Summer 2015: Kevin

Check out what goes on between semesters here!
JSherlock
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: FABIO THOR
Nightscrawlearth Character: Dr. Summers, Wither, Callie

Summer 2015: Kevin

Post by JSherlock »

Wither: Kevin wiped sunscreen-tinged sweat from his eyes as he finished man-handling Joyce into position.  Now, all he had to do was to train the rose bushes to climb her, and it's be a really pretty piece of art, if he did say so himself.  "I just hope Professor Munroe doesn't kill me," he said aloud to himself, looking over the rather destructive path he'd created in the flower gardens getting his metal behemoth out here.

Ruth: Ruth was walking through the grounds of XU, yet again trying to get used to the place. Once she had walk through somewhere enough, she was usually okay. She was walking slowly without the aide of her stick, and she smelt something metallic. Then a voice... "Whose Professor Munroe?" she asked.

Wither: He turned, startled, at the voice.  "Oh, hello, you must be new here.  Professor Munroe is the keeper of the gardens here...and I've just trampled through most of it..."  There was something weird about this girl, but he couldn't quite place it.  "My name is Kevin, it's a pleasure to meet you, miss...?"  He kept his bare hands securely in his pockets and smiled as apologetically as he could for his apparent lack of manners.

Ruth: Ruth smiled already forgetting her manners. "Pardon me, I'm sorry. I'm Ruth Aldine. I'm new here. Fresh from a jet. Trying to figure out my way around here. It's nice to meet you Kevin."

Wither: "Hi, Ruth.  Ah, yes, the jet.  I came by jet too.  Via a truck."  He looked around for his gloves.  Nowhere to be found.  "So, what's your brand of special?"  He carefully picked up a couple of his tools.  "If you don't mind my asking."

Ruth: Ruth eased herself on to the ground praying she wasn't in mud or at least getting a stain on her shorts. Adjusting her sunglasses, she replied, "I've got some telepathic and precognitive skills. At least that is what I think you'd call them. I, uh, generally have to be familiar with someone or some place or something before anything happens."

Wither: "Interesting.  I sort of -" Don't say kill! "-sort of desiccate everything I touch."  He watched her maneuver carefully around before she sat comfortably on a patch of grass.  "What's precognitive?"

Ruth: Ruth took a deep breathe, figuring this was going to be the first of many explanantions. "I 'see' things before they happen. Sometimes I get feelings about things. Its stronger if I know you, or if I feel some sort of connection. I guess anyways. It's a pretty handy tool with keeping drunks in their drinks. So does this desiccation of property have a cool name?"

Wither: "Touch of Death," he said instantly, and immediately snapped his jaw shut.  Time to change the subject.    "Oh, that sounds like a cool thing - so if you were, like gonna trip down the stairs one day, you'd be able to see yourself doing it days before, and avoid that staircase for a while?"

Ruth: "Uh, I guess so. But I tend to avoid stars anyway..." Ruth hesistated to ask more about this 'Touch of Death' concept. Kevin seemed nice, and she didn't want to run off the first person she had really talked to. Lorna and Paige were super nice, but they weren't students. "So. Why is this Professor going to kill you for trampling on the grass. It grows back."

Wither: He looked askance at the wide trough of grass and flowers and half killed bushes he'd made.  He blinked as he hit upon a thought.  The girl was blind, right?  "Well, I kind of went through some plants too.  It was a pretty looking garden before.  I should have asked for help to move Joyce."

Ruth: Taking a deep breathe, Ruth took in a deep breath that was once again metallic in taste. "Joyce must be a metal statue," she thought. "So are you an art major?"

Wither: "Me?  I suppose I am, I guess.  I love art.  I prefer modern and contemporary rather than old stuff, but it's all interesting.  How about you?"

Ruth: Ruth leaned back and enjoyed the sun on her face. "I'm still undecided. Probably mixology, since I'm good with the drunks. Maybe social work. I was going to do counseling at the University of Washington before I got whisked away here. Who knows. the possibilities are endless."

Wither: "Bar keeping and counseling do go hand in hand, you could do both, although I don't think they teach it specifically here, but there are plenty of willing and able people to get drunk."  He looked down at his arms and took a double-take in surprise.  He was sure he hadn't been out here for all that long, and he knew that spf 50 would not get him looking rather red this fast.  "It's kind of hot out here, d'you want to go inside for some tea?"

Ruth: "Does this tea place also serve coffee? I'm kind of an intense caffiene junky. If not though, I will enjoy tea." Ruth started cursing herself. She had finally found someone to talk to, and she was starting blow it.

