Christmas 2008: Lizzie and Warren.

Check out what goes on between semesters here!
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator
Title: Sometimes the bark isn\'t worse than the bite

Post by littlebamf »

Lizzie dropped the basket of laundry on top of the machine and peered at it. She was still awful at this kind of thing.

Inspecting the label of a cami she bit her lip. Okay, she couldn't even put that in the machine. Wrong colour too...Was it? Grey couldn't go in with brights? Or could it?

Oh whatever. She moved the handwash items to one side and rammed everything in the machine and crossed her fingers...

Rogue looked up from folding her clothes at the small table and watched Lizzie for a moment, curious about what she was doing, "Lizzie...Sugah, Ah'm sorry ta interrupt ya, but.. um.. ya just put a lot of dark stuff with a lot of white stuff. That could turn out extremely bad."

"Oh...Shit?" her fingers jumped off the dial and she yanked the door open. "I'm still pitiful at this sort of thing...Just...never had to do it much and I haven't learnt fast."

Looking at Rogue, she shifted a bit as she sorted the clothes. "Sooo, how are you?" Lizzie asked, wondering how to get the topic on to guys.

Rogue laughed some, "You'll get it eventually. An' it's like ridin' a horse. Once ya learn, ya don't f'get." She gave her a reassuring smile, "Ah'm doin' great. How was ya trip? Ah haven't seen ya 'round much."

"Oh I know how to ride a horse, take tea, wear pretty dresses and greet diginitaries. Can't do laundry or cook or most things useful!" she repsonded ruefully and took a perch on her now correct and ordered machine

"It was fine, thank you. I've just been catching up on things here with the Sarge and that. Only seen a few people. And one or two I could live without..."

A frown crossed Rogue's face, "Oh yeah? Ya ok?"

"Oh yes, fine, just wish males could be a bit brighter." Oh she was one step away from being a stirring bitch. Anton would be proud!

She let out a short laugh, "Oh boy, tell me about it." She rolled her eyes at her thoughts of some males she knew. She leaned over her laundry with a grin, "Now ya know ya gotta tell me what's goin' on in Lizzie-land, sugah."

"Oh. Sean. Trying it on. Then he had the audacity to say that he was sweet on you," she crossed her legs at the kneeand wondered if she could have put that better...

Rogue's eyebrows shot up, "He hit on you? An' he told ya that he likes me? Ah mean, Ah knew that part, but that just doesn't make sense." She frowned, "Ya told him 'bout Warren, didn't ya?"

"Didn't realise I had a big sign up above my head saying 'come claim me' so I didn't feel the need to at first. Though I soon pointed out I was unavailable. And didn't tell Warren. Flambed Irishman is not a great menu special..."

"So...You sweet on him? Kind of bad for you, if he's one of those sorts...Sorry."

"Did he take tha hint after ya told him ya were taken?" She raised an eyebrow, "What ya got ta be sorry f', sugah? Ah have no idea how Ah feel 'bout him as of right now. To me, he's just a friend... Ah think he's thinkin' Ah'm otherwise ta him though..."

"He got incredibly bored all of a sudden," she smirked. "I just feel sorry that...I suppose, that, well, if you don't know how you feel then him being friendly with everything with a C cup is not going to help."

"Not that I'm anywhere near a C cup," she added randomly and shrugged.

Rogue chuckled at Lizzie's comment, then sobered some and looked her in the eyes, "So ya think he's bad news, then? Did he think anything a lil...how should Ah put this...too loudly?"

"Maybe bad news is harsh, just...Easily distracted. Everyone thinks a little too loudly. So I sheild it up a bit higher. He saw me, was thinking along the lines of 'stunning creature' thanks for thinking of me as an animal...But after that I wasn't interested so blocked him out."

"So then that's one more strike against him...." She said softly as she picked up a sweater and started to fold it. She grinned a bit at her last comment, "That borin' huh?"

"After a few weeks, poking around in thoughts got dull. Especially when I got into my maths teachers head."

"So...You just get used to telepathic buzz, but sometimes it's just hard to miss."

Rogue laughed some more, "Ah don't think Ah wanna know what goes on in a math teacher's head. Too many numbers f' mah likin'." She put down the sweater on her stack and looked up at Lizzie, "Ya know...Ah'm not sure Ah trust Sean."

"Not a bad thing anyway, even if he doesn't like to look at other merchendise...You just have to go with what feels right. I'm just lucky. I've always trusted Warren. He's always been around for me, ever since we met. But not everyone is that lucky."

"You just have to do what's right for you. You're probably safest to have a fling with Sean, no attachments - but, if you're not looking for that..."

She scoffed some, "Sugah, if Ah could have a fling, Ah would have done that a while back." She grinned, "Ah've always trusted Remy, but we're not real serious."

She frowned as she thought over what she said, "Ok, so maybe Ah wouldn't have done that a while back, but ya know what Ah mean."

"Yes, and Remy is not the conversation topic," Lizzie replied with a wink. "But fair enough."

Rogue laughed again, "Maybe he should be?" She grinned at Lizzie then went back to her laundry, "Ah dunno. Honestly, somethin' 'bout Sean seems a lil off with me. Almost like he tries too hard. Ya know he wrote a song f' me? An' sang it ta me live...at a concert..."

"Oh yeah. That's trying too hard. Maybe he has something to compensate for?"

Shaking her head, she swung her legs behind her and lay on her front on top of the machine to watch the washing spin. "But seriously, that does sound a little odd. Maybe he's more than a little into you and just doesn't know what to do? Little boy trying to be big man, you know?"

Rogue contemplated that for a moment, "How could he? Ah mean, Ah barely know tha guy? An' ya'd think if he were that inta me, he'd stop hittin' on all mah friends. Doesn't he know we talk ta each other?"

"I don't know. He didn't know who I was so I couldn't say. But logic dictates that we would come across each other at some point..."

"Well, ya not tha first he's hit on either... Cess an' Rae too. An' Lorna an' Tessa... Ah think he's a bit afraid of Tessa now though. As he should be after what happened with Cess."

"Oh. Well. If he goes near me again he'll know the true meaning of fear. And that's before he gets to know the meaning of fear formerlly and currently known as Warren Worthington the third."

Rogue grinned, "Now if that happens, let me know. Ah'd sell tickets."

"Oh it'd certainly be an event worthwhile!"

Checking her watch she tutted. "So much to do so little time..."

"Oh yeah? Got other stuff ta do? Ah'm gonna be here f' a bit if ya want me ta watch ya laundry. Ah can move it over, then give ya a call when it's done if ya want."

"Would you?" Lizzie flipped herself up from the machine. "That would be brilliant. I do hope things work out and get less...Odd? Is that the right word?"

"Not a problem, sugah." She smiled, "Thanks. Ah think that's tha perfect word."

[Edited on 15-11-07 by littlebamf]
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

"After a few weeks, poking around in thoughts got dull. Especially when I got into my maths teachers head."
I'm terribly sorry, but for a fleeting moment, I read that as "Especially when I gave my maths teacher head."

I wanna know more about Lizzie's winter break, she's been lacking too much from my life.

[Edited on 30/10/2007 by steyn]
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

Yeah, I want moar Lizzie, too!
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator

Post by littlebamf »

Christmas Day had come and gone with that strange blur that no longer being a child seemed to bring. Presents (and persons) unwrapped, turkey binned as no one could stand any more and crackers dismantled and it was gone. London heaved with people returning fondue sets, ill fitting gloves, broken toys and those stalking the sales, armed with handbags that were trying to be Prada.

Lizzie gave a yawn as she tilted slightly to the side, wriggling a little as she waited for Anton. As per usual he was a mite bit fashionably late, but any moment -

“Belle!” a hyper camp voice squealed and Anton wooshed in through the door with a gust of Diesel Fuel for Life. He did a little bounce, ruffled her hair and took off his long jacket with a flourish.

She sighed faintly and gave him a dazzling smile all the same. Lizzie did now regret answering his ’Sooo what’s your favvy ever Disney film?’ question that he had pounced on her the first day they had met, over nibbles and cold non alcoholic beverages.

Though, at least there was a b and an l in Belle and wait, yes, count them one two two one one two e’s in her name! Just thank fuck her favourite film hadn’t been Robin Hood or Jungle Book. A model nicknamed Bagheera, while amusing would not have held the same appeal. Though it did tend to be turned into Tinkerbelle, which was worse.

But…People at the agency seemed to like Lizzie ‘Belle’ Braddock and James found it incredibly amusing and an excuse to call her Lizzabell again. Not that he had ever needed an excuse before, but an excuse made it far more convenient.

“And how are we my darling? Eating enough? Hydrated? Getting enough sex?” Anton gave her a brush of a kiss to her cheek as he floated past to his own seat. “You do look glowing I must say!”

Oh. She was always unsure how to answer all those…He seemed to be able to guess by looking at her anyway. Quite unsettling sometimes…Though she did tend to get her own back with a little help from her gift.

“I’m fine,” she grinned as she ran a hand through her hair, pushing it back into place as it was still slightly mussed up. “Would be nice to stay in the same place for more than three days. It feels like there’s always another place I’ve got to go to five minutes ago.”

“Aww, Belle! That is simply not allowed! Holiday young lady! Until you have to go to Germany you are doing nothing! Well, apart from shop, hang out, shop, have sex and eat lots of chocolate!” Anton gushed, a wicked grin on his face. Rolling her eyes, she returned the smile. He was far too interested in her personal habits, really. Especially the sex side.

“I think I can just about manage that…” she nodded. “So what after Germany? Anything?”

“Not at the moment my peach,” he inspected a note. “Time for you to get ready for lessons! No dragging you away this semester, even if you think you can do it, your education is far too important! And it’s hardly as if you’re going to become fat, spotty and mousy haired in that space of time!”

“I suppose not…” she mused, leaning back with another tiny yawn.

“Tea?” Anton looked up and gave her a smile as if he had just offered her cocaine.

“You need to ask?” Lizzie snickered and brought her legs up under her, propping her cheek on her hand. Anton gave her another wide smile, showing off very white teeth that stood out brilliantly against his coffee coloured skin and bounced up for the phone. “Ooooh Maria! Darling! Two cups of tea, skimmed milk, nothing that looks like sugar at all please, my darling!”

Draping himself down in his seat once more he sighed. “Oh this time of year! I simply can’t catch my breath and I daren’t go down Oxford Street! I’d me mugged by a middle aged Posh wannabe - did you see the pictures of her in heat? Awful skin! - who thinks I’m trying to get before her for the lines! Queuing so ended with the last Harry Potter!”

Lizzie smiled and nodded. She was already tired. Sleep would be quite nice but she doubted she’d get away with it any more than she would in Rankin’s classes. “Why don’t you take a holiday? If I deserve one, then I’m sure you do too…”

Anton straightened up a little and seemed to ponder this. “Well. I suppose I could see if Martin would like a little winter sunshine. I’m sure he would! Any excuse to pull on the speedos!”

Maria breezed in with the tea and set it down before sashaying back out. Anton pounced on his tea, ignoring the catwalk attempt before him. “So where do you think? Fiji? Or maybe the Carribean? Oh I’ll drop in to a travel agents in a tick and pick up some brochures!”

Handing over a dainty cup of tea to Lizzie, he settled down again. “And maybe some for New York! I simply must visit at some point next year to see how you’re doing! I do adore America so! I’ll shop til I die then resurrect myself to go see a show! Broadway is fantastic!” Anton gave a rather dramatic gesture that made Lizzie wonder if she should introduce him to Howlett, then decided that would probably be a bad idea. The world would likely implode or something, or blue rabbits from the fifth dimension would end up hopping around the school, getting in the toilets and freezer.

Her phone suddenly burst into life with a blast of Prodigy. Quickly pulling it out she inspected the screen and her excitement died a little as she saw it was Fran.

Fran-tastic. She knew what this would be about…
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Anton gave a rather dramatic gesture that made Lizzie wonder if she should introduce him to Howlett, then decided that would probably be a bad idea. The world would likely implode or something, or blue rabbits from the fifth dimension would end up hopping around the school, getting in the toilets and freezer.
:LMAO
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

Post by Starfish »

Heehee, I loved it. Anton is extremely amusing. :)
"The secondary penis slides into view. And they all lived happily ever after."
Kieron Gillen
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator

Post by littlebamf »

Oh she was in hell. Hell being cream and pink, drapey fitting satin. Inspecting herself in the wall of full length mirrors as Anita, Fran’s friend messed with her hair, Lizzie felt that she looked like a Barbie, what with the dress and all her blonde hair being pulled everywhere. She would have done a better job sticking a fork in a plug socket and holding on for dear static frizz.

Fran came in sipping a skinny latte that had been provided by an assistant and gave Lizzie a critical look, put her latte down and crossed her arms, looking harder. Titling her head to the side she took a step back and had another, hard look.

“Oh…”

Well, yes. Oh summed it up perfectly. As did sugar, spice and all blondes about to go insane and start trashing the room and run away. Oh was about as adequate and descriptive as the lyrics to Barbie Girl would be.

“Hmmm. Pink isn’t your best colour, is it Liz?” Fran sighed. “A shame, you would have matched the flowers…Maybe silver? I’ll go and see if they have an alternative…”

“Okay,” Lizzie growled, unzipping the dress on the spot and tugging it off as she disappeared into a booth as Fran and Anita wandered off. “Oh what a fucking pity. Now I won’t match the flowers. They’ll probably be blue next week anyway. Would have been nice to have been shown the designs!” she grumbled as she put the dress on the hanger, tugging her jumper dress and boots back on.

Stepping out of the booth, she hung the dress up on the side and looked at it. It wasn’t a bad dress, not really really, but it made her look incredibly thin and possibly underage. Not attractive. You needed curves for a dress like that…

Giving the area of the boutique a quick look, Lizzie stepped in front of the mirrors and gave her boobs a quick squish. And it really was a quickie as she didn’t have all that much to squish…It wasn’t even like she didn’t eat much. Warren, James, Kitty and everyone else, they all saw that she ate right. She was just a twig. Well a a twig with a good complexion at least.

“Lizzie! What about this?” Fran pretty much skipped back in, quite worrying really, and held up a rather nice dress with a flourish worthy of Anton. “Apparently it was made for someone but they didn’t want it! Can you believe it?”

Heading over, she took the dress from Fran and removed the cover to get a better look. It was rather nice…It felt really nice too…Lizzie ran her fingers down the dress and gave a dreamy smile. The cut would flatter her figure a lot better than the pink disaster did. The colour would suit her complexion as well…

Vanishing with a flurry of material into the booth, she was just about to pull it on when her phone went off, offensively loud, and as it had slid out of her bag, it was skimming across the tiled flooring by the power of vibration, demanding attention.

“Oh bollocks!” Lizzie snapped and dropped the dress on the little stool and grabbed her phone. Claudia, her friend from the agency. Now she wished she’d let it make it’s way out of the dressing room and see how far it would have gotten before someone stamped on it…

“Yeah, Claudes? Make it quick I’m semi naked with a few hundred pounds worth of wedding dress waiting for me. And a late lunch after!” Lizzie growled, trying to inject some friendliness. Claudia was fine in small doses, but she had a bad feeling about this.

“Oooh, what with the Godzsister? Come on Lizzie! Come to the post Crimbo gathering! Helena’s coming, and Ruby and Lolly and Richie and Simon and -” the girl chattered excitedly into the other end of the line, oozing enthusiasm.

Pinching the bridge of her nose, Lizzie gave a cross between a sigh and a shiver. Oh god. Oh god what could get her out of that…? “Well…I don’t know what to say…”

“We’re all getting together at Courtney’s place and having a catch up and nibbles and watching some DVDs! I’m calling Dirty Dancing but I think Ruby want’s to watch like, oh…Grease? Maybe?”

Oh shit no. Fuck all that for a lark. “Oh well I’d love to but I have to do some work for college…”

“But you don’t go back for yonks Lizzie! And we only get to see you in the hols!” Claudia actually verbally pouted into the phone. Lizzie grimaced.

“Well -” pausing for a moment, she decided to pull the dress on one handed, swapping the phone to her other hand and ear to pull her other arm through the sleeve. “I don’t know…I’m not really in the mood and I’m not a big fan of musical type films, you know?” she winced, hoping there would be no gush of indignant outrage.

“What would you want to watch then?” Claudia offered, indeed sounding a little put out.

“Oh anything with gore and blood and horror. Or anything by Tarantino or Tim Burton. Y’know…”

There was a puzzled intake of breath. “Ooh. Mmm. I’m not too sure everyone would be so keen on all that. I could ask -”

“Oh no. I wouldn’t want to put you out!” Lizzie skidded out of the booth backwards so Fran could fasten the dress up. “But I did say I’d go and eat with Fran and her friend…”

Truth be told she really didn’t feel like either. She just wanted to go home. Hide. Preferably under a wing…Mmm. With chocolate…

“Oh this dress is rather tight!” Lizzie suddenly gasped and waved at Fran to unfasten her, before she had properly been fastened.

Fran frowned as she undid her future sister in law. “But Liz, you’re barely there, it can’t be!”

“Well you must have done it up wrong!” Lizzie yelled, not even bothering to hold the phone away from her. Claudia was still there, her listening almost audible. “Are you alright Lizzie?”

“No, I have to go, I really do!” Lizzie gave a dramatic gasp and hung up, toppled headfirst back into the booth and pretended to faint as soon as she had her own clothes back on.

Score…

…Unless they took her to A&E.

Bollocks.
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

I <3 Lizzie. :D awesome job, lil!
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

Post by Starfish »

LOL, awesome. So funny. I second the Lizzie love. :bounce

[quote]“Yeah, Claudes? Make it quick I’m semi naked with a few hundred pounds worth of wedding dress waiting for me. And a late lunch after!” Lizzie growled, trying to inject some friendliness. Claudia was fine in small doses, but she had a bad feeling about this.[/quote]

Is this for a modelling job, or did we miss something important? :shifty
"The secondary penis slides into view. And they all lived happily ever after."
Kieron Gillen
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator

Post by littlebamf »

Nah. :P

It's for Fran and James wedding - she was trying to catch Claudia out, but she isn't that bright so can't be written as being caught out.
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator

Post by littlebamf »

Pretending to be faint sucked. It felt like pretending to have bad cramps to get out of swimming, then winding up in the sick room at school for the afternoon with the school nurse breathing down your neck.

Instead of a too white room smelling of antiseptic, grass and school dinners, she had been exiled to her bedroom, propped up on the bed, given tea, biscuits, a laptop and the promise that the wireless would be cut off after the average fifteen minutes it would take to check and reply to her emails, myspace and facebook and then rest. Even more unfairly, she was left with no particular tall, blond dashing winged gentleman to look after her.

She did deserve that, though and Warren did too (being deprived of looking after her that is) - the amused look he’d given her as he left their bedroom told her that he knew exactly what she’d done. Telepathic bonds seemed to work both ways…Dammit!

Logging on to her myspace, she clicked on the new comments box. It was from Angel…Shit, she really hoped things would just go back to at least something of what they used to be. Damn Scott. She wished she’d lopped some balls from that court…Nothing else it would have made her feel better and given Angel an ‘interesting’ ornament for her mantelpiece.

About to respond to her, the connection died. Oh so typical, she thought with a snarl and started to search for any other wireless signals in the area. It was fucking London! Someone close by had to have wireless!

Oh they did. And it was secure. Wankers! Irritated, Lizzie shut down her computer and dumped it (gently as it was quite new and shiny) on the ottoman at the foot of the bed and sat back, arms folded and pouting, pretending to herself that the pile of celeb and fashion magazines that Fran had left for her, wasn’t suddenly very appealing to her boredom.

There was a knock on the door. Oh god let it be something entertaining…

Bet it was a doctor. Or shrink. Maybe both. Oh well. Something to do. “Come in!” she called resignedly, sliding down so she was lying on her back, then rolled over on her side to get more comfortable.

“Afternoon petal,” James poked his rather dishevelled head around the door and scooted in to the room. “How are you feeling? Ready to go sign up for RADA?”

“Excuse me?” she narrowed her eyes, giving him one of her ‘looks’ that she had been perfecting since the age of eight.

“Your stunning performance. All the top drama places will now be waiting for your application! You fooled Fran. You fooled her friend and the assistants. Didn’t fool me or Warren you know,” he winked and sat down, grabbing a pillow and hit her gently with it on the shoulder.

She gave him a suspicious look, bringing her arm up to defend from another pillow bash. “Alright, fine. I faked it. Happy now I admitted it?”

James sighed and dropped the pillow, fidgeting a little. “But why? I thought you were happy about the wedding and everything?”

Sitting up, Lizzie wrapped her arms around his shoulders. “I am! I really am - It’s just I had Claudia on the phone who was trying to drag me to some Barbie meet and Fran wanting me to hang around with her and her friend and have lunch and the dress and oh! I’m sorry…I’m just not much of a socialite…”

“You were once…” he teased with a knowing look on his face. Of course he knew, he’d been partly if not mostly responsible for her acquiring a taste for parties.

“Yes, then I gave up drinking,” Lizzie gave him a rueful smile and tossed the pillow across the room to where he couldn’t get it then tried to smooth his hair down. “God you really need to get this cut!”

James leant back a little and put his hand up to stop her. “What’s wrong with it? And why don’t you complain about Warren’s hair?”

“Because - I’m not even going to -”

“Oh please don’t!” James pinched the bridge of his nose. “Look. You’re obviously not ill. Why don’t we go and have a walk in the park or a drive? Eh?”

Lizzie gave him a look, rolling her eyes at the attempt at puppy eyes. “I suppose I must. It is in a sister’s duty to watch over and keep her brother company in his later years…” she said innocently as she picked herself up off the bed and started to rummage for some boots.

“Old…Why you little monster!” James started to laugh and threw the other pillow from the bed at her. Lizzie ducked, then winced as it knocked over a vase. “Oops. Your fault!”

My fault? You ducked!” he protested and grabbed her handbag from the table by the door. “Now c’mon! I’ll sneak you out before il capitano figures out you’ve been whisked away!”

“Ill what?” she made a face as she grabbed a different handbag out of the wardrobe and transferred some of the contents into the bag and left the rest on the bed, checking her laptop was off, then grabbed the magazines to put in the recycling box before they left. “Now maybe you should let me drive!”

“Oh no no no! I don’t think so!”

“You know I’m a better driver!”

“Are not!”

“Are too!”

“Are not! Though what you will be is caught out unless you hush up!”

Stamping her foot, Lizzie ran a little way down the landing then spun on her heel, waved James car keys, that she had sneakily slipped from his jacket pocket and jangled them in the air.

“Who’s driving now, eh?”
“…If there’s one scratch on this -”

“Oh calm down James!” Lizzie hushed, hitting the steering wheel. He sat up in protest and almost grabbed it off her, only to be waved back. “If you want the car to be just as perfect as it was, then stop hovering over me! God you are more of a mother than our mother ever was!”

The mood between them shifted a little and they siblings lapsed into silence. Sad but in some aspects true…Reaching over, Lizzie flicked the radio on, just for something else to fill the car.

James wound down the passenger window and pulled out a cigarette. “You mind?” he asked. “A few years ago you’d have been cadging them off me, but I don’t think it suits so well with your style now, eh?”

“I didn’t realise you still smoked yourself. Feel free.” she shrugged a little, concentrating on the road ahead. They were just about out of London now, heading south. It was still not near dusk, but the sky was a dismal grey anyway. It reminded her of the day, almost seven years ago, when she had told James about her powers. Shrugging that rather dull and depressing thought off she started to flick between radio stations, searching for a good one.

“Y’know something?”

“What?” Liz sighed a tad; this was going to be something either deep and meaningful or odd and pointless. It just had that either way tone to it. Or he was going to tell her they were being followed by a police car and about to be pulled over.

James scratched his nose and took a long drag on the cigarette. “I fancy a pint.”

Odd and pointless all the way…
“Here you go,” James set down her lime cordial and a packet of ready salted crisps and pulled up a worn little stool to their corner table, of the quaint little pub they’d found.

He took a sip from his pint of beer and sighed contentedly. “You don’t mind too much?” James asked for the third time and gave her a careful look.

“Of course I don’t. Just as long as no one tries to pull me, makes me drink lager, pinches my arse, asks me to play pool -” she shot him a meaningful look. “Or worse, darts, or -”

“I get the point. Now drink your cordial,” he snickered and stole a crisp. She poked her tongue out at his thievery and reached in to her bag to check her phone. “Ah. We’ve been congratulated on our escape by the master himself,” Lizzie reported and quickly tapped a reply into her phone, slightly overdoing the ‘x’s at the bottom of the message.

On cue, James’s own phone went off in his jacket pocket. It actually sounded annoyed, inpatient and pre menstrual.

“I better take this outside,” James said glumly as he saw Fran’s name on the screen. “I’ll be two ticks.”

“And don’t even think about getting right in the car no matter what she says!” Lizzie called out and drank some more cordial. Bet he’d try to at one point…He’d be hard pushed; she still had the keys, Lizzie thought, snorting a little. To amuse herself, she glanced around the pub, allowing her mind to wander…

Everyone in there seemed happy and cheerful and having a good - uh oh. Coming across a…spike of anger across the other side of the room, in the louder section, she shifted uncomfortably. It was just a minor dispute about a trivia fact. Nothing more, but she could see it escalating.

Picking herself up from her seat, she wandered over, giving the impression she was looking for the ladies room, and stood behind the three men at their table.

“Oi! I’m bloody telling you Arthur, that was a ruddy alien I saw!”

Okay. Maybe not so trivial as she’d thought it was. Oh well. Lizzie took a step closer and listened in, wondering if she could pass as a barmaid come round for the empty glasses. Yeah right.

“You’ve been spending too long in that field, Derek! Ain’t any aliens you madman!”

“Could have been one of those dirty little mutant things,” the third man said darkly and took a sup of his bitter. Oh so that was the nasty edge Lizzie had felt, her attention turning straight to him. Oh she was so going to batter him for that.

“Mutants! Are you pulling my leg, Fred? Mutants ain’t real! Thems just folk that got dunked in the North Sea and came out worse for it! Or one of them nuclear plants affecting people - like when you see babies born with eyes in the back of their heads!” Derek roared, very defensively.

“Exactly! Mutants! Blights on our lives and ugly fuckers too!” Fred replied angrily. Lizzie felt like head butting the table. God how could people so stupid be allowed to live? Though from the amount of empty pint glasses and tankards strewn across the table, they probably wouldn’t be clogging up society much longer anyway.

Time for a little push…The quieter one, first, maybe, Lizzie thought and bit her lip, concentrating on the mans mind ever so carefully…

“’’Ere. You ever met one? You can’t go talking like that Fred.”

“Don’t you tell me how to talk, you old fart!” Fred slammed his drink down. “I’ll say what I want to say in my local and what I want to say is that mutants are a disease, none of them are any good, mark my words!”

Arthur blinked a bit and shook his head. “But you can’t go and talk like that! Might be that one day it gets you in trouble! Like, you can’t say anything racist now. Ain’t right. Or religionist neither!”

“Arthur Medrow! Stop talking a load of old bollocks you bloody soft git!”

“Only saying and all,” Arthur muttered into his drink. “Like I say, it’ll get you in stinking trouble, Fred. You mark my words!”

“Oh indeed. Trouble is my middle name…” Lizzie gently butted in, while making herself seem invisible to the three men. She knocked over a glass that was close to her and snickered softly as it smashed on the tabletop.

“Who the hell said that?” Fred jumped up with a crash, his chair knocked to the floor.

“OI! Now don’t you be going and making a bloody mess in here again tonight Fred! Blondie lass said it! Right behind you!” the real glass collecting barmaid said, giving Fred a bit of a slap on the shoulder, went back to the bar and promptly forgot about the three old codgers.

Lizzie snorted as Fred whirled around and tried to look for her, but couldn’t see her. Oh drunk people were so easy to play with, she though and made a few wooing noises, for the sake of stereotype.

“You really shouldn’t badmouth mutants. Or anyone. It’s not very nice,” she hissed, taking a step nearer and ducking his flailing hand. Thankfully the bar was not even a third full, so it wasn’t too much to convince those that were paying attention, that she wasn’t there.

“Bloody hell!”

“Aliens! They’re here now! I told you! Bloody no good aliens!”

“Oh shut up you old wanker! This place is haunted!” Fred yelled, a little too loudly. That certainly got all eyes on him. Lizzie could see James at the window, his cigarette about to fall out of his mouth in shock. She waved merrily and turned her attention back to her fun.

“Oh. Ghost. Alien. Mutant. Take your pick, I’m not fussy really!” she laughed and set about giving them a few mental pokes towards more drunken wooziness and watched them stumble, sway in their seats or trip over, staggering back up with the help of the table.

“Bloody place is haunted! I’m hearing voices! A ruddy little girl as well! If she weren’t a ghost I’d skin the little cow!”

“Moo.” Lizzie could never resist that one.

“Ghost cows!” Arthur, who was more gone than the rest of them, disappeared under the table with a thump.

There was a bang on the window. James really seemed to want her to hurry up for some reason.

“Oh…boo.” Lizzie finished lamely, but still made them jump. Leaving the three with the impression that it wasn’t very nice to badmouth mutants, ghosts or aliens, she sloped off towards the doors.

“Yes, brother dear?” Lizzie rolled her eyes and folded her arms in a sulk as she got outside.

“Oh no! Don’t give me that lady!” James wagged a finger at her. “Just what on earth do you think you were playing at?”

“Playing?” she shrugged. “Oh look, James, those guys were being retarded, bigoted idiots so I just messed around with them a little. No permanent harm done! I swear!”

James opened his mouth as if he was about to say something else. Then he tried to stop himself from smiling, failing miserably. “Well…No harm done? And no overusing your powers?”

“No and no. Well. They might not be able to go in there for a while, but apart from that no damage. It was a piece of cake. I don’t see why you’re all still worried about be overloading my powers. I’ll never get further with them, if I can’t push further with them, y’know?”

“Alright. Alright. So are we going to drive back?” James nodded, feeling a bit put out that he hadn’t even had half of his pint…

“Well I don’t know about you but I didn’t finish my drink and I’m still rather -”

“Lizzie…”

“Just joking! Joking I swear!” she nodded meaningfully. “Now, can I drive back, pleeeease?”
wingyding
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Dusty Bits

Post by wingyding »

HAHAHA! I love Lizzie now. She's the ult.
Neither Love nor Evil conquers all, but Evil cheats more.
Important Lessons Learned from the X-Men: Never give indestructible metal claws to something that doesn't die when you shoot it in the head.
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

:LMAO
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator

Post by littlebamf »

Lizzie paid the price for her little act in the pub, better than James, Warren or anyone could have thought up. Out of the goodness of their hearts, Claudia turned up unexpectedly, a few days afterwards, to take her shopping now that she was ‘feeling better’. She still didn’t realise the fainting was a fake and just how much of a punishment this was going to be for Lizzie’s unknown crimes.…

“Oh my very good god!” Claudia whined as they stepped on to the escalators at the tune station. “I really don’t see why we have to come in here! It smells funny and there are…strange looking people!”

“Yes Clauds, working class. Shocking, innit?” Lizzie said in a bored tone and innocently handed Claudia a packet of mints. She was rather glad Claud had never met Warren yet. She’d probably burst into tears then asked ‘how does it work, then?’ while pointing at the claws.

“Oh how un PC, Liz!” she sounded shocked and looked around nervously in case someone had overheard and was coming to lynch the pair of them with fake designer bags and worn umbrellas.

Lizzie laughed and pocketed her mints. “You’ve said worse before yourself, dearie. Don’t go all shocked on me!” she grinned at her friend cheerily. Claudia was alright in small doses but she had the feeling this was going to be one of those days…

Claudia looked at her as if she had no idea what Lizzie was going on about, then her face crumpled. “Yes, well…Oh whatever! Can we just get the train?”

“Well when it gets here,” Lizzie stepped off the escalator and joined the throng of people heading into the tunnel to their platform. It was a busy day as there were sales on in the city, so the platform was packed with people heading for a bargain.

