Christmas 2016: The Ghost of Christmas

Check out what goes on between semesters here!
Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator
Title: SCP-3068
Nightscrawlearth Character: :selene :mayhem :icarus :warren :sabretooth

Christmas 2016: The Ghost of Christmas

Post by Scumfish »

<@Elizabeth> Elizabeth hit her flash light on her thigh, she was moved in now, hiding in one of the upstairs rooms on a matteress with a suit case full of clothes. However bored she'd brought a flashlight from the store and decided the place needed exploring in the dark.

<@Elizabeth> For shits and giggles.

<Melody> "Ugh, this place is a dump," Mel pulled a face as she kicked some trash asside, "looks like they hired my mom as housekeeper or something."

<Cassie> "Yes, isn't it amazing?" Cassandra paused her prancing long enough to give Melody a grin. "It's almost like a theme park - only more grisly and spooky. Which makes it even better!" She performed an excited bounce. "Do you think it's haunted? Oh I hope it's haunted! I wanna see ghosts!"

<@Elizabeth> "Not sure I want haunted but a skeleton would be cool." The beam of her flash light shaking alittle as she walked along finding the rooms that hadn't been cleaned up to peak into.

<Aodhfionn> It also had ample caffolding around from where SHIELD were in the process of rebuilding, but there were no lights, not yet. No electricity had been turned on and the generators the builders had been using were locked down, leaving the girls in the huge, drafty place alone in the dark. Long, deep shadows claimed everything, twisting things into odd shapes that were mundane during the day but...different at night.

<Melody> "Skeleton's are over-rated, can't use them for shit, no muscles to move themselves after all."

<Cassie> "Maybe we find some zombies just for you, Mellie!" Cassandra offered Melody a smirk and leaned over to give her a gentle nudge into the side. "Then you could make them give us a tour."

<@Elizabeth> "I was more thinking to leave bits of it around the place were the teachers would find it and freak." Smiling alittle as her new heels clicked about.

<Cassie> Feeling right at home in the pervading darkness, Cassandra couldn't resist teleporting ahead by jumping from one deep shadow to the next, hopping out into the hallway further down. "We totally should think of something to spook them," she agreed, waiting up on the others.

<Aodhfionn> The place was also filled with shifting sounds too - wind, mostly, leaves brushing over floors and dusting over windows. Skitters of vermin that hadn't been chased out of this wing yet. The rattle of scaffolding as light feet ran across it, sleepy birds settling in the rafters - easily explained sounds.

<@Elizabeth> Elizabeth was more comfortable back in her PVC and leather now she'd refitted her wardrode, it did mean she was adding to the sounds to the place, namely squeaking. "You know I'm kind of glad I moved here early, I kind of like it like this. Proper serenity in silence."

<Melody> "Don't you think that'd be a little bad taste considering everything that's happened recently?" Mel asked, idly re-animating a dead pigeon and making it hop along with them.

<@Elizabeth> "So was moving us to an insane asylum, just because I'm medicated no need for the teachers to be extra prepared." The gloom making her and the dark outft fit in nicely, however the flashlights made her shine up.

<Cassie> "Hmmm, perhaps," Cassandra admitted, tapping an index finger against the side of her chin. "But nothing better to cope with a bad situation than make light of it, yes? That's what I always say, anyway." She paused when the gust of wind drifted through the hallway, kicking up some of the ample dust.

<Aodhfionn> The girls weren't alone, much as they were talking about ghosts and skeletons and how cool it would be. There were other things living in the building - it had been abandoned for so long, so much had happened in it, after all. A shadow grew longer, flickered, reaching out for one of them - and then snapped back to normal.

<Melody> Melody wasn't impressed, "Stop fucking about, Cass," she waved off the creepy shadow.

<@Elizabeth> Squeaking alittle she wondered what Jimmy was doing back in NY. "So do we think this place will look good when it's cleaned up?" Not spotting the shadow as she had found a big creepy window showing off the grounds.

<Cassie> "But I'm not doing anything," Cassandra insisted, frowning at the strange shadow doing even stranger things all on its own. "I swear it's not me. I wouldn't lie about such things, would I?" She paused for a moment. "Okay, maybe I would, but that still wasn't me."

<Melody> "Uh-huh," Melody sounded utterly convinced of her friend's innocene, totally.

<@Elizabeth> "This is freaky enough without people fuckin thin- Melody the hell with th dead pigeon?!"

<Cassie> "Can we keep it?" Cassandra asked, looking way too excited about the dead bird hopping about.

<Melody> "What? I like birds. And it's not too maimed, think it died of old age," the zombie pigeon cooed gently to itself and fluffed out it's feather.

<@Elizabeth> She was pushing through the whispers every day now, company helped because it was something to concentrate on. "It's still kinda gross...." Finding a set of stairs leading up and down. "Which way guys?"

<Cassie> "Or maybe it was..." Trailing off, Cassandra put a spooky vibe into her voice, drawing some shadows over her face. "...scared to death."

<Aodhfionn> The stairs leading up seemed somehow...darker, the shadows almost thick enough to touch, and there was a sound like someone was walking down them, a quiet muttering - just out of hearing, not quite loud enough to understand - following it.

<@Elizabeth> Elizabeths head swung up like a compass towards the sound, it felt so much louder then the real ones. "What a dog got in here? bark and it fell off the twig?"

<Melody> "I think it's way more likely that you were just dropped on your head a lot as a baby," Mel scoffed, "... Dog? What?"

<Cassie> Approaching the stairs cautiously, Cassandra slowed her steps even further. "Something is odd about the darkness in this place," she commented, actually sounding more serious for once. "And I say that as the local expert on all things shadowy."

<@Elizabeth> "I meant with the scaring things to death." Looking up the stairs and frowning. "It doesn't feel right.... it feels .... full."

<Melody> "Riiiight, is it blueberry flavoured or something? That the problem," Melody refused to buy into all this creepy bullshit, "Full of what?"

<Cassie> "Full of secrets," Cassandra remarked, before looking back over her shoulder at the other two girls. "Waiting for someone to uncover them."

<@Elizabeth> "I don't know..... just full... I only really practise with the moving crap side of my powers so the other side is ... lacking abit."

<Aodhfionn> The footsteps stopped, and there was the sound of someone breathing in sharply. Then all three torches went out suddenly, all at the same time, no warning flicker - just pitch blackness.

<Aodhfionn> No light penetrated the darkness, despite there being windows - all of it just...went.

<@Elizabeth> Elizabeths flash light flew out of her hand with some force, purposely aimed up the stairs, her hands glowing and bringing some light back to the hallway. "Fuck Off!"

<@Elizabeth> Or not, she could see her hands but nothing else.

<Cassie> "Is it just me, or did it just get a whole lot cozier in here," Cassandra remarked as the faint moonlight vanished from the broken windows. "And before you say anything, I promise that I still don't have anything to do with this..."

<Melody> "I dunno which is worse, the thought that you're just fucking with us or the thought you're not," Melody's voice spoke from the darkness, followed by the sound of her hammering her flashlight against her thigh to try and get it working again.

<Aodhfionn> The torch was caught - and turned back on, shining straight back at the girls. There was the impression of a figure behind it, barely there, tall and built - what little could be seen in the clinging darkness. Then the torch was dropped, the beam still on but showing nothing and the sound of someone running down the stairs echoed up.

