Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

2/21 Game: Strangers in the Alley: Bloody Monday

Post by Slarti »

Timelined Dec. 13, concurrent to 'Massacre'

Lorna: Fiddling with her Christmas light hat (craftily homemade, thank you very much!) Lorna sniffed the punch before she took a drink. It didn't hurt to make sure of what you were drinking after all and it didn't smell of anything this early in the party.

Remy: Remy glanced up from the shortbread and gave Lorna a wide smile. "Nice look for y', chere. Wit' d' green y're already a step ahead wit' lookin' festive."

Raya: Raya's 'festive' attire consisted of a bright red tunic shirt, and white pants; from what she'd gathered of Christmas on the whole those seemed to be the two major colors. "So what are you doing for the holidays, Lorna?" Even if she didn't celebrate, a break was good.

Bobby: Bobby joined Lorna at the punch bowl and dangled a bit of mistletoe over her head, kissing her cheek. "Hey there, Christmas elf!"

Lorna: "Hey there, Frosty!" Lorna leaned up to kiss his cheek. "So, just how much of that stuff do you have? It could come in useful."

Amara: Amara wandered in in her customary mrs santa outfit but she'd brought her uniform with her in case of any powers mishaps. ever since her trip home they'd been harder to control. She carried with her a box of Ammeretto biscuits that she'd baked herself. "Merry Christmas everyone!" she called happily, "It's so good to be home!"

Remy: He snuck in a quick peck to Bobby's cheek while he was still dangling it overhead. "Y' think of everythin', mon ami."

Selene: Selene sat cross legged on the couch and stared at Lorna, her jealousy at the sparkling, shiny hat barely contained. She hadn't known that this was supposed to be a costume party.

Teagan: Moon strolled in wearing a green dress, a dark green similar to the shade of a holly branch, red shoes, and a head band in the form of reindeer antlers. She wore a necklace with a little bell on it that jingled as she walked.

Bobby: "I have my stash, right here." He patted his pocket and jumped at the kiss from Remy. "Oi! Dude!" He laughed though. "Sexual harassment!"

Raya: Raya noticed Moon's outfit and smiled, barely restraining a laugh. "You've got antlers... why am I not surprised?"

Lorna: "Well, I think if people are going to consider it an open invitation maybe we should pocket that one too for later use." She smirked, elbowing Bobby lightly.

rachel: Rachel sat in a chair, glad that Selene was around so she wasn't the only one that wasn't all dressed up. She eyed the snacks for a few moments, not very motivated to get up.

Remy: "Oh, I've not even started." He gave him a jokingly overdone dirty look. "It ain't harassment till I start pinchin'."

Amara: Amara carried her box of biscuits over to the table and set them down, getting herself some punch. She waved at Selene.

Teagan: "I don't know." She said with a shrug. "Maybe I needed to put this on to surprise you." She opened her hand and showed her the red foam ball. With a smile she put it on her nose and winked at Raya.

Selene: Selene eyes darted back and forth between all the dressed up people. "How come I'm suddenly not the person with the weirdest style of dress any more?" She asked.

Jubilee: Jubilee sat in one of the armchairs dressed in purple-red-blue-striped sweater and jeans.

Bobby: Bobby made a face and covered his ass, pocketing the mistletoe.

Teagan: She waved to Jubilee, who she had to admit she always thought was cute, but that sweater just made her that much more... well cute.

Raya: Raya laughed at the ball, ducking her head to conceal the light blush. Being seen naked by anyone wasn't her usual modus operandi, honestly. "No, you...ah. You do quite alright without that."

Lorna: Lorna pinched a patch that was badly guarded. "Yar!"

Teagan: She walked over to Bobby and stuck her cold-dead hand up the back of his shirt. "Merry Christmas" She hissed as she walked to Rachel who was eying the treats.

Remy: He laughed and winked at Lorna, holding his hand up for a high five. "Teamwork."

Amara: Having got a drink, Amara took off to find a seat, plonking herself down near Selene.

Lorna: "We has it." Lorna laughed and slapped her hand to Remy's, eyes following Moon. "That was...a greeting."

Bobby: He jumped at the pinch, then jumped higher and yelped a little at the sudden zombie hand action. "Whoa, nellie!" Bobby weaved sideways, ending up behind Lorna. "Merry Christmas to you too, Teagan."

Selene: "This Christmas is an odd holiday. Usually I only get to celebrate it by peeking into other peoples windows." Selene said, then put on a slight grin. "Though, it's also nice because everyone leaves unguarded present lying around."

Amara: Amara turned her head, an eyebrow quirked at Selene, "Not still a klepto maniac are you?"

rachel: "Hey," Rachel glanced at Moon and smirked, "That's kinda a scary costume. Worse than my Jason mask, even."

Jubilee: Jubilee smiled back at Teagan. "Merry Christmas!"

Raya: "It is. Do you want a present, without having to snitch one, Selene?" Raya had found little earrings in the shape of Christmas ball ornaments, that she had put in the new holes.

Teagan: She came up behind Rachel and dropped a small box in her lap. "This is for being cool and letting me work my powers on your friend." Inside the box was the picture Rachel had given her of her friend, shrinked and fit into a locket. On the other side of the locket was a picture of Josh. "Merry Christmas."

Selene: "I'm merely an opportunist." Selene replied, showing Amara a wry grin. "I simply take what I can get away with."

Remy: He snickered at Bobby. "Y're like d' top dish here. Everyone can't wait t' get a piece of you."

Lorna: "I swear, put a ring on it and suddenly everyone's coming up to the ice cream bar."

Selene: She glanced up at Raya. "I'm getting presents?" She wondered. "You mean, like actual things given to me?"

Selene: "Voluntarily?"

Amara: Amara giggled, "Some things never change." She sipped her drink, "But if you want a present you don't have to steal, come to my room later - I got something for you while I was back in Venice."

Lorna: Lorna smirked back at Bobby and patted his head. "Don't worry though, I'll shield you."

Teagan: Wait'll you see my Christmas present, Selene... She thought with a smirk on her face.

Bobby: Bobby snorted. It was weird. "Thank you, babe. Knew I could count on you." He put his arms around her waist and parked his chin on her shoulder.

Remy: He gave Lorna another grin. "Damn, ruinin' everyone's chance for a bit of vanilla, hey?"

Adriana: Adriana entered the room a bit later than everyone else, after all she had been working on her special Christmas hat for quite a while and until the last second. But now she entered all the prouder with blinking Christmas light wrapped around a giant green flattop on her head and a smile bright enough to rival the Christmas star.

Teagan: She got a cup of punch and gave it to Jubilee and then another and gave it to Rachel. "Watch out it's usually spiked."

Selene: "I won't let you wait." Selene told Amara with a small smile on her lips. "Consider me quite excited already."

Raya: "Oh, Teagan, I found something for you." Raya dug a tiny box out of her pocket with a sly grin, before turning to Selene. "Well...yes? Isn't that what people do at Christmas?”

rachel: She blinked at the present and started to carefully open it, taking the drink. "Uh, no problem. Merry Christmas to you, too..."

Amara: Amara smiled back at Selene then nearly dropped her drink at the arrival of a girl she'd not seen before, "Woah, that's some hat..."

Selene: "Well, yes, I guess it is." Selene said, looking back at Raya. "Most of my knowledge on Christmas is purely theoretical. At least, if you only count Christmases that others would label as normal. Besides, I didn't expect to be given gifts."

Lorna: "What can I say, I'm not good at sharing ice cream." She shrugged, finishing off her punch as she leaned back against Bobby.

Jubilee: "Umm.. Thank's.." Jubilee said taking the drink.

Amara: "You don't have to expect it. You get them anyway 'cause we love you." Amara told Selene then looked disappointed at her already empty glass. She sighed and got up again.

Adriana: "Heyaaaaa people!" She rose her arm to greet everyone in the room, nearly kicking off her hat in the process. An eager balancing act managed to let it remain where it belonged though. A good thing that was, she couldn't hurt her special freight after all, could she?

Raya: "But that's the fun, you aren't supposed to expect them." Raya smiled at the other girl lightly. "Are you staying at the school, over the break?"

Teagan: Moon opened it, a small piercing that appeared to be easily hooked up to a clamp. Easy for electrocution. "Wow..." This was without a doubt the most thoughtful thing she had received yet. "Thanks Raya!" She gave her a kiss on the cheek.

Remy: His eyes shifted to Bobby. "How about y' an' lime jello?"

Amara: Amara waved hesitantly back at the odd girl with the huge hat, "Hi..." she said then hurried over to the table for more punch and some biscuits.

Lorna: "Jello? Are you saying I'm jiggly?"

Remy: His eyes shifted down to chest height. "Well..."

Teagan: "Here." She took the bell off from around her neck and put it around Raya's. "This is fun little thing, it's silver. It's yours, Merry Christmas. or happy... whatever." She shrugged unsure of the celebration of this time of year in Muslim tradition.

Selene: Selene sat in her chair and gave a small wave of her hand at everyone who arrived. She then proceeded to look across the room. This Christmas holiday celebration was kind of bewilderingly strange and intriguing. "Hm? Do you mean me?" She looked back at Raya. "Yes, I'll stay here. Well, I'll be gone for a while. We're taking a road trip to Arizona."

Bobby: "Hey!" Bobby snapped and pointed to Lorna's face. "Her eyes are up here, LeBeau."

Raya: Raya giggled at the kiss on the cheek, smiling. "It's for your...um." She blushed a little at the vague gesture towards Teagan's chest. "Piercing." She touched the bell lightly, shaking her head so it rang.

Monet: Monet walked in the room and paused in the doorway, surveying it all. She didn't want to be here, per say, but she was bored elsewhere. She headed straight for the punchbowl that she spotted, ignoring everyone she passed.

Jubilee: "Here's something for you Selene." Jubilee said offering her a small, soft parcel.

Remy: Grin back in place he smirked at Bobby. "An' y're point is?"

Raya: "Thank you, and merry Christmas." She stood so she could be tall enough to give Moon a return kiss, only she missed a little and hit her lips instead of her cheek.

Lorna: "I think his point is that he doesn't want any jello wrestling in that sense."

Teagan: "Thank you..." She said softly. "I really mean it, I appreciate it very much. It's trendy and useful." She watched girl blush at the kiss on the lips. "I think you need some mistle-" she saw her walk in, her smile turned to a frown.

Selene: "Oh." Selene blinked at Jubilee as she took the parcel. "Thank you." She carefully unwrapped it to reveal a soft scarf. "This is very nice. I like it." She put on a small smile. "Thank you, again. However, I didn't prepare any gifts in return. Would you mind if I give you something later?"

Remy: He let a big sigh. "Hoggin' d' desserts. Jus' not fair y' two." His theatrics done he assumed a more normal expression and nibbled on the cookie. "So whatcha two plannin' for Christmas? Leavin' at all?"

Raya: "Do I need mistletoe?" She smiled at Monet in passing, touching the bell around her neck again. "Hello, Monet, it's nice to see you at the party."

Bobby: "My Jello, dude." He tightened his arms with a grin. "Eh. Enjoying not having classes?"

Teagan: Sneering as Monet walked in, she turned her eyes to the other end of the room. Remy. "Excuse me Raya, I need to give Remy his present." She winked at her and walked over to Remy poking him in the arm. "You." She said sternly.

Adriana: After getting a bit of punch she started to prowl the room for things to keep her occupied. In the end she found herself next to Selene to check what her buddy was getting. "Aww, a cute scarf!"

Monet: Monet glanced over at Raya with only her eyes then went back to surveying the room.

Selene: "It's very nice indeed." Selene said, nodding at Adriana. "The colours are fitting nicely to my usual wardrobe. Very considerate of you, Jubilee."

Raya: Raya smiled back, ever the optimist with people.

Remy: "Me?" He inquired, his attention shifting from Bobby for a moment. "Please don' tell me I've acquired y're wrath again an' have t' spend Christmas shavin' my balls."

Lorna: "Yeah, basking in freedom. Didn't make any plans to leave this time." Lorna shrugged.

rachel: Rachel took a sip of the punch and set the cup aside, pulling out the necklace out of the small box and looking it over. She reached back and managed to get the necklace on.

Teagan: "I want to give you a Christmas present." She said. "Its a present because I don't so this often." She crossed her arms and smiled. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry I got upset at the table, you didn't deserve it. You're a father, I can't expect to know how to raise kids when I haven't had the pleasure of doing so yet. I apologize, Merry Christmas."

Amara: Amara piled a plate with sweet things and carried it back to her seat, passing crazy hat girl on the way she swore she heard buzzing. She shrugged and sat down again.

Adriana: "Try it on, try it on right now!"

Jubilee: "Thanks Selene."

Remy: "It's not a problem, y' didn't have t' get me anythin'.”

Teagan: "I would too." She said, giving Adriana and her large hat a glance. "Though, I'd also take a life time supply of her. She's cute."

Selene: "Very well." Selene said and wrapped the scarf around her neck. "There. It fits nicely." She paused. "What I'd need now is an odd Christmas costume that goes well with it. Like the others do. Just more inappropriate to the occasion, of course. And a strange hat!" She nodded eagerly.

Raya: Raya watched the crowd from the punch bowl, surprisingly relaxed at the many people around. "You don't need a strange hat, Selene. You stand out here by not having one, today."

Adriana: "Yeah, you totally need a hat!" The prospect of hatting her friend made her jumpy like a little puppy.

Lorna: There was someone more hat-excited than her. Lorna looked over to Bobby in disbelief.

Amara: Amara watched the hat on the strange girl's head as she nibbled on the sweets on her plate.

Bobby: Bobby just chuckled, shrugging.

Remy: "So uh, it ain't a body part is it?" He gave her a half serious grin.

Selene: "This is actually true." Selene said to Raya and nodded. "Still, I'm thinking... twigs. A twig hat. Or a mistletoe one." Her gaze drifted across the room and the decorations. "Kind of like a Christmas decoration. Just as the tree did get." She nodded slowly, thoughtfully glancing into the distance. "Yes, I could volunteer to be decorated."

Teagan: "Nope... just the apology. Sorry." She hugged him. "Unless you want a body part, in which case, you're sick and get away from me."

Teagan: She smiled brightly at him. "Just kidding!" she skipped off to Rachel again, snickering.

Amara: Amara turned to Selene, "I would love to decorate you for Christmas." she told the girl.

Raya: Raya chuckled. "All I've got is a bell, from Teagan. And earrings I found online, since you pierced me."

Remy: He laughed. "Pas d' problem. Everyone has misunderstandin's now an' den."

Adriana: "But if you wear a mistletoe hat everyone will give you kisses." She thought about that for a second and then started to giggle, covering her mouth with a hand and poking Selene with her elbow. "Or do you want that?!"

Leech: Leech fell out of the portal and looked around, slightly panicked at what he had just came from. Ok... He was inside... Now, where was Polaris? He started running through the house then skidded to a halt and listened as he heard lots of people talking. He ran in that direction and stopped short in the doors, eyes large and terrified. Jono needed them now. Where was she?! "Help! Leech needs help!"

Amara: Amara liked the sound of a mistletoe hat very much. She started to scour the decorations for inspiration.

Remy: A little green kid barreled pell mell into the room, bumping into him. "Whoa dere. Where you come from?"

Teagan: Moon looked to the little green child. "...Everyone else can see him right?"

Lorna: "Leech?" Lorna looked down, obviously surprised. "What on earth are you doing here?" Kneeling down, Lorna took ahold of his shoulder.

rachel: Rachel took another sip of the punch and looked around the room, blinking at the green kid, "Yeah, can definitely see him..."

Bobby: The hell?! He crouched beside Lorna. "Help?"

Amara: "Me... too...." Amara was completely stunned, "Does this happen a lot?"

Selene: Selene glanced at the ceiling and thoughts that through for a moment. "Now, this would certainly be interesting. I shall keep it in mind. Though, I'd like to pick the people I kiss myself." She blinked, her thought interrupted by the little weird kid. "Hello?"

Leech: Leech looked up at the strange talking guy, craning his little neck. He gripped the man's pant legs and shook him a little bit. "Leech's family is in trouble! Lots of trouble! Your eyes... You could be one of us! You'll help!" He twisted his head at the sound of Polaris's voice and threw himself onto her. "Help! Lots of screams! Scared!"

Adriana: "Awww, look at you!" She ran over to Leech and kneeled down in front of him. "You're a cutie!"

Remy: He looked back to Bobby and Lorna with a bit of confusion and worry in his eyes. "Where's dis boy from?"

Teagan: Teagan cocked her head to the side. Trouble? Was he one of the sewer-rats? Mole people, whatever they were... "Rachel... do we know him?"

Raya: Raya looked oddly at the child that had come in hell-for-leather, blinking. Not the first green mutant she'd met, at least. "Hey, is he okay?"

Lorna: "Hey, it's going to be okay, yeah? We'll go check things out. What happened?" She patted Leech's back. "He's from the sewer with Jono, Leech." She said in explanation to the others.

Bobby: "He's from the Fringes." He looked up at Remy. "Shit..."

Selene: Selene clapped her hands excitedly and beamed a fanged grin at the bloody, ragged boy. "Oh, so this is my Christmas present!? How wonderful! Really, it wouldn't have been necessary, but how could I say no to that?"

Selene: Glancing sideways, her excitement died down. The others didn't seem to share her sentiments. "That's not part of the surprise, is it?"

rachel: "Um... guess we do now..." she glanced over at Moon.

Leech: Leech held her tighter and sniffed loudly. "This big guy... Hairy. Attacked Leech. Moley got in front and the scary man killed him. Leech can't negate knives. Leech can't help."

Amara: Amara shook her head slowly, "Don't think so...."

Remy: His face went hard. "Merde. Who's after dem? Thought dey holed up down dere so people wouldn't find dem?"

Jubilee: Jubilee came a little closer. "What has happened?"

Bobby: "Knives.... well, that ain't the cops..."

Adriana: "Aww, Sel, don' be mean. Look, he's shaking!"

Selene: "Moley?" Selene repeated, frowning. "Oh, the mold man!" Her eyes narrowed. "Someone harmed the sewer people?"

Lorna: "Yeah, not exactly cops." Lorna could imagine a lot of things but speculation probably wasn't going to help. "Were they mutants or human?"

Teagan: Moon leaned forward. "Wait... they what?!" she clenched her fist. "This is exactly what I was saying, they're not safe down there!"

Raya: Raya listened carefully, concerned over the bits of story the little green boy was blurting out, in the middle of crying. "Can't we bring them here, if they're mutants?"

Leech: "Umm... Umm..." Leech started bouncing as he tried to remember. "Fuzzy... Mutants, maybe." He tugged on Lorna's shirt, pulling her towards the door. "Home! Come home! Save the rest of Leech's family!"

Amara: Amara put her food down, "What's going on?" she asked, slightly concerned now. She hovered indecisively, "Lorna?"

Leech: He glared at the ethnic girl. "We don't like mundies."

Bobby: "They didn't want to come here. But we've been, uh, helping them. Taking them medical supplies and stuff." He straightened up and ran a hand through his hair.

Raya: "You'll get used to us," Raya replied.

Lorna: "Okay, suit up people." Lorna didn't like the idea of going in as blind as this but she knew they knew to be careful by now. "You're going to stay here, okay Leech?"

Adriana: The realization that something really bad had happened finally hit her. So she got up and looked at the others. "I think...I think they need our help." She looked down on Leech. "Right?"

Leech: "No." He glared harder. "Won't. Leech doesn't match." He looked up at Lorna, then over at red-eyes and ugly-man. "Help us! Please! Don't want more to die!"

Selene: Selene sat up, her gaze wandering form one person in the room to the next. "To me this sounds as if they have more immediate problems than the decision whether to live with us mundies, as they call us, or not."

Remy: "Tsht, petite. No need for dat at d' moment." He looked to Lorna and Bobby. "I'll call tante t' come bring Johnny up an' look after him."

Lorna: Lorna nodded to Remy and looked back to Leech. "We're going to do what we can, okay? But I don't want to take you back there while there's still people with knives around, okay?"

Amara: Amara pulled her uniform out of her bag and, as if she did it every day, stripped off and put it on. "I'm ready when you are." she looked at Lorna, "How's that for preparation?"

Leech: "No! Leech has to go back! Don't need someone to look after me!" He scrambled towards the door, still trying to pull Polaris with him. "Please! Jono stayed! You have to help him!"

Teagan: She turned to Lorna. "We should probably go help them. Mutants in danger and all... like a store policy for us."

Selene: She raised her index finger. "Perhaps this is only my opinion, but to me it seems as if someone needs to be smacked around. I'd say we do that." The grin reappeared. "What better way to celebrate Christmas than a nice fight?"

Adriana: "Suit up?...Like, uniforms? I don't have one yet..."

Remy: He caught up with the boy again. "Hey. Y' know what? If we're gonna go help y're family, we need y're help too. I gotta boy dat's littler dan y' dat needs someone t' look after him. I can't be here t' protect him, so y' gotta help Tante do it, neh? Can y' help me wit' dat?"

Jubilee: Jubilee quikly changed into her uniform.

Raya: Raya wasn't sure what to make of the green boy, but dissolved herself and halfway re-formed, to pick her clothes up and put them on a chair. <Are you always going to sound that ethusiastic over a fight, Selene?>

Amara: Amara picked up her bag again and carried it over to the table, emptying it by tippingit upside down then piling in sweet foods that were high in calories.

Lorna: "Yes, that's why I said go suit up." Lorna nodded to Teagan before looking back to Leech. "Remy's right." she gestured back to Remy so Leech would know who she was talking about. "You can do that, right? Important work."

Leech: Leech frowned as he debated what to do, looking between the door and the man. "Leech doesn't have a ball. Leech can't play with him. Leech is useful to his family."

Bobby: Bobby resisted a smart-ass comment that Jono could go suck it. "Yeah, let's get our shit together and go." He nodded. "We got spare uniforms. Come on. There's an entrance to the sewers close enough to Central Park for us to land the jet. I'll go warm her up." He disappeared into the hall.

Selene: <As I've said, I'm an opportunist. I'd never let the chance for some random violence go by without making good use of it.> She turned to Raya and showed her a slight smirk.

rachel: Rachel chewed on her lip as she listened. She wasn't exactly thrilled about the idea of a trip to the sewers, but still. People dying, according to the green kid, and all that... She sighed and got up, going to change into her uniform.

Remy: "He's got plenty of stuff y' can play wit'. Lotsa balls too." He steered the boy out to the foyer and flipped his phone open, making a quick call. "Y're brave t' do dis for me. Thank y'."

Amara: Amara picked up the plastic tub she'd brought her cookies in and emptied them out onto the table before melting the box and making it into a ball for the small green child. "Here's a ball for you." She held it out to him.

Lorna: "The best thing you can do for your family is keep here for now, okay?" She gave his hair a quick ruffle. "And I'm sure Johnny can share until we get you that ball."

Selene: "I'll be right back." Selene said. Deciding that time was of the essence, she turned into her shadow form and vanished through the grates of the ventilation system, where she found her way down to the locker rooms.

Leech: Leech's shoulders slumped in defeat and he felt hot, silent tears running down his face. "Leech doesn't want a ball... Leech wants his family safe..."
-----------------------------------------

Remy: He slipped on a bit of sludge, keeping his footing barely. While he didn't like the glaring pink of the old uniform he'd not worn in ages, he didn't want to cover it up with the green brown goo that was on the floor of the tunnel either.

Teagan: She floated above the sludge, not out of fear of it but simply because it was one less pair of feet sloshing about. She really, really wished she could communicate telepathically. And she could see lots of dead people... this wasn't good.

Amara: Amara wrinkled her nose, it didn't smell friendly that was for sure. "If anyone needs a little light, just ask..." she whispered, "Or maybe I can purge the ick off the tunnels...."

Raya: <Pleasant atmosphere...> Raya thought, with more disdain than expected. Though she was glad she didn't have to walk in....whatever that was.

Lorna: Knives. Well, at least, as usual, cutlery would be hers. Lorna hovered a few inches off of the sewer floor, keeping an eye open as they made their way along. "No, don't want to alert anyone who could be hiding."

Adriana: The uneasy feeling of the spare uniform against her skin made this sewer experience doubly unpleasant for Adriana while she walked through what felt like oversized bowels only two things kept her halfway sane: all the new little bugs she could play with down here and she had managed to get her hat along.

Bobby: While the tunnels had been quiet when they'd entered, now he could hear distant sounds. "I forget how fuckin' big it is down here..."

Selene: Selene had tried to tame her hair by tying it into a neat ponytail. While adjusting the gloves of her uniform, she glanced back at the others. Instead of wading through the smelly mud, she had animated the stump of a dead tree and ordered it to carry her through the tunnels.

Amara: "Easy for you to say, you don't have to step in it..." Amara muttered. She couldn't levitate in her human form.

Selene: "Need a ride?" Selene offered Amara with a smirk, holding out her hand. "If we move together, there's enough space for two on this thing."

Raya: <If I could carry you I'd volunteer...> She hadn't quite mastered the picking things up without flaying them yet, though.

Adriana: ((Hat goes still blink-blink))

rachel: Rachel's nose wrinkled at the smell and the squishing when she walked didn't help the nauseous feeling. They hadn't even been down that long, and she was ready to leave for a shower.

Bobby: Bobby couldn't help but shudder a little at Selene's stump. Moving trees still made him think of Tom.

Amara: Amara gratefully accepted Selene's hand, "Thanks." she shook the goo off her feet.

Selene: Selene tried to probe the tunnels with her psychic senses. "As always, there are too many things alive done here to make out any details." She told the others. "But I can't sense many other thinking minds aside from ours."

Jubilee: Jubilee looked around somewhat unnerved by all the dead bodies she saw.

Adriana: From time to time a little patch of crawling roaches crawled alongside them when Adriana's attention slipped long enough to not have them covered in the shadows anymore.

Selene: "Welcome." Selene replied, wrapping an arm around Amara's waist to help her stand on their narrow wooden cradle.

Bobby: Bobby swallowed hard at the body, then looked up at a sharp scream from a tunnel ahead. "Think we found it," he said, breaking into a run and icing up.

Remy: He stopped and knelt by a dead man, face down in the muck, marks in his back. "Dey didn't give people much of a chance did dey." He drew out cards as Bobby called it, and followed him. Couldn't help the dead now.

Teagan: Moon's eyes drifted to the body as she turned the corner. She hovered over and shook her head. "Way dead."

Jono: Jono sent another blast at a large man wielding what looked like a harpoon, then turned and ran. He hoped Leech had made it, because there were very few Fringes left, with more falling by the moment. He bolted down a side tunnel, slipping a little on the blood-slick floor.

Amara: Amara tensed, abandoned her ride and assumed her firey form literally flying off down the tunnel after Bobby, having finally got the hang of the levitation thing.

Adriana: "Ohgoshohgoshohgosh!" She grabbed her hat tight and ran as fast as she could behind the others towards the scream, the walls around them suddenly crawling with hurried carapaces.

Monet: Monet flew along behind them all, moving backwards in case of any rear attacks. She glanced at the ground and shook her head, "This is horrible." She quickly moved to follow Bobby and Remy, hoping they would be able to help others, even though she wouldn't admit it out loud.

Selene: Selene was tempted to spur on her tree stump, but the thing merely scuttled a little faster through the dark tunnel. They tried to keep up with Bobby. Her gaze went down to the dead body they came past. "I guess that means serious business."

Exodus: Ah, there he was. Exodus moved to follow the leader, but paused, sensing new minds in the alley. This was unexpected, but irrelevant as their mission was mostly complete. Just one more loose end. He followed Jono into the tunnel.

Monet: She heard a wet slipping sound and whipped her head to spot a man running towards them. "Who are you?"

Lorna: "No chance at-" Lorna cut off as she heard the screaming and caught sight of the running.

Raya: Raya followed after Bobby and Remy, thinking a small prayer for the dead man as she passed. <What was that?> she asked at no one in particular, speeding up at the screaming.

Jubilee: "I think I heard something."

rachel: "Shit," Rachel muttered at the body and blinked at the scream, moving to follow the others.

Selene: "Here we go." Selene said with clenched teeth and jumped off the slow tree stump to hurry down the tunnel, after the others.

Teagan: "What the hell?" Moon turned her head and looked back to the dead body, debating speaking to it. Better not, might run out of time.

Vertigo: Vertigo stopped at her last victim, irritated at the intrusion. She turned to face the oncoming kids and held her hands out, tossing her powers out at them.

Teagan: "Gah!" Teagan leapt to the side of the gutter. "What the fuck!"

Arclight: Sontag looked up from where she had observed the others. Apparently someone must have slipped out to get some help. She glanced to the others of her team with a questioning expression. "Shall we beat the crap out of them?"
Bennet smiled, extending a hand to lift the younger man’s body into the air. He paused, meeting eyes now clouded and half covered by loosened bandages. He flicked his wrist dismissively.

Jono hit the wall hard and slid down it, debris from the tunnel ceiling raining down. He had found some survivors when he’d returned to the alley, but now all he could do was delay their slaughter, draw away this monster.

“You really should stop resisting,” Bennet said. He was bored now, tired of the stench in these tunnels, and tired of this little man. “We can offer you a better path. With real power.” Essex wanted this man alive, and while he always obeyed the doctor, he had enjoyed his fun.

Now it was time to take the prize and go.

Jono’s head spun as he forced himself upright. This bastard was a stronger telepath and had the advantage of his telekinesis, but there was one thing he didn’t have. Jono squeezed his eyes closed and summoned the power he rarely used. It was the power that had burned away half his body when he’d manifested -- the power that made him different, that made him stronger.

If he hadn’t been killed by now, it meant he was intended to live. Live to serve this man, or whoever pulled his strings. I am the better path, he sent and straightened, barely containing himself within his shielding.

“How droll.” Bennet’s smirk dropped and he reached out to his mind, twisting and turning, looking for the easiest way to breach his shields and subdue him. His eyes widened when the shield suddenly fell.

The blast consumed them both.
Jubilee: Jubilee followed the others, letting her sparkles out.

Remy: Remy stumbled and fell to his knee. "Merde, I didn't do dat."

Adriana: "Urgh..." A wave of nausea crawled up her throat and she nearly fell, but instinctively her mind switched its senses over to the legions of insects surrounding the students and what seemed like the enemy (why else should that woman have attacked them?).

Selene: Selene ran into a slightly larger hallway, looked around, and was promptly knocked off her feet and covered in debris and smoke by a shattering explosion.

Raya: Raya merely tumbled at the blast if dizziness, but it was nearly unnoticeable as she was rather chaotic in this form, anyway. <Oh...shit!> She had picked up a few curses, in the school, using one as a chunk of something fell through her while she was stopped.

Monet: Monet stopped and had to put her feet on the ground and a hand on the wall as the room started to spin. "Holy..." She closed her eyes for a moment, opening them at a deafening sound just in time to get a rock to the side of the face. "Ouch."

Teagan: "Selene!" She used her strength to push a large chunk up and off of her. She herself was pelted with crumbling sewer.

Lorna: Lorna's feet hit ground as she felt a wave of nausea come over her. She just had enough presence of mind to pull to get a bit of a shield as rocks started coming down, not able to get them all.

Amara: Amara stopped, hovering in a cloud of steam thrown up by the damp ground. As Debris rained from the ceiling Amara seized her chance and targeted some rocks, melting them and reforming them into glowing orbs of liquid.

Bobby: Bobby's ice slide crumbled beneath his feet and he hit the floor hard, debris raining down onto him.

Jubilee: Jubilee tried to cover from falling rocks.

Adriana: When she finally managed to get a steady hold of the ground beneath her and looked at the lady through the thousandfold eyes of her servants instead of nausea now anger was boiling up in her. "You mean bitch! We only want to help!"

rachel: Rachel threw up a teke shield to try and help stop the debris from coming down on them.

Amara: She did her best to unbury her friends melting the rocks and lifting them away carefully and quickly so as not to burn them

Selene: Selene escaped the debris by changing into shadows for a few seconds, then reforming. "I can't sense anything." She said. "These entire tunnels are one psychic mess."

Raya: <Bobby, are you okay?> She cradled a few of the pieces over him, moving it a few feet over before letting it fall through.

Remy: "What d' hell was dat?" He pushed a chunk of rock off of his leg.

Lorna: "She's not one of them." Lorna only half said to Adriana. Of all things this was definitely not what Lorna had expected to find in the tunnels. There was just something about Essex's goons and caving in ceilings, wasn't there?

Amara: "Hang on the walls are unstable." Amara used her molten rock to fill in some gaps to stop the whole place coming down. for now anyway.

Vertigo: Time was running short for them. That big blast did not bode well. And their task was done. She turned to run.

Monet: Monet shook her head and blinked. How did she end up on the ground? Gross! She fell on something sticky. She pushed some rocks off of her and stood up, arching around to look at her rear end. Dry cleaning was now her top priority after this.

Arclight: Sontag gave a disappointed huff as she listened to the voice in her headset. "We're ordered to retreat." She told the other. "Everybody disengage. We're heading out."

Arclight: She gave one of the mutants a rude hand gesture before slipping into the shadows. "We'll see us later."

Adriana: She took off her hat, all the while touching the complete and yet undeveloped minds of the Japanese wasps (her own little Christmas present for herself) in the little hive in it. First only five adults of about two and a half inches followed after the fleeing Vertigo, but when the eggs in the hat hatched a small army of about hundred individuals went after the fleeing attackers.

Teagan: She cussed at Arclight and returned the gesture.

Bobby: "Fine! I'm fine. Pissed!" He got up and shook off the debris, trying to shore up the wall with ice.

Monet: Monet scowled at the gesture, but ignored it beyond that as she started going deeper into the main tunnel. "We have to see what they did."

Amara: "I got it bobby," Amara melted more rock and pasted it to the walls, instantly cooling it to make it solid.

Remy: He recognised one of the guys and tossed a card after him, but it missed and he worried about bringing more debris on them.

Jubilee: Jubilee stood up little bruised, but otherwise alright.

Selene: Selene shook her head, cleaning her hair of debris and dust. Her head spun around as she was looking at anybody, anything, she could pounce on and attack. But there was little else but chaos and confusion.

Teagan: Moon hated to agree, but Monet was right. She chased after her. "Hold on, I want to help!"

Bobby: Bobby nodded at Amara and turned to the attackers, but frowned. They were running? The hell?

Arclight: "I'll cover our retreat." Sontag said. On the way out, she charged up on seismic energy. Waiting until the last of her comrades had walked by, she smacked the walls of the tunnel they walked through, then followed them. The rumbling became louder, and a moment later the tunnel behind them collapsed.

Adriana: Small bit of debris around her and warning 'thoughts' of her little soldiers reminded the girl of the dire situation around her. So she called her little airforce back and sent masses of roaches into the smaller cracks in the walls and ceiling to support them. "What happened here?!"

Raya: <Us too.> Raya sent, before darting away to follow the someone who'd sent the hand gesture. It wouldn't have normally taken long to find them, but they'd disappeared. She was caught a little by surprise at another cave-in that scattered her.

Lorna: Lorna did her best to shield, trying to push forward to see the damage as well. "I'm more worried about why it happened."

Selene: "I have the feeling I was cheated out of a fight." Selene snarled, wiping dust from the latest cave in out of her eyes. "Aside from feeling quite useless at the moment, that is." She looked around, inspecting the mayhem around them.

Amara: Amara swore as more of the tunnels started crumbling, "This is ridiculous, I don't know if I have the energy to keep this up."

Teagan: "Shit! Shit!" She could see them... dead people. Dead mutants. It wasn't just a killing, it was a massacre. "What the fuck?!"

Monet: Monet slowed as she hit the large area where it looked like they'd lived... Finally she came to a stop and covered her mouth with her hand. "Mon Dieu."

rachel: "I kinda know how you feel, Selene. Telepathy completely sucks down here," Rachel frowned.

Remy: He stopped a ways down the tunnel, face grim as he bent over. "Dey took d' little ones too. Dis one can't be more dan five."

Selene: Selene glanced up at the ceiling warily. "I don't trust this place. We shouldn't hang out here for too long. I'd say we try to head back to the large hall where we met the others the last time we've been here."

Jubilee: "Do you think theres anyone still alive..?"

Monet: She reached out with her telepathy, trying to feel anyone alive besides her own teammates. "No."

Selene: "Maybe someone is still alive there." She stepped over a few corpses. "Though, those people seemed to have been very thorough."

Raya: Raya came up slowly to the large open area, with all the bodies. <There's no one left alive...what happened, down here?>

Teagan: "Oh my God..." the voices. So many dead people. "Oh my God..." she wanted to cry but couldn't, she never could.

Bobby: He considered going after the attackers but the debris looked daunting. Bobby did ice the opening with a think layer, hoping between himself and Amara they had secured it for now.

Monet: Monet couldn't bring her voice above a harsh whisper as she found a baby lying in a puddle with it's head smashed like a pumpkin on Halloween. "It was a slaughter. All of them."

Amara: Amara followed the others, "Oh... god...." she stared around her, the flames going out, "These poor people..."

Selene: "Someone massacred them." She said, looking at Raya. "In fact, I'm sure that those people who just escaped massacred them. I don't know why, though."

Remy: He went a little further, rolling a lady over who's skin was a dull pink in the near dark of the lights. Dead. Was everyone dead?

Adriana: She walked around with closed eyes, the voices filled with anger and sorrow of her fellow students in the ears. Better using her little friends, their perception of the world was quite different. She wasn't sure whether she would be able to stomach what had happened here.

Bobby: He followed the others then, shifting back to his normal form. He gagged as the smell hit him and he realized what he was seeing. "Oh my God..."

Raya: <Why would anyone? They're...all dead. Even the babies.> She stopped, reforming enough to kneel beside the broken body of a mutant that couldn't have been a year old yet. <We have to find out who did this.>

Malice: Watching out of near eyes, Malice wondered if perhaps she had destroyed this body too soon. It would have been easier to get attention from the others if she could twitch or something. Thoughts along that line vanished though as LeBeau crouched down, nudging her over. Perfect. She mustered up enough energy for a cough and a twitch.

Selene: Selene's expression appeared empty when she gazed across the scene of the slaughter. She had seen, or at least imagined, a lot of horrible things in her life. This was a much different experience, however. She swallowed and clenched and unclenched her hands.

rachel: She ran a shaking hand through her hair, crossing her arms as she looked around. She felt even more sick, and this time it wasn't because of how gross and moldy the sewers were...

Amara: "... What should we do?" Amara asked, looking around at the others, "Call the police? ... Bury them?"

Lorna: "We need to get the bodies out of here. They may be back for them...don't know what they were doing."

Teagan: She bent over a body of someone who appeared to be slightly less mutilated than the others. Holding the persons head by her chin... she closed her eyes. She couldn't believe she was doing this. When she opened them, her eyes were rolled into the back of her head. The eyes of the dead body shot open as well.

Remy: He'd seen dead people...but never so many like this, stacked on top of each other, women holding dead children to themselves. He nearly swallowed his tongue when the body he was touching coughed. "Merde! I got one. Hang on dere petite. We're here t' help." He picked her up slightly, trying to see to help her.

rachel: "How are we going to get them all out of here?" Rachel glanced at Lorna.

Monet: Monet's head whirled around as she heard an unfamiliar cough then Remy's loud cursing. She went over to see if she could help him or the one he found. What good was being on the Medical Team if she couldn't save someone?

Selene: Selene turned her head to see what Remy and Moon were doing. "I can animate a couple of things to carry them." She told Rachel.

Amara: Amara heard Remy talking to someone, there was one alive? She heard Rachel, "What are we going to do with them if we get them out?"

Teagan: "How did this happen?" She asked the dead man. "Death." The voice said with a gurgle, blood coming out of his mouth. "So much... so fast. Tried to follow Jono, but I-tripped. My daughter was killed..." Moon sighed. "Do you know why?"

Malice: Letting the body have a last gurgle, Malice seeped out of the pink mutant, into her new host and kept quiet. It wouldn't do to raise people's suspicions now. All she needed to make sure of was that Remy stayed away from Lorna.

Lorna: "We need the telepaths to make sure we're not being watched. Get the bodies on the jet. Can't just leave them down here."

Teagan: The body turned its head to her. "Why do you think? It's the very reason we came down here... now it seems like we shall never be safe..." His voice was slowly fading out. It had been too long, she wouldn't be able to channel him much longer. "Save... yourself...." Moon's eyes snapped back and she stood up with a yelp.

Amara: Amara chewed her lip, "I can..." she couldn't believe she was offering, "I can get... get rid of them...."

Bobby: Bobby noticed Teagan with a real zombie. "The shit you doing?!"

Teagan: "No!" She yelled at Amara. "No... not here."

Adriana: "Ah...I'm on it, Lorna..." And indeed, the bodies were being lifted with the help of thousands of little legs all around and carried away.

Selene: Selene stepped over to Moon and carefully put a hand on her shoulder. "I'll do my best to help conceal us." She said. "Perhaps I can even control some of the shadows to hide us above the ground."

Remy: The girl's head sagged back, her body going limp, blood seeping through his fingers from her wound still, but not as fast. He cursed again, furious. His head was starting to pound in a sickening and odd way and he knew they had a lot of work ahead of them. Scooping his hand under this ones legs he stood with her, carrying her over.

Teagan: She spun on her heels to Bobby. "You got a problem with me trying to ask what happened?" She said angrily. "These people can't speak for themselves anymore, except through me!"

rachel: Riding home with a pile of dead bodies... Great. "Yeah, I can definitely make sure people don't see us, too."

Monet: Monet made it to Remy's side and looked down at the pink girl he was holding. She let out a sigh and shook her head, pressing her fingers to her neck for a pulse. "She's gone, Remy."

Amara: Amara sighed, looking around, "What a waste of life..." she bowed her head and offered up a silent prayer, hoping that at the very least these people were at peace now.

Remy: "Je sais." His tone was weary. "I'll take her t' Selene an' go look for more."

Raya: <What did you find, Remy?> Raya made the mimic of looking up, though she couldn't feel anything herself. <Moon...don't. Anger won't help them. nothing can, they're already dead.> She lighted next to Teagan with a sad mental sigh.

Lorna: "Moon." Lorna said calmly before going back to walking the perimeter of the room.

Monet: She put her hand on his shoulder and looked up at him, face serious. "It's not your fault. There was likely nothing that could have saved her."

Bobby: "I-I... it's just... " He ran a hand through his hair and backed away from Moon. "Yeah."

Jubilee: "What should we do now?" Jubilee asked.

Selene: Selene had moved on to walk through the Fringes' hideout, looking for appropriate tools that could help them out. Beds, bunks and benches would do. She channeled as much energy as she could spare to animate some of them. "Put the bodies on them." She said. "I'll order them to carry them to the surface."

Selene: "Save our anger for those who did this." Selene answered.

Teagan: She listened to the voices around her, though she didn't want to. "They're all saying the same thing... death. Pure death. A mutilation that happened with no warning. They don't understand how... some speak of a man with a knife, others say it was fellow mutants... They're all confused."

Raya: <I can carry a few of the children.>

Amara: "They... they're still here?" Amara asked Moon in disbelief.

Remy: He gave her a short nod and went to place her beside the others Selene was helping out in her own macabre way before he went into another of the other nooks, finding another to help pull out so that none would be left forgotten here.

Teagan: "No just... their stains. I could talk to every single one of them if I wanted, but that's too much, I don't like it. But I can hear them, their voices." She realized as she looked down she was standing on a teddy bear. "They killed their children."

Selene: "They killed everyone." Selene confirmed. She helped carrying some of the bodies to the makeshifts stretchers.

Amara: Amara shivered and bit her lip. She wasn't going to cry. "What are we going to tell that little boy?"

Lorna: Lorna laughed quietly. Selene had taken the words from out of her mouth. "Yeah, they didn't stand a chance really, shut down here."

Remy: Stopping by Bobby he looked him in the eye. "Y' recognise dem?"

rachel: Reluctantly, she moved and scooped up a body, picking up a few more with her teke and moving to put them on the objects Selene had gathered.

Jubilee: Jubilee started to carry a blue-haired girl, where others were laying the bodies.

Teagan: "I'm never going to sleep again..." She said, squeezing the teddy bear. She picked up a small child with a slit throat, putting it on one of the objects as well.

Bobby: Bobby made a face at Teagan's words and decided he needed to get away from her, not answering Remy for a moment. "Um... not yet. I mean, just people I've seen kind of hovering when we come down."

Raya: Raya brushed the back of her hand over one small girl's cheek, unable to really feel the resistance. She lifted her up gently, with another small child, nearly a baby, in her arms, cradling them both.

Selene: "I bet that wasn't what they had wished for this Christmas." Selene said, looking down at one of the dead mutants.

Amara: Amara couldn't bring herself to touch the dead bodies. In stead she summoned up the last of her energy and reassumed her flaming form. Carefully she melted them a direct path to the jet through all the rock. Joining the tunnels with tunnels of her own and strengthening them as best as she could as she did.

Jubilee: "No-one should die like this." Jubilee said in a sad voice.

rachel: "Don't think this is what any of us wished for either..."

Amara: "The way out is clear now." she said when she was done, extinguishing the flames and standing on shaky legs. She felt exhausted. But there was food in the jet in her bag. "Just head straight down there."

Monet: "The child who came to get help from us... He would have been killed as well." Monet shook her head and picked up a rotund old man with knife wounds in his chest.

Bobby: He left Remy and headed for the far wall, looking for survivors. The bodies were still warm in some cases... He stepped around a pillar and saw a smear of blood and flesh mixed with red feathers and gagged, leaning against the wall and losing the contents of his stomach.

Selene: "The irony that they hid down here to feel safe." Selene went on, her voice grim. "All of this goes to show that fate is a bitch." She put down another body, her eyes narrowing. "I'm all for repaying those who did that in kind."

Remy: "Thought I recognised one of d' ones dat ran." He dipped his head again. "D' dead...yeah, I know some of dem."

Lorna: Lorna let her head clear. That didn't work though when she heard Bobby and looked over to see the feathers. "God..."

Amara: Amara leaned against a wall, hugging herself, past caring about what she was leaning in but been too exhausted to stand properly anyway. She'd just rest for a minute then follow the others to the jet.

Raya: <Selene. Killing more people won't do anything helpful.> Raya merely shook her head slowly, alighting next to her friend sadly. <This is horrible...>

Monet: "Lorna. The boy seemed to like you well enough. You get to break the news to him about all of this," she set the man with the others and gestured at the room.

Selene: "Oh, don't worry. I'm not planning to kill anybody." Selene assured the others, glancing over to Raya for a moment. "Killing ends the suffering."

Raya: <No, it doesn't. It only causes more.>

Lorna: "Hmm?" Lorna looked up at her name before registering the rest of what Monet had said. "...yeah, yeah I should."

Teagan: She approached Monet and stood there. In Teagan's arms was a woman who had multiple knife wounds. Without a word she put the woman with the rest of the bodies and looked to Monet with zero expression. "I'm sorry." She said. "It's not worth it to be angry. I'm sorry for anything I ever said." She turned from her and walked away. "No Raya... these people are going to get it back times ten. I got plenty of electrical instruments to ensure that."

Remy: He snapped his mind frame into doing what needed to be done, ignoring the terrified expressions on the faces that...well still had faces. He stopped, hearing Monet's and Lorna's conversation. "Where's d' boy gonna go? I don' think dese people have any other folk. Dat's how dey ended up wit' Jono."

Amara: "Stop it!" Amara yelled suddenly, "How can you talk about more killing?!"

Monet: Monet blinked at the decrepid girl then shook her head and went back to the scattered bodies, looking for any still clinging to life and carrying those who had given up the fight to the pile.

Lorna: "...I have no idea." Lorna hadn't even thought about what Remy had just asked.

Monet: "Well, Remy. You seem to have a penchant for strangely colored boys. Take him under your wing if you can't find any other family of his."

Amara: "There's been enough here tonight already." She added firmly, "No one else deserves to die. Even the people that did this. They have families too." She felt weak and woozy, she sat down.

Bobby: "Oh, but they do deserve it." Bobby straightened up, wiping off his mouth with the back of his arm and shifting back to ice. It would be easier to deal this way.

Teagan: "They deserve to die so I can remind them why I killed them every day." She said sternly. "Because people who do this" She pointed to the bodies "don't get mulligans."

Selene: "I'm not." Selene said, turning her head to glance at Amara. "Besides, I have the feeling it helps to focus on those things that are going to happen, not on those that have happened here."

Remy: He gave Monet a sour look. "Colored boys?" Still, he knew what she meant. "He ain't gonna go without. don' worry about it."

Amara: "No one deserves it." she said again, "No one."

Monet: "Well, your child is blue. Perhaps this green child will feel more at home with him as a brotherly figure."

Bobby: "Yeah, sometimes people do deserve to die. You just have to put them down like fucking rabid dogs before they can bite you too."

Monet: "What about our motto? X-Men don't kill? Are we going to throw that out the window? If the answer is yes, I would love to help."

Selene: "If it helps you, I'm all against killing." Selene stated. "Vengeance, however, is something different all together. And I'm quite sure that the people who died here would want someone to do this for them. I know I would if someone killed me."

Amara: Amara shook her head, "Killing is always wrong. Even if it's 'just'. I'm not saying what they did was right but I'm sure they had a reason for it and we should lay of judgment for now."

Teagan: "I'm done with this..." She said. She took the teddy bear and walked back out and away from the carnage, or at least as far away as she could. "I'll be out here..." she called. Hopefully they won't all come to me...

Raya: <NO one deserves to die by the hands of anyone here!> Raya yelled out, agitating her shapeless form. <There is no just killing.>

Remy: "How d' y' know dat, petite? Y' ever killed anyone?" The words weren't loud, but they were challenging as he bent to pick up a toddlers crushed body.

Bobby: "Oh, I think there sure as fuck is. Did you see those assholes?" His voice was rising now a little, hollow in his ice form. "Those fuckers... we've seen them before!"

Lorna: "We don't kill." Lorna muttered quietly. "And really isn't that constructive of a topic either." She lifted a few more of the remaining bodies and let them float towards the jet. "We finish here, shut things up, search the area above to see if we can find anything else after we've taken the bodies back."

Jubilee: "Can we stop talking about death and killing? Please!"

Bobby: "Kind of hard to stop talking about it, since it's all fucking around us, yeah?"

Amara: Amara managed a weak smile for Raya, "I never want to kill anyone." she stated for Remy.

Remy: Ahh, so Bobby hadrecognised them. But Lorna had a point. "Um. I'm glad we're not leavin' dem here...but where are we gonna bury all dese folks?"

Amara: "And if we don't have anywhere to bury them the offer still stands..." Amara muttered, blinking away the drowsiness that came after excessive use of her powers and no quick pick-me-up.

Raya: <I don't have to know. I believe it, unwaveringly. There is no such thing as a just killing.> Raya snarled quietly, gaining momentum as she moved away.

Monet: "Yes. Yes there is." Monet picked up a pregnant woman and carried her to the jet.

rachel: Rachel stared at the floor, arms crossed, as she listened to the conversation. She wasn't planning on getting involved in it.

Bobby: "Sometimes whether you want to or not it might be the best goddamn thing so shit like this doesn't happen anymore." He bent to help move a body, the blood freezing when it touched him. "Fucking assholes. Must have found a new master... or..." he didn't want to think about the other option.

Monet: She shook her head and sighed. She did not want to be around when Lorna, or whoever, told the green child his family had been killed. Reliving that was not on her top priority. Though, if he needed someone to talk to, she would let him come to her so long as he promised to keep secrets. She bent over and scooped up the tiny infant she had looked at earlier with the smashed head, then picked up what she assumed was her mother.

Raya: <You're wrong.> it was a flat statement, angry, but at the same time cold. <You don't have the power to say who gets to live or die. None of us do.> Raya cradled a young, scrawny boy about her age and drifted off toward the jet with him, saying nothing more.

Bobby: Bobby just gave Raya a flat look and turned to go check the tunnel they'd abandoned.

Lorna: "Is that the last?" Lorna looked around, chewing at her lip as the body behind her was taken up to the jet.

Amara: Amara jerked awake, "Are we leaving?" she asked groggily, hauling herself up.

Remy: He gave Lorna a small nod. "Yeah. Think it's clear now." There was no way to clean up the bloody mess that was still left, but the bodies were at least not going to be left behind.

Monet: Monet sighed and looked around, "I believe so. Mon Dieu," she said softly, "Macabre."

Amara: "I'd clean up but I'm wiped out." Amara put in, "Anymore would be a bad idea."

Selene: "Yes. There's nothing more we could do here." Selene took another look around before stepping over to Amara. "You look tired." She said. "Do you need any help up?"

Bobby: Among the half-melted stone, he found a section of very familiar looking bandaging and tore it from the cooling slag. He turned it over in his hand, heading back to the main hall and the others. Stopping, he held it up to show Remy and Lorna.

Amara: "I'm exhausted." Amara replied, she leaned on her a little, "Hope you don't mind."

Lorna: "Okay, we seal up things as best as we can." Lorna looked down to see what Bobby had and sighed. "And we get another team together to clean this place up and collect evidence we've missed. Chances are there's a lot of things down here still." And people too.

Remy: He came over and shook his head. "Well explains why we didn't find d' body. An' hope dat he took some of d' fuckers wit' him."

Selene: "Not at all." Selene put a hand on the back of Amara's head and supported her. "So am I." She kicked her foot against a slab of stone, channeling a last bit of energy into it in order to control. "Let's take a lift up." She stepped onto the slab and looked up to the tunnel Amara had created.

Bobby: "Me too." He balled up the bandage in his fist and looked around.

Lorna: "If that explosion was enough of a hint I'd say Jono probably managed that." Lorna was disgusted with herself that the phrase 'went out with a bang' came to mind.

Amara: Amara smiled, "I'm glad you're here," she said weakly, "I have snacks in the jet, I'll be fine once I've eaten." She stepped up onto the slab and held onto Selene to keep her balance.

[Edited on 22-2-2009 by Slarti]
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Jubilee: Jubilee followed others onto the jet.

Raya: Back on the jet, Raya reskinned and pulled her clothes on quickly, looking at the bodies and saying a quiet prayer for the dead, covering her face. She didn't stop the soft litany of Arabic as she went to sit, suddenly tired.

rachel: Rachel took one last glance around the tunnel before starting her way down the tunnel Amara had made, scanning for anyone nearby on the surface.

Teagan: Teagan trudged herself onto the jet and took a seat beside Rachel. "I'm gonna go home and drown myself I think... in Alcohol maybe. You up for it?" She asked, rolling her head to Rae.

Jubilee: Jubilee sat down feeling very sad and worn out. She wanted to sleep.

Amara: Amara was relieved to be back on the jet, she pulled her bag to her and stuffed several things hungrily into her mouth. She didn't care that it wasn't lady like. She felt like her life depended on it right now.

rachel: "Yeah," she nodded, barely able to get the word out. A shower and drowning in alochol didn't sound like a bad plan.

Teagan: "And here I thought you were the mind reader..." she said, trying to smile and finding it was a lot harder than she thought.

Monet: Monet sat next to the bodies, putting her hand on a young mother's arm. At least her children hadn't suffered emotionally. ...She hoped.

Selene: Selene sat down among the others. She didn't say anything for a while. Untying her ponytail, she let her hair fall free again. "If this is what getting Christmas presents is like, let me stress that this holiday sucks through and through." She huffed, shaking the dust from her hair. "I certainly didn't miss much in the past if that's the case."

rachel: Not able to force a grin either, Rachel just gave a shrug.

Lorna: "Usually they're a bit more pleasant."

Amara: Amara looked over at Selene, "This isn't a normal Christmas." she said, "But then... nothing with us ever is..."

Bobby: Bobby didn't shift back to flesh and blood, just walked straight to the cockpit and started firing up the engines.

Raya: Raya concentrated on the floor, falling silent as she saw others enter. "I hope it was quick. For all of them. Even if they shouldn't be dead."

Remy: The headache was worse. After he did what he could at home he'd have to sleep. He'd have to talk to Bobby and Lorna more...but that could wait.

Jubilee: She could never forget what she had just seen in the tunnels, that was one thing Jubilee was sure about.
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Derelict Landlord

Post by Saint Kurt »

This game looked really cool. I'm so bummed I had to miss it because it would have been cool to have Wagner playing in a plot involving Jono (his Eximius Hominis group investigated Jono way way back but they didn't understand how the phenomena they saw was related to him.)

I was was getting a CT scan while you were playing and we were in surgery while the game was wrapping up. I got home around 9pm. The surgery was successful though (back surgery on a dachshund). Here's my patient waking up in the ICU afterwards:

Looks like she's trying to figure out what the hell happened.

-e
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Looks like she's saying "Dude I feel soooooooooooo weird..."
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS