Summer 2009: Cessily

Check out what goes on between semesters here!
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

Post by Starfish »

Cessily parked her little red scooter in the driveway of Rachel's home. She took off her helmet and made her way over to the front door. It would be sweet to see her friend again, and seeing that Rachel wasn't living that far from the school, Cessily was feeling somewhat guilty for not visiting her more often. She tucked the helmet under her arm and pressed the doorbell.

Rachel pulled her face out of the cushion of the couch to stare at the entryway, frowning as the dog started barking at the door. She pushed herself up, rubbing at her eyes. She'd been trying to sleep, though it wasn't really working.

She quieted Chance by locking him in her bedroom and answered the door with a small grin, "Hey, Cess."

"Hey, Rae!" Cessily returned the grin and immediately pulled Rachel into a quick hug. "I thought I'd pay you a little surprise visit. How are you? I hope I didn't came at a bad time, no?"

Rachel returned the hug and stepped back to let her into the house, "No, I wasn't doing anything. I'm okay. How are you?"

Cessily smiled and nodded, following Rachel into the house. "That's nice to hear." She shrugged. "I guess I'm okay, too. I'm glad that summer break started, so that I get a chance to get away from the school. I really missed you, you know?"

"Yeah, it's nice...well, not that it makes much difference since I wasn't at school." She smiled, "I missed you, too."

Cessily put her helmet on a chest of drawers near the entrance and unbuttoned her leather jacket. "Yeah, you have been gone for a while now." She paused, but kept on smiling. "So, what are you doing now? Doesn't it get boring out here?"

"Um. I just got back from Boston, but normally not much. I used to have a job and worked most of the night, so I was sleeping all day...kinda. Got fired," she shrugged. "I play guitar hero a lot and stuff. My dad's at work."

"But yeah, it does get boring sometimes. I can't really go and do anything around here since most the stuff...well, wouldn't be good for me..."

"You got fired?" Cessily dropped her jacket over a nearby chair and went to sit down on the couch in the living room. "You somehow don't seem to be terribly upset about that, no?" She nodded. "But yeah, I bet that this isn't easy for you? Do you have anything planned now? I mean, what are going to do next? Did you think about coming back to school?"

"I'm not. Being a waitress isn't all that great, and Josh took me out to lunch afterwards," she grinned. "I...don't know. I'm going to school soon to see Josh, and Liz invited me to see her new flat. And, I'm coming back to school. I don't think my father will let me sit around and do nothing all year."

Cessily nodded and grinned. "That's good to hear. Not that you got fired, but that you'll be back eventually. I'm sure you'll benefit from school and all the help you can get there." She shrugged. "I'm still trying to figure out what to do during my summer break."

"Well, I considered getting fired a good thing," she shrugged. "How I got fired is kinda complicated."

"Yeah, I really need the help. I told Liz I'd find a therapist, and I meant to, but I completely forgot..." Rachel ran a hand through her hair, "I'm not exactly sure what else I'm going to do either."

Cessily nodded again and crossed her legs. "Come, sit down for a while, okay?" She patted the space next to her. "We got an invitation from Rahne to come to her birthday party. It's in Scotland, but Vic will be paying for flights. So I guess I'll grab Japh and we'll head over to Europe for a while. That should be lovely. I always wanted to see Scotland."

"And while we're over there, who knows, we might go for a little trip through Europe. There's Lizzie's place, and Amara offered everyone to come visit her in Italy, too. And then, Remy and TJ said that they'd like to have us over in New Orleans for a few days. And then there's also my family who I'll have to visit. So... I guess Japh and I can't complain about a lack of options."

She looked at Rachel. "How did you get fired? I hope you didn't get into trouble, did you?"

"Yeah, that's all pretty much open if I decide to go see Lizzie, too. And Rahne said her and Vic would like to see me. I visited Ben in Boston. Laura invited me to see her. I have to go to school to see Rogue and Josh..." she scooted over to where Cess was sitting.

"Well, first off, it was so Josh's fault," she grinned. "Basically, I punched a mascot in the face, and it turned out to be Josh. Josh had knocked the guy that was supposed to be in the suit out and stuffed him in the bathroom. So, I was fired, and I'm pretty sure Josh is banned from the place."

Cessily blinked a few times at the story, then grinned and let out a short laugh. "Wow, that sounds hilarious. Sorry, but I'm sad that there are no pictures of how that happened?" She smirked, picturing Rachel punching a mascot. "There aren't any pictures, right? But I'm glad to hear that you're still quite the same after all."

She paused, still looking at Rae. "So, that sounds like you and Josh had a great time together, in your own special way. How are things between the two of you now?"

"Well, there's not any pictures that I know of. It was during a birthday party," she shrugged. "And that wasn't exactly all. At lunch, he embarrassed me. I didn't know my face could turn that red."

"Uh, yeah. After all that, he got to talk to my father, which went over as well as it could've," she smiled, "We're back together."

Cessily beamed a big smile and couldn't resist to throw her arms around Rachel another time, letting out a squee of joy. "Oh, I knew it! You two are just too perfect for each other to stay apart for too long. That's fantastic, Rae! I'm so happy to hear that."

"That's what everyone keeps telling me..." She chewed on her lip, "He...uh...told me he loved me at lunch, which so got blown out of porportion since the chef we had thought he was proposing..."

"Oh, wow..." Cessily blinked a few times. "That's really sweet." Cessily fought back a tear and the slight sting of pain inside her chest. Another happy couple. Everyone seemed to get who they wanted to be with. "Wait, just to make sure, it really was a misunderstanding. He didn't actually propose, did he?"

"No, he didn't," she shook her head. "The chef said something about it, and I spewed my drink everywhere. It was embarrassing."

Cessily laughed. "Now I really wish I had been there with my camera. But honestly, it's sweet that you're back together with Josh. You'll see, that alone will do you so much good and help you get better. Family and friends is the best thing to have when you're not feeling quite so good. Better than any medicine." She playfully poked Rachel's side. "That's why I thought I'd come here to annoy you."

Her eyes widened. "Oh, speaking of proposing... have you heard the news about TJ and Remy yet?"

Rachel squirmed at the poke, "Yeah, that's kinda why it was so hard to leave. Like, I needed to be alone and get away from everything, but then I missed everyone. My dad actually tried to convince me to stay."

She nodded, "Kinda. I saw on myspace..."

"That was quite the surprise, I can tell you." Cessily smiled. "We all left for this camping trip, and when we came back TJ and Remy announced that they had secretly married. Isn't that absolutely sweet? Those two and Johnny will make such an adorable family. I'm just sad that I didn't get to take the wedding pictures."

Her smile faded a bit and she nodded. "Yeah, I wondered what happened between you and your dad. When you left, I first thought that he was the one that made you leave. But I think he's right. There's really something missing at the school when you're not there."

"Wow. That's awesome for them." She pulled her knees up, "Yeah. I'm better than I was though. I can...umm...control it, like the changing. I sleep better, but I still have nightmares..."

"Really? Oh, I'm sad to hear that." Cessily leaned back on the couch, biting her lip. "And those nightmares... are they related to this change you've undergone, or because... because of what's been done to you?"

"I've had both. Normally, it's what was done..." Rachel ran a hand through her hair as she got her hand to spark and glow, watching the black creep around. "I can control this now though, which is good."

Cessily nodded slowly. "Yes, I bet that you must feel relieved about that. In fact, I know how that feels. You know, when I first changed, I couldn't control my shape shifting for a while. It took me days until I could assume a solid shape again. And weeks until I finally managed to look like I do now." She gave her a smile. "What I'm trying to say is, feel happy about it."

"It's an improvement, and you'll see, given some time, you'll completely deal with what happened. I'm sure of that."

She changed her hand back to normal. Sunshine... "Yeah, I hope so. I don't have control like this all the time, especially when I wake up from nightmares, but it's a nice improvement. And, I'm getting better," she shrugged.

"That's good to hear." Cessily smiled and nodded again. "Don't worry about it, it'll get better." She sighed inwardly, wishing that she could actually believe her own words. Sometimes fate had noting but cruel intentions... no, she wouldn't mope and ponder about this now. "You know what? I think we really should be doing something with each other again."

Her smile widened. "Like, watching a movie, or go eat ice cream. Something that takes both of our minds off of all the negative thoughts."

"Well, I have ice cream here and movies. I'll even let you choose, so you don't have to suffer through The Nightmare Before Christmas again," she grinned.

Cessily returned the grin. "Hey, I like that movie, too. Mind you, not quite as obsessively as you, but I still do. How about Corpse Bride for a compromise then?"

She rolled her eyes, "I don't think anyone loves that movie as much as I do, but Corpse Bride sounds good."

"Awesome!" Cessily almost jumped off the couch. "Let me help you gather snacks and drinks and ice cream then." She paused. "Oh, before I forgot it... you know, if you ever want to hang out at my place or want me to accompany somewhere, you just have to tell me, okay?"

"Yeah, I know," she smiled, getting up. "So, kitchen is this way. We can get everything, and I can grab the movie from my room, and we'll have fun."
"The secondary penis slides into view. And they all lived happily ever after."
Kieron Gillen
puppygirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pigeon Fancier
Nightscrawlearth Character: :blink :warlock :morph :deadgirl

Post by puppygirl »

Rahne: Rahne jogged Duncan as she carried him on her hip as they fed her new pet turtle, the little boy squealed and clapped as Filbert methodically munched on the leaves. "Aww, isn't he cute eh bairn? ... An' ... really, really random at tha same time, wouldn't yer agree?" She said, turning to Cessily.

Cessily: "Oh, absolutely. On both accounts." Cessily had to laugh as she tore off a few more leaves of salad from the lettuce in her hand and handed them Rahne and Duncan. "I still can't believe you got a turtle as a birthday gifts. That's so.... so... yeah." She laughed again and shook her head. "Well, and as an engagement gift, as well," she added with a smile at Rahne.

Rahne: Rahne leant down so that Duncan was nearer the turtle's level, "Yer gotta hol' it ou' fer him bairn," she coaxed. He gave her a wide eyed look before holding out his hand, the turtle eyed it up lazily before it's head snaked out and took it. Duncan whined a little and tried to hide his face in her shoulder.

Rahne: "Ach, yer silly thin', he ain't gonna hurt yer," she shushed him before smiling up at Cess, "Aye ..." she blushed a little.

Cessily: "To be perfectly honest, I had a little feeling that you and Vic would pull such a surprise on us. Perhaps not that soon, but you two really are a perfect match." She grinned and reached over to pet the turtle on the neck. "See Duncan, he's all cuddly. You don't have to be afraid." She smiled back at Rahne. "But I did get suspicious when you put that much work in a simple birthday party."

Cessily: "I'm really happy for you." Cessily reached out to squeeze Rahne's shoulder. "And I think I haven't told you often enough yet how good you're looking."

Rahne: Duncan gave Cessily a suspecious look before tentivly reaching out to pat the turtle as well, giggling a little.

Rahne: Rahne smiled, handing Filbert another leaf, "Are we tha transparen'?" She chuckled, "Well .. he acctually proposed a couple o' weeks afore han' ... it was tottally outta tha blue fer me."

Rahne: She joined Duncan in patting the turtle, "Than's Cessily, everyone's been sayin' tha' ... so how're thin's wit' yer? I didnae really get a chance to chat to yer at tha party ..."

Cessily: Cessily paused for a moment, languidly petting the Filbert's neck instead. As much as she wanted to feel boundlessly happy - like she would have a couple of weeks ago - about a new happy couple, it didn't get past bittersweet for her. "Oh, with me? I guess I'm doing pretty okay." She put the smile back on and gave a little shrug. "I'd like to thank you and Vic for the invitation again."

Cessily: "Japh and I guessed that it would be a nice opportunity to take a trip across Europe." She nodded. "I'm sure that's going to be really sweet. And just what we need right now."

Rahne: Rahne shuffed Duncan around so that his fingers would be out of the way of Filbert's beak just incase, "Aye tha'd be good fer yer I thin' ... it's somethin' everyone shoul' do I thin' ... I woul' but I'm pretty happy wit' where I am righ' now." She smiled warming and looked down at her engagement ring.

Rahne: She then let out a yelp as Duncan grabbed the ring on a chain around her neck and tugged, "Owch!! Terror!" She untangled him from herself, "It's so much trouble arrangin' tha weddin' an' stuff, all tha plannin' an' stuff an' we ain't even set a date yet!"

Cessily: "Oh? I was just about to ask how long until the wedding." Cessily chuckled. "I bet that there's much stress lying ahead of you. I still remember the wedding of one of my aunts. I guess everyone around her started to panic during the preparations until everything was finally perfect." She laughed and winked at Rahne. "Sorry, I don't want to scare you. But I guess that's normal."

Cessily: "Though, I think you should take you time, really." Cessily gave Rahne a friendly smile. "Like you said, that's a lovely place here. So you should enjoy your time with Vic. And hey, if all else fails, you know that we're always there to help you out wherever we can."

Rahne: "I thin' I've already got some low grade backgroun' panic startin' up already ..." Rahne said dryly, standing up and shuffling Duncan around, "I'm really glad we've got everyone to help ou' though ... I've already asked Selene to help ... so our weddin' shoul' be ... memoriable if nothin' else?" She winked.

Cessily: Cessily raised an eyebrow. "Oh. Yes, yes that should be pretty interesting then. I should make sure to take enough pictures." She stood up as well, standing next to Rahne, and smiled sheepishly. "Oh, regarding this I meant to ask you... could I take the pictures of the weeding, yes?"

Rahne: Rahne blinked at her a couple of time, then smiled, "I'd hafta check wit' Vic bu' sure! Yer an awesome photographer Cess," she chuckled a little as the started to walk out of the little bit of fenced off garden that had been used to house the birthday-turtle, "I was worried fer a sec tha yer were gonna ask to be a bridesmaid ..."

Rahne: "I'm kinna worried 'bou' folk wantin' t' be bridesmaids," she said thoughtfully, "O' course I'd love to have everyone as one ... bu' if tha happened then there wouldn't be any guests," she smiled a little sheepishly as Duncan started to whine and kick to be let down.

Cessily: Cessily laughed. "Oh, yes, I guess that would be funny. But no, I thought that you'd want to pick the bridesmaids yourself, so no worries. Though, you won't be able to stop me from organizing the most amazing party ever for you." She winked again. "I mean, you deserve one simply for making Vic a husband and family guy. Who would have thought that someone could manage that?"

Rahne: "Than's," Rahne said greatfully, lowering Duncan to the floor and leaning down a little so she could hold his hand as they walked down the path, "Yer wanna grab his o'er han'?" She asked.

Rahne: Rahne laughed, "Oh God ... tha hen nigh' ... yer all gonna make me suffer arn't yer? I thin' I may have it tha week afore though, las' thin' I wanna be is hungover on my weddin'."

Cessily: "Oh yes, that's a wise idea." She smiled down at Duncan and held out her hand for him. He returned her look with wide eyes, then gave a little laugh. Cessily took his hand. "I'm shiny, ain't I?" Her gaze returned to Rahne. "But don't worry too much. I'm sure we all want to make it more fun than embarrassing. So expect lots of food, drinks and quite possibly naked men."

Cessily: Cessily had to grin when she wondered if Japh would be willing to wear that special cowboy dress another time.

Rahne: "Isn't she a pretty shiney lady?" Duncan giggled and lifted his legs up off the ground, swinging from thier hands and giggling madly, "Hee, wanna play swin'?" She started to swing her arm and he giggled again.

Rahne: "Oh, food drin' an' naked man I can handle," Rahne said grinning at the girl.

Rahne: She looked back over to the house and thought for a moment, "Umm ... Cess?"

Cessily: Cessily couldn't hold back a giggle when she helped Rahne swing Duncan back and forth between them. She looked back up at Rahne. "Yes, what is it?"

Rahne: "Yer ... well yer liked Vic ... so ... is our bein' engaged like ... are yer okay wit' it?" Rahne said, feelin a little awkward, "Yer two are such good mates an' all, an' I nearly ruined tha fer yer both 'fore ... I jus' worry sometimes yer know?"

Cessily: Cessily hesitated for a moment, her eyes fixed on the horizon. That topic had caught her by surprise. Even though she should have expected this to come up sometime again. "I know how you feel. Honestly." Her gaze moved back to Rahne. "I guess when you're trying to lead a poly-amorous relationship, worrying about such things is pretty much a given. I mean, I knew that from the beginning."

Cessily: "I won't lie to you and say that I'm not a little bit sad that the fun Vic and I had is over now, but believe me when I say that I'm fine with it and can understand both of you. So, please don't worry about it, yes?" She sighed. "This lifestyle that I've chosen for myself... I knew that it wouldn't be easy and that there won't be many people whit whom this could work over a longer time."

Rahne: Rahne smiled at Cessily and nodded, "Aye ... good, I was jus' worried 'cos I didn't wan' anyone's relationships to suffer ..." She looked down at Duncan and lightly tugged on his hand, lifting him up.

Rahne: "Yer've been havin' alotta trouble wit' tha recently aye ... Vic tol' me abou' wha happened wit' Tessa ... how yer findin' it?"

Cessily: Cessily let out another sigh and gave a small shrug. "What can I say? It's... pretty hard. I mean, I have no idea how I should deal with this. It's not like breaking up, you know? People have broken up with me before. It's just something... I have to learn to live with. Most people decide they can't be in a poly relationship. That's something I simply have to accept. I'm so happy to have Japh, though."

Cessily: "But this?" She paused, and shook her head. "This is different. We didn't break up. Tess... our love has just been, you know, taken away. There's nothing I can do. I guess the hardest part is that there's no one to blame and no one I can be angry at. Even if it would have been at myself." She sighed again. "You have to understand, all the happy couples around me don't make it easier."

Rahne: Rahne looked down at the floor, "Aye, I know, tha's why I was askin' if yer okay wit' it ... bu' like yer said, yer've got Japh who's a sweetie an' yer such a sweet person yersel' Cess, wit' alotta love to give. Yer'll be happy again, I jus' know it." She gave her a warm smile.

Cessily: "Thank you." Cessily returned the smile. "Yes, it's wonderful to have Japh. Unfortunately, I had to find out that this doesn't make the loss any less severe. It's like losing any loved one, just because you still have others, it's still terrible. But Japh certainly kept me from simply breaking down." She paused. "To be honest, the hardest part is seeing her being so happy with Andreas."

Cessily: "I know that this is kinda selfish of me, and I'm actually really glad that Tessa is better again, but still... I'm not jealous or anything, but... but... I just ask myself if love really is what I always believed it is." She smiled sadly at Rahne. "Sorry, I didn't mean to bring you down. Just ignore my rambling."

Rahne: "Yer allowed to be selfish some o' tha time," Rahne shrugged, "Tha's wha' I had to learn, an' ... well tha really does depen' on wha yer believe love to be ... bu' tha's personally an' I yer dinnae have to tell me if yer don't wan'."

Cessily: "Well, finding out about these things is what I'm trying to do right now, so I'm afraid that I can't really give you a clear answer here." Her smile broadened a bit. "Perhaps that trip will help me find some answers and a direction for myself. At the moment, I feel just lost." She looked around. "In any case, the scenery here is perfect to find some much needed inner peace, so that's a good start."

Rahne: Rahne chuckled, "Everyone says tha' abou' here, it's like ... tha perfect place to chill man ..." She stopped as Duncan started to squeal excitedly when they turned the corner and spotting Vic sprawled out on the grass in the sun. Rahne shrugged again and gestured for Cess to let go of Duncan's hand.

Rahne: The little boy toddled over to Vic and proceeded to start climbing up onto his back, Vic opened one eye and smiled a little before giving the girls a languid wave and closing his eyes again. "I hope yer fin' yer way Cess, my only advice is dinnae look too hard, it'll come to yer one day, when yer least expectin' it," she smiled warmly as Duncan patted down the fur on Vic's back before curling up on him, "yer get wha I'm tryin' to say?"

Cessily: "Yes, I think I know exactly what you mean." Cessily returned Rahne's smile in kind as she slowly stepped over to them. Instead of saying anything else, she just nodded, hoping that Rahne was right. Perhaps she was. After all, hadn't everyone thought that she was dead not long ago? And now things looked so bright for her. She sat down in the grass, while Rahne settled next to Vic.

Cessily: Cessily nodded again, watching the three of them for a few seconds. A grin appeared on her face. "You know, I actually still think that believing in fairy tales isn't that foolish, after all."
Image NightscrawlearthImage

Pup's Blog -- Pup's Tumblr
"Why can’t people appreciate how much effort I put in to not becoming a serial killer?"
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator
Title: Sometimes the bark isn\'t worse than the bite

Post by littlebamf »

Cessily stood in the corner of the room, nervously stepping from one foot to to the other while she tried to find a place where to put her hands. That probably made her look even more out of place than usually. The photo studio Lizzie had taken her to was definitely more impressive than the thing they tried to recreate in the Danger Room back at the school.

Eventually she decided to simply put her hands behind her back and tried to not look too excited. Her gaze darted back and forth between the photographer, various assistants hurrying about, and the impressive equipment. Cessily had to admit that she was a tad envious, but at the moment she focused more on not being in anyones way.

Anton bounced on his heels a bit, then went over to Elizabeth's fabby shiny friend. "Oooh, where is she? She should be readby by now - oh, Belle!"

Seeing her emerge, Anton pounced, and started erajusting her slip, hair and boobs with a generous squish.

"Agh! Anton!" Lizzie swatted him away. "I swear you enjoy that too much!" she looked at his face, and shook her head slightly, then gave Cess a smile. "How are you finding it?"

Cessily hoped that she didn't overtly stare when she looked LIzzie up and down. At the same time, she struggled hard to not giggle at Anton. Lizzie had warned her about his antics before coming to the studio, but she still found herself quite unprepared for all the excitement. She quickly looked back at Lizzie's face, smiling sheepishly. "Oh, it's wonderful, Liz. You look great. Really great."

"Yeah, it's pretty nice. I get to keep it too," she grinned. "I suppose I'd better go pose then!" she chirped and skipped off towards where they were waiting for her.

Leaning after her, Anton gave her a quick spank on the rear. "Yes, you're running five minutes late young lady! Get sat and pose your heart out!"

Jumping at the spank, she scowled over her shoulder. "Sorry, I didn't sleep much last night, I had company!"

This time Cessily couldn't hold a laugh back, even though she hid her mouth behind her hand. She looked around, unsure what to do, but then decided to stay at Anton's side. She'd have a good view of the shooting from this point. Cessily raised an eyebrow at Lizzie's last comment, wondering if said company was who they'd had talked on myspace about.

Making a face, she hopped over to the waiting photographer and gave him a delightful smile which has his bad mood shifted in minutes. She was posed, then a makeup artist wandered across to touch up her blush. Oh, she hated that...

Anton rolled his eyes at Lizzie's face, then grinned at the metallic girl - wow! - deviously, sidling over. "She is awful at times! Though she does love the attention something frightful in truth, no matter what she says, she loves it!"

Cessily glanced over to Anton and gave him a somewhat insecure smile in return. "Oh yes, I think she really likes her job. After all, that's what she tells me. Quite stressful at times, but still enjoyable. Yeah..." She combed through her hair, finding herself looking back at Lizzie for a moment, who was going through a series of poses. "You know, this is really interesting for me."

"I'm a hobby photographer myself. Not a professional, mind you, but it's my hobby. I'm really trying to get better at it. Yes..."

"Oooh, fab!" he flashed her a genuine grin. "Well, I hope you learn something today!" he beamed, then snickered as Lizzie overbalanced as she was leaning backwards while stradding a chair. "Well! She wasn't lying when she said she didn't sleep much!"

Cessily laughed again. "Yes, I hope so, too. All this stuff is certainly quite impressive. I always regarded taking pictures as something relaxing, but I can see now why this can be a stressful job." Cessily took a few steps here and there, trying to get a better view at what the photographer and Lizzie were doing, but was careful not to get in the way.

"Uhm, yeah, as far as I know, she's been out late at night more often lately." Cessily smiled and shrugged. "But I think that does her more good than bad."

"True, true," he mused, regarding the girl. "It is good to see her happy and smiling away. She was so...Yes, well," gesturing a little nervously with his hands, the grin returned and he motioned for Cessily to join him to the left of the photographer. "Belle! Work it! Please, sexy! Be sexy!"

Lizzie swung round and put on her best pose, smouldering at the camera. "Sexy? No, I thought I had to look nerdy," she muttered out of the coerner of her eyes and flicked her hair obsinately.

"Oh, yes... way better..." Cessily was quite possibly staring open mouthed for a second or two when Lizzie went through various alluring poses and she almost pumped into Anton as she trudged after him. "Well, yes, what I meant to say is that it's much better to see her smiling again. Things at our school had been very stressful
lately."

Cessily wasn't sure how much Anton knew about what had happened, so she left it at that.

"Oh?" he made a face. "How awful, I am sorry to hear that you've all been going through hard times..." he didn't want to say much more incase he inserted his Gucci into mouth. or Lizzie inserted her Jimmy Choos into his mouth for saying something out of place.

Arching her back, Lizzie mentally rolled her eyes. "I can hear you!"

Cessily waved her hand and stuck out her tongue at Lizzie, snickering. "You keep focusing on looking sexy, will you?" She looked back at Anton. "Well, yes, but we all have to look ahead, don't we?" She gave a shrug. "Anyway, I guess this summer break time is what everyone of us needed. To be honest, I'm really excited that Lizzie offered to take me to one of her shootings."

"Yes, you have an outfit change in a mo, Belle, so just hold out!!" he waved, grinning evilly. "Ah, yes, she does like a bit of company now and then at these. She used to sometimes drag...Well, mostly, it's fine to bring someone, if tey know how to stay out of the way! She gets her work done so no one minds!"

Cessily refrained from telling Anton that Lizzie could find those shootings boring from time to time. She didn't want to cause her any trouble. "Yes, of course. I'll be really careful, promised. No one will even know that I'm here. Still, I'm thankful for the opportunity to watch professionals doing their work. There's only so much you can learn from books and documentaries on TV."

"Oh true, true! And ask questions if people don't look too busy! I'm sure no one will mind!"

Lizzie was told to go change, and slipped off the seat, running for the screen to change into her next outfit. "He's not annoying or embarassing you, is he Cess?" she came out, slyly elbowing Cess in the ribs.

"Oh, no no, he's nice. And really helpful." Cessily grinned and looked at Anton, making sure he was momentarily distracted, before leaning over to Lizzie. "I think he's kinda adorable, in a terribly excited and hilarious way. Do you think we can keep him?"

Lizzie blinked a bit, poking her head around the screen. "His boyfriend might object..."

Cessily gave a short laugh and winked. "Or we could just ask him to come along. I'm sure he has to be just as fun as Anton." She quickly glanced from left to right, her excitement clearly visible in her fidgety fingers. "Have you seen the camera of the photographer? That thing must have cost... several times as much as mine. Oh boy, I so wish I only had one day to play around with that stuff."

"Thanks again for taking me here, Liz. Just looking at all this makes me want to start doing my own shooting right away."

"Yeah, mu brother has one like it. His prize posession, it is," Lizzie nodded, squirming as someone started to fuss with her hair. "And don't meantion it, I get dead bored sometimes when these things take ages..."

Cessily nodded absently, still glancing around with wide eyes like a child let loose in a candy shop. "That's hard to believe. Everyone looks so excited. But I guess that changes once you have done it for a while, no? It all becomes routine after a while, no?" She smiled at Lizzie. "I mean, you look like you could pull off those poses in your sleep. But you still like the job, don't you?"

"I do," she gave a smile, "But - every job can get a little boring after a while. Back in a tick," she nodded and scooted off to the pile of cushions waiting for her.

Anton rolled his eyes as he went to keep Cessily company again. "She off again? Well, only three more sets then that should be all!"

"There's three more sets?" Cessily raised her eyebrows and looked back at Lizzie who was reclining on the pile of cushions. "Now, I can see why this is rather taxing at times. This all looks so hectic and... I don't know... routine?" She shrugged. "Don't get me wrong, but I had always thought there'd be much more creativity involved in these shoots. You know, like... art?"

"Oh, yes, yes but she's not doing artistic modelling today, today she's a lingerie model!" Anton beamed. "She does several areas! I do know what you mean, it can get a little routine, but there's somethign different every week!"

"Oh, I see." Cessily nodded eagerly. "Well, that's something different then. Variety is a good thing." An impish smirk appeared on her face as she glanced back at Lizzie, who was lounging on the cushions. "And well, I'm certainly not complaining that she decided to do lingerie modelling today."

"She decided?" Anton chuckled. "Oh she doesn't get to pick or shose what job she does when. She's entitled to turn a job down, but she's generally very good for taking what I get for her. She's getting very popular in Europe, a new Twiggy, some say!"

"Oh, yes, I'm sure you're right about that. I even saw a pictures of her on a huge poster at the airport when I arrived. But please make sure that you leave her some free time, too, yes?" Cessily gave Anton a sweet look. "I'm sure she needs some time for fun right now. After all, it's summer break."

"Oooh, I do, I do! She does like to have things to do to keep her occupied but I always make sure my girls and boys have plenty of time to play. It keeps them looking great for the camera!" he patted Cessilys shoulder. "And you make sure she has fun too! She loves having her friends around!"

"No worries about it. That's why I'm here, after all. I don't want her to feel lonely." Cessily smiled and looked back at Lizzie when she came strolling back from the current set. "You're looking gorgeous, Liz!"

Lizzie smirked at Cess and stuck her toungue out. "I'm sure. Almost done, then we can go do...Something. I don't mind, you pick."

"Sure." Cessily nodded. "How about doing something relaxing? We could go for coffee and ice cream. Or perhaps a nice dinner at a later time." Cessily tugged on her lower lip. "Oh oh, and I definitely think you should show me the local night life. You know, it has been ages since I've been to a nightclub or something. I'm sure you know some fabulous places."

Cessily had to smile when she realized that she had just said fabulous.

"Um, I suppose. It's been a long, long time since I went clubbing properly here. I usually only go to the Hellfire Club. But, it's not really the sort of place you're probably thinking of..."

"Hellfire club?" Cessily raised an eyebrow. "Well, the I would lie if I say that the name didn't sound intriguing. Sounds like an... uhm, hot place? But why wouldn't that be what I'm thinking of?"

"It's not..." she thought it over. "It's more of a place to socialise with, well, the incredibly rich and high society. It's not a place to go have fun and dnace and party, not really. And anyway, I'm going tomorrow night with Sebastian. It's a fine place, but not so many nights in a row!"

Anton rolled his eyes. "oooh, Sebastian. So the piccy in heat was right! Oh you dark horse, Belle!" he tapped her rear, again.

Cessily smirked and crossed her arms. "Ah, so Sebastian, yes? Well, I guess I can attest either of you some really good taste, then." She nodded. "But you're right, it doesn't really sound like a place for me. So... I don't know, we don't have to do anything stressful tonight. I'd be fine with just staying at home, if you'd prefer that."

Her smile widened when an idea crossed her mind. "Or perhaps... hey, all this professional photo-shooting and modelling make me want to get my own camera out. You know what, we could do our own photo-shoot, don't you think?" She winked at Lizzie, only partly joking.

"Well, we can visit some places. There's a club I know over in Camden that'd be better, though you may get stared at for the first half hour."

Batting her eyelashes, she started to go back to the changing area. "And you know I'm always wiling to give you some practise with your camera!"

"Sounds good. And no worries. I'm used to that by now. Besides, that should give you some rest from being stared at all the time, because, I mean, you're a beautiful model and..." Cessily put on the sheepish smile and scratched her head. "Yeah, right, I guess I'll stop with the clumsy compliments now. I'm sure you've heard them all."

"Oh, don't worry, I'm still only a triple take - ooh, you're on the Rimmel posters that don't have Kate Moss!" she waved a hand. "So that's settled then!"

"Oh, it is! And you'd better have fun, darling! If not you are in soo much trouble!"

"No worries, Mr. Anton," Cessily said with a laugh and another wink. "I'll make sure that she does."
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator
Title: Sometimes the bark isn\'t worse than the bite

Post by littlebamf »

"So much for the cliche that London is always foggy and rainy," Cessily said as she looked up at the clear sky and the burning sun. "I don't think that I'm going to get much of a tan, but the warm sun still feels good to me. And this roof terrace totally rocks, Lizzie. Looks like I have to stat modelling myself to afford one. But I know that I want one."

She was about to take off her shirt, but hesitated and looked over to Lizzie. "Oh, I guess you better have some sunglasses, or I'll have to sit in the shade. You know, my shininess tends to blind people on sunny days." Cessily gave a sheepish grin.

Laughing, she reached over to a pile of her things, picking up some shades and a bottle of sunblock. "Well I dont intend to tan either, I just like sitting up here." She tossed the bottle from hand to hand.

"Sweet!" Cessily proceeded to take off her shirt and pants and put them neatly on the ground, then looked around. "And I can see why. It's beautiful, and you've got a nice few from here. I wonder if there are any spying neighbours around." She glanced over to the bottle that was been tossed around. "Want me to do your back?"

"Oh, no, no spies. It's totally privet," she smirked, the looked at the expression on Cess's face, before glancing at the bottle and passing it over. "Knock yourself out," she smiled, tuygging her own shirt off and rolling on to her back.

Cessily smiled and moved over to Lizzie, kneeling down next to her chair. "Another plus of the sunny day is that I won't have cold hands today." She poured some of the lotion onto her palm and started to slowly rub it into Lizzie's back. "Oh, by the way, Vic let me know that he booked the flight to Italy for me, so I'll be leaving again by the end of the week."

"Yeah? Well if there's anything else you want to do while you're here, let me know and we'll see about it." Shifting about a bit, she jumped a bit as the other girls hands touched her. "Sorry, I've always been a bit odd with my back now and then."

"It's been nice having you staying, you should come another time. Though I'm running out of summer holidays now..."

Cessily slowed down. "Oh, sorry, I'll be careful. I'd really love to. I've honestly enjoyed staying here with you." She smiled and gave a little shrug. "Well, maybe I can stop by for another weekend on my way back to the US. I can call you about it when I know how long we're going to stay in Italy. And if that doesn't work, there's still the entire next semester for us to hang out with each other."

"Well, so far it's nice enough just hanging out and relaxing a bit. I have the feeling that this is helping me a bit. I guess this trip is what I needed." She paused. "How about you? I got the impression that you've been smiling a bit more often recently."

"If you have time, that'd be good. Though it's July and we're going to be going back to school before you know it, so maybe just waiting til then isn't so bad. Don't worry, I'm not lacking for company as much as I was now," she smirked a bit.

"It is nice to see you happier, a trip away can help a lot, as long as you make sure you're not doing it to avoid the problems..."

"Ah yes, there's always Mr. Shaw, no?" Cessily copied the smirk. "And who knows, perhaps some others from the school will stop by for a surprise visit. I mean, a lot of them already are in Europe." She nodded. "Well, there's no need to worry about that, you know? If there's one thing I don't tend to do, it's avoiding problems."

