Christmas 2017: Chris

Check out what goes on between semesters here!
JackSkulls
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Nightscrawlearth Character: :maverick :shaman

Christmas 2017: Chris

Post by JackSkulls »

<Christopher> Chris sat in his classroom bottles strewn across the different desks, two of his latest projects already half in the fire of his forge smoldering. It hurt too much for him to look at anything with Hope in it so soon after the break. The room obviously reeked of alcohol and pot but Chris wasn't slowing down.

<Paige> Paige made a face at the smell, following it. It wasn't wood smoke... well it wasn't all wood smoke, but it didn't smell like cigarettes either. The smell took her to Chris' forge. She paused in the doorway of Chris' room, instantly wondering if she should text Bobby for help. Bobby was working. She could do this. "Helllo?"

<Christopher> "Party for one. No room for more." Chris broke the top off a bottle and drowned himself with it.

<Paige> "Chris?" Paige questioned, taking a wary step into the room.

<Christopher> "Not home right now." Chris groaned and moved on to the next bottle. There were crates of over proof rum and plenty of other drinks lying around. "Gonna have to go get more or it won't last long enough." He mentioned to himself "Fuck I'm outa pot too."

<Paige> Well that wasn't going to happen. She swallowed hard and moved to Chris, keeping her eyes on him the whole time.

<Christopher> Chris opened another bottle and almost dropped it as he stumbled, spilling some of the rum. "Fuck me."

<Paige> Well she wouldn't be doing that, but she could offer him a hug. She placed a gentle hand on his arm when she got close enough. "Chris?"

<Christopher> "Oh! Hey you're real!" Chris gave her a drunken smile. "Oh uhmm you're uhh..." He snapped his fingers a few times. "Paige?"

<Paige> "Yes. Paige..." She smiled brightly at him. "Do you want to tell me what happened?"

<Christopher> "Hmm oh did I break something?" Chris twisted around looking for what she was talking about and almost fell.

<Paige> She grabbed onto him, trying to steady him. "Eeeeeasy there. You kind of broke... well... everything?" Was everything too broad? She looked around the destroyed room. Nope. Everything was about right.

<Christopher> "Oh oops." Chris took a swig from the rum. "I'll have to fix that before school. Wait are they back?"

<Paige> "No Chris, not yet." Paige took a closer look at all the damage. "Chris... what happened?"

<Christopher> "About ten bottles of rum three of whiskey that shit makes me have to pee uhhh... few six packs."

<Paige> "I feel like maybe I should get you some help. From a doctor that isn't me..." Paige tried to look at his eyes for pupil dilation.

<Christopher> "Pfft I heal!" Chris grinned. "It makes drinking hard though." He chugged down the bottle fast. "Wooo!”

<Paige> "Maaaaybe, and this is just a maybe, but maybe you should slow down a little? You aren't making much sense."

<Christopher> "Pffft but then I'll be sober. That isn't a state I want to be for a while."

<Paige> "And why don't you want to be sober, Chris?" Paige rubbed his back a little, trying to be soothing.

<Christopher> "Hmm? Oh that shit sucks." Chris slurred his words as the rum started to kick in.

<Paige> "Sometimes... when we're avoiding things. Is that what you are trying to do?"

<Christopher> "Not very well I broke a lot of stuff." He was staring at the forge and a few of his paintings as his dreaded healing factor started pushing the alcohol out again.

<Paige> "I can see that..." Paige looked over the destruction again for clues. "I think you did a lot of this drunk too though. Right? Maybe?"

<Christopher> "Possibly, don't remember." Chris sighed. "You're ruining my drunk. No offense." He put the bottle down and started to clean up a little.

<Paige> That was her whole idea. "I'm really sorry about that." She paused a moment, then started helping him clean up.

<Christopher> "You don't have to do that." Chris took a few deep breaths. "I hate this healing factor."

<Paige> That healing factor was possibly the only reason he was alive. "It's alright, Chris. I don't mind."

<Christopher> "Nah it's my mess to fix." He sighed. "Why did I stop drinking? Sorry Paige you probably don't want to spend your time with a drunk idiot."

<Paige> "I never said you were an idiot," she gave him a smile. "And I don't mind helping to clean up."

<Christopher> "Nope all me." Chris pulled the paintings out of the fire and the ones that couldn't be salvaged he just pushed in to burn away. "You're too nice."

<Paige> "I don't find you an idiot," she countered, trying to figure out what they were paintings of.

<Christopher> Chris motioned to the room. "You know the choices I make right? I was a gargoyle...." He stared at his hands for a minute his mind flashing back to when they were covered in blood.

<Paige> Did he not remember the things Bobby had done? She placed a hand over his. "But you aren't anymore."

<Christopher> "I still made the mistakes to get me there. Did you need something Paige or was I making too much noise."

<Paige> "Maybe I'm just here to talk?" she suggested.

<Christopher> "Oh? I didn't know we ever did that." Chris threw some trash away. "I'll have to deep clean this place there's glass everywhere."

<Paige> "Weeellllll that's why I was starting today!" Paige flashed him a smile. "We do work together after all."

<Christopher> "That we do, when I'm not canceling classes or locked up."

<Paige> "Doesn't look like either of those applies today, Chris!" She kept smiling at him.

<Christopher> "I guess not. You win this arguement." Chris still hadn't smiled, everything was eating away at him and being sober wasn't helping.

<Paige> "Yay! I won't let it go to my head," she laughed.

<Christopher> "So how is your winter break going?" He straightened up his tools.

<Paige> "Just fine really. Do you want to talk about yours?"

<Christopher> "Not really. It was okay... for a little bit. But nose dived there. And now I'm drinking so yeah."

<Paige> "I'm really sorry to hear that... from everything I've heard, you are a sweet guy."

<Christopher> "Heh, you've been talking to my students. They give me more credit than I deserve."

<Paige> "And Bobby. He said you like nerdy things too right?!"

<Christopher> "Oh yeah you and Bobberz are together aren't you?"

<Paige> "We are!" She smiled at him again.

<Christopher> "That's good. He's a pretty cool guy."

<Paige> Paige laughed at him, grinning. "Yeah he is, isn't he?"

<Christopher> "Can't hate a guy that loves the good Doctor." Chris checked for his sonic screwdriver making sure he didn't break it.

<Paige> "Who is your favorite doctor?" Paige asked, finding a afe, glass free place to sit.

<Christopher> "The Tenth obviously." Chris picked up the screwdriver and turned on his radio from the other side of the room with it.

<Paige> "I want one!" Paige squealed, hopping up to go inspect that thing closer. "Ten is totally the best. But I really like 12. He's like.. grumpy old man 10!"

<Christopher> "Meh. Can't beat Tenant." Chris let her look at the screwdriver. "Works on all electronics."

<Paige> "Well... I didn't say he was better.... I just said I like him. Grumpy old man ten!"

<Christopher> "True." Chris straightened up his desk. "Damn I bought a lot more alcohol than I thought I did." He ran his hand across a case.

<Paige> "Chris..." Paige spoke gently. "I can't help if I don't know what's wrong."

<Christopher> "I'll be fine Paige. It's not like I can really hurt myself. I just need time...." He sighed, it was going to be lonely.

<Paige> "If you say so... how about we plan something fun? Go carts or something! Do you like go carts?"

<Christopher> "I'm not really feeling fun right now. I bet you could get one of the other teachers too though."

<Paige> "Not letting you just stay here and drink and destroy things. I've been there."

<Christopher> "I can replace it." He chucked a mangled piece of metal. "You missed the tree destruction."

<Paige> Paige wasn't sure 'missed' was the right word for it. "I can get Bobby? If you'd rather? I know you don't know me that well."

<Christopher> "Don't know him very well either. He was already a teacher when I came to school and I didn't really have any of his classes."

<Paige> She smiled a bit, remembering taking classes with Bobby when they were students. "Who can I get you then?"

<Christopher> "I'll be fine." Chris managed to fake a smile. "I'm the loner off by the woods I'll survive. I was an eagle scout ya know."

<Paige> "Ooooo Eagle Scout! That's really impressive! What do you have to do in order to be one of those?"

<Christopher> "Lots of shit. It's changed a little since I did it, sadly it just keeps getting easier." Chris really didn't want to talk, but he didn't want to be rude either.

<Paige> Her hand went out for the quarter, but she quickly, and awkwardly, put that hand behind her back with her other one. "Oh yeah? How does it keep getting easier?"

<Christopher> "They take away requirements and give do this or this requirements." Chris flipped her a quarter, he knew about her famous swear jar. "Stay around me lately and you'll probably be rich."

<Paige> She caught the quarter, smiling a little. "I don't know what has you so down, Chris... but you aren't alone. I'm here. Bobby's here. We're all here for you."

<Christopher> "Hope broke up with me." Chris finally coughed up what she wanted. "Maybe we'll have another chance if she thinks she can do it but with all the crap we both went through she decided she needed time without me. To be herself. And I get it and I deserve worse but it still hurts."

<Paige> Paige moved to him, wrapping her arms around him. "I'm so, so sorry, Chris."

<Christopher> "Thanks, Not much I can do about it. I had it coming." Chris felt like he was standing over the corpses of the first family he murdered again. He felt like his heart was stopping.

<Paige> "I don't know about that, but you two have been through a lot. If it's meant to be... it will work out."

<Christopher> "It's my fault it got this bad... I was doing drugs and I drove her away. She cheated on me and I think that's what bothers her the most." Chris pulled up his chair and sat down.

<Paige> "Ouch... Chris. I'm so sorry!" Paige moved to take her own seat.

<Christopher> "I was a dumbass, and I pushed her away. It's my own fault.... all I can do is feel sorry for myself and try and get over it."

<Paige> "I don't know the inner-workings.... but just... don't wallow too long? Please? You're absolutely allowed to be sad. And when you're ready to pick up? We're all here for you."

<Christopher> "Thanks, I'll remember that. Maybe I'll manage to kick this by the time schools starts." He lied, he didn't even try to make it convincing.

<Paige> "Maybe so," she smiled at him. "I won't say it's going to be ok... but it will get better."

<Christopher> "Can you keep this between us? I don't want it getting around the school..."

<Paige> "Of course I will, Chris. You don't even have to ask."

<Christopher> "Thanks." Chris actually gave her a slight smile. "You're a nice person Paige. I can see what Bobby sees in you."

<Paige> She blushed at the compliment, tucking some of her hair behind her ear. "Thank you."
JackSkulls
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Re: Christmas 2017: Chris and Hope

Post by JackSkulls »

<Christopher> Chris had snuck into the school with plenty of alcohol and more pot this time. He made sure to light a few candles by the door to mask the scent too. His radio was up playing music and his door was locked, or so he thought. He got as comfortable as he could in his desk chair and started his drinking fest.

<Kat> Kat navigated the hallways of the school. She was still getting used to the layout of the school, but she pretty much figured it out. After long deliberation and sometime at the spa, she had decided to be Chris' bio TA. She had tried a few times to find him at his office to tell him, but he was never there. She approached his office. She could hear music playing, but she knocked on the door. He didn't answer. She knocked again, and when there was no response, she pushed the door open. "Chris?"

<Christopher> Chris had just finished off a bottle and had lit up a joint to start forgetting his troubles when she walked in. "Oh shit!" The chair toppled as she caught him off guard and he tried to hide his pot all at the same time.

<Kat> Kat watched as Chris fell out of his chair, an amused smile flit across her face. "You alright there? I didn't mean to interrupt your work." She paused, looked around, and sniffed. "Uh I mean your relaxation fest."

