Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

3/11 Game: Meow and Maim

Post by Slarti »

Timelined Monday, Jan. 24, 2011.

Bobby: The computer made a burbling sound when he whacked the side of the console. It hadn't been quite right ever since the attack of the bee people. He was choosing to ignore that he'd been one of them. "Work, dammit!"

Hepzibah: What the Hell kinda school was this? Hepzibah thought she'd been in every kinda institution imaginable. She wandered around the big empty room with disquiet, sniffing here and listening there. "What's wrong with the computer?"

rachel: Glancing around the room, Rachel let out a sigh, eyed the cat girl for a few moments, and rolled her eyes at Bobby abusing the computer. That was probably the most exciting thing she'd seen all day. Much more exciting than whatever McCoy had been going on about in class.

Bobby: "Well, rebuilt is never as good as new..." Bobby answered, though he couldn't see who was talking to him since he'd just stuck his head into the open panel beneath the console. "Stupid thing." There was a clang and muffled cursing.

Nezhno: Nezhno strolled into the danger room and spotted Bobby. "Hey Bobby! Are you taking out your frustrations on that poor computer again?"

Hepzibah: Hepzibah lept up on top of the console and peered with her head upside down, into the open panel beside Bobby's head. "Too bad Sarah isn't here."

rachel: Rebuilt. Yeah, she wasn't about to start thinking about that whole disaster. "Are you sure you won't make whatever's wrong with it worse?"

Bobby: "Oh, this is only half-frustrated. Wait until I get good and worked up." He hit his head again and gave up, straightening up and scratching his chin as he stared at it. There was a tail twitching over part of the console now... "Yeah, Sarah would be handy about now."

Bobby: He poked his tongue out at Rachel. "I just know the boss told me I gotta get this program loaded for later."

rachel: Rachel raised an eyebrow, "That makes it sound like we actually have to do something. I think that means I should be stopping you..."

Hepzibah: "So what is it exactly that we do in this room?" Hepzibah was getting the distinct feeling that she had not been told the entire truth about this place. Her tail twitched in slightly.

Bobby: "You can nevah stop me, Evil Junior." He ruffled her hair, then looked back at Hepzibah. "Oh, all kinds of stuff. You can use it to recreate anyplace in the world. Or off it." He grinned. "Even the final frontier!"

Nezhno: Nezhno walked over towards Hepzibah and smiled. "That scenario has been ran many, many times. I'm Nezhno by the way." He said with a grin.

Hepzibah: Hepzibah turned from one to the other and jumped off the console. "Hepzibah." she replied, motioning to herself. "And, you can not be serious."

rachel: "Practice controlling our powers if we actually want to be productive," she nudged Bobby back and tried to fix her hair. With the amount of people that messed her hair up everyday, she was starting to wonder why she even bothered doing it. "Oh, I'm Rachel."

Bobby: "So how was your break, Nez?" Bobby ran his hand through his hair. "Oh, I'm so serious. We've used this place for... well, everything."

Bobby: "Sometimes even its intended use, yeah." He nodded at Rachel. "You can use your powers in here without damaging anything. Learn control if you don't have it."

Nezhno: "It was good. I stayed here obviously, since if I take one step into Wakanda I'll be thrown back in prison. So I just stayed here and got caught up on some entertaining reading. How was yours Bobby?"

Amara: Amara shuffled down the hall at a slightly quickened pace. She was late. She knew she was late. But she'd be damned if she was going to run. She reached the DR and opened the door, "Sorry! Have I missed anything?"

Hepzibah: Running her hand through her hair, she fought to keep from bristling up. She looked around the room. "Recreate a place?" she looked skeptical. "Really?"

Bobby: "Oh, entertaining, definitely." That reminded him of something and he turned an appraising eye on Rachel.

rachel: Rachel wasn't sure she liked that look, "Should I be scared?" She glanced over at Mara, "Nope, you're just in time for sharing what you did over break."

Amara: She looked around, saw that Xavier wasn't there yet and grinned, "Good. And I did nothing over break - stayed right here. But you know that." She spotted a new person, "Oh hi, My name's Amara." She waved.

Nezhno: "I stayed out of prison by not leaving the mansion!" Nezhno said with a big goofy grin.

Bobby: "I dunno. Maybe the question is if Josh should be? Engaged...?" His eyebrow lifted. The tail swished over the console again and he stepped back. "Really. If I could get it to work." He gave it a kick and cackled when it rumbled to life. "AHA!"

Hepzibah: Hepzibah nodded. "I'm Hepzibah," she answered, carefully taking in each of their scents, putting names and faces to them and filing them away.

Bobby: Bobby typed a few keystrokes on the console and the room shimmered into an open field on a summer day. "See?" He flashed a grin at Nez. "Yeah... guess all of us are avoiding prison now though."

Amara: "Nice name." Amara smiled at the girl, and tucked some loose hair behind her ear.

rachel: "Oh, right. That..." she smirked, "I'm pretty sure he already is..."

Hepzibah: Startled, she spun around. "Holy Shit!"

Bobby: Bobby chuckled. "I bet. Congrats, though." He was distracted by Hepzibah's reaction. "Pretty neat, huh?"

Amara: "Oooh nice." Amara looked around then sat down on the grass.

rachel: "Thanks," Rachel muttered, blinking at the change of scenery.

Hepzibah: She fought to concetrate on the girl addressing her. "Yeah...thanks." She crouched down to the grass not far from Amara, scrunching her bare feet into it. It looked real, it felt real. It ALMOST smelled real.

Bobby: Bobby resisted a 'here, kitty, kitty' at the new girl sniffing around.

Amara: "Bobby, just for the record, I think this is very nice but we should go for something less flammable." She grinned up at him.

rachel: "And not as bright."

Hepzibah: "This is...." she shook her head. "This is really something." This must be how Alice felt when she fell down the rabbit hole.

Bobby: "Ha! Well, we'll see. You got me here as your personal fire extinguisher today."

Amara: "Great.... but do you think you can extinguish me?" She looked over at Hepzibah, "Cool isn't it?"

Bobby: Bobby crossed his arms and leaned against the console with a nod and wink.

DrXavier: Xavier rolled though a doorlike opening in the field, surrounded by his student team leaders. It was heartening to see his shudents back again, especially since they'd left for the winter break with such somber hearts. It was definitely a time of change for their kind.

Hepzibah: Hepzibah couldn't decide whether to nod or shake her head, so she just made a vague intonation and kept pawing at the grass.

DrXavier: "Good day, everyone. Thank you for coming! It's good to see you all, though some of you I've already seen in class today... or should have." He gave a small smile.

Andreas: Andreas walked in right after the old far-...the professor, wearing his new uniform with (courtesy of Tessa's sewing) the Strucker crest on the chest.

Cessily: Cessily followed Xavier into the Danger Room, wearing her new uniform and a smile. She waved a hand at the others who were already waiting for them. "Hey!" She said. Ooh, that had to be one of the new students, she thought when her gaze fell upon Hepzibah. "I'm Cessily." She told the new girl, giving her a friendly nod. "Nice to meet you."

Lorna: Lorna smiled as she saw everyone else, fiddling with the gloves on the new uniform a bit as she walked along with Andy and Cessily, deciding it felt a bit weird not to see the blue on there anymore. The smile switched to a smirk as she made her way over to the others.

Hepzibah: Standing up from her crouch, Hepzibah nodded. "Hepzibah, thank you. What's with the uniforms?"

Andreas: He poked Cessily in the side with his ellbow and whispered at her: "Who's the kitty? I've never seen her before..."

Bobby: He'd already seen it, but Bobby gave Lorna a whistle at the new uniform. Cess was looking good too. "Those're the new versions of the SM squad look we were telling you about."

rachel: Ooh, new uniforms. She shook her head. No... Just no. The ones they had were bad enough.
Cessily: "A new student." Cessily told Andy. "Remy told me about her. But I didn't meet her until now, too."

Hepzibah: SM uniforms, vans that should have 'free candy' written down the sides. Hepzibah sighed. She was in WAY over her head.

Bobby: Bobby saluted Lorna with a cheeky grin. "Got it all fixed, boss!"

Andreas: "Oh well. Hope I don't get her on the team. I'm seeing wounds full of white hair already. Can't be healthy." He shrugged and went further into the room.

DrXavier: Xavier gave the new student a reassuring smile. "I'm sure you're feeling a little overwhelmed, but welcome."

Lorna: Lorna grinned and saluted back. "At ease, soldier, and check this shit out." Lorna turned her arms over palm up, grinning more as she tapped into her magnetic mojo to pull out the metal bar she had up her sleeve. "Made a place for it on the uniform. Armed at all times...I've considered making a place for a spoon on the other sleeve."

Cessily: Cessily couldn't resist the opportunity to pose in her uniform, spinning around like a - somewhat - professional model to give everyone a good look. "Behold the new Xavier's Summer Collection."

Nezhno: Nezhno laughed at Lornas spoon joke. "I really think you do need a spoon for the other."

Bobby: "Sweet! Cutlery belongs to you, Starshine." He laughed.

Andreas: "I still haven't found out how to pee while wearing this. I really hope there won't be diapers involved..."

Hepzibah: "Just hold it." Hepzibah smiled, tight lipped.

Amara: "I think the idea is you're not supposed to wear them all the time, Andy...." Amara said with a smirk.

DrXavier: Charles opened his mouth to speak, but paused to give Andreas a bemused look.

Andreas: He gave the cat person a mean look. Had she given him lip? "We should make sure you have a pouch with sand along, I guess?"

Lorna: "Oh yeah." She grinned and put the bar back. "If you make X-diapers please don't let us know, Andy."

DrXavier: "I gathered you all here today to reassure you that we've been at work trying to discover the source of the attack on the Fringes." He folded his hands in his lap, deciding to tune out the chatter.

Hepzibah: "Yeah, never heard that one before." She quipped back. If that was the best taunt he had, he would be no problem.

Amara: Amara looked at Xavier, deciding to chew Andy's ear off later. "Have you found anything out yet?"

rachel: Rachel cringed at the thought of the Fringes, "And that involves new uniforms?" She wasn't quite sure if she should be glad the pink was gone or not...

Cessily: Cessily's smile faded a bit when Xavier shifted the topic the issue of the Fringes. "In a certain way it does, yes." She told Rachel.

DrXavier: "In a word, no," he said bluntly. "But, there are a few avenues we can still pursue. In the meantime, we must take measures here to ensure safety."

Hepzibah: Hepzibah gave Bobby a pointed look. "Yes, because this is supposed to be a safe place for mutants."

Amara: Amara frowned. So they still didn't know who or why? That sucked. She pulled her knees to her chest. She felt vulnerable enough.

Bobby: Bobby frowned. He'd tried quite hard to not think about all this shit over the break. He smiled a little at Hepzibah, voice low. "What he's talking about didn't happen here. This is as safe as we get."

Hepzibah: "You have no idea how much BETTER that makes me feel," she whispered back, fake smile firmly in place.

Cessily: Cessily glanced over at the new girl, trying to give her the most comforting smile that she could manage at the moment. She had accepted that there was pretty much no safe place for mutants, but the school still was the safest they had.

Andreas: "Don't worry for your little lady lumps, kitty cat." He gave Hep a thumbs up. "We have got you as save as in the bossom of Abraham in here."

DrXavier: "We have now passed into mandatory mutant registration, so every one of us here who is not registered is in violation of federal law. It's a dangerous time to be a mutant."

Amara: Amara looked up again, "Actually I've been wondering about that, Professor. What about us non-American mutants? What'll happen to us if we get found to be unregistered?"

DrXavier: "You will be deported."

Malice: Slipping into the nearest body, well, nearest body that wasn't around Greeny, Malice kept back, not wanting to alert the other inhabitant of the invasion as she used the ears to see what all was being said...and to nose through for information at all. So far her experience was that a good deal of Xavier's student body was surprisingly vapid, not the most exciting people she had been anyway. You just never knew though.

Amara: Amara shrugged, "Doesn't sound too painful." Though probably still not good considering my condition... she winced slightly.

DrXavier: "Foreign nationals will be deported to their country of origin, most likely after a detainment period. American citizens, however, can be jailed." He shifted his weight. "You have my word that this school is a safe haven, but once off the grounds I cannot ensure immunity from prosecution. However, I don't believe any of us wish to live our lives in a vacuum."

Hepzibah: Hepzibah climbed back onto the console. Higher ground always felt safer. Her tail fidgeted behind her.

Andreas: Andreas wondered whether that new student might have fleas, she was quite restless...or maybe frisky...

Cessily: Cessily had known that this day would come, and still she felt strangely uneasy at the idea of effectively being a criminal now. Well, uneasy and somewhat excited, in fact. "Everyone of us who's not registered will be faced with penalties and consequences of some kind if found out, citizen or not." She nodded at Xavier's words.

Amara: Amara watched the new girl with interest. She was certainly different. She frowned, living in a vacuum didn't sound bad to her. They had a priest and a doctor around that was all she needed.... oh and lots of people to sleep with.

Bobby: Bobby grumbled under his breath at Xavier, moving aside a little to give Hepzibah room. Somehow, he doubted she'd appreciate a reassuring scritch behind the ears.

rachel: "Well, that all sounds just peachy."

DrXavier: "If anything, the fate of the Fringes should show us it's important that while we guard ourselves, we also reach out to others who would need our help." He didn't look at Hepzibah, since he was certain she believed she didn't need their 'help.'

Lorna: And not get to their aid too late Lorna made a bit of a face but rid herself of it quickly. That wouldn't go well with the new uniform, that was sure.

Amara: "I'm all for helping people, but we need to hide and if they don't know we exist how can they know they can trust us?" Amara said raising her hand a little.

Andreas: "And for that purpose...," he continued Xavier's already far too long speech. "We've got new uniforms and are going to work as teams again."

rachel: "Yeah because the old ones didn't make us look scary enough," Rachel rolled her eyes.

Hepzibah: "Just exactly how are we supposed to help others if we can't even leave the campus without risking arrest?" Hepzibah raised her hands in question.

Cessily: "And we're going to offer an increased number of training sessions, starting with this semester." Cessily tossed in. "Last year's events have shown how important it is that everyone of us is prepared for emergencies."

Hepzibah: New uniforms? Hepzibah blinked. Training sessions? "What emergencies?"

DrXavier: "As before, I will not ask of any of you to serve on the X-Men if you do not wish to do so." He glanced at Andreas, then back at his students. "Point of fact, we're not reassembling the teams."

Amara: Amara felt bad for Hepzibah, she'd kind of been thrown in at the deep end a bit. She wondered idley how the girl would take that if it happened literally and smiled at the mental image.

Cessily: "Yes, all of the training sessions will be entirely optional again, of course." Cessily added with a nod. "So, don't worry about your grades if you fail at physical exercises." She chuckled.

Hepzibah: Hepzibah shrugged. She figured, PE would be the only class she WOULD pass.

DrXavier: "The specialized team concept has served us well for some time, but as we all share the same dangers, we should all be capable of reacting to any situation that arises. All students will receive standard training, and we shall form temporary teams as needed. Your current team leaders," he smiled at Lorna, Cessily and Andreas. "Shall remain leaders, but so many more students show leadership potential that we shall cultivate that in everyone."

Andreas: "I'll still be your boss, though." He gave the students in front of him a wide smile. And then, with a sarcastically risen eyebrow, he continued. "Not that a single one of you cares..."

Amara: "Of course we don't Andy," Amara told him, "You're a jerk."

Lorna: "Until we're holding medical supplies we don't know what to do with yet." Lorna gave Andy a quick smile.

Cessily: "That's right!" Cessily exclaimed with a grin and clapped her hands together. "You could basically say that we're all one big family now? Isn't that great?"

Andreas: "Depends, Cessily. Seeing as the whole family, except of me, consists of crazy uncles it might be a bit chaotic..."

rachel: Rachel chewed on her lip as she listened to everything that was said. Glancing over at Andy, she suddenly felt bad for whatever Josh had to go through with him as a leader...

Amara: Amara smiled at Cess, "Yeah, I like this idea better, we can work together now and maybe stop arguing amongst ourselves so much..." she gave Andy a look.

DrXavier: "She is correct. I believe all mutants share this common condition, so we should share our knowledge and work together."

DrXavier: "I won't say that taking up the cause is without danger, as some of you are already well aware, but assisting others of our kind in any way we can is rewarding and in the end helps our common cause for mutant equality."

Cessily: "And as you all know, I'm greatly in favour of sharing among friends." Cessily said, folding her hands in front of her lap. "I'm absolutely thrilled at this new concept. I think it will add much to promote a wonderful spirit of community among everywhere here at school."

Hepzibah: Hepzibah was quiet as she stared at each person there. A part of her wanted to be excited at being here. 'Mutant Equality' and all. Another part of her was wondering how fast she could hop a Greyhound outta here!

Amara: Amara nodded in agreement with Xavier and Cessily. She was all for learning how to help mutants so fewer of them would end up like Matteo or 'the fringes'.

DrXavier: "It is risky to leave campus, certainly, but there are those who are aware of our activities and not unsympathetic. Do we risk arrest? Certainly, but... the cause is worth the risk. And, if we all learn to use our talents to their fullest, we become more skilled at evading detection, yes?" Charles wasn't pleased he was forced to turn his students into outlaws, but they were fighting for their very survival now. He sighed.

Amara: "Oh I know all about hiding my abilities." Amara put in, "I have to do it every time I go to see my mother because she'd freak out if anyone else knew."

rachel: "Guess that's where telepathy comes in handy..."

Andreas: "Guess I'll have to practice more so I can lose these." He shook his hands with the robotical gloves on them.

Hepzibah: "I haven't been arrested yet." Not for lack of the authorities trying. She smiled at her own abilities to keep one step ahead.

Cessily: "Seeing that everyone of you will learn the tricks of evading detection would be my job, by the way." Cessily announced, holding up a finger as she smiled.

Lorna: "It's good to stay that way." Lorna smiled a bit, nodding to Hepzibah.

Amara: Amara grinned at Hepzibah, "That's the spirit."

DrXavier: "Every student will receive a new uniform -- slightly more specialized for your tastes and specific mutations." He nodded, then turned his gaze to Hepzibah. "Yes, but you'll find here you don't have to look over your shoulder to keep one step ahead, my dear. And you'll learn how to better do it outside of this sanctuary."

Hepzibah: Hepzibah couldn't help but smile back.

rachel: "You haven't taught me everything yet, Cess?" she poked her tongue out.

Hepzibah: "We'll see." was all she'd promise.

Amara: "Oh does that mean I'll finally get one with pockets for snacks and these?" She held up the chain around her neck that currently had both wedding rings on it because she'd been cooking earlier.

Malice: Hopping from who Malice now knew to be Nezhno as she had already read his file, Malice settled into the next unfamiliar student. Hmm, fur. Well, at least she wasn't pink.

Cessily: "You still have to learn the secret talent of stealing away unseen into the night in case that a spouse comes home sooner than expected." Cessily told Rachel and smirked. Putting on a frown, she added: "Not... that I'd have needed that talent too often yet. Nope."

Amara: Amara giggled at Cess, "I don't believe you." She mouthed.

Andreas: "Cessily is the adultery ninja."

Bobby: Bobby snorted at Cess. "Noo, not too often since not that many of us are married."

rachel: "Well, since Josh and I don't share a room yet, I think I'm good."

Lorna: "Yeaaah, should we be worried about you seeping under the door, Cess?"

Amara: Amara arched an eyebrow at Rachel, "You considering having an affair?"

DrXavier: Charles already knew all the wanted to about these sexual exploits, so he bid the students a good day and allowed his leaders to do what they do best. "I'll see you in class tomorrow, children. All of you."

Cessily: Cessily put on her most innocent expression, which came off more coy instead of anything else. "You know I like to put the advantages of my mutation to a good use."

Malice: Watching out of the eyes but not actually taking them over, Malice plotted her next move. She would have to hitch a ride out to report all of this along with her other findings. This probably wasn't the best body to do it with...a bit conspicuous. First peeling skin and now I would have to worry about the possibility of hairballs? No.

rachel: Rachel shook her head, "Of course not."

Amara: Amara grinned and winked at Rachel. "Well you know where I am if you change your mind!"

rachel: "Heh, I don't go that way. Ask Cess. She's tried."

Cessily: Cessily shrugged and held up her hands. "I did my best." She told Amara.

Amara: "Not even a little curious?" Amara pouted, "Shame...."

Lorna: "Okay then, it's training time." Lorna went over to the console again, crossing her fingers in one hand and fiddling with the controls with another. Luck was with her as the 'dummies' she had wanted appeared on the field. "We're working on field medicine...so we have patients...in a field." It was fitting. "We're going to learn how to get them out safe and see to triage."

Hepzibah: Hepzibah jumped at the sudden change in scenery. This was going to take some getting used to.

Amara: "I don't think my powers would constitute safe anything...." Amara said, arching an eyebrow.

Cessily: Cessily clapped her hands a couple of times. "That's right! Now that the dry official stuff is out of the way, it's time for some fun." She paused, shrugged awkwardly. "Well, if extracting injured people out of a combat zone is your understanding of fun, that is. But exciting, anyway!"

Lorna: "Well, that's why we learn." Lorna shrugged to Amara. "The more times you don't blow up the dummy the better."

Andreas: "You could burn the stumps of lost limps, Amara." He shrugged and, while sending a little curse at Lorna for creating a scenario that forced him to do something, went over to the hurt dummies.

Hepzibah: Hepzibah nodded. "Yes, fun in a combat zone with injured folk."

Cessily: Cessily beamed at Amara. "Aww, don't say that, sweetie. Try to be creative with your powers." She said cheerfully. "For example, you could use it to cauterize wounds. That's wonderful, isn't it?"

rachel: "No, not even a little. Convince Josh, and you might be able to get me," she shrugged, looking around at the victims. Rachel was pretty sure the last time she'd done anything medical related was when she was supposed to learn CPR, which hadn't gone over well...

Amara: "Yeah but I thought we were supposed to evacuate them?" She frowned and got to her feet, "I suppose I could try the levitating thing but since I got back I've only been able to do that in my other form..."

Hepzibah: Hepzibah crinkled her nose at the artificial smell of these wounded dummies. Slowly, she crawled off the console and waited for instructions. What the Hell was she supposed to do? Bound over there and keep the troops entrained with funny stories?

Bobby: Bobby walked over to his dummy and blinked at it. Imagine his surprise when it blinked back. Animated dummies, no less! "Creepy, babe."

Amara: Amara selected a dummy that didn't look too difficult and headed over to it. "So what are we doing with them exactly?"

Hepzibah: With a sigh, Hepzibah loped across on all fours to an unattended dummy. "Do we have stretchers or anything helpful?"

Andreas: "You will perform easy CPR and then, using powers or assistance from others, move them towards the door with upsetting them as little as possible."

rachel: Rachel hesitantly approached a dummy and gave it a nudge with her toe, jumping back slightly when it made a pained noise. Ew, CPR...

Hepzibah: Was he serious?? Perform CPR? Drag this thing to the door?

Lorna: "Are they?" Lorna looked over as she knelt down by her dummie. "Wow, I did a horrible creepy job." She muttered under her breath. Right, CPR. She had that down well enough she supposed.

Amara: Amara prodded her dummy experimentally with her toe, it groaned melodramatically. "Can I have a new one? This one's looking for an Oscar...."

Bobby: He crouched. "Not likely to have stretchers in an emergency." He prodded the dummy a little awkwardly and then located a broken arm. "Oh... flashback."

Lorna: "I don't think prodding is in the field manual." Oh the dummies squirmed horribly once the CPR started to work. That was something new.

Hepzibah: Hesitantly, Hepzibah laid a hand on her selected ward. "This one's breathing - doesn't need CPR." I just have to haul his heavy ass all the way to the door. The doorway seemed to be miles away.

rachel: "Well, if they make noise, at least we know they're alive..." she knelt over the dummy and tried to recall what exactly to do.

Amara: She knelt and gave the dummy a once-over. Probable broken leg. She sighed. Typical. She cast her eyes around for a handy group of rocks - she'd had an idea. "Hope no one minds a bit of nudity.” She took her rings off and put them on the ground a foot or so away so they wouldn't melt and assumed her firey form.

Bobby: "Unless it says 'brains!'" He snorted. "Hey, should have had Teagan volunteer for this one."

Lorna: Lorna looked up as she heard a dummy shout 'I can't feel my chest!' "I think we took examples from a lot of familiar sources."

Bobby: Bobby nearly choked at that familiar voice.

Andreas: "Sometimes it's best to ignore what patients are saying, since they're also suffering under 'the dumb'," he remarked at the shouting dummy.

Hepzibah: Circling her dummy, looking more like she might pounce in and finish him off, Hepzibah carefully tucked its, thankfully unbroken, limbs close to its body.

Cessily: Cessily walked over to one of the training dummies and knelt down next to it. She gave it a basic examination to the best of her abilities, hoping that she still remembered enough from her first aid training. "Mine doesn't breath and have no pulse." She muttered. This meant she'd have to give it CPR, but at least it wouldn't say or do anything.

Amara: Amara melted some 'fake' rocks and spread them out so make a platform long enough to support her patient then solidified it, set it on the ground and returned to normal, slightly more naked than before - she'd not been wearing her uniform. The casualty didn't seem to mind the view, "Ew they're pervy too!" she slapped it.

Bobby: "Okay... at least this time the arm's not mushy." Bobby pulled the dummy's sleeve down to shield its sort-of-skin and encased its arm in ice to stabilize it, then moved on to check for more damage. "If it starts singing Cotton-Eye Joe at me I'm done."

Andreas: "And remember folks: Checking the patient is a good thing, stepping over him while doing so isn't."

Amara: Amara dragged the pervy patient onto her make-shift stretcher then assumed her flaming form again, melting the underside of the stretcher enough to enable her to steer it to the door. "Anyone need a stretcher?" She asked, setting the patient down by the door and tipping him off it.

Hepzibah: "Yes, please!" Hepzibah called.

rachel: Rachel glanced over hers and back at Andy since he seemed to be in charge, "Does it matter what's wrong with them as long as we get them to the door?"

Cessily: Cessily looked up at Amara and grinned. "Awesome idea." She said. "See? And you said your powers were useless."

Andreas: "If they survive getting to the door and the injuries don't get worse, have at it."

Lorna: "Slapping patients isn't int he manual either...unless they're hysterical I guess." Okay, patient was now breathing, appeared to have some sort of head wound and was gurgling something about being her sunshine. That was just a bit too familiar there. He was moving his legs though which seemed like a pretty good sign, even if he was a kicker. Lorna stepped back, letting him levitate.

Amara: Amara returned to her normal form because she was getting tired already and carried her stretcher to Hepzibah, "Uh, sorry about the nakedness - can't be helped." She turned and grinned at Cess.

Cessily: Retuning her attention back to her own patient, Cessily began with basic CPR. "I'm sure this one will need intubation sooner or later." She found, taking a break to check for a pulse again.

Bobby: Bobby determined that he couldn't determine anything else wrong with his guy, and decided maybe he could make an ice stretcher. He straightened up, then cursed when he saw motion on the horizon. "Oh.. Dee. Okay, guys, we got company!" A group of horned, twisted and very familiar looking creatures were heading right at them.

Hepzibah: The offer of a stretcher was the best deal Hepzibah had heard since she came into the crappy, shift changing room. She wasn't going to look a gift horse in the mouth. Or a naked mutant in the - never mind.

Andreas: "This is getting increasingly ridiculous. Who wrote this program, a nerd?"

rachel: "Awesome." Rachel looked over the dummy again and decided that it'd live. At least she hoped it would. It was at least breathing, as creepy as it was to think about the thing breathing. She picked him up with her teke and scowled at the ugly things coming toward them. Great...

Lorna: "Um, yeah?" Lorna would have thought that one obvious.

Amara: Amara dropped her stretcher, ran to pick up her rings and tried to decide who would be safe to give them to. "Rachel can you you look after these for me?" She held them out on her chain. "I don't want to melt them."

Hepzibah: "Does this mean we can ditch the dummies??" Hepzibah asked, already abandoning hers.

Cessily: Cessily was thrilled when she felt a pulse beneath the patient's neck, and could make out a steady rise and fall of the chest. She grinned triumphantly. "Yay! I saved a virtual life!" She cheered. Looking up at the others, she noticed the large figures running towards them. "What now... Oh my."

Lorna: "Don't ditch your wounded. You don't leave people behind." Lorna started moving hers back faster, helping others with theirs.

Hepzibah: "Are those - Orcs??" Hepzibah cried. "Oh for the love of Christ!!" Her claws sprang out on their own in reflex.

Bobby: Bobby sent a blast of ice at the nearest orc, throwing it backward into its companion, who unfortunately just tripped a little then kept coming. "Shit." He formed a sturdy ice sword and closed with pig-face.

rachel: "Uhh... sure," she quickly took the chain from Mara and just put the necklace on after deciding that around her neck was probably the safest place next to down her shirt.

Amara: Amara smiled at Rae, "Thanks." She flamed up again and went to help bobby, finding some more rocks to melt and flinging the molten pieces at the enemies. "Should this be as much fun as it is?"

Andreas: "The wounded are first priority, communicate with each other. People with beneficial mutations take care of the patients, the others defend." He himself didn't move even one bit, even when the Orcs approached. They weren't programmed to hurt.

Cessily: "Not this is simply fantastic." Cessily muttered under her breath. She stretched one of her arms into a long tentacle and wrapped is several times around the dummy. In the meantime one of the orcs had closed with her, swinging a huge club above his head. "Just like in real life."

rachel: Rachel dumped the dummy by the door, ignoring its groan at just being dropped, as she sent a blast of teke at the orcs.

Cessily: Dragging the wounded out of the way with one arm, she shaped her other one into a silver shield and deflected the blow. When the club made contact, she had the shield engulf the weapon and pulled it out of the creature's hand. It gave her a confused look, so Cessily used its distracted state to kick it in the groin.

Amara: Amara saw the orc attacking Cess and decided to remove the iritation by incasing it in molten rock. She grinned at the girl and turned back to the others.

Bobby: "Oh yeah, it's better than mouth-to-mouth on a hologram." Bobby dispatched his orc with a blow to its jaw with an iced fist, then looked back to his... charge. It was blinking at him again, so he formed it a nice little igloo for protection.

Hepzibah: Hepzibah was frozen to her spot as one orc charged at her. At the last possible moment, her feral side took over and she lunged at it. With a growl, she threw herself at it and ripped its throat out.

Amara: Amara looked over to Hepzibah with raised eyebrows, "Wow.... remind me not to piss her off...."
Hepzibah: For a moment she just stared at what she'd done. Her hands were covered in a black stench. This was...fun.

Hepzibah: With more gusto, the white feline threw herself at the next closest enemy, and ripped at it till it fell over, twisting to get away from her. She held onto it, clawing until it stopped moving. With a sniff, she was satisfied it was 'dead' and moved on to yet another.

Lorna: "Holy." Well, they might have to cover the 'X-men do not kill rule' later but Lorna could definitely see the new girl being pretty useful for combat. She grinned, putting the last of the dummies she had floated over down and joined in the orc attack, trying not to imagine the Queen music that would go with that scenario.

Cessily: Cessily grinned back at Amara. She used the chance to get her dummy out of harms way, placing it behind a rock. Just in time for more of the orcs coming at her. "Alright, so let's do this on their terms." She said and turned both of her arms into large, curved blades, using them to deflect her opponent's attacks.

Bobby: Bobby saw Hepzibah from the corner of his eye and couldn't help but think of Vic. Girly killer kitty. Wow. Hot.

Amara: Amara began to realise that using her powers to this extent in her present condition was not helping her fatigue. She returned to her normal form, continuing to attack the Orcs but with fireballs and heatblasts instead which used far less energy.

Cessily: After blocking their initial attack, silver tentacles wrapped around the creature's legs and pulled, sending them all to the ground. Grinning, Cessily reshaped her arms into maces and knocked the orcs out. "This is fun." She called. "We should have fantasy settings more often."

Lorna: "Now you know what I do in my free time." Lorna snorted, pulling battle axes away from their owners.

Bobby: His immediate area now clear of orcs, Bobby dispursed the igloo and decided he didn't want to take a chance dumping the dummy off a stretcher. He carefully picked up the dummy and gave it a grin, which it parroted. Clearly, he had a retarded dummy.

Amara: Amara sent a super-charged heatblast at a group of orcs and incinerated the first few instantly, the remaining few suffered agonising burns.

rachel: Being crushed definitely wasn't something she wanted to experience, so she avoided being clubbed. Not that the DR would really let it kill her, but still. Yeah, right, fun. That all depended on what the definition of fun was because Rachel didn't see the fun in fighting things that were like five times her size and could snap her in half.

Hepzibah: Leaving a trail of bodies behind her, Hepzibah, was quickly forgetting that this was a rescue and recovery mission.

Andreas: "Oh boy..." Andreas lied down on the ground, deciding that this whole session had went to hell by now and figuring that he might as well have a relaxed time for the rest of it.

Cessily: Cessily returned to her dummy and checked on it. Still breathing. So far, so good. "I better get you out of here, before more of the smelly greenskins show up." She thought that dragging the guy over the ground wouldn't be the best thing to do, as was just carrying him. He should lie as still as possible, right?"

Hepzibah: Stopping for only a moment to finish off the few that Amara had left burned and suffering, she looked around for more enemies.

Hepzibah: She was not disappointed as the computer program just kept spitting more green skinned, filthy orcs in her direction.

Cessily: Getting an idea, Cessily's form collapsed into a silver metallic mass. She flowed underneath the dummy and formed a shiny mobile bed. Reforming her upper body at one end, she took off towards the door, the dummy safely stored on her back. She resembled a giant silver snail.

Lorna: "Fall back! Guard the casualties!" Oh why couldn't it be orcs they had to fight on the outside? Large, not exactly bright orcs would be so much better. She had programed in an escape vehicle, hadn't she? She smirked, wondering what form it would take.

Amara: Amara was really starting to tire now. She was frustrated because she knew she could do more than this but she was just so tired lately. She decided to stop when she felt herself get dizzy and gladly accepted the order to fall back.

Bobby: What the hell was that smell? Burned dog hair? Bobby iced up and formed a slide, heading for the door with his charge. He paused to blast an orc back with a flurry of ice, but missed. He blinked, stunned. How the fuck did he miss?!

Cessily: "Dump any additional sick and wounded on your trusty Cess-mule!" Cessily announced, showing them all a broad grin as she snailed her way triumphantly back to the group.

rachel: Rachel pushed out a wave of teke and followed Lorna's order.

Hepzibah: Hepzibah was far past hearing the order to fall back. She had never given in to her feral side. And she liked it.

Cessily: She noticed that Amara looked wobbly already. "Hey, need a ride, sweetie?" She asked.

Amara: Amara meandered her way to the group of injured dummies and paused to blink at Cess, "Normally I'd have a response to that but for now I think I'll just accept."

Hepzibah: Bounding to Bobby's orc, she made quick work of it and grinned at him. "I like this game." she grinned, covered in fake black blood.

Bobby: Growling under his breath, he just lowered the orc's body temperature, waiting for it to fall. Hepzibah's sudden attack startled him, forcing him to release the orc's temperature. Black blood started to burble out of its wounds. "Gaaah!"

Lorna: That order hadn't worked as well as Lorna had hoped. "Fall back! It's time we made our exit!"

Cessily: "Shiny!" Cessily waited until Amara and gotten a safe hold on her back. She then shifted a couple of wheels and sped up. "Wheeheee!" She cheered, speeding across the ground.

Bobby: "Are you okay, Hep?" Now wasn't the time to call her Cheetara. He glanced over at Lorna.

Hepzibah: Hepzibah stopped and crouched down staring, Lorna's words reaching her at last.

Hepzibah: "I..." she stared down at herself and at the carnage behind her. "Yes, I'm fine." she lied.
Amara: Amara giggled, feeling sleepy, "This is fun, Cess, you should do this more often."

Lorna: Lorna heard a whumping sound behind her and turned. The TARDIS? Wow, she really had been bored when she made this thing, hadn't she?

Hepzibah: Finally falling back, Hepzibah slid past Bobby. "Sorry," she mumbled.

Bobby: He eyed her. Yeah, that'd sounded convincing. "Okay, let's go then." He checked his hold on the body and turned the ice slide, trying to keep pace with the girl. "Nothing to be sorry for, it's okay."

Cessily: "Oh, yes, I totally should!" Cessily said, speeding after Lorna. "This is so much fun. I could try out a lot more vehicle shapes. Anything is possible." She grinned. "Think about it: I could be the school bike in more than just one way."

Cessily: She blinked when they approached... the Tardis!? "Oookay." She mouthed. "This program is different."

Amara: Amara giggled again, "For now I think I might just need you to take me to my room... if only for some more clothes...." She blinked up at the tardis, "Wow... someone was bored..."

Lorna: "I admit it fully. It could have been eagles though." Actually the eagles would have been friggin sweet. Lorna filed that away for later.

Bobby: "Tardis! Dee!" Bobby laughed, shifting back to normal as he stepped off the ice slide.

rachel: Rachel pulled Mara's chain off and handed it over to her as she eyed their mode of transportation, "You might want this back..."

Amara: Amara smiled at Rachel, "Thanks for keeping them safe for me." She put the chain back around her neck.

Cessily: Cessily rolled up to the Tardis and gently set down the dummy. "Now that was fun." She said. "Should I take you up to your room, or go grab some candy first?" She asked Amara.

Lorna: Lorna ducked into the Tardis and laughed. Ginny would probably be happy they put his baby to good use. "Right, dummies all in?"

Bobby: "Well, define dummy." Bobby smirked, settling in beside her with his dummy.

Amara: "I have candy in my room," Amara told Cess, "I have to eat in order to get out of bed these days."

Hepzibah: "I need a bath." Hepzibah grimaced, trying to wipe some of the blood off.

Lorna: "Well, in that case, are both kinds all in?"

Hepzibah: She looked out over the field. She wasn't sure she belonged here the moment they started talking uniforms and exercises. Now she wasn't sure she belonged here for a whole different reason.

Amara: Amara smiled sleepily at Hepzibah, "Yep I think you do." she agreed, "And then we maybe need to do something about your temper?"

Cessily: "Well, looks like it's a trip to the candy shop... I mean your room, then." Cessily grinned. She gave Hepzibah a look, blinking in surprise of finding her in such a bloody state. "Uhm, yes, I think you're right. Looks like you had... fun there?"

[Edited on 12-3-2009 by Slarti]
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

Hoo wee, that cat's got some fight in her.
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Hepzibah: Hepzibah couldn't decide whether to nod or shake her head, so she just made a vague intonation and kept pawing at the grass.
Ok. I'm sorry, but I so got a picture of danger room grass = one bigassed litter box right there.
Malice: Watching out of the eyes but not actually taking them over, Malice plotted her next move. She would have to hitch a ride out to report all of this along with her other findings. This probably wasn't the best body to do it with...a bit conspicuous. First peeling skin and now I would have to worry about the possibility of hairballs? No.
Oh <3 Malice.
Hepzibah: Hepzibah was frozen to her spot as one orc charged at her. At the last possible moment, her feral side took over and she lunged at it. With a growl, she threw herself at it and ripped its throat out.

Amara: Amara looked over to Hepzibah with raised eyebrows, "Wow.... remind me not to piss her off...."
Hepzibah: For a moment she just stared at what she'd done. Her hands were covered in a black stench. This was...fun.

Hepzibah: With more gusto, the white feline threw herself at the next closest enemy, and ripped at it till it fell over, twisting to get away from her. She held onto it, clawing until it stopped moving. With a sniff, she was satisfied it was 'dead' and moved on to yet another.

Lorna: "Holy." Well, they might have to cover the 'X-men do not kill rule' later but Lorna could definitely see the new girl being pretty useful for combat. She grinned, putting the last of the dummies she had floated over down and joined in the orc attack, trying not to imagine the Queen music that would go with that scenario.

and
Bobby: Bobby saw Hepzibah from the corner of his eye and couldn't help but think of Vic. Girly killer kitty. Wow. Hot.
woo hezzie!

Great game guys!
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.