A Marvelous Occasion

A section for all the stories we can't tell within the game, but still kick ass! Anything goes!
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

A Marvelous Occasion

Post by Svartfreja » Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:57 pm

This is the first part of my fic. There's still time to sign up! Thought I'd post the first part so you can meet/ask questions about a couple of my folks. if you want to sign up to have one of your folks in this you can do that HERE. Enjoy!

Part One

It was an early morning in Kaelin, the capital of the humans' kingdom, at least it was for most of the residents. For some, like the King (a seven feet tall half-Elven man with brown hair), it was still just a very late night.

Jack sighed and put down his pen, scrubbing his face with his hands. Wake up! You're not finished yet! He moved his latest completed work to the pile where the others were and got up to make some tea.

As he waited for the water to boil, quietly wondering how they even got electricity here, he looked out of the window - there was much more sun then he remembered there being an hour ago. He looked up at the clock that hung above his door. Ah, that explained why. 6am. Lovely.

The kettle boiled and flicked off on its own, the noise startled Jack from his thoughts. He shook himself and poured the tea then tried to decide what to start on next. He sighed heavily. There definately hadn't been this much paperwork two thousand years ago when he'd taken the job.

He went back to his desk and sat down again. He made himself comfortable and sipped his tea while he thumbed through the remaining papers in search of something interesting. He paused and lifted his head, frowning slightly. What the heck was that? There was a sound. The longer he listened the louder it got. "Eeeeeeeeeeeeaaaarrrrrgh!" SPLAT. Jack got up and stuck his head out of the window.

"Oh it's you." The small, black and winged shape on the ground groaned. "What happened?" The Dragon stumbled to it's feet and looked for the owner of the voice.

"Whossat?"

"Look up, Frodar," the Dragon did. Then grinned.

"Oh hi, Jack!" he said, "You're up early!"

"Actually I haven't been to bed yet." Jack told him, "What happened to you anyway? You haven't crashed like that in ages."

"I tripped." The Dragon replied, Jack blinked,
"On what?" he failed to see that there was anything to trip on in the air. The Dragon shrugged,

"Beats me." The Dragon stomped off towards the front door of the castle looking slightly lopsided. Jack watched him for a minute then decided he was too tired to be this confused. He put the thought out of his mind and went back to his paperwork.

Some time later, a woman knocked on Jack's office door. The woman's name was Bronda, she was a tall woman at 5'10", slim and had long black hair and brown eyes. She also happened to be a Spirit - a very complicated lifeform of which there are only eight and her Element was Fire. Which basically meant she was bad tempered, persistant and unpredictable at best.

Jack didn't answer when she knocked so she opened the door and went in, "Oi!"

Jack jerked awake and sat up, a piece of paper stuck to the side of his face, "I'm awake! What did I miss?" He looked around the room, expecting the room to be full of people. In stead, he just saw Bronda. He blinked sleepy green eyes at he for a moment as the piece of paper detached itself and fluttered onto the floor, "Oh... er... am I late for something?"

Bronda shook her head slowly, a bit confused herself, "Have you been working all night again?" he nodded, she sighed, "Idiot." She created him a nice hot cup of coffee out of thin air and passed it to him, "Here. Drink up. You'll need it."

Jack did as he was told, afraid to ask why he'd need so much caffeine. Bronda didn't give him time to prepare himself.

"We have some visitors."

Jack nodded. That was okay. People showed up all the time. No big deal. Probably just passing through on the way to Alfheim or to the port. He could manage visitors. So why the coffee?

"I asked their names... they have surnames... Soo... they're from Earth."

Oh. That was a problem. Jack had another gulp of coffee.

"And..." Bronda continued, biting her lip, this was the real problem. "They're... kinda familiar... in a... um... fictional character kind of way...."

Jack choked on his next gulp of coffee and Bronda had to pat him on the back. "W-where from?" he managed. Though he'd rather not know - he just wanted to go to bed...

"Um... marvel comics..." Bronda said in a small voice, "er... surprise!" she gave a nervous laugh.

"Dare I ask 'who'?" Jack said, really wishing and hoping he was dreaming.

"Uh... think you should, er... see for yourself... and quick. I, er, left them with Ethan."
:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6

Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

A Marvelous Occasion

Post by Elfdame » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:09 pm

This is gonna be sooo fun. No fair, tempting me with GlassRaya AND this little gem.

Also, can't help commenting:
Which basically meant she was bad tempered, persistant and unpredictable at best.
Typical woman.
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

A Marvelous Occasion

Post by Svartfreja » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:23 pm

Elfdame wrote:This is gonna be sooo fun. No fair, tempting me with GlassRaya AND this little gem.

Also, can't help commenting:
Which basically meant she was bad tempered, persistant and unpredictable at best.
Typical woman.
Lol she's a little more dangerous than your average woman though :P Thanks for the comment!

More to come soon!

IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6

tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

A Marvelous Occasion

Post by tears~fall~like~glass » Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:03 pm

Ooooh... moar! :D

Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator
Title: SCP-3068
Nightscrawlearth Character: :selene :mayhem :icarus :warren :sabretooth

A Marvelous Occasion

Post by Scumfish » Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:00 pm

Hah, I'm probably finding this funnier coz I *know* all about your chars. And omg - Bronda left them with Ethan?! *facepalm* Hooo boy. XD
Those who know, don't say; those who don't, say too much.

Aodhfionn 'Fianna' MacDuibh's Character Blog (for Nightscrawler's RPG)

My (NSFW) Art/General Blog || My Trans Blog || My (SFW-ish) Art

Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Part Two

Post by Svartfreja » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:18 pm

"What part of you thought that leaving them with Ethan was a good idea?" Jack demanded, ten minutes later, "You must have had some idea this would happen."

"Er... I wasn't really thinking about it. I just thought I could get to you faster..." Bronda chewed her lip, "Hmm... if I was Ethan and had a bunch of aliens to play with, where would I be...?"

A swirl of blue lights announced the arrival of reinforcements in the form of Ciara (a Human and Guardian of Water, who was five feet eight inches tall, had brown hair and blue eyes. She also happened to be Jack's daughter-in-law) and Corrine (an Elven woman with short brown hair and green eyes. She was two inches shorter than Jack and was his half-niece and Ethan's most feared person).

"Where's the fire?" Ciara asked, looking first at Bronda then at Jack, "I was told it was an emergency."

"Where's Ethan?" Corrine asked, getting the feeling it was something to do with him from the shifty look on Bronda's face and the more-worried-than-usual look on Jack's.

"We don't know where he is." Bronda replied, "But wherever he is he's not alone... well... we hope he isn't..."

Corrine raised an eyebrow, "Do you want to explain what the hell you're talking about?"

"There's a portal nearby..." Ciara cut in, "How very odd..." she frowned and went to the nearest window, opening it and looking up at the sky, "It's there..." she pointed and used her special version of magic to illuminate the swirling mass. "What a strange place to put one..."

"That must have been what tripped Frodar earlier..." Jack guessed, looking up at the portal as well, "He fell out of the sky at about six o'clock this morning." He explained to the others, "Said he tripped on something which really confused me at the time since I hadn't had any sleep..."

"He's such an idiot..." Bronda muttered, "He didn't say anything about it." She shook her head, "Okay, so we've established how our visitors got here. Can we maybe work on finding them now?"

"If you hadn't left them with Ethan in the first place, we wouldn't have this problem right now." Jack reminded her.

"Yeah, yeah, we'll play who's-fault-is-it later!" Bronda waved a hand at him to get him to shut up. "Ciara, can you see if Ethan used Magic to get them out of here? I really hope he did, that'll be a big help..."

Ciara nodded and concentrated on sensing any recent magic-use in the area. "Hmm... He definately shape shifted...." she frowned, "Yes, he teleported... oh dear..."

"Oh dear? What do you mean oh dear?" Jack asked her, getting worried again, "Where are they?"

Ciara opened an eye, already wincing, "They may or may not be in Alfheim."

Sensing the imminant arrival of a world of pain, Ethan tried to get away. He shapeshifted into a fly and buzzed quickly towards the door, abandoning his already very confused guests. But he didn't get very far.

Ciara caught him with a quick blast of her magic, which neutralised his and reversed the shapeshift causing him to land with a bump on his ass and slide to a stop. He was then very unceremoniously hauled to his feet by Corrine and frogmarched to Bronda.

Ethan was 6'2" but at this moment he wished he was a lot smaller than that. He held his arms up over his face, "Don't hurt me! Not my fault Kaelin's boring!"

Bronda surveyed what was visible of his blond head, trying to decide what punishment to level on him. "Corrine..." Ethan whimpered. Any punishment that started with Corrine never ended well, "I think Ethan needs some hand-to-hand training."

Corrine grinned, "Have you been slacking again, dear cousin?" Ethan reluctantly nodded, he looked at Jack,

"She said to look after them!" he said, pointing at Bronda, "And Kaelin isn't good at that - Elves like visitors! So I brought them here! I would have left a note but I didn't have a pen!"

Jack sighed, "Put him down... for now." he told Corrine. Ethan didn't say thank you, he knew he wasn't quite off the hook yet. Corrine scowled and dropped him.

"Spoilsport..." she muttered. Then her attention was taken by something else, "Holy shit he has a tail!"

Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator
Title: SCP-3068
Nightscrawlearth Character: :selene :mayhem :icarus :warren :sabretooth

A Marvelous Occasion

Post by Scumfish » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:45 pm

:shifty
Those who know, don't say; those who don't, say too much.

Aodhfionn 'Fianna' MacDuibh's Character Blog (for Nightscrawler's RPG)

My (NSFW) Art/General Blog || My Trans Blog || My (SFW-ish) Art

Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple

A Marvelous Occasion

Post by Esynthia » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:33 pm

:eeevil
ImageImage

Remy: he feels lust for everyone

Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Part Three

Post by Svartfreja » Sat May 02, 2009 2:36 am

The 'visitors' shuffled closer together as the five Luodanans looked at them. "See?" Bronda said simply, "What did I tell you?" Jack just stared. Ciara was keeping an eye on Corrine who, naturally curious, wanted to study them closer - particularly the fuzzy yellow one and the tall one with the tail.

There was the sound of laughter beyond the doors at the far end of the room then a woman and a man entered. The woman stopped walking, the smile morphing into a look of sheer confusion. The man didn't break his stride but turned and headed straight out again. "I'm on holiday!" he said as the woman caught the back of his shirt, "It's not my problem!"

"Hi dad," the woman said, waving at Jack, "Who're all these people...? Frey stop struggling, I'm not letting go." The man stopped and sighed, turning around. He looked almost exactly like Jack, but possibly less sleepy.

"You know, Freja, I really hate you sometimes..." he said to the woman. She smiled and let go of him. she wore green (the same as Frey) and her hair was the same shade of brown, her eyes the same green. "Hi dad..." Frey mumbled.

Jack waved then covered his mouth as he yawned, "Okay," he said, "Since Frey's here, I'm going to bed now. Ciara, send me home please..."

Ciara raised her hand to cast and teleport Jack back to the castle on the other side of the continent but Bronda stopped her.

"We might need you here, Jack," she told him, "They all listen to you."

"They listen to Frey!" Jack argued, "Just because I'm technically in charge it doesn't mean I have any more authority." He yawned again, "Plus I've had no breakfast and barely any sleep." He added, thinking that it was a very good point.

"Perhaps our guests are hungry?" Freja suggested, looking them over, they were moving restlessly. "Let's all have something to eat and introduce ourselves. Then we can decide who stays and who goes."

"Excellent idea!" Bronda agreed, "Listen to your daughter, Jack, she's got brains."

"Mmm brains..." said Ethan, Corrine gave him a clip round the ear.

And so while food was consumed (after having been created along with a table and chairs by Bronda) introductions were made. It didn't take long to introduce the Luodanans and explain the family ties (incidentally Ciara was married to Frey) as there were only seven of them. Then Bronda introduced the visitors as she'd been told their names when they'd arrived. All but one of the visitors was impressed by her recall of so much information.

(The list is as follows: Alex, Amara, Andreas, Anna, Ben, Bobby, Hector, Jason, Kyle, Lorna, Mayhem, Miranda, Monet, Rachel, Raya, Rogue, Tessa, Wade)

Corrine was blatantly staring at Kyle as he munched through a thoroughly raw steak. Kyle grinned at her in what, to anyone but Corrine, could have seemed like a menacing way considering the bloody chops. But Corrine was a very different kind of Elf. Different in that she liked hurting things, it made her feel better.

"So... what were you doing before you all got here?" Freja asked, setting her teacup back on it's saucer. "Do any of you actually have the ability to teleport?"

"Nope, no teleporting here... right?" Anna looked around at the others, there was much shaking of heads, "Yep, no teleporting." She nodded.

Freja smiled at the girl, "Alright so no teleporting... but what were you all doing? Anything unusual?"

"I think that depends on what you mean by 'unusual'." Bobby replied, "Most people would consider the fact we exist 'unusual'."

Freja nodded, "Fair enough... But we could argue the same point about ourselves. What I mean is if there was anything unusual about your day so far. From your perspectives. Aside from the fact that you are now on an alien planet, of course."

"I'm still a little stuck on that one..." Jason confessed, "I always thought aliens would be little green men," he considered projecting the image onto somone or even just in the room but decided against it. For now. Maybe later when they weren't expecting it...

"No little green men here," Jack told him, "At least... none that I've seen..." he looked at Bronda, "There are no little green men that we've just missed are there?"

Bronda shook her head, "Er... no..." She was beginning to think that sending Jack to bed may be a good idea afterall.

"Today was a perfectly normal day." Amara told Freja, "Except for the fact that a lot of people showed up for training in the DR. Normally people avoid it."

"DR?" Frey echoed, "What's that?"

"Danger Room." said Jack, then put a hand over his mouth, "Ooops..."

Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

A Marvelous Occasion

Post by Esynthia » Sat May 02, 2009 4:38 am

Oops?! ><
ImageImage

Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Part Four

Post by Svartfreja » Sun May 03, 2009 11:56 am

"If this is anyone's fault it's yours." Jack stated, folding his arms, "You should have let me go to bed, then I wouldn't have said anything. You know I have no filter when I'm tired."

Bronda glanced over her shoulder at the group of now very paranoid guests that were being 'guarded' by Freja, Frey and Corrine. "Don't try and put this on me!" She hissed, "You should have let them answer the damned question - I managed it!"

"I'm going to repeat my earlier comment about having no filter when I'm tired." Jack replied, "I couldn't help it."

"Maybe..." said Ethan, for once trying to calm the situation and not make it worse, "We could just, I dunno... tell them?"

"Are you mad?!" Bronda asked him,"You can't just tell people something like that!"

"Oh yeah of course you can't." Jack cut in, "Just like you can't tell four confused teenagers that they're aliens."

Bronda narrowed her eyes, "You are forbidden to speak."

"I think Ethan made a fair point," Ciara decided to throw in her oppinion in an effort to stop them arguing again, "We should just tell them. They're in another world, it's no big deal. Just because we know some things doesn't mean we know everything about them."

"See?!" Ethan said, pointing at her, "The clever one agrees with me!"

"While I'll admit this is a very rare occurrance and one that should be properly documented I still don't think it's a good idea." Bronda replied, "They might freak out more than they have already."

"How? How can this get worse?" Ethan asked her, "It'll be fine. I'll do it." He set off towards the group,

"No you won't!" Ciara took his arm, "Let someone with tact do it." She patted him gentley. Ethan grinned at her.

Over at the group of guests Freja was trying to keep the peace. "Look, we're not trying to hurt you we just want you all in one place until we figure this out! Stop worrying, it'll be fine!"

"Wasn't there one more of them...?" Corrine asked suddenly, Frey and Freja looked at her,

"What?"

"There was another one... er... Hector...?" She was pretty sure that was the name.

Freja conducted a quick head-count, "You're right, there's one missing... Bugger."

"I'm not telling Bronda." Frey said quickly before they could nominate him.

The guests were a little more agitated now, well probably more a little annoyed. The invisible guy had done a runner and left them there. How rude!

"Maybe he's still in here?" Raya guessed,

"I could ice the floor and see if he falls over?" Bobby suggested,

"Or maybe we could ask a telepath to see?" Jason looked hopefully at Monet and Rachel.

"What do you mean you lost one?!" Bronda's voice cut through the conversation.

"How the hell were we supposed to know he could turn invisible?!" Corrine shouted back, "No one told us!"

"Stop shouting..." Jack said wearily, "It's hurting my head. Now, let's try and think where he could be... This would be a lot easier if that door wasn't open."

Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

A Marvelous Occasion

Post by Esynthia » Sun May 03, 2009 3:21 pm

door?
ImageImage

Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

A Marvelous Occasion

Post by Svartfreja » Sun May 03, 2009 5:53 pm

Esynthia wrote:door?
Yus Esy. Door.

That would be the one Freja and Frey came in by. They never closed it :shifty *tuts*

Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

A Marvelous Occasion

Post by Esynthia » Sun May 03, 2009 5:57 pm

Ohhhh. k. yeah... shoudn't try and read after just waking up -_-
ImageImage

tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

A Marvelous Occasion

Post by tears~fall~like~glass » Sun May 03, 2009 6:53 pm

hee! ...and door... :shifty

stjohn
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: The Boggy Man

A Marvelous Occasion

Post by stjohn » Sun May 03, 2009 11:04 pm

lol, he's a sly one that guy.... Probably making off with your silverware atm...
Stjohn: did i walk in on yall doing :shifty?
* Bobby covers Lorna's goodies and whistles innocently.
Lorna: You see nothing!
Stjohn: pay no attention to the couple under the covers?
Lorna: There is no couple, no covers, and, on a different note, no spoon.
Stjohn: I don't believe you. I'm holding a spoon right now.
Lorna: Well damn

Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Part Five

Post by Svartfreja » Tue May 05, 2009 4:14 am

"Maybe we should help them find Hector?" Rachel suggested, as the two groups of people chatted amongst themselves.

"Yeah, it's not like we can leave without him..." Ben put in, a few of the others turned to look at him, "What? I wasn't suggesting we should... but we could..." Anna giggled,

"Okay..." said Lorna, "Let's talk to them about it. It's no good discussing this if they're not going to let us do anything."

"Right." Bobby straightened his top and walked to the front of the group, "Er... 'scuse me?"

Bronda rolled her eyes and turned to look at him, "Yes?"

"We thought we should offer to help you to find Hector." He glanced over his shoulder at the others and shrugged,

Bronda raised an eyebrow, "Do you actually intend to help or are you just going to cause more trouble?"

"Hmm..." said Bobby, tapping his chin, "It would be fun to cause trouble..." Rogue elbowed him in the back, "Ow... okay, yeah we wanna help... that okay?"

Bronda considered this, "Hmm... it would be better to have more pairs of eyes and ears..." She realised that eyes probably wouldn't be much help in this case but still, it was the prinicple of the fact. Plus it might mean she'd get to dump them on someone else. Always a plus.

"Okay so that's a yes!" Jack chimed in, he grinned at Bronda, "Fantastic... can I go to bed now?"

"No." Bronda told him, he looked disappointed, "But..." she continued, feeling bad, "You can after we find the invisible guy."

That was good enough for Jack, "Right, okay..." He looked around at the other Luodanans, "We'll have to split them up somehow... so who wants who?"

It ended up thus: Jack was assigned Wade, Anna and Adriana; Bronda got Raya, Amara and Alex; Monet and Miranda went with Freja while Frey took Rachel and Ben. Ciara volunteered herself for Kyle and Rogue; Corrine was pleased she got Mayhem (because of the tail) and Jason which meant that Bobby and Lorna were left for Ethan.

"So... we all happy?" Jack looked around, "No? Good." He grinned, "Lets all go out for Mexican..." he headed for the door.

Having sneaked his way out of the hall successfully, Hector was both lost and very interested in everything he saw. Mostly because it all looked expensive and all the womenfolk looked hot. He'd headed down the hallways, managing not to bump into anyone and alert them to his presence and was poking his nose into every room he passed that had an open door.

He finally found a room that held promise. It was full of weapons. Sharp, shiny and very expensive looking weapons. And, what was better, there were things he could carry them in. He stepped in to look around. Picking up a dagger and examining it, seemed well made too...

"Ahem."

Hector froze and shifted his invisibility field to cover the dagger too.

"It's no good, I can see you."

Hector turned to look at the woman, "You can?"

"I can." she was dressed from head to toe in black and looked extremely intimidating despite the fact she was about 5'4" which put her at almost a foot shorter than Hector. "I see a lot of things I'm not supposed to." the woman continued, "For example." She pointed behind him.

Hector turned and blinked in surprise at the door that seemed to have appeared out of nowhere. It wasn't attatched to a wall either. "How...?" He looked at the woman again.

"My name is Mortianna. I'm Death. And I know who you are, Hector Rendoza. I also know that you're not supposed to be here." She walked over to the door and opened it, "But neither is this one, perhaps you know each other."

Out of the door that didn't go anywhere, Mortianna produced a slightly dishevelled looking Neena.

"Found her wandering around... er... around..." Mortianna told Hector, "You two know eachother?"

"Two?" Neena echoed, "There's one of me... Have you been drinking?"

"I don't drink when I'm at work!!" Mortianna put her hands on her hips, "Mr Invisible, please uninvisible yourself and put that dagger back where you found it. The Elves are very picky about who gets their stuff."

"Elves?" Neena asked her, "What is this place? I really have walked into the twilight zone or something..."

"Twilight zone?" Mortianna repeated, "It's mid afternoon..."

Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

A Marvelous Occasion

Post by Esynthia » Tue May 05, 2009 4:58 am

*snort* she's so calm and collected and then Neena suggests she's drunk and she snaps then goes back to calm. nice.
ImageImage

Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Part Six

Post by Svartfreja » Fri May 08, 2009 11:03 am

Blue eyes narrowed in defiance, Mortianna stood her ground. "I saw them first. They're mine. Get your own."

"But-" Ethan started,

Mortianna held up her finger, "Ah!"

Ethan sighed. This wasn't going well at all.

"You clearly can't be trusted. Where's Bronda?"

Ethan frowned, "I can be trusted!! It's this lot that are trouble!" He pointed at Neena and Hector who was now visible once more. "Someone should have told me that I was likely to get frozen solid." He folded his arm then looked more closely at Neena, "Is she black and white?"

Mortianna rolled her eyes, "Yes she is... like a panda... or a dalmation... but that's beside the point. You didn't answer my question and you can refrain from comment. It's true, get over it." She told Neena over her shoulder.

"That's so cool...." Ethan reached out to poke Neena as if to check she was real, Mortianna slapped his wrist. "Ow! I don't like you - you're mean!"

"Oh stop whining! You're a King, grow some balls!"

Ethan smacked his forehead with his palm. They hadn't gotten around to telling the aliens they were royalty yet. Neena and Hector raised their eyebrows at eachother.

"What? what did I say?" Mortianna looked between Ethan and her pet humans, then she decided it didn't matter. "Where's Bronda?" She summoned her scythe and jabbed Ethan in the shoulder with the end of the wooden shaft.

"Ow!" Ethan rubbed his shoulder, "What's with the violence?! You can cheat! I have to find her the conventional way! And I'm not going to use telepathy to ask her where she is because she'll want to know where I am and if she finds out I lost the the snowman and the magnet lady I'm screwed."

Mortianna rolled her eyes, "You're such a coward. Kaelin's in great hands..." she shook her head, then dismissed her scythe and it was replaced by a scroll of parchment. "Let's see..." she unrolled it and scanned the list. "Ah ha... Library." She rolled the paper up again and it disappeared then she called forth a door. "Come along kiddies!" She opened the door, "This might be a little uncomfortable but it beats walking all the way there."

Mortianna's arrival in the library went entirely unnoticed by Bronda, her charges and the very irate librarian (an Elf called Gwydion who was married to Freja) since there was a rather persistant fire burning in the corner.

"For Odin's sake woman!!" Gwydion yelled, "What the hell made you think bringing someone who could turn into fire here was a good idea?!"

"I don't know! I wasn't thinking of that!" Bronda snapped trying to direct the flames back on themselves so as to not make the situation any worse.

"Oh you weren't?" Gwydion was really losing his temper now, which was a rare thing for an Elf but even rarer for Gwydion but he really liked his books and took his job very seriously (being married to a book obsessed Princess could do that to you). "Who's going to replace all those?! Seriously, you have to destroy the history section of all places?! Some of those were original texts! First-hand accounts!"

"I'm sorry! It was an accident!!" Amara yelled at him, "I ate a lot thinking we were going to have a training session it's not my fault my mutation requires I burn off the extra energy!"

"Wow..." Mortianna surveyed the scene, "Need a hand?"

"Who...?" Bronda turned, "Anna! Thank the gods! Fix!" she pointed at the fire.

Mortianna laughed, borrowed the Earth related magic from Gwydion and fixed the fire - i.e. she put it out. "Suppose you want me to clean up the mess?" she pulled out the piece of parchment again, "Oh good, Ciara's nearby." She borrowed the water magic from Ciara and reversed all the damage done to the texts. "All done."

"Thank you!" Gwydion hugged her.

She patted him on the head, "You're welcome... but, while I don't need to breathe, it's quite nice to be able to do it..." Gwydion let her go, "There's a good lad." She grinned at Bronda, "Looks like I showed up for one hell of a party!"

Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Part Seven

Post by Svartfreja » Mon May 11, 2009 12:22 am

"I'm starting to think that ditching the guy was a bad idea you know...." Bobby muttered to Lorna as they wandered down the largely unoccupied corridors of Alfheim. "At least he knew where we were going..." He poked his head into one of the rooms, "There sure are a lot of offices in this place...."

"Maybe it's not such a bad thing..." Lorna pulled on his arm, "This way we get to explore at our own pace and maybe we'll find something fun!" She winked at him.

Bobby grinned then flicked her ponytail, "I hadn't thought of that... busy thinking about how very lost we are..." He ducked the swipe.

"Lost is also not necessarily a bad thing, some fantastic discoveries may lie in wait around the next bend...." She crept slowly towards the end of the hall and peeked round the corner, "Oooh, I think I may have been right!" she whispered, "We have a whole person!"

Bobby shrugged and wandered up behind her, peeking round too.

"Aurelia! This isn't funny!" the blond haired man yelled,

"Oh yes it is!" said a woman they couldn't see - they figured she was behind the door that the man was yelling at.

"No it's not! And if you do it again I'm going to Njord!"

The woman behind the door laughed, "Aww, come on! It's good practise! You piss a lot of people off, one of these days they're going to get wise to you and hire out a Storm Mage!" The door opened and a bolt of lightening shot out at the man.

He was too surprised to avoid it and exploded. Moments later he pulled himself together, "Goddamnit!! You could warn a guy!"

"Think they're going to warn you?!"

"It hurts!"

"Baby."

"Right." The man rolled up his sleeves, turned into liquid and disappeared under the door. There followed a shriek and then a lot of laughter.

Lorna turned to Bobby, they both had their eyebrows raised to impossibly high levels. "Think she's alright?" Lorna asked, smirking slightly,

Bobby shrugged, "Who knows? But personally I'd be more worried about him. Exploding's a bit uncomfortable I'm sure."

They heard the door open again and ducked back behind the corner to spy some more. They watched the man put his arm around the woman's shoulders. She was also blonde but her hair was a darker shade. She wore white and he wore blue.

"I should spend more time with you," the man said, "I don't feel cold when you're about. It's odd... in a good way."

She smiled at him, "Yeah it's the whole Air control thing... I never did bother to figure it out." She stopped walking, "Another advantage of controlling the Air is that you know when people that are breathing are nearby and spying."

"Oooh... busted..." Bobby muttered, he waved his arm around the corner.