<Christopher> "Yeah... I'm fine." He really didn't want to speak to a student right now he wanted to be drunk. "You're okay. It can wait." Chris opened his drawer and pulled out glasses, he could at least be civilized about it if he was going to drink now that someone was present. "Do you want some?" Chris poured a very tall glass of scotch for himself.

<Kat> She closed the door, and took a seat across from Chris. "Um. I'll pass. More of a vodka girl myself."

<Christopher> "I have some of that too. Nothing to mix it with though." Chris searched through his box of bottles and pulled out a bottle of vodka.

<Kat> Kat accepted the bottle and took a smaller glass that was sitting on the edge of Chris' desk. She blew the dust out, and poured herself a substantial amount. She took a sip. "Chris are you okay? You usually don't encourage drinking with students."

<Christopher> "I'm fine." He lied as he took a gulp of the scotch, emptying half of it. His hand stopped for a minute as he went to poor himself more. "That wasn't too convincing was it?" Chris finished refilling his glass.

<Kat> "Not at all convincing. You might want to slow down. You know, so you don't get alcohol poisoning or anything." She took a sip of her vodka. "What's eating you so badly that you have to drink this much?"

<Christopher> "Can't. Healing factor pushes it out of my system too fast." Chris contemplated cutting himself just to show her how fast he healed, but he wasn't drunk enough yet to think that would be funny. "A lot," was the only answer he was going to give her in his present state.

<Kat> "So let me get this straight. You have to drink extradite amounts to actually get drunk, but you can't get liver poisoning. Why all that sounds like such a good time, it doesn't explain why you are actually drinking to such excess." She downed the rest of her vodka and poured more. She might need to be drunk for this.

<Christopher> "It's only fun when I buy crates to keep up with it." Chris tried to avoid the question that she had asked for a second time. "If you want to get drunk and you have a healing factor you better be rich."

<Kat> "Lucky man. You are both rich and have a healing factor. Very convenient." Kat debated on whether or not to talk to him about the TA thing or to push the drinking issue further. She opted to drink more vodka.

<Christopher> "Lucky my ass. If I stopped drinking I'd be sober in less than a minute." He pounded back the full glass. "I contemplated stealin an inhibitor so I could stay drunk."

<Kat> "Seems like there is a whole bunch of fuss to be sober in one minute." She took a large draw of her drink. She could get drunk and stay drunk. She offered him her glass. "Cheers."

<Christopher> "Over the lips past the gums look out liver here it comes." He clinked his glass against hers after pouring more into it then took a heavy swig.

<Kat> Kat downed her vodka. She was lucky Chris had expensive taste. "Again?" She asked.

<Christopher> Chris poured himself another glass. "Finally someone not trying to stop me." He laughed a little.

<Kat> "What fun would it be to stop you?" Kat hoped that if Chris got drunk he would talk. Something was bothering him, and she knew it. First the forest and then the drinking. She poured herself another.

<Christopher> "See more people should think like that!" Chris raised his glass to her and then took another heavy drink.

<Kat> Kat adjusted herself in her chair and got a little more comfortable. Unfortunately, she didn't have a super high intolerance to alcohol. She rummaged around her purse and found a crumpled pack of menthols. She gestured to the lighter on the desk. "Do you mind if I smoke?"

<Christopher> "Not at all." Chris picked up his smokables and put them into his desk. He didn't mind drinking with her but he didn't plan on smoking pot with his student.

<Kat> "Thanks." She grabbed the lighter, lit her cigarette, and took a long drag. She exhaled and took swallowed some more vodka.

<Christopher> "It's fine. Though those things will kill you." He gave her his best teacher grin before he started laughing.

<Kat> She stared at him, glass in one hand, cigarette in the other. "Seriously? Around here?" She gestured around the room. "Everything can kill you."

<Christopher> "Heh got me there, touche. I'll have to keep an eye on you in class! Can't have you showing me up." He laughed and took another swig.

<Kat> "Its a risk that you might run." She smiled and took a final drag on her cigarette. She looked around for an ash tray or something. "Do you have an ash tray?

<Christopher> Chris slid a small cup over to her after pulling his pencils and pens out. "No but that's what I use." Chris downed more alcohol getting well past tipsy finally. He was happy and bubbly but only because the alcohol had taken over.

<Kat> Kat grabbed the cup and extinguished the cigarette and left behind the filter. "Appreciate it." She took another drag of vodka. She was on the verge of very drunk. She spilt some of the vodka on her shirt and laughed. "Whoops, sorry. I can be a sloppy drunk!"

<Christopher> "Maybe I should get you a towel." He moved their glasses away for a bit not wanting to get her sick.

<Kat> "Well. That was rude. I'm fine." She reached for her glass, but couldn't reach it. "Not everybody has a tolerance like you, but that doesn't mean I need to stop!"

<Christopher> "You can take it slower than me. Like you said not everyone has a tolerance like me." He laughed a little as she tried to get at her glass. "So what'dya need?"

<Kat> She crossed her arms and pouted. Kat was pissed on the inside. She had intended to get him drunk so he'd spill the beans. And the only thing that got spilt was vodka. On her shirt. "Oh, just wanted some company of a handsome, smart professor." She winked.

<Christopher> Chris laughed a little. "Flattery won't get you through my classes little lady." His heart sank a little when he was reminded that it wasn't Hope there drinking with him and he had to take another big gulp of alcohol.

<Kat> "What you perceive as flattery, I perceive as truth." She watched as Chris took another gulp. "Hey! If you get yours, I get mine!"

<Christopher> "Yeah... sure." Chris slid her glass back to her slowly, his mood had already crashed again. "Just no getting sick okay." Chris pulled out his joint not even thinking about it, just wanting to feel something else, and lit up.

<Kat> "I can hold my vodka very well, thank you!” She watched as Chris lit up a joint and took a deep breathe. "Smells delicious.

<Christopher> "Being rich does have it's perks." Chris took a long drag and poured them both more alcohol.

<Kat> "Obviously. So... what prompted you to have a party without any people. I feel like I interrupted a what would be a really good party. If there were more people."