<Cassie> "Still thinking this is me?" Cassandra asked, standing still as she stared ahead at the strange apparition.

<@Elizabeth> Elizabeth actually let out a high pitch whine rather then a scream then, flinching back from the light and just staring...

<Melody> "... Cassie, swear on your hundred-year old, whale-bone, silk and velevet corset that you love more then life itself, that wasn't you."

<Aodhfionn> A couple of seconds later, the suffocating darkness lifted, the torches suddenly working again, the place bright after it went...and the lights caught something...glistening on the floor of the stairs, slowly dripping down it.

<@Elizabeth> "Off the point but I want that corset now..." Voice shaking as much as her hands as the flash light dropped, her hand going out and it flew to her. Swallowing she wasn't sure if those whispers were part of this or her mind had jack up to a whole new level of crazy.

<@Elizabeth> "W-what is that...." To her it looked like airoplane fluid dripping down metal...

<Cassie_> "I swear by its bleached out bones," Cassandra replied, blinking when the sudden influx of light messed with her eyes. "And I might let you borrow it, as long as I get to help you put it on." She looked back at Elizabeth, the smirk finally returning to her lips. "Only to make sure it's properly handled, of course."

<Melody> "Okay, whoever the fuck you are, I'm going to assrape you with zombies when I find you!" Mel threatened the empty hallway, "Old people zombies!"

<Cassie_> "Would you like me saying that it looks like blood?" the raven-haired girl asked.

<@Elizabeth> Think about the corset and gorgeous cassie... not the petrol dripping down the walls. Covering her nose to defend herself from the on coming smell. "You can even take it off again for the priveledge of wearing it..." She couldn't stop staring.

<Aodhfionn> There was no reply. The shadows stayed normal, there weren't any extra sounds, and the liquid slowly dripped off a step.

<Melody> "Watch my back, I'm going in," Mel muttered, creeping towards the puddle.

<Cassie_> "I'd rather watch Elizabeth's back, but yours is fine, too," Cassandra replied, trying to shake the sense of unease by putting on a wry smile.

<@Elizabeth> Elizabeth forced a smile then, everything could be defused with jokes right? "Careful Mel."

<Melody> Gingerly she poked a finger in the puddle, then frowned as she sniffed it, "... It's red fucking paint," she deadpanned.

<@Elizabeth> Sighed she face palmed. Not petrol, paint, paint girl paint. "So there's another student here fuckin with us?"

<Cassie_> "Sad," Cassie only remarked, actually looking disappointed at the revelation.

<Melody> "Another student who's getting anally violated by dead things when I find them," Melody growled.

<Cassie_> "But who, I wonder?" Cassandra caught up with Melody, leaning around the handrail to peer up the flight of stairs. "As far as I know, Adam left to live with Jolen, and I can't picture anyone else with this peculiar sense of humour. Myself excluded, of course."

<Aodhfionn> Definitely not a student. A giggle came from somewhere above them, something...wrong about it, nowhere near the direction the apparition had gone, and the paint tin suddenly bouncing down the stairs followed by the running footsteps was suddenly loud. "Catch me if you can!" The voice was disturbingly gleeful.

<@Elizabeth> "Adam can't manipulate shadows and wouldn't do shit like that. Not to me at least." Growling alittle at the voice and laugh, she didn't find people trying to set off flashbacks funny at all.

<Cassie_> "Whoever that is, he's messing with the wrong group of girls," Cassandra remarked, instinctively shrouding herself in shadows as the tension rose. "I'm the only one who gets to mess with people in the dark around here."

<Melody> The nice thing about old buildings like this, so many dead things if you knew where to look, "I don't need to catch you," Mel muttered, closing her eyes and spreading her arms, letting the energy flow from her into every empty vessel it could find in the local area. Long dead rats, mice, birds and even insects rose from the dust, the mutants will steering them.

<Aodhfionn> This was being watched by a figure perched up in the rafters, shrouded in the same shadows as one of the girls down on the floor, red points of light narrowing in the wispy darkness. A tongue went over fangs as he watched with interest varying dead things starting to rise, grinning to himself.

<@Elizabeth> "Melody.... zombie are cool... this is kind of gross." Arms wrapping around herself she switched her flash light off and made her arms glow enough instead. "So shall we leave the upstairs for now?"

<Aodhfionn> The shadows around the stairs withdrew further, revealing...nothing, actually. Just a normal set of stairs bathed in moonlight, leading up into another hall. The stairs downstairs, on the other hand, were thick with darkness that had the same consistancy as smoke.

<@Elizabeth> "Or not, upstairs is good."

<Cassie_> "Someone is up there, hiding from us," Cassandra stated the obvious, even though it was more obvious to her, attuned senses able to penetrate the darkness. Most of it, anyway. Something about the shadows was off and unnatural. Much like her own - even those clearly weren't being controlled by her.

<Melody> "Or we just get my buddies to check it our for us," Mel suggested, eyes closed as she concentrated on controlling her minions. Animals were in thier way tricker, generally human corpses could understand simple instructions, critters needed personal steering.

<Cassie_> "Release the hounds, Corpse-Girl," Cassandra remarked, watching Melody do her thing. "Or zombie-rats, rather."

<@Elizabeth> "So down into the depths or up to the giggling? Freaks about or not I still kind of want something to do... beside this might explain some of the weird noises I've heard over the last two nights."

<Melody> "Threnody, apparently Dead Girl was already taken."

<Aodhfionn> There was the sound of something heavy dropping from something high, a sound like fingernails down chalkboard accompanying it and the clatter of something falling. "You're not playing!" The voice was petulent and sounded...young, distant, not here, another laugh echoing oddly as Cassie's shadows twisted and eddied as if in a wind.

<@Elizabeth> "Well girls ap-aparently we're dealing with a t-toddler." her voice still freaked out and shaking as the nails on chalkboard sound reminded her of stressed metal snapping...

<Cassie_> "But I like playing games," Cassandra answered the voice in the dark, finding her playful nature tickled despite the creepiness of it all - or because of it. "Maybe it's the ghost of a dead kid."

<Melody> Melody's minions were scurrying, flapping and buzzing through the urban ruin, looking for the source of the shadows ... then the very same pigeon that had been following them around flew into a cluster of shadows and connected with something heavy.

<Aodhfionn> There was something in that cluster of shadows, and whatever it was disliked a sudden face-pigeon. "Holy fuck!" The shadows suddenly flickered, and whatever they contained shot up the wall, literally climbing up the surface and leaving deep furrows as shadows flickered and wisped around it. Despite the sudden shock, he managed to stay in character...

<Aodhfionn> And the girls were treated to the sight of a white flicker in the midst of the shadows, glowing red eyes flaring in them and a hissing scream echoed around the hall before shadows enveloped him and he shot up into the rafters. Dead fucking pigeons!! The fuck was with zombie fucking pigeons!

<Melody> "If you're solid I can still get you with horny old people zombies, asshole!"

<Cassie_> "I think your decaying feathered friends found something," Cassandra remarked, the impish smirk on her lips growing a little bigger as she floated up the staircase towards the top floor. "Let's see if we can chase our playful friend out of his dark hidy-hole."

<@Elizabeth> Elizabeth just stared at the flash of white and glwoing eyes, not taht she was admitting this but whatever that was it was seriously freaking her the fuck out right now. "I'll take the rear then..." Following the pair up the stairs.

<Aodhfionn> As they climbed up the stairs, the deep furrows of his climb were obvious up the walls, as was the clawed-apart debris strewn over the floor. It looked like a large animal had got to it, and there was another echoing giggle from the shadows further on.

<Cassie_> "Girls, I'm starting to believe we're not dealing with a ghost here," Cassandra remarked, trying to peel away the shadows from the hallway to allow her friends to see better, creating a narrow pathway of light. "This looks more like some kind of demon to me."

<@Elizabeth> Elizabeth took a deep breath and forced her power into a shape, a long stick of light in her hand that Hisako had helped her form. "Well lets go excorcise the bastard y-yeah?" Staring at the claw marks.

<Melody> "Demon? Bullshit," Melody scoffed, "there's no such thing as demons, it's gotta be some kind of mutant like us."

<Cassie_> "Says the girl who has her own zombie tea party," Cassandra remarked with a wry smirk, as she tried to follow the source of the scuttling noises. The presence of Melody's minions made this quite a bit harder, however.

<Melody> "Science zombie tea-party," Mel countered.

<@Elizabeth> "No not that way Cassie, go left." Because she could sort of feel something to the left but nothing to the right. Hugging herself with her one arm and really starting to hate the dark.

<Aodhfionn> Something the being was making good use of. He was above them, absolutely silent, watching them curiously. The shiny one stunk of fear, the other smelt dead, and the third was playing with shadows too. He smirked - and the shadows stopped obeying Cassie, falling apart into nothing.

<Cassie_> "So why can't it be a science demon then?" Cassandra asked, stopping dead in her tracks when the shadows around them began to misbehave. "I didn't tell you to do that," she muttered, her brow furrowing, while black tendrils began to curl around her form when she became increasingly agitated.

<Aodhfionn> The shadows spiked at her, then fell back completely - even things that should have been creating shadows no longer had them, making the place look flat and surreal.

<Melody> "You don't have a long lost twin do you?"

<@Elizabeth> "Oh god that is making me feel sick." Shaking her head and trying not to stare to hard at everythings lack of a shadow, not even her powers casting light on the place. "That is disorientating in the worst kind of way."

<Cassie_> "Not to my knowledge, but to be honest, it wouldn't really surprise me anymore," Cassandra commented, her eyes narrowing, lighting up with a faint violet glow. "Okay, now I'm starting to grow tired of this game."

<Aodhfionn> Another giggle reached them. "I'm not."

<Cassie_> "No one messes with my shadows," Cassandra said, actually sounding irritated at this point. "Mel, would you please have your little dead darling eat whoever did that?"

<@Elizabeth> "Who the h-hell are you?" She asked outloud to the shadows, turning round trying to find the thing she could feel in the full shadows upon the ceiling.

<Aodhfionn> "Your shadows?" The voice was incredulous, hissing and directionless. "Yours? Pretentious little wench, aren't you?" Another laugh that suddenly switched, coming from ground level and then back to ceiling again. "Do you really want them back again, little girl?"

<Melody> "Ugh, what a pretentious little dickwad," Mel was starting to sound annoyed now, "I think a few zombie rat nibbles should sort this asshole out," she let out a sharp whistle and all dead things that scurried ran to her.

<Cassie_> "You can keep them," Cassandra scowled in response, feet hovering several inches above the floor already. "There are plenty more where these came from." The girl's form turned to total darkness, its human shape blurring, as several ink-black tentacles surged forth from the pathway tearing up in her center.

<Aodhfionn> There was a flicker of the apparition again, red eyes over a grin that was too wide, too full of fangs, ragged white hair visible for a moment before the shadows swallowed it again. "Ooooooh. Down, girl." Was she shadow? Could he control that like he could darkness?

<@Elizabeth> Elizabeth was just concentrating on keeping her light stick up, as she looked around for the source, unless she could see it she couldn't hit it. "Told you, p-playing with a toddler."

<Melody> There was the creep, with a flick of her wrist Mel ordered her rats and mice to swarm the figure.

<Cassie_> "I know we haven't even really moved into the place, but if that guy keeps this up, I won't hesitate to tear it all down around him until I've found him." Cassandra's constructs barged through doors and shattered some of the already cracked windows, slithering through the hallways on the hunt of her prey.

<Aodhfionn> He watched Cassie with utter fascination, moving easily between the shadows, trying to take the living darkness and though he was able to push against them, he couldn't control them. He wasn't all that bothered by the dead things, they were easy enough to avoid...well, until he felt something on his head. He froze, a quiet, high-pitched sound leaving him that was definitely not human.

<Aodhfionn> Slowly, a cheerful, dead little spider climbed over his hair and dropped onto his shoulder, scuttling down to his hand. And the air was split by a blood-curdling shriek, followed by the sound of mad scrabbling and something falling gracelessly off something high.

<Cassie_> "Did I get him?" Cassandra asked, pausing her shadowy hunt. "I don't think I did..."

<Melody> The swarm of rats halted and melody grinned to herself, "... I think your 'demon' is an arachnephobe," she remarked, before chaneling more energy into the spider corpses in the area and homing in on the screaming.

<Elizabeth> The spider ended up landing on Elizabeth, although she jumped abit there wasn't any shrieking from her just giving it an odd look before following where that scream had come from. "I think something did..."

<Aodhfionn> "Nononononofucknoanythin'butthat-" There was more scrabbling and the voice was becoming panicked before there was a blur of white up a wall, even the shadows dropping for a moment in the creature's haste to get the hell away from the spider zerg rush. "Fuck off fuck off fuck off-" The shadows closed over him again and he was hidden from view, though there was a definite panicked panting somewhere...

<Cassie_> "Whatever you did, I like it," Cassandra commented and snickered mischievously.

<Elizabeth> She couldn't help but giggle through her nerves then. "Some one scared of a fuzzy little spider? Is the great darkness running from a little invertebre?"

<Melody> "Undead spider zerg rush, you're welcome," the tiny bug horde skittered up the wall in hot persuit of the shadows.]

<Elizabeth> Elizabeth lifted the one off her shoulder and held it by the wall to jump off and join it's comrades. "As ok as I am with spiders, can you get the cockroaches away from me?"

<Aodhfionn> "Oh holy fuckin' shitfuck bollockin'-" A very British, very cockney accent came from the shadows as another blur of white proved that the spidery little bastards had found him. "Fuck off I am not edible! Fuckfuckfuck-"

<Cassie_> "Apparently someone doesn't like to play anymore." Cassandra smirked, retracting the summoned darkness back into the otherwordly portal spiralling in the middle of her body, gradually returning to her human form.

<Elizabeth> "Spider formation gooo! foods that way!" Chuckling alittle now as her nerves died down and she watched the entertainment roll out.

<Aodhfionn> "Call y' fuckin' eight-legged demons off!! Uncle, uncle, y' found somethin' scarier'n me!"

<Elizabeth> "You obviously haven't met Farouk yet!"

<Aodhfionn> "If he's another spider, I don't want to!"

<Melody> "If he couldn't take the heat, shouldda stayed out the kitchen."

