Christmas 2015: Sue

Check out what goes on between semesters here!
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

Christmas 2015: Sue

Post by Svartfreja »

<@Sue> "Damn it... where are you, you little bastard?" Sue hurried along the hallway, praying she didn't find an open door or that the gerbil hadn't found its way into someone's room. She checked under furniture she passed with the help of her field but, so far, no gerbil.

<David> David roamed along another vaguely familiar hallway, humming softly, in his search for something to do. He paused for a moment when he noticed a floating table around the corner, accompanied by the sounds of swearing. "You'd think I'd be used to weird things by now." He poked his head further around, hoping to present a smaller target should the table come flying his way. "Not interrupting anything, am I?" he called out.

<@Sue> Sue yelped and vanished from view. "Don't creep up on people!" She reappeared with her hands on her hips.

<David> David stepped out from around the corner, holding his hands up. "Hey, I just wanted to make sure I didn't end up getting impromptu brain surgery via the table." Sure, the invisible chick is worried about people sneaking up on her. The world we live in, man.

<@Sue> "I don't make a habit of throwing furniture at people... should I?" She projected her invisibility field at a few more items. "Bugger..." she muttered.

<David> "Don't start changing habits on my account." he tried not to stare at the vanishing act the other pieces of furniture were doing. "If I were a gambling man, I'd say you've lost something."

<@Sue> "Yeah.... don't suppose you've seen a gerbil anywhere? It glows in the dark.... but otherwise looks like any ordinary gerbil..." She chewed her lip, wondering which direction it might have gone.

<David> "I think I might have remembered that." Ooo. Say you think you might have one in your pants. "Couldn't you turn off the lights and look for the glow or something?" Come on, don't be like that. Say the pants thing.

<@Sue> "What in the whole school? That's mental.... it's too big anyway..." she huffed. "I'm never going to find it..." and it was probably going to eat the cat...

<David> Well, then. She's not invited to the pants party for being so mean. "I meant room by room." He flicked the nearby light switch off and on to demonstrate. "Now that you know of my amazing light controlling powers, need any help?"

<@Sue> "I can't just barge into other rooms.... that's rude.... and the little shit could be anywhere... I've seen them chew through walls...." she sighed, "Turning lights off isn't really an issue when you can make the furniture invisible but two pairs of eyes are better than one..."

<David> "I can do the heavy lifting, too." He struck a Mr. Olympia pose and waggled his eyebrows.

<@Sue> Sue raised an eyebrow at the pose, "Riiiiight... well I already checked most of that way," she thumbed over her shoulder. "So there's just this way," she gestured ahead of her, "And downstairs..."

<David> "Cool. Lead the way, I guess?' he fell in, one step behind. "So, how much can you make invisible with your supercharged x-ray specs?"

<@Sue> "Uh.... not sure... I can make the blackbird invisible so I guess a lot? Haven't really tested it like I have with my forcefields... I've been doing it a lot longer." She invisibled some more furniture as they passed and checked along the skirting boards.

<David> "Cool, force-fields. Remind me not to throw any snowballs at you. Not that I would, of course." He started to crouch to look under another table, when it disappeared.

<@Sue> "Oh I would cheat so hard in a snowball fight." she laughed, "So what do you do?"

<David> He stood back up from the awkward half-crouch. "Well, remember when I was worried about getting brained by furniture? There's a good chance I'd just get back up again. Not the most glamorous, but it saves on medical bills." We should definitely snowball ambush her.

<@Sue> "Oh... you're a healer then?" she smiled, "Fun!" She frowned as they reached the end of the hall. Curses. She headed for the stairs. Bloody gerbil. Stupid furry git.

<David> He watched her starting down the stairs for a moment, Might have to change re-invite her to the pants party. I agree. Before following and hoping she didn't notice him checking her out. "I guess. Healing factor seems to be the fancy buzzword being thrown around."

<@Sue> "That is the word," Sue nodded, chewing her lip and trying to decide where to look first. Kitchen seemed a good idea. At least there was tea there so she could refuel.

<David> "What's the gerbil's name, anyway?" he jerked his head to the left, checking if he had actually seen something in his peripheral vision before dismissing it as nothing. "I assume it recognizes it's name?"

<@Sue> "It doesn't have a name... it was a science experiment that we thought the Lizard ate but it turned out we were mistaken so then it was spare... so Curt decided I should look after it...." she frowned, "I still don't think it was a good idea. It's caused nothing but trouble."

<David> "Well, that explains the whole glow in the dark thing. At least you seem to like it enough to look for it." he offered.

<@Sue> "Hmm... wouldn't say it's care for the gerbil... more worry about what it'll destroy or kill while it's out...." She invisibled the furniture in the entrance hall as they passed through. Nope. Ugh.

<David> "Huh. Always thought they were bottom of the foodchain type critters. Didn't know they could kill anything." he froze suddenly, standing very still. "Uhhhh... roughly how big is an ordinary gerbil?"

<@Sue> "Um... about this big?" she held up her hands a small distance apart, "Not including the tail... why?"

<David> "This is going to sound like a terrible pick up line, but..." he carefully looked down, still trying to stay as still as possible, "... I think there's a gerbil in my pants and I hope it's happy to see you." Holy crap you actually used it! He's being serious. Shit.

<@Sue> Sue blinked at him. "Beg your pardon?"

<David> He watched a small bulge climbing up the inside of his pantleg. "There's something climbing my pants. And unless there's more small animals roaming around this joint, that's probably your gerbil."

<@Sue> "Uh... do you.... want to get it out of there?" This wasn't a bit awkward at all.... She wrinkled her nose a little.

<David> "Well, you mentioned it destroying and killing stuff so uhhh... yeah." He resisted the urge to throw off his pants as fast as possible and hope he came out intact. "Don't suppose you could magic it out of there or someth---", his voice rose to a near falsetto as he felt the bulge climb past his knee and half-way up his thigh.

<@Sue> "You heal..." Sue reminded him, "But I can probably get it..." She invisbled his trouser leg til just above the gerbil and caught her tongue between her lips as she concentrated on catching it in a forcefield.

<David> "It still hurts." he hissed between his teeth.

<@Sue> Once she was sure she had it on all sides she worked on dragging it back down towards David's foot. "I'm Sue, by the way..." she introduced herself, figuring they were probably on first name terms by now. "Sue Storm. You might have already met my brother Johnny."

<David> He hopped backwards the moment he felt the gerbil clear his pants. "And I'm really grateful." He watched the little critter floating there for a moment. "David. Or Dave . if I ever get lost and you need something to yell while invisibling stuff."

<@Sue> She smiled, "Nice to meet you." She floated the gerbil up to eye level, "And you, you little bastard, are in a lot of fucking trouble. Chew through my textbooks will you? I'll show you."

<David> "As long as that's all it chewed through," he muttered, patting down his pockets and pantlegs. Everything's there. It wasn't nearly monstrous enough to make this a horror movie. "Nice to meet you, too. Although, at the rate I'm going, meeting people at this school is going to get me killed." David stated, recalling his meeting with the human missile.

<@Sue> She laughed, "You'll be fine. We're not as dangerous as it first seems... well mostly." She liberated some fake flowers from their metal vase and dropped the gerbil into it.

<David> David shot the gerbil one last dirty look before it disappeared into the metal vase. "I suppose. I guess there's no one here made of explosions or can turn into guns or something. So until that happens, it should be fine." he smiled back.

<@Sue> "Yep.... well relatively painfree anyway." She offered a smile, hugging the vase to her and peering into it. "Let's see you chew through that."

<David> "Don't say that. It might take it as a challenge." he said, only half-jokingly. "You never know with the experiments of mad scientists."

<@Sue> "Yeah..." she sighed, "I better go and put him back in his tank just in case...."

<David> "If you need someone to run guard duty on the way back, you've got a volunteer. I know it doesn't know me," he motioned at the vase, "... but I've decided to take it personally."

<@Sue> She laughed a little, "You don't have to, but thanks for the offer.

<David> "My pleasure, milady." he gave an exaggerated bow. "Just had to make sure no one said chivalry is dead. Now if only there were a sunset to ride off into. And a horse to ride on. And an appropriate soundtrack playing in the background."

<@Sue> She laughed, "If you like I can just imagine that for you."

<David> "Well, good luck chaining the beast back up. And here's looking at you, kid." he turned and slowly walked off, humming the theme to Casablanca. Our little boy's all grown up. *sobbing sounds* "Whoops. Room is in the other direction." He gave her a sheepish grin as he turned around and headed the other way.

<@Sue> Sue giggled, shaking her head and going for the stairs back to the girls dorms. She was going to have to find something more durable than textbooks to put on top of the tank...
:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

Re: Christmas 2015: Sue

Post by Svartfreja »

<@Mayday> "O-ok, Cinnamon has enough food to last a few weeks, my X-Box Live subscription lasts until January 20th so you can use Netflix if you get bored...", Mayday listed as she double-checked her bag, stretching the seams on her six-armed jumper (courtesy of Professor Guthrie) to get comfortable.

<@Mayday> "...t-there's er...t-there's supposed to be a clan meet on WoW and LoL but I'm not gonna make either, if you see anyone from there on Steam, tell them I won't be...here...", she sighed, finally.

<Sue> Sue nodded as she took that all in, "I wish you were staying, May...." She sighed, running a hand through her hair.

<@Mayday> Mayday squeezed her eyes shut, sitting down on her bed and covering her face with all of her hands, "I-I know, I just....I-I wanted to....", she looked past her fingers at Sue, "....h-have you ever had a family?"

<Sue> Sue nodded, "Yeah... I was close with my parents til the summer when it all went to shit... now they kind of don't talk to me... so I've just got Johnny..." She moved over to sit beside her.

<@Mayday> "I've never had that.", Mayday rested her hands on her lap, "I-I just....I just want to know what it's like, you know? J-just....just once, I wanna see it.", she looked at Sue, "....t-there's....there's something else I need you to know..."

<Sue> "If my parents were talking to me I'd have brought you home with me for the holidays.... so I guess I can get that." She offered a small smile.

<@Mayday> With a deep breath, Mayday took her hand, "S-Susan....", she shuffled a little bit to look at her, "...I-I...I love you.", she choked up, breathing increasing in anxiety.

<Sue> Sue blinked at her, trying to take that on board. "Wh-.... uh... really?"

<@Mayday> "I...y-yes! I-I was talking to JP and...and I think I really....r-really do, erm...", Mayday's grip around Sue's hand loosened, "...w-wh....you don't....?", she backed away a little, overcome with worry.

<Sue> Sue reached and pulled her back to her, giving her a hug, "I don't know, May... never been in love before... I know I like you a lot and I care about you..."

<@Mayday> Mayday trembled in her arms, unable to lift her own, "M-me either, but....but Sue, I just...", she moved away again, "I-I care about you more than I ever thought possible, y-you make me feel like I'm....I-I'm so happy with you and....", she shook her head, "...I-I think that it's love for me, and..."

<Sue> Sue gave a sigh, "Have I upset you?"

<@Mayday> "I-I....I don't know...", Mayday's hands all clasped together, "I....t-thought you would feel the same...", her mouth was too dry for tears, instead her eyes averted to the floor as she trembled.

<Sue> "This doesn't mean I don't..." she wrapped her arms around May's shoulders. "It just means I need time to figure that out...."

<@Mayday> With a little whimper, Mayday looked away, "And what if you don't? W-what if....", she shook her head again, standing up, "I....I need to go."

<Sue> "May... don't be like that... don't be scared that I won't... I don't see why I wouldn't... I just... I need some time... that's a big commitment and my parents... I have a lot of stuff in my head that's in the way..." she bit her lip.

<@Mayday> Lifting her bag, Mayday made for the door, stopping before it, "...I...h-have something for you.", she approached her desk, reaching into a drawer and withdrawing a wrapped package, complete with a tiny silver bow, handing it to Sue, "...it's just something small.", her eagerness to release it was clear by her lack of grip.

<Sue> Sue took it with a sad look, "Do I at least get a hug before you go? I'll miss you..."

<@Mayday> Mayday took a deep breath, nodding, "I-if you wanna...sure...", she tried to look at Sue, finding it difficult without the pain in her heart intensifying.

<Sue> Sue put the gift to one side and stepped close to May, sliding her arms around her for a tight hug. "Have a nice Christmas, May... I'll see you when you get back..." She kissed her cheek.

<@Mayday> Nodding against her, Mayday patted her back with an arm, backing away and leaving a kiss on Sue's cheek as she did so before approaching Cinnamon's tank, "Bye, baby.", she blew him a kiss before leaving the room, unable to breathe in the tense atmosphere any longer.

<Sue> Sue huffed and curled up on the bed around the wrapped gift. Christmas this year was going to suck ass.

<@Mayday> Shuffling out and bumping into the glass of his container, Cinnamon watched Sue, almost seeming concerned in his own little way. After a few moments to realize how hopeless his attempt to escape were, he simply rested against the glass, tapping it with a mandible. Perhaps just to let Sue know in his own way that she wasn't alone.
:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

Sue: Sue was up bright and early on Christmas morning. She went downstairs, made some tea, then wandered back up again with two mugs and a gift-wrapped present that floated along behind her in a bubble. Letting herself into Johnny's room she used her forcefields to throw open the curtains, "Merry Christmas!"

Johnny: Johnny groaned at the cheery tone his older sister had taken and pulled the blankets over his head to block the light coming in from the window as he rolled onto his other side. He didn't know what time it was, but he decided it was far to early to be awake on Christmas.

Sue: Sue was not to be deterred. Placing the mugs on Johnny's desk along with the gift, she flopped onto his bed and pulled the sheets down to uncover his head. "Joooohnnyyyyyyy..."

Johnny: "Whaaaaat?" he whined as he lost his blankets.

Sue: "It's Christmas! Wake up!" She poked his shoulder repeatedly.

Johnny: "Ugh..." Johnny groaned again, "I am awake."

Sue: "Yay! I brought tea." She reached over and plucked one of the mugs from the desk, offering it to him.

Johnny: Peering over his shoulder at the mention of tea, he squinted at the brightness of the light, scooted to sit up, and reached to take it with a sigh. Christmas or not, he still wasn't sure he wanted to be awake. Johnny looked down at the contents of his mug, giving an unenthusiastic, "Woo, tea."

Sue: Sue reached for her own mug and settled on the bed proper, tucking her bare feet under her. She was still in her PJs. "It's weird not being at home..."

Johnny: "Mmhm," he agreed as he tried a sip. The tea was acceptable. "But not entirely unpleasant."

Sue: "You prefer being here on your own than at home or with Hope? There's something wrong with you...." she frowned.

Johnny: "It's not like we're missing out on anything at home. We do the same thing every year," he rolled his eyes, "And I'm not going to mope just because Hope's not around."

Sue: "Sometimes doing the same thing is nice, Johnny. It's called tradition... and I miss mum and dad..." she huffed.

Johnny: He shrugged, "Sometimes a change is nice, and, while I miss them as well, I'm not going to sulk on Christmas because they're not around either."

Sue: "Well it's easy for you to say - they still like you." She pointed out. "Do you think by summer they'll have forgiven me? Because I miss home..."

Johnny: "Everyone likes me," he pointed out, giving another shrug, "Maybe? I mean, did you plan on bringing May with you?"

Sue: "I don't know... I'd like to... but I don't think mum and dad'd like it... might just make it worse... and it's so complicated now..."

Johnny: "You could always forewarn them. It'd give them time to get used to the idea," Johnny suggested.

Sue: "But they don't even like that I like girls... what if they say no? And... and May said something before she went to spend Christmas with JP... and she's upset with me because I'm worried what our parents will think about the whole thing..."

Johnny: "Then, we'll spend the summer together here, too." He took another gulp from his drink, glancing over to her, "What'd she say?"

Sue: Sue frowned down at her tea, "She said that she loves me..."

Johnny: "Oh. And you said...?"

Sue: "I said... that I wasn't sure if I did or not and that I needed time to work it out... except I think she took that like I didn't even though I told her it wasn't a final thing yet..."

Johnny: Johnny's face found the palm of his hand, "Yeah, I've found that doesn't go over well."

Sue: She sighed, sipping her tea. "I tried and tried to reassure her that I just needed time to try and work it out and I tried to explain about all the stuff in my head what with mum and dad.... but it didn't seem to help...."

Johnny: "Of course it didn't," he rolled his eyes, "It's not exactly an easy thing to admit. Also, how do you not love May? She's, like... all nice and adorable... when she's not all spidery and trying to eat faces and stuff..."

Johnny: As an afterthought, Johnny gave a smirk, teasing, "Upsetting her should be a crime."

Sue: "Love is a strong word, Johnny... I'm not saying I don't care about her or that I don't like her a lot... but love comes with all this other stuff... and we've only been dating since hallowe'en. That's not even two months...."

Johnny: "I know," he replied simply.

Sue: "Don't you think it's too soon to say something like that?"

Johnny: "I don't know. Depends on the relationship, I guess."

Sue: "Do you think it's too soon in this relationship? I do..."

Johnny: "Seeing as I'm not in on your relationship, I've no idea," he shrugged, finishing his tea and setting the mug aside. "Guess if it makes you feel any better, Hope's said it, and I haven't."

Sue: "Did she not take that well either?" She kept her empty mug between her hands, still taking the heat from it.

Johnny: "Um... It was awkward, and we pretended it was never spoken." ...And, now he had an engagement ring that he couldn't work up the courage to give to her. He wasn't about to tell Sue that though.

Sue: "And you still don't think you can help me? Did you piss her off with it? Or upset her?"

Johnny: "We never talked about it, so... I don't know? Maybe you should talk to Hope about it?"

Sue: Sue pulled a face, "No thanks... we haven't spoken in months and I like it that way. The less she knows about my life the less she can fuck up."

Johnny: He rolled his eyes, "Then I don't know what to tell you, except you'd be stupid to screw things up with Mayday. So, should we move onto presents?"

Sue: "I'll try and fix it when she comes back. Can't do much right now." she nodded to the question about presents, leaning to put her mug on the desk and snagging her present for Johnny with a forcefield.

Johnny: Getting up, Johnny stepped over various piles of clothes and textbooks on his journey to the closet. He pulled the gift out of where it'd been hidden, tossed it to the bed in front of her, retook his seat, and picked up his own present, giving it a shake, "Sounds like a decent plan."

Sue: "Well I can't really fly to Canada after her." Sue smirked at him, picking up her present. Oooh squishy.

Johnny: "You could, but I'm not sure how far you'd get. Plus, she may end up finding it cute or something," he shrugged. Hm. Well, it was a box... Not able to figure out what the gift was, Johnny started unwrapping it.

Sue: "Yeah... I mean... I could in theory fly myself that far but I'd need frequent breaks...." She started to peel off the paper on her own gift. "Maybe I'll save that for an emergency."

Johnny: "Might get a bit cold too," Johnny remarked, tossing the paper to the floor and eying the remote controlled helicopter. It needed freed from its box prison.

Sue: "Yeah... probably... but at least I wouldn't have to worry about wind and rain." She laughed at her present, bopping him on the head with the cushion and proclaiming: "For the Horde!" As it was decorated with the Horde flag.

Johnny: With a grin, Johnny swatted at the pillow as he pulled the toy from the box, pleased to see that it shot dart missiles. He was sure to lose those momentarily. "I'm glad I got the right one."

Sue: "You did! I'm proud of you!" She hugged him, "Thank you, Johnny." she kissed his cheek. "Do you like your present?"

Johnny: "Of course," he answered as he returned the hug, grin turning into a smirk, "Want to go test it out?"

Sue: "Ooooh I do! Let's go find an unsuspecting victim and sneak attack! .... I can even provide some excellent camouflage."

Johnny: He nodded, "I approve of this. Let's go."
Chaos
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: Mr. President
Nightscrawlearth Character: :venom :spidey etc.

Post by Chaos »

<@Mayday> It had been fifteen minutes. Or it certainly felt like it had been an absurdly long, abnormal time Mayday had stood outside the door of her shared room, wondering how best to approach the situation on its other side.

<@Mayday> Sighing, she leaned back on the wall adjacent to the room's entryway. Sue was on the other side, and the conversation that she needed to have with her filled her heart with fear, like liquid cement it seemed to harden the longer Mayday stared at the door, killing her want to knock.

<@Mayday> With a final huff, she swallowed her fear, adjusting her bag over her shoulder and knocking on the door gently, "Sue?", she called inside, trying the handle and pushing the door gently open.

<Sue> Sue paused her DVD and looked over at the door, just staring for a moment before she jumped off her bed and tackled May for a hug. "You're home!"

<Mayday> Mayday dropped her bag, caught completely off guard. She hugged Sue back, breathing her in and giving her a little squeeze, "Yeah.....I'm home."

<Sue> "And you have the correct number of arms again!" She squeezed her a little before letting her go. "I missed you..."

<Mayday> Smiling a little, Mayday nodded, "Y-yeah...I...missed you as well. D-did you like your little hair clips?", she smirked awkwardly at her words - the present seemed like the easiest thing to ask her about, and talking made it easier to avoid the elephant sat between them.

<Sue> Sue nodded, turning her head so that May could see she was wearing one. "They're really awesome."

<Mayday> "Heh...Science one, huh?", Mayday nodded, noting the specific pattern on the star-shaped symbol, "I-I'm happy you liked them.", she picked at the sleeve of her R2-D2 sweater, playing with a stray white cotton string, "S-so....."

<Sue> Sue chewed her lip, knowing what that stutter was about. "So...." she went back to her bed and sat down. "I guess we should talk..."

<Mayday> Mayday stood awkwardly at the door, closing it with a foot, "Y-yeah...", she looked away, too anxious to really look at Sue, "....erm....I-I guess you haven't decided to drop the L-word too, right(?)", she tried to joke, laughing dryly.

<Sue> Sue pulled her legs up, hugging her knees, "May... I'm not ready for that... I... I really care about you... but that's a completely different level..."

<Mayday> "....yeah.", she all but whispered in reply, trying to remain silent.

<Sue> She rested her chin on her knees and peered over at May, "Is this going to be a deal-breaker? It's not because I don't think I won't say it one day..." she trailed off lamely.

<Mayday> Mayday shook her head, "I-I don't know....I just....I-It's scary thinking you might just....not...", she looked up, gulping, "I-I'm scared, ok? I'm scared because I don't know how to make this stop hurting!", she held her chest, looking away once more, "I-it's like my heart is filled with lead..."

<Sue> "May..." Sue got up off the bed and went to her again, wrapping her arms around her. "It's not because I don't... it's because I can't say it." she nuzzled her a little, "If I say it it opens up all this stuff and everything's already crappy at home and that'll make it worse... if... if you can just wait til I figure this stuff out with my mum and dad...? I made a new year's resolution..."

<Mayday> The redhead shrank down a little in her arms, "So what? What does that mean?", she sighed, trying not to be unkind, but unable to deal with the weight her heart had become.

<Sue> "It means I'm going to fix this problem with my parents... and then I can introduce them to my beautiful, smart, funny, girlfriend and they'll love you as much as I do."

<Mayday> Mayday moved to look at Sue, "...w-what? You...y-you what?", she flushed, "Y-you....just said it..."

<Sue> Sue pressed a kiss to May's cheek, "I can say it... just not in a sentence all on its own yet..."

<Mayday> Squeezing her into a tight hug, Mayday buried her head against Sue's shoulder and let out a small sob, "I'm sorry!", she squeaked, trembling against the blonde girl, "I just thought you didn't! I-I thought nobody could love me and I was so afraid!"

<Sue> "Oh Maaaay!" Sue hugged back just as tight, "You're so silly! You have it backwards! Everyone loves you - you're a sweetheart! How could anyone not love you? Especially not me... I'm the lucky girl that gets to date you..."

<Mayday> "Everyone leaves me!", Mayday cried, tears overflowing, "Everyone! My whole life I'm always so alone!", she blurted out, all the emotion from things she could scarcely remember surfacing with every heartfelt sob.

<Sue> Sue hugged her close, wrapping a field around them protectively too. "Listen to me now, okay? I'm not going to leave you. I promise."

<Mayday> Mayday nodded, still crying uncontrollably as she held onto Sue firmly, as if scared she'd suddenly disappear.

<Sue> "Wanna get some hot chocolate and watch some TNG? Picard's awesomeness will make you feel better." She turned her head to press a kiss to May's temple.

<Mayday> Sniffling, Mayday nodded, moving away and wiping her eyes on her sleeve, "Y-yeah....ok.", she smiled, red-cheeked as she choked up a few more tears, "Y-you must think I'm so stupid..."

<Sue> Sue shook her head, "No, I'd never think that... I feel like a bitch though." She used her own sleeve to dry the rest of the tears and gave May a small smile.

<Mayday> "N-no, no! You're not, Sue.", Mayday shook her head, "I-I....I understand. I-I mean, I think I do....we should talk about your parents if you want...?"

<Sue> Sue shook her head, "Noooo not today. There's been enough crying. We need junk food and Patrick Stewart, stat!"

<Mayday> Mayday grinned, "Y-yeah, ok. I-it sounds more fun anyway.", she nodded, sniffing again, "Susan? I-I'm sorry, ok? I-I didn't....I didn't mean to ruin everything..."

<Sue> "You didn't ruin anything," She gave her another tight hug, "Everything's fine."

<Mayday> "Promise me?", Mayday persisted, kissing Sue's cheek affectionately.

<Sue> "I absolutely promise." she turned her head and caught May's lips for a proper kiss.

<Mayday> Locking lips with Sue, Mayday sighed, finally giving in to her heart and finding comfort in the soft heat of her girlfriend's loving embrace, "I love you.", she breathed, not caring for an answer this time, pushing another kiss against Sue and motioning towards the bed.

<Mayday> "Starfleet can wait...", she breathed against Sue's mouth, "...I missed you."