<Christopher> "You did. I had a plan and all, just forgot to lock the door." He took another long drag. "Lot of bad news in a short period of time."

<Kat> "Whoops." She grinned. "You told me we could hang out whenever. I decided it was whenever." She took a small sip of vodka. "Bad news?"

<Christopher> "I guess I did now didn't I?" Chris shrugged a little and finished his joint pulling out another. "Though a locked door isn't much against you."

<Kat> Kat laughed. "It is when I am being polite. I told you that I am trying to respect other people's boundaries. No stalking anyone." Kat stared at him. "Although, if you want a stalker, I'll apply for the job."

<Christopher> "And here I thought you were just going to be my TA." Chris laughed a little. "Want a hit?" He lit up and took a drag.

<Kat> "I've got time to do both. I've decided that I'll be your TA if the position is still available." Her eyes shined at the offer. "Yes, please!"

<Christopher> "Yeah I haven't given the position up yet." He laughed a little. "Yeah bad fucking news. Bad news requires booze and pot, in copious amounts."

<Kat> Kat took a hit. As she held her breath, she wondered what could've been so bad to make Chris wallow like this. She exhaled. "Bad fucking news, huh? Well drink up then."

<Christopher> "Hey." He sighed and took a swig. "Just be glad you didn't go to my other room. You wouldn't have been able to stand it. Gonna have to clean before classes." He took another big swig.

<Kat> "I can help, if you want." She paused for a bit. "Want to talk about it? I mean I have a feeling that your 'workout' in the woods has something to do with this news."

<Christopher> "Yeah that was the first bad news." He sighed. "Probably shouldn't." Chris took the joint and took a hard hit.

<Kat> "It's okay to tell me. I'm talking to basically my only friend right now. Who else can I spilled the beans to?" She finished drink and reached to refill it.

<Christopher> "Whole student body?" Chris shrugged. "Though not like the crazy monster teacher can get any worse of a reputation."

<Kat> Kat stood up from her chair. She walked around to the other side of the desk to perch herself on it so she was facing Chris. "You aren't a monster." She said softly. "In fact, you are sweet, caring, and kind hearted. Not a monster."

<Christopher> "No I was literally a monster. Claws glowing eyes thirst for blood... all that." He stared at his fingers for a minute, wishing he couldn't remember what he'd done.

<Kat> "Past is the past. Take a drink to relish it being over." Kat swallowed more drink. "You might've been a monster in the past, but you aren't any more. Does the bad news have to do with the claws and glowing eyes?"

<Christopher> "Slightly...." He groaned. "Deals with the lead up and aftermath of it."

<Kat> She frowned. She felt like she wanted to hear this, but did she want to know Chris as a monster? To hell with it, part of being a friend was accepting others for who they were, past, present, and future non-withstanding.

<Christopher> "I was doing drugs, that stopped my healing factor and stayed in my system. Made me an ass." He ran his hands through his hair trying not to think about the non-existent blood. "Drove Hope away and she cheated on me... I don't even blame her, I was messed up all the time and it got worse after a sentinel about killed me."

<Kat> Kat was stunned. He hadn't shared anything at all, and then there it was. She felt relief. And anger, at Hope, not Chris. "I'm sorry." It's all she could muster. She was trying to not go all drunk and crazy.

<Christopher> "I treated her like shit.... And I got what I deserved." He frowned and took a long drink straight from his bottle forgoing the cup. "Few days ago she left me. Said she needed time to figure out what she wanted in life. And now I'm drinking and getting stoned. Guess I haven't learned much."

<Kat> At this point, Kat was seething. "Let me get this straight. You were in a rough patch, needing support, and she slept with someone else. Then, she springs it on you and leaves." Kat slammed down what was left in her cup. She jumped up and started pacing. "How. Why. I don't understand. Whatever happened to stand by your man?"

<Christopher> "Stand by him when he's treating you like trash? I was a piece of shit and deserved worse than what I got. That sentinel shoulda killed me." He drowned his sorrows in the alcohol, he wasn't going to be depressed anymore. "She stayed with me when I was a monster and no one knew If I could be fixed, so don't get mad at her."

<Kat> "Seriously? Fine. If you don't want me to be mad. I won't be mad. I'll be furious. I know it was a shitty situation, but still. " Kat continued to pace.

<Christopher> "Just drop it Kat." He drank more of his scotch and then threw it aside remembering it was Hope's drink of choice.

<Kat> "Fuck it. Fine. I'll drop it." Kat promised herself she would have words with Hope later. "Look, its in the past. What can I do to make you feel better? I'm not a fan of my friend hurting like this."

<Christopher> "I'll be fine. Just gotta shrug this off like any other punch to the gut." Chris took the vodka instead and started drinking it.

<Kat> "Hey! That's mine." She frowned. "I guess I'll share. If it'll make you feel better."

<Christopher> "Pfft I'm the one who bought it." Chris chugged as much of the bottle he could without taking a breath.

<Kat> Kat perched herself back up on the desk. She started to grab at the bottle, but she was unsuccessful. Instead, she fell off the desk and into Chris.

<Christopher> Chris caught her quickly making sure she didn't fall to the ground. "Oh hey! Are you okay Kat?" He was still holding her tightly so she wouldn't fall, or so he reasoned with himself in his drunken stupor.

<Kat> "I'm fine." She stuttered. She looked up at Chris as he held tightly. "Thanks." She said softly.

<Christopher> "Yeah, just didn't want you to get hurt." Chris still hadn't let go of her but he had turned away so as to not get the wrong idea.

<Kat> Kat was slightly disappointed that Chris had turned his head, but it was quickly squashed with the realization that he was still holding her tight. They were definitely having a moment. "Do you save all your students when the fall drunkenly off your desk, while fighting for a bottle of vodka?" She smiled coyly.

<Christopher> "I think that you would be my first." Chris reached for the bottle of vodka and gave it to her.

<Kat> She took a drink directly from the bottle. "I guess that makes you a hero tonight then."

<Christopher> "Thanks." Chris took the bottle back from her and took a drink too. "Comfortable?" He teased her.

<Kat> "Very." Chris was warm and his embrace was comforting and secure. She felt safe... So very safe. She wanted nothing more to lay her head on his chest, but she refrained afraid he'd release her.

<Christopher> Chris laughed a little. "I'm glad I make a good chair." The only thing keeping him in a receptive mood to her was the fact that he was drunk. He drank more alcohol just helping Kat to get what she wanted.

<Kat> "You do. It's one of your many fine qualities. You should add that to your resume." She looked up at him. He still looked sad, but he was so handsome. She couldn't resist anymore. She knew that there was a fifty-fifty chance he'd resist her, but she couldn't help it. She leaned in for a kiss.

<Christopher> Chris felt her lips press to his, it took him a slight moment to realize what she was doing and he didn't resist. Wait...what, Kat's kissing me. Am I? I should stop her. This isn't okay, she's drunk, hell so am I! His mind was racing, distracting him from the fact that he should be pulling away from her.

<Kat> Kat continued kissing Chris. After all, she was drunk and couldn't sense that he wasn't kissing her back.

<Christopher> Chris pulled back from her when he finally connected what was going on. "Kat..." He was blushing red at this point. All of the flirting popping back into his mind forcing him to realize what she had been doing.

<Kat> Kat's eyes popped open as Chris said her name. He was blushing, but still holding her. "Uh. I'm sorry." She stammered. "I don't know what came over me."

<Christopher> "I just...I can't, you're great Kat, I just, it's only been a few days and I'm still missing her..." Chris wondered if he should move her off of himself. "And you're going to be one of my students, it's not professional."

<Kat> "I, uh, understand." She said with tears welling up in her eyes. She pushed to free herself from Chris. She freed herself and grabbed her purse. "I'll just go now."

<Christopher> "Kat... don't cry. It's just way too soon for me to even think about this kind of things... I mean look at me I'm sitting in here trying to drink away the memory of her." Chris got up to follow her. "I still want to be your friend if that's ok... And I do need a TA with a brain." He was going to have to figure this all out after she left.

<Kat> "Its fine. Don't worry about it." The words came out as sobs. She wiped her eyes. "I'll see you later Chris." She walked towards the door and opened it just a little. She turned back to him. "Just don't dwell on her forever. It'll do more harm than good." Kat took one last look at him, and dragged herself back to her room.

<Christopher> "Kat don't cry... I just don't want you to end up hurt." Chris tried to catch her but once she was out the door he knew he'd lost. He punched the door frame knowing he'd fucked up.

<Kat> Kat heard the punch as soon as he hit the wall. She stopped briefly wondering if she should go back. She decided against it. He needed to grieve, and she pushed it. At least she had a pint of gelato in her freezer to drown her sorrows.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Re: Christmas 2017: Chris

Post by Slarti »

Chris actually gave her a slight smile. "You're a nice person Paige. I can see what Bobby sees in you."
And inner Bobby is giving Chris a loooong stare. "Mine!"

"My precious.... gollum!"
JackSkulls
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by JackSkulls »

<Christopher> Chris went through his routine. The wooden dummies he'd special ordered were holding out a little longer than the ones he'd originally started on. As soon as he thought that one of their arms broke clean off. "Guess I should make some out of metal...."

<David> David had checked in with the SHIELD at the school and had been directed to Hope's room. Not finding her there, he checked in with the agents he was relieving. Upon discovery that she was off campus, he decided to get in a workout before he went to collect her. Make them wait a bit longer. He entered the gym and glanced the other man over.

<Christopher> Chris let off a little extra of his pent up energy and aggression and shattered the wood dummy that he'd already broke. He moved onto the next one, devoid of excess energy. He hoped that would make it last longer.

<David> David raised an eyebrow. "Is it necessary to destroy them?"

<Christopher> "Huh?" Chris quickly looked back at the voice. "Oh uhmm hi. And no it's not but sadly it happens when your mutation makes you stronger as you go. That and when you have a grudge against a few of them." He mentally crossed off the S, he'd imagined on that one.

<David> "As they are not sentient and thus cannot hold grudges themselves... I will take it you are angry and projecting that rage onto the dummies." He moved to wrap his own hands, though it wasn't necessary.

<Christopher> "Right you are." Chris went through the motions again this time a little slower to hopefully get more hits in. "If you want one there's a few normal ones over there. I'm Chris by the way."

<David> "Normal as opposed to... destroyed?" He asked with a grin. "David. Agent Sum."

<Christopher> "Normal as in not hardwoods. I'm contemplating steel. Doesn't help to stop my routine's halfway through."

<David> "Whatever works," David headed for the punching bag.

<Christopher> "So new agent on campus then?" Chris broke two of the arms off, which made him smile a little. Since he wasn't going to get drunk with what happened with Kat he was going to enjoy at least pretending to dismember Sebastian.

<David> "Yeah got assigned to babysitting. Should be interesting at least." He got to work, bobbing and weaving in front of the bag, taking his shot every now and then.

<Christopher> "Yeah babysitting is looooads of fun." He laughed a little. "At least the give me the wonderful title of teacher when they ask me to do it."

<David> "Well, orders are orders. I'll head out to that after this. First day. Should be tons of fun." He punched the bag again.

<Christopher> "Good luck. I'd offer you a drink if you weren't on the Job." Chris slowed himself down and managed to let the next one last through his whole routine.

<David> "It wouldn't do a damn bit of good anyway, but thanks."

<Christopher> "Oh?" Chris raised an eyebrow. "Well offer stands. I'm getting pretty good at drinking my cares away." He started up his next routine forgetting the charge he built up and blasted through the third dummy.

<David> "Why would you drink them away like a wuss instead of facing them like a man?" David asked, glancing at him with an eyebrow raised. "Men are getting pansier and pansier..." He punched the bag, hard.