<Aodhfionn> There was another blur, and this time the horde was completely encased in the shadows, making it impossible for them to see or feel him. The creature was panicking so much, though, that he'd completely forgotten to hide himself, jammed in a corner of the room near the ceiling. He was completely white, except the eyes and black jeans, and shaking visibly. "Make 'em stop please."

<Elizabeth> "I wonder if I could make him think there were spiders everywhere?" Jumping as the darkness came again minue the white demon in the corner. "There!" Pointing with the glowing lightsaber thing of her power.

<Cassie_> Tilting her head, Cassandra hovered a little closer to get a better look at what had turned out to be a ghastly white boy. "Now look at what we've caught," she said, arching her eyebrows. "Don't tell me this is another long lost member of the St. Commons brood."

<Aodhfionn> He realised he was visible as Cassie hovered in front of him, solid red eyes wide and glowing in the dark. He had no pigment to skin or hair, completely white, fingers ending in claws and fangs pressing against his lower lip. He was a big lad, well built and shaking like a leaf in terror.

<Elizabeth> Elizabeth clicked over, shaking alittle and occassionally looking over her shoulder. "Think it's fun to pick on people do you?"

<Melody> "Not anymore he doesn't," Mel followed Liz over, trailing the undead critters behind her.

<Aodhfionn> "Frankly, yeah, th' looks on your faces was priceless." His voice was shaking still, looking about ready to bolt if there was the slightest movement of anything with more legs than there should be. "Alrigh', look, I ain' a ghost or a demon, I'm a squatter, an' scarin' you aside it's useful as fuck when it comes to makin' sure no one finds me here an' arrests me. That's th' truth. No more spiders, please?"

<Elizabeth> "Depends, you going to keep on pulling stunts like that on the new tenants of the building." Waving her powers away and switching her flashlight back on, at least that hid some of her shaking.

<Aodhfionn> "Depends if it's enough of a laugh an' I don' actually upset people too much." He slowly pulled himself up, eyeballing the floaty girl and hands flat on the wall behind him. He was shaking as much as the girl in PVC. "Spookin's funny, outright terrifyin' someone is jus' bein' an asshole." He swallowed. "...Wait. New...tenants? Is tha' what the buildin' work's for?" He let the shadows come back, the world given definition once more.

<Melody> "No, we're just doing some urban camping while some apprentice builders are working on gaining experience in construction," Melody rolled her eyes.

<Elizabeth> "Our building now, creepy asshole squatters not appreciated." Glaring even as she shook, she could still remember the petrol pouring like a river thanks to that freak out earlier.

<Aodhfionn> "Ah ah, creepy homeless mutant squatter, thanks." He was in a corner and he knew it, and he could smell the serious fear coming from Elizabeth. "Oh fuck, I really got t' you, didn't I?" He actually looked sorry then. "Listen, I jus' wanted to be left alone, I've been doin' it for th' last few months...th' builder's've been in the other wings, not here, figured I was safe. Didn' know..." He trailed off awkwardly.

<Elizabeth> "Join the club." Rolling her eyes she dropped the eye contact and didn't bother engaging it again. "Just don't do it again jerk, otherwise we'll find worse thinsg then spiders to scare you off with clear?"

<Elizabeth> Huffing she turned around and stalked off for the stairs. "Come on girls the basment looked pretty interesting this morning." Cassie and Melody sniffing in distaste at the lad before leaving after Liz.

<Aodhfionn> "Whoo, I got told." He rolled his eyes right back, before the shadows wrapped around him again. He considered going after them again, before shaking his head and disappearing up into the rafters, climbing into his warm nest. New tenants, huh...maybe if he made them think he'd gone...yeah. A grin went across his face. This was gonna be fun.
Those who know, don't say; those who don't, say too much.

Aodhfionn 'Fianna' MacDuibh's Character Blog (for Nightscrawler's RPG)

My (NSFW) Art/General Blog || My Trans Blog || My (SFW-ish) Art
Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator
Title: SCP-3068
Nightscrawlearth Character: :selene :mayhem :icarus :warren :sabretooth

Re: Christmas 2016: The Ghost of Christmas

Post by Scumfish »

<@Carol> Carol stood on the short path from the parking lot and waited to see who turned up for the tour of the construction site that she'd offered to give. It was snowing again but most of the concrete paths were clear. The lawn between the building the staff and students were currently living in and the main complex, however, was about three feet deep in the stuff. She wondered if they'd walk around or through it.

<Cessily> Cessily already waved at the blonde woman from some distance away. "Good morning, Miss Danvers!" the silver-skinned girl called, while continuing her waddling pace through the snow. Being a shape-shifter had many interested uses - one of them apparently the ability to turn your feet into snow-shoes.

<@Carol> "Hi," Carol offered the girl a smile, though it was more out of amusement at her decision to go over the snow. "You all settled in okay over there?"

<Shaw> The rental car hadn't been made for this much snow, and neither had his shoes, so Sebastian stood at the trunk and just stared out at the expanse of snow. He was not wading through that.

<Cessily> "Well, we're still working on that part," Cessily replied, slowing her step as she got closer to the other woman. "The lights seem to work most of the time now, but I think I'll wait for a little while longer before moving in here full time. Thankfully, Sebastian... Mr. Shaw has provided us with free lodging at his club for the time being."

<Aodhfionn> There was a flicker at one of the higher windows, a pale face there and then suddenly not, as if the darkness behind it had swallowed it. It had not looked happy.

<@Carol> "We're working as fast as we can but a lot of the floors aren't safe to walk on so they've had to take them up and start over.... the building we put you guys in was practically falling down so that took a while too." She pushed a hand through her hair then wiped it on her jeans as it was wet from the snow that had settled there. "They're going to take a look at the lights and the plumbing tomorrow."

<Cessily> "Oh, I didn't mean to complain," Cessily was quick to point out, hopping out of the snow to join Carol on the cleared pathway. "It's amazing what you guys are doing for us. I really can't thank you enough." She looked around, trying to spot any sign of her colleague. "Hm... Mr. Shaw has said he wanted to join us..."

<Shaw> Arms crossed over his chest, Sebastian looked out over the complex of buildings - what he could see from here anyway. It was... well, frankly, he would condemn the lot of them.

<Shaw> Historical value or not, the cost of renovation would be astronomical.

<@Carol> "Well the way I see it, SHIELD owes you guys so don't worry about it." She waved her hand dismissively, "Do you want to call him and see where he is?" she glanced round at the building.

<Cessily> "I think he wanted to come by car, so perhaps we could just head over to the parking lot and wait for him there," Cessily suggested, pausing a moment while she smiled at the SHIELD officer. "Could you lead the way, please?"

<@Carol> "Sure," she headed for the lawn which was the fastest way. Normally she'd have flown but, as the teacher couldn't do likewise, she decided to be nice and melted a path through the snow as she went. "They'll be pissed at me for doing this later but I'm in charge here so..."

<Cessily> "Ooh, that's pretty handy," Cessily remarked, turning her feet back into their normal shape. She hastily slipped back into the pair of boots she had carried along by their strings, then hurried after Carol. "Never again cold office coffee, right?"

<@Carol> "Yeah, it's pretty great for that... not that I mind cold coffee. You kind of get used to just drinking it however it comes..." she gave a shrug, "Even the awful stuff you get from cafeteria vending machines."

<Aodhfionn> Narrowed red eyes watched the two crossing the snowy lawn from a window. Fianna was shivering in the hoodie, his shadows not precisely good for keeping heat in, watching the arrival of the two women and the man at the parking lot. He wasn't used to snow. Fuck's sake, London got slush. Was this what the girls had been talking about with the new tenants?

<Cessily> "Ew, that stuff is just mean," Cessily commented and made a face, while pulling the stuffed jacket she wore tighter around her neck. "Please tell me we aren't getting one of those." She gave the taller woman an almost pleading look. "If there's anything you'll have to call in some favours or pull some strings for, some decent coffee machines are on the very top of my list."

<Aodhfionn> ...Was that chick silver?

<Shaw> Sticking to the cleared paths and the thin patches of snow, Sebastian started to wander the parking lot, headed for the nearest building.

<@Carol> "I'm pretty sure they'll get decent coffee when we're almost done... for now though it's all government issue whatever the hell they try to poison us with." She gave Cess an apologetic look, "Boston has some nice places though if you're really craving proper coffee."

<Cessily> "Oooh, you'll have to show me sometime," Cessily said, beaming a smile at Carol. "The coffee would be on me, too." She caught something moving out of the corner of her eye. "Oh, I think I can see him," the shiny girl exclaimed, quickening her step as she slipped past the SHIELD officer. "Sebastian! Over here!"

<@Carol> "If I can find a spare couple of hours, sure..." She continued melting her way through the snow so they could get back to the main complex easier.

<Shaw> He turned on his heel, away from a government-issue tent, and saw Cessily coming his way, and beyond her the SHIELD agent melting the snow. Now why hadn't she done that ten minutes ago? "Cessily, hello," he greeted once he was within comfortable distance. "It's... very white up here."

<Cessily> "Yes, isn't it just gorgeous?" Cessily wore an excited grin as she stepped up to Sebastian's side - a little too quickly as she slipped and nearly fell over on the icy pavement. "It's like winter vacation in the mountains. Just... with an abandoned creepy asylum instead of cozy huts."

<@Carol> "Formerly abandoned and former asylum," Carol corrected. "Well unless you're talking to some people then the argument could be made that it's still full of crazy people..."

<Shaw> He automatically reached out to steady her. "It seems... fitting," he said with a smirk, looking up at the massive brick building of the main hospital. It was solid on the outside, but he shuddered to think what the inside looked like.

<@Carol> "Nice of you to join us," she put her hands in the back pocket of her jeans as the orange glow faded from them.

<Aodhfionn> Red eyes met Shaw's for a moment before his shadows automatically covered him again, hiding him from view.

<Cessily> "Have you seen how big this place is?" Cessily asked, holding on to Sebastian's arm until she was no longer in danger of landing on her ass. "We could even afford to give every student their own room."

<Shaw> His eyes narrowed, catching movement in one of the uncovered windows, but it didn't repeat itself. The hair on the back of his neck rose.

<Aodhfionn> Looked like he was going to have to step up his game if he'd want to be left alone. Having the girls catch him had been bad, but he'd made it obvious he'd left, as it were, even letting them see him walk out. Fuckit, it always worked on previous squatters and the odd builder who'd come in too far...

<@Carol> "That's the plan," Carol gave Cess another smile, "And the staff can have their own space too." She gestured to the Gray Gables building. "So where would you like to start out?"

<Shaw> He realized that Cessily had been talking to him, and looked down at her. "I'm sorry... my mind was wandering."

<Cessily> "No worries," she told Sebastian, a small smile on her lips. "I think this place does that to you." Cessily looked back over her shoulder and tucked some of her red hair behind her ear. "Well, why don't we beginning?" She turned her smile on Carol.

<@Carol> "Okay then... well, as we're over here I guess we can start with this building..." she gestured to a large redbrick building. "It used to be a nurses home but that's going to be a gym for you, next to that there's the old hospital... which we were thinking we'd convert into apartments so your students can get used to living in the real world... or for the ones that have kids so they don't piss the rest of the student body off."

<Shaw> Many of the windows were still boarded over on the massive Kirkbride-style building, but those that weren't stared out over them like empty sockets. "Are your people working in this end of the building?" He waved his free arm at the section closest to the parking lot.

<Cessily> "I'm sure they can't wait to play doctor in the old hospital," Cessily commented, her awkward humour bringing a lopsided smile to her face.

<@Carol> Carol blinked at him, glancing over the building, "Uh no, not today... they're not due to start in there for a couple of weeks yet.... why?"

<Aodhfionn> There was the impression of a figure darting across one of the windows. It was way too fucking cold for him to want to take off the hoodie, but at this distance, all they'd see was the pale hands and face anyway before he disappeared again.

<Shaw> "It's noth-" he started, then stopped at another flash of movement.

<@Carol> She raised an eyebrow as her eyes caught the movement, "Could just be some kids... they sneak onto the site a lot - ghost hunters and whatever. I can go up and scare them off if you like."

<Cessily> Cessily looked between Sebastian and the building he was staring at, trying to spot what he must have seen. "Is something wrong, Sebastian?" she asked, before turning to Carol. "I guess this place is really popular with the local kids, no? Even though it's quite far out."

<@Carol> "Oh yeah... I grew up in Boston - there was a lot of stories about this place... Actually I even sneaked in here once or twice when I was a kid." She gave them a rueful grin, "Got my ass in a lot of trouble."

<Shaw> The tingle intensified as he stared up at the building, searching the windows, but always returning to that one in particular.

<Aodhfionn> They were all looking up at the window. Good. He was hidden in his shadows, peering out between a couple of boards. It'd take a bit of concentration at this distance, but...as one, their shadows began to grow and change shape, becoming mishappen, winged things on the snow.

<Cessily> "Oh, I already wondered why you're so familiar with this place," Cessily remarked, her eyes still on the female officer. "It must be strange for you to see this childhood memory being turned into..." Her voice drifted off, gaze drifting to the ground, where their shadows had begun to... change?

<@Carol> Carol shifted her gaze from the window to the silver girl, "Turned into what? Something resembling the nuthouse it used to be?"

<Shaw> Cessily's interrupted statement and her fingers digging into his arm made Sebastian first look at her, then at the thing that made her eyes go wide. "You," he started softly after a moment, "see that as well, then?"

<@Carol> Carol followed both their gazes to the surface of the snowy ground. "What in the hell....?"

<Aodhfionn> He couldn't help the smirk as he watched them staring at the ground. The shadows didn't just change shape and stay flat, however - chewing his lip in concentration, the mutant shadows darkened and began to push themselves up, bulking out as they did, wisps curling around them like smoke.

<Shaw> "Is Cassandra here?" It was the only explanation for this.

<Cessily> Cessily blinked, before letting out an undignified squeak as she took a little leap backwards. Her gaze moved from side to side as she looked for the familiar raven-haired head of her prime suspect. "This is not funny, Cassie!" she called into a random direction. "Oh, this cheeky St. Commons girl."

<@Carol> Carol eyed the warped shadows, eyebrow raised, "Well that's different..." of course, she was used to such shenanigans so she shrugged it off, "Shall we then?" She gestured to the main Kirkbride complex, "Unless you'd like to stay out here in the cold?"