“Soo where do you want to head first?” Claudia asked, linking arms with Lizzie so they wouldn’t get separated on the platform. “Any shops you want to hit especially before you get dragged back to America?”

“Oh I’m not really picky. We’ll just start around Coven Garden and see where we end up.”

The underground train rumbled into the station, the doors hissing open to unload it’s passengers before the new ones stepped aboard. Lizzie gave a shiver; bad, bad memories.

“Are you alright?” Claudia suddenly asked, jumping and squeezing Lizzie’s arm. Lizzie cursed silently, having not meant for Claudia to have to feel that. Damn, she knew better than that…Unless her powers had increased again? Hope not.

“Sorry?” dragged away from her brooding, Liz shook her head and looked sideways at Claudia, who looked as white as a sheet. Strange, Claudia shouldn’t have been that effected…

“I just felt - I don’t know, like you went really really cold and I had this bad feeling all of a sudden! Spooky!”

“Really? Oh. Probably because it’s haunted down here,” Lizzie said without thinking as they took seats on the train to cover her tracks. Claudia, probably sadly was just an impressionable dipstick and therefore would almost certainly feel suggestions or put out feelings stronger than some.

Claudia gripped her arm hard and looked petrified. “Haunted!?”

Oh…Oops? She’d said that? Lizzie smiled innocently. “Accordingly. It’s because it’s so…Well, it’s the oldest underground system in the world and when they made it they dug up churchyards, people have died down here, like in World War two,” she gave a slight shudder at ‘died’ but recovered herself fast. “It’s just generally a bad place.”

The look on Claudia’s face had taken a decidedly paler shade of grey. “Ohmygod! That’s horrible Lizzie! Why did you have to tell me that!”

Shrugging lamely, she tried to look as apologetic as possible. “I’m sorry. Just, slipped out I suppose. And then you did ask so I just explained a little. Could have told you far worse!”

“No!” Claudia shook her head, then stopped and looked at her. “Worse how?”

“Well, actual stories, you know. I’ve heard of a couple of things here and there. Like, the ghost on the Bakerloo line.”

Claudia gave her A Look. She then started to wibble slightly. “Oh that’s awful! So so awful!”

Oh she was so mean. She hadn’t even started yet…

“Yeah, I saw a thing about it on the History Channel the other night and it was saying all about it and about all the disturbed graves, suicides, murders, haunting and accidents that’ve happened over time.”

“Lizzie!” Claudia wailed. “You watched the History Channel?” she cried in shock.

“…Yes.” Lizzie wasn’t quite sure what else to say to that. The girls got up as the train stopped at Covent Garden. “Stairs or lift?” Lizzie asked as they pushed through the crowds, keeping a careful watch on the minds of those close by in case of bag thieves. Not that she couldn’t just deck one that tried to take her bag but that could get incredibly messy…

“Lifts of course! You must be mad if you want to climb the stairs!” Claudia looked at her in shock. Yes, because walking up some stairs was incredibly taxing and not at all good for you. Well, in honesty it was suicidal in summer, but it was January…

“Not really. Just with this crowd we‘ll be waiting forever to take the lift. No? Oh I‘ll tell you what, let‘s see who can get up top first. You take the lift and I‘ll take the stairs, whoever loses has to buy tea, alright?”

“Oh you’re on Braddock!” Claudia giggled and moved for the lifts.

Lizzie shrugged and hightailed it for the stairway and didn’t stop running until she’d hit the top. Rankin would be so proud. Oh shit, that was a thought. She still had homework to do. Mood killer or what, Lizzie thought with a growl and almost kicked a passing child by accident in her annoyance.

About a minute or two later, Claudia emerged, looking very dishevelled as she had been squashed in the back of the lift, behind a very fat lady who was walking very slowly ad holding up a few very annoyed youngsters in Wicked hoodies on their way to the theatres.

“Oh you -” Claudia crumpled. “How did you do it? That’s unfair!” she folded her arms and pouted. Lizzie wondered if her lower lip was about to drop off and how long they had before it couldn’t be surgically reattached.

“Oh, just good at running,” Lizzie smiled deviously. “See any ghosts?” she teased.

“No! Why is this station haunted too or something?”

“It is actually. Actor got stabbed at the Adelphi Theatre in Victorian times. Something like that anyway. Wouldn’t let it bother you, you’ve never seen anything down here before have you?”

“No…”

“Then I really wouldn’t worry about it, love,” Lizzie said breezily. “Now. You owe me tea.”

“Fine, I really do need a skinny latte after that horrible lift!” she moaned dramatically as they passed though the ticket barriers and went off in search of liquid refreshment.

“Ugh. Coffee, you philistine…”

The Ghost of Covent Garden tube station is reportedly real and is of the actor William Terriss http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Terriss

[Edited on 11-11-07 by littlebamf]
wingyding
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by wingyding »

Andreas entered the huge ballroom of the mansion, a sabre and Tessa to his left. And in this dress the latter probably was more dangerous for the health of at least the men in the room.

He gave the man with the staff an annoyed frown when he announced the two of them, but then reverted to his happy smile, and if it was only to shove his good mood into the face of his brother which he had spotted on the other side of the room.

Werner rose his glass to welcome his little brother. He had to admit that his girlfriend, or newest toy, whatever, had the looks.

Maybe I'll play with her later on...

Tessa tried not to shake when she walked; a difficult enough task when she was as nervous as she was, discounting the heels. Good Lord, this place is even bigger with people in it... She breathed out quietly, smiling despite the rush of information coming at her. Damn...too many people.

Lizzie breezed in after the pair, making a slight face as the announcer called her out. Thankfully her parents were unlikely to be there, seeing as they were apparently in Madrid. Or Nice. Or somewhere that wasn't Germany thank god. She smoothed down her gown and fiddled with her necklace. Fine and dandy.

He turned around and gave Elizabeth a sparkling smile. "I'm sorry that we had to walk in like this, but you know, protocol..." Then he shrugged.

"My mother is anal if it comes to this, but I guess I'm introducing the pot to the kettle here, ja?"

Oh? Who was that...interesting English lady over there? When the announcer told the room her name he finally remembered.

Ah...one of Xavier's playthings...My people told me she plays mind tricks, I should be careful.

"Oh quite," she nodded to Andreas. "A season was not over without one of these. Midsummer and Christmas being the most important..." she noticed the was getting a 'look' but brushed it off, wishing badly that Warren could have made it.

Tessa looked back to Lizzie with a smile. "You look really beautiful in that dress. SO you're used to these types of things?" She couldn't quite hide the nerves. She was new to all this... "I hope you enjoy yourself."

He decided to walk up to them. Mind games or not, there were just too many people in here for her to do anything to him...well, unless she'd suspect and concentrate on him, but he wouldn't be stupid enough to cause this.

Johann was boredly standing in a corner, kind of dissecting the petals of one of the roses he had gotten from a nearby table and trying to remember the early days of his studium and to call them right.

Then he noticed Andreas and his mutant friends coming in. Great! I can't wait to talk with them, I wonder what they can do?...

"Yes, well, it's just how I as raised. Never really enjoyed them, unless I was making trouble though," she shrugged a bit at Tessa. "And thank you, your dress is stunning. It looks perfect on you."

"It does, doesn't it?" A pair of very admiring eyes wandered over Tessa's body which was perfectly illuminated by the lustres.

"However, I'd prefer you to not crash this party, wirklich, mother would plainly kill you. And I have heard she's deadly with her fan." He pointed at Maria over his shoulder who was busily dragging his father through the room and trying to not break a sweat by nearly shoveling fresh air with a distinctly Spanish fan into her cleavage.

Tessa looked over and laughed. "Oh, and that looks just so dangerous." She noticed the boy coming towards them looked a good deal like Andreas. "Is that your brother?"

"Oh...yes..." He had only wanted to tease Werner a bit, not him coming over and talking to his guests...

While he passed by the guests of his family he saw the glowing webs dancing in their bodies, even when he closed his eyes. A bit of boredom here, a bit of excitement there...Oh, the young Gruber girl has done coke again...guess I should 'take care' of her later...

"Why hello Andreas, sporting a frame of good-looking girls once again I see? I have to admit that I'm jealous of you sometimes." He remembered his getup and took a bow. "Ladies."

Oh it was the one with the roving eyes she'd spotted earlier. Might as well play polite, she thought and held out her hand with a bit of a dip, the way her mother and great aunt would have always wanted. "I don't believe we've met."

Tess dipped her head in return. "Gentleman." She smiled at him politely, brushing her hair behind her ear.

With a smile he took Lizzie's hand and imitated a kiss on it. Can tell a good breed after the first sentence...

"The name is Werner, Werner von Strucker. I am the older brother of this little rascal here." He ruffled through the hair of Andreas, who obviously didn't like it. Werner even imagined seeing him twitch. Goooood

Andreas brought his hair back in order and gave Werner a glaring stare that could have killed smaller animals and children. But otherwise he remained silent.

"Elizabeth Braddock," she informed him and took her hand back. She had expected him to do that, she thought, but she had hoped she'd be proven wrong...She pretended she hadn't noticed the hair mussing, feeling a twinge of common sympathy for Andreas.

He came over to the little group, too eager to ask his questions to wait.

"Good evening, ladies and gentlemen." He gave the girls a happy bearded smile. "Mind if I join?"

Tess gave the new guy a bit of a surprised look, as she hadn't seen him come up. "Not at all." She moved closer to Andy to give him room to stand closer. She sent to Lizzie quietly.

Lizzie smirked and took a polite step back, as if she were merely widening the little circle.

"Great!" He instantly gave Elizabeth a close look. "You are like my dear son, aren't you?"

She couldn't help but take a small step back. "Excuse me? I don't know what you mean."

Tessa had to bite back a snort at Lizzie's comment. She watched the interplay between Lizzie and whoever the guy was with not a small bit of amusement.

she said with a mental wink and a demonstration of vacancy.

"Oh, yes, it's not common knowledge I guess." He gave Andreas an amused look. "I'm talking about Alexander, he is my son. The megamorph, I'm sure you might have noticed him."

Oh Gott, not THAT routine again...and Werner too...the evening gets better and better...

"Oh, Alex, yes I know him. But I don't see how I'm like him..."

She felt a twinge of dislike at Alex's name. "Alex is your son?"

"Oh, and much more..." He didn't care to explain what 'much more' meant though. "And, Miss Braddock, I meant you are both so special regarding your DNA, it is brilliant. Would you mind sharing with me what you special ability is? Or would that be too intimate?"

"You mean we are special in regards to our mutancy? I wouldn't dispute that it is special, but we are very different when it comes to gifts. I have several psionic powers, in answer to your question.."

"Oh really? Brilliant! You must know, until know I have only been able to meet specimen of the energy-manipulating kind." He came a bit closer to Elizabeth and got his glasses out.

"I wonder whether your steam brain might be exceptionally big. This would explain the 'basic instinct' theory..."

"Erm...Onkel Johann? I think asking a woman about her brain might be a bit impolite..." He stepped up next to Lizzie.

While the others were distracted, Werner decided that it would be time to take care of one of the latest variables in this house. But how...maybe...

"Big...Brain? Well from my exam results at school I very much doubt that."
He fixated Tessa, the web of glowing lines in her head was silver. Oh, that's a first... He gave it a short poke. Didn't want to start anything unpleasent should her mutant power be an exploding head...

Tessa felt a poke in her head and flinched a little. She looked around quickly, getting that goosebump-like tingle all over. Lizzie was really the only person she could think of to ask....Andy's brother she didn't know yet, and she assumed in a family so obsessed with manners he wouldn't have done it.

Oh that felt weird. Hope she doesn't do it again. She rubbed her arm with her opposite hand, rubbing away the off tingly feeling.

He tried to catch her eyes and nudged again, a bit stronger this time, but not too strong. It's not time to try whether I can rip them yet...

Johann kept on observing Lizzie's head. "Oh, this has nothing to do with intellect. See, there is this interesting theory around that telepathy was actually a very old way of communication inside of the ancient tribes. Only leaders would develop it, as a way to ensure the tribe would act as one, and therefore survive."

Tessa sighed, a little note of irritation in it as she felt another poke. For Christ's sake. Okay, so it wasn't Lizzie...she'd have asked before doing it again. She caught Werner's glance and gave him a flat look, moving a step or two closer. "Stop that. It's irritating."

"Well. My head has always been average size...Doubt I'd have gotten contracts with a oversized head," Lizzie winced at the though of a big head. This was punishment for the past few days. She bloody knew it.

With a silent and far-too-calm-to-be-comfortable voice he told Tessa. "Would you mind joining me in a little conversation over there?" He pointed at a silent corner and gave her a...sharky, small smile.

"Well, you are a rather capable leader though, ja?" Andreas tried to play his uncle's words down, as he started to get embarrassed.

"Oh Miss Braddock, one can't just tell by the size of the head alone, you know?" He scratched his beard in deep thought.

"Would you mind joining me for a special photoshooting maybe? I'd even be willing to pay the agency's prize, not to mention your salary."

Yes. God hated her. Shit. If she still drank, she'd go get drunk and throw up in a graveyard or something.

"Special how so? I have certain...things I can and cannot do, I'm afraid." Oh she was so giving him Anton's number. That'd serve him right.

Oh and Andreas had complimented her....Oops. "And thank you Andreas, I'm flattered you think so," she belatedly turned to him, hoping that if need be he would be a gent and save her.

"You see, I'd like to perform an MRI on you, to find out about the mentioned parts of your anatomy." He tipped his head.

"Oh nein, you don't!" He hastily shook his head and signalized Elizabeth to not agree. "Those were the dullest three hours I ever had to live through. You are plain boring, Johann."

"But...we have to make sacrifices for science!"

"Who are those people you always say have to make sacrifices for science, and when will the finally get into a psychiatric ward?"

Tessa raised an eyebrow at the boy and turned back to the conversation at hand. "What, ten minutes and we're already talking crazies? You do bring life to the party." She smiled at Andy and put her hand on his shoulder lightly, leaning in.

"When you get a minute, I want to show you something, Andreas." It came out as a quiet whisper, accompanied by a little wink.

She thought about that. "Well. I had an MRI when I was fifteen, because of my migraines back then...I suppose I could sit through another one. Lie through, rather."

Turning to Andreas she shook her head.

What he meant was uncle Johann's growing interest in the slightly glowing butterfly that had appeared through her contact.

The fact that he hadn't had noticed the butterfly until now was prove to how much the question of her brain fascinated him, But now he silently observed the glowing sign.

The ongoing refusal of that girl to talk with him privately started to annoy him. So Werner decided to take more...serious steps.

He concentrated on a woman in a dark blue robe passing Tessa right in this moment and gave the web in her head (funnily enough a dark blue too) a strong pull. So she suddenly grabbed her head and groaned because of the strong migraine-wave that suddenly rushed through her body.

Then he gave her another one of his mean little smiles...

Tessa turned around quickly at the groan and backed up a step. That boy made her nervous for some reason....he was off. She closed herself off fairly quickly and turned to him. "To what point and purpose did you wish to talk?"

He got two glasses of champagne from a passing servant and nodded her to follow him into a close corner. This will be interesting...

Andreas didn't notice the things that were going between Tessa and his brother. He gave her a friendly nod regarding her comment, but then got distracted by his uncle's ongoing staring on Lizzie's butterfly. Really, by now he would have been more comfortable if he had looked into her cleavage...

"Onkel Johann, really, you're getting looks already..."

The man was staring quite a bit more than she really liked though....

Tessa gave Andreas a smile and a tilt of her head to let him know she was moving away, and followed Werner a little ways before stopping. "If you have something you wanted to tell me, you can do it here. I'm not as stupid as you seem to be assuming if you think I'm following you into a deserted corner." Was everyone here pretentious, or just ignorant? Sweet Jesus. She almost rolled her eyes at him, but resisted. Barely.

"Well, I just figured what I want to talk about would be better eft between just the two of us. Oh well..." He offered her a glass. "Champagne? It's goo, I chose it myself."

"You know Miss, this little thing there...I think you might at least have a connection to an energy-mutation after all..."

Lizzie sighed. "And no, sorry, only mind powers I'm afraid. Frightfully boring really."

Tessa shook her head at the glass of champagne. "No, thank you." She took a breath. "What did you want to talk about that would have so much of an impact on everyone else present?"

He shrugged at her cold shoulder and downed both glasses after another and then placed them on the plate of a passing servant.

"You and my brother seem to be pretty close, am I right?" His attempt of a friendly smile was too good to be a true one.

"That's a bit sad...although it raises the interesting question how it comes that we don't seem to have any combinations regarding the different types of mutations..." He got a small black book out of his pocket and started to draw very scientific doodles into it.

"So, uhm...Elizabeth...How was Christmas for you?" His uncle really creeped him out sometimes....

Combinations? Not going to mention Warren there...Clearing her throat she smiled at Andreas. "It was fine, thank you. Quiet, but considering how it can get at school, it was a nice change, you know? How was it here?"

Tess gave Werner a semi-interested look. "Yes, we're close, I'd say...why?" She was getting a little more than bored here.

"Excuse me one moment," Lizzie smirked a little, unable to resist the temptation and prowled over to Tessa, wrapped an arm around her waist and gave her a kiss on the cheek. "Awfully unsporting, abandoning people Tess! How about a drink or a dance, or how about with Andy there?" she added with a snicker.

Tessa feigned surprise at Lizzie showing up at her side and snickered at the thought of dragging Andy off to dance. "I think I could manage that." She returned the kiss and muttered, "Thanks, Liz. I owe you," when she was close enough to her ear for it to be sneaky.

He welcomed the other girl with a risen eyebrow. "I think you might want to stay, what I want to tell you could be very much life-changing...for the two of you, that is."

He put his hands into his pockets so that the girls wouldn't notice him making them into fists. "Because...You have no idea what it means that you are here, girl..."

Tessa raised an eyebrow. "And I'd care in the least because...?" She phrased it as a question but didn't give him time to answer. "Look, I understand if you think I'm somehow inferior to you, but you'll have to get over it. I'm enjoying the holiday with a friend of mine, and if you have some issue with that, you'd do best to either tell me what it is so I can ignore it, or ignore it yourself until I get back to the school."

She put her hand up on Lizzie's shoulder and sent, As a precaution, because she was a bit wary of the boy, she closed herself off from telepathy--and most everything else.

"Oh nice, right to the point, nice..." His voice was as dry as the Champagne that circled the room.

"Let's do this then: The two of you had sex. I know my brother long enough to at least realize this. However, you are still around, he even invited you. This is out of the normal."

"To say it easy, I think the two of you are closer than it seems...which would mean a lot." He pointed at her henna tattoo. "The society is in an uproar, with the two of you having the same tattoo. Or didn't you notice the looks?"

Lizzie gave him a steely look. "Oh uproar this uproar that. So what? You're making it worse by bringing it up so publicly."

"I'd recommend a tad more discretion."

"Oh, you misunderstand me. I actually want my brother to be happy with this special girl." He pointed at Tessa. "You see, I did a bit of a background check on you and...I'd say the both of you are really much alike. We call this 'Freigeist' over here."

The smile had found its way back on his face. "I want to support the two of you."

Tessa tossed her head to get her hair out of the way and shifted on her feet. "As alike as we are, I think I get quite enough support from my own family. Thus I'll have to decline your offer." She paused on her way to turn around and walk off. "And yes, I am a free thinker. So you've got at least one thing right."

"You believe a word of that wanting to help?" Lizzie caught Tessa's arm and murmured in her ear. "I don't think I trust this guy..."

He got himself another glass of champagne. "[ger]Well then..." He muttered to himself and rose the glass towards the leaving girls.

"Und bist du nicht willig, so brauch ich Gewalt..." Then he downed his Champagne again.

Lizzie gave Werner a look. There was something definately weird with this man. "And just what kind of force would that be? I don't hold too well to hearing my friends being threatened."

Tessa turned around at the phrase, motioning to Lizzie to go on back to Andy. "Now you've got my undivided attention. What did you want to say to me that you've been holding back?"

Really not wanting to, Lizzie took a few steps away. As much as she did love smashing faces she was rather sure Tessa could handle herself.

"Goethe was a brilliant man, wasn't he?...Champagne?" He gestured another servant to come closer.

"Some would say that." Because she'd gotten almost to her nerves' end, she took a glass and sipped. Still didn't like the taste, but she'd be sociable. "Thank you." ...Now get to the point!

"Hmmm, okay." A sip out of a new glass later: "My father has put it in his head that Andreas is the perfect heir of the title, funnily enough because his, uhm, physical traits surpass his economical ones."

"So, I simply want you to make sure he doesn't bother himself anymore with this stupid responsibility and leave it up to me. In exchange I offer the two of you a monthly pension for the rest of your lives, which you can, or can not spend as a couple." Another sip, another smile, one final wink.

She sipped her own glass like him, but didn't smile. "You know, that's rather funny. Bribing your brother's friend so you can inherit the family's wealth." she raised her glass slightly towards him. "I fail to see any convincing reason to accept your offer. And I still get the feeling there's something you're not telling me."

Werner frowned at that. You imbecile little... "Who cares for wealth? The title is where it is at. Those are modern times, we need a modern family. Andreas isn't able to do this, it's not in his nature!"

"Right. I'll consider your offer, but I'm not making any promises." She finished the champagne and set it on a tray as the server walked back around. "Now if you'll excuse me..."

If you can't use them, drop them... "Which would leave us to the aforementioned force...I really can't have you in this family if you only want to be an annoyance...And really, if I think about it, you don't want to."

Tessa merely turned her head back over her shoulder. "You'd find it incredibly difficult to force me into doing much."

"I really wonder whether you would be able to replace Andrea."

Tessa blinked. "I'm not trying to."

"Well, you two did have sex, so you're at least on a good way..."

"Excuse me? How would those two things even be related?" This was getting irritatingly odd. A month ago she hadn't even known Andreas had a sister, and now his brother was talking about her and having sex as if they were the same thing! "I don't know what you're getting at."

"You're a smart girl, you'll figure out yourself...[ger]Why, if that isn't Michaela Gruber! Hello Miss, would you mind giving me a dance?[/ger]" He walked off towards a brunette young girl.

She shook her head and went back to Andreas and Lizzie, setting her hand on his shoulder and giving him a kiss on the cheek, rising up on her toes even in the heels she was wearing. "Want to dance with me?"

"Oh hell, ja!" He was eager to get away from his uncle who had started to talk about mushrooms towards him and Lizzie a while ago.

"I assume you can do the waltz?"

"Of course I can. But I'd much rather do something with a little more...spirit to it." She smiled at him. "Can you do the tango?"

"Uhm...a bit?"

Tessa laughed. "It's easy. Just make sure I don't fall. Please?" She looked over her shoulder at Lizzie and winked, sending her a message through the link.

Lizzie blinked a little, her mind off in another little place. Really didn't want to be knowing about mushrooms...Tessa tapping her brought her round.

she gave her a wink and started to wander towards the band.

Tess giggled.

"Tango is indeed an interesting dance. Would you know it's called vertical sex?" Johann had decided to share his vast amount of knowledge with is nephew.
"That being why I asked to do it." Tessa smiled at Andreas and rose up to give him another kiss. "Come on. It's not all that bad."

He followed her onto the dancefloor, and when the hot music started and a quite some heads shot around he started their way to a vertical coitus.
Important Lessons Learned from the X-Men: Never give indestructible metal claws to something that doesn't die when you shoot it in the head.
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Taking a seat on the bus, Lizzie pulled her phone out of her handbag and scrolled down the contacts list to Rae's name and hit call. She had enough time between there and home to talk and wasn't like she had anything planned other than movies on the couch, they could wait.

Rachel dug the phone out of her pocket after turning the volume of the music way down. She eyed the caller ID before answering it, "Hey Lizzie."

"Alright! Calling, as promised!" she said cheerfully in to the phone, then inwardly sighed as someone took the seat next to her.

"I noticed," she smiled, "What's up?"

"Oh, the usual. Escaping back home right now. Trying not to get in any more trouble, the usual."

"Yeah, I think I'm done with trouble for a bit. So, what'd you do?" This should be good.

She sent a flick to make the person next to her move. "Oh. This and that. Pretended to faint in the middle of a wedding shop so I could go home, kind of played with a few minds here and there and caused a wee bit of mess in this pub, played a few tricks in the agency, convinced my friend the underground is haunted..."

"Nice. I got arrested for fighting against three guys in the middle of the street. Got my ass kicked 'cause I didn't want to seriously injure anyone."

Lizzie nearly laughed. "Three? What on earth?Now not wanting to injure kind of defeats the point of fighting, unless they started it...You could have given them a 'push' off though."

"Yeah, three. This guy was talking shit, and I got in his face about it. He started it though," she shrugged. "Yeah, I could've but that wouldn't of been very fair."

"Three on one isn't fair though," Lizzie sighed and inspected her nails, glancing out of the window at the brightly lit shops. "Did you get charged?"

"No, it's not. It's not exactly the first fight I've had with this guy though. Luckily, no."

"What's his problem with you? But that's something. Getting arrested still isn't fun though."

"Lots of stuff, but no it wasn't fun. I got a black eye and my ring cut into my lip. Josh healed everything though, so I'm fine. Done anything besides get in trouble?"

"Eh. Spent time with my favourite guys, been involved in my brothers wedding planning...The usual kind of holiday things, really."

"You done anything besides fight and get arrested?"

"Sounds exciting. I've hung out with Josh, talked to Rogue, and slept."

"Awww, cool!" Lizzie grinned. "I also went to Germany for a few days and went over to see Tessa and Andreas. They were having a party there so I hung around for that and then Alex's Dad asked if he could give me an MRI. Odd."

"That's awesome...well, the MRI is kinda weird..."

"He wanted to investigate my large brain or something."

Rachel smirked, "You have a brain to investigate?"

"Oi! Cheeky!" Lizzie laughed loudly, 'pushing' someone else away from the seat next to her. "Apparently I do! So there!"

"Not my fault you walked right into that one..."

"Yeah yeah, if you think so with your apparent brain!"

"You back at school yet?"

"I know. It's amazing that I actually have one. Yep. I got back like the day after I got home. Explaining where I was to my parents was something I wanted to avoid."

"Ahh, yeah, I can understand that. So are there many people at school other than Josh and Rogue? I hate the school in holiday time, so empty and just...I dunno, just odd."

"Yeah, it's really quiet...kinda freaky. There's those two, Cess, Japh, Jay, Jill, Jackie, Sean, and I think that's it..."

"Ahh, cool. I spent Christmas there in my first year. It was pretty much empty save me, Warren, Angel for a few days and Japh, I think."

"Yeah, there's like nothing to do 'cause no one is here. So, it's pretty boring."

"I wasn't well then so I sat and watched my way through all my DVDs. Went ice skating and tried to cook too, though Warren exhaled near a brandy pudding and it made a bit of a mess."

She snickered, "Nice. DVDs, that's something to do. Josh and I went ice skating right before break, and I don't cook...at all."

"Oh I don't either. I was not put on this planet to cook. Don't think it's in my genes really. And if you look around the rec room there should be a cupboard with some of mine in, in a marked box. Help yourself!"

"The only fun I find in cooking is setting stuff on fire, which doesn't go over well inside. Awesome."

"You probably have most of them or seen them all but they're there. And I'll agree, setting fire to things makes it more fun for sure!"

She checked where she was and got ready to get off at the next stop.

"Probably, but they're still good."

"Yep, they are!" she slung her bag over her shoulder and headed down the asile. "I'm having a movie night myself when I get in."

"Sounds cool. What are you going to watch?"

"Not sure really," she said as she stopped on the pavement a second to adjust her bag. "Might just have a vote on it when I get in, see what the guys fancy."

"Dunno what I'm going to do. Probably play bass since I need the practice. Also should practice piano, or I'll be nagged to death by Josh."

"Oh piano. I hated that. I practise still sometimes, but it was never really me," walking on, she put her free hand in a pocket. "Bloody freezing here! There still snow there?"

"I just hate the classical music. Drives me insane. The problem is he knows that. It's evil."

"Yeah, there is. I take it there's snow there too."

"Nope. Doesn't really snow as much as you think in England, and London isn't known for it. If it does snow it'll be more likely to fall next month."

"Well...It is known I suppose, but we don't get it like New York does at any rate."

"Yeah, there's like tons of snow here. It's insane sometimes, but it's cool. Means I can attempt to snowboard."

"Never tried that. Been skiing as a kid and I really hated that," she turned a corner and dodged a mother pushing a pram. "Snowboarding looks fun though. You should get a prgrammer to make a snowboard program for the DR for when the snow goes."

"Like, I can or Bobby would or anyone else who plays down there."

"It's harder than it looks. Though, I can skate, so that helps. That'd be cool. I tend to avoid the DR. Normally, when I'm down there it's to squeeze through tubes as wide as me."

"Oh but the DR can be really fun! Squeeze through tubes?" she made a bit of a face. "Sounds rather...Repetitive, really."

"Yeah and climb walls and hang upside down and some other insane things that Remy makes us do. Although, Halloween in there was pretty cool."

"It can be really cool. I have some really random things I made for training and for fun. I'd live in the DR if I could."

"Yeah, but then I wouldn't have anyone to get in trouble with...besides Bobby..."

"Awww," Lizzie said teasingly as she turned into her street. "Trouble's where you find it though. Unless it finds you. I think I have an invisible friend called Trouble."

"He stalks me a bit, likes to put ideas in my head, like a good friend should..."

"That doesn't make you sound insane at all," she rolled her eyes.

"Of course I'm bloody insane! What do you take me for!"

"Even better I'm wandering about the street, well, about to go in my house anyway," Lizzie paused on the doorstep and ferreted about in her bag for her keys.

"Oh, I couldn't tell. So, I guess you're going to be doing your movie night thing then?"

"Not for a little bit. Got to have dinner first," she tugged her keys out and let herself in, holding the phone away as she called out to say she was home.

"That is if dinner's cooked...I don't know! They don't let me in the kitchen!"

"Well, it's not like you're going to starve to death," Rachel flipped through her CDs and put another one in the CD player.

"Tell that to my brother and Batty!" Lizzie rolled her eyes as she made her way up to her bedroom.

"I doubt they'd listen."

"Oh they never do! They do mean well but it gets a bit frustrating after a while. Men. Can't live with them, can't live without them."

"Don't tell Terry I said that, she'd take it the wrong way..."

"I know what you mean. Oh, I won't. I try to avoid being molested," Rachel glanced at the door as someone knocked. She covered the phone for a moment before bringing it back to her ear, "I have to go. Being dragged to the mall."

"Well make yourself look like you're having fun at least, and let your mind wander! I'll speak to you soon, love, bye!"

Lizzie closed her phone and tossed it on her nightstand. All the talk of being made to eat and she was actually quite hungry now...
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator

Post by littlebamf »

<Angelina> Angel fussed with her hair and signaled the waiter, ordering a cocktail in flawless Italian when he approached. She frowned when Gerardo gave the waiter a hard stare from his table across the restaurant. She wished such measures weren't necessary.

<Elizabeth> In nowhere as near fluent Italian - though she was coming on in languages - Lizzie ordered some water, fiddling with a bracelet as he buzzed off.

<Angelina> She also wished things weren't so awkward. "Allora, this place has kickin' insalata caprese," she said, looking down at the menu and wondering what they were going to talk about for the next hour. It hadn't seemed so hard on the phone, when she hadn't had to look at Lizzie.

<Elizabeth> "Yeah? What is that?" Lizzie looked up from her own menu that she was trying to declipher without having to ask and look like a tourist or use her powers...

<Elizabeth> Wondering if this was about as far as the conversation would get in terms of contents, Lizzie pondered on asking Angel if she wanted to go shopping instead. She knew where they were with shopping...

<Angelina> "It's salad with lots a mozzarella and roma tomatoes," she said, fussing with her hair again when the waiter returned with her drink and Lizzie's water. Gerardo was ordering his own lunch now, though he was still watching their table.

<Angelina> "Hey, so, you goin' back to school early, or staying here in Europe until school starts?"

<Elizabeth> "Sounds nice," she said and sipped her water a little nervously. "I'm staying til it starts, well, I'm going back a day or so early. How about you? You still going to be around here?" she glanced at the bodyguard who was making her a little nervous with his watching. At any rate, if anything happened she'd know before he did.

<Angelina> Angel sighed, finally leaning forward to talk to Lizzie in a soft voice. "I don't know yet. I want to, but..." She nodded toward Gerardo. "I miss everybody. I do. You, Teej and Rem.... Scott."

<Elizabeth> Lizzie glanced down at the table, fingering a napkin. "Well..I don't know. Is it safe for you to come back? And..." she sighed a bit, not even sure herself what she was going to say. "I miss you too. It's been...Really lonely at school, well, the time I've been there since you left anyway."

<Angelina> "It's not really safe, no." She took a large drink of her martini, tracing the edge of her glass with a manicured nail. "The Giovannis.... they don't give up, it seems, no matter what my grandpa does."

<Angelina> "I don't want to put anybody in danger, Liz," she said. "Vic got shot, Teej could have died! And I just can't..."

<Elizabeth> "You wouldn't put me in danger," Lizzie shrugged. "And they didn't die, did they. It'd take more than just a bullet to stop Vic after all. Letting them pin you in will just make it worse for you."

<Elizabeth> "Just...Too many people get taken over by fear and everything and it's just...Stupid. If they won't listen that's not your fault or your family's fault."

<Angelina> "I know. È insensato. It's stupid... but they won't believe I didn't do anything to Pietro. Nonno says it's just an excuse... he said there may be one more thing to try." Angel took another swallow. She wanted her life back, but she wasn't sure she wanted to take this step.

<Elizabeth> "Take a real hit on them or something?" Lizzie shifted in her seat a little bit, hoping she was being a little overdramatic and had just seen the Godfather too much.

<Angelina> Angel smiled a sad smile. "That, they already considered, si? It would make things worse and lead to open hostility... so, they talk. And I have Gerardo."

<Elizabeth> Breathing out she gavea wry smile. Yeah, she was morbid or something. "Talking doesn't seem to be working though..."

<Angelina> "No, it's not, or I wouldn't need Gerardo." Said Gerardo looked up from his sandwich and she signaled him all was well. "I have a meeting later this week with someone who can help."

<Elizabeth> "Oh? Okay, well I hope something gets sorted out. I really do miss you, you know. It's not the same at school, I really mean it."

<Angelina> "Believe me, I'd rather be at school." She brightened a bit, thinking of her conversation with TJ. "Especially, now with Rem and Teej! It's just like the old days, si?" As soon as she said it, she realized how much nothing was like the old days.

<Elizabeth> "Rem and TJ?" she frowned. "What about them?"

<Angelina> Angel panicked slightly, trying to remember if TJ or Remy had said it was a secret for any reason. "They're back together," she finally answered. "It's good news, si?"

<Elizabeth> She hadn't known that...Oh well, not all too suprising that she didn't. "Yeah, yeah it is. Those two were really meant to be." She grinned. Awww.

<Angelina> "They are, and things will be so much better for Johnny too." Angel smiled. "I bet he's gettin' big now... I miss him too." She tried not to think of how much Scott's niece would have grown up.

<Elizabeth> "Yeah, it'll be good for them too, not having to make all arrangements and settle things as well."

<Elizabeth> This was getting a little strained now. "So hows your Uncle?" she asked as it was the first thing that popped into her head.

<Angelina> Angel nodded, taking another sip of her drink.

<Angelina> "Oh... he's good. Not acting too much right now. He's, ah, busy." She cleared her throat, uncomfortable again. "How's James?"

<Elizabeth> "Stressed. It's his and Fran's wedding soon. Bit of a nightmare. My bridesmaid dress has been exhanged about five times now and Fran is too embarrassed to go back in one shop as I fainted and broke a curtain in a dressing room. Well, I mock fainted anyway."

<Angelina> She looked up. "He's getting married? Oh..." Angel twisted the ruby ring on her third finger, one her father had bought her for Christmas.

<Elizabeth> Probably shouldn't have said that, but she had asked..."Yeah, well they've been together off and on for years, but on more than offand now it's serious, so they're getting married and driving everyone crazy in the process." Lizzie made a face. "Pink. I ask you..."

<Angelina> "A-allora, congratuations." She tried to regain her composure. "Pink? I'd like that, actually," she joked, then realized that was awkward too.

<Angelina> "Um, are you ready to order?"

<Elizabeth> "Might as well be," she shrugged though she really wasn't. Really shouldn't have brought up the wedding stuff...She flicked her eyes to the menu again. "What are you getting?"

<Angelina> Angel picked the menu back up and frowned. "I really don't know," she laughed. "Do you? This is nuts, yo. Are you even hungry?"

<Elizabeth> "Not especially for things I don't know the name of in Italian. I'm guessing but for all I bloody know I'll get squid or bull bollocks or something utterly stupid and hideous."

<Angelina> "That decides that then, don't it?" Angel called the waiter over and took care of the bill for her two drinks. Gerardo gave her a hard glare and shoved down the last bite of his sandwich, following her lead.

<Angelina> "We in Rome, right?" She smiled. "We supposed to do what the Romans do - and I see them shoppin' a lot..." Her eyebrows rose, turning it to a question.

<Elizabeth> "Hmmm," Lizzie pretended to be putting a lot of thought into the offer. "Wellllll, I did promise War I'd go easy on that and all, and there is my rep to shake of having suitcases big enough to hide bodies in..."

<Elizabeth> "But what the hell. Shop. Then eat. Agreeable?" she beamed.

<Angelina> "Si, sounds fantastico!" Angel returned the blinding grin and shouldered her bag. "Let's paint the town, girlfriend."

<Elizabeth> "Just not pink, okay?" Lizzie snickered and followed suit.
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator

Post by littlebamf »

Her phone rang. Please God, let it not be Claudia…I‘ll be good. To a point. Reaching over the pile of photographs she was sorting, she flicked her phone open and put it to her ear. No caller ID, but you never know, could be something important or at the least, interesting.

“Hello?” she propped the phone to her ear with her shoulder as she moved some things to the side and gave her nose a quick scratch.

“Ah, Elizabeth?” a male, slightly familiar voice enquired lightly.

“Yes, who is this?” Lizzie shifted on her chair and propped her head on her hand, her elbow precariously positioned between a mug of tea and a box of negatives.

“Martin Thorne. Are you still able to make your appointment tomorrow?” the clipped voice purred into her ear and understanding dawned.

“Oh! Yes, Martin, of course. Nine thirty, right? I’ll be there.” Lizzie nodded and wrote something on her hand as a reminder. Oops. She’d almost forgotten about the whole thing…

“I look forward to seeing you and marking your progress, Elizabeth. Good day to you.”

The line went suddenly dead. Lizzie took a sip of tea and put her phone down. Stupid thing. She still wasn’t used to it, despite having had it since November when circumstances had pretty much forced her to get a new one and then it hadn’t even been her choice of phone, just the ‘best’ for what was needed. Irritating, but that’s life for you.

Sliding it away from herself, she went back to the photographs. At least she knew where she was with them.
Early morning. Way too early for her liking…Lizzie stood on the platform alone, yawning slightly and drank some tea from her shiny purple commuter mug. Too fucking early…She could still be in bed or eating breakfast or other fun early morning things.

Rubbing her eyes, she glanced around and was surprised by how empty the platform was for that time of morning. Gave her a funny feeling, but at least she’d be able to get a seat only the danger there was that she would just fall back to sleep.

A commotion over on the other side of the platform made her jump. Bag snatch. And the middle aged woman whose bag it was, was not letting it go quietly.

“Give me back my bag you skinny little bastard!” she screamed, tugging on her bag and whacked him one with her umbrella. The man gave her a hard shove and yanked the bag off her and started running for the exit, through the small crowd of bemused commuters who were stood about like a bunch of sheep. Oh if a job needed doing…

Lizzie calmly passed her cup and bag to another commuter and sprinted after the culprit along the tunnel, up the escalators and caught up with him just as he was about to vault the barriers, rugby tackling him into one and primly yanked the bag out of his arms then sat on him until a police officer could arrive and make an arrest.

There was a slightly enthusiastic cheer from the watching crowd. The woman came running up, slightly out of breath. “Oh thank you my dear! I’m ever so grateful! ‘ere, you’re famil-” her eyes had started to take on that odd look that people got whenever they were trying to remember a face.

Lizzie silently pointed up to a perfume advertisement. It had a rather nice shot of her in a floaty dress sat in a little rowing boat, looking a little gormless, she personally had thought on first seeing it. “Don’t mention it. I like to help,” she smiled as she handed the bag over. “Want to kick him? Doubt he’s going anywhere.”

“Oh now dear, as tempting as that sounds I don’t think it’d look right if the constabulary showed up as I was doing so! So you’re one of them modally girls. Don’t strike me as the type that could chase a man and have him down, if you don’t mind me saying…”

“Oh, I’m just full of surprises, really…” Lizzie winked and the man who had been left with her things and wandered up to pass them to her. “Missed the tube for this y’know,” he said, mock annoyed. “Hey, don’t I know you?”

She pointed to the poster again, getting a little tired of it. He shook his head. “No, I don’t look at posters aside film posters. You’re Andrew Braddock’s sister, aren’t you? The one that fell off the side of the earth, right?”

Christ, God really had something against her. “Yeah, well I tried to and only got as far as New York state.”

“Huh, don’t get me wrong but this doesn’t look like New York to me.”

“I’m here for the Christmas break,” Lizzie responded and had to hide her relief when the police turned up, though was slightly miffed that she had to give a statement. Oh now she was going to be late.
“Ah Miss Braddock, good of you to show up,” Martin Thorne gave her a grin. “I had thought that tardiness was not one of your bad points.”

“Sorry, there was some trouble on the tube. Someone’s bag got snatched so I -”

“You threw yourself in with gusto, preventing a crime from happening, correct?” he gave her a look that dared her to say he was wrong about it.

“Well, basically.” Lizzie shrugged, wishing he wasn’t such a good guess at times, not even thinking of the alternative option.

“How very like you, Elizabeth. Tea?” he offered with a knowing look upon his face.

Her face brightened a touch and she let him help her out of her coat. “Please.”

Turning to an assistant, he gave her the coat and asked for a tea tray to be brought in. The he ushered Lizzie into his office, closing the door firmly behind him. It was an old fashioned room with wood panels, a colossal desk and green leather seats. Medical certificates filled one wall and two others were lined with books, interesting oddments and a skull giving it a rather Victorian look.

“So, how have your headaches been, Elizabeth? Any improvement?” he picked up a pen and sat behind his desk with it poised over a notebook in readiness. Lizzie took a seat on one of the surprisingly comfortable high-backed chairs in front of the desk and sat for a moment as she thought that through.

