Summer 2009: The LeBeaus

Check out what goes on between semesters here!
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

Remy: He opened the door for her, bag slung over his shoulder and suitcase in hand. Theoren would get the rest, but there was a lot of it. Babies took up so much luggage.

Talia: Johnny was slumped against her in a sleepy heap, but at least a sleepy clothed heap. "Thanks," she said, looking to the bags Remy had. "You sure you don't need help?? I can free up a hand."

Remy: "Non. Y' got him. I'm fine." He grinned and followed her through the door. "Sides which, I'll jus' plonk dem here for now."

Jean-Luc: He came around the corner, having kept half an eye out on the drive, smiling widely as he spotted the three of them just making their way in. "Bonjour! How was your flight?" As he got closer he noticed the familiar ring on Talia's hand where it rested on his grandson's back and he grinned even wider, bubbling with excitement. Ah so the boy had proposed, finally. He drew his grandson and soon to be daughter-in-law into a hug. "So nice t' see y'"

Jean-Luc: Turning to his son, he beamed proudly at him. "Mon fils. Je suis si fier. Félicitations sur votre fiançailles." He hugged him briefly and turned to face the both of them. "So, when did dis happen?"

Talia: She looked to Remy, then back at Jean Luc. So he figured it our she supposed. "Last week...he asked me and we did it in Florida."

Jean-Luc: His eyebrows went up in suprise, and he grinned again, clapping his son on the arm who was looking oddly furtive at this point. "Well dat is a romantic way t' propose. How did y' get her down dere without her guessin' somethin' was up?"

Remy: He shared a look with Talia. "Uh. Actually I proposed t' her in bed, right before we went down. We got married in florida." He held up his own beringed hand in illustration.

Talia: She shifted Johnny as he woke, turning to blink tiredly at them. "Yeah, it was way romantic," she bit her lip, hoping Jean Luc was ok with it all. "We got married on a beach and everything. Really beautiful," she moved a bit closer to Remy.

Jean-Luc: He looked between the two of them, eventually focusing on his son. "Y' eloped?"

Remy: "Uh. Oui." He draped an arm around Talia. "Surprise?"

Jean-Luc: He swallowed down his disapointment, smiling at them again. "Well. Congratulations den. I'm glad y' two have settled it between y'...it's good for y' t' be a married family." He sighed and nodded. "Why don' we go sit an' have a lemonade out back?"

Talia: "Sure," TJ replied, Johnny spotting his grandfather and reaching over with a babble. "We're way happy about it...that we're together and a family and all..."

Jean-Luc: He took him, happily, cuddling him close as they stepped out the back veranda. "I'm glad dat y' both are happy. I've wanted dat for y' for a while now. Jus' didn't expect it all in one rush is all."

Remy: He knew Papa was disapointed in his way, and while it didn't make him regret the way that they'd been married, he felt a bit guilty with Talia's parents reaction, and now this. He could see their side of it as well, he supposed. It was just...it was something they'd needed to do for them, and not for everyone else.

Talia: "Yeah, um," TJ felt a built guilty. "We just did it...we got lots of pictures though. We'll have to show you them all! Johnny had a blast on the beach too."

Jean-Luc: "I'm sure it was." A housekeeper came out with three glasses of lemonade and he took his own. "If y're willin' y' should be callin' me Papa den too, neh?"

Talia: She gave him a little smile. "I guess that makes sense, Papa?" She looked to Remy. "Also, you know, my parents wanna have like, a little ceremony and stuff and you guys are all invited to that too."

Jean-Luc: "A ceremony?" His eyebrow went up. "Like what?"

Talia: "I dunno," she took a lemonade with a thank you to the housekeeper. "They said they wanna have a little ceremony so my Dad can walk me down the aisle, then have a party and all after."

Jean-Luc: "A weddin' den? Like another one?" His brows creased together, and he couldn't help but feel a little left out of the whole thing. "We've got a number of associates an' friends here as well dat'd expect dere t' be somethin' of dis..." He shrugged. "Whole thing. So if y're remarryin' her in Arizona, were y' thinkin' of doin' it here too?"

Remy: Remy sighed. This was getting complicated quickly. "I dunno papa...dis is jus' somethin' new an' we still gotta talk about it wit' her parents an' all. I mean...I don' want things gettin' crazy an' all."

Talia: She bit her lip, and took Remy's hand in hers. "Well...I'm sure as many people can come as you like....I can talk to my parents. I guess....we can have a little thing here too...if it works for everyone," she gave Remy a little look, feeling unsure as to how this would work and make everyone happy.

Jean-Luc: He nodded. "Well. Dis is all a bit of a shock, as I'm sure it came t' y're parents as well. But I don' think its very practical t' expect y're small community t' be able t' house an' service a few hundred people, non? It's a lovely place an' all, but its not built t' do functions dat size from what I've seen."

Remy: Sagging a little in his chair, he shrugged. "Well it jus' seems like dis is gettin' crazy, y' know? I don' want t' marry her twice over again. We're already married, Papa. Parties...parties I can get. Maybe its best t' jus' each have our own thing, like everyone have a reception."

Talia: "A few hundred???" Her eyes widened. "Yeah...I don't think we can do a few hundred. But um...yeah, maybe we can have two different things...my dad really wants to give me away, though," she gave Remy another look. "So we have to have a ceremony in Arizona."

Jean-Luc: He was quiet for a few minutes, sipping his lemonade. "I don' mean t' push y'all. I can understand in a way why y' jus' ran off wit' all y're different responsibilites an' all. But.." He shook his head. "Look. Y' know I've got my things about tradition an' family an' all. Most LeBeau's are born here." He nodded at the house behind him. "An' all of dem have been married here for generations."

Jean-Luc: "I respect dat y're family might have d' same expectations. But...would y' think dey would consider doin' it here? Does it have t' be in Arizona?"

Talia: She thought a moment. "Well, I'd have to ask. It's just like...I guess making sure everyone could get here and all is the biggest thing. But I gotta talk to Mom and Dad."

Remy: He relaxed marginally. "Yeah. If it works for dem, dat'd be better. It seems a bit silly gettin' married half a dozen times. An' its easier t' fly y're family all out here, chere." He finally thought about it a minute. "Dis means we're doin' d' whole big thing though, don' it?"

Talia: Talia gave him a little smile. "I'd love to get a pretty dress...and see you in a tux. We can even get a little tux for Johnny too!"

Remy: "Y' have a pretty dress." He gave her a soft smile. "I loved y' in dat. It was perfect."

Talia: She gave him a quick kiss. "I love that dress. But you know..the big fancy ones. Like, our wedding was perfect, but since we're doing it again, why not make the most of it?"

Remy: He made a slight moan of dismay and tipped his head back on the wicker chair.

Jean-Luc: He gave a small smile at his son's antics. "Y' know d' sayin' mon fils. Happy wife, happy life. An' it would be really good t' see y' two wed."

Talia: She smiled at Jean Luc, then looked to Remy. "It won't be that bad, baby. We just need to pick a theme, and like, flowers and cake, and dresses and we need to figure out what you and your groomsmen would wear...and who they'd be," she thought for a second. "Do you know any little girls who could be flower girl? I guess we could ask Tessa's neice, but we can have more than one...OH my cousin Gina too! And if Annabelle is walking!"

Remy: He gave her a glazed look. "I tell y' what. I did d' last weddin'. Y' can do dis one. I'm sure y're maman an' Mercy an' everyone from d' school would love it."

Talia: "You sure?? You don't wanna pick out cake or anything? What if you hate a certain flower??" she asked him. "I want this to work for both of us."

Remy: "Chere...am I supposed t' know d' difference between flowers?" He gave her a smile. "Look. If y're gonna do dis, whatever works for y' is great. I've already got what I wanted out of it. Y'." Taking her hand he pressed a kiss to it.

Jean-Luc: He let Johnny have a small sip of the lemonade, laughing at the face he made. "Y' probabally won' get out of it dat easy, no matter how much y' sweet talk her." He laughed again at the look Remy shot him.

Talia: She giggled, and gave Remy another kiss. "We'll figure it all out. Ooo I should call my parents and talk to them about this. Then get some bridal magazines!"

Remy: "Sounds good. Y' call dem." He shook his head. "An' I'll go take a few asprin, bien?"

Talia: She rolled her eyes, and stood. "Mind if I use the phone Jean-Lu-" she paused. "Uh..Papa?"

Jean-Luc: "Of course. Y' two run along an' talk t' dem." He lifted Johnny up and razzed him. "I've got my grandson."
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
puppygirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pigeon Fancier
Nightscrawlearth Character: :blink :warlock :morph :deadgirl

Post by puppygirl »

Buwahahahaaa, there's no escape Remy :LMAO
Image NightscrawlearthImage

Pup's Blog -- Pup's Tumblr
"Why can’t people appreciate how much effort I put in to not becoming a serial killer?"
wingyding
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Dusty Bits

Post by wingyding »

:D :cracked that's so great, you two. Remy, complete with ball and chain.

Edit: y'know, someone's gotta draw that now...*pokes scummy*
Neither Love nor Evil conquers all, but Evil cheats more.
Important Lessons Learned from the X-Men: Never give indestructible metal claws to something that doesn't die when you shoot it in the head.
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

Post by Esynthia »

:rogue waves her hands wildly. She wants to help!
ImageImage

Remy: he feels lust for everyone
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Guru LeBeau

Victor: Vic waited until he was sure Rahne wasn't following him before sitting down, back against a tree. He'd gone quite a distance from the house, needing space and privacy. He didn't really want to worry Rahne, but she'd convinced herself that his....depression was because of her.

Victor: Not because he'd screwed up proposing to her, and now didn't know if he'd ever be able to.

Victor: Sighing, Vic pulled out his cell and hesitated before dialling a number. There was only one guy he knew who could help him with this. C'mon, Cajun, pick up.

Remy: He glanced at the caller ID on his phone, and flipped it open, pushing back in his office chair. "Hey. How y' doin'?"

Victor: "Hey man." Vic leant back against the tree, closing his eyes. "Fine, fine. Doin' alrigh'. How's y'?"

Remy: "Pretty damn good." He stretched. "Nice bein' back home. D' foods great, an' its nice an' hot. Been swimmin' in d' pool wit' Johnny every day - he likes dat. Talia's out doin' some stuff an' I'm jus' gettin' a bit of work done."

Victor: "Sweet." Vic smiled a little. "Soun's like y've got it good." He chewed a claw, trying to come up with how to word this. "So married life suitin' ya, Rem?"

Remy: "Oui." His voice carried his smile that he wore. "It's real good. Though I guess we're probabally gonna have t' go through all of it again. Cause our family is all wantin' t' be part of it an' all." He gave a slight sigh at that. "But whatever. How about y'? How are things goin' in Scotland? Y're up dere wit' Rahne right now, oui?"

Victor: "Yeah." Vic let out a sigh. "Again? Well, y' did kinda elope. I know Tom woul' come after me wit' his shotgun if I tried that...." He trailed off.

Victor: "Things're goin' pretty okay here." He opened his eyes, watching a couple of hawks circle miles above him. "Scotlan's beautiful as always an' actually pretty damn warm too. Think even yer ass woul' enjoy this weather. Practically no fros' on th' groun."

Victor: "Rahne's gonna be takin' a drivin' test soon so...." He trailed off.

Remy: "Tom?" Leaning foward in his chair he grinned. "Whatcha talkin' about Vic? Y' actually thinkin' about it?" He made a disgusted noise at that. "If dere's still frost lurkin' in d' corners den y' know damn well what I'm gonna think of dat. An' good for her t' be learnin'. But back t' d' topic at hand."

Victor: Vic coughed. "Beyon' thinkin' abou' it." He pulled his knees up to his chin, leaning his forehead on them. "Tried, couldn' do it. Chickened ou'."

Victor: "Fer fuck's sake don' tell Teej. She'll have my balls."

Remy: "Really." He'd have to do some more digging with Talia later. "So what did y' have problems wit', mon ami. Y' got t' know she loves y' somethin' feirce."

Victor: "....Yeah. Know tha'." Vic said, closing his eyes and trying to block out the memory of the meal. "Jus'....couldn' do it. Totally locked up, y' know? Took her f' a real expensive meal an' everythin'."

Remy: "So d' y' think she knew? What was botherin' y'? Y' know...d' fact y're ready t' do dis at all is a bit suprisin' given y're attitude wit' dis sort of thing up till now. But I think its good for y', an' her."

Victor: Vic shook his head. "No. Don' think she did. I don' know what was - excep' tha' I was scared she'd say no, but ain' every guy?" He let out a breath. "I...spen' a bit of time thinkin' abou' it an' talkin' ta people, ya know? An' I guess I kinda figured, why no'? Only now I can' do it."

Remy: "Dere is dat big knot in y're gut, oui. Can' say I was d' calmest when I did it. But y' know she'll say yes, don' y'? She's crazy about y' Vic."

Remy: "Y' jus' need t' do it. Jus' go have a shot of whiskey - not too much, mind, or she'll thump y' one. An' den jus' force it out. Have d' ring out already so y' gotta say somethin'."

Victor: Vic swallowed. "Need more'n one glass." He murmured. "Y' reckon? I-I jus' don' think I coul', Rem. I-I mean I know she loves me an' tha' she wants t' be wit' me but tha' don' mean she wants t' marry me. Hell, I didn' wanna get married a li'l while ago."

Victor: "I jus'....don' wanna fuck up what I already got." He said in a small voice.

Remy: "Ahh, Vic, y' can. An' y' will. An' it'll be great, mon ami. Y're jus' lettin' y're brain run away wit' y'. Y' gotta stop thinkin' so damn much. Jus' look at women. Dere raised dreamin' about dere weddin'. When we were cubs an' thinkin' about cars an' dat sort of thing...dey were plannin' dere weddin's. Every last one of dem."

Victor: Vic couldn't help the snort of laughter. "Aye well....mo leannan is the only woman I'd consider this, an' shes bin bought up wit' th' faeries, so I got a lot t' live up t'."

Victor: He straightened his legs again. "Y' really think I can do this, Rem? An' tha' she'll say yes? 'Cause I dunno what I'd do if she said no...."

Remy: "So put on a pair of tights or leaves or whatever dey wear an' do a little dance. Honestlly, Vic, I don' think y' could screw it up. She's y'res an' y' gotta know dat."

Victor: Vic laughed at that. "Yeah. Y'd love t' see me in tights, man." He smiled. "Well....s' long as y' think so, Remy. Hell, I gotta take yer word fer it, y're already happily married. Bastard." He grinned.

Remy: He chuckled. "Oui. Well now y' see d' wisdom of my ways. Whip dem off in a whirlwind an' dey don' even know what happened till dere already wearin' y're ring an' have y're name, non?" He laughed. "But y'll do fine. An' she'll be excited as hell. Make sure she don' trample y' or squeal y're eardrums out."

Victor: "I'll remember tha', o wise an' great Remy LeBeau." Vic grinned. "Does this mean y're gonna be stickin' an 'Ancient' in yer name somewhere?" He switched the phone to his other ear. "Don' think I coul' do it like y' did though. An' obviously resturants're ou'. Too much time t' think. What abou' a picnic?"

Remy: "Oh don' y' start. Rogue already gives me too much gruff about bein' an' old man." He shook his head. "Picnic sounds real nice. No one around den t' make y' feel like dere starin'. An' as y' said, Tom would have y're ass if y' eloped. So, best t' just let dem handle it an' smile an' nod. Y' got d' easy job, really."

Victor: Vic snorted. "Only as ol' as th' woman y' feel." He muttered. "Well yeah. I jus' hafta put my ass on th' line." He grinned. "But yeah. Alrigh', I'll give it a shot. Thanks, Rem. Y're good at pep talks."

Remy: "I'd kick y're ass too, but y're a bit of a reach away." He chuckled. "An' my pleasure, Vic. I wish y' both well. Y' don' need luck though, trust me on dat."

Victor: "Hah. Y'd know I'd enjoy it though." Vic smirked to himself, picking at his jeans. "Well....alrigh'. Seein' as it's y' an' all." He ignored the slight tug at the 'trust'. They were repairing it. "One question, though."

Remy: "Oui?" He put one ankle on his knee. "Y' wantin' advice for d' weddin' night?"

Victor: Vic snorted. "No. Wanna know if sex is any differen' when yer old an' married."

Remy: "Y' shit." He laughed though, and his voice softened. "It's great. Cause y' belong t' each other, y' know?"

Victor: Vic smiled at that. "Yeah...I c'n see tha'. Anyway, I better head back, Rem. Or Rahne'll come lookin' fer me, ya know? Bin gone a while."

Victor: "Y' look after y'sel', yeah?"

Remy: "Better get used t' dat ball an' chain. An' look - y' ain't even married yet. So it'll be not dat much of a leap." He smiled too. "Yeah. Y' too, Vic. I expect t' see a ring on her finger when we come an' visit, alright?"

Victor: "Oh god, not y' too." Vic groaned. "I'll get my ass kicked if I don' do this, righ'?" Jesus, was the whole world determined to see him married? He chuckled at the thought. "Alrigh'. I'll do my bes', okay? An' hey, I'm int' bondage, ths shoul' be easy enough fer me. Heh."

Victor: "See ya soon, Rem. Say hi t' Teej an' the sprog fer me, will yeh?"

Remy: "Will do. An' we'll see y' soon Vic. Jus' do it." With that he hung up, chuckling. Who'd have thought?
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Talia: Talia followed as Mercy led her into another bridal shop, just to start seeing what was out there. "You think it's like...like, I know white is supposed to be for virgins and all, but you think it's still ok to wear it??"

Mercy: "Of course." She waved a dismissive hand. "That little tradition died out a while ago. I don't think most girls are virgins." She smile contemplatively. "An' if they are then I'd be wondering."

Talia: "Yeah, but at least most girls can like, hide it if they aren't," she said, running a hand over the silk of one gown. "I got the proof I'm not being the ring bearer." She ran a hand over another gown, pulling it back when she saw the intricate beadwork at the bodice. "These are so so pretty....they look way expensive too."

Mercy: She laughed, easy with it. "Well, I don't think that anyone would say a thing is my point. It's a silly old tradition. But there are some really pretty coloured gowns out now if you are wanting to explore that. So many more than when Henri an' I married." She pulled out one gown. "Oh, like this. How pretty." She glanced back at Talia. "Don't even look at the price tag. It's a waste of your time. This is your wedding gown, after all."

Talia: "I definately like the white..I want it to be like, traditional," she said, moving to look at the gown Mercy was. "That is beautiful. I love the like, flower pattern here," she played with the large skirt of it.

Talia: "How was it for you when you and Henri got married?" she asked, looking to her. "Did you wear a big dress like these? Where'd you have it??"

Mercy: "Of course." She smiled fondly with the memory. "At the house. Couldn't consider havin' it elsewhere, though it was just fine by me an' Henri anyways t' have it there. But again, that's tradition that hasn't faded."

Mercy: "It was a big party really. Marryin' Henri was a little bit like being a princess. I came from a well off enough family, but you know how Jean-Luc gets. An' on top of that, Henri an' me were so much in love." Her eyes twinkled as she looked over at Talia. "Still are, even after all this time. The LeBeau's make very good lovers."

Talia: She giggled and blushed a bit. "Yeah...that's true."

Talia: "I know Remy's like, he's happy with the wedding we had...and I am too. But, you know, there's like, still that dream wedding I always thought about," she told her. "I think this all stresses him a bit, but I feel bad that everyone got left out, you know??"

Mercy: "Yes, well, for men talking about napkin colors is a form of torture." She winked. "That's why you need to have a few good friends and your maman involved. The best you can hope for is to bring him to the major things, or put a few choices in front of him and say 'this or that'." She shook her head.

Mercy: "Speaking of which, have you thought about any of that? An' have you talked to your parents some more about where it's gonna be?"

Talia: "I've been thinking a bit, but still, we just really started thinking about it," she smirked a bit. "And I talked to Mom and Dad....they're gonna talk to Jean Luc and figure it all out. I think it's probabl gonna be here. It makes sense...and I want like, all the LeBeau family traditions respected too."

Talia: "Jean Luc was saying every LeBeau's been born in the house, and married in the house, and we're like, none of that.. Remy and Johnny both weren't born there, then we went and eloped. Having the wedding there would be nice, I think."

Mercy: "Ahh. Oui, it's best to leave that to them to figure out. Being in the middle is no fun." She picked up a delicate veil. "An' I know it would really make Jean-Luc happy. Hopefully your parents are fine with that."

Mercy: She turned to look at Talia. "Have you any idea of what you'd like? Are you thinking of tryin' anything on?"

Talia: "I have no clue where to even start. Everything is so beautiful and delicate," she looked at the veil Mercy held. "I'm not used to like....such fancy stuff. And the wedding isn't like, gonna be for a while, I don't wanna buy anything now."

Mercy: "Fair enough." She set it down. "An' it would be good for you to be doing it with your Maman too. But don't forget that this will be a fancy weddin'. Though if you like something less foofy an' more sleek you can go that way too."

Mercy: "How about somethin' more simple? What colors do you like? For your bridesmaids an' things? Or you can do one of those more modern weddings where they just have everyone wear somethin' they like as long as it doesn't clash."

Talia: "I definately want the bridesmaids to match...I didn't even think of who they're gonna be yet. But I dunno, I like green, and red...hmm, I dunno," she looked around. "Maybe I'll go shopping with Mom when I go home. I bet she'll really love that. She was so upset when she found out about us getting married."

Mercy: "Well, that's how they are. Remy's always gonna be a bit unused t' thinkin' about families I think, even though he seems settled on you an' Johnny. He still has a hard time lookin' at a big picture." She pulled out a deep wine colour. "This looks great with your skin. But yes, I imagine you'll want to let your maman in with the decisions as much as possible."

Talia: "Ohh that's so pretty...you think for bridesmaids??" she looked at the cut of the dress. "I don't like the rufflies on it though. You think they'd take them off?" She set it back on the rack. "My Mom'll be way into it. We'll find some places in Arizona or something."

Talia: "And I know...with Remy. He says all the time he's happy with just me and Johnny and all. Which, I am too. I couldn't have asked for better, you know? But like, we can't just forget about everyone else too."

Mercy: "So have it custom made." She shrugged. "I doubt you'd need anything straight off the rack anyways. You gotta put your personal touch in it." She nodded. "Well, that's men though. You gotta whip them into shape some, and eventually they get it."

Talia: She giggled again. "Well, I'll whip it into him for sure," she moved to another rack of dresses. "Yeah, maybe I can get something made. You think they can make little tuxes too? I dunno where we can get one for Johnny."

Talia: She rolled her eyes. "If he'll even wear it. Hopefully by then he'll be out of the naked thing."

Mercy: "Of course. They make them for even babies." She smiled. "He's a dear one. An' everyone's so happy t' have him. Y'll have t' watch he doesn't get spoiled too bad. Jean-Luc is a softie with him."

Talia: "It's like, impossible for him not to get spoiled," she said with a smile. "He's my parent's only grandchild, and Jean Luc's only grandchild. That's like, super spoiling. We're trying to be a bit less like that with him at home though. Like, giving him boudaries and stuff. Though I can't win with the clothes."

Talia: She looked to Mercy. "How come you and Henri haven't had kids yet? Like, I guess it's not everyones thing, but you seem to really enjoy it when Johnny's around."

Mercy: Her smile faded a bit and she looked at the tiara on the counter before her, glittering jewels catching the light. "Well, we've tried. I guess it's just not in the cards for us. Even with the best doctors on it, I don't think I'll be able to carry a child. We've spent years tryin'."

Mercy: She gave Talia a small sad smile. "There's always adoption. We just really wanted to try and have a child of our own...an' now we're going to have a bit of time to grieve that. Love your son, Talia. He really is a gift."

Talia: She frowned a bit. "I'm sorry...I didn't mean to bring it up like.."

Mercy: "Oh don't worry about it. I'm used to questions, an' it's only natural really. I just have a hard time thinking about it sometimes. Jean-Luc an' Henri have been so good about it all, but you know how much family means to them."

Talia: Talia nodded. "Yeah. It's gotta be hard and all. But, you know, you said, you can adopt too. You're really good with kids...Johnny loves visiting with you and Henri."

Mercy: "Well thank you. We love him a lot too you know. As I said, he's a darling. It'd be hard not to love him."

Talia: "Yeah. He can be a total handful sometimes. But I'm so happy to have him...even if like, well, it wasn't the exact plan we had," she shrugged. "I don't think Remy planned to ever have kids. But he's like, the best father ever."

Mercy: "He's a good man. I think you two will be very happy together." She pulled Talia into a small hug. "And its good to have you in the family."

Talia: "I think so too," she hugged her back, smiling wide. "I'm still getting used to being 'in the family' though. It all happened so quick!"

Mercy: "Well, there will be enough ceremony an' stuff going on to make that all up." She smiled. "For now...coffee an' somethin' sweet?"

Talia: "Ooo yeah. Well, maybe more like tea and something sweet. I so wanna have one of those fried thingys with the powdered sugar."
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
JSherlock
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: FABIO THOR
Nightscrawlearth Character: Dr. Summers, Wither, Callie

Post by JSherlock »

Poor Mercy! :(
"... Pirates just kidnapped the bride and everyone is laughing. God I wish I spoke Finnish."
:cyclops :storm :pyro
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator

Talia: Talia leaned on the bar, trying to get the attention of the bartender, the shotglass necklace falling onto the bar. She waved a hand and he signaled he saw her, then turned back to the drinks he was making. "This is taking forever! It's like I'm never gonna get to have my first legal drink!"

Remy: He chuckled, nodding to the beat. "Ah, dat's cause its packed tonight. N'awleans is always good for a party." He nodded to the man, and he came foward finally.

Talia: "Ooo ooo what should I get? I always get margaritas, but I want my first drink to be like, super good," she asked Remy as the bartender came over. "What do you always get??"

Remy: "Depended on if I was tryin' t' get a girl or not. Bourbon if I was jus' tryin' t' get shitfaced." He laughed. "Y' should get somethin' girly. Or get him t' suprise y'."

Talia: She raised a brow with a smirk. "Trying to get a girl tonight??"

Talia: She turned to the specials written on the board, and decided on the aptly named Big Bad Voodoo Kooler. She gave the bartender the order.

Remy: "Non. Already got her. Suspect I'll have my hands full enough tryin' t' keep her upright, non?" He slapped her bottom.

Talia: Talia gave him a pinch, then put her arms around him. "I am so not that bad a drunk! Besides, it's my birthday!! So I get whatever I want!"

Remy: "Dat's d' idea. Y' don' have t' worry about it, chere. I expect y' t' get pissed for dat reason." He winked. "Sides which, who says I won' enjoy gettin' leaned up on?"

Talia: The bartender came back with the drink and she took a sip, then leaned against him. "Like this?? It's comfy. I can get used to this. You should try this too, it's way good!" She offered him the drink.

Remy: He took one sip, and made a small face. "Not bad. But yeah, very nice." He ran his hand up her side. "Feel like some deja vu, neh? Like how we used t' hang out?"

Talia: "Heh, yeah. Reminds me alot of Mardi Gras that first year. Except way way less people," she took another sip. "You;d think more people would be out to celebrate my birthday! I'm 21 for christs sake!!"

Remy: "Well, an' less wit' d' crazy in general." He shook his head. "Hey, at least y' can move. Mardi gras, y' only can move on d' streets an' dat's barely." He led her off to the side of the dance floor. "Me? I'm glad t' get y' to myself tonight. An' letsee if y' can keep y're bra dis time, non?"

Talia: She giggled. "I don't plan to lose it tonight," she took another large drink. "But who knows? The night is young, right??"

Talia: Her hand moved to the shot glass around her neck. "And I think we gotta do a shot soon too."

Remy: "We? Dis is about y', chere. I'll drink a bit, but I'm gonna look after y' tonight." He drew her close against him. "Though I've a feelin' dat may involve more asprin an' buckets dan oil an' massages."

Talia: "Oooo there's oil and massages in this??" she gave him a little swat. "And why do you say that?! I can control myself!!"

Remy: "Mmhmm." He raised an eyebrown. "An' who do y' think I am? Always got some massage oil in d' sidetable at home. I'm always prepared, non? Like a boyscout. Only...more adult."

Talia: "Mmm my sexy boy scout," she ran her hand over his cheek. "I wonder if they make boy scout outfits for adults. I bet they got girl scout ones..."

Remy: He thought about that for a minute. "Somehow I doubt dat'd be d' same effect as nurse outfits." He tapped her glass. "Drink up. Wanna still dance wit' y' at some point tonight."

Talia: She flipped the glass up, downing the rest, then put the glass on a table nearby. "I'm so ready to dance. But you better not be teasing about the massage!"

Remy: "Talia, if y're still concious enough, by all means." He drew her out on the dance floor, and fit himself to her, chest to hip. He enjoyed the fact that she was earning less glances here than usual. There was that whole attitude that fell around here. It was all about partying. Less about worries or who looked like what. It was a nice change of pace.

Talia: She moved with him, grinding against him, leaning some of her weight onto him. "This so so reminds me of when we first started going out. And going to Vito's and all."

Remy: "Oui. Only dis isn't quite so crappy." he chuckled. "An' dere's a few other differences." He picked her ringed hand up and kissed it. "Not t' mention we're not smokin' pot in d' bathroom."

Talia: Her fingers laced with his and she smiled. "Everything's changed. Like, from back then. Smoking pot in the bathroom," she giggled. "That was fun though. And you tried hitting on me."

Remy: "Well...yeah." He smiled at her, a bit smug. "It worked, didn't it? Y' found me sexy. Don' tell me y' didn't."

Talia: "I did," she smiled, looking down at their hands. "I did like, the first time I saw you. Even though you had an ego and were like, all over everyone."

Remy: He laughed outright at that. "Well. Suppose things haven't changed dat much after all." He gave her a wink.

Talia: She smacked her hip against him. "It's weird to think back then and how everything changed to now. Never thought I'd be married," she gave him a little smirk, then grabbed his hand. "Come on, I want another drink.

Remy: He let her pull him off the floor, following close behind. "Non? Thought y'd hook up wit' someone else at d' school den? Who?" He gave her an innocent look.

Talia: "I'd hook up with someone else?? What are you talking about??" she signalled the bartender. "Wanna do a shot with me??"

Remy: "Well if y' didn't think y'd be marryin' me..." He nodded and ordered a couple of quick fucks from the bartender. "Who did y' think?"

Talia: "I didn't think..I didn't think I'd be marrying anyone," she gave him an odd look. "You're the only guy I ever met who I would've considered it with."

Remy: He pushed her shot towards her, and tilted his head, the teasing tone going out of his voice. "What? Why?"

Talia: She picked up the shot, smirking and giving him a little shove. "Because I love you. Duh."

Remy: Shaking his head, he picked up his shot and held it up to hers. "T' y're birthday. May y' have many other great ones. An' no hangover tommorrow."

Talia: She clinked her shot with his, then threw it back. "GAH! That was strong!!":

Remy: "Dat'd d' idea." He kissed her. "Gonna head somewhere else or y' like it here?"

Talia: "I dunno...this is your town, baby. Lead the way! What else is there to do??" She put the shot glass down on the table, feeling a bit of a buzz coming on.

Remy: "Well. Dance. An' drink. An' dance. Flash y're boobs..but y've already done dat twice here."

Talia: "I love drinkin' and I love dancin'. I love anything I can do with you," she moved up to give him a kiss. "Where're we going like...after it all," she gave him a silly sexy look, waggling her eyebrows.

Remy: He laughed. "Home. We could always get a room somewhere, but I thought y' wanted t' be home where y' could see Johnny tommorrow mornin'. Though come mornin', y' may have a different opinion."

Talia: She rolled her eyes. "I'm not that bad! But maybe I should be so you can take care of me in the morning," she giggled and put her arm around him.

Remy: "Papa will be happy enough t' take care of John all day if we want. I can take care of y' wherever y' wanna be." He led her up the street and into another bar. "Jus'...I suspect dat fetchin' y' ice water an' shuttin' d' drapes won' take dat long."

Talia: "You'll be doing way more than that," she raised a brow. "Maybe we should like...find a place. I think Johnny could do without us for the night, hmm?"

Remy: "Sure." He nodded. "Usually d' rooms fill up pretty quick right on d' strip, but its off season so it shouldn't be dat hard. Any rooms dat are free now are likely t' be jus' as free in a few hours." He drug her towards a place. "But I doubt y're ready t' pack it in quite yet."

Talia: "Oh no way! Dude, I'm 21!! Offically! Totally legal in every way!!" She let go of his hand to twirl a bit in the street, then stopped to look at him. "How backwards are we? Have a baby, then get married, then I turn 21??"

Remy: "Well I was 21 first..." He grinned and winked. "So not totally backwards." He watched her highspirited antics. "We can always try again y' know. See if we get it right dis time."

Talia: "Try it all again? Well, we have the wedding coming...again," she said, as she caught her hand on a lamp post and spun, watching him.

Remy: "I don' mean dat. We're married. Legally. An' in all d' ways dat count cherie. We may be doin' it again, but I ain't gonna be celebratin' our anniversary on dis do over, I'll tell y' dat." He caught her on one of her lazy spins. "Non. I meant d' whole havin' a baby thing. Baby, married, 21, married, baby. Kinda cyclical dere, non?"

Talia: She gave him a little smirk. "I know, you mentioned it, her brow quirked up a bit. "When are you like..thinking about this happening?"

Remy: "When are y'?" he shot back, giving her tit for tat and grinning widely, wrapping her closer in his arms as he stepped over to let people pass by.

Talia: She gave him a swat. "I asked you first! And you gotta answer, it's my birthday!"

Remy: "Who's rules are dese?" He chuckled for a minute, and then looked at her seriously. "Well...soon. Don' want t' have a big gap between d' two of dem, non? Would be good t' have dem close so dey can understand each other better."

Talia: She paused. "Soon? How soon is soon? Like...a year?"

Remy: "A year?" He thought. "Yeah. Dat's about right. Den y' can have d' baby about dis time. Give y' d' summer off."

Talia: "Wait...I meant a year like, before we started trying. Maybe more.." she stopped to look at him, wishing maybe she hadn't already been drinking for this talk. "You want to start then like...now??"

Remy: "Well not now. Thought we'd take d' summer t' jus' hang out an' relax an' all. Wit' all d' parties an' goin' everywhere, would be best, non? An' den dey aren't like...years an' years apart. Havin' a three or four year old wit' a newborn means y' have a six year old wit' a two year old. Way different interests."

Talia: She chuckled a bit, putting her arms around him. "Listen to you now. Going from Mr. 'No Kids' to..whats his face? Dr. Spock?"

Remy: He stuck his tongue out at her and made 'grabby' hands, chasing her a few feet as she shrieked. "Hey. May as well, non? An' Johnny should have a sister or brother t' look after an' dat can look out for him too. Family, more dan us y' know?"

Talia: She giggled and caught her breath, settling as he wrapped his arms around her waist. "Ok. Sure, we can do that. But I still'd have school for a year after the baby'd be born. What about that??"

Remy: "I won't have t' be. I've looked after Johnny - an' my work can be done when dere nappin' or when y're not in class. I can look after d' new chil' too." He fanned his hand out on her belly and gave her a soft smile. "I only really got t' see y' pregnant for a few days. Or...well...when we knew y' were."

Talia: She gave him a little sideways look. "You didn't really miss much. Just fatness and pukey and grossness. Well...you did see the pukey actually."

Remy: "Oui. An' I got t' see d' grossness." He teased. "Now for d' last time y' weren't fat. Y' were carryin' a baby. Y'd look sick an' be a bad maman if y' starved y'reself so y' didn't get 'fat'. Wouldn't work anyways. Babies gotta fit somewhere, non?"

Talia: She rolled her eyes. "I still had a huge giant belly! And even a double chin! It's baby, but still FAT." She stuck out her tongue. "And I am SO gonna up the grossness with this one now, just for you. Since you liked it so much!"

Remy: "How d' y' up dat?" He gave her an incredulous look. "Chere, y' vagina can only stretch so many ways. I think I've pretty much seen it all."

Talia: "Hey!" she smacked his arm. "Baby, you gotta get me way drunker if you wanna have...vagina talk," she made a little face on the word. "And like I told you, you don't gotta watch. You can totally feel it if you want!"

Remy: "I'm actually glad I ain't d' one feelin' it, merci." He pulled her in through the nearest doorway and bought a drink for her, popping it in her hand. "An' sides which. I thought d' reason dat we were gettin' dat room later on was t' 'talk' more?"

Talia: She took the drink gratefully and took a large sip. "Talk more?? Was that all you were planning on tonight??"

Remy: "I thought we were talkin' in code now." He asked with a grin. "Y' know. Talkin'" He made air quotes.

Talia: "Ohhhhhh 'talkin'," She mimiced the air quotes and his accent, then giggled again. "I guess it'll help to have codes now that Johnny's understanding more."

Remy: He considered her. "Well...seems like y're gettin' closer t' achievin' dis nights goal."

Talia: She bottomed her drink, and threw her arms around him. "I already made my goal for tonight."

Remy: "Y' have? Dis meanin' dat d' horny is winnin' out over d' wantin' t' celebrate in d' bar?"

Talia: "No, it's meaning I'm happy just being out and celebrating with you and all," she gave him a pinch. "I think you need another drink in you. Or twelve."

Remy: "Den who's gonna carry y' up d' stairs? Dis is y're birthday, not mine." He stole a sip of hers. "I'll do jus' fine wit' a few, merci."

Talia: "Heyyyy hey hey! I didn't say take mine!!" she finished the second drink, then leaned into him. "Why don't we start like...going in the direction of the hotel??"

Talia: "Maybe stop at one or two places on the way??"

Remy: "Which hotel are y' thinkin'? Dere's a ton all over d' place. Pretty much have t' check in at a few an' see which has rooms, non?"

Talia: "I said it, baby. This is your town. What hotel is best?? Ooo maybe they have like, a romancy suite with a heart tub!!" She giggled, stumbling slightly as he led her out of that bar.

Remy: "We can try a couple of places if y' want tacky." He teased. "Think dey'll even include a bottle of baby duck in dat kinda room."

Talia: "Baby Duck?? What the hell is baby duck??" she asked him, wrapping her arm in his. "And thats not tacky! It's romannnnntic!"

Remy: "Non. A beach house in d' cay's is romantic." He shook his head at her. "A heart shaped tub is so...vegas. An' baby duck is cheap assed chamapgne"

Talia: She made a pouty face. "I think it's romantic. Are you saying I'm tacky??"

Remy: "Non." He sighed. It was her birthday. "If y' want d' t..tub, its all y'rs." He pulled her close. "Je t'aime."

Talia: "Yay!!" she giggled, then leaned in close to him. "I love you too. This is an awesome birthday."

Remy: "I'm glad y' enjoyed it." He picked her up and whirled it around. "Sorry more of y're friends couldn't be here but we'll make up for it when we get back t' d' school. Or maybe even when we get t' arizona."

Talia: "Nah, this was perfect. Just us. I like it," she held tight with him, laying her head on his shoulder. Her ring glittered and caught her attention. "The first of many many birthdays, just us."

Remy: He chuckled, and placed his hand back over her belly. "After a fashion, oui."
puppygirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by puppygirl »

D'awwww :) that was cute, sounds like a really nice way to celebrate your birthday :)

"Why can’t people appreciate how much effort I put in to not becoming a serial killer?"
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator
Title: Sometimes the bark isn\'t worse than the bite

Post by littlebamf »

Talia looked around the new place Lizzie had brought her to. She'd never been to Europe before, and since they had been over for Rahne's birthday, she wanted to see London nightlife and visit Liz as well. "This the place? Everyone looks very fancy."

Lizzie gave the doormen a very ladylike smile as she glided through the impressive entrance of the Club, handing an attendant her wrap. "This is the place. Hasn't changed much since it was built, I expect." Leading TJ through to the main room, she exchanged glances with those who looked at her. In New York she had been vaguely recognisable. Here, she was definately known.

"Oh, shit. We may bump into some of my family members, by the way," she looke over her shoulder at TJ, adjusting the strap of her white dress.

"Your family members come here?" she handed off her small coat to the attendant, but decided to keep her clutch. "Why do they come too?" She took a look around. "This seems really hoity toity."

"Well, my family is hoity toity..." Lizzie sighed. "My mother especially. Now she's titled, she's even more so. The Braddock family have been members since the Club was formed.." she snagged a drink from a passing waiter, still amused as ever by how he was dressed, and wandered over to the windows.

"Wow...how long has it been around??" she took a drink as well, making an odd face at the waiter. "Aren't they supposed to have shirts??"

"Oh, no, they're not," Lizzie gave a smile. "You'll get used to it. As for the Club, well, a few hundred years. My family goes back quite far as they have ample crops of male children."

"Wow....a few hundred years?? That's like...a long ass time," she stopped. In this kind of company she had to watch her mouth! She noticed alot of looks coming their way too. "So, what exactly is this about?? This is the best nightlife place in London??"

"Well...It can be. It was here or a electro place down in Camden. I figured here was safer, no one's going to mug you in the toilets here."

Swirling her drink around her glass, she shrugged. "It's...Like I said before, it's for the high society. It's interesting. I love to people watch here...." Looking around for a particular familiar dace, she stopped herself. He'd be in New York...

"High society??" she looked around. Everyone did look very well to do. She felt her face flush a bit. "Yeah, it looks like it. I don't wanna get mugged either."

"Yeah, remember, I talked to you about it a few weeks before the end of the semester...." Sipping her drink, she gave a chuckle. "I'd defend you, don't worry, I was just more iffy on if you'd like the music there or not."

"No, this is fine," she downed her drink. "I gotta like...do more hoity toity things. I gotta do this stuff with Remy whenever we go down to New Orleans."

Lizzie smiled faintly and looked out of the window. "I just...It's pathetic, but I come to these things on my own really. Just people watch from a corner a lot, unless I see someone I know."

"Yeah?? Well, what're these things about? Like, why do people come? Just to see everyone??"

"Well, to socialise, to make new connections, business deals, publicity - there are sometimes photographers around outside if word gets out that bug names are coming...That sort of thing."

"Photographers?? Like paparazzi?!" she took a sip of her drink. "Do celebrities come?? Do you know any?!"

"Sort of...I met Kate Moss at a photoshoot. And, Prince Harry bought me a shot a couple of years ago, but he was buying them for everyone as he knew a friend of my friend...Well, some celebrities come, but mainly the more upmarket ones, if you know what I mean. The Hellfire Club has a reputation to keep up..."

"The Hellfire Club....wow, you met Kate Moss and Prince Harry?? WOW. So like, royalty comes here???"

"Well, it wasn't in here. I thought you meant in general," Lizzie blushed. "I don't think I've seen royalty here, but it wouldn't suprise me."

"Really?? Wow. And you can like...just come here? Like, any person can just come here and meet royalty??" she looked around again, hoping to catch a glimpse of someone famous.

"Well, not anyone can come here, they don't let anyone in. You have to be on the list, so to speak, or with someone on the list and then you might not even get let in..."

"Really? So I got in cause I came with you??" she was somewhat surprised they even let her in. "But then they may not have even let me in. You must like...have pull or something."

Lizzie went incredibly red. "Well. I'm Lady Braddock. That has pull," she looked down at herself, inspecting her slinky white dress and dainty high heels. "And my dress has pull. Plus, you're a LeBeau now, remember..."

She giggled a bit, then stopped. "Being a LeBeau has something to do with it?? Why would that make a difference??"

"Hey, we talked about that too! The LeBeau's are an old money family, old money families are like...the wallpaper of this place," she waved her hand around a bit, then drank some more water. "It's...I'm just used to it, that's all."

Wow. "So that means like, I can be a part of the place? I'm not like, blood or anything.."

"It's all in the name, I guess. Blood can count for a lot, but a name is a name..."

"True," she said. "I didn't like...think of all this. Like, getting married, I didn't think there'd be...so much more to think about."

"You only have to think about this if you want to. If you dno't want to then no one will make you..." she looked away slightly. "Personally...if I'd got - well. I'd be thinking more of him than here...Here wouldn't matter so much..."

TJ nodded. "Yeah.." and went silent for a while. She took another drink from a scantily clad waiter.

"Well, he had membership too, his family are longtime members as well so maybe we could have come together..." gulping her water down, she closed her eyes. "I'm being stupid, talk about something else, anything..."

"Um....ok..." she took another sip. "You gotta come see Johnny before we go back to the States. He'd love to see you."

"I'll try, how long are you staying? I should be free, I'm not doing much right now..."

"I think we're leaving day after tomorrow. Like, early early in the morning. So maybe we'll all have lunch tomorrow. . Do you know any kid places in London??"

"To eat in? Um..." she tried to think. "I could ask Fran. She's expecting, so she's probably reserving tables already for after the birth. Personally, I've never really considered children friendly places because I'm not -" she broke off again, drinking the last of her water to cover it.

"Yeah..." she paused. "Um, well, like anywhere works. Just figured if there were any good places. Even a park we could go to after lunch or something."

"There's Hyde Park, Regents Park, St James Park, Hampsetad Heath and so on and there are some nice places to sit by the Thames as well."

"OK, we can go to any of them. Anywhere he can run around for a bit that has some stuff he can climb on. Then he's totally happy," she smiled, thinking of her son. "Then it's the dreaded flight home. The flight here was awful."

"There's some nice places for that in Regents Park, but they're not near places to eat so maybe a picnic. Me and Warren did that all the time last -" closing her eyes, seh was silent for a moment before smiling and opening them again to look at TJ. "Sorry, I'm being silly. There are some nice deli places near my new place - I can't cook so I'm always in them - so I can get some stuff to eat for us."

Talia nodded. "You wanna uh...sit down?"

Glancing out of the window at the people arriving, she nodded. "Sure, there's another room with more comfortable seats or we can stay in here, I'm not fussy..."

"Whatever you want.

" she gave Liz a smile. "It's your place."

Putting her empty glass down, she led TJ out of the door and up the stairs she remembered from visits in her teens, and into the larger room. Spotting an empty couch, she made a beeline for it. "You want another drink?"

"Sure," she glanced at her near empty glass. "Whatever you're having. Um, you're coming back to school, right?"

"Nothing else to do," she made a tiny signal and a waiter was at her elbow in seconds. "It'll have an iced water and my friend will have...." she looked to TJ, having forgotten what she was drinking.

"Uh....champagne I guess," she told the waiter, not wanting to order anything people would look weird at her over. All rich people seemed to like champagne. "Good. You still got a year, yeah? So you should at least finish. Remy's graduating this year too."

The waiter vanished off as quickly as he had arrived. Turning back to TJ, Lizzie propped her elbow on the arm of the couch. "Well, theoretically. I do have patches here and there in what I've done so far that I never really caught up on."

"Oh, so maybe you'll be there longer?? We can graduate together then!" she took a sip of the champagne, giving her a smile. "It's gonna be nuts now."

"I don't know yet, I mean, I just about pass stuff normally, just the end of last semester, I didn't bother doing anything," she accepted her water with a nod and smirked. "Well, it's always been nuts. Some things never change."

"Yeah," she made a little sly smile into her glass. "But some things do...or..can...or will..."

"If you say so," she glanced around again, returning the smile a woman gave her. "But I just can't bring myself to be optimistic, not for a while anyway."

"I know so..." she looked around. "If I tell you something, can you like...not tell anyone? At all ever??"

"Of course, you know me, perfect secret keeper..." she looked over at TJ curiously, trying to figured out what she had to say.

"Well.." she sat back, taking another sip of champagne, then looking to Lizzie again. "We're gonna have another baby."

Lizzie blinked, then looked at TJ. "What, like - are you pregnant? Or trying?" her lip wobbled a little. "That's really great. You're really good parents and you're married and...It's just really good it's all worked out."

"No...neither," she told her. "We're gonna start trying like...once school starts up. We wanna time it so the baby

's born next summer," she said, giving her a bit of a sad look as her lip wobbled. "Thanks....we're happy it did too. And you'll get a new neice or nephew and all, and they'll love their Auntie Lizzie."

"I'll have lots of nieces and nephews...It's likely Fran'll have twins, multiple births are common in my family," she leant over and gave TJ a hug. "I'm really happy for you, you deserve it after everything, you both do."

"Twins?? Really?? That's awesome!!" she smiled. "And thanks. It's awesome everything is going how it's going. Not ever what I thought my life was gonna be when I was 21. But perfect."

"Well, maybe, but it's probable," Lizzie sat back, looking at how TJ was glowing with happiness. "I can imagine not, but it's good, as long as you're happy. I'm still not thinking about turning 21."

"Not thinking about it? It kicks alot of ass. But mostly you just get really drunk," she told her with a little smirk.

"Not me," she tipped her water glass to the side slightly and grinned. "Well, being 21 is sort of important, but I just don't care right now. I'll probably stay in bed all day and watch Star Wars."

"Whatever works. We should have a party at the school though. That'd be way fun," she smiled at Lizzie and nudged her.

"Well, it's in July, so it'll be weeks before I go back to school..." she shrugged and leant back. "I'm really not bothered about it. It'll be fun, yeah, but I just feel odd at parties when everyone is drinking and I don't. I'm still not really used to it, which is dumb as I gave up about three years ago now."

"We don't gotta drink," she said to her. "We can just party. And we can have something maybe for yours and my birthday..and whoever's else is in the summer."

"If you like," drinking her water, she tried to picture an XU party with no drink whatsoever. Wasn't coming to her. "It's a nice idea for summer birthdays. There are a few, I'm sure."

"Totally," she finished her drink, and layed back. "Crazy how everything goes, huh? Like, how fate lines up and all."

"Yeah. Crazy." Lizzie's face darkened a little and she shifted to get more comfortable on the couch. "Want another drink? I'm paying..."

"Nah," she said, cuddling down. "I think I'm good. Can't stay out too late anyway...don't wanna leave the hubby alone al night.."

"Alright, I'll get the drinks bill," she nodded, smiling as she watched TJ snuggle up into the cushions, and summoned a waiter over. "I'd better get home too. I probably left something on and my flat will have burnt down, knowing my luck."

She knocked on the table. "Knock on wood! I'm sure it's all fine. But this place was interesting...maybe i can come back again...if I'm in London."

"Well, you're welcome to. There's a Club in New York as well."

"And I think I'll pass knocking on wood, it's flammable."

She giggled. "Well, let's head out then!"

Standing up, she found the waiter at her elbow and paid up, giving him a generous tip. Shame that Shaw didn't seem to eb so interested in the London Club, it'd have been nice to see him, she thought, then offered her arm to TJ. "Yeah, lets go."
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator

Remy: He nudged the suitcase to one side, walking carefully between the gap of bed and dresser so that he didn't bark his shin on it. "Gettin' a little tight in here, non?" he asked, sitting on the edge of her bed with a grin. "Always been crowded" He flicked a finger at the rows of stuffies in illustration.

Talia: She sat next to him, leaning her chin on his shoulder. "It's not tight, it's cozy. Besides, I don't really think this room was meant for like, three people to be in it," she gave him a pinch. "And don't make fun of my toys!"

Remy: "An' why not?" He stood up and grabbed pink poodle with a pair of sunglasses. "How long are y' gonna keep all dis for? Johnny's already been eyein' dem, y' know. It was all I could do t' keep him from dem." He shook it experimentally, and a cloud of dust came up. "Hmm. He could almost make mud pies wit' dese."

Talia: "Hey!" She grabbed the poodle from him. "My Uncle Mike gave that to me when I was sick when I was 7! Why do I gotta get rid of them anyway? Johnny can play with them if he wants..." she looked at her collection again. "Well...maybe some of them."

Remy: "He's got enough of his own stuff anyways, chere." Nodding to the crib where Johnny was sleeping with a phalanx of onlookers, he tossed the poodle back over onto the dresser, and laid down, stetching out. "Well. Little bit more narrow dan we're used t', but beats d' hell outta sleepin' on dat fold out. Shoulda married y' a while back."

Talia: "Oh, so here is the truth! You married me so you didn't have to sleep on the pull out, huh?" she said, taking a look over Johnny herself before laying down beside him. "And like I said. Cozy."

Remy: "Y' found me out. Y' know what dem things do t' y're back..." He pulled her in tight to his chest. "I've been covetin' sleepin' in dis room for years. Dis was d' only way."

Talia: She giggled. "Such a clever guy. I didn't think you liked pink so much."

Remy: He rolled over on her, half squishing her as he tickled. "No pink in d' new room."

Talia: She laughed and tried to squirm away from him. "Oh yes! Nothing but pink!! Pink and flowers! The whole house!"

Remy: "I've already given d' orders woman. So unless y're plannin' on redoin' d' whole thing, it ain't gonna be. Y' can grow d' flowers in d' garden outside."

Talia: "Bah!" she swatted him, then looked around the room. "So many memories here. It's nice to be back you know?"

Remy: "I'm glad y're gettin' t' see y're folks. Dey were real nice." He shrugged. "Not dat dey aren't normally nice, but dey seemed...I dunno. T' take us more seriously?"

Talia: She nodded. "Well, we're married and all. Officially. Husband and wife and all that jazz. And parents," she played with his shirt. "I guess they know we plan to be together forever."

Remy: "Yeah. An' I didn't get scalped for doin' dat either, though I suspect dat we're gonna be in deep deliberations wit' d' whole weddin' thing by tommorrow."

Talia: "Mom wants to go into to town with me and look at some stuff. That'll be so nice. I never went shopping with her before," she said to him. "We'll leave Johnny here with you and Daddy if that's ok. I think it'd be easier without him."

Talia: "Oh, Scott like, myspaced me about the family reunion. We're still going, right?"

Remy: "Of course." Really? If he got out of shopping? Hell yeah. And John had really softened, so things weren't so awkward anymore. "An' yeah. Y're still good wit' dat right?'

Talia: "Yeah, I'm good with that. You must be excited. Get to meet all these new family members and all. That'll be cool."

Remy: "Yeah. Well, I know we've talked about it bein' a good thing, an' I know it'll be good. Still a bit intimidatin' though, non?" He tweaked her nose. "At least y've gotten used t' bein' related t' Scott."

Talia: "Yeah well, if you ever wonder how much I love you...just remember. I married you even though that'd make me related to Scott," she said, tweaking his nose back mockingly. "You think your grandma'll be there? Or your mom??"

Remy: "Non. Dere not involved wit' d' family anymore. An' dat kinda makes dis easier. Enough wit' meetin' everyone I am already, non?"

Talia: She nodded. "I suppose. But like...it'd be nice to meet your grandparents, wouldn't it? To know all the rest of your family too."

Remy: "Yeah." He shrugged. "I dunno. I'll think about dat later. Still tryin' t' keep up wit' adjustin' t' what family I've got." He gave her a kiss. "Enough wit' my family. Dey'll keep. Been over twenty two years already."

Talia: She shrugged back at him. "I know....I'm just thinking about Johnny and all. Maybe it'd be good for him to know them."

Remy: "He's got a lot of people dat love him already, chere. He's not gonna be lackin' for anyone. Plus everyone at d' school, y' know?"

Talia: "Well, yeah. But like, you know, it's good for him to know blood too." she gave him a kiss. "It's up to you. It's your family and all. I was just thinking about it."

Remy: "An' thank y'. I know y're lookin' out for me." He remembered something. "Oh. Talkin' about d' place, got an e-mail. Dey said dere doin' good an' back on schedule. D' countertops get delivered next week. Should be all fixed up a good week before we're scheduled t' get back."

Talia: "That's so exciting! Our first home," she snuggled into him, running a hand up his side. "Everything's falling into place. We're such grown ups."

Remy: "I know. What d' hell happened?" He said, mock alarmed.

Talia: She rolled over onto him. "You aged me. I was a lively young thing! Now I'm an old housewife."

Remy: He smacked her bottom, but lightly so not as to startle Johnny. Or so that they'd have to answer awkward questions. Even though they were married and had a kid - her parents weren't idiots. "Keepin' y' barefoot an' pregnant. Only way t' go."

Talia: She opened her mouth, then smacked him again. "You're frikken trouble."

Remy: "Y' know it." He grinned even wider at her scowl.

Talia: Her brow raised. "There's only one way to make that work anyway." She gave him a sly look, then leaned down and kissed him. "And I honestly don't know how many kids you expect us to have."

Remy: He chuckled. "Jus' d' two. Ain't out t' repopulate d' world. Jus' someone for Johnny would be nice. An' for us t' have a child together. I mean...really together."

Talia: "That'll be nice. So...like, why're we waiting to get started anyway?" she asked, sliding her hands down his side.

Remy: "So we can have d' summer." He kissed her. "An' its lookin' like d' weddin' is gonna be around Christmas maybe, neh? If we try dis early, y're gonna be really noticibly pregnant by den. Dat what y' want?"

Talia: She shrugged. "I just want you, now," she said, creeping her fingers under his shirt as she leaned in for another kiss.

Remy: One of his eyebrows raised up, and he looked meaningfully at the wall that seperated her and her parents room. "Now?"

Talia: "Yes now," she sat up to whip her shirt off over her head. "We can be quiet."

Remy: "Not from what I remember, chere." He pulled her down and pulled the blankets up over them though.

Talia: She pressed herself against him, moving herself lower on his body. "Ohhh we can try, can't we? Come on...we're married. We're supposed to do this stuff." Her hands teased around the band of his pajama bottoms, looking up at him slyly.

Remy: "Y' remember what happened d' last time we tried somethin' here?" He grinned, and cast one last look at the door. "Alright. But y're explainin' dis if y're pere walks in."

Talia: "My dad doesn't wake up for anything, trust me," she said, slipping her hand into his pants to play with him a bit. She moved her fingers back up to the band and tugged. "Help me get them off."

Remy: He stripped, kicking them out from under the covers. Drawing her near he chuckled and kissed her, rolling them over. To her credit she was quiet, though that often meant that she was biting him to keep that way. Not that he particularily minded.

Talia: TJ sighed, trying to keep as quiet as she could, which was as much a challenge as she'd ever had, the way he was moving. She closed her eyes, her head snapping back a bit, only to have them open wide at the tiny giggle she heard from the other side of the room.

Remy: It took a little longer for him to realize that she was frozen and had her nails dug into him for not good reasons. He looked down at her quizically, and then followed her glance, met by his son's open and curious gaze. "Oh. Hey. Uhhh."

Talia: Johnny bounced a bit when his father looked to him and reached out with another giggle. "Papa!"

Talia: Talia put her hands over her face. "Oh God! Oh god oh god oh god!"

Remy: Johnny blinked and looked a little dismayed at his mother. Remy smiled and rolled over as delicately as he could, putting him closer to his son while still covered with the blanket. With this room, everything was so damned close anyways. "Whatcha doin' up? It's bed time." He shook his head at him and tutted. "Lay back down now."

Talia: He pointed his finger. "Mama," he said, looking back at his father, then giggle again, pulling himself up to stand. Talia uncovered her eyes to look at him, and he bounced. "This is great. We've like, scarred him for life now!"

Remy: He gave a sharp bark of laughter, and then muffled it quickly, mindful of Talia's parents. "Hardly. He don' even know what was happenin'. Pass me my pants will y'? Dere off y're side of d' bed."

Talia: She reached for them and tossed them over. "He doesn't now, but he will! And then what? He'll be like..an emo kid or something!"

Remy: It was awkward twisting them back on, but he managed. Slipping out of the bed he picked up Johnny, giving him a stern look and laying him back down. With second thoughts he picked up the blanket that was laying on the end of their bed and draped it over the rail. Now he should have thought of that first. "Go t' sleep." He admonished his son, passing him his elephant. "Way past y're bedtime."

Remy: Child cared for he turned back to TJ who still looked frazzled. "He won' even remember dis chere. Y' remember anythin' from when y' were one? Ain't like he's thirteen or somethin'."

Talia: She frowned. "Still, I feel like we make these stupid little mistakes all the time, and it's like, gonna effect him eventually. And here we're talking about another."

Talia: Johnny whined and pulled himself up to peek over the railing at them, reaching his arms out.

Remy: "It ain't a mistake. It's jus' normal. Hell...I'm bettin' lotsa kids have seen dat. An' it wasn't like he really saw anythin' either - we were all covered up." He sighed at the face. "Mommy an' papa wrestlin', neh?"

Talia: Johnny gave him a confused look, then another insistant noise, pointing toward the bed. TJ bit her lip at Remy. "Don't say it like that! He may think like...he can do it too!"

Remy: "Well he can wrestle..." Johnny gave a little excited jump, hands holding onto the rail. He was well familiar with that word, as it was one of his favorite things to do. "Tommorrow, mon fils." He picked him up and laid him down again, which was greeted this time with a peevish wail.

Talia: "I think he's wiiiiide awake," she said, wrapping the blanket around her and moving over to the crib. "Go to sleep, angel. Mommy and Papa are too. No more fun tonight."

Remy: He sighed. He doubted they'd be getting back to it. "Want t' take him into bed with us?"

Talia: Talia nodded. "Might as well. I doubt he wants to stay in the crib at this point." She moved to get herself dressed as Remy grabbed him.

Remy: "Y're a brat." Johnny just gave him a warm smile, and cuddled down on his chest. He slipped back into the very cramped bed and sighed.

Talia: Talia cuddled next to the two of them, pulling the blanket back over them. "You ok, Remy?"

Remy: "Nothin' dat'll kill me." He said wryly. An' it ain't really an option." He leaned over and gave her a kiss. "An'...maybe we'll have t' go for a drive tommorrow. See if y're parents can keep him for a while, non?"

Talia: She gave him a smirk. "That sounds like a great idea," she replied, giving him a squeeze. "It's kinda funny."

Remy: "Dat's d' spirit. Think about how hard people'll laugh when we tell dem dis one."

Talia: "Yeah. Well, I was thinking like..the difference between before and now, and how it's the same. We were worried about getting caught by my parents, now we gotta worry about getting caught by our kids. Sex is so not as easy."

Remy: He laughed at that. "Yeah. Actually, never thought about dat. Merde." He shook his head. "We'll jus' have t' get creative, non?"

Talia: She chuckled a bit. "Well...we're pretty good at being creative. We're lucky he doesn't know how to open doors yet. And can't get out of his crib."

Remy: "Oui." He flicked off the bedside lamp. "An' give him a few more years an' he'll learn t' knock. Either dat or we'll have t' jus' go on lotsa dates." He kissed her one last time. "Night, mon amour."

Talia: "Nite," she kissed him back, then laid a hand on Johnny's tummy, feeling it rise and fall as he slept. She closed her eyes and drifted off herself.
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator

Remy: Remy reclined on the wooden bench, the setting sun lighting the porch in a warm mellow glow and shining off the rumps of about a dozen horses in a feild not too far from them, standing placidly in the fading heat, flicking flies with their tails. He lifted the fresh beer Scott had supplied to his lips. "Nice out here, in a weird ass country way. Get why y' like it."

Talia: TJ stepped out onto the porch, joining the two. "Johnny's all settled in too. He fell asleep before his head hit the pillow," she took a seat beside Remy.

Summers: Scott twitched a fly off his bare foot and propped it against a railing post. "It's peaceful." He made a face and tacked on, "when it's not overrun with people." He lifted his water bottle in salute. "Amen to that. I'm glad you missed the hullabaloo."

Summers: He dug through the small cooler and proffered a beer to TJ. "That's good to hear. You guys had a long trip. The poor kid must be done in."

Remy: "Mmm. Good. He needed dat after all d' excitement." He put his hand on her leg. "Well. Imaginin' it's a bit more when it's not so overrun, non? Even though dis is less dan y' had a bit ago...still a lot of people."

Talia: "It was nice though. Everyone was really sweet, and Johnny had a total blast. He loves playing with other kids." She took the beer and took a swig. "Good to see what I married in to too."

Summers: "Well luckily, you'll never see most of them again. They were mostly Megan's family from Ireland, and then Uncle Arthur's family. My side's a bit small."

Talia: "Ok....so, then they were all Megan's family...and the people who are still here are from your Mom's side? Is that it?" she asked, taking another sip, and leaning into Remy a bit, putting her leg up.

Summers: "Kinda. Mom's only got the one sister, Sarah, and her husband, Arthur's got a big family, too. But my dad doesn't have anyone closer than Remy- you know, I actually could care less at this point. I'm still scrubbing crayon off my walls and gluing my trophies back together. I'm done with family. Except you guys. You guys're quiet."

Remy: He nearly snorted beer out his nose at that. "Now y' say we're quiet. Seem t' remember somethin' different from y' dat first year we were in school together Scotty."

Summers: "That was a long time ago, and you seem to have changed, yourself." He jerked a thumb over his shoulder pointing to a room above them, meaning Johnny.

Remy: Chuckling, he shrugged, moving his arm around his wife's shoulder, giving her a small smile. "Well. Not dat much. Y're jus' not near to us in room assignments no more."

Talia: She lifted her brow at Remy. "What's that mean? We don't make a bunch of noise, no one ever complains!"

Remy: "No one ever complains no more." He gave her a pointed look. "An' dat's cause we're out on our own end now. An' we'll be in d' house soon. So it will work out."

Summers: Scott stifled his laugh and hid his smirk behind his water bottle over TJ's expression at that. "Well, I hope the boat house works for you. It's a nice place. When are you guys going to move into it? On the new semester, or sometime into it?"

Remy: "When we get back. It's nearly done by now. Dey sent some pictures t' show d' progress. It's lookin' good. We'll have t' have a housewarmin'." He smiled again at Talia. "It's good t' get out somewhere we can be a family y' know? Bit more room out dere for everyone."

Talia: She nodded. "It'll be way better for Johnny too. He'll have his own place to roam. I'm so excited to move in...and like, go shopping for everything too."

Summers: "Sounds fun." He rolled his eyes and watched the horses graze around for a minute.

Remy: He laughed again, and held a beer up at Scott. "Spoken like a true guy. I'm wit' y' dere. I'll jus' let d' girls go at it." He glanced back at Talia with a mock firm look. "Jus' no pink, an' no flowers."

Talia: She gave him a look. "You are not getting out of this. I'm already doing all the wedding stuff, you are so helping pick out stuff for the house. Tough shit!"

Summers: "Well, at least you won't pick pink flowers, Remy," he said with a laugh, glad that Angel wouldn't dream of pink anything but the odd shirt.

Remy: "I'll go get all d' furniture. I like gettin' furniture. Simple thing dat. If y' think I'm spendin' time pickin' out dishes an' placemats for hours, y' got another thing, chere. If we can do it all in an afternoon? Sure. Ain't debatin' on if I like dis white plate or dat white plate more for half an' hour."

Talia: She rolled her eyes. "You're impossible. And we're not like...just gonna go get furniture. We gotta pick it out and all too." She finished her beer and put the bottle down. She was silent for a bit, watching the sun setting. "It is nice out here. Like, real peaceful, but not boring like the desert."

Remy: He looked at her bemused. "Gettin' it is pickin' it out. Jus'...simple like. Go. Pick. Order. Dey deliver. Done." He pulled her against him. "Oui. An' I think d' horses even like y'." Another small chuckle. "Scott. Dis gonna be where y' come after school? T' settle down?"

Talia: She shuddered a bit. "Well I don't like them. Mean beasty things."

Summers: "Probably, though Hank has offered me a position back at school. I'm...not sure yet." He gave TJ a mock sad face. "Hey, don't say things like that in front of them!" He waved over at the field. "They'll be offended." Sitting back in the chair, he dug around his pockets for his cigarettes.

Remy: Raising an eyebrow at the horses, he looked back at Scott. "Y' mean dey do more dan jus' stand dere an' shit, mon ami?"

Talia: "They can be offended. Horse's are mean animals," she scowled at them. "I'm ok with them since they're way out there. They can stay way out there."

Summers: "Yes. They can neigh, and gallop, and trot, and carry you to places. And they're sweet and nice and listen." Finding them, he shook out one, and lit it. "And, TJ," he added, cigarette bobbing up and down between his lips, "they're probably more afraid of you than you are of them."

Remy: Giving Scott an odd look he nodded at the cigarette. "Thought y' quit. Dis a cowboy thing?" He had to admit, with the hat, and everything else, Scott fit the part.

Talia: She took a breath. "They can be scared too...if it keeps them away," she reached in for another beer.

Remy: "Dere's a big fence, Talia. We're good." He took TJ's fresh beer from her and grinned sassily.

Talia: "Hey!!" She snatched it back from him after he'd taken a sip. "Get your own!" she stuck out her tongue.

Remy: Giving a long suffering sigh, he got up and grabbed his own beer. "Didn't we put dat into d' contract? Love in sickness an' health an' get d' beer?"

Talia: "You find me the contract and where it says it, and I'll honor it," she gave him a sweet smile. "Oh love of my life!"

Summers: "I only do it occasionally. And it's better than other things I've done...heh." He trailed off and smiled fondly at them, glad they were so happy. "If you guys want, I can roll out a sleeping bag in the kid's room."

Remy: He tickled her in retaliation. "I think we can restrain ourselves for a couple of nights Scotty. We're not quite dat bad." He peeled at the label on his bottle a bit, eye's tracking the lengthening shadows. "Y' think dey'll have a graduation or somethin' dis year? I mean...I'm sure we'll party, but still."

Talia: She giggled and swerved away from him, then leaned back into him as he sobered. "I think they'll have graduation. Right? It's the first year anyone's graduating from there.." Talia looked down at her own bottle, before taking another sip. "I wish I was graduating with you guys too..."

Summers: "I'm sure they'll be some sort of ceremony. At the very least, we should get medals for going through the shit we have." He stubbed out his cigarette butt in a handy ash tray shaped like a horseshoe. "Well, if you were, you probably wouldn't have Johnny, and that would suck more."

Remy: "Not jus' d' grad class dat deserves dat." He gave her hand a squeeze. "An' oui. Well. It'll give us an' extra year at d' school at least, an' dat will look good, oui?"

Talia: She nodded. "Well....if I'd stayed and all. I coulda still had him but done school," her lips pursed. "But yeah, another year. Not a bad thing. Just gonna be nuts."

Talia: She gave him a pointed look.

Summers: "I think everyone deserves a medal. Hey, you'll have lots of help, I'm sure, and by that time, Johnny'll be able to attend a preschool?"

Remy: "Well, we'll do good. It's a lot different now. An' we got everyones support." He shrugged. "Pas d' problem." He frowned slightly at Scott's words. "Well. We'll see. So far y're mothers group is goin' pretty good, neh?" He asked Talia. "An' I can do my work around d' schedules."

Talia: "Yeah thats going good. He won't be ready for preschool yet then, but like.." she paused. "It's gonna be alot to work around. If you know..." She stopped. "Anyway, we'll figure it all out."

Summers: "You will. The best thing is not to worry, and know you'll figure it out." He looked up at the sky, watching the constellations twinkle into view.
puppygirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by puppygirl »

(( Sorry if I wasn't meant to post this next Nacht :())

Rahne: Rahne slashed some water on her face and rubbed it with a towel, they'd just gotten back from the hospital and Vic was sorting his Mama out. God ... this was really bad! And it hurt to see Vic in so much pain ... less then a year and the next heart attack would kill her.

Rahne: She had an urge to talk to someone about this, she hadn't been on myspace ever since they'd come down to London, been to busy worrying about Mama ... she picked up her phone ... who could she call?

Rahne: Teej! She could call Teej, have a nice catch up session with her, that'd make her feel better. Smiling a little she dialed and listened to it ring.

Talia: Talia sat on a blanket, watching the two babies playing next to each other. Scott and his family had wanted to go for a ride, and Remy'd gone with, so she offered to stay back with the kids. Not a bad thing. Nothing would get her on a horse.

Talia: She jumped a bit at the little diddy she heard from her bag, and managed to dig out her phone before it stopped ringing. "Hello?"

Rahne: "Hey Teej, it's Rahne," she sat down on her's and Vic's bed and fiddled with her engagment ring, twirling it with her thumb, "I jus' fancied a chat ... so lon' as it isn't a bad time fer yer o' course ..."

Talia: "Hey Rahne! No..it's not a bad time," she said, grabbing a twig from Annabelle before she could get it in her mouth. "How are you doing??"

Rahne: "Oh ... umm ... okay I guess, Vic an' I are in London now ... " she wasn't sure if she wanted to tell Teej but she found herself saying, "jus' .. got back from tha hospital."

Rahne: Oh ... well she did need to talk to somebody about this!!

Talia: Her brow furrowed. "The hospital? Is everything ok? What happened??"

Rahne: "Vic's mama had a heart attack tha other day ... we had to call an ambulance fer her in tha middle o' tha night." Rahne said, sighing a little sadly, "She's home now though, bu' ... well it ain't lookin' good fer her Teej ..."

Talia: "Oh...I'm so sorry," she frowned. "How's Vic doing? He must be so upset."

Rahne: "He's ... well he's jus' tryin' to spen' as much time wit' her as possible now, so he's gonna be stayin' down here fer tha rest o' tha holidays," Rahne said, crossing her legs and fiddling with the zip on her boot, "I've gotta head up back home soon though an' fin' ou' if there's a church tha will marry us ..."

Talia: "Yeah...I bet he'd wanna.." she trailed off. "If you guys like...need anything, definately let us know. We wanna help."

Talia: "You're planning to get married in Scotland then??"

Rahne: Rahne nodded, "Aye ... tha doc's say Mama cannae fly anymore ... it's ... well tha said tha the next heart attack will kill her Teej ... an' tha' she's got abou' a year at mos' ..." She lifted her hand up to her mouth absently and started to gnaw on her finger.

Talia: "Man...that's terrible. I guess...a least you know like...how much time is left, you know?? For the most part.." she saw Johnny going to grab Annabelle's pacifier, and pulled him away from her, which earned her an angry whine. She dug his own pacifier out of the bag.

Rahne: "Aye ... tha's why we're nae gonna wait fer tha weddin', I didn't wan' a long engagemen' anyway bu' we've decided to set tha date to somewhere in mid-december, tha's partly why I'm headin' back up to Scotlan' fer a while, see if they've got any days free ... then we can' book a place fer tha reception, an' tha hotels an' caterers ... then we can sen' ou' invites. It's alotta work yer know?" She smiled a little dispite everything.

Rahne: "So ... umm ... how're yer?"

Talia: "Yeah, it's alot of work. I get why you wanna rush it a bit though," she pulled her knees up. "I'm good. Me and Remy are in Nebraska at this family reunion thing."

Rahne: "Oh? Yer wit' Scott? How's he doin' ... an' everyone else? Havin' fun an' kickin' back?" Rahne smiled a little wider, feeling better now that she'd got the whole mama situation of her chest.

Talia: "Yeah, we're relaxing. It's really nice. Right now I'm babysitting," she grabbed Johnny as he tried to walk off. "They all went riding."

Rahne: "Wha'? Even Remy? On a horse?" Rahne blinked a couple of times, "Oh ... please tell me yer got some pics!"

Talia: She giggled. "No...I didn't even go down there. Once they said they were going I like, totally offered to take the kids for the day."

Rahne: "Damnit ... I've paid good money to see yer hubby on horseback ... he probbaly rides like a cat," she chuckled, "Yer ain't so keen on horses are yer?"

Talia: "No way. I hate them. Totally," she laid back a bit, but at a level where she could still keep an eye on the kids. "They're such awful things."

Rahne: Rahne frowned, "We have a pony, tha' okay ... though I cannae go near a horse these days, I freak 'em ou'."

Talia: "Ponies aren't bad. Just horses," she said. "It's not a big deal, I just don't like to be around them. Oh...no!" She moved over to Annabelle who had just managed to get something in her mouth. "Open up. Let Auntie TJ have that!"

Rahne: Rahne frowned "Let aunti- oooh ... babies." She smiled, "How many yer watchin' then?"

Talia: "Just two. Johnny and Annabelle. They play together, then both go in two directions," she sighed a bit, finally fishing the small piece of leaf puit of her mouth. "Yucky! Yucky Bee!" she said to her, wiping the wet leaf off on her leg. "I so don't know how I'll be able to handle two..."

Rahne: Rahne's brow furrled, "Handle two? Oooh!! Teej you ain't are yer!?" She grinned.

Talia: "Oh...uh..." she bit her lip. "Um...not yet...."

Rahne: Rahne beamedm "Oh, you guys are plannin' on havin' another? Tha'll be so nice Teej, I coul' make some baby clothes an' toys if yer'd like, I'm gettin' back into tailorin' ..." she trailed off, "Yer soun' ... a wee bit unsure though', jus' now, if yer dinane min' me sayin'."

Talia: "Well...I dunno like, how open we're being with this, you know? We haven't even started trying yet. But we're gonna. Just...like, in a month or so I think," she said, playing with her hair a bit. "Remy's been kinda hinting about wanting another for a while, and then we like, really talked about it. It'll be good for Johnny."

Rahne: "I grew up alon' ...an' I know tha' I always wanted a brother o' sister ... bu', aye yer righ' it'll be nice fer him, bu' ... well jus' 'cos it'll be good fer Johnny an' Remy wan's it disnae mean tha yer shoul' go alon' wit' it if yer ain't sure. It's yer body after all Teej."

Talia: "No...no, I do want to have another," she told Rahne. "I definately do. Like...maybe even a little girl. It's just...I dunno, maybe I shouldn't be talking about it, since we haven't even started on it yet."

Rahne: "Ahh ... okay I get yer now ... bu' it's okay. I won't tell anyone ... I ain't sure if Vic wants to let other folk know abou' his mama bu' it's nice to jus' ... let someone know isn't it."

Rahne: "I won't tell if yer won'." Rahne smiled.

Talia: Talia smiled. "Ok, thats a deal." Her smile melted when Johnny threw his toy, hitting Annabelle on the side of the face. "Oh...Jesus Christ."

Rahne: "Tha gettin' rowdy?" Rahne asked, as she heard a baby start to cry on the other end of the line.

Talia: "Oh, my son is just being a delight. Throwing crap at his cousin," She held the phone between her ear and shoulder, picking him up to plop him in a play pen. "Time out for you, John." He began to whine and cry, standing up and shaking the play pen walls. She sighed. "Yeah. I will never have time for grown up talks again after the second one."

Rahne: "Guess yer'd better savour 'em while yer got tha chance then," Rahne smiled a little, "Or have yer nae got tha time at tha momen'?"

Talia: "Um...I guess I can stay on a bit longer," Johnny fell back into the play pen, making another angry squack. "Just a bit.."

Rahne: "Heh, than's Teej ... though dinnae worry abou' if yer have to go abruptly o' anythin', I understan' ... so how's yer own weddin' preperation's goin'?"

Talia: "Not too bad. Like..it's coming," she took a seat by Annabelle, deciding to ignore Johnny's little cries. They quieted a bit, thankfully, as he busied himself with some toy in the playpen. "You know...I have a question. Like, I know Vic is busy now with his mom and all, but before she had the heart attack, was he helping plan the wedding and all with you? Or was it all on you?"

Rahne: "Well ... tha was part o' tha reason why we came down here, so we coul' sort stuff ou' wit' here, Vic's her only son after all ... bu' now she's gotta be kept stress free so she cannae do much ... why?"

Talia: "No, I mean like..was Vic helping?"

Rahne: "Oh sorry ... I though yer mean' his Mama ... well ... he was a wee bit, bu' he's left mos' o' it up to me ...."

Talia: "Yeah....I'm asking cause like...Remy isn't doing anything. Like, everything I ask him about is all 'Whatever you want, chere', but like, I do want his opinion on this stuff too!"

Rahne: Rahne frowned in thought for a moment, "Well ... hmm ...tha' sounds like Remy ... mebby yer shoul' shock him int' helpin', if tha's wha' yer wan'?"

Talia: "I should. I should make everything pink. Like, super pink. I'll do the same with the house. He's doing the same there too!" she smiled as Annabell picked up a flower and handed it to her. "Thank you!"

Rahne: Rahne giggled, "Oh yer shoul' ... an' when he starts to bitch tell him 'Well, yer said wha'ever I wan' didn't yer? If yer wanted somethin' differen' yer shouldda said,' that migh' make him take a wee bit more o' an interest.

Rahne: She blinked a couple of times, "Umm ... Yer welcome?"

Talia: "Oh..no..Bee gave me a flower, sorry," she sighed at the pathetic 'mama' coming from the play pen. "Rahne...I should probably go...sorry.."

Rahne: "It's okay Teej, give Johnny a kiss fer me okay? An' tell Remy an' Scott Hi." She smiled, "Take care,"

Talia: "I will..thanks for calling, Rahne," she said, shutting the phone. She turned as she heard 'mama' again, giving her son a sad look. "I love you sweetie, but you're still in time out. Suck it up!"

NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

takes place while still in Arizona

Stepping out of the car, she looked up and down the small street. She’d never been into town like this before, and thought it odd that it had taken 21 years before she went on a shopping trip with her mother. Maybe odd was the wrong word, but considering the circumstances….she paused, noticing a man gawking at her from across the street. Maybe it made sense.

Christine walked around the car to join her daughter, trying to ignore the stares from the locals. “I’m thinking it may be good to look at invitations first. We don’t have to pick anything today, but it’s good to start seeing what’s out there, right?”

Talia nodded. “Sure…yeah,” she said, stepping up to the door.

“And then we’ll look at some dresses too. That would be fun, wouldn’t it?” Christine couldn’t hide the enthusiasm in her voice. “Oh, this is exciting, isn’t it?? We should have had a mother-daughter shopping trip years ago!”

TJ smiled as they entered the store, people seeming to stop what they were doing and take a look toward her. She paused nervously, her mother pausing next to her, before Christine took the initiative to walk to the shop keep. “We wanted to look at some invitations? We’re planning a wedding,” she beamed a bit proudly as she pulled her daughter over to stand next to her.

The man looked between the two of them. “We actually don’t have them right now. You can check back in a couple days, but it may be a few months. Maybe try somewhere else?”

“Oh..” Christine’s face crumpled slightly. While this was never fun, TJ was surprised she was somewhat used to it. People didn’t always want her around. She got it. It sucked, but it was something she was facing. Her mother, however, had never come into contact with this. “Are you sure it will take that long? The wedding’s not until winter, so we can wait a bit, but we do need them-“

“Ma’am,” the man leaned forward, cutting her off. “I think it’s best you try somewhere else.”

“Let’s go, Mom,” TJ took her arm and led her out. Christine followed, clearing her throat and shaking her head.

“Try somewhere else. I don’t even know another place to look for invitations in this town. It’s not as if there’s a place on every corner,” her brow furrowed a bit as she looked to her daughter. “That’s not fair.”

“Let’s look at some dresses,” TJ offered, hoping to diffuse the situation. That seemed to calm her mother and they headed down the street to the bridal shop.

“This place is wonderful, Talia,” Christine told her as they walked in. “This is where I bought my dress when I married your father. I bet you’d look beautiful in it….you may be a bit too tall for it though.”

TJ nodded and looked over a few of the dresses. A woman appeared in front of them her smile diminishing as she took them in. “Hi…we’re just shopping,” TJ told her as she turned away to another dress.

The woman was silent for a moment longer, then finally was able to speak. “We’re not a place to ‘browse’. Only serious shoppers are welcome here…brides to be and what not.”

Christine stepped up immediately. “My daughter is a bride to be, and we would like to take a look at some dresses.”

The woman paused again, then straightened herself up. “Alright. I can show you a few.”

Christine gave Talia a vindicated look. “What are you thinking, sweetie? Ohhh this is quite pretty!” She pulled out a dress with large bell sleeves.

Talia made a face. “Mom…no. No way. I want something sleeveless. Like, cut here,” she demonstrated just above her cleavage. “And like….sleek, but like…elegant and pretty.”

“I’m sure we can find something,” she turned back to the racks and pulled another dress out. “Oh Talia, look at this one! Look at the beading here!”

The saleswoman watched eagle eyed as they shopped through the dresses, picking out a few to try on. “Ladies, I am sorry but our dressing rooms are being remodeled, unfortunately, so you won’t be able to try anything on.”

“Oh?” TJ asked, almost relieved. She loved looking at the dresses, but she really wanted to lose a few more pounds before getting the dress she was going to wear.

“Well, I’m sure there’s something we can use to try them on. You must have a back store room, or even if we arranged a few racks we could make it work,” Christine told her.

The woman pursed her lips. “Ma’am there’s really not much we can do without the dressing rooms, I’m sorry.”

“No.” Christine looked at her. “My daughter is going to be a bride, and I want to see her in a dress. She’s going to try them on.”

The woman took a breath, feeling a bit threatened and backed into a corner. “Alright then.” She arranged some racks.

Christine ushered TJ behind them, handing her a dress. “Mom, we don’t have to. Like, who knows what’s gonna fit when the wedding actually comes?”

“Talia, you’re going to put at least one dress on and model it,” her eyes turned to the sales woman. “It’s about the principle. You’re going to do it because you can. Just like any other bride shopping.”

She took the dress and went behind the racks, slipping out of her clothing and pulling it on over her. She understood where her mother was coming from, but part of her just wanted to avoid confrontation. Though…she knew if this was different and it was Johnny who was being barred from things she’d be fighting it too. It wasn’t like she hadn’t done it in the past. The sales woman had helped her pull the zipper up, the dress fitting well everywhere but the bust. “Mom?” she stepped out.

Christine let out a gasp as TJ emerged. “Oh….you look beautiful!” Her eyes teared slightly as she moved closer. “Oh, angel, this is incredible. You look so so beautiful. God, I can’t believe you’re married!” she put her arms around TJ. “How did you grow up so fast?”

She gave her mother a hug back. “I guess it happens, Mom.”

Christine pulled away, wiping an eye. “Oh, don’t be so smug. One day you’ll be standing on my side watching Johnny get married and feeling the same thing. Kid’s grow up far too fast.”

“He’s got plenty of time. We have years still before anything,” she turned back to the racks to change.

“Oh, you think you do! You’ll see!” Christine stood just outside, scowling a bit as the sales woman came up to them.

“Ladies, I thank you for visiting today, but I’m going to have to ask you to leave. I have an appointment coming in.”

“Do you usually clear out for appointments?” Christine made a face. “We don’t need you to help, we can browse ourselves.”

“I’d appreciate if you do not make a scene. Thank you for coming,” she turned away.

“Wait one-“ Christine was stopped by TJ’s hand on her arm.

“It’s not worth it, Mom. Let’s just go.” She led Christine out silently, returning to the car.

“You shouldn’t just take that, Talia. You have every right to do what anyone else does. You know that, right?” she said, digging for her keys.

“I know Mom…but I also like…sometimes, it’s not worth the fight. There are plenty other places to buy a dress and invitations. It’s their loss.”

“But it’s the principle! You shouldn’t have to settle!” she opened the car and sat, her hands gripping the steering wheel. “You are a wonderful, beautiful human being, Talia. You deserve every happiness, and have the right to anything anyone else does. Never forget that.”

She put her hand over her mother’s. “I know Mom. Trust me, I know,” she smirked slightly. “You shoulda seen when they wouldn’t let us take Johnny’s picture with Santa. I was so gonna murder that elf.”

Her mother didn’t even crack a smile. “It’s so wrong. Your father and I did everything we could to protect you. It kills me that this is the kind of thing you have to face. And that now it’s transferred as well to my grandson. It’s not fair.”

Talia nodded. “We’re working on it, Mom. Trust me. And you guys did the right thing,” she gave her a smile. “And I am happy. Even with all this crap, I’m way happy. So don’t worry about it.”

Christine looked at her daughter. She pulled her over to give her a little kiss on the head. “You know I love you too, angel. You’re the best thing that ever happened to me.”

She rolled her eyes a bit at her mother’s sappiness, but could understand the sentiment. “I know. Let’s go home though. We can have lunch with everyone.”

“Alright then. Let’s go home.” Christine nodded.
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator

Remy: Remy tipped his chair back a little, sipping at his drink. "Was a nice day for walkin' around. Hot though."

Cessily: "Oh yes, it was fantastic. New Orleans is such a great place. I can't believe how many pictures I took. There's only one memory stick left." Cessily put her camera aside and picked up her fruit cocktail, leaning back into her chair. "Too bad Japh had to lie down. Poor guy, but the jet lag is really getting to him."

Talia: "Jet lag sucks. I had it major when we went from here to Scotland," she told Cessily, taking a bit of her cookie. "Maybe we can go back to the house a little later and use the pool though. Today's a total pool day."

Remy: "Well dere is a lot t' see." He nodded to Cess. "Oui. An' maybe d' heat a bit for him too, though he's pretty used t' it from home. As Talia says, he might do good wit' a dip." He took another long swallow of his drink, the condensation rolling down the side. "Or we'll jus' take him a big slushie wit' vodka or whatever in it. Dat'll do a number on him too."

Cessily: "That would be sweet, yes!" Cessily nodded. "Well I'm glad that I'm no longer affected by the heat. No longer having to worry about sweat and body odour and generally feeling icky is a definite plus side of being made of metal. And yeah, a cool swim might be just the right thing to wake him up." She looked at Remy. "A slushie with vodka? But, wouldn't alcohol just do the opposite and knock him even more out?"

Remy: "Well maybe. But at least he'd be happy." He grinned. "An' oui, dat's a nice trick. Though I can't say I mind dis. Leave me sweatin' on a chair wit' a cold drink any day over freezin' my ass off in d' snow."

Cessily: "Well, I don't mind cool drinks at all." Cessily smiled, then took a sip from her cocktail and glanced around the jazz club. "That's a really sweet place. And I like jazz a lot. I always wanted to go one of those places in Nola that normally you get to see only on TV or in the travel mags. Did you find it by chance, or do you come here regularly when you're in the city?"

Talia: "This is totally the place for jazz," she said. "We came here once before I think. I dunno if that was the first time Remy was here though. It's a cool place."

Remy: He shrugged. "Been jus' about everywhere here. Like dis place though. Nice without bein' too stuffy."

Cessily: "Yes, thanks again for the tour and taking me here. Oh, and of course for letting us stay at your place." Cessily nodded, looking back and forth between TJ and Remy. She had to smile. It still was funny to think of them as the LeBeaus. "But this certainly contributes to making this one of the best summer vacations I've had so far."

Remy: "It's a pleasure, petite. Glad t' have y' both. It's been nice seein' people." He tapped his fingers to the beat of the song. "Oui? Y've been doin' a lot of travel too. Seen lotsa stuff dats new for y'?"

Cessily: "Oh yes, with Vic paying for everything, it was the perfect opportunity to take a trip across Europe. Scotland was great, especially with Rahne's party and that big surprise. So sweet. We went to London, too. Lizzie was kind enough to let us stay at her new flat." She nodded, smiling. "That was a very nice time, as well. And then Italy, of course. Amara showed us some of the great old cities."

Cessily: "Yeah, and now we're here. So, I guess it's understandable that Japh is a bit tired. He doesn't shrug off lack of sleep as well as I do."

Talia: "Everyone's been traveling like crazy. We've been all over too. But not all over Europe. We should do that sometime," she gave Remy a little nudge.

Cessily: Cessily nodded enthusiastically. "Oh, you so should. There's so much to see. I don't even know where to start. But make sure that you're having enough time to properly enjoy it should you go."

Remy: He chuckled. "Oui, when Johnny gets a bit older. Can y' imagine globe trottin' wit' him gettin' into everythin' like he is?"

Talia: She shrugged, finishing her cookie. "Yeah, maybe in a couple of years. He's already been like, more places than I was in my first twenty years."

Cessily: "Aww, I'm sure once you two graduated and are finished with all the stuff for school, you'll have so much time to do all those things with him. I bet it's gonna be great. Johnny will have an awesome time growing up." She looked down at her drink and smiled. "But that's so sweet with Rahne and Vic, isn't it? I mean, I actually suspected something like that, but it's still lovely that they're getting married, too."

Remy: "Oui. Thought Vic was pretty against dat, but den, he's pretty in love wit' Rahne. Has been for a long time. So it makes sense." He gave Talia a smile. "Well, maybe we can nip off for a weekend here an' dere without him, so y' can log up some places. Dere's plenty I've not been too. Paris might be nice."

Talia: "Paris would be awesome! I'd so love to go to Paris!" she grabbed his drink, taking a sip. "And it's exciting with Vic and Rahne. She asked me to be her maid of honor and everything. It's like, nuts with all the wedding stuff going on though."

Cessily: "Oh, yes. I'm sure Paris would be nice. I'd like to go there someday, too." Cessily propped her elbow on the table and rested her chin on her hand. "And yeah, it's almost crazy. But in a good way. And I mean, the two deserve some happiness after all that they've been through. That makes one a bit more hopeful that in the end, everything will work out well. In one way or the other."

Cessily: She took a sip from her drink. "Makes one wonder who will be next to announce their engagement."

Remy: He chuckled. "Y' got an inside scoop on somethin' dat I don' know about petite? But y're right. Happiness is a precious thing wit' us." He smiled at his wife. "An' y' women wit' y're weddin' plans..."

Talia: "Yeah yeah, us and our plans. Don't push it, boy! I will so have catalogues out for you in a second!" she gave him a little push, then turned to Cess. "Have you heard anything we don't know?? Tell!"

Cessily: Cessily blinked and immediately raised her hands. "Huh, me? Oh no, I haven't heard anything." She chuckled. "I was just saying. And I mean, just look at Lorna and Bobby, for example. Those two have been together for how long now? I would be surprised if they wouldn't get more serious sooner or later."

Cessily: Her smile faded a little. "And I would have said the same about Lizzie and Warren, but..." She waved a hand at Remy and laughed again. "And don't you say 'you women'. I like going to weddings, but you know that I'm no one-guy, or one-girl, girl. So no marriage for me, please."

Remy: "Yeah, suppose dey could. But dey've also been through a lot, non? Who knows." He chuckled. "Well...know dat petite. But what about marryin' more dan one? Dere's gotta be some places dat is legal."

Talia: "You can't marry more than one person. That's what marriage is, it's for two people only."

Cessily: "Yeah, you can never be sure, can you," she asked Remy. "I guess I should know, but anyway, I wish them the best." Cessily frowned at TJ. "I'm not so sure about marrying more than one person, but I'm pretty sure that there are some cultures who see things differently. Just because that is the good old conservative Christian definition, it doesn't mean that it's the absolute truth."

Cessily: "And if people insist that it is, then they can keep their marriage. I don't need someones seal of approval to find love and be happy with my partner. Or partners, for that matter."

Remy: "True enough petite. Whatcha got goin' on matters d' most anyways. Bit of paper don' change how y' feel about someone. Love Talia jus' d' same as I did before I married her."

Talia: "Smooth talker," she leaned in and gave him a kiss. "I don't think you can't be happy. But like, isn't that what marriage is? Like, two people."

Cessily: "Well, like I said, that's how most modern religions and our current social norms define marriage. But did you know that monogamy is a rather recent trend in human history?" She laughed and gave them a shrug. "But like I said. I don't need a piece of paper to tell me who I love. Besides, I would never be able to decide on one single partner anyway."

Remy: "Dere's plenty of places dat people'll marry more dan one. Read somethin' about a tribe in africa where d' women have many husbands." He waggled his eyebrows at Cessily. "Anyways, it don' matter. As y' said, y' don' need d' paper."

Talia: She took another sip of Remy's drink, feeling a bit uncomfortable with the turn in conversation. She cleared her throat a bit. "Well..I guess they do it in some places..."

Cessily: Cessily resisted the urge to roll her eyes. There was no need to argue about such thing. "Yeah, like I said, I don't care what other people think. I'm already used to them regarding me as a freak because I'm a mutant, and they will do the same because I'm promiscuous and because I sleep with other girls and whatnot. Yeah, really, I don't need that."

Cessily: She put on a big smile. "But hey, let's get back to happy topics again, shall we? So, yes, it's awesome that Rahne and Vic are going to marry. And so sweet that you're going to be maid-of-honour. Oh, did I tell you already that they let me take the wedding photos?"

Remy: "Dat's good. Can't think of a better one for it, y've always had a way wit' it. Mind y' Talia's gettin' quite a talent too, but makes more sense for y' t' be doin' it wit' Talia already busy t' boot. Should be a real good party, knowin' Vic."

Cessily: "I bet it will be. Oh, and Talia is getting really good with the camera." Cessily laughed and waved her hand to order a new drink. "Well, I guess there will also be bachelor's party and hen's night, no?"

Talia: "Yeah there's so gonna be the bachelorette party. I think it's my job to plan it. We'll get some hottie strippers and stuff," she piped in. "And lots of alcohol. Cosmos!"

Talia: "I need to go back to the dark room too. I have a bunch of rolls of film from this summer and the last bit at school. I'm doing photo class with Brock again. Are you, Cess??"

Remy: He snorted. "I'm bettin' y' could out party d' boys, cherie. I've seen women go at it."

Cessily: "Why yes, of course. You bet." Cessily grinned and nodded. "It's the best course at school." She giggled, looking at both of them. "Oh, yes, we so have to plan some great parties for both of them. Yes, I guess you'll have to plan Rahne's, TJ. But no worries, I'd love to help you with that. Oh, and I'm pretty sure that Remy will get to plan Vic's."

Cessily: She gave a thoughtful nod. "Yeah, in both cases, there will have to be lots of alcohol and strippers. You can never go wrong with that."

Talia: "Oh this'll be fun to plan. Maybe we shouldnt even go out and just have strippers come to us. We could even get themed strippers, like a cop. Or maybe an army guy like Sgt Rankin," she said, a coy little smile on her face. "That'd be so hot!"

Remy: Laughing, he nodded. "Guess dat means we can have a bit of a friendly competition den chere? See who can have d' craziest party? Guess we could have d' same strippers even."

Cessily: "Oooh, yes, that would be hot!" Cessily laughed, then smirked conspiratorially and leaned closer to TJ. "And you know what? Japh looks awesome in that cowboy costume I got him. I'm hoping that I can convince him to give a little show." Cessily laughed and looked at Remy. "You know, that actually sounds like a great idea. It would be even more fun if we'd get more people from school to be the strippers."

Remy: "Really..." He'd caught some of what she'd said to TJ. "An' who are y' suggestin' den?"

Talia: She gave him a little look. "Not you."

Cessily: Cessily covered her mouth with her hand as she had to giggle at TJ's immediate reaction. "Too bad. Oh, well, I don't know yet. We'd have to see who would like to do it." She shrugged. "Now, I guess I wouldn't be the biggest attraction at the bachelor's party, but if you'd need someone for Vic's party, well, I did learn quite a bit from Jillian last semester."

Remy: "Dat's a good idea. Think Vic'd like dat jus' fine." He arched his brow at his wife. "Y' gonna try an' get Rankin for real?"

Talia: "I don't think Rankin would actually do it, but how hot would that be? Oh man, that'd be like..a dream!" she nudged Remy a bit. "And besides. You've been naked enough."

Cessily: "Hey, why so prudish." Cessily had to giggle, but was interrupted by the waiter bringing her another cocktail. "Thank you. Well, I didn't know that there's a thing like too much nudity." She covered her mouth again as another fit of laughter overcome her. "Besides... besides... think of the pictures. Those will all be valuable memories of his dad that you can show Johnny when he's older."

Talia: "Cess, I honestly don't think we need more memories to share with him. We seriously have enough to have him in therapy for a damn long while if we do ever share."

Remy: He laughed loudly at that. "Y're still worried about what happened in Arizona? An' see? Y're way too worried about bein' naked. It ain't no big deal, right Cess?" He winked at her, teasing.

Cessily: Cessily finally got herself under control again and had stopped giggling. "Why yes, Remy is right, TJ. People are soooo concerned about nudity that it's getting ridiculous. I mean, we're all born naked, for god's sake." She shrugged. "And besides, I'm a piece of malleable metal. You know, it's actually quite likely that, say, my right hand was my left yesterday, or some other part of my body."

Cessily: "So I don't care even less about people seeing me naked now. It's just natural."

Remy: "Well y' know, none of us are gonna complain if y' jus' wanna do dat, petite." He kept his arm around Talia though, so that she didn't feel too put out by his teasing.

Talia: "Don't even mention the whole Arizona thing, I totally think he understands way more than we know. And if he ends up remembering it, we're so screwed!" she told Remy. "And if naked were so natural, why does everyone wear clothes? Even Jesus wore clothes!"

Cessily: "Oh my, now if you want to bring Jesus and the whole bunch into it... You actually sound a bit like Paige now." Cessily let out a sigh and shrugged, taking a good gulp of her drink. "There are many cultures around the world who aren't as prude as we are. But to each his own, I guess. I don't want to argue about such things now."

Remy: "Oui." He gave Talia a squeeze. "Sure dat we'll all have a good time at d' parties anyways. Guess we're still supposed t' have one for us too, neh?"

Talia: TJ shrugged again. "I just only like to like..be naked for certain people..." she said. "We didn't get our party. I dunno if that's still planned or anything. We're not like...bachelors and bachelorette's anymore..."

Cessily: "So what?" Cessily's smile reappeared. "There should still be parties for you two. Because, a party is always great, no? And I think after last semester, we all deserve every party we can get. So, I'm all for belated bachelor's and bachelorette's parties. And of course I'd help where I can."

Remy: "Merci. An' I agree. We got another party planned, an' we can have a housewarmin' too. College is about partyin' after all."

Talia: "Well, we should get as much partying in while we can," she nodded. "That I agree with."

Cessily: "See? That's the right spirit." Cessily nodded eagerly. "Partying can never be wrong. So, it's agreed then? We're going to organize a party for each of you?" She paused, then added: "Oh, and seeing that you're married already, should we go without the obligatory strippers in this case, or would that be OK?"

Remy: He glanced at his wife, and shrugged himself. "I'd say it's up t' who's plannin' d' shindig. I'm not threatened by it at all. We know we're here for each other."

Talia: "There has to be strippers. Dude, since when does being married mean we don't get strippers??"

Remy: "Dere y' are den" He said with a large bit of laugh to his voice.

Cessily: "Sweet!" Cessily rubbed her hands with a gleeful smile. "So, if you want, I could get some people together to do the planning. And then you two better be prepared to be surprised with some fantastic parties."

Talia: She giggled. "We'll be so surprised!" Her hands moved to bunch her hair up into a ponytail. "Ok, I really think swimming would rock right now. We should go back and grab Johnny and Japh and hit the pool."

Remy: "Sounds good." He stood and put a few bills on the table, deciding to have one last rib. "Skinny dippin' den?"

Cessily: "Oh, I second that. Swimming will be the perfect thing now." Cessily emptied her cocktail and stood, as well, then glanced at Remy with a smirk on her face. "Well, as far as I'm concerned, always."

Talia: She raised a brow at both of them. "You can do whatever, but I'm wearing my suit. And there's so no skinny dipping if Johnny's involved!"

Remy: "Papa can watch him for a bit longer, I'm sure." He looked contemplative. "Y' gonna wear dat nice little bikini of y'rs at least?"

Talia: "Of course," she put her arms around him. "I'm not a frikken nun."