christmas 2006: Angel

Check out what goes on between semesters here!
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Please post everything that happens to your character here - any interactions, fics, flogs (which please also post in your myspace if you wish) or whatnot. This does mean that some things will be duplicated if you did them with another player (ie instances) but it will help establish your characters timeline.

Once Christmas is over, the mods ensure that all of these will be sorted into their appropriate sub-forums.

Let the games begin!

Nacht and Paws

[Edited on 21/2/07 by NachtcGleiskette]
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Blog - "A whole month, huh?"

It sucks I got back just in time for everybody to be gone, or gettin ready to go. You wouldnt believe how quiet it is around here...it's creepy. AND I heard I missed a snow ball fight!!! Not that I'm complainin really, since my dad gave me a new cell phone, but, still...

Soooo, I've got big plans to chill, read, watch a lot of bad TV with Jamie, play with the kitty-cat, um, read, chill... In other words, Im gonna be BORED! Is Christmas break over yet? Hows everybody else doin?
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator

Lizzie/Angels room

[Elizabeth] Lizzie lay on her bed, hugging a pillow to her. She felt like hell. Her head throbbed slightly as she stared at the ceiling, mulling over the coming weeks of boredom around the school. She hoped Xavier wasn't going to be following her around...or that she'd have to do any yoga.

[Elizabeth] Yoga. Seriously...She almost half wished that she had apologised to her father and she'd been able to go home....Lizzie sighed slightly and rolled on her side, floating the case of the CD she was listening to, over to her and inspected it.

[Elizabeth] "God...every time I listen or even see Rob Zombie now I'll think of that freaky scary kid Angel sent me..." Lizzie groaned and tossed the CD case down on the end of the bed and wondered where her room mate was and almost felt sorry for her for having to stay with her all Christmas.

[Elizabeth] Lizzie knew she wasn't exactly good company, especially right now....Gah, her head ached like HELL. Thank god she'd gotten more painkillers from Annie.....

[Angel_II] Angel opened the bedroom door distractedly, her nose buried in one of the books Scott had told her about in the library. That boy read some weird stuff. She looked up as the door started to swing into the wall, and barely caught it.

Summerspy enters this room

[Angel_II] Unfortunately, she didn't catch the other books in her hand and they thumped to the floor. She looked up at her roommate, who was on her bed and wearing a scowl.

[Angel_II] "Hey, Lizzie, sorry....." She picked up her books and shut the door quietly. "How's the head?" She was almost afraid to ask, but she should be polite.....maybe.

[Elizabeth] Lizzie rubbed her forehead and looked sideways up at Angel and gave her a lopsided grin. "Been better....been worse. Thanks." Lizzie sat up a little, was it her or was Angel...tip toing around her. She didn't know did she? Lizzie felt slightly uncomfortable, but tried to keep a cool exterior

[Elizabeth] If she attacked her room mate even by accident that would seriously be the last straw....

[Angel_II] Angel gave Lizzie a sympathetic look and plopped on her bed with the books. "Well, this is an exciting break, ain't it?"

[Elizabeth] "Yeah. I think I'm going to die from the very pleasure of it..." Lizzie smiled ruefully and pulled a pillow up a little to make herself more comfortable. "Anyone else around?"

[Angel_II] "I didn't see anybody on the way back from the library, not even the cat, yo." She fiddled with the books, straightening them into a pile in front of her.

[Angel_II] "It's all quiet and creepy."

[Elizabeth] "Yeah. Big old houses are like that. You should see the place I grew up in, it's straight out of a history film!" Lizzie said grinning, then her smile faded as she remembered home.

[Angel_II] "Heh, that must be cool in a way though. The house I grew up in.... it could fit in the Danger Room." She smiled a little, until Lizzie's grin fell. Whoops, what'd I say? She was getting tired of moody people. Maybe Lizzie just wasn't used to the idea of a little house?

[Angel_II] She looked back down and picked up "Dracula." She had read that in high school, but flipped through the pages anyway. Look busy.

[Elizabeth] "I've...I spent a lot of time in boarding schools. But never Christmas. I always went home for Christmas, everyone did. It was like the law..."

[Elizabeth] Lizzie started to fiddle nervously with her sleeve. "It's strange for me. Not being home around about now."

[Angel_II] Angel softened a bit. Lizzie had been through a lot with her mom, and if there was one thing she knew it was that people acted funky under stress. "Yeah, this time last year I was dodging my stepdad and shopping with my mom." She smiled a little sadly, remembering the decent times.

[Angel_II] She should try to call her mom.

Jsherlock enters this room

Jsherlock exits from this room

[Elizabeth] Lizzie looked down, unsure of what to say. She had no personal experience of step-parents let alone having to dodge them.

[Elizabeth] She rubbed her forehead uncomfortably. "I'm sorry. I'm not going to be very good comany for you I think...Still, there's always the cat if you get bored!"

[Angel_II] She watched Lizzie rub her forehead. Man, it must suck to have headaches all the time. "Nah, it's cool. Besides, I kind of like the quiet." She held up the book with a wry grin. "Gives me a chance to catch up on my reading."

[Elizabeth] "That's nice," Lizzie yawned out of tiredness. "Oh sorry, I didn't sleep much last night," she added quickly, rubbing her eyes.

[Elizabeth] "I've never been much of a reader to be honest. Never caught the bug at school - I was usually playing sports instead."

[Angel_II] "I used to read more, plays and stuff....and when I had to for class," she looked at the book again for a second. Or maybe it was the play version of Dracula she'd read. Hmmm.

[Angel_II] She glanced back at Lizzie. "Hey, if you want to take a nap or somethin' I can go read somewhere else."

[Elizabeth] "No, don't. I'm glad of the company," Lizzie assured Angel and sat up some more.

[Elizabeth] "I never read much even for class. Same goes for here...I suppose I should change that though," Lizzie sighed and looked with some interest at Angel's pile of books.

[Elizabeth] 2Anyway I should probably take my medication," Lizzie swung her legs off the bed and tottered over to her desk and picked up the pillbox.

[Angel_II] "Okay, cool," she watched Lizzie's odd little-old-lady walk to the desk. "Do those help any -- your head, y'know?" They sure as hell didn't seem to.

[Elizabeth] "They...numb it for a bit," Lizzie shrugged and tipped a few pills into her hand, popped them in her mouth and washed them down with some coke from a can she had on her desk.

[Elizabeth] "And they keep me standing. It'll do me until I can get control over my powers," Lizzie sighed and wobbled back over to the bed and threw herself down over the end of it.

[Angel_II] "Hmm," she said. What else did you say? She was so happy her powers were relatively simple. She ruffled her wings a bit.

[Angel_II] "So, how's that going? Xavier's a telepath....is the creepy old fart given you any pointers?"

[Elizabeth] "Xavier's a fuckward," Lizzie spat. "He's...not much of a help." Lizzie trailed off. She could hardly tell Angel what Xavier had said to her, as that would mean explaining why he had said it. She just wasn't prepared to do that.

[Angel_II] Angel nodded. "Yeah, he is that, man....not much help then. Suck." She tried to think of any other professors who might help Lizzie and came up pretty much blank.... nobody else was a telepath that shook shit. Not since that crazy Jean left.

[Elizabeth] "Yeah, a little bit." Lizzie got up off her bed and went back over to her desk, shook out some more pills and swllowed them down with the rest of the coke.

[Elizabeth] Her head felt so...fluffy. She definately was...huh? Lizzie blinked. Strangest feeling of deja vu.

[Angel_II] Angel flipped more pages on her book reading bits here and there. No, maybe she had read this.... She looked up when Lizzie hoisted herself back off the bed and made for the desk.

[Angel_II] She watched Lizzie down more pills. Hey, wait.... "Um, didn't you just take some of those?"

[Elizabeth] Lizzie frowned and looked down at the box and gave it a little shake...She hadn't, had she?

[Elizabeth] "Well, I just took some now," Lizzie said, a little stiffly and blinked slightly, a sour taste in her mouth.

[Angel_II] Angel thought about that. "Weeell, you got up a few minutes ago and took some too." Hadn't she? She gestured with the book still in her hand. "Yeah, yeah! You took some before -- when I asked you if they helped? You don't remember?"

[Angel_II] Lizzie....wasn't looking so good. Her eyes were.....wrong.

[Elizabeth] "Count them if you don't trust me," Lizzie said tightly and tossed the box over to Angel. "It was new last night. There were thirty six in there and I've had two doses."

[Angel_II] She caught the box, letting the book drop. "Hey, it's not that I don't trust you, I'm just sayin'......" she trailed off as she shook the box a bit and didn't hear enough rattle. She popped off the lid and shook the pills out in her hand. "Lizzie, there's not many left in here...."

[Angel_II] She started to get off the bed, getting alarmed. "How many are in a dose?"

[Elizabeth] "Urm...two?" Lizzie gasped slightly. It was gettig harder and harder to stand upright. She gripped the back of the desk chair, trying not to fall over...

[Elizabeth] A wave of sickness gripped her stomach and made her double over slightly. Oh she felt bad...bad? The lights looked strange...

[Angel_II] "Two! Il mio Dio! Fuck!" She jumped the rest of the way off the bed as Lizzie started to lean. Oh my God! Oh my God! What the fuck could she do! "Lizzie!" The other girl doubled over. "Oh, fuck....."

[Elizabeth] It hurt...It hurt. The lights were starting to spin slightly, all hazy and fuzzy and far far away...Lizzie pushed herself away from the desk and sat heavily on her bed, hugging herself. "I'mokayI'mokayI'mokay...."

[Elizabeth] She took a dep breath and nearly vomited and slapped a hand over her mouth sluggishly, almost missing altogether and slapping herself around the face.

[Elizabeth] What have I done...? Lizzie thought to herself with a moment of piercing clarity before the hazy, sick feeling washed over her again, with a weird ringing in her ears...what the....

[Angel_II] She'd seen a girl overdose once before, in one of those hellhole clubs in the city. Oh my God.... she'd just been on the edges of the crowd, and they'd all scattered like rats before anybody had called the authorities...

[Angel_II] Lizzie's pale blue eyes were unfocused as she collapsed onto the bed, hugging herself. She girl gagged and looked up at Angel for a split second before retreating into herself. Angel felt herself starting to hyperventilate in sympathy. Fuck! She had to do something.

[Angel_II] That thought snapped her into action. "Lizzie, Lizzie! I've got to take you to the nurse! Can you walk at all?"

[Elizabeth] Lizzie looked up, blinking and tried to focus on the face of her room mate, nodding slightly. "Urgh...help?" Lizzie said with a slight sob as she tried to shakily stand up.

[Angel_II] "Yeah, yeah," she babbled, trying to get a grip on her sagging roommate. "You gonna be okay. It'll be a'ight. Yeah..." She finally got ahold of Lizzie and scrambled at the doorknob one-handed, finally getting it open enough to kick it open.

[Angel_II] She started down the hall, hoping to God she could make it to Nurse Annie while she tried to comfort Lizzie, who was fading fast. She babbled non-stop in both English and Italian all the way to the infirmary. God, the situations she got herself into....
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator

[nurseannie] Annie strode around the medical room, straigtening the cupboards. This job had been MUCH more varied that she'd ever guessed.

[nurseannie] Annie strode around the medical room, straigtening the cupboards. This job had been MUCH more varied that she'd ever guessed.

[nurseannie] And the variety of problems that came with each of their abilites? She didn't always know what to do with them. Hell - she doubted ANYONE did. This was all new territory

Angel_II enters this room

Elizabeth enters this room

[Angel_II] "HEY! HELP!" Angel screamed as she got close to the infirmary door. "Yo! Nurse!" She practically carried Lizzie the last few yards for speed. "You gotta help her! She took too many of her headache pill things!"