"Ah yes, there's always Mr. Shaw, no?" Cessily copied the smirk. "And who knows, perhaps some others from the school will stop by for a surprise visit. I mean, a lot of them already are in Europe." She nodded. "Well, there's no need to worry about that, you know? If there's one thing I don't tend to do, it's avoiding problems."

She frowned, still busy with massaging Lizzie's shoulders. "I guess I usually do the opposite and dwell too much on them. And believe me, it's more often on my mind than I wish it were."

"I know how that feels..." Lizzie bit her lip. "It's just...Really hard to not think sometimes. Even when you do have a distraction."

"Yeah..." Cessily moved back to her chair and sat down. "I've been trying to find a way to deal with it more easier, but I guess there's no easy way out." She sighed and shrugged. "That pretty much the only thing I've found out so far. Sometimes it feels more like my thoughts are moving in circles and are not leading to anything."

"Sometimes...I think I'm fine with it. That it's better this way. Warren was terminally ill, after all, so...He's not suffereing now. And that's good. But, I still miss him and wish he was here, but that's selfish, in a way. I'm putting my feelings before the pain he was in."

Cessily slowly nodded, sitting in an awkward position with her hands folded between her knees. "Yes, I see. But I don't think it's selfish. Everyone wishes that the loved ones they lost were still with them, after all. You know, I'm sure he'd want the same. You know, spend the time he has with the girl he loves." She gave a small smile. "It's what I would want to do."

She scratched her forehead. "Uhm, I hope what I'm saying doesn't make it more difficult for you."

"But I'm not in the same position," she waved her hand a little, sitting back up to rub some cream on her arms. "And, it's okay. You can talk about it, I don't mind..."

Looking around, Lizzie sighed heavily. "Talking is better than bottling things up and not letting them out."

She smiled again. "Yes, this is true. It's... actually, you're one of the few people with whom I talk about it in depth. You know, it's not like the others wouldn't be there for me and listen, but to be honest, that's all they can do... listen. They wouldn't really understand, at least, most of them wouldn't. And I don't want to burden them with my problems."

"So many people getting happy, they don't deserve to be dragged down by my problems. Not that I want to drag you down, but I have the feeling that you understand. So, yeah, talking helps... really."

Streching her legs out, she shrugged a little. "Well, I've always been sort of a secondary school councellor. I'm just used to it, not that I mind helping people, but it's just sort of second nature now, I don't even think about it."

"It's because you're really good at it." Her smile widened. "Honestly, I think you have a lot of insight. And I know few people your age who are that mature. Besides, people like you, and they trust you." Cessily grinned. "So yeah, you're the perfect counselor. But I think this time it's your turn to let it all out and be angry at the world, and it's our job to listen."

"Because, I don't feel good complaining to much about what happened to me when you've been off worse. It doesn't feel right."

"Well, that's a hard one. You're in pain too, and have had your heart broken..." she gestured slightly, then reached for her iced glass of juice. "Pain comes in different levels...You've been hurt as much as you can, by what's happened to you. Of course, it's a different level of pain but ti doesn't mean that you don't desreve to talk about it, and have help getting over it any less than someone like me..."

"Hm, yes, that's true, again." She paused. "It hurts. Quite a lot. You know, I've been dumped or left before, so... I guess I know how to deal with that to a certain degree. It's something I had to expect when I decided to try this out with the poly relationships. It's a wonderful miracle that Japh has stayed with me for that long, despite of my occasional moodiness and my quirks."

"But this is different. Tess and I didn't break up. And so... there's no one to blame, you know? No one to be angry at. No lessons to learn for the future about what I could have done differently." She huffed. "Maybe except for the possible solution of never falling in love ever again." Cessily shook her head and looked down. "Though, I don't think I could live that way."

"No, it's not good to give up on love entirely, and it isn't really anyones fault, but that doesn't mean it's not going to hurt. Of course it will hurt. I'm lucky, I have someone to blame, I suppose, but it's not like I can take that fury out on them..."

Sipping her drink, she stood up and walked to the rail, looking out over London. "You always just have to hope tomorrow will bring something better, but don't forget entirely...I know, some people will probably say its better to let go entirely, but you should always keep a piece. If you can't do that...did you ever really love them?"

Cessily remained silent for a few seconds, first looking at the floor, then at Lizzie's back. "You're right, of course. And I don't think I could survive without love. Sometimes it feels like being close to other people is what reminds me that I'm one of them. That I'm still alive. And I do want to hope... I really do." She paused again.

"Yeah." Cessily's eyes followed Lizzie's gaze and she looked down for a moment. Then a smile appeared on her face. "But do you know what? Back in Scotland, I saw Vic and Rahne being so happy together. Who would have believed a few month ago that such a wonderful thing could happen to them? So I was thinking, that having some hope for the future can't be such a bad thing."

Cessily hesitated, but after a moment she slowly moved closer to Lizzie, stepping behind her back. Wrapping her arms around Lizzie's waist, she rested her head on the other girl's shoulder. "Tell me if I shouldn't do this, okay?"

"It's fine," she put her hand on Cess's, tilting her head to the side to rest it against the other girls. "And...I know what you mean. It does give hope, but not for me. Of course, I may find someone I can fall in love with, but not...I've accepted it though. Life never works out that way for me, and it never has. I was silly to hope I'd be able to live my dream any longer than I did."

"I wish I could say anything smart or wise to this." Cessily closed her eyes. "That I disagree with that view or that this is simply not right. But, I just can't. Not now that I feel the same way. I had thought that my life is a fairy tale. But now when I look back, it's obvious that this isn't the truth. It has been a constant up and down. And it's going to stay that way."

"True...It is always easy to look back with rose tinted glasses, but sometimes that's just because its easier than seeing the world how it really is. It just can't be helped. But life goes on."

"It does, even if we want it to pause for a moment so we can cherish the good moments for a while longer. But I guess that's not the way it works. Actually, it's why I like photography so much. I like to believe that it let's me keep those moments around." Cessily chuckled. "But perhaps that's simply fate's way of telling us to enjoy things while they last."

Cessily smiled again, then sucked on her lower lip. Before giving herself a chance to change her mind, she held Lizzie tighter and moved in to place a kiss on the other girl's neck.

"Or to take what you get when you can get it," she squirmed a little at the neck kiss, then shifted her head to the side, kissing her back.

"Mmm, yes," Cessily commented when they broke the kiss. "Seems like a wise thing to do." Cessily smirked as she looked at Lizzie. "If you allow me to make a somewhat direct suggestion, we could move someplace more comfortable. You know, no strings attached, like we said. Just another of those good moments in life to cherish before it passes."

"Well, aren't you forward!" Lizzie raised her eyebrows. "Well, if you like. But we need to at least throw a blanket over the stuff or it'll ruin in the sunlight," she nodded her head to the pile of things near the chairs that inculded the juice and suncream.

Taking a few steps away, she kept hold of Cess's hand, inclining her head towards the door.

"Sure, I can help you getting all of it to the shade." Cessily winked and let herself be led away by Lizzie, a wide smile on her face. "And hey, you said that summer break will be over sooner than we think it will. So why waste time?"

Bending over with deliberateslowness, she picked up a blanket that was over the back of a chair and tossed it over the things. "Oh, no reason to waste time, so lets get on!" she tugged Cess to her, slipping a hand around her wait, fingers just tucked in her waistband.

"Or...It's not too uncomfortable up here, and remember, no neighbours..."

Cessily bit her lip, gently leaning into Lizzie. "Now look who's being forward." She grinned before wrapping her arms around the other girl to pull her into another kiss. "But I have to say, that's a wonderful idea." She looked up at the sky. "Such a lovely, sunny day. Would be a shame to let it go to waste. And I'm sure we'll a find a way to get comfortable enough."

For a brief second, she wondered what she was doing, but it slipped away. It had been a long time since she'd acted like this, that was all. Deepening the kiss, Lizzie slipped her hands futhur down. "In certain situaltions I can get comfortable on an iron fence..."
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Remy: Remy tipped his chair back a little, sipping at his drink. "Was a nice day for walkin' around. Hot though."

Cessily: "Oh yes, it was fantastic. New Orleans is such a great place. I can't believe how many pictures I took. There's only one memory stick left." Cessily put her camera aside and picked up her fruit cocktail, leaning back into her chair. "Too bad Japh had to lie down. Poor guy, but the jet lag is really getting to him."

Talia: "Jet lag sucks. I had it major when we went from here to Scotland," she told Cessily, taking a bit of her cookie. "Maybe we can go back to the house a little later and use the pool though. Today's a total pool day."

Remy: "Well dere is a lot t' see." He nodded to Cess. "Oui. An' maybe d' heat a bit for him too, though he's pretty used t' it from home. As Talia says, he might do good wit' a dip." He took another long swallow of his drink, the condensation rolling down the side. "Or we'll jus' take him a big slushie wit' vodka or whatever in it. Dat'll do a number on him too."

Cessily: "That would be sweet, yes!" Cessily nodded. "Well I'm glad that I'm no longer affected by the heat. No longer having to worry about sweat and body odour and generally feeling icky is a definite plus side of being made of metal. And yeah, a cool swim might be just the right thing to wake him up." She looked at Remy. "A slushie with vodka? But, wouldn't alcohol just do the opposite and knock him even more out?"

Remy: "Well maybe. But at least he'd be happy." He grinned. "An' oui, dat's a nice trick. Though I can't say I mind dis. Leave me sweatin' on a chair wit' a cold drink any day over freezin' my ass off in d' snow."

Cessily: "Well, I don't mind cool drinks at all." Cessily smiled, then took a sip from her cocktail and glanced around the jazz club. "That's a really sweet place. And I like jazz a lot. I always wanted to go one of those places in Nola that normally you get to see only on TV or in the travel mags. Did you find it by chance, or do you come here regularly when you're in the city?"

Talia: "This is totally the place for jazz," she said. "We came here once before I think. I dunno if that was the first time Remy was here though. It's a cool place."

Remy: He shrugged. "Been jus' about everywhere here. Like dis place though. Nice without bein' too stuffy."

Cessily: "Yes, thanks again for the tour and taking me here. Oh, and of course for letting us stay at your place." Cessily nodded, looking back and forth between TJ and Remy. She had to smile. It still was funny to think of them as the LeBeaus. "But this certainly contributes to making this one of the best summer vacations I've had so far."

Remy: "It's a pleasure, petite. Glad t' have y' both. It's been nice seein' people." He tapped his fingers to the beat of the song. "Oui? Y've been doin' a lot of travel too. Seen lotsa stuff dats new for y'?"

Cessily: "Oh yes, with Vic paying for everything, it was the perfect opportunity to take a trip across Europe. Scotland was great, especially with Rahne's party and that big surprise. So sweet. We went to London, too. Lizzie was kind enough to let us stay at her new flat." She nodded, smiling. "That was a very nice time, as well. And then Italy, of course. Amara showed us some of the great old cities."

Cessily: "Yeah, and now we're here. So, I guess it's understandable that Japh is a bit tired. He doesn't shrug off lack of sleep as well as I do."

Talia: "Everyone's been traveling like crazy. We've been all over too. But not all over Europe. We should do that sometime," she gave Remy a little nudge.

Cessily: Cessily nodded enthusiastically. "Oh, you so should. There's so much to see. I don't even know where to start. But make sure that you're having enough time to properly enjoy it should you go."

Remy: He chuckled. "Oui, when Johnny gets a bit older. Can y' imagine globe trottin' wit' him gettin' into everythin' like he is?"

Talia: She shrugged, finishing her cookie. "Yeah, maybe in a couple of years. He's already been like, more places than I was in my first twenty years."

Cessily: "Aww, I'm sure once you two graduated and are finished with all the stuff for school, you'll have so much time to do all those things with him. I bet it's gonna be great. Johnny will have an awesome time growing up." She looked down at her drink and smiled. "But that's so sweet with Rahne and Vic, isn't it? I mean, I actually suspected something like that, but it's still lovely that they're getting married, too."

Remy: "Oui. Thought Vic was pretty against dat, but den, he's pretty in love wit' Rahne. Has been for a long time. So it makes sense." He gave Talia a smile. "Well, maybe we can nip off for a weekend here an' dere without him, so y' can log up some places. Dere's plenty I've not been too. Paris might be nice."

Talia: "Paris would be awesome! I'd so love to go to Paris!" she grabbed his drink, taking a sip. "And it's exciting with Vic and Rahne. She asked me to be her maid of honor and everything. It's like, nuts with all the wedding stuff going on though."

Cessily: "Oh, yes. I'm sure Paris would be nice. I'd like to go there someday, too." Cessily propped her elbow on the table and rested her chin on her hand. "And yeah, it's almost crazy. But in a good way. And I mean, the two deserve some happiness after all that they've been through. That makes one a bit more hopeful that in the end, everything will work out well. In one way or the other."

Cessily: She took a sip from her drink. "Makes one wonder who will be next to announce their engagement."

Remy: He chuckled. "Y' got an inside scoop on somethin' dat I don' know about petite? But y're right. Happiness is a precious thing wit' us." He smiled at his wife. "An' y' women wit' y're weddin' plans..."

Talia: "Yeah yeah, us and our plans. Don't push it, boy! I will so have catalogues out for you in a second!" she gave him a little push, then turned to Cess. "Have you heard anything we don't know?? Tell!"

Cessily: Cessily blinked and immediately raised her hands. "Huh, me? Oh no, I haven't heard anything." She chuckled. "I was just saying. And I mean, just look at Lorna and Bobby, for example. Those two have been together for how long now? I would be surprised if they wouldn't get more serious sooner or later."

Cessily: Her smile faded a little. "And I would have said the same about Lizzie and Warren, but..." She waved a hand at Remy and laughed again. "And don't you say 'you women'. I like going to weddings, but you know that I'm no one-guy, or one-girl, girl. So no marriage for me, please."

Remy: "Yeah, suppose dey could. But dey've also been through a lot, non? Who knows." He chuckled. "Well...know dat petite. But what about marryin' more dan one? Dere's gotta be some places dat is legal."

Talia: "You can't marry more than one person. That's what marriage is, it's for two people only."

Cessily: "Yeah, you can never be sure, can you," she asked Remy. "I guess I should know, but anyway, I wish them the best." Cessily frowned at TJ. "I'm not so sure about marrying more than one person, but I'm pretty sure that there are some cultures who see things differently. Just because that is the good old conservative Christian definition, it doesn't mean that it's the absolute truth."

Cessily: "And if people insist that it is, then they can keep their marriage. I don't need someones seal of approval to find love and be happy with my partner. Or partners, for that matter."

Remy: "True enough petite. Whatcha got goin' on matters d' most anyways. Bit of paper don' change how y' feel about someone. Love Talia jus' d' same as I did before I married her."

Talia: "Smooth talker," she leaned in and gave him a kiss. "I don't think you can't be happy. But like, isn't that what marriage is? Like, two people."

Cessily: "Well, like I said, that's how most modern religions and our current social norms define marriage. But did you know that monogamy is a rather recent trend in human history?" She laughed and gave them a shrug. "But like I said. I don't need a piece of paper to tell me who I love. Besides, I would never be able to decide on one single partner anyway."

Remy: "Dere's plenty of places dat people'll marry more dan one. Read somethin' about a tribe in africa where d' women have many husbands." He waggled his eyebrows at Cessily. "Anyways, it don' matter. As y' said, y' don' need d' paper."

Talia: She took another sip of Remy's drink, feeling a bit uncomfortable with the turn in conversation. She cleared her throat a bit. "Well..I guess they do it in some places..."

Cessily: Cessily resisted the urge to roll her eyes. There was no need to argue about such thing. "Yeah, like I said, I don't care what other people think. I'm already used to them regarding me as a freak because I'm a mutant, and they will do the same because I'm promiscuous and because I sleep with other girls and whatnot. Yeah, really, I don't need that."

Cessily: She put on a big smile. "But hey, let's get back to happy topics again, shall we? So, yes, it's awesome that Rahne and Vic are going to marry. And so sweet that you're going to be maid-of-honour. Oh, did I tell you already that they let me take the wedding photos?"

Remy: "Dat's good. Can't think of a better one for it, y've always had a way wit' it. Mind y' Talia's gettin' quite a talent too, but makes more sense for y' t' be doin' it wit' Talia already busy t' boot. Should be a real good party, knowin' Vic."

Cessily: "I bet it will be. Oh, and Talia is getting really good with the camera." Cessily laughed and waved her hand to order a new drink. "Well, I guess there will also be bachelor's party and hen's night, no?"

Talia: "Yeah there's so gonna be the bachelorette party. I think it's my job to plan it. We'll get some hottie strippers and stuff," she piped in. "And lots of alcohol. Cosmos!"

Talia: "I need to go back to the dark room too. I have a bunch of rolls of film from this summer and the last bit at school. I'm doing photo class with Brock again. Are you, Cess??"

Remy: He snorted. "I'm bettin' y' could out party d' boys, cherie. I've seen women go at it."

Cessily: "Why yes, of course. You bet." Cessily grinned and nodded. "It's the best course at school." She giggled, looking at both of them. "Oh, yes, we so have to plan some great parties for both of them. Yes, I guess you'll have to plan Rahne's, TJ. But no worries, I'd love to help you with that. Oh, and I'm pretty sure that Remy will get to plan Vic's."

Cessily: She gave a thoughtful nod. "Yeah, in both cases, there will have to be lots of alcohol and strippers. You can never go wrong with that."

Talia: "Oh this'll be fun to plan. Maybe we shouldnt even go out and just have strippers come to us. We could even get themed strippers, like a cop. Or maybe an army guy like Sgt Rankin," she said, a coy little smile on her face. "That'd be so hot!"

Remy: Laughing, he nodded. "Guess dat means we can have a bit of a friendly competition den chere? See who can have d' craziest party? Guess we could have d' same strippers even."

Cessily: "Oooh, yes, that would be hot!" Cessily laughed, then smirked conspiratorially and leaned closer to TJ. "And you know what? Japh looks awesome in that cowboy costume I got him. I'm hoping that I can convince him to give a little show." Cessily laughed and looked at Remy. "You know, that actually sounds like a great idea. It would be even more fun if we'd get more people from school to be the strippers."

Remy: "Really..." He'd caught some of what she'd said to TJ. "An' who are y' suggestin' den?"

Talia: She gave him a little look. "Not you."

Cessily: Cessily covered her mouth with her hand as she had to giggle at TJ's immediate reaction. "Too bad. Oh, well, I don't know yet. We'd have to see who would like to do it." She shrugged. "Now, I guess I wouldn't be the biggest attraction at the bachelor's party, but if you'd need someone for Vic's party, well, I did learn quite a bit from Jillian last semester."

Remy: "Dat's a good idea. Think Vic'd like dat jus' fine." He arched his brow at his wife. "Y' gonna try an' get Rankin for real?"

Talia: "I don't think Rankin would actually do it, but how hot would that be? Oh man, that'd be like..a dream!" she nudged Remy a bit. "And besides. You've been naked enough."

Cessily: "Hey, why so prudish." Cessily had to giggle, but was interrupted by the waiter bringing her another cocktail. "Thank you. Well, I didn't know that there's a thing like too much nudity." She covered her mouth again as another fit of laughter overcome her. "Besides... besides... think of the pictures. Those will all be valuable memories of his dad that you can show Johnny when he's older."

Talia: "Cess, I honestly don't think we need more memories to share with him. We seriously have enough to have him in therapy for a damn long while if we do ever share."

Remy: He laughed loudly at that. "Y're still worried about what happened in Arizona? An' see? Y're way too worried about bein' naked. It ain't no big deal, right Cess?" He winked at her, teasing.

Cessily: Cessily finally got herself under control again and had stopped giggling. "Why yes, Remy is right, TJ. People are soooo concerned about nudity that it's getting ridiculous. I mean, we're all born naked, for god's sake." She shrugged. "And besides, I'm a piece of malleable metal. You know, it's actually quite likely that, say, my right hand was my left yesterday, or some other part of my body."

Cessily: "So I don't care even less about people seeing me naked now. It's just natural."

Remy: "Well y' know, none of us are gonna complain if y' jus' wanna do dat, petite." He kept his arm around Talia though, so that she didn't feel too put out by his teasing.

Talia: "Don't even mention the whole Arizona thing, I totally think he understands way more than we know. And if he ends up remembering it, we're so screwed!" she told Remy. "And if naked were so natural, why does everyone wear clothes? Even Jesus wore clothes!"

Cessily: "Oh my, now if you want to bring Jesus and the whole bunch into it... You actually sound a bit like Paige now." Cessily let out a sigh and shrugged, taking a good gulp of her drink. "There are many cultures around the world who aren't as prude as we are. But to each his own, I guess. I don't want to argue about such things now."

Remy: "Oui." He gave Talia a squeeze. "Sure dat we'll all have a good time at d' parties anyways. Guess we're still supposed t' have one for us too, neh?"

Talia: TJ shrugged again. "I just only like to like..be naked for certain people..." she said. "We didn't get our party. I dunno if that's still planned or anything. We're not like...bachelors and bachelorette's anymore..."

Cessily: "So what?" Cessily's smile reappeared. "There should still be parties for you two. Because, a party is always great, no? And I think after last semester, we all deserve every party we can get. So, I'm all for belated bachelor's and bachelorette's parties. And of course I'd help where I can."

Remy: "Merci. An' I agree. We got another party planned, an' we can have a housewarmin' too. College is about partyin' after all."

Talia: "Well, we should get as much partying in while we can," she nodded. "That I agree with."

Cessily: "See? That's the right spirit." Cessily nodded eagerly. "Partying can never be wrong. So, it's agreed then? We're going to organize a party for each of you?" She paused, then added: "Oh, and seeing that you're married already, should we go without the obligatory strippers in this case, or would that be OK?"

Remy: He glanced at his wife, and shrugged himself. "I'd say it's up t' who's plannin' d' shindig. I'm not threatened by it at all. We know we're here for each other."

Talia: "There has to be strippers. Dude, since when does being married mean we don't get strippers??"

Remy: "Dere y' are den" He said with a large bit of laugh to his voice.

Cessily: "Sweet!" Cessily rubbed her hands with a gleeful smile. "So, if you want, I could get some people together to do the planning. And then you two better be prepared to be surprised with some fantastic parties."

Talia: She giggled. "We'll be so surprised!" Her hands moved to bunch her hair up into a ponytail. "Ok, I really think swimming would rock right now. We should go back and grab Johnny and Japh and hit the pool."

Remy: "Sounds good." He stood and put a few bills on the table, deciding to have one last rib. "Skinny dippin' den?"

Cessily: "Oh, I second that. Swimming will be the perfect thing now." Cessily emptied her cocktail and stood, as well, then glanced at Remy with a smirk on her face. "Well, as far as I'm concerned, always."

Talia: She raised a brow at both of them. "You can do whatever, but I'm wearing my suit. And there's so no skinny dipping if Johnny's involved!"

Remy: "Papa can watch him for a bit longer, I'm sure." He looked contemplative. "Y' gonna wear dat nice little bikini of y'rs at least?"

Talia: "Of course," she put her arms around him. "I'm not a frikken nun."
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Starfish »

Cessily: Cessily looked up from her sketchbook when she heard a car pull up the driveway of her grandparent's home. She dropped her pencil and stood up from her garden chair, then stepped from the terrace and around the house to hurry to its front. That had to be Lizzie! Cessily blinked in surprise when she spotted the sleek sports car appearing between the trees.

Cessily: She had expected that Lizzie would have taken a cab, but now she could understand why she had insisted to drive the way up to Cessily's grandparent's home herself instead of being picked up by them. Cessily grinned and waved at her when she recognized the familiar face behind the wheel.

Elizabeth: Breaking gently, Lizzie patted the steering wheel with a smile. God she fucking loved this car. Taking the keys out, she opened the door and waved a little at Cess. "Hey! I just have the one case to bring in, I made a stop at school to drop off my things first," she pulled her case out of the backseat and dropped it at her feet.

Cessily: "Hey, Liz! Wow, you found it! So my description wasn't all wrong. I know this place is a bit far out there. But I hope you had a good trip." Cessily gave the car a wide-eyed stare while she walked past it to pick up Lizzie's case. "So, this is you car? Not a rented one? It's... absolutely sweet! Oh, you so will have to take me out to a trip with that thing."

Elizabeth: "It's cool, I have a sat nav so I just keyed it all in!" she patted the door affectionately. "And this car is all mine. Birthday present."

Cessily: "Ooh, wow, that's an impressive present. From whom is it? Oh right..." Cessily beamed a smile and wrapped her free arm around Lizzie, hugging her tightly. "Happy belated Birthday, Liz!"

Elizabeth: "Who else, eh?" she returned the hug, squeezing slightly, giving Cess a kiss. "Thank you. I'll take you for a drive later if you like, and there's always back at school..."

Cessily: "Yeah, that would be so sweet." She grinned at Lizzie. "Oh, right. You must be tired and thirsty after that drive." Cessily turned around and gesticulated at the large wooden house. "So, welcome to my grandparent's, my second home, so to say. I actually live over there." She pointed at a smaller log cabin by the side.

Cessily: "Can you believe it? It has been our old tool shed, but my grandpa didn't need it anymore and turned it into place where I can stay whenever I want. It's been their present for my eighteenth birthday." She carried Lizzie's case up to the buildings. "So, I don't know where you want to stay. My grandma prepared my old room in their house, but if you want... there's enough space in my cabin."

Elizabeth: "I am pretty thirsty.." she nodded as she followed Cess, glancing at the wood house. "I don't mind as long as I get somewhere comfortable to sleep..."

Elizabeth: "It's pretty cute, like a playhouse almost. We had one in my first school," blushing, she fanned herself with her hand. "Sorry, that's silly. So, how has your holiday been since London?"

Cessily: "Yes, doesn't it look like one? It's so cute." Cessily opened the door and set Lizzie's case down in the corner. "Well, you can take a look at both rooms later and then decide. My grandparents are both still working in their store in town and won't be back before evening. And I do have a really large and comfy bed in here, though... that would be the catch if you want to stay here."

Cessily: "It's only one bed, so we'd have to share," Cessily added with a wink. "Oh, yeah, my holiday. It was really fantastic. Japh and I got to spend time in Italy and were then invited to Remy and TJ. Nola was beautiful." She shrugged. "Japh wanted to go back to South Africa for a couple of days. He rarely gets the chance. So he went now, as long as Vic is paying for everything."

Elizabeth: "Everyone is certainly making the kost of Vic's generosity," she said with a grin as she slid into a kitchen chair and looked around the pretty room, very rustic and comfortable. "I meant to go see Remy and TJ, just...lost track of time."

Elizabeth: "And large beds are wonderful. I really think my sleep patterns have grown worse over this break though..."

Cessily: Cessily went to the fridge and took some juice out. "Will orange juice be in order?" She poured herself some and put another glass on the table for Lizzie. "How about something to eat? I have leftover noodle salad my Nana made earlier." Cessily gave Lizzie a small grin. "Oh, really? I take it that you didn't get much sleep during your break then?"

Elizabeth: "It'll be alright, and I'm not too hungry right now," she picked up the glass and took a small sip, rubbing her eyes, tired after the flight and long drive. "And no, I didn't. I'm sure it'll improve when I get back to school. I don't see Sebastian sneaking into our dorms...not that I'd put him through running that gauntlet anyway."

Cessily: Cessily giggled and took a sip from her own glass before sitting down next to Lizzie. "Ah, so you've been keeping each other busy. Good to hear that you've had plenty of fun." She smirked. "But no, you should be safe back in the school dorms. Unless you'll ask me to sneak over in your room, of course. Hey, if you're tired, feel free to lie down for a while."

Cessily: "It's still early, so you can take a nap and we'll talk about everything later." She gave her a wink. "And you'll still have to get your Birthday present then."

Elizabeth: "A nap would be nice but you've gone and got me intrigued now," Lizzie smirked, sipping her juice. "And you'll always be welcome to come over to my room."

Cessily: "Sweet! I'll keep that in mind." Cessily took another sip and stood up, opening to the fridge again. "I know that you didn't want much for your birthday, but I still wanted to get you something. It's nothing special, but I hope you'll like it." She pulled out a box that she had stored in the back. "This is a collection of fine chocolates that are made in my hometown."

Cessily: "I remembered reading that you like being fed chocolate in bed, so that will be part of the present, of course." Her grin widened. "Oh, there also some larger blocks in it. It's meant to be melted."

Elizabeth: "Sounds wonderful," Lizzie finished her juice and set the glass down on the table. "I like your idea of birthday presents, it's thr thought that counts and I like the thoughts."
Elizabeth: She raised an eyebrow. "Especially about melted chocolate."

Cessily: "I hoped you would be intrigued by it." Cessily opened the box and took a few packages of the chocolates out until she found the larger blocks. "And I also hoped that we might share them." She smiled. "So, are you sure you don't want to take a little nap? We have plenty of time here. Oh, and I definitely want to show you the forest and the lake while you are here and it's that hot."

Elizabeth: "A sleep might be a good idea," she nodded, yawning despite her best efforts. "Will it be a little cooler outside, or in here?" she asked, rubbing the back of her neck.

Cessily: "Uhm, I guess it'll be a bit cooler outside. I'm sorry that I don't have an air conditioning in here, but I have little use of it. Especially since it only gets that warm here for a few days each year." Cessily pointed towards the back door. "But there are some comfortable garden chairs outside. Or you can use my hammock."

Cessily: Cessily stepped over to Lizzie, leaned down to quickly wrap her arms around the other girl and gave her kiss. "I can wake you later, if you wish. It's great to have you here."

Elizabeth: Leaning her head against Cess's arm, she smiled. "I meant in your room, outside. I can never sleep in a garden, trust me, I've tried..." Standing up, she turned around, balancing on the table slightly. "And you might not need air conditioning, but I'm from England, remember? Us English roses wilt with too much heat!"

Cessily: "Oh, you can use my bed in the next room. Just open the windows. There's usually a nice cool breeze coming from the lake that will keep you cool." Cessily brushed some of Lizzie's purple hair out of the way. "But no worries. It always gets cooler here during the nights. We're a bit too far north for really hot summer nights."

Elizabeth: "Sounds perfect. I guess I'll go have a sleep then..." she patted Cess's hand, and moved off the table, looking for her case. "So, the next door room?"

Cessily: "Yes, over here." Cessily led Lizzie over to her bedroom and opened the windows for her. "Just tell me should you need something else." She turned around with a smile on her face. "And when you're well rested again, we'll see about how we can pass the time during your stay."

Elizabeth: Pressing a kiss to her cheek she smiled and gave a nod. "I will, thanks," slipping out of her shoes, Lizzie started to undress, not bothering with getting anything to change into to nap in. Nice enough to sleep in her underwear...

Cessily: "All right, nap well! And dream of something naughty." Cessily went back to the door, taking the time to look Lizzie up and down while she was undressing, before she returned to the kitchen to have another look at those chocolate blocks. She knew that she'd have a hard time waiting for Lizzie to wake again.

Elizabeth: ((Time passes, but not like that yet ;) ))

Elizabeth: Waking up a few hours later, Lizzie blinked and rubbed her eyes, checking the time on her phone and sat up, stretching. Mmm, now she was hungry, and could do with some more water.

Elizabeth: Hopping out of bed, she opened her case and had a root for something comfortable to lounge in for the remainder of the day.

Cessily: Cessily looked up from he sketchbook again when she heard Lizzie moving around in the other room. She put her pen down on the kitchen table, poured a glass of juice and knocked on the door to the bedroom. "Liz? You're getting up? I have some juice for you."

Elizabeth: Snorting, she put her hand over her mouth. "I bet you bloody do!" she said, quietly, pulling her shorts on. "I'm awake!" she called out, louder and headed to the door.

Cessily: "Wonderful. I hope you slept well." Cessily opened the door and handed Lizzie the glass. "You've been in there until way past noon. You must be hungry by now." She leaned against the door frame. "How about something to eat now? Oh, and I can also recommend a swim in the nearby lake. That will take care of any remaining drowsiness. Or the forest stream, if you like it cooler."

Elizabeth: "Food sounds good," Lizzie took the juice, drinking a little. "I'd leave off swimming if that's alright, if we are going to eat now. It never works out well with me."

Cessily: "Sure, we can do that another time." Cessily made her way back to the fridge and opened the door. "So, what can I get you enthusiastic about? I have meatballs, noodle salad, leek creme soup. And the chocolate, of course. That would make a delicious dessert, don't you think?"

Elizabeth: "Or we could save it..." Lizzie took a seat on the kitchen counter, having a think. "Hmm, is there just any plain salad and some cheese? Or rice? I'm actually slightly fussy I'm afraid," Lizzie cleared her throat in slight embarassment and propped her chin on her hand. "I still feel tired. I guess it's just this summer, this year. It's been so busy..."

Cessily: "Yeah, I guess both is true. It's been a busy last semester, and the break wasn't much slower. Much more fun, though." Cessily rummaged through the fridge. "Well, there's the noodle salad, or... ah yeah, there's a dish with rice. It's Asian, but vegetarian. Would that be OK? Oh, and yes, there's also some cheese." She took it all out and put it on the kitchen table, then went to get the plates.

Elizabeth: "No, no noodles. Not with salad. Just a cheese salad, or rice with some vegetables," she slid off the counter, looking around for her juice, grinning. "It has been a fun break, just so busy."

Cessily: "Oh, I absolutely agree. It was so nice to be able to take a trip through Europe. The harddrive of my laptop is packed with pictures I took. It'll take me a week to sort them all." Cessily switched on the stove, got her wok and poured the rice dish in. "That shouldn't take long." She smiled at Lizzie. "Well, if you're looking to relax during the last days of our break, you came to the right place."

Cessily: "It doesn't get much more peaceful or quaint than here. I love hanging out at the lake or strolling through the forest. I can guarantee you that this is just what you need before the next semester starts."

Elizabeth: She sighed at the sight of the wok appearing. She did really prefer boiled rice..."Well, I grew up with a fair share of quaint, when my mother tired of dragging us around places. We stayed in some pretty secluded, quite areas for holidays as well. South of France, St Kitts - you don't have to fry the rice, it's alright. Like i sid, I'm fussy!"

Elizabeth: "Can I give you a hand?" standing, seh walked over to the cooker, leaning against Cess slightly.

Cessily: "Uhm, yeah, sure. Sorry, I guess I should have just asked how you like your rice." Cessily smiled at Lizzie. "We can simply add water and use the wok to boil it. That works, too. Ah yeah? And, so, do you like quaint? I would expect someone who lives in London to be used to a more busy environment."

Elizabeth: "It's okay," grabbing a jug, she went to the sink to fill it with water. "I've not lived in London all my life, you know. Before, when I was younger, I lived in the middle of nowhere, even my schools were isolated away. It was really only when I came to Xavier's, that I started to live with my brother in London in the holidays."

Elizabeth: Passing over the water, she thought for a moment. "I only stayed in London, as it was easier for me, I suppose. I really wanted to live on the beach with -" she flicked her eyes down, then cleared her throat. "My second boarding school was near the beach, it was a nice escape from the chaos of the school."

Cessily: "Ah, beaches are lovely. I love swimming. But I guess I'm more of a mountain and forest person. That's why I love the lake they have here that much." Cessily poured in the water, which quickly started to boil in the hot wok. She slowly stirred the rice, but when she saw Lizzie gazing down, she silently reached over to take a hold of her arm, giving it a gentle squeeze.

Cessily: "We can eat in a couple of minutes." Cessily smiled reassuringly at Lizzie and leaned over to give her a kiss on the cheek. "I'll get the plates and cutlery."

Elizabeth: "Is there a colander about?" she stood up quickly, having a look into some of the cupboards, brushing a kiss on Cess's shoulder as she passed her. "It does look lovely up here, from what I saw on the drive here."

Cessily: "Yup, it's down here." Cessily leaned down and opened a cupboard next to the fridge, handing Lizzie the colander. "Oh, it is fantastic. We have hills and mountains, endless forests and some lakes." She put two plates and cutlery on the table, then gave Lizzie's glass a refill. "And the rest of the town is lovable, too. There's a very nice restaurant that we really should try out sometime."

Elizabeth: "Yeah? What do they do?" she asked, putting the colander down by the cooker. "I've still not seen very much of America, so it's nice to do a little exploration."

Cessily: "They have a lot of the typical Maine dishes. They are famous for their apple crisps, blueberry cake and pastries. A lot of vegetarian stews, too. They just don't have that much of the seafood that you'd find elsewhere up here, because we're further away from the shore and don't have that much fresh fish."

Elizabeth: "That's fine, I'm not really a fan of fish, picky, me," Lizzie said again and winked, reaching for her juice as she took a seat. "And please, typical Maine dishes? I didn't really do any research before coming over here, though maybe I should've!"

Elizabeth: "When're your grandparents going to be home?"

Cessily: "Yes, well, there's a lot of fish served where I come from, but that's because my hometown is close to the shore. But you'll find lots of things with fruits up here. Blueberry, strawberry, apple... plenty of baked things, like pancakes." Cessily took a seat, as well. "That can take a few hours. My Papa runs a small diner, and my Nana a flower store right next to it."

Cessily: "So, they will often work late and won't be home until after dark."

Elizabeth: "Well, I like fish...But I like it as sushi. London habit, I suppose. Apart from that I'm quite English about my eating habits, other than rice." Finishing her juice, she washed the glass out, filling it with water. "Oh, so they won't be around for a while? I suppose I'll meet them later on then."

Cessily: "Sure. They're always happy to meet my friends from school. To be honest, they even encouraged me to invite some people over here. I guess they're glad that I'm being social again." She shrugged. "After my change, I would lock myself up in my room over at their house for several weeks before finally deciding to leave for Xavier's."

Cessily: "Oh, and even if you won't meet them tonight, you will tomorrow morning. They make a wonderful breakfast for everyone with pancakes and juice and fresh bread."

Elizabeth: "You're lucky, to have them," Lizzie smiled. "They sound very supportive and welcoming. Though I guess I should write down my dietary habits, eh?" she winked.

Elizabeth: "It must have been hard for you...your manifestation. Mine wasn't easy, but at least it didn't show outwardly, thank goodness for small mercies, eh?" her smile turned a little bitter as she put her glass down.

Cessily: "That won't be a problem. You can tell them about anything you don't eat and they'll understand." Cessily slowly nodded and smiled. "Yes, it wasn't exactly easy. Basically, you can say that my old life got pretty much turned upside down. Everyone wanted to see the strange silver girl. After a while, it was more than just annoying, especially because many people thought that I'm dangerous or contagious."

Cessily: "But that's mostly a thing of the past now." Cessily shrugged. "Not that people keep staring at me or are scared, but the way I'm dealing with being treated like a freak. I just don't care anymore, because I know that there are plenty of people who don't care about the way I am." She reached across the table to stroke Lizzie's hand. "It's a good thing we're giving each other support at the school."

Elizabeth: "Well if you were contagious I think I'd have had a bout of mercury poisoning by now!" Lizzie grinned cheekily, holding her hand. "People are idiots. You just have to find the ones that don't suck and concentrate on them. Which, is mainly what the school is."

Cessily: Cessily returned the grin. "That pretty much sums it up, yeah. You can bet that I never regretted going there. For several reason." She gave a suggestive wink at that. "I know things aren't always easy, but focusing on the good things that we have - no matter how many bad ones there are - is the only sensible thing we can do, Liz."

Cessily: "I guess that's the entire secret to dealing with all the horrible stuff that happened." She bit her lip. "Anything else will only make it worse and won't get us anywhere. That's the conclusion I've come to during this break." She glanced at the boiling rice. "I think it's done by now." Cessily got up and poured the rice into the colander, then served it on the table. "There we go."

Elizabeth: "Thanks," she served herself a few large spoons of rice on to her plate. "I guess that works, but sometimes it's hard to think like that, letting go of the bad for the good. Sometimes it just isn't that simple. Life isn't simple."

Elizabeth: "I guess, in an ideal world, you give up, you move on, you find the good and you continue. But something always calls you back."

Cessily: Cessily nodded, sitting down to take some rice for herself. "I didn't say it's simple. Because, it isn't. To be honest, life is a complicated mess. But what I was trying to say, is that even though bad things happen to us, seemingly again and again, we shouldn't put those bad things above the good ones. Even when the bad outweighs the good. We just have to cherish what's left then even more."

Cessily: "Because, what's the alternative? Giving up?" Cessily slowly shook her head. "I wouldn't want to give up, even if I know that the bad memories will always stay with me, and that most likely there will be even more of them added in the future. I just tell myself that others have survived much worse, that they went on with much less than what I have."

Cessily: "And that it would be a shame if I'd stop to have hope in the future." Cessily chewed on her rice for a moment. "Honestly, it's all we can do. That, or allow it to break us."

Elizabeth: "No, no, I don't mean to give up or anything like that, lose hope for the future..." she poked at a few grains of rice. "I do appreciate what I have, believe me, I do. But...Oh, I don't know. I was fine n London. Now I'm in this weird mood and all..." shaking her head, she sighed, propping her chin on her hand, elbow resting on the table despite the manners bred into her. She'd been doing that a lot recently.

Elizabeth: "I never intend to give up. I might as well lie down and die and trust me, I've had moments where I've wanted to do that. I just don't know where I'm heading right now. One moment I'm taking every thing I can out of life, the next, I want to slow down, step back from it. I guess I need careers advice or something, because I don't know what I want to be. A model? Well, that's nice, pretty, but it won't challenge me. A pilot? Sure, makes sense, but I'll spend the first five years proving myself as good as the men in whatever aviation area I go into."

Elizabeth: "I suppose, I'm thinking of all this now as school's just around the corner and it's my last year..." Lizzie mused, chewing her rice, then grinned. "I'll shut up in a minute, promise."

Cessily: "It's okay. Like you said, it's good to let such things out, and we have plenty of time to talk out here." Cessily smiled. "I guess that's normal when you take a step away from your usual routine. You start to think about things. And to question them. It always happens when I'm out here. It's the silence and peacefulness that makes you do this. Suddenly, there's nothing else but you and your life."

Cessily: She poked at her rice. "I don't know how to help you there. To be honest, I don't have given my future much thought. Well, I worried a lot about it, that's true, but so far I haven't found any concrete answers to what I want to do with my life. Perhaps you should give it some time. Don't dwell on it and wait until an opportunity presents itself."

Cessily: "And I'm sure it won't be a problem to stay at the school even after you graduate. I guess no one would kick you out. In fact, I'm sure that they're happy for every mutant they have there. So, take your time and don't put any pressure on you." Cessily smirked. "I certainly won't complain should you stay around some time longer."

Elizabeth: "Well. I don't know about staying. The last thing I'd want to do is float round uselessly after my graduation, bored out of my brain. It would sort of make the previous four years pointless. Plus I have my apartment now, so if I did stay on at the school, buying that would have been pointless."

Cessily: Cessily nodded again, munching on the last bits of her rice. "Or you could travel," she suggested. "Go and see the world. I hear a lot of people do that after graduation. I thought about doing the same. Find out what you really want." She shrugged with a smile. "And hey, maybe I'll really work as a photographer. And should you still be interested in modeling by then, we could team up."

Elizabeth: "I don't know. I get the feeling I'd probably turn into a drifter. I have more than enough money to never actually work. But I suppose I'm one of those people who always needs to do something, or else I'll go even more insane than I am already."

Elizabeth: "That offer does sound tempting. It would be an honour to sit for you..."

Cessily: "And it would be my pleasure to take your pictures. But it's really sweet that you consider it an honour." Cessily beamed Lizzie a big smile before waving her hand. "Well, I guess figuring out ones future is nothing that you can do during a lunch break. I'm sure that it won't be long until you've found the perfect activity for you. It'll be easier than you think. And you're smart, you can work everywhere."

Cessily: "In the meantime, try to not dwell on it too much and enjoy your vacation, yes? School will start soon enough, so make use of what these days up here can offer you." Cessily smirked and counted on her fingers. "Enjoying the scenery and peacefulness, lovely food, walks in the forest, swimming in the lake, promenading through town... and let's not forget getting screwed senseless by me."

Elizabeth: "Oh, well how can I be in a dark mood after a proposition like that?" Lizzie raised her eyebrows suggestively. "When did you say your grandparents were going to be home...?"
Kieron Gillen
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Starfish »

Japh: Japh was waiting on the front steps of the mansion, with a book he found in the recroom. It was an unusual story of a guy who went on a trip looking for his long lost uncle or something. Some of it was as boring as hell. At least it was distracting from looking at his watch, waiting for Cess to arrive.

Cessily: Cessily steered her scooter into the mansion's driveway. A grin appeared on her face as soon as she saw Japh sitting on the steps. When he had said that he would wait for her to arrive when she had called him earlier, she hadn't expected that he would mean it that literal. Cessily waved at him, wondering if he could get any cuter, and almost caused the scooter to swerve into a nearby statue.

Cessily: "Hey, love!" She brought the vehicle back under control and stopped it in front of the steps, then basically jumped off, dropped her backpack to the ground and almost pounced on Japh.

Japh: "Hi you sexy thing!" Japh grabbed Cess in his arms, unfortunately their speed going for each other was miscalculated, and he accidentally knocked his teeth against his lips when he tried kissing her. He pulled his head back after a small moment of kissing, and licked his lower lip. "Ow. Am I bleeding?" he could swear he tasted something metally, but wasn't sure if it's Cess or blood.

Cessily: "Owww." Cessily's expression turned to one of worry, and she reached out to stroke his cheek. "Let me see. Oh, yes, there's a little bit of blood. Awww, my poor sweetie." She wrapped her arms around him to hold him close. "I think it's best if I kiss it better." Cessily game Japh a sweet smile, then leaned up to gently kiss his lower lip. "Better?"

Japh: Japh took a mock moment of consideration, then said, "Nope, not yet."

Cessily: "Cheeky," Cessily commented with a smirk, then returned to kiss him, a lot longer and deeper this time, only pulling back to make sure that Japh didn't suffocate. "How about now?" She stroked his neck and scalp. "I missed you, love."

Japh: "Not as much as I missed you. Gets lonely here." He said finally being able to pull himself from Cess to pick up her bag from the scooter. "So how's the grandparents? They're a bit on the hippy side aren't they?" he said with a smile.

Cessily: "They're fine. And... yeah, that describes it pretty well." Cessily gave a shrug. "But they are awesome. Oh, and they said that they really want to meet you, as well. They're always happy to get to know my friends from school. I guess you won't get around coming up there with me for a prolonged weekend." She pushed the scooter to the side so it wouldn't be in the way.

Cessily: "I'm glad that this worked out with my scooter. Lizzie came for a visit with her new car and drove me back down to New York, so we had my scooter shipped there by train earlier and Liz was kind enough to drop me off there so I could get it. Otherwise, I would have been scooter-less for this year."

Japh: "Yikes, you without your scooter, it'll be like Garfield without lasagna, or Snoopy without Woodstock." he said as the two finally walked up to the door. He grabbed it and held it open for Cess. "I'm curious...your grandparents...do they invite mary jane every now and again?" he tried surpressing his smile. "Puff the magic dragon?"

Cessily: Cessily laughed and placed a kiss on Japh's cheek when she walked by. "Not as often as they used to. But my Nana makes some fantastic cookies, if you know what I mean." She turned around and walked backwards. "So, I guess we drop this stuff in my old room for now. There's no need to unpack a lot, seeing that they will probably assign new rooms and roommates again."

Japh: As the two joked around they finally came up to Cess room, and walked in. "Actually I wouldn't mind meeting your grandparents, from the way you describe them, they sound really nice." He placed Cess' bag on her bed, then sat down next to it.

Cessily: "They are. Some of the nicest people I know. I'm sure you would immediately get along with each other." Cessily removed her gloves and took off her leather jacket, dropping it on the chair in the corner. "I mean, if it wouldn't meant too much stress for you, we could really drive up there for a couple of days this semester." She moved over to Japh, standing in front of him, and stroked though his short hair.

Japh: "Me? Stress? Pffft! No frikken way I can get stressed. I'm made of cool...well, that's wrong...Bobby's made of cool, I'm more like made of awesomeness. Yeah, that's what I am. Besides, if I ever, and that's a big if, I ever do get a little stressed, you're always there to keep me an my awesomeness controlled." he said and laid back, pulling Cess next to him.

Cessily: Cessilly had to chuckle as she cuddled up next to him. "Now, aren't we self-opinionated?" She kissed the tip of his nose. "You're lucky that it's the truth, even though I will demand another proof of said awesomeness, of course." She smiled and glanced down a bit. "I was just saying, because it's your last year and all. I guess you'll have some studying to do."

Japh: Japh fell a little silent and sighed. "Last year...I have no idea what I'm gonna do afterwards." He shifted to his side, then played his fingers along Cess' side, "When I first came here I actually thought of becoming a police officer, but now I'm not so sure."

Japh: "Guess people change." He made his fingers walk up Cess' side to her neck, then leant over to kiss her forehead. "So what do you think? Any ideas of what I should do for a living?"

Cessily: Cessily smiled sadly. "Yes, there will be quite a few people graduation this year. I hope they stay around, or at least don't move too far. I don't want to lose my friends." She sighed. "Okay, that's probably selfish of me, but still. I'd miss anyone terribly." Cessily let out a slight purr when he stroked her neck and closed her eyes. "And I'd miss you the most."

Japh: Japh wondered about that. "And who, might I ask, will be the second most missed friend then?"

Cessily: "That's hard to tell. I like them all so much." She smirked. "So, concerning jobs, I would recommend one that won't take you far away from me." Cessily opened her eyes again and look at his face. "But seriously, I don't know. It's your life after all, and I don't want to intrude into your plans. Is there anything you would love to do?" She had to grin. "You know, you were pretty awesome with that cowboy dress."

Japh: "Cowboy costume, thank you very much. Don't call it a dress. Mkes me think of...dresses. You think I should become a cowboy or a stripper? I don't do so well with horses, Scott can vouch on that, and I'm not one for cows either. Or sheep. Or any kind of animal. Not that I don't like them, just that I prefer to stay away."

Cessily: "There goes my plan of you helping me with building up a petting zoo for the school." Cessily laughed again and wrapped her arm around him, pulling him close for another kiss. "Not a cowboy, silly. Even though, you'd make one sexy cowboy. Of course I meant stripper. You'd be gorgeous." She placed her hand on his cheek. "Hm, but no worries. You'll find something."

Japh: Japh gave a chuckle at the thought of him being a stripper. Mind you, it's not that bad of an idea. He'll have to ask around about that. "I wonder if there's a stripper school..." he thought out loud.

Cessily: "Oh, I bet there is," Cessily replied, unable to suppress a giggle. "You can take courses in exotic dancing. Hey, now there's a class that's still missing from the school's program." Cessily gently rolled Japh over onto his back and sat on top of him, straddling his hips, then leaned down to kiss his chin. "Too bad that Jillian is no longer here. I learned all about exotic dancing from her."

Japh: "You think there's a difference between guy stripper dancing and girl stripper dancing? If there's not then I can just as well learn from you." His hands were roaming over her back as she was leaning over him.

Cessily: "Hm, well, I think there are some differences, yes. It's more about sensuality and elegance when girl's dance, and more about showing some muscles with the boys." Cessily tilted her head to the side with an impish grin. "That doesn't mean that I won't show you my tricks. Oh, hey, I know who you could ask. Remy. He knows some clubs and all."

Japh: "Remy? I'm surprised you didn't say Vic. He usually goes to some club or something. Would you go along if I do ask Remy about this? I mean, come along to the clubs."

Cessily: "You mean, if I would come along to strip clubs to see you dancing with minimal clothing, possibly alongside other hot studs?" She grinned and leaned down to kiss him. "Where do I sign up?"

Japh: "Hey, you do like your hot studs." He said before they kissed. After the kiss broke he said, "Something has been bothering me a little."

Cessily: "Oh?" Cessily's smile faded a little and she sat back up. "What is it?"

Japh: "No, no, it's nothing big or anything, it's, well, stop me if this gets a little, err, too personal. On a scale of one to ten, ten being great, one being...a stumbling idiot, how am I in bed?"

Cessily: Cessily blinked. Now that was something she hadn't excepted. "What? Why do you ask? Oh my, is it me? Did I give you the impression that I wasn't satisfied?" Cessily shook her head. "If that's the case, then let me say that this isn't true. You're a fantastic lover." She lied down on top of him. "But if you still need a number, I'd give you... a nine. I guess the ten is reserved for gods like Eros and Aphrodite."

Japh: "Oh, okay, well, thanks, it was just, I kind of feel like I have to compete with the people that you spend your time with. I know I shouldn't, but hey, I'm a guy, I have a lot of pride that gets hurt real easy. I mean, heck, Vic had how much practice?"

Cessily: Cessily let out a inaudible sigh when she lied back and top of Japh. Her hand stroked his neck. "You're right, you don't have to feel like you have to compete. I love you, and I love our sex. There's no need for your pride to be hurt. I hope you're not jealous or feel like you did anything wrong because I sleep with other people, as well. It's just... the way I am, okay?"

Cessily: "I'm no conservative who thinks that sex is bad and should only happen in the bedrooms of married couples. Sex is something to be enjoyed. Even among friends. And then, I like the diversity, you know? There's our lovemaking, the sex with girls that no other man can give me, the kinky stuff that I loved doing with Vic, or the rough and animistic lust of Kyle."

Japh: Japh had to stare at Cess after that last mention. "Animi -what lust? You mean you actually liked Boy Beagle? Wow, I mean, wow, have you seen him? I know I'm a little harsh here, but you gotta agree, he could scare carnies."

Cessily: Cessily gave Japh a playful swat on the chest. "Don't be mean. He can't help the way he looks. I mean, it's true that he's not a beauty in the traditional sense, but have you considered that I'm actually a blob of sentient metal that only happens to be able to shift its form into a smoking hot female?" She shrugged. "Besides, my body doesn't work like a normal one anymore, and that's also true for my mind."

Cessily: "Keep in mind that it's not hormones and all that stuff that decides if I find someone else attractive. Dr. McCoy said that it's an entirely mental or subconscious thing with me."

Japh: Japh couldn't help laughing, "So you telling me you got a thing for kid canine?"

Cessily: Cessily grinned and sat up, folding her arms to give Japh a mocking look. "And if I say that I do? Because, yes, I think that sleeping with him is very exciting, and he's a nice boy." She smirked and shrugged. "So what? I like different things. I wouldn't want to miss sensual, tender lovemaking, but sometimes I'm in the mood for something else. Like, a more dominant partner, and to be handled a little rougher."

Japh: Japh grabbed his chest with mock shock, "I am hurt. Are you telling me I don't domineer you enough?" He pushed her bag next to him off of the bed and turned so that she fell on the bed where the bag was, rolling on top of her he pinned her arms back. "I can domineer so much you'll forget about Frankenfurry."

Cessily: Cessily yelped in surprise when she suddenly ended up on her back on the bed. "Oh, hear hear." She smiled up at Japh, arching her back so she could sway her chest in a suggestive manner. "Are you really certain you've got what it takes," she asked with a teasing wink. "My my, I always saw you more like my tall cuddly teddy bear."

Japh: "Grrr" he jokingly grunted, "Argh, I'll show you cuddly teddy bear. How about a giant blue Grizzly?" He said as his body started growing. "Ha ha mmm" he ended up as he kissed her.

Cessily: Cessily raised her head to hungrily kiss him back. "Yes, that's more like it." She looked him up and down, sucking on her lower lip in anticipation. "So, you really want to start a competition with Kyle? You know, I certainly won't complain, because I'll be the one who benefits the most from two guys trying to outperform each other for my enjoyment."

Japh: "Oh God, don't even mention such an idea, Chummy Chihuahua won't be able to heal after I win that competition." He looked down at Cess' clothing. "Err...how much domineering exactly? Like, clothes ripping? I just want to make sure before I end up breaking or tearing something irreplaceable." he said, completely ruining the mood.

Cessily: Cessily had a hard time not laughing at the names Japh was giving Kyle. "Don't be mean, or I'll have to give him extra points for kindness." She looked down and frowned. "Uhm, yeah, I guess the shredded clothes is something that I'll have to talk with him about. Otherwise, it gets a little expensive. So, maybe we wait with the rough stuff until all precious things are out of the way."

Japh: Japh gently started unbuttoning Cess' top, whispering, "Precious....must protect the precious things of the shoppe, only local people from the local village may buy the precious things." He finally ended with the last button and looked up at Cess, "Sorry, saw The League of Gentlemen while you were away."

Cessily: This time Cessily couldn't prevent laughing out loud. "You know, I think no matter what you try to do, you just can't help being adorable." She swayed her upper body from one side to the other until she had moved out her top. In the meantime, she shifted her feet out of the biking boots and let them drop to the floor on front of the bed.

Cessily: "But if you really believe that you have to improve on something to make me happier in bed, I might know of something else we could consider sometime. Only if you have any interest in such things, of course." Cessily put on her coy expression. "You now, Vic is now happily engaged and all, but the two of us still had quite a bit of fun." She licked her lips. "I kinda miss that fun."

Japh: "Oh....oh" Japh was a teensy bit disappointed really. "What exactly did you two get up to?" He said, on his knees straddled over Cess and pulled his shirt off. He had learned a long time ago to wear very baggy clothing. "If we're going to need his toys then we'll have to wait until they get back or buy our own."

Cessily: Cessily noticed his reaction and reached up to stroke across his now bare chest, giving him a concerned look. "It was just a suggestion. And not meant in any way to hurt your ego." She sat up, wrapped her arms around hid neck and kissed him. "And really, only if you'd have fun getting kinky, too, okay?" She shrugged, smiling sheepishly.

Cessily: "In any case, there's still my little box of fun toys under the bed. Jill and Terry went shopping with me a while ago." She kissed him again, this time nibbling on his lip. "But regardless of what we're going to do now, I hope you're going back to taking advantage of me real soon. Because I missed you, and dammit, I want you."

Japh: Japh sighed heavily, "If I must then I must. RAWR!" he yelled and shifted down, pulling her dress off too, taking a little while for himself to pull off his shorts, then got back into character, "Mew..err..Rawr!" he jumped back on to Cess with a happy grin.
Kieron Gillen