Part 1: The Basics
1. What is your full name?
Clarice Heqet Ferguson
2. Where and when were you born?
Cartusia in the Bahamas on the second of September, it's like this teeeeeny little island that no-ones EVER heard of, there were only like ... fifty people living there when we left ... I think ...
3. Who are/were your parents? (Know their names, occupations, personalities, etc.)
Mama was ... is Nailah Ferguson (she was Chalthoum before she married), Daddy's name is Gerald. I haven't been in contact with them since I was ten, but I remember that they loved me a lot, and they worried about me a lot too.
4. Do you have any siblings? What are/were they like?
No, I think maybe Mama and Daddy would have thought it irrisponcible to have another baby with the situation we were in.
5. Where do you live now, and with whom? Describe the place and the person/people.
I'm a drifter, I travel from place to place and I usually sleep in hard to reach places, like sheds on top of apartment blocks or the balconies of abandoned buildings. For the past few years the closest I've had to real home is in Quebec with Blanche and Louis Martin, they're the kindest people I know along with Narayan.
6. What is your occupation?
Super-Hero! Under the alias Blink I travel the country righting wrongs and defending the helpless! I try to keep as anonomus as possible of course which is why you probably haven't really heard of me, I just want to help people. For the past couple of years I've been doing odd-jobs here and there, like I worked as a fruit picker in the summers and wash dishes at grubby little all night cafes, it doesn't pay much but I don't need much (and it also means that I can sneak some money to the Martins in exchange for board, they'd never accept it if I just gave it too them but I like to help!)
7. Write a full physical description of yourself. You might want to consider factors such as: height, weight, race, hair and eye color, style of dress, and any tattoos, scars, or distinguishing marks.
... How long you got? Well last I checked I'm 6"1' ... not sure about weight but I'm very physically fit and pretty muscular for a girl so probably a bit on the heavey side, I'm mixed race you might be suprised to learn, Mama's familiy is black Eyptian and Daddy's white American. Style of dress? Well when I'm not in my costume I usually wear whatever, I have to rely on charity for clothes so it's a bit hit or miss, but prefer just jeans and a shirt, I'm sorta a no fuss girl
As for the other stuff ... weeeell my skin is a sorta pink-lavender colour, with my hair a few shades darker, my eyes are bright forest green and they glow in the dark apprently, I don't seem to have any pupils or anything either which is kinda strange but I can see just fine. I also have these markings on my face, they're not scars or tattoos, I was born with them. I have a diamond shape in the middle of my forhead (my third eye in chakra) two half cresents just above my right eyebrow and a full cresent going through my left eyebrow and eye, ending on my cheek. As for scars ... well I've got loads of them from all the fighting, luckily none of them are too disfiguring.
8. To which social class do you belong?
Umm, i'm not sure what we were back on Cartusia, but in the US we ended up homeless so I guess the lowest ...
9. Do you have any allergies, diseases, or other physical weaknesses?
Not really, though my left ankle's always been a bit weaker since I broke it that one time.
10. Are you right- or left-handed?
I'm a righty
11. What does your voice sound like?
Erm ... I dunno, like every other girl my age? I squeak when I get excited sometimes and if i'm really sleepy-angry-excited you can hear the pidgin from the island comming back ... I dunno, Mama always said I sounded more like a white girl than black?
12. What words and/or phrases do you use very frequently?
I go 'like' a lot, and 'oh my gosh', I never swear as well if that counts?
13. What do you have in your pockets?
Hmmm, lemme see, a sewing kit for some repairs, some change, a candy wrapper, my prayer beads and a spider with only six legs that i'm keeping in a match box till I can get it somewhere safe, poor little guy.
14. Do you have any quirks, strange mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics?
I'm easily exciteable and apparently I can be kinda ... intensly friendly sometimes? Does the not swearing count here too? Oh! Sometimes I speak in third person and self narrate when I get too into the hero zone.
Part 2: Growing Up
15. How would you describe your childhood in general?
Before we moved to the US, wonderful from what I remember, afterwards ... well, I made the best of it.
16. What is your earliest memory?
Mama teaching me how to climb trees to pick oranges, we tucked our skirts into our panties to do it and it was so much fun, mama could climb like a monkey! I think I was maybe just about to turn four?
17. How much schooling have you had?
Not much, it was very disrupted with moving all across the country.
18. Did you enjoy school?
Not really, people teased me a lot for my looks.
