Holidays 2007+: TJ

Check out what goes on between semesters here!
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

Eww. She pulled her finger from her mouth at the coppery taste, inspecting it. She was bleeding. Fantastic. Her mother would be ecstatic, after being after her to quit that habit for years. Hopefully the bleeding would subside before she was done here and she went out to see her mom.

She put her hands to her side, swinging her feet back and forth as she sat on the examining table. She rarely ever had been in this office, being the doctor tended to come out to the reservation periodically and that was when she’d seen him. But her mother had insisted they get a little check up. TJ had been feeling pretty shitty of late, and what with everything that had gone down with Remy, and Rahne, and everyone, and for the few weeks she was home had kind of sulked around the house, when not with friends. Her mother was concerned over how she had been acting and feeling, and insisted the doctor giving her a once over. So, she came, gave some blood, peed in a cup, for the sake of her crazy mom.

The door to the room opened, and Talia sat up straight as the Dr. Martin entered the room. He gave her a bit of a worried smile, taking a seat in the chair across from her. “Well, we won’t have any answers from your blood work for a few days, but we got some information from the urine sample,” he paused a minute, standing to come to the side of the table. “Can you lay back? I just want to confirm something.”

She laid back on the table and he lifted her shirt a bit, poking at her stomach. “Talia, can you tell me when your last menstrual cycle was?”

TJ shrugged. “I dunno, last month I guess? I didn’t ever really pay attention..” she trailed off. Now that she really thought about it, it had been longer than a month. Everything at school had been so crazy she really hadn’t thought much over it.

“Well, again, we need to wait on the blood tests to come back. Some of your symptoms seem like they could point to Mono, but I’m pretty sure we are dealing with something else,” he rocked a bit uncomfortably in his chair, before looking back up at her. “According to your urine sample,” he started, pausing a bit. “You’re pregnant.”

She stared at him a moment, feeling her stomach drop. “What?”

“We ran the tests a few times, to be sure, and each time it came back the same. I can’t be too sure exactly how far along you are without knowing your last menstrual cycle, but I think it’s fair to say a few months, taking-“

“That’s impossible!” she cut him off. “There’s NO WAY that’s possible! I was on birth control!”

“Talia, birth control is certainly one way to avoid pregnancy, but it’s not 100% effective. There are factors that can heighten the risk of pregnancy with birth control. Such as antibiotics, and a few other types of drugs. Have you been on anything like that recently?”

Her eyes widened. What the hell had her mother given her over the summer for the sinus infection? She could feel tears welling up in her eyes. “I had something for a sinus infection this summer. Mom gave it to me..” TJ looked down at her hands, tears starting to fall down her cheeks.

Dr. Martin stood, putting a hand on her shoulder. “It’s alright Talia, it’ll be fine.”

“You have to do the test again,” she sniffled, looking up at him pleading. “It wasn’t right, please can you do it again?”

He gave her a sad look. “I’m going to give you some vitamins I want you to take, alright? And I’d like to see you back here for an ultrasound in a week or so, and we can figure out exactly how far along you are.”

“Please please do it again!! It HAD to be wrong! I can’t,” she sobbed a bit, putting her face in her hands. “It’s not right!”

The doctor sighed. “Would you like me to call your mother in to tell her? Or would you like to do that yourself?”

Oh God! “No!” she told him. “No, no don’t tell her! I’ll….I’ll tell her.” Eventually. When she figured this shit out.

He gave her a small smile. “This doesn’t have to be a bad thing. You have a great family, who I know will help you with this. Just make sure to take care of yourself, and take the vitamins I’m giving you, ok? It’ll work out.”

~&~

“So, sweetie, what’d the doctor say?” Christine asked, as she turned the car onto the interstate, on the way back home. Her daughter had come out of the doctor’s office without a word, and now sat silently in the passenger seat of the car.

“Nothing,” she told her mother, staring out the window.

“Nothing? Hun, he had to say something. Even a hello?” Christine smiled at her. Talia still stared out the window.

Now, she was faced with a choice. She could tell her mother and face god knows what, or lie and try to figure out where to go from here. She knew one thing. She did not want this baby. Hell, she was 19! What the hell could she possibly do with a baby? “I have mono,” she told her. “Dr. Martin gave me some stuff to take. He said I’ll be ok.”

“Mono?!” Christine replied. “Sweetie, we are getting you in bed as soon as we get home. Mono can be very serious!”

She didn’t argue. Sinking down lower into the seat, she sighed as her mother continued.

Christine sighed looking at her daughter. “Mono’s not fun. You’ll probably be out for a few weeks at least.”

“Yeah,” she replied, looking out the window again. Now she had to figure all this shit out.
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Woo! You can post it!

Time to dust off all those things in your harddrive! Cool!

Love it.

Paws
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
TechPrincess
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Little BABY!! Fairy <3
Nightscrawlearth Character: :jean :emma :husk

Post by TechPrincess »

Eeeeeeeeeee yay!
Paige :husk -------- Emma :emma -------- Hope :jean
puppygirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pigeon Fancier
Nightscrawlearth Character: :blink :warlock :morph :deadgirl

Post by puppygirl »

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaby!!
Image NightscrawlearthImage

Pup's Blog -- Pup's Tumblr
"Why can’t people appreciate how much effort I put in to not becoming a serial killer?"
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

It'll be blue, and it'll have red eyes, and, and it'll throw bwamps at things and those things will charge and exPLODE!!
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

She wasn’t allowed out of the house. “Mono” was very serious apparently, and her mother had her locked in. Not allowed to see any friends. Man, this sucked hard. On top of all that, she couldn’t get any of her pants short of pajama’s to fit. “Mono” was making her fat. She had to get this fixed ASAP. Which is why she’d all but begged Mel to come over and talk to her, risking her catching “mono” as well. Thank God for Thanksgiving break, TJ sighed. Had to get this done before Mel left for school again.

A knock on the door made her jump a bit. “Come in!” TJ called from the couch, watching Mel enter. “Hey.”

“Hey,” Mel said, moving to a chair on the other side of the room. “How are you feeling?? I’m gonna…stay over here if it’s ok. I go back to school tomorrow and I don’t wanna get sick or anything.”

“I don’t have mono, Mel,” she told her friend.

“You don’t? What, are you faking sick to stay home? I know everything with Remy has sucked but I don’t think you should drop out.”

“No, it’s not that-“ TJ paused. She sighed, looking down, feeling tears in her eyes again. “I’m pregnant.”

Mel paused a while, looking at her. “Are you joking?”

“Does it look like I’m joking?” she asked, tears falling again. “NO I’m not fucking joking!”

Mel moved close to her friend, kneeling beside her. “TJ, it’s ok,” she put her arm around her as she cried. “It’s gonna be ok. Does your mom know?”

“No,” TJ said through a sob, sniffling. “And I can’t tell her. Mel, I can’t have a baby! I just…I can’t!”

“What do you mean? TJ…I don’t think you have a choice at this point,” Mel started.

“No, I can….” Talia began. “There’s gotta be like…a clinic or something? There’s gotta be somewhere in town where…you know…they can…get rid of it.” She looked back up to her friend to see her sitting there, staring at her. “I…Mel, I can’t have a baby!! There’s no way! And…it’s not like me and Remy are even together anymore, he practically hates me. And he never wanted babies anyway, so…this is the only way to make it work.”

Mel sat back on the ground, pulling her knees up. She sat silently for a moment, as TJ cried on the couch. Narrowing her eyes a bit, she tried to catch TJ’s eye. “How do you plan to get there?”

“Well,” TJ started, playing with her hands, avoiding Mel’s gaze. “I was hoping…maybe you could-“

Mel let out a loud sigh at that. “So, you want me to help you go around your parents back to abort your baby? Is that what you’re asking me to do?”

When she put it that way it sounded so…sinister. “No, well…yeah kinda I guess. I don’t have anyone else to help me Mel, you have to!”

“What about your Mom? Why not ask her?” Mel asked, giving TJ an angry look.

“My MOM?! She would flip out! I can’t tell her! She’ll kill me!”

“TJ…I love you. You’re practically my sister. But….I can’t do that for you. You need to tell your parents.”

“I can’t!”

“You have to!” Mel told her sternly. “I can’t do this, help you abort the baby then keep it a secret for…how long? Forever? Is that fair?”

Talia didn’t look at her friend, just sat there crying. Mel stood and sat next to her, putting her arms around TJ’s shoulders. “It’s not like your parents will hate you for it,” she stood, taking TJs hands in hers, pulling her up. “Come on. Let’s go find your mom now.”

“Mel, I-“

“I’ll go with you. It’ll be ok, I promise,” she led TJ out of the house.

~&~

Christine sat, going through paperwork from the past year. She always left it off til the end of the year, then usually regretted that decision when the end came. At least she was getting an early start, and maybe would have it done before the holidays. Which were quickly approaching. And now having TJ home sick, she didn’t know exactly how she’d get everything done in time.

She reached for another file when she heard her door open, looking up. “Talia! What are you doing here? You should be home!”

Her daughter entered, and Christine got a good look at her tear soaked face. “Can I talk to you Mom?” she asked uncertainly, with a voice that had obviously spent some time crying.

“Of course sweetheart,” she picked up a box of tissues and walked to her daughter, leading her to a small couch in the office. “What’s up? Are you feeling ok?”

TJ nodded, taking a tissue to wipe her nose. “If I tell you something, can you promise you won’t get mad at me?”

Well, that was never the way Christine liked to start a conversation. Simply because it usually implied that Talia had done something that would make her angry. It also limited her reaction. Not like saying ‘no I’ll still get mad at you’ would get her anywhere. “Of course sweetie. Tell me what’s wrong.”

“I don’t have mono…” she started, pausing to look at her mom, the tears still flowing down her cheeks.

“Hun, that’s not a bad thing. You know how I feel about lying, but I think I can overlook it if it means you’re healthy,” she smiled at her child, putting her arm around her and giving her shoulder a squeeze. “Is that all? Because I’m definitely not mad.”

She had half a mind to stop there, but it wasn’t like that would fix anything. She opened her mouth to speak, but couldn’t form words. Instead, she shook her head no, sobbing.

“Oh, baby,” Christine pulled TJ’s head to her chest, rocking her a bit. “You can tell me anything, you know that. Go on, sweetie. Tell me what’s going on.”

In barely a whisper, TJ replied. “I’m pregnant.”

Christine stopped rocking, her eyes going wide. Had she really heard that? Did her daughter really just tell her that…that she was pregnant?! She backed away from TJ a bit, attempting to look her in the eye. “You’re pregnant?”

Talia just nodded as she cried. Christine watched her for a moment, before drawing her close to her again, rocking her. “It’s ok, baby,” she told her. “It’ll be ok.”

“Mommy,” TJ sobbed. “I can’t do it. This…it’s not fair. I can’t do it!”

“Shh sweetie. It’ll be ok. I promise,” Christine told her. “Is this what the doctor said? That’s what Dr. Martin told you?”

She felt TJ nod against her chest. Jesus. Was this real? Her little baby girl was sitting here crying her heart out in her arms….pregnant. She just rocked her, rubbed her back, tried to console her, but she could feel her own eyes well up with tears. Everything had changed in that one instant, all the plans she had for Talia. About her going back to school and completing her degree, and everything. It all seemed to come to a halt right here, in this room. TJ’s life had taken a turn that she had never expected, at least not this soon. She wiped a tear from her own eye at that thought.

Talia seemed to calm in her arms, but still held tight to her mother. Christine simply held her back, still rocking slightly. “Why don’t we go home sweetie. I’ll make you some lunch and we can talk, or just sit and watch a movie. Would you like that?”

TJ nodded, and Christine helped her up. This was going to be hard, but what choice did they have?
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
puppygirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by puppygirl »

Did I ever tel you how much I <3 Christine? She's such a sweet mom :)

"Why can’t people appreciate how much effort I put in to not becoming a serial killer?"
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

Post by Starfish »

Christine is really awesome. A great mom. And TJ... you just want to hug her. :*)
"The secondary penis slides into view. And they all lived happily ever after."
Kieron Gillen
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Talia lay curled up on the sofa, her head in her mother’s lap as they watched the television. Christine pet her hand through TJ’s hair, comforting her. She’d stopped crying at least, and while they didn’t do much talking, they’d spent the day sitting together watching television. The one thing that had been decided by the two of them, however, was that Christine would be telling John. Something she looked forward to immensely.

“Look at my girls, all cozy on the couch,” John said as he walked into the living room. Christine glanced quickly at the clock. Time had certainly flown right by.

John bent down to greet her with a kiss, brushing a kiss on TJ’s forehead as he did. “How’re you feeling, princess? Better?”

Talia shrugged, wiping a tear from her eye. Christine moved to get up gently, and her daughter sat up, eyes still on the television. “We should talk,” she told her husband, leading him into their bedroom.

“What’s up? Is she ok?” he asked once they got in. “She looks terrible. We should go see that doctor again, this is ridiculous!”

“She doesn’t have mono, John,” Christine told him, sitting on the bed. “Here, sit down.”

He sat beside her. “That’s good news then, right? I have no problem with her staying home if she wants to, after all that shit she had to go through.”

Christine gave him a look. “Listen, hun, I’m going to tell you something. But I need you to stay calm, and not say anything loud enough for our daughter to hear. She’s really torn up about this, and more than anything she needs our support, alright? Just stay calm, alright?”

John looked at her a bit confused. He nodded. “Alright, I’m calm. What’s up?”

“Well, apparently she never had mono. She was trying to cover up for the fact that she’s actually..” Christine paused a second, hoping John wouldn’t react the way she imagined he would. “Pregnant.”

He could feel the blood drain from his face, before it rushed back, his face growing hot. “Pregnant?” he replied quietly. He stood up, clenching his fists.

“John,” Christine stood with him, putting her hand on his shoulder.

He flinched away, turning to her. “Talia is PREGNANT?!” He took a deep breath. “I swear to God, I’m going to kill that bastard!”

“John! Calm down!”

“Calm down?! Christine, he-“ John started. “How can you BE calm?! After what he’s done to our little girl?! And where the hell IS he anyway? She has to deal with this and he gets off scott free?!”

“No, of course not!” Christine put a hand to her head. “I need you to sit down John. And calm down. Talia doesn’t need to hear any of this.”

John took a deep breath, sitting on the bed. “There, I’m sitting. I’m calm. That bastard is going to die.”

She rolled her eyes sitting next to him. “Don’t worry about him. As far as I know, he doesn’t even know. Talia herself just found out for god’s sake. And right now, he is not what’s important. What’s important is that our daughter knows that we love and support her regardless. And that we WILL all throughout this.”

John opened his mouth to argue, but sighed, his shoulders slumping. “I just…can’t believe it. Our baby. She’s too young.”

“I know,” Christine moved close to her husband, putting an arm around him. “What’s done is done. All we can do now is help her through it.”

~&~

Christine smiled as Talia entered the kitchen. “Morning sweetie. Want some waffles?”

Talia shrugged with a yawn, wiping her eyes. “Ok. Maybe a few,” she said, sitting at the kitchen table.

Laying a plate in front of her daughter, Christine sat beside her. “Did you take your vitamins?” At TJs nod she continued. “So what’re you planning on doing today?”

“Thought I’d go to Dave’s for a while, or something. Just hang out,” Talia told her, taking another bite of breakfast. She looked to her mother as she chewed. “Maybe watch movies or something.”

Christine paused, then squeezed her hand. “Hun, I think it’s time we talked about something.”

“What?” TJ asked, taking another bite. She scoffed a bit. If this was a sex talk, it may be a little late.

“Well, sweetie, you need to stay healthy. Not just for you, but for the baby,” she felt Talia cringe slightly at the word ‘baby’. She continued. “And smoking is not the best idea. In fact, it’s quite forbidden in pregnancy.”

Talia stopped and turned to her mother. “I don’t smoke.” She said as nonchalantly as possible.

Christine gave her daughter a sideways look. “Talia, what do you take me for? I went to college, I know what marijuana is. I know what it smells like and I know you reek of it everytime you come back from David’s house. Even your room back at school smelled like it.”

TJ froze listening to her mother. She KNEW?!

“I never brought it up because I never thought it was too much of a problem. You were hanging out in places I knew with people I trusted and that was more important to me than you getting a little high every now and again. But sweetheart, you can’t do it anymore,” she pulled over for a minute, looking at her daughter. “You need to promise me you won’t do it. You could really hurt the baby.”

This was SO FUCKING WEIRD. Baby!? Everytime she heard it she wanted to double take. BABY. And her mom KNEW about the pot. Was she living in the twilight zone?

“I’ll take care of it,” Talia replied, turning back to her waffles.

“You will not smoke, Talia,” her mother told her sternly. “I mean it. If I so much as smell it on you, you’ll be grounded. It’s one thing when it’s just your body, but the baby is depending on you. You have to be careful, you don’t want to hurt the baby, do you?”

“GOD will you STOP saying baby!” Talia snapped at her mother. “Just stop saying it! I don’t want to hear it anymore! I just want to go and hang out with my friends like I always do. That’s it!”

Christine looked at her, then silently stood, moving to the kitchen sink. She stood washing a few dishes, the two silent, Christine milling a few things around in her head.

“It’s not going to be the same anymore sweetie.”

TJ sunk lower into her seat, not responding to her mother. Christine continued. “You can go and you can hang out with your friends but there are just things you won’t be able to do anymore. And it’s disappointing I know, but it’s the way it is,” She sighed. She wanted to be stern with her, but not too stern. She didn’t want Talia to think she was upset with her, but she needed to make her understand how serious this was.

“It’s time to grow up, honey. You’re going to be a mother. You’re not a kid anymore.”

Talia put her fork down. “I’m not hungry anymore.”

“Talia-“ Christine started as her daughter stood. “Hun, I just want what’s best-“

“I don’t want to talk about it!” TJ told her, turning and heading back into her room with a slam of her door. Christine sighed. She didn't know how she'd honestly be able to do this...
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

I know I'm posting this quick, but I wanna get it out so we can move forward :P. At this point, these are like..snippets rather than pieces of a whole fic.

~&~

TJ knocked on the cellar door, crossing her arms and waiting for an answer.

A coughing voice responded. “Whats the password?”

“David, will you stop with that shit? We haven’t used a password since we were thirteen.”

David opened the door. “Fuck, TJ, what crawled up your ass and died?”

“Your mom,” she replied, heading down into the cellar. Matt sat on the couch next to Alan, the two of them going head to head at what looked like Soul Calibur. Mel lay sprawled out on the love seat, and David returned to his place on the recliner.

“Hey, TJ!” Mel called to her. “Come sit.” She sat up so her friend had a place to sit.

Alan turned, giving TJ a smile . “Hey Teej.” Matt just waved, not looking up from the television.

“Oh FUCK man, you knocked me out of the ring!” Alan said, turning back to the screen.

“You looked away, you douche,” Matt replied. “Besides, you decided to fuck with Voldo. You don’t fuck with Voldo. So take your little bitch Talim and cry.” Matt stood, stretching a bit. “I’m gonna go piss. I’ll be back to kick your ass some more.”

Mel shifted as Matt passed. “How are you feeling TJ?”

Talia gave her a look. “I’m fine Mel,” she replied, emphasizing the fine. Shit, she didn’t want everyone to know!

“Ok, just wondering,” Mel shrugged.

“Yeah, weren’t you sick?” Alan asked, moving closer to the two girls. “You haven’t been around too much since you got home.”

“Oh,” TJ looked between Mel and Alan. “Oh, yeah I was sick. But I’m fine now. I’m fucking glad it’s summer.”

“Hell yeah,” David said, pulling out a pipe. “I think this calls for a celebratory toke, eh guys?” He began to pack the bowl, as Matt returned to the room.

“Fuck yeah, Dave. Everyone’s back and Alan’s not completely pussy whipped anymore,” He said, taking his seat.

“Oh, shut up dude,” Alan pushed Matt. “I wasn’t pussy whipped. Besides, Amber’s a complete bitch.”

TJ smirked a bit at that. David held the bowl out to her. “Want the green hit?”

Mel looked between TJ and the bowl. “Do you think that’s a good idea, TJ?”

Her eyes narrowed, turning to her friend. “Why wouldn’t it be?!”

“Yeah, Mel, when did you become her Mom?” Matt quipped.

Mel splayed her hands. “Whatever, TJ. I’m just saying.”

“Well don’t just say!” She put the pipe to her lips, lighting the weed and taking a drag. Shit this felt good. It was nice to just be normal for five seconds. She opened her eyes to see Mel glaring at her, arms crossed. “What?”

“Can we talk? Outside?” She asked, giving TJ an angry look.

“No, we can’t,” Talia replied, angrily. She took another drag, watching as Mel just glared at her. What the fuck. “You know what? Fuck this, I’m going home.”

The boys looked between the two girls, confused. What the hell was going on? This wasn’t a level of drama they were used to when Amber wasn’t around.

“TJ stop, wait,” Mel made to follow as TJ turned toward the door. “I just don’t want-“

“Just leave me alone, Mel! It’s not your fucking business!” She stormed up the steps, the cellar door slamming behind her.

Mel watched her leave. Jesus, she was just trying to help. Like smoking weed when your pregnant is ever a good thing.

“See, I’m telling you, that girl has an ass dweller,” David blew smoke slowly out his nose.

“Oh, shut up David!” Mel sat back down on the couch. “Just give me the fucking pipe.”

Alan looked after where TJ had left from. She’d been so weird since coming home. What was going on?

~&~

Talia crossed her arms, walking quickly back to her house. Fucking Mel, who the hell was she? No one. She wasn’t her mom, she had no right to tell her what to do! She had no clue what TJ was going through.

“Hey, Teej! Wait up!”

She turned to see Alan running to catch up to her. She scowled. If Mel had told them…“What do you want?”

He shrugged as he came to a stop in front of her. “Nothing. Mind if I walk with you?”

“No, you can.” she turned and began walking again, him on her heels.

“You ok? You’ve been kinda weird since coming home from school.”

She sighed. “It’s kinda been a weird couple of months. It’s just been really stressful and crazy. I’m glad to be home, but I was just feeling crappy.”

“Yeah, you were sick right?” He put his hands in his pockets. “At least that’s over with right?”

“Yeah…” she trailed off, looking down. At least he didn’t know. No one would know if she could help it. Like hell.

They walked a bit in silence, neither looking at the other. Alan kicked a rock as TJ’s house become visible. He stopped, grabbing her wrist to stop her. “Hey, listen..”

Talia stopped, turning to him. He looked nervous, rubbing his neck, unable to meet her gaze. She raised an eyebrow. “What’s up?”

“I-“ he paused. “I’m just sorry about what happened with Remy and everything.”

She furrowed her brow at that. “Don’t be. I broke up with him, remember?”

“I know, but I know you’ve been kind of upset about it. But you shouldn’t be, because,” he let out a breath. “You should be with someone who makes you happy right? That’s what matters….”

She stared at him as he trailed off. This was not a side of Alan she was used to seeing. The closest to this she could think of him ever being with her was that day during Christmas a few years ago. When he kissed her.

“Yeah…” she replied to him, hoping he’d get to the point.

“Well…” he paused, looking at her. “I like you TJ. Its so weird, because…I never realized it til you were dating Remy. But, then, you were with him, and I had Amber and there wasn’t much we could do, right? And even after me and Amber broke up, you two still seemed to be so happy, but then, you come home and you said you broke it off with him, and it felt like,” he stopped, grasping for the words. “Like it was right, you know? We’ve known each other since we were babies, it just makes sense, right?”

Wow. Uhh….wow. TJ was not sure exactly how to respond. Sure, she was still attracted to Alan. The crush she’d had so long ago had waned, her time with Remy certainly moving it to the back of her mind. But, he was right, wasn’t he? This did make sense.

She just watched him babbling there, and smirked a bit. Without a word, she moved close to him, pushing her lips to his. He was a bit shocked by her forwardness, but kissed back with interest, his arms encircling her to draw her close.

This felt wonderful, to have this kind of closeness with someone again. To feel someone’s body pressed against hers, arms around her. Her kissing experience was limited, as Remy had been the only man she’d ever kissed before, barring little pecks and drunken games of spin the bottle. And, well, certain interesting sexual escapades. This felt so different than Remy though. Alan was timid, a bit awkward. But then, it was their first kiss. It’d certainly get better.

Alan broke away first, a bit wide eyed. “Wow, TJ…..wow. That was…wow.”

She smiled a bit shyly as he took her hand, walking the rest of the way to her house. She turned to face him as they stood on the stoop. “Thanks for walking me.”

“No problem,” he smiled at her, leaning forward to give her another kiss. “You free tonight?”

Talia smiled. “Sure, I’m free.”

“Alright cool,” He gave her one more kiss, before reluctantly releasing her hand. “I’ll see you tonight then.”

She stood on her stoop a few minutes, watching him walk away, turning to her every few steps to glance back. This was nice. She couldn’t stop grinning as she entered her house. At least not everything was turning to shit.
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Talia lay on the couch, completely absorbed by the television. Christine thought twice about going to sit and talk with her, she’d tried enough of that and had gotten nowhere. She wanted to help her daughter more than anything with all this, but she felt almost overwhelmed. John was near impossible to talk to about all this, his attention seemed to drift to Remy and how many places you could hide a body.

Taking another look at her daughter, she grabbed the cordless and went into her bedroom, closing the door behind her. She hit the speed dial, putting the phone to her ear.

“Hello?” came the voice on the other end.

“Mom? Hey, it’s Christine,” she responded, twisting the cord in her fingers.

“Oh, hello sweetheart! How’s everything down there? How’s Talia feeling?”

“Fine, Mom,” Christine stopped, taking a breath. “No, it’s not fine. It’s….far from it. Jesus.”

Her mother frowned. “What’s going on? Is everything ok with Talia? And John?”

“John’s fine…Talia..” she paused. “I don’t know what I’m going to do with her Mom. I just don’t know what the hell I’m going to do.”

“She’s a tough little one huh?” she smiled. “So what’s she got herself up to now, hun?”

Christine could feel her eyes fill with tears as her mother spoke. Giving her the same type of responses she’d given other times Christine had called for advice with her daughter. When she started talking back and mouthing off. And this was so, so much worse. “It’s…she’s pregnant Mom. She-“ her throat closed around the words, cutting her off, as the tears began trails down her cheeks. “I don’t know what to do.”

The other end of the phone was silent for a bit. Christine tried to hold in her tears, waiting for any response. “Well….that’s unexpected.”

Christine couldn’t help it at that and began to cry. “Unexpected is nothing! It’s horrible! What the hell are we going to do? She’s 19 Mom! She’s a baby! She can barely remember to brush her god damned teeth in the morning, she’s not ready to be a mother!” she wiped her eyes, laying back on the bed. “She’s so young…she’s not ready…”

“Oh hun, it’s not horrible,” her mother soothed. “This isn’t the best news in the world, but it’s certainly not the worst. It’s a change of course, but that’s ok.”

“Mom, it’s not ok! How can you just say that? This is going to be so hard, I have no idea how Talia will handle it!” she sighed, shuddering a bit. “Maybe this was a mistake. Letting her go to that school, and all that. It was a huge mistake. How could I let this happen? I shouldn’t have let this happen!”

“Oh, Christine, don’t be ridiculous,” her mother admonished. “Sending her to that school was one of the best decisions you made. How could you have known this would happen? You can’t keep your children under your wing forever. And trust me, I know.”

“But, Mom, she…what are we going to do? She’s so young, and…what the hell am I going to do?”

“You’re daughter went away to school and came home pregnant. Hun, this is a situation I know all too well,” Christine rolled her eyes as her mother continued. “And when it happened, what did we do? We made the best of it. And it worked out all for the better.”

“This isn’t the same though, Mom. I was 26. It wasn’t planned, but I was far more ready-“

“Christine, you were older, but no more ready. You were scared. And you’re father and I were surprised, but look what came of it. I couldn’t be more proud of you as a mother, Christine, and I couldn’t be more proud of Talia. And this is going to be difficult, but it won’t be bad.”

“I don’t know. I don’t think it’s so simple.”

“Regardless, Christine. What’s done is done. There’s no changing it, so we have to make the best of it,” she smiled. “And hun, you’re going to have a little grandbaby. It’ll be wonderful.”

Christine stopped, staring at the ceiling. “Oh God, I’m going to be a grandmother.”

Her mother chuckled. “Don’t sound so depressed. It’s a good thing, I promise. You get a cute baby to spoil, and hand back to it’s mother when it’s fussy.”

“I suppose….” Christine sighed. “I don’t know, I’m not sure Talia will be able to do it. She’s absolutely against it at the moment.”

“She’ll be a good mother, Christine. She has a fantastic teacher.”
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

She looked down at herself. There was definitely some pudginess happening. But, it didn’t look like ‘pregnant’ pudginess. So, she had some time before people might wonder. Fuck, she’d have to tell people sometime. Or maybe they’d never ask. Maybe she wouldn’t get really big, and no one would ever know. Maybe this wasn’t even real anyway…

She heard the toilet flush and she pulled the blanket up over her naked torso, trying to hide her stomach. Alan stepped out of the bathroom, joining her again in the bed. “Shit, TJ you are insane,” he nuzzled her neck a bit, putting his arms around her. She shifted a bit uncomfortably, so he wouldn’t feel her stomach.

“We’re just getting started,” she told him, putting her lips to his. They kissed for a while, before Alan finally came up for breath.

“I gotta tell you, I fucking LOVE this,” he flicked his thumb over her nipple piercing. “I had no idea you had anything like it.”

She giggled a bit at him. “It’s nice, right?”

“Want a smoke?”

She scoffed a bit. “Dude, do you know who you’re talking to?” She stole a quick glance at the clock. “Let’s make it a quick one though. I gotta head home before my parent’s miss me.”

Alan lit the joint, taking a long drag before passing it over to Talia. He bent over the side of the bed to retrieve a few of her pieces of clothing. “I don’t know if I can keep up with you man. I’ve never even heard of some of that stuff.”

TJ took a toke and started pulling her bra on. Shit, it was tight. Were her boobs supposed to get so big? “You better keep up.” She was careful to keep her stomach covered as she pulled her tshirt over her head. There. He’ll never know.

“You’ll have to teach me then,” he nuzzled her again as she pulled her panties up, passing the j back to him.

She raised an eyebrow from where she stood, pulling her pants up over her hips. “I can do that.” Fuck. She pulled at the sides of the fly as hard as she could. Fuck. They weren’t closing. God dammit.

Talia pulled her shirt down over her open fly and leaned down on the bed, going in for a kiss and stealing the joint while she had him preoccupied. Pulling a few quick drags off it, she stood again, grabbing her bag. “I’ll see you tomorrow?”

“Definitely,” he replied, watching her leave his room. Shit! He could hardly wait!

~&~

There was a bit of a chill to the night air. Talia hugged her arms close to her, cursing herself for not bringing a jacket. She was almost home though. Almost back in her own bed. Maybe she could get some sleep.

She thought over her relationship as she made her way back to her house. Alan was sweet, but, this wasn’t what she expected from a relationship. He was kind of aloof in a lot of ways. Around their friends especially. TJ wasn’t sure how to feel about that. It was so different than when she was with Remy.

Everything was different than when she was with Remy. She’d never realized she had certain needs when she was with someone, and she had certain expectations…until they weren’t being met. Alan was a wonderful guy, and a great friend. She just…why couldn’t she feel it? Why didn’t it feel like it did with Remy?

She sighed. She thought she didn’t love him. And she didn’t. Right? She didn’t love Remy. She didn’t think she did at least.

Maybe she just needed to get used to it. Just because everything was better with Remy didn’t mean she should be with him. Not every relationship was perfect all the time. Even with Remy..

But it was close.

Fuck, why did she have to think about him? Talia rubbed her arms again, shivering at a small breeze. At least she was home.

She pulled the door open, careful not to let it slam. Slowly, she closed it, walking into the dark living room. She jumped as the light flashed on.

“Where have you been?”

Gah, fuck. As her eyes adjusted to the light, she saw her mother standing in the living room. “Oh, Mom, hey.”

“Talia, do you have any idea what time it is?” Her mother asked, moving closer to her.

“Uhh…I dunno, I didn’t check,” TJ said slowly. She turned to her room. “I’m gonna go to bed.”

“Hold on one second young lady,” Christine moved up right behind her daughter. “It’s after 1 am Talia. Your curfew is midnight! And you know to-“ she stopped, catching a scent off her daughters clothing. “Did you smoke?”

TJ turned quickly. “What? No, I-“

“Don’t you dare lie to me right now, Talia. You’re high right now!”

“Mom, I swear, I-“

“Do you have ANY idea what this is doing to the baby? Any at all? Jesus, Talia, you promised me that you’d stop!” Christine crossed her arms. “I suppose that’s how good your promises are huh?”

“Mom-“

“I can’t believe you’d be so irresponsible! I know you know better than this! Getting high once or twice, is that worth hurting your baby? You HAVE to think of these things, Talia! You-“

“I don’t care about the baby!”

Christine stopped, staring at her daughter. “What?”

“I don’t care! I don’t even want it! I just want to be able to do what I always do and be normal like everyone else!”

“Well,” Christine crossed her arms again. “You should have thought about that before you had sex, shouldn’t you?”

Talia just glared at her mother angrily.

“You may not care, but I do. I thought I’d raised you differently, Talia, but if you don’t care about your baby? That’s fine. But that is my grandchild. And you are not going to do anything stupid like smoke while your pregnant. It’s not good for the baby, and it’s not good for you. So, that’s it. You’re grounded.”

“Mom!”

“No. I gave you a chance, and I thought I could trust you. And you proved me wrong. So, for the next month, at least, you are not to leave this house without myself or your father. You can have people over, but you may not have them in your room, or anywhere we can’t see you. And if you think you can get around this while we’re not home, think again. We’ll be watching.”

“That’s so unfair!”

“What’s unfair? This, or you doing something so stupid as smoking a little pot and risking your baby’s health? Most of all, Talia, you gave me your word. How am I to trust you anymore? If you can prove that we can trust you, we’ll work this out. But I swear, if I ever smell pot on you again, you will not see the outside of your room until that baby is born.”

“Mom, this is-“

“That’s it Talia! I’m done with you right now. Go to bed.”

TJ huffed, crossing her arms. “This fucking SUCKS.” She stomped angrily into her room, slamming her door.

Christine sighed. Jesus Christ this girl was going to be the death of her. She couldn’t help but feel a bit hurt by this. Her daughter didn’t care about her baby? She didn’t care enough to do such harmful things? This was her daughter?

~&~

Talia slammed the door, collapsing onto her bed. Fuck this! Fuck all of this! This was SO unfair. She never ASKED to be pregnant! She didn’t ever want a baby! This was SO fucking unfair.

She turned over, sitting up in bed, catching herself in the mirror. She stood up, moving to it, lifting her shirt again. Stupid fucking baby, she couldn’t even fit in her pants anymore.

“Are you happy?” she asked her unborn, tears rising to her eyes. “My life is fucking miserable.”

Staring at the tiny bump, a wave of guilt came over her. Was that fair? Blaming the baby? She turned away from the mirror, unable to look at herself anymore.

“I don’t even want it,” she said to herself. “I don’t want to have a baby. I just want to be normal again.”

She looked down at her stomach. “I don’t want you! God, why do you have to be there?!”

Talia lay down on her bed, curling up under the covers. Everything had to change, it all had to be different. Why? Why couldn’t everything be the way it was? Why couldn’t she just be a kid?
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

A little while later...week or so :P

Christine started the pot of coffee, pulling her things together, getting ready to leave for her day. She knew it was early, but she didn’t want to leave without checking in with her daughter first, as she did most every morning. Today was just a bit earlier than normal.

She walked down the hall, knocking on her daughter’s door. “Talia? You up, baby?”

The door opened, and a disheveled Talia greeted her with a glare. She pushed past her mother lethargically, going for the bathroom and closing the door. Christine followed, speaking through that door. “I’m going to work, sweetie. You know the drill. I’ll be back for lunch, and your Daddy’s going to be stopping by to check on you sometime this morning,” the toilet flushed and the door opened again, TJ shoving past her to move to the living room.

Christine followed, trying to keep her irritation down. This was how it had been since they’re initiated this grounding last week. But, what choice had Talia given her? She wasn’t going to let her harm her baby just because she wasn’t ready to accept it all yet. She watched her daughter flop on the couch, remote in hand. As she lay, her shirt rode up a bit, and Christine got a glimpse of her stomach. She sighed. It wouldn’t be long until no amount of baggy clothing could hide it. There was certainly a very obvious bump there now.

“Make sure to take your vitamins honey, ok?” Talia flicked on the television in response, surfing channels. “I’ll see you in a few hours.” Christine grabbed her things, moving to the door. “I love you.”

Talia didn’t look up. Christine sighed and left the house. She couldn’t imagine having to spend the next six months like this. But she also couldn’t force Talia to deal with it. She’d have to come to it on her own. Until she did though, living with her was increasingly difficult.

TJ turned and looked out the window at her mother heading down the path. Another fucking day sitting in this fucking house by her fucking self because her parents were fucking unfair. She couldn’t see any of her friends, she couldn’t do ANYTHING but sit and watch TV. Or read as her mom once suggested. Pfft, yeah right.

‘It’s for your own good,’ her mother’d told her. ‘And for the baby.’

The baby, the fucking baby she doesn’t even want. It mattered more than she did. She couldn’t do anything, because of it. Why should it even matter? It’s her body, and…her baby. Why does her Mom have to be such a fucking Nazi about everything?

But what could she do? She sighed. She didn’t have any choices. So she hadn’t spoken to either of her parent’s in the past week. Part of her felt kind of bad about it, but they deserved it. For making her life hell.

Talia shifted on the couch a bit, brushing a hand over her stomach. She froze for a second, before lifting her shirt a bit to gaze at it. This wasn’t what she wanted. Sure, Talia wanted kids. She wanted to be a mom…one day. Not now…and not…alone. She pulled her shirt down quickly, suddenly feeling a wash of guilt. It wasn’t the baby’s fault either though. It’s not like it was asking to be born….it was her fault. Her fucking fault. She could feel tears prick her eyes, but instead settled down in the couch to focus on the television. No reason to even think about this.

She heard the door open, her father peeking in. “Hey Princess,” he said, giving her a smile. She turned to look at the clock. How was it 10:30 already? Talia turned her attention back to the television.

“How are you feeling?” She didn’t respond. Her father sighed. “Talia, your Mom and I just want the best for you..” he started, before pausing. It didn’t make much a difference what he said, he knew that. She was in a mood and when Talia was in a mood, there wasn’t anything you could do, but wait for her to come out of it. “Do you want me to get you anything from the rec center? Any new DVDs?”

That…actually wasn’t a bad idea. Talia had exhausted anything she had. But at the same time, she wasn’t talking to her parents. She’d just have to make due with what she had. She flicked another channel, settling on The Peoples Court.

“Alright, Princess,” John frowned. “If you need anything, you can just get me on my beeper, ok?” She didn’t answer. He sighed and left.

Well, she had, what, an hour and a half if she was lucky til Mom came home? Awesome. She couldn’t wait, she thought rolling her eyes. She shifted again on the couch, focusing again on the television.

She lay that way, letting herself become completely drawn into what she was watching, when she felt something odd. She shifted, sitting up. There, she felt it again. This odd…almost fluttery feeling in her stomach. She brought her hands up, placing them over her bulge. Was….was that her baby?

Talia sat still, before feeling it again, this time poking slightly inside. God, she’d never felt anything like that before in her life. It had to be….oh God. She was having a baby. A real live baby. Suddenly it all felt so real. There was no turning back. She was going to be a Mom, and this was her child. She rubbed her hand over her stomach once. Her baby.

She’d been so stupid. Ignoring it, trying to pretend it wasn’t happening to her, smoking. So stupid! What if she’d hurt it? What if…God, it wasn’t moving anymore. She froze, keeping perfectly still for a few beats, before feeling it again. She laughed, feeling tears in her eyes.

“Hey baby,” she said, laying back on the couch, rubbing her stomach. “I’m your Mommy.”
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

About a week after that..

Talia lay on her bed, looking over the picture in her hand. It wasn’t really too easy, but you could definitely see a baby there. She traced her finger around its head, its body, trying to make out details. Man, these ultrasound pictures were not very pretty.

The doctor’s appointment had been nowhere near as scary as she thought. He’d asked some questions, done some basic doctor stuff, and done the ultrasound. It wasn’t so bad at all, even if it was kind of weird to have Mom there.

She stared at the picture some more. What was it? Boy or girl? She looked at what she figured was a hand. Were there five fingers there? It was so hard to tell. There definitely wasn’t a tail. She wondered…what did it inherit from her? Or from Remy?

God that was another thing. Mom had brought that up in the car. When was she going to call Remy? Never. Why call him? Just to upset them both? Her mother didn’t get it, Remy and her had discussed this. Besides, there were more pressing matters right now. She had to tell Alan and the rest of them. Talia was just happy when her Mom dropped it.

She glanced at her wall clock. Alan was gonna be coming over soon. How the hell does she tell him? She hadn’t seen him in nearly two weeks, and they hadn’t slept together in almost four. He was confused, and she tried to explain without really explaining, but it didn’t help his confusion.

At that moment, as if on cue, Alan showed up at her door. “Knock knock,” he knocked lightly on the opened door.

She sat up, stashing the picture behind her. She shifted her baggy shirt to cover her stomach as much as possible. “Hey!” she greeted, as he sat on the bed beside her, giving her a quick kiss. She leaned in again when they parted, pressing her lips to his, holding on for a bit before leaning away. “That’s to make up for the past few weeks.”

He raised his eyebrows a bit. “Yeah, thanks, well,” he started. “It’s been a long time, TJ. What’s up? I gotta tell ya, not hearing from you or seeing you…I was beginning to wonder.”

“I know,” she bit her lip. “There’s a good reason though. And I should have told you but…I’ve been having a hard time. It doesn’t make it right though….I’m sorry.”

“Hey, it’s ok, babe,” Alan said, putting his arm around her shoulders. “Just….what do you have to tell me?”

“I’m pregnant.”

Alan’s face went white, his eyes growing wide. “You…what?”

“Oh, no, Alan, um….” Talia began. “It’s not yours. I’ve been pregnant, since I came home….I,” she fiddled with her hair, looking away from him. “I just didn’t know how to tell anyone. I was kinda freaked out.”

Alan just stared at her, the words ‘It’s not yours’ being the sweetest he’d heard in a while. Ok, he had to process this. TJ…his, well…he supposed his girlfriend….she was pregnant. With some other guys baby. And she’d been pregnant this whole time. And not told him. “Why wouldn’t you tell me?”

“I…Alan, I’m sorry. It’s just been really fucking hard. No one knows yet, except Mel.” The way he was staring at her was making her infinitely uncomfortable.

“You…” Jesus, she was pregnant! “So, everytime we…” He was fucking a pregnant chick? What the hell world was he living in?!

“I don’t want this to change anything, Alan…but, like, I get if your upset. I didn’t mean to upset you though,” she looked to him then, trying to face him. However he felt about it, she was ok. If he didn’t want to see her anymore? Ok. She’d miss the sex, but…she wasn’t sure she’d miss him. But, if he was going to stay, he was gonna have to accept the baby.

“I-“ Alan began. “I…I gotta think about this.”

Talia nodded, looking down.

Alan stood, heading for the door, before turning back. “Are you like…can you tell yet?”

TJ just stood and lifted her shirt over her stomach. “It’s why I hadn’t been seeing you the past few weeks.”

JESUS she WAS pregnant! He drew his eyes up from her stomach to her face. “Wow...thats…nuts.”

“Yeah…it really is.”

He inspected her stomach again. She really wasn’t that big. And like…did he really want to give it up? “Listen, I’m gonna go home. But…I’ll call you, ok?”

“Yeah, ok,” Talia replied, pulling her shirt down.

“Ok…we’ll figure it out. I’ll call you ok?”

“Ok,” she watched Alan leave through her door, turning back once to give her a small smile.

Well, her cards were on the table now. Just a matter of showing them to the rest.

[Edited on 31/5/07 by NachtcGleiskette]
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

[Elizabeth] Leaving Warren and James to some male bonding over good British comedy and tea, Lizzie made herself comfy on te sofa in the study and dialled TJs number, playing with her necklace as she listened to the line connect and ring...

[Talia] Talia stirred awake hearing the ring. She'd fallen asleep? Lame. She reached for the phone, biting back a yawn as she stretched. "Hello?"

[Elizabeth] "Hey Tee!" Lizzie sat up, hugging a cushion to herself as she stretched out on the sofa. "How are you doing?"

[Talia] She grunted a little bit as she stretched out her back, trying to sit up a bit more. "I'm ok..." her mind clicked. "Oh! Hey Lizzie! How are you? How's England?"

[Elizabeth] "I'm good! Englands cold!" she giggled, wriggling around so the sleeves of her sweater dress covered her hands. "It's good, apart from that! It is so damn good to be at home, seriously!" she babbled a little, glad to be speaking to the other girl.

[Elizabeth] "Oh, I did this hilarious shoot today for this perfume, they wanted it all dark and fantasy and they made me wear bat wings! I thought I was going to burst inot tears of laughter!!" Lizzie giggled and fluffed her cushion. "So, whats been going on for you?"

[Talia] TJ laughed, just happy to hear Lizzie's voice. "You had to wear bat wings?! What'd Warren say??"

[Talia] She looked down, tracing little patterns on her stomach. "I've been good...kinda bored, but good. I'm no model.."

[Elizabeth] "Oh I'm going to suprise him with the pictures - he was off with James getting Christmas stuff. And hey! Don't get yourself down, you are mode material- you're gorgeous!"

[Talia] "You think so??" TJ bit her lip. "I dunno......who's ever heard of a blue model."

[Elizabeth] "Pfft, dont limit yourself!"

[Elizabeth] "You're attractive and unique - a lot more than most models!"

[Talia] She blushed a bit. "Thanks..." looking down her smile faded a bit. "Well...maybe one day."

[Elizabeth] "Yeah. So, what have you got planned for Christmas?"

[Talia] TJ shifted a bit in her seat, playing with the hem of her shirt. "I think we're going to grandma's house or something. Like, a big family thing. We do it every year."

[Talia] "What about you? What're you doing for Christmas? Hanging out with Warren and James?"

[Elizabeth] "Basically, yeah. James is going over to Fran's familys place for Christmas Eve and Christmas morning but he'll be coming back here for lunch - with or without her, without I hope!"

[Elizabeth] Sighing dreamily she snuggled down, tucking the cushion under her chin. "But it'll be nice to get the house to myself with Warren..."

[Talia] "Heh I bet!" she smiled deviously. "Have you guys like....you know..yet?"

[Elizabeth] Blushing, even though she was on the phone she let out a giggle that gave her away at once.

[Talia] "oooo!!! Oh my gooood! You did!!!" TJ giggled, raising a brow. "How was it??"

[Elizabeth] "It was good...I've never been with anyone like him. Ever," Lizzie's blush extended even furthur as she thought about it.

[Talia] "Thats sooo nice.." TJ said, playing with her shirt again. She sighed a little bit. "I'm really happy for you."

[Elizabeth] "So, c'mon - whats with your life? Spill!!"

[Talia] "It's kinda...boring."

[Talia] "I've been grounded, so I cant even really see anyone."

[Talia] "So I basically like...sit around the house. I don't smoke anymore or anything either."

[Elizabeth] "Yeah? I thought you were giong to give your mum a hand with stuff? Or are you so grounded they wont let you do that?" Lizzie frowned, a little confused; she hadn't known TJs parents were that strict.

[Elizabeth] "Blimey, Tee, what exactly were you smoking?" she forced a laugh, hoping it didnt sound false.

[Talia] She started to play with her hair. "I still help my mom out sometimes..when I can."

[Talia] "And..I was smoking like...weed. The usual stuff..." she started getting a bit nervous.

[Elizabeth] Changing her tone to a slightly lighter joking, Lizzie thought carefully; TJ was hiding something, she felt. Better to play it safe, though, let her talk on her own..."Well if you're this seriously grounded it must have been the size of your arm or something!"

[Talia] "Yeah...well....I just...I need to be healthier you know??"

[Talia] She twisted her fingers a little bit. "I need to like...think of my health. Like, there are more important things than smoking, you know?? And sometimes you just have to stop cause its the right thing to do.." she realised she was rambling and stopped abruptly.

[Elizabeth] "Haha! Oh my god - you sound like me after Rankin got me and converted me to the health side..." she chewed her lip. "Tee...did something bad happen? I'm sorry if I'm prying but -"

[Elizabeth] "This time last year I...well, I had an accident with my medication and Annie realised...She found out I had an addiction to it and made me stop taking it and once I'd withdrawn I saw what a mess I'd been and - I just see you talking on the myspaces and stuff about being healthier and looking after

[Elizabeth] youself and I can't help but see myself back then."

[Talia] Talia let out a breath, putting her head in her hand. "No...no, I'm fine...I-"

[Talia] She sighed again.

[Elizabeth] "Yeah? Tee - you can tell me...I dont judge."

[Elizabeth] "Or - I try not to, anyway. If you've got something going on, you can talk to me..."

[Talia] "I..." she stopped. "Lizzie, I...can you promise me that if I tell you this, you won't tell ANYONE?"

[Talia] "Like..NO one. Totally NOOO one, not Warren, not James NO ONE."

[Elizabeth] Swallowing, she looked towards the door to mkae sure Warren or James were not there and closed her eyes. Not good. Not good. But...TJ obviously needed to talk.

[Elizabeth] "I...alright Tee, if thats what you need, I promise."

[Talia] She bit her lip, nodding. "Ok...."

[Talia] She took another breath. Just...get it out. "I'm pregnant."

[Elizabeth] ....

[Elizabeth] Jesus fucking Christ on a fucking bycycle....

[Elizabeth] "Just....How far along are you?" she swallowed. That was a far safer question than 'whose is it'.

[Talia] Talia looked down, feeling suddenly ashamed. "Like....a little over five months?"

[Elizabeth] "So...Remy doesn't know, does he?" she asked softly, wondering if it was a joke...

[Talia] She shook her head. "No...Lizzie, you can't tell him! Please don't tell him!"

[Elizabeth] "I...I promise. Personally? I think you should tell him - as in you. But that's your choice. It's your baby, your right..."

[Talia] TJ nodded. "You sound like my mom..."

[Talia] "But...he doesn't want it. Why even tell him? So he can reject me to my face? He told me a million times he never wants babies...and it's not like I meant to get pregnant.."

[Talia] "I mean...I was on fucking birth control and everything.."

[Elizabeth] "Well, it doesn't always work - what type were you on?"

[Talia] "I don't remember what it's called...but I went on antibiotics when I went to New Orleans last summer and...i guess that birth control and antibiotics don't work..

[Elizabeth] "Nope," Lizzie responded with a sad smile. "So what are you going to do after it - do you know what you're having yet? After it's born..."

[Elizabeth] This was so weird...she'd never known anyone be pregnant before, it just hadn't happened in her life.

[Talia] "I don;t know what it is yet," she smiled a bit. "I kinda want to be surprised. But it has five fingers and toes! And no tail..."

[Talia] "I don't really know what I'm gonna do...I'm kinda nervous but...I'm gonna be a Mom. I guess..I'm gonna stay here. And take care of it..."

