toward a tree, leaning back up against it. "We should take Curt to a karaoke bar sometime."

Johnny: It took Johnny a moment to process the sudden change of subject, but he nodded anyway. "Possibly. I'm not sure we should encourage his drunken yodeling."

Hope: Hope laughed easily. "Awwww but it's hilarious."

Johnny: "Hm... Maybe if we take a video of it..."

Hope: "Like the one of you giving JP a bj?"

Johnny: Johnny simply stared for a few moments. "No. Nothing like that."

Hope: Hope snickered at him, then moved to wrap her arms around him. "I've yet to see this gem. Only heard of it."

Johnny: "It was a dare. And it wasn't an actual one."

Hope: She studied him for a moment. "Do you do anything you're dared to do?"

Johnny: "Usually?"

Hope: "Hmmmm that's handy to know." She leaned up to kiss the tip of his nose.

Johnny: Johnny's eyebrow went up, "Is it?"

Hope: She smiled and rested her head against him. "Naturally."

Johnny: "So... When did you want to head back?"

Hope: "I... hadn't really thought about it, honestly. Jess is in Japan right now, so there's that..."

Johnny: Johnny blinked, "...What does that have to do with going back to the house?"

Hope: "I thought you meant back to school..."

Johnny: "No..." he slowly shook his head.

Hope: "Ok... well answer is still valid, minus the part about Jess."

Johnny: "Oh... Well..." Johnny struggled for another topic to discuss, eventually asking, "Do you know when she's getting back from Japan?"

Hope: "She didn't know. She's with Danny." Being poisoned by ninjas...

Johnny: "Ah."

Hope: Hope closed her eyes and just stayed close to him. She couldn't deny the awkwardness, though she was at a loss as to how to fix it. She felt a little piece of her giving up. "You should probably head back. Looks like it might start raining again."

Johnny: "You're not walking back?" Johnny questioned, glancing between her and the way home.

Hope: "I.. well.." He was so confusing. She shook herself and slid her hand back into his. "We should head back." She corrected.
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Hope: Hope hadn't said a word the entire ride home from the hospital. She didn't say a word as she moved through the Storm house to Johnny's room, sinking down on his bed.

Johnny: Johnny followed Hope into his bedroom and quietly closed the door behind him. He stayed near the doorway as he eyed her, not entirely sure what to say.

Hope: "Either I'm moving in to your room, or I'm going back to school." She finally said.

Johnny: He stared at her for a few long moments as he let that process, frowning slightly. "Then, I guess you're going back to school."

Hope: Hope looked up at him, surprised. "Seriously?"

Johnny: "Well, you can't stay in here. I can't imagine my parents being cool with that."

Hope: "So your parents are cool with her nearly drowning me instead?"

Johnny: Johnny rolled his eyes, "It was a joke, Hope."

Hope: "Well it wasn't fucking funny!" Hope slid her hands to her face. She refused to cry over this crap again. "Funny is.. swapping out shampoo with washable hair dye that washes out in a few days. Funny is ping pong balls in your locker so they fall out on you."

Hope: "Tying somebody to an air mattress and putting them into a major river in the middle of the night isn't funny. I could have flipped and been trapped and drowned. I nearly drowned when they tried to rescue me!"

Johnny: "You're overreacting," he stated simply.

Hope: Hope threw his pillow at him. "I'm not fucking overreacting!" He may have helped.

Johnny: "What the fuck?!" Johnny exclaimed as he ducked the pillow. "Seriously, take a fucking joke! It was just some prank!"

Hope: "How about I tie you to a mattress and set you afloat and see how fucking hilarious YOU find it duck boy!"

Johnny: His jaw set as he took that in, giving her a glare, "At least I'd be able to see the funny side. You have absolutely no fucking sense of humor."

Hope: "Says the guy who won't step within 10 FEET of a body of water."

Johnny: "Of course not! Why would I after you tried to drown me!?" he snapped before he really thought about what he was saying.

Hope: Hope swallowed hard. She bit the inside of her mouth until she could taste the blood in her mouth. "So you're also a damn liar too. You swore up and down that it wasn't me and told me to get past it. No wonder you've been such a distant bastard. You still hold a grudge just like your bitch of a sister!"

Johnny: "I hold a grudge? I hold a grudge?! You're the one that can't get past whatever fucking issues you have with her, but I'm the one holding grudges? Are you that fucking delusional?" Johnny questioned, adding, "And if I'm such a liar and bastard and you can't deal with my sister trying to pull a joke on you, maybe you should fuck off back to school!"

Hope: "She tried to SUFFOCATE me and now she's tried to DROWN me!? What the fucking hell is WRONG with you!?" Hope wiped one stray tear away. "But I guess you don't really care anyway." She got up to push past him to go to Sue's room.

Johnny: "I thought you two were past the whole incident in the hall! And, she wasn't fucking trying to drown you, nor was she entirely responsible for it!" Johnny yelled after her, moving to follow and slamming his door behind him, "Since I don't really care though, I guess we're done."

Hope: Hope just gave him a look. "You think? You're perfectly ok with what she did. She sent me to the hospital. And you think it's cute and funny and I'm overreacting. I had to have a mother fucking PSYCH eval. They thought I was crazy! I'm not crazy! I'M NOT FUCKING CRAZY!" She started gathering her things, shaking the entire time.

Johnny: "Maybe you should try accessing your uncrazy side, so I could fucking tell!"

Hope: "The only crazy thing I ever did was telling you how I felt." She zipped up her bag. "You obviously never felt the same way." She started looking around again. "....I need my ticket."

Johnny: "The only crazy thing you did..." Johnny scoffed under his breath as he stormed down the stairs to go find her ticket, completely oblivious to the looks he was receiving from his family.

Sue: Sue stared after Mel as she made a swift exit from family awkward time. Traitor! She was totally paying for that later.

Hope: Hope hit herself in the leg a couple of times to keep herself from crying. Not yet. She picked up her envelope from the hospital and started down the stairs, glaring death at Sue.

Sue: Sue instinctively shielded herself.

Johnny: He tore through the things on the desk until he came across the plane tickets, plucking one up from the pile and offering it to her with a scowl.

Hope: "Thanks." She said, taking one last look at him. She was about to cave and beg him to reconsider when a thought crossed her mind. Don't do it. He doesn't love you. He used you for sex. He doesn't want you. Hope shoved the envelope at Sue. "So you can see all the shit you caused in your little 'joke.'"

Sue: "Uh.... okay...." she opened up the bubble enough to take the envelope.

Johnny: Johnny moved to get the front door.

Hope: She looked to his parents. She doubted she'd ever see that stupid pity look again. She was relieved. "Mr. and Mrs. Storm, I'm very sorry for this scene. You two have been most gracious hosts, and I thank you." One look at Sue cemented her next sentence. "Sue is a lesbian." She held her head high and marched to the door, forcing herself not to look back.

Sue: Sue stared at her. Oh she did not-!? Oh God! She promptly vanished from view.

Johnny: Johnny had slammed the door after her and paused with his hand on the knob, letting that sink in. Oh, no...
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Jimmy: "Nah-nah, swear, sweaaaar Nikki!" Jimmy slurred slightly at his old secondary school friend, throwing an arm around Johnny's shoulder, "This guy ... this guy ... this... guy. Straight up diamond geezer, wha' wit' the whole ... the whole savin' the worl' thin' ... and he can make you BBQ annnnnnnny time ... like ... like instant, like."

Jimmy: He lifted his bottle to his lips as they sat in the beer garden of Jimmy's local, enjoying the brief british sunshine.

Johnny: Johnny laughed before taking a sip of his own drink, shaking his as he set the drink back down. He slurred and stumbled over his own words, "I-I... I'm n-not that... No. I am tooootally that fuckin' awesome..." He held his hand up and blankly stared at it for a few moments, trying to remember what he was doing. Oh, right. Showing off. He attempted to snap. Ooooh, at least there were sparks!