Wither: "Uh, I meant inside the mansion.  I don't have a license to drive, really.  I'm sure there's coffee...we could pour it over ice, unless you want it hot.  I made some sweet tea earlier.  It should be really good right now."  He bent to grab more of the tools and shoved them into the bag he'd been keeping them in.  "I'm just kind of hot, and seem to be burning more than usual this summer."  He was so putting the patch on tonight.  His power must be destroying the sunscreen. 

Ruth: "Oh. Well, sweet tea sounds great. I've never had it before. I'm from up north and its not common. And you are right, it is hot out here. I'm just over enjoying it too much. Washington has a lot of rain..." She trailed off hoping she didn't sound like too much of an idiot. "You'll have to help guide me inside."

Wither: "Uh...how?"  He slung the bag over his shoulder.  "I mean, it seemed like you were doing just fine on your own.”

Ruth: "Well, I've walked through these gardens several times. I guess just watch and make sure I'm not going to trip or fall down the rabbit hole. I've went into a couple of wrong doors around here." Sensing something was up, she added, "It can just be verbal cues if I am headed in the wrong direction. I'll figure it out."

Wither: "Oh, good,"  Kevin sighed in relief.  Today was the wrong day to wear a tank top, obviously.  "Shall we, then?  I've got everything I need to take back." 

Ruth: Ruth let Kevin's relief wash over her. Maybe she wasn't making a fool of herself. She scrambled to her feet and dusted herself off. "Let's go!" She exclaimed with a smile.

Wither: He made one more sweep before he led the way to the porch.  "Washington, huh?  Sounds nice.  I'm from Georgia."

Wither: "I've never been out of the state before I came here, you?"

Ruth: "I was born and raised on an indian reservation. My parents liked me to stay around the house, due to my, uh, gifts. I seldomly left the reservation." Noting his deep southern drawl, she added, "So what's Georgia like?"

Wither: "Nice.  I'm from Atlanta - it's just a big city, so living out here feels like the countryside, even though New York is so close.  And flat.  A bit more humid, too, but that's to be expected.  There's four steps up to the porch here.  How is your home?"

Ruth: Ruth laughed at Kevin's description. "It's wet, cold, overcast, green, mountainy. Thanks for the warning about the steps." Ruth carefully climbed them, silently counting in her head as she slid her feet to the back of the steps.

Ruth: "But it's home. This place is definately different from what I am used to. Faster paces."

Wither: "It's slow right now, because nearly everyone left for the summer, but when we're full it should start going crazy again.  Like a corner diner.  Gotta wait for slam times."  He held the door open for her.  "Um.  cough about ten paces from us...and coffee table beyond that and uh...a chair about seven paces beyond that...make a right and go straight into the kitchen.  The island should be roughly in the middle of it...?"

Ruth: Kevin was so sweet. He was working so hard to make sure she didn't bump into anything. "Thanks for all of the guiding. Are there stools at the island counter?"

Wither: He squirmed past her, being careful not to touch.  "Just on the other side.  This side's got a prep area.  I'm gonna go find my gloves and a long sleeved shirt, Make yourself comfortable, and I'll be right back."

Ruth: That's odd. He was just saying he was hot, and now a long sleeve shirt and gloves. Ruth frowned and stumbled around feeling for the bar stools he had said where there. Finally, she found one and climbed up. She brushed off her odd feeling, knowing that it she was in a place where wierd was all over the place. She'd just have to get used to it.

Wither: Kevin burst into his room and did a quick search - gloves, check, clean shirt no check.  He slid the gloves on and poked through his room mates' clothes, finding one that wouldn't be destroyed by his powers, he wrote a small thank you and promise to wash it before he returned it, and donned it and thundered down the stairs.  "Sorry about that.  I can't be too careful."  He went for the fridge and pulled out the large jug holding his precious highly-prized secret recipe for sweet tea.  It was the dash of brown sugar, really.  "So, you wanted coffee."

Ruth: "You don't have to go through all of the fuss. I'll try the sweet tea. You've made me curious. So, how long have you been here?"

Wither: "A while.  Most of this year."  He poured out the tea in two glasses and managed to find some min to decorate it with.  He set a glass down in front of her.  "It's a secret recipe,"  he said before gulping his down.  He was hot, but it was nice and cool inside.  He poured himself some more.  "Would you like something to eat?"

Ruth: "I'm okay right now. But if you are hungry, please don't let my presence stop you." Ruth picked up the glass he had sat in front of her, now wet with perspiration from the heat and the cold drink. She hesistated and took a sip. The cool liquid hit her tongue, and she immediately wanted more.

Ruth: "This is delicious." She replied. "I can't believe I've never had this before."

Wither: "It's more of a southern thing.  And thank you.  I'm glad you like it.  I'm just going to have an apple or something."  He helped himself to the basket of fruit in the middle of the island.  "There a basket of fruit if you want anything."

Ruth: "Thanks for the offer." She smiled at him, or at least hopefully in the direction of him. "So what do you do for fun around here? Bars, clubs, poetry readings, bungee jumping?"

Wither: "Uh...not much going out since that thing with all the things...I like making my art.  I guess I'm kind of boring."

Ruth: "You aren't boring, you are just..." Ruth struggled to look for the right word. "Committed. I'm not used to people who have dedication to something. Well besides my parents. And my mom was dedicated to my oddities, while dad was dedicated to black jack." Ruth drained her glass of the delicious sweet tea. "The only thing I've ever been committed to was slinging drinks to the drunks. And shopping.

Ruth: But that's just the girl in me."

Wither: "Oddities?"  He echoed, picking up on her emphasis on the word.  He topped up her glass with more tea. 

Ruth: "Thanks for the refill. We always considered my abilities and my disabilities to be oddities. The reservation healer couldn't explain them, and my parents loved that I was 'special'." Ruth was thankful for the tea. It was something to occupy her mouth. She wasn't quite sure if she was ready to show someone else what was behind the glasses.

Wither: "Ah.  I've never heard of powers called oddities."  He shrugged and looked around for something else to talk about, as she seemed reticent, and it was rude to aggravate a strange lady.  "So, are you going to be staying at the school, then?"

Ruth: "Yeah in the dorms." Sensing Kevin's reluctancy, she continued, "My parents always called me special, all ways called what I can do oddities. They didn't want me to be known as different. They sheltered me, A LOT. They didn't want anything bad to happen to me. I honestly didn't know that what I had were powers, something special, until Paige and Lorna showed up at the bar to offer the school to me. I was just me."

Wither: "I see.  So, you were born with yours.  Interesting.  Mine appeared later.  But obviously before I came here."  He shifted uncomfortably and dug into the apple.  "So, let's see.  There's some really nice people here, and all in all, it could be less stressful, but you know, sleep is for the weak.  I mean, there's something going on, be it late night strip poker, which I don't participate in or spin the bottle, I don't do that either, or shark channel marathons.  And epic gaming fights."

Wither: He paused.  Most of that were sight-based things.  "There's a ballroom, too, and the woods are fun to hike.  Sometimes there's camping and dancing."

Ruth: "Those all sound like fun." Ruth's cell phone dinged, the familiar tune alerting her that it was her mother. Her constant, nagging, mother who was almost three thousand miles away. Groaning, "Kevin, I am so sorry, but I've got to go call my mom. She is like a black hawk helicopter out of her element. I've never been this far from home. Thanks for the tea. I've really enjoyed the company."

Wither: "Me too. Another time?  I should uh, go wash up.  I've got sunscreen in my eye, I think."  He got up.  "I'll see you around."
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

Re: Summer 2015: Kevin

Post by Svartfreja »

[[Placeholder for Pool instance]]
:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Svartfreja »

Jessica: Jess sighed heavily as she dragged her bag out of the back seat of the cab then went to pay the driver before starting the walk up the drive. Danny would be back in two days, she kept reminding herself. She could manage two days.

Wither: Kevin pounded down the stairs. He'd seen her drive up in the ops room. "Hey Jess! How was Japan?" He reached for her bag. "Let me get that."

Jessica: She felt bad reminding him that she was quite capable of lifting a car so a bag would be no trouble and let him take it for her. "Thanks... it was... well... nice for a day... half a day..." she wrinkled her nose.

Wither: "You didn't spend a long time, huh? Was there trouble? Was it relaxing anyway?" The bag was only a bit heaver than he'd thought it was. He patted his side to make sure the patch was still on and hefted it onto his shoulder.

Jessica: "It was.... awkward... and slightly unbearable..." she ran a hand through her hair, "Everything kind of went to hell and, as you can see, I am minus a Danny."

Wither: "I'm sorry." He paused. "D'you want to talk about it?"

Jessica: "I probably should..." she sighed, "Let's go straight to the kitchen. I can have some tea then... might help me feel better."

Wither: Kevin managed to open the door and gently put the bag down by the door. "Tea is good for what ails you."

Jessica: "Tea is good for everything." She managed a small smile and headed for the kitchen to fill the kettle. "Danny's coming back in a couple of days..."

Wither: "I see, and is that a good thing?"

Jessica: "If he actually does it, yeah..." she had that sinking feeling. "We kind of had a bit of a fight..."

Wither: "Ah." He got mugs down from the cabinet. "That bad, huh? What happened?"

Jessica: "I... don't even know where to start...." she leaned against the counter as she waited for the water. "We got to his village place and that was nice until he pissed his guardian off so then that was awkward... and it was all kind of downhill from there...."

Wither: "Oh dear. But it sounds like it was his fault first, so... you shouldn't feel too bad, right? But awkward situations are the worst." He rummaged through the fridge, finding a chocolate torte thing. Girls liked chocolate, right? Especially under stress ones. "Would you like a slice of chocolate pie?"

Jessica: She gave a small smile and nodded, "I would, very much." She turned to make the tea, "So anyway... then we went to Tokyo... and I had some stuff to do... that really I would have liked a whole day to recover from but then we went straight from that to a meeting at his family's business.... and that was what the fight was about."

Wither: "Oh. What kind of business?" He took the torte out and sliced a couple pieces out, going through the fridge to find some whipped cream. "There you go." He set the plate of pie in front of her. "Forks." He handed her one.

Jessica: "Thanks... and I don't know exactly... seems like an everything kind of business... offices everywhere...." she wrinkled her nose and set the cups down on the table. "But he wants to do work for the company... and none of the offices he can choose for what he wants to do are in New York."

Wither: "Ah. There isn't a way to remotely do it?" He started in on his pie - it was really good. He hoped it wasn't a teacher's.

Jessica: "I don't know... he says he'll come back for holidays and things... or move the whatever it is to a closer building but I don't know... that'll take time and it's too soon into my first ever relationship to have to deal with this crap..." she stabbed at the pie a little, "I had to leave... couldn't stay there..."

Wither: "Ah." He hadn't had any experience in the relationship department. "Sounds a bit early to me too."

Jessica: "It's just... he was away for four weeks before summer... and that was awful..." She dropped her fork onto her plate and put her face in her hands. "I can't handle that for four years..."

Wither: "Him not being there?" Kevin shifted uncomfortably. Maybe there was a girl he could find to translate. He had no clue what she was on about four years what? "Wouldn't it be like before you had a boyfriend?"

Jessica: "Before I had a boyfriend I was-... never mind. It won't be the same... It wouldn't matter before if I say, got caught up in the moment and kissed someone or had sex... now if I do that I'm cheating on Danny...."

Wither: Kevin choked on his bite of pie. "Um. I meant not having anybody... but um... er... the kettle's whistling!"

Jessica: "Oh right...." she went to get that, "Sorry.... I know I'm weird... I think about stupid things... but... ugh. I can't even explain why it's such a huge deal..." she poured the water into the cups then turned off the heat and put the kettle back down.

Wither: "You're not weird." He was about 84 point 6 percent sure he didn't even want the explanation, anyway. "Is he your first major relationship? This might be a warning sign that he's not for you."

Jessica: "He's my first ever relationship. I have zero experience with real people before coming here..." she sighed, slumping back into her seat and picking up her fork to prod the pie. She didn't feel like eating at all now. "He says he loves me.... as soon as he said it I expected something bad to happen...."

Wither: "...real people?" his mind stuck to that and drowned out the rest.

Jessica: "It was just me and my dad until I was seventeen... then there was the accident and all the hitchhiking and then I was in Amsterdam until I was asked to come here. No one you meet in Amsterdam doing what I was doing can be considered real or a good example."

Wither: "Ah." Kevin squirmed uncomfortably. "It's a bit early to say the love word," he offered tentatively. "But maybe he means it, but doesn't quite know how to properly relate to you?" He thanked an old issue of some magazine with an agony aunt for that one.

Jessica: "I tried to explain to him why I hate that word... and any idiot could tell that I wouldn't be okay to go straight into a business meeting after visiting my father's grave...." She ran her hands through her hair, "I know I'm not normal, I know that... I know I completely fail at understanding perfectly simple social conventions but I'm doing my best..."

Wither: "That doesn't sound normal... visiting a grave straight to business, I mean. I'm with you - it's not good. If he forced you into doing that, then it's definitely his fault." He took another bite, to stop himself from talking, he'd probably over-stepped all the boundaries.

Jessica: "I told him after I'd have liked the whole day... he said he was sorry but it was too late by then..." she frowned. "I don't know... maybe I'm just being pessimistic... but this always happens..."

Wither: He awkwardly patted her arm gently. "I'm sorry."

Jessica: She shook her head and offered him a small smile, "It's not your fault..."

Wither: "You feel any better now?"

Jessica: "I don't know..." She rested her arm on the table and lay her head on it. "I keep asking myself why I came here... I don't even know anymore... and there's barely anything keeping me here. Less if Danny goes off doing whatever...."

Wither: "Your friends aren't enough?"

Jessica: "I hardly have any... I don't think I'm very good at it."

Wither: "I'm not a friend?"

Jessica: "Honestly? I don't know. How many conversations do you have to have with someone before they're a friend and not just an acquaintance? There should be classes on that never mind remedial math and all the rest...."

Wither: Kevin suddenly felt very awkwardly offended. "I thought we were friends," he snapped out more sharply than he'd meant to.

Jessica: "Oh..." she frowned, "Sorry... I've already done this to someone else too... Sorry.... I'll just... I'll stop talking..." she turned her head to hide her face against her arm.

Wither: He had nothing to say to that, really. "Maybe a talk to the school counselor would help you to recognize budding friendships, Jessica." He cleared his plate and mug. "I need to get back to ops. Good luck with Danny." He sort of bowed and made an exit.

Jessica: Jess squeezed her eyes shut and took a deep breath. Great. Just great. She was ruining everything lately. She abandoned her tea and slice of pie and headed outside instead. She just needed to never talk to people again.

IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Svartfreja »

Wither: Kevin pulled a chair into the shade, cursing the patch he'd recently taken off. Allergic to the sun was the most stupid thing he'd ever heard of, but at least the rash was going away. He sat down to sketch, and soon was half-falling asleep in the midday haze.

Jessica: Jess decended from her perch on the roof in search of a cold drink and a snack. She landed on the porch and stretched, running a hand through her hair and spying a figure in one of the chairs.

Wither: Kevin started awake, blinking. "Oh - hey Jessica." He waved at her from over the top of his sketchbook and started a new form study of her. Maybe he'd try a go at painting - the backlighting on her was really artsy looking.

Jessica: "Hey... I just came down for a drink... do you want anything?" she held a hand up to shade her eyes a little.

Wither: "No, thanks. I'm good." He scrutinized her. She was very hard to read. One minute being all friendly, the next saying you weren't good enough to be her friend. Maybe it's all girls. Like it's some sort of girl code you gotta know. Are we on friendly terms again? Or at least nice ones? "Uh, how did things go with Danny?"

Jessica: She bit her lip, looking down at the floor, "Not great.... we broke up..."

Wither: "I'm sorry," he said, and meant it.

Jessica: She gave a small shrug, "I'm working through it... apparently my options were being depressed or moving on and I'm good at moving on...."

Wither: "Well, that's a good thing, I suppose. I'm good at avoiding and working through something, but moving on is a bit harder for me."

Jessica: She frowned a little, "That depends how you look at it... how I got good at it wasn't especially nice..." She moved into the shade a little so she didn't have to shield her eyes so much.

Wither: "Ah." He let the subject drop. He didn't like talking about his own past, and wasn't rude enough to intrude into someone else's. "So school starts soon. Excited? There's a new girl coming... I forgot her name, but she's blind, and very nice."

Jessica: "Yeah? I've heard a new voice around but I haven't met her officially yet. I'm sure I will eventually." she gave a small smile. He didn't seem to be angry with her still...

Wither: "So, uh, about the other day. I was a bit rude, leaving like that."

Jessica: She shook her head, "Oh no... it's okay... I offended you... I'm sorry...."

Wither: Kevin smiled. "It's forgotten."

Jessica: She smiled back, "Thank you... I really didn't mean to upset you... I meant what I said about them teaching a class.... they really should..."

Wither: "Maybe you could put it in the suggestion box?"

Jessica: "Maybe... there'd only probably be one or two students in the class but it'd be really helpful..." she sighed, raking her fingers through her hair and looking away out over the grounds.

Wither: "Even so, it'd still be a class." He quickly sketched out her new pose, grinning. He should do more of the people here. He was rusty with portraits.

Jessica: She nodded, "Yep..." she glanced over at him, "How do you tell?"

Wither: "Tell what?" He paused in his sketching.

Jessica: "Whether or not someone is a friend?"

Wither: "Um..." He blinked. He'd never actually thought about it that way. He considered himself friendly and friends with mostly everyone in the school, whether it was true or not. "You have nice conversations with them, and are able to communicate some deeper level of feelings... you can joke with them, and uh... are just generally friendly toward each other." He thought some more. "I used to hang out at my friends' houses, and play video games, or watch movies."

Jessica: She frowned slightly, looking away again as she thought about that. "I wish I knew what that was like..."

Wither: "Um, well, hate to break it to you, but we're having one such conversation. Again. It's a bit awkward, but if we keep doing it, it'll get better. And maybe we could meet in the rec room and watch movies, even, if we're feeling daring."