[Elizabeth] "Well, least you have your mum and all the rest of your family, eh?" she breathed in. "Look...it really isn't my business, but you should consider telling Remy. If only so he can pay maintinence and everything - he should take his lumps too..."

[Talia] She scowled a bit at that. "Thats not what it's about....like...I want the baby. I do...I maybe didn't realy plan it...but I want it.."

[Talia] "And..." she sighed, slouching a bit, resting her hand on her stomach. "He's moved on...he's happy. He doesn't need all this...especially since he doesn't want it."

[Talia] She rubbed her stomach when she felt the soft kick.

[Elizabeth] "I suppose...." she bit her lip. "Sorry - this is all a little alien to me. If I was pregnant I'd be terrified....."

[Talia] Talia paused for a bit, tracing patterns on her stomach again.

[Talia] "Who says I'm not?" she answered quietly.

[Elizabeth] Not quite sure what to say to that, Lizzie shuffled on the sofa and looked around the cosy study, making sure she was still alone. "Well, you can tlak to me and....no offence but it does explain a lot..."

[Talia] She furrowed her brow a bit, deciding to leave her fears off. "Explains how?"

[Elizabeth] Lizzie winced. She had not meant her to take that the wrong way... "Just, little things. Like the salami and Jammie Dodgers"

[Elizabeth] "I just thought that was a weird stoner munchy thing!"

[Talia] She laughed a little bit. "No...I think this little one just has really weird taste." She rubbed her stomach again, smiling at it.

[Talia] "I did smoke a bit though...well...alot in the beginning.."

[Elizabeth] "And - so thats why your mum freaked so much about it and grounded you?"

[Elizabeth] "Again that explains that..."

[Talia] "Yeah...well...I was hurting the baby.."

[Talia] She sighed. "I was reall dumb. I was being so selfish and I didn't want to have a baby and so I just like..smoked and didn't care."

[Talia] "And...what if I did hurt the baby? What if when it comes out it's all weird or something?? It'd be all my fault.."

[Elizabeth] Lizzie opedn and closed her mouth a few times before rubbing her shoulder uncomfortably. "You were hurting...And you've stopped now, you know better so...Be gald of that, yeah?"

[Talia] "I know but..." she wiped away a tear that had fallen down her cheek. "If..if there's something wrong with the baby...I couldn't ever forgive myself..."

[Talia] "I had this weird nightmare the other night that the baby came out and it like..had tentacles and no head. It was like...an octapus or something."

[Elizabeth] "Well, there're probably odder muations out there!" Lizzie joked, then paused. "You can get it checked out though. But - you stopped, so just don;t stress yourself, you dont need it."

[Talia] TJs eyes widened a bit at the joke, but she let out a breath. "Yeah well....the baby's normal looking so far..as they can see on the ultrsound.."

[Talia] "I don't know if it has like..blue skin yet or not...but we'll find out. It's due in May."

[Elizabeth] "Yeah? Wow, that's just....Well, congradulations I suppose! Have you thought of names?"

[Talia] She smiled again, rubbing her large stomach lovingly, feeling the baby kick again. "Kinda. Well...it's hard since I don't know yet. But...I dunno. I guess if it's a girl..I like Abigail alot. And Madison."

[Talia] "I haven't really thought about boy names so much...maybe Gabriel? Or Gavin? Elliot? I dunno..."

[Elizabeth] "Aww," smiling soppily, she yawned, rubbing her eyes. "You're happy?"

[Talia] "Yeah," she told Lizzie with a smile. "I mean, like...this isn't what I planned you know? I figured..at least I'd have a husband before I have a baby.."

[Talia] "But...I dunno. I love the baby so much. I think..if its just me and him? Thats ok...he's all I want."

[Elizabeth] "I'm glad...So I guess when I come see you I'll need to bring a cuddly toy, eh?"

[Talia] She giggled a bit. "If you want. You can come after it's born...he can meet Aunt Lizzie."

[Elizabeth] Twitching she gave a short laugh. "Aunt Lizzie? Well - if you want, then...yeah. Course!"

[Talia] "I'm sure you'll be a great Aunt..." TJ trailed off. "I just...hope I can be a good Mom.."

[Elizabeth] "I'm sure you will. You;ve got your mum, she'll help, wont she?"

[Talia] "Yeah...I think she's really getting in to being a grandma...and she's being like...crazy with me. On me ALL the time to take vitamins and all that crap."

[Talia] "But...its just so scary. You know? All of it. Like..thinking about having to actually HAVE the baby. It's gonna hurt SO much...and then...what if I screw it up?"

[Talia] "Like...what if I fuck it all up? And then like..after its born...what if I cant do it??" She began to tug on her shirt nervously as her fears began to pour out on to Lizzie.

[Elizabeth] Lizzie was silent for a while, trying to grasp the situation. "Tee...I don't know what I can say...I just - of course you're going to be scared, but I dont know anything about having babies or what happens...I know about planes and DR programes," she said, feeling lame.

[Talia] "I'm sorry," TJ sniffled a bit, wiping her face with the back of her wrist. "I don't mean to freak out on you..."

[Elizabeth] "Its okay, you're bound to be scared....I just dont want to say thre wrong thing," Lizzie replied softly and started to pick at the cushin edge, playing with a loose thread.

[Talia] She nodded. "Just.....what do you think, Lizzie?" she found she needed to hear something from her...she needed to hear Lizzie's opinion on this.

[Talia] "You won't say the wrong thing...."

[Elizabeth] "About what?"

[Talia] TJ looked down, nervous again, playing with her hair. "All this..."

[Elizabeth] "I....I think you're really brave and it must be dead hard for you, but you have a great family and you'll be a good mum. Really."

[Talia] She smiled a bit. "Thanks Lizzie....so much."

[Elizabeth] "It's okay. You'll be good, you'll see," Lizzie assured, her bottom lip trembling slightly. She hoped she would be, she really did.

[Talia] "I really hope so.." she stroked her belly again. "Cause this baby deserves the best ever. I want it to have everything..." Except a father. She bit her lip, pushing that thought away. There wasn't anything she could do about that.

[Elizabeth] "So do you...."

[Talia] "I have him," she told Lizzie. "I....I want to be a Mom. Everything else? Well...its just not what I'm supposed to do anymore right?"

[Talia] "But...we'll still keep in touch, right?? And...you'll come out when the baby's born??"

[Elizabeth] "Of course I will and....I wont tell anyone. That's up to you."

[Talia] "Thanks so much Lizzie."

[Talia] TJ smiled as the baby gave her another kick, a bit more insistent than before. "Thanks for talking too."

[Elizabeth] "Thats okay, I'm glad I called. It's good to hear your voice again..."

[Elizabeth] "I miss you, its not the same around school without you."

[Talia] "I miss you too..."

[Talia] She sighed a bit sadly. "Well...now you get why I can't come back..."

[Elizabeth] "Yeah...It does explain that as well." Lizzie nodded and tucked her hair behind her ears, shifting the phone so she was more comfortable.

[Talia] "Yeah....well....you can totally visit," she said with a half smile. "And theres always myspace."

[Elizabeth] "Haha, yeah! We will always have MySpace!" Lizzie giggled. "And I'd love to visit, see where you grew up!"

[Talia] She laughed a bit. "Yeah, well your totally welcome whenever!! If you don't mind like...crazy heat and miles of nothing."

[Elizabeth] "I'd just have to liven it up a little then!" threatening mock playfully, she stood up and started to walk around a little.

[Talia] "Heh, I bet you could," TJ shifted a little her back beginning to hurt. The baby shifted inside her, settling it's knee or elbow on one of her soft organs. "Ahhh fuck."

[Elizabeth] "Are you okay?" stopping her pacing she felt a pang of concern go through her.

[Talia] "Yeah, I'm fine. The baby just pokes me sometimes. It's totally ok."

[Elizabeth] "Ahh....Urr...Does that feel weird?"

[Talia] "Kinda...it's like..this thing poking at you from the inside. I don't really know how to describe it better..."

[Talia] "But it has like...no limit on it. Like, I can't control it at all. He likes to flip around and poke me the most at night. Sometimes he'll wake me up in the middle of the fucking night because he wants to do sommersaults."

[Elizabeth] Smiling, Lizzie wandered to the window and flicked the curtain open a little, looking out. It was....weird to be hearing this, but not in a bad way...

[Elizabeth] "You sound really happy..."

[Talia] "I am really happy," she smiled. "I really am."

[Elizabeth] Hearing footsteps in the hallway, Lizzie looked over her shoulder to see James walking in and holding a cup, making a gesture with it. "Oh!"

[Elizabeth] "Tee, I've got to go, I went and left the guys alone and I did say I'd make tea...I'll phone you soon, yeah?"

[Elizabeth] "Have a good Christmas and look after yourself!"

[Talia] "Oh! Ok, you too Lizzie!! Thanks so much for calling..and everything. It was really good to hear from you!"

[Elizabeth] "I'll comment you or something later!" she pipped and went to hang up, still feeling strange....TJ was pregnant....it was just so...wow.

[Elizabeth] Aunt Lizzie....Christ.

[Elizabeth] Warren would flip out if he had to be Uncle Warren, she thought with a smirk and pulled a face at her brother as she went to make the tea.

[Talia] TJ hung up the phone, putting it beside her. She looked at it for a second, before returning her attention to her stomach, wrapping her hands around it.

[Talia] It was so odd, this very obvious divide between her past...and her future. She just hoped it was possible to bring some of her past in her future. And Lizzie and her really could stay friends through this.
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

*time passes* :P

FYI: Be prepared for a bit of naughtiness involving "nipples" :P

Today was good. Dad and Mom were both going to Grandma’s to help fix some leak in one of her pipes, so they’d be gone ALL day. It had taken a lot of arguing to get them to leave Talia alone at home, but like…come on! She wasn’t a baby, and it’s not like anything bad was gonna happen. She wasn’t going to smoke or drink or do anything to hurt her baby, she’d proven that. But Jesus, she needed some time to herself! Well…not to herself. And she sure as hell needed something else.

The knock on the front door had her rushing for it. Well, as fast as she could manage at 5 and a half months pregnant. She flung it open, dragging Alan in, fastening her mouth to his.

Alan kissed her back fiercely, rubbing his hands up her back. Her stomach rubbed up against him uncomfortably, but he ignored it. Just completely ignore it. No need to think about it. They were gonna have fun, she was a good fuck, just ignore all….that.

She led him back toward her bedroom, ripping his shirt over his head as she pushed him through her door, her lips still fastened to his. He returned the favor, lifting her shirt off, feeling the back of his knees against her bed. He parted from her for a second to smile at her. “If this is what I get for being ten minutes late, maybe next time I should be twenty?”

TJ smirked at him, pushing him back on her bed. “Oh, you’re not getting off easy. You’re going to be punished for that,” she told him, flicking her bra open and pulling it off. She leaned over him, devouring his mouth again, her hands grabbing his and pushing them above his head. She nipped at his jaw. “You going to let me tie you up this time?”

He sighed. “I told you I don’t want to do that-“ he bit off a moan as she ground against him. “Not this time.”

Talia pouted at him, leaning in for another kiss. “I just think you’d look so hot,” she stretched out above him, digging his wrists into her mattress. “All stretched out like this.”

Alan didn’t answer, instead took the opportunity to draw her nipple into his mouth from where she was positioned, suckling gently. TJ moaned. Fuck, she was horny! She hoped he could keep up with her at this point, or at least would last long enough for her. She moaned again as he sucked harder, drawing his teeth against her nipple.

“Yes,” she gasped, closing her eyes, leaning a bit into him as he sucked. She drew in a breath when he switched to the other breast, teasing her piercing with his tongue. “Oh god.” This felt so good. She pushed her breast forward, urging him to go further. She felt a timid nip and groaned. “Yes…again.” He bit down again, this time harder, and she bucked a bit, bringing her hands down to wrap in his hair. “Again. Harder.” He bit again, this time much harder, and she ground into him, crying out a bit.

“Oh….God Remy…”

Alan stopped, his eyes snapping open. TJ looked down at him oddly. “Why are you stopping?”

“Remy?” He asked, giving her a look.

“What?” She gave him a look back.

“You called me Remy,” he told her, shifting her to his side so he could sit up.

“What? That’s insane! I didn’t call you that!” She crossed her arms angrily over her chest, glaring at him. “I would never! How could you even say that?!”

“How could YOU forget what you said five seconds ago?!” He asked her, standing up.

Talia was about to argue, but instead thought over the past five minutes. Had she? “I’d…I wouldn’t do that..” she told him. Why in the WORLD would she call Alan Remy of all things?

“YOU DID!” he told her, gesturing at her angrily. “FUCK, TJ, it’s not as if we don’t have an ever present reminder of him that I have to fucking deal with. You don’t have to remind me of all THAT by CALLING me his NAME.“

TJ’s eyes narrowed a bit. “What the fuck does that mean?”

He stopped a bit confused. What the hell did SHE have to be angry about? “What?”