[nurseannie] Annie dropped the box of tongue dispensers and they clattered down on the counter, spilling everywhere.

[nurseannie] "What?" She looked at the wild eyed young girl who was dragging Lizzie in. Lizzie looked asleep on her feet.

[Elizabeth] Lizzie collapsed out of Angel's arms and sprawled over the floor, tried to sit up but failed and lay on her side, her head spinning

[nurseannie] The words finally registered. "Put her on the bed. Here. Now."

[Angel_II] Angel shot the nurse an irritated glance as Lizzie slid into a puddle on the floor. She picked up her roommate with some effort, thankful Lizzie was small, and got her onto the bed. "Help her! She took lots of pills!"

[Elizabeth] Lizzie weakly protested to being manhandled but collapsed thankfully on the bed and rolled on her side. She felt so, so sick....Everyone was so LOUD. They just wouldn't...wouldnt...

[nurseannie] Annie thumbed the girls eyelids back, looking at her dialated pupils. "How many did she take?"

[nurseannie] She took the girls pulse while she looked up at angel. It was very slow. Damnit.

[Angel_II] Angel blanked out and then did some mental math. "Um, a lot..... she said there were 36 in the bottle.... and there weren't many left."

[Elizabeth] Lizzie turned her head so the nurse wasn't pulling at her, retching slightly, feeling the bile rising up in her throat.

[Angel_II] "The bottle's upstairs though....." She shifted, feeling useless.

[nurseannie] "I just gave her that bottle yesterday!" Annie scooped up a basin pressing it to lizzies cheek so that she could vomit in it.

[nurseannie] Placing the filled basin to the side she continued her exam. "well at least she won't be absorbing any more of it." The girls blood pressure was frighteningly low.

[Elizabeth] Lizzie tried to sit up slightly and was sick into the basin, trying to get it all ito the basin that was just a blur to her.

[nurseannie] "I'm going to give her something to take these drugs out of her system." Annie loaded the syringe with the narcan she'd stocked since the Warren incident.

[Elizabeth] Lizzie lay her head on the pillow painfully, wishing they'd all shut the hell up....so hard to focus on things...just, dizzy...

[Angel_II] Angel backed away a bit as Lizzie puked. God, how horrible..... "She, um, her head hurt and she forgot she'd already taken some.....I saw her do it twice...."

[nurseannie] Annie muttered things under her breath. She tied an elastic band around Lizzies upper arm. "Can you hold her shoulder down into the bed here? I don't want her jerking and blowing the vein if she pulls back."

[Angel_II] Angel nodded blankly and did as she was told.

[nurseannie] Annie swabbed the girls arm quickly, slipping the needle in her vein and relasing the band around the upper arm while she plunged the contents into lizzies bloodstream.

[Elizabeth] Lizzie felt herself feeling more awake...she was - where was she? With a yelp she sat up fast, too fast and the room began to spin around her as she tried to jump off the bed.

[Angel_II] Angel jumped back at Lizzie's sudden reaction. "Fuck!"

[nurseannie] Cursing as the action yanked the needle out she pressed a handful of gauze squares to her bleeding arm. "Don't let her GO. Hold onto her!" Annie yelled as she stuggled with her reluctant patient. At least she got all of it in.

[Elizabeth] Lizzie tried to drag herself away rom Annie. "WHAT WAS THAT?" Lizzie screamed, backing away. A tray of impliments started to rattle slightly.

[Elizabeth] "I'm okay - I just needed to be sick! Leave me alone!"

[Elizabeth] Lizzie looked over her shoulder and wondered if it would be a good idea to run for the door then looked back at Angel and the nurse cautiously...would they let her go?

[nurseannie] "You were in an overdose, what I gave you just reversed the effects so you didn't go into respiratory arrest.."

[nurseannie] "You aren't SICK Lizzie. You took too much of a medication that could have killed you." she pointed with her best 'don't fuck with the nurse' attitude at the cot. "Now get back on that bed."

[Elizabeth] Lizzie bit her lip. She had been eding towards the door..."I needed to puke. I'll be okay. I will."

[Angel_II] "Lizzie, you took a lot of those pills, really...." She tried to be soothing. "The nurse is just tryin' to help you..."

[nurseannie] Annie was not impressed with the girls sheer pigheadedness. "Either you get back on that bed or I will call the the whole school in here to pin you down if I need to."

[Elizabeth] "I...don't remember." Lizzie bit her lip. The tray stopped shaking as she walked awkwardly over to the bed and sat don on it, bringing her knees up to her chest and burying her head in her hands.

[Elizabeth] Angel was saying...she didn't take a lot of pills, she just took what she needed for her head.

[nurseannie] Annie sighed in relief when the girl settled back down. She retook her vitals, pleased to note that it was stabalizing. "So did you overdose intentionally or mistakenly?"

[Elizabeth] "I took what I needed...my head hurt." Lizzie said dully, remaining limp while Annie poked and prodded her.

[nurseannie] "But the dosage that I gave you should have been more than enough to manage that Lizzie." Annie looked at her chart, flipping through it. "In fact, the medications that you have been given for your migranes should have been more than enough as of late."

[Angel_II] Angel backed up more, trying to calm herself and blend into the scenery. This was a fucking nightmare. She felt so horrible for Lizzie.... ugh. But she'd be all right now, right?

[Elizabeth] Lizzie looked up at Annie. "My head hurt. I took what I needed...." she didnt look at Angel, she felt too guilty and ashamed of herself.

[nurseannie] "And the fact that you took a months worth of drugs in one day?" Annie shook her head. "I think that you may have a problem that's bigger than just your headaches."

[Elizabeth] Lizzie squirmed a little...she hadn't, had she? She hadn't realised that...Fuck.

[nurseannie] Annie realized that she was broaching patient confidentially. "Maybe if you could give us a bit dear?" She looke up at Angel. "thank you for bringing her down. It was a good thing that you did."

[Angel_II] Angel jumped out of her thoughts, looking from Annie to Lizzie. "Um, no problem....thanks..." She gave Lizzie what she hoped was an understanding smile on her way out the door. Maybe she'd go find that cat now....

[Angel_II] ((I'm gone))

nurseannie exits from this room

Elizabeth exits from this room

Angel_II exits from this room

Summerspy exits from this room

--------- The messages that have been sent today start below ---------

paws enters this room

paws exits from this room

nurseannie enters this room

Elizabeth enters this room

[nurseannie] "So do you want to start with explaining what happened today?" Annie asked, not unkindly.

[Elizabeth] Lizzie rolled on her side, remaining mute. The truth was that even she wasn't sure.

[nurseannie] "Have you been taking other drugs or drinking alcohol as well?" Annie frowed as a new thought crossed her mind, glad the girl couldn't see her. "Did you mean to do this Lizzie?"

[Elizabeth] "No...My head hurt so I took my pills. I took them twice by accident. My head hurt and I didn't know what I was doing..." Lizzie muttered, ignoring Annie's first question...she wasn't quite sure if 'not today' would count.

[Elizabeth] Lizzie groaned and rubbed her aching head. The room felt like it was filled with oil and the colours were all bleeding into each other.

[nurseannie] "If you have taken nearly the whole bottle that I gave you yesterday, that is more than an accidental double dose. For that matter, your symptoms were much more severe than what I would have expected from that too."

[nurseannie] "The other thing that I am forced to consider now is that we have been doing a dissevice to you in just covering up your headaches with painkillers as apposed to actually dealing with their root cause. "

[nurseannie] "It is also possible that you are experiencing even more headaches due to a rebound affect of these drugs."

[Elizabeth] "I've been getting headaches since I manifested...the pills always used to work when I was younger..." Lizzie muttered. "Maybe you're giving me the wrong ones."

[Elizabeth] "And I didn't take even half of the bloody bottle," Lizzie sighed, sitting up and nearly fell sideways from a dizzy spell and grasped on to the bed rail to steady herself. At least...she didn't remember taking so many.

[Elizabeth] She bit her lip and looked sideways, suddenly feeling very uncomfortable and very, very sick.

[nurseannie] "No...in fact you are on a much higher dose than you were when you first started taking these. In fact you are at the highest dose allowed."

[nurseannie] "They lose affectiveness over the years, particularily if they are abused."

[Elizabeth] "I haven't been taking-" Lizzie started to say then quickly closed her mouth.

[nurseannie] "I think you are probabally not in a position to judge that at this moment Lizzie." Annie looked at her charge with some concern. "I think that we need to stop them immediately, see how you do, and reassess it once we have you stabalized."

[Elizabeth] "But you CAN'T!" Lizzie cried out and sat up on her knees, her stomach protesting horribly. "You can't take me off them - the pain'll send me insane!"

[nurseannie] "Granted the first couple of days will be quite difficult for you. But I think that your body needs some time to reset itself, you may find that your pain actually decreases when you break the cycle of the rebound affect."

[nurseannie] "And - its the perfect time to do it. You have no classes that you will be missing, and the school is mostly empty. You'll be able to have privacy at least."

[Elizabeth] Lizzie collapsed in a heap on the bed and buried her face in her hands. Oh god...It was just what her parents had wanted all along...

[Elizabeth] "I'm...Will you tell anyone about this?"

[nurseannie] "Of course not. I keep patient records confidential." she thought about it for a minute. "Well, I won't tell any of your peers. Because of the nature of your problem, I need to advise Xavier as the leader of this facility."

[Elizabeth] Lizzie almost laughed. "You do know he thinks I'm a headcase and that I'm going to go insane..." Lizzie said then surpressed a morbid giggle. "Heh, he also told me to come see you for medication to sort my head out amongts other suggestions."

[Elizabeth] Laughing was making her feel sick...Talking was. "I don't feel so well," Lizzie added in an undertone and rubbed her eyes.

[nurseannie] "Well, I really thing your best option is to have some councelling, and learn to control your powers better. Xavier could provide you with both."

[nurseannie] Annie nodded at that. "I'll turn the lights down and let you sleep it off then?"

[Elizabeth] "NO!" Lizzie sat up. "I am not going to talk to Xavier! I don't trust him I don't like him I am not going-" Lizzie hissed in annoyance and swung herself off the bed and started to pace the floor even though she felt like dyig on her feet.

[Elizabeth] There was no way she'd talk to Xavier about this...

[nurseannie] "Well, you have to learn to control them one way or another Lizzie. And he really is the person that would be most likely to be able to help you with that, being that he has similar abilities"

[nurseannie] "Unless you want to continue doing what you have been so far. How's that been working for you?" she smiled wryly at the agitated young woman.

[Elizabeth] "I don't want Xavier's help...He's been pretty slow at giving it as it is, so it's gettig a little late for him to earn my trust and respect. I have no desire to learn anything from that man," Lizzie said coldly, curling her lip.

[Elizabeth] Her inner upperclass brat was just screaming to be let out...

[Elizabeth] "I'm perfectly fine. I doubled dosed, thas all. If I was so bad you'd be pumping my stomach, wouldn't you?" Lizzie gave Annie a sly look that gave the impression it wouldnt have been the first time.

[nurseannie] "You vomited, so there was no need." Annie folded her arms across her chest and looked at her. "You still haven't answered my question about if you have been taking other medications, or recreational drugs."

[Elizabeth] "I don't take recreational drugs," Lizzie said stonily, glowering at Annie. "You have read my file I'm sure, so you will know I hardly...come from the background to be tampering with such things."

[nurseannie] Annie just smiled at her. "I actually find the upper class to be some of the worst offenders in that department."

[nurseannie] "If you aren't taking them though, that is great. How about other things? Over the counter painkillers, alcohol, that sort of thing?"

[Elizabeth] "Who doesn't drink around here?" Lizzie shrugged, gleaning off the subject. "And yes. Boarding schools are real hotbeds for class A drugs...." Lizzie snorted. "We weren't allowed tippex, never mind cocaine..."

[nurseannie] "Well, I am afraid that you shouldn't be drinking alcohol either, irregardless of what your classmates may be doing. You are going to have to go dry for a while if you want this to work."

[Elizabeth] Lizzie's jaw dropped. "Get stuffed. It's Christmas for one thing! How - You can't do that!" Lizzie scowled, stamping her foot on reflex and wincing as i made her head shake on impact with the floor.

[nurseannie] "To help you Lizzie. Just covering up your problems won't make them go away. It will get worse and worse until you won't be able to pull yourself out of it."

[Elizabeth] Lizzie put the heel of her palm to her forehead and turned to face the wall. How had it come to this? Was she really that bad...?

[nurseannie] "I know that this isn't going to be easy for you Lizzie, but its best that we just get it all over and done with in a fell swoop. Like lancing an abcess, or tearing a bandaid off. Its best not to pick at it."

[nurseannie] "So how about we head up to your room now, and straighten that all out for you, and then you can rest for a bit. Unless you would prefer to remain down here with me?"

[Elizabeth] "Whatever. If you'll trust me we can go to my room..." Lizzie thought, then felt slightly ill. "Can I come back here after? I...think I might have unsettled Angel a little."

[Elizabeth] Lizzie went red and turned back to face Annie. "I don't...trust myself to be around the others incase I get a telepathic headache. I might have an accident."

[nurseannie] "Of course you can. Just let me lock the cupboards first. That really would be a mess." she tittered.

Holy_Ghost enters this room

[nurseannie] "But it would be probabally much more comfortable for you in your own room. You just need to focus on learning control." She bit her tongue about mentioning Xavier again.

[Elizabeth] Lizzie glowered at Annie. Her first comment was NOT funny. Bitch.

[nurseannie] "Ah well. Let's get you up to your room for now."

((the remainder of this instance doesn't contain Angel so its not here - but it is in Lizzies thread))
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Slarti »

Dead of Night

(This is the first of two Christmas fics for Angel. It’s set a couple days after Lizzie’s overdose)

The ground was hard, so the digging was difficult. Angel leaned on the shovel with all her weight, hoping the earth would be softer after she got through the first layers. She knew she wouldn’t be able to dig the hole six feet deep, but she wanted it deep enough to keep the animals away from the grave.

She paused, winded, and listened to the inhuman wails in the distance. Somehow, she knew they wouldn’t – couldn’t -- touch her here, not so long as she kept digging and stayed inside the mansion. Wait – I’m digging in the mansion? Or was she outside? She peeled a hand from the shovel’s handle and looked at it, seeing weeping blisters and smeared blood….Why doesn’t it hurt?

She noticed the body on the ground beside her. Right. That’s why she was here. She had to bury him before….something happened. Her eyes focused on his hand -- fingers curled, arm bent unnaturally. If she pretended, she could still feel the almost painful beat of the music, remember the intense heat of the dance club, remember feeling she had belonged there… But that was a long time ago, wasn’t it?

The blood on his hand was starting to dry, flaking off in rusty bits that sank into the plush carpet. The blood – his blood -- covering her pajamas and skin was sloughing off as well, coating the grass like black snow. She shivered. She’s never seen so much blood.

A stumbling figure passed her by – Lizzie. But Lizzie’s brilliant purple hair was dull and matted, and as she turned her head Angel could see her pale eyes were vacant and staring. Just like after she took those pills… No, don’t think of that. She kept digging. Just as long as she dug, she was safe from the dead in the fog. The digging became easier, the earth flying off her spade, and soon the hole was complete.

She hadn’t looked at him, didn’t want to, before now. But now, she had to see. She rolled him over with some effort, but didn’t see whom she expected. Wait, who else would it be? Derek’s melted eyes stared up at her from an acid-etched face. She retched, backpedaling away from the corpse. I didn’t kill Derek! She kicked the corpse face down and lay panting beside it.

The thought of touching that body again sickened her, but she was compelled to finish her task. Maneuvering his corpse was less difficult than she thought it would be; Derek’s body seemed to be losing mass as she pulled it toward her, toward its grave. She didn’t have time to scream when the loose earth on the edge of the hole gave way.

The body fell on top of her, and she was struck with a sudden flash of their last night together -- his weight pressing into her. She wept and screamed and tried to scramble away, her short nails raking his chest and finding no purchase. Terror paralyzed her, and she closed her eyes, wondering if it would be easier to just go with it -- to lie beneath him in the dark and wait for the end.

He awoke with a snarl, and Angel snapped to with a strangled cry. She struggled ineffectually against him; still pinned flat on her back as he closed in on her. Her eyes caught the flash of white teeth and a blood-red light behind dark glasses. Not Derek! No, no, no, please no!

Angel fell completely off the rec room sofa as she awoke, flailing against her invisible attacker. She let out an unintelligible stream of cursing, in both English and Italian, and flung her tangled throw blanket across the floor. Panting, she stared at the zombie movie still playing on the big screen television. On the screen, a skinny, bloodied blonde ran through the streets of a ruined city, an army of the living dead hot on her heels.

She reached for the remote, and the images of death were replaced by inky darkness. Pulling herself upright, she stared at the blank screen, tucking her legs against her chest to try to stop her shaking. She set her chin against her knees and let out a shuddery breath. Despite the crazyness of the situation, it had seemed so real. So very real…

“Lizzie!” She jumped up and sprinted to their room, terrified Lizzie had done something to herself, and projected it into her roommate’s mind. She yanked open the door and scanned the darkened room, expecting mass carnage. Nope. Lizzie slept, if not peacefully, then quietly, in her bed. Angel let out a held breath.

Rubbing her eyes, she carefully shut the door behind her and tiptoed over to her own bed. She pulled back the covers and sat down, but she was positive she would not be getting any more sleep tonight. This is the last time I’m watching a zombie marathon with Jamie, a Jamie, whatever – Jesus, what sicko network executive plans zombie marathons at Christmas!? She huffed; she did not need any more dreams like that.

She was desperately craving a cigarette now, but after one glance at the frost edging the window decided it was too cold to brave the great outdoors. She could go back to the rec room to smoke – everyone else seemed to do that – but the thought of sitting alone in that big dark room was not appealing either. So, no cigarette for her. Oh well, she’d been smoking a lot less lately anyway as part of her self-imposed self-improvement program.

Lizzie stirred a bit in her sleep, making a noise that sounded a lot like a whimper to Angel. She squinted at her roommate’s blanket-bundled form in the dark. It was so hard for Angel to shake the images of that day, especially as the dream Lizzie’s blank face floated back to the surface of her mind. She shivered, replaying it in her mind up until the moment she’d awoke. Motherfuck…no, no sleeping tonight….

She impulsively opened the drawer on her bedside table a crack and took out a small velvet box. Folding back her wings, she settled against the headboard and stared at it. She still wasn’t entirely sure why she had accepted Scott’s Christmas gift. Maybe it had been the way he had tensed up when she had started to say she couldn’t take it. She hadn’t been able to bear the thought of rejecting him.

Well, there was that. Also, they’re damn cool, she thought, feeling only slightly guilty at that aspect of her decision. She opened the box and ran her eyes over the little dragonfly earrings. Hmmm. They were beautiful, but she couldn’t wear them. Though she never intended to, she had hurt him too badly with her own gift to be able to wear them guilt-free.

Her inner cynic had urged her to Google Scott’s name the other day, just to be sure. And, a few pages in, once she got past the Summers who apparently raced motorcycles, she had found the little archived news brief. Scott Summers, a young American contender for the junior tennis championships, had been tragically injured in an accident; his name had quickly been scratched from the roster. Well, fuck. But at least now she was sure. He had told her the truth, and that made her feel so much better.

Up until the last time she’d seen him before break, Angel had harbored many doubts about him. Scott was truly, deeply weird, and not good at playing with others. With a few exceptions, she knew more about him from MySpace than from actual conversations. She’d also learned he apparently thought he was in love with her from his MySpace. Weird, weird, weird…though her own heart had flipped over at that revelation. Stupid heart.

It still made her nervous whenever a Jekyll-and-Hyde quirk reminded her of her asshole stepfather, or Derek. But, he wasn’t at all like Derek, when she thought about it. He was just Scott, and Scott didn’t let anyone figure his shit out. She got that – she was just getting better at not making an ass of herself keeping people away from her.

Her thoughts wandered backward to the night they’d all played spin the bottle. Even though they’d both been drunk, she couldn’t deny the emotions that had surfaced when they’d kissed. She sighed and enjoyed the memory. That had been amazing, but her resolve to keep him at a distance had been shot to hell. In truth, she hadn’t been too sorry to see it go -- she was tired of fighting her feelings for him.

So, what now? She thought she was starting to understand him, and he’d be back in less than a month – she’d figure it all out then. She had her own shit to sort right now.

She wasn’t the girl who had come here last fall -- the girl who had ached for petty crime or drugs to erase her memories of home and of New York City. She had made a conscious decision to change her life when she came back to Xavier’s, and so far hadn’t done a horrible job at it. After struggling to catch up, her final grades for the semester had been decent. She even felt she more or less fit in on this real-life Island of Misfit Toys. More importantly, she believed Father Wagner and Professor Howlett -- this school and the opportunity it offered her gave her a chance at a better future.

And it was the best offer she’d gotten since she’d woken up in that cocoon nearly a year ago. It’d do. For now. She clicked the jewelry box closed and returned it to her drawer.

[Edited on 3-8-2006 by Slarti]
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Slarti »

Angel’s Christmas blog, with fic to follow. No more zombies. I swear. Only fluffy goodness.

Turkey cooking for dummies

I spent the last few days with Uncle Alex, so we’ve been hittin all the restaurants and shopping and hanging. We went out to dinner and to see one of his buddies star in A Christmas Carol. Man, its funny to see a 25-year-old gay dude as Scrooge! Howlett woulda loved it! We even went to la Vigilia di Natale midnight mass, and that was cool.

Also, don’t let us cook together EVER again! How was we supposed to know there was a plastic bag of guts inside that turkey?! Thank god the Japanese restaurant was open Christmas day!

My dad said we’d spend some time together after Christmas, but he had to spend the day itself with my step-moms family. I get it, I do, cause my little brother, okay, HALF brother, Mikey is still a kid, but still. Anyways, he gave my presents to Alex to pass along and I got a ton of clothes and other stuff. I think he felt bad for not spending Christmas with me. Heh, parental guilt is a GOOD thing.

Buon Natale everybody!
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Post by HoodedMan »

I could have sworn I commented on that first fic, but I can't find it... brilliant! And creepy. Tres creepy.

Angel certainly has a vivid imagination, doesn't she? But it's very awesome how it's just like a real dream, an amalgamation of what she really did recently experience (such as Lizzie's overdose and her worry) and past events, with a little bit of spice thrown in (zombie movies tend to do that ;)).

Awesome, Slarti! I hope to see more.
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Slarti »

Rec Room
Summers enters this room

[Angel_II] Angel curled up on the sofa flipping though a magazine. Bored. Bored. Bored.

[Angel_II] She twirled a lock of hair around her finger and stared at the tips thoughtlessly.

[Summers] Scott wandered down the hallway in search of the cat. He’d been back for almost two hours now, and hadn’t seen a soul, not even Fr. Wagner who’d left him at his door. It was very creepy.