<Aodhfionn> Fuck, one of the moved. At this distance, the control was hard, and with a sudden jerk, the shadows fell apart into wisps, disintegrating into the air and snow. He swore quietly, panting a little, watching the three. Oh well, plenty in here to play with.

<Shaw> Though he was unnerved, Sebastian schooled his expression. St. Commons was toying with them. That was all it was. And when the shadows vanished, it confirmed his belief. "No, let's have a look inside."

<Cessily> "Oh, I think I know who's responsible for this," Cessily commented, letting her gaze drift once more across the snow-covered estate, before she turned to follow their guide. "I'll have a word with the young miss the next time I see her."

<Aodhfionn> Pushing up, he blurred through the building, moving silently through it and sliding down banisters until he got to the entrance hall, climbing up to sit on a rafter and wait. As he did, he filled the entire room top to bottom with thick, cloying shadow.

<@Carol> Carol gave them a smile, leading them across the lawn again towards the entrance to the admin block where most of the work was currently happening as they prepared the three main floors and make them habitable. "There should also be coffee around somewhere."

<Cessily> "Ooh, goodie!" Cessily performed a merry little skip at the promise of coffee. "That should be our first station then."

<Shaw> He had to agree on this, smirking slightly at Kincaid's antics. "Coffee would be appreciated."

<@Carol> "I can't promise it'll be good coffee..." she pointed out, leading the way up the steps and baring right towards the former super-intendant's office. "... Huh. Who turned out the lights?" she stopped, trying to remember where the switches were but failing so she raised a hand to use her powers to light them instead.

<Aodhfionn> As they opened the doors, it was to a veritable wall of darkness. Despite the generators, the snow and everything else, the light stopped a foot in and nothing penetrated it. Though Carol's hand glowed, that was it - not even that went through.

<Cessily> "Oh good, we found the door leading to the bizarro dimension," Cessily commented, staring wide-eyes at the impenetrable darkness right in front of them. "I don't think I need coffee that badly any more..."

<Aodhfionn> Fianna, on the other hand, could see through it just as well as if it had been flooded with light. He grinned to himself. Damnit, he wished he'd had some warning to set this up properly. "Good afternoon." The voice was low and cultured. "And welcome to my home. I'm afraid visiting hours are over, may I ask who you're here to see?"

<Shaw> "Cassandra," he said, pitching his voice to carry. The voice that responded didn't sound like Cassandra, however.

<Aodhfionn> "I'm sorry, we don't have a patient by that name." No, because Cassandra was very much not male - wait, was that the shadowy floaty chick from the other day? Damn, even her name was gothy. Nice.

<Cessily> "Maybe she got someone to help her with her little pranks," Cessily remarked, cautiously leaning forward as she tried to look through the thick wall of blackness.

<@Carol> Carol frowned at the darkness, firing off the blast of concussive light to see if it could illuminate anything and hoping it didn't break anything on the way. "You're tresspassing on government property."

<Shaw> "It would seem." Sebastian stepped forward and reached into the darkness. Again, his skin prickled, but it was simply shadow. He had very little desire to lower his shielding to sense what minds were at work.

<Aodhfionn> The darkness swallowed it, and while there was the sound of it hitting something the light itself was gone. Fianna watched it with interest, however, blinking. So...two mutants and a bloke. Hah, that hot, he had to have a mutation. "I'm sorry, but if you insist on cauing a disturbance I'll have security remove you." Government? "We have some delicate patients here and I will not allow you to disturb them."

<@Carol> Carol's eyes narrowed, a flicker of energy passing over her as her clothing shifted from civilian to military. "You're still trespassing on government property, it's very cute that you're trying to scare me but you're really wasting your time."

<Aodhfionn> Oooooooh. Military. He grinned, shifting over a little. He let the silence stretch, before the shadow seemed to ripple. "...Good afternoon, and welcome to my home. I'm afraid visiting hours are over, may I ask who you're here to see?"

<Cessily> "Okay, this has been very funny and cute, but would you please cut it out now?" Cessily asked, staying near the frame of the door, only peeking around the corner to stare into the unsettling darkness. "I only want a cup of coffee..."

<Shaw> "A mutant squatter, is it then?" He explored the edge of the darkness, but wasn't inclined to enter.

<@Carol> "Sure as hell looks that way." Carol had no such fear of the darkness and strode into it to see if there was an end to it.

<Aodhfionn> The darkness rippled again. "I would appreciate if you didn't call my patients mutants, sir." The darkness clustered as Carol walked into it, before it suddenly fell back - every shadow. There was no definition, the world suddenly flat and featureless...except for a seething mass up in the corner.

<Cessily_> "You think this is not Cassie's doing then?" Cessily asked, still wary as she took a careful step into the room. She wasn't sure what was more unsettling - the total darkness before, or this strangely uniform lighting.

<Aodhfionn> "I'm sorry, we don't have a patient by that name."

<Shaw> "I don't know what's going on, but it's either a very elaborate prank, or something else altogether." He moved forward into the room, looking around and focusing on the locus of writhing shadow in the corner.

<@Carol> "Okay at least now we can see where the coffee is." She turned on her heel and headed for the relevant office. She needed coffee before she dealt with whatever the hell that was.

<Aodhfionn> "I do not joke, sir, neither do I have a sense of humour. If you are not here to visit a patient, may I ask your reason for visiting?"

<Cessily_> "Do you think I should poke it, whatever it is?" Cessily asked, leaning closer to Sebastian without taking her eyes off the dark corner in the room. She demonstratively held up her hand, elongating her index finger into a pointy tip.

<Aodhfionn> Even as he was talking, he was being busy, and a shadowy figure was forming out of the floor under him. Tall, wrapped completely in shadows and blurring as it seemed to take off a tophat, it regarded the three seriously.

<Shaw> "I believe it's making the poking easier for you," he said with a smirk, crossing his arms to watch the show.

<@Carol> Carol returned from the office, three cups of coffee in hand. Taking a sip from one of the cups she offered the other two to Sebastian and Cessily.

<Cessily_> "So, who are you?" Cessily asked, slightly lowering her hand, even though the tips of her fingers remained sharpened. She took the offered cup with the other hand. "Thank you."

<Aodhfionn> "The owner of this establishment, and I do not take kindly to interlopers." The apparition seemed in a constant state of flux, as if having trouble holding shape. Oh hell, that coffee smelt good and reminded him that he was hungry. Maybe when they left he could break into the office?

<Shaw> With a slight shrug he accepted the cup with a thank you. "I think you'll find the federal government has assumed ownership of this facility from the state," he said, taking a disinterested sip.

<@Carol> "You don't own anything. This is government property." Carol frowned, "And I'm overseeing this project so unless you want me to send some people in to drag you out, I suggest you introduce yourself properly."

<Cessily_> "Not to mention our new home," Cessily pointed out, her coffee in hand.

<Aodhfionn> There was something...wrong with the shadows beyond the room. Government property and a chick in military uniform? Fianna was starting to get the idea he might have picked on the wrong people. Maybe a tactical retreat was the better option - for now. The figure fell apart and the writing shadows dropped to the floor, ran deeper in and disappeared. Or...well...seemed to.