“I’m soooo fucking sorry you have to deal with this “ever present reminder”. How selfish of me!” She glared at him. “What the fuck do you want, Alan? I can’t do anything about this,” she gestured at her stomach. “It is what it is, and you know what it is. And you’re still here. But don’t even TRY to make me choose,” her eyes began to tear up a bit as she put her hands on her stomach, taking a breath. “I won’t choose you over my baby.”

He just looked at her for a second. Was she on crack or something? “I didn’t even say any of that! But fuck, you think this is all easy for me? You-“

Easy for him? She stood up, pushing him out her door. “Get out!” she slammed the door on him, leaning against it, putting her head in her hands. Who the hell did he think he was?!

Alan stared at the closed door. What the hell did he say?? He knocked on the door. “TJ, come on.” He rested his head against the door. He could hear her breathing directly on the other side of the door – was she crying? Oh for fucks sake. “Open the door.”

“GO AWAY,” she told him, wiping her eyes. How DARE he! She pulled her shirt over her head, sitting on her bed with a huff. It wasn’t easy for him! Well FUCK like it was SO easy for her! And he KNEW about ALL of it, and he still wanted to be with her! So what the fuck was his problem?! One thing she knew…she did NOT call him Remy. She couldn’t have..she WOULDN’T have. He was nuts, and even SAYING that to her was....how DARE he!

She heard a sigh from the other side of the door. “Can I at least have my shirt?” Talia narrowed her eyes in anger, grabbing the offending piece of clothing and swinging the door open to throw it at him.

“Just GET OUT!” she told him. “If this is too fucking much for you then FINE. I don’t fucking care! Just get OUT.” She slammed the door behind her, throwing her self over her bed.

Alan raised a brow. Jesus CHRIST this woman. He pulled his shirt over his head, moving away from the door. Best thing to do now was just leave her alone til she calmed the hell down. He turned without another word and headed out of her house. The girl was fucking nuts.

Talia sat up in her bed, hearing the front door close. She caught a glance of Alan walking up the path toward his house from her window. FINE. He could fucking leave, and if he never came back it was HIS fucking loss, not hers! She wiped her eyes again. He was sick. Why would he even mention Remy, let alone accuse her of that?! It wasn’t as if she wasn’t reminded of him every single day. She couldn’t escape him. And she’d never be able to. She didn’t need other people reminding her.

Her unborn gave a small kick at that, and she patted her stomach. “What do you want now?” she teased, laying back, closing her eyes. “Just let Mommy rest a little while,” she told it, rubbing her tummy lovingly. She didn’t need Alan, or anyone else. She had everything she wanted right here.

[Edited on 1/6/07 by NachtcGleiskette]
TechPrincess
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Little BABY!! Fairy <3
Nightscrawlearth Character: :jean :emma :husk

Post by TechPrincess »

Hahahhahaahaha zomg, we know where TJ's mind was the whole time. The sex god cannot be bested!
Paige :husk -------- Emma :emma -------- Hope :jean
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

And a little while after that ;)

Alan watched Talia as she lay beside him. From this angle her belly was well hidden, what with the way she as turned and the blanket. Though it was there. It was very very there. Hard to ignore anymore.

He still liked her. But it didn’t change that she was going to have some other guys baby. And…if he stayed with her, would he have to be a dad or something? Shit, he was twenty years old!

You know, it wasn’t so hard to just ignore there was a baby in there. The sex was amazing, better than he’d ever had. That tail. Jesus, once he got over the initial weirdness of using her tail, well…like THAT. Well, fuck. It was just incredible.

He smirked and lay down close to her, pushing his lips to hers. At that her eyes fluttered open. “Hey.”

“Hey,” he replied, kissing her again, his tongue darting into her mouth. He pulled her close, feeling her belly press against his stomach. Just ignore it. It’s no big deal. He moaned as she tangled her hands in his hair, holding him close to deepen the kiss. Jesus, he wanted her. He moved a hand down to cup her breast when he felt a slight kick from her stomach.

Alan let go over her, backing up quick. “What was that?!”

Talia bit her lip. “The baby’s been getting pretty active lately. I guess it felt cramped or something?”

The baby. Oh fuck. He put his head down in his hands, rubbing his eyes. “TJ,” he started.

She moved closer to him, the blanket falling from around them a bit. The way he was sitting, all he could see was that stomach.

“TJ…” Fuck. “I can’t do it.”

She gave him an odd look. “Can’t do what?”

“This!” he gestured between the two of them. “I can’t, TJ…”

Was he breaking up with her? Shouldn’t she feel worse about this?

“It’s just, TJ, god, your carrying some guy’s baby! It’s so fucking weird, I just can’t-“

She huffed a bit. “Some guy? You say it like I don’t even know who the father is, or-“

“I don’t mean it like that,” Alan cut her off. God, he didn’t even want to say his name. “Remy’s baby, right? I…I’m not him, TJ. It’s just fucking weird. That’s his kid! I mean, jesus, you’re having a kid.”

“Yeah? And?”

“And I…” he trailed off. “I can’t see you like this anymore. I’m sorry.”

She looked at him for a minute, then silently got out of bed, collecting her clothing. Shouldn’t this hurt? Even when she broke it off with Remy, it hurt her a bit. And that was her breaking up with him. Why didn’t this fell like that?

“We can be friends still,” Alan told her as she dressed. “I’ll call you this weekend, right?”

“Yeah, sure, whatever you want Alan,” she pulled her sweatshirt on, grabbing her bag. It just didn’t matter as much as she’d expect it to. Maybe they could be friends. Though, she knew better than to expect a call that weekend.

~&~

“We’re back!” Talia looked up from where she sat on the couch, watching her mother enter the room, a large box in her arms. She shifted her weight forward, attempting to get out of her seat. It just wasn’t so easy anymore.

“Sweetie, just sit, it’s ok. Your father and I have this.” John followed Christine, putting another box down next to the first.

“We just got a few more, princess. Just relax,” her parents went back out to the truck as Talia moved closer to the boxes. Crib, changing table, everything she needed to take care of the baby. Man, she was gonna have a baby. And soon!

Her parents entered again, a few more boxes and some bags in their hands. “Where are we going to put this stuff?” he father asked.

Talia looked to her mother, who looked to her. Right, this was up to her wasn’t it? “The crib’ll go in my room…but I don’t think I can fit all of it.”

“It’s ok, hun, we’ll figure out the rest. Let’s just get the crib set up in there for now?”

“Right, ok,” TJ nodded, leading the way into her room. Her father shifted her bed over, taking down some shelves and pictures to make room. It was kind of sad seeing her stuff having to be packed in boxes, but then, she’d have a baby there. That meant more than any of her stuff.

She packed the things away as her father set up the crib. It was exactly the one she picked. She stood, moving over to it as he fastened the last screw.

“There,” he stood back from it. “It looks nice right there.” Part of him was still trying to process all of this. Seeing a crib in his daughters room certainly wasn’t a site he’d ever expect.

“Thank you Daddy!” she gave him a hug, her mother entering behind them with some bags.

“We got those bedclothes you wanted too, hun,” her mother dropped the bags on the bed. “Why don’t you set it up and your father and I can put this stuff in the attic?”

“Ok,” She started pulling things out of the bags as her parents left the room, making the bed, preparing for her baby. She only had about a month. One month and she’d be a mom.

She began to look through the other bags, pulling out clothes, toys, bottles, bibs. Jesus, what was she going to do with all this stuff? She sat on her bed, her legs aching a bit from standing for so long. Her change in position was responded by a large kick in her abdomen.

“Oh, don’t you start up now,” she rubbed her stomach soothingly. “Let Mommy rest a few minutes.” In response, her little one decided acrobatics were in order, and began to roll around. Talia just fell backwards on the bed. “Thanks a lot.”

She lay her for a while, feeling her baby tumble within her. Such an odd feeling, was it even odder that she’d gotten used to it? She could remember when it was nothing more than a subtle flutter. Now? Jesus, now it was like a bowling ball in a rock tumbler. Putting her hands over her stomach, she could feel as it moved from the outside.

“You excited baby?” she asked it. It was weird, but she’d grown accustomed to talking to the baby, especially on nights it decided to keep her awake. “I’m excited.”

“And nervous. And scared. But I’m gonna do my best,” she patted her stomach. “And I’m gonna love you.”
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Christine watched as Talia sat on the living room sofa, watching television. She had really become a homebody the last few months, really never leaving the house at all. Mel would stop by occasionally to visit, but otherwise, Talia would sit and watch TV. Or fix things up around her room. She supposed it was better than going off and getting high, but she hated that her daughter couldn’t do the things she always did. Though, TJ seemed to become used to not doing the things she used to love. She was accepting it. That was good, right?

She sighed. There was still that one thing. And she’d let her put it off for so long but she couldn’t anymore. The baby was going to be here soon, and she was not going to let her daughter make the same mistakes she’d made twenty years earlier.

She took a seat next to her daughter on the couch, putting her hand on her knee. “How are you feeling sweetie?”

“Tired,” Talia yawned in demonstration. “The baby does NOT stop moving anymore. I can hardly sleep.”

“Well, it’s almost full term, angel. It’s getting cramped for it in there.”

“Yeah,” Talia kept her gaze on the television, flicking the channel.

Christine took the remote from her hand. “Sweetie, there’s something we really need to talk about.”

She turned her head to her mom. “What’s up?”

Hmm. Everytime Christine had brought this up, Talia had rebuffed it. Talia knew better, she knew what Remy wanted, she shouldn’t call him. Maybe it was time to take a different approach.

“When I was pregnant with you, when I first found out I was pregnant, I was still living in New York.”

Talia nodded. What was this? History lesson? But it was a bit of her mother’s history she rarely heard.

“I was still seeing Kurt. When I had found out I was pregnant, I had already agreed to move back to Arizona, to take this job. I asked Kurt to come, thinking we could have a life together. But, he declined. I knew from past conversations he did not like the idea of bringing a baby into this world, so I thought I had done the right thing in not telling him.”

Oh fuck, it was this. Why didn’t her mother understand?!

“I didn’t realize, Talia, not until I saw him again at Xavier’s, what a terrible mistake I’d made. I’d hurt him terribly, and denied him the right to be a father. And denied you the right to know him.” She sighed. “I don’t want to see you do the same thing. Regardless of what Remy may have said, he still has the right to be a father if he wants. You need to at least give him the option, hun.”

“Mom…I can’t.”

“Why can’t you? Sweetie, doesn’t your baby deserve to know his father? If not for you, or for Remy, just do it for the baby. Remy may refuse, he may not want to have a kid, but at least give him the option of choosing.”

Talia sighed. “What do you want me to do Mom?!”

Christine held the phone out. “Just call, baby. That’s all you have to do. The rest is up to him.”

TJ hesitated, so Christine put the phone in her hand. “I’m not going to let you stall anymore. The baby will be here soon, sweetie. Once it’s born you may not have the chance.”

Talia looked at her mother. Fuck, she was right. She took a deep breath, gathering her strength. It was now or never. It didn’t matter what Remy chose at this point, all that mattered was he knew. She held the phone to her ear, dialing the number to Xaviers.

And thats basically the end of that. Thanks for sitting through! :P
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

Post by Ferguson »

Wooo! So freaking fantastic!
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Thanks!! I totally forgot two instances too. Here's one, lil has the other:

This is a bit before the end of the fic:

<Angel> Angel closed the door to the room, at loose ends now that Scott had gone to poke around for any clues. She knew she should be out looking too, but the idea that Lizzie was just gone was paralyzing her. Picking up her phone, she pulled up TJ’s number and hit send.

<Talia> TJ stretched, reaching over to her bedside table to snatch up her cell phone. She closed the lid on her laptop as she opened it up. "Hey Angel, what's up?!"

<Angel> "Hey, Teej," Angel said, not bothering to sound cheery. "How’re you doin’"

<Talia> "I'm...ok," she started. "What's going on there?? You left me those comments about crazyness and all!"

<Angel> Angel took a deep breath to stop herself from crying. "It’s Liz…she’s gone."

<Talia> What?! "Lizzie's gone?! WHat happened?!" TJ shifted herself a bit, sitting up a bit more. "Where'd she go?!"

<Angel> "Allora, we don’t know what happened. O-or where she went. She’s just gone." Angel sniffed, wiping the tears that had started rolling down her cheeks. "Some of the others are gone too. Rahne, and Pete. And that horrible rat girl."

<Talia> She slumped back again. "Where the hell would they go?? "

<Talia> She felt a bit...mixed on hearing about Rahne being gone. Remy was probably upset, she thought a bit bitterly. Suddenly she felt a bit guilty...she didn't want anything to actually happen to her..

<Talia> Anything bad at least...well..TOO bad.

<Talia> "They're all gone? That makes no sense..and they didnt say anything?"

<Angel> "No, nothing…" Angel bit her lip, listening to TJ shuffle on the other end of the line. "But I don’t think they went on their own…"

<Talia> "Like...kidnapped? You think they were taken?!!" Her eyes widened. She'd really gotten out of there at a good time! "Who would take them?!"

<Angel> "Si… I think they were, but not like … you know, when I was…" She paused to collect herself again. "I don’t know who would have taken them, b-but it’s weird with all their MySpace pages down now too…"

<Talia> "Yeah...I saw that..I thought Liz was like.,.just redecorating or something..then Vic and Pete's went like that too.."

<Talia> She rubbed her face a bit. "How does stuff like this like...happen?? What are you guys gonna do? Or...is anything happening??"

<Angel> Her mouth opened and closed at that. Vic? Hmmm, his page was down too. "I-I didn’t think about Vic’s page… but you’re right."

<Angel> "I don’t know." Angel kept talking, mostly thinking about Vic now. "Um, Dr. McCoy came to find Rem when he escaped from the medlab earlier and said the teachers know and they’s gonna have a meeting or something tomorrow."

<Talia> "Why was Remy in the medlab?" she asked before pausing and cursing herself for asking.

<Angel> "Wha-?" Oh. Angel cursed herself and chewed her lip.
"Ah, well… he said he was with Rahne, out in the woods, and then he fell down and when he woke up he had a cracked head and Rahne was gone."

<Angel> "He wasn't makin much sense..."

<Talia> TJ paused, biting her lip. Was he still doing the drugs?? And...out in the woods..with Rahne...GAH she had to STOP THINKING ABOUT THIS.

<Talia> Looking down though...fuck. It was impossible.

<Talia> "Is...he ok now? When are the teachers meeting? To get Lizzie and them back?"

<Angel> "Si... I think he's gonna be okay." Okay, time to stop talking about Remy. Stupido!

<Angel> "They’re meeting sometime – tomorrow I think he said. McCoy wouldn’t tell us nothin.’ Said somethin about premature stuff." Angel teared up again. "I don’t know… I just want Liz back!"

<Talia> "Yeah....I was just talking to her like..two days ago! On Myspace.." she felt herself tear a bit. What if something awful had happened to her friends? And here she was...all the way on the other side of the country and couldnt do anything about it...

<Angel> Angel sniffed, trying to stop herself from completely breaking down. "I just saw her yesterday! She was happy, a-and with Warren, and now..."

<Angel> "Why does this shit just keep happenin,' Teej? What'd we ever do to deserve it? This is supposed to be a happy time. Scott and me was gonna go see the baby."

<Talia> "It'll get better, Angel...it totally will..."

<Talia> "We don't even know why they're gone..maybe it's nothing, right?? We don't know.." she wasn't sure she was convincing herself..but she felt guilty enough she couldnt actually do anything for anyone.

<Talia> She bit her lip, taking the opportunity to shift the subject a bit. She was worried for her friends, but talking about it was getting them nowhere.

<Talia> "How is Scoitt and all that?"

<Angel> "He's still happy," she said, smiling a little. "He said nobody better ever get within a state of Anna or he'll personally blow them away."

<Angel> "He's cute when he's protective like that. Of course, who ain't protective of a little baby, si?"

<Talia> She smiled a bit. "Yeah...thats way cute. Scott I can see as like....the fatherly type. Did you see pictures yet?/ I totally wanna see when you do!!"

<Talia> "And...tell him like..I didn't mean to ask so many questions and all on his myspace...I was just curious!"

<Angel> "They're sending pictures later today," she said, brightening. "I'll send em to you as soon as I get them."

<Angel> She laughed. "Nah, I think he just got squeamish cause it was girly stuff, which is pretty funny since he wants to be a doctor, si? Just not an ob/gyn, yo!"

<Talia> "Heh, yeah," she said, playing with her shirt a bit. "But...Megan IS ok, right?? Like...he said she wanted a natural birth and all but she couldnt take it and needed the epid-thing.."

<Angel> "She’s fine – well, I think. As fine as you can be after ya shove a basketball out your ass, si?" She giggled. "Scott said she was cussin’ in Irish and Chris didn’t understand it. I just told him to watch out for when it’s Italian and I’ll use the words he don’t know yet."

<Talia> Talia's eyes widened. A basketball out of your ass? "Jesus christ.." she muttered, feeling her heart beat a tad faster.

<Talia> "It....uhh...it must have hurt alot...." she stammered. Fuck. It hurts. It hurts alot. "She...uh..fuck." Talia felt that familiar feeling and cursed at her bladder. "Can you hold on one minute, Angel? I have to pee bad..."

<Angel> "Allora, it can't feel good," she snickered. But TJ wasn't laughing. "I'm just bein' silly, yo. It can't have been that bad... or if it is that's what the drugs are for."

<Angel> "Oookay, si, I can hold on..." She frowned. "Are you okay?"

<Talia> Talia put the phone down heading to the bathroom to take carer of her "business".

<Talia> She returned a few minutes later, picking the phone back up. "Thanks..."

<Talia> "Yeah...drugs...but thats if your in a hospital and everything..."

<Talia> OK she needed to back up. She was getting way too loose lipped at the moment. "Anyway..."

<Angel> "Well who wouldn't be in a hospital," she said, puzzled. "Unless you have a kid in a cab or somethin like in the movies."

<Talia> "Uhh.." she paused. "Some people do it at home..." Mom said people did it all the time!

<Talia> "Uh...anyway...send me pictures of the baby! And uhh....just..." she shifted again, wincing a bit in pain. "Yeah.."

<Angel> Angel wrinkled her nose. “Maybe like, Amish people do it at home, I guess. I sure wouldn’t want to.”

<Angel> “I want my ass drugged to the sky, yo!” She faltered, realizing TJ wasn’t laughing. “Um, si, I’ll send you those, hey, you sure you’re okay?”

<TaliaJ>: "I'm fine!" TJ said a bit insistently, then backed off, taking a pause. "People do it at home all the time anyhow...and they're totally safe."

<TaliaJ_> Fuck, she could feel tears pricking in her eyes a bit. The whole thought of...this lately had been freaking her out. It was just getting closer and closer and she knew more and more that she was just NOT going to be able to do it.

<TaliaJ_> "It's TOTALLY safe to do it that way....even if there's not the drugs or anything...but...did you hear it's not? Like...do you know people who did it and weren't..ok?"

<Angel> “Okay, okay, you’re fine. Sorry,” Angel frowned. What was TJ’s deal? “I don't know nothing about home births, really I mean, I sure wouldn't do it."

<Angel> "Why the sudden interest in funky birth methods, anyways?"

<TaliaJ_> TJs lip quivered a bit, biting it to hold in her tears. DON'T BE STUPID.

<TaliaJ_> DON'T cry.

<TaliaJ_> "I....just..." she stammered. How the hell was she going to explain this? "I was...wondering.."

<Angel> "Oh my God, Teej, are you crying?? I was just messin' around!" Angel stopped talking as a thought occurred to her. No. No way. No fucking way! But it would explain why she'd left.

<Angel> Lizzie's voice drifted through her mind. We're all family. Didn'tmatter if TJ was in Arizona, she was her friend, and she was hurting. Lizzie would want them to all stick together.

<Angel> "Please, Tee, tell me what's wrong?"

<TaliaJ_> She was about to say nothing, but when she opened her mouth all she did was cry. She took a few seconds to let it out and compose herself before continuing. "I'm so scared.."

<Angel> "Scared? What's so scary?" How the hell did she just come out and ask something like that? And she might be way wrong too...

<TaliaJ_> Talia took a deep breath, calming herself doen further. Here she was getting her friend all worried over her...that wasn't fair. She sighed. "Angel...if I tell you...can you promise and swear to not tell ANYONE ever?!"

<Angel> "I swear, Teej, si, of course... just, tell me what's wrong... maybe I can do something?"

<TaliaJ_> "I.." she statred. "Um..well..I'm freaking out. All this talk and with Scott's sister in law and niece and all...I;m freaking because...I'm just scared shitless because I KNOW I can't do it...."

<TaliaJ_> She began to cry again. "I..can't change anything and I don't want to but I'm SO fucking scared because I'm not that kind of person! I'm not that strong..and.." she stopped, taking a shudering breath, realising she was rambling.

<Angel> Angel sat down on the bed with a thump, stunned. "Oh, dio, you're pregnant," she said, stupidly. Now that her suspicions were confirmed she realized she really hadn't thought that was the problem.

<TaliaJ_> She nodded. "Yeah....seven months..."

<TaliaJ_> "I...in two months I'm going to have a baby....what the hell am I going to do?! How am I going to do this?!"

<Angel> "Seven months?" Angel did some mental math. "Dio! Does Remy know?" She mentally kicked herself. Some help she was.

<Angel>"Y-you'll be okay, Teej! All that stuff I was sayin', I was just playin' around. You got your mom there, and she'll be able to help, and women have babies every day!"

<Angel>"I can come out, too, I mean, when it's time, if ya need a friend."

<TaliaJ_> "Thanks...." she told Angel, frowning a bit. "You can't tell Remy...please dont..."

<TaliaJ> "I haven't...he doesn't know yet...please don't say anything!"

<Angel> "N-no, I swear, I won't tell him...it's not my place, si? But when will you tell him?"

<TaliaJ_> "Uhh......i dunno...."

<TaliaJ_> "Remy doesn't like babies..and he doesn't want them...I just....I know that he'll be mad..."

<Angel> Angel remembered the night on the sofa, just last month. TJ was right; Remy had been pretty anti-baby. She sighed. "Allora, it's your decision, but I think I'd tell him. He's...better now. Just think about it, anyway?"

<TaliaJ_> "He's better?" she slumped down a bit into her bed, closing her eyes. She couldn't have a single day where she didn;t think about him, or wonder about him...or even...wish it had all gone down differently. "Is he happy?"

<TaliaJ_> She was almost afraid to hear the answer, as she wasn't sure what she even wanted it to be...of course she wanted him to be happy...but still...she wanted...more..

<Angel> "Si, he’s better. Happy?" She thought about that. "He’s more himself now – more together. He was…bad for a while last fall." Angel shifted on the bed, not sure how much to tell her about Remy’s business. It wasn’t her place.

<TaliaJ_> "Thats good..." she looked down, absently running a hand over her stomach. "I want him to be happy..."

<TaliaJ_> "I feel so...bad for what I did.." she told Angel, letting out a little sigh. "It wasn't right.."

<Angel> Angel pulled Scott’s pillow to her chest, wanting to hug something. "I, uh, won’t say I ever really understood what happened, but I know you did what you thought was best…that’s all any of us can ever do."

<Angel> Hey. Wait. "Did you know you were pregnant then?"

<TaliaJ_> "No...I only found out when I got home," she scoffed a bit. "How stupid, right? I was like...three months by then. More than that!"

<TaliaJ_> "it's just.." she played with her shirt hem again, flipping it around, her large stomach periodically being exposed. "It wasn't right..I mean..I don't know if what I did really was the right thing..."

<Angel> Angel couldn’t imagine being three months pregnant and NOT knowing, but she just nodded to the phone.

<Angel> "I don’t know, Teej… I wasn’t there in your relationship." She’d been pretty pissed and confused though. It was so obvious Remy was head-over-heels in love with TJ. But… sometimes love was weird.

<TaliaJ_> "Yeah..I know..." she sighed. "I just...think about him alot...and wonder about him..."

<Angel> "Well, si… you’re gonna be reminded of him every day – you have his baby." She sighed. "Sguardo, if I were you? I’d tell him. It IS his baby too… do you want the baby – do you know yet if it’s a boy or girl? – to never know who his biological papa is and then, like…run into him someday like you did with Father Kurt?"

<Angel> Angel bit her tongue on the sudden realization that Wagner was going to be a grandpa….to Remy’s baby. Merda!

<TaliaJ_> She paused a bit at Wagner's mention, but decided to skirt that with some wide berth. "I don't know what it is yet..."

<TaliaJ_> "Angel...he'll hate me...I know it! How many times does he have to say he hates babies?? And what happens? I go and get fucking pregnant..."

<Angel> Angel shrugged a little. There wasn’t much else she could say. "I don’t know, Teej…but I’d think about it at least."

<TaliaJ_> "I will....I mean...I do want to tell him...like, I don't want him not to know he has a...son or daughter, you know?"

<TaliaJ_> "I'm just worried...I don't want him to be mad is all..." she sighed sadly. "I never meant for any of this to happen...none of it..."

<Angel> "Teej, it’s Remy… I think he’d understand." She imagined he’d be more mad if she didn’t tell him…or put it off until the kid was two. "I think I’d start working now to maybe make things better… you’ll never know how he’d react if ya don’t try. Um, if he’s a jerk, you just never talk to him again, si?"

<TaliaJ_> "Yeah..I just don't know if I could take that.." she couldnt bear the thought of Remy hating her. She'd gone and...well...fucked it all up but...in the back of her mind there was maybe a little bit of hope? Though she knew fully that it was impossible. He'd moved on.

<TaliaJ_> "I'll tell him...I just gotte get the courage.."

<Angel> "Yeah...." Dio, what a shitty situation. "I understand...courage is hard to work up."

<TaliaJ_> "It really is...." she rubbed her belly again. "Maybe this little one will help...I dunno.."

<TaliaJ_> "I'm excited for it...but really really scared.."

<Angel> "Si, that is exciting -- and I hear mamas have the best courage in the world, yo!" She clenched her fist in the blanket, hoping to pep TJ up at least a little.

<TaliaJ_> She smiled a bit. "That sounds soooo weird though...thinking I'll be someones Mom.."

<TaliaJ_> "It's gonna be nuts...I just...really really hope I can do it.."

<Angel> "Mama Teej - I dunno, I think it's got a ring to it. I already know I like Auntie Angel," she laughed. "Of course you can do it. I have faith."

<TaliaJ_> "At least one of us does.." she said lowly, and then smiled. "Auntie Angel..I REALLY like that!"

<TaliaJ_> "Maybe you can come visit after it's born? And even bring Scott....it'd be nice to see you guys.."

<Angel> "Si! Absolutely -- this summer! Oh! I can bring Italian baby things! Si! We'll get the little babe all blinged out." She giggled.

<TaliaJ_> TJ laughed out loud. "You want to bling out my baby?? Do they make baby sized grills you think??"

<Angel> "I'm sure they do - gum grills!"

<TaliaJ_> She laughed again. "Honestly..I don't know how I feel about my baby being blinged out....but he's rolling around so he may be into it.."

<Angel> "Good taste knows no age, yo," she snickered. "Aww, so he moves around and all that? That's so cool. It really is a miracle, si?"

<TaliaJ_> "It'd be more of a miracle if he stopped moving around for even a minute..." she rubbed her bely again. "But...it is kinda nice...sometimes."

<TaliaJ_> She winced as he settled on that favorite spot of his. God dammit! "Angel...I gotta go..but..thanks so much for calling and talking!"

<TaliaJ_> "I really do miss you guys and...it's really really cool to hear from you and everything.."

<Angel> "Awww, si, it's wonderful to talk to you, and I do miss you too! I'll give you another call soon, when we get some news about Lizzie..."

<Angel> "Take care, Teej."

<TaliaJ_> "Yeah..totally let me know whats going on with Liz and all that..." she told Angel, wincing again. DAMN this kid! "Talk to you soon!!!" She flipped her phone closed and waddled her way into the bathroom.
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator
Title: Sometimes the bark isn\'t worse than the bite

Post by littlebamf »

Talia grimaced as she turned in bed again, putting her hand over her stomach. She knew it wasn't labour, and her mother'd told her that it was common to have small pains in the weeks preceeding labour. But...she was freaking out.

This was so fucking scary! What if her mom was wrong? What if something bad was happening? What if...she took a deep breath, trying to keep her tears in. She glanced at the clock. It was late..everyone was asleep...

She took another breath. It was nothing..she was ok...it was just ONE little pain...if it was labour, she'd feel another..

Feeling a tear slip, she grabbed at her cell phone. She had to talk to someone.

Lizzie jumped as her phone vibrated loudly on the nightstand. She grabbed for it quickly, holding it in her hand to try and muffle it and slipped out of bed, careful not to wake Warren up. He looked so peaceful in sleep. And hot.

Clearing her throat, she made her way into the hallway before answering it, still blinking sleep out of her eyes. "Hello..."

"Lizzie?" TJ asked, sniffling a bit. "Did I wake you up??" Stupid question.

"Yeah - well, not really. I'd just got to sleep," she sighed, rubbing her eyes, then realised that TJ sounded upset. "Tee...are you okay? What's happened?"

She wiped her tears away. "No...I'm so scared..."

"I've been having these like..painy things..and I'm really fucking scared...but the baby's not even due for almost a month even..like..more than three weeks! I don't know what to do..." her lip trembled as tears fell.

"Oh - have, is your mum there? She's a nurse isn't she?" she bit her lip and flicked her hair behind her ear, clueless as to what to say...

"Yeah...she's here..she said it was normal..." Talia took a deep breath. The pain had gone away. "It's not labour...it's like..it happens before...."

"I'm just really really scared....what if it happens early and the baby's premature?! Can we even take it to a hospital?!"

"Well...Where were you born?" Lizzie crinkled her nose in confusion. "A baby's a baby, Tee..."

"I'm sure it'll be okay. I was an early baby."

"I was born at the doctors house...." she wiped her nose.

"Yeah?? I dunno...." she rubbed her stomach gently, her child moving slowly. "I'm just so worried..."

"And..." TJ sighed. "I haven't even gotten to talk to Remy yet.."

"You need to really talk to him..." she sighed and sat dow on the floor, playing with the hem of Warren's shirt.

"It's natural to be worried, Tee. But don't let it take over you."

"Yeah...I was supposed to be born in August - but twins are often early. I only weighed a little under five pounds."

"5 pounds?! That's so tiny!!! But...you were in a hospital...."

She paused a moment. "I....I tried to talk to Remy...I did...he just...said he was busy.."

"I don't even think he wants to talk..."

"It is pretty busy at the school right now...Well, it was when I got back. To be honest I didn't see many people before I left again."

"And...you never know if you call him."

Talia stopped. Call him?? "I...I don't know if I can..."

That'd mean...hearing his voice....she closed her eyes. "I've messaged him...and he says he doesnt wanna talk now....and...maybe its for the best.."

Holding her breath, she rubbed her knee a little. She really didn't know what to say.

"You will have to tell him."

"I know..but..what if he hates me?? What if he's all mad at me and doesnt even care?? What if he won't talk to me??"

"I...I don't think he'll hate you," she mused. "But - he has an obligation, y'know? And a right..."

"But I don't want it to be that way...I don't want the baby to be an obligation...that's so awful.."

She rubbed her tummy again. "The baby deserves....well...it deserves more than someone who is just...obligated....it needs someone to love it.."

Talia rubbed her face. "It's just so hard....I know he doesnt want it..."

Looking at the floor, she sighed. "Well. There's also child support...Even if he doesn't want the kid as you say, he still was responsible for making it so..."

"I know. But...Lizzie...Remy can't hate me...I don't know how I could take that..."

"I'm sure he won't...Look. Would you like me to talk to him?"

"NO!" Talia shook her head. "No....I have to tell him...I know I do..."

"Im just...really scared.."

"Well...Of course you're scared...But Tee, I don't know what to say to make it better...."

"It's not easy..." she sighed heavily and closed her eyes. She had no idea what to say to her...

Talia took a deep breath, the child inside her calming finally. Maybe he was sleeping? Hopefully he'd stay that way! She closed her eyes.."It's ok.."

"I know, you know...like..I know I have to tell him.." she paused, biting her lip. "And I will..." eventually. "I'm sorry I called and waked you and all like this.."

"Hey, it's okay," she soothed. "You needed to talk to someone - it's just I have no experience in this stuff at all. Well. Apart from having to go to the clinic with Abigail because she needed the morning after."

"I just want to sy the right thing to help you, but I don't knwo what that is.!

She looked down. "You don't have to say anything...like..its just nice to even talk..."

Talia rolled a bit to her side. "You took your friend to like....an abortion??"

"What? No! Well, is that what the morning after pill is? I thought it was like...Well, the condom'd split and she was really worried, so I went to the clinic with her because no one else would bunk off double history."

"She just didn't want to go there on her own."

She traced little circles on her stomach. "I almost did that..." she told her, unsure of why she would ever want to tell her.

"Took the morning after pill?"

"No.....got an abortion..." she felt her face flush a bit, completely ashamed by the admission. What if she had done it?? She could never live with herself.

"What - Tee, the morning after pill isn't an abortion, it just stops you getting pregnant in the first place! I've taken it!" she rubbed her eyes and got up, walking around a little. "Look, you didn't, okay? So it's alright. No need to dwell on it, eh?"

"I know....but what if I did do it?? What kind of person kills a baby!! MY baby! I can't even..." she stopped. "I hate that I even thought about it ever. What the hell is wrong with me??"

Stopping, she rested her forehead against the wall. "Tee...Stop. You didn't, so don't do this to yourself. And as for why people do it, well, there are lots of reasons. Medical reasons, psychological reasons, rape..."

"But I was gonna do it cause im too selfish and scared.." she sighed, feeling tears in her eyes. "I didn;t...and I'm way glad I didnt....I can't wait to have the baby."

"Yeah...I bet it'll be a huge releif to finally see him..."

Talia smiled. "It way will. I can't wait to see what he looks like, and hold him for the first time and all that...." she twirled a bit of hair in her fingers. "I keep...well...wondering if it'll be blue..."

"Well - depends on which gene's he got, I suppose. Y'know, the brown eye gene is stronger than the blue eyed gene and all that."

"Bet he'll be gorgeous, no matter what."

"I doubt this kid'll have brown or blue eyes.." she said with a smirk.

Lizzie's next statement made her smile wide. "You think?? I hope...well, it doesn't really matter...I love him more than anything already.."

"Oh I know, I was just giing an example!" she said, then smiled faintly at how pleased TJ sounded. "I'm sure he will be."

Talia giggled. "God...can you even imagine it Lizzie?? I'm gonna be someones Mom in like....weeks!"

Smiling, she sat back on the floor. "It's pretty crazy, eh?"

"It's like....you don't even know.." she told her, grimacing a bit as her unborn apparently woke up and decided to pummel her insides in a burst of action. She sighed. "You have no idea how much I can't wait to have this kid out of me.."

"How's Warren anyway?" she asked, shifting herself in the other direction, hoping to shift the kid's aim.

"Fast asleep and probably taking up the whole bed," she smirked. "He's okay. Worried himself almost to death when I was gone...I don't think we let go of each other for at least five hours after he got me back."

"awww!! That's so sweet!! It's nice to have someone like that.." she sighed a bit wistfully.

"Mmm," Lizzie nodded, sending a scatter of butterfly-like kisses to Warren's sleeping mind. "I couldn't live without him."

"Yeah...." she trailed off for a second, a bit lost in her own thoughts. Shaking herself out of it, she continued. "You guys were cool as friends...I never saw you together...but...i bet its way cute!"

"Thank you," she grinned. "Oh, cute - you should see him when he's cooking me dinner, and wathing Disney films with me."

"To be honest I'm getting tired of Disney now, but it was just something....nice to distract myself with."

"Ooo I love disney! Well....not all...but Finding Nemo is awesome!!" she laughed. "I've been watching like..wayyyy too many movies lately."

"I cannot in like.a million years see Warren watching disney though...that would be funny.."

"Oh, yeah. We watched Beauty and the Beast, Robin Hood, Aladdin..." she giggled. "And Pirates of the Carribean, of course, but that's not Disney in the true sense."

"And honestly, I think Warren watches..me more than the film. I think he's scared I'm going to be taken away again. Think that's why we've come away right now."

"God..that is so scary...I can't believe they just...took you," she rubbed a protective hand over her stomach. "It's so so scary to think that there are people who can just..take us, and no one would even do anything about it.."

"It's pretty hard to go against the Government. We're trying though, so we can get back Pete and Rahne."

"Yeah...how'd they get left?/ Why? I don't even know about everything that happened.."

"I hate being so far and everything...I hate not still being able to be a part of everything!"

"Pete...wasn't there that day. We just had to go. And Rahne...well, everyone but Pete thought I was a traitor and that I'd sold them out, because my father is one of the commanding officers there...They all three fell behind. Rahne got trapped behind a security door."

Security door?? It sounded like a movie.. "Well...at least you can try to get them out and all...I wish I could do something.."

"I can't do anything, not right now. Xavier and Rankin are keeping me and the others who were captured off the teams until we recover..."

"Yeah?? Well..you have to get better, right?"

"Yeah..." she sent another gentle psychic kiss to Warren. "We'll get there, in the end."

She yawned, shifting down on the bed, getting as comfortable as was possible for her right now. "I hope so. It'd be nice if everything could be normal for a little while."

"Oh, definitely. How are you feeling now?"

"A little better...tired..." she told her. "Well, I am tired. The baby is having a field day."

"Aww. Do you think you can sleep better now?"

"Maybe....lets see if he lets me," she told Liz.

"Okay. Remember I'm here if you ever need me, okay?"

"I know...thanks so much Lizzie.."

"No need to thank me, you're my friend. Sleep well, Tee and see you soon, okay?"

"Ok..yeah...almost May!!!"

"See you soon!"

"Bye!" she hung up her cell and reached to drop it on her night stand. "You think you can let Mommy sleep tonight, baby?" she asked her child, sighing as he kicked hard in response. Probably not.

Lizzie yawned and flipped her mobile phone closed and picked herself up, walking back through to the bedroom. Dumping the phone on the nightstand she wriggled back under the blankets, snuggling up close to Warren.

Almost May...Almost summer. Summer would be better

[Edited on 1-6-07 by littlebamf]
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

And that^^^ one is about a week before she calls remy. Now we're really done :)
puppygirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by puppygirl »

Wow ... that took me about an hour to read al the way through.

That's so awesome how you showed TJ matureing and getting all mommy-ish, and really, really cute.

... Though I can't help but feel a little sorry for Alan :P