[Angel_II] Wow, her hair was the same color as that model! She squinted at the picture and snickered to herself. Cool.

[Summers] He found himself at the door to the rec room. It was as if everyone gravitated to it magically. Maybe it’s the center of the house. He banished the odd thought. It wasn’t. With a shrug he opened the door and went in.

[Summers] And there was Angel. His heart beat faster even as his stomach dropped. “Hi, Angel! Finally, another living soul!”

[Angel_II] Shifting into a more comfortable position, she flipped more pages then stopped and frowned. What was that noise? Was Lizzie actually up and around? She twisted to look at the door.

[Angel_II] Scott! She scrambled up from her awkward position, totally forgetting that she was semi-annoyed he's never returned the message she'd left him. "Scott! Hey, you're back early!" She hugged him quickly and then bounced back, looking him up and down. His hair was longer....and he looked... kinda pale?

[Summers] “Hey, Angel!” He smiled. “Yep, back early. Uh, unforeseen problems contrived to get me back a week early.” He collapsed onto the couch, moving the magazine to the coffee table. “How was your Christmas? I haven’t checked MySpace or anything for the whole holiday, really.”

[Summers] He noticed with a pang, that she wasn't wearing the earrings. Stop being silly - she's probably worn them already and it's not like she knew you were coming back early.

[Angel_II] She joined him on the couch, sliding him a sideways glance as he moved the magazine. The hair was…pretty hot, but he looked thinner too. Great. “Oh, mine was good! Got almost a whole new wardrobe, man!"

[Angel_II] "My dad feels guilty I think for not bein’ around much before." She grinned, still happy with her dad's new interest in her. "How about you? You didn't sound so thrilled when I talked to ya."

[Summers] Fuck. Stall. "Oh - well. It was um...hectic. Lotsa family. You know, all the drama a large family has with multiple young kids running around. I'm glad your dad's nice. How was Alex?"

[Summers] Scott shofted on the couch slightly. Take the bait, talk some more. Please. I'm not ready yet.

[Summers] "You look lovely in the cream sweater and jeans.”

[Summers] "Or is it ivory?"

[Angel_II] “Heh, never really had a big family like that….apparently I got one, in Italy, but not here.” She watched him shift around a bit. Hmmm….another semester of What’s Up Wit’ Scott. Fuck.

[Angel_II] “Alex is good, he’s cool.” She giggled a bit remembering Christmas day. “He should NEVER cook though. He killed the turkey. We had sushi instead for Christmas.”

[Angel_II] She looked down at her sweater. “Um, thanks…..the magazine says this is oatmeal.” She shrugged.

[Summers] ."Sushi, huh? That's cool. We ‘menfolk’ back at home aren’t allowed in the kitchen unless we’re bringing supplies. Except my older cousin Randy. He can cook better than my mom.”

[Summers] “So, besides going out for sushi and getting a new wardrobe, what else have you done? How was rooming with Lizzie and having a Dupe around?”

[Angel_II] She had to giggle again at ‘menfolk.’ Did everybody from Nebraska talk like this? Her smile fell at the mention of Lizzie. Should she tell him? She’d never been told it was a secret really…

[Angel_II] “Well, things were mostly quiet…. I watched a lot of TV with Jamie, and read some of those books you told me about.” She chewed her lip. “Lizzie kinda had an accident, so I ain’t seen much of her.”

[Summers] “Is she ok?” Angel was upset about something. She was gnawing on her lip, and twisting a lock of her hair. “Are you ok?” He turned to her, hoping she was. As Rich had pointed out, he wasn’t exactly very emotionally stable.

[Angel_II] “Oh, no, no, she’s okay, now….well, better at least. I think. And I’m fine.” She took a deep breath and calmed herself. “She, uh, took too many of her headache pills…”

[Summers] Scott swallowed, and felt his heart stop. Oh my god. His vision swam, and for a moment he thought he was going to be sick. “R-really?” He shivered, suddenly cold. He rubbed his palms on his thighs. “That’s terrible.”

[Summers] You gotta tell her, Summers, there’s nothing for it now. Just….just blurt it out and get it over and done with! “Um…I need to tell you something.”

[Angel_II] Angel watched him go paler and felt her stomach drop. Oh, God, what now? “It was an accident, she just lost track….” She trailed off. “Tell me something? Tell me what?”

[Summers] He sat forward, then leant back, the forward again. Spit it out. Just like Rich said, slowly, gently. Just the facts, and one thing at a time, and try to keep it simple. “Ok – here it is. All of it. Just, please don’t say anything until I’m done.”

[Angel_II] Her eyebrows climbed. "Ooookay." She'd heard that before from him... 'please don't say anything until I'm done'....before he jumped Remy.

[Summers] He took a breath. “When my powers manifested, I got really, really, really depressed. I’ve been seeing a therapist now for almost three years. I was put on medication a year ago. When I came here, I was feeling happy, relaxed, and I guess, normal. So I stopped taking my pills."

[Summers] He realized hsi hands were shaking, and stuffed them in between the couch cusions. He didn't look at her. “It was a big mistake, and things spiraled out of control. You, TJ and Remy have felt the brunt of it. This Christmas I was feeling so bad, that…”

[Angel_II] “Oh,” she said softly. OH! Holy shit! Well, that explained a lot…. God. She watched him tremble, feeling her heart break for him.

[Summers] He swallowed and closed his eyes. “I took all my pills. With sleeping pills. And Vodka. Vicodin too. I’ve been in the hospital for the whole break and Rich only let me come back a week early so I could settle in and get relaxed before everyone showed up.” He said almost whispering.

[Summers] He willed himself not to rock and continued, “I’m back on the meds, and I have to go see a psychiatrist and a therapist and call Rich everyday. And my parents. And some days I wish I’d succeeded. Some days I’m glad I’m alive."

[Angel_II] Angel’s eyes nearly popped from her head. Oh my fucking God! She blinked. What the fuck did you say to something like that? He…he had tried to kill himself. Jesusmotherfuckingchrist!

[Angel_II] She didn’t know what to say….but she carefully laid her hand on his shoulder. “I’m glad you’re alive,” she whispered.

[Summers] “Rich says if I take my meds properly, I’ll stabilize within a few months.” He didn’t dare tell her he’d planned to kill himself for weeks before. He looked up at her finally.

[Summers] He blinked. She looked as terrible as he felt. He took her hand in both of his, thinking that they were both shaking he wondered if the whole mansion wasn’t.

[Summers] “It’s not your fault, or anyone’s but my own. I don’t want your sympathy, or ‘you poor baby’ or ‘why didn’t I see it and help?’ Nobody could have. I set myself on this track, and I kept going.”

[Summers] He took in a deep breath and let it out slowly, feeling lighter. He gave her a wan smile. “That help with the mystery of ‘Psycho Scott’?”

[Angel_II] Angel still didn’t know what to say, and quickly shoved away the memory of Lizzie’s blank eyes as she’d gotten sicker and sicker from her overdose. She instead looked down at her hand in his. Thank God he hadn’t managed to succeed…

[Angel_II] She puffed a half-choked laugh at his last words. “I haven’t thought you were psycho for a while…. but I-I’m glad you told me….”

[Angel_II] Wait. She blinked. "Who's Rich?"

[Summers] "My main therapist and psychologist. Friend of the family, but he took me on as well as his regular workload. He’s been with me since day one.” Scott smiled a little wider. “He calls it as he sees it.”

nakedremy enters this room

[Angel_II] Angel made an “O” with her mouth, still in shock. “Um, that’s good that you have somebody like that…”

[Angel_II] She found herself in a situation completely foreign to her -- she was speechless.

[Summers] Scott watched her closely. Shit. "I’m sorry I unloaded all of that on you. But it just came out.” Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. He was glad he was holding her hand, otherwise he would have have bolted and kept on running until he collapsed with exhaustion.

[Summers] He gently patted her hand, alternately stroking it, trying to warm her hands as much as his own.

[Angel_II] She shook herself mentally. Say something, stupid! She looked down at his hands and set her other atop them, stilling him. She tried to catch his eyes as best she could behind those damn glasses. “No, I’m glad you told me.”

[Angel_II] “And, I want ya to know you can talk to me too… about anything.” Despite his assertion it was not her fault, she felt guilty, and she’d be damned if she didn’t let him know she was there for him.

[Summers] "Thank you, Angel. That means a lot to me. I return the favor whole heartedly." He gave her a real smile, feeling better than he had in a while.

[Angel_II] She nodded and returned the smile, working her bluff back up. “Good, and thanks. Soooo, I will say there ain’t much to do around here with everybody gone. It’ll be a dull week.”

[Angel_II] "A little better though now that you're back." She managed a brighter grin at that. "But, still, other than TV with the dupe...." She shrugged.

[Summers] Scott pulled his hands away gently. "I brought all my t-tennis gear back with me. You should have seen the look on Fr. Wagner's face when he saw all my luggage! Maybe you’d like to play sometime?”

[Summers] He looked at her hopefully.

[Angel_II] She caught his slight stutter and winced internally but kept smiling. “Yeah, that’d be cool, um, I got no clue how to play, y’know…”

[Angel_II] "Wait... Father Wagner? He's back too?"

[Summers] "Yeeaah. He kinda brought me here." He shrugged sheepishly. "did you know he came all the way from Rome?"

[Summers] "No worries about tennis. I can teach you."

[Angel_II] "Cool, that'd be nice...." He was going to teach her tennis....wow. How surreal was this getting? "Rome?! No! That dude's full of surprises."

[Summers] Scott fidgeted with the edge of his sweater before saying, "I think I'm going to find and the cat and take a nap." He looked at her. "I feel terrible for dumping my shit on you, then bolting, but I'm so tired. I'll see you later?" He stood up.

[Angel_II] She bolted up too. "Um, okay, sounds like a good idea...No, no worries. Like I said, I want you to tell me." She smiled again, looking him up and down. No wonder he looked like shit....

[Angel_II] God.... she swallowed back the knot in her thoat. "See you later then." Unable to stop herself, she hugged him, holding on for just a second before pulling back. She couldn't lose it in front of him. "I'm gonna go check on Lizzie."

[Summers] "Ok, tell her I hope she feels better soon."

[Angel_II] "I will," she said, bending down to gather up her magazines. Don't cry. Don't cry....

[Summers] "Ok then. I'll see you later." He squeezed her shoulder gently and left the room, running down the hall and up the stairs. You are unbelieveable, Summers: just leave her after dropping that bomb. Shut up, you. I don't need to hear that crap again.

[Angel_II] Angel straightened up to watch him go. She could hear him running....and somehow, that was the last straw. She clutched the magazines to her chest and choked on a sob.

[Angel_II] She wasn’t sure how she’d kept so calm with Scott there, but the initial shock was wearing off fast. She started to hyperventilate as tears trickled down.

[Angel_II] She walked to the door and made sure he was out of sight. It was too much, just way too much! She’d just barely gotten her own shit halfway figured out – then Lizzie, and now Scott!

[Angel_II] Lizzie. Fuck. I can’t go back to the room; Lizzie shouldn’t see me like this either. She veered off, choking back her tears as she changed her destination to the theater.

Summers exits from this room
nakedremy exits from this room
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Slarti »

Theater
Summers enters this room
[Summers] ((spy))

[Angel_II] She entered the backstage door and slid into the dressing room alcove, flipping on the light as she went. She stopped inches from the wall mirror and stared open-mouthed at her own reflection, throwing the magazines across the room with a shout.

[Angel_II] Eyes wet and puffy, face red, mascara running….No, no, no, Scott can’t ever see me like this….he doesn’t need this…

[Angel_II] This ain’t fair. Not even fucking close. How could he even fucking think of doing something so fucking stupid!? And she couldn’t stop the Lizzie-inspired images of him dying alone -- thinking no one would give a shit if he was dead -- from flooding her brain.

