Christmas 2008: Lorna and Bobby

Check out what goes on between semesters here!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Lorna: Lorna laughed, making sure that she didn't have leftover muffin to spray as she did. "Yeah, Daddy's reaction to the tattoo was priceless. I think he would have wibbled less if it had been the Yoda one to be honest but he's okay with it now."

Lorna: Lorna leaned forward against the kitchen island, sliding her cell phone closer to her face. "I wish you had been here to see it though. You would have gotten a kick out of it."

Bobby: Bobby grinned, shifting the phone to his other ear and balancing it on his shoulder. "Sounds fantastic. Y'know it almost makes me wish I'd gotten one, just to see the reaction from my parents."

Bobby: "Almost." He clicked a button on his laptop and kicked back, balancing his chair on two legs. "Yeah, wish I couldda been there too."

Lorna: "Not quite, eh? Glad I didn't buy you one for Christmas then." Lorna smirked a bit. "Although that pretty pink heart with Lorna written across it would have been classy."

Lorna: "You wouldn't have been able to sit for a while though and that would have made me sad." Lorna swallowed a giggle and cleared her throat. "I wouldn't want to have my sweetcheek's cheeks too sore. I miss them too much already."

Bobby: "Ha! Oh yeah, that's all class, babe. But pink is more Remy's style. Now green, that's a color with class." He paused, staring at the screen for a moment and then frowning and typing quietly.

Bobby: "I'd be cranky if they were sore," he answered distractedly, then realized what she'd said and sat back, smiling. "Hmm. I can't pinpoint a specific part of you I miss, so it must be all of you."

Lorna: "Well then we'll just have to fix that sometime won't we?" Lorna picked at her muffin before speaking again. "And you're probably right on the color. I think you would lose a good bit of your dignity having a pink doodle on your toosh."

Bobby: "There's that invisible dignity of mine again," he chuckled, hearing his mom bustle down the hall outside and praying she didn't decide to stop by and say 'hi' and say anything embarrassing. "Yeah, about that.... the visiting? I don't know when I'm going to be able to come out."

Lorna: "It's there." Lorna chuckled and shook her head. "Think of it as 'quiet strength' if it'll make you feel better."

Lorna: Lorna couldn't help but frown a bit at the visiting uncertainty but kept it out of her voice. "You know you can show up anytime. I imagine your mother will want to keep you until you swear you'll take plenty of pictures at least."

Bobby: Bobby ran his hand through his hair, chair legs hitting the floor with a thump. "Well, that's sort of it. Mom's sister and my cousins are supposed to be coming sometime, but she's not sure when yet. She really wants me here when they come though." He clicked his mouse again.

Lorna: "Ah well that'll be fun. It'll give Dad time to set up his video cameras in the hall to make sure you never go near my room." Lorna couldn't help giggling a bit. "Seriously though, enjoy the family. You don't get to pick on your cousins year round."

Bobby: "Video cameras, eh?" Bobby laughed a little nervously at that. Maybe this wasn't such a good idea. "He does know we sort of live at the same school most of the year, right?"

Lorna: "Forgive him his delusions. I think he's convinced himself that there's some sort of fancy moat separating our halls that may or may not have crocodiles swimming in it."

Lorna: Lorna peered around the edge of the counter to make sure her father was still absorbed into singing along with the radio in the living room. "He's not going to go that far though. I don't think he's that paranoid."

Bobby: "Um. Okay, good to know." Bobby made a mental note to sound really innocent when he called Geoffrey back. "Well, whenever mom unchains me from the wall, I'll let you know... but I'm still not sure when that'll be."

Bobby: He decided to lay it on thick. "If nothing else, I promise your present won't spoil before we get back to school. We can always have Christmas in January."

Lorna: "Yeah, I'm pretty sure your gift isn't prone to growing fungus. We'll be fine." Lorna glanced back into the living room, eyeing the package in question.

Lorna: "You be a good boy for your mother. Or else she'll tell your cousins all sorts of embarrassing things about you."

Bobby: "Awesome. Though, you never know, a little fungus can be an interesting thing." Bobby clicked the mouse one last time, confirming his reservation. "You know me, I'm always a good boy. Speaking of mom, she needed me to move some boxes for her. I'll talk to you later?"

Lorna: "Of course. I should probably go help dad with something anyway. At least I assume there's something that should be done while he's in the living room lip-syncing to the radio."

Lorna: Lorna smiled and slipped down from the stool she had been sitting on. "Love you, talk to you soon."

Bobby: "Yeah, tell dad hi for me," he laughed. "I love you too. Bye."

Bobby: The connection ended and he clicked off the cordless phone. Bobby smiled to himself and clicked the print icon, getting up to finish packing his duffel bag.

[Edited on 5-11-2007 by Slarti]
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Aww. Damn I love this couple so much. Love the cute sheer normalness of that convo.

Paws
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

D'awww
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

oooooh, Bobby's up to something :shifty
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Slarti »

Well, of course he is. It's Bobby. ;)
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Slarti »

Geoffrey: Geoffrey eyed the clock on his cell phone for about the fifth time since he and Lorna had sat down to watch Young Frankenstein. He tried to quickly tuck it back in his pocket without alerting Lorna on her side of the sofa.

Lorna: "Expecting a call?" Lorna raised her head up from the sofa arm with a yawn, turning to look at her father.

Geoffrey: "Er, no. It's just shiny and new." Geoffrey danced the phone back and forth to show off the phone and distract her from being curious.

Lorna: "Hee, yeah. Shiny and new." Lorna plopped her head back down and stole the blanket off of the sofa's back.

Bobby: Bobby looked up as the cab rolled to a halt. Wrapping a present in the back seat of a smelly Crown Vic was not fun, he'd discovered. Damn airline no-wrapping rules. He paid the cranky cabbie when he simply pointed at the fare, debating what language the guy had spoken.

Bobby: Getting out of the car and shouldering his bag, he stashed the present. "Um, yeah, thanks and happy Chrisma-hanu-kwanzika..."

Geoffrey: Geoffrey attempted to craftily look out of the window, thinking that he had seen a car go by. "I think we're in desperate popcorn refill needs. I'll be right back."

Lorna: "Sure? Your favourite part is coming up." Lorna reached for the remote to pause the movie.

Geoffrey: "Don't worry about that. I can sing along to Putting on the Ritz from the kitchen just as well as I can in here."

Lorna: "So horribly?"

Geoffrey: "Exactly, kiddo." Geoffrey ruffled her hair and stole away into the kitchen, stealing a better look outside as he went.

Bobby: Geoffrey had suggested for deep stealth, and, Bobby suspected, to force a little extra physical effort from him, that he tell the cabbie to stop a block shy of their house.

Bobby: So, Bobby read off the addresses on the modern suburban homes, looking for the right one. "2408, 2410, 2412..." He stopped and squinted, noticing the flickering light of a television on in the living room. Score.

Bobby: Ducking out of sight, he flipped open his phone and hit Lorna's speed dial.

Geoffrey: Geoffrey smirked to himself as he saw a figure walking up the sidewalk and hurried to busy himself in the kitchen.

Lorna: Lorna let out a whine as her phone began to ring until she recognized that the phone was playing Rock Lobster. "Woo!" Lorna grabbed the phone off of the coffee table. "Hello?"

Bobby: "Hey! It's me - well, obviously." Bobby ran his hand through his hair and shifted his duffel bag higher on his shoulder. "What'cha up to?" He leaned against the side of the house, hoping the television volume was up high enough to mask his voice from inside.

Lorna: "Hey Bobby, not much really. Dad and I are just lounging around watching Young Frankenstein." Lorna settled back down on the sofa. "What about you? What are you up to?"

Bobby: "Wicked! That's a classic. Though not so much as a Christmas movie," he chuckled.

Bobby: "Oh, well... that's what I was calling about." He put on a sad voice, almost feeling bad about teasing her like this. "My parents have had a change of plans."

Lorna: "...awww." Lorna's pout was audible. "Sad. Are they at least fun plans?"

Bobby: "Not really," he sighed. "They decided to actually just go visit my mom's sister." Which, they had. He just wasn't going with them.

Bobby: Bobby crept around to the front door and pressed the doorbell. "I'm really sorry, I was looking forward to seeing you. I miss you."

Lorna: "I miss you too. I guess we'll just have to kidnap you for the summer. I'll call you back okay? Someone's at the door." Lorna got up from the sofa, keeping the blanket and made her way to the door.

Bobby: "Okay, I'll talk to you in a minute." Bobby flipped his phone closed and grinned. He heard a lock click and the door opened. "It's handy when your kidnappee just shows up on his own, isn't it?"

Lorna: Lorna blinked as she took a moment to register Bobby in her doorway and also click her own phone closed. "...Oh you ass!" Lorna play-punched his arm before pulling him inside with a hug.

Lorna: Lorna couldn't help but laugh. "This was your plan all along wasn't it?"

Bobby: "Ouch! Hey, if this is the abuse I get..." Bobby laughed and set his bag down to hug her, sneaking a kiss to her temple. "Well... I had some help." He looked around for Geoffrey.

Geoffrey: Geoffrey leaned against the kitchen doorframe, munching on the popcorn, and gave Bobby a wave once they made eye contact.

Lorna: "Aw, I'm so glad you could make it." Lorna stole a proper kiss.

Bobby: "So am I, Dee," he said, breaking off the kiss and instead nuzzling her hair. Dad was watching! Dad was bigger than him. Dad was dad. ...dad still scared him.

Bobby: He waved at dad. "Hi, Mr. Dane. Merry Christmas."

Geoffrey: "Merry Christmas to you too, Otter Pop." Geoffrey smirked. The kid might have royally screwed up earlier this year but Geoffrey still found him oddly amusing.

Lorna: "Come on, I'll show you to your room." Lorna couldn't help but pull Bobby along excitedly.

Bobby: "Okay," he laughed. Bobby grabbed his bag and smiled innocently at Scary Dad as she tugged him along. He'd have to check for those cameras later.

Bobby: He followed her down a hall, suddenly nervous about being here. About what he'd gotten her... about everything.

[Edited on 5-11-2007 by Slarti]
wingyding
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Dusty Bits

Post by wingyding »

AWWWWWW! *melts* It's too cute!
Neither Love nor Evil conquers all, but Evil cheats more.
Important Lessons Learned from the X-Men: Never give indestructible metal claws to something that doesn't die when you shoot it in the head.
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

awwww...Bobby can be sneaky for good :P
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

Post by Starfish »

*dies of cute* :X

D'Awwwww, sneaky sweetness, that's so cute. Moar! Nao!
"The secondary penis slides into view. And they all lived happily ever after."
Kieron Gillen
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Slarti »

Bobby: The time 12:01 flashed on the nightstand clock. That's it. Bobby threw back the covers and stealthily made his way to the door of the guest bedroom.

Bobby: The door didn't creak, thankfully, and Bobby wondered if he should have packed baby powder or something to puff across the hall -- just in case Lorna's dad had installed lasers.

Bobby: Deciding he was being silly, he padded on bare feet to Lorna's door... though he did look around for any tell-tale red record lights and made sure Dad's snoring kept on at a reasonable pace.

Bobby: Once he was at her room however, he had to make some noise. He didn't want to just barge in. "Hey... Dee... are you awake?" He knocked softly.

Lorna: Lorna grunted softly and turned over in her bed to face the door, somewhat awake but for the most part still very much wrapped up in her snuggly blanket and not really thinking of leaving it anytime soon. "Bwa?"

Lorna: Lorna forced her hand to come and rub one eye and struggled to reach out and flick on her lamp.

Bobby: Bobby heard a response from inside and was relieved he wouldn't have to make even more noise. He opened her door quietly and almost yelped at the sudden light. "Holy-"

Bobby: He stifled himself and closed her door behind him to cut off the light spill into the hall. She looked ridiculously cute struggling with her blanket -- all messy hair and confused, sleepy expression. He crouched by her bed and smiled. "Merry Christmas."

Lorna: "Oh, sorry." Lorna sat up better and gave him a grin as she came more to the waking world. "Merry Christmas." Lorna gave him a peck on the cheek. "Heh, you know if we're still awake Santa will just skip right by us naughty kids."

Lorna: Lorna grinned and curled her legs up under her, patting the bit of bed beside her.

Bobby: "Hey, but coal in your stocking is actually a pretty valuable commodity. You can always resell it." Bobby slid onto the bed and wrapped an arm around her shoulders, kissing her cheek.

Bobby: He leaned forward and met her eyes before kissing her lips, free hand trailing over her hair.

Bobby: "Hmm. I somehow think I better stop that," he said, pulling back and glancing at her closed door. "I already braved the sophisticated hall surveillance system. I can just imagine a kiss alarm going off in your dad's room now."

Lorna: Lorna laughed, shaking her head. "I'm pretty sure that dad could sleep through any kind of alarm even if he had booby trapped my lips."

Lorna: "But you're a brave soul. Daring the dangerous halls and all for me? I think that was a well deserved kiss right there."

Bobby: "He was sawing some pretty good logs when I belly-crawled past his door." He winked.

Bobby: "But, it's Christmas morning, like, officially! I though maybe we could exchange gifts... you know... just the two of us?"

Lorna: "Awww." Lorna stole another quick kiss, spy paranoia bedamned, and grinned at him. "Now that's sweet."

Lorna: "I'm afraid we might have to use our sneaky skills again. Your gift is downstairs under the tree..." Lorna chewed on her lip, thinking.

Bobby: "Well, we may not be on the infiltration team, but I think we can handle that." He grinned, planting a kiss on her nose before getting up and offering her a hand.

Lorna: "I think we can at that." Lorna nodded and took his hand, easing up out of bed and turning off her light before they were to sneak out.

Bobby: They sneaked out her door and down the hall, stifling laughter like kids and glancing at her father's closed bedroom door. Bobby was very aware of her hand in his, and the weight of the jewelry box in the pocket of his pajama pants.

Lorna: Lorna snatched the blue wrapped package out from behind the tree and gave it a careful, teasing shake at Bobby. "Think we should risk the trip back up the stairs?" Lorna whispered a bit cheesily.

Bobby: "Naah, third time by his door is when I'd get my ass caught and kicked," he whispered back, settling on the floor beside the tree. The light from outside filtered through the window, illuminating the room.

Lorna: "Well I would at least keep him from kicking your ass. It's Christmas after all." Lorna smirked and settled down across from him, holding the package out to him once she was settled.

Bobby: "Awww, thanks! Yes, an ass-kicking would be against the spirit of the season." He accepted the package, fishing in his pocket for her gift.

Bobby: He set the package -- that he'd rewrapped since the cab wrapping looked like he'd done it drunk -- in her hand. "Um, that requires a little explanation after you open it." He cleared his throat, his stomach suddenly dropping.

Lorna: "Oh, okay. I guess your's is pretty self-explanitory." Lorna wanted to laugh at herself. Why on earth was this suddenly awkward? Lorna decided to take the initiative in regaining her nerves and stole a quick kiss before starting to open the gift.

Lorna: "Oh, wow." Lorna's face split into a grin once the box was open. "They're beautiful."

Bobby: "You like them? Awesome!" Bobby looked up from unwrapping his own gift, grinning. "Um, I'll help you try it on in a sec...i-if you want..."

Bobby: He worked the lid off the box and laughed at the contents. "Ha!" He glanced back toward her dad's room and lowered his voice, lifting the tuxedoed James Bond figure out and nearly dropping the wrist watch wrapped around it. "Cool! Roger Moore!"

Lorna: "Heh, I suppose I really should have warned you considering we're supposed to be all stealthy right now." Lorna tried to laugh quietly. "I just couldn't settle on a gift that just screamed you until I saw that little guy looking out at me from the collectibles store."

Lorna: Lorna carefully lifted the choker out of its box so she could have a closer look at the cameo. "This really is beautiful. Where on earth did you find it?"

Bobby: "Thanks, Lorna. They're awesome." Bobby wondered if the watch shot poison gas Q-style before he was distracted by more important matters. He placed the giflts back in the box and scooted over to her. After she'd gotten a look at the necklace he took it from her and unclasped the chain, realizing the butterflies were back in his guts.

Bobby: He licked his lips. "Well, this was my grandma's.... um, she never had a daughter or granddaughter to give it to, so she gave it to me. She told me to give it to somebody special... a girl she would have liked to have as a granddaughter."

Lorna: "Oh...wow, I..." Apparently cannot talk. Lorna cleared her throat and tried again. "Thank you so much, Bobby. This is fantastic."

Lorna: Lorna grinned back at him once he had it clasped on. "Really fantastic." Lorna leaned over and gave him a kiss.

Bobby: Bobby returned the kiss, so happy she was happy he could care less if her dad swooped down from the ceiling right now.

Bobby: Finally he broke the kiss, clearing his throat. "And, ah, since I didn't technically pay for the necklace, I got the bracelet too." He picked the delicate silver chain from the box. "The dude at the jewelry store said it matched."

Lorna: "And it matches great." Lorna grinned and gave Bobby her wrist, slightly amused about being all glammed out while she was still in her pajamas.

Lorna: "You know, a girl could get used to all this spoiling." Lorna laughed quietly.

Bobby: "Well, that's good," he chuckled, fastening her bracelet and reaching over to snag his own new watch and put it on.

Bobby: "Look at us -- all dressed up and nowhere to go, other than back to bed."

Lorna: "Aw, now I don't want to go back to bed." Lorna gave a fake pout which quickly turned back into her grin.

Bobby: "No, me neither," Bobby grinned, then got an idea. He felt for the switch that turned on the Christmas tree and flipped it.

Bobby: He snagged the blanket from the back of the sofa and settled it around her shoulders, returning to his spot by her side. "So, I say we don't."

Lorna: "Well, you're just full of good ideas tonight, aren't you?" Lorna lifted up the blanket on the side closest to Bobby and flung it around his shoulders as well.

Lorna: "There. Perfect."
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

awwwwwwwwwwww!!!! :*)
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator
Title: Sometimes the bark isn\'t worse than the bite

Post by littlebamf »

Oh so cute! :D
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

maaan. These two are cute enough to make you cry syrup. :)

Paws
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

Post by Starfish »

Woohoo! Geek cuteness, activate! :D
"The secondary penis slides into view. And they all lived happily ever after."
Kieron Gillen
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Slarti »

Lorna: Lorna twirled her champagne around in its glass, looking more than slightly bored as she leaned against the wall by a rather ugly plastic fern. "I'm sorry we had to come here. Promise we won't have to stay long though." Lorna's eyes shifted towards the other party-goers. "You can't tell right now but my grandmother's friends are actually entertaining after they've got a few drinks in them."

Bobby: "It's cool," he replied with a shrug, taking a sip of his own drink. Bobby straightened the collar of his button-down shirt and eyed the small crowd.

Bobby: "Oh, they're a little entertaining already," he said, quickly looking away when one of the older women noticed his accidental eye contact and smiled at him broadly. Gah. "And I think that one might already have had a few in her."

Lorna: Lorna giggled and patted Bobby's back. "I'm so sorry."

Lorna: Lorna let out her breath and stood up from the wall. "Do you feel that you can fend off your hoard of adoring older women long enough for me to go to the bathroom? I don't want to abandon you to them."

Bobby: "I think I can manage, babe," he winked. "And if not, I'll spray her with knock-out gas and call for back-up." Bobby waggled his wrist at her, the new watch rattling a little.

Lorna: "Ah, you're so brave, Mr. Bond." Lorna gave him a quick kiss. "Just watch yourself if they start a conga line. I've heard they can get pretty handsy."

Lorna: Lorna gave his hand a quick squeeze before slipping on down the hall, quickly as to not leave him alone with her grandmother's friends for too terribly long.

Bobby: Bobby watched her until she disappeared from sight, and took another drink of champagne. He'd been surprised no one had balked at them drinking, but then it was New Year's Eve.

Bobby: The woman smiled at him again on her way past to get another drink. Then again, maybe the old farts just want to get us both drunk. Visions of those handsy conga lines made him chuckle to himself.

Regina: Regina handed her jacket to a man she vaguely remembered being her mother's old accountant and stepped on into the room, scooping up a glass of champagne as she came in. They just keep getting older. You would think more of them would be dead by now. Regina sighed and took a drink. She never did like her dutiful visit to the old crone but it wouldn't do to get removed from the will this late in the game.

Regina: Regina's narrowed eyes landed on someone that was below the age of 70...as a matter of fact was a good deal younger than herself. Oh dear, one of the old women brought a child husband. This should be entertaining at least. Regina smirked and sauntered towards the young man.

Bobby: Why do women take so long in the bathroom? Bored and contemplating watering the plastic plant beside him with the rest of the champagne, Bobby at first didn't notice someone had came up near him.

Bobby: He looked up, quickly taking another drink to cover his little plan to entertain himself. "Oh, hi," he said. This woman was younger than most of the guests here, and somehow looked somewhat familiar. "Didn't see you there."

Regina: "That's a pity. I had always prided myself on commanding a good deal of attention." Regina arched an overplucked eyebrow. "I can't say as I have seen you around before however. This isn't the sort of crowd that usually sees new faces unless they've been surgically rejuvinated."

Bobby: "No, I'm afraid this is my first time here." Bobby barely stifled a laugh. Wow, another one, but at least she was funny.

Bobby: "It's a nice party though. Happy New Year, by the way." He smiled a little, deciding to make nice until Lorna returned. "I'm Bobby."

Regina: "Bobby. What a ... quaint name. Happy New Year, Bobby. I am Regina." Regina raised her glass to him and drank. He wasn't the most thrilling company she'd had in a while, but at least he wasn't going to smell of old man anytime soon.

Bobby: "Yeah, well, I blame my parents. It's that or Robert." He returned her gesture, smirking over the rim of his glass and nodding toward an ancient bald man talking loudly to another guest. "Always struck me as an old guy's name. Maybe he's a Robert."

Bobby: "Anyway, nice to meet you, Regina." Her name just made him think of vacuum cleaners, which gave him all sorts of unpleasant mental images.

Regina: "Nice to meet you as well, Robert." Regina glanced around for her mother, hoping to put in her appearance and get out quickly only she spotted her talking with Geoffrey first. "Oh lord, he's here. God only knows what he brought with him."

Bobby: Bobby frowned a little and followed her line of sight. She had to be looking at Lorna's dad. The hell? "Geoffrey?" He blurted, unfortunately realizing at the same time why she looked familiar and where he had heard the name 'Regina' before. Oh, fuck.

Regina: "Oh you know the bumpkin? Let me give you a bit of advice, Robert. Never marry someone you pity." Regina leaned over her glass-hand as to talk behind it better.

Regina: "Him and the crotch dropping have to be in the top ten of my life's mistakes to be swept under the rug, let me tell you."

Bobby: Bobby instantly went from feeling a little embarrassed to pissed, knuckles white against the helpless glass. So this was Lorna's mom. The mom he'd heard about. Mom, Bobby was not scared of.

Bobby: Don't say anything stu-- "You know, congrats, that's got the be the single bitchiest thing I've ever heard anyone say about their own kid." Whoops.

Regina: Regina blinked, slightly taken aback and not used to being spoken to in such a manner at all. "...why thank you." Regina narrowed her eyes again. "I take it you would be one of the things my old alimony check brought with him then." Regina's tone soured quite quickly.

Bobby: "Yup, afraid so." Bobby glanced down the hall, thankful Lorna was taking forever in the bathroom. "I'll introduce myself again then, Gina. I'm Lorna's boyfriend, Bobby."

Bobby: "Why don't we just pretend that little conversation we had didn't happen, and have a nice New Year's?" Seeing her mom would already not make for a happy New Year for Lorna, but he'd be damned if this bitch completely ruined their night.

Regina: "Boooyfriend." Regina's tone switched from sour to playful. Oh this was just the kind of entertainment she needed. "Well I guess she must put out because at first glance I would have said that you're far too decent for her to have landed and kept. I'm sure there're a few more things wrong with you than being a bit quaint and plain though."

Regina: Regina laughed a rather high laugh and patted Bobby's arm. "Oh dear, now I am amused."

Lorna: Lorna stopped in the hall. She knew that laugh.

Bobby: Bobby took a step away from her. "Well, I'm glad you think the whole thing is so damn funny, lady. Personally, I can't imagine how you sleep at night." He took a deep breath, trying to calm down, but it wasn't helping. He could see why this woman upset Lorna so. "Lorna's your daughter -- your family -- for fuck's sake."

Regina: Regina had to wipe her eyes. Laughing that hard was going to make her mascara run but it was well worth it. "D'aww, and you get all indignant too. She must be better than I would have guessed too. Either that or you enjoy damp, green jungles."

Lorna: Lorna walked around the corner and saw what she had been fearing; Bobby at her mother's mercies. "Ah, mother."

Regina: Regina laughed harder once she caught sight of Lorna. "Lorna, dear. Have you used that Brazillian wax gift card I gave you last time you were in Seattle or are you saving it for a special couple's time?"

Lorna: Oh, sweet Jesus.

Bobby: Bobby took a break from grinding his teeth when he heard Lorna's voice. "H-hey, Dee," he tried a smile at her and slid his arm protectively around her waist. "Yeah, I just had the pleasure of meeting your mom." He really didn't want to guess how much of that she'd heard. Brazillian wax?

Regina: "Yes, it has been an absolute lark. I don't know how you've landed this one but I suggest you keep your claws in him, dearie. Lord knows you can't do much better."

Lorna: "You're right about one thing at least." Lorna put her arm around Bobby and smirked.

Regina: "Yes, perhaps you should look into possibly seeing if you release pheremones. It's the only thing I could think of to explain this. Well, happy New Year's, children. I'm going to get out of this hellhole before I have to speak to your socially inept father."

Bobby: "Yeah, it was just awesome to meet you, Mom," he smirked as she turned to go.

Regina: "Oh the same. The same." Regina sauntered off, giggling to herself.

Lorna: "...Oh God, I'm so sorry."

Bobby: Bobby waved away her apology. "Pfft, don't feel sorry for me, at least she took care of my boredom." He tightened his hold on her, giving her a quick kiss. Bobby had really never wanted to punch a woman in his life... but he might make an exception for Regina.

Lorna: "Well she's entertaining if anything." Lorna gave Bobby another quick kiss. "I think you meeting her is enough trauma for one night though. I say we go get Dad and demand an early exit."

Bobby: "I think that's a good idea. I've had enough excitement for the year." He grinned and tried to down the rest of his champagne, stopping and staring at it when he realised it was frozen. Temper, temper, Drake. "Oops."

Lorna: "Eh, just put it in the plant. The fake dirt could use it for dusting." Lorna flashed Bobby a smile, dumping the rest of her champagne out in the pot.

Bobby: Wow. Great minds... Bobby laughed and tossed the champagne cube into the pot. "All right, let's go corral your dad and make a date to watch Ryan Seacrest and his amazing dropping ball."

[Edited on 8-11-2007 by Slarti]
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

LOL
Ryan Seacrest's ball!
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

Wow what a bitch!!
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
wingyding
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Dusty Bits

Post by wingyding »

seconded. Lorna's mom is the queen bitch, man. I pity her.
Neither Love nor Evil conquers all, but Evil cheats more.
Important Lessons Learned from the X-Men: Never give indestructible metal claws to something that doesn't die when you shoot it in the head.
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Lorna's mom is bitchier than Andy's :shifty
Feuerstein
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Feuerstein »

GREAT you guys! I might have to become a Bobby/Lorna fan canonically as well ;D
Steyn: Oh sweety, no, the elvis boys are across the street at the wolverine forum
Tessa: LMAO
Steyn: here we do Paul Young