<Christopher> "Because facing this problem would make the other one worse. And a pansy I am not." Chris stared at him for a minute. "And that's a whole lot coming from the man hitting a soft bag."

<David> "They are made to be hit repeatedly, to mimic the effects of flesh. I don't plan on destroy trees... Takes a bad man to destroy tree threatening him." David punched again, unphased by Chris and his taunting.

<Christopher> "Flesh can't stand my hits. Lets see you take down the elusive tree." He laughed a little.

<David> "Easily. It's called a fucking chainsaw." David grinned at him. "Or Hellcat. Also known as
Carol. I have no problem letting a woman get the job done."
<Christopher> "Touche!" Chris was finally starting to work up a sweat as he moved onto the next dummy. "And these ones are designed to help me train my movements."

<David> David shrugged a bit. "What's with all the rage?

<Christopher> "Lotta bullshit, short period of time." He moved on to the next one and started up the
next routine again.

<David> "I hear ya." He punched the bag again. "Lot of bullshit is why I'm here too."

<Christopher> "Bullshit makes the world go round." Chris wasn't making any headway on this set because of the distraction.

<David> "Well, you always have two choices when it comes to bullshit. Either wallow like a little bitch, or get over it."

<Christopher> Chris just laughed at that. "Well you don't dance around at all."

<David> David looked at him, pausing a second. "No." He smiled and punched the bag again.

<Christopher> "Shit where were you when I got drunk the other day." Chris was still hoping Kat would forgive him.

<David> "At a real job, not here babysitting," he laughed.

<Christopher> "Well looks like I benefited from your new position as well."

<David> "Just doing my civic duty," he told Chris with a laugh, leaning against the bag.

<Christopher> "Maybe I'll take your advice. If it works I'll owe you a drink."

<David> "I will take that chance!" David laughed.

<Christopher> "Sounds like you'll need it. You sounds absolutely joyous about your new post."

<David> "Joyous doesn't cover it." David unwrapped his hands. Despite the blood on the wrap, his hands were already healed. "I'll be seeing you around. I want that drink."

<Christopher> "Vodka's in the clear bottle. Rum's in the black one." Chris motioned to his bag and finished off the last of his dummies. "I'll be working on making some metal training dummies..."

<David> "Now that sounds fun. Metal... metal I can take out." He grinned and collected his things.

<Christopher> "With your bare hands?" Chris grinned. "Well if you want something made I'm the one with the forge."

<David> "Do not underestimate my registered deadly weapons," he grinned.

<Christopher> "We'll see what you got later." He made a mental note to make one for the new agent.

<David> "Oh I have a feeling you will." David laughed and headed out to find his charge.
JackSkulls
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by JackSkulls »

Chris waited in line with his supplies for the day. He was going to just drop a card and some flowers off to Kat to apologize for his drunken stupidity and then just sulk in his classroom some more. For a little while he pondered to himself what David had said earlier that morning and started to see the merit in it. It's not healthy to just mope and drink all the time Chris, ya gotta grow up sometime. He looked around at the different magazines as he waited for the cashier to ring out everyone and eventually saw his girlfriend, ex-girlfriend, he mentally corrected himself, on the cover of a tabloid with some Asian man.

He could feel his heart falling apart, and his blood began to boil at the same time. So.... guess all I was to her was another sexual conquest. Probably would have ended it sooner if I hadn't disappeared for three months. Chris had to reign in his anger and heartache so he didn't crush the card and flowers. He felt used, and betrayed. It took all he had not to break down there in the store. Guess that's why I haven't seen any paparazzi in a while. I'm old news.

Chris paid for everything and then got into his car to take a drive around to cool off. He wasn't planning on giving the flowers and card directly to Kat, but by the off chance that he ran into her, he didn't want to chew her head off or break down in front of her. Chris had already decided that he was going to be a better teacher, that this year was going to be better than the last. He had plans to quit drinking and maybe join AA or a drug addiction support group, and he knew that he was going to have to go to Carol and tell her that his memory was starting to come back. The bloody images of what he had done were becoming so fresh in his head that he was barely sleeping.
JackSkulls
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by JackSkulls »

<Kat> Kat was laying in her bed with her under the quilt. She was mortified. And hungover. Last night she had pushed it too far with Chris and the vodka. She planned to lay in bed all day long wallowing in the mango gelato that was in her freezer and watching cheesy Hallmark movies.

<Christopher> Chris sighed as he walked to her room apology gifts in hand. He was always an idiot when he was drunk and when it came to his students apparently he was an even bigger idiot. Chris knew that Kat wouldn't want to see him so he went to her room and just set the flowers and apology card against the door. It took him a second to get it placed without falling so he hoped she hadn't heard him, but once it was steady he started back off to his trailer out on the lawn.

<Kat> Kat had ordered a chicken bacon ranch pizza. She figured that if she was going to commit she needed pizza. Her phone dinged to let her know that the pizza delivery guy was waiting for her. She grabbed her polar bear slippers and a heavy sweater. She opened her door and found a bouquet of flowers and a card at her feet. Who the hell are these from? she thought.

<Christopher> Chris had gotten to the door of the girl's dorms by the time she had found the flowers and card and gave the pizza guy that was there for who he didn't know a wave. He found himself a comfortable place to take a smoke break before getting to his house.

<Kat> Kat was intrigued by the flowers, but couldn't stop and check because of her pizza. She ran out to meet the pizza guy, paid the guy, grabbed her pizza and hightailed it back to her room. She found the flowers still at the base of her door. She opened the door, leaned in and put the pizza on the table next to the door. She turned around picked up the flowers and the card. She sat down on her bed and opened the card to read.

<Christopher> Chris lit up the joint quickly ducking down when he saw Kat come out to get the pizza. He figured she was still upset with him and didn't want to upset her more. "How much trouble can you get yourself into in one school year Chris....?" He asked himself as he took a long drag.

<Kat> Kat read the card that accompanied the flowers. It was an apology from Chris. She was touched that he apologized to her, especially so soon. But did she want to talk to him? She started pacing the room, trying to decide. Eventually, she stopped pacing and found a vase for the flowers. They were very pretty AND he had apologized. She figured she better go and find him.

<Christopher> The pizza guy walked over to Chris after the girl walked away. He asked to bum a cigarette and ended up joining Chris to smoke a few of his joints, mostly because Chris talked the guy into sharing one of the pizza's with him if he shared some of his weed.

<Kat> Kat rummaged around her room to find real shoes so that she could go find Chris. Finally, she found her running shoes. As she laced them up, she caught a glance of herself in the mirror and noticed her messy hair and smudged face. Apparently there was still make up left from the previous day. She pulled her hair into a slick pony tail and washed her face. Fresh faced, she headed out the door.

<Christopher> Chris laughed a little after the pizza guy took a heavy hit and started coughing like crazy. "Good shit huh?" Chris took his joint back and took another drag giving the pizza guy a wave as he took off. "Drive safe now."

<Kat> Kat set off to find Chris. She figured she tried his biology room as the last resort, seeing as the last time she was there... well that's why she was having to go on a Chris hunt. She exited the dorms, heading towards Chris' art lair. Maybe he was there.

<Christopher> Chris stared up at the sky wondering if it would snow again today. He took a long drag and then flicked the last of the joint away. He lit up another and contemplated if he should head off or not. He stood up not noticing that Kat was coming out of the dorms and adjusted his coat.

<Kat> Kat snuggled down into her coat. This Boston winter wasn't as cold as the last one she had spent in the Midwest, but still. BURRR. It was an overcast day, but she slipped her sunglasses on to help with the hangover headache. Kat walked in Chris' direction lost in thought. And then she smelled the pot. She stopped and sniff. She knew he had to be around here somewhere. "Chris?" She called out.

<Christopher> "Huh?" Chris didn't even notice that it was Kat until he turned around and saw her. "Oh uhmm... hey." Fuck got distracted. He rubbed the back of his head with his free hand. "Nice weather huh?"

<Kat> She heard him respond and was able to locate him. She moved towards him, but stopped a little short. She didn't want to get all up in his space. Especially not after last night. And then he mentioned the weather, the most generic topic. This wasn't going to end well. "Uh yeah. Not too cold."

<Christopher> Chris gave her a little wave. "Yeah, I just wanted to apologize for how I acted yesterday.... Just didn't want to upset you more."

<Kat> Kat nodded back to him. "Its cool. Not your fault. My fault. No biggie. Thanks for the flowers."

<Christopher> "No... I shouldn't have gotten drunk and put you in that position... you're my student."
Chris sighed. "I'm a pretty shitty teacher lately."

<Kat> "This has nothing to do with being students or anything. Frankly, we are both adults and I crossed a line." She paused. "Look, I was just coming out here to tell you thanks for the flowers, don't worry, I'm fine."

<Christopher> "Kat... It's not like I didn't enjoy it. You're great. We were both drunk though, and me and Hope just broke up..." Chris ran his hand through his hair. "It's just not a good idea to pursue me Kat."

<Kat> Kat was cold and her head was still pounding. She didn't have the energy to fight with Chris, to let him know that he was worth it. "I don't believe that. I know the timing is shit. I probably took advantage of the situation, but whatever. But just know that you are worth it. I truly believe that. I don't know what all that happened between you and Hope, but it damaged you. I was trying to be your sun in a vast darkness." She wished she could've come up with a better metaphor.

<Christopher> "Kat..." Chris sighed. "I damaged myself. I'm a mess and I don't want you getting caught up in that. I mean people gave me shit about me and Hope and we knew each other before I was a teacher. Plus you don't know me. I'm not this great person you seem to think I am...." Chris's mind flashed back to the people he murdered in Alaska.

<Kat> Kat was too hungover to deal with Chris' self loathing. All she wanted to do was literally slap some sense into him. She started digging through her pockets looking for a cigarette or a piece of gum, anything to put in her mouth and occupy her hands before she said something she'd regret.
<Christopher> "I just didn't want you to be upset with me. I want to be a good teacher for you. And you're not the one who fucked up yesterday it was me. I mean it Kat you're great and if I wasn't your teacher, I wouldn't hesitate."

<Kat> Kat sighed. She didn't even know what to say. "You are such a bastard. A good teacher for me? Fuck that... What kind of line is 'if I wasn't your teacher...'? That's just an excuse. If you thought I was that great, you'd say the hell with everyone else and did what made you happy. That's what I've been trying to do. Do what makes ME happy and cheer you up." She realized she had been yelling and stopped. She needed to leave.

<Christopher> Chris just stared for a second, she had him completely pegged. The whole time he'd been thinking of protecting her and trying to wallow in his own pity party. "I... Kat. Ya know what fuck it." He closed the distance between them and kissed her this time.

<Kat> Chris kissing her took her completely off guard. She had been all ragey, wanting to slap him and leave all at the same time. And then, he kissed her. She let her heart win and kissed him back.

<Christopher> Chris dropped his joint while he kissed her, he didn't want to burn her on accident. After a moment he pulled away, "s...sorry."

<Kat> She just stared at him. So many mixed signals. She was happy yet pissed. She reared back and slapped him. "What the fuck are you sorry for?" Before he had a chance to react, she threw her arms around him, and kissed him again.

<Christopher> The slap left a slightly glowing hand print on his face but he returned the kiss anyways. "For the surprise kiss... but I guess that was wanted?" Chris was bad at the whole being single thing, he'd gone from Greer straight to Hope and with her everything was out in the open. "We shouldn't be doing this Kat." Chris slid his arms around her, the rational side of his brain reasoning that it was cold and he was just going to keep her warm.

<Kat> Kat was still angry, mainly because she blamed Chris' self-loathing on Hope. She melted in his arms, instantly feeling warmth. "Just shut up and kiss me you fool." She whispered.

<Christopher> Chris laughed a little. "Teacher's really aren't supposed to make out with their students." He did exactly what she asked though.

<Kat> Kat groaned. If he mentioned once more that he was a teacher and she was a student, well, she'd slap him again. She decided to keep his mouth busy, so he couldn't talk and be ridiculous.

<Christopher> Chris only pulled away from the kiss this time to take a breath. "Don't groan at me missy." He just smiled at her. "I know I'm an idiot you don't have to point it out.”

<Kat> Kat rolled her eyes and slapped him across the face again. "Who the hell are you calling missy? I'm a grown woman for pete's sake."

<Christopher> "With a hell of a slap, that almost hurt." He picked her up and kissed her again. "You really are great Kat." Chris wanted to bring up the fact that they shouldn't be doing this but half of him didn't care and the other half just wanted to make her happy.

<Kat> Kat was bursting with happiness on the inside, but there was one small part of her brain that was like a warning beacon going off. "Wait." She said pulling back from Chris. "Are you sure? I don't want you to start something and not be able to give it was it deserves. After all, you were in your office moping and drinking ALL of the alcohol. Don't get me wrong, I'm ecstatic and thrilled and happy and..." She trailed off afraid she put her foot in her mouth.

<Christopher> Chris froze for a second trying to think straight. "I'm not going to lie to you... I'm still hurting, a lot." He held her close. "How about we take it slow? I don't want to hurt you." His fingers slowly ran along her back as he tried to think of what to say next. "If you think you can handle that."

<Kat> She hadn't expected such honesty from him. "I think slow is a good idea." She murmured. "For both our sakes." She sighed.

<Christopher> "Yeah, that solves one problem." Chris gave her a smile. "I think I can manage trying to be happy. You're pretty good at making me smile." His mind was still stuck on the fact that she was one of his students and that the both of them could get in plenty of trouble. It wasn't as bad with Hope since she didn't have any of his classes.

<Kat> "I like it when you smile." It was starting to snow and she gave a shiver. She had forgotten that they were outside.

<Christopher> "You should really dress warmer for the weather. Want to go inside?" Chris smirked and took his jacket off to give to her.

<Kat> "Yes please. I've got a a warmish, okay cold by now pizza in my room if you are hungry."

<Christopher> "Yeah... I saw you pay the guy. Might have hid when you came out." Chris rubbed the back of his neck feeling like an idiot now. "Sorry your pizza got cold."

<Kat> "No biggie. That's what microwaves are for." She paused and crinkled her eyebrows. "Um. Why did you hide from me?"

<Christopher> "Figured you didn't want to see me." Chris opened the door for her. "Figured you were still pretty upset with me."

<Kat> "To be honest, I am still upset with you. But I'm better know. Don't ask, it's woman logic." Kat led Chris back inside and to her room.

<Christopher> "I'll never understand women." Chris followed her trying not to eyeball her assets as they went to her room. "Not to kill the mood.... but there's still the teacher student thing."

<Kat> Kat just rolled her eyes and gestured for him to sit down. "Seriously man, it doesn't matter. It's not like we are getting married or doing anything illegal. We are friends who ares starting on a new path of our relationship. Which includes kissing."

<Christopher> He couldn't help but laugh at that. "Kat, you're fucking great." Chris pulled her into the seat with him and gave her a step down that path, a kiss.

<Kat> "Ditto." She said. She leaned into him and just enjoyed this moment of simple times.

<Christopher> "Pfft am not." Chris held her close like he did when they were in classroom. "So slow... I've never really done slow, you think you can teach an old dog some new tricks?"

<Kat> "This is new for me too. I'm not exactly known for slow. Maybe that's why I always fuck it up..." She trailed off. She jumped up. "Want pizza?"

<Christopher> "Yeah... same here. Not a playboy mind ya. But yeah." Chris frowned a little when the warmth from her body was gone. "Yeah sure."

<Kat> Kat out some pizza in the microwave and dug around her fridge for some drinks. "Sorry, all I've got is water. I need to restock. You want?" She offered him a bottle.

<Christopher> "Sure. Water's fine by me. I've been drinking too much alcohol lately anyways." Chris took the bottle from her with a smile. "Thanks."

<Kat> She retrieved the pizza and handed that to him too. "Yeah you have. Just sayin." She smirked. "Bon appetite"

<Christopher> "You've got no idea Kat.... Just be glad I didn't have an inhibitor on me still, probably would have died of alcohol poisoning." Chris took a bite of the pizza and hissed. "Okay gotta let that cool a little."

<Kat> Kat took her pizza and sat across Chris. She took a sip from her water bottle. "I, for one, am glad that you didn't die. Don't think that way again, okay?"

<Christopher> "Don't have to anymore, was trying to feel something. Or numb the pain." Chris finally took a bite of the pizza that didn't burn the roof of his mouth. "Shoulda listened to Paige when she told me I didn't need to drink though."

<Kat> "Sound advice. But then again, if you had, we might not be here. So there you go."

<Christopher> "You're just glad you have someone for kissing practice." Chris gave her a teasing smirk.

<Kat> "Pfft. I like you for more than kissing you know. You are awfully easy on the eyes. And a gentleman to boot!"

<Christopher> "I've been trying harder since everything that happened with the drugs..." Chris took a long sip of his water and set his pizza down somewhere it would be out of the way. Remembering darker times in his life was making his appetite go away.

<Kat> Kat moved over to sit next to him. "Listen, we can talk about the darker days of Chris another day. But you were in a good mood. Let's keep it that way." She smiled a huge smile at him. "What can I do to make you focus on something else?"

<Christopher> Chris smirked a little his mind instantly going to more perverted thoughts but then he reminded himself they were taking it slow. "Just sitting there works." He leaned over and gave her a soft hug.

<Kat> Kat hugged him back. "I can do that." She leaned her head on his shoulder.