Summer 2009: Scott Summers

Check out what goes on between semesters here!
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Summer 2009: Scott Summers

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Remy: Remy reclined on the wooden bench, the setting sun lighting the porch in a warm mellow glow and shining off the rumps of about a dozen horses in a feild not too far from them, standing placidly in the fading heat, flicking flies with their tails. He lifted the fresh beer Scott had supplied to his lips. "Nice out here, in a weird ass country way. Get why y' like it."

Talia: TJ stepped out onto the porch, joining the two. "Johnny's all settled in too. He fell asleep before his head hit the pillow," she took a seat beside Remy.

Summers: Scott twitched a fly off his bare foot and propped it against a railing post. "It's peaceful." He made a face and tacked on, "when it's not overrun with people." He lifted his water bottle in salute. "Amen to that. I'm glad you missed the hullabaloo."

Summers: He dug through the small cooler and proffered a beer to TJ. "That's good to hear. You guys had a long trip. The poor kid must be done in."

Remy: "Mmm. Good. He needed dat after all d' excitement." He put his hand on her leg. "Well. Imaginin' it's a bit more when it's not so overrun, non? Even though dis is less dan y' had a bit ago...still a lot of people."

Talia: "It was nice though. Everyone was really sweet, and Johnny had a total blast. He loves playing with other kids." She took the beer and took a swig. "Good to see what I married in to too."

Summers: "Well luckily, you'll never see most of them again. They were mostly Megan's family from Ireland, and then Uncle Arthur's family. My side's a bit small."

Talia: "Ok....so, then they were all Megan's family...and the people who are still here are from your Mom's side? Is that it?" she asked, taking another sip, and leaning into Remy a bit, putting her leg up.

Summers: "Kinda. Mom's only got the one sister, Sarah, and her husband, Arthur's got a big family, too. But my dad doesn't have anyone closer than Remy- you know, I actually could care less at this point. I'm still scrubbing crayon off my walls and gluing my trophies back together. I'm done with family. Except you guys. You guys're quiet."

Remy: He nearly snorted beer out his nose at that. "Now y' say we're quiet. Seem t' remember somethin' different from y' dat first year we were in school together Scotty."

Summers: "That was a long time ago, and you seem to have changed, yourself." He jerked a thumb over his shoulder pointing to a room above them, meaning Johnny.

Remy: Chuckling, he shrugged, moving his arm around his wife's shoulder, giving her a small smile. "Well. Not dat much. Y're jus' not near to us in room assignments no more."

Talia: She lifted her brow at Remy. "What's that mean? We don't make a bunch of noise, no one ever complains!"

Remy: "No one ever complains no more." He gave her a pointed look. "An' dat's cause we're out on our own end now. An' we'll be in d' house soon. So it will work out."

Summers: Scott stifled his laugh and hid his smirk behind his water bottle over TJ's expression at that. "Well, I hope the boat house works for you. It's a nice place. When are you guys going to move into it? On the new semester, or sometime into it?"

Remy: "When we get back. It's nearly done by now. Dey sent some pictures t' show d' progress. It's lookin' good. We'll have t' have a housewarmin'." He smiled again at Talia. "It's good t' get out somewhere we can be a family y' know? Bit more room out dere for everyone."

Talia: She nodded. "It'll be way better for Johnny too. He'll have his own place to roam. I'm so excited to move in...and like, go shopping for everything too."

Summers: "Sounds fun." He rolled his eyes and watched the horses graze around for a minute.

Remy: He laughed again, and held a beer up at Scott. "Spoken like a true guy. I'm wit' y' dere. I'll jus' let d' girls go at it." He glanced back at Talia with a mock firm look. "Jus' no pink, an' no flowers."

Talia: She gave him a look. "You are not getting out of this. I'm already doing all the wedding stuff, you are so helping pick out stuff for the house. Tough shit!"

Summers: "Well, at least you won't pick pink flowers, Remy," he said with a laugh, glad that Angel wouldn't dream of pink anything but the odd shirt.

Remy: "I'll go get all d' furniture. I like gettin' furniture. Simple thing dat. If y' think I'm spendin' time pickin' out dishes an' placemats for hours, y' got another thing, chere. If we can do it all in an afternoon? Sure. Ain't debatin' on if I like dis white plate or dat white plate more for half an' hour."

Talia: She rolled her eyes. "You're impossible. And we're not like...just gonna go get furniture. We gotta pick it out and all too." She finished her beer and put the bottle down. She was silent for a bit, watching the sun setting. "It is nice out here. Like, real peaceful, but not boring like the desert."

Remy: He looked at her bemused. "Gettin' it is pickin' it out. Jus'...simple like. Go. Pick. Order. Dey deliver. Done." He pulled her against him. "Oui. An' I think d' horses even like y'." Another small chuckle. "Scott. Dis gonna be where y' come after school? T' settle down?"

Talia: She shuddered a bit. "Well I don't like them. Mean beasty things."

Summers: "Probably, though Hank has offered me a position back at school. I'm...not sure yet." He gave TJ a mock sad face. "Hey, don't say things like that in front of them!" He waved over at the field. "They'll be offended." Sitting back in the chair, he dug around his pockets for his cigarettes.

Remy: Raising an eyebrow at the horses, he looked back at Scott. "Y' mean dey do more dan jus' stand dere an' shit, mon ami?"

Talia: "They can be offended. Horse's are mean animals," she scowled at them. "I'm ok with them since they're way out there. They can stay way out there."

Summers: "Yes. They can neigh, and gallop, and trot, and carry you to places. And they're sweet and nice and listen." Finding them, he shook out one, and lit it. "And, TJ," he added, cigarette bobbing up and down between his lips, "they're probably more afraid of you than you are of them."

Remy: Giving Scott an odd look he nodded at the cigarette. "Thought y' quit. Dis a cowboy thing?" He had to admit, with the hat, and everything else, Scott fit the part.

Talia: She took a breath. "They can be scared too...if it keeps them away," she reached in for another beer.

Remy: "Dere's a big fence, Talia. We're good." He took TJ's fresh beer from her and grinned sassily.

Talia: "Hey!!" She snatched it back from him after he'd taken a sip. "Get your own!" she stuck out her tongue.

Remy: Giving a long suffering sigh, he got up and grabbed his own beer. "Didn't we put dat into d' contract? Love in sickness an' health an' get d' beer?"

Talia: "You find me the contract and where it says it, and I'll honor it," she gave him a sweet smile. "Oh love of my life!"

Summers: "I only do it occasionally. And it's better than other things I've done...heh." He trailed off and smiled fondly at them, glad they were so happy. "If you guys want, I can roll out a sleeping bag in the kid's room."

Remy: He tickled her in retaliation. "I think we can restrain ourselves for a couple of nights Scotty. We're not quite dat bad." He peeled at the label on his bottle a bit, eye's tracking the lengthening shadows. "Y' think dey'll have a graduation or somethin' dis year? I mean...I'm sure we'll party, but still."

Talia: She giggled and swerved away from him, then leaned back into him as he sobered. "I think they'll have graduation. Right? It's the first year anyone's graduating from there.." Talia looked down at her own bottle, before taking another sip. "I wish I was graduating with you guys too..."

Summers: "I'm sure they'll be some sort of ceremony. At the very least, we should get medals for going through the shit we have." He stubbed out his cigarette butt in a handy ash tray shaped like a horseshoe. "Well, if you were, you probably wouldn't have Johnny, and that would suck more."

Remy: "Not jus' d' grad class dat deserves dat." He gave her hand a squeeze. "An' oui. Well. It'll give us an' extra year at d' school at least, an' dat will look good, oui?"

Talia: She nodded. "Well....if I'd stayed and all. I coulda still had him but done school," her lips pursed. "But yeah, another year. Not a bad thing. Just gonna be nuts."

Talia: She gave him a pointed look.

Summers: "I think everyone deserves a medal. Hey, you'll have lots of help, I'm sure, and by that time, Johnny'll be able to attend a preschool?"

Remy: "Well, we'll do good. It's a lot different now. An' we got everyones support." He shrugged. "Pas d' problem." He frowned slightly at Scott's words. "Well. We'll see. So far y're mothers group is goin' pretty good, neh?" He asked Talia. "An' I can do my work around d' schedules."

Talia: "Yeah thats going good. He won't be ready for preschool yet then, but like.." she paused. "It's gonna be alot to work around. If you know..." She stopped. "Anyway, we'll figure it all out."

Summers: "You will. The best thing is not to worry, and know you'll figure it out." He looked up at the sky, watching the constellations twinkle into view.
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.