Christmas 2008: Meggan

Check out what goes on between semesters here!
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

Christmas 2008: Meggan

Post by Svartfreja »

Meggan: Meggan sighed and picked Dylan up again. He'd been crying almost non-stop since Sian and Mark had gone out with Alex. She tried everything to calm him down. Offered him food, changed him, paid him attention, played with him, bounced him on her knee. Nothing was working.

Meggan: She held him up and looked at him, "Why do you keep crying?" she chewed her lip, pulling him close to her and giving him cuddles, "I wish I knew what was wrong with you.... I miss my empathy..." She looked at the clock on the wall. "Don't worry Mommy and Daddy will be back soon...." she hoped.

Alex: Alex came through the entrance which Mark held open for him, since he was loaded like a mule. Shopping with Meggie's parents was hard work, but he had enjoyed it.

Alex: He hadn't told them, especially Meggan, about...well, that thing, but ever since it was over he had been a bit more confident, a bit more self-assured, and so also a lot more able to enjoy the normalness that was going on around him. He nearly didn't want to go back to the school.

Meggan: Meggan heard the door and sighed with relief. She went to the top of the stairs with Dylan and called down to the others, "Yay you're back! He's been crying since you left..." Sian smiled at her and came up the stairs after removing her coat. She relieved Meggan of the baby and headed back to the nursery.

Meggan: Meggan bounced down the stairs and gave Mark a hug then helped Alex with the bags. "So did you have fun?"

Alex: "Weirdly enough, yeah!" He smiled his little-boy-smile at her, something he hadn't done in quite a while.

Alex: "I even got you something...wait, I'll get it for you..." He rustled through the stuff they had bought and finally got out a plain red scarf. With a simple "Here, I thought it would look good on you." he held it out to her.

Meggan: Meggan squeaked, "Aww that's so sweet!" She stuck her tongue out at Mark who had just rolled his eyes before wandering into the kitchen. She put the scarf on, "Oooh it's soft!" she stroked the material gently. "Thank you." she kissed him on the cheek.

Alex: "Oh, I just had a bit of money left over, so I thought I'd try and make you happy." I'm so happy, happy, happy, happy day...Wait, you shouldn't sing in your head, it's weird...

Meggan: Meggan smiled at him, then took him by the hand and dragged him upstairs, "Ok, real living room or my room? Bear in mind screaming baby will be heard in living room." she grinned.

Alex: "Heh, okay." He acted as if he had to think hard on that. "Uhm...your room?"

Meggan: Meggan giggled and opened the door to her room, shifting into her cat form she bounded across the room and onto her bed where she curled up on her quilt. "I'm glad you all came back when you did... I was going nuts..."

Alex: "Aww, I'm sorry." He changed into his puppy form, which in his case was as big as a lion and laid down next to the bed, resting his head with its big flabby ears next to her.

Alex: "Job as the big sister is harder than it seemed?"

Meggan: "It's not that..." she didn't want to say it but she had already promised not to keep secrets. "It's just..." she sighed, "I miss my empathy... I hadn't got a clue what was wrong with him... It was so horrible, I don't know how normal people cope..." she lay her head on the bed and coved it with her paws.

Alex: He wanted to sigh, but due to his actual form it turned into heavily flabbing flews. "You know, maybe that's good?"

Meggan: She lifted a paw and peered at him, "How?"

Alex: "Maybe, you know..." He shrugged. "When you're a mom one day, you don't have to do what your child feels like, you'll have to do what you feel is the best for the baby..." He lifted an eyebrow to be able to get a closer look at her reaction.

Meggan: "But they cry when they need something... And I didn't know what it was..." she sighed and buried her nose in the quilt, "I'm hopeless...."

Alex: "Now now..." He lifted a paw bigger than her whole actual body and patted her carefully. "You're the best big sis I have ever seen...well, also the only one...but if I'd have seen more, you'd still be the best!"

Meggan: Meggan lifted her head, "You really mean it?"

Alex: "Always. You're great." He brought his head closer to her. "Always have been. Sorry for giving you a hard time all the time..."

Meggan: Meggan shifted back to her human form and gave him a hug resting his huge head in her lap, "You're allowed to give me a hard time. I've done worse..." she sighed, "But lets not talk about that.... How have you liked this holiday with no interfering empathy? I know I haven't liked it but what about you?"

Alex: "I'm feeling bad about it." He snuggled deeper into her lap. "No, actually I'm feeling good about it, which is why I'm feeling bad about it...uhm...you know?"

Meggan: Meggan shook her head, "No.... care to elaborate?" she was confused now

Alex: "I'm, like 'So, she doesn't have her mind-controlling stuff anymore, and I still care about what she thinks and says, about how she is. Plus, she comes with the sweetest family I ever had the luck of meeting.' And then I'm like 'And she doesn't like it at all how it is right now, and you made her doing it!'. And then I'm feeling bad."

Meggan: "You didn't make me do anything." Meggan reminded him, "I wanted to. I wanted to prove to you that I wasn't influencing you... and to myself too..." she petted him, "I have to admit Amara got me worrying about it too..."

Alex: "Don't. She isn't worth it." He rubbed his giant head a bit more into her hand. "You're a far too good person to care for what she says."

Meggan: Meggan smiled and scritched him behind the ears, "I'm glad you think so..." she patted the bed beside her, "Come and sit up here."

Alex: He noticed that his tail was wagging because of her scratching, so he was only too glad to change back into his (slightly embarrassed) human form and sit down next to Meggan.

Alex: "I'm being honest, Meggie. Visiting you and your family over here was like...like a cure for a disease I didn't even know I had. I feel so much more alive lately..." Especially since I've kicked that stupid weirdo's ass who tried to take over my mind!

Alex: With a happy little smile he continued. "I even took a liking of Dylan's screaming, I think."

Meggan: Meggan smiled and tucked her legs under her, leaning against him slightly, "Well I'm glad," she said, "I like having you around. I feel safe with you..." she put her arms around him and nuzzled his shoulder.

Alex: "You know what I find kind of funny?" He wrapped one arm around her shoulder.

Meggan: "What?" she moved her head to look up at him slightly,

Alex: "We, like nothing ever happened and bit by bit, slipped right back to how we where during the break." He gave her head a gentle pat.

Alex: "I like it."

Meggan: Meggan smiled and kissed him on the cheek, "So you believe me now?" she grinned, she already knew the answer.

Alex: "Well, depends..." He kissed her back, on the mouth this time. "Have you found a better one by now?"

Meggan: "A better what?" Meggan was confused again, maybe she was sleepy....

Alex: "A better boyfriend, silly..." He leaned over her, slowly, enjoying the moment, supporting her back while he slightly pushed her backwards...

Meggan: Meggan giggled, "Don't be daft, when would I have time?" she grinned and put her arms loosely around him, "Anyway, I wouldn't want anyone else." She kissed him on the tip of his nose.

Alex: He had her finally lying on the bed under him and kissed her back. "Neither would I...I love you Meggan, and it's true."

Meggan: Meggan smiled warmly at him, "Good. Because I love you too, Alex. Very much." She pulled him into a hug, "Please don't ever leave me."

Alex: "No way."
:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6