christmas 2006: Doug

Check out what goes on between semesters here!
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Please post everything that happens to your character here - any interactions, fics, flogs (which please also post in your myspace if you wish) or whatnot. This does mean that some things will be duplicated if you did them with another player (ie instances) but it will help establish your characters timeline.

Once Christmas is over, the mods ensure that all of these will be sorted into their appropriate sub-forums.

Let the games begin!

Nacht and Paws

[Edited on 21/2/07 by NachtcGleiskette]
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

[Remy] Remy closed the door to tj's room, sitting down on the edge of her pink ruffled bed, still amused by the decor. He'd asked if he could use the phone, and damnit if he was going to be able to unwind with John staring at him. So it was the pink room or nothing.

[Remy] He took the piece of paper out of his pocket and dialed the number. He listened as the phone rang on the other end. Suddenly thinking of something he looked at the clock - he'd forgotten about the time difference - but it was good. Not too late to call.

[Cypher] Doug was sitting at a table with the rest of his gaming group, getting their books and dice all ready for the night's entertainment when his phone rang.

[Cypher] He didn't recognize the number, but figured he'd answer it anyway. It's not like they'd started the dungeon crawl yet anyway.

[Cypher] "Hello?"

[Remy] "Doug? Its Remy..." Jesus, he'd dialed the right number, right? It sounded like doug...but how can you tell from just 'hello?' anyway. Phoning his friends was a fairly new concept...Talia and Doug had been living with him the whole time he'd known them after all.

[Cypher] "Oh, hey Remy!" Four sets of eyes instantly turned to him at the sound of the name.

[Cypher] "Uh... how's it going?"

[Remy] "Oh Dieu, don't even know where t' start." he chuckled. "Survivin' it so far though. Remy's still got all 'is body parts too."

[Remy] "'ow about y'reself? Y' 'avin' fun with y're family?"

[Cypher] "So no mobs with torches and pitchforks yet?" Doug held up a finger to the questioning gazes, trying to get a moment of privacy.

[Cypher] "I'm doing alright, just hanging out with some friends right now..."

[Cypher] In the background, another voice chimed in - "Remy? He's the one dating that hot blue chick, right?"

[Cypher] Another voice - "Which one? Shit, I be all about that hottie with wings, yo."

[Cypher] Back to Doug, obviously not talking to Remy at the moment - "Guys, give me a minute! Jesus..."

[Cypher] "Sorry about that, man."

[Remy] He didn't quite get what Doug meant about the pitchforks and stuff, but he chuckled anyway. "Non - its John dat Remy's worried about. He's been pretty good an' all - but dere is d' odd time dat 'e looks at me like 'ed love t' bury me out in d' backyard."

[Remy] He overheard the chatter from the others in the background, making out enough of it. "Did y' tell dem about us?" he didn't quite know how he felt about that. Though it seemed like they were fairly accepting of it if they were refering to the girls as "hot".

[Cypher] "Ah... they sort of found my myspace. As soon as I got home they wouldn't stop asking about it."

[Remy] "Oh. Dey cool with it all den?"

[Cypher] "In a manner of speaking..." He wasn't sure how to explain 'Night Elves,' 'Drow,' or other common fantasy races the other mutants seemed to resemble to Remy.

[Cypher] The second voice from earlier - "That Angel chick be freaky, right?"

[Cypher] Then a quiet female voice cuts in - "Guys, just let Doug talk to his friend, okay?"

[Cypher] "Just a second, I'm gonna step outside..." A few seconds later a door is heard opening and closing. "Okay... sorry about that again. My friends are just ... they think this is all just so cool."

[Remy] "Oui? Dey were fine with y' bein' different an' all?" he slumped across the bed, picking at a bit of the embroidery. "What are y'all doin' anyway?"

[Cypher] "Yeah, they just wish it was something cooler than knowing languages." How to explain what they were about to do?

[Cypher] "We were ... just about to start our Dungeons & Dragons game. A lot happened while I was gone, so they've been catching me up."

[Remy] "Oh oui?" Remy remembered vaugly Doug tring to explain the whole concept of 'gaming' to him. "Dey all 'appy t' see y' den, neh? Gotten into any trouble without me?" He chuckled.

[Cypher] "Yeah, everyone was happy to see me. They all want to come to the school and meet everyone and see the Danger Room, but I don't think that'll happen."

[Cypher] "No trouble, really. But when I got home the house smelled a little funny, almost like weed? My mom said they just sprayed for some insects or something though ... so I guess no trouble really."

[Remy] "Oh, oui. Bug spray. 'aven't 'eard dat one before." Remy laughed. "Dat is d' one thing dat Remy was so glad of - Talia's friend 'ave pot. Cause, Dieu - would 'ave 'ad NO idea 'ow t' get it otherwise. Dis town is a small dust bowl in d' middle of nowhere."

[Cypher] "So how are her friends? Having fun? Other than John, of course."

[Remy] "Dere cool. Talia's been 'appy t' see dem all again. But Christmas? Jesus. Y' should 'ave seen all d' relatives she's got. Its insane. An' dey all were just waitin' for Remy t' mess up."

[Remy] "Well - except for 'er grandmere. She 'ad other designs on dis poor boy."

[Cypher] "Christmas here is usually just me and my parents. It was pretty fun though. Wait, 'other designs'?"

[Remy] Remy ran a hand through his hair. "Well, she was a sweet thing, don't get me wrong. But she seemed t' expect us t'...well...settle down an' get busy. It didn't 'elp dat Talia was 'oldin' a little baby most d' time dere. Y' could see the wheels turnin' in her grandmere's 'ead."

[Remy] "Remy's been eyed up for 'is ablities in bed before, but never dat way."

[Cypher] Doug laughed. "Oh man I'm so sorry. All I ever get out of my grandma is questions about why such a sweet boy like me can never find a girlfriend."

[Remy] "Y' didn't tell 'er about Raven den?"

[Cypher] He was quiet a moment. "No. Not exactly."

[Remy] "Why not? Y're parents were pretty cool about it all. Y' don't think dat y're grandmere is gonna take it ok?"

[Cypher] "I just haven't seen her this holiday yet. She's in Florida."

[Remy] "Don't blame 'er at all. It's nice t' be back where y' can breathe without y're nose freezin' together." He noticed how quiet Doug got. "Y' two are still goin' t' try an' see each other, neh? Y' and Raven?"

[Cypher] "Yeah. I mean, there's still myspace and the internet if nothing else."

[Remy] "Yeah. Well, should be goin' mon ami. Talia's gonna wonder where I ran off to."

[Cypher] "I think my friends are getting a little impatient... but give me a call later if you want man."

[Cypher] "Say 'hi' to her for me, okay?"

[Remy] "Will do." He wasn't sure how Talia would take that, but she seemed to at least not want to gouge Doug's eyes out anymore. "Was good talkin' t' y'."

[Cypher] "Yeah, you too. Stay safe out there."

[Remy] Remy chuckled as he hung up the phone. Safe? Ah well it was only another few days, and he'd be home free. He smiled, pocketing the phone number again. It was cool having a buddy.

[Cypher] He flipped his phone closed and opened the door. Time to hunt some orc.
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Originally posted by fourpawsonthefloor

[Cypher] Another voice - "Which one? Shit, I be all about that hottie with wings, yo."
LMAO!