"Oh look, Aurelia... a disembodied arm." the man in blue observed, "does it have a person attatched?" Bobby and Lorna poked their heads round the corner, "Oooh look it has two heads!" The man waved, "And is that hair green?"

Aurelia nodded, "I believe so, yes... Hello." she smiled, "My name's Aurelia, this is Aquius." she gestured at the man in blue, "Are you two lost?"

Bobby and Lorna exchanged glances, "Er..."

"So that's a yes then," Aurelia said with a smirk, "I presume you were being escorted by someone? Why don't we help you find them?"

Freja strolled down the corridor followed by Monet and Miranda she glanced over her shoulder at them, "It seems Hector's been found along with a woman called Neena," she told them, "Which means we're free to do whatever. Would you like the tour?"

"There's a tour?" Monet raised an eyebrow,

"Oh yes, we have visitors often." Freja decided to stop so she could look at them while she spoke to them - that was much more polite. "Mostly it's people on political visits and it's much easier if they get shown around then they don't get lost and embarrassed and we can hold our meetings on time and without awkwardness."

"Political visits?" Miranda repeated, "Like government stuff? Do you work for the goverment?"

Freja smiled, "You could say that." she figured she might as well tell them, "I'm a member of the royal family here. My brothers are on the thrones technically but mum, dad and I help them out. There's a lot more paperwork than most people think."

"You're a princess?!" Miranda stared at her, "Like... wow..."

Freja laughed, "It's no big deal, really. Actually I prefer it if people don't make a huge fuss about it. I'm just a regular person." She frowned up and down the corridors, it was insanely quiet in Alfheim today. "So would you two like the tour or not?"

Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Part Eight

Post by Svartfreja » Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:15 am

"So what is it you do then?" Corrine ask Jason and Mayhem as she took them towards the main entrance to the mountain, "I presume you do something else other than look.... interesting?" added to May,

"Er... yeah..." Mayhem replied, "Reflexs, balance, blah blah, like a cat y' know?" Corrine nodded, a slight smirk on her lips,

"Not too dissimilar from my own race... And you?" she looked at Jason over her shoulder as she pushed the large oak door open,

"I can create illusions.... very real looking illusions. Touch and smell included."

"Oh really?" Corrine gestured for them to come outside, "That sounds like it could be a lot of fun."

"Oh it is." Jason assurred her, "You have no idea." Corrine smiled,

"Maybe you could show me later? In the mean time, it seems Hector's been found so we're free to do whatever.... within reason." She took a deep breath, closing her eyes mometarily to get a feel for her surroundings. "I wouldn't wander off, though, if I were you. You never know what you might run into." She opened her eyes again, "I'm not sure you can imagine what creatures exist in this world, and I wouldn't want you to fall foul of any of them."

"Is that a Dragon!?"

"Yes it's a Dragon.... No! Wait!!" It was too late. Anna had shot off across the room and was now bouncing up and down in front of the afore mentioned Dragon. The Dragon blinked at her then turned it's attention to Jack.

"Does this strangley coloured Human belong to you?" Jack nodded, "Why is it behaving this way?"

"She's never seen a Dragon before - very isolated village, so sorry." Jack hurried over to Anna and picked her up, removing her to a safe distance. "Please try and act like a normal person for five minutes, I know it's hard but you're making me look bad here." he whispered then turned back to the Dragon. "Is there anything I can help you with?"

"Not at this moment. I am expecting Helen's arrival shortly, I'm sure she will see to anything I need." What little colour remaining in Jack's face (given the lack of sleep) drained rapidly.

"Helen? Coming here?" Oooh shit..... "Hmm... I'm sure I don't remember seeing that on the calendar..."

"She requested my presence this morning." The Dragon told him, "I'm sure she will send for you if she needs you." Jack knew that was dragonspeak for 'clear off' so he took the hint.

"Come on you.... where's the other one?" Anna blinked innocently at Jack,

"I'm sure I don't know."

"You people will be the death of me...." He grabbed her arm and dragged her off down the hallway, Adriana followed, making some notes on the Dragon and a small sketch - an excellent candidate for a hat design if ever she saw one. Anna waved at the Dragon as she went,

"Byebye Dragon! Nice to meet you!"

Ciara was having a fairly easy time of it by comparison. Though Kyle was getting some very interested looks as he wandered past people down the corridor, he and Rogue were a well behaved pair. "Well it seems Hector's been found." Ciara told them as they paused outside an office, "This being the case we're at a bit of a loss what to do with you now. Freja is showing Miranda and Monet around the mountain as I understand it and she will be passing this way shortly so, if you wish, I can leave you with her or take you to one of the others. Sadly I can't stay with you - I have a meeting to get to."

"Hmm..." Rogue tapped her chin with a finger, "Suppose we could wait?" she looked at Kyle, he shrugged - more concerned with a scent he'd caught and was trying to pinpoint. "Okay... we'll wait for Freja then." Ciara nodded,

"Alright, she won't be long, I'll wait with you, just to keep an eye on you. Not because I don't trust you, you understand, but it's better if we can cover ourselves incase something happens."

"Incase something happens?" Rogue repeated, "What kind of something?" Ciara gave a small shrug of her shoulders,

"Oh nothing really... just if the mountain got attacked, for example, we'd need to know where you all are for your safety."

"Attacked? Does that happen often?"

"I wouldn't say often...." Ciara said with a frown, "There's not been anything organised in months so I think we're probably safe."

"Months?!" Rogue wasn't feeling all that safe now,

"Yes, it's fine I'm sure... oh here's Freja now. She'll take good care of you should anything odd happen." She smiled reassurringly.

"Hi Ciara...." Freja frowned at the look on Rogue's face, "What did you say to them?"

"Nothing... I thought I was being reassurring." She replied, a tone of helplessness in her voice, clearly she'd gone about it the wrong way. Maybe she was spending too much time with Corrine afterall. Freja gave her a knowing smile,

"Alright, well I'll handle it from here. Have fun in your meeting.... try and make sure dad doesn't fall asleep if he ends up going. You won't have to worry about mum now 'cause she has some Dragon Mage stuff to do so Lisa can relax a little." Ciara smiled,

"She'll be pleased to hear that. Things will go much more smoothly now I hope." She gave them a small wave then disappeared in a swirl of tiny blue lights.

"That is so cool..." Miranda muttered from behind Freja.

Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Part Nine

Post by Svartfreja » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:10 am

"Put that down it's not a toy!"

"Nu-uh! Not until you promise to stop poking me with it!"

"I'll do more than poke you if you don't give it back!" Mortianna glared at Ethan as he clung to the ceiling in the form of an oversized gecko with a prehensile tail. He dangled the scythe tantalisingly close to Mortianna but just out of reach of her hands.

"Ethan Edward Ryan, if you don't put that down this instant there is going to be a black stain on that ceiling where you used to be!" Ethan visibly shrank in fear. That was the sound of a very angry Bronda. And since she'd used his full name it meant she'd already gone way past the limit of her temper. Needless to say, he dropped the scythe.

"Thank you." Mortianna said, though her tone suggested she didn't mean it. "Count yourself lucky." She dismissed her scythe and stalked out of the room, slamming the door. Which said a lot about her temper since she usually used magic to get around. Mortianna was not a big fan of walking.

"What the hell do you think you're playing at?" Bronda demanded, hands on her hips, (The audience of Earthlings were rather enjoying the show). The over sized gecko shrugged. "You're an idiot. You do know there's a meeting going on today? The last thing we need is a delegation seeing a King swinging Anna's scythe around like a pillock."

"They wouldn't know it was me even if they saw me!"

"That's not the point!" Bronda snapped, the air around her flashing briefly with fire, "You know how important this is - plus there's this lot." she waved an arm vaguely at the Earthlings, "Who we need to keep under the radar right now. Especially under your mother's radar." Ethan gave her as apologetic a look as he could muster with his gecko shaped face and dropped to the floor. Bronda sighed, "Alright. Do you think you can manage to behave yourself now?" Ethan nodded (now back in his human form), "Good." She turned to the Earthlings, "And you lot? Do you think you can behave yourselves?" Though she addressed the whole group, her attention was focused on Hector. They all nodded, deciding it would be better to agree with the very angry lady that could control fire. "Good. Now." She paused to take a breath in an attempt to calm down. "We're all going to find somewhere out of the way to sit until the meetings are over... think we'll use a hall... in Kaelin. Nice and far away." So saying, she teleported them back to where they had started - a small(ish) hall in Kaelin's castle.

It ended up so that they all finished the morning in the hall in Kaelin under the supervision of Bronda, Aquius, Aurelia, Corrine and Freja. Ethan and Frey had King-y things to do and Jack had finally gone to bed. Mortianna was off making a nuisance of herself elsewhere (in other words she'd had a few names on her list and had therefore had to go to work).

Rather than sit around and do nothing, which would be incredibly boring in anyone's books but particularly Corrine's, they'd decided to demonstrate to the Earthlings the kinds of things that people on their planet were able to do. They explained about Magic, how everyone was able to use magic in it's most basic form (telepathy and profession based magic) but that each race had their own unique qualities. The Elves, for example, were essentially warriors but because of their deep connection to nature (in the case of the woodelves at least) they had long lives and the ability to heal others.

For the sake of the Earthlings (so they'd have something to watch) Freja and Corrine decided to spar with eachother. And they didn't hold back. Both were armed with real weapons (each carried two long knives that were very sharp and specially crafted for each of them) and they both summoned familiars (another ability available to all adept at using magic). Freja's familiar was a Wolf and Corrine's a Boar - both had an oddly green hue to their fur.

It was an interesting fight to watch since Freja favoured magic and used it a lot to throw Corrine off balance or to change direction quickly, sometimes sinking through the floor and popping up again behind Corrine. In contrast to her cousin, Corrine barely used magic at all. Prefering to rely on her senses.

The duel finally ended when Aquius got bored and sent a pulse through the room designed to knock out anything magical. It destroyed the familiars and knocked both Corrine and Freja off their feet. Neither were impressed and, to stop them attacking him, Aurelia decided it would be fun to blow Aquius up with another quick zap of lightening.

Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Part Ten

Post by Svartfreja » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:22 am

"So what makes these guys so special?" Anna asked in her special blunt way, she blinked expectantly at the Spirits, "What's a 'Spirit'? ... Aside from something alcoholic...." She grinned.

"I like how this one thinks." Said Aquius, "Can we keep her?" Bronda rolled her eyes,

"She's an Earthling Aquius, not a pet."

"Spoilsport..." Aquius muttered, folding his arms, Bronda arched an eyebrow at him,

"I'm so sorry, I didn't quite hear you there?" she said in an overly polite tone of voice, "I think you just insinuated that I'm boring."

"Uh oh...." Aureila said quietly and started to shepherd the Earthlings over to a corner. "You were asking what makes us special?" She sighed, "I think you may be about to witness it. In short, we're as powerful as you can get without being a god or a guide. We're supposed to keep the elements in order - to stop them fighting with each other... but sometimes we disagree." At that point a loud hiss came from the area between Aquius and Bronda as Fire and Water met in the air. A barely noticable change happened in the air around the Earthlings as Aurelia erected a shield, just in case. The shield Corrine and Freja provided was more obvious since it was green.

"Shouldn't we try to stop them?" Corrine asked of Aurelia, the Air Spirit shrugged helplessly,

"I don't know if it's such a good idea..."

"Yes... but the last time..." Corrine didn't need to finish the sentence - they all knew what happened,

"Last time was different, this time it's not a serious fight." Freja put in,

"Bronda's in a really bad mood though...."

"Good point. We should intervene." Freja looked at Aurelia. "We're not getting in the middle of that - we're not fireproof." Aurelia rolled her eyes,

"Fine." She rolled up her sleeves and headed over to the two fighting Spirits. Neither side seemed to be gaining any ground, which just went to show Bronda didn't mean it at least - if she really meant it she'd have used her other magic by now. "May I remind you both that we have guests. This is not the sort of example you should be setting." She said calmly, "Don't make me go and get someone. You know I will. You should know better."

"Yes, we should. But clearly we don't." Aquius replied, "Now kindly step aside. She needs to get this out of her system anyway before she takes it out on someone else who doesn't deserve it." Aurelia sighed the sigh of someone who has too much on their mind to deal with petty squabbles.

"Fine, have it your way." She teleported them into Valhalla. Odin could deal with it now. Not her problem. She dusted of her hands and tugged her sleeves back down. "Now, where were we?"

Spirits have no 'real' bodies. No blood. No skin. No bones.

Which is just as well, considering.

Aquius and Bronda found themselves in the middle of Valhalla in the middle of the day. The time of day when the heroic dead practise their fighting techniques in preparation for Ragnarok (the fact that Ragnarok had come and gone without a hitch was neither here nor there - tradition was tradition). Being that they were practising, they naturally assumed that the two Spirits were part of that day's challenge (Odin was always throwing random things at them to see how they coped, he was a bugger like that). And so, like the soldiers they were, they went at the problem head on.

Battle cries sounded.
Shields were raised.
Swords were drawn.
Five hundred highly trained dead heroes ran at two extremely surprised spirits.

There was an ear splitting silence.

Five hundred highly trained dead heroes fell into a charred and sodden heap.

Aquius blinked at the twitching mass. "I'm going to kill Aurelia."

Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Part Eleven

Post by Svartfreja » Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:14 am

“I’m bored.” Corrine stated openly, “Can we please do something that isn’t sitting around in this place?”

“What would you suggest?” Aurelia questioned, “We all agreed they should remain where we can see them.”

“But they’re bored too…” Corrine replied, looking over at the Earthlings. They were certainly displaying signs of boredom. Kyle was looking decidedly antsy and was slowly edging over to one of the windows to peer out of it and see how high up they were. Aurelia frowned,

“Yes… I see…” she sighed, “Well… perhaps we can come up with something.”

Aurelia was saved the bother of actually making a suggestion by a low rumble that shook the building.

“Oooh… what was that?” Freja asked no one in particular, Corrine shrugged. “Think we should check it out?” Corrine nodded then turned to address their ‘guests’.

“Stay. Here.” Her tone of voice and the expression on her face didn’t leave room for argument. She and Freja left the room.

“What’s going on? What was that?” Lorna asked.

“No idea, yet.” Aurelia replied, “Give me a moment.” A swirl of tiny golden lights spread out from Aurelia and shot off in all directions. The sky overhead darkened and the wind picked up. Aurelia closed her eyes and concentrated. There was an unusually large amount of people outside, she could tell that much. Thunder rumbled overhead, the air becoming charged with electricity. “Oh no…” Aurelia opened her eyes, “They’ve found out.”

“Found out? Who found out?” Miranda asked,

“Found what out?” Hector added.

“The Humans of Earth. They’ve found our world.” Aurelia looked over to them. “The last time that happened… they nearly wiped us out.”

“Run!” The villagers didn’t need telling twice. There were Earthlings everywhere. “Where did they come from?!” Ciara threw up a shield, managing to deflect some of the attacks but not all of them.

“No idea!” Frey yelled back, diving out of the way of an explosion and shape-shifting into a stag as he did so, “Get on!” Ciara climbed onto his back and looked around them.

“Where did Ethan go?”

“I don’t know.” Frey was worried about Ethan but he was also worried about Ciara and since he knew where she was, she was the priority.

“Woah, look out!” Ciara pulled some water out of a nearby well and froze it into a shield that was blown to bits only moments later. “We need to find mum!”

“One thing at a time! We need to lose this lot first.”

“There’s too much interference – I can’t teleport.” Ciara summoned her familiar (a mermaid) and it fired continuous pulses of magic at the human forces to distract them. “Okay they’re distracted, hold on.” Ciara made them both invisible and they managed to get away. Frey ran as fast as he could until they were able to teleport and find help.

They rematerialised in the hall with the Earthlings and Aurelia, skidding to a halt. Ciara made them visible again and dismounted so Frey could return to his normal shape. “I presume you know we have a problem?” Ciara asked of Aurelia. The Spirit nodded. “Can you find out how bad it is, please? And find Bronda – we need her.” Aurelia disappeared. “You lot.” Ciara addressed the Earthlings now, “We need to get you somewhere safe…er.” She thought for a moment.

“How about Draconia?” Frey suggested, “It’s miles away from the portal and the entrance is sealed by Dragon Magic. Plus that mountain’s pretty damned high – they might give up.”

“Good idea.” Ciara smiled at him. Then shrieked as the wall beside them blew up. Rachel and Amara acted fastest. Rachel stopping the debris with her teke and Amara melted it then reformed the wall. Ciara blinked at them in surprise, “Er… thank you?”

“You’re welcome.” Amara told her. Rachel just shrugged.

“Is she naked?” Frey got a slap for that.