Jimmy: Nikki and her fellow females ooooooh'd at the sparks and more drinks appeared on the picnic table for the local 'superheroes', "He is ... he is, mah man," Jimmy patted Johnny unsteadily on the back before dropping hs hand, "Ifyer... if yer ladies ask reeeeeeeally nice, like, imma sure he'll take y' for a fly laters, righ' blood?" The girls looked very keen on the idea, and there was some jostling for prime position next to Johnny.

Johnny: Johnny looked between the girls and put on his best grin, wrapping an arm around the closest girl while reaching for his new drink with the other, "Oh, r-right... I can do... do flying... and everyone can c-chill with... Peanut while th-they wait..."

Jimmy: "Peanut!?" The girls all giggled and Jimmy flushed, "Hey-hey ... 's jus' ... 's jus' a joke name see? M' real name's Distrac' ... righ' Matches?" "Matches? Oh that's soooo cute," one of the girls said, and they all giggled and edged closer, Sandra taking the opotunity to sit on Jimmy's lap.

Johnny: "Definitely a, um... a reason he's called... Distract," Johnny sagely nodded with a smirk, vaguely wondering why he hadn't come to hang out with Jimmy sooner. He leaned over to Jimmy, attempting to assure him quietly, "Mate... This is..." he looked around the table as he tried to think of the word, settling, "Awesome."

Darren: "T-tell me 'bou' it ... chicks ... chicks loooooooove superheroes," Jimmy smiled in a hazy, fond sort of way. He'd had a good summer, very good summer, "S' ... s' how's like ... stuff and ... like .... y'know ... stuff?" He inquired, wrapping an arm around Sandra's waist as she giggled.

Johnny: "Duuuuude..." Johnny started, trailing off for a long drink, "Lemme put it this way... I can't wait 'til school starts up 'gain..."

Darren: "... Seriously?" Jimmy raised a gianormous eyebrow at him, "Mate ... tha' bad? Like ... seriously? But didn't y' take two hot-bitches back wit' ya? Jackie tol' me stories 'bou' Mel and ...." he whistled, "she's a demon he says, demon!"

Johnny: Johnny chuckled and nodded again, "Mel's jus' there for Sue... an'... an' Hope..." His face twisted, and he reached for his drink again.

Jimmy: "Sure she woul'n't object t' lightin' y' fire as well," Jimmy snickered as a few of the girls smirked and suggested that they also had no objections, should the need arise, "an' as fer 'Ope ... well, she was cray-zheeee blud, y'better off wit'out? Inne ladies?" The girls surrounding them all agreed.

Johnny: He about snorted his drink at the pun and shot a few of the girls a grin. He also added about Hope, "Waaaay fucked in the head. I went t' the... pub with Curt an' Mel... She w-was there wit 'nother dude, lettin' 'im buy her drinks and shit..." He went from serious to bursting into giggles, "Mel... Mel t-totally... Mel punched 'im... knocked 'im the fuck oooout. Totally the best part of vacation... Well, 'cept this..."

Jimmy: "See, y' better off!" The girls agreed, several of them offering to 'treat Johnny right', making Jimmy cackle and he waved when he spotted a few lads heading towards the pub, "OiOI! Mark! Jamie! Mikey! C'mer an' meet m' mate Johnny, o'wise known as the 'Uman Torch!" There where thumbs up and shortly the boys wandered over with another tray of drinks, "Top stuff mate!"

Johnny: "So yeah... Gave her the ticket home, an' she left..." Johnny concluded, giving a wave as he was introduced. He downed what was left of his previous drink when the new ones appeared. He took a decent sized swig from the new one, sitting back in his seat, content to be surrounded by women. Then, he had an idea. "Mate... we should... we should totally... we should go show ever'one wha' I can really do..."

Jimmy: The suggestion was greeted with enthusiasm by all assembled, and Jimmy grinned and nodded, squeezing the lovely Sandra who was still on his lap.

Johnny: Despite the fact he wasn't entirely sure he'd be able to walk, Johnny finished his drink, moved to get up, and decided to make use of the girls surrounding him, slipping his arms around their shoulders for some support as he staggered toward the door.

Jimmy: Jimmy knocked back his own drink and with Sandra's help followed Johnny, the girls were more then happy to be used as props and the lads were all grinning. This was either gonna be awesome of hilarious ... hopefully both.

Johnny: Johnny assured the women he could stand on his own and motioned for everyone to take a few steps back. He focused on changing his form to fire, but once he had he realized he wouldn't have clothes if he changed back. ...Oh, well. He turned to face Jimmy, "Right... Now wha' do you think I should do?"

Jimmy: "Light me fag!" One of the girl giggled, as all assembled ooh'd and aah'd at Johnny's flaming form,the various dog-walkers of the village stopping to stare. Jimmy shrugged, "Do s'me fancy flyin' shit f' starters?" He suggested.

Johnny: He pressed his finger to the tip of the cigarette and gave a wink. Then, he took Jimmy's suggestion and shot off into the air, which hadn't really been a good idea. Everything was spinning. No, wait... He was spinning. Or was he?

Jimmy: "Is he doin' a pirouette?" Mark snickered, Jimmy eyed Johnny as all the girls gasped and cheered, "Mmm ... migh' wanna jus' ... step under some shade, bludz," he suggested, dragging the giggling Sandra under a handy, leafy tree.

Johnny: Johnny twisted around in the air, leaving a trail of flames in his wake. Now that he'd shown off, he could just turn around, land, and be awesome. However, the landing didn't quite go as expected. He hit a parked car and went spiraling over the top of it, skidding across the ground before coming to a dazed halt.

Jimmy: One of the drunks who'd been sitting on a bench outside the pub shrieked like a banshee when the flaming boy dropped out of the sky and vanished around the corner, returning a few second later with a bucket of water which he threw of Johnny. The group of drunk teenagers burst into peals of laughter, with the exception of a loyal cadre of ladies who staggered over to check he was okay, cooing over him.

Johnny: "Gah!" Johnny flailed at the water being thrown on him, immediately returning to his human form to prevent that from happening again. He was technically hot enough for the water to simply evaporate upon contact, but that thought never occurred to him. He stared up at the sky, giggling girls swimming into view. Then, he realized why they were likely giggling. He brought a hand up to pat his chest. Nope, no clothes...

Jimmy: The girls giggled harder, the drunk with the bucket declared himself the hero of the hour and demanded free beer, the lads alternated between laughing and covering their eyes ad telling Johnny to cover himself up and Jimmy was laughing so hard he'd started throwing up behind the tree.

Jimmy: The local drunk felt a little sorry for the boy's exposure and before he staggered back inside carefully placed the bucket over Johnny's groin.

Johnny: "'m covered!" Johnny declared at the bucket, laughing himself. Once he'd mostly recovered, he glanced around, calling, "Oi! Jimmeh! Y' think they'll lemme back 'n the pub?! Everyone needs 'nother round! On me! An' we can sing!"

Jimmy: Jimmy re-emerged from behind the tree, wiping his mouth and then knocking back a nearby pint, still cackling, "Hehe ... d'n, d'n't thin' y' meet the dress-the dressthingy!" He pointed out as some of the girls around Johnny dropped hints about other things that they could do 'on him'.

Jimmy: "Singin'! I fuggin' LOVE singin'! OiOI! Mark, go get us 'nother 'roun'! An' the d'vine chorus will sing u'n 'igh!" He staggered over to Johnny, "Y'know 'Balls t' y' Father? O'erwise known as th' classic li'l ditty 'Four an' Twen'y Virgins?"

Johnny: "Mebbe later," Johnny smirked up at the girls, singing in answer to Jimmy's question, "Four an' twenty came down from Inverness, and when the ball was o'er there were four an' twenty less?"

Jimmy: "Singin' 'Ball's t' y' father, back's 'gaint's the wall!" Jimmy continued, as the girls all joined it, "And if y' d'n't get shagged on sa'urday nig' y''' n'ver get shagged at ALL!"

Jimmy: Which ... going from the expressions of the girls faces, would not be a problem Johnny would ever experience.