[Angel_II] She couldn’t really blame him, but she had to blame somebody! Something! Why hadn’t she noticed? Why hadn’t any of them?

[Angel_II] All the seemingly unconnected events of the last few months had violently slammed into place in her head as he’d spoken. Things had been getting weird before the fight with Remy, but afterward, and Thanksgiving….

[Angel_II] It all now made a twisted sort of sense, but was still so senseless to her. Even in her worst days in New York, when she hadn’t cared if she lived or died, she’d never consciously made a decision to die.

[Angel_II] “This blubbering ain’t helping anybody,” she whispered. Exercising the last of her will, she stopped her sobbing and calmed her breathing. “Lock it up, girlfriend.”

[Angel_II] She dried her face with a paper towel, scraping off her mascara stains. Finished, she sniffed at her reflection. Better, but there had to be a makeup kit around here somewhere. She started hunting.
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Derelict Landlord

Instance: A very special Wagner Christmas

Post by Saint Kurt »

RecRoom

[Shiro] Shiro walked in to the Recroom shaking from the cold air

[Shiro] "chikushou sorenari hiyaritoshita" he cursed looking out of the window

[Shiro] (damn it is cold out there)

[Elizabeth] Lizzie was in the corner, out of her room for once as she was getting sick of the sight of it. She just hoped that there wouldn't be too many people around...She was not in much of a 'people' mood.

Summers enters this room

[Shiro] he sitted on to the couch and started to play his playstation portable ((:/))

[Summers] Scott walked in, looking for people to tell his plan to. Ah - there was Lizzie in the corner. She didn't look very approachable...but.

[Summers] "Hi, Lizzie." He said with a smile.

[Angel_II] Angel sat in the chair, flipping though a magazine idly. Bored again. She fiddled with her dragonfly earrings. She was still nervous wearing something that nice just around the school.

[Elizabeth] Lizzie blinked. Scott was....talking? Lizzie looked up at him, mumbled a hello and looked away.

[Shiro] Suddenly Shiro threw his psp to the floor allmost yelling "fuck you", then he took it and put it in to his pocket

[Shiro] not the best moment to play

[Elizabeth] She wished she had her cloak with her as it was slightly cold in her little corner, but she didn't want to damage it by dragging it all over the school like a security blanket.

[Summers] "And Angel." He added belatedly seeing her.

[Elizabeth] Lizzie jumped slightly at Shrio's outburst and drew her knees to her chest.

[Summers] He glanced at Shirop and inwardly sighed at the wall of silence that was Lizzie.

[TheFallen] "Hey, Scott..." Warren said uneasily as he walked over and nudged Lizzie.

[Angel_II] "Hey, you," she grinned at him.

[TheFallen] * TheFallen bent down out of Scott's hearing. "Be nice," he ordered, smirking then walking away.

[Elizabeth] Lizzie jumped a little at the nudge and smiled slightly up at Warren.

[Elizabeth] "Or else what?"

Japheth enters this room

[Summers] "I have an idea." He walked over to Angel. "Fr. Wagner needs a little Christmas party. He doesn't have any family to celebrate it with, and I thought it would be nice if we threw him a Christmas party."

[Japheth] "Geez Scott, you already using my bed as a storage area?"

[Summers] ((redundancy thou name is me))

[Summers] Scott turned at Japh

[Summers] 's voice. Hey! I didn't , uh, think you were coming back early, I"ll move it asap."

[Angel_II] She sat up, setting down the magazine. "Hey, good idea. He's cool."

[Japheth] "What's this about a Christmas party?"

[Summers] "For Fr. Wagner. He doesn't have a family to spend it with, so he didn't celebrate it. So, I';m going to throw him a little party." He told japh.

[Angel_II] “Hey, Japh! Welcome back, man.” She smiled at him.

[Japheth] Japh smiled back at Angel, "Hey, wondered when you'd notice me."

[Summers] "We just need a few more decorations and maybe a fire in the fire place, then we can get some food out. I have a present for him." He patted the sweater pocket that held the tennis ball.

[Summers] “What do you guys think?”

[Elizabeth] A party? For the man who she had thrown ito a bookcase, whose office she had broken into twice - onnce to end up throwing him into said bookcase and the other time to make a long distance phone call?

[TheFallen] * TheFallen nodded silently in the corner. It sounded like a really good idea to him.

[TheFallen] A grin dawned. And he had just the idea for a present... how to get it, though, before the party started?

[Elizabeth] And who she had harrassed as soon as he had returned to school.....As glad as she was to see him, Lizzie was not buying it too well and looked nervously at Warren, hoping he'd suss things by the look on her face.

[Japheth] "I think it's an nice idea."

[TheFallen] Summers> "Do I have time to drive out real quick and get something?"
[Summers] "Ok - I'll go get some leftovers from the kitchen, can someone get the fire going?"

[Summers] "Uh, ok..." Crap what was his name? "Warren."

[TheFallen] * TheFallen grinned evilly at the word fire. "Why, I think I could start a fire at that. Where would you prefer?"

[Japheth] Japh turned to look at Warren after Scott's question.

[Elizabeth] "Try the fireplace..."

[Elizabeth] "Not the tree. You can't burn the tree."

[Summers] Scott nodded, remembering Halloween. "Ok, I'll be right back." He left.

[Summers] ((Who's going to go get Fr. Wagner?))

[TheFallen] "Of course I can," he smirked at her, then walked over to the fireplace, breathed in deeply, then lit it with a huff.

[TheFallen] "And now I'll be right back," he tipped an imaginary hat and walked out to start his car.

[Elizabeth] "No, it's against the rules. Probably."

[Angel_II] ((I dunno....I'm...getting decorations maybe. Got an issue. BRB))

[Summers] ((k))

[Elizabeth] Lizzie got up. God...present? She didn't know. "Umm...I'll...I don't know," Lizzie shrugged. She had no way of going to get a present as Warren had gone already. She couldn't cook, do decorations....

[Summers] Scott returned a few minutes later, loaded down with tupperware full of a feast that Professor Xavier must have had the part-time cook make.

[Angel_II] “I think I saw some more decorations in the closet, yo. I’ll be right back.” She hopped up and left to hunt them down.

[Elizabeth] "One question....how are we going to get Wagner in here?" Lizzie asked with a shrug.

[Summers] He smiled to himself as he set up the food on the coffee table. "Plates and silverware." Scott paused in leaving. "Isn't he in this office?"

[TheFallen] * TheFallen walked back into the room and sat down on the couch, grinning widely.

[Elizabeth] "Why would he be? Hasn't he had an international flight recently? He'll probably be in his own room, jet lagged."

[Elizabeth] Lizzie noticed Warren come back in, looking very smug.

[Summers] "Well, then, why don;t you go get him, and I'll finish the details?"

[Elizabeth] "Oh, okay..." Lizzie shrugged and stuffed her hands in her pockets and wandered out of the room.

[Summers] Scott left to get the china and flatware.

[Angel_II] Angel came back in with a small box of tasteless decorations and starting setting them up.

[Angel_II] ((I'm sorta back. Kinda))

[Summers] Scott returned and set the dishes and silverware in a pile next to the food.

[Japheth] Japh looked at Scott with the dishes. "so... uhmmm" Japh started to feel like a fifth wheel. "Anything for me to do? I feel a little useless at the moment."

[Summers] "Oh, awesome, Angel." Scott said as he pulled out some garish wrapping paper and a bit of loose string.

[Summers] "Well, um...I forgot napkins, if you want to go get those."

[TheFallen] "Come to think of it, I should probably gift wrap that present. Don't want to give it to him in a Home Depot bag." Warren smirked and headed back upstairs.

[Japheth] Japh left for the napkins.

[Summers] Scott looked at his wrapped ball. It looked messy. Oh well. It's the thought that counts. Round objects are harder to wrap that rectangular ones.

[Japheth] Japh came back with thee kinds of napkins, "Okay, we have the ordinary cheap white ones, the frilly froo froo red ones and the stylish green ones. Which one then, and choose carefully, your life may depend on it."

[Angel_II] Angel finished setting up the little knickknacks and looked around. Well, she had jack to give him, but, she helped at least.

[Summers] "Put them all down. You never know."

[Summers] "I got some left over eggnog, some soda and juice."

[Japheth] "Okay, but I have this strange feeling the green ones would be the best. I don't know why." Japh placed them on the table.

[TheFallen] * TheFallen headed back down the stairs. "So how's it going?"

[Elizabeth] Lizzie walked into the room, talking in a very loud voice over her shoulder.

[Elizabeth] "Honest sir I saw a huge RAT! With FANGS! This place should be condemmed!"

[TheFallen] "Aw, shi—" Warren dove into the room and hid behind the couch.

[Elizabeth] "And if it isn't gotten rid of right now I shall not be held responsible for my actions."

[Summers] ((rats?! lol))

[Fr.Wagner] "Lizzie, are you sure it wasn't the cat?"

[Elizabeth] "Unless it's eaten the fur of it's tail, NO!" Lizzie squeaked, stamping her foot.

[Angel_II] Angel snickered at Lizzie's loud pronouncement, stepping out of immediate view of the door.

[TheFallen] * TheFallen snickered silently behind the couch. Lizzie put on a good performance.

[Fr.Wagner] "What I mean to say is... I really don't think there are rats with fangs here, but I have the net and the traps like you asked."

[Elizabeth] "It's disgusting! I shouldn't have to stand for it!" Lizzie took on a dramatic stance and folded her arms, sniffing the air.

[Elizabeth] "Rats have sharp teeth, don't they?" Lizzie looked at him very innocently. Oooh, she was evil to make him lug that big net down into the rec room....

[Fr.Wagner] * Fr.Wagner stepped into the room.

[Fr.Wagner] ((He's not dressed in clerics. Just jeans and a t-shirt.))

[Summers] "Merry Christmas Fr. Wagner!" Scott said.

[Summers] ((hehe. guttermind for that too...))

[Angel_II] "Merry Christmas," Angel chimed in. "Little late..."

[TheFallen] * TheFallen stood up from behind the couch and nodded to Wagner. At least Scott hadn't insisted they all childishly yell "Surprise!" or something like that.

[Japheth] "Merry Christmas" Japh joined in.

[Elizabeth] "What they said," Lizzie said all innocence as she looked up at Wagner.

[Fr.Wagner] * Fr.Wagner jumped back in surprise, nearly netting Lizzie. For a moment he was speechless. Then he said the first thing that came to his mind. "Oh, I feel ridiculous."

[Elizabeth] ((Lizzie is wearing what I wore to work today as I said so http://www.tshirtsville.com/acatalog/ba ... shirt.html))

[Fr.Wagner] "How... When... did you do this?"

[TheFallen] ((LOL))

[TheFallen] * TheFallen smirked.

[Elizabeth] Lizzie squealed and tripped as the net came crashing towards her head and landed on the rug.

[Japheth] Japh reached out to help Lizzie up.

[Fr.Wagner] "I'm sorry," Kurt said quickly and leaned it against the wall.

[Elizabeth] "You feel ridiculous?" Lizzie blinked, allowing Japh to help her up.

[TheFallen] ((so we have drinks but no food?))
[Elizabeth] ((liquid lunch))

[Fr.Wagner] ((It's a typical party at Xaviers))

[Summers] "Just now, I guess. We have food too." Scott gestured to the laden coffee table. "Sit down and enjoy?"

[TheFallen] ((rofl, except nothing's alcoholic))

[Japheth] "I'm surprised that was the least you did for her terrible acting."

[Fr.Wagner] He walked into the room in astonishment.

[Elizabeth] Lizzie scowled at Japh and slunk over to the coffee table, picked up a few morsels and went to sit a polite distance from everyone.

[Elizabeth] "I'd like to see you do better next time."

[TheFallen] * TheFallen raised an eyebrow across the room at her. Nope, not in a good mood.

[Fr.Wagner] "This is incredible. I was alone in the presbytery over Christmas."

[Fr.Wagner] "How did you know?"

[Japheth] "Don't worry Lizzie, I don't even have acting abilities, I have to envy yours." Japh whispered to Lizzie.

[Summers] "Lucky guess?" Scott smiled.

[Fr.Wagner] "Well, it's amazing. We had a Christmas tree and decorations at our presbytery , but nothing like this."

[Angel_II] On impulse Angel gave Father Wagner a quick hug. "Merry late Christmas, then," she said. She liked him....and he had been a large part of her decision to trust the school. She stepped back, embarrased at her little display.

[Fr.Wagner] "Thank you."

[Fr.Wagner] "Merry Christmas to you Angel."

[Elizabeth] Lizzie felt a little awkward...She did like Wagner, in her own very odd way....But she felt like she was very out of place.

[Summers] "Well, uh sit down, relax." Scott said, gesturing to the couch and display of food.

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt looked over at a table where food and drink had been set out. It was so nice of them. It made him think of his last conversation with Xavier, how the only way to gain their trust was to be with the students and to be honest.

[Angel_II] She nodded and gave him a little smile, slinking back to her chair.

[Fr.Wagner] Had he done that then?

[TheFallen] ((Haha, too bad he doesn't know Warren spiked the eggnog again.))
[Angel_II] ((LMAO))

[TheFallen] ((No, he didn't. But rofl.))

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt sat down on the couch and gestured for the other students to join him.

[Fr.Wagner] "I know all of you weren't here over the break, you'll have to tell me what you did with your free time."

[Japheth] "I think I'll stand, I was sitting for 15 hours straight before now."

[Elizabeth] Lizzie wriggled a little on the armchair she was sat on and brushed a few crumbs off her lap. She froze up the moment she heard Wagner asking everyone to tell him what they had done....

[TheFallen] * TheFallen sits down hesitantly on the other side of the couch.

[Summers] Scott moved the tennis ball aside, and sat down on the loor, back to the warm fire.

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt laughed. "Oh, you had to do the thing that I did a few days ago. I really hate flying."

[Elizabeth] Oh. Yes. Because most of her time had been taken up by going cold fucking turkey. She did so so want to share that....She looked at the floor and pretened she wasn't even there.

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt tried some of the food that had been set out. It was pretty good. He had a feeling that the students hadn't made it, but that wasn't what mattered.

[Japheth] "Well at least I got a window seat this time. That helped a lot."

[TheFallen] "Almost burned down the kitchen," Warren said with a dark grin.

[Elizabeth] Lizzie perked up a little on Warren's words. That had been funny....

[Japheth] "Yes, thankfully I save all the napkins"

[Fr.Wagner] "I always try to get the seat where there's nobody next to me," Kurt said with a grin.

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt looked at Warren quizically. "Were you cooking in the kitchen? Or doing something else?"

[TheFallen] "Cooking. Not very well. I think I put too much brandy in the brandy pudding," he said with a grin.

[Angel_II] Angel sat quietly and watched the others. She hadn't done jack, except kill time.

[Elizabeth] Lizzie hid an evil grin with her hand. "We just can't cook very well..."

[TheFallen] "It kind of..." he mimiced an explosion with his hands.

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt laughed. "They do put the word brandy first don't they."

[Elizabeth] Lizzie squeezed her eyes shut, her shoulders shaking violently as she remembered the pudding exploding and covering the entire room. Thankfully she'd thrown up a telekenitic sheild just in time...sort of.

[Summers] Scott softed uncomfortably, thinking how he had spent his holiday. He kept his mouth closed.

[Elizabeth] At least the pudding had escaped their heads....

[Summers] (shifted*))

[Fr.Wagner] "Do you know," Kurt said, "I very nearly told Xavier I would not be returning for another term."

[TheFallen] * TheFallen raised his head in surprise.

[Elizabeth] Lizzie's laughter faded slightly as Kurt changed the conversation. She swallowed nervously and her eyes flickered to Kurt, then to Warren, then back to Kurt, then to the floor.

[Angel_II] She looked at Wagner at that. Really?

[Summers] "Really? Why not?"

[Fr.Wagner] "I missed home so much, and I didn't know if what I was doing was helping. If I was making a difference in your lives or if I was just the guy with the punishments."

[TheFallen] * TheFallen frowned slightly. He felt kind of bad about that; he gave Wagner a lot of crap but he was a pretty good guy.

[Fr.Wagner] "Xavier asked me to return and after a lot of discussion, I agreed. But I wasn't sure why."

[Summers] "Well, I for one, am VERY glad you came back. You are helping, and definitely making a difference!"

[TheFallen] * TheFallen smirked. He knew that feeling. In fact, the whole situation was rather reminiscent of his situation.

[TheFallen] * TheFallen nodded without speaking, echoing Scott's sentiment.

[Elizabeth] And the fact I dropped a fucking bookcase on you probably didn't help, Lizzie thought bitterly.

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt smiled at Scott. "Yes, thank you for this. It shows me that I may have had a affect - for the better."

[Angel_II] Angel nodded. Other than Howlett, Wagner was the only adult here she trusted.

[Summers] Scott smiled back. "Wait, here." Scott sat forward and handed the present to Fr. Wagner.

[TheFallen] * TheFallen raised an eyebrow. "Present time?"

[Fr.Wagner] Curiously Fr. Wagner took the strangely wrapped misshapen ball. "What is it?" he asked.

[Summers] "Open it and see."

[Angel_II] Angel had already given him a hug, and that was all she had in term of presents. What the heck was that round thing she'd seen Scott fiddling with?

[Fr.Wagner] * Fr.Wagner carefully undid the wrapping and looked at the gift as it sat in a paper nest in his hands.

[Fr.Wagner] It was a tennisball. He turned it over in his hands and saw a signature scrawled across it's green fuzzy surface. He couldn't read it.

[Fr.Wagner] "Who?" he asked Scott.

[Elizabeth] Lizzie fiddled with the hem of her cutoff skirt...She felt so damn uncomfortable, especially now the presents were coming out.

[TheFallen] * TheFallen raised an eyebrow. A tennis ball?

[Elizabeth] Okay, on seeing the tennis ball she didnt feel so bad.

[Summers] "Pete Sampras. World number one tennis player."

[Angel_II] A tennis ball? Angel squinted at it, remembering her disastrous present to Scott.

[TheFallen] * TheFallen raised both eyebrows. Well that was pretty awesome. Was Wagner a tennis fan?

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt was taken aback. "Shouldn't this be very valuable?" he asked.

[Elizabeth] Lizzie sat back. Fairly impressive...if you liked tennis.

[Summers] "Yeah, but I haven't taken very good care of it, so I thought you might like to have it."

[Fr.Wagner] "Though, the true value in any gift is when it reminds one of the give whenever they see it."

[Angel_II] Wow, pretty cool. She toyed with her earrings again unconsciously. He had to have given Wagner something from his personal collection.

[Fr.Wagner] "These are my favorite kinds of gifts both to give and receive."

[Summers] Scott looked away and noticed angel playing with her earrings. The dragonfl;y ones. He smiled happily.

[Fr.Wagner] "Thank you Scott. I will find a special place for it so that even when I'm not here or you are long graduated I will still think of Scott Summers and of this wonderful surprise."

[Japheth] Japh grabbed a glass, "Well, this cause for a toast. To Father Wagner, who wanted to go, but thankfully, decided to stay. Goodness knows where this would lead, we could only pray."

[Summers] Scott flushed. "Awesome." He managed.

[TheFallen] * TheFallen was kind of uncomfortable; he hoped he didn't get that kind of sentiment in response to his present. It was meant more as a joke.

[TheFallen] * TheFallen grabbed a glass of soda.

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt laughed, and looked around for a glass to toast with.

[Elizabeth] Lizzie got up and grabbed a glass of juice, snifing cautiously to make sure it was juice and only juice.

[Angel_II] Angel picked up the tea she had been drinking earlier, smiling to herself at Scott's blush. How cute was that?

[Japheth] ((and nothing but the juice so help me god))

[Summers] Scott handed Fr. Wagner a glass of soda.

[Summers] ((LMAO))

[Summers] And took one for himself.

[Fr.Wagner] "Thanks," Kurt said with a smile and he took the glass from Scott.

[Fr.Wagner] He clinked his glass loudly with Japh's.

[TheFallen] * TheFallen clinked his glass with the others.

[Fr.Wagner] He looked at the tennis ball from Scott again. He hadn't expected presents at all.

[TheFallen] * TheFallen coughed. "I should go get mine," he said, and walked out of the room.

[TheFallen] ((brb, that means))

[Summers] Scott raised his glass and smiled. "To Fr. Wagner!"

[Angel_II] Angel raised her teacup and joined in. ((brb too))

[Elizabeth] Lizzie muttered something that might be a vague repeat of what Japh had said and clinked her glass with the others before going to standnext to the window, gazing thoughtfully out.

[TheFallen] ((wow, that was an early exit. I thought I had finished the toast.))

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt smiled sheepishly from his spot on the couch. All this attention was making him blush. He wasn't used to so much attention anymore.

[Japheth] After the clinking Japh just put the glass down again. No need of it anyway.

[Elizabeth] She didn't want to just walk out as that would be seen as very bad manners, but she still felt very out of place.

[TheFallen] * TheFallen came down from the stairs with a box in his hands and set it in front of Kurt.

[Angel_II] ((He turns his text color when he blushes! ))

[TheFallen] He sat on a chair on the other side of the room, watching with a mischevious expression.

[Fr.Wagner] Father Wagner stood up. "I know that you may fear this school is about hidden agendas and uniforms, but the fact that you did this - that no one asked you do."

[Fr.Wagner] "This right here, is what we're really trying to teach you. To be a community together."

[Elizabeth] Lizzie turned her head quickly and was about to blurt out a reply to that, but held her tongue. She had to place to go shout her mouth off right now.

[Fr.Wagner] "And you must never forget that to be part of a community involves making a choice."

[Japheth] Japh listened to Father Wagner's speech while watching Warren's present with keen interest.

[Fr.Wagner] * Fr.Wagner looked down at the box Warren had set in front of him.

[Fr.Wagner] He wasn't even sure it was supposed to be for him.

[Summers] Scott looked at the box and raised and eyebrow.

[TheFallen] * TheFallen smirked at everyone's reaction. Geez, it was like you couldn't give a gift to someone anymore...

[Elizabeth] Instead, Lizzie turned her attention to the present Warren had put infront of Wanger...

[Japheth] "For heaven's sake, open the present.

[TheFallen] ((Geez, drumroll please. ))

[Fr.Wagner] ((Haha Wanger...)

[Elizabeth] If her cloak was anythig to go by, that guy knew how to give presents....She sidled over to him and gave him a nudge.

[Elizabeth] ((leave me alone its 1am))

[TheFallen] * TheFallen looked down at her and grinned. "What?"

[Fr.Wagner] "I take it this is for me," Kurt said.

[Elizabeth] ((I can't spell at 1pm even!))

[Angel_II] Angel sipped at her tea. What had the bat dude...Warren, she reminded herself...gotten him. She leaned forward for a better look.

[TheFallen] Fr.Wagner> "Why, yes. It's your party." He grinned brightly.

[Elizabeth] "You're in a very...gift giving mood for someone who dosen't like presents," Lizzie grinned back up at him.

[TheFallen] * TheFallen smirked without responding and looked ahead.

[Fr.Wagner] Like with the tennis ball Kurt carefully unwrapped the package. Inside it was ... confusing.

[Fr.Wagner] He looked up at Warren for explanation.

[Elizabeth] "Oh. Like that is it?" Lizzie looked at Warren's expression and grinned a little bit more. That look meant trouble.

[TheFallen] "It's a lock," Warren said with a grin. "For your office."

[Elizabeth] Lizzie burst out laughing and wondered how long it would take her to tekenetically rip that one apart.

[TheFallen] "I just figured," he waved his arm as if in explanation, "since your last one seems to have disintegrated anyway, you would want another one a bit more secure."

[Angel_II] A lock? Angel exchanged confused glances around the room.

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt looked at it for a moment. "will it make it more or less convienent to get in?" Kurt asked with a sly grin.

[TheFallen] "It has a sidebar, so no more winged intruders with bumpkeys..." He smirked.

[Summers] Scott was confused. Apparantly it was an inside joke. He smiled.

[TheFallen] * TheFallen raised an eyebrow. Kurt was marvelously astute; he wondered if he should have mentioned he impressioned it. "Why, Professor. I'm hurt."

[Japheth] Apparently this was some kind of joke, Japh missed quite a lot since he was gone.

[Elizabeth] "Which last one?" Lizzie whispered to Warren, barely audible.

[TheFallen] "It has a sidebar. Makes almost all lockpicking obsolete. Or just very, very hard."

[Fr.Wagner] * Fr.Wagner shot a knowing glance at Warren and shrugged.

[Elizabeth] "Because uh....I'll tell you later," Lizzie winked, not wnating anyone to overhear.

[Fr.Wagner] "Well, it sounds perfect," Kurt said at last.

[Summers] Scott perked up - a lock that was nigh- impossible to pick? I think I'll ask him about that later.

[Elizabeth] Lizzie couldn't help but start giggling again. Oh god it was so so tempting to try and break it later on.

[Fr.Wagner] "I really didn't expect gifts." he said.

[Fr.Wagner] "Just having you all here is enough."

[Fr.Wagner] "I didn't expect any of this. I... I'm glad I came back, really."

[TheFallen] ((FYI: Bump keys are a method of bypassing a lock. Warren used one in an earlier instance to make a dramatic entrance to the school.))

[TheFallen] ((In Wagner's office. So thus the "winged intruders with bump keys" comment.))

[Fr.Wagner] Still, Kurt couldn't help noticing that no one had been very keen on discussing their winter break activities.

[Summers] Scott moved around so he was sitting at Angel's feet. It was just too hot by the fire.

[Japheth] " Father, what did you mean by to be part of a community involves making a choice? A choice like play along or go away?"

[Fr.Wagner] kurt suddenly looked serious. "I didn't get any of you anything."

[Elizabeth] "I didn't get you anything," Lizzie shrugged, feeling a little guilty now.

[Elizabeth] But seriously, what could she have gotten him though, a book?

[Elizabeth] Some nice bookends?

[Angel_II] "Me neither," she said.

[Japheth] ((a new collar?))

[Elizabeth] A light weight bookcase from Ikea?

[Summers] "You came from Rome for me, that's a damn good present."

[TheFallen] "Your party. No presents necessary."

[Fr.Wagner] ((with a nice matching leash?))

[Elizabeth] Lizzie screwed her eyes shut and started to laugh silently at her last thought. Oh that was morbid....

[Fr.Wagner] "well, then if I am off the hook. I can answer Japh's question."

[Fr.Wagner] "Communities are made up be people choosing to to work together, often for a greater goal than they could achieve alone."

[Fr.Wagner] "Nobody forces them to 'be anything' . That is how all the best communities and teams work. They are equals in every way."

[Angel_II] Angel slid down in her seat a bit. She liked Wagner…but he did like his speeches. She studied the back of Scott’s head as she listened.

[Fr.Wagner] "But the equality must come from trust."

[TheFallen] ((Warren's lurking; I'm disconnecting the network cable for a bit.))

[Fr.Wagner] "If there is any point in me staying here at all - this is what we should be working towards. Don't you agree?"

[Summers] Scott leaned back. "Yes." Hopefully he was finished with his speech.
[Elizabeth] "Yes, sir," Lizzie said, shifting slightly. She rarther hoped he'd go back to something lighter now....

[Japheth] "Absolutely." Japh cursed himself for starting up Wagner's speech.

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt leaned back and stared up at the ceiling. "I know, I'm boring. There's actually a seminary class where they teach you to say dull things in twice as much time as is needed."

[Elizabeth] "That's....interesting?"

[Japheth] "So it's not a secondary mutant ability?"

[Elizabeth] Lizzie shook her head. There really were some random classes out there.

[Angel_II] Angel snorted.

[Summers] Scott rolled his eyes.

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt laughed "No, you'll find all priests have the ability. Some more than others. I'm right in the middle I've heard."

TheFallen enters this room

[Fr.Wagner] "Perhaps I'll offer a survey course next year. "Dangerously dull rhetoric: advanced technques".

[TheFallen] * TheFallen smirks.

[Elizabeth] If I survive that long, Lizzie thought with a grin.

[Summers] "Well, then it'll just be you and possibly Doug..." Scott said.

[Fr.Wagner] "You know, because then we could have long boring conversations with each other. At least you'd get credit for it."

[Angel_II] She had to laugh at that. As if she didn't have enough trouble staying awake in class.

[TheFallen] "Sounds like fun."

[Summers] Scott looked at Japh. He looked tired. "I'll uh, go clear my tennis gear off your bed." He stood up.

[TheFallen] ((Sorry about the double.))

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt got up and looked around the room some more. He recognised some of this stuff from when he lived here before. A few of it was even his.

[Japheth] "Yeah thanks, I still have to unpack my suitca... Crap I forgot to call my parents and tell them I'm still alive. It was fun, later." Japh said with a smile and waved as he walked out of the room.

[Elizabeth] "Heh...parental worry..."

[Summers] "I'll be back to help clean up." He he left the room.

[Fr.Wagner] He turned around again. "This was really great, thank you." He knew he'd said that probably a dozen times now, but... It... He just hadn't expected it.

Japheth exits from this room

[Elizabeth] Lizzie smiled sadly and ran a hand through her long hair. It was still rarther messy, but she wasn't so pale as she had been in the past few weeks

[Fr.Wagner] "Do you need any help Scott," Kurt asked.

[Elizabeth] She looked up at Warren. "Do you want to go ice skating again?"

[Elizabeth] "It doesn't have to be now....but it was quite fun."

[TheFallen] "No, I think I should go to bed. I'm tired," he said, suddenly rather short again. He seemed to have come out of his pondering mood.

[Angel_II] Angel stood up. "I'll start picking some of this stuff up..."

[Elizabeth] "I did mean tomorrow or some time," Lizzie said, her cheeks going red slightly.

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt watched Lizzie and Warren together. He had trouble reading Warren's intentions so he just hoped that Warren wouldn't pull her back down. That they wouldn't pull each other back down.

[Elizabeth] ((ice skating will be explained in a flog ))

[TheFallen] ((Well, it's been a good day. Mods, I fixed the colour bar problem.))

[Fr.Wagner] ((Three cheers!)

[TheFallen] ((Or seem to have.))

[Summers] ((Nacht still doesn't have pink))

[TheFallen] ((She hasn't refreshed.))

[Summers] Scott returned and began to put the lids back on the tuppweware containers.

[Angel_II] She busied herself gathering up various items.

[TheFallen] Elizabeth> "My pardon. I didn't mean to be so short. But I should go."

[Fr.Wagner] "Scott, this was your idea wasn't it?" Kurt said.

[Summers] "Hmm? Oh - yeah." Scott said, making a neat stack of containers.

[Elizabeth] "I know...I just wanted to ask that's all. Because I did have fun."

[TheFallen] * TheFallen nodded at Elizabeth.

[Elizabeth] "Have a good sleep or whatever," Lizzie mumbled and looked away.

[TheFallen] He walked to the doorway. "Good night, all," he said over his shoulder and left, not expecting a response.

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt closed his eyes, his head bowed in thanks. "It was such a wonderful idea Scott. And such an excellent way to reach out to the to the others. Good job Scott."

[Summers] "Hey, it was my pleasure, Fr. Wagner. You deserve thanks. I highly doubt Professor Xavier or anyone else would've hopped on a plane when my Aunt goes screaming and crying down a phone line." Feeling a bit emabarssed, he put a stack of dirty plates in Angel's hands.

[Summers] "Here you go, Angel. Dirty plates. Nice earrings, by the way."

[Angel_II] "Thanks." She grinned at him, even though the reference to his aunt made her stomach lurch a bit.

[Fr.Wagner] "Well, thank you Scott. It's the best Christmas I've ever had."

[Fr.Wagner] He had his other eye on Lizzie and Warren. She looked very disappointed over something.

[TheFallen] ((Warren is now gone, but I'm still watching.))

[Elizabeth] "Do you need any help?" Lizzie asked, looking over to where Angel and Scott were clearing things up.

[Summers] "Yeah - just grab the soda bottles and take 'em to the kitchen." He said to Lizzie.

[TheFallen] ((God, I just realised he left without at least saying goodbye to Wagner or anything. That was rude; he didn't mean to do that. But he's in a bad mood.))

[TheFallen] ((Isn't it funny how you feel like an asshole for your character's actions sometimes? I just had to fight the urge to apologise to Em. ))

[Fr.Wagner] ((LOL!))

[Angel_II] Angel had managed to get the decorations back in their box. "Need me to take anything to the kitchen, Scott?"

[Elizabeth] ((dude, how do you think I felt after the sodding bookcase thing?))

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt gathered any of the soda bottles Lizzie hadn't and carried them in.

[Angel_II] ((lol))

[Elizabeth] Lizzie picked up the bottles of soda....Why was it called soda, anyway?

[TheFallen] ((OK, I'm going to go. bbl, all; great instance!))

[Fr.Wagner] (( ))

[Angel_II] ((Later, Northstar!))

TheFallen exits from this room

[Elizabeth] ((bye!!))

[Fr.Wagner] "Lizzie," Fr. Wagner said when they were in the kitchen. "I'd like to show you something."

[Elizabeth] Lizzie blinked. "Oh...okay?" What the hell?

[Summers] He took the stack of plastic containers and looked around to make sure he hadn't missed any.

[Fr.Wagner] Father Wagner motioned of Lizzie to follow him. He lead her to his office.

[Elizabeth] Lizzie followed Wagner, a little unsure of why...
Elizabeth exits from this room

[Angel_II] She took the plates. "This was a really cool thing you did for him," she smiled again, more geniunely this time and left.

[Summers] Scott grinned to himself and followed into the kitchen.

Outside Wagner's Office

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt opened the door to his office, the unlocked door.

[Fr.Wagner] "Look inside," he said.

[Elizabeth] "I've seen inside your office...." Lizie said uncomfortably.

[Fr.Wagner] "I know. Have a look at it now." Kurt prompted.

[Elizabeth] Lizzie took a step into the office and glanced around....it was fine. Everything back to how it should be.

[Elizabeth] "So, you have a tidy office...is that all?" Lizzie asked, bristling slightly.

[Fr.Wagner] "Remember when we were talking about mistakes, and how things can be repaired."

[Fr.Wagner] "This is what it feels like."

[Elizabeth] "But these are just objects," Lizzie scoffed, gesturing to the neat office. "Emotions cannot be so easily repaired!"