19. Where did you learn most of your skills and other abilities?
My parents for most normal things,like cooking and sewing, with the Martin's building on them as time went by, Narayan taught me about religion and how to think on a more ... cosmic level I guess? The combat is mostly self taught through experience, I believe it's called 'The style of no-style', pretty cool huh?
20. While growing up, did you have any role models? If so, describe them.
BATMAN! No seriously! Batman is my hero! Like ... old Batman before he got all moody and dark and stuff. My parents as well, and Narayan.
21. While growing up, how did you get along with the other members of your family?
Really well, Mama and Daddy were tough but affectionate.
22. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
A super hero! And if I couldn't be a super-hero I wanted to be an astronaut, and if that didn't work out, a vet.
23. As a child, what were your favorite activities?
On Cartusia it was climbing trees for fruit and playing on the beach, when we were homeless I used to make up stories to tell to Mama and Daddy in the evenings, and then when I was put in the homes I liked to watch Batman on TV and play in the gardens if they had one.
24. As a child, what kinds of personality traits did you display?
I was always very happy, no matter what, and even if I felt sad on the inside I always looked happy on the outside. I guess I was pretty quiet too, I was a daydreamer..
25. As a child, were you popular? Who were your friends, and what were they like?
Erm, I never really had friends as a kid, with how I look and all the moving it was kinda hard to make them, I think the closest I had was a girl called Mindy who'd been orphaned in a fire and had a burnt face. She liked trucks, but then I was moved again and lost contact with her.
26. When and with whom was your first kiss?
Nope, never been kissed.
27. Are you a virgin? If not, when and with whom did you lose your virginity?
Yes, I'm a virgin.
28. If you are a supernatural being (i.e. mage, werewolf, vampire), tell the story of how you became what you are or first learned of your own abilities. If you are just a normal human, describe any influences in your past that led you to do the things you do today.
Well, I've always known I'm different 'cos of how I look, but I manifested my teleporting powers when I was twelve ... I really don't wanna go into how, it's embarassing. I watched some of the older boys at the home I was in playing Portal to get ideas once I stopped being freaked out by what I could do and then I started praticing, 'flinging' is a lot of fun!
Anyway, the reason I became a super-hero is 'cos of karma, I figure that if I help enough people i'll earn enough karma to find my parents again ... though sometimes I worry that maybe that's selfish of me? I dunno ...
Part 3: Past Influences
29. What do you consider the most important event of your life so far?
Important? It's kinda hard to think what the most important is, I'd say in order of occurance, my parents putting me into care, discovering my powers, running away from the homes, meeting Narayan and meeting Jean-Paul.
30. Who has had the most influence on you?
My parents and Narayan.
31. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
Saving Quebec from a bombing with Jean-Paul! We saved so many lives do that and when we got rid of that bomb ... it was just amazing, I felt like a REAL hero then!
32. What is your greatest regret?
Don't tell anyone but it's actually being part of the reason Jean-Paul handed himself in to the police in Quebec, 'cos it caused him so much pain with his friends at Xaiver's with the Brotherhood. I know he'd tell me it's not my fault that happened and that if we hadn't done anything he would have been part-responcible for mass murder which I don't think he would have been able to live with but ... I still feel bad for him.
33. What is the most evil thing you have ever done?
Evil? Umm ... I don't think I've ever done anything really evil, I've sometimes lost my temper when dealing with criminals though, like ... the really scummy and I would say evils ones, so maybe I've kept on hitting them after I should have stopped but I always made sure to port them to a hospital and inform the police, and help the victims.
34. Do you have a criminal record of any kind?
Probably sorta? I'm probably wanted for being a teen run away and for vigilatism and fighting.
35. When was the time you were the most frightened?
My first night alone in the home after my parents gave me up, I cried all night and it took me months to be able to sleep.
36. What is the most embarrassing thing ever to happen to you?
... Manifesting my teleporting powers.
37. If you could change one thing from your past, what would it be, and why?
Not having to leave my parents.
38. What is your best memory?
The first time I tried 'flinging' with my powers, it was terrifying and exhilirating at the same time, it felt like I was flying, it felt like I was going to die.
39. What is your worst memory?
The care worker taking me away from my parents ... watching them getting smaller out of the back window and then vanishing ...
Part 4: Beliefs And Opinions
40. Are you basically optimistic or pessimistic?
Optimistic! If you believe everything will work out okay and do something about it, it will!
41. What is your greatest fear?
... Mimes, they freak me out!
42. What are your religious views?
I'm a Buddhist of the Indian/Tibetian traditions, and I think some of my parents Baptist-ness still lingers too.
43. What are your political views?
"Why can't we all just get along?"
44. What are your views on sex?
Well I'm not a monk or a nun >,> so sex is okay so long as both people are able to consent. Personally I think you should only have sex with someone you care about since it's such a deep connection, and that superficial sleeping around is ultimatly damaging to your soul, but I don't like preaching at people so I keep my views to myself unless someone asks. If someone's a slut it's thier choice after all, and it doesn't stop them from being good people.
45. Are you able to kill? Under what circumstances do you find killing to be acceptable or unacceptable?
No, I could never kill, to kill is wrong, and while sometimes it might be your only option as a final form of defense, that doesn't make it right or okay
46. In your opinion, what is the most evil thing any human being could do?
Theft, when you get down to it theft is the only crime, whether it's theft of material things, freedom, dignity, reputation or another life.
47. Do you believe in the existence of soul mates and/or true love?
I believe in soul mates and true love, but I think a soul mate doesn't have to be your true romantic love. I believe that there's all differnt kinds of love and they can all be as deep and important as each other, so a soul mates can be a friend or relative you love more than anything ... just not romantically.
48. What do you believe makes a successful life?
"Life is the first gift, love is the second, and understanding the third." - Marge Piercy
49. How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings (i.e. do you hide your true self from others, and in what way)?
I don't hide my true self, I am who I am and I'm proud of that ... I guess though I hide my feelings as much as any other seventeen year old girl I figure.
50. Do you have any biases or prejudices?
I'm prejudiced against people who hurt other people, they tend to get ported to the nearest station a liiiiiittle worse for the wear.
51. Is there anything you absolutely refuse to do under any circumstances? Why do you refuse to do it?
Kill, it's wrong. Or help participate in any crime at all, be it moral or legal.
52. Who or what, if anything, would you die for (or otherwise go to extremes for)?
I am prepared and at peace with the fact that if it calls for it, I will make the ultimate sacrifice for the greater good if it is ever called for. I'm not scared of death. "Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends." - John 15:13
Part 5: Relationships With Others
53. In general, how do you treat others (politely, rudely, by keeping them at a distance, etc.)? Does your treatment of them change depending on how well you know them, and if so, how?
I like to think the best of everyone, so I'm friendly to everyone I meet ... if they're not nice people then I'm not so friendly as time goes on, but I try not to be rude. If however it's someone in the process of commiting a crime I give them two chances to surrender usually and then lay the smack down.
54. Who is the most important person in your life, and why?
Right now? Well I dunno? Jean-Paul? He was my first real friend and I sorta feel like he's the big brother I never had you know? I ... also might have a bit of a crush on him, but he's gay so nothing will ever come from it, which I'm cool with, so long as the people I love are happy, i'm happy too.
55. Who is the person you respect the most, and why?
My parents, they had to make some hard choices and thought they didn't turn out so good they stayed together and worked thier hardest at it, and Narayan, he was my first real teacher and was there for me at my darkest point. He made me believe that there's good in the world again.
56. Who are your friends? Do you have a best friend? Describe these people.
Jean-Paul, Blanche and Louis Martin. Blanche and Louis have been like an aunt and uncle to me, they always welcome me into thier home and look after me and I care a lot about them. Jean-Paul is my best friend and I think he's the bravest person I know, he'd probably agree outwardly since he's a little full of himself, but in the funny way, but to hand himself into the police when he could have run away, and to run towards the guy with the bomb ... you need to have a lot of courage to do that. He's also pretty cute and has pointy ears as well.
57. Do you have a spouse or significant other? If so, describe this person.
No, I'm not seeing anyone at the moment.
58. Have you ever been in love? If so, describe what happened.
I don't think so, I have a small crush on Jean-Paul and I've seen like ... actors and stuff and thought 'Ooh! They're hot!' but apart from that I've never really had the chance to really ... do the dating thing.
59. What do you look for in a potential lover?
Umm ... I dunno? I guess I'd have to find them physically attractive and they'd have to be like ... not a jerk. Thought the biggest thing would be finding someone I like who isn't put off by how I look.
60. How close are you to your family?
I was very close with them, and I miss them every day.
61. Have you started your own family? If so, describe them. If not, do you want to? Why or why not?
Oh gosh no! I'm far to young to think about that. I think I'd like to have kids one day though ... but I'd have to be in a stable realtionship and have secure money and a place to live and things ...
62. Who would you turn to if you were in desperate need of help?
63. Do you trust anyone to protect you? Who, and why?
I trust Jean-Paul to watch my back if we're together.
64. If you died or went missing, who would miss you?
I know my parents (whereever they are) miss me, Narayan probably misses me when I don't go and visit him and if anything happened the Martin family would miss me too.
65. Who is the person you despise the most, and why?
There's no one I really despise, except crooks, 'cos they take what isn't thiers.
66. Do you tend to argue with people, or avoid conflict?
Oh I hate arguements, I'd rather stay out of them if at all possible, all that negetive feelings are bad for your karma.
67. Do you tend to take on leadership roles in social situations?
I don't know ... I mean, maybe if I had too? But if I do join the X-Men then I'm sure there's loads of people there that would be way better at it, like those teachers.
68. Do you like interacting with large groups of people? Why or why not?
No, not really, I don't have much experience with it.
69. Do you care what others think of you?
I've learned to be pretty thick-skinned when it comes to what strangers think of me, but I care a lot for what the people i'm close too think about me.
Part 6: Likes And Dislikes
70. What is/are your favorite hobbies and pastimes?
Fighting crime! Hee, when I'm not doing that I like watching TV and animal spotting.
71. What is your most treasured possession?
My Kermit the frog doll, and my lucky penny, it's been sheered in half.
72. What is your favorite color?
73. What is your favorite food?
74. What, if anything, do you like to read?
Erm ... I'm not so good at reading, but I try to read the papers when I can to keep up to date with news.
75. What is your idea of good entertainment (consider music, movies, art, etc.)?
I like going to museams and art galleries.
76. Do you smoke, drink, or use drugs? If so, why? Do you want to quit?
Oh no, using drugs like that is against my religion.
77. How do you spend a typical Saturday night?
Prowling around the clubbing districts keeping an eye out for trouble, dealing with drunks is not fun.
78. What makes you laugh?
I have a pretty childish sense of humour xD
79. What, if anything, shocks or offends you?
Well, I'm not shocked by just how depraved humans can be anymore, but you know what offends me, most of the music these days offends me! It's all about random sex!
80. What would you do if you had insomnia and had to find something to do to amuse yourself?
81. How do you deal with stress?
I work it out by training.
82. Are you spontaneous, or do you always need to have a plan?
It depends on the situation really, if it's serious thing then you need a plan but spontaneous can be fun, if it's just for fun.
83. What are your pet peeves?
People of smoosh bugs instead of just putting them out of the window, the bugs arn't going to hurt you!
Part 7: Self Images And Etc.
84. Describe the routine of a normal day for you. How do you feel when this routine is disrupted?
Get up, find a place to wash, dress in civillian clothes, find some food, change into costume, go do some good, get changed, have some dinner, go to bed. And that depends entierly what kind of disruption it is >,>
85. What is your greatest strength as a person?
Hope and determination, hope that things will get better and the determination to make it happen.
86. What is your greatest weakness?
I can be pretty reckless, and act before I think when I get too into the moment.
87. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
... Maybe get rid of the weak ankle?
88. Are you generally introverted or extroverted?
I think everyone would agree I'm an extrovert.
89. Are you generally organized or messy?
I'm pretty tidy I think.
90. Name three things you consider yourself to be very good at, and three things you consider yourself to be very bad at.
Fighting, singing and cheering people up. Thinking things through, cooking, school type stuff
91. Do you like yourself?
Yeah, I think I'm a pretty good person
92. What are your reasons for being an adventurer (or doing the strange and heroic things that RPG characters do)? Are your real reasons for doing this different than the ones you tell people in public? (If so, detail both sets of reasons...)
I believe in karma, if I do enough good I just kknow I'll find my Mama and Daddy again.
93. What goal do you most want to accomplish in your lifetime?
To change the world for the better in some way.
94. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Hopefully with my parents, if not still doing the same thing I'm doing now till I find them.
95. If you could choose, how would you want to die?
In my sleep after a long, happy life.
96. If you knew you were going to die in 24 hours, name three things you would do in the time you had left.
Tell my friends I loved them, write a letter to my parents in the hope that someone else might find them and then I'd meditate, so that when death came I would be at peace with myself.
97. What is the one thing for which you would most like to be remembered after your death?
Well, for making the world a better place.
98. What three words best describe your personality?
Cheerful, energetic, brave.
99. What three words would others probably use to describe you?
Crazy, happy, affectionate
100. If you could, what advice would you, the player, give to your character? (You might even want to speak as if he or she were sitting right here in front of you, and use proper tone so he or she might heed your advice...)
No matter what happens, try and hold onto your hope and intergrity. There's so many people in the world who'll try and break you, it really is precious. Oh, and seriously, you'd probably feel a lot better if you just swore every now and then, really.