My Second Life: A DeadGirl Fic

For all fiction that occurs outside the game timeline, either before or after the characters initiation into the game.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:37 am

Spring

Light.
It burns my eyes. I gasp. Air tumbles into my lungs and fills them up, inflating like plastic bags in the wind. I think.
Grabbing my chest with my right hand I sit up. I'm nearly naked, a tee shirt and panties is all I have on. Okay, there's also the one blue sock.
How did you get like this? I ask myself. Then my jaw drops. It's not a realization, nor an epiphany. It's not something that startles me and breaks me, i don't submit to an overwhelming feeling of loss in a sudden revelation, but it's not exactly a simple realization either.

I don't know how I got here, where here is, and most importantly, I don't know who I am!
My eyes search wildly and they see nothing but desert to the right. There's a large incline to my left however. A Subaru WRX lays upside down, smashed. It appears to have flipped over the ledge, so there must be a mountain road up there. Okay, you...whoever you are...you know basic American Geography, you must be in the midwest.
Fuck, how do I know I'm in the American Mid West? This could be Australia, or Africa!
stop! I scream at myself. You jumped to that conclusion, you know something about where you are, even if you're not exactly sure where here is...
I stumble to my feet. At least I can remember how to think, how to walk, and how to argue with myself.

I approach the car. It appears someone dragged themselves from the smashed window over to where- oh. That must have been me.

Okay You, that explains how You got here. Now where's here. I look at the front of the car. License plate says Montana. Awesome, so I'm probably there, or somewhere close.
Sweet.
Now who am I?

I pick up the rear view mirror which is a few feet from the car. Looking in it like a woman looks in a mirror to check her eyeliner, I try to see my reflection. I see my eyes, my lips, my nose. I don't know you I say to myself. Why don't I know you? Why isn't this triggering anything! That's when I notice my complexion. For having sat in the hot desert sun for what was probably many an hour... I was as pale as the moon. What the hell is going on? I throw the mirror to the ground and it smashes, the glass exploding into pieces.
Good Riddance.

I turn up the cliff and sigh. If you're gonna find anything out, best go the way you came. I groan as I begin to climb the steep rocky-cliff back up to the mountain road.

Halfway up the cliff she found a purse. Delighted and terrified to have found the purple satchel she went through it eagerly to find an I.D.

None. She did however find a tampon, a brush, a box of band aids, a pocket knife (which she put in her pocket along with the tampon) a small mirror, and a note. A very nicely folded note, even folds and corners matching.

She read the letter.

I'm sorry I couldn't be at Prom with you this year babe. Hope you have fun with Gabe. Tell him to take it easy on the alcohol for me okay? You're still my baby! I'll think of you every night MoonBeam.

-Sincerely (x's and o's) SunRay.
[Edited on 6/7/08 by Ult_Sm86]

[Edited on 18/7/08 by Ult_Sm86]
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS

Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Fall 2008

Post by Ult_Sm86 » Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:28 pm

It hurt. The pain in her head which was from the screaming at night. They yelled at her for help, for answers, for prayers, for revenge, for anything, for everything. She couldn't get them to stop, to shut up.

For a long time she thought she was psychic but when she ran into an empty field one day with no one for miles and still heard them she was certain. They were dead. They were all dead.

They were voices that wandered in and out of the world of the living and those same voices hauled her conscious away at night and kept her crying until sunrise.

They would appear to her, rarely, and ask her questions. They would ask why usually, why they had to die. Why they had to leave their loved ones.

One time an older woman tried to tell Moonbeam about what a wonderful she had, and how her husband was a great man who made great changes in the world. Her husband was apparently the inventor of the fresh-keep seal for peanut cans and the woman rattled on in Moonbeam's head for hours about the millions of dollars they saw pour in from this.

They scared her. The voices terrified her but when they stopped she was even more alone. She had no one, no past to dwell on, no friends to think fondly of, nothing. No voices to keep her up. There was only emptiness.

It was sick and wrong but she would rather talk to dead people all night than have no one to remember all day.
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial

tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

Post by tears~fall~like~glass » Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:16 am

atm, I imagine the pain to be about ten times worse than my hand feels after the puppy chewed on it... ><

Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple

Post by Esynthia » Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:47 am

how'd she find the name Moonbeam?
ImageImage

Remy: he feels lust for everyone

Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 » Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:38 am

Originally in that fic I had a note from her boyfriend who is doing his duty over in Afghanistan, however; I forgot to have that tidbit in there.

It is currently being edited

:blend "You never saw me..."

Love das flockige
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Love das flockige » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:22 am

Gah! Why have I never heard of moonbeam? *love frantically searches her archives of Marvel books and X-Men encyclopedias*

Well, anywho. You've got my attention.
Support Love's business, visit Kinosei: Plushies by MG

http://plushiesbymg.wordpress.com