Jessica: She shook her head, "I mean the other part... it must be nice growing up like that..." she looked at him again, "I don't have any experience of making friends before coming here... that's kind of why I'm so awful at it..."

Wither: Kevin's heart broke a little for her. "Better late than never." He gave her a smile.

Jessica: She nodded, "Definitely. Just... have patience with me, I'm doing my best..."

Wither: Kevin nodded. "Of course. So, do you want to get your drink and come back out here so I can keep drawing your portrait? We could talk and maybe develop this friendship."

Jessica: She started to nod then paused, "You're drawing me?"

Wither: "Yeah..." He turned the book around so she could see it.

Jessica: She smiled a little, "That's good... if I'd have known you were drawing me I'd have tried to look more interesting."

Wither: "No, no. That's the point. Life studies aren't picture perfect... they're just what happens." He recited from his art teacher in high school.

Jessica: She nodded, "Mmhmm, I know I'm boring. There's no need to rub it in," she smirked a little.

Wither: Kevin grinned. "Nobody here is boring. Ever."

Jessica: "See you say that but you're forgetting that my idea of a good time is to sit on the roof and watch the world go by." She gave a smile, "Do you want anything from the kitchen?"

Wither: "Nah. But thanks. My idea of a good time is getting roasted alive in a smithy and turning junk into art... alone. I watch my inner world go by." He blinked. That had come out less funny and more philosophical than he'd meant. "But maybe an ice cream bar?"

Jessica: "I'll see what I can dig up. I tend to avoid the freezer if I can help it so I have no idea what's in there." she laughed a little and headed for the door to the kitchen.

tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

Clint: Clint fired arrow after arrow at the target. The center was already blown out so he'd picked a new spot to attack. His dad had decided to punish him for, well whatever he wanted clint didn't pay attention to the excuses anymore.

LadyLoki: In the interests of showing more involvement with the school since he decided to stay, Lukas had agreed to go on this recruitment trip after getting back to the school. In the interests of keeping everyone on their toes and boredom, he had shifted forms and was currently a young woman. Leaning back against the seat, she looked out the window and out over the world below. "Where are we? It looks like the middle of Farmtown, Nowhere."

Wither: Kevin glanced out of the window for the nth time. He resisted asking when they would arrive. It was better than sneaking glances at Lukas who had transformed himself into a woman. It was unnerving. He resisted asking about that too, since it was very un pc, he assumed. "Agreed," he finally said, scratching at his burnt skin under his clothes.

Paige: Paige twirled in her seat, and nearly shrieked at the suddenly woman. "I'll never get used to that..." She muttered.

Angel: Angel fussed with her old uniform and didn't look out the window. It reminded her of Nebraska, which reminded her of Scott.

LadyLoki: Lukas smirked and held her chin up. She did so enjoy keeping the others on their toes. This was just one of the easier and more natural ways of causing a bit of mischief ", I'm sure I'll get bored of this form soon. Someone I knew once told me that practicing was the best way of getting a handle on my shifting though."

Paige: "Well that's true enough. I shift in a different way, and practice really is the only way." Paige smiled at Lady Lukas.

Wither: "Handle something," Kevin muttered under his breath, steadfastly not looking. "Are we there yet?" he asked louder.

LadyLoki: Looking at Kevin with wide innocent eyes, Lukas blinked ", what was that, Mr Ford? I'm not sure I heard that first bit."

Clint: Clint kept it until he was out of breath. "Fucking bastard."

Wither: "I'm sure you didn't," Kevin replied mildly. "Shapeshifting is very cool. Much cooler than what I got." He scratched at his arm.

LadyLoki: "Well yes, it is. But all powers have their place," she winked at him.

Paige: Paige shuddered just a bit. That was unnerving!

Wither: "Not all." He scratched some more. Lukas was seriously creepy.

Angel: Angel flicked her wings, watching the exchange. "Not used to shapeshifters yet, no? We've had several over the years. It's an interesting power."

Wither: "Never seen one before. I think."

Angel: "That you know of," Angel grinned at the poor sunburned kid.

LadyLoki: "It's not my primary ability but it is the easiest to mess around with. The probability thing is a little....chaotic sometimes," she shrugged ", to be honest I'd rather not mess about with it while in the air." Lukas' nose wrinkled. Confident in her abilities but still not willing to risk her own ass.

Wither: Kevin suddenly sat up. He unbuckled himself and ran for the bathroom to be able to scratch in privacy. The peeling burn itched and the rash wasn't helping. "I'll just stay in the jet, y'all," he said as he scrambled past.

LadyLoki: Jerking back as Kevin ran by, Lukas raised an eyebrow ", I think he's gone to scratch himself all over." She looked to the two teachers in the front ", so, ladies, Miss Ladies, are we there yet?"

Paige: Paige shot Angel a look. "If I had a quarter..."

Angel: "We should start charging. Extra if they kick the seats," she giggled.

Paige: Paige giggled at her friend. "10 bucks for that!"

LadyLoki: "Do you honestly want to hand me more fuel," she asked with a cheeky grin.

Angel: Angel looked at the controls and the instructions. She wasn't entirely comfortable with this AI piloting program Darren had built in to the jet. "Allora, I think we are almost there... if we can find a spot to put it down."

Paige: "So yes... We are nearly there." Paige grinned back at the shapeshifter.

LadyLoki: Lukas smirked at Paige and then looked out the window ", I'd say pick a field you think will look good with a crop circle and set her down."

Paige: "Ohhh can we make it a pretty crop circle?"

Angel: "We'll see, si?" Angel punched in the appropriate codes and took as much control as the AI would allow to land. "Hold on... I've never done this before."

Paige: "Wheee! Adventure!!!" Paige buckled up.

LadyLoki: Lukas frowned and buckled in, sitting back. "That's a very reassuring thing to say," she announced and did not agree with the shriek of adventure at all. Not one bit.

Angel: Angel crossed her fingers when the jet set down and then let out a string of relieved, unintelligible Italian when it bumped to a stop.

Paige: "Eeeeeee everyone alright?!" Paige looked around to be sure.

Clint: Clint stared at the Jet that just touched down. "What the fuck....." He dropped the arrow he's just knocked.

LadyLoki: Looking around, Lukas let go of her seat and took a deep breath ", I'm good, we're down, right? Safely on the ground?"

Paige: "Down and good. Excellent job, Angel!" Paige patted her pilot.

Angel: Angel opened her eyes and unbuckled, standing up and buzzing her wings once. "I believe we have his attention," she said, looking out the front window. She'd wave, but he wouldn't see it. "We're very subtle, si?"

Paige: "Who needs subtle?" Paige was already heading out of the plane.

Clint: Clint wondered if he should call 911 or just let them crush the crops.

LadyLoki: Unbuckling herself, Lukas spared a glance for the bathroom and then headed towards the exit of the plane as well ", if it's just his attention we have then I'd be truly impressed." She pushed her hair out of her face and frowned out a nearby window ", does he have a bow?"

Angel: "He does have a bow." Angel hit the button to open the hatch and looked around. "So, who's arrow-proof?"

Clint: Clint stared at the weird looking plane. "Who the hell is coming here... It's the middle of nowhere Iowa."

Paige: "Cool I want a bow!" Paige was already off the plane and waving at Clint.

Angel: "Never mind. She can be, if she wants." Angel lifted off and buzzed after Paige.

Clint: "I.... is there a reason you landed in our corn."

Paige: "Your corn? Oh sorry!!! There wasn't a better landing spot. Hello!!!"

LadyLoki: "Well I can put up a shield or turn the arrows to something else," she shrugged and then ran off after her teachers. The school was full of crazy people and she was now one of them. When they approached, she eyed the young man warily.

Clint: "In front of the Barn? The field....." Clint stopped when he noticed the girl flying.

Paige: "Weeeeeellll newbie pilot. But it's totally fine she landed it great! I'm Professor Guthrie." She giggled. Professor...

Clint: "Okay my bow snapped back and hit me in the face.... I'm unconscious on the ground somewhere...."

LadyLoki: "You don't look like you're on the ground at all," Lukas smirked at him ", these two are professors. Just very enthusiastic teachers." She shrugged and looked at the two women.

Angel: "I'm Professora Salvatore," Angel said, setting down beside Paige. "Mi dispiace tanto... sorry about the corn. We are, ah, here to offer you a proposition."

Clint: "What?" He stared at Angel, confused for more than one reason.

Angel: Angel looked him over. Young, scared... was that a black eye? "You are a mutant. We can offer you help, a home, an education, a chance to be with other mutants. And it's free. Good deal, si?"

Clint: "What's the catch." He stepped back a little still holding his bow.

LadyLoki: Stepping forward a bit, Lukas smiled ", there really isn't one. Trust me, I would know."

Clint: "And I'm not a mutant. I can't do anything special."

Angel: "Our boss says you are." Angel looked him over again. He certainly wasn't obvious. "Are you sure?"

Clint: "I've been normal all my life. Pretty sure I'd notice something different about myself."

Paige: "Weeellll maybe it hasn't manifested yet?" Paige suggested.

LadyLoki: "Maybe it's something subtle," Lukas suggested. She was studying the young man and taking in his general shakey appearance.

Clint: "Maybe I'm just a normal farm boy. Different doesn't happen around here often. And the last time it did it was bad."

Paige: "He wouldn't have sent us to you if you weren't a mutant." Paige tried to reason with him.

LadyLoki: "You know, I've heard sometimes oppression can keep someone from manifesting. Or even that they do and just don't notice it," Lukas moved closer ", what do you think?" She smirked at Clint.

Clint: Clint raised an eyebrow. "Huh?"

Angel: "Oh, it does. I know another Midwest farm boy who can blow a hole through a mountain with his eyes, si?" Angel looked down at the bow then to the target. She noticed the bullseye. "You did that?" She pointed.

Clint: "I do that everyday. It's practice. Only thing that keeps me out of a full days worth of chores."

Paige: "But... you didn't miss... any of them..." Paige was amazed.

Clint: "I don't miss. That's why I practice. So I don't miss."

Paige: "But even great marksmen miss, even just a little." Paige inspected his target.

Angel: "But people miss sometimes, no matter how much they practice."

LadyLoki: "Are you sure you don't miss because of the practice or do you just....not miss," she asked and went to study the targets, touching the arrows.

Clint: "I practice. A LOT. My dad makes sure of it. If you want a demonstration I can show you." He lifted his bow up.

LadyLoki: Lukas stepped back away from the target at the sound of 'demonstration'. She had no intention of getting accidentally skewered even if she could probably stop the arrow.

Paige: Paige put a gummy bear on her head. "Shoot the gummy!"

Clint: Clint grinned. "Is that all you've got?" He knocked an arrow.

Paige: Paige grinned... then covered her eyes. She couldn't watch. She was so going to die.

Clint: Clint took aim and easily took the gummy bear off her hear and nailed it to the target. "Next?"

Paige: Paige dared to peep. "Oh my gosh you're so awesome!"

LadyLoki: Looking between the two of them, one of Lukas' eyes twitched. She'd seen a lot but she'd never seen a woman not being mind controlled cheerfully volunteer for death by headshot. She wondered vaguely if the headmaster knew. Watching the gummy go sailing into the target, her eyes widened.

Paige: "There's no way a normal marksman could make that... you are totally a mutant! And a very cool one at that!"

Clint: "You've never been to a gun show have you? Stationary target, easy hit. Moving are harder. But the remington spokesman is regular old joe and he hits eggs that the audience throws at any time."

Paige: "Hmmmm... shoot these!" Paige got a handful of gummy bears and threw them in the air.

LadyLoki: Lukas held up a hand, a soft green glow coming from them and then held out a crystal dagger ", using these."

Clint: Clint stared at the crystal dagger. "I...."

LadyLoki: "From the way you said it, you've shot guns and your bow. Try throwing daggers."

Clint: "You gonna give me more than one..." He took the dagger and tested it's weight for a second.

LadyLoki: She held out several more, smiling.

Clint: "Don't move your hand." He looked at Paige. "Got more candy?"

Paige: "Yay!" Paige got ready to toss more gummy bears. "Let me know when you're ready! I have lots!"

LadyLoki: Lukas held her hand steady and watched him, eyes focused.

Clint: "Whenever's fine." He waited a second and when she threw them and split them in the air.

LadyLoki: "Wow. Yeah that, have you practiced with crystal daggers before? Because that was pretty amazing."

Clint: "Just had to gauge the weight. They're not perfect but they're not off."

Paige: "You still want to argue that it's all about practice and no mutation?"

Clint: "I do. Because I don't like my talents being questioned. All I do that's of any worth is this."

Paige: "That doesn't mean what you do is any less amazing, Clint. It makes it even more amazing."

LadyLoki: "I've never met anyone that could do that. That just means you should be more proud," she sighed a bit. "What can we do to make you change your mind?"

Clint: "You know really... I don't care. Just get me out of here." He gave her a smile.

Paige: Paige grinned. "Great! Do you need to grab some clothes and things from the house?"

Clint: "If I go in there I'm probably not coming out without another one of these." He pointed at his eye. "I can buy stuff later. Well unless they freeze my bank account....."

LadyLoki: Lukas smiled and held an arm out to the plane ", then after you. I'm sure we can find something at the school to hold you over until you can buy something."

Paige: "You want me to go in there? I can whack them real good if they try to hit you." Paige pushed her sleeves up. "Oh right, or that. To the plane!"

Clint: "Cool." Clint smiled and let himself be led to the plane by the women. Definitely a great way to recruit people. He eyed the women with his peripheral vision.