[Elizabeth] "It takes time. And people who - who listen and care and understand....." Lizzie trailed off softly.

[Fr.Wagner] "Objects can be a beginning though. Right now, they are."

[Fr.Wagner] "And you have people who care and understand." Kurt put his hand on Lizzie's head and bent down almost like he would kiss her. Instead he brushed her hair from her eyes.

[Fr.Wagner] "This is a new semester, you can start again. Just like this office."

[Elizabeth] "Honest?" Lizzie asked, her bottom lip trembling slighty. "After everything?"

[Elizabeth] Her arms moved up from her sides slightly as if she wanted to hug him but was too nervous to dare.

[Fr.Wagner] "It's okay Lizzie. And," Kurt grinned, "I'm only saying that because I mean it."

[Elizabeth] Lizzie's eyes began to brim with tears slightly and she choked back a slight sob as she stepped forward and put her arms around him, clinging to him slightly as she had never hugged her own father or had even been allowed to.

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt was surprised to have Lizzie embrace him, tentatively at first and then so tightly it was like she was holding onto a life line.

[Fr.Wagner] And for what wasn't the first time, he couldn't think of anything to say. So knelt down and let her stay there as long as she wanted.

[Elizabeth] ((awwwwwwwwww))

[Elizabeth] ((and that's a sugar coated wrap))
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Slarti »

Buon Natale -- Angel's Christmas day.

"Hey, what up, girrrrrlfriend! Merry Christmas!” Tiffany’s excited voice forced Angel to actually hold the phone away from her ear for a moment. As much as she loved her best friend since childhood, she was super loud and talked at sonic speeds.

"Back at’cha, Tiffy-Tiff!" Angel replied with a wince, kicking away a bit of wrapping paper and settling into Alex’s sofa. “Merry Christmas! And tell your mom merry Christmas for me too! We just finished openin‘ presents. Maaaan, you would not believe all the cool shi- stuff I got, yo!” She unfolded the gift from her father she liked best – a pretty green sweater – across her lap, petting the soft nap as she spoke.

“Me too! I got some new kicks and some gift cards! So what you been up to? We’ve got to get together soon fo’sure!"

"Nut’in much, y’know. Just goin’ to school. Yeah! I ain’t seen you since….man, summer?"

"Naw, see you disappeared up in NYC and you don’t call, you don’t write…." Tiffany teased.

"Hey, hey, hey!" Angel laughed, easily slipping back into their familiar pattern. "Now don’t be like that! You’ve been off at school too! I ain’t heard from you for a while!”

“Oh, you know how it is; school’s poppin‘ and ya lose track of time! How’s that fancy school treating you?”

She shot a glance over at her uncle as he looked through an online guide on the finer points of cooking turkeys. She really didn’t want to get into all the drama with Alex right there. “Oh, you know, it’s crazy. It’s school,” she replied, dropping her voice. “Listen, I’ll tell ya more later, yo, but you wouldn’t believe-”

Alex looked up from the computer screen, loudly clearing his throat. “Angelina, you gonna help me with this bird or no?” he said with a knowing smirk.

“Yeah, zio, be right there!” She called. The gossip could wait. “I gotta go help wit’ the turkey, hon – you be around later?” She set up a time to talk and thumbed off the cell phone, already on her way to the kitchen of Alex’s small apartment.

Alex tapped her shoulder and handed her an apron as they headed back to the kitchen. “So, Bambina, shouldn’t you genetically know how to cook a turkey? It would be simpler.”

“Not that I know of!” She laughed, tying on the apron. “Why’d you think it was a good idea to try to cook it yourself? You know you can buy ’em cooked from the grocery store…that’s what mom did.”

He poured a glass of wine and regarded the pale, sadly splayed bird on the counter. “Well, this is my first Christmas in the states, no? I wanted to get in the spirit?” He shrugged and tossed back half the glass, lifting his eyebrows at Angel and motioning her to him. “Come here then, let’s look at the situation.”

She approached him and snickered as he draped an arm over her shoulder. She nodded at the bird and then Alex. “Yep, that’s a raw turkey, zio.”

Alex laughed loudly in her ear, covering her in wine fumes. “Listen to my smart girl! Let’s get you a drink, yes?”

After a couple glasses each of wine, and another quick check on an Internet cookbook, they had the turkey stuffed, salted, buttered, crammed in a large disposable pan and into the oven.

Side dishes required forethought, which was not Alex’s strong suite. So their only sides would be the ring-shaped cuccidatu fruit and nut cake airmailed in by a grandmother Angel had never met and the Sicilian honeyed fritters Alex actually knew how to make.

“Angelina, get me that short bottle from the wine rack, per favore?” Her uncle swayed a bit as he dumped a little more flour into the bowl in front of him.

Angel got it, but eyed her uncle dubiously. “You sure you need more?”

He took the bottle and laughed. “No, no, it’s for the fritters!” He patted her cheek, helpfully dousing her in flour. “But no worries! We Salvatores….looong history of hiiigh tolerance! Last Christmas, your uncle Tito drank a whole bottle of fortified Marsala, and still kicked my ass at cards!”

She smiled, but was unsure how exactly to respond to all this. She had family – lots of it -- in a foreign country! Vaguely, she’d always been aware they were there, but hearing names and details…it was all so new…and so “Sopranos.”

And was Alex singing now? He was. Stirring the fritter batter and singing something under his breath. In Italian. “Um, what up, zio?”

“Huh? Oh, I’ve got la Befana stuck in my head. That’s still a couple weeks off, but the song is catchy, no?”

“I got no clue what you’re talking about…”

He stopped stirring and looked at her. “You don’t know about the Christmas witch? Viene, viene, la Befana, vien dai monti a notte fonda!,” he sing-songed, trailing off at her blank stare. “No?”

“Nope.” Christmas witch? Right, of course.

Alex dropped the spoon into the bowl and tisked. “Your papa, he did not do you any favors staying away all those years. Tell you what, later on, I’ll teach you all about your roots. Si, buon. And I’ll teach you more than the dirty words in Italiano, okay?”

“Okay, it’s a deal,” she grinned, then sniffed. Wait… “Do you smell something…wrong?”

“Si….what is that?”

They both stared at the oven for a split second before diving for the door.

-------

Alex clicked off the phone as Angel closed the window, the smell of burning plastic mostly dissipated. "Well, the little sushi market down the street is open until six." He thought for a moment before shrugging and dumping the turkey into the trash can. "Ah, well, it’s better we have fish for Christmas anyway."

"Fish? God, why?" Angel wrinkled her nose. She’d had sushi before, she even liked it, but for Christmas? Uck. She couldn’t believe they’d killed the turkey. But why would anyone stick a plastic bag full of guts all the way inside? Crazy!

"Saints preserve me!" He clapped a dramatic hand over his heart. "I have so much to teach you, Bambina! Fish at Christmas is a tradition."

“It is?”

“It is. That settles it – you are going back to Italy with me next year.” Alex fondly patted her shocked, flour-smudged cheek. "Go get pretty – put on your new clothes! We’re going out on the town!"

Hours later, the Christmas companions had heckled their way through two Christmas specials, fruitcake and a bottle of sake they’d brought home from the restaurant. As Alex got up to go to the restroom, Angel sighed and sank deeper into the sofa, swishing the last of the sake around in the bottom of a Solo cup. Tomorrow she would go back to Xavier’s to spend the rest of Christmas break killing time, trying to talk to Lizzie and wondering what everyone else was doing and if they were having more fun doing it. Yay?

Alex came back into the room, stretching dramatically. “It’s hotter than hell itself in here, no?” he complained, adjusting the thermostat on the wall. “Or maybe it’s just the sake.” He winked.

“I think it’s the sake. This stuff is worse than Remy’s moonshine! Kinda tastes like it too….” Angel decided he was right, and sat up to wriggle out of her green sweater, folding it carefully onto the arm of the sofa. She ruffled her wings into place for a moment before slicking them back to resume her slouch.

“Moonshine?” His eyebrows lifted. “Like the kind the hillbillies make in the old TV show? What do they teach you at that school?” Alex laughed, falling back into his spot beside her and picked up the remote, randomly flipping channels with one hand. His free hand flicked at the wingtip that had settled onto his side of the sofa.

“Stuff.” she replied, swatting his poking finger with her wing.

“Stuff?” Flick.

“Important stuff!” Swat.

“Oh?” The space invasion finally degenerated into a brief swatting match between them.

"Knock it off… faccia da culo!" she laughed, pulling her wing back onto her side of the sofa.

He faked a surprised, indignant look. "Assface?! Me? Don‘ practice those vocabulary words on me! No gratitude for your professore!" he replied, giving her one more playful smack. "You’re the one sticking that fairy wing on me."

"You crazy." She stuck her tongue out at him before they both subsided into snickers. She loved that Alex was unafraid of her wings – to him they were just another bit of her he could bug.

"So, Angelina, how was Christmas?" he said finally, lolling his head against the cushy sofa back to look at her with serious green eyes. "You get everything you wanted?"

She downed the last of her drink and toyed with the cup. "Oh, yeah, from dad…wow," she replied. "I sure wasn’t expecting all this stuff!" She grinned and plucked at the fabric of her new slacks, which she knew from the slick feel and lining were expensive -- she figured they were even imported.

"You know, Bambina, your padre, he wishes you would have joined them at Jenny’s parents’ house today," Alex said, gesturing with the remote for emphasis.

She wasn’t so sure of that. "Naw, he’s got his new family, and I ain’t got a real place with that," she said, setting down her cup to remove her sleek leather boots – another gift from her father.

Alex made a disgusted noise and threw his hand up. "You are his first born, don’t forget that."

"No, I know, zio," she said, picking at the long cuff of her tee – yet another gift, which she had quickly customized to her wings with a pair of scissors and Alex’s sewing kit in the bathroom. She loved all the new clothes and things her father – and Alex – had showered on her, but she couldn’t shake the feeling her dad was simply trying to buy her affection after too many years of ignoring her.

"Have you talked to your mama lately?" Alex asked suddenly, shaking Angel from her thoughts.

"Yeah, um, no," she answered softly. "I got the machine, and two days later she sent me a Christmas card. It said I shouldn’t try to call again." She hadn’t checked her mail since.

He cursed lengthily, something Italian she couldn’t catch, and sat up. "Angelina, when did she do this? Why did you say nothing?"

"I dunno. About a week ago…” She sniffed. “It’s not like it matters, you can’t do anything about it."

"That I would not be so sure of," Alex growled.

Angel looked up at him, sitting upright herself to fix him with a glare. "No. Don’t even. Just leave it alone, please…" her tone turned from firm to pleading. "You and dad have done enough, just let me deal with mom…. and Jack….later."

He subsided, though his eyes remained dangerously narrowed. "Okay. But you tell me if they do anything else, si?" Alex stewed a moment longer. "Don’t let anything they do make you crazy, Bambina. Your mama… I don’t know what to say. But Jack? He is disgraziato. Trash. Not worth the gray hairs."

"Yeah," she agreed, looking back down to pick at her sleeve again. She didn’t want to think about it.

"Okay, capito," he nodded to himself and settled back to resume channel surfing. "Oooo, look! ‘White Christmas!’" He jostled her and broke into a bit of the title song. "No one can be unhappy when Bing is singing! Let’s watch!"

She felt a grin spread across her face in spite of herself. "’Kay, but we gotta put it on mute when we get to the ‘Sisters’ number, yo -- it makes my ears bleed."

“It’s a deal, Angelina,” he laughed, and leaned sideways to sling his arm around her shoulders. “Buon Natale, Bambina.” He gave her a squeeze.

“Buon Natale,” she echoed, settling against him to watch the show.