<Cessily_> Cessily raised her eyebrows when the shadowy figure vanished and reached up to clutch her hot cup of coffee with both hands. "Did I say something wrong?" the silver girl asked. "I think I scared him off."

<@Carol> "I guess it's choosing option B." She shrugged a shoulder, "I'll make a call or something later... give it time to change its mind." She had another sip of coffee.

<Shaw> Warily, he moved over to the area where the shadow-thing had been, checking along the wall for seams as he slowly sipped the coffee. It wasn't the best, but it was hot and black.

<Cessily_> "Do you think we just found another of Cassandra's long lost family members?" Cessily asked, looking at Sebastian while she raised the cup to take a careful sip. "Whoever... whatever that was... he seems to have shadow powers much like hers."

<Aodhfionn> In reality, Fianna was hiding just beyond the doors, thinking (and trying to ignore coffee, god stomach not now) and thinking fast. He was kidding himself if he thought he could scare government out of a sprawling building. That was twice a mutant had called this their new home, and...well...he was freezing, hungry...

<Shaw> "I wouldn't rule out anything at this point." He opened the door.

<Aodhfionn> ...Which gave Shaw an interesting impression of a shadow scrabbling the hell away from the door to join with the rest, a hiss of surprise coming from it as it did. Holy fuck, did the guy not make any noise?!

<@Carol> "I'm sure we can ask when the theatrics get boring." Another flicker of energy passed over her as she switched back into her civilian clothing. "I'd take you guys upstairs but I think they're still working on the floor at the moment. They'll be the dorm rooms when they're done."

<Shaw> Dropping the coffee, he bolted after the shadow until he lost it with its companions. "You're unwilling to show yourself now? After you went to so much effort just a moment ago? How disappointing."

<@Carol> "Wh- hey!" Carol frowned at the puddle of coffee, such a waste.

<Cessily_> Cessily jumped, spilling some of her coffee over her jacket, giving her two reasons to squeak again. "Can we continue to tour outside, please?" she asked. "I'd much rather be outside now."

<Aodhfionn> Oh fuck, hot dude was fast and irritated, not good. Fianna was pressed up against the wall, looking for a fast way out. Spotting the other door he tried to move as quietly as he could, instinctively thickening the shadows around him. Softly softly...

<@Carol> Carol put her own coffee down on top of a heating unit to follow Shaw. "It's just a kid, Miss Kincaid, nothing to be afraid of."

<Shaw> Sebastian paused, then smiled. He could hear footsteps - soft sounds of movement. He darted toward the sound, then noticing the other door. He had him now.

<Cessily_> "Hey, I'm not afraid!" Cessily started after Carol, then stopped and turned around. After finding a spot to store her own coffee, she hurried after the others. "I'm just done with being stalked in creepy hallways!"

<Aodhfionn> He pulled up short as his way was blocked, doubling back to the other door - where the two women were. Fuck. This would be where being able to teleport would be really useful. Well, he could either lurk and hope they left him alone or he could man up and maybe get a warm meal. Choices.

<@Carol> "Okay, kid, last chance before I make a phonecall." She put her hand in her pocket to retrieve her cell.

<Shaw> "He's in the room." Sebastian leaned against the door, arms crossed again and head tilted as he strained to hear the soft movements and breathing.

<Aodhfionn> ...Warm meal won out. Plus that guy was looking a little creepy now. "Okay, okay, y' won, you got me." This time his voice was much more normal, if still deep and a little odd. The shadows fell away to reveal a tall guy in a hoodie and jeans, shivering a little. His skin was white, and red eyes went between their faces, back to the wall. "No ghost, just a creepy kid."

<Cessily_> Cessily paused, staring in surprise for just a brief moment, before her kind nature took over and replaced the startled expression on her face with a smile. "Why, hello there," she said, trying to look as calm as possible. "See? That's much better already . There's no need to be scared of each other."

<Shaw> "Better." He smirked, pushing off the wooden door, which creaked a bit under his weight. Sebastian moved closer to the boy, studying him. "Miss Kincaid may speak a tad too soon. Why are you here?"

<@Carol> Carol removed her hand from her pocket, leaving her cell where it was. The kid was clearly cold, she could see he was shivering. "Come back into the main hall, it's warmer in there." She gestured towards the door to the atrium.

<Cessily_> "Oh right, he's the bad cop," Cessily pointed out, gesturing at Sebastian. "I always get stuck with the good cop part for some reason."

<Aodhfionn> Fianna wasn't moving an inch, the silver girl and the hot blond with the military kink getting a worried smile and then his attention on the guy. Hoo. "Honestly? Live here. Yeah yeah, I know, homeless brat squattin' on government property, worked out fine for me for the las' coupla months." He might have been the same height as the guy but hoo boy did he feel a lot smaller right now, head ducking in anwer to it.

<@Carol> "It's the boobs." Carol told Cess with a sage-like nod. "Well it wasn't needed for anything until a few weeks ago so it wasn't as populated."

<Shaw> "How convenient a mutant squatter chose the future home of Xavier's school," he said, teeth bared at the boy. Sebastian decided to move closer, as he saw he was having the desired effect on the pale youth.

<Aodhfionn> "Xavier's what-now?" The name rang a bell. "Listen, can y' drop the bad-cop act? Only I get defensive when someone does that shit and no one wants me t' get lippy. I'm sorry for pullin' the ghost thing on you but...well..."

<Shaw> He smiled at the implication it was an act.

<Cessily_> "Actually, I believe we're not too different," Cessily pointed out, offering the pale boy a comforting smile. "As we recently lost our old home, we're mutant squatters here in some way, as well."

<Aodhfionn> "...Creepy smile, I swear down you touch me and I'm gonna go tell Pedo-bear."

<@Carol> Carol wished she'd brought her coffee with her, "If it's a set up... not it."

<Aodhfionn> Without taking his eyes off the guy, Fianna turned to Cessily. "Yes, sure, we're exactly alike, I mean y've got a government-sanctioned home and you're stayin' somewhere pretty damned cushy, it's exactly like squattin' in a half-destroyed nuthouse and havin' to steal shit, right?" He couldn't help it, the nerves were making him snappy, red eyes flaring a little.

<Cessily_> "I'm sorry," the shiny girl apologised, her expression turning serious. "I didn't mean to say you had no rough times. it's just... so did we lately."

<Shaw> "Your defensive posturing is most entertaining, however, we weren't the ones crying ghost. Also, you are a long way from your homeland. Surely, you can see how all this seems a little coincidental."

<@Carol> "You must have realised you'd have been caught out eventually once we moved into the area," Carol frowned. "We're renovating the place with good reason so we're not going to be scared off by a fake haunting or a real one."

<Aodhfionn> "Not really, no. Listen, I know when I'm beat, if you want me ou' I'll leave." He finally took his eyes off Shaw and looked at Cessily, tongue going over his fangs, looking the sullen, defensive teenager and hating it. He hated being intimidated. "I don't have a fuckin' clue why you're here - well, I didn't - but I have my own reasons to be in the good ol' Land of the Free." He sniffed.

<Cessily_> Cessily perked up at Carol's words, her head turning to stare at the blonde woman. "Real hauntings?" the silver girl asked, sounding unsettled. "Are you saying there are not just fake ghosts here?"

<Aodhfionn> "Far as I was concerned, you were a buncha rival squatters, place this big has plenty." He rubbed an arm, claws sliding out for a moment as he tried to push the defensiveness down. "So what y' gonna do? Chase me out? Hope you'll let me get my shit first. Call th' police? I'll be gone by th' time they get here."

<@Carol> "No one's telling you to leave," Carol said to the boy, "We just want to know who you are." She looked over at Cessily, giving a shrug, "There're stories."

<Shaw> The boy had quite a range of visible mutations and he inventoried them with interest.

<Aodhfionn> "Aodhfionn fuckin' MacDuibh, if you can handle tha' mouthful. If not, Fianna'll do. Pleased t' meet you. If you're gonna undress me wit' your eyes, mate, can y' at least fold my clothes up? An' no inappropriate behaviour until I know your name." He eyed Shaw up nervously.

<@Carol> Carol couldn't help the amused smirk at the comment to Shaw before she cleared her throat, "Coffee?"

<Cessily_> The smile returned to Cessily's face as she looked back at the boy, even though his pale appearance didn't help to get her mind off scary ghosts. "Don't worry, our school has never driven anyone away, especially not when they're in need of shelter," she assured the spooky kid. "No matter where we may go, we're going to keep Xavier's spirit alive."

<Cessily_> The talk of spirits made her think of ghosts even more. Cessily shuddered.

<Shaw> "You aren't quite my type," he smirked, but extended a hand nonetheless. "Sebastian Shaw."

<Cessily_> "My name is Cessily Kincaid," the silver girl introduced herself, revealing a sweet smile as she raised her hand to wave at the boy.

<Aodhfionn> "Yes, oh god yes, I don't care what th' fuck happens so long as there's coffee please." He eyed up the hand as if it was about to bite him, before taking it in his own white one. "...Shame, you ain't bad looking. Pleasure, kid." Xavier's...why the hell did that ring a bell? "So...what, you're offerin' a place? What's the catch?"

<Cessily_> "There is none," Cessily assured him, maintaining her smile. "As you can probably see, the one thing we have more than enough of is free space."

<@Carol> "You have to live with the rest of us, that's the catch." Carol replied, "Lieutenant Colonel Danvers... or Agent Danvers," she gestured for him to follow her to the coffee, mostly because she wanted hers back.

<Shaw> He released the boy's hand after a firm shake and committed the name to memory. Nodding for him to follow Danvers, he slid his hands into his coat pockets.

<Aodhfionn> "Forgive me f' not saluting." He drawled, still eying Shaw up suspiciously. He did not like something about that man. Still...coffee. He felt oddly naked without his shadows, so had them climb up his legs as he followed the agent, hiding his feet from view. Better. Not great, but better.

<@Carol> "You don't have to salute if you're not in the military." She picked up her coffee after stepping over the broken mug and the puddle and headed towards the office again.

<Cessily_> "I'm sure all the teenage boys at the school will like to stand at attention around you regardless," Cessily remarked, wearing a silly grin as she leaned closer to Carol.

<@Carol> Carol glanced over at her and laughed, shaking her head, "God, I hope not, that'd be awkward as hell."

<Aodhfionn> Fianna kept his silence on that subject. Probably for the best.

<@Carol> She poured a cup of coffee for the kid and held it out to him, "Not the best coffee you'll ever drink but it's not the worst I've ever had in the field so..." she gave a half shrug.

<Cessily_> "Are we going to leave him in someone's care, or should we take him along for the tour?" Cessily asked, her gaze shifting between Carol and Sebastian.

<Shaw> "It's rather likely he knows this place better than anyone, yes?" His own hands were cold in his pockets and he wished he'd just set the cup down before chasing shadows.

<Aodhfionn> He wrapped white fingers around the cup gratefully, curling around the warmth and taking a sip. "...Trus' me, missy, any coffee is better'n no coffee." He watched them all over the cup as he held it against his lips, hood pulled up over his hair. "Jus' a bit. Though I haven't been in the shit y're renovatin', for obvious reasons."

<@Carol> "Except for today," Carol pointed out, waving her own cup of coffee for emphasis.

<Cessily_> Cessily stepped up to Sebastian's side and offered to share her cup with a smile when she saw his own coffee had ended up on the floor.

<Aodhfionn> "Ffft. Come on, if you could fuck wit' shadows, you can't tell me y' wouldn't wanna screw with people at every chance, huh." He grinned unashamedly at her. "Also, who the fuck is this St. Commons thing everyone keeps comparin' me to?"

<Shaw> He returned Cessily's smile - this time sincere - but shook his head to decline. "Cassandra St. Commons. She has similar abilities to control shadows."

<Aodhfionn> "Oh. Right. Yeah, think I met her. She's cool." He paused, remembering the shadows. "Didn' like the fact I took her toys away. Looks good in a corset. That one?"

<@Carol> "My powers mess with things all on their own, they don't need my help." Carol smirked as she took a sip of coffee.

<Shaw> "That would be our Miss St. Commons, yes," he smirked.

<Cessily_> "And a similar attitude towards spooking people," Cessily pointed out, frowning when the pale boy described the female student pretty accurately. "Oh, so you've met her already? I assume you two would get along nicely. Actually, now I'm a bit worried that will..."

<Aodhfionn> "Her, a hot PVC chick and...some kinda girl that reanimates dead shit." He shuddered at that, and it wasn't put on. God, the spiders. He hadn't slept that day. At all.

<@Carol> "Well that sounds great..." she glanced at her watch, it had stopped again, "Damn it..." She took it off and tossed it onto the desk in the cluttered office. "I'm going to guess it's nearly lunch time."

<Cessily_> "Speaking of, is there any chance to get some food around here yet?" Cessily asked, the mentioning of lunch whetting her own appetite.

<Aodhfionn> And just to punctuate that, there was a loud, embaressing rumble from Fianna's stomach.

<@Carol> "Yeah, there's a field kitchen, I'll show you where it is - they're still working on the actual kitchens." She gestured to the door, "Guess we should see about getting our resident ghost some warmer clothes too."

<Cessily_> "He can have my jacket for starters," Cessily said, already taking it off. "I don't really need it that badly, anyway. Only wearing it out of habit."

<Aodhfionn> "Hey now, you don't - I mean-" He was not taking a woman's jacket, no matter how shiny, but...he was cold...he huffed. "...Th' moment you want it back, tell me, alright? Just...ain't used t' snow is all, I mean it snows a bit back ho-back in London but this..."

<@Carol> "Yeah, the winters here are pretty bad... I kind of missed them..." she wrinkled her nose, shaking her head at herself as she headed for the door. "Kitchens are this way."

<Cessily_> "Ah no, don't mention it." Cessily practically shoved the jacket into Fianna's hands. "I'll be fine." She then turned and quickened her steps to follow Carol. "Ooh, let's hope something good is on the menu today."

<@Carol> "Don't hold your breath," she grinned over her shoulder.

<Aodhfionn> Fianna downed the last of his coffee, gratefully wrapping the jacket around him. With one last look at Shaw, he hurried after them. Well...maybe for once his luck was in...
Those who know, don't say; those who don't, say too much.

Aodhfionn 'Fianna' MacDuibh's Character Blog (for Nightscrawler's RPG)

My (NSFW) Art/General Blog || My Trans Blog || My (SFW-ish) Art