“Yes, well really it changes a lot I suppose, but I’ve only had about two since I was last here,” she crossed her legs at the knee and inspected her nails. “It always depends on the variables, or it did when I was younger, but as I’m getting more in control of things, things that effected me when I was younger, don‘t so much nowadays.”

“Is that so?” Martin made a note. “Well, you’re certainly making progress there, Elizabeth,” he paused as the tea was brought in and waited until they both had a cup before continuing.

“You really are coming on incredibly since I first met you. Your headaches are now just about fully under control.”

“Really?” she smiled. “Do you think so? I mean, just because I’ve not had awfully many since seeing you last, that could just be…I don’t know, a quiet patch.”

“I don’t really see why, seeing as you’ve been incredibly busy in that period, so would be more prone to them. Personally, I feel you’ve made progress in that area. Now, how about the other areas…?”
Appointment and assessments over and done with, Lizzie was given top marks and sent on her way with a few more jokes about her being a vigilante and where her mask and cape was. On leaving, Martin also pointed out that as trouble seemed to follow her she should see about getting a restraining order. That is, if she wanted a quiet life, to which she passed on as it wasn’t in her genes to live a quiet, normal, very boring life. She’d go insane for real.

Thankfully there were no more crimes to be thwarted on the way home and nothing to, in or from the supermarket, though she did crash the trolley into a large display of wine and get several funny looks.

The next day passed, relatively normally. Nothing out of the ordinary happened, no aliens landed, no giant cats attacked the city and no sea monster turned up in the Thames having taken a wrong turning.

The, well, trouble remembered it had a crush on Lizzie.

She was walking down the street, when someone decided they were going to steal her bag. More fool them.

Lizzie easily let go of the bag and even more easily gave them a roundhouse kick to the head. Not exactly dignified in a skirt, but revenge was too sweet. The man crumpled. “Ow! Bitch!” he yelped from his puddle on the pavement.

“Give me back my bag!” Lizzie yelled loudly and swept his legs out from under him as he tried to get up. She grabbed her bag from him and landed a punch on his nose with her free hand. By now a small crowd had gathered, all rather interested by the posh looking skinny girl giving the chav a total hammering. The young man struggled to his feet and swiped at her, but she grabbed his arm and gave it a tug and a twist and brought her foot down on his instep, hard.

“FUCK! Stopit! You’ve got your fuckin bag back!” he whined and tried to very lamely hit out at her, only to be blocked each time. The crowd was getting louder and more amused and vocal about the free street entertainment before them.

Lizzie took one more swipe and jumped back a step. “Now are you going to be pinching any more bags any time soon?” she yelled, holding her fists up.

A hand fell on her shoulder. “What’s going on here then?” Over the other side of the street, just above the heads of the crowd, she could make out a shiny blue light and the crackle of radios.

Police. Oh happy days.
“You’re unbelievable Liz.” James pinched the bridge of his nose as he tried to take in the fact she’d just been dropped home by a police car.

“What? I didn’t get charged! They just waned me about excessive force!”

“Even so! You should know that yourself!” James groaned and headed for the kettle. “Want one? What am I even asking you for…Of course you do.” Pulling out two mugs he filled the kettle with water and set it to boil.

“Um. Don’t tell Warren?” Lizzie asked with a pleading look.

James just gave her a look and shook his head disbelievingly. “Is that a joke?”

“No! I’d rather tell him, as you’d only make it sound worse than it is!” she protested and got out the milk. “Then he won’t let me out of his sight for the rest of the holidays. And, well, while that might be tempting in some respects -”

“There’s some things a brother doesn’t want to hear so get on with the point.” James interjected hurriedly and started to make the tea.

“Alright, alright!” Lizzie grabbed her cup. “Well, yeah, we both have lives so it’d get a little tiresome. That’s all I was going to say! Even before you so rudely interrupted me.”

“Fine. You tell him. It won’t sound so bad if you put it your way.”

Wrapping her hands around her cup, she glowered slightly at him. “Fine. When I get round to it I’ll mention it,” she said shiftily. James gave her a warning glance but didn’t say any more on the matter. They drank their tea with only the radio on in the background as accompaniment.

After a few minutes, James put his cup down. “So how did the appointment go? Everything aright there?”

Lizzie nodded and got up for some biscuits. “Fine. I’m making progress apparently, which is good and a nice change too.”

“I bet. So do you have any more before college starts again?”

Shaking her head, she settled back down with the biscuits and took one, passing the packet to James across the table. He took one and broke it in half, dipping one half in his tea.

“That’s something.”

“Yeah. I don’t have to go back in until I’m over next, though I do have to keep in touch now and then, but nothing severely set in stone.”

“Oh that’s good. Took long enough though, eh?” he said jokingly and stole another biscuit.

“Only about seven years,” Lizzie made a face. “Though it’s mainly due to being at Xaviers.”

“Well, of course, but a little extra doesn’t harm, right?”

“Not at all,” she said decisively and finished her tea and started to tidy the table.

James finished his biscuit and went to make more tea. “Now…Are you going to tell Warren yet, or shall I…?”
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

I'm missing Warren.
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator

Post by littlebamf »

Lizzie scowled, pulled a face at James who had pretty much thrown her up the staircase. I'm going I'm going... she growled in her head and made her way up to her bedroom and pushed the door open. "Wings? You in here?" she peeked around, then through to the adjoining study.

* TheFallen called from the study, "In here."

He smiled darkly and closed the book he had been reading. He had seen the police car outside; this was sure to be an interesting conversation.

Lizzie gave him an innocent enough grin and crossed the room, sliding into his lap. "Missed you today," she said and gave him a light kiss. "How have you been?"

Warren grinned slightly in return. "I've been well." As well as he ever was, at least.

"And I've been keeping out of trouble. Which, it appears, is more than can be said for you?" He raised an eyebrow archly.

Sighing, she got up and seated herself on the desk. "Okay. Wasn't quite what it looked like," she made a face. "Some little runt tried to steal my bag...So I gave him a hammering..."

"I got let off with a warning about not being so...Over the top again! That's all, honest! It wouldn't have been so bad if it hadn't been the same pair who came when I stopped someone stealing a bag at the tube station..." Lizzie muttered and blushed a little.

* TheFallen covered his mouth with his hand before a chuckle could escape. "Temper, temper," he mock-admonished her, shaking a finger.

She gave him a wide eyed look. "Temper? Now if I'd lost my temper you'd be bailing me out, love."

Stretching her leg out, she rubbed her foot along his thigh. "Anyway I'm staying out of trouble for the next few days at least as I don't have anything to do."

Warren smirked. "You'll stay out of trouble? Now, I have some trouble believing that."

"Not that that's a problem for me." He chuckled. "I do enjoy being there to bail you out when you get in over your head."

"I'll be staying out of trouble, unless it's trouble you get me in to," Lizzie raised an eyebrow. "And you enjoy getting me out of trouble as you know what you're going to get for it." She arched her foot a little so only her toes were on his leg, trailing them a little higher.

* TheFallen quirked an eyebrow. "Indeed."

He sighed. "Well, I'm open to any suggestions as to trouble I can get you into. I could use some myself; my life has been perfectly mundane as of late. How long has it been since something's blown up?"

"Well. Fran blew her hairdryer up last week but I think you were out," Lizzie shrugged and kept up her toes movements. "What do you want to blow up?"

Warren chuckled. "Well, maybe that's the problem. I've had no provocation."

Lizzie put her other foot in his lap, stilling them both, and sighed. "Isn't that sort of a good thing, though? I mean, I know you don't want a boring life but...At least it's better that way, right? You'll find something to do. Even if we have to chase up my errant twin."

* TheFallen nodded, sobering slightly, and tapped the desk a few times. "I suppose so."

"It just makes you wonder, though... I don't know. If you made the right choices."

Lizzie shifted, a little uncomfortably. "Right choices about what?"

"I don't know. About joining the X-Men, or supporting the University more. I'm not saying we did anything wrong. It just might have been more interesting had it turned out differently."

"What...You mean, like if we'd left and done our own thing? I always do my own thing pretty much anyway."

Warren shrugged. "I guess it's... more that I'm doing my own thing, when I need to be more involved. I mean, almost no one ever even sees me anymore other than you. I might as well not even be a student for all most people know."

Lizzie gave him a sympathetic look and slid across, snuggling in his lap again. "C'mon now. You do what you do because it's what you want. Don't have all these regrets about what you've done...If you want it to be different then...Get involved? Is that what you're saying you want? I love you and I always will, no matter how involved you are or not."

"It's not like it's easy for you to be sociable, I know that. And that's okay, it's understabable."

* TheFallen looked away briefly. "To an extent." He sighed. "Anyway, you're enjoying what you're doing, and I think that's great."

Hanging her head she bit her lip. "I'm sorry. I've just been...Carried away with things this holiday and I haven't spent enough time with you. And I don't always enjoy what I do all of the time, I'm just good at it. That's all..."

Warren lifted her chin. "Hey. I wasn't saying that I haven't been, or that you haven't been there. You have. And you've still managed to do everything else; it doesn't bring you down. I do think that's great."

"Still..." Lizzie sighed, enjoying the feel of his hand on her face. "Let's do something before we go back, prehaps? Or howabout we do nothing at all for a change? That can sometimes be fun."

* TheFallen nodded slightly. "Can be."

He thought for a moment. "You know, this vast, 'stuffy' English house hasn't been regaled with a monster movie in quite a while."

"Mmm?" she propped her head on his shoulder. "Well most of my DVDs are at the school being pilfered by Rae right now, though we could see what we do have here. Or go to the rental place."

"Well, James has a good library, but it might not include the latest in monster movies. Can you afford to be seen in a rental store, Lady Elizabeth?" Warren grinned impishly.

"Only if you come with me. We can go to one right in the public eye and get photograpphed snogging. Mother would die."

* TheFallen grinned and helped her off him, getting up himself. "Sounds like a plan to me."

Pausing for a second she took hold of his hand as she crossed the room, then let it go. "Before we go to doing nothing you - you do want to come back to school, right? I know I ask this all the time but if you don't want to then...Don't feel you have to, because I will be. James wouldn't mind you living here and I'd be back over all the time to see you..."

Warren shook his head. "No, I'll come too. If I get too tired of the University, I can always go see Ray. But I don't want to be in another country."

He raised an eyebrow archly. "Heaven knows it'd make it hard to bail you out of jail every once in a while."

Her smile brightened a bit. "Okay. Sure? You don't mind so much? Well, let me get some shoes and my bag. Well, can you take your wallet in your pocket? I don't want another bag incident."

* TheFallen smirked. "I should think not."
wingyding
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by wingyding »

D'aw, Warren is sweet with Liz. Is he always that collected?
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

awwwww.... I've missed Warren/Lizzie
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator