Christmas 2015: Hope

Check out what goes on between semesters here!
TechPrincess
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Little BABY!! Fairy <3
Nightscrawlearth Character: :jean :emma :husk

Christmas 2015: Hope

Post by TechPrincess »

<@Hope> Hope headed down the hall with the square jewellery box from her room. She had spent several hours debating on what to do with it, and she finally realized something. Eddie was the perfect person to have it! She knocked on his door.

<Eddie> There was a sniffing sound from inside his room, followed slowly by a shuffling and finally, the door opening. Eddie smiled at his guest, a pair of Night Vision goggles on his head, "H-hey, you.", he smiled, eyes a little sore from rubbing them.

<@Hope> "Do I want to know why you have those on?" Hope eyed him a bit. He was so odd, but that was part of his charm.

<Eddie> "O-oh...", Eddie opened the door, stepping back to her in, "Yeah...long time ago I had a fight with this guy. Saved the girl, got these as a kind of trophy.", he sighed, looking on his half-packed affects, "...God I'm gonna miss this place..."

<@Hope> "Hero gig has perks. Where are you going!? You aren't leaving school are you?" Hope stepped on into the room, concerned.

<Eddie> Eddie nodded, slouching down onto his bed, "Yeah.....yeah, my time here's over."

<@Hope> "Well that just... really freaking sucks." Hope sat down too.

<Eddie> "Yeah.", Eddie smirked, looking to her, "W-why? You have Johnny here, right? A-and I'll still be here from time to time!"

<@Hope> "Yeah but I can't spend all my time with Johnny... we'd smother each other. You're my buddy! We dominate the paintball field, remember?"

<Eddie> Eddie smiled, "I know. We'll still be able to hang out, Hope, just....you know....", he looked away, "I've...actually got a kinda surprise of my own.", he grinned.

<@Hope> "Oh yeah? Well spill!" She smiled again and got more comfortable for story time.

<Eddie> "Well, I was working on getting a place on the Police Force, right?", Eddie explained, turning around and going through his things, withdrawing a paper, "This is a letter: they're considering me for a place."

<@Hope> "That's great, Eddie!" Hope gave him a happy hug. "Congratulations! I'm sure they will find a place for you in no time."

<Eddie> Eddie laughed, hugging her back with another sigh, "God, I can't believe it....the last few years have just slipped right by...", he leaned on Hope, "...I mean, where am I gonna go? Back to England?"

<@Hope> "You are going to stay here where we can hang out, obviously. You are considered for a job here even."

<Eddie> "Well.....yeah, but I don't know how I'm gonna find someplace to stay.", Eddie shrugged, "I'll ask my Dad. He'll know what to do.", he nodded, looking back through his things, "God, I'm gonna miss this place...", he put his head in his hands.

<@Hope> "It won't be the same without you." Hope pouted a bit, sitting back down. "Which reminds me... do you know anyone who might like this?" She handed the box up to him. Inside the black box was a white gold and diamond spider on a black bracelet.

<Eddie> Eddie blinked at the object, ".....the fuck is...?", he looked up at her, "Hope, where the hell d'you get that!? It looks like its worth more than....everything I've ever owned!"

<@Hope> "Uh jewellery store and Tony's credit card... I got it for Jess... but well she is stuck in bitch mode so I don't think she should get it now."

<Eddie> "Oh, so this is a 'I've got it spare'?", Eddie smirked, "Well, charming as it is, I always thought silver was my thing. That and it's a bit...fabulous for a man of my gender.", he shrugged, "....a-although, if....Liza..."

<@Hope> "And there you go then! I't so not your style." She laughed and shook her head. "I don't think Jess and I will ever be friends again." She sighed.

<Eddie> Eddie winced, "Ouch....why not? It get that bad?",

<@Hope> "She's just... she plays the victim card so well. And any confrontation, she goes and tells Bobby about, so it fucks up stuff with my body guard. And I'm sick of it. She has her head so far up his butt, it's amazing she doesn't follow us when we leave campus. I mean, she lives with him. And she is so good at playing the victim that he buys it hook, line, and sinker. I should just request

<@Hope> a different guard or something..."

<Eddie> ".....wow.", Eddie scratched his head, "Erm.....man, that sucks. Er....I honestly don't know what to suggest. I-I mean as for Bobby....well....", he shook his head, "Known murderer? Shit choice of bodyguard. Frankly, I can't believe Darren recruited him to S.W.O.R.D, but whatever....", with a sigh, he went back to his things, "...could've employed me."

<@Hope> "Ha! There you go officer Eddie... You could have been Agent Eddie and assigned to babysitting duty." She laughed then grinned. "But seriously. He has openly admitted that he doesn't like me. He claims that won't have an impact on his job, but I guess we'll see."

<Eddie> Eddie smirked at Hope, "Could always ask Daddy if he'll hire me, eh?", he scoffed, "Well, yeah....I hope it turns out ok for you.", he put a hand on her shoulder, "And if you want help staging the murder? I'm your guy."

<@Hope> Hope laughed and grinned up at him. "I'll keep that in mind. I have the money to pay off people now too. Will come in handy."

<Eddie> "Hehehe, careful: don't wanna have to arrest you.", Eddie tapped his nose, "Then again, Hope in handcuffs.....hm....hehehehehe: the possibilities.", he grinned cheekily.

<@Hope> "Johnny been sharing secrets again?" She gave Eddie a look, but she couldn't do it without laughing.

<Eddie> Eddie shook his head, "Wish he would, sometimes.", he winked at her, laughing as well, "Shame I never got in there myself, eh?", he nudged Hope.

<@Hope> "Awwww so cute how you think you'd have a chance!" She ruffled his hair, grinning.

<Eddie> "Yeah: with standards as low as yours I'm sure you were plenty busy with the bottom feeders like Curt and Fabian.", he dismissed her hand nonchalantly, sniggering at her hair-ruffling.

<@Hope> "Oh my gosh I never!" She laughed and whipped him with his pillow. Well, not Curt at least.

<Eddie> Eddie took the blow, in stitches himself, "I think the lady doth protest too much!", he grinned, still laughing as he pushed the pillow back into her.

<@Hope> "You are just terrible, you know that?" She hit him again. "I mean come on! I date Johnny! I have high standards."

<Eddie> "'High'? 'Johnny'?", he shook his head, sitting up on the bed and pushing Hope down, "Bitch, please: we both know Sparky's second best to the Webslinger.",

<@Hope> "Pfft you wish!" She shoved him back.

<Eddie> "Sometimes! Sometimes in my dreeeeams!", he rolled onto his back, pretending to be in 'heart wrenching pain', but still laughing, "Why you no love me, Hope?", he creased.

<@Hope> "Awwwww!!!" Hope fell into a fit of laughter at him. "What can I say? Johnny is hotter." She grinned at her own joke and got comfortable again.

<Eddie> Eddie looked up at her, "That's the funniest thing you've said all day, and I'm out of laughs!", he sniggered, coughing as he sat up, breathless from laughter, "Haaa...screw X-er buisness: let's get you to the comedy club."

<@Hope> "I always thought I had a fabulous sense of humour myself. Glad you confirmed it."

<Eddie> "I aim to please...", he assured her, stretching, "...'course we may never know how pleased you could be. Alas!", Eddie shuffled off his bed, starting for his wardrobe and opening it, inspecting all of his clothes and withdrawing his old leather jacket, running a hand over the silver spider on the back.

<@Hope> "Oh ho!! I see what you did!" Hope laughed again. "Though I guess we'll never know who should be more disappointed."

<Eddie> Eddie just stared at the emblem on the jacket, shaking his head and casting it aside onto his bed before turning to her, "....you ever look back and wonder if you really did al l you could do? D'you ever regret things?"

<@Hope> "There's no point in regretting things. You can't change them... though I do wonder like, if Tony regrets not marrying my mom. But it still doesn't change anything."

<Eddie> "Mmn.....maybe.", he shrugged, turning around and going through his things again, "Guess I'm just gonna miss being here."

<@Hope> "Yeah, I understand that. I am not sure I'll want to leave this place in a couple of years either. This is the only home I've ever really had."

<Eddie> For a moment, Eddie remained silent, laughing a little dryly as he found an old shirt, badly damaged from bleach, "Heh.....good times."

<@Hope> "What happened to that shirt?" Hope asked as she glanced over at it.

<Eddie> "O-oh...one time, Adam and I were mortal enemies - he sabotaged my clothes after I socked him one.", Eddie grinned, looking back at the shirt, "I kept it and the cyber-goth mask over there?", he pointed at his bedside table, where the mouth-mask lay, "After our fight."

<@Hope> "Ouch... at least Jess and I just yell at each other." Hope took in the scene of the mask and the shirt. "Not sure what I'd do if she ruined something."

<Eddie> Eddie shrugged, "Well, we made up in the end. Kind of....I-I mean, you know, I still think he's a jerk because....well...h-he murdered countless people.", he gestured with his hand, "Kiiiinda has a detrimental effect on a friendship."

<@Hope> Hope winced a bit at that. "Yeah.... glad you two made up for the most part though.

<Eddie> "Best result, I suppose.", he shrugged, sitting back down on his bed, "Hope? You wouldn't lie to me, right? Like, no matter what?"

<@Hope> "I have no reason to lie to you, so yeah sure."

<Eddie> Eddie turned to her, "We'll always be friends, yeah? No matter what?", his grip on the end of his bed tightened, "....I have a really bad track record with good friends is all...and...."

<@Hope> "That depends. You try to sleep with Johnny and I'm totally kicking your ass." She grinned at him, trying to lighten the mood.

<Eddie> "Heh, you don't have to worry about that.", he assured her, "Now, him on the other hand with you....", he smirked jokingly.

<@Hope> Hope laughed again and patted his shoulder. "Nothing for you to worry about then. We're friends and always will be."

<Eddie> Biting back tears, Eddie smiled, clasping her hand and squeezing it a little, "Y-yeah....thanks, Hope.", he breathed out, shaking himself up, "Right: this is gay as hell - can we do something manly? Like....I don't know, go skiing?"

<@Hope> "Well... I'm always up for a game of hockey..."

<Eddie> "Bitchin'; Hockey it is.", Eddie nodded, "Shall we?"

<@Hope> "Absolutely!" Hope jumped to her feet. "Hope you are ready to lose."

<Eddie> Shaking his head, Eddie stood also, "I never lose.", he smiled.
Paige :husk -------- Emma :emma -------- Hope :jean
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

Re: Christmas 2015: Hope

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

Hope: Hope sighed contently as she added another log to the fire in the fireplace. The irony of stoking the fire with Johnny there was not lost on her, and a smile spread across her face. She cuddled up to him better. "I guess we could just cheat and keep the fire going without wood, but where's the fun in that?"

Johnny: "Plus, it'd involve too much concentrating," Johnny replied as he shifted slightly, wrapping an arm around her as he stared into the fire.

Hope: "And I'd much rather concentrate on you." Hope stole a soft kiss from him, though she couldn't help but smile in it.

Johnny: He gave a grin after returning the kiss, "Exactly."

Hope: "I'm going to miss you over break." She ran her fingers back through his hair a bit, careful not to actually mess it up.

Johnny: "I'm going to miss you too," Johnny said, resting his forehead against hers.

Hope: Hope swallowed hard, squeezing his arm where her hand rested. "I'll call you," she promised.

Johnny: "I'll be waiting for it then."

Hope: "It will be the best part of my day." She smiled at him and kissed him softly again, then placed a small box on his lap.

Johnny: Johnny eyed the gift and glanced to her, eyebrow going up, "What's this?"

Hope: "It reminded me of you, so you had to have it."

Johnny: Picking up the package, he turned it over in his hands, held it up, and gave it a shake, brow furrowing as he tried to determine what it was. He had no idea what it was and began to unwrap it.

Hope: Hope laughed a little at his face. "You're cute when you're confused." She had a hard time containing her excitement. Inside that box was a fire extinguisher that was actually a cigarette lighter keychain.

Johnny: Johnny frowned slightly at the box and worked to get it open, blinking at the contents as he lifted the keychain out on a finger. He looked between it and Hope.

Hope: "Push down on the black part right there. See what happens!"

Johnny: He did as directed and raised an eyebrow at the flame the tiny extinguisher produced. "You got me a lighter when I basically am one?"

Hope: "Well it is cute and adorable... and you needed a keychain."

Johnny: Right. Maybe he would hold on to what he got. He wasn't sure he could go through with it anyway. Then, Johnny blinked, "A keychain for what?"

Hope: Barely able to contain her excitement, Hope reached into her pocked and handed him two keys. "For these."

Johnny: His eyebrows went up again, "What are these for?"

Hope: "Well, go look in the garage and find out!"

Johnny: The garage...? No... But what else would be in the garage? Johnny moved to get up, setting the empty box in his seat and offering her his hand.

Hope: Hope took it, hopping up. She kept a good grip on his hand and went to the garage with him. There was the promised surprise. A beautiful classic corvette with a red bow waiting for them.

Johnny: He froze in the doorway, eyes wide. Holy shit, she had gotten a car...

Hope: "I know I probably should have picked it out with you, but I wanted to surprise you..." She looked up at his face.

Johnny: "I... I am surprised," Johnny admitted, still staring at the car.

Hope: "Well good!" Hope pulled him gently over to the car so he could get a better look at it.

Johnny: Johnny considered the keys hanging loosely from his hand as he was pulled over to the car and hesitantly unlocked it, sliding into the driver's seat. Letting out a breath, he glanced around the interior.

Hope: Hope slid into her seat from the passenger door. She smiled and watched him take it all in. Did he like it? Should she have gotten a different one?

Johnny: "So, um..." Right. What did you say to people that bought you a car? As he considered it, Johnny worked to put the keychain on the set of keys, eventually glancing over to her as he put the key in the ignition, "...Starbucks run?"

Hope: "Yes!" Hope stole a kiss before she buckled up.

Johnny: Buckling up himself, Johnny started the engine, grinning slightly at the sound of it as he adjusted the rear-view mirror. Now, it was time to see how fast he could get to Starbucks.
TechPrincess
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by TechPrincess »

Hope had actually been happy to see Agents Phil and Stan waiting for her after Bobby had left. She had, after all, picked out gifts for them. They had a good trip, some of it at Tony’s expense, but good nonetheless.

Once at her grandparents’ house, Hope spent her first few hours catching up Nana and Papa up on everything that had happened since Thanksgiving.
As the conversation turned to Jess, Nana looked to Papa, then started a pot of tea as he escaped the room. “And you still haven’t been able to mend things?”

“No. I tried, but she just went on and on about what a horrible person I was. I event tried to help her out so she wouldn’t have to deal with those accusations from anyone anymore. She informed me that I was the only one who thought that, which isn’t true by the way. I’m just the only one brave enough to voice it.”

Nana smiled and slid a plate of gingerbread men to Hope to decorate. “And how do you feel about the whole ordeal?”

Hope took a cookie and the piping bag, starting in on her ‘Tony’ man. “Frustrated… angry… hurt… I was mad at her for leaving, and then by the time I found out she was taken, she was being awful and I was already invested.”

“Already invested? How do you mean?” Nana picked up her own cookie to decorate. She smiled warmly as Phil picked up one too.

“It’s hard to explain.”

“But it isn’t really dear. What were you invested in? Being angry with her?”

“I guess so…”

“I’ve always found that it’s easier to stay mad than it is to forgive, but it’s also easier to let go than it is to hang on to something dragging you down.”

“It’s not dragging me down.”

“Hope, sweetie… you don’t always have to win.”

“But-“

“You don’t. Your father had to learn that too, though he still won’t admit it. He thinks he wins everything. Do you like the way that comes across?”

“Well, no, but this is different!”

“How is it different?” Nana took a sip of her tea, watching her granddaughter. Her heart broke a bit for her. The poor girl needed her so badly!

“Because she knows just what buttons to push and she pushes them.”

“And how do you think trying to cut her out is going? Has it made things better or worse for you?”

“Well worse because-“

“Ah… stop there. Regardless of the reasons why, it sounds like you aren’t actually winning here.”

“It’s so frustrating. She has this victim routine down so well that it doesn’t matter that I apologized. It doesn’t matter that I gave her space and told her to come talk to me. She won’t. She doesn’t. She doesn’t want to be friends, and I’m wasting my time bothering!” Hope frowned as her cookie suffered a casualty.

Nana set her mug down gently. She moved around the table to Hope and took her into her arms. “You don’t have to shut people out when they hurt you. It’s ok to give them a second chance. We all make mistakes. And you could start by giving her a sincere apology.”

“But I’m right!”

“Sometimes, Hope, an apology isn’t about being right. It’s about putting the relationship first.” Nana kissed Hope’s temple. “You can be right, but you also have to be nice.”

“But that sucks.”

“But does it suck more than feeling isolated?”

Hope just glared at the wall a bit. She so wasn’t isolated and she so wasn’t apologizing.

“All I’m saying is that some things are more important than being right. Think about it.” Nana kissed Hope’s temple again, then went back to her seat to finish her cookie.

“What if I don’t want to be friends anymore?”

“Then you wouldn’t be having this conversation.” Nana just smiled at her granddaughter.

Hope stabbed her gingerbread man with his gumdrop button. She had a lot to think over, that was for sure.
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Hope: Hope took her seat near the Christmas tree, which she was sure was only up since she was there, and played with her hair a bit, nervously. Time with her mother's parents had been great, but time with Tony always felt just a bit awkward. At least he allowed booze. She took a sip, savoring the rum.

Tony: Leaning on the arm of his chair, head in one hand and glass in the other, Tony eyed the tree and lifted his arm to take a sip himself. He pulled his gaze from the lights and decorations to eye Hope, "I imagine we should get on with this gift giving business."

Hope: "Right..." She passed him a box that, while it seemed self centered, had caused a great deal of trouble to obtain. "I didn't know what to get the man who has everything... but you didn't get the chance to have these."

Tony: "Well, it's a bit hard to obtain everything," he remarked as he accepted the gift, passing her a manila folder with a bow that'd been haphazardly stuck on in return.

Hope: "You know what I mean..." She smirked at him a bit. She furrowed her brow a bit at the envelope, but worked to open it.

Tony: Tony set his drink aside and started peeling the gift-wrap off his own present, blinking at the picture frame that was beginning to peek through the paper.

Hope: Hope paused in what she was doing to explain. "There aren't many of them.. and I thought you should have them."

Tony: "Oh..." he nodded and pulled the rest of the paper off, considering the pictures in the frames.

Hope: Hope watched him a moment, then went back to the envelope. She was more confused when she pulled out a stack of papers.

Tony: Tony leaned to reach for his glass, putting the pictures in its place and taking a sip while he waited for her to read the papers. Or at least enough to get the gist of it.

Hope: Hope just stared at the papers, trying to process them. Asking would get a smart ass comment, but she didn't need to ask. She swallowed hard, looking up at him after a long pause.

Tony: "Also, I think I'm going to run for president," he added.

Hope: That part didn't process just yet. She hugged him.

Tony: Tony's eyes widened at the hug, and he wrapped an arm around her, if only to take a sip over her shoulder.

Hope: Adoption papers. Well, sort of. It was papers to change her name to Stark, which was just as good as adoption papers to Hope. She took a breath to keep from crying all over Tony and kissed his cheek. "Thank you."

Tony: "You're welcome." This was strange.

Hope: Hope recomposed herself and took her former seat when his words finally registered. "...you are running for what?!"

Tony: "President," he repeated, far more comfortable with this line of conversation, "However, I hope you're far more quiet about it than that."

Hope: And her life just got complicated again. "So does that change anything? Or things stay the way they are?"

Tony: Tony gave a shrug, "Dunno yet. I imagine much won't change soon."

Hope: "Fair enough. Unrelated, but should... I... register? As as um... mutant?"

Tony: "If you want...?"

Hope: "Aren't you supposed to endorse the laws your administration put in?"

Tony: He gave another shrug, "Probably."

Hope: "Anyway to get it overturned?" She asked, hopeful.

Tony: "I imagine it's always a possibility, but I can't imagine it'd be easy," Tony answered after a moment of consideration.

Hope: Hope smiled a bit. "I'd imagine not... but it didn't hurt to ask. I think the act is stupid."

Tony: "Because it is."

Hope: "I hope you get elected then."

Tony: "You should anyway."

Hope: "Because you're clearly awesome." Hope grinned at him.

Tony: "Exactly. I'm glad you're catching on."

Hope: "Well, I did get your genius."

Tony: Tony considered her over a sip of his drink, "Eh. Maybe a bit."

Hope: "You'll just have to teach me the rest."

Tony: "I'm not sure you're teachable, judging from what I've heard about your grades."

Hope: "I don't see the point in most of my classes..."

Tony: He shrugged, taking another drink, "Then, you're losing."

Hope: "Losing what?" Hope reached for her own drink, taking a sip.

Tony: "An education? A business? Life?" Tony suggested.

Hope: "Definitely don't lose at life... and what business?"

Tony: "Mine," he answered easily, adding, "Which clearly means you are losing at life by failing classes."

Hope: "You'd hand over your business... to me?"

Tony: "Pfft. I'm not inclined to at the moment, but I don't see any other heirs popping up," Tony rolled his eyes.

Hope: Hope made a face and a frustrated sigh. "Fine I'll go to class."

Tony: "Good. Now that the present thing and that is settled, I believe dinner is in order," Tony decided as he got up, plucking the bottle of scotch up as well on his way toward the dining room.

Hope: "Anymore bombs you want to drop on me?" Hope asked as she followed him.

Tony: He paused in the doorway, downing what was left in his glass. "Your boyfriend's an idiot, however I highly doubt that's a bomb as it's incredibly obvious to anyone that's not blind and deaf."

Hope: Hope laughed and gave Tony a bit of a shove. Some things, thankfully, didn't change.
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Hope: Hope set her things down in her new room as she arrived back on campus. She could unpack later. She was missing somebody very, very much. She cheated and borrowed some powers to help narrow down her search, then took off to find him.

Johnny: Johnny had pretty much taken over the sofa in the rec room and fallen into a video game coma because... Well, because he could. Plus, it was break. What else could he possibly have to do?

Hope: Hope smiled when she found him, taking over his lap. "Hey sexy."

Johnny: Leaning to the side to see the television screen, Johnny quickly mashed the pause button as a surprise Hope invaded his space. It wasn't that he was opposed to having Hope in his lap... It was more he was trying to kill alien scum, and he couldn't see through her. Glancing up at her, he stated, "You're back."

Hope: "I am." She took the remote from him and tossed it over her shoulder, going in to kiss him. Damnit she had missed him more than she wanted to admit.

Johnny: His eyes went wide as she took the controller, and he had a slight moment of panic before sinking into the kiss, slipping his arms around Hope and leaning back into the cushions of the couch.

Hope: Hope ran her fingers through his hair, then stroked his cheek gently when the kiss ended. "I missed yoooou."

Johnny: "I missed you too." Now that the kiss had ended, he was slightly concerned about his game again, but he decided not to mention it. "Why are you back so soon?"

Hope: "Tony went back to work and I already told you... I missed you." She kissed his cheek softly, then his forehead.

Johnny: "There's not anything for you to do when he's working?" Johnny asked, hastening to add, "Not that those aren't valid excuses."

Hope: "I can leave if you want..." She wrinkled her nose at him.

Johnny: He suggested instead, "Or you could answer my questions, stay, and play with me?"

Hope: "I always like playing with you," she assured him, kissing on his cheek. "And it's lonely in that place by myself... Besides, I need to kiss the hottest guy on the planet at New Year's. I guess you'll do." She smirked at him.

Johnny: Johnny smirked back, "You only guess I'll do?"

Hope: "Yeah, I guess you'll suffice..." She smiled and kissed him again. "You're lucky you're cute." She pressed her forehead against the temple of his head, breathing him in. Even lazy couch Johnny smelled amazing.

Johnny: "Very lucky," he agreed with a grin. "Almost as lucky as you, even."

Hope: "Well, I got you. I think that means I win."

Johnny: Johnny nodded, "Exactly."

Hope: "Best trophy boyfriend in the world." She teased him, kissing his cheek again.

Johnny: His eyebrow went up, "So now I'm only a trophy you get to show off?"

Hope: "Course not. You're also a good heater." She cuddled up closer.

Johnny: "Well, I suppose I'd hate to be a bad one," he said as he gave her a small squeeze.

Hope: Hope giggled at him a bit, then nestled into the crook of his neck. "I don't think you're bad at anything."

Johnny: "I don't think I'm bad at anything either." Well, except for discussing feelings. He was pretty shit at that, but everything else was fine.

Hope: Hope ran her fingers gently over his cheek, closing her eyes and exhaling. This was one of those times she was tempted to create a telepathic link between them. It was much easier than talking about how she felt.

Johnny: Johnny reached up to catch her hand, lacing his fingers with hers with a slight smile.

Hope: Hope smiled back at him, opening her eyes to look into his blue ones. "Johnny...." she started, not sure if she could finish the sentence.

Johnny: He looked up at her, "Hope."

Hope: "I love you," she whispered to him, resting her forehead against his again and squeezing his hand.

Johnny: Johnny gulped at that, hesitantly replying, "I, um... I love you too..."

Hope: Hope smiled and kissed him softly. "In that case." She handed him back the remote.

Johnny: Johnny took the controller and returned the smile, "Wanna join?"

Hope: "After you finish this level." Hope rested her head against his shoulder where she could watch him.
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Johnny: Johnny had found a secluded spot that was pretty much in the middle of nowhere, driven them out to it, and was currently attempting to carry the blanket and picnic basket up the hill through the snow. Giving up on dealing with the frozen ground, he melted it all and dried the area where he was planning on laying the blanket out, plopping down on it once he'd done so.

Hope: Hope helped him spread the blanket out more then lay down with her head next to his with her feet in the opposite direction. She already had to borrow his powers to keep warm, but she liked it that way. It made her feel close to him. "This was a great idea," she told him, looking over at him. "I can't remember the last time I got to do this."

Johnny: "I have them occasionally," Johnny replied with a grin, meeting her gaze. If her head wasn't so close to his shoulder, he would've shrugged as he added, "Plus, everyone is going to be huddled around the telly for all the New Years stuff."

Hope: "Yeah. It might be fun to go into New York one year to see it drop live." She reached her hand back to play with his hair.

Johnny: He looked back up to the sky, staring up at the stars. Luckily, it was a clear night. "Maybe next year."

Hope: Hope grinned at that, looking up at the sky too. "Look, a shooting star!" She pointed to it, though it moved so fast. "You really think we can go next year?"

Johnny: Johnny looked to where she was pointing, making a slight face. Missed it. "If you want to, I don't see why not," he answered.

Hope: She set her arm down so she could sit up and look at him. "You do so much for me, Johnny." She kissed him softly.

Johnny: Hope was obscuring his view of the sky, but he supposed he didn't have very many complaints about that. He shook his head, "I don't do that much."

Hope: She lay back down, a bit closer to him this time. "You're just being modest for once."

Johnny: "Just a little."

Hope: That earned him a laugh as she looked back up at the stars. "I got us those tickets to the hockey game like you suggested."

Johnny: Johnny let his head fall to the side to look over at her again, "Really? For a game before break ends?" Not that it really mattered, he supposed. They'd go regardless of classes in the morning anyway.

Hope: "No, but it is a Saturday... but there's a catch."

Johnny: "...A catch?"

Hope: "Tony wants to go too."

Johnny: He suspiciously eyed her, "Why?"

Hope: "Apparently he likes hockey too."

Johnny: "Are you sure he likes hockey, and he doesn't just want to get rid of me or something?"

Hope: "Well he can't get rid of you. I'm quite attached." She nuzzled his cheek with a smile.

Johnny: "Pfft, that doesn't mean he can't."

Hope: "That is exactly what that means."

Johnny: "Right," he replied, completely unconvinced.

Hope: "Why would you worry about that?" She leaned up again to stroke his hair.

Johnny: Johnny's eyebrow went up, "Why wouldn't I?"

Hope: "Johnny... I already lost you once... I'm not sure I can do that again."

Johnny: He actually shrugged this time, "Well, I'm pretty sure it won't happen again, so I wouldn't worry about it."

Hope: Hope smiled softly and lay back down with him, her head on his chest this time. "Do you know any constellations?"

Johnny: "Not really, no..." Johnny shook his head, "Well, besides the big dipper or whatever. Do you?"

Hope: "Yeah... here." She pointed out a couple of her favorites to him. "One of the families I was with spent a lot of time camping and stuff. I want to show you the Northern Lights sometime."

Johnny: "Oh, yeah?" Looking to where she was pointing, he studied the constellations, brow furrowing as he tried to make out all the shapes. "Any other families that did cool things?"

Hope: "One taught me how to skate and play hockey. There was another that taught me how to shoot. Bunch of gun crazies."

Johnny: Johnny shot her a bemused look, "Gun crazies are cool?"

Hope: "They were pretty cool. They are also the reason you should just surrender if you are ever on the opposing paint ball team. I play to win." Hope grinned up at him from her spot on his chest.

Johnny: "Well, hopefully, we're never on opposing teams. I mean... it's totally fair for people to have to go against Eddie, you, and me, right?" he returned the grin.

Hope: "We just play it up that I'm a girl. It works until they get to know me." She grinned even wider.

Johnny: "Exactly," Johnny nodded. "So... Next year we go see the ball drop. Anything else we should do since making resolutions is typically a thing?"

Hope: "I'd like to take you to Alaska... to see the Northern Lights. Nothing quite like them." She let her hand rest against him, playing with his hair.

Johnny: After a few moments of thinking, he spoke up again, "I will beat your high score... or Eddie's, at the very least."

Hope: "Eddie's is much more likely," she teased him, moving one of her hands over her stomach to play with it with her hand not in his hair. "But I suppose I can see about playing some games you can win."

Johnny: "Pfft. You say that, but then you'll just win anyway," Johnny rolled his eyes.

Hope: "Well... I got you... biggest win ever."

Johnny: "...This is true."

Hope: Hope laughed softly and closed her eyes for a moment. "Come on, Johnny... world is the limit. What have you always wanted to do?"

Johnny: Sighing, he shook his head, "I'm not really sure. For a long time, I just wanted to be out of my hometown, but I've managed that. I guess I should figure out what to do with my life now, seeing as next year is my last one in school."

Hope: "Whatever you want to do, I'm right here with you. If you need my help with it, you got it." She pulled his hand up to her lips, pressing a kiss to it. "My future was just set for me, so that's fun..."

Johnny: "At least that narrows your options."

Hope: "Yeah... but it means I can help you with your dream job more. Whatever that may be."

Johnny: "I'll try to figure that out by the end of the night."

Hope: Hope snickered at him, snuggling a bit. "You're adorable, you know that?"

Johnny: Johnny grinned smugly, "I know."

Hope: She laughed again and kissed him, closing her eyes contently. Nope, she wasn't going to let anyone break them up. Not this time.
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

Post by Svartfreja »

Hope: Hope twirled a bit in the kitchen as she got her eggs, bacon, and toast cooking. Oh today was a glorious day for Hope Stark. She giggled... "Stark..." She sighed contently and warmed a cup of water in her hands for tea.

Jessica: Jess ran a hand through her hair as she made her way up from the DR towards the kitchen, still in her dance clothes. Having money was great and having the DR was fantastic because she could program in any partner she wanted. She paused in the doorway to the kitchen, more than a little surprised at who she found there. "Oh."

Hope: "Hey Jess. Good holiday?" Hope asked, passing her the cup she had made for herself and getting another one down to make her own cup.

Jessica: "I... um.... yes?" She blinked at the cup of tea in her hands. At least she could be sure that if it was poisoned she'd survive. "You?"

Hope: "Oh you have nooooooooooooo idea." Hope heated the second cup then slipped the tea bag into it to brew. "I got adopted. Well... not really... but Tony gave me his last name. Not really an adoption... but you get it."

Jessica: "Oh... so you're officially his daughter now? That's nice..." she gave her a small smile and went to sit down.

Hope: "Yeah. It really surprised me. Not as much as the hug I gave him surprised him though." She laughed and sat her tea down across from Jess, going back to her cooking. "Hungry? While I'm cooking? Promise it's semi edible..." she poked the eggs a bit. "Well the toast is edible."

Jessica: "Um... a little bit... I can help make it more edible if you want?" She sipped her tea. "I've been in the Danger Room all morning..."

Hope: "Dude, it's all yours." Hope retreated to the toaster to butter the toast. "I can handle toast. How many pieces do you want? And what on them?"

Jessica: "Um... if there's marmalade? And butter... just two is fine..." she chewed her lip, getting up to see to the bacon and eggs. She added more eggs for herself because she didn't eat bacon. After a few moments she paused and turned around, "I'm sorry... have I stepped into some alternate universe where you're not angry with me?"

Hope: Hope sighed and set the marmalade on the counter. "I haven't been angry with you for a while. Frustrated... but come on. We were best friends. We're supposed to get over that shit and move on."

Jessica: "That's what I was trying to do... this whole time..." she frowned a little, turning back to the pan to flip the bacon, "What took you so long?"

Hope: "I don't get over shit easily." Hope gave her a grin. "Well, and it doesn't hurt that things with Tony are going well... and with Johnny. You will NEVER believe what he told me."

Jessica: "Try me..." she plated up the food and carried it to the table, turning off the stove.

Hope: Hope joined her at the table with their prepared toast, setting it down gently before taking her own seat. "He told me he loved me."

Jessica: Jess blinked at her, "Really? Wow... you didn't punch him, right? Because that doesn't go well..."

Hope: "Why would I punch him?" Hope laughed at her, taking a bite of toast.

Jessica: She gave a shrug, "I don't know - I punched Danny. It seemed like a perfectly reasonable reaction at the time..."

Hope: "Poor dude.. and no... I told him first. He just returned it this time." Hope laughed a little, taking a sip of her tea.

Jessica: "Oh so less of a surprise," she smiled, "That probably helps... also his timing probably didn't suck so hard.... which is surprising, given it's Johnny."

Hope: "I am the one with suck timing, at least the first time. So we finally got it right this time."

Jessica: "Well then... I'm happy for you..." she gave another smile. She spread the marmalade on one slice of toast, only buttering the other so she could have that with her eggs. "Seems like everything's picking up."

Hope: "Yeah? What's picked up for you?" Hope munched on a piece of bacon.

Jessica: "I bribed Dr McCoy with twinkies and got some patches for over Christmas so I built a snowman with Kevin... never done that before." She smiled, "And he had some patches too... so we took full advantage of that."

Hope: Hope gave Jess a mischevious smile. "Took full advantage huh? How was it?"

Jessica: "Worth the wait," she peered at Hope over the rim of her cup as she took another sip.

Hope: "Ha! Awesome." Hope sat back with her tea, still grinning. "Don't realy know Kevin all that well."

Jessica: "Well you should fix that. He's shy but really nice... much better for me than Danny ever was... he's always been better for me... I don't know why I was so scared." She shook her head, "Obviously I'm secretly a coward."

Hope: "I can't speak much on being a coward with relationships... but sure. I can talk to Kevin sometime. We're all supposed to be on the same team anyway. X-men and all that jazz. I still don't have a code name... I feel like I should."

Jessica: "They're going to let you do that? Stay on the team?" Having finished the eggs, she moved onto the toast with marmalade.

Hope: "Why wouldn't they?" Hope took another bite of her food as well.

Jessica: "Well he's all important government guy... and you're officially his baby now... kind of makes you a target, right?"

Hope: "Well not a lot of people know about me. I plan to keep it that way. But also why a code name might be useful."

Jessica: "Well with your name change.... good luck with that." She prodded her with her foot under the table. "Maybe you can ask for one... they could call you soulless ginger."

Hope: "There are a lot of those running around here." Hope prodded her back. "Would be confusing."

Jessica: "Yeah... and it's probably more fitting for Fabian anyway," she smirked a little. "And you couldn't get anything as nice as my codename."

Hope: Hope smirked back. "True. And any name that would go with my powers is lame. Who is going to be scared of a copy cat? Or a mimic? Now Messiah... that's a name I could get behind." She smirked even wider.

Jessica: Jess laughed, "Yeah but then your head would get so huge and we'd have to change it to lollipop or something..."

Hope: Hope laghed at her again. "I'd look good in anything."

Jessica: "That sounds like a challenge," Jess grinned.

Hope: "It is a fact, not a challenge." Hope finished her food, then gave Jess a smirk. "Fact."

Jessica: "Challenge accepted!" Jess finished the rest of her tea, "Danger roooooom!"

Hope: "You're on! After the dishes." Hope hurried to get those done. She had a contest to win.
:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Hope: Hope wasn't convinced about the shirt she was wearing to go skating in. "Johnny... am I going to get too hot in this? Should I change?" She held up a different shirt, looking between it and the one she was wearing. She could cheat with his powers regardless, but it'd be easier to just be comfortable.

Johnny: Johnny was starting to wonder how many times she was going to ask him the same question and change shirts because there were only so many times he could just nod. Rolling his eyes, he looked between her and the shirt, "Does it matter?"

Hope: "Mmm guess not." She hung the shirt back up before going back into the bathroom to fix her hair. "Almost done, I promise!"

Johnny: "You said that an hour ago," he reminded.

Hope: "Well somebody distracted me with his sexy body," Hope smirked at him.

Kat: Kat had abandoned her parents by their car. She wanted to meet this roommate by herself, even though she (and her father) had tried very hard to talk the powers to be into allowing her to have a room to herself. As she walked down the hallway, she peered around looking at her surroundings. Finally she came to her room. She took a deep breathe, and pushed open the door. Immediately, she began scowling.

Johnny: Looking up from where he was lounging on Hope's bed, Johnny blinked at the girl in the doorway, staring for a few moments. Then, he looked to the bathroom where Hope had disappeared. After another moment, he called, "Hope, you have unhappy company!"

Hope: Hope stepped back out of the bathroom, also blinking at the girl. "Oh hey! You must be Katherine. I'm Hope Stark." She finished putting the earring in her ear, then held out her hand to her roomie. "Welcome to Xavier's."

Kat: Kat gingerly took Hope's hand, holding it very gently like Hope had a disease or something. Giving Hope the once over, taking in her outfit, she replied, "Actually, it's Kat, Kat Pryde." Kat thought about Hope's last name. Stark. That sounded very familiar...

Hope: Hope tried to mask her look of amusement at the lame hand shake. "Ah sorry. Good to meet you, Kat." She shot Johnny a look. "This is my boyfriend, Johnny Storm."

Kat: Kat nodded acknowledgement of Johnny. She just stood in the doorway, staring and taking it all in. Her eyes landed on the empty side of the room. No window, bathroom door. This wasn't going to work. She smiled her sweet, fake, syrupy smile to Hope. "So can we switch sides of the room? I'd much rather be near the window. I just love fresh air." She was trying nice. If this didn't work, she'd try Daddy.

Johnny: Johnny gave a small wave and grin. "Yep, the fresh air is pretty nice." Glancing to Hope, he added, "It'd be even nicer on ice... with skates..."

Hope: "Yeah yeah I know, we're late." She rolled her eyes a bit. "I um... well... I kind of need the bed by the window." She hadn't needed to escape agents in awhile, but that could all change if Tony decided to be a dick again. That and sometimes Lizard went in through windows. Nobody wanted that if they wern't expecting it. She decided not to share that bit though.

Kat: "How about we flip for it? I need it too, the fresh air really helps me sleep at night." Kat kept her smile, although it was starting to become more of a grimace. She couldn't stand the idea of being near the bathroom door. Listening to the water flush. Hearing what other people did in there. She held back her gag reflex.

Hope: "Uhhhh we're headed out and I'm already unpacked. Maybe next semester you can get the window," she shrugged as an offer, picking up her purse. Johnny was already impatient and bored. She could deal with drama queen when she got back.

Kat: Kat nodded and said, "Well you guys have fun with whatever you are headed out to do. I'll see you when you get back..." Kat paused before adding, "roomie." she said it ever so sweetly with just a slight hint of discontentment. She had plans.

Hope: Hope gave her a mock salute, holding out her hand for Johnny. "Righty-o then, roomy."

Johnny: Johnny had been surprisingly quiet, listening to the exchange and moving to take Hope's hand when it was offered. Who really cared about whether they were by the window or not?

Kat: Kat moved out of the doorway and into her 'supposed' side of the room. As soon as Hope closed the door behind her, she pulled out her cellphone, dialed and number, and yelled, "DADDY!"

---Time Passes---

Kat: Kat peered out of the window to watch her mom and dad leave. She kicked back on her bed, next to the window. Her mom had worked really hard to make a mirror image of Hope's room on the other side. The side next to the window. While her mom had moved all of Hope's things, her dad had helped her put her side of the room together. It was just like she imagined it. She figured that Hope wouldn't be mad--she assumed the problem about switching was because Hope just didn't want to have to move her stuff. Problem solved.

Hope: Hope was still laughing about something Johnny had said as she opened the door to her room. Her laughing stopped immediately. What the hell?! Her stuff was moved! She had touched her stuff! She worked her jaw, feeling the anger building up. Oh hell no.

Johnny: Johnny about ran into Hope as she suddenly stopped in the doorway and leaned to peer over her shoulder to figure out what she was staring at. Something looked off, and it took him a moment to figure it out. When he finally did, he inwardly cringed. This was not going to go well...

Kat: "Oh hey roomie!" Kat chirped. "Doesn't the room look great?" She smiled a huge smile. A real smile, with teeth.

Hope: "No. No it fucking well does not. What the hell is wrong with you?! You don't go around touching other people's things!"

Johnny: He actually did cringe. Not well at all.

Kat: Kat sat up. She couldn't understand why Hope was so upset. "Well, I actually didn't touch your things. My mom did. And it's almost an exact mirror image. Except there is no window. But we didn't think you'd mind. I mean, all the hard work is behind. And maybe, next semester we can switch. After all, all my stuff is already on this side." She shrugged her shoulders, and picked up a copy of Cosmo that her mom had left behind.

Hope: "My stuff was already ON that side you dumbass. Move it back before I move it for you."

Kat: "Uh, actually I don't think so. I didn't technically move it. My mom did. And I'm already here, and unpacked. I mean, isn't that what you told me. You weren't going to move your stuff because you were already unpacked. So I had it moved for you. Problem solved."

Hope: "No." Hope tapped into Rachel's power and thew the window open with a wave of her hand. "Last chance princess. Move your fucking shit or I will."

Kat: Kat felt the window rush behind her. She jumped up to defensive mode. Snarling she said, "Don't touch my stuff, Bitch. You will regret it. That's a promise."

Hope: "You are already going to regret touching mine you little shit." Hope sent Kat's bedding out into the snow below.

Johnny: Jello. Jello was needed because bitches be crazy.

Kat: Kat screamed, sounding like a mountain lion in distress. She moved ever so slightly towards Hope. "Listen to me you whore. You don't want to mess with me. I'll kick your ass back into the city if I have to. LEAVE MY STUFF ALONE!"

Hope: Hope laughed at her. "You had your chance. You do not touch my fucking stuff. And if you touch me, I'm sure my dad won't have an issue throwing you in jail."

Kat: Kat was becoming more and more enraged. "Listen. To. Me. I don't give a flying fuck who your dad is. Daddy isn't here to help his spoiled brat to get her window back. It's all mine."

Hope: "Well you seemed to have no problem moving my stuff." Hope used Rachel's power to start rearranging the room. "So how do you like it, bitch?"

Johnny: Johnny opened his mouth to point something out, eyed the things moving about the room, and closed it. Nope.

Kat: Rage filled Kat. Screeching, she yelled, "YOU BITCH." and then she lunged. She hit Hope squarely and brought her down to the floor. She reached her arm up to punch her her...

Johnny: He took a few steps back to avoid the falling girls. Damn. They actually did need jello.

Hope: Hope went down with a shout, but reacted quickly, kicking at Kat and using Rachel's power to add a bit of force behind it.

Kat: Kat was hit by Hope's kick, but her training and the adrenaline kept her going. She lunged again, grabbed a hold of Hope and felt herself falling. This was not the time to start phasing!

Hope: Out of instinct, Hope switched powers to fall with Kat, screaming once they were through the floor and on the other side. The hell!?

Anna: Anna had seen the blankets fall past the window and assumed it was an accident of something she'd rather not imagine until she was drunk...er. And now she was fairly sure she was drunk enough. There were people coming through the ceiling! "What the fuck?!" She downed the rest of her drink to deal with the shock.

Kat: Kat hadn't counted on phasing through the floor, but she could deal with that. It was Hope falling with her. That had never happened before. "What the fuck are you doing. Why are you phrasing with me you slut? GET YOUR OWN ABILITY!"

Hope: "That is my ability! I have the right to defend myself from your crazy ass!" Hope pulled away from Kat, searching for her panic button. Phil and Stan had a damn job to do! She slowly glanced up at Anna. Oh... boy. She should know this person.

Johnny: And they'd just... disappeared... through the floor. Pushing a hand through his hair, he gave a shrug and started down the hall. Hope would end up in front of the xbox at some point.

Anna: Anna looked between the two girls and tried to look like she was in charge. Which was hard at 5'4" and fairly inebriated. "Either one of you want to fill me in?"

Kat: "I'm not the crazy one, you're the crazy bitch." Kat had begun to say this out loud, and then she noticed the woman lurking over them. Who was this person trying to assert her authority over them?

Hope: "She moved all of my stuff without my permission while I was gone. Then she attacked me when I moved it back while she was there. I asked her to move it back and she refused. So... I did it for her."

Anna: "Is that why there's a duvet on the lawn?" She gathered that up with her teke and dragged it back in through the nearest window. "Not that I think throwing stuff out of the window is the best way to solve a problem."

Hope: "Yeah I threw her bedding off my bed. That was the only thing though. The rest I was just moving the furniture and stuff back where it was."

Kat: Glaring at Hope, Kat said, "She didn't let us talk about who gets what side. She brushed off my concerns about the room arrangement and then ran out of the room with some guy. Besides... I didn't technically move her stuff."

Hope: "Oh I'm so sorry. Her PARENTS moved my stuff. Sooo much better. And I told you I had to go. You could have waited until I got back instead of ordering your parents to do your bidding. And he's not some guy... he's my boyfriend and I introduced you to him."

Anna: Anna blinked as she tried to take in all the information. She really should have drunk less. What she managed to glean was that everyone was being stupid. "Okay okay... shouting won't fix this faster and will give Anna a headache so just everyone calm down and tell me what the situation was when it started. Start at the beginning... quietly."

Kat: "Well yes, because everybody has time to wait for you to get back from a date. Can't be inconvenienced by your need to go practice procreation or whatever ya'll had planned. My parents had a flight. And sure, let's rob my mom of her only opportunity to help her daughter set up her college dorm room. Let' me just hit the pause button, so YOU can live your life. I'll be you beck and call girl."

Hope: "Look cupcake. My dad missed out on every fucking milestone of my life until now. So don't you talk to me about parents missing out on things. You can get over it. You don't touch someone else's things. It's called common courtesy."

Anna: Anna rolled her eyes, stuck two fingers in her mouth and whistled. Loudly. "Hey! I said quietly!"

Kat: Kat stared at Anna. She wanted quiet. Fine. She could be quiet. "Listen sweetie. It's not my fault that your daddy was a deadbeat and didn't want to be part of your life. I completely get his point of view to be honest. And as much as you think I can get over it, you don't rob parents who care the opportunity to be apart of their child's life."

Kat: "My parent's wanted me. They chose to be part of my life. And if you didn't want your stuffed touched so badly, you should've told boyfriend that you'd see him later. Cause talk about common courtesy--you abandoned your brand new roommate. That's so sweet."

Hope: "It's ok to be jealous. I would be of me too."

Kat: "I'm not JEALOUS!" Kat began to scream again and was seriously contemplating lunging at Hope. Again.

Anna: Anna boosted herself up with her teke so that she was at least taller than them, even if she was cheating and hovering. "Enough! Jesus! What is wrong with you two?! Calm down or I'm sending you both to Xavier and telling him to make you think you're chimpanzees for the rest of the day because you sure as hell are acting like it!"

Hope: "Sorry." Hope told Anna.

Kat: Kat lowed her eyes and mumbled "Sorry."

Anna: "That's better." She folded her arms, "So now. Start at the beginning. Hope. Your stuff. What happened?" Damn but wasn't telepathy useful? She was getting better at staying mostly corporeal so people couldn't tell too... it was nice not ending up surprise-naked.

Hope: "She came in as I was leaving for a date. She asked if we could switch sides, I told her I kind of needed the one where I was, plus I was already moved in. Then I left. When I came back, she had, I'm sorry, her parents had moved all of my stuff. It's a huge invasion of my privacy. So I got pissed and told her to move it all back or I'd move it for her. She threw a fit, I threw her bedding out of the window and went about moving the furniture back around."

Hope: "Then she got pissed and lunged at me, knocked me down, so I kicked her off of me, and then we went through the floor."

Kat: "I came into the room, she's coming out of the bathroom, there is a man in my room, she won't even discuss switching sides and just up and leaves. I move my things in, she comes back, we fall through the floor. And here we are."

Anna: Anna ran a hand through her hair. Nope. She was right the first time. She needed more drink. She poured another glass with her teke and pulled it towards her. "Okay so... basically you wanted someone who was already moved in to move all of their stuff for why....?" she raised an eyebrow at the new kid while she sipped (or maybe gulped) her drink.

Kat: "Well, all I got was an 'I need the window' and abandonment. How fair is it to just pick a side without consulting her roommate. Couldn't consult the roommate, who might possibly have a health concern. How about taking other people into consideration for once. She just had to pee all over the territory. Honestly, why couldn't she had said, 'Hey boyfriend, let me stay and get to know and talk to the person that I have to live with for (at least) the next 4 months.' Trust me. It'll be that long. My dad already tried to get me a new room."

Anna: Oy. This one was whiney. "Okay. First of all: She can't consult her roommate if her roommate isn't there. Second of all: I'm a big fan of the first past the post rule. She was there first and her stuff was moved in already so... she should get to keep that side. If you don't like it that's too bad but you're in big people school now so you should know how to play nice with the other kids already."

Anna: "Third... it sounds like she might have already had plans with said boyfriend that it's not fair to expect her to drop all of a sudden when, as you said, you have a whole four months of future time to get to know each other." She eyed Kat, "Why do you want the window so bad? Is there a health concern?"

Kat: Kat shuddered with the thought of having to sleep against the wall that was shared with the bathroom. "I can't handle the germs. Listening to people pee. Knowing what they are doing in there." She started to gag. She was going to have to get some fresh air soon.

Kat: "Besides, I could get sick from being so close to the bathroom."

Hope: "Seriously?" Hope gave her a look.

Anna: "I can promise you that germs won't travel through the wall," Anna told her, "And actually, in college, being by the bathroom is the best place. You get the shower first in the morning and when you have too much to drink there's a shorter run to the loo." she nodded sagely. "It's just four months out of your life, maybe next semester you can have the bed by the window?"

Kat: "But I'll still know. And it's not like its just the bathroom for Hope and I. There are other people. Gross. I'll only concede... this time... if its a guarantee that we can switch at semester break."

Anna: "You'll have a whole new roommate after summer. That's how it works. There are no guarantees in this life. The sooner you learn that the better. Hope's having the window back because she was there first, that's fair. And you are going to learn how to play nice with the other children otherwise you'll be in detention before you have your first class." She finished off her glass.

Hope: "I'll wash her bedding for her." Hope offered.

Kat: "Don't bother. I'll just go buy something new. Didn't like that all that much anyways. And I need an excuse to go shopping."

Hope: "Oh oh oh shopping!? Let's go! I just need to grab the credit card."

Kat: Kat just hopelessly shrugged her shoulder. Why not go shopping with Hope? After all, she needed someone to show here where the good shops were. And maybe, just maybe, she could guilt Hope into putting some super nice bedding on her credit card. That'd be worth it. "Um, okay, uh I guess we could go... together."

Hope: "Tony can pay. He's good for that. I'll be back." Hope headed back up to get her things.

Anna: "Excellent! No one has to be a chimpanzee for the day!" Anna cheered, lowering herself back to the floor and going to reclaim her bottle, "Now run along and terrorise the shopping malls," she shooed them both, "I have a classroom to decorate."

Kat: Kat sighed and lifted her self off the floor. She nodded to Anna and headed up to her room. She had to gather her bag, and change her shirt. And maybe her shoes. After all, a girl had to look presentable.
TechPrincess
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by TechPrincess »

<Mayday> "Who's my favourite little spider-man, hm?", Mayday giggled, lying on her back as her tiny tarantula Cinnamon plodded his way about her stomach and up her chest in an excited shuffle, "Mommy missed you, little baby!", she grinned, lifting him up into her hands as she sat up, setting him down on her knee.

<Mayday> Cinnamon paused on her leg a moment, seemingly too excited to pick a direction immediately before deciding to climb off Mayday and onto the sofa. He crawled up onto the sofa, looking off into the distance

<Mayday> Mayday followed his gaze, "What's wrong, honey-bun?", she asked her tiny companion.

<Hope> Having fixed herself a cup of coffee, Hope stepped into the rec room to enjoy it. She was stopped in her tracks by a giant spider on the edge of the sofa. Spider. Spider... there was a spider. Her eyes went huge. SPIDER.

<Mayday> "Oh, it's Hope!", Mayday shuffled around, "Hey!", she looked at Cinnamon, "Aww, do you have a little crush?"

<Mayday> Cinnamon seemed to note Hope's distaste, shrinking back down in seeming fear.

<Hope> "...Spider." Hope managed to get out. "That is a huge... spider."

<Mayday> Mayday's eyes darted between Hope and Cinnamon, "O-oh! A-are you scared of him?" , she frowned.

<Hope> "N-n-no..." Yes. "Course not." Definitely yes.

<Mayday> ".....ooookay?", Mayday shrugged, petting Cinnamon with a finger. The spider shuffled around, crawling into her hand.

<Hope> Hope edged along to a spot where she could sit and watch that spider. Were was Johnny? Or Bobby? They needed to protect her from this! "So... a pet spider huh?" She tried.

<Mayday> With a smile at her pet, Mayday nodded, "Yeah, his name is Cinnamon. He's my little baby.", she giggled as Cinnamon drooled a little onto her finger, "Eww! You're gross!", she teased.

<Hope> "You are sooo much braver than I am." Hope laughed a bit, tucking her feet up into the chair. She would be safe from 'Cinnamon' there. She took a sip of her coffee. "How was your break?"

<Mayday> "Good, actually. It started awkward, but I'm ok now.", Mayday smiled, giggling at Cinnamon's over the top crawling around on her, "You have a good one?"

<Hope> Hope nodded, taking another sip. "Pretty much best ever actualy. Glad yours turned out good." Her eyes never left that spider. Spider should stay over there.

<Mayday> Mayday looked up at Hope, "A-are you sure you're ok? You're just staring at him....", she looked down at Cinnamon, who stared at Hope with his own beady black eyes.

<Hope> "I like him where I can see him," Hope admitted.

<Mayday> "S-shall I put him back in his tank?", she looked over at the open tank on the coffee table, "I think he'll be ok with it; he likes you I think."

<Hope> That intrigued Hope. "Really? He likes me?"

<Mayday> "Yeah, sure he does! Look at him!", Mayday lifted Cinnamon up, who rubbed his tiny mandibles together as if feeling coy, "I think he has a soft spot for you!"

<Hope> "Well I feel bad... but I don't think I care for him too much. He's fine over there. With you. Not on me." Hope tried to smile at her.

<Mayday> Mayday nodded, sitting up and letting Cinnamon slide back into his tank, "Back you go, Cinnamon-bun.", she chimed, closing his tank and sitting back down, looking at Hope again, "So er....w-we never talk, huh?"

<Hope> "Yeah... figured that had to do with the whole ruining your girlfriend's life thing."

<Mayday> "Y-you did what?"

<Hope> "Well, the psychopathic voice in my head at the time, but yeah." Hope sighed. "Don't really know how to fix that either."

<Mayday> Mayday blinked, "W-wait, what did you do?", she shuffled on the spot, confused at what she was hearing.

<Hope> Hope gave her a bit of an odd look. "After she tied me to an air mattress in the middle of the river I outed her to her parents."

<Mayday> It took Mayday a second to connect the dots in her mind, "Y-you're the reason she....s-she was so upset...?"

<Hope> "Well she did try to drown me, but yes."

<Mayday> "You outted her to her parents, y-you're the reason why she can't say she loves me?", Mayday sat up, "Drown you? Seriously? My Susan!?"

<Hope> "Yes. Your sweet innocent Susan. Tied me to an air mattress in the middle of the river. I was all over the local news there. I can pull up the youtube video if you want."

<Mayday> Mayday shook her head, "I-It was just a...a-a prank, she'd never try and hurt anyone!", her eyes had a glint of anger, "You....y-you're the reason she can't even say she loves me!"

<Hope> "Honestly I bet that's a Storm thing. Johnny was the same way. And yeah it was a bad situation all around. That's why I said I wanted to try and make up and move on... kind of a hard thing to do. Nothing I can do to fix it..."

<Mayday> "You shouldn't have done it anyway!", the redhead argued, "Do you have any clue the damage your decisions can make!?"

<Hope> "So it's ok for the trauma she caused me? Put me in the hospital? No it wasn't ok what I said but dude, I could have died. And it wasn't the first time she attacked me, so sorry if I didn't get the joke."

<Mayday> Mayday took a deep breath, considering her own actions - somehow lynching Hope didn't seem exactly 'fair; given the circumstances, "Ok, ok.....fine. I guess I don't know the full story...", she affirmed, frowning a little, "I-It's just....Sue wouldn't do that, would she?"

<Hope> "It was a long, complicated ordeal that involved my being kidnapped and brainwashed. So let's skip to the part that matters. How do you think I could ever make it up to her?"

<Mayday> "Wait, you....you're sorry?", Mayday blinked again, "I-I just....you came across like you were bitter I....", she shook her head again, "Sorry, i-it's just....forget it. You want to know how to make it ok aga-..." she stopped dead.

<Mayday> "OOOOH.", Mayday slapped her forehead with her palm, "She blames you for hurting Johnny!?"

<Hope> "Yeah... which again, goes back to psycho kidnapping and brainwashing. Not really important now... sorry for harping on it. I really do just want to fix things."

<Mayday> For a moment, Mayday just looked at Hope, sizing up what she'd heard, "....I'm er....I'm really sorry for assuming...", she smiled awkwardly, "I-if you want help making amends, I'll help, ok?"

<Hope> Hope smiled at her. "I'd really appreciate it. Johnny is clueless about stuff."

<Mayday> "Lucky for you, I'm not...", Mayday smiled back, sitting up, "I'm sure I can make Sue understand. Then we can get back to being friends again hm?", she stretched, letting out a little sigh, "That mean we're friends, Hope?"

<Hope> "Well I'd like that. You seem pretty cool."

<Mayday> Mayday blushed a little, "Y-you think I'm cool??"

<Hope> "Anyone who can handle a spider like that? You are my hero should I ever come in contact with one."

<Mayday> With a giggle, Mayday nodded, "Well...t-thanks!", she grinned, scratching her head shyly/.

<Hope> "And you seem to listen pretty well, so kudos there. So yeah. You seem pretty cool to me so far."

<Mayday> "W-well, I hope I can keep you thinking so!", Mayday laughed, "Join me for an Iced Coffee? We can talk about the Sue situation, hopefully resolve it?"

<Hope> "Sounds like a plan to me. Does it come with snacks? I'm hungry now."

<Mayday> Mayday jumped to her feet, "Sure thing! Let's go!", she waved to Cinnamon, "Be right back, baby.", she blew him a little kiss before hopping over the sofa and skipping off to the kitchen.

<Hope> Wow so much energy! Hope grinned and got up to follow. At least there wasn't a spider in the kitchen.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Pym: While Hank hadn't been given a room quite yet, he didn't sleep much anyways. He was too excited. In the morning he shrunk down and went on some adventures in the house again, trying to steer clear of any spiders. Eventually he wandered down the halls of the dorms. He made a note to remember which side was boys and which end of the hall was girls. "Don't want any misunderstandings."

Hope: Hope closed the door to her dorm room and headed down the hallway toward the kitchen. Food was always a good plan!

Pym: The thunderous rumble he felt meant only one thing. "Oh shit!" Someone was stomping towards him. "Wait, wait, wait, -" squeezing his eyes shut he grew back to his original size. The sensation similar to a roller coaster, but one you feel in your bones.

Pym: "-wait!" he shouted.

Hope: Hope jumped back as a person appeared in front of her, letting out a shout as she nearly crashed into him. "The hell!?"

Pym: "Sorry! Sorry! I'm Hank Pym, I didn't mean to startle you! You were coming at me rather fast, I wouldn't have been able to run away in time I don't think. Probably could've stopped you from crushing me, but that would've been more terrifying."

Pym: "For you, rather." He smiled genuinely and waited for the
awkward to end.

Hope: She blinked at him, regaining her balance once more. "How would that be more terrifying for me?" She checked herself over a bit. "I'm Hope by the way. Hope Stark."

Pym: "Stark, eh?" He shook her hand. "Do I need to ask if there's any relation, or do you get that all the time and it's getting old now?"

Hope: Hope just smirked. "Only one person could be awesome enough to be that kid. Just don't go telling the tabloids. Only people here are allowed to know. It's usually pretty obvious with the SHIELD agents following me."

Pym: "Wow!" Hank was stunned. "For real!? That's... that's unprecedented. Wow. I hear he's making a bid for President soon. I know he has my vote, if he keeps playing the mutant -rights card so wonderfully."

Pym: "Wait so if you go to school here, you have a mutant ability -- meaning you had a latent gene that was passed from your father... Oh my GOODNESS Tony Stark, Vice President of the U.S. is a mutant!"

Pym: "Was Howard Stark? Do you know how far the line goes!? Do any of them have telepathic abilities?"

Hope: "Tony isn't a mutant, unless snark is his ability. He was just awesome enough to spawn the most awesome mutant ever." Hope grinned at Hank.

Pym: "Wait, Tony? So he's like... your Uncle?" Less of a chance of gene trait passing. Unlikely more than one sibling would have a latent mutant gene and passed it. "I'm confused, who is your father?"

Hope: "Tony Stark. It's... a bit of a long story." She ran her fingers through her hair. "I can tell you over some tea if you want? Or coffee?"

Pym: "Oh yeah, sure! You can tell me about him, I'd love to know more about him!" The Vice Presidents daughter wants to have tea with me and tell me about her mutant abilities and lineage! He got carried away and excited. He may have squeed.

Pym: As they walked down to the kitchen, Hank pondered aloud. "Hope, let me ask you one question though -... and I hate to pry. What are you doing here? I mean, he has never recognized you as a daughter publicly, from anything I've read. Is he ashamed you're a mutant? That dosn't match his platform. Why can't his connections get you into a school somewhere else?"

Pym: "You don't seem to have any visual mutations that would cause any backlash or problems, you seem adjusted from our mere four minute conversation, no reason you can't fit in to a super expensive college. What the heck is your ability? That's the only reason I can imagine you go to XU."

Hope: "Woah woah, slow down. All of that is about to be explained." She tapped into Rachel's power to start the coffee pot and levitate a mug to her. She heated it with Johnny's power, then used Rachel's to levitate the tea bags to the counter for him. "There you go. So let's see. He and my Mom were like, high school sweethearts. But he didn't want to get married. So she broke up with him in

Hope: college. Then she found out that she was pregnant. She didn't want to ruin his career, so she went on a long road trip to hide... hoping to pass me off as someone else's kid."

Hope: "Problem was, she gave a fake name at the hospital. There were complications... and she died right before I was born. So I automatically went into the foster system."

Pym: "Whoa! You got Teke!" he said as the mug and coffee pot were levitated. He sat down promptly and listened to her story. "That's terrible! How did none of his political rivals ever dig this up?"

Hope: "Fast forward... I'm a mutant... and I have the ability to use other powers around me. I used those to find out who my dad was just recently actually. He, as you guessed, had no idea. So we're still keeping this quiet. I just got my name changed for Christmas. Nobody dug it up because nobody knew. It's probably just a matter of time now though..."

Pym: "Whoa- hold on..." He backed up from her. "Hope, you need to not tap into mine, please."

Hope: "Why?" Hope levitated her mug of coffee over to her.

Pym: "It's not safe. You could get really hurt. It took me awhile to figure out how to grow back to my regular size, there's a lot of scary stuff down there. It's a completely different world. And I don't know if you'd be able to communicate with the insects properly. I doubt XU wants the
same incident as the New Haven mall..."

Pym: "Still am feeling guilty about that."

Hope: "It should revert me back to normal if I drop the power. Every other time I drop a power that happens."

Pym: "That won't make the bees and ants less interested in whatever you call them to. Just... be careful with mine, please." He urged. "But yeah, I'd be concerned someone is going to dig your information up."

Hope: "Yeah sure. I train with powers in the Danger Room before I use them in the field."

Pym: "The... the Danger Room?" That sounded exciting.

Hope: "Yeah... some of the nerds around here say it's like the holodeck in some Star Wars show... it's pretty much a room that can be anywhere you want it to be inside. People use it to train or for fun."

Pym: Pym scratched his head. "I think you mean Star Trek, but I'm not a fan of either really. But that sounds...absolutely amazing!"

Hope: "Well, I can take you up there after my coffee. Show you how to use it." She took another sip of her coffee with a smile.

Pym: "That sounds absolutely amazing! I cannot wait!"

Pym: "Why is this school so awesome?" He demanded. "This is absolutely great!"

Hope: She eyed him a bit, then downed the rest of her coffee. "Well let's go then. And you wanted to know why I wasn't at some lame ass expensive school." She scoffed at him, putting her mug int he sink.

Pym: "... Hope, messing with these powers could be surprisingly startling." He warned.

Pym: "But I'm willing to shrink down with you and show you some stuff."

Hope: "Yeah sure! I'm always up for power training. I can't get used to using them if I don't try."

Pym: "Let's try the Danger Room." They headed down and Pym remained slack-jawed in awe the entire time.

Hope: "Here we are. You can pretty much just say what you want it to do." She told him, pausing outside the DR door.

Pym: "Wait-wait-wait... you talk to it? It's a holographic A.I. program?!" Hank nearly shat himself.

Hope: "Yeah... her name is Danger."

Pym: "Wait- wait... the program is a she?" He hoped he wasn't standing straight below the waist. "That's... that's hot. I'm immediately interested."

Hope: "Yeah... are you... ew!" She made a face at him. He was getting turned on by Danger!

Pym: "What! It's science and sex in the same person! That's amazing! So anyways, let's go in!"

Hope: "Sure you don't need a moment alone?" Hope teased him with a smirk.

Pym: "I uh... well..." he blushed and thought about it for a moment. "No, I'm fine. Let's go in!"

Hope: Hope smirked and led him on into the danger room. "So... anywhere you always wanted to go?"

Pym: "Uh... The bottom of the Pacific Ocean?" he offered.

Hope: "Well unless you have a submarine... or scuba gear... probably better not."

Pym: "It's not real though, I thought?" He asked with a puzzled face.

Hope: "Well... it simulates reality."

Pym: Hank thought he heard stimulates and when he realized he had misheard, his smiles twitched in the corners of his mouth. "Wait so... it feels real?" He looked around the metal interiors. "Look, I'd suggest shrinking down in here by yourself in this tin can by yourself before any programs are used."

Pym: "But being you're with me and... I'm sort of a professional, we should totally go outside and try this."

Hope: Hope shifted her weight a bit. "Ok. But if anything happens, you have to explain to Johnny."

Pym: As they walked outside, he inquired as to who Johnny was.

Hope: "Jonny Storm... he's my boyfriend. He'll make sure Tony knows if I get squished or something."

Pym: The color drained from Hank's face. "I'm uh... okay."

Pym: As they got outside, Hank spotted the green house. "That's a safer bet. It's warmer. The cold is really harsh at a small size and if it starts to snow or the ground is too frozen? It's like a lake of ice. Trust me, green house is the way to go!"

Pym: He jogged over, excited to explore a new green house.

Hope: Hope shrugged and followed him, not jogging but instead at her own pace. "You sure it's a safe place?"

Pym: "No. But that's half the fun! Finding out the flora and fauna and insects of the area is part of the great ability I have!"

Hope: "Well I guess that could be fun... sure." She caught up to him at the green house.

Pym: "Let's do this!" He held her hand and closing his eyes, shrunk her and her clothes down with him. "I am shrinking you rather than letting you shrink yourself because I can guarantee you will make the mistake I did and shrink your body and not your clothing. And I don't want the Vice PResident's security coming to hit me for that."

Hope: Tiny Hope laughed at him, taking in her new size. Considering the punch Fabian had gotten for being with her naked... yeah probably safer. "Woah... I feel like Thumbelina!" Hope pulled away from him to walk around a bit.

Pym: "Just don't trip on dirt clumps. Or pebbles. They're really big and sorta stick out of the ground precariously." He looked about and saw a lady bug on a leaf. "Oh, wow! Coccinellidae!"

Hope: "Coccinewhata?" Hope tried to look where he was looking. "Oh. Lady bug. Woah... it's massive! We could ride that thing!"

Pym: "No!" He pulled on her arm and pulled her back. "A beetle's shell is incredibly thick and their wings are very fast and dangerous. Think of it like a helicopter. But that shell of theirs? Poking at it with your hands is a lot like poking at a car. You can't even penetrate that at this size. Well... I can, because part of my abilitiy is I retain the strength of my former size when I shrink."

Pym: He put his hand under her shoe and lifted her, effortlessly. "Like a feather. Because at this height, you are basically a feather."

Pym: "It's physics." He said pleasantly.

Hope: "Ohhh this is crazy!" Hope did not like this. "Ok put me down, put me down!"

Pym: "Alright, alright!" He did so, and pointed to the flowers in the pots above them. "See the bumblebees? They're really nice actually. Just don't piss them off. Bombus don't like being pissed off."

Hope: "So... how do I avoid pissing them off then? I really don't want the bees pissed at me."

Pym: "Don't hit them." He said rather flatly. "And if you see a spider, leave. Okay? Just... leave. Don't fight it, don't try to talk to it or pet it, you can't win, they don't like you -- they will eat you. You can't beat them."

Pym: "Period."

Hope: "Well the feeling is mutual there... and I wouldn't hit a bee... I don't want them attacking me."

Pym: "Good. Yeah, very smart." He took her hand and led her through the amazing micro world, showing her soil and other such things. "Believe it or not, at this level, almost everything tastes good. And everything is alive. See all the mites?" He pointed under their feet. Some were larvae from other bugs, other were just fully grown to be that big. "Simple organisms. I'm afraid to shrink down to single-cell, but I know I could if I wanted. I think I would undo myself though." He pointed to the soil and pulled up a chunk. "Take a bite."

Hope: "Ummm... I don't think I'll take a bite, thanks..." She carefully took her hand back, not wanting to be awkward about it. "This is all really cool though. What was it like to shrink the first time?"

Pym: He shrugged. "It's not even really soil at this point, it's just straight nutrients. And it tastes sweet." He took a bite and smiled. "Kinda like cocoa." He threw it on the ground and shrugged. "It was terrifying, needless to say. But once I figured out what happened I relaxed. The hard part was growing back."

Pym: "I spent months trying to replicate what had happened after I had figured out how to grow back, wanting to shrink back down. I had convinced myself I must have like... hallucinated. Then, one day,... well something happened."

Pym: "And I freaked out and shrunk super small again. I was stressed, wanted to be out of sight of people. I sort of did, for like two days and stayed microsized for far longer than I had intended. I realized if I wasn't focused I couldn't grow back. But stress induced shrinking. Weird, huh?"

Hope: "Huh..." Hope thought that over. It sounded like it would be really easy to get suck with his power, but not if she could just drop it. Piece of cake. "Well glad you figured it out. How did you find out you could shrink other people too?"

Pym: "That was also an accident. Involving my brother. He was driving me crazy, because I turned 18 and that meant I could legally find out who are donor father was. We know we have one, he wanted to know, I want to wait for him to be 18."

Pym: "I also ... don't really want to know. I'm afraid it'll change everything." He walked over to a potted plant and whistled for a couple bumble bees. They flew over, picked them both up with their mandibles, gently and by the collar of their shirts, and dropped them into the pot.

Hope: "Donor? Like....." She put the pieces into place. "Oh. So he wants to know and you don't... can't he find out on his own and just not tell you?"

Pym: "No he has to be 18. He's 16. So anyways, he freaked out, I got upset, I accidentally shrunk us both down. He thought that was great but... that's when we found out spiders aren't so great. And when we found out I am a lot stronger at this size than I normally would be."

Pym: He knocked on the stalk of the sunflower that grew out of the pot. "Pretty amazing, right?" He stripped a piece. "I promise, this you want to eat. It's literally going to be like eating straight up sugar."

Hope: "Well I meant when he was 18..." Hope eyed the plant stalk, considering it. "I suppose it would be ok... you sure it is safe? Tastes ok?"

Pym: "It's absolutely safe. And at this size, everything is edible and that's key. This stuff, it'll give you energy for hours. Nectar especially. But don't take any while bees are harvesting, you don't want to bump into them and get in their way."

Hope: "Yeah apparently they just like to be left alone. I can respect that." Hope inspected the sunflower he had approached. Was she just supposed to bite it?

Pym: He stripped a piece off for her. "Here you go."

Hope: "Aww thanks." Hope smiled and took a piece, chewing on it. Wow, he was right. "Ok you win. This is awesome."

Pym: "I know. It only gets better too. Wait'll you see th-" He froze. His arm reached out to Hope, pulled her in to him, and he wrapped his arm around her, stepping back and pulling them both behind the stalk of the sunflower. "Don't... move." he whispered. "Don't make any noise."

Hope: Hope held onto him, confusion and a bit of fear obvious on her face. She wanted to protest, but she just kept still and quiet, trying to look around for the source of the threat without moving too much.

Pym: An enormous shadow blocked out almost all light and a loud swooping could be heard overhead. Suddenly a sound, like metal screeching against metal, wretched from the sky above them. "Grosbeak." he warned.

Pym: "They're cute, fluffy little things when we're big... right now it's like a fucking pterodactyl."

Hope: Hope held her ears at the sharp sound. "Yeah... I don't care for being eaten by a giant bird."

Pym: "I can't make us big again."

Hope: "...What?!"

Pym: "I'm too stressed..." he admitted. "I can't get big. Look, I'll make a run for it. I'll draw them away. At least at this size I know how to defend myself, I'm stronger. I can also make a leaf-blade from some grass or something. You're defenseless, you have a better shot."

Pym: He took her chin and looked her in the eyes. "Don't go into any holes. Ever. Under any circumstance. Make your own hide-outs. Get big when you've calmed down. Do not leave the green house under any circumstance. When you get big, I'll see you, you'll be hard to miss. I'll return to size, everything'll be fine."

Pym: "You being safe will probably calm me down considerably. I'm really sorry about this." He winked at her. "Good luck!" He tore off, running out of the pot and whistling, a small flying ant appearing from nowhere and catching him, zipping away.

Pym: A giant whoosh erupted and a gust of wind blew Hope backwards as the bird made a dive for Pym, barreling after the ant he rode.

Hope: Hope was not as strong as Hank, given that he had shrunk her, not herself. "...Oh son of a bitch." Hope was going to kill him. Professional her ass! She took off to find a hiding spot. Surely he'd figure out out... or she'd die. Great. She'd die as Thumbelina!

Pym: He tried to get away and soon he was nearly at the ceiling when suddenly, a second bird zipped from nowhere, clipping the ant in the wing. Hank and his ant went spiraling down. He tried not to scream, but he couldn't help it. Then he remembered... he couldn't die from this fall. He let go, and decided to enjoy the floaty-free-fall for a moment. Then he saw bird one coming back. "Oh-crap!"

Hope: Hope found a place under a flower. It seemed relatively safe... for the moment. She sat with her back to the stem, and sighed. Now how long before he figured out she couldn't change back?

Pym: Even though falling would not have killed him, the impact of the bird slamming him against the glass with its feet, clawing at him and pecking at his head, was not something he would likely survive. Thankfully, his strength helped him considerably.

Pym: "Never thought I'd punch a bird in the face!" He did so, wailing on its beak. The bird did not enjoy this and soon let go, dropping Hank further. He floated down and finally landed the soft dirt. He was going to push himself up when suddenly...

Pym: The bird landed atop of him, knocking both of them out.

Hope: Hope heard the commotion, but couldn't see anything. She got the bright idea to climb up the flower stem to see what she could see from up high.

Pym: When Curt finally came to, his blurry vision realized there was a massive, unconscious, bird atop of him. When he wrenched himself free from its ginormous wing, he felt terrible. The left wing looked badly damaged. He quickly gathered some wood chips and tearing a chunk of a stem off a flower, he shredded it into threads. Using the glucose from the broken stem, the string, and the wood chips, he made a fairly efficient wing cast.

Pym: He knew the bird might not make it, but it was in a greenhouse, free from most if not all predators, and it could eat the grubs on the dirt for nourishment. He would return to his normal size and check on it, keeping a satisfactory eye on its condition. Now to find Hope...

Hope: Hope had given up on climbing the flower. She pouted at the base of the stem. This sucked. At least she could eat. She grabbed a piece of stem and chewed on it. Well she wouldn't starve... where was Hank though? Shouldn't he be big by then?

Pym: He knew where to look. Though blurry vision and a bit disoriented (probably a concussion) he felt considerably calmer now that the bird was taken care of and he couldn't hear the other. He looked up through the glass and waited to see someone walk by. Finally he did. Though humungous at his size, a very clearly-red-haired woman strolled by the green house. "Yes! She made it out!" He felt so much calmer, he didn't even realize he was growing back.

Pym: Once to his original size, he sighed with relief. Stepping over the small shrubs and other such things, he picked up the bird, put it in the rosebush (which was clearly where its nest had been), and quietly, carefully, stepped out of the green house, sighing relief. He saw the red-head in the distance walking into the school.

Pym: "Hey, wait-up!" he called, running after her, shutting the door behind him.

Hope: Hope held onto the flower, as her world shook when the door shut. Wait... WAIT! "HANK!" Oh he'd never hear her! She sighed and scrubbed her face with her hands. This was the last time she agreed to training outside the DR. That was for sure.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS