Winter 2015: Jeeeeeaaaaan!

Check out what goes on between semesters here!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Winter 2015: Jeeeeeaaaaan!

Post by Slarti »

<Jean> Jean was feeling goooood. Sean's stash might not be quite as good as Cessily's, but it wasn't bad by any means. Humming the theme to Gilligan's Island for no specific reason, Jean wandered back to the patio to look for her lighter. Bad stoner! Never lose your lighter!

<Johnny> Hit! Johnny grinned as he tossed some more snow up and threw more flames at it. Pushing himself up on his elbows, he glanced around. Maybe there was something else to burn...

<Jean> That's when Jean noticed the fireballs arcing through the air. "Oooo, pretty..." Finding her lighter right where she left it on the table, she wandered off into the snow.

<Johnny> Hm... He supposed he shouldn't burn people. Completely sitting up, Johnny waved at the redhead, vaguely wondering which one it was.

<Jean> "Hi!" Jean returned the wave, then really took a good look at the waver. Nice. She liked this place more and more. "Were you doing that?"

<Johnny> "Hey!" he grinned as he moved to get up, nodding. To prove it and to show off for the girl, Johnny shot a funnel of flames to the side, melting the snow, "Yep, that was me."

<Jean> "Oh.... my. God!" Jean grinned and made her way through the snow to him. "You wouldn't happen to be Johnny, would you? Because that would be... just fucking awesome and means that God really does love me!"

<Johnny> "God must love you because he has blessed you with my presence." It was nice to know that he was now considered a gift from God.

<Jean> "So you make fire. That is so hot." Jean hopped into the spot he had cleared of snow.

<Johnny> He grinned and nodded, "Quite literally, yep."

<Jean> "I'm Jean." She smirked, reaching up to tuck her hair behind her ear. "I can control fire." Literally was right. This guy was gorgeous.

<Johnny> "Really?" he asked, creating some flames for her to work with.

<Jean> Jean reached out with her teke and took the fire from him, bringing it to her hand to let it dance over her fingertips. She looked up at him, wicked grin firmly in place.

<Johnny> "Nice. Can you do anything besides that?" Johnny asked, considering her. He blinked. Why was she looking at him like that?

<Jean> "I can read minds." Hmm... pretty, but not too smart. That was okay.

<Johnny> "Ah." Well, that was slightly worrisome, however he wasn't overly concerned about his brain becoming pudding yet. "So, what brings you out into the cold?"

<Jean> "The hunt for fire, actually." Jean squelched the flames by collapsing the teke bubble and reached for her lighter to hold it up. "I left it on the patio."

<Johnny> "Oh... Well, I'm a much cooler lighter than that," Johnny assured her. "I was looking for something to do... Blowing things up was starting to sound like fun."

<Jean> "Yeah, I can see that, and blowing things up is always fun." Jean heartily approved of this, moving closer to him. Tall. Nice. "I was told that if I liked fire I should find you. Glad I did."

<Johnny> "Most people are glad they found me," Johnny sagely nodded, glancing around. He looked back to her with a smirk, "What should we destroy first?"

<Jean> "I don't know... I'm kind of new here. Why don't you show me some of the highlights, and then we can blow them up!"

<Johnny> Johnny gestured toward the house, "Well, the school is pretty awesome, but I'm not sure we should blow it up. But..." he gestured the other way, "Surely there's things that won't be missed around the woods."

<Jean> "Yeah... even I know to not burn down the house. In fact I was specifically told not to burn down the house... by a teacher" She shrugged it off. "Who'd miss a few trees?"

<Johnny> "I'm not sure I've ever been told not to burn the house down," he mused as he started toward the trees, melting the snow in their path to make things easier, "No one I can think of."

<Jean> "They must think I'm scarier," she smirked, following him, which gave her a great opportunity to check the view.

<Johnny> "I don't think you are," Johnny gave her a grin over his shoulder, "However, my opinion may change since I don't know you all that well yet."

<Jean> "I promise I'm harmless." She looked up quickly to his face. Picking up her pace a little, she moved beside him. "So you're British. Love the accent. Accents are always awesome."

<Johnny> "I'll take your word for it." He looked around a bit for an acceptable target before glancing back to her, "Yeah, I'm from a really small town. Coming here was a bit crazy, but awesome. Much more fun to be had."

<Jean> Ugh. Walking was dulling her high. Fuck exercise. "I bet. I'm from New York, so, like, this isn't so different." Jean twirled a lock of hair. "Wait, but we have accents to you? So you don't think my accent is awesome and exotic?"

<Johnny> "Of course, though you all sound... American to me. I don't pick up dialects as easily here as at home," Johnny answered, brow furrowing as he spotted a shed. Nodding to it, he asked, "What about that?"

<Jean> "Well, some of our accents are better than others." Jean didn't sense anyone inside the small, shitty outbuilding. "I don't think anybody will miss it."

<Johnny> "I can safely say the sound of your pleasant enough, so you don't have anything to worry about." Johnny formed a fireball in his palm, grinning over at her, "Think I can put this through the window?"

<Jean> "Hmm, I can handle pleasant." Jean smirked at him until the fire caught her attention. Nice. "One way to find out, hot stuff."

<Johnny> He eyed the small window, tongue poking out a little as he debated. He supposed if he didn't hit the window, he'd still get the wall... Hopefully. Winding up, Johnny let the fireball fly, fist pumping at the sound of glass shattering, "Victory!"

<Jean> Jean giggled and applauded his effort. "Very nice, very nice!" She flitted around him and noticed something. Perfect. Reaching up, she brushed a fallen leaf off his shoulder, getting into his personal space to meet his eyes. "That all you got?"

<Johnny> Johnny looked down to her and was about to answer when the explosion interrupted him. Instead, he ended up letting out a muttered string of profanity as he pulled her to the ground just in case. Right. He hadn't expected it to actually explode.

<Jean> Her scream cut off and she covered her head, only then remembering she could shield them both from the rain of debris and doing so. "Oh my God! You really blew it up!" On the up side, she was on the ground with the hottie.

<Johnny> "I know! It's... awesome!" And slightly terrifying. But mostly awesome! Having covered his head as well, Johnny pulled an arm away to eye where the shed had been, "I wonder what the hell was in there..."

<Jean> The debris were burning as they fell and the remains of the shed was still burning too. "Whatever it was, it's gone now... and color me impressed!" Jean turned a grin on him, trying to tame her hair.

<Johnny> Johnny focused on putting out some of the smaller fires and moved to sit up with a wide grin. "I'm pretty impressed myself... except we should probably put that out." Mainly because he wanted to poke through the remains.

<Jean> "I have to admit you are very impressive." She sat up as well, using her teke to squash out some of the smoldering debris and lifted the shield protecting them.

<Johnny> "I know," he easily replied and got to his feet, offering his hand.

<Jean> She took his hand, but floated upright. Setting down on her feet, she grinned. "I can be impressive too." Letting go of him, she flipped her hair to go past him to inspect what was left.

<Johnny> "I see, but I could do that," Johnny said as he followed her over to the spot, lowering the temperature of the debris. While he wasn't likely to burn, he couldn't imagine it'd be pleasant for her.

<Jean> "Oooooo, so you're not just a firecracker. Nice!" Jean formed a shield around the shed and collapsed it, choking out the rest of the flickering flames. Even the smoke was trapped under her unseen field.

<Johnny> "I have many talents," he nodded, "That's pretty cool though because I definitely prefer breathing fresh air."

<Jean> "If we want to touch anything I'll have to get rid of it, sorry." She dug into her pocket and gathered her hair into a ponytail. "But I could just pick up anything interesting with my teke too... no touching required.”

<Johnny> Johnny considered the offer and decided that was likely a better plan. "It would also spare us from getting dirty."

<Jean> "Getting dirty is overrated," she agreed, poking at a board with her toe. Moving closer, she made a distasteful face and stood on tiptoe to peer into the mess. "Now do we see anything interesting enough to bother with?"

<Johnny> He moved around the wreck, squinting into the smoke and dust to see if he could pick out anything. "Um... All of it? I mean, from what I can see, it doesn't look like there was ordinary shed stuff in it."

<Jean> "Ech. All of it..." Jean concentrated and with a sigh used her hands to help her pick the bits of shed from the... "Okay, yeah, I, like, have noooo idea what that stuff is." With a motion, she used her teke to lift out a mess of tubing and bottles.

<Johnny> Considering the objects, Johnny shook his head and gave a helpless shrug. Nothing was coming to mind at the moment, anyway. "Me neither... Guess it's not much use now, huh?" he glanced over to her, "Think we could go find something else that'll explode like that? Because I'm not sure we can."

<Jean> Jean let everything fall with a crash. "I don't know that we can either, because that was a biiig fireball." She grinned. "But we can tryyy!"
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Re: Winter 2015: Jeeeeeaaaaan!

Post by steyn »

That better not have been Jack, Jimmy and Mel's shed!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

Re: Winter 2015: Jeeeeeaaaaan!

